Genomes and Genes
hepatocyte growth factor
Summary: Multifunctional growth factor which regulates both cell growth and cell motility. It exerts a strong mitogenic effect on hepatocytes and primary epithelial cells. Its receptor is PROTO-ONCOGENE PROTEINS C-MET.
Publications379 found, 100 shown here
- Targeting MET in cancer: rationale and progressErmanno Gherardi
Medical Research Council MRC Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 12:89-103. 2012..Genetic and biochemical data have demonstrated that the growth and motility factor hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) and its receptor, the tyrosine kinase MET, have a causal role in all of these ..
- Met, metastasis, motility and moreCarmen Birchmeier
Department of Neuroscience, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13122 Berlin, Germany
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4:915-25. 2003
- Hepatocyte growth factor mediates mesenchymal stem cell–induced recovery in multiple sclerosis modelsLianhua Bai
Center for Translational Neuroscience, Department of Neurosciences, Case School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:862-70. 2012..Functional assays identified hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its primary receptor cMet as critical in MSC-stimulated recovery in EAE, neural cell ..
- The role of signaling pathways in the development and treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaS Whittaker
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Oncogene 29:4989-5005. 2010..target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway, WNT/beta-catenin pathway, insulin-like growth factor pathway, hepatocyte growth factor/c-MET pathway and growth factor-regulated angiogenic signaling...
- Hepatocyte growth factor expression in EGFR mutant lung cancer with intrinsic and acquired resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in a Japanese cohortSeiji Yano
Division of Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Takara machi, Kanazawa, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 6:2011-7. 2011This study was performed to determine the incidence rates of resistance factors, i.e., high-level hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) expression, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) T790M secondary mutation, and MET amplification, in ..
- Hypoxia promotes invasive growth by transcriptional activation of the met protooncogeneSelma Pennacchietti
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino Medical School, Candiolo, Italy
Cancer Cell 3:347-61. 2003..The Met tyrosine kinase, a high affinity receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), plays a crucial role in controlling invasive growth and is often overexpressed in cancer...
- Histone deacetylases activate hepatocyte growth factor signaling by repressing microRNA-449 in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsReena Buurman
Institute of Cell and Molecular Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 143:811-20.e1-15. 2012..We searched for microRNAs (miRs) that are affected by histone deacetylation and investigated the effects in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells...
- Identification of the hepatocyte growth factor receptor as the c-met proto-oncogene productD P Bottaro
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Science 251:802-4. 1991b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a plasminogen-like protein thought to be a humoral mediator of liver regeneration...
- Transfection of human hepatocyte growth factor gene ameliorates secondary lymphedema via promotion of lymphangiogenesisYukihiro Saito
Division of Gene Therapy Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Circulation 114:1177-84. 2006..Treatment for this disabling condition remains limited and largely ineffective. The goal of the present study was to investigate the therapeutic efficacy of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in animal models of lymphedema.
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces gefitinib resistance of lung adenocarcinoma with epidermal growth factor receptor-activating mutationsSeiji Yano
Division of Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Cancer Res 68:9479-87. 2008..Here, we showed that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a ligand of MET oncoprotein, induces gefitinib resistance of lung adenocarcinoma cells with EGFR-..
- Drug development of MET inhibitors: targeting oncogene addiction and expediencePaolo M Comoglio
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, University of Turin School of Medicine, Candiolo, Turin 10060, Italy
Nat Rev Drug Discov 7:504-16. 2008..Here we discuss recent progress in the development of molecules that inhibit MET function and consider their application in a subset of human tumours that are potentially responsive to MET-targeted therapies...
- Keratinocyte and hepatocyte growth factors in the lung: roles in lung development, inflammation, and repairLorraine B Ware
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L924-40. 2002..growth factors keratinocyte growth factor (KGF), fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-10, and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) play important roles in lung development, lung inflammation, and repair...
- Scatter-factor and semaphorin receptors: cell signalling for invasive growthLivio Trusolino
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino School of Medicine, Candiolo, Italy
Nat Rev Cancer 2:289-300. 2002..What are the differences between physiological and pathological activation of these signalling molecules, and can we exploit them therapeutically to prevent metastasis?..
- Essential role for the c-met receptor in the migration of myogenic precursor cells into the limb budF Bladt
Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Berlin, Germany
Nature 376:768-71. 1995..The specific ligand of the c-met protein, the motility and growth factor scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor, is expressed in limb mesenchyme and can thus provide the signal for migration which is received by c-met...
- Migration of bone marrow and cord blood mesenchymal stem cells in vitro is regulated by stromal-derived factor-1-CXCR4 and hepatocyte growth factor-c-met axes and involves matrix metalloproteinasesBo Ra Son
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2R8, Canada
Stem Cells 24:1254-64. 2006..Because stromal-derived factor (SDF)-1 and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) become up-regulated during tissue/organ damage, in this study we examined whether these factors ..
- Islet endothelial cells and pancreatic beta-cell proliferation: studies in vitro and during pregnancy in adult ratsMagnus Johansson
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Endocrinology 147:2315-24. 2006..endothelial cells from pancreatic islets can stimulate beta-cell proliferation through secretion of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- Hepatocyte growth factor/c-met signaling pathway is required for efficient liver regeneration and repairChang Goo Huh
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 37 Convent Drive MSC 4262, Building 37, Room 4146A, Bethesda, MD 20892 4262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4477-82. 2004b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor c-met signaling pathway is of central importance during development as well as in tumorigenesis...
- Osthole suppresses hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition via repression of the c-Met/Akt/mTOR pathway in human breast cancer cellsChao Ming Hung
Department of General Surgery, E Da Hospital, I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 59:9683-90. 2011..Briefly, our result suggests a connection between FASN activity and c-Met protein expression and that osthole is a potential compound for breast cancer therapy by targeting the major pathway of HGF/c-Met-induced EMT...
- Hepatocyte growth factor regulates human trophoblast motility and invasion: a role for nitric oxideJ E Cartwright
Department of Biochemistry, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 ORE
Br J Pharmacol 128:181-9. 19991. The expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is essential for normal placental development although its function is unknown...
- Hepatocyte growth factor promotes lymphatic vessel formation and functionKentaro Kajiya
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 24:2885-95. 2005..versus blood vascular endothelial cells (BVEC) revealed that LEC express significantly higher levels of hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGF-R)...
- Molecular cloning and expression of human hepatocyte growth factorT Nakamura
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Nature 342:440-3. 1989b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is the most potent mitogen for mature parenchymal hepatocytes in primary culture, and seems to be a hepatotrophic factor that acts as a trigger for liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy and liver ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces cell scattering through MAPK/Egr-1-mediated upregulation of SnailStefan Grotegut
Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, Center of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 25:3534-45. 2006b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF) exerts several functions in physiological and pathological processes, among them the induction of epithelial cell scattering and motility...
- Placental defect and embryonic lethality in mice lacking hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factorY Uehara
Institute for Liver Research, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Nature 373:702-5. 1995b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) functions as a mitogen, motogen and morphogen for a variety of cultured cells...
- Hepatocyte growth factor twenty years on: Much more than a growth factorTakahiro Nakamura
Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:188-202. 2011..1980s, the method for the cultivation of mature hepatocytes provided an opportunity for the discovery of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as a protein that is structurally and functionally different from other growth factors...
- Hepatocyte growth factor upregulation promotes carcinogenesis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma via Akt and COX-2 pathwaysOlorunseun O Ogunwobi
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine and Shands Cancer Center, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Road, M651, PO 100275, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 28:721-31. 2011..Their morphological characteristics were examined. Expression levels of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), markers of EMT and mediators of HGF signaling were determined and functional characteristics were ..
- Breast cancer cells induce cancer-associated fibroblasts to secrete hepatocyte growth factor to enhance breast tumorigenesisShiaw Wei Tyan
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan Authority
PLoS ONE 6:e15313. 2011..The expression level of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in these fibroblasts was positively correlated with their ability to enhance breast tumorigenesis ..
- Deubiquitinase activities required for hepatocyte growth factor-induced scattering of epithelial cellsRichard Buus
Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK
Curr Biol 19:1463-6. 2009..RNA (siRNA) library approach, we have identified 12 DUBs that are necessary for aspects of the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-dependent scattering response of A549 cells...
- Identification of the receptor tyrosine kinase c-Met and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor, as therapeutic targets in clear cell sarcomaIan J Davis
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Ludwig Center for Cancer Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 70:639-45. 2010..CCS and CCS-derived cell lines express c-Met, which is activated in an autocrine fashion by its ligand hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/scatter factor in some CCS cell lines...
- The molecular and clinical impact of hepatocyte growth factor, its receptor, activators, and inhibitors in wound healingKevin Conway
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 14:2-10. 2006..In the process of healing, hepatocyte growth factor, a cytokine known to act as mitogen, motogen, and morphogen, has been postulated to play multiple roles ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor or vascular endothelial growth factor gene transfer maximizes mesenchymal stem cell-based myocardial salvage after acute myocardial infarctionTobias Deuse
Departments of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University, CA 94305 5407, USA
Circulation 120:S247-54. 2009..Mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-based regenerative strategies were investigated to treat acute myocardial infarction and improve left ventricular function...
- Effect of hepatocyte growth factor on progression of liver metastasis in colorectal cancerShinji Osada
Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 57:76-80. 2010..To evaluate therapeutic approaches, the biological responses associated with hepatectomy were studied with a focus on hepatocyte growth factor (HGF).
- Impact of serum hepatocyte growth factor on treatment response to epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in patients with non-small cell lung adenocarcinomaKazuo Kasahara
Respiratory Medicine, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 16:4616-24. 2010..However, the responses to EGFR-TKIs vary even among patients with EGFR mutations. We studied several other independently active biomarkers for EGFR-TKI treatment...
- Functional map and domain structure of MET, the product of the c-met protooncogene and receptor for hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factorErmanno Gherardi
Medical Research Council Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12039-44. 2003Little is known about the large ectodomain of MET, the product of the c-met protooncogene and receptor for hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF)...
- Hepatocyte growth factor protects retinal ganglion cells by increasing neuronal survival and axonal regeneration in vitro and in vivoLars Tönges
Department of Neurology, University Medicine Gottingen, R Koch Strasse 40, Gottingen, Germany
J Neurochem 117:892-903. 2011b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is known to promote the survival and foster neuritic outgrowth of different subpopulations of CNS neurons during development...
- Cross-talk between epidermal growth factor receptor and c-Met signal pathways in transformed cellsM Jo
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 275:8806-11. 2000..growth factor alpha (TGFalpha), c-Met is constitutively phosphorylated in the absence of its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor. We proposed that TGFalpha and the autocrine activation of its receptor, epidermal growth factor receptor ..
- Met-regulated expression signature defines a subset of human hepatocellular carcinomas with poor prognosis and aggressive phenotypePal Kaposi-Novak
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1582-95. 2006....
- Met provides essential signals for liver regenerationMalgorzata Borowiak
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin Buch, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10608-13. 2004..analysis in mice has demonstrated a crucial role of the Met tyrosine kinase receptor and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF), in development of the liver, muscle, and placenta...
- Novel therapeutic inhibitors of the c-Met signaling pathway in cancerJoseph Paul Eder
AstraZeneca LP, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2207-14. 2009..the c-Met signaling pathway due to dysregulation of the c-Met receptor or overexpression of its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), has been associated with an aggressive phenotype...
- The MET receptor tyrosine kinase in invasion and metastasisSilvia Benvenuti
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, University of Turin Medical School, Candiolo Torino, Italy
J Cell Physiol 213:316-25. 2007..Among those soluble factors a major position is exerted by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) together with its receptor MET and macrophage-stimulating protein (MSP) in cooperation with its ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor effects on mesenchymal stem cells: proliferation, migration, and differentiationGiancarlo Forte
Molecular and Cellular Lab, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier, 1, 00133 Roma, Italy
Stem Cells 24:23-33. 2006b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a pleiotropic cytokine of mesenchymal origin promoting migration, proliferation, and survival in a wide spectrum of cells, can also modulate different biological responses in stem cells, but the mechanisms ..
- Targeting the HGF/Met signalling pathway in cancerFabiola Cecchi
Urologic Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Eur J Cancer 46:1260-70. 2010Under normal conditions, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced Met tyrosine kinase (TK) activation is tightly regulated by paracrine ligand delivery, ligand activation at the target cell surface, and ligand activated receptor ..
- Myocardial protection from ischemia/reperfusion injury by endogenous and exogenous HGFT Nakamura
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Oncology, Biomedical Research Center B7, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
J Clin Invest 106:1511-9. 2000..Supplements of HGF, an endogenous cardioprotective factor, may be found clinically suitable in treating subjects with myocardial infarction...
- Transforming growth factor-beta signaling-deficient fibroblasts enhance hepatocyte growth factor signaling in mammary carcinoma cells to promote scattering and invasionNikki Cheng
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6838, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1521-33. 2008..in fibroblast-epithelial cell cotransplantation studies in mice, correlating with increased expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- c-Met is a potentially new therapeutic target for treatment of human melanomaNeelu Puri
Departments of Hematology Oncology and Pathology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2246-53. 2007..In this study, we investigated the role of c-Met in melanoma biology using a novel small-molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitor SU11274 and small interfering (si) RNA against the receptor...
- The binding properties of minimal oligosaccharides reveal a common heparan sulfate/dermatan sulfate-binding site in hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor that can accommodate a wide variety of sulfation patternsJon A Deakin
Cancer Research UK Glyco Oncology Group, School of Cancer and Imaging Sciences, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Rd, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:6311-21. 2009Heparan sulfate (HS)/heparin and dermatan sulfate (DS) both bind with high affinity to hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) and function as necessary co-factors in vitro...
- Potent blockade of hepatocyte growth factor-stimulated cell motility, matrix invasion and branching morphogenesis by antagonists of Grb2 Src homology 2 domain interactionsN Atabey
Laboratories of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Medicinal Chemistry, Division of Basic Sciences, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4255, USA
J Biol Chem 276:14308-14. 2001b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) stimulates mitogenesis, motogenesis, and morphogenesis in a wide range of cellular targets during development, homeostasis and tissue regeneration...
- Hepatocyte growth factor reduces cardiac fibrosis by inhibiting endothelial-mesenchymal transitionKeita Okayama
Department of Clinical Gene Therapy, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Hypertension 59:958-65. 2012The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) on the pathogenesis of cardiac fibrosis induced by pressure overload in mice...
- Met kinase inhibitor E7050 reverses three different mechanisms of hepatocyte growth factor-induced tyrosine kinase inhibitor resistance in EGFR mutant lung cancerWei Wang
Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 18:1663-71. 2012b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) induces resistance to reversible and irreversible epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitors (EGFR-TKI) in EGFR mutant lung cancer cells by activating Met and the downstream phosphoinositide ..
- A hepatocyte growth factor receptor (Met)-insulin receptor hybrid governs hepatic glucose metabolismArlee Fafalios
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Med 17:1577-84. 2011Met is the transmembrane tyrosine kinase cell surface receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and is structurally related to the insulin receptor (INSR) tyrosine kinase...
- Association of polymorphisms in the hepatocyte growth factor gene promoter with keratoconusKathryn P Burdon
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:8514-9. 2011..Although several genomic regions have been linked to rare familial forms of keratoconus, no genes have yet been definitively identified for common forms of the disease...
- Inhibition of tumor cell growth, invasion, and metastasis by EXEL-2880 (XL880, GSK1363089), a novel inhibitor of HGF and VEGF receptor tyrosine kinasesFawn Qian
Exelixis, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94083, USA
Cancer Res 69:8009-16. 2009The Met receptor tyrosine kinase and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), are overexpressed and/or activated in a wide variety of human malignancies...
- Scatter factors and invasive growthP M Comoglio
Division of Molecular Oncology, IRCC, Institute for Cancer Research, Str Provinciale 142, Km 3 95, Candiolo TO, 10060, Italy
Semin Cancer Biol 11:153-65. 2001..Here we discuss how alterations of these receptors or of their signal transduction pathways are responsible for cancer onset and progression towards metastasis...
- Impairment of collateral formation in lipoprotein(a) transgenic mice: therapeutic angiogenesis induced by human hepatocyte growth factor geneRyuichi Morishita
Division of Gene Therapy Science, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 105:1491-6. 2002..In addition, we examined the feasibility of gene therapy by using an angiogenic growth factor, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), to treat PAD in the presence of high Lp(a).
- HGF/c-met/Stat3 signaling during skin tumor cell invasion: indications for a positive feedback loopZanobia A Syed
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport and Feist Weiller Cancer Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71103, USA
BMC Cancer 11:180. 2011..The hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/c-met receptor tyrosine kinase signaling pathway is responsible for stimulation of cell motility ..
- X-Linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein expression level in colorectal cancer is regulated by hepatocyte growth factor/C-met pathway via Akt signalingHiroya Takeuchi
Department of Molecular Oncology, Gastrointestinal Section, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7621-8. 2005..We hypothesized that the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activation in colorectal cancer via c-Met receptor regulates IAP proteins through Akt signaling.
- Tissue microarray-based studies of patients with lymph node negative breast carcinoma show that met expression is associated with worse outcome but is not correlated with epidermal growth factor family receptorsIdris Tolgay Ocal
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cancer 97:1841-8. 2003..Although RTKs are a large family, HER-2, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), Met (hepatocyte growth factor receptor), and others all have shown the ability to predict outcome...
- Radiation-enhanced hepatocyte growth factor secretion in malignant glioma cell linesChu Sheng-Hua
Department of Neurosurgery, No 3 People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University College of Medicine, Shanghai 201900, ROC China
Surg Neurol 68:610-3; discussion 613-4. 2007..The scope of this study is to investigate HGF secretion by malignant glioma cells with different radiosensitivity after irradiation...
- Strong neurogenesis, angiogenesis, synaptogenesis, and antifibrosis of hepatocyte growth factor in rats brain after transient middle cerebral artery occlusionJingwei Shang
Department of Neurology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shikatacho, Okayama, Japan
J Neurosci Res 89:86-95. 2011b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) are strong neurotrophic factors. However, their potentials in neurogenesis, angiogenesis, synaptogenesis, and antifibrosis have not been compared...
- Neutralizing monoclonal antibodies to hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) display antitumor activity in animal modelsB Cao
Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7443-8. 2001The hepatocyte growth factor (HGF/SF) receptor, Met, regulates mitogenesis, motility, and morphogenesis in a cell type-dependent fashion...
- Synergistic effects of epidermal growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor on human ovarian cancer cell invasion and migration: role of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseHong Y Zhou
University of Hong Kong, School of Biological Sciences, 4S 14 Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building, Hong Kong
Endocrinology 148:5195-208. 2007..Epidermal growth factor (EGF) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) are often both overexpressed and contribute to the growth of ovarian cancer by activating autocrine ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor, its receptor, and their potential value in cancer therapiesWen G Jiang
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, University Department of Surgery, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 53:35-69. 2005b>Hepatocyte growth factor plays multiple roles in cancer, by acting as a motility and invasion stimulating factor, promoting metastasis and tumour growth. Furthermore, it acts as a powerful angiogenic factor...
- A cell-intrinsic role for Mst1 in regulating thymocyte egressYongli Dong
Institute of Developmental Biology and Molecular Medicine, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Immunol 183:3865-72. 2009..T lineage-specific knockout of the Mst1 gene demonstrates a cell-intrinsic role for Mst1 in regulating T cell development. Our study indicates that Mst1 is crucial in controlling lymphocyte chemotaxis and thymocyte emigration...
- Endogenous hepatocyte growth factor is a niche signal for subventricular zone neural stem cell amplification and self-renewalCamille Nicoleau
Institut de Physiologie et Biologie Cellulaires, University of Poitiers, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Poitiers, France
Stem Cells 27:408-19. 2009..a growth-stimulatory activity of liver explant-conditioned media on SVZ cell cultures and identify hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as a major player in this effect...
- Regulation of neuronal cell death by MST1-FOXO1 signalingZengqiang Yuan
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:11285-92. 2009..Collectively, these findings define MST1-FOXO1 signaling as an important link survival factor deprivation-induced neuronal cell death with implications for our understanding of brain development and neurological diseases...
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces Wnt-independent nuclear translocation of beta-catenin after Met-beta-catenin dissociation in hepatocytesSatdarshan P S Monga
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Cancer Res 62:2064-71. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and Wnt signaling pathways have been shown to be important in embryogenesis and carcinogenesis. The aim of this study was to elucidate the mechanism of functional similarities observed in the two pathways...
- Hepatocyte growth factor in myeloma patients treated with high-dose chemotherapyCarina Seidel
Department of IMPI, Division of Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Haematol 119:672-6. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a cytokine produced by myeloma cells. We examined serum HGF levels in a population of young myeloma patients (median age 52 years) treated with high-dose chemotherapy...
- Association of the multisubstrate docking protein Gab1 with the hepatocyte growth factor receptor requires a functional Grb2 binding site involving tyrosine 1356L Nguyen
Department of Medicine, Molecular Oncology Group, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Ave West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
J Biol Chem 272:20811-9. 1997b>Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor is a multifunctional factor that induces mitogenesis, motility, invasion, and branching tubulogenesis of several epithelial and endothelial cell lines in culture...
- Induction of hepatocyte growth factor activator gene expression under hypoxia activates the hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met system via hypoxia inducible factor-1 in pancreatic cancerYoshihiko Kitajima
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga, B49 8501 Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1341-7. 2008Hepatocyte growth facor activator (HGFA) is a serine protease that converts hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) into its active form...
- Annexin A3 expression increases in hepatocytes and is regulated by hepatocyte growth factor in rat liver regenerationMizuho Harashima
Department of Nutrition and Physiology, Nihon University College of Bioresource Sciences, Kameino Fujisawa, Japan
J Biochem 143:537-45. 2008..AnxA3 mRNA increases in hepatocytes after CCl4 administration. Anti-hepatocyte growth factor antibody suppresses this increase in AnxA3 mRNA level...
- Hepatocyte growth factor reduces susceptibility to an irreversible epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor in EGFR-T790M mutant lung cancerTadaaki Yamada
Division of Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 16:174-83. 2010..We showed previously that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) induced gefitinib resistance of lung cancer harboring EGFR-activating mutations...
- HGF/SF-met signaling in the control of branching morphogenesis and invasionYu wen Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick Ave NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
J Cell Biochem 88:408-17. 2003b>Hepatocyte growth factor/Scatter factor (HGF/SF) is a multifunctional growth factor which can induce diverse biological events. In vitro, these include scattering, invasion, proliferation and branching morphogenesis...
- Role of the hepatocyte growth factor receptor, c-Met, in oncogenesis and potential for therapeutic inhibitionGautam Maulik
Department of Medicine, Division of Adult Oncology, Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology, Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 13:41-59. 2002..Stimulation of c-Met via its ligand hepatocyte growth factor also known as scatter factor (HGF/SF), leads to a plethora of biological and biochemical effects in the ..
- Crosstalk to stromal fibroblasts induces resistance of lung cancer to epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitorsWei Wang
Division of Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:6630-8. 2009..We have therefore assessed the effect of crosstalk between stromal cells and lung cancer cells harboring EGFR mutations on susceptibility to EGFR-TKIs...
- Spatiotemporal regulation of the kinase Mst1 by binding protein RAPL is critical for lymphocyte polarity and adhesionKoko Katagiri
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Science, Kansai Medical University, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Nat Immunol 7:919-28. 2006..Our study demonstrates a previously unknown function for Mst1 of relaying the Rap1-RAPL signal to induce cell polarity and adhesion of lymphocytes...
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) inhibits collagen I and IV synthesis in hepatic stellate cells by miRNA-29 inductionMonika Kwiecinski
Institute for Pathology, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e24568. 2011..In contrast, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), exerts antifibrotic activities. Recently, miR-29 has been reported to be involved in ECM synthesis...
- Sorafenib inhibits the hepatocyte growth factor-mediated epithelial mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinomaTomoyuki Nagai
Kazuto Nishio, Department of Genome Biology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 10:169-77. 2011..Here, we examined the effect of sorafenib on the EMT. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) induced EMT-like morphologic changes and the upregulation of SNAI1 and N-cadherin expression...
- Treatment of myocardial ischemia with bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing hepatocyte growth factorHai Feng Duan
Department of Experimental Hematology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, 27 Taiping Road, 100850, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Mol Ther 8:467-74. 2003..b>Hepatocyte growth factor, a recognized angiogenic factor and endothelial cell chemoattractant, has been applied in the treatment ..
- C-Met overexpression in node-positive breast cancer identifies patients with poor clinical outcome independent of Her2/neuErnst Lengyel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Section of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Chicago, Mail Code 2050, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Int J Cancer 113:678-82. 2005..40), we evaluated expression of the c-Met and Her2/neu receptor tyrosine kinases and the c-Met ligand hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) in primary breast cancers and their lymph node metastases using both conventional ..
- A signaling adapter function for alpha6beta4 integrin in the control of HGF-dependent invasive growthL Trusolino
IRCC, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino School of Medicine, 10060 Torino, Candiolo, Italy
Cell 107:643-54. 2001..Such findings invoke an unexpected role for alpha6beta4 in cancer invasion as a functional amplifier of biochemical outputs rather than a mechanical adhesive device...
- Proapoptotic Rassf1A/Mst1 signaling in cardiac fibroblasts is protective against pressure overload in miceDominic P Del Re
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07103 2714, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3555-67. 2010....
- Serum hepatocyte growth factor as a prognostic marker for stage II or III colorectal cancer patientsYuji Toiyama
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Int J Cancer 125:1657-62. 2009We previously reported that a combination of serum hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) was useful for selecting early-stage colorectal cancer patients with aggressive disease...
- Hepatocyte growth factor exerts its anti-inflammatory action by disrupting nuclear factor-kappaB signalingMyrto Giannopoulou
Department of Pathology, University of PittsburghSchool of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Pathol 173:30-41. 2008..Here, we show that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) inhibited renal inflammation and proinflammatory chemokine expression by disrupting nuclear factor (..
- Co-expression of hepatocyte growth factor and c-Met predicts peritoneal dissemination established by autocrine hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met signaling in gastric cancerYuji Toiyama
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Reparative Medicine, Institute of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Mie University, Mie, Japan
Int J Cancer 130:2912-21. 2012..EMT is induced by factors such as hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- Clinical significance of serum HGF and c-Met expression in tumor tissue for evaluation of properties and treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaShinji Osada
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu City, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 55:544-9. 2008To develop a prognostic marker for evaluation of intrahepatic metastasis (IM) of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the ligand-stimulated receptor activity of c-Met due to hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) was estimated.
- Therapeutic angiogenesis induced by human hepatocyte growth factor gene in rat and rabbit hindlimb ischemia models: preclinical study for treatment of peripheral arterial diseaseY Taniyama
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Gene Ther 8:181-9. 2001b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) exclusively stimulates the growth of endothelial cells without replication of vascular smooth muscle cells, and acts as a survival factor against endothelial cell death...
- Signalling by neurotrophins and hepatocyte growth factor regulates axon morphogenesis by differential beta-catenin phosphorylationMonica D David
Laboratori d Investigacio, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Departament de Ciencies Mediques Basiques, Universitat de Lleida, IRBLLEIDA, Spain
J Cell Sci 121:2718-30. 2008..is required for axon growth downstream of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) signalling and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) signalling...
- NK4, an antagonist of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), inhibits growth of multiple myeloma cells: molecular targeting of angiogenic growth factorWenlin Du
Department of Pathology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 109:3042-9. 2007b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) promotes cell growth and motility and also increases neovascularization...
- The promotion of myocardial repair by the sequential delivery of IGF-1 and HGF from an injectable alginate biomaterial in a model of acute myocardial infarctionEmil Ruvinov
Avram and Stella Goldstein Goren Department of Biotechnology Engineering, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Biomaterials 32:565-78. 2011..We hypothesized that the dual delivery of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) by injectable affinity-binding alginate biomaterial would maximize their therapeutic effects, ..
- Involvement of PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in hepatocyte growth factor-induced migration of uveal melanoma cellsMao Ye
School of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, PR China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:497-504. 2008..This study investigated the effect of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-triggered signaling pathways to identify the role of HGF and its downstream effectors in inducing ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor production by neutrophils infiltrating bronchioloalveolar subtype pulmonary adenocarcinoma: role in tumor progression and deathMarie Wislez
Service de Pneumologie et de Reanimation Respiratoire, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, 75020 Paris
Cancer Res 63:1405-12. 2003..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a pleiotropic cytokine operating through activation of the proto-oncogene c-met and is a factor ..
- Diosgenin suppresses hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition by down-regulation of Mdm2 and vimentinHsiang Yu Chang
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center and Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 59:5357-63. 2011Substantial activation of the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/c-Met pathway leads to cancer cell scattering and invasion and has been observed in several types of cancers, including prostate and colorectal cancers...
- c-Met and its ligand hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor regulate mature B cell survival in a pathway induced by CD74Maya Gordin
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Immunol 185:2020-31. 2010..In this study, we describe a novel biological mechanism involved in mature B cell homeostasis, the hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF)/c-Met pathway...
- Forkhead box F1 regulates tumor-promoting properties of cancer-associated fibroblasts in lung cancerRoy Akira Saito
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 70:2644-54. 2010..fibroblasts revealed that FoxF1 regulates the contractility of fibroblasts, their production of hepatocyte growth factor and fibroblast growth factor-2, and their stimulation of lung cancer cell migration...
- Treatment of avascular necrosis of the femoral head by hepatocyte growth factor-transgenic bone marrow stromal stem cellsQ Wen
Institute of Molecular Immunology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Gene Ther 15:1523-35. 2008..of hormone-induced early-stage avascular necrosis of the femoral head (ANFH) with transplantation of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-transgenic bone marrow stromal stem cells (BMSCs) was examined...
- Pretreatment hepatocyte growth factor and thrombospondin-1 levels predict response to high-dose chemotherapy for multiple myelomaL Pour
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital Brno, Masaryk University Brno Czech Republic
Neoplasma 57:29-34. 2010..Patients with low angiogenesis rate as determined by the relative HGF and TSP-1 concentrations were more likely to achieve complete or very good partial response after high-dose chemotherapy...
- Cross-talk between the VEGF-A and HGF signalling pathways in endothelial cellsEric Sulpice
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, INSERM U965, Universite Paris 7, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Biol Cell 101:525-39. 2009..HGF (hepatocyte growth factor) is a pleiotropic cytokine that may promote VEGF-A-driven angiogenesis, although the signalling ..
- Evaluation of interleukin-6, interleukin-10 and human hepatocyte growth factor as tumor markers for hepatocellular carcinomaC Y Hsia
Faculty of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:208-12. 2007..Previous reports indicated that HCC was also associated with increased levels of interleukin (IL)-6, IL-10 and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF). This study investigated the role of these cytokines as tumor markers for HCC.
- Hepatocyte growth factor antagonizes the profibrotic action of TGF-beta1 in mesangial cells by stabilizing Smad transcriptional corepressor TGIFChunsun Dai
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 200 Lothrop Sttreet, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:1402-12. 2004..For understanding the potential mechanism by which hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) ameliorates diabetic nephropathy, the effects of HGF on mesangial cell activation induced by TGF-..
- Expression of hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor c-met in the ovine uterusC Chen
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, and Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 62:1844-50. 2000..The objective of this study was to determine if hepatocyte growth factor (HGF, scatter factor) and its receptor c-met were present in the ovine uterus and to characterize their ..
- Direct interaction of focal adhesion kinase (FAK) with Met is required for FAK to promote hepatocyte growth factor-induced cell invasionShu yi Chen
Department of Life Science and Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuo Kuang Road, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biol 26:5155-67. 2006..Here we report that FAK directly interacts with the hepatocyte growth factor receptor c-Met...
- Resveratrol inhibits hepatoma cell invasion by suppressing gene expression of hepatocyte growth factor via its reactive oxygen species-scavenging propertyDaiki Miura
Department of Applied Biological Science, Tokyo Noko University, Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Metastasis 21:445-51. 2004..in vivo metabolite(s) suppress the invasion, we estimated intracellular peroxide level and expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a known cell motility factor, in AH109A cells...
- Regulation of Bile Acid Synthesis by Nuclear ReceptorsJohn Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Am 3 will study hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) regulation of CYP7A1 gene transcription to identify signaling pathway and crosstalk with insulin ..
- ROLE OF SAMe IN LIVER FUNCTION AND INJURYSHELLY CHI LOO LU; Fiscal Year: 2012..Examine SAMe's regulation of HGF-mediated hepatocyte proliferation. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activates AMP kinase (AMPK), which is required for hepatocyte proliferation...
- Nitric Oxide in Pulmonary HypertensionSerpil C Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2013..data show that the PAH PAEC secrete the potent growth- stimulatory &bone marrow-mobilizing hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- Deriving hepatocytes from disease specific iPS to treat metabolic liver disordersNamita Roy-Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2013..hepatic irradiation and mitotic stimulation by a single injection of an adenovector, expressing hepatocyte growth factor to induce repopulation of the liver with the transplanted hepatocytes...
- Therapeutic use of small-molecule HGF-mimetic for emphysemaBERT J W M OEHLEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent studies suggest that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a pleiotropic cytokine, has multiple activities that lead to lung regeneration...
- Predicting persistent Organ Failure early in Acute PancreatitisGeorgios I Papachristou; Fiscal Year: 2013..48 hours from admission to measure the 5 biomarkers (tumor necrosis factor-a receptor-1, interleukin-8, hepatocyte growth factor, angiopoietin-2, resistin) using Luminex technology...
- Growth Factor and Antiapoptotic Gene Delivery to Human IsletsRam I Mahato; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) increases 2-cell proliferation and promotes revascularization of islets, while interleukin-1 ..
- Pilot Clinical Study in Renal TransplantationWeizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also known as scatter factor (CF), is a renotrophic growth factor that exerts tissue protective ..
- Role of VEGF in Perinatal HypertensionSTEVEN HERBERT ABMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..data, we further hypothesize that the effects of VEGF on lung structure are dependent upon stimulation of hepatocyte growth factor and enhanced retinoic acid production by vascular endothelium ("angiocrine factors")...
- Novel Small Molecules For Acute Liver FailurePrakash Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Significant evidence suggests that scatter factor / hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF), exerts direct hepatoprotective effects and can potentially be used as a therapeutic in ALF...
- Function and Structure Adaptations in Forebrain DevelopmentPAT R LEVITT; Fiscal Year: 2013..MET and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), have been implicated in the development and maturation of neuronal circuits in vitro...
- Trophokine for regenerative medicineJianmin Fang; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a pleiotropic cytokine that promotes cell proliferation, motility, survival, and morphogenesis...
- Role of Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein (MCP)-1 in Liver RegenerationKRISTEN ANDREA MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..include tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-??and interleukin (IL)-6, which are produced by Kupffer cells, and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), which is produced primarily by stellate cells...
- Aberrant activation of HGF/MET signaling as a therapeutic target in AMLAlex Kentsis; Fiscal Year: 2013..I discovered that shRNA mediated depletion of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), ligand of the receptor tyrosine kinase MET, specifically inhibits growth of AML but not other ..
- The role of cMET in satellite cells during muscle regenerationMICAH TAUBE WEBSTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..c-Met encodes a receptor tyrosine kinase. Activation by its ligand, Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF), triggers multiple signaling cascades that modulate cell survival, proliferation, and migration of ..
- Network modeling of epithelial mesenchymal transition in liver cancer metastasisSteven N Steinway; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, we have demonstrated that Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF) is a primary initiator of EMT in multiple liver cancer models...
- Regulation of hepcidin and iron metabolism in liver diseaseJulia Goodnough; Fiscal Year: 2011..Candidates for the suppressor of hepcidin include hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and growth and differentiation factor 15 (GDF15)...
- HGF/HGFR Axis and Fatty Liver DiseaseReza Zarnegar; Fiscal Year: 2013..data indicate that, in hepatocytes, the insulin receptor (IR) tyrosine kinase crosstalks with the Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor (HGFR) tyrosine kinase (also known as Met) through intermolecular tyrosine phosphorylation...
- Ron Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Breast CancerSusan E Waltz; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the degree of dependency of the Ron ligand, hepatocyte growth factor-like protein (HGFL), in this model remains unknown...
- The central role of c-Met in H. pylori pathogenesis.Sarah E Keates; Fiscal Year: 2010..c-Met, also known as the hepatocyte growth factor receptor, is a receptor tyrosine kinase that regulates cell proliferation, differentiation, migration and ..
- Hepatocyte - Based Therapies of Primary Hyperoxaluria 1Namita Roy Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2010..advantage to transplanted hepatocytes, using preparative hepatic X-irradiation (HIR) and expressing hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as a mitotic stimulant...
- Discovering Microenvironments Promoting Pathological EMT using Array TechnologyNaira Serobyan; Fiscal Year: 2012..epidermal growth factor (EGF), CTGF, insulin-like growth factor-2 (IGF-II), interleukin-1 (IL-1), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and Wnt ligands...
- Microtubule-associated RacAnna Birukova; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our novel data show that MT-mediated signaling is directly involved in the EC barrier preservation by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a circulating molecule with proven protective effects in the models of acute ling injury (ALI)...
- Extracellular Proteinases in Ocular NeovascularizationArup Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other factors may play important roles during this process including the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) which has received little attention in terms of its function in ocular angiogenesis...
- Human Osteoprogenitor Control by Hepatocyte Growth Factor and Vitamin DGuy Howard; Fiscal Year: 2013..proposed studies on human mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) differentiation and maturation catalyzed by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D (1,25OHD), the most active metabolite of vitamin D...
- Bridging Pediatric and Adult Biomarkers of Graft-Versus-Host-DiseaseJamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2013..adult population [interleukin-2- receptor-alpha, tumor-necrosis-factor-receptor-1, interleukin-8, hepatocyte growth factor, elafin, a skin-specific marker, regenerating islet-derived 3-alpha, a gastro-intestinal specific marker, ..
- SOMATIC CELL TRANSFER TO MODEL MEDULLOBLASTOMA IN MICEDANIEL WEBSTER FULTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..apoptosis by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signal transduction pathway, and (d) hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a growth factor with pleiotropic effects on tumor growth...
- Micromagnetic Aptamer PCR System for Ultrasensitive Multiplexed Protein DetectionHYONGSOK TOM SOH; Fiscal Year: 2010..will demonstrate simultaneous detection of three cancer markers, platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and thyroid transcription factor (TTF1), at femtomolar concentration levels directly from serum...
- CYTOSKELETAL REGULATION OF LUNG ENDOTHELIAL PATHOBIOLOGYJoe G N Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2012..of signaling to the actomyosin cytoskeleton evoked when c-Met, a tyrosine kinase receptor, is ligated by hepatocyte growth factor, a major barrier-regulatory pathway with strong potential for receptor transactivation...
- Protease Pathways in the Gastrointestinal TractToni M Antalis; Fiscal Year: 2010..protease zymogens, including urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and prostasin, and also activates pro-hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), which serves as a ligand for c-met, a receptor tyrosine kinase involved in gastrointestinal repair...
- Hepatocyte Growth Factor and the Pancreatic Beta CellAdolfo Garcia-Ocana; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We have previously shown that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has beneficial effects in beta cell proliferation, function and islet transplantation...
- Mechanisms of Deregulation of Matriptase in Breast CancerChen Yong Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that in these tissues, Hepatocyte Growth factor Activator Inhibitor-1 (HAI-1), a kunitz-type protease inhibitor, is required for the normal regulation of ..
- The Role of Hepatocyte Growth Factor Signaling Airspace HomeostasisEnid R Neptune; Fiscal Year: 2011..If successful, these studies will provide an extensive therapeutic armamentarium to support regenerative alveolarization for a wide range of pulmonary disorders. ..
- Simltaneous recruitment of cardiac and bone marrow stem cells for cardiac repairKhawaja H Haider; Fiscal Year: 2012..We anticipate that transplantation of Sca-1+ cells genetically modified to overexpress hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), stromal cell derived factor-11 (SDF-11) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) will develop ..
- A Pilot Clinical Study in Acute STEMIWeizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2011..Scatter factor / hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF) is an endogenous cell survival factor that exerts both acute and chronic cardioprotective ..
- Molecular Mechanism of Hepatocyte Growth Factor SignalingPo Han Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall goal of the proposal is to elucidate the molecular basis of recognition/activation between hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor MET receptor tyrosine kinase (MET RTK)...
- delta-Catenin and Cell-Cell Adhesion in Prostate CancerQun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 1 will determine how 8-catenin promotes cell growth/survival and motility in response to the hepatocyte growth factor and/or androgen using CWR22 tumor xenografts and their derived cell lines...
- The role of c-Met expression in melanoma growth and migrationAMBER LEIGH SHADA; Fiscal Year: 2010..c-Met and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), may be upregulated in metastatic melanoma and are implicated in invasion and clinical disease ..
- Molecular and Genetic Determinants of invasion in HNSCCCun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..During the last funding period, we have demonstrated that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/c-Met inhibits anoikis induced by a loss of cell-matrix interaction and promotes SCC progression...
- Genetic Control of Ureter and Kidney DevelopmentFRANKLIN D COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2013..We therefore investigate the roles of several candidates, including fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), in these processes...
- Novel Neuroprotective/Restorative Therapy for Ischemic StrokeDavid E Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) a neurotrophic factor, reduces cerebral infarct size, augments cerebral blood flow and promotes ..
- HGF Signaling in Kidney RepairLloyd G Cantley; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Hepatocyte growth factor is highly upregulated following acute tubular injury and has been shown in vitro to stimulate cell ..
- Identification of vascular inductive signals in liver regenerationShahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2013..kinase receptor (VEGFR2) and Id1 pathway in LSECs upregulated the angiocrine expression of Wnt2 and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) stimulating hepatic proliferation...
- Unique Clinical Study on DGF Using Paired KidneysWeizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2012..Angion Biomedica is developing BB3, a small molecule hepatocyte growth factor mimetic that exhibits significant tissue protective activity in numerous models of acute renal injury...
- Bombesin-Activated Carcinoma Associated Fibroblasts in Colorectal CancerCelia Chao; Fiscal Year: 2013..activation of the MEK/ERK pathway, regulation of COX-2 promoter activity and upregulation of Hepatocyte Growth Factor in CAFs...
- Cellular repair in acute kidney injuryLisa M Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2013..the applicant in the process used to study signaling pathways, particularly as applied to the study of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) , two known modulators of the pathophysiology of cellular ..
- Studies on the Post-translational processing of MUC1Michael A Hollingsworth; Fiscal Year: 2012..In contrast to the results with PDGF-BB, stimulation of pancreatic tumor cells with hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) under conditions of MUC1 overexpression decreases cell invasive through a mechanism in which MUC1 ..
- Engineered HGF-NK1 antagonists for Met-targeted cancer imaging and therapyJennifer R Cochran; Fiscal Year: 2013..agents we used the N- terminal and first Kringle domain (NK1) of the natural Met activating ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), as a basis for engineering potent Met receptor antagonists...
- Targeting RON Receptor Signaling in Pancreatic CancerAndrew M Lowy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have shown that activation of RON receptor signaling by its specific ligand, hepatocyte growth factor-like protein (HGFL), induces apoptotic resistance, migration, invasion, association with EGFR, and VEGF ..
- Phase I Clinical Trial for BB3Weizhong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also know as scatter factor (SF), is an endogenous cell survival factor that exerts ..
- Safety and efficacy of optimized AAV3 vectors in murine and NHP liversArun Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2013..AAV3 vectors also transduce primary human hepatocytes efficiently, as they utilize human hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGFR) as a cellular co-receptor...
- Development of Small Molecule Mimetics of hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF)ANNE MUESCH; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The naturally-occurring cytokine hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), also known as scatter factor(SF), is active in numerous tissues throughout the body, participating in the regulation of angiogenesis, ..
- A Novel Hybrid Multifunctional Cytokine for Immune ReconstitutionSusan C Wright; Fiscal Year: 2012..The fusokine, termed Ha7, consists of IL-7 linked to a peptide derived from the alpha chain of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- Oncolytic HSV Therapy in Immunocompetent Sarcoma ModelsTimothy P Cripe; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here we will exploit a remarkable new mouse model, transgenic for hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF-tg) and null for the tumor suppressor locus p16 -INK4A/ARF, to investigate lytic ..
- Mechanisms of Met Induced Hepatocytes SurvivalReza Zarnegar; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Hepatocyte Growth Factor Receptor (HGFR) known as Met is a transmembrane receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) that plays an important ..
- Osteogenic Maturation and Bone Repair Require 1,25- and 24,25-dihydroxyvitamin DKEVIN MATTHEW CURTIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..factor p63 is required for skeletal formation, and our recent work demonstrated that p63 is integral for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and 1,25OHD induced VDR expression and osteogenic maturation...
- Designing Fibrin Microthread Scaffolds for Skeletal Muscle RegenerationJonathan M Grasman; Fiscal Year: 2013..with precisely tuned degradation properties and conjugated with wound healing growth factors such as hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, will enhance skeletal muscle regeneration of a large muscle ..
- Transcriptional profiling of 2.5 dimensional MDCK tubulogenesisKENNETH KWON; Fiscal Year: 2010..5D, that allows efficient MDCK tubulogenesis. Compared to hepatocyte growth factor-induced three-dimensional tubulogenesis, a common model system for investigation of in vitro ..
- The Role of ESCRT in Macrophage Resistance to MycobacteriaJennifer A Philips; Fiscal Year: 2013..tb protein, EsxH, and the host protein hepatocyte growth factor-regulated tyrosine kinase substrate (Hgs/Hrs), which is a component of the ESCRT machinery...
- Cytohesin dependent ARF to Rac signaling in HGF mediated motilityLorraine C Santy; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) promotes the recovery from kidney damage at multiple steps...
- Secreted Wnt Inhibitors in the Biology of OsteosarcomaBang H Hoang; Fiscal Year: 2010..pro-invasive pathways in OS: (1) Transcriptional repressors Slug and Twist, (2) MMP-2 and 9, and (3) the hepatocyte growth factor receptor Met...
- Evaluation of MSP Antagonists for the Treatment of Pancreatic CancerJoseph W Harding; Fiscal Year: 2013..over activation of two growth factor systems macrophage stimulating protein(MSP)/RON (its receptor) and hepatocyte growth factor(HGF)/c- Met(its receptor) as critical contributors to pancreatic cancer's ability to disseminate ..
- Nitric Oxide in Pulmonary HypertensionSerpil Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2009..data show that the PAH PAEC secrete the potent growth- stimulatory &bone marrow-mobilizing hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- ROLE OF STROMA IN MAMMARY GLAND CELL PROLIFERATIONSANDRA HASLAM; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition to P, these responses require mammary stroma derived-hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)...
- CELL-CELL INTERACTIONS IN TESTIS DEVELOPMENTMichael Skinner; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. hepatocyte growth factor) to promote seminiferous cord formation from aggregates of Sertoli and primordial germ cells, and that ..
- Mechanism of Host Cell Invasion by Microbial PathogensPartho Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2010..InIB acts by binding and activating the host cell receptor tyrosine kinase Met (also called hepatocyte growth factor receptor, HGFR), thereby inducing signaling pathways that lead to actin-dependent uptake of the bacterium...
- Anti-Fibrotic Therapy for Pulmonary FibrosisLatha Paka; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent studies have identified hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) as an antifibrogenic agent that protects against transforming growth factor (TGFbeta) mediated ..
- MOLECULAR REGUL OF HUMAN COLON CANCER LIVER METASTASISRobert Radinsky; Fiscal Year: 1999..Four specific aims will be pursued. EGF-R, hepatocyte growth factor (c- met), and insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1-R) will be functionally characterized (alone ..
- IMPROVED METHODS FOR IN VIVO HEPATIC GENE THERAPYKATHERINE PONDER; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have demonstrated during the previous funding period that hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) can efficiently induce hepatocyte replication in rodents...
- HGF Gene Transcription and Function in the LiverReza Zarnegar; Fiscal Year: 2006..S, and hepatic stellate cells (HSC-i.e. lipocytes) are important effectors of liver fibrosis. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), a mitogen for hepatocytes and an inhibitor of liver fibrosis, is a secreted polypeptide whose gene ..
- Signaling for cardioprotection against oxidative stressYuichiro Suzuki; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this application is to evaluate specifically the role of GATA-4 in cell survival signaling induced by hepatocyte growth factor and endothelin-l...
- Chemoprevention of Gliomas using Nitrones with Anti-c-Met ActivityRheal Towner; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our hypothesis is that c-Met, a tyrosine kinase receptor for the hepatocyte growth factor (scatter factor) plays an integral role in the formation of malignant gliomas, and that altered c-Met ..
- REGULATION OF PAI I AND LIVER PATHOLOGY IN THE AGEDCAROLYN BRUZDZINSKI; Fiscal Year: 1999..The two primary mediators of HCG, hepatocyte growth factor (HCG) and transforming growth factor type beta (TGF-beta), can regulate PAI-1 gene expression in certain ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF UTERINE HEPARAN SULFATE RECEPTORSDaniel Carson; Fiscal Year: 2006..HS-binding proteins include growth factors such as heparin-binding, EGF-like growth factor (HB-EGF), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) as well as HS/heparin interacting protein (HIP/L29), a ..