Genomes and Genes
vascular endothelial growth factor c
Summary: A vascular endothelial growth factor that specifically binds to VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTOR-2 and VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTOR-3. In addition to being an angiogenic factor it can act on LYMPHATIC VESSELS to stimulate LYMPHANGIOGENESIS. It is similar in structure to VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR D in that they both contain N- and C-terminal extensions that were not found in other VEGF family members.
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C-mediated lymphangiogenesis promotes tumour metastasisS J Mandriota
Department of Morphology, University Medical Centre, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
EMBO J 20:672-82. 2001..These mice frequently developed pancreatic lymph node metastases. Our findings demonstrate that VEGF-C-induced lymphangiogenesis mediates tumour cell dissemination and the formation of lymph node metastases...
- Induction of tumor lymphangiogenesis by VEGF-C promotes breast cancer metastasisM Skobe
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 7:192-8. 2001..These results establish the occurrence and biological significance of intratumoral lymphangiogenesis in breast cancer and identify VEGF-C as a molecular link between tumor lymphangiogenesis and metastasis...
- Tumor-associated macrophages express lymphatic endothelial growth factors and are related to peritumoral lymphangiogenesisSebastian F Schoppmann
Department of Pathology, University of Vienna Allgemeines Krankenhaus, Austria
Am J Pathol 161:947-56. 2002..In conclusion VEGF-C-expressing TAMs play a novel role in peritumoral lymphangiogenesis and subsequent dissemination in human cancer...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C is required for sprouting of the first lymphatic vessels from embryonic veinsMarika J Karkkainen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, PO Box 63, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Nat Immunol 5:74-80. 2004..Defects in lymphatic vessel formation or function cause lymphedema. Here we show that the vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is required for the initial steps in lymphatic development...
- VEGFR-3 controls tip to stalk conversion at vessel fusion sites by reinforcing Notch signallingTuomas Tammela
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, Research Programs Unit and Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, Biomedicum Helsinki, PO Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Nat Cell Biol 13:1202-13. 2011..These results indicate that macrophage-derived VEGF-C activates VEGFR-3 in tip cells to reinforce Notch signalling, which contributes to the phenotypic conversion of endothelial cells at fusion points of vessel sprouts...
- Functional interaction of VEGF-C and VEGF-D with neuropilin receptorsTerhi Karpanen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki, P O B 63, FI 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
FASEB J 20:1462-72. 2006..Our results show that NP2 is directly involved in an active signaling complex with the key regulators of lymphangiogenesis and thus suggest a mechanism by which NP2 functions in the development of the lymphatic vasculature...
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha correlates with VEGF-C expression and lymphangiogenesis in breast cancerSebastian F Schoppmann
Department of Surgery, University of Vienna, Waehringer, Vienna, Austria
Breast Cancer Res Treat 99:135-41. 2006....
- Molecular control of lymphatic metastasisMarc G Achen
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Melbourne, Australia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1131:225-34. 2008..This article provides an overview of the molecular mechanisms that control lymphatic metastasis and discusses potential therapeutic approaches for inhibiting this process in human cancer...
- Blocking neuropilin-2 function inhibits tumor cell metastasisMaresa Caunt
Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 13:331-42. 2008..Our results demonstrate that Nrp2, which was originally identified as an axon-guidance receptor, is an attractive target for modulating metastasis...
- Tumor lymphangiogenesis: a novel prognostic indicator for cutaneous melanoma metastasis and survivalSoheil S Dadras
Cutaneous Biology Research Center and Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Am J Pathol 162:1951-60. 2003..Our results reveal tumor lymphangiogenesis as a novel prognostic indicator for the risk of lymph node metastasis in cutaneous melanoma...
- The VEGF-C/Flt-4 axis promotes invasion and metastasis of cancer cellsJen Liang Su
Institute of Toxicology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Cancer Cell 9:209-23. 2006..The VEGF-C/Flt-4 axis, through upregulation of contactin-1, may regulate the invasive capacity in different types of cancer cells...
- Isolated lymphatic endothelial cells transduce growth, survival and migratory signals via the VEGF-C/D receptor VEGFR-3T Makinen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, and Helsinki University Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
EMBO J 20:4762-73. 2001..The culture of isolated lymphatic endothelial cells should now allow further studies of the molecular properties of these cells...
- A model for gene therapy of human hereditary lymphedemaM J Karkkainen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, P O B 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:12677-82. 2001..extremities, is associated with heterozygous inactivating missense mutations of the gene encoding vascular endothelial growth factor C/D receptor (VEGFR-3)...
- Proinflammatory cytokines regulate expression of the lymphatic endothelial mitogen vascular endothelial growth factor-CA Ristimaki
Department of Bacteriology and Immunology, The Haartman Institute, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Haartmaninkatu 2, FIN 00290 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 273:8413-8. 1998..In particular, these results raise the possibility that certain proinflammatory cytokines regulate the lymphatic vessels indirectly via VEGF-C...
- The lymphangiogenic vascular endothelial growth factors VEGF-C and -D are ligands for the integrin alpha9beta1Nicholas E Vlahakis
Lung Biology Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, 94143 2922, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4544-52. 2005..The interaction between alpha9beta1 and VEGF-C and/or -D may begin to explain the abnormal lymphatic phenotype of the alpha9 knock-out mice...
- Intratumoral c-Met expression is associated with vascular endothelial growth factor C expression, lymphangiogenesis, and lymph node metastasis in oral squamous cell carcinoma: implications for use as a prognostic markerDan Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, PR China
Hum Pathol 42:1514-23. 2011..vessel density, lymphatic invasion, the expression of hepatocyte growth factor, c-Met, and vascular endothelial growth factor C proteins were evaluated by immunohistochemistry in 76 cases of oral squamous cell carcinoma...
- Lymphatic metastasis in the absence of functional intratumor lymphaticsTimothy P Padera
E L Steele Laboratory, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 100 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 296:1883-6. 2002..These findings suggest that the functional lymphatics in the tumor margin alone are sufficient for lymphatic metastasis and should be targeted therapeutically...
- Comparative evaluation of FGF-2-, VEGF-A-, and VEGF-C-induced angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis, vascular fenestrations, and permeabilityRenhai Cao
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Circ Res 94:664-70. 2004..Such information is important to consider in development of novel therapeutic strategies using these angiogenic factors...
- miRNA-27b targets vascular endothelial growth factor C to inhibit tumor progression and angiogenesis in colorectal cancerJun Ye
Cancer Institute Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Intervention, China National Ministry of Education, Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Medical Sciences, Zhejiang Province, China, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 8:e60687. 2013..We identified vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGFC) as a novel target gene of miR-27b and determined that miR-27b functioned as an inhibitor of ..
- Endostatin inhibits lymph node metastasis by a down-regulation of the vascular endothelial growth factor C expression in tumor cellsShunsuke Fukumoto
Maxillofacial Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dental Science, Kyushu University, 1 1 Maidashi 3 chome, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Clin Exp Metastasis 22:31-8. 2005..The down-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) in Ad-end-infected SQUU-B cells was recognized by reverse transcription-polymerase chain ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C promotes the growth and invasion of gallbladder cancer via an autocrine mechanismYanling Chen
Hepatobiliary Surgery Institute, Union Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, 350001, China
Mol Cell Biochem 345:77-89. 2010..In conclusion, GBC cells express both VEGF-C and its receptors. VEGF-C may have a role in the progressive growth and invasion of human GBC through an autocrine mechanism...
- Cardiovascular failure in mouse embryos deficient in VEGF receptor-3D J Dumont
Ontario Cancer Institute and Amgen Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C1
Science 282:946-9. 1998..5. Thus, VEGFR-3 has an essential role in the development of the embryonic cardiovascular system before the emergence of the lymphatic vessels...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression in bladder transitional cell cancer and its relationship to lymph node metastasisXiongbing Zu
Department of Urology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha City, Hunan Province, China
BJU Int 98:1090-3. 2006....
- A novel gene expression profile in lymphatics associated with tumor growth and nodal metastasisSteven Clasper
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 68:7293-303. 2008..These findings reveal a remarkable degree of phenotypic plasticity in cancer lymphatics and provide new insight into the processes of lymphatic invasion and lymph node metastasis...
- VEGF-D is the strongest angiogenic and lymphangiogenic effector among VEGFs delivered into skeletal muscle via adenovirusesTuomas T Rissanen
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Circ Res 92:1098-106. 2003..This study compares, for the first time, angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis induced by gene transfer of different human VEGFs, and shows that VEGF-D is the most potent member when delivered via an adenoviral vector into skeletal muscle...
- The role of the VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 axis in cancer progressionJ L Su
Institute of Medical Science, College of Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Br J Cancer 96:541-5. 2007..In this review, we discuss the novel function and molecular mechanism of the VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 axis in cancer progression...
- Suppression of tumor lymphangiogenesis and lymph node metastasis by blocking vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 signalingYulong He
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:819-25. 2002b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) stimulates tumor lymphangiogenesis (i.e., formation of lymphatic vessels) and metastasis to regional lymph nodes by interacting with VEGF receptor 3 (VEGFR-3)...
- Inflammation induces lymphangiogenesis through up-regulation of VEGFR-3 mediated by NF-kappaB and Prox1Michael J Flister
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794 9626, USA
Blood 115:418-29. 2010..This, in turn, enhances the responsiveness of preexisting lymphatic endothelium to VEGFR-3 binding factors, VEGF-C and VEGF-D, ultimately resulting in robust lymphangiogenesis...
- Inhibition of lymphangiogenesis with resulting lymphedema in transgenic mice expressing soluble VEGF receptor-3T Makinen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Nat Med 7:199-205. 2001....
- VEGF-C expressing tumor-associated macrophages in lymph node positive breast cancer: impact on lymphangiogenesis and survivalSebastian F Schoppmann
Department of Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Surgery 139:839-46. 2006..Aim of this study was to clear the role of VEGF-C/D expressing TAMs in invasive breast cancer...
- Dose-dependent response of FGF-2 for lymphangiogenesisLynn K Chang
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11658-63. 2004..e., in the absence of angiogenesis, in the mouse cornea...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 by lymphatic endothelial cells is associated with lymph node metastasis in prostate cancerYiping Zeng
Bernard O Brien Institute of Microsurgery, Melbourne, Australia
Clin Cancer Res 10:5137-44. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the expression pattern of the VEGF-C/VEGF-D/VEGF receptor-3 axis in prostate cancer and its relationship with lymph node metastasis...
- Lymphangiogenesis and angiogenesis in bladder cancer: prognostic implications and regulation by vascular endothelial growth factors-A, -C, and -DYasuyoshi Miyata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:800-6. 2006..We investigated the clinical and prognostic significance of LVD and MVD on lymphangiogenic and angiogenic function of VEGF-A, VEGF-C, and VEGF-D in human bladder cancer...
- Transcriptional regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor C by oxidative and thermal stress is mediated by lens epithelium-derived growth factor/p75Batya Cohen
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute, Rehovot 76100 Israel
Neoplasia 11:921-33. 2009b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) plays a critical role in tumor lymphangiogenesis and lymph node metastasis...
- Inhibition of endogenous TGF-beta signaling enhances lymphangiogenesisMasako Oka
Department of Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 111:4571-9. 2008..These findings suggest that TGF-beta transduces signals in LECs and plays an important role in the regulation of lymphangiogenesis in vivo...
- DNA demethylation of vascular endothelial growth factor-C is associated with gene expression and its possible involvement of lymphangiogenesis in gastric cancerShunji Matsumura
Department of Molecular Pathology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Int J Cancer 120:1689-95. 2007..0001). These results suggest that demethylation and activation of the VEGF-C gene is likely involved in lymphangiogenesis in GC...
- Quantitative imaging of lymphatic function with liposomal indocyanine greenSteven T Proulx
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Res 70:7053-62. 2010..This new method will likely facilitate quantitative studies of lymphatic function in preclinical investigations and may also have potential for imaging of lymphedema or improved sentinel lymph detection in cancer...
- Possible involvement of IFNT in lymphangiogenesis in the corpus luteum during the maternal recognition period in the cowAkane Nitta
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
Reproduction 142:879-92. 2011..Moreover, both IFNT and VEGFC induced LyECs to form capillary-like tubes in vitro. In conclusion, it is suggested that new lymphangiogenesis in the bovine CL begins during the MRP and that IFNT may mediate this novel phenomenon...
- High mobility group box-1-inducible melanoma inhibitory activity is associated with nodal metastasis and lymphangiogenesis in oral squamous cell carcinomaTomonori Sasahira
Department of Molecular Pathology, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Kashihara, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1806-12. 2008..These results suggest that MIA expression is enhanced by the interaction of intracellular HMGB1 and NFkBp65 and MIA is closely involved in tumor progression and nodal metastasis by the increments of VEGF-C and VEGF-D in OSCC...
- Transforming growth factor-β induces vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression leading to lymphangiogenesis in rat unilateral ureteral obstructionYasuhiro Suzuki
Department of Nephrology and Renal Replacement Therapy, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Kidney Int 81:865-79. 2012..Thus, TGF-β1 induces VEGF-C expression, which leads to lymphangiogenesis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C promotes cervical cancer metastasis via up-regulation and activation of RhoA/ROCK-2/moesin cascadeMian He
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangdong, Guangzhou, 510089, China
BMC Cancer 10:170. 2010The elevated expression of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is correlated with clinical cervical cancer metastasis and patient survival, which is interpreted by VEGF-C functions to stimulate angiogenesis and lymphatic genesis...
- Expressions of COX-2 and VEGF-C in gastric cancer: correlations with lymphangiogenesis and prognostic implicationsHong Feng Gou
Center of Medical Oncology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 30:14. 2011..This study aims to test the expression of COX-2 and VEGF-C in human gastric cancer, and to analyze the correlation with lymphatic vessel density (LVD), clinicopathologic features and survival prognosis...
- Rspo1/Wnt signaling promotes angiogenesis via Vegfc/Vegfr3Aniket V Gore
Program in Genomics of Differentiation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 6B 3B309, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 138:4875-86. 2011....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C signaling through FLT-4 (VEGFR-3) mediates leukemic cell proliferation, survival, and resistance to chemotherapySergio Dias
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 99:2179-84. 2002..These results identify the VEGF-C/FLT-4 pathway as a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of subsets of acute leukemia...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression correlates with lymph node localization of human melanoma metastasesCataldo Schietroma
Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Cancer 98:789-97. 2003....
- Nerve growth factor-beta expression is associated with lymph node metastasis and nerve infiltration in human hilar cholangiocarcinomaLei Bo Xu
Department of General Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510120, Guangdong Province, China
World J Surg 34:1039-45. 2010..In the present study, the expression of NGF-beta in human hilar cholangiocarcinoma and its relationship with lymphangiogenesis, lymph node metastasis, nerve infiltration, and VEGF-C expression was investigated...
- VEGF-C differentially regulates VEGF-A expression in ocular and cancer cells; promotes angiogenesis via RhoA mediated pathwayBharat Kumar
Therapeutics Protein Group, Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, Dhirubhai Ambani Life Sciences Center, Rabale, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Angiogenesis 14:371-80. 2011..Further, knockdown studies of RhoA even with supplementation of VEGF-C or A has resulted in decreased endothelial cell proliferation and stress fiber formation, indicating that VEGF-C does promote angiogenesis via RhoA mediated pathway...
- Fibrosis is a key inhibitor of lymphatic regenerationTomer Avraham
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:438-50. 2009..The purpose of these experiments was therefore to evaluate lymphatic regeneration in the setting of variable soft-tissue fibrosis...
- Inhibition of the mammalian target of rapamycin impedes lymphangiogenesisS Huber
Department of Surgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Kidney Int 71:771-7. 2007..Conversely, the antilymphangiogenic properties of rapamycin and its derivates may provide therapeutic value for the prevention and treatment of malignancies, respectively...
- Differentiation of lymphatic endothelial cells from embryonic stem cells on OP9 stromal cellsTomoya Kono
Molecular and Cancer Research Unit, HMRO, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2070-6. 2006The discovery of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) and VEGF receptor-3 (VEGFR-3) has started to provide an understanding of the molecular mechanisms of lymphangiogenesis...
- CCBE1 is essential for mammalian lymphatic vascular development and enhances the lymphangiogenic effect of vascular endothelial growth factor-C in vivoFrank L Bos
Hubrecht Institute KNAW, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circ Res 109:486-91. 2011..Insight into the molecular role of CCBE1 is completely lacking, and mouse models for the disease do not exist...
- Targeting lymphangiogenesis to prevent tumour metastasisM G Achen
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Post Office Box 2008 Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Br J Cancer 94:1355-60. 2006..In this review, we discuss the evidence supporting a role for this signalling system in the spread of cancer and potential approaches for blocking this system to prevent tumour metastasis...
- Molecular mechanisms of lymphangiogenesis in health and diseaseKari Alitalo
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Biomedicum Helsinki, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, POB 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Cell 1:219-27. 2002..In addition, these studies have opened novel diagnostic and therapeutic avenues for the treatment of lymphedema and metastasis. This overview highlights the recent insights and developments in the field of lymphatic vascular research...
- VEGFR1 tyrosine kinase signaling promotes lymphangiogenesis as well as angiogenesis indirectly via macrophage recruitmentMasato Murakami
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:658-64. 2008..However, the mechanism by which VEGFR1 is involved in lymphangiogenesis remains unclear...
- Role of vascular endothelial growth factor C expression in the development of lymph node metastasis in gastric cancerY Yonemura
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 5:1823-9. 1999..b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is known to be the only growth factor for the lymphatic vascular system, and its receptor ..
- Role of macrophages in inflammatory lymphangiogenesis: Enhanced production of vascular endothelial growth factor C and D through NF-kappaB activationKosuke Watari
Department of Pharmaceutical Oncology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:826-31. 2008..Furthermore, IL-1beta-induced lymphangiogenesis and angiogenesis were suppressed by NF-kappaB inhibition with marked suppression of VEGF-A, VEGF-C, and VEGF-D expression...
- Plasmin activates the lymphangiogenic growth factors VEGF-C and VEGF-DBradley K McColl
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Exp Med 198:863-8. 2003..Identification of an enzyme that activates the lymphangiogenic growth factors will facilitate development of inhibitors of metastasis...
- Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 suppresses lymph node metastasis via reduction of lymphangiogenesisCaname Iwata
Department of Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 67:10181-9. 2007..Our findings suggest that COX-2 inhibitor may be useful for prophylaxis of lymph node metastasis by reducing macrophage-mediated tumor lymphangiogenesis...
- Prox1 induces lymphatic endothelial differentiation via integrin alpha9 and other signaling cascadesKoichi Mishima
Department of Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 18:1421-9. 2007....
- Rapamycin, a specific inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin, suppresses lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasisSoichi Kobayashi
Departments of Molecular Pathology, and General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:726-33. 2007..Our results suggest that mTOR, p38, and JNK play important roles in VEGF-C expression, and that rapamycin has an antilymphangiogentic effect and exerts the expected inhibition of lymphatic metastasis...
- HER2/neu expression correlates with vascular endothelial growth factor-C and lymphangiogenesis in lymph node-positive breast cancerS F Schoppmann
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Oncol 21:955-60. 2010..In addition to blocking of HER2/neu, tyrosine kinase significantly decreased VEGF-C expression in vitro...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C facilitates immune tolerance and endovascular activity of human uterine NK cells at the maternal-fetal interfaceSatyan S Kalkunte
Department of Pediatrics, Women and Infants Hospital Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02905, USA
J Immunol 182:4085-92. 2009..Overall, these results demonstrate that empowerment of uNK cells with angiogenic factors keeps them noncytotoxic. This phenotype is critical to their pregnancy-compatible immunovascular role during placentation and fetal development...
- Imaging steps of lymphatic metastasis reveals that vascular endothelial growth factor-C increases metastasis by increasing delivery of cancer cells to lymph nodes: therapeutic implicationsTohru Hoshida
Edwin L Steele Laboratory for Tumor Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cancer Res 66:8065-75. 2006....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckCsilla Neuchrist
Univ Klinik fuer Hals Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde, Allgemeines Krankenhaus der Stadt Wien, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Wien, Austria
Head Neck 25:464-74. 2003..VEGFR3 protein expression was confirmed by Western blotting in four HNSCC cell lines and six HNSCC specimens...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C and VEGF-D, and their receptor VEGFR-3, during different stages of cervical carcinogenesisPhilippe O Van Trappen
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Cancer Research UK Translational Oncology Laboratory, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
J Pathol 201:544-54. 2003..These results suggest that in cervical carcinogenesis a switch to the lymphangiogenic phenotype may occur at the stage of CIN 3...
- Differential in vivo and in vitro expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C and VEGF-D in tumors and its relationship to lymphatic metastasis in immunocompetent ratsJaya Krishnan
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Genetics, D 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Cancer Res 63:713-22. 2003....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 mediates induction of corneal alloimmunityLu Chen
Laboratory of Immunology, Schepens Eye Research Institute and the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 10:813-5. 2004..Regulating the function of VEGFR-3 may therefore be a mechanism for modulating adaptive immunity in the periphery...
- Histopathological and lymphangiogenic parameters in relation to lymph node metastasis in early stage oral squamous cell carcinomaGary Warburton
Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4532, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:475-84. 2007..In this study, we assess various clinical, histopathological and lymphangiogenic parameters in early stage oral SCC and their association with DNM...
- Association between expression of vascular endothelial growth factor C, chemokine receptor CXCR4 and lymph node metastasis in colorectal cancerS Fukunaga
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Oncology 71:204-11. 2006..In this study, we examined the correlation between the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) C, the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and lymph node metastasis in colorectal cancer...
- The expression of receptor for advanced glycation end products is associated with angiogenesis in human oral squamous cell carcinomaTomonori Sasahira
Department of Molecular Pathology, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara, 634 8521, Japan
Virchows Arch 450:287-95. 2007..The effect of HMGB-1 was abrogated by RAGE down-regulation by antisense S-oligodeoxynucleic acid. These results suggest that RAGE expression is closely associated to angiogenesis in OSCC...
- Tumor lymphangiogenesis correlates with lymph node metastasis and clinicopathologic parameters in oral squamous cell carcinomaMayumi Miyahara
Department of Maxillofacial Diagnostic and Surgical Science, Field of Oral and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Cancer 110:1287-94. 2007..It was reported previously that vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is a major modulator of LVD and MVD...
- Prognostic significance of the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and VEGF-C in gastric carcinomaT Ichikura
Department of Surgery I, National Defense Medical College Hospital, Tokorozawa, Japan
J Surg Oncol 78:132-7. 2001..Angiogenic factors play a major role in tumor growth and metastasis. The purpose of this study was to clarify the prognostic significance of the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and VEGF-C in gastric carcinoma...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C acts as a neurotrophic factor for dopamine neurons in vitro and in vivoM Piltonen
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Viikinkaari 5E P O Box 56, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Neuroscience 192:550-63. 2011..Our results provide evidence of VEGF-C as a neurotrophic factor that influences the dopaminergic system through multiple mechanisms...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C attenuates joint damage in chronic inflammatory arthritis by accelerating local lymphatic drainage in miceQuan Zhou
Longhua Hospital and Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Arthritis Rheum 63:2318-28. 2011To investigate whether the enhancement of joint lymphangiogenesis by injection of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) adeno-associated virus (AAV) into the affected joints has therapeutic efficacy in chronic inflammatory ..
- Lymphangiogenesis and the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR)-3 in gastric cancerY Yonemura
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Kanazawa Unversity, Takara machi 13 1, 920, Kanazawa, Japan
Eur J Cancer 37:918-23. 2001b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is the only factor known to cause lymphangiogenesis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C and D expression correlates with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in patients with resected esophageal cancerM Kozlowski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Medical University of Biolystok, 24A Sklodowskiej Curie Str, Bialystok, Poland
Neoplasma 58:311-9. 2011..In locally advanced disease, overexpression of VEGF-C and VEGF-D may be useful in identifying patients who are more likely to have a poor prognosis even after curative resection...
- Lymphatic endothelium: a new frontier of metastasis researchMarika J Karkkainen
Nat Cell Biol 4:E2-5. 2002..Recent developments have highlighted the importance of lymphatic ECs, and they could become the next focus for angiogenesis and metastasis research...
- Clinical significance of vascular endothelial growth factor C expression and angiogenesis at the deepest invasive site of advanced colorectal carcinomaAkira Furudoi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
Oncology 62:157-66. 2002b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is known to be associated with the development of the lymphatic vascular system...
- Effects of VEGFR-3 phosphorylation inhibitor on lymph node metastasis in an orthotopic diffuse-type gastric carcinoma modelM Yashiro
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Br J Cancer 101:1100-6. 2009..The aim of this study is to clarify the benefit of a VEGFR-3 inhibitor Ki23057 for LN metastasis...
- Peritumoral lymphangiogenesis induced by vascular endothelial growth factor C and D promotes lymph node metastasis in breast cancer patientsYing Chun Zhao
Department of Breast Surgery, The Second People s Hospital of Wuhu Affiliated with Wannan Medical College, 231 Jiuhuashan Road, Wuhu 241000, China
World J Surg Oncol 10:165. 2012....
- Cigarette smoke stimulates VEGF-C expression in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 1 and 2 lesionsMorihiko Inamine
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Nishihara, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 17:498-504. 2012..Vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) are involved in angiogenesis, but molecular links to the most important etiological agents, human papillomavirus (HPV) and smoking, need to be clarified...
- Correlation between expression of S100A4 and VEGF-C, and lymph node metastasis and prognosis in gastric carcinomaL Z Feng
Department of Surgery, The Second Hospital of Jiaxing City, Jiaxing, Zhejiang Province, China
J Int Med Res 39:1333-43. 2011This semiquantitative immunohistochemical study investigated the clinical significance of S100A4 and vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) protein expression in gastric carcinoma...
- Ccbe1 is required for embryonic lymphangiogenesis and venous sproutingBenjamin M Hogan
Hubrecht Institute KNAW and University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 41:396-8. 2009..Ccbe1 acts at the same stage of development as Vegfc and is required for lymphangioblast budding and angiogenic sprouting from venous endothelium...
- Macrophages regulate salt-dependent volume and blood pressure by a vascular endothelial growth factor-C-dependent buffering mechanismAgnes Machnik
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, and Nikolaus Fiebiger Centre for Molecular Medicine, University Clinic and Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Nat Med 15:545-52. 2009....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C mRNA expression is a prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer as detected by kinetic RT-PCR in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissueBruno V Sinn
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Virchows Arch 455:461-7. 2009b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is a well described chemotactic and growth factor for lymphatic endothelial cells. Its inhibition leads to suppression of lymphatic and distant metastases in mouse models...
- Increased expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), VEGF-C and VEGF receptor-3 in prostate cancer tissue are associated with tumor progressionJie Yang
Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Asian J Androl 8:169-75. 2006....
- Roles of VEGF-C and Smad4 in the lymphangiogenesis, lymphatic metastasis, and prognosis in colon cancerXuemei Li
Department of Anatomy, Harbin Medical University, 194 XueFu Road, Harbin, 150081, China
J Gastrointest Surg 15:2001-10. 2011We combined two different signal pathways on transforming growth factor β1 (TGF-β1)-Smad and vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C)/VEGF receptors for exploring changes in pathway members and their influence on lymphangiogenesis ..
- Angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis and expression of lymphangiogenic factors in the atherosclerotic intima of human coronary arteriesToshiaki Nakano
Division of Pathophysiological and Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Hum Pathol 36:330-40. 2005..Imbalance of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis may be a factor contributing to sustained inflammatory reaction during human coronary atherogenesis...
- Angiogenic factors are elevated in overweight and obese individualsJ V Silha
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:1308-14. 2005..Adipose tissue produces both vascular growth factors and inhibitors. Since obesity is associated with expansion of the capillary bed in regional adipose depots the balance between these factors may favor angiogenesis...
- Lymphangiogenic growth factors as markers of tumor metastasisSteven A Stacker
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
APMIS 112:539-49. 2004..The question of whether VEGF signaling pathways can now serve as therapeutic targets alone, or in combination with other forms of anti-cancer agents, needs to be addressed...
- The VEGF_936_C>T 3'UTR polymorphism reduces BRCA1-associated breast cancer risk in Polish womenAnna Jakubowska
Pomeranian Medical University, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Szczecin, Poland
Cancer Lett 262:71-6. 2008..63, 95% CI, 0.48-0.83), and a potential effect on ovarian cancer risk (OR(adj) 0.62, 95% CI, 0.33-1.18; OR(clustered) 0.62, 95% CI, 0.47-0.83). Thus, the 936_C>T polymorphism appears to modify disease risks in BRCA1 carriers...
- Role of interleukin-17 in lymphangiogenesis in non-small-cell lung cancer: Enhanced production of vascular endothelial growth factor C in non-small-cell lung carcinoma cellsXi Chen
Institute of Cancer Institute of Respiratory Diseases Department of Pathology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Cancer Sci 101:2384-90. 2010..We conclude that IL-17 is involved in lymphangiogenesis in NSCLC by enhancing production of VEGF-C, and IL-17 may be an important target for the treatment of NSCLC...
- Blood vessel endothelial VEGFR-2 delays lymphangiogenesis: an endogenous trapping mechanism links lymph- and angiogenesisShintaro Nakao
Angiogenesis Laboratory, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:1081-90. 2011..GF clearance by receptor-mediated internalization is a new paradigm explaining various characteristics of lymphatics...
- Lymphangiogenic characteristics of triple negativity in node-negative breast cancerHuan tao Liu
Department of Breast Surgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, China
Int J Surg Pathol 17:426-31. 2009..The aim of the study was to determine whether TNBC is associated with lymphangiogenesis in node-negative breast carcinomas...
- Prognostic significance of vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression and lymphatic vessel density in supraglottic squamous cell carcinomaSeung Kuk Baek
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Laryngoscope 119:1325-30. 2009..The aim of this study is to identify the prognostic significance of vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C) expression and lymphatic vessel density (LVD) in supraglottic cancer...
- Lymphangiogenesis induced by VEGF-C and VEGF-D promotes metastasis and a poor outcome in breast carcinoma: a retrospective study of 61 casesYan Gu
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, China
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:717-25. 2008..To evaluate lymphangiogenesis in patients with breast carcinoma, explore the underlying mechanism, and study the relationship between lymphangiogenesis and progression of breast carcinoma...
- Regulation of developmental lymphangiogenesis by Syk(+) leukocytesRuben Böhmer
Department of Vascular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Röntgenstrasse 20, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Dev Cell 18:437-49. 2010..This mechanism does not involve circulating endothelial progenitor cells and demonstrates the potential of hematopoietic cells to control developmental lymphangiogenesis...
- Distinct characteristics of circulating vascular endothelial growth factor-a and C levels in human subjectsHiromichi Wada
Division of Translational Research, National Hospital Organization Kyoto Medical Center, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e29351. 2011..In conclusion, these findings demonstrate that VEGF-C, rather than VEGF-A, is closely related to dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 are related closely to the prognosis of patients with ovarian carcinomaNaoyo Nishida
Department of Pathology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Research Center of Innovative Cancer Therapy of the 21st Century COE Program for Medical Science, Asahi machi, Japan
Cancer 101:1364-74. 2004..However, the prognostic significance of VEGF and VEGFR expression in ovarian carcinoma is unclear...
- Effective suppression of vascular network formation by combination of antibodies blocking VEGFR ligand binding and receptor dimerizationDenis Tvorogov
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Cell 18:630-40. 2010..These results suggest that receptor dimerization inhibitors could be used to enhance antiangiogenic activity of antibodies blocking ligand binding in tumor therapy...
- Further evidence for expression and function of the VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 axis in cancer cellsJen Liang Su
Cancer Cell 13:557-60. 2008
- ROLE OF Rac AND REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES IN KAPOSI'S SARCOMA VIRAL ONCOGENESISEnrique A Mesri; Fiscal Year: 2013..So our work will allow us to not only to identify mechanisms of KS carcinogenesis but also will help to identify potential new target and new drugs for anti-KS therapy. ..
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith A Varner; Fiscal Year: 2012..The studies proposed in this application are likely to lead to the development and testing of new agents to diagnose and prevent or treat metastatic cancer. ..
- Effects of lymphangiogenesis stimulation on lung allograft rejectionSouheil El-Chemaly; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, it will pave the way for the development of novel strategies to tret acute rejection in lung transplant recipients. ..
- Mechanisms of Sensitization in High Risk Corneal GraftsReza Dana; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Proinflammatory Biomarkers and Post-Breast CancerLymphedemaMei Rosemary Fu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Findings of the project are fundamental in developing and testing more intense and personalized interventions to prevent and treat LE among the breast cancer survivors. ..
- The role of VEGF-C in resisting stress in prostate cancerKaustubh Datta; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study should provide potential targets for effective therapeutic interventions as well as prognostic indicators for the metastatic stage of prostate cancer. ..
- Lymphatic Regulation of Skin Electrolyte Metabolism and Blood PressureJENS MARC TITZE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our data point to macrophage-derived vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) as a crucial factor controlling skin electrolyte homeostasis...
- E2F1 in Cardiac NeovascularizationGangjian Qin; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal describes a series of experiments that will help to unravel the mechanisms of blood vessel growth and thereby identify potential novel strategies for treating this critical health problem. ..
- Corneal Lymphatics &Adaptive ImmunityDANIEL J CARR; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Angiopoietins in vascular and lymphatic remodeling of airways and lungDonald M McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, the experiments will explore the therapeutic potential of manipulating angiopoietin actions to reduce edema and inflammation in the airways and lung by regulating the remodeling of blood vessels and lymphatics. ..
- The role of BMX in LymphangiogenesisDennis Jones; Fiscal Year: 2011..Ultimately novel inhibitor molecules against Bmx may be effective in cancer therapy. ..
- Role of CCBE1 in lymphangiogenesisDAVID RICHARD ENIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this simplified system, we will incubate ccbe1 protein with cells isolated from human skin lymphatic vessels. We will carefully measure changes in cell growth, survival, and internal signaling. ..
- Role of TNFa in Osteoclast-Mediated Bone LossLianping Xing; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results will enhance our understanding of osteoclast and lymphatic biology and provide new direction for developing a novel therapy to treat arthritis. ..
- Role of a9b1 Integrin in lymphangiogenesisNicholas E Vlahakis; Fiscal Year: 2010..End of Abstract) ..
- Endogenous Specific Inhibitor of Corneal LymphangiogenesisJayakrishna Ambati; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of the Prostate Stem Cell Niche. - Revision - 1DAVID A MOSCATELLI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The experiments will provide novel information on the role of endothelial cells in the prostate stem cell niche that will also be relevant to the prostate tumor stem cell niche. ..
- Therapeutic Lymphatic Collecting Vessel Regeneration by Directed Fluid FlowJeremy Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will also investigate Nitric Oxide (NO) release from the bioconduit as an alternative to VEGF-C for therapeutic lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Role of Neuropilin receptors in lymphangiogenesisANNE CHRISTINE EICHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Taken together, this is a comprehensive program aimed at further our understanding of a key biological process, lymphangiogenesis, that may result in development of new therapeutic approaches to prevent lymphedema and cardiac diseases. ..
- Fox Transcription Factors in Vascular DevelopmentTsutomu Kume; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Therapy for Secondary Lymphedema in Breast CancerAnnissa Furr; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work will ultimately reduce post-treatment costs associated with breast cancer, and may be applied to other conditions to promote lymphatic regrowth and appropriate drainage of interstitial fluid. ..
- Inhibition of VEGF receptor dimerization and signaling in corneal lymphangiogenesJin Hong Chang; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- VEGFs in tumor lymphatic metastasisHAROLD FISHER DVORAK; Fiscal Year: 2012..This application is focused on understanding the mechanisms that these factors use to induce lymphangiogenesis and metastasis in melanoma, as well as how these mechanisms impact emerging cancer therapies. ..
- The Six1/Eya Transcriptional complex as a mediator of lymphangiogenesis and lymphHeide L Ford; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Altered Lymphatics in an Ovine Cardiac Model of Increased Pulmonary Blood FlowSanjeev A Datar; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, the signaling pathways that regulate pulmonary lymphatic vascular function and post-natal lymphatic growth and remodeling will be examined. ..
- Ocular LymphangiogenesisDANIEL J CARR; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- VEGFR2 Modulates Corneal Angiogenesis and LymphangiogenesisJin Hong Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms of VEGF-A regulated tumor lymphangiogenesisSophia Ran; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because metastasis is a primary cause of mortality from cancer, these studies have the potential to significantly improve health outcomes in a large number of cancer patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bone Morphogenic Protein Signaling in Lymphatic Endothelial CellsSuk Won Jin; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- INTEGRIN REGULATION OF CORNEAL LYMPHATIC VESSEL GROWTH AND REGRESSIONRichard M Tempero; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of these aims will be a major step in understanding how integrins regulate lymphatic vessel remodeling and corneal health. ..
- VEGFs in Artery-Vein Imbalance in AIDS-Kaposi SarcomaParkash Gill; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work is anticipated to enhance our understanding of KS pathogenesis, provide opportunities for novel therapies for KS, and contribute to the understanding of vascular biology. ..
- Notch Signaling in LymphangiogenesisCarrie J Shawber; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our overall goal is to study both developmental and pathological lymphangiogenesis to better understand Notch function in lymphatics. ..
- Mechanisms That Mediate The Absence of Lymphatics in the RetinaPATRICIA D AMORE; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ability of Sema3F to block the formation of lymphatic vessels outside of the retina will be examined by injection of Sema3F protein in a well-characterized corneal suture model. ..
- Imaging Lymphatic Clearance in Tumor MetastasisZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- BIOLOGY OF TUMOR ANGIOGENESIS, INVASION AND METASTASISRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Activation of Skin Cells and Transcription Factors by S*Robert Swerlick; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide a framework to define the mechanisms by which irritants cause inflammation in the skin and provide a rational and mechanistic targets for prevention and treatment. ..
- Lymph vs. blood angiogenesis: functional differences in*Melody Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..In vitro, we will correlate LEC responses to fluid and growth factors with LEC behavior observed in vivo during lymphangiogenesis, and we will compare those results to BEC responses in vitro. ..
- Identifying Genes that Cause Lung Cancer to ProgressROBERT DEBS; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Mouse Models for Interstitial CystitisEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, we will attempt to generate a transgenic mouse model of IC by targeting the expression of a secreted form of mouse protamine-1 (sMP1) to the transitional epithelium and evaluate these animals in our system. ..
- Pathogenesis of Hepatic Injury with HCV/HIV CoinfectionJerome Groopman; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Molecular Mechanisms in Lymphatic Function & DiseaseStanley Rockson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The physiology and human genetics of the lymphatic system will be explored and there will be a focus upon mechanisms of cancer metastasis and its relationship to lymphatic function and lymphangiogenesis. ..
- PROX 1 DURING MURINE CELLULAR DIFFERENTIATIONGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will further define the mechanisms and pathways involved in vertebrate cell differentiation, and should help to understand the role of Prox1 during this process. ..
- Angiogenesis:Novel Basic Science Insight & Human TherapyNapoleone Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOGENIC THERAPY FOR INFARCTED AND ISCHEMIC HEARTRobert Tomanek; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such interventions have a number of advantages over more invasive interventions, e.g., the delivery of oxogenous growth factors or gene therapy. ..
- GENE THERAPY FOR ARTHRITIS IN THE TNFA-TRANSGENIC MOUSEEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- The Lymphatic Continuum ConferenceStanley Rockson; Fiscal Year: 2002..On the second day of the symposium, attendance will be limited to a working nucleus of 50-60 invited participants in order to encourage open discussion and formulation of theoretical research agendas. ..
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF HIV SUPPRESSION OF HEMATOPOIESISJerome Groopman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These experiments are designed to contribute new knowledge on HIV interaction with hematopoietic progenitors, and thereby help design rational strategies to restore effective blood cell production and immune competence. ..
- Mechanical Stretch and Vein Graft Intimal HyperplasiaJeremy Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aim II: Investigate the role of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-BB and related signaling molecules in mediating subsequent vascular cell proliferation. ..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF HIV-TAT EFFECTS ON ENDOTHELIUMJerome Groopman; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies are designed to provide new information on the coinfected host with AIDS and thereby provide a foundation for the design of preventive or therapeutic strategies against KS. ..
- Integrative Biology of Tumor MetastasisRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we have the resources and the clinical collaborators in place to initiate a clinical trial based on our findings, as attested by our ongoing trial using a VEGF-specific antibody. ..
- DNA Markers As Surrogates:Melanoma Patient ResponseDave Hoon; Fiscal Year: 2008..The R33 phase will focus on validating the PGMs and determining their clinical utility in an ongoing prospective multicenter Phase II BC and maintenance Biotherapy trial for AJCC stage IV melanoma patients. ..
- Role of BMDCs in Solid Tumor Growth and RelapseRakesh K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our results will offer strategies for the inhibition of tumor relapse after radiotherapy by targeting molecular pathways that are critical for both angiogenesis and myeloid BMDC recruitment. ..
- GROWTH REGULATION OF THE INTRAHEPATIC BILIARY TREEGIANFRANCO D ALPINI; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our firm belief that the results of these studies will provide information that will not only allow us to better understand cholangiocyte pathobiology but will also lead to treatments for cholestatic liver diseases. ..
- Revitalizing Allografts for Craniofacial ReconstructionEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Augmentation of Lymphangiogenesis by Increased Fluid Channeling in Mouse SkinJeremy Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Vascular Function by Progesterone ReceptorLuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SUPPRESSION OF VASCULAR GROWTHLuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that results from these experiments will shed light into the biology of tumor growth and angiogenesis. ..
- Control of lymphatic endothelial differentiation programKari Alitalo; Fiscal Year: 2006..They should also identify molecular markers distinguishing superficial and visceral lymphatic vessels, which could then be used to develop targeted drug delivery to these vessels. ..
- AIDS ASSOCIATED MALIGNANCIES CLINICAL TRIALS CONSORTIUMAlexandra Levine; Fiscal Year: 2005..The expertise of our labs and experience will be available to the AMC, which will be considered of the highest priority for our Group. ..
- INHIBITION OF THE ANGIOGENIC RESPONSELuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Anti-Angiogenesis/Drugs in Tumors--Bench /Bedside & BackRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2005..Attendance at this conference will provide an excellent opportunity for young investigators working on cancer to educate and familiarize themselves with the field of angiogenesis and the complexities of the system. ..
- The Lymphatic System in the Primate corpus LuteumFuhua Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..