Genomes and Genes
vascular endothelial growth factor a
Summary: The original member of the family of endothelial cell growth factors referred to as VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTORS. Vascular endothelial growth factor-A was originally isolated from tumor cells and referred to as "tumor angiogenesis factor" and "vascular permeability factor". Although expressed at high levels in certain tumor-derived cells it is produced by a wide variety of cell types. In addition to stimulating vascular growth and vascular permeability it may play a role in stimulating VASODILATION via NITRIC OXIDE-dependent pathways. Alternative splicing of the mRNA for vascular endothelial growth factor A results in several isoforms of the protein being produced.
Publications423 found, 100 shown here
- Vascular permeability factor/vascular endothelial growth factor: a critical cytokine in tumor angiogenesis and a potential target for diagnosis and therapyHarold F Dvorak
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4368-80. 2002b>Vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A), the founding member of the vascular permeability factor (VPF)/VEGF family of proteins, is an important angiogenic cytokine with critical roles in tumor angiogenesis...
- Blockade of Dll4 inhibits tumour growth by promoting non-productive angiogenesisIrene Noguera-Troise
Regeneron Research Laboratories, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, New York 10591, USA
Nature 444:1032-7. 2006....
- Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2542-50. 2006..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has been shown to benefit patients with a variety of cancers...
- Stem cell-like glioma cells promote tumor angiogenesis through vascular endothelial growth factorShideng Bao
Department of Surgery, Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center, Molecular Cancer Biology Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Res 66:7843-8. 2006..Together these data indicate that stem cell-like tumor cells can be a crucial source of key angiogenic factors in cancers and that targeting proangiogenic factors from stem cell-like tumor populations may be critical for patient therapy...
- VEGF-induced adult neovascularization: recruitment, retention, and role of accessory cellsMyriam Grunewald
Department of Molecular Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Cell 124:175-89. 2006..Together, the data suggest a model for VEGF-programmed adult neovascularization highlighting the essential paracrine role of recruited myeloid cells and a role for SDF1 in their perivascular retention...
- Tumor angiogenesisRobert S Kerbel
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, and the Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto
N Engl J Med 358:2039-49. 2008
- Molecular mechanisms and clinical applications of angiogenesisPeter Carmeliet
Laboratory of Angiogenesis and Neurovascular Link, Vesalius Research Center, VIB, Leuven B 3000, Belgium
Nature 473:298-307. 2011..Recent preclinical and clinical studies have shown new molecular targets and principles, which may provide avenues for improving the therapeutic benefit from anti-angiogenic strategies...
- Abnormal blood vessel development and lethality in embryos lacking a single VEGF alleleP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Nature 380:435-9. 1996....
- Activation of vascular endothelial growth factor gene transcription by hypoxia-inducible factor 1J A Forsythe
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:4604-13. 1996..VEGF mRNA was not induced by hypoxia in mutant cells that do not express the HIF-1beta (ARNT) subunit. These findings implicate HIF-1 in the activation of VEGF transcription in hypoxic cells...
- The biology of VEGF and its receptorsNapoleone Ferrara
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nat Med 9:669-76. 2003..VEGF inhibition is also being tested as a strategy for the prevention of angiogenesis, vascular leakage and visual loss in age-related macular degeneration...
- Drug resistance by evasion of antiangiogenic targeting of VEGF signaling in late-stage pancreatic islet tumorsOriol Casanovas
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Cancer Cell 8:299-309. 2005..These other proangiogenic signals are functionally implicated in the revascularization and regrowth of tumors in the evasion phase, as FGF blockade impairs progression in the face of VEGF inhibition...
- HIF1alpha induces the recruitment of bone marrow-derived vascular modulatory cells to regulate tumor angiogenesis and invasionRose Du
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Cell 13:206-20. 2008..VEGF also directly regulates tumor cell invasiveness. When VEGF activity is impaired, tumor cells invade deep into the brain in the perivascular compartment...
- Angiogenesis in cancer and other diseasesP Carmeliet
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Belgium
Nature 407:249-57. 2000..This integrated understanding is leading to the development of a number of exciting and bold approaches to treat cancer and other diseases. But owing to several unanswered questions, caution is needed...
- miR-126 regulates angiogenic signaling and vascular integrityJason E Fish
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Dev Cell 15:272-84. 2008..These findings illustrate that a single miRNA can regulate vascular integrity and angiogenesis, providing a new target for modulating vascular formation and function...
- Secretion of angiogenic and antiapoptotic factors by human adipose stromal cellsJalees Rehman
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana Center for Vascular Biology and Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind 46202, USA
Circulation 109:1292-8. 2004..The beneficial effects of delivered cells appear to be related to their pluripotency and ability to secrete growth factors. We examined nonadipocyte stromal cells from human subcutaneous fat as a novel source of therapeutic cells...
- Local delivery of marrow-derived stromal cells augments collateral perfusion through paracrine mechanismsT Kinnaird
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Circulation 109:1543-9. 2004..Bone marrow cell therapy is reported to contribute to collateral formation through cell incorporation into new or remodeling vessels. However, the possible role of a paracrine contribution to this effect is less well characterized...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptorsG Neufeld
Department of Biology, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Technion City, Haifa 32000, Israel
FASEB J 13:9-22. 1999....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor a in intraocular vascular diseaseJoan W Miller
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ophthalmology 120:106-14. 2013..vasculature seen in intraocular vascular disease are associated with increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF), a potent endothelial-specific mitogen...
- Recruitment of stem and progenitor cells from the bone marrow niche requires MMP-9 mediated release of kit-ligandBeate Heissig
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 109:625-37. 2002..Release of sKitL by MMP-9 enables BM repopulating cells to translocate to a permissive vascular niche favoring differentiation and reconstitution of the stem/progenitor cell pool...
- Circulating angiogenic factors and the risk of preeclampsiaRichard J Levine
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 350:672-83. 2004..Limited data suggest that excess circulating soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt-1), which binds placental growth factor (PlGF) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), may have a pathogenic role...
- Constitutive Stat3 activity up-regulates VEGF expression and tumor angiogenesisGuilian Niu
Immunology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Department of Oncology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, FL 33612, USA
Oncogene 21:2000-8. 2002..These studies provide evidence that the VEGF gene is regulated directly by Stat3 protein, and indicate that Stat3 represents a common molecular target for blocking angiogenesis induced by multiple signaling pathways in human cancers...
- Tissue macrophages act as cellular chaperones for vascular anastomosis downstream of VEGF-mediated endothelial tip cell inductionAlessandro Fantin
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 116:829-40. 2010..Our findings suggest that tissue macrophages are a target for antiangiogenic therapies, but that they could equally well be exploited to stimulate tissue vascularization in ischemic disease...
- Ranibizumab and bevacizumab for treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration: two-year resultsDaniel F Martin
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ophthalmology 119:1388-98. 2012..To describe effects of ranibizumab and bevacizumab when administered monthly or as needed for 2 years and to describe the impact of switching to as-needed treatment after 1 year of monthly treatment...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 triggers the angiogenic switch during carcinogenesisG Bergers
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:737-44. 2000..Absence of MMP-2 does not impair induction of angiogenesis, but retards tumour growth, whereas lack of urokinase has no effect. Our results show that MMP-9 is a component of the angiogenic switch...
- HER2 (neu) signaling increases the rate of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha (HIF-1alpha) synthesis: novel mechanism for HIF-1-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor expressionE Laughner
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287-3914, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:3995-4004. 2001..These data provide a molecular basis for VEGF induction and tumor angiogenesis by heregulin-HER2 signaling and establish a novel mechanism for the regulation of HIF-1alpha expression...
- Requisite role of angiopoietin-1, a ligand for the TIE2 receptor, during embryonic angiogenesisC Suri
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591, USA
Cell 87:1171-80. 1996..Angiopoietin-1 seems to play a crucial role in mediating reciprocal interactions between the endothelium and surrounding matrix and mesenchyme...
- The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)/VEGF receptor system and its role under physiological and pathological conditionsHiroyuki Takahashi
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Clin Sci (Lond) 109:227-41. 2005..Recent progress in the molecular and biological understanding of the VEGF/VEGFR system provides us with novel and promising therapeutic strategies and target proteins for overcoming a variety of diseases...
- Endothelial cells and VEGF in vascular developmentLeigh Coultas
The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8 Canada
Nature 438:937-45. 2005....
- HIF-2alpha regulates Oct-4: effects of hypoxia on stem cell function, embryonic development, and tumor growthKelly L Covello
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 20:557-70. 2006....
- VEGF-Trap: a VEGF blocker with potent antitumor effectsJocelyn Holash
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11393-8. 2002..VEGF-Trap-mediated blockade may be superior to that achieved by other agents, such as monoclonal antibodies targeted against the VEGF receptor...
- Astrocyte-derived VEGF-A drives blood-brain barrier disruption in CNS inflammatory diseaseAzeb Tadesse Argaw
Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center for MS, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Invest 122:2454-68. 2012..Collectively, these data identify blockade of VEGF-A signaling as a protective strategy to treat inflammatory CNS disease...
- Role of platelet-derived growth factors in physiology and medicineJohanna Andrae
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Dev 22:1276-312. 2008....
- Synergism between vascular endothelial growth factor and placental growth factor contributes to angiogenesis and plasma extravasation in pathological conditionsP Carmeliet
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 7:575-83. 2001..By upregulating PlGF and the signaling subtype of VEGFR-1, endothelial cells amplify their responsiveness to VEGF during the 'angiogenic switch' in many pathological disorders...
- VEGF and the quest for tumour angiogenesis factorsNapoleone Ferrara
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:795-803. 2002..How did this field begin, and how have we arrived at our present understanding of the role of VEGF in tumour progression...
- The RESTORE study: ranibizumab monotherapy or combined with laser versus laser monotherapy for diabetic macular edemaPaul Mitchell
Centre for Vision Research Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Ophthalmology 118:615-25. 2011..To demonstrate superiority of ranibizumab 0.5 mg monotherapy or combined with laser over laser alone based on mean average change in best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA) over 12 months in diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Heterozygous embryonic lethality induced by targeted inactivation of the VEGF geneN Ferrara
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 380:439-42. 1996..Angiogenesis and blood-island formation were impaired, resulting in several developmental anomalies. Furthermore, VEGF-null embryonic stem cells exhibit a dramatically reduced ability to form tumours in nude mice...
- Hypoxia--a key regulatory factor in tumour growthAdrian L Harris
Molecular Oncology Laboratories, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 2:38-47. 2002..Many elements of the hypoxia-response pathway are therefore good candidates for therapeutic targeting...
- Diabetic retinopathyRobert N Frank
Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
N Engl J Med 350:48-58. 2004
- The role of adherens junctions and VE-cadherin in the control of vascular permeabilityElisabetta Dejana
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Via Adamello 16, 20139, Italy
J Cell Sci 121:2115-22. 2008..We discuss the possible use of inhibitors of SRC and other kinases, of agents that increase cAMP levels, and of inhibitors of lytic enzymes as pharmacological tools for decreasing endothelial permeability...
- VEGF-induced neuroprotection, neurogenesis, and angiogenesis after focal cerebral ischemiaYunjuan Sun
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Clin Invest 111:1843-51. 2003..VEGF may, therefore, improve histological and functional outcome from stroke through multiple mechanisms...
- Migration of human monocytes in response to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is mediated via the VEGF receptor flt-1B Barleon
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Tumor Biology Center Freiburg, Germany
Blood 87:3336-43. 1996..The results presented here suggest that monocyte chemotaxis in response to VEGF and most likely to PlGF152 is mediated by flt-1 and thus show a possible function for the VEGF-receptor flt-1...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor: a potent inhibitor of angiogenesisD W Dawson
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Department of Pathology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Science 285:245-8. 1999..These results suggest that PEDF may be of therapeutic use, especially in retinopathies where pathological neovascularization compromises vision and leads to blindness...
- Induction of pancreatic differentiation by signals from blood vesselsE Lammert
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 294:564-7. 2001..These results indicate that vessels not only provide metabolic sustenance, but also provide inductive signals for organ development...
- Spatially restricted patterning cues provided by heparin-binding VEGF-A control blood vessel branching morphogenesisChristiana Ruhrberg
Endothelial Cell Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 16:2684-98. 2002..We conclude that differential VEGF-A isoform localization in the extracellular space provides a control point for regulating vascular branching pattern...
- Prognostic factors for overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted agents: results from a large, multicenter studyDaniel Y C Heng
FRCPC, Department of Medical Oncology, Tom Baker Cancer Center, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Clin Oncol 27:5794-9. 2009..There are no robust data on prognostic factors for overall survival (OS) in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) treated with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) -targeted therapy...
- Autocrine VEGF-VEGFR2-Neuropilin-1 signaling promotes glioma stem-like cell viability and tumor growthPetra Hamerlik
Danish Cancer Society Research Center and Centre for Genotoxic Stress Research, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Exp Med 209:507-20. 2012..We propose that direct inhibition of VEGFR2 kinase may block the highly dynamic VEGF-VEGFR2-NRP1 pathway and inspire a GBM treatment strategy to complement the currently prevalent ligand neutralization approach...
- Pathophysiological consequences of VEGF-induced vascular permeabilitySara M Weis
Department of Pathology and Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0803, USA
Nature 437:497-504. 2005..Therefore, by blocking the vascular permeability promoting effects of VEGF it may be feasible to reduce tissue injury after ischaemic disease and minimize the invasive properties of circulating tumour cells...
- Mechanisms of adverse effects of anti-VEGF therapy for cancerT Kamba
Department of Urology, Kyoto University, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Br J Cancer 96:1788-95. 2007..These changes are generally manageable and pose less risk than the tumours being treated, but they highlight the properties shared by tumour vessels and the vasculature of normal organs...
- Antiangiogenic therapy elicits malignant progression of tumors to increased local invasion and distant metastasisMarta Pàez-Ribes
Translational Research Laboratory, Catalan Institute of Oncology, IDIBELL, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Cancer Cell 15:220-31. 2009....
- Hypoxia-induced VEGF and collagen I expressions are associated with angiogenesis and fibrogenesis in experimental cirrhosisChristophe Corpechot
Service d Hepatologie, the INSERM Unit 402, the Laboratoire Commun de Biologie Moléculaire, the Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Hepatology 35:1010-21. 2002..In conclusion, the present study provides further evidence that hepatocellular hypoxia and angiogenesis progress together with fibrogenesis after liver injury and that hypoxia directly contributes to the progression of liver fibrosis...
- Regulation of tight junctions and loss of barrier function in pathophysiologyNicole S Harhaj
Penn State Retina Research Group, Penn State College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:1206-37. 2004....
- VEGF-A induces tumor and sentinel lymph node lymphangiogenesis and promotes lymphatic metastasisSatoshi Hirakawa
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Exp Med 201:1089-99. 2005..This newly identified mechanism of inducing lymph node lymphangiogenesis likely contributes to tumor metastasis, and therefore, represents a new therapeutic target for advanced cancer and/or for the prevention of metastasis...
- Normalization of tumor vasculature: an emerging concept in antiangiogenic therapyRakesh K Jain
E L Steele Lab for Tumor Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, COX 7, 100 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 307:58-62. 2005....
- Ranibizumab versus bevacizumab to treat neovascular age-related macular degeneration: one-year findings from the IVAN randomized trialUsha Chakravarthy
Institute of Clinical Science, The Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, Ireland
Ophthalmology 119:1399-411. 2012..To compare the efficacy and safety of ranibizumab and bevacizumab intravitreal injections to treat neovascular age-related macular degeneration (nAMD)...
- Lack of pericytes leads to endothelial hyperplasia and abnormal vascular morphogenesisM Hellstrom
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Cell Biol 153:543-53. 2001....
- Hypoxia promotes expansion of the CD133-positive glioma stem cells through activation of HIF-1alphaA Soeda
Brain Tumor Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Oncogene 28:3949-59. 2009..This study illustrates the importance of the tumor microenvironment in determining cellular behavior...
- Anti-angiogenesis therapy in cancer: current challenges and future perspectivesFarbod Shojaei
Oncology Research Unit, Pfizer La Jolla, CA 92121, United States
Cancer Lett 320:130-7. 2012..Investigations in clinic and preclinical models have provided some molecular and cellular mechanisms for the above challenges. This review aims to provide a concise update from recent findings...
- Leakage-resistant blood vessels in mice transgenically overexpressing angiopoietin-1G Thurston
Department of Anatomy and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Science 286:2511-4. 1999..Ang1 therefore may be useful for reducing microvascular leakage in diseases in which the leakage results from chronic inflammation or elevated VEGF and, in combination with VEGF, for promoting growth of nonleaky vessels...
- Pharmacology and pharmacodynamics of bevacizumab as monotherapy or in combination with cytotoxic therapy in preclinical studiesHans Peter Gerber
Departments of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Res 65:671-80. 2005..Finally, safety pharmacology studies with bevacizumab in cynomolgus monkeys showed that this agent is generally well tolerated with no unexpected adverse events...
- VEGF controls endothelial-cell permeability by promoting the beta-arrestin-dependent endocytosis of VE-cadherinJulie Gavard
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892 4340, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:1223-34. 2006....
- Autocrine VEGF signaling is required for vascular homeostasisSunyoung Lee
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cell 130:691-703. 2007..These results reveal a cell-autonomous VEGF signaling pathway that holds significance for vascular homeostasis but is dispensable for the angiogenic cascade...
- Principles and mechanisms of vessel normalization for cancer and other angiogenic diseasesPeter Carmeliet
Vesalius Research Center, VIB, K U Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nat Rev Drug Discov 10:417-27. 2011..Here, we discuss the mechanisms, benefits, limitations and possible clinical translation of vessel normalization for cancer and other angiogenic disorders...
- Inhibition of Dll4 signalling inhibits tumour growth by deregulating angiogenesisJohn Ridgway
Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 444:1083-7. 2006..Therefore, targeting Dll4 might represent a broadly efficacious and well-tolerated approach for the treatment of solid tumours...
- FLT1 and its ligands VEGFB and PlGF: drug targets for anti-angiogenic therapy?Christian Fischer
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Nat Rev Cancer 8:942-56. 2008..Hopefully, other agents with complementary mechanisms, such as those that target placental growth factor, will offer novel opportunities for improved treatment...
- Biomarkers to predict the clinical efficacy of bevacizumab in cancerAdrian M Jubb
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Lancet Oncol 11:1172-83. 2010..Many questions relating to these and other surrogate biomarkers, however, remain unanswered and their clinical usefulness has yet to be proven...
- Coordinated interaction of neurogenesis and angiogenesis in the adult songbird brainAbner Louissaint
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Cornell University Medical Center, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuron 34:945-60. 2002..These findings suggest a causal interaction between testosterone-induced angiogenesis and neurogenesis in the adult forebrain...
- Targeting angiogenesis: progress with anti-VEGF treatment with large moleculesAxel Grothey
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 6:507-18. 2009..Nonetheless, anti-VEGF therapy has enhanced the arsenal of anticancer therapies and has provided new insights into the biology of malignancy...
- Excess placental soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1) may contribute to endothelial dysfunction, hypertension, and proteinuria in preeclampsiaSharon E Maynard
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 111:649-58. 2003..These observations suggest that excess circulating sFlt1 contributes to the pathogenesis of preeclampsia...
- Developmental and pathological angiogenesisAlicia S Chung
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 27:563-84. 2011..We also discuss current knowledge of physiological angiogenic processes as well as their disruptions in pathological processes, particularly tumorigenesis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor induces rapid phosphorylation of tight junction proteins occludin and zonula occluden 1. A potential mechanism for vascular permeability in diabetic retinopathy and tumorsD A Antonetti
Penn State Retina Research Group, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 274:23463-7. 1999..In conclusion, VEGF rapidly increases occludin phosphorylation as well as the tyrosine phosphorylation of ZO-1. Phosphorylation of occludin and ZO-1 likely contribute to regulated endothelial paracellular permeability...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) induces remodeling and enhances TH2-mediated sensitization and inflammation in the lungChun Geun Lee
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 Cedar Street, 441c TAC, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8057, USA
Nat Med 10:1095-103. 2004..Thus, VEGF is a mediator of vascular and extravascular remodeling and inflammation that enhances antigen sensitization and is crucial in adaptive T(H)2 inflammation. VEGF regulation may be therapeutic in asthma and other T(H)2 disorders...
- Diverse roles for VEGF-A in the nervous systemFrancesca Mackenzie
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London, UK
Development 139:1371-80. 2012b>Vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A) is best known for its essential roles in blood vessel growth...
- Glomerular-specific alterations of VEGF-A expression lead to distinct congenital and acquired renal diseasesVera Eremina
The Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 111:707-16. 2003..Our data demonstrate that tight regulation of VEGF-A signaling is critical for establishment and maintenance of the glomerular filtration barrier and strongly supports a pivotal role for VEGF-A in renal disease...
- VEGF inhibition and renal thrombotic microangiopathyVera Eremina
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 358:1129-36. 2008..These observations provide evidence that glomerular injury in patients who are treated with bevacizumab is probably due to direct targeting of VEGF by antiangiogenic therapy...
- Hypoxia in cartilage: HIF-1alpha is essential for chondrocyte growth arrest and survivalE Schipani
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Genes Dev 15:2865-76. 2001....
- HIF-independent regulation of VEGF and angiogenesis by the transcriptional coactivator PGC-1alphaZoltan Arany
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 451:1008-12. 2008..PGC-1alpha may provide a novel therapeutic target for treating ischaemic diseases...
- Expression and role of VEGF in the adult retinal pigment epitheliumKnatokie M Ford
Schepens Eye Research Institute Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:9478-87. 2011..VEGF blockade is a widely used treatment for neovascular diseases such as wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Therefore, it was sought in this study to evaluate the expression and role of endogenous VEGF in RPE...
- Nitric oxide synthase modulates angiogenesis in response to tissue ischemiaT Murohara
Department of Medicine Cardiology and Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Biomedical Research, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Clin Invest 101:2567-78. 1998....
- Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) signaling in cancer causes loss of endothelial fenestrations, regression of tumor vessels, and appearance of basement membrane ghostsTetsuichiro Inai
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Department of Anatomy S1363, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Am J Pathol 165:35-52. 2004..Early loss of endothelial fenestrations in RIP-Tag2 tumors is a clue that vessel phenotype may be predictive of exceptional sensitivity to these inhibitors...
- Haploinsufficiency of delta-like 4 ligand results in embryonic lethality due to major defects in arterial and vascular developmentNicholas W Gale
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15949-54. 2004..In summary, Dll4 appears to be a major trigger of Notch receptor activities previously implicated in arterial and vascular development, and it may represent a new opportunity for pro- and anti-angiogenic therapies...
- Progressive attenuation of myocardial vascular endothelial growth factor expression is a seminal event in diabetic cardiomyopathy: restoration of microvascular homeostasis and recovery of cardiac function in diabetic cardiomyopathy after replenishment of Young Sup Yoon
Division of Cardiovascular Research, Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02135, USA
Circulation 111:2073-85. 2005..Diabetic cardiomyopathy (DCM) is characterized by microvascular pathology and interstitial fibrosis, which leads to progressive heart failure; however, the pathogenesis of DCM remains uncertain...
- Endogenous VEGF is required for visual function: evidence for a survival role on müller cells and photoreceptorsMagali Saint-Geniez
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3554. 2008....
- Association of age-related macular degeneration with polymorphisms in vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptorAlessandro Galan
S Antonio Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, Padova, Italy
Ophthalmology 117:1769-74. 2010..Previous studies investigated the possible association between VEGF-A gene polymorphisms and AMD, with contrasting data. No study examined the possible role of VEGF receptor KDR gene polymorphisms...
- Hypoxia-induced vascular endothelial growth factor expression precedes neovascularization after cerebral ischemiaH J Marti
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, the Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Am J Pathol 156:965-76. 2000..Exogenous support of this natural protective mechanism might lead to enhanced survival after stroke...
- Neuropilin-1 conveys semaphorin and VEGF signaling during neural and cardiovascular developmentChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Cell 5:45-57. 2003..Therefore, Npn-1 is a multifunctional receptor that mediates the activities of structurally distinct ligands during development of the heart, vasculature, and nervous system...
- Characterization of two types of endothelial progenitor cells and their different contributions to neovasculogenesisJin Hur
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:288-93. 2004..Endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) in one study group is not the same as EPC in other investigators, suggesting that EPC is not a single type of cell population. In this study, we tried to demonstrate the heterogeneity of EPC...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor: basic science and clinical progressNapoleone Ferrara
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Endocr Rev 25:581-611. 2004..Furthermore, VEGF is implicated in intraocular neovascularization associated with diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration...
- Angiogenesis in brain tumoursRakesh K Jain
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 100 Blossom Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 8:610-22. 2007..This creates a window of opportunity for optimally combining chemotherapeutics and radiation...
- IKK beta suppression of TSC1 links inflammation and tumor angiogenesis via the mTOR pathwayDung Fang Lee
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell 130:440-55. 2007..Our findings identify a pathway that is critical for inflammation-mediated tumor angiogenesis and may provide a target for clinical intervention in human cancer...
- Identification of telocytes in skeletal muscle interstitium: implication for muscle regenerationL M Popescu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania
J Cell Mol Med 15:1379-92. 2011..We also described non-satellite (resident) progenitor cell niche. In culture, TCs (but not satellite cells) emerge from muscle explants and form networks suggesting a key role in muscle regeneration and repair, at least after trauma...
- AVEREL: a randomized phase III Trial evaluating bevacizumab in combination with docetaxel and trastuzumab as first-line therapy for HER2-positive locally recurrent/metastatic breast cancerLuca Gianni
Department of Medical Oncology, San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 31:1719-25. 2013..High baseline plasma vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A) concentrations were associated with greater bevacizumab benefit (not statistically ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factors and angiogenesis in eye diseaseA N Witmer
Ocular Angiogenesis Group, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Prog Retin Eye Res 22:1-29. 2003..On the other hand, this paracrine relation and other physiological functions of VEGFs may be endangered by therapeutic VEGF inhibition, as is currently used in several clinical trials in DR and AMD...
- Reactive oxygen species and angiogenesis: NADPH oxidase as target for cancer therapyMasuko Ushio-Fukai
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S Wolcott, M C868, E403 MSB, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cancer Lett 266:37-52. 2008..Understanding these mechanisms may provide insight into the NADPH oxidase and redox signaling components as potential therapeutic targets for tumor angiogenesis...
- Corneal avascularity is due to soluble VEGF receptor-1Balamurali K Ambati
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Georgia and Augusta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia 30907, USA
Nature 443:993-7. 2006....
- Regulation of tumor angiogenesis by p53-induced degradation of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alphaR Ravi
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 USA
Genes Dev 14:34-44. 2000..These results indicate that amplification of normal HIF-1-dependent responses to hypoxia via loss of p53 function contributes to the angiogenic switch during tumorigenesis...
- Osteogenesis and angiogenesis: the potential for engineering boneJ M Kanczler
Bone and Joint Research Group, Centre for Human Development, Stem Cells and Regeneration, Developmental Origins of Health and Disease, Institute of Developmental Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, SO16 6YD
Eur Cell Mater 15:100-14. 2008..Elucidation of the processes of angiogenesis, osteogenesis and tissue engineering strategies offer exciting future therapeutic opportunities for skeletal repair and regeneration in orthopaedics...
- Antiangiogenic therapy: impact on invasion, disease progression, and metastasisJohn M L Ebos
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology Research, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, S 217 Research Building, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON M4N 3M5, Canada
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 8:210-21. 2011..Improved preclinical assessment of all stages of metastatic disease should be a priority for future antiangiogenic drug discovery and development...
- Rapid decrease in delivery of chemotherapy to tumors after anti-VEGF therapy: implications for scheduling of anti-angiogenic drugsAstrid A M van der Veldt
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Cell 21:82-91. 2012..These findings highlight the importance of drug scheduling and advocate further studies to optimize scheduling of anti-angiogenic drugs...
- Endochondral ossification: how cartilage is converted into bone in the developing skeletonE J Mackie
School of Veterinary Science, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:46-62. 2008..This review, which places an emphasis on recent advances and current areas of debate, discusses the complex interactions between cell types and signalling pathways that govern endochondral ossification...
- Autocrine VEGF signaling synergizes with EGFR in tumor cells to promote epithelial cancer developmentBeate M Lichtenberger
Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cell 140:268-79. 2010..Moreover, Flt1 is upregulated in human SCC, and its inhibition in SCC cells impairs proliferation. Thus, in addition to regulating angiogenesis, VEGF has to be considered as a potent growth factor for epidermal tumors...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and receptor interaction is a prerequisite for murine hepatic fibrogenesisH Yoshiji
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
Gut 52:1347-54. 2003..It has been shown that expression of the potent angiogenic factor, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and its receptors, flt-1 (VEGFR-1) and KDR/Flk-1 (VEGFR-2), increased during the development of liver fibrosis...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- Brain mast cells and Chronic Fatigue SyndromeTheoharis C Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed research is hypothesis-driven, is based on strong preliminary evidence, is innovative with high likelihood for novel findings with applicability to humans. ..
- Angiotensin Adrenergic Interactions in the KidneyRoland C Blantz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Emilio B Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies may help to devise new more specific and less harmful modalities than the anticoagulation or general immunosuppression currently used to treat and prevent thrombosis in patients with aPL Abs. ..
- ENEIQUE A MESRI; Fiscal Year: 2016..So our work will allow us to not only to identify mechanisms of KS carcinogenesis but also will help to identify potential new target and new drugs for anti-KS therapy. ..
- Priyabrata Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Targeted siRNA nanotechnology for intravesical treatment of urologicaldiseasesRobert M Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our first test of these nanoparticles will use a mouse model of bladder cancer. Thus, we can determine the therapeutic potential of siRNA for treatment of urologic diseases. ..
- Junxuan Lu; Fiscal Year: 2014..These multiple targeting activities plus published work supporting anti- angiogenesis activity provide strong rationale for testing the efficacy of PGG for prostate cancer chemoprevention. ..
- JAMES FRANCIS MCGINNIS; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Sharon M Moe; Fiscal Year: 2014..Both of these problems may be linked. The purpose of this study is to determine if a commonly used group of drugs, bisphosphonates, may help both bone and heart/blood vessel disease and determine the mechanism the drugs work. ..
- ANDREW GREGORY SIKORA; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Christie P Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- A Bifunctional Katp Channel Activator and Redox Mimetic for BPDKanneganti Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- C Michael Hart; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results of this proposal can thereby define novel and effective therapeutic strategies to regulate programs of gene expression involved in PH pathogenesis. ..
- Phosphotyrosine signaling pathways controlling tracheal tube geometryKAI G ZINN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We can also analyze tyrosine phosphorylation of the proteins and determine if they physically interact with each other in the embryo. ..
- Mechanisms of Angiogenesis in Retinopathy of PrematurityMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., dihydroethidium);and NADPH oxidase activation. ..
- SAMUEL BRANDON STEPHENS; Fiscal Year: 2015..Thus, through this award, I will gain training and generate crucial reagents necessary to launch my independent research program and obtain a tenure-track assistant professorship. ..
- Role of Potent Trophic Factors on Glia and Motor Neurons in ALSBrian K Kaspar; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will subsequently test the optimal combination of these factors using gene delivery in a rodent model of this devastating disease in order to define an optimal therapy for this debilitating disorder. ..
- MARY ELIZABETH RUTH HARTNETT; Fiscal Year: 2016..g., dihydroethidium);and NADPH oxidase activation. ..
- Neuropilin and semaphorin, anti-angiogenesis activities and mechanismsMichael Klagsbrun; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Anti-Fibrotic Therapy for Scleroderma/SScLatha Paka; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this application is to evaluate a lead small- molecule drug candidate in two preclinical models of scleroderma/SSc to advance to SBIR Phase-II project with the ultimate objective of bringing our drug to clinical trials. ..
- Bingmei M Fu; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- ANGIOTENSIN II SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONBradford C Berk; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The healing of tissues after surgery or trauma is critical for long-term survival. The proposed work will study novel mechanisms by which blood vessels grow in response to tissue injury. ..
- VEGF Regulation of Hepatic Erythropoietin SynthesisCalvin Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith A Varner; Fiscal Year: 2012..The studies proposed in this application are likely to lead to the development and testing of new agents to diagnose and prevent or treat metastatic cancer. ..
- JULIE MARIE VOSE; Fiscal Year: 2016..The BMT/CTN including our consortium will be the only clinical cooperative group to accomplish this goal. ..
- CCR3: a molecular marker for neovascular AMDJayakrishna Ambati; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Theranostic Nanomedicine for Breast Cancer Prevention and Image-Guided TherapyPrakash R Rai; Fiscal Year: 2011..Nanotechnology has made major contributions to BrCa therapy. We propose an innovative nanotechnology-based approach for BrCa prevention and treatment that could significantly impact patient care. ..
- Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress in the Retinal Pigment Epithelium as a Model for AAlfred S Lewin; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project seeks to establish a mouse model of the pathology related to AMD and to use this model to test potential therapies for the atrophic form of the disease. ..
- Rheologic and Vascular Modulators in Sickle Vaso-occlusionDhananjay K Kaul; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed in vivo studies are expected to provide insights into the adverse and beneficial effects of HIF-1[unreadable] and NO in SCD, which may lead to new therapeutic strategies. ..
- DAVID ANTONETTI; Fiscal Year: 2016..Further, the proposal will explore the link between vascular permeability and angiogenesis and the role of the tight junction protein occludin in endothelial cell growth control. ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND TARGETING POLYMERIC GENE CARRIERSSung Wan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this application, we propose to develop a novel bioreducible polymer to deliver VEGF gene to primary myoblasts for the treatment of acute myocardial infarct to address these short- comings of current therapeutic strategies. ..
- Genetic Basis for Impaired Angiogenic Signaling in BPDSTEVEN HERBERT ABMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Downregulation of Rod Metabolism in Retinopathy of PrematurityJAMES DANIEL AKULA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, suppression of metabolically demanding processes in the rods promises preservation of visual function and prevention of vascular disease. ..
- STEVEN HERBERT ABMAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..In this renewal, we propose a series of integrative studies that incorporate physiologic, cell and molecular approaches towards understanding BPD. ..
- Gene-Engineered and Targeted Stem Cell Therapy for MyelomaSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of these studies will allow us to initiate phase-1 human clinical trials. ..
- Mechanism and therapy for arteriovenous malformationSuk Paul Oh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results from this study map provide important novel insights for developing therapeutic reagents for controlling development of AVMs. ..
- Utpal Sen; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Brain Arteriovenous MalformationsYongmei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of EPCs as an operant process in brain AVMs can suggest lines of investigation to develop new treatment modalities. ..
- NFAT Signaling and Down SyndromeGerald R Crabtree; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will test this hypothesis and if correct find molecule that correct the balance and thereby develop new treatments for some of the disabling characteristics of Down Syndrome. ..
- Mark E Kleinman; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- MOHAMED AL SAYED AL-SHABRAWEY; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Experimental engineering of ovarian grafting to promote angiogenesis for fertilitGLENN LEWIS SCHATTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research project will fill the knowledge gap about the biology of revascularization of ovarian grafts, which limits the fraction of surviving follicles, and will test two strategies aimed at enhancing angiogenesis. ..
- Role of Id1 in NSCLC Progression and MetastasisSrikumar P Chellappan; Fiscal Year: 2013..We believe that an in-depth mechanistic analysis as proposed in this application will lead to the development of novel therapeutic agents for non-small cell lungs cancer based on targeting the Id1 protein. ..
- George L King; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Souheil El-Chemaly; Fiscal Year: 2014..In addition, it will pave the way for the development of novel strategies to tret acute rejection in lung transplant recipients. ..
- Regulatory targets and pathogenic mechanisms of anthrax edema factorJin Mo Park; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our hope is that these efforts will lead to the discovery of new targets for the treatment of anthrax and other infectious diseases. ..
- Redox Regulation of SERCA by Nitric OxideRichard A Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our proposed studies intend to demonstrate the role for this mechanism in vivo using mouse models of diabetic vascular disease, including a mouse that expresses a mutant SERCA that lacks the key thiol. ..
- Sonia M Najjar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Answering these questions will delineate new CEACAM1-dependent mechanisms underlying atherosclerosis along the liver/endothelial cell axis, and pinpoint sites of pharmacologic intervention. ..
- Prakash R Rai; Fiscal Year: 2014..This provides the potential for rapid screening to establish individualized patient-specific molecular targets and forms the basis for designing personalized prevention and treatments. ..
- Reza Dana; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- ANDV Induced Responses of Hypoxic Endothelial CellsErich R Mackow; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies are likely to identify the mechanism of leakage and provide therapeutic approaches for reducing ANDV disease. ..
- Inner Ear Impact of Chronic Middle Ear InflammationDENNIS ROYAL TRUNE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, various treatments will be targeted to these specific phases of inflammation to suppress the immune responses and protect the inner ear from permanent damage. ..
- Irwin H Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies will elucidate how the loss of SSeCKS expression in prostate cancer increases disease progression by allowing PKC to be hyperactivated and dysregulated. ..
- Role of Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein (MCP)-1 in Liver RegenerationKRISTEN ANDREA MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, this project provides an opportunity for undergraduates at Boise State University to participate in biomedical research and gain an appreciation of the complex regulatory mechanisms that govern regeneration. ..
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..This novel delivery system may provide added stability to steroids and bevacizumab and six-month sustained delivery from a single episcleral administration. ..
- Frank W Sellke; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results of these studies may have significant implications regarding the recovery of diabetic and other patients after cardiac surgery involving cardioplegia and CPB. ..
- Preventing lethal hemorrhagic fever caused by hantaviruses by preserving endothelALAN L MUELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 2: Investigate dose-response efficacy of Slit2N against ANDV. Specific Aim 3: Investigate efficacy of delayed therapy with Slit2N against ANDV. Specific Aim 4: Investigate efficacy of Slit2N in combination with ribavirin. ..
- Characterizaton of Motility Factor ReceptorAvraham Raz; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is expected that these studies will lead to a better diagnosis, treatment and development of rational therapy. ..
- Blood Pressure -- Determinants &ControllersAllen W Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Neurotrophic Factors: Genetic Variation and Serum Levels in Brain AgingSudha Seshadri; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Improve Wound Healing with HIF-CA5 DNA Vector and ElectroporationJohn W Harmon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Building on the promising pre- clinical data generated to date, the objective of the proposed STTR program is to bring the CA5 product candidate into clinical testing. ..
- Ocular LymphangiogenesisDANIEL J CARR; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Perlecan modulates VEGF Bio-Availability in Human Osteoarthritic CartilageRONALD GOMES; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research has relevance to public health, because articular cartilage degradation is a primary pathology associated with osteoarthritis. Thus, findings are expected to be applicable to the health of humans. ..
- Mechanisms of VEGF-A regulated tumor lymphangiogenesisSophia Ran; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because metastasis is a primary cause of mortality from cancer, these studies have the potential to significantly improve health outcomes in a large number of cancer patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic Evaluation of Magnetic Nanoprobes Specific for Malignant Tumor MarkerRheal A Towner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studying a potentially effective anti- tumor therapeutic agent, as well as developing novel in vivo diagnostic and predictive procedures may significantly impact patient prognosis and survivability in the future. ..
- REGULATION OF VEGF EXPRESSION IN PLACENTA AND MEMBRANESCECILIA CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from these studies will promote understanding of amniotic fluid volume regulation, and provide important information for diagnosis and management of amniotic fluid disorders in human pregnancy. ..
- Bone Tissue Engineerig: Effect of Dynamic PerfusionAaron Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..se/investors/annual_reports. 2005. 2. http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/MDA/DOCS/h020008.html. OP-1 Putty - H020008. 2004. 3. http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/mda/docs/p000058.html. InFUSE" Bone Graft/LT-CAGE" Lumbar Tapered Fusion Device - P000058. 2002. ..
- Role(s) of VEGF in Resolution of InflammationManuela M Martins Green; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Therapeutic Angiogenesis for Erectile DysfunctionBRIAN ANNEX; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this renewal, we propose to identify the mechanism for hypercholesterolemia induced vascular injury as well as how to employ information gained in the studies to advance potential treatments for ED...
- Reconstitution of thrombopoiesis by angiogenic factorsShahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- BETA 1 INTEGRIN ANTAGONISM & RETINAL NEOVASCULARIZATIONDONALD SENGER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Moreover, it is anticipated that findings here will suggest new strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- REGULATION OF MACROPHAGE DEPENDENT ANGIOGENIC ACTIVITYSAMUEL LEIBOVICH; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Role of VEGF in Glomerular Endothelial Health & DiseasesS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Commercialization of iSONEP, a Humanized Monoclonal Antibody Against the BioactivROGER ALLEN SABBADINI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Novel Model to Study Retinopathy of PrematurityDavid Moscatelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our model will provide a useful tool to directly examine the roles of various factors in retinal vascular diseases in a setting that maintains normal tissue architecture. ..