Genomes and Genes
vascular endothelial growth factors
Summary: A family of angiogenic proteins that are closely-related to VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR A. They play an important role in the growth and differentiation of vascular as well as lymphatic endothelial cells.
Publications283 found, 100 shown here
- Angiogenesis in cancer and other diseasesP Carmeliet
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Belgium
Nature 407:249-57. 2000..This integrated understanding is leading to the development of a number of exciting and bold approaches to treat cancer and other diseases. But owing to several unanswered questions, caution is needed...
- Abnormal blood vessel development and lethality in embryos lacking a single VEGF alleleP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Nature 380:435-9. 1996....
- The biology of VEGF and its receptorsNapoleone Ferrara
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nat Med 9:669-76. 2003..VEGF inhibition is also being tested as a strategy for the prevention of angiogenesis, vascular leakage and visual loss in age-related macular degeneration...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptorsG Neufeld
Department of Biology, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Technion City, Haifa 32000, Israel
FASEB J 13:9-22. 1999....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 triggers the angiogenic switch during carcinogenesisG Bergers
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:737-44. 2000..Absence of MMP-2 does not impair induction of angiogenesis, but retards tumour growth, whereas lack of urokinase has no effect. Our results show that MMP-9 is a component of the angiogenic switch...
- Vessel cooption, regression, and growth in tumors mediated by angiopoietins and VEGFJ Holash
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Science 284:1994-8. 1999....
- Vascular permeability factor/vascular endothelial growth factor: a critical cytokine in tumor angiogenesis and a potential target for diagnosis and therapyHarold F Dvorak
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4368-80. 2002..It may also become an important target for cancer therapy...
- Vascular endothelial growth factors and angiogenesis in eye diseaseA N Witmer
Ocular Angiogenesis Group, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Prog Retin Eye Res 22:1-29. 2003..On the other hand, this paracrine relation and other physiological functions of VEGFs may be endangered by therapeutic VEGF inhibition, as is currently used in several clinical trials in DR and AMD...
- Migration of human monocytes in response to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is mediated via the VEGF receptor flt-1B Barleon
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Tumor Biology Center Freiburg, Germany
Blood 87:3336-43. 1996..The results presented here suggest that monocyte chemotaxis in response to VEGF and most likely to PlGF152 is mediated by flt-1 and thus show a possible function for the VEGF-receptor flt-1...
- Role of the Flt-1 receptor tyrosine kinase in regulating the assembly of vascular endotheliumG H Fong
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nature 376:66-70. 1995..We suggest that the Flt-1 signalling pathway may regulate normal endothelial cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions during vascular development...
- Leakage-resistant blood vessels in mice transgenically overexpressing angiopoietin-1G Thurston
Department of Anatomy and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Science 286:2511-4. 1999..Ang1 therefore may be useful for reducing microvascular leakage in diseases in which the leakage results from chronic inflammation or elevated VEGF and, in combination with VEGF, for promoting growth of nonleaky vessels...
- Hypoxia--a key regulatory factor in tumour growthAdrian L Harris
Molecular Oncology Laboratories, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 2:38-47. 2002..Many elements of the hypoxia-response pathway are therefore good candidates for therapeutic targeting...
- The biology of vascular endothelial growth factorsTuomas Tammela
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Cardiovasc Res 65:550-63. 2005..In this review, we will discuss recent advances in angiogenesis research and provide an overview of the molecular players involved in lymphangiogenesis...
- Revascularization of ischemic tissues by PlGF treatment, and inhibition of tumor angiogenesis, arthritis and atherosclerosis by anti-Flt1Aernout Luttun
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 8:831-40. 2002..Thus, PlGF and Flt1 constitute potential candidates for therapeutic modulation of angiogenesis and inflammation...
- Flt-1 lacking the tyrosine kinase domain is sufficient for normal development and angiogenesis in miceS Hiratsuka
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9349-54. 1998..These results indicate that Flt-1 without tyrosine kinase domain is sufficient to allow embryonic development with normal angiogenesis, and that a receptor tyrosine kinase plays a main biological role as a ligand-binding molecule...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor is a secreted angiogenic mitogenD W Leung
Department of Molecular Biology, Genetech, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Science 246:1306-9. 1989..Human 293 cells transfected with an expression vector containing a bovine or human VEGF cDNA insert secrete an endothelial cell mitogen that behaves like native VEGF...
- Vascular endothelial growth factors and vascular permeabilityDavid O Bates
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Sciences, Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Southwell Street, Bristol, UK
Cardiovasc Res 87:262-71. 2010b>Vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) are key regulators of permeability. The principal evidence behind how they increase vascular permeability in vivo and in vitro and the consequences of that increase are addressed here...
- A common 936 C/T mutation in the gene for vascular endothelial growth factor is associated with vascular endothelial growth factor plasma levelsW Renner
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Angiology, Karl Franzens University Graz, Graz, Austria
J Vasc Res 37:443-8. 2000..Aim of the present study was to search for mutations in the 3' untranslated region (3'-UTR) of the VEGF gene and to analyze their relation to VEGF plasma levels...
- Molecular and biological properties of vascular endothelial growth factorN Ferrara
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 77:527-43. 1999..Currently, both therapeutic angiogenesis using recombinant VEGF or VEGF gene transfer and inhibition of VEGF-mediated pathological angiogenesis are being pursued...
- VEGF is required for growth and survival in neonatal miceH P Gerber
Departments of Cardiovascular Research and Pathology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Development 126:1149-59. 1999..Thus, VEGF is essential for growth and survival in early postnatal life. However, in the fully developed animal, VEGF is likely to be involved primarily in active angiogenesis processes such as corpus luteum development...
- VEGF regulates haematopoietic stem cell survival by an internal autocrine loop mechanismHans Peter Gerber
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 417:954-8. 2002..Not only ligands selective for VEGF and VEGFR-2 but also VEGFR-1 agonists rescued survival and repopulation of VEGF-deficient HSCs, revealing a function for VEGFR-1 signalling during haematopoiesis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1), vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1), and E-selectin through nuclear factor-kappa B activation in endothelial cellsI Kim
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Cardiac Regeneration, and the Department of Urology, Chonbuk National University School of Medicine, Chonju, 560-180, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 276:7614-20. 2001..The existence of parallel inverse signaling implies that the induction of adhesion molecule expression by VEGF is very finely regulated...
- Modulation of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha expression by the epidermal growth factor/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/PTEN/AKT/FRAP pathway in human prostate cancer cells: implications for tumor angiogenesis and therapeuticsH Zhong
The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Brady Urological Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Cancer Res 60:1541-5. 2000..These data indicate that pharmacological agents that target PI3K, AKT, or FRAP in tumor cells inhibit HIF-1alpha expression and that such inhibition may contribute to therapeutic efficacy...
- Deletion of the hypoxia-response element in the vascular endothelial growth factor promoter causes motor neuron degenerationB Oosthuyse
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
Nat Genet 28:131-8. 2001..Acute ischemia is known to cause nonselective neuronal death. Our results indicate that chronic vascular insufficiency and, possibly, insufficient Vegf-dependent neuroprotection lead to the select degeneration of motor neurons...
- Levels of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha during breast carcinogenesisR Bos
Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:309-14. 2001..Increased levels of HIF-1 alpha are associated with increased proliferation and increased expression of ER and VEGF. Thus, increased levels of HIF-1 alpha are potentially associated with more aggressive tumors...
- VEGF165 mediates formation of complexes containing VEGFR-2 and neuropilin-1 that enhance VEGF165-receptor bindingShay Soker
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biochem 85:357-68. 2002..These complexes are formed on the surface of EC and in a juxtacrine manner via association of tumor cell NRP1 and EC KDR...
- Neuropilin-1 conveys semaphorin and VEGF signaling during neural and cardiovascular developmentChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Cell 5:45-57. 2003..multiple ligands from structurally distinct families, including secreted semaphorins (Sema) and vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF)...
- Heterozygous embryonic lethality induced by targeted inactivation of the VEGF geneN Ferrara
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 380:439-42. 1996..Angiogenesis and blood-island formation were impaired, resulting in several developmental anomalies. Furthermore, VEGF-null embryonic stem cells exhibit a dramatically reduced ability to form tumours in nude mice...
- How do angiopoietins Tie in with vascular endothelial growth factors?Pipsa Saharinen
Molecular and Cancer Biology Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
Curr Opin Hematol 17:198-205. 2010....
- Vascular endothelial growth factors and receptors: anti-angiogenic therapy in the treatment of cancerSònia Tugues
Uppsala University, Dept of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Dag Hammarskjoldsv 20, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Aspects Med 32:88-111. 2011b>Vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) are critical regulators of vascular and lymphatic function during development, in health and in disease. There are five mammalian VEGF ligands and three VEGF receptor tyrosine kinases...
- Activation of vascular endothelial growth factor gene transcription by hypoxia-inducible factor 1J A Forsythe
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:4604-13. 1996..VEGF mRNA was not induced by hypoxia in mutant cells that do not express the HIF-1beta (ARNT) subunit. These findings implicate HIF-1 in the activation of VEGF transcription in hypoxic cells...
- VEGF antagonism reduces edema formation and tissue damage after ischemia/reperfusion injury in the mouse brainN van Bruggen
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Clin Invest 104:1613-20. 1999..These results demonstrate that antagonism of VEGF reduces ischemia/reperfusion-related brain edema and injury, implicating VEGF in the pathogenesis of stroke and related disorders...
- Impaired myocardial angiogenesis and ischemic cardiomyopathy in mice lacking the vascular endothelial growth factor isoforms VEGF164 and VEGF188P Carmeliet
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 5:495-502. 1999
- Lymphangiogenesis and angiogenesis in conventional renal cell carcinoma: association with vascular endothelial growth factors A to D immunohistochemistryTakahisa Iwata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Urology 71:749-54. 2008Lymphangiogenesis is associated with tumor progression in various cancers and is regulated by vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs)...
- Arteriolar and venular patterning in retinas of mice selectively expressing VEGF isoformsIngeborg Stalmans
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 109:327-36. 2002..These findings reveal distinct roles of the various VEGF isoforms in vascular patterning and arterial development in the retina...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor is a neurotrophic factor which stimulates axonal outgrowth through the flk-1 receptorM Sondell
Department of Animal Physiology, Lund University, Helgonav 3 B, S 223 62, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 12:4243-54. 2000..The results strongly suggest that VEGF acts as a neurotrophic factor and plays an important role during the regeneration of peripheral nerves...
- Lung overexpression of the vascular endothelial growth factor gene induces pulmonary edemaR J Kaner
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 22:657-64. 2000..Together, these data suggest that overexpression of VEGF in the lung may be one mechanism of increased pulmonary vascular permeability in the early stages of acute lung injury...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factors and their receptors during osteoblast differentiationM M Deckers
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 141:1667-74. 2000..The expression pattern of VEGFs and their receptors shown here suggests that VEGFs play an important role in the regulation of bone remodeling by attracting endothelial cells and osteoclasts and by stimulating osteoblast differentiation...
- The mouse gene for vascular endothelial growth factor. Genomic structure, definition of the transcriptional unit, and characterization of transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulatory sequencesD T Shima
Program in Biological and Biomedical Sciences and the Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 271:3877-83. 1996..These data and reagents will allow the molecular and genetic analysis of mechanisms that control the developmental and pathological expression of VEGF...
- Increased serum concentration of angiogenic factors in malignant melanoma patients correlates with tumor progression and survivalS Ugurel
Department of Dermatology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg/Saar, Germany
J Clin Oncol 19:577-83. 2001..CONCLUSION: Our data suggest that the angiogenic serum factors VEGF, bFGF, and IL-8 are useful predictive markers for overall and progression-free survival in melanoma patients...
- The vascular endothelial growth factor family: identification of a fourth molecular species and characterization of alternative splicing of RNAK A Houck
Department of Molecular Biology, Genetech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
Mol Endocrinol 5:1806-14. 1991..Thus, alternative splicing of VEGF RNA can produce four polypeptides with strikingly different secretion patterns, which suggests multiple physiological roles for this family of proteins...
- p53 and vascular-endothelial-growth-factor (VEGF) expression predicts outcome in 833 patients with primary breast carcinomaB Linderholm
Department of Oncology, Umea University, Sweden
Int J Cancer 89:51-62. 2000..Combination of these 2 biological markers appears to give additional predictive information of survival. A high-risk group of patients was associated with p53 positivity and higher VEGF content...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor regulates endothelial cell survival through the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/Akt signal transduction pathway. Requirement for Flk-1/KDR activationH P Gerber
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 273:30336-43. 1998..Inhibition of apoptosis may represent a major aspect of the regulatory activity of VEGF on the vascular endothelium...
- Synergistic cooperation between hypoxia and transforming growth factor-beta pathways on human vascular endothelial growth factor gene expressionT Sanchez-Elsner
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CSIC, Velazquez 144, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:38527-35. 2001..These results demonstrate that both TGF-beta and hypoxia signaling pathways can synergize in the regulation of VEGF gene expression at the transcriptional level...
- Increased serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor predict risk of progression in early B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaS Molica
Divisione Ematologia e Oncologia Clinica, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro
Br J Haematol 107:605-10. 1999..We conclude that increased serum levels of VEGF can be considered useful for predicting the risk of DP and add prognostic information to the Rai subclassification of stage A CLL...
- Regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent retinal neovascularization by insulin-like growth factor-1 receptorL E Smith
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School and Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Med 5:1390-5. 1999..They also explain why diabetic retinopathy initially increases with the onset of insulin treatment. IGF-1 levels, low in untreated diabetes, rise with insulin therapy, permitting VEGF-induced retinopathy...
- Angiogenic and astroglial responses to vascular endothelial growth factor administration in adult rat brainJ M Krum
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Neuroscience 110:589-604. 2002..From these results we suggest that administered VEGF has heretofore unanticipated pleiotrophic effects in the adult CNS...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in breast cancer: comparison of plasma, serum, and tissue VEGF and microvessel density and effects of tamoxifenJ Adams
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Cancer Medicine Research Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 60:2898-905. 2000..MVD correlated with tumor size. Tamoxifen-induced increases in VEGF may be important in clinical prognosis or associated pathologies...
- Regulation of vascular permeability by vascular endothelial growth factorsD O Bates
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Department of Physiology, Preclinical Veterinary School, University of Bristol, Southwell Street, Bristol BS2 8EJ, UK
Vascul Pharmacol 39:225-37. 2002..This review will outline the mechanisms by which VEGFs do this and discuss some of the difficulties in interpreting data from VEGF studies due to the conflicting and synergistic effects of these actions...
- The prognostic value of vascular endothelial growth factor in 574 node-negative breast cancer patients who did not receive adjuvant systemic therapyP Manders
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 87:772-8. 2002..This implies that vascular endothelial growth factor is related with the natural course of breast cancer progression...
- The expression of vascular endothelial growth factor correlates with mutant p53 and poor prognosis in human breast cancerB K Linderholm
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska Institute and Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 61:2256-60. 2001..4 and 2.1 for BCCS and RFS, respectively. VEGF expression is related to p53 status in human breast cancer patients. Combining VEGF with p53 status resulted in better prognostic prediction...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors, flt-1 and flk-1, are expressed in normal pancreatic islets and throughout islet cell tumorigenesisG Christofori
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0534, USA
Mol Endocrinol 9:1760-70. 1995..While VEGF may also play an important role in the growth of new blood vessels during islet cell tumorigenesis, it cannot be the only factor required for the activation of tumor angiogenesis...
- Growth factors acting via endothelial cell-specific receptor tyrosine kinases: VEGFs, angiopoietins, and ephrins in vascular developmentN W Gale
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591 6707, USA
Genes Dev 13:1055-66. 1999
- Vascular endothelial growth factors: biology and current status of clinical applications in cardiovascular medicineSeppo Yla-Herttuala
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute, Kuopio University, Kuopio, Finland
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1015-26. 2007..Here, we review the biology and effects of VEGFs as well as the current status of clinical applications and future perspectives of the therapeutic use of VEGFs in cardiovascular medicine...
- Antibodies to vascular endothelial growth factor enhance the efficacy of cancer immunotherapy by improving endogenous dendritic cell functionD I Gabrilovich
Department of Medicine and The Vanderbilt Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6838, USA
Clin Cancer Res 5:2963-70. 1999..This effect was associated with the induction of significant anti-p53 CTL responses only in this group of mice. These data suggest that inhibition of VEGF may be a valuable adjuvant in the immunotherapy of cancer...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular targeting of solid tumorsR A Brekken
The Hope Heart Institute, Department of Vascular Biology, Seattle, WA 98104 2046, USA
Anticancer Res 21:4221-9. 2001..We conclude that 2C3 might have dual activity as an anti-angiogenic agent by inhibiting VEGFR2 activity and as a vascular targeting agent for selective drug delivery to tumor vessels...
- Development of endothelial cell lines from embryonic stem cells: A tool for studying genetically manipulated endothelial cells in vitroG Balconi
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri G B, R S, E D, Milan, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:1443-51. 2000..We propose that this approach may be useful for obtaining endothelial cells carrying gene mutations that are lethal at very early stages of development...
- VEGF signaling through neuropilin 1 guides commissural axon crossing at the optic chiasmLynda Erskine
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
Neuron 70:951-65. 2011..These findings have identified a permissive midline signal for axons at the chiasm midline and provide in vivo evidence that VEGF-A is an essential axon guidance cue...
- The role of VEGF in normal and neoplastic hematopoiesisHans Peter Gerber
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:20-31. 2003....
- The interaction of neuropilin-1 with vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptor flt-1G Fuh
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26690-5. 2000..Furthermore, Flt-1 may function as a negative regulator of angiogenesis by competing for NP-1...
- VEGF, basic-FGF, and TGF-beta in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis: a novel mechanism of chronic intestinal inflammationS Kanazawa
Department of Surgery, Himeji Central Hospital, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 96:822-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: It is suggested that the reciprocal reaction of these cytokines may contribute to angiogenesis in IBD b inducing intestinal ischemia through vasoconstriction...
- Semaphorin 3A-vascular endothelial growth factor-165 balance mediates migration and apoptosis of neural progenitor cells by the recruitment of shared receptorD Bagnard
, Neurobiologie Experimentale et Physiopathologie, , 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Neurosci 21:3332-41. 2001..These results indicate that the balance between guidance molecules and angiogenic factors can modulate the migration, apoptosis (or survival), and proliferation of neural progenitor cells through shared receptors...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor up-regulation via p21-activated kinase-1 signaling regulates heregulin-beta1-mediated angiogenesisR Bagheri-Yarmand
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 275:39451-7. 2000..These results suggest that heregulin-beta1 regulates angiogenesis via up-regulation of VEGF expression and that Pak1 plays an important role in controlling VEGF expression and, consequently, VEGF secretion and function...
- The 230 kDa mature form of KDR/Flk-1 (VEGF receptor-2) activates the PLC-gamma pathway and partially induces mitotic signals in NIH3T3 fibroblastsT Takahashi
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Japan
Oncogene 14:2079-89. 1997..These results suggest that the KDR/Flk-1 utilizes cell type-specific signal transduction pathway(s) for MAP kinase activation and the mitotic response in endothelial cells...
- Inhibition of vascular endothelial cell growth factor activity by an endogenously encoded soluble receptorR L Kendall
Department of Biochemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10705-9. 1993....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in human breast cancer: correlation with disease-free survivalA Obermair
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics University Hospital of Vienna, Austria
Int J Cancer 74:455-8. 1997....
- Mammary fibroblasts may influence breast tumor angiogenesis via hypoxia-induced vascular endothelial growth factor up-regulation and protein expressionL Hlatky
Department of Radiation Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cancer Res 54:6083-6. 1994..Thus, mammary stromal cells, only recently considered in the regulation of breast carcinomas, may play a hitherto unrealized role in breast cancer angiogenesis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) stimulates neurogenesis in vitro and in vivoKunlin Jin
Buck Institute for Age Research, 8001 Redwood Boulevard, Novato, CA 94945, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11946-50. 2002..Cells labeled with BrdUrd after VEGF treatment in vivo include immature and mature neurons, astroglia, and endothelial cells. These findings implicate the angiogenesis factor VEGF in neurogenesis as well...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha is a positive factor in solid tumor growthH E Ryan
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego 92093 0366, USA
Cancer Res 60:4010-5. 2000..The evidence from these experiments indicates that hypoxic response via HIF-1alpha is an important positive factor in solid tumor growth and that HIF-1alpha affects tumor expansion in ways unrelated to its regulation of VEGF expression...
- Requisite role of angiopoietin-1, a ligand for the TIE2 receptor, during embryonic angiogenesisC Suri
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591, USA
Cell 87:1171-80. 1996..Angiopoietin-1 seems to play a crucial role in mediating reciprocal interactions between the endothelium and surrounding matrix and mesenchyme...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor expression in untreated osteosarcoma is predictive of pulmonary metastasis and poor prognosisM Kaya
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Hokkaido, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 6:572-7. 2000....
- Release of the angiogenic cytokine vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) from platelets: significance for VEGF measurements and cancer biologyR E Banks
ICRF Cancer Medicine Research Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds UK
Br J Cancer 77:956-64. 1998..e.g. wound healing, and in tumour metastasis, when platelets adhering to circulating tumour cells may release VEGF at points of adhesion to endothelium, leading to hyperpermeability and extravasation of cells...
- The role of endotoxin/lipopolysaccharide in surgically induced tumour growth in a murine model of metastatic diseaseG P Pidgeon
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Department of Surgery, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Cancer 81:1311-7. 1999..These data indicate that endotoxin introduced during surgery is associated with the enhanced growth of metastases following surgical trauma, by altering the critical balances governing cellular growth and angiogenesis...
- Intensity of vascular endothelial growth factor expression is associated with increased risk of recurrence and decreased disease-free survival in papillary thyroid cancerC M Lennard
Departments of Otolaryngology, Clinical Investigation and Pediatrics, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Surgery 129:552-8. 2001..007). CONCLUSIONS: These data demonstrate that the immunohistochemical pattern of VEGF staining in the initial surgical specimen is strongly associated with the incidence of local and distant metastasis in papillary thyroid cancer...
- VEGF-Trap: a VEGF blocker with potent antitumor effectsJocelyn Holash
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11393-8. 2002..VEGF-Trap-mediated blockade may be superior to that achieved by other agents, such as monoclonal antibodies targeted against the VEGF receptor...
- Contact inhibition of VEGF-induced proliferation requires vascular endothelial cadherin, beta-catenin, and the phosphatase DEP-1/CD148Maria Grazia Lampugnani
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, 20139 Milan, Italy
J Cell Biol 161:793-804. 2003..In sparse cells or in VE-cadherin-null cells, this phenomenon cannot occur and the receptor is fully activated by the growth factor...
- Neuropilin-1 is expressed by endothelial and tumor cells as an isoform-specific receptor for vascular endothelial growth factorS Soker
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 92:735-45. 1998..We propose that neuropilin-1 is a novel VEGF receptor that modulates VEGF binding to KDR and subsequent bioactivity and therefore may regulate VEGF-induced angiogenesis...
- Isolation of a human placenta cDNA coding for a protein related to the vascular permeability factorD Maglione
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Consiglio Nazionale della Ricerce, Naples, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:9267-71. 1991..In addition, PlGF, like VPF, proves to be a dimeric protein. Finally, a conditioned medium from COS-1 cells containing PlGF is capable of stimulating specifically the growth of CPA, a line of endothelial cells, in vitro...
- Hypoxia and acidosis independently up-regulate vascular endothelial growth factor transcription in brain tumors in vivoD Fukumura
Edwin L Steele Laboratory, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 61:6020-4. 2001..These results suggest that VEGF transcription in brain tumors is regulated by both tissue pO(2) and pH via distinct pathways...
- Production of vascular endothelial growth factors from human lung macrophages induced by group IIA and group X secreted phospholipases A2Francescopaolo Granata
Division of Clinical Immunology and Allergy and Center for Basic and Clinical Immunology Research, University of Naples Federico II, Naples
J Immunol 184:5232-41. 2010Angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis mediated by vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) are main features of chronic inflammation and tumors...
- Covalently conjugated VEGF--fibrin matrices for endothelializationA H Zisch
Department of Materials and Institute for Biomedical Engineering, ETH and University of Zurich, Moussonstrasse 18, 8044 Zurich, Switzerland
J Control Release 72:101-13. 2001..When used as a ingrowth matrix, such VEGF incorporating materials could be useful in a variety of clinical situations that require an angiogenic response into an ischemic region or inplant...
- Rapamycin inhibits primary and metastatic tumor growth by antiangiogenesis: involvement of vascular endothelial growth factorMarkus Guba
Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Nat Med 8:128-35. 2002..Thus, the use of RAPA, instead of cyclosporine, may reduce the chance of recurrent or de novo cancer in high-risk transplant patients...
- Dual mechanism of vascular endothelial growth factor upregulation by hypoxia in human hepatocellular carcinomaZ von Marschall
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Gut 48:87-96. 2001..In the current study we analysed expression of VEGF and its receptors in human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and investigated the molecular mechanisms of VEGF regulation by hypoxia...
- Coexpression of hypoxia-inducible factors 1alpha and 2alpha, carbonic anhydrase IX, and vascular endothelial growth factor in nasopharyngeal carcinoma and relationship to survivalEdwin P Hui
Departments of Clinical Oncology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Clin Cancer Res 8:2595-604. 2002....
- ZD6474 inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor signaling, angiogenesis, and tumor growth following oral administrationStephen R Wedge
Department of Cancer and Infection Research, AstraZeneca, Cheshire SK10 4TG, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 62:4645-55. 2002..4 cm(3) volume. ZD6474 is currently in Phase I clinical development as a once-daily oral therapy in patients with advanced cancer...
- Angiopoietin-2, a natural antagonist for Tie2 that disrupts in vivo angiogenesisP C Maisonpierre
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Science 277:55-60. 1997..Natural antagonists for vertebrate receptor tyrosine kinases are atypical; thus, the discovery of a negative regulator acting on Tie2 emphasizes the need for exquisite regulation of this angiogenic receptor system...
- Extracellular matrix-bound vascular endothelial growth factor promotes endothelial cell adhesion, migration, and survival through integrin ligationHelen Hutchings
GDR CNRS 1927 Angiogenese and UMR CNRS 5089, Institut de Pharmacologie et Biologie Structurale, Toulouse, France
FASEB J 17:1520-2. 2003..We have thus determined a new VEGF receptor-independent role for immobilized VEGF in supporting cell adhesion and survival through interactions with integrins...
- Correlation of increased vascular endothelial growth factor with neovascularization and permeability in ischemic central vein occlusionShelley R Boyd
Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London EC1V 2PD, England
Arch Ophthalmol 120:1644-50. 2002..To establish a role for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) during the onset and clinical course of neovascularization of the iris (NVI) in ischemic central retinal vein occlusion...
- SU11248 is a novel FLT3 tyrosine kinase inhibitor with potent activity in vitro and in vivoAnne Marie O'Farrell
Preclinical Research and Exploratory Development, SUGEN, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 101:3597-605. 2003..These results suggest that further exploration of SU11248 activity in AML patients is warranted...
- Role of HIF-1alpha in hypoxia-mediated apoptosis, cell proliferation and tumour angiogenesisP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Belgium
Nature 394:485-90. 1998..As hypoxic stress contributes to many (patho)biological disorders, this new role for HIF-1alpha in hypoxic control of cell growth and death may be of general pathophysiological importance...
- Heterogeneity of the angiogenic response induced in different normal adult tissues by vascular permeability factor/vascular endothelial growth factorA Pettersson
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital, and Harvard Institute of Human Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Lab Invest 80:99-115. 2000..Finally, the muscular vessels that developed from mother vessels in skin and perimuscle fat have the structure of collaterals and could be useful clinically in the relief of tissue ischemia...
- Blood vessels and nerves: common signals, pathways and diseasesPeter Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Rev Genet 4:710-20. 2003..The realization that both systems use common genetic pathways should not only form links between vascular biology and neuroscience, but also promises to accelerate the discovery of new mechanistic insights and therapeutic opportunities...
- The carboxyl-terminal domain (111-165) of vascular endothelial growth factor is critical for its mitogenic potencyB A Keyt
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 271:7788-95. 1996..The present findings indicate that removal of the carboxyl-terminal domain, whether it is due to alternative splicing of mRNA or to proteolysis, is associated with a significant loss in bioactivity...
- Increased vascular endothelial growth factor expression but impaired vascular endothelial growth factor receptor signaling in the myocardium of type 2 diabetic patients with chronic coronary heart diseaseFerdinando Carlo Sasso
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Disease, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:827-34. 2005..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the expression and the activity of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the hearts of diabetic patients with chronic coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- VEGF receptor signalling - in control of vascular functionAnna Karin Olsson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Dag Hammarskjöldv 20, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7:359-71. 2006..Recent insights have shed light onto VEGFR signal transduction and the interplay between different VEGFRs and VEGF co-receptors in development, adult physiology and disease...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-related protein: a ligand and specific activator of the tyrosine kinase receptor Flt4J Lee
Department of Molecular Biology, Genetech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:1988-92. 1996..A 2.4-kb VRP mRNA is found in several human tissues including adult heart, placenta, ovary, and small intestine and in fetal lung and kidney...
- Evaluation of angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancer: comparison between anti-CD34 antibody and anti-CD105 antibodyF Tanaka
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin-kawahara-cho 54, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 7:3410-5. 2001..029), whereas CD34-IMVD was not (P = 0.070). CONCLUSIONS: Anti-CD105 mAb proved to be superior to anti-CD34 mAb in evaluation of angiogenesis in NSCLC...
- Vascular growth factors and lymphangiogenesisLotta Jussila
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
Physiol Rev 82:673-700. 2002..Discoveries made so far will be helpful in the diagnosis of certain vascular tumors, in the design of specific treatments for lymphedema, and in the prevention of metastatic tumor spread via the lymphatic system...
- Endothelial progenitor cell vascular endothelial growth factor gene transfer for vascular regenerationHideki Iwaguro
Division of Cardiovascular Research and Medicine, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02135, USA
Circulation 105:732-8. 2002..In the current study, we investigated the hypothesis that gene transfer can be used to achieve phenotypic modulation of EPCs...
- Molecular and functional diversity of vascular endothelial growth factorsYasuo Yamazaki
Department of Biochemistry, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, 2 522 1 Noshio, Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Divers 10:515-27. 2006..This review will highlight the molecular and functional diversity of VEGF family proteins...
- Endostatin blocks vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated signaling via direct interaction with KDR/Flk-1Young Mi Kim
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:27872-9. 2002..Our findings suggest that a direct interaction of endostatin with KDR/Flk-1 may be involved in the inhibitory function of endostatin toward VEGF actions and responsible for its potent anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor activities in vivo...
- Fetal HCMV Infection: Role of the Human PlacentaLENORE PALMA PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Vascular endothelial growth factors A and C (VEGF-A/C) upregulated in infected CTB could have paracrine effects on LEC functions in ..
- Role of Angiogenesis in Distraction OsteogenesisLOUIS CHARLES GERSTENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2013..The completion of Aims 1 and 2 will determine if ECs are a primary cell source of BMP2 in regulating skeletal healing after surgery or injury and if BMP2 has a functional role in vasculogenesis. ..
- Lymphotoxin: Regulation and Biologic FunctionNANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of a9b1 Integrin in lymphangiogenesisNicholas E Vlahakis; Fiscal Year: 2010..This KO8 program will support investigations into the role of alpha9-beta1 integrin and vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF) C and D in pulmonary lymphatic development and function...
- A Novel Treatment for Retinal IschemiaMark S Humayun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, even with intravitreal injections of anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors, or laser, in approximately 50% of patients, vision does not improve...
- Role of Neuropilin receptors in lymphangiogenesisANNE CHRISTINE EICHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will investigate the role of Neuropilin 1 and 2 (Nrp1, 2), co-receptors for vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) and class III Semaphorins (Sema3), in lymphangiogenesis...
- GENETICS OF VEGF MEDIATED ANGIOGENESIS IN MOUSE SKINBruce J Herron; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors (VEGF) are a family of secreted glycoproteins that control angiogenesis...
- VEGFs in tumor lymphatic metastasisHAROLD FISHER DVORAK; Fiscal Year: 2012..This application is focused on understanding the mechanisms that these factors use to induce lymphangiogenesis and metastasis in melanoma, as well as how these mechanisms impact emerging cancer therapies. ..
- VEGFs in Artery-Vein Imbalance in AIDS-Kaposi SarcomaParkash Gill; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work is anticipated to enhance our understanding of KS pathogenesis, provide opportunities for novel therapies for KS, and contribute to the understanding of vascular biology. ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor induced lung edemaRobert Kaner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Bronchoalveolar lavage and plasma levels of VEGF will be measured in patients with acute lung injury to develop the hypothesis that overexpression of VEGF in lung may be one mechanism favoring increased permeability. ..
- A Novel Model to Study Retinopathy of PrematurityDavid Moscatelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our model will provide a useful tool to directly examine the roles of various factors in retinal vascular diseases in a setting that maintains normal tissue architecture. ..
- Augmentation of Lymphangiogenesis by Increased Fluid Channeling in Mouse SkinJeremy Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF)-C and -D have been shown to be necessary for lymphatic proliferation and migration during lymphangiogenesis by binding VEGFR-3 on lymphatic ..
- THE MAJOR ANGIOGENIC FACTORS IN PLACENTAL ANGIOGENESISLawrence Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent studies, including those in gene-knockout mice, indicate that vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF), fibroblast growth factors (FGF), and angiopoietins (ANG) play major roles in the ..
- Integrins and bone matrix in prostate cancerTatiana Byzova; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Control of Cranial Neural Crest MigrationHung Hsiang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2005..of neuropilin 2 (Npn-2), a binding receptor for class 3 secreted semaphorin 3C and 3F and vascular endothelial growth factors in vertebrates...
- REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESIS BY HUMAN HERPESVIRUS 8Sankar Swaminathan; Fiscal Year: 2000..Growth of HHV8-infected endothelial cells is correlated with increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) and VEGF receptors...
- NF-KAPPA BS IN VIVO ROLE IN DERMATITIS AND ANGIOGENESISJOHN KLEMENT; Fiscal Year: 1999..Specifically, the expression of vascular endothelial growth factors and their targets will be investigated in terms of the temporal and spatial pattern of expression...
- GLIAL MEDIATORS OF CNS ISCHEMIC INJURYMARTHA DOWNEN; Fiscal Year: 2000..The induction of growth factors i.e. vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF) following hypoxia is purported to be part of the cascade of stroke induced injury...
- Angiogenesis:Novel Basic Science Insight & Human TherapyNapoleone Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOGENIC THERAPY FOR INFARCTED AND ISCHEMIC HEARTRobert Tomanek; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such interventions have a number of advantages over more invasive interventions, e.g., the delivery of oxogenous growth factors or gene therapy. ..
- Targeted Delivery of Anthrax InhibitorsMarina Backer; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase II we will develop LFn-liposomes with combination of LF and EF inhibitors, validate these liposomes in animal models of anthrax infection, and pre-clinical steps required for IND filing. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Coronary Vessel Assembly and GrowthRobert Tomanek; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since cardiac development depends on timely and adequate vascularization, an understanding of coronary vasculogenesis and angiogenesis will provide an important foundation for our understanding of cardiac defects. ..
- Targeting GRP78/BIP As An Adjunct Therapy For EGFR-positive Breast CancerMarina Backer; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect that this data establish feasibility of clinical development for EGF-SLiP. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1 and Oxygen HomeostasisGregg Semenza; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- EXPRESSION OF HUMAN ERYTHROPOIETIN GENEGregg Semenza; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism of Myocardial Angiogenesis in Transgenic/Knockout AnimalsNilanjana Maulik; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will provide and will identify important new insights into the cellular and molecular mechanisms of the cardioprotection provided by VEGF signaling through important candidate genes. ..
- Function of VEGF Receptor-1 on Colorectal Cancer CellsLee Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, it is possible that VEGFR-1 expression on CRC cells may serve as a "predictive factor" for anti-VEGF/receptor containing anti-neoplastic regimens. ..
- Role of VEGF in Neonatal Pulmonary HypertensionTheresa Grover; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide an integrated approach to the hypothesis, incorporating whole animal physiology coupled with molecular and cellular studies. ..
- Image-Guided Pro-Drug/Enzyme TherapyZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Classification and Therapy of CNS LymphomasJames Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will perform gene expression profile analysis of these tumors from diagnostic specimens obtained from a frozen tumor bank to identify a set of genes, which can be used to predict outcome. ..
- Imaging Lymphatic Clearance in Tumor MetastasisZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Development of SL-101, An Immunotoxin that Targets Cancer Stem CellsMalcolm Moore; Fiscal Year: 2006..This Phase I STTR grant will cover the development of SL-101 through key phases of pre-clinical development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MAMMARY TUMOR CHEMOPREVENTION BY ANGIOGENIC INHIBITORSSue Heffelfinger; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this study presents a non-hormonal approach to the problem of chemoprophylaxis in high-risk women. ..
- MEDIATORS OF BLOOD-RETINAL BARRIER BREAKDOWNSTANLEY VINORES; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MULTIDICIPLINARY FUNCTIONAL IMAGING OF CANCERZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiac Disease and RegenerationStefanie Dimmeler; Fiscal Year: 2005..As aging is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease a special session will focus on the molecular determinants of aging and its role in cardiac diseases. ..
- FACTORS INFLUENCING STEM CELL AND PLATELET PRODUCTIONMalcolm Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., adult populations acquiring features of neonatal cells, or whether there is a tendency for "immortalized" cells to undergo neoplastic transformation. ..
- Cyclic Follicle Function and AngiogenesisRalf Zimmermann; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HYPOXIA AND HEPATIC FIBROGENESISVictor Ankoma Sey; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- BLADDER CANCER BIOMARKERS GUIDES TO SURGERY AND THERAPYRobert Hurst; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study should generate biomarker profiles that are based in basic, mechanistic understanding of metastasis that can subsequently be tested in controlled clinical studies. ..
- FOUR DIMENSIONAL IMAGING OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSE IN VIVOJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should result in a fundamental improvement in the understanding of how T cells behave within a site of inflammation. ..
- Humanin as a novel cardioprotective and angiogenic factorBALVIN CHUA; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. coronary bypass). Finally, humanin has the potential to promote new blood vessel formation in damaged myocardium. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INITIATION AND REGULATION OF BLOOD COAGULATIONVIJAYA MOHAN RAO LELLA; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Identifying Vegf target genes during artery developmentNathan Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Endotoxin-induced Uveitis RevisitedJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Future studies can buil d on these observations to test anti-inflammtory molecules induced by endotoxin as these molecules are potentially useful in the treatment of uveitis and other inflammations. ..
- Nanoparticle delivery of antiangiogenic genesGerard Lutty; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal of this proposal is to deliver genes for endogenous antiangiogenic agents to sites of ocular neovascularization. ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION OF RETROVIRAL CARDIOPATHOLOGYRONALD WATSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..The treatments that found to prevent cytokine dysregulation and cardiotoxicitiy in retrovirally infected mice will then be applicable to reducing heart disease in HIV infected patients (End of Abstract) ..
- Thrombospondin-1 in prostate development and neoplasiaSusan Crawford; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from these experiments should establish the function of TSP-1 in prostatic growth regulation and determine how TSP-1 may be useful as a prognostic indicator or as a treatment for prostatic diseases. ..
- Anterior Uveal Dendritic CellsJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will clarify the function of the immune system within the eye and may suggest novel therapeutic approaches in the treatment of uveitis. ..
- Therapy of thrombocytopenic disorders by chemokinesShahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2007..being evaluated in phase I clinical trials, would provide the platform for assessing the role of these agents in amelioration and rapid restoration of thrombocytopenia Induced by chemotherapy and irradiation [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polymer Carrier for Ischemia-Inducible Gene TherapyDavid Bull; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Micro-Thickness Collagen Membranes in Tissue EngineeringRobert Vernon; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, data from this work will serve as a foundation for further development of TEBVs. Accordingly, this application is well suited to the purpose of the R21 mechanism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- P53 Based Vaccine for Small Cell Lung CancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 2. Determine the immune modifying effect of immunization and chemotherapy on p53-specific immunity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lymphoid Transformation with Human Herpesvirus 8 K1Felipe Samaniego; Fiscal Year: 2005..By carrying out the plans in this application, the PI will show how a viral gene participates in inducing lymphoma and offer insights into therapy. ..
- SUPPRESSION OF VASCULAR GROWTHLuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that results from these experiments will shed light into the biology of tumor growth and angiogenesis. ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY RESEARCH TRAINING GRANTFrank Sellke; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is anticipated that this program in cardiovascular surgery research training will help the specialty continue to train outstanding academic surgeons in times of financial, clinical, and educational uncertainty. ..
- Subconjunctival Route to Prolong Corticosteroid DeliveryUday Kompella; Fiscal Year: 2005..Based on this study, the PI will submit an RO-l proposal to assess subconjunctival budesonide-PLGA particles for the therapy of posterior segment disorders associated with inflammation and/or VEGF elevation. ..
- ADENOVIRAL VECTORS FOR DELIVERY OF ANGIOGENIC CYTOKINESHAROLD DVORAK; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 2. Elucidate the mechanisms by which mother vessels evolve into daughter vessels. Aim 3. Generate normal blood vessels with mixtures of primary and secondary cytokines. ..
- Epigallocatechin gallate, Prostate cancer & AngiogenesisMyoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment of lung cancerDerick Lau; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal is to develop these peptide ligands as molecularly targeted therapy for lung cancer. 4. To recruit and train hematology and oncology specialists in clinical research of cancer therapy. ..
- CELL SUBPOPULATIONS IN THE PRIMATE CORPUS LUTEUMRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2001..Overall, the proposed research may have relevance to an understanding of certain ovarian disorders such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and luteal phase defects where microvasculature growth may be disrupted. ..
- Effects of the Angiopoietins on Tie 2 DownregulationChristopher Kontos; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Systems Biology of Angiogenesis: from Molecules to TherapyBRIAN ANNEX; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference on Angiogenesis in Cancer and Other DiseasesRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting's synthesis of available information will be particularly thought-provoking for students and post- doctoral fellows. ..