Genomes and Genes
Summary: Angiostatic proteins that are formed from proteolytic cleavage of COLLAGEN TYPE XVIII.
Publications306 found, 100 shown here
- Antiangiogenesis in cancer therapy--endostatin and its mechanisms of actionJudah Folkman
Children s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
Exp Cell Res 312:594-607. 2006....
- Endostatin: an endogenous inhibitor of angiogenesis and tumor growthM S O'Reilly
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 88:277-85. 1997..Together with angiostatin data, these findings validate a strategy for identifying endogenous angiogenesis inhibitors, suggest a theme of fragments of proteins as angiogenesis inhibitors, and demonstrate dormancy therapy...
- Endostatin inhibits lymph node metastasis by a down-regulation of the vascular endothelial growth factor C expression in tumor cellsShunsuke Fukumoto
Maxillofacial Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dental Science, Kyushu University, 1 1 Maidashi 3 chome, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Clin Exp Metastasis 22:31-8. 2005..These findings suggested that endostatin inhibited lymphangiogenesis and lymph node metastasis by suppressing the production of VEGF-C in tumor cells...
- Lack of collagen XVIII/endostatin results in eye abnormalitiesNaomi Fukai
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO J 21:1535-44. 2002..The findings provide an explanation for high myopia, vitreoretinal degeneration and retinal detachment seen in patients with Knobloch syndrome caused by loss-of-function mutations in collagen XVIII...
- Endostatin is a potential inhibitor of Wnt signalingJun Ichi Hanai
Department of Medicine and Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment, Division of Nephrology, Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Cell Biol 158:529-39. 2002....
- The NC1/endostatin domain of Caenorhabditis elegans type XVIII collagen affects cell migration and axon guidanceB D Ackley
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Cell Biol 152:1219-32. 2001..These results indicate that the cle-1 NC1/ES domain regulates cell and axon migrations in C. elegans...
- Regulation of extracellular matrix compounds involved in angiogenic processes in short- and long-track elite runnersF Suhr
Institute of Training Science and Sport Informatics, German Sport University Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Scand J Med Sci Sports 20:441-8. 2010..In conclusion, regular exercise performance decreases the basal endostatin plasma concentration, facilitates ECM-processing of angiogenic molecules by regular performance, and seems to be dependent on the kind of training...
- Effects of angiogenesis inhibitors on vascular network formation by human endothelial and melanoma cellsDaisy W J van der Schaft
Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, IL 60614 3394, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1473-7. 2004..These findings may contribute to the development of new antivascular therapeutic agents that target both angiogenesis and tumor cell vasculogenic mimicry...
- Endostatin suppresses IGF-II-mediated signaling and invasion of human extravillous trophoblastsJürgen Pollheimer
Medical University of Vienna, Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Maternal Medicine, Reproductive Biology Unit, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Endocrinology 152:4431-42. 2011..In conclusion, the data suggest that endostatin could be a physiological inhibitor of IGF-II-dependent trophoblast cell motility by suppressing focal adhesion kinase/Akt/mammalian target of rapamycin/p70 S6 kinase signaling...
- Endostatin induces autophagy in endothelial cells by modulating Beclin 1 and beta-catenin levelsTri Minh Bui Nguyen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:3687-98. 2009..Thus, interfering with autophagy can potentiate the effects of endostatin by promoting a switch to apoptosis...
- Angiogenic growth factors and endostatin in non-Hodgkin's lymphomaF Bertolini
Haematology Oncology, IRCCS European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Br J Haematol 106:504-9. 1999..Our data suggest that b-FGF and, particularly, VEGF might be considered prognostic factors in NHL staging and management...
- Generation and degradation of human endostatin proteins by various proteinasesM Ferreras
OSTEOPRO and Center for Clinical and Basic Research Herlev Ballerup, Herlev, Denmark
FEBS Lett 486:247-51. 2000..None correspond to mouse endostatin. However, the efficiencies of these proteinases differed markedly. Some proteinases also proved to degrade endostatin, pointing to another regulatory loop of angiogenesis...
- RANKL and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) induce osteoclast chemotaxis through an ERK1/2-dependent mechanismKim Henriksen
Nordic Bioscience, Herlev DK 2730, Denmark
J Biol Chem 278:48745-53. 2003..Taken together, these results show that RANKL and VEGF, in addition to their role in osteoclast differentiation and activation of resorption, are important components of the processes regulating osteoclast chemotaxis...
- Effects of short-term vibration and hypoxia during high-intensity cycling exercise on circulating levels of angiogenic regulators in humansFrank Suhr
Institute of Training Science and Sport Informatics, German Sport Univ Cologne, Koln, Germany
J Appl Physiol (1985) 103:474-83. 2007..In conclusion, the results support the contention that mechanical stimuli differentially influence factors involved in the induction of angiogenesis. These findings may contribute to a broader understanding of angiogenesis...
- Local endostatin treatment of gliomas administered by microencapsulated producer cellsT A Read
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Norway
Nat Biotechnol 19:29-34. 2001..The present work may thus provide the basis for new therapeutic approaches toward brain tumors...
- Endostatin overexpression inhibits lymphangiogenesis and lymph node metastasis in miceGaelle Brideau
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter Oulu and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Cancer Res 67:11528-35. 2007....
- Clinical studies of angiogenesis inhibitors: the University of Texas MD Anderson Center Trial of Human EndostatinR S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Box 80, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 3:131-40. 2001..This article defines the general principles of anti-angiogenic drug action and explains how these principles have been used to design a phase I trial of human endostatin...
- Combining antiangiogenic therapy with immunotherapy exerts better therapeutical effects on large tumors in a woodchuck hepatoma modelKai Wen Huang
Hepatitis Research Center, Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14769-74. 2010..Our study implies that in the future, the combination therapy may prove effective for the treatment of patients with advanced HCC...
- Influence of endostatin on embryonic vasculo- and angiogenesisAnnette Schmidt
Department of Molecular and Cellular Sport Medicine, German Sport University Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Dev Dyn 230:468-80. 2004..Endostatin modulates the embryonic vascular development by enhancing proliferation, migration, and apoptosis as well as by regulating morphogenesis...
- Endostar, a recombined humanized endostatin, enhances the radioresponse for human nasopharyngeal carcinoma and human lung adenocarcinoma xenografts in miceQing Lian Wen
State Key Laboratory Biotherapy, Cancer Center, West China Hospital, West China School of Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cancer Sci 100:1510-9. 2009..These data provided a rational basis for clinical practice of this multimodality therapy...
- Antiangiogenic therapy: a novel approach to overcome tumor hypoxiaFang Peng
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, P R China
Chin J Cancer 29:715-20. 2010..In this review, we discuss tumor hypoxia, tumor angiogenesis and its regulation, mechanisms of antiangiogenic therapy combined with radiation therapy, and how antiangiogenic therapy overcomes tumor hypoxia...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of intratumoral injection of an adenovirus encoding endostatin in patients with advanced tumorsH L Li
State Key Laboratory for Oncology in South China, Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Center of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Gene Ther 15:247-56. 2008..9 pg ml(-1) after 28 days of first treatment. Thus, direct intratumoral injection of up to 10(12) vp of E10A to patients is well tolerated and further studies are necessary to define and increase clinical efficacy...
- Targeted delivery of an antibody-mutant human endostatin fusion protein results in enhanced antitumor efficacySeung Uon Shin
Department of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1475 N W 12th Avenue D8 4 Miami, FL 33136, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:603-14. 2011....
- Inhibition of T-type Ca²⁺ channels by endostatin attenuates human glioblastoma cell proliferation and migrationYuan Zhang
The Special Procurement Ward and Department of Neurology, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Br J Pharmacol 166:1247-60. 2012..We hypothesized that this peptide could interact with plasma membrane ion channels and modulate their functions...
- Exercise increases endostatin in circulation of healthy volunteersJian Wei Gu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
BMC Physiol 4:2. 2004..We hypothesize that exercise can elevate the circulatory endostatin level. Hence, exercise can protect against one of the mechanisms of atherosclerosis...
- Role of anti-angiogenic factor endostatin in the pathogenesis of experimental ulcerative colitisGanna Tolstanova
Diagnostic and Molecular Medicine, Health Care Group, VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA, USA
Life Sci 88:74-81. 2011..Thus, we hypothesized that the potent anti-angiogenic factor endostatin might play a beneficial role in experimental ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- The effect of intracellular protein delivery on the anti-tumor activity of recombinant human endostatinJunghee Lim
ProCell R and D Institute, ProCell Therapeutics, Inc, Seoul 151 050, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 34:6261-71. 2013..This study will inform future efforts to understand ES function(s) and suggest strategies for improving ES-based cancer therapeutics...
- Endostatin blocks vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated signaling via direct interaction with KDR/Flk-1Young Mi Kim
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:27872-9. 2002..Our findings suggest that a direct interaction of endostatin with KDR/Flk-1 may be involved in the inhibitory function of endostatin toward VEGF actions and responsible for its potent anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor activities in vivo...
- Anti-angiogenic activity of human endostatin is HIF-1-independent in vitro and sensitive to timing of treatment in a human saphenous vein assayGordon R Macpherson
Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory, Laboratory of Receptor Biology and Gene Expression, and Cell and Cancer Biology Branch and Vascular Biology Faculty, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 2:845-54. 2003..In view of this in vitro data, we suggest that clinical trials involving endostatin treatment of late-stage disease may not adequately represent the efficacy of this drug in early-stage cancer...
- Endostatin binds tropomyosin. A potential modulator of the antitumor activity of endostatinN J Macdonald
EntreMed, Inc, 9640 Medical Center Dr, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Biol Chem 276:25190-6. 2001..We postulate that the Endostatin interaction with tropomyosin results in disruption of microfilament integrity leading to inhibition of cell motility, induction of apoptosis, and ultimately inhibition of tumor growth...
- Endostatin gene variation and protein levels in breast cancer susceptibility and severitySabapathy P Balasubramanian
Academic Surgical Oncology Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
BMC Cancer 7:107. 2007..Endostatin protein expression on a breast cancer micro array was also studied to determine any relationship to genotype and to breast cancer prognosis...
- A polymorphism in endostatin, an angiogenesis inhibitor, predisposes for the development of prostatic adenocarcinomaP Iughetti
Centro de Estudos do Genoma Humano, Departamento de Biologia, Instituto de Biociencias, USP, Sao Paulo 05508 900, Brasil
Cancer Res 61:7375-8. 2001....
- Antitumor activity of endostatin against carcinogen-induced rat primary mammary tumorsG Perletti
Dipartimento di Biologia Strutturale e Funzionale, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
Cancer Res 60:1793-6. 2000..It not only stops the growth of existing tumors but also decreases the incidence of the development of multiple neoplastic lesions...
- Talc mediates angiostasis in malignant pleural effusions via endostatin inductionN Nasreen
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Dept of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Eur Respir J 29:761-9. 2007..Functional improvement following talc poudrage in patients with malignant pleural effusions may, in part, reflect these alterations in the pleural space...
- Continuous administration of endostatin by intraperitoneally implanted osmotic pump improves the efficacy and potency of therapy in a mouse xenograft tumor modelO Kisker
Division of Surgical Research, Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 61:7669-74. 2001..On the basis of this approach, an additional clinical trial has been designed and initiated and is under way in two countries...
- Adeno-associated virus 2-mediated antiangiogenic cancer gene therapy: long-term efficacy of a vector encoding angiostatin and endostatin over vectors encoding a single factorSelvarangan Ponnazhagan
Department of Pathology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Cancer Res 64:1781-7. 2004....
- Inhibition of corneal neovascularization with endostatin delivered by adeno-associated viral (AAV) vector in a mouse corneal injury modelLi Ju Lai
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, 333, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 14:313-22. 2007..We concluded that the rAAV was capable of directly delivering genes to the ocular surface epithelium by way of subconjunctival injection and was able to deliver sustained, high levels of gene expression in vivo to inhibit angiogenesis...
- Adeno-associated virus-mediated gene transfer of endostatin inhibits angiogenesis and tumor growth in vivoWenyin Shi
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 9:513-21. 2002..This endostatin level was sufficient to inhibit tumor cell-induced angiogenesis and to suppress both the initiation and subsequent growth of a human colorectal cancer model...
- Endostatin inhibits adhesion of endothelial cells to collagen I via alpha(2)beta(1) integrin, a possible cause of prevention of chondrosarcoma growthTakayuki Furumatsu
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 700 8558, Japan
J Biochem 131:619-26. 2002..We propose here that endostatin might be effective for anti-angiogenic therapy for human chondrosarcomas through the suppression of alpha(2)beta(1) integrin functions in endothelial cells...
- A 27-amino-acid synthetic peptide corresponding to the NH2-terminal zinc-binding domain of endostatin is responsible for its antitumor activityRobert M Tjin Tham Sjin
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 65:3656-63. 2005..This peptide contains three histidines that are responsible for zinc binding. Mutations of the zinc-binding histidines abolished its antitumor and antimigration activities, but not antipermeability properties...
- Gene transfer of matrix metalloproteinase-9 induces tumor regression of breast cancer in vivoChristina Bendrik
Linkoping University, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Cancer Res 68:3405-12. 2008..This is the first report showing that overexpression of MMP-9 results in increased generation of antiangiogenic fragments, decreased angiogenesis, and therapeutic effects of established breast cancer...
- High level expression of human endostatin in Pichia pastoris using a synthetic gene constructZhijian Su
School of Pharmaceutical Science, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, 325035, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 73:1355-62. 2007..pastoris using artificial synthetic gene of preference in P. pastoris was able to inhibit the acidic fibroblast growth factor-induced proliferation of endothelial cells in vitro...
- Phase I clinical trial of recombinant human endostatin administered as a short intravenous infusion repeated dailyJoseph P Eder
Division of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3772-84. 2002..To perform a phase I trial of recombinant human endostatin (rhEndostatin; EntreMed, Rockville, MD) given as a daily 20-minute intravenous (IV) injection in adult patients with refractory solid tumors...
- Endostatin and angiostatin are increased in diabetic patients with coronary artery disease and associated with impaired coronary collateral formationNeel R Sodha
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H428-34. 2009..These findings offer potential new therapeutic targets for enhancing proangiogenic therapy and insight into the angiogenic impairments seen in diabetes...
- Molecular interplay between endostatin, integrins, and heparan sulfateClément Faye
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, UMR 5086 CNRS University Lyon 1, IFR 128 Biosciences Gerland Lyon Sud, 7 passage du Vercors, 69367 Lyon Cedex 07, France
J Biol Chem 284:22029-40. 2009..5 nM). The direct binding between integrins and heparin/heparan sulfate might explain why both heparan sulfate and alpha5beta1 integrin are required for the localization of endostatin in endothelial cell lipid rafts...
- Angiogenesis and tumor metastasisB R Zetter
Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Med 49:407-24. 1998..Such agents may have reduced toxicity and be less likely to generate drug resistance than conventional cytotoxic drugs. Clinical trials are now underway to develop optimum treatment strategies for antiangiogenic agents...
- Endostatin inhibits the growth of endometriotic lesions but does not affect fertilityChristian M Becker
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Fertil Steril 84:1144-55. 2005..To determine whether endometriosis can be treated with the angiogenesis inhibitor endostatin and the effect of this treatment on fertility and reproduction...
- Endostar, a novel recombinant human endostatin, exerts antiangiogenic effect via blocking VEGF-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of KDR/Flk-1 of endothelial cellsYun Ling
Department of Physiology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:79-84. 2007..Collectively, these data indicated the relationship between endostar and VEGF signal pathways and provided a molecular basis for the antiangiogenic effects of endostar...
- The N-terminal integrity is critical for the stability and biological functions of endostatinYan Fu
National Engineering Laboratory for Anti tumor Protein Therapeutics, Beijing Key Laboratory of Protein Therapeutics, and Cancer Biology Laboratory, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, P R China
Biochemistry 49:6420-9. 2010....
- Angiostatin and endostatin inhibit endothelial cell migration in response to FGF and VEGF without interfering with specific intracellular signal transduction pathwaysKerstin Eriksson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Rudbeck Laboratory, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS Lett 536:19-24. 2003..We conclude that angiostatin and endostatin inhibit chemotaxis, without affecting intracellular signalling pathways known to regulate endothelial migration and proliferation/survival...
- Endostatin peptide, an inhibitor of angiogenesis, prevents the progression of peritoneal sclerosis in a mouse experimental modelK Tanabe
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Kidney Int 71:227-38. 2007..These results demonstrate the potential use of antiangiogenic endostatin peptide as a novel therapeutic agent in preventing peritoneal sclerosis, a severe complication in patients undergoing long-term PD...
- Process in the mechanisms of endostatin combined with radiotherapyHong Qing Zhuang
Department of Radiotherapy, Tianjin Cancer Institute and Hospital, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin, PR China
Cancer Lett 282:9-13. 2009..Endostatin in combination with RT has feasibility; but it also has lots of problems. Further understanding of the mechanisms is needed...
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy of paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with endostar for advanced non-small cell lung cancerBaohui Han
Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Thorac Oncol 6:1104-9. 2011..This study is to explore the clinical efficacy of endostar plus paclitaxel-carboplatin (TC) in advanced NSCLC patients...
- Radiation-enhanced endostatin gene expression and effects of combination treatmentXian Luo
Department of Radiation Medicine, Chan Shun Pavilion, Room A 1010, 11175 Campus Street, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 4:193-202. 2005..05 or less compared to all other groups). No toxicity was observed. These findings are very promising and suggest that endostatin therapy with a plasmid vector, such as pXLG-mEndo, may enhance the efficacy of radiotherapy for lung cancer...
- Development of biologic markers of response and assessment of antiangiogenic activity in a clinical trial of human recombinant endostatinRoy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic and Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3804-14. 2002..We present the initial results of a dose-finding clinical trial of recombinant human endostatin (rh-Endo) that examined potential surrogates for response to antiangiogenic therapy...
- Endostatin associates with integrin alpha5beta1 and caveolin-1, and activates Src via a tyrosyl phosphatase-dependent pathway in human endothelial cellsSara A Wickström
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute and University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Res 62:5580-9. 2002..In addition, the antimigratory effect of endostatin involves phosphatase-dependent Src activation and impaired cell-matrix interactions...
- Dual targeting of tumor angiogenesis and chemotherapy by endostatin-cytosine deaminase-uracil phosphoribosyltransferaseChun Te Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:1327-36. 2011..Together, these findings suggest that EndoCD/5-FC could become an alternative option for future antiangiogenesis therapy...
- Enhanced antitumour efficacy by combining conventional chemotherapy with angiostatin or endostatin in a liver metastasis modelE A te Velde
Department of Surgery and Laboratory of Medical Oncology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 89:1302-9. 2002..The efficacy of a combination of conventional chemotherapy with a potent angiogenesis inhibitor (endostatin or angiostatin) in a murine model of early colorectal liver metastasis was studied...
- E10A, an adenovirus-carrying endostatin gene, dramatically increased the tumor drug concentration of metronomic chemotherapy with low-dose cisplatin in a xenograft mouse model for head and neck squamous-cell carcinomaZ Adhim
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Cancer Gene Ther 19:144-52. 2012..Importantly, E10A increased the platinum concentrations in tumors to fivefold higher than that induced by cisplatin alone...
- Human tumstatin and human endostatin exhibit distinct antiangiogenic activities mediated by alpha v beta 3 and alpha 5 beta 1 integrinsAkulapalli Sudhakar
Program in Matrix Biology, Department of Medicine and Cancer Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4766-71. 2003..Collectively, such distinct properties of human tumstatin and human endostatin provide the first insight into their diverse antiangiogenic actions and argue for combining them for targeting tumor angiogenesis...
- Cancer therapy. Setbacks for endostatinEliot Marshall
Science 295:2198-9. 2002
- Recombinant human endostatin, Endostar, enhances the effects of chemo-radiotherapy in a mouse cervical cancer xenograft modelY Jia
Oncology Department, Hebei General Hospital, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 32:316-24. 2011..The effects of recombinant human endostatin, Endostar, combined with concurrent chemo-radiotherapy (CCRT) on tumor growth, angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in a mouse xenograft model of cervical cancer was investigated...
- Tumor suppression by p53 is mediated in part by the antiangiogenic activity of endostatin and tumstatinJudah Folkman
Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Sci STKE 2006:pe35. 2006..Thus, p53 guards the genome from cancer by controlling the three fundamental processes that are critical for growth of a primary tumor and its metastases-tumor cell proliferation, apoptosis, and tumor angiogenesis...
- The promoter of the long variant of collagen XVIII, the precursor of endostatin, contains liver-specific regulatory elementsJ Lietard
Detoxication and Tissue Repair Unit, INSERM U 456, Universite de Rennes I, France
Hepatology 32:1377-85. 2000..Consequently, the precursor of endostatin might be differently expressed according to the differentiated and/or transformed state of hepatocytes...
- Long-Term toxicity studies in Canine of E10A, an adenoviral vector for human endostatin geneBi Jun Huang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Hum Gene Ther 18:207-21. 2007....
- Successful inhibition of intracranial human glioblastoma multiforme xenograft growth via systemic adenoviral delivery of soluble endostatin and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2: laboratory investigationOszkar Szentirmai
Department of Genetics, Harvard Institutes of Medicine and Harvard Medical School, and Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Neurosurg 108:979-88. 2008....
- Bioactivity and stability analysis of endostatin purified from fermentation supernatant of 293 cells transfected with Ad/rhEndoZhihui Liang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Protein Expr Purif 56:205-11. 2007..Moreover, ArhEndo is of higher stability than YrhEndo. These results suggested that purification of recombinant endostatin from fermentation supernatant provided an economic and available strategy for Ad/rhEndo production...
- Combined antiangiogenic therapy is superior to single inhibitors in a model of renal cell carcinomaGeorg Bartsch
Department of Urology, University Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Urol 179:326-32. 2008..Therefore, we investigated the effects of a combination of endogenous inhibitors using endostatin, soluble neuropilin-1 and thrombospondin-2 in a renal cell carcinoma model...
- Endostatin associates with lipid rafts and induces reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton via down-regulation of RhoA activitySara A Wickström
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 278:37895-901. 2003..These observations provide a cell biological mechanism, which plausibly explains the anti-angiogenic mechanisms of endostatin in vivo...
- Inhibitory effect of radiotherapy combined with weekly recombinant human endostatin on the human pulmonary adenocarcinoma A549 xenografts in nude miceXiao Dong Jiang
Graduate School, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300021, China
Lung Cancer 72:165-71. 2011..Short-term application (1 week) of RHES is beneficial to clinical practice...
- Dynamic distribution and expression in vivo of human endostatin gene delivered by adenoviral vectorGuo An He
State Key Laboratory of Tumors, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, PR China
Life Sci 77:1331-40. 2005..These results suggest that endostatin gene delivered by adenoviral vector can generate a high expression in vivo, and both the metabolism pathways of Ad-rhE DNAs and endostatin in vivo are through the systems of livers...
- The role of collagen-derived proteolytic fragments in angiogenesisA G Marneros
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Matrix Biol 20:337-45. 2001..Furthermore, NC1 domain fragments of the most abundant basement membrane collagen, type IV collagen, have been shown to inhibit induced vessel growth...
- Antiangiogenic treatment with endostatin inhibits progression of AML in vivoG Schuch
Department of Medicine, Oncology and Hematology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Leukemia 19:1312-7. 2005..Taken together, ES has inhibitory effects on neo-angiogenesis in the bone marrow and on progression of leukemia in vivo. These experiments suggest a possible therapeutic role of antiangiogenic gene therapy with ES in AML...
- Compounds in clinical Phase III and beyondTorsten Kessler
Department of Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, University of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse, 33, 48129, Munster, Germany
Recent Results Cancer Res 180:137-63. 2010..In this chapter we try to give an overview of the substances currently investigated in Phase III studies and beyond with regard to antiangiogenesis in cancer therapy...
- Recombinant human endostatin improves anti-tumor efficacy of paclitaxel by normalizing tumor vasculature in Lewis lung carcinomaGuichun Huang
Medical Oncology Department of Jinling Hospital, Medical School of Nanjing University, 305 ZhongShan Eastern Road, Nanjing, 210002, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1201-11. 2010....
- The methods for determining the purity and in vitro or in vivo activity of recombinant human endostatinHong Ying Zhang
Department of Biological Science and Technology and the State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Cancer Biol Ther 4:207-12. 2005..The bioactivity of rhEndostatin can be measured through detection the proliferation-inhibition on HUVECs transfectants with hVEGF in vitro or on H22 liver tumor in vivo...
- Opposite effects of endostatin on different endothelial cellsAnnette Schmidt
Department of Molecular and Cellular Sport Medicine, German Sport University, Carl Diem Weg 6, Cologne 50933, Germany
Cancer Biol Ther 3:1162-6; discussion 1167-8. 2004..Furthermore the cell biological response at lower concentration on angiogenic eESC gives evidence for an angiogenic modulatory rather than a predicted anti-angiogenic role of endostatin...
- Metastasis and angiogenesisMatthias Kirsch
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurochirurgie, Technische Universitat Dresden, Germany
Cancer Treat Res 117:285-304. 2004..Several lines of evidence suggest that growth inhibition of remote glioma cells may be mediated by an endogenous inhibitory mechanism...
- Increased serum levels of endostatin in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisMasaaki Sumi
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
J Clin Lab Anal 19:146-9. 2005..0001). Elevated serum levels of endostatin were observed in patients with IPF. Although the mechanisms are unclear, elevated serum levels of endostatin may be related to the fibrosing process in the lung...
- Secreted cathepsin L generates endostatin from collagen XVIIIU Felbor
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO J 19:1187-94. 2000..We propose that cleavage within collagen XVIII's protease-sensitive region evolved to regulate excessive proteolysis in conditions of induced angiogenesis...
- Corneal neovascularizationJ H Chang
Schepens Eye Research Institute and the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 12:242-9. 2001..quot;..
- Endostar, a modified endostatin inhibits non small cell lung cancer cell in vitro invasion through osteopontin-related mechanismQinggui Ni
Department of Pharmacology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Eur J Pharmacol 614:1-6. 2009..Tumor cell invasion is important for tumor metastasis, our findings suggest that it is probably a good strategy to put Endostar into treatment of NSCLC metastasis...
- A randomized phase II study of recombinant human endostatin plus gemcitabine/cisplatin compared with gemcitabine/cisplatin alone as first-line therapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerXin Zhao
The Department of Medical Oncology, Sichuan Cancer Hospital, No 55, Ren Min Nan Road, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041, China
Invest New Drugs 30:1144-9. 2012..This study assessed the efficacy of the combination of standard gemcitabine plus cisplatin chemotherapy with rh-endostatin in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Cellular actions and signaling by endostatinRamani Ramchandran
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine and Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 12:175-91. 2002..This review summarizes recent advances in endostatin biology and highlights new results on the cellular and subcellular mechanisms of endostatin action...
- A prospective analysis of plasma endostatin levels in colorectal cancer patients with liver metastasesA L Feldman
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:741-5. 2001..Elevated endostatin levels during follow-up are associated with disease progression. Understanding the role of endogenous endostatin in cancer patients may lead to novel strategies to inhibit tumor angiogenesis...
- Endostatin inhibits tumour lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasis via cell surface nucleolin on lymphangiogenic endothelial cellsWei Zhuo
National Engineering Laboratory for Anti Tumour Protein Therapeutics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Pathol 222:249-60. 2010....
- Endostar, a recently introduced recombinant human endostatin, inhibits proliferation and migration through regulating growth factors, adhesion factors and inflammatory mediators in choroid-retinal endothelial cellsWen Xu
Eye Center, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Medical School, Zhejiang University, 310009, Hangzhou, China
Mol Biol (Mosk) 44:664-70. 2010..These findings reveal an integrated role of Endostar in the program of retinal vascular control and highlight its significant potential for broad clinical application...
- [Short-term therapeutic effect and safety of endostar combined with XELIRI regimen in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer]Wang Jun Liao
Department of Oncology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:813-4. 2010..To evaluate the short-term efficacy and toxicity of endostar in combination with XELIRI as the second-line treatment for advanced colorectal cancer...
- Hypoxia-induced increase of endostatin in murine aorta and lungRenate Paddenberg
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Justus Liebig University, 35385, Giessen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 125:497-508. 2006..The surprising finding of increased endostatin in the lung presumably contributes to the development of pulmonary hypertension by reduction of angiogenesis...
- Serum levels of angiogenin, basic fibroblast growth factor and endostatin in patients receiving intensive chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemiaNils Glenjen
Section for Hematology, Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital and the University of Bergen, Norway
Int J Cancer 101:86-94. 2002..Our results suggest that intensive chemotherapy can modulate the systemic component of angiogenic regulation in AML patients...
- Endostar suppresses invasion through downregulating the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2/9 in MDA-MB-435 human breast cancer cellsNa Lu
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Intervention, China Pharmaceutical University, 210009 Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:1013-20. 2008..Additionally, endostar exerted an inhibitory effect on the phosphorylation of ERK1/2. Collectively, these data provided a molecular basis for the anti-invasive effects of endostar...
- Endostar combined with chemotherapy for treatment of metastatic colorectal and gastric cancer: a pilot studyJian Feng Zhou
Department of Medical Oncology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 124:4299-303. 2011..This pilot study aimed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the combination of Endostar and chemotherapy in patients with metastatic colorectal and gastric cancers...
- Differential effects of angiostatin, endostatin and interferon-alpha(1) gene transfer on in vivo growth of human breast cancer cellsS Indraccolo
IST Viral and Molecular Oncology Section Padova, Padova, Italy
Gene Ther 9:867-78. 2002..These findings indicate heterogeneity in the therapeutic efficacy of angiostatic molecules delivered by viral vectors and suggest that gene therapy with IFN-alpha(1) and endostatin might be useful for treatment of breast cancer...
- [Intravenous delivery of cationic liposomes conjugation to recombinant adenoviral vectors containing human endostatin gene inhibits ovarian cancer growth in nude mice]Li Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:190-4. 2009..To evaluate the anticancer effect of liposome plus Ad-Endostatin complex on human ovarian serous cystocarcinoma...
- Endostar, a recombined humanized endostatin, inhibits lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasis of Lewis lung carcinoma xenograft in miceX Dong
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Second Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, China
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 59:133-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of Endostar, a recombined humanized endostatin, on lymphatic tumor growth, lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasis of Lewis lung carcinoma (LLC) xenograft in mice...
- A polymorphism in the angiogenesis inhibitor, endostatin, in sporadic colorectal adenocarcinomaHelvia Nascimento
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:499-501. 2004
- Assocation of endostatin D104N with leukemiaTa Chih Liu
Division of Hemato Oncology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 19:1-5. 2003..No patients were homozygous 4349A. Similar frequencies of endostatin polymorphisms were observed in leukemic patients and normal controls. This suggests that the endostatin polymorphism is not associated with the risk of leukemia...
- Endostatin gene therapy for liver cancer by a recombinant adenovirus deliveryLi Li
Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 651 Dongfeng Road East, Guangzhou 510060, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:1867-71. 2004..To investigate the expression of adenovirus-mediated human endostatin (Ad/hEndo) gene transfer and its effect on the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) BEL-7402 xenografted tumors...
- Endostatin exhibits a direct antitumor effect in addition to its antiangiogenic activity in colon cancer cellsFatima Dkhissi
U553 INSERM, Institut d Hematologie, Universite Paris 7, Hopital Saint Louis, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Hum Gene Ther 14:997-1008. 2003..Thus, endostatin could be used in some colon cancer treatments and its clinical efficacy would depend on the response of tumor cells themselves...
- Therapeutic effects of recombinant human endostatin adenovirus in a mouse model of malignant pleural effusionFang Fang
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, 610041 Chengdu, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1149-57. 2009..The present study was designed to test whether the recombinant adenovirus-mediated delivery of human endostatin (Ad-hEndo), one of the potent inhibitors of angiogenesis, would inhibit the formation and progression of MPE...
- A polymorphism in the angiogenesis inhibitor, endostatin, in multiple myelomaManoela M Ortega
Leuk Res 27:93-4. 2003
- Gene-Engineered and Targeted Stem Cell Therapy for MyelomaSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of these studies will allow us to initiate phase-1 human clinical trials. ..
- Homocysteine and Angiotensin II in Renovascular RemodelingUtpal Sen; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular mechanism of antiangiogenic properties of gold nanoparticlePriyabrata Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2013..This mode of administration will not only block the angiogenesis but also sensitize the tumor cells to chemotherapy due to the normalization of tumor vasculature. ..
- COLLAGEN GENE STRUCTURE AND EXPRESSIONBjorn Reino Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Chemoprevention of Head &Neck Cancer Using Controlled Release PolymersSusan R Mallery; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Microfibril Fragments: Biomarkers of Aortic DiseaseLynn Y Sakai; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to meet this Challenge by testing whether circulating microfibril fragments can serve as biomarkers to reliably profile and monitor aneurysmal disease and identify aneurysms that are prone to dissection or rupture. ..
- Inflammation, fibrosis and myocardial function in schlerodermaDorothee Weihrauch; Fiscal Year: 2012..Based on preliminary data we will use an ApoAl mimetic, D-4F, to improve fibrosis, myocardial function and heart failure. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Impaired Angiogenesis in Aging Gastric MucosaAndrzej S Tarnawski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Impaired angiogenesis is a key factor in delayed healing, morbidity and mortality. The central topic of our project is angiogenesis, a critical requirement for "wound healing", which is one of the VA priority areas. ..
- Combining Anti-Angiogenesis Strategies and RadiotherapyDietmar W Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2012..Experiments are designed to investigate the mechanisms underlying the interaction between such therapies and to develop approaches that would maximize the anti-tumor efficacy of such combined treatments. ..
- Inhibition of VEGF receptor dimerization and signaling in corneal lymphangiogenesJin Hong Chang; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- CYTOKINES CONVERT EPITHELIAL PRECURSORS TO NEPHRONSJonathan M Barasch; Fiscal Year: 2010..We apply the basic ideas and tools of cell biologyto define the course of polarization and establish a fluorescent polarity mouse to evaluate the entire transition form mesenchyme to epithelia. ..
- Tropomyosin in the antiangiogenic activity of HKaKeith McCrae; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ENDOSTATIN RECEPTOR CDNA CLONING AND IONIC SIGNALINGSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2001..3. To determine the molecular basis of pH-signaling by endostatin and (time permitting) angiostatin. ..
- Leptospira interrogans Len adhesinsBrian Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The aim of this project is to characterize a family of six leptospiral proteins we found to interact with human immune system regulators and extracellular matrix components, and may therefore play important roles in human leptospirosis. ..
- ANTI-ANGIOGENIC GENE THERAPY FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISNoriyuki Kasahara; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism of mutant TIMP-3 induced neovascularizationMichael Tolentino; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific aim 3: To develop and test gene vectors expressing inhibitors of angiogenesis (angiostatin, endostatin, PEDF) and test their ability to inhibit subretinal neovascularization in the mutant transgenic mouse. ..
- ANTI ANGIOGENIC ACTIVITY OF CLEAVED HMW KININOGENKeith McCrae; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide new information concerning the physiologic regulation of angiogenesis, and may lead to identification of new antiangiogenic agents. ..
- ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITORS: A MECHANISM OF ACTIONErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study may provide important information on the mechanism of action of a class of angiogenesis inhibitors, information that may prove helpful in designing clinical trials for these compounds. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TARGETED DELIVERY OF GENES TO ANGIOGENIC VASCULATURERenata Pasqualini; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given that our peptides also target angiogenic vasculature in the retina, these advances are also likely to extend the potential for neovasculature-specific gene therapy targeting to other diseases involving angiogenesis. ..
- Heparin like Glycosaminoglycan OligosaccharidesRam Sasisekharan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Similar technologies for DNA and proteins include things like gene chips that have revolutionized the study of these molecules. We hope advancements, like out technology, will do the same thing for HLGAGs. ..
- TUMOR PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITIONWilliam Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002..Favorable and/or antagonistic interactions revealed by these studies can guide their combined clinical use and should elucidate the role of angiogenesis and tumor cell killing in tumor response to radiation therapy. ..
- ANTI-ANGIOGENESIS GENE THERAPY FOR DE NOVO TUMORSTerry van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Collagen XVIII in Corneal NeovascularizationJin Hong Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The study of endostatin and MMP-7 in the cornea may provide valuable information about their possible clinical significance in corneal neovascularization and wound healing. ..
- GENE THERAPY FOR PROSTATE CANCERSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2007..A successful outcome of these studies will form the basis for the development of Phase I clinical trials. ..
- Treatment of Ocular Neovascularization by InhibitorsPeter Gehlbach; Fiscal Year: 2005..It will also provide me with clinical training to eventually translate the knowledge into new treatments for patients. ..
- Regulation of Angiogenesis by TumstatinRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TYPE XVIII COLLAGEN/ENDOSTATIN FUNCTION IN C ELEGANSJames Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies may suggest possible side effects of endostatin treatment, that should be carefully monitored, and potential means to augment its effectiveness. ..
- Function of FibulinsMon Li Chu; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies will provide insights into the role of fibulins in human disease and the mechanism of cardiovascular development. ..
- WHOLE ANIMAL ASSAY FOR ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITIONWEN SENG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Phase II research will also use the vessel specific mAb based markers to elucidate the mechanisms of angiogenesis. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CUTANEOUS VASCULAR LESIONSJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- OVARIAN CANCER ANTI ANGIOGENIC FACTORVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such agents would be useful not only in tumor therapy, but in other angiogenesis dependent disease states, as well. ..
- LONG ACTING STABILIZED ENDOSTATIN FOR TREATING CANCERMARY ROSENDAHL; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOSTATIC FUNCTION OF HUMAN 16K PROLACTINNira Ben Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOSTATIN ACTION--SIGNALING AND MUTANTSVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Long-Acting Endostatin for Treating CancerMARY ROSENDAHL; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will allow a larger number of patients access to the drug since it is estimated that more than 9 million cancer patients may benefit from anti-angiogenesis therapy. ..
- NOVEL SERPIN INHIBITOR OF ORAL SQUAMOUS CARCINOMARobert Ord; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will aid in correlating the gene transcription profiles, and repertoire of proteins expressed and their activities with functional status of both normal and aberrant cells. ..
- Development of Novel Adenovirus-Lentivirus Hybrid VectorRuth Margalit; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Highly efficient and permanent delivery of therapeutic genes for cancer treatment or gene replacement therapy. ..
- VIRAL VECTORS FOR TARGETED ANTI ANIOGENIC GENE THERAPYTakeshi Sano; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Hyperthermia-mediated gene therapy approach for cancerChuan Yuan Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the end of the new funding cycle, we hope to make significant advancement in both the delivery and the regulation of the hyperthermia-mediated gene therapy approach, thereby making it even closer to clinical human cancer treatment. ..
- TUMOR ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITIION BY SYSTEMIC GENE DELIVERYSteven Dow; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such an approach may be broadly applicable to therapeutic modulation of aniogenesis in general, using genes or combinations of genes that either inhibit or stimulate angiogenesis. ..
- Hypoxia Regulated Gene Therapy for NeovascularizationJanet Blanks; Fiscal Year: 2007..5) Since laser treatment upregulates GFAP, we will determine whether it also activates expression of a reporter gene (GFP) in mice treated with Muller-cell specific vectors (GFAP promoters) (rAAV-GFAP-GFP). ..
- ANGIOGENIC FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH UVEAL MELANOMAArthur S Polans; Fiscal Year: 2002..4. Identify additional angiogenic growth factors (angiopoietin-1) and inhibitors (angiostatin and endostatin) associated with uveal melanoma by RT_PCR, immunoblotting and Northern blot hybridization. ..
- Endogenous Regulators of Plaque AngiogenesisKaren Moulton; Fiscal Year: 2004..Atherosclerotic lesions treated with different angiogenesis inhibitors will be evaluated to determine the functional consequences of these agents on the cell content and turnover of lesions. ..
- Cellular Trans. by Retrotransposon-Adenovirus Hybrid Ve.Noriyuki Kasahara; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF ANGIOGENESIS IN TRANSGENIC TUMORIGENESISJudah Folkman; Fiscal Year: 2004..4. Further develop experimental therapeutic approaches that utilize angiogenesis inhibitors for treatment or prevention of endogenous cancers in transgenic mouse models. ..
- OSTEOCLASTIC PHOSPHOTYROSYL PHOSPHATASE AND RESORPTIONKIN HING LAU; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Chronic Alcohol Consumption Induces Tumor AngiogenesisJian Wei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new information will promote cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Runx specific angiogenesis inhibitorsAntonino Passaniti; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HARVARD PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CENTERMark Kieran; Fiscal Year: 2003..David Louis). In summary, we will bring the full thrust of a Comprehensive Cancer Center and the full services of a pediatric center to enhance the Consortium and our mutual missions. ..
- Regulation of CNS Angiogenesis By GPR124Calvin Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, conditional approaches to GPR124 inactivation will be pursued using adenoviral and conditional knockout strategies, to facilitate the eventual study of GPR124 function in fully adult organisms. ..
- Mechanism of Vascular Remodeling in HyperhomocysteinemiaSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide new insights into the mechanism of arterial remodeling and will have therapeutic ramifications for vessel wall disease. ..
- VEGF-dependent and - Independent Anti-angiogenic TherapyCalvin Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, these humanized receptors will be expressed from regulated adenoviruses to confer an additional degree of safety as a prelude to eventual clinical use. ..
- Borrelia burgdorferi LuxS-mediated quorum sensingBrian Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..burgdorferi and its hosts, as well as identifying potential bacterial targets for improved therapies to prevent and treat Lyme disease. ..
- Endothelial dysfunction in acute renal ischemiaMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Number of publicationsand manuscriptsacceptedfor publication (not to exceed 10) 10 Other items (list): 1. Color illustrations from the grant application 2. Movies - intravital videomicroscopy supplement ..
- Role of Oxidants & Angiogenesis in Kaposi's SarcomaSusan Mallery; Fiscal Year: 2007..Elucidation of these interactions will not only clarify KS pathogenic mechanisms, but will also identify sites for KS therapeutic intervention. ..
- Molecular Mechanism of PARC-Mediated Lung FibrosisSergei Atamas; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Analyze the effects of pulmonary adenovector-mediated gene transfer of PARC on lung fibrosis in intact mouse lung and bleomycin-treated mouse lung. ..
- Novel Transcriptional Regulators of AngiogenesisAntonino Passaniti; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although not a topic of this proposal, the strategies and treatments discovered in this study may also be relevant for the treatment of other diseases that depend on angiogenesis and cause significant health problems. ..
- TUMOR OXYGENATION, VASCULARIZATION, AND RADIORESPONSEBruce Fenton; Fiscal Year: 2009..These results with lead to the more rational and optimal design of effective combined therapies, thereby ultimately accelerating their implementation into clinical protocols. ..
- Analysis of Borrelia Burgdorferi Erp ProteinsBrian Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results of our studies will provide important insight into the mechanisms by which B. burgdorferi infects humans. ..
- VEIN GRAFT PRESERVATION: THROMBOSIS & NEOINTIMAL DISEASEYoshifumi Naka; Fiscal Year: 2004..The current proposal is driven by the applicant?s desire to use a model of vein graft disease as a tool to learn how to undertake basic studies to elucidate mechanisms of early and late vein graft failure...
- Role of Mitotic Checkpoint Defects in Mouse Tumor ModelsROBERT I BENEZRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..How chromosome instability contributes to the initiation and progression of disease will be explored. These experiments should allow us to shed further light on the role of mitotic checkpoint abnormalities in human disease. ..
- Implications of Endothelial-Myocyte Uncoupling in Cardiac ArrhythmiaSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will delineate the mechanism of Hcy-dependent endothelial-myocyte uncoupling in cardiac arrhythmia and failure, and will have therapeutic ramifications for sudden cardiac death. ..