Genomes and Genes
stem cell factor
Summary: A hematopoietic growth factor and the ligand of the cell surface c-kit protein (PROTO-ONCOGENE PROTEINS C-KIT). It is expressed during embryogenesis and is a growth factor for a number of cell types including the MAST CELLS and the MELANOCYTES in addition to the HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLS.
Publications355 found, 100 shown here
- Neuronal and glioma-derived stem cell factor induces angiogenesis within the brainLixin Sun
Neuro Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 9:287-300. 2006b>Stem cell factor (SCF) is overexpressed by neurons following brain injury as well as by glioma cells; however, its role in gliomagenesis remains unclear...
- Stem cell factor receptor/c-Kit: from basic science to clinical implicationsJohan Lennartsson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Physiol Rev 92:1619-49. 2012b>Stem cell factor (SCF) is a dimeric molecule that exerts its biological functions by binding to and activating the receptor tyrosine kinase c-Kit. Activation of c-Kit leads to its autophosphorylation and initiation of signal transduction...
- Gain-of-function mutations of c-kit in human gastrointestinal stromal tumorsS Hirota
Department of Pathology, Osaka University Medical School, Yamada oka 2 2, Suita 565, Japan
Science 279:577-80. 1998..All of the corresponding mutant KIT proteins were constitutively activated without the KIT ligand, stem cell factor (SCF)...
- Common variation in KITLG and at 5q31.3 predisposes to testicular germ cell cancerPeter A Kanetsky
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nat Genet 41:811-5. 2009..All of the genotypes were associated with both seminoma and nonseminoma TGCT subtypes. These results demonstrate that common genetic variants affect TGCT risk and implicate KITLG and SPRY4 as genes involved in TGCT susceptibility...
- Characterization of novel stem cell factor responsive human mast cell lines LAD 1 and 2 established from a patient with mast cell sarcoma/leukemia; activation following aggregation of FcepsilonRI or FcgammaRIArnold S Kirshenbaum
Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1881, USA
Leuk Res 27:677-82. 2003Two novel stem cell factor (SCF) dependent human mast cell lines, designated LAD 1 and 2, were established from bone marrow aspirates from a patient with mast cell sarcoma/leukemia...
- A genome-wide association study of testicular germ cell tumorElizabeth A Rapley
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Nat Genet 41:807-10. 2009..05-3.19), P = 10(-31)). KITLG, encoding the ligand for the receptor tyrosine kinase KIT, which has previously been implicated in the pathogenesis of TGCT and the biology of germ cells, may explain the association on chromosome 12...
- The essential functions of adipo-osteogenic progenitors as the hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell nicheYoshiki Omatsu
Department of Immunobiology and Hematology, Kyoto University, 53 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Immunity 33:387-99. 2010..Thus, the niche composed of adipo-osteogenic progenitors is required for proliferation of HSCs and lymphoid and erythroid progenitors, as well as maintenance of HSCs in an undifferentiated state...
- Expression of stem cell factor/c-kit signaling pathway components in diabetic fibrovascular epiretinal membranesAhmed M Abu El-Asrar
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Mol Vis 16:1098-107. 2010b>Stem cell factor (SCF)/c-kit signaling promotes recruitment of endothelial progenitor cells and contributes to ischemia-induced new vessel formation...
- Elimination of human lung cancer stem cells through targeting of the stem cell factor-c-kit autocrine signaling loopVera Levina
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Cancer Res 70:338-46. 2010..In this study, we provide evidence that blocking stem cell factor (SCF)-c-kit signaling is sufficient to inhibit CSC proliferation and survival promoted by chemotherapy...
- Genetic determinants of hair, eye and skin pigmentation in EuropeansPatrick Sulem
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 39:1443-52. 2007..3 is associated with freckles. The fifth region provided refinements to a previously reported association in OCA2, and the sixth encompasses previously described variants in MC1R...
- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells in serum-free medium reveals distinct roles for bone morphogenetic protein 4, vascular endothelial growth factor, stem cell factor, and fibroblast growth factor 2 in hematopoiesisMarjorie Pick
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Stem Cells 25:2206-14. 2007..roles of four growth factors, bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), stem cell factor (SCF), and basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), singly and in combination, on the generation of ..
- Evidence that hematopoietic stem cells express mouse c-kit but do not depend on steel factor for their generationK Ikuta
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:1502-6. 1992..The results suggest that the Kit receptor-steel factor interaction may not be essential for the initiation of hematopoiesis and the self-renewal of (at least) fetal HSCs...
- Stem cell factor/c-kit up-regulates cyclin D3 and promotes cell cycle progression via the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/p70 S6 kinase pathway in spermatogoniaL X Feng
Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC. 20007, USA
J Biol Chem 275:25572-6. 2000b>Stem cell factor (SCF)/c-kit plays an important role in the regulation of hematopoiesis, melanogenesis, and spermatogenesis. In the testis, the SCF/c-kit system is believed to regulate germ cell proliferation, meiosis, and apoptosis...
- Reduced stem cell factor links smooth myopathy and loss of interstitial cells of cajal in murine diabetic gastroparesisViktor J Horváth
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, USA
Gastroenterology 130:759-70. 2006..Most murine gastric ICC depend on stem cell factor (SCF) signaling but can also be maintained with insulin or insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I)...
- IL-9 enhances the growth of human mast cell progenitors under stimulation with stem cell factorShigeyuki Matsuzawa
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Shinshu University, Matsumoto, Japan
J Immunol 170:3461-7. 2003..IL-9 apparently enhanced cell production under stimulation with stem cell factor (SCF) from CD34(+) CB cells...
- Regulation of stem cell factor receptor signaling by Cbl family proteins (Cbl-b/c-Cbl)Shan Zeng
Department of Dermatology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 105:226-32. 2005..Here, we show that stem cell factor (SCF), the ligand for KIT, induces the interaction between KIT and Cbl proteins and their mutual degradation...
- Development of human CD4+FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in human stem cell factor-, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-, and interleukin-3-expressing NOD-SCID IL2Rγ(null) humanized miceEva Billerbeck
Center for the Study of Hepatitis C, Laboratory of Virology and Infectious Disease, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Blood 117:3076-86. 2011..immunodeficiency/interleukin-2 receptor-γ-null (NOD-SCID IL2Rγ(null)) mouse strain that expressed human stem cell factor, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and interleukin-3, termed NSG-SGM3...
- Structural basis for activation of the receptor tyrosine kinase KIT by stem cell factorSatoru Yuzawa
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cell 130:323-34. 2007b>Stem Cell Factor (SCF) initiates its multiple cellular responses by binding to the ectodomain of KIT, resulting in tyrosine kinase activation...
- C-kit and its ligand stem cell factor: potential contribution to prostate cancer bone metastasisChristoph Wiesner
Department of Urology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neoplasia 10:996-1003. 2008The tyrosine kinase receptor c-kit and its ligand stem cell factor (SCF) have not been explored in prostate cancer (PC) bone metastasis...
- Stem cell factor/c-kit signaling promotes the survival, migration, and capillary tube formation of human umbilical vein endothelial cellsJunji Matsui
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, 5 1 3, Tokodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:18600-7. 2004..c-kit is expressed in mature endothelial cells, but its role there is unclear. Stem cell factor, a c-kit ligand, dose-dependently promoted survival, migration, and capillary tube formation of human ..
- SCF/c-kit signaling is required for cyclic regeneration of the hair pigmentation unitN V Botchkareva
Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
FASEB J 15:645-58. 2001..b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor c-kit are important for melanocyte survival during development, and mutations in these ..
- Dependence of human stem cell engraftment and repopulation of NOD/SCID mice on CXCR4A Peled
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Science 283:845-8. 1999..b>Stem cell factor and interleukin-6 induced CXCR4 expression on CD34+ cells, which potentiated migration to SDF-1 and ..
- Growth stimulation of colorectal carcinoma cells via the c-kit receptor is inhibited by TGF-beta 1G Bellone
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Torino, Italy
J Cell Physiol 172:1-11. 1997Activation of the receptor tyrosine kinase c-kit by the kit-ligand, also known as stem cell factor (SCF), is essential to melanocyte and germ cell development and during the early stages of hematopoiesis...
- Biphasic expression of two paracrine melanogenic cytokines, stem cell factor and endothelin-1, in ultraviolet B-induced human melanogenesisAkira Hachiya
Kao Biological Science Laboratories, Ichikai machi Haga, Tochigi 321 3497 Japan
Am J Pathol 165:2099-109. 2004b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and endothelin-1 (ET-1) have been reported to be up-regulated at the protein and gene levels in human epidermis after ultraviolet B (UVB) irradiation and to play central roles in UVB-induced pigmentation...
- Endothelial cell-fatty acid binding protein 4 promotes angiogenesis: role of stem cell factor/c-kit pathwayHarun Elmasri
Division of Neonatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Thorn 1019, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA, USA
Angiogenesis 15:457-68. 2012..activation of several important signaling pathways in HUVECs, including downregulation of P38, eNOS, and stem cell factor (SCF)/c-kit signaling...
- Autocrine and paracrine regulation of melanocytes in human skin and in pigmentary disordersGenji Imokawa
Kao Biological Science Laboratories, Akabane Ichikai, Haga, Tochigi, Japan
Pigment Cell Res 17:96-110. 2004..These include endothelin (ET)-1, granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor, membrane-type stem cell factor (SCF) and growth-related oncogene-alpha for interactions between keratinocytes and melanocytes, and ..
- Stem cell factor and hematopoiesisV C Broudy
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7710, USA
Blood 90:1345-64. 1997
- The Arabidopsis stem cell factor POLTERGEIST is membrane localized and phospholipid stimulatedJennifer M Gagne
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, An Arbor, Michigan 48109 1048, USA
Plant Cell 22:729-43. 2010..Significantly, the findings presented here suggest that phospholipids play an important role in promoting stem cell specification...
- Ser276 phosphorylation of NF-kB p65 by MSK1 controls SCF expression in inflammationLaurent Reber
EA3771, Inflammation and Environment in Asthma, Université Louis Pasteur Strasbourg I, Faculte de Pharmacie, Illkirch, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4393. 2009Transcription of the mast cell growth factor SCF (stem cell factor) is upregulated in inflammatory conditions, and this is dependent upon NF-kappaB, as well as the MAP kinases p38 and ERK activation...
- Loss of Kitlow progenitors, reduced stem cell factor and high oxidative stress underlie gastric dysfunction in progeric miceFerenc Izbeki
Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, Mayo Clinic, Guggenheim 10, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55906, USA
J Physiol 588:3101-17. 2010..Klotho-deficient mice were marantic and had low insulin, insulin-like growth factor-I and membrane-bound stem cell factor. Klotho deficiency accentuated oxidative stress and ICC loss...
- Development, migration, and survival of mast cellsYoshimichi Okayama
Research Unit for Allergy Transcriptome, Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Yokohama, Japan
Immunol Res 34:97-115. 2006..Mast cells differentiate from multipotent hematopoietic progenitors in the bone marrow. Stem cell factor (SCF) is a major chemotactic factor for mast cells and their progenitors...
- Coexpression of the c-kit receptor and the stem cell factor in gynecological tumorsM Inoue
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Osaka University, Japan
Cancer Res 54:3049-53. 1994..The interaction between c-kit receptor and its corresponding ligand, stem cell factor (SCF), has been suggested to be involved in embryogenesis as well as carcinogenesis via the autocrine/..
- Expression of stem cell factor and its receptor c-Kit during the development of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaTümen Mansuroglu
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Center of Internal Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Lab Invest 89:562-74. 2009b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor, c-Kit, constitute an important signal transduction system with proliferative and anti-apoptotic functions...
- Follicle-stimulating hormone regulates oocyte growth by modulation of expression of oocyte and granulosa cell factorsFiona H Thomas
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 1C4
Endocrinology 146:941-9. 2005..05), suggesting that lowered KL-1/KL-2 ratio is important for oocyte growth. In summary, the correct concentration of FSH is crucial for appropriate modulation of KL and BMP-15 to promote oocyte growth...
- Effects of stem cell factor on hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha accumulation in human acute myeloid leukaemia and LAD2 mast cellsBernhard F Gibbs
Medway School of Pharmacy, University of Kent, Kent, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e22502. 2011b>Stem cell factor (SCF) is a hematopoietic growth factor that exerts its activity by signalling through the tyrosine kinase receptor known as Kit or CD117...
- Activation of Akt (PKB) and suppression of FKHRL1 in mouse and rat oocytes by stem cell factor during follicular activation and developmentPradeep Reddy
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, S 901 87, Umea, Sweden
Dev Biol 281:160-70. 2005..between mammalian oocytes and their surrounding granulosa cells mediated by the Kit-Kit ligand (KL, or stem cell factor, SCF) system have been proven to be crucial for follicular development, Kit downstream signaling pathways in ..
- Lack of KIT or FMS internal tandem duplications but co-expression with ligands in AMLRui Zheng
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Room 253, Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Leuk Res 28:121-6. 2004....
- Nociceptive tuning by stem cell factor/c-Kit signalingNevena Milenkovic
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Neuron 56:893-906. 2007..We demonstrate here a central role for stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor, c-Kit, in tuning the responsiveness of sensory neurons to natural stimuli...
- Chemokine SDF-1 enhances circulating CD34(+) cell proliferation in synergy with cytokines: possible role in progenitor survivalJ J Lataillade
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, centre de transfusion sanguine des armées Jean Julliard, Clamart Cedex, France
Blood 95:756-68. 2000..Furthermore, both adhesion-induced CXCR-4 overexpression and SDF-1 stimulating activity may be of clinical relevance for improving cell therapy settings in stem cell transplantation...
- The synergy between stem cell factor (SCF) and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF): molecular basis and clinical relevanceRafael F Duarte
The Anthony Nolan Research Institute, The Royal Free Campus and UCL Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1179-87. 2002b>Stem cell factor (SCF), an essential growth factor in normal hematopoiesis, exerts potent effects when combined with cytokines...
- Intrathymically expressed c-kit ligand (stem cell factor) is a major factor driving expansion of very immature thymocytes in vivoH R Rodewald
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Immunity 3:313-9. 1995To investigate the role of the receptor-type tyrosine kinase, c-kit and its ligand, stem cell factor (SCF) in T cell development, we analyzed c-kit (W/W) and SCF (SI/SI) deficient mice...
- Stem cell factor as a novel diagnostic marker for early malignant germ cellsH Stoop
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC Erasmus University Medical Center, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 216:43-54. 2008..Here we report the novel finding that immunohistochemical detection of stem cell factor (SCF), the c-KIT ligand, is informative in this context...
- Stem cell factor-KIT signalling plays a pivotal role in regulating pigmentation in mammalian hairAkira Hachiya
Kao Biological Science Laboratories, Haga, Tochigi, Japan
J Pathol 218:30-9. 2009Hair greying is one of the most distinct but least comprehended features of senescence. The signalling of stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor KIT has been documented to regulate essential roles in the maintenance of embryonic ..
- Control of erythropoiesis by erythropoietin and stem cell factor: a novel role for Bruton's tyrosine kinaseMarieke von Lindern
Department of Hematology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Cycle 3:876-9. 2004Erythropoietin (Epo) and stem cell factor (SCF) are essential factors in the control of survival, expansion and differentiation of erythroid progenitors...
- Mobilized bone marrow cells repair the infarcted heart, improving function and survivalD Orlic
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10344-9. 2001..On this basis, we hypothesized here that BMC, mobilized by stem cell factor and granulocyte-colony stimulating factor, would home to the infarcted region, replicate, differentiate, and ..
- Variants in or near KITLG, BAK1, DMRT1, and TERT-CLPTM1L predispose to familial testicular germ cell tumourChristian P Kratz
Division of CancerEpidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Med Genet 48:473-6. 2011..Familial testicular germ cell tumours (TGCTs) and bilateral TGCTs comprise 1-2% and 5% of all TGCTs, respectively, but their genetic basis remains largely unknown...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1 alpha directly enhances the transcriptional activity of stem cell factor (SCF) in response to hypoxia and epidermal growth factor (EGF)Zhi Bo Han
The State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Hospital of Blood Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union of Medical College, Tianjin 300020, China
Carcinogenesis 29:1853-61. 2008b>Stem cell factor (SCF) plays important roles in tumor growth and angiogenesis. However, its regulatory mechanism remains largely undefined...
- A negative feedback system between oocyte bone morphogenetic protein 15 and granulosa cell kit ligand: its role in regulating granulosa cell mitosisFumio Otsuka
Department of Reproductive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0633, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8060-5. 2002..We hypothesize that the negative feedback system most likely plays a pivotal role in early folliculogenesis...
- E7080, a novel inhibitor that targets multiple kinases, has potent antitumor activities against stem cell factor producing human small cell lung cancer H146, based on angiogenesis inhibitionJunji Matsui
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
Int J Cancer 122:664-71. 2008..E7080 may provide therapeutic benefits in the treatment of SCF-producing tumors...
- The biology of stem cell factor and its receptor C-kitL K Ashman
Division of Haematology, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:1037-51. 1999The receptor tyrosine kinase c-Kit and its ligand Stem Cell Factor (SCF) are essential for haemopoiesis, melanogenesis and fertility...
- Soluble and cell-bound forms of steel factor activity play distinct roles in melanocyte precursor dispersal and survival on the lateral neural crest migration pathwayB Wehrle-Haller
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403
Development 121:731-42. 1995..In contrast, membrane-bound Steel factor appears to promote melanocyte precursor survival in the dermis...
- Induction of stem cell factor/c-Kit/slug signal transduction in multidrug-resistant malignant mesothelioma cellsAlfonso Catalano
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona 60131, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:46706-14. 2004..Here, we identified a pathway that involves stem cell factor (SCF)/c-Kit/Slug in mediating multidrug resistance of MM cells...
- Human airway smooth muscle promotes human lung mast cell survival, proliferation, and constitutive activation: cooperative roles for CADM1, stem cell factor, and IL-6Fay Hollins
Department of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Institute for Lung Health, University of Leicester Medical School, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:2772-80. 2008..This required cell-cell contact and occurred through a cooperative interaction between membrane-bound stem cell factor (SCF) expressed on ASM, soluble IL-6, and CADM1 expressed on HLMC...
- Molecular cloning of mast cell growth factor, a hematopoietin that is active in both membrane bound and soluble formsD M Anderson
Department of Molecular Biology, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101
Cell 63:235-43. 1990..The soluble protein promotes the proliferation of MGF-responsive cell lines and, in the presence of erythropoietin, stimulates the formation of macroscopic [corrected] erythroid and multilineage hematopoietic colonies...
- Regulation of hematopoietic stem cells by the steel factor/KIT signaling pathwayDavid Kent
Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 14:1926-30. 2008....
- Hypoxia-induced astrocytes promote the migration of neural progenitor cells via vascular endothelial factor, stem cell factor, stromal-derived factor-1alpha and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 upregulation in vitroQiang Xu
Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, Mie, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:624-31. 2007..to investigate the expression patterns of some chemokines, such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), stem cell factor (SCF), stromal-derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha), fractalkine and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) ..
- The c-kit receptor ligand functions as a mast cell chemoattractantC J Meininger
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Blood 79:958-63. 1992..We have tested the ability of stem cell factor (SCF), a mast cell growth factor, to stimulate mast cell migration...
- C-kit positive porcine bone marrow progenitor cells identified and enriched using recombinant stem cell factorArtur Summerfield
Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis, Sensemattstrasse 293, CH 3147 Mittelhäusern, Switzerland
J Immunol Methods 280:113-23. 2003..describes the enumeration, phenotyping and isolation of porcine haematopoietic progenitor cells expressing stem cell factor (SCF, c-kit ligand) receptor (c-kit, CD117)...
- Stem cell factor gene transfer promotes cardiac repair after myocardial infarction via in situ recruitment and expansion of c-kit+ cellsElisa Yaniz-Galende
Cardiovascular Research Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Circ Res 111:1434-45. 2012..Even though the ability of exogenously introducing c-kit(+) cells to injured myocardium has been established, the capability of recruiting these cells through modulation of local signaling pathways by gene transfer has not been tested...
- Vascular precursors in developing human retinaTakuya Hasegawa
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2178-92. 2008..The purpose of this study was to characterize these angioblasts further and examine ligands that might control their migration and differentiation...
- Role of stem cell factor and bone marrow-derived fibroblasts in airway remodelingVladislav A Dolgachev
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Am J Pathol 174:390-400. 2009..b>Stem cell factor (SCF), a key factor in the propagation of hematopoietic stem cells, is important in the process of airway ..
- The stem cell factor-c-KIT pathway must be inhibited to enable apoptosis induced by BCR-ABL inhibitors in chronic myelogenous leukemia cellsF Belloc
Laboratoire d Hématopoïèse Leucémique et Cibles Thérapeutiques, Inserm U876, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Leukemia 23:679-85. 2009..hairpin RNA against BCR-ABL, we showed that K562 cells were not dependent on BCR-ABL signaling as long as the stem cell factor (SCF) receptor pathway was activated...
- UV-B radiation induces macrophage migration inhibitory factor-mediated melanogenesis through activation of protease-activated receptor-2 and stem cell factor in keratinocytesAkiko Enomoto
Department of Medical Information, Hokkaido Information University, Ebetsu, Japan
Am J Pathol 178:679-87. 2011..In addition, we showed that MIF stimulated stem cell factor (SCF) release in keratinocytes; however, MIF had no effect on the release of endothelin-1 or prostaglandin E2 ..
- Stem cell factor stimulates neurogenesis in vitro and in vivoKunlin Jin
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Clin Invest 110:311-9. 2002..Hypoxia-conditioned medium and stem cell factor (SCF), which was present in hypoxia-conditioned medium at increased levels, also stimulated BrdU ..
- Repeated exposure of human fibroblasts to UVR induces secretion of stem cell factor and senescenceJ Shin
Department of Dermatology, Inha University School of Medicine, Incheon, South Korea
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 26:1577-80. 2012..Dermal factors may be involved in the pathogenesis of melasma. Changes in dermal fibroblasts resulting from chronic sun exposure might cause melanocytes to synthesize melanin in the epidermis...
- Beneficial effects of hematopoietic growth factor therapy in chronic ischemic stroke in ratsLi Ru Zhao
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill, USA
Stroke 38:2804-11. 2007..Currently, there is no effective treatment for stroke survivors. Stem cell factor (SCF) and granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) are the growth factors regulating hematopoiesis...
- Role of c-kit/Kit ligand signaling in regulating vasculogenesisBeate Heissig
Department of Transfusion Medicine Stem Cell Biology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Thromb Haemost 90:570-6. 2003..e. ischemic tissue or tumor bed). We will give evidence that matrix metallo-proteinase-9 mediated Kit ligand (Stem cell factor) processing is essential for cell mobilization induced by chemo-/cytokines, like vascular endothelial growth ..
- Essential role of stem cell factor-c-Kit signalling pathway in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosisLin Ding
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
J Pathol 230:205-14. 2013b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor c-Kit have been implicated in tissue remodelling and fibrosis. Alveolar fibroblasts from patients with diffuse interstitial fibrosis secrete more SCF. However, its precise role remains unclear...
- Analysis of melanocyte precursors in Nf1 mutants reveals that MGF/KIT signaling promotes directed cell migration independent of its function in cell survivalB Wehrle-Haller
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403 1254, USA
Dev Biol 232:471-83. 2001..We further suggest that the MGF mediates MP migration through a signaling pathway that does not involve RAS...
- Stem cell factor and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor promote neuronal lineage commitment of neural stem cellsChun Shu Piao
Department of Neurology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Differentiation 83:17-25. 2012b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) were originally discovered as growth factors for hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs)...
- Local injection of stem cell factor (SCF) improves myocardial homing of systemically delivered c-kit + bone marrow-derived stem cellsMatthias Lutz
Department of Cardiology, Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, INF 410, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 77:143-50. 2008..We therefore tested whether local administration of stem cell factor (SCF) improves myocardial homing of intravenously infused lin-/c-kit+ stem cells after myocardial infarction.
- Cardiomyocyte-specific overexpression of human stem cell factor improves cardiac function and survival after myocardial infarction in miceFu Li Xiang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 120:1065-74, 9 p following 1074. 2009Soluble stem cell factor (SCF) has been shown to mobilize bone marrow stem cells and improve cardiac repair after myocardial infarction (MI). However, the effect of membrane-associated SCF on cardiac remodeling after MI is not known...
- Steel mutant mice are deficient in hippocampal learning but not long-term potentiationB Motro
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Reseaerch Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:1808-13. 1996..These observations demonstrate a role for Steel factor/Kit signaling in the adult nervous system and suggest that a severe deficit in hippocampal-dependent learning need not be associated with reduced hippocampal long-term potentiation...
- Lyn associates with the juxtamembrane region of c-Kit and is activated by stem cell factor in hematopoietic cell lines and normal progenitor cellsD Linnekin
Laboratory of Leukocyte Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Biol Chem 272:27450-5. 1997b>Stem cell factor (SCF) is a cytokine critical for normal hematopoiesis. The receptor for SCF is c-Kit, a receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Implication of stem cell factor in the proliferation of choroidal melanocytesF Mouriaux
Division of Ophthalmology, Huriez Hospital, CHRU 59037 Lille, France
Exp Eye Res 73:151-7. 2001The tyrosine kinase receptor c-kit and its ligand stem cell factor exert a broad range of biological activities during organogenesis...
- Stem cell factor in combination with filgrastim after chemotherapy improves peripheral blood progenitor cell yield and reduces apheresis requirements in multiple myeloma patients: a randomized, controlled trialT Facon
Department of Hematology, Service des Maladies du Sang, Hopital Claude Huriez, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Blood 94:1218-25. 1999b>Stem cell factor (SCF) has been shown to synergize with filgrastim to mobilize CD34(+) cells into the peripheral blood...
- Association of genetic markers within the KIT and KITLG genes with human male infertilityJ J Galan
Department of Structural Genomics, Neocodex SL, Sevilla, Spain
Hum Reprod 21:3185-92. 2006..Animal models and functional studies in humans suggest that this signalling pathway plays a role in male infertility...
- Stem cell factor-mediated wild-type KIT receptor activation is critical for gastrointestinal stromal tumor cell growthChen Guang Bai
Department of Pathology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:2929-37. 2012To clarify the biological role of stem cell factor (SCF)-mediated wild-type KIT receptor activation in gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) growth.
- Stem cell factor/c-kit signaling enhances invasion of pancreatic cancer cells via HIF-1α under normoxic conditionMin Zhang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Cancer Lett 303:108-17. 2011..Therefore, our results suggest that the inhibition of both c-kit and HIF-1α may be an effective strategy for pancreatic cancer therapy...
- Expression of stem cell factor and c-kit in human malignant fibrous histiocytoma cell line (TNMY1)Tetsuya Nakatani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:2329-33. 2003The expression of c-kit and/or its ligand, stem cell factor (SCF), has been related to tumor proliferation, in several tumor systems.
- Stem cell factor and c-kit are involved in hepatic recovery after acetaminophen-induced liver injury in miceBin Hu
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G45-G53. 2008b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor c-kit are important in hematopoiesis and cellular proliferation. c-kit has also been identified as a cell surface marker for progenitor cells...
- Tumor-intrinsic and -extrinsic roles of c-Kit: mast cells as the primary off-target of tyrosine kinase inhibitorsP Pittoni
Molecular Immunology Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 30:757-69. 2011c-Kit tyrosine kinase receptor and its ligand stem cell factor have multiple functions during development, whereas in adulthood they are mostly needed for stem cell (SC) maintenance and mast cell (MC) biology...
- Stem cell factor rescues tyrosinase expression and pigmentation in discreet anatomic locations in albino miceJillian C Vanover
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, The Markey Cancer Center, The Graduate Center for Toxicology, Lexington, KY, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 22:827-38. 2009The K14-SCF transgenic murine model of variant pigmentation is based on epidermal expression of stem cell factor (SCF) on the C57BL/6J background...
- Developmental and molecular aberrations associated with deterioration of oogenesis during complete or partial follicle-stimulating hormone receptor deficiency in miceYinzhi Yang
Molecular Reproduction Research Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Biol Reprod 69:1294-302. 2003..We believe that these data provide an experimental paradigm to explore the mechanisms responsible for preserving the structural integrity and quality of oocytes at different ages...
- Stem cell factor and H2O2 induce GLUT1 translocation in M07e cellsTullia Maraldi
Dipartimento di Biochimica G Moruzzi, Universita di Bologna, Via Irnerio 48, I 40126 Bologna, Italy
Biofactors 20:97-108. 2004..elucidate the mechanisms involved in the early activation of glucose transport in hematopoietic M07e cells by stem cell factor (SCF) and a reactive oxygen species (ROS) as H2O2...
- The paracrine role of stem cell factor/c-kit signaling in the activation of human melanocytes in ultraviolet-B-induced pigmentationA Hachiya
Kao Biological Science Laboratories, Haga, Tochigi, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 116:578-86. 2001The interaction of stem cell factor with its receptor, c-kit, is well known to be critical to the survival of melanocytes. Little is known about the role(s) of the stem cell factor/c-kit interaction in epidermal pigmentation, however...
- Hematopoietic cytokines as tumor markersBarbara Mroczko
Department of Biochemical Diagnostics, Medical Academy, 15 276 Bialystok, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:1347-54. 2004b>Stem cell factor (SCF), interleukin 3 (IL-3), granulocyte-macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF), granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) and macrophage-colony stimulating factor (M-CSF) are members of a group of ..
- Expression of stem cell factor and lack of c-kit expression in malignant fibrous histiocytoma of soft tissuesTetsuji Yamamoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:4305-8. 2003Little information is available on the expression of stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor c-kit in soft tissue tumors of a fibrohistiocytic origin, including malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH).
- Crystal structure of human stem cell factor: implication for stem cell factor receptor dimerization and activationZ Zhang
Departments of Pharmacology and Biochemistry and Skirball Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:7732-7. 2000b>Stem cell factor (SCF) plays important roles in hematopoiesis and the survival, proliferation, and differentiation of mast cells, melanocytes, and germ cells...
- Stem cell factor-mediated activation pathways promote murine eosinophil CCL6 production and survivalVladislav Dolgachev
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Room 4618, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
J Leukoc Biol 81:1111-9. 2007..b>Stem cell factor (SCF) has recently shown an inflammatory, gene-activating role on eosinophils and contributes to the ..
- Characterization of the porcine KIT ligand gene: expression analysis, genomic structure, polymorphism detection and association with coat colour traitsC Hadjiconstantouras
Andreou and Costi Ltd Pig Farms, PO Box 40451, 6304 Larnaca, Cyprus
Anim Genet 39:217-24. 2008..However, little evidence was found for the KITLG gene being linked to variation in colour in a Meishan x Large White cross...
- Stem cell factor and its receptor, c-kit, are important for hepatocyte proliferation in wild-type and tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 knockout mice after 70% hepatectomyXiaodan Ren
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Mich
Surgery 143:790-802. 2008b>Stem cell factor (SCF) has well-known proliferative effects on hematopoietic cells. SCF also has effects on differentiation and proliferation in other cell types...
- Pulmonary IL-17E (IL-25) production and IL-17RB+ myeloid cell-derived Th2 cytokine production are dependent upon stem cell factor-induced responses during chronic allergic pulmonary diseaseVladislav Dolgachev
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 183:5705-15. 2009In the present studies local neutralization of allergen-induced stem cell factor (SCF) leads to decreased production of Th2 cytokines, a reduction in inflammation, allergen-specific serum IgE/IgG1, and attenuation of severe asthma-like ..
- Imatinib inhibits proliferation of Ewing tumor cells mediated by the stem cell factor/KIT receptor pathway, and sensitizes cells to vincristine and doxorubicin-induced apoptosisIranzu Gonzalez
Department of Histology and Pathology, School of Medicine Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 10:751-61. 2004The stem cell factor/KIT receptor loop may represent a novel target for molecular-based therapies of Ewing tumor. We analyzed the in vitro impact of KIT blockade by imatinib in Ewing tumor cell lines.
- KIT receptor activation by autocrine and paracrine stem cell factor stimulates growth of merkel cell carcinoma in vitroKonstantin Krasagakis
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
J Cell Physiol 226:1099-109. 2011The co-expression of KIT receptor and its ligand stem cell factor (SCF) has been reported in biopsy specimens of Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC)...
- Expression of stem cell factor and c-kit in human neuroblastoma. The Children's Cancer GroupP S Cohen
Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
Blood 84:3465-72. 1994During development, mice with mutations of stem cell factor (SCF) or its receptor c-kit exhibit defects in melanogenesis, as well as hematopoiesis and gonadogenesis...
- Efficacy of the coadministration of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and stem cell factor in the activation of intrinsic cells after spinal cord injury in miceTakahiro Osada
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 13:516-23. 2010..b>Stem cell factor (SCF) is also a hematopoietic cytokine that stimulates the differentiation and proliferation of neural stem ..
- c-Kit-mediated functional positioning of stem cells to their niches is essential for maintenance and regeneration of adult hematopoiesisYuki Kimura
Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26918. 2011..This c-Kit-mediated cellular adhesion was essential for long-term maintenance and expansion of HSPCs. These results lay the foundation for delivering KL within specific niches to maintain and restore hematopoiesis...
- Porcine stem cell factor/c-kit ligand: its molecular cloning and localization within the uterusZ Zhang
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211
Biol Reprod 50:95-102. 1994b>Stem cell factor (SCF), or c-kit ligand, is a multipotent growth factor that has been implicated in an important role in various aspects of animal development, including maintenance of the viability of primordial germ cells...
- Identification and mutation of primary and secondary proteolytic cleavage sites in murine stem cell factor cDNA yields biologically active, cell-associated proteinM K Majumdar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5225
J Biol Chem 269:1237-42. 1994..of melanocytes, germ cells, and hematopoietic cells of Steel mice demonstrate the critical role of stem cell factor (SCF) in development...
- Alternate splicing of mRNAs encoding human mast cell growth factor and localization of the gene to chromosome 12q22-q24D M Anderson
Department of Molecular Biology, Immunex Research and Development Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101
Cell Growth Differ 2:373-8. 1991..Chromosomal in situ hybridization localized the gene to 12q22-q24 in the region predicted by the comparative mapping of the murine Mgf/Sl locus...
- Cell signaling as a leukemia biomarkerJAMES WILLIAM JACOBBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our specific aims are 1) to measure signaling for 2 ligands (Stem cell factor and Flt3-ligand) and 5 endpoints (Erk, Akt, S6, Stat3, and Stat5) on committed myeloid precursor cells in 60 ..
- Mechanisms Regulating Reduced c-Kit-Dependent EAE Susceptibility in Male SJL MiceMELISSA ANN BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We observed that mutations in the Kit gene (c-kitW/Wv), the receptor for stem cell factor, protect females from developing severe disease in a rodent model of multiple sclerosis, but exacerbate ..
- Mechanisms mediating hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell traffickingPaul S Frenette; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, we will explore further the hypothesis that the retention of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in the niche is regulated by differing signals from the sympathetic nervous system and macrophages. ..
- Stem cell-mediated reversal of thymic involution in premature aging modelsKenneth I Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pro-inflammatory role of megakaryocytes in arthritisPeter A Nigrovic; Fiscal Year: 2013..Among mature hematopoietic lineages, the stem cell factor/KitL receptor Kit is expressed most prominently by mast cells and megakaryocytes...
- Interstitial Cells of Cajal in Diabetic GastropathyTAMAS ORDOG; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanisms-of-action of glycogen synthase kinase 3 (Gsk3) as an extrinsic factor in regulating ICC-SC through stem cell factor expression in smooth muscle cells and to determine the in vivo utility of Gsk3 inhibitors to reverse ..
- Hematopoietic Growth Factors and Chronic StrokeLi Ru Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently, no pharmaceutical treatment is available for chronic stroke victims. Stem cell factor (SCF) and granulocyte- colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) are hematopoietic growth factors (HGFs) that ..
- Stat5b in Lymphomagenesis: Mechanistic and Therapeutic ImplicationsJohn A Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2012..cells expressing the Notch delta like ligand (OP9-DL1) along with cytokines (IL-7), and growth factors (stem cell factor [SCF], fms-like tyrosine- kinase 3 [Flt3] ligand)...
- DC-T Cell Interactions in Pulmonary Immune ResponsesAnuradha Ray; Fiscal Year: 2012..dust mite and the Th2-skewing mucosal adjuvant cholera toxin (CT) induce expression of c-kit and its ligand, stem cell factor, on DCs resulting in high level of interleukin-6 (IL-6) production from the DCs promoting Th2/Th17 ..
- Characterization of neural crest stem cells in human hair follicles.Xiaowei Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will study the interaction of Wnt3a, stem cell factor and endothelin-3 with Mitf during this process...
- REGULATION OF CYCLIN D1 EXPRESSIONRichard G Pestell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cyclin D1 regulates the secretion of migratory factors (TSP1 (Thrombospondin-1), SCF (stem cell factor)). Cyclin D1 inhibits mitochondrial metabolism...
- NEUROFIBROMATOSIS TYPE 1 GENE REGULATES MYELOPOIESISDAVID W CLAPP; Fiscal Year: 2012..If the hypothesis is correct, we would predict that developing small molecules that inhibit Pak1 function could be useful as a molecular therapy for treatment of plexiform neurofibromas. ..
- Rac1 and Rac2 Guanosine Triphosphatases in Erythroid Function and DifferentiationTHEODOSIA ANASTASIOS KALFA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Erythropoiesis is affected mainly at the early stages, when stem cell factor (SCF) plays a critical role...
- Lymphoid Tissue Inducer/NK22 Cells and Post-transplant Immune RecoveryMichael R Verneris; Fiscal Year: 2013..In specific aim 1 we will address the hypothesis that stem cell factor (SCF) plays a critical role in HSC commitment to the LTi lineage through the expression of aryl hydrocarbon ..
- Modulation of calcium signaling by changes in STIM expressionJonathan Soboloff; Fiscal Year: 2013..from wild type and EGR1 knockout mice, using insulin, Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF;fibroblasts) and Stem Cell Factor (SCF;mast cells) as agonists...
- Structural Studies of Growth Factor Receptor FunctionDaniel J Leahy; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies of two related classes of RTKs, which include the receptors for macrophage colony-stimulating factor (MCSF), stem cell factor (SCF), Flt3 Ligand, and VEGF, to better understand their function in normal and disease states.
- Melanocyte-Keratinocyte Cross-Talk In Relation To Barrier FunctionPeter M Elias; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., i) epidermal stem cell factor, which induces melanocytes to migrate from follicles to interfollicular epidermis;and ii) the transcription ..
- Intervention of immune tolerance by small molecules to enhance immune therapyShu Hsia Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary results indicate that ckit ligand (stem cell factor) expressed by tumor cells may be required for MDSC accumulation in tumor bearing mice and that blocking the ..
- Preclinical Testing of Targeted Therapies for NeurofibromasDAVID W CLAPP; Fiscal Year: 2011..Finally, using a combination of PET and CT imaging, we now have the ability to image the development, growth, and metabolism of plexiform neurofibromas in genetically engineered mice in vivo as a function of time. ..
- Genetic analysis of stem cell maintenance in vivoSean J Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2012..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang-1), Stem Cell Factor (SCF), and CXCL12 are all genetically required for maintenance of normal numbers of HSCs but none of these ..
- Kit Inhibition in Asthma (KIA)Elliot Israel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Imatinib is a specific tyrosine kinase inhibitor that inhibits cKit the receptor for stem cell factor (SCF) on mast cells. SCF is critical for mast cell homeostasis and function...
- Sexual identity and germ cell differentiation in the Drosophila ovaryHELEN KAREN SALZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies showing that Sxl prompts the exit from the stem cell fate by repressing translation of the conserved stem cell factor nanos...
- Targeting c-kit in Dendritic Cells to Control allergic Immune ResponsesPrabir Ray; Fiscal Year: 2011..The allergen house dust mite caused dual upregulation of c-kit and its ligand, stem cell factor (SCF), on DCs stimulating production of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and expression of the Notch ligand, Jagged-2, ..
- Mouse models of neuroprotection in dopamine neuronsEric J Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..his training, he has applied genetically engineered mice to investigate the biology of c-kit ligand (stem cell factor) in hematopiesis and neurotrophic factors in programmed cell death in the nervous system...
- Hematopoietic stem cell cytokine control of developmental vascularizationGeorge E Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. stem cell factor-SCF;interleukin 3- IL-3;and stromal-derived factor-1 alpha- SDF-1[unreadable]) control human endothelial cell ..
- SIGNALING PATHWAYS IN CHEMICAL INDUCED OVOTOXICITYPatricia B Hoyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will lead to an appreciation of the global impact of the environment on the reproductive life span in women. ..
- CysLT and P2Y Receptors in Lung InflammationJoshua A Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2012..To define the mechanisms through which P2Y6/CysLT1 receptors amplify stem cell factor (SCF)-dependent growth of hMCs, and mediate reactive mastocytosis in vivo using newly developed null mouse ..
- Mechanism of c-Kit-Induced Cell Polarization and Asymmetric Cell DivisionWilliam T Tse; Fiscal Year: 2012..The applicant found that when c- Kit? myeloid progenitors and c-Kit??? HPSC were placed in culture with stem cell factor, the ligand of the c-Kit receptor, each mother cell undergoes obligatory asymmetric cell division to generate ..
- Genetic control of susceptibility of testicular cancerJoseph H Nadeau; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also discovered, and propose to characterize spontaneous TGCT metastases in several of our mouse models. ..
- Zebrafish Based Model for Gastrointenstinal PhysiologyADAM J RICH; Fiscal Year: 2010..signaling is necessary for ICC development and maintenance, and is stimulated by Kit ligand (KL, also called stem cell factor). Two forms of KL, one soluble and one membrane bound, are expressed in the GI tract...
- Analysis of lung cancer stem cell radioresistanceVera Levina; Fiscal Year: 2013..We found stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor c-kit function in a crucial pathway for the self-renewal and proliferation of human ..
- Cytokine Induced CD26 Modulation of Adult Hematopoietic Stem Cell TraffickingKent Christopherson; Fiscal Year: 2009..To investigate this, we propose: Aim 1) to evaluate the in vitro effects of G-CSF, GM-CSF and stem cell factor (SCF;also called steel factor or kit ligand) on human cord blood hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell (HSC/..
- Inflammation of Myofibroblasts and Loss of Elastic Recoil in Severe AsthmaSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completing these aims should lead to an improved understanding of the contribution of inflammation and injury repair in the small airways/alveoli to the development of severe asthma. These findings may improve therapy as well. ..
- Characterizing the role of specific Ras proteins in neurofibroma and MPNST formatPreeti Tandon; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall goal of this research is to delineate the functions of Ras proteins in NF1 pathogenesis and to identify novel therapeutic strategies based on inhibition of specific Ras proteins. ..
- microRNAs targeting Kit inhibit the development and maintenance of ICCSeungil Ro; Fiscal Year: 2012..ICC express the receptor tyrosine kinase, KIT, which is the receptor for stem cell factor. KIT signaling is required for the normal development and maintenance of ICC in the GI tract...
- Erythropoiesis - Injury and RecoverySCOTT ALAN PESLAK; Fiscal Year: 2013..of endogenous compounds important in the traditional stress erythroid response, such as erythropoietin (EPO), stem cell factor (SCF), and glucocorticoids, and their respective signaling pathways on the stimulation and subsequent ..
- Intestinal Tissue EngineeringJAMES C DUNN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The effects of stem cell factor delivery, the collagen concentration, the cell density, and the arrangement of the cell types will be studied...
- CXCR4 and ckit signaling in BM progenitor cell recruitment in the ischemic heartGangjian Qin; Fiscal Year: 2013..tyrosine kinase and is expressed on the surface of many types of PCs, where it functions as a receptor for stem cell factor (SCF) and is crucial for BM PC- mediated cardiac repair...
- Role of SCF in airway eosinophil inflammationNicholas W Lukacs; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal we will examine the role of stem cell factor (SCF) in the development of chronic allergic airway disease leading to overproduction of mucus and ..
- RNA aptamers as cell surface receptor agonists and siRNA delivery agentsBRUCE ALAN SULLENGER; Fiscal Year: 2012..these two agonistic aptamers as well as determine whether a third aptamer that we have recently made against stem cell factor receptor, c-Kit, can also act as an agonist and activate stem cell factor receptor and erythropoiesis...
- Genetic enhancement of cardiac repair with adult stem cellsLoren J Field; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application focuses on cardiac-resident stem cells which express the Stem Cell Factor receptor c-kit...
- Cisplatin and Mechanisms of Long-term Male InfertilityJOHN RICHBURG; Fiscal Year: 2007..These mice lack endogenous germ cells due to a mutation in c-kit receptor, but have normal Sertoli cells and stem cell factor signaling, which creates a unique system to study normal Sertoli cells, without the interfering presence of ..
- Structural biology of oncogenic receptor tyrosine kinasesXiaolin He; Fiscal Year: 2010..Defects/malfunctions of the class III RTKs, such as the Stem Cell Factor (SCF) receptor KIT, the Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (MCSF) receptor FMS, and the FLT3 Ligand (FLT3L) ..
- STEM CELL FACTOR ACTION IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTMaya Sieber Blum; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, the newly detected additional roles of SCF in maintaining stem cells, up-regulating neurotrophin receptors and promoting sensory neurogenesis suggest additional defects in human piebaldism that remain to be elucidated. ..
- Reconstitution of thrombopoiesis by angiogenic factorsShahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- SCF in liver repair after hepatectomy or toxic injuryLisa Colletti; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal examines a specific cytokine, stem cell factor (SCF), in hepatocyte protection and regeneration during acetaminophen-induced liver toxicity, as well as ..
- Matrix Metalloproteases Regulate Mesenchymal Stem CellsZena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will have direct implications for the treatment of skeletal injuries resulting from disease or malformation, and for injuries that are refractory to conventional therapy. ..
- ERYTHROPOIETIN AND THE REGULATION OF ERYTHROPOIESISSanford Krantz; Fiscal Year: 2003..been highly purified and the evolution of BFU- erythropoietin (EPO) receptors as well as response to EPO, stem cell factor (SCF), interleukin-3 (IL-3) and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) have been well characterized in a serum-..
- STEM CELL THERAPY IN ACUTE RENAL FAILUREFangming Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also test whether mobilization of endogenous HSCs with stem cell factor (SCF) and G-CSF can accelerate the recovery of renal function after ischemic injury...
- Vascular Heterogeneity Determination by Marrow Progenit*Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will lay the foundation for using BM-marrow derived cells for therapeutic cell therapy to enhance organ (i.e. lung, marrow) revascularization. ..
- MOLECULAR PATHWAYS IN MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISEASEGeorge Daley; Fiscal Year: 2002..The observation the EPO-independent erythropoiesis in CML patients requires stem cell factor (SCF), and recent insights into the cooperation of the EPO and SCF receptor pathways, suggest that Bcr/Abl ..
- MESENCHYMAL/EPITHELIAL CELL INTERACTIONS IN THE OVARYMichael Skinner; Fiscal Year: 2000..e. stem cell factor) that can act on theca cells and stromal-interstitial cells...
- MICROPHTHALMIA IN OSTEOCLAST DEVELOPMENTKatherine Weilbaecher; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition we have recently discovered that the Mi protein is phosphorylated in response to c-kit (stem cell factor receptor) activation via a signaling pathway involving MAP kinase and that this phosphorylation enhances Mi ..
- REGULATION OF MAST CELL DEVELOPMENT AND FUNCTIONSTEPHEN JOSEPH GALLI; Fiscal Year: 2010..in MCs which are elicited by the major survival, developmental and proliferation factor for MCs, SCF (stem cell factor, the c-Kit ligand)...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF HUMAN MAST CELLSLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..the identification of two types of human mast cells based on their protease phenotypes and the finding that stem cell factor enables human mast cells to develop in vitro from hematopoietic progenitors...
- REGULATION OF NEUROKININ RECEPTORS IN BONE MARROW STROMAPranela Rameshwar; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Ovarian Primordial Follicle DevelopmentMichael K Skinner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- THE ROLE OF TR-KIT RECEPTOR IN STEM CELL MAINTENANCE AND DIFFERENTIATIONRoland Jurecic; Fiscal Year: 2007..analyzing their role during blood cell development we have over-expressed the RNA-binding domain of Pum2 in a stem cell factor (SCF)-dependent multipotent hematopoietic progenitor cell line EML, which can differentiate into erythroid, ..
- JOINT CONFERENCE ON NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE GROWTH CONTROLHarold Moses; Fiscal Year: 1992..Having concurrent meetings on these topics should provide significant synergy and beneficial interactions that otherwise could not be achieved...
- IL-7R and c-kit interactions in thymopoiesisKenneth Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of thymic epithelial cell differentiationNancy Manley; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further, our identification of a new function for the N-terminal domain may have implications for functional domains in other forkhead family transcription factors. ..
- ENHANCEMENT OF POST-BMT IMMUNE RECONSTITUTION BY IL-7Kenneth Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..The durability of the thymopoietic improvements induced by IL-7 or IL-7 stroma will be examined. Together, the studies will elucidate mechanisms by which IL-7 replacement can be used to treat thymic insufficiency. ..
- CUTANEOUS BIOLOGY OF KIT LIGANDJACK LONGLEY; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Stem Cell Factor (SCF, also known as mast cell growth factor), is the ligand for KIT, a receptor tyrosine kinase...
- MICROPHTHALMIA--CRITICAL FACTOR IN MAST CELL DEVELOPMENTClifford Takemoto; Fiscal Year: 2001..Intriguingly, mice with mutations in the receptor tyrosine kinase, c-kit, or its ligand, stem cell factor, (SCF), display a phenotypic constellation in several tissue types remarkably similar to mi mutant mice even ..
- Ex Vivo Culture of Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells for Adult TransplantationRonald Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009..transplantation using the clinical grade serum-free medium with the early acting cytokines, Flt-3 ligand, stem cell factor, thrombopoietin, and Interleukin 6, and 3) the ability of these ex vivo cultured CD 34+ cells to engraft long-..