Genomes and Genes
fibroblast growth factor 2
Summary: A single-chain polypeptide growth factor that plays a significant role in the process of WOUND HEALING and is a potent inducer of PHYSIOLOGIC ANGIOGENESIS. Several different forms of the human protein exist ranging from 18-24 kDa in size due to the use of alternative start sites within the fgf-2 gene. It has a 55 percent amino acid residue identity to FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR 1 and has potent heparin-binding activity. The growth factor is an extremely potent inducer of DNA synthesis in a variety of cell types from mesoderm and neuroectoderm lineages. It was originally named basic fibroblast growth factor based upon its chemical properties and to distinguish it from acidic fibroblast growth factor (FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR 1).
Publications397 found, 100 shown here
- Human cardiovascular progenitor cells develop from a KDR+ embryonic-stem-cell-derived populationLei Yang
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, The Black Family Stem Cell Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nature 453:524-8. 2008..Together, these findings identify a human cardiovascular progenitor that defines one of the earliest stages of human cardiac development...
- Requirement of vascular integrin alpha v beta 3 for angiogenesisP C Brooks
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Science 264:569-71. 1994..These findings suggest that alpha v beta 3 may be a useful therapeutic target for diseases characterized by neovascularization...
- Growth factors essential for self-renewal and expansion of mouse spermatogonial stem cellsHiroshi Kubota
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16489-94. 2004..Moreover, the ability to recover, culture indefinitely, and transplant SSCs will make the germ-line of individual males available for periods extending beyond a normal lifetime...
- Fibroblast growth factor/fibroblast growth factor receptor system in angiogenesisMarco Presta
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 16:159-78. 2005..Indeed, several experimental evidences point to a role for FGFs in tumor growth and angiogenesis. This review will focus on the relevance of the FGF/FGF receptor system in adult angiogenesis and its contribution to tumor vascularization...
- Characterization of the optimal culture conditions for clinical scale production of human mesenchymal stem cellsPanagiota A Sotiropoulou
Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy Center, Saint Savas Hospital, 171 Alexandras Avenue, 115 22, Athens, Greece
Stem Cells 24:462-71. 2006..In conclusion, in this report we define the optimal culture conditions for the successful isolation and expansion of human MSCs in high numbers for subsequent cellular therapeutic approaches...
- BMP-9 signals via ALK1 and inhibits bFGF-induced endothelial cell proliferation and VEGF-stimulated angiogenesisMarion Scharpfenecker
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 120:964-72. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest that BMP-9 is a physiological ALK1 ligand that plays an important role in the regulation of angiogenesis...
- Self-renewal of human embryonic stem cells requires insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor and ERBB2 receptor signalingLinlin Wang
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Blood 110:4111-9. 2007..These studies identify previously unappreciated RTKs that support hESC proliferation and self-renewal, and provide a rationally designed medium for the growth and maintenance of pluripotent hESCs...
- Activin/Nodal signalling maintains pluripotency by controlling Nanog expressionLudovic Vallier
Department of Surgery and Laboratory For Regenerative Medicine, West Forvie Building, Robinson Way, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0SZ, UK
Development 136:1339-49. 2009..This negative-feedback loop imposes stasis in neuroectoderm and mesendoderm differentiation, thereby maintaining the pluripotent status of human ESCs and mouse EpiSCs...
- A complex role for FGF-2 in self-renewal, survival, and adhesion of human embryonic stem cellsLivia Eiselleova
Department of Biology, Faculty of Medicine University Hospital Brno and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Stem Cells 27:1847-57. 2009..This stimulation of self-renewal, cell survival, and adhesion by exogenous and endogenous FGF-2 may synergize to maintain the undifferentiated growth of hESCs...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor support of human embryonic stem cell self-renewalMark E Levenstein
WiCell Research Institute, P O Box 7365, Madison, Wisconsin 53707 7365, USA
Stem Cells 24:568-74. 2006..These results further facilitate the large-scale, routine culture of human ES cells and suggest that fibroblasts and fibro-blast-conditioned medium sustain human ES cells in part by stabilizing FGF signaling above a critical threshold...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 (Fgf2) inhibits differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by inducing Twist2 and Spry4, blocking extracellular regulated kinase activation, and altering Fgf receptor expression levelsWen Tzu Lai
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Stem Cells 29:1102-11. 2011..Previously, we reported that fibroblast growth factor 2 (Fgf2) reversibly inhibited multilineage differentiation of primary mouse MSCs and now identify a unique ..
- Endothelial-derived FGF2 contributes to the progression of pulmonary hypertension in humans and rodentsMohamed Izikki
INSERM U841, Faculte de Medecine, 8 Avenue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil, France
J Clin Invest 119:512-23. 2009..Thus, endothelial FGF2 is overproduced in IPH and contributes to SMC hyperplasia in IPH, identifying FGF2 as a promising target for new treatments against PH...
- Feeder layer- and serum-free culture of human embryonic stem cellsM Amit
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, and the Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 31096 Haifa, Israel
Biol Reprod 70:837-45. 2004..The feeder layer-free culture system reported here aims at facilitating research practices and providing a safer alternative for future clinical applications of hES cells...
- FGF-2 enhances the mitotic and chondrogenic potentials of human adult bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsLuis A Solchaga
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Cell Physiol 203:398-409. 2005..With the generation of gene expression profiles of FGF-treated and control cells we have taken the first steps in the elucidation of the molecular mechanism(s) behind these phenomena...
- Local delivery of marrow-derived stromal cells augments collateral perfusion through paracrine mechanismsT Kinnaird
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Circulation 109:1543-9. 2004..Bone marrow cell therapy is reported to contribute to collateral formation through cell incorporation into new or remodeling vessels. However, the possible role of a paracrine contribution to this effect is less well characterized...
- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells in serum-free medium reveals distinct roles for bone morphogenetic protein 4, vascular endothelial growth factor, stem cell factor, and fibroblast growth factor 2 in hematopoiesisMarjorie Pick
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Stem Cells 25:2206-14. 2007..These data demonstrate the utility of the serum-free spin EB system in dissecting the roles of specific growth factors required for the directed differentiation of HESCs toward the hematopoietic lineage...
- FGF2 sustains NANOG and switches the outcome of BMP4-induced human embryonic stem cell differentiationPengzhi Yu
Morgridge Institute for Research, Madison, WI 53715 7365, USA
Cell Stem Cell 8:326-34. 2011..Together, our results demonstrate that FGF2 signaling switches the outcome of BMP4-induced differentiation of human ESCs by maintaining NANOG levels through the MEK-ERK pathway...
- Transcription factor Egr-1 supports FGF-dependent angiogenesis during neovascularization and tumor growthRoger G Fahmy
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Nat Med 9:1026-32. 2003..Egr-1 DNAzymes also repressed neovascularization of rat cornea. Thus, microvascular endothelial cell growth, neovascularization, tumor angiogenesis and tumor growth are processes that are critically dependent on Egr-1...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 induces E-cadherin down-regulation via PI3K/Akt/mTOR and MAPK/ERK signaling in ovarian cancer cellsMan Tat Lau
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e59083. 2013b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is produced by ovarian cancer cells and it has been suggested to play an important role in tumor progression...
- Plasma levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and fibroblast growth factor 2 in patients with major depressive disordersM Takebayashi
Department of Psychiatry, National Hospital Organization NHO Kure Medical Center, 3 1 Aoyama, Kure 737 0023, Japan
J Neural Transm 117:1119-22. 2010..Although this is a preliminary study, altered VEGF levels might be involved in the pathophysiology of MDD...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 inhibits induction of aggrecanase activity in human articular cartilageYasunobu Sawaji
Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:3498-509. 2008Articular chondrocytes are surrounded by an extracellular pool of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2). We undertook this study to investigate the possible role of FGF-2 in aggrecan catabolism by aggrecanase in human articular cartilage.
- Characterization of growth factor-binding structures in heparin/heparan sulfate using an octasaccharide librarySatoko Ashikari-Hada
Institute for Molecular Science of Medicine, Aichi Medical University, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:12346-54. 2004..Thus, the library may provide new reagents to specifically regulate bindings of the growth factors to HS...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor: increased gene expression in inherited and light-induced photoreceptor degenerationH Gao
Division of Ophthalmology, Research Institute FFb, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Exp Eye Res 62:181-9. 1996..We speculate that endogenous bFGF may function as a photoreceptor protection/rescue factor that is activated in response to photoreceptor stress...
- Ex vivo enrichment of mesenchymal cell progenitors by fibroblast growth factor 2Giordano Bianchi
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Exp Cell Res 287:98-105. 2003..Here we report that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2)-supplemented bone marrow stromal cell primary cultures display an early increase in telomere ..
- FGF-2 release from the lens capsule by MMP-2 maintains lens epithelial cell viabilityFrederique M D Tholozan
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Durham University, Durham DH1 3LE, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 18:4222-31. 2007..The lens capsule is also a source of soluble factors including fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) and perlecan, an extracellular matrix component that enhances FGF-2 activity...
- Growth factor-induced shedding of syndecan-1 confers glypican-1 dependence on mitogenic responses of cancer cellsKan Ding
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697
J Cell Biol 171:729-38. 2005..These results support a specific role for shed syndecan-1 or MMP7-syndecan-1 complexes in tumor progression and add to accumulating evidence that syndecans and glypicans have nonequivalent functions in vivo...
- Retention of multilineage differentiation potential of mesenchymal cells during proliferation in response to FGFS Tsutsumi
Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST, Chiyodaku, Tokyo 102-8666, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:413-9. 2001..The FGF+ MSC also retained the osteogenic and adipogenic potential throughout many mitotic divisions. These findings suggest that FGFs play a crucial role in self-renewal of MSC...
- Effects of angiogenic growth factor combinations on retinal endothelial cellsRaquel Castellon
Ophthalmology Research Laboratories, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA Medical School Affiliate, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Exp Eye Res 74:523-35. 2002..Their effects, however, can be greatly augmented by other growth factors that alone exert little or no action. Therefore, diabetic retinal neovascularization may result from the additive or synergistic action of several growth factors...
- Polymorphisms in the promoter region of the basic fibroblast growth factor gene and proliferative diabetic retinopathy in Caucasians with type 2 diabetesMojca Globocnik Petrovic
Eye Clinic, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:168-72. 2008..The second aim was to determine whether serum levels of bFGF are affected by genetic factors...
- Expression of bone morphogenetic protein 2 and fibroblast growth factor 2 during bone regeneration using different implant materials as an onlay bone graft in rabbit mandiblesShamiul Alam
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa and Toyama, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 103:16-26. 2007....
- Upregulation of Flk-1 by bFGF via the ERK pathway is essential for VEGF-mediated promotion of neural stem cell proliferationZhifeng Xiao
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center and Cell Biology Department, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Cell Res 17:73-9. 2007..Collectively, this study may provide insight into the mechanisms by which microenvironmental niche signals regulate NSCs...
- A [polycation:heparin] complex releases growth factors with enhanced bioactivityHunghao Chu
Department of Bioengineering and the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Control Release 150:157-63. 2011..PEAD:heparin] appears to be a promising delivery matrix for many heparin-binding growth factors and may lead to efficient growth factor delivery for a variety of diseases and disabilities...
- Interactions between extracellular matrix and growth factors in wound healingGregory S Schultz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32610 0294, USA
Wound Repair Regen 17:153-62. 2009..Thus, the interactions between growth factors and ECM are bidirectional. This review explores these interactions, discusses how they are altered in difficult to heal or chronic wounds, and briefly considers treatment implications...
- A signaling pathway leading to metastasis is controlled by N-cadherin and the FGF receptorKimita Suyama
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cancer Cell 2:301-14. 2002..These results suggest that protection of the FGFR-1 from ligand-induced downregulation by N-cadherin enhances receptor signaling and provides a mechanism by which tumor cells can acquire metastatic properties...
- Modulation of mitogenic activity of fibroblast growth factors by inorganic polyphosphateToshikazu Shiba
Frontier Research Division, Fujirebio Inc, 51, Komiya, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0031, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:26788-92. 2003..Furthermore, poly(P) facilitated the FGF-2 binding to its cell surface receptors. Because poly(P) is widely distributed in mammalian tissues, it may be a spontaneous modulator of FGFs...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) alleviates the scar of the rabbit ear model in wound healingJu Lin Xie
Department of Burns, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Wound Repair Regen 16:576-81. 2008..The evidence should contribute to a better understanding of the biological activities of bFGF during hypertrophic scar formation...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor synthesis by human omental mesothelial cells is augmented by fibroblast growth factor-2: possible role of mesothelial cell on the development of peritoneal metastasisAkihiro Sako
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Surg Res 115:113-20. 2003..These data suggest that HPMC contribute to the development of metastases and the accumulation of malignant ascites due to the production of VEGF, especially in cancers that do not express enough amount of VEGF...
- Electronegative LDL impairs vascular endothelial cell integrity in diabetes by disrupting fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) autoregulationJonathan Lu
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin St, MS A 601, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Diabetes 57:158-66. 2008..FGF2 plays a pivotal role in endothelial regeneration and compensatory arteriogenesis. It is likely that vasculopathy and poor collateralization in diabetes is a result of FGF2 dysregulation...
- Dexamethasone inhibits basic fibroblast growth factor-stimulated gastric epithelial cell proliferationJiing Chyuan Luo
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 76:841-9. 2008....
- Enrichment and differentiation of human germ-like cells mediated by feeder cells and basic fibroblast growth factor signalingFranklin D West
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, Regenerative Bioscience Center, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Stem Cells 26:2768-76. 2008..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Expression and functions of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) in hippocampal formationSabrina Zechel
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuroscientist 16:357-73. 2010..The focus of this review is on the expression of FGF-2 and its receptors in the hippocampal formation and the physiological and pathophysiological roles of FGF-2 in this region during development and adulthood...
- Identification of growth and attachment factors for the serum-free isolation and expansion of human mesenchymal stromal cellsSunghoon Jung
Pharmaceutical Production Research Facility PPRF, Schulich School of Engineering, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cytotherapy 12:637-57. 2010..Therefore a major step forward would be the identification of defined, serum-free culture conditions capable of supporting both the isolation and rapid expansion of hMSC...
- Autocrine fibroblast growth factor 2 signaling is critical for self-renewal of human multipotent adipose-derived stem cellsLaure Emmanuelle Zaragosi
Institut de Recherche, Signalisation, Biologie du Développement et Cander, UMR6543 Centre National de la Recerche Scientifique, Centre de Biochimie, Faculte des Sciences, Université Nice Sophia Antiplis, Nice, France
Stem Cells 24:2412-9. 2006..This decrease is associated with a decrease in fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) expression and can be circumvented by chronic treatment with exogenous FGF2...
- Generation and characterization of telomerase-transfected human lymphatic endothelial cells with an extended life spanRiccardo E Nisato
Department of Morphology, University Medical Center, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 165:11-24. 2004..The production and characterization of hTERT-HDLEC will facilitate the study of the properties of lymphatic endothelium in vitro...
- Roles of exogenous and endogenous FGF-2 in animal models of depressionJ Jarosik
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, Department of Neuroanatomy, Heidelberg, Germany
Restor Neurol Neurosci 29:153-65. 2011..Several members of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family have been shown to be dysregulated in individuals with major depression, and treatment with antidepressants has been reported to increase FGF-2 mRNA levels in the forebrain...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF, FGF-2) potentiates leukocyte recruitment to inflammation by enhancing endothelial adhesion molecule expressionSandra I Zittermann
Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am J Pathol 168:835-46. 2006..Thus, although not directly proinflammatory, bFGF synergistically potentiates inflammatory mediator-induced leukocyte recruitment, at least in part, by enhancing CAM up-regulation on endothelium...
- Therapeutic potential of fibroblast growth factor-2 for hypertrophic scars: upregulation of MMP-1 and HGF expressionHitomi Eto
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Lab Invest 92:214-23. 2012..Decreased MMP-1 expression may be an important transcriptional change in HTS, and its reversal as well as upregulation of HGF by FGF-2 could be a new therapeutic approach for HTS...
- Faster nerve regeneration after sciatic nerve injury in mice over-expressing basic fibroblast growth factorJulia Jungnickel
Department of Neuroanatomy OE 4140, Center of Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
J Neurobiol 66:940-8. 2006..We propose that endogenously synthesized FGF-2 influences early peripheral nerve regeneration by regulating Schwann cell proliferation, axonal regrowth, and remyelination...
- Novel regulation of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-mediated cell growth by polysialic acidSayaka Ono
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center and the Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:3710-22. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that polySia-NCAM might be involved in the regulation of FGF2-FGF receptor signaling through the direct binding of FGF2 in a manner distinct from heparan sulfate...
- A global transcriptome analysis reveals molecular hallmarks of neural stem cell death, survival, and differentiation in response to partial FGF-2 and EGF deprivationVanesa Nieto-Estévez
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e53594. 2013....
- Long pentraxin 3/tumor necrosis factor-stimulated gene-6 interaction: a biological rheostat for fibroblast growth factor 2-mediated angiogenesisDaria Leali
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:696-703. 2012..b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a major proangiogenic inducer inhibited by the interaction with the soluble pattern ..
- Prolonged survival and milder impairment of motor function in the SOD1 ALS mouse model devoid of fibroblast growth factor 2Nadine Thau
Hannover Medical School, Department of Neurology, Hannover, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 47:248-57. 2012..Basic fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) plays a prominent role in the motor system...
- Effects of medium supplements on proliferation, differentiation potential, and in vitro expansion of mesenchymal stem cellsBorzo Gharibi
Department of Periodontology, King s College London, London, UK
Stem Cells Transl Med 1:771-82. 2012..Loss of differentiation potential was not reflected by changes in stem cell surface marker expression...
- Modulation of the heparanase-inhibiting activity of heparin through selective desulfation, graded N-acetylation, and glycol splittingAnnamaria Naggi
G Ronzoni Institute for Chemical and Biochemical Research, Via G Colombo, 81, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:12103-13. 2005....
- Effect of bFGF on invasion of ovarian cancer cells through the regulation of Ets-1 and urokinase-type plasminogen activatorTing Li
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shanghai First Maternity and Infant Hospital Affiliated to Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Pharm Biol 48:161-5. 2010..bFGF can enhance the invasion ability of ovarian cancer cells in vitro by inducing the expression of uPA, and this effect is also regulated by the transcription factor Ets-1...
- ATP differentially upregulates fibroblast growth factor 2 and transforming growth factor α in neonatal and adult mice: effect on neuroproliferationC Jia
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Neuroscience 177:335-46. 2011..We tested the hypotheses that ATP induces the synthesis and secretion of two neurotrophic factors, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and transforming growth factor alpha (TGFα), and that these neurotrophic factors have a role in ..
- Leukemia inhibitory factor extends the lifespan of injured photoreceptors in vivoSandrine Joly
Laboratory for Retinal Cell Biology, Department of Ophthalmology, Center for Integrative Human Physiology and Neuroscience Center Zurich, University of Zurich, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurosci 28:13765-74. 2008..Our data establish LIF as a Muller cell derived neuronal survival factor which controls an intrinsic protective mechanism that includes Edn2 signaling to support photoreceptor cell survival and to preserve vision in the injured retina...
- Long-term maintenance of undifferentiated human embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells in suspensionMehran Rezaei Larijani
Department of Stem Cells and Developmental Biology, Royan Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Technology, The Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research, Tehran, Iran
Stem Cells Dev 20:1911-23. 2011..Our results will pave the way for scaled up expansion and controlled differentiation of hESCs and hiPSCs needed for cell therapy, research, and industrial applications in a bioreactor culture system...
- A review of the current research on the role of bFGF and VEGF in angiogenesisM Przybylski
Wound Healing Research Unit, Cardiff Universtity, UK
J Wound Care 18:516-9. 2009..Basic fibroblast growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor are thought to play a synergistic role in angiogenesis. They are released into the wound bed during haemostasis and promote the formation of new blood vessels...
- Epidermal growth factor, basic fibroblast growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor-bb can substitute for fetal bovine serum and compete with human platelet-rich plasma in the ex vivo expansion of mesenchymal stromal cells derived from adipose tissKatia Chieregato
Department of Cell Therapy and Hematology, San Bortolo Hospital, Vicenza, Italy
Cytotherapy 13:933-43. 2011..We analyzed the effect of four different medium supplements on the expansion and differentiation of adipose tissue-derived MSC (ADSC) in order to avoid the use of xenogeneic serum...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 increases the expression of neurogenic genes and promotes the migration and differentiation of neurons derived from transplanted neural stem/progenitor cellsE Vergaño-Vera
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avda Dr Arce 37, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
Neuroscience 162:39-54. 2009..Hence, the migration and maturation of neurons derived from transplanted NSC can be promoted by upregulating neurogenic gene expression with FGF-2...
- Loss of HSulf-1 up-regulates heparin-binding growth factor signaling in cancerJinping Lai
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23107-17. 2003..Collectively, these observations provide evidence that HSulf-1 modulates signaling by heparin-binding growth factors, and HSulf-1 down-regulation represents a novel mechanism by which cancer cells can enhance growth factor signaling...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 induction of the osteocalcin gene requires MAPK activity and phosphorylation of the osteoblast transcription factor, Cbfa1/Runx2Guozhi Xiao
Department of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36181-7. 2002b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is an important regulator of bone formation and osteoblast activity. However, its mechanism of action on bone cells is largely unknown...
- Prognostic impact of fibroblast growth factor 2 in non-small cell lung cancer: coexpression with VEGFR-3 and PDGF-B predicts poor survivalTom Donnem
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Norway
J Thorac Oncol 4:578-85. 2009b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2; basic fibroblast growth factor, b-FGF) and its main receptor FGFR-1 are important in both hemangiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis...
- Specific induction of neuronal cells from bone marrow stromal cells and application for autologous transplantationMari Dezawa
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Clin Invest 113:1701-10. 2004..This study shows that a population of neuronal cells can be specifically generated from MSCs and that induced cells may allow for a neuroreconstructive approach...
- Fgf-2 regulates enamel and dentine formation in mouse tooth germT Tsuboi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Dentistry, Aichi Gakuin University, Japan
Calcif Tissue Int 73:496-501. 2003..This histological change was recovered by adding exogeneous FGF-2. These findings suggest that FGF-2 at the bell stage regulates cell differentiation and matrix secretion...
- Effects of FGF-2/-9 in calvarial bone cell cultures: differentiation stage-dependent mitogenic effect, inverse regulation of BMP-2 and noggin, and enhancement of osteogenic potentialAli Fakhry
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 4010 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Bone 36:254-66. 2005....
- Signaling through JAM-1 and alphavbeta3 is required for the angiogenic action of bFGF: dissociation of the JAM-1 and alphavbeta3 complexMeghna U Naik
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Blood 102:2108-14. 2003..In addition, blockage of either JAM-1 or alphavbeta3 inhibits bFGF-induced MAP kinase activation. Thus, our results suggest that signaling through JAM-1 and alphavbeta3 is necessary for bFGF-induced angiogenesis...
- Differentially promoted peripheral nerve regeneration by grafted Schwann cells over-expressing different FGF-2 isoformsKirsten Haastert
Department of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, OE 4140, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 21:138-53. 2006..The results contribute to the development of new therapeutic strategies in peripheral nerve repair...
- Role of Mitf in differentiation and transdifferentiation of chicken pigmented epithelial cellM Mochii
Department of Developmental Biology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Japan
Dev Biol 193:47-62. 1998..The expression patterns of pax6 and Mitf are complementary both in vivo in vitro. Overexpression of Mitf inhibited expression of pax6 in cultured rPECs. These observations suggest that Mitf regulates pax6 expression negatively...
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 is a novel internal ribosome entry site trans-acting factor that modulates alternative initiation of translation of the fibroblast growth factor 2 mRNASophie Bonnal
INSERM U589, Institut Louis Bugnard, Hopital Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Biol Chem 280:4144-53. 2005Alternative initiation of translation of the human fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) mRNA at five in-frame CUG or AUG translation initiation codons requires various RNA cis-acting elements, including an internal ribosome entry site (IRES)..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 promotes endothelial differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cellsHongxiu Ning
University of California, School of Medicine, Knuppe Molecular Urology Laboratory Department of Urology, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Sex Med 6:967-79. 2009..Adipose tissue-derived stem cells (ADSC) could potentially restore endothelial function in vasculogenic erectile dysfunction (ED). The mechanism for ADSC endothelial differentiation remained unidentified...
- Low-density lipoprotein in hypercholesterolemic human plasma induces vascular endothelial cell apoptosis by inhibiting fibroblast growth factor 2 transcriptionChu Huang Chen
MS A 601, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin St, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Circulation 107:2102-8. 2003..Apoptosis of vascular endothelial cells (ECs) can be induced in vitro by experimentally modified LDL. Description of proapoptotic circulating lipoproteins may significantly enhance understanding of atherothrombosis pathophysiology...
- Modulating osteogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells by modifying growth factor availabilityZhinong Huang
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Edwards Building R116, Stanford University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, United States
Cytokine 51:305-10. 2010..Selective, temporally specific addition of growth factors, such as BMP-2 and VEGF appears to be an important strategy to enhance osteogenesis...
- The role of exogenous fibroblast growth factor-2 on the reprogramming of primordial germ cells into pluripotent stem cellsGabriela Durcova-Hills
The Wellcome Trust Cancer United Kingdom Gurdon Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology, Cambridge
Stem Cells 24:1441-9. 2006..We propose that it is from this reprogrammed component of the now heterogeneous PGC population that pluripotent stem cells arise...
- A novel serum-free medium for the expansion of human mesenchymal stem cellsLucas G Chase
Primary and Stem Cell Systems, Life Technologies, 501 Charmany Drive, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Stem Cell Res Ther 1:8. 2010..The ill-defined and highly variable nature of traditional culture media remains a challenge, hampering both the basic and clinical human MSC research fields. To date, no reliable serum-free medium for human MSCs has been available...
- FGF2 plays a key role in embryonic cerebrospinal fluid trophic properties over chick embryo neuroepithelial stem cellsC Martin
Departamento de Anatomía y Radiología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valladolid, C Ramón y Cajal 7, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
Dev Biol 297:402-16. 2006..b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) has been involved in the regulation of these processes, and although it has been suggested that ..
- Sprouty-2 overexpression in C2C12 cells confers myogenic differentiation properties in the presence of FGF2Cristina de Alvaro
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Mol Biol Cell 16:4454-61. 2005..This work is the first evidence of the contribution of sprouty genes to myogenic differentiation in the presence of FGF2...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I is necessary for neural stem cell proliferation and demonstrates distinct actions of epidermal growth factor and fibroblast growth factor-2Y Arsenijevic
Division of Surgical Research and Gene Therapy Center, Pavillon 4 Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurosci 21:7194-202. 2001..These findings suggest that IGF-I is a key factor in the regulation of NSC activation and that EGF and FGF-2 control striatal NSC proliferation, in part, through distinct intracellular mechanisms...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor in the bone microenvironment enhances cell motility and invasion of Ewing's sarcoma family of tumours by activating the FGFR1-PI3K-Rac1 pathwayS Kamura
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Br J Cancer 103:370-81. 2010..However, the role of bFGF in the invasive and metastatic phenotype of ESFT has not been investigated...
- Oligomannurarate sulfate, a novel heparanase inhibitor simultaneously targeting basic fibroblast growth factor, combats tumor angiogenesis and metastasisHuajun Zhao
Division of Anti tumor Pharmacology, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, P R China
Cancer Res 66:8779-87. 2006..These findings suggest that JG3 should be considered as a promising candidate agent for cancer therapy...
- HSulf-1 modulates HGF-mediated tumor cell invasion and signaling in head and neck squamous carcinomaJin Ping Lai
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 23:1439-47. 2004....
- Transfection of mesenchymal stem cells with the FGF-2 gene improves their survival under hypoxic conditionsHeesang Song
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Cardiology Division, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Mol Cells 19:402-7. 2005..1) increased, and new blood vessels formed. These data suggest that genetic modification of MSCs before transplantation could be useful for treating myocardial infarction and end-stage cardiac failure...
- Association of angiogenesis related markers with bladder cancer outcomes and other molecular markersShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Urol 183:1744-50. 2010....
- Dose-dependent response of FGF-2 for lymphangiogenesisLynn K Chang
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11658-63. 2004..We revisited this concept by using fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) (80 ng) to stimulate the growth of both vessel types in the mouse cornea...
- Transplantation of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells improves diabetic polyneuropathy in ratsTaiga Shibata
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Diabetes 57:3099-107. 2008..This study was conducted to investigate the effects of MSC transplantation on diabetic polyneuropathy (DPN) in rats...
- Tripotential differentiation of adherently expandable neural stem (NS) cellsTamara Glaser
Institute of Reconstructive Neurobiology, Life and Brain Center, University of Bonn and Hertie Foundation, Bonn, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e298. 2007..In the presence of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and epidermal growth factor (EGF), this population can be continuously expanded in adherent ..
- Selective recognition of fibroblast growth factor-2 by the long pentraxin PTX3 inhibits angiogenesisMarco Rusnati
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia, Italy
Blood 104:92-9. 2004..PTX3/FGF2 interaction may modulate angiogenesis in various physiopathologic conditions driven by inflammation, innate immunity, and/or neoplastic transformation...
- Retardation of retinal vascular development in apelin-deficient miceAtsushi Kasai
Laboratory of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, OsakaUniversity, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1717-22. 2008..Apelin is an endogenous ligand for the G protein-coupled receptor, APJ, and participates in multiple physiological processes. To identify the roles of endogenous apelin, we investigated the phenotype of apelin-deficient (apelin-KO) mice...
- Structural basis for FGF receptor dimerization and activationA N Plotnikov
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Cell 98:641-50. 1999..A general model for FGF- and heparin-induced FGFR dimerization is inferred from the crystal structure, unifying a wealth of biochemical data...
- A direct role for phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate in unconventional secretion of fibroblast growth factor 2Koen Temmerman
Heidelberg University Biochemistry Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Traffic 9:1204-17. 2008b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is a mitogen that is exported from cells by an endoplasmic reticulum/Golgi-independent secretory pathway...
- In vitro differentiation of transplantable neural precursors from human embryonic stem cellsS C Zhang
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Nat Biotechnol 19:1129-33. 2001..bodies, differentiating ES cells formed large numbers of neural tube-like structures in the presence of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2)...
- Differential intranuclear localization of fibroblast growth factor-2 isoforms and specific interaction with the survival of motoneuron proteinPeter Claus
Department of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:479-85. 2003b>Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is an important modulator of cell growth and differentiation and a neurotrophic factor...
- An efficient method for derivation and propagation of glioblastoma cell lines that conserves the molecular profile of their original tumoursTalal M Fael Al-Mayhani
Cambridge Centre for Brain Repair, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0PY, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Methods 176:192-9. 2009..Improving the efficiency of derivation will facilitate the improvement of in vitro and in vivo model systems to study disease mechanisms, screen drugs and develop novel therapeutic approaches in the future...
- A high pretreatment serum basic fibroblast growth factor concentration is an independent predictor of poor prognosis in non-Hodgkin's lymphomaP Salven
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Blood 94:3334-9. 1999....
- Specific lineage-priming of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells provides the molecular framework for their plasticityBruno Delorme
Institut National de la Recherche et Santé Médicale INSERM, Equipe ESPRI EA 3855, University Francois Rabelais, Faculty of Medicine, Tours, France
Stem Cells 27:1142-51. 2009..Our data highlight the use of BM MSCs for the cell therapy of skeletal or vascular disorders, but provide a word of caution about their use in other clinical indications...
- Effect of different growth factors on the chondrogenic potential of human bone marrow stromal cellsM Mastrogiacomo
Centro di Biotecnologie Avanzate/Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:S36-40. 2001..RESULTS: Among the factors assayed, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) was the most effective in promoting growth of BMSC 'in vitro'...
- Growth factor treatment and genetic manipulation stimulate neurogenesis and oligodendrogenesis by endogenous neural progenitors in the injured adult spinal cordYasuo Ohori
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Neurosci 26:11948-60. 2006..We found, however, that direct administration of fibroblast growth factor 2 and epidermal growth factor into lesioned tissue could induce a significant fraction of GFP-labeled ..
- Wnt regulation of progenitor maturation in the cortex depends on Shh or fibroblast growth factor 2Jane Viti
Department of Neurobiology and Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Neurosci 23:5919-27. 2003..We have shown previously that bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) act antagonistically to regulate the development of a subset of SVZ progenitors that normally ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 applied to the optic nerve after axotomy up-regulates BDNF and TrkB in ganglion cells by activating the ERK and PKA signaling pathwaysIleana Soto
Institute of Neurobiology and Department of Anatomy, University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus, 201 Boulevard del Valle, Old San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
J Neurochem 96:82-96. 2006..Our results suggest that FGF-2 acts on RGCs via FGFR1, activating the ERK pathway and CREB to increase BDNF synthesis, and PKA and CREB to increase TrkB synthesis...
- Age related changes in human articular chondrocyte yield, proliferation and post-expansion chondrogenic capacityAndrea Barbero
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:476-84. 2004..We investigated how aging effects human chondrocyte yield, proliferation, post-expansion chondrogenic capacity, and response to specific growth factors supplemented during expansion...
- Tat and CDK9 on gene expression alterations coupled to HIV-1 Associated DementiaXavier Grana; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Histone Chaperones in AngiogenesisSoumen Paul; Fiscal Year: 2012..transcription is rapidly induced in endothelial cells in response to angiogenic signals, mediated by fibroblast growth factor 2 and epidermal growth factor...
- Genomic adaptation to HIV infection of the CNS in opioid-abusersRajnish S Dave; Fiscal Year: 2012..Knowledge thus gained will help us to advance towards our long-term objective to develop RNA interference based therapies to treat HIV infection and counteract the deleterious effects of opioid-abuse. ..
- Pluripotent Stem Cells: Modeling syncytiotrophoblast development and pathogenesisDanny J Schust; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test this hypothesis in vitro using iPSCs derived from the umbilical cords of babies born to mothers with severe preeclampsia and gestational age-matched control iPSCs. ..
- Eicosanoids and Endothelial Cell DysfunctionGadiparthi N Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- MECHANISM OF RETROCORNEAL FIBROUS MEMBRANEEunDuck P Kay; Fiscal Year: 2010..In our earlier study, we showed that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is the direct mediator of EMT...
- HoxA10 Function During Myeloid DifferentiationELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2011..Therefore, the goal of these studies is to identify novel targets for the treatment of myeloid malignancy. ..
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells from Swine: application to genetic modificationROBERT MICHAEL ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..As the pig is an important reservoir for Salmonella, the LDLR-/- model will have a dual purpose for both agricultural and biomedical applications. ..
- Bioactive Peptides for Mitigation of AGS and Acute Radiation InjuryLurong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..this line, we have designed and synthesized several bioactive peptides, such as FGF-P (binding domain of fibroblast growth factor 2), TPO-P (binding domain shared by thrombopoietin and erythropoietin) and NPY (Neuropeptide Y) and ..
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of the proposed studies will therefore be highly relevant for improving public health, and improving the length and quality of life of millions of patients with ischemic heart disease and heart failure. ..
- Hormonal and Paracrine Regulation of SpermatogenesisBarry R Zirkin; Fiscal Year: 2010..These biosensors will be designed to measure oxidized nucleosides, 8-oxodeoxyadenosine and 8-oxodeoxyguanosine, in the DNA of sperm from infertile men. ..
- Somatostain & Stress-Related Genes in HIV & Comorbid Major Depressive DisorderIan Paul Everall; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data will provide a foundation for clarifying the underlying potential pathological mechanisms of MDD in HIV-infected individuals. ..
- Discovering Microenvironments Promoting Pathological EMT using Array TechnologyNaira Serobyan; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Morphogenesis and function of the cerebral cortexFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both aspects may offer promising leads to correct or reverse the excitatory and inhibitory neuron imbalances that are present in the cerebral cortex of neuropsychiatric and impulse control disorders. ..
- PROTEOLYSIS OF HMW FGF-2 BY THROMBIN AND ITS CARDIOVASCULAR IMPLICATIONSGiuseppe Pintucci; Fiscal Year: 2010..The elucidation of these mechanisms will foster the development of new pharmacological tools for the treatment of the cardiovascular disorders associated with these diseases. ..
- Injury and Recovery in Developing BrainFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..The factors under investigation include Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), the Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), TrkB and its ligand Brain derived neurotropic ..
- BMP2 Gene Regulation in Calcific Aortic Valve DiseaseMelissa B Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2013..End of Abstract) ..
- Role of heparin binding growth factors in vascular leakage and fatal bleedingPatricio E Ray; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Mandibular Cartilage Regeneration In Situ by Endogenous Stem Cell RecruitmentWendy S Vanden Berg-Foels; Fiscal Year: 2013..This therapy will be easily translated to the clinic to treat patients with TMJ cartilage injuries. ..
- Selection of Therapeutic Agents for Articular Cartilage RepairStephen B Trippel; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research project is designed to determine which potential therapeutic agents are good candidates for articular cartilage gene therapy. ..
- Mechanisms of retinal angiogenesisGadiparthi N Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Role of Leptin in the Vascularization of the Developing Corpus LuteumMICHELLE R GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..factors known to regulate luteal angiogenesis including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2)...
- Role of FGF-Signaling in MyelinogenesisRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Retinal Pigmented Epithelium Reprogramming and Retina RegenerationKatia Del Rio-Tsonis; Fiscal Year: 2013..their retina, following retinectomy, via the process of trans-differentiation if exposed to ectopic fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)...
- Regional differences in neural crest and mesodermal derived calvarial bone healinMichael T Longaker; Fiscal Year: 2013..Identification of skull bones with superior healing potential provides insight into novel strategies that can be employed to regenerate, rather than reconstruct, skull bones. ..
- A Novel Mitigation Agent for Gastrointestinal Syndrome of Acute Radiation InjuryLurong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these pre-clinical studies will provide the basis for eventual approval through the animal rule. A preliminary drug development plan has already been discussed with the FDA. ..
- Pathogenesis of HIV-HUS in childrenPatricio E Ray; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Biomaterials for local regulation of growth factor signalingWilliam L Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposed research program will develop a new class of materials that can be used to control the effects of growth factors during engineered tissue development, particularly vascular tissue development. ..
- FGF2 Isoforms in Bone and Phosphate HomeostasisMARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our studies support an important role for the nuclear isoforms of Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 (FGF2) in FGF23 production and biologic function...
- Monoclonal Antibody to FGF2 for Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Other CK Jin Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..is to thoroughly characterize a humanized monoclonal antibody (mAb) that binds and inhibits human Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 (FGF2;basic FGF) for potential use in cancer therapy...
- Transcriptional control of the mouse aA-crystallin locusAles Cvekl; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Multipotent lung mesenchymal cells in neonatal lung injuryMarc B Hershenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the role of multipotent lung mesenchymal cells in the pathogenesis of BPD will lead to improvements in the treatment of this disease. ..
- Mechanism of keratinocyte RXRalpha mediated melanoma skin cancer developmentARUP K INDRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- PULMONARY EFFECTS OF ENVIRONMENTAL OXIDANT POLLUTANTSDALLAS MELVIN HYDE; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Analysis of GFP Transgenes in Odontoblast in DifferentiationMina Mina; Fiscal Year: 2013..These findings will be critical for the development of improved treatments for vital pulp therapy and improved dentin regeneration. ..
- Syndecan-1 and the Arterial Response to InjuryAlexander W Clowes; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- FGF-P to treat post-irradiation GI syndromeAiguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..1) Gross toxicity studies;(3.2) Preparation for good manufacturing practice agent production;(3.3) Preliminary guidance meetings with the FDA. In these meetings, we will clarify best pivotal endpoints and choice of animal species. ..
- A Cellular and Molecular Analysis of the Intravasation Step in Tumor MetastasisJames P Quigley; Fiscal Year: 2012..The goal of the proposed research is to identify the relevant molecules and cellular processes that contribute to tumor cell spread so that clinical intervention can target those critical molecules and processes. ..
- Monoclonal Antibody to FGF2 for Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Other CK Jin Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..objective of the proposed research is to characterize a monoclonal antibody (mAb) that binds and blocks Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 (FGF2) for potential use in cancer therapy...
- Autologous Lung Multipotent Stromal Cell Therapy for EmphysemaEdward P Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2013..This trial design will allow us to recover the LMSC-treated organ for histological analysis to characterize responses to LMSC treatment at the cellular level. ..
- Regulation and Function of FGF23L Darryl Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such knowledge will help us understand and better manage patients with hyperphosphatemic and hypophosphatemic disorders. ..
- Identification of Sulfs as therapeutic targets for the treatment of age-impairedXingbin Ai; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our findings may open new venues for prevention and therapy of aging-related impairment of skeletal muscle regeneration. ..
- Huntington's Disease and NeurogenesisLisa M Ellerby; Fiscal Year: 2012..We are developing a potential therapy to protect neurons or replace them in Huntington's disease. ..
- Signaling mechanisms of FGF2-induced cardioprotectionJo El Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results of this proposal will provide new insights into FGF2-induced cardioprotection and may eventually lead to the pharmacologic or genetic development of FGF2 as a therapy against ischemic heart disease. ..
- Neurodevelopmental Basis of Anxiety and Depressive BehaviorSarah M Clinton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately this work hopes to improve our understanding of the neurobiology of emotional disorders and help to develop improved treatments. ..
- Signaling mechanisms of FGF2-induced cardioprotectionJo El J Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results of this proposal will provide new insights into FGF2-induced cardioprotection and may eventually lead to the pharmacologic or genetic development of FGF2 as a therapy against ischemic heart disease. ..
- Transcriptional Role of BRCA1 in Breast CancerWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..Especially, these natural factors that specifically suppress proliferation and induce breast cancer cell death will potentially provide a novel tumor dormancy therapy for treating breast cancer. ..
- Modulated release of growth factors for stimulating progenitors in aging boneLIISA TIINA KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Contribution of the vascular niche to the hematopoietic reconstitution.Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The role of FGF signaling in suppressing astrogliosisJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2012..This leads us to the hypothesis that FGF receptors act cell autonomously in the absence of injury to suppress astrogliosis. ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR SIGNALING IN HEART INJURY AND REPAIRDavid M Ornitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..This knowledge will be essential to effectively design and implement FGF-based therapies for the treatment of human CVD. ..
- Renal Medullary Stem Cell Niche in Salt Sensitive HypertensionNingjun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Dvelopment of multi-component peptide vehicles for in vivo neuronal gene therapyEster J Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2010..and differentiation of NPCs through the delivery of therapeutic genes encoding mitogenic factors such as fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) can cause increased recruitment to damaged areas in the brain...
- Investigation of Sulf regulation on the noncanonical Wnt signaling pathwayThanh Huu Tran; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also utilize lentivirus expressing the dominant negative Sulf2 to acutely inactivate Sulfs. ..
- A Novel Multilayered Membrane for Periodontal RegenerationMarco C Bottino; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Gene Transfer Treatment of Articular Cartilage DamageStephen B Trippel; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is a translational research project that will combine gene therapy and tissue engineering methods in a pre-clinical model to test a potential new treatment approach to articular cartilage repair. ..
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..data showing that in addition to its role in promoting osteoblast (OB) function and bone formation, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a negative regulator of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into mature adipocytes (AD)...
- Defining a sensitive period for socialization in rodentsArie Kaffman; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- DIFFUSION OF SUBSTANCES THROUGH THE BRAINCharles Nicholson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Development of an imaging technique for fluorescent molecules will provide a relatively inexpensive method for measuring diffusion of drugs in brain tissue. ..
- The Biology of Perlecan in Cancer and AngiogenesisRenato V Iozzo; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- METALLOPROTEINASE EXPRESSION IN CORNEAL WOUNDSDimitri T Azar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Transcriptional up regulation of VEGF and pericellular/transcellular ECM degradation may be two distinct mechanisms by which enzymatically active MT1-MMP promotes angiogenesis. ..
- REGULATION OF CRANIALSUTURE MORPHOGENESISRoy Ogle; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Defective nuclear FGFR1 signaling - a new model for PDMICHAL STACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Cranial Suture Development by TGF-Beta and Fibroblast Growth FactorArun Gosain; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide mechanistic insights into the regulation of cranial suture development, and help to relate mouse and human models of craniosynostosis. ..
- Angiogenesis in a model of diabetes and endothelial dysfunctionFrank Sellke; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope that the results of these studies will bring important insights about the mechanisms inhibiting chronic ischemia induced endogenous angiogenesis and the response to exogenous factors in more relevant animal models of diabetes. ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR CEREBRAL CORTICAL DEVELOPMENTFlora Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2002..Morphometric and immunocytochemical analyses will include areas where FGF1 and FGF2 are jointly expressed during development. ..
- BASIC FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR EXPRESSION IN BONE CELLSMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MAP KINASE REGULATION OF OSTEOBLAST FUNCTIONRenny Franceschi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BASIC AND CLINICAL STUDIES OF COAGULATION PROTEINSCharles Francis; Fiscal Year: 2003..The Program features a focused approach to important problems in hemostasis and vascular biology with a balance between the expertise of fundamental and clinical scientists working collaboratively. ..
- Regulation of Mandibular Condylar Cartialage GrowthRobert Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2006..If the perichondrial cells in MCC share regulatory features with cells in SUT rather than in SOS, this assumption is not only erroneous but may lead to inappropriate treatment strategies. ..
- PEPTIDE REGULATION OF THE CHOROID PLEXUS-CSF SYSTEMConrad Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our long-term goal is to delineate the multifunctional roles of CP in brain fluid homeostasis. ..
- Autogeneration of an Artery: A Biomimetric StrategyElliot Chaikof; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition to morphometric measurements of graft healing, the functional properties of the induced endothelial lining will be characterized using immunohistochemical and other techniques. ..
- Antidepressants and Fibroblast Growth FactorItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data from this proposal may help elucidate the therapeutic efficacy of antidepressants in affective disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASESteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002..10 transgenic mice after administration of OVA peptide. ..
- ROLE OF FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN PROSTATE GROWTHMichael Ittmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..Their final goal is to define the role of FGF 17 as an epithelial derived paracrine inducer of stromal cell proliferation. ..