Genomes and Genes
urinary plasminogen activator
Summary: A proteolytic enzyme that converts plasminogen to plasmin where the preferential cleavage is between arginine and valine. It was isolated originally from human urine, but is found in most tissues of most vertebrates. EC 126.96.36.199.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- uPAR: a versatile signalling orchestratorFrancesco Blasi
Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, DIBIT, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milano, Italy
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3:932-43. 2002....
- An uncleavable uPAR mutant allows dissection of signaling pathways in uPA-dependent cell migrationRoberta Mazzieri
Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, Università Vita Salute San Raffaele and S Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 17:367-78. 2006....
- Relationship between urokinase-type plasminogen receptor, interleukin-8 gene expression and clinicopathological features in gastric cancerKyung Hee Lee
Division of Hemato Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, Korea
Oncology 66:210-7. 2004..Interleukin-8 (IL-8) acts as an angiogenic factor in solid cancer. The purpose of this study was to determine whether the expression of IL-8 and the uPAR gene correlates with clinicopathological parameters in human gastric carcinoma...
- Association of the circulating levels of the urokinase system of plasminogen activation with the presence of prostate cancer and invasion, progression, and metastasisShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:349-55. 2007..To assess whether preoperative plasma levels of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its soluble receptor (uPAR) would predict cancer of the prostate (CaP) presence, stage, and prognosis...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 detaches cells from extracellular matrices by inactivating integrinsRalf Peter Czekay
The Scripps Research Institute, Dept of Cell Biology, Div of Vascular Biology, 10550 N Torrey Pines Rd, VB 3, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 160:781-91. 2003..This novel "deadhesive" activity of PAI-1 toward a variety of cells growing on different extracellular matrices may begin to explain why high PAI-1 levels often are associated with a poor prognosis in human metastatic disease...
- N-WASP activation by a beta1-integrin-dependent mechanism supports PI3K-independent chemotaxis stimulated by urokinase-type plasminogen activatorJustin Sturge
The Randall Centre for Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Function, New Hunt s House, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
J Cell Sci 115:699-711. 2002..Furthermore, PI3K-independent chemotactic signalling by uPA was shown to involve disruption of an interaction between beta(1)-integrins and N-WASP and translocation of N-WASP to the actin cytoskeleton...
- Structure-function relationships in the interaction between the urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptorMichael Ploug
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Curr Pharm Des 9:1499-528. 2003..Furthermore a mapping of the functional epitopes for uPA binding as well as a competitive peptide antagonist of the uPA-uPAR interaction will be discussed...
- The plasminogen activation system in skeletal muscle regeneration: antagonistic roles of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor (PAI-1)Monica Suelves
Program on Differentiation and Cancer, Center for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Spain
Front Biosci 10:2978-85. 2005..Delineating the mechanisms by which the different plasminogen activation system components regulate tissue repair will be of potential therapeutic value for severe muscle disorders...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator is required for the generation of a type 1 immune response to pulmonary Cryptococcus neoformans infectionMargaret R Gyetko
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 168:801-9. 2002..This study provides novel evidence that uPA is a critical modulator of immune responses and of immune cell effector functions in vivo...
- The urokinase plasminogen activator and its receptor: role in cell growth and apoptosisDaniela Alfano
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Adriano Buzzati Traverso, CNR, Naples, Italy
Thromb Haemost 93:205-11. 2005..However, recent evidence highlights an intricate relationship linking the uPA/uPAR system to cell growth and apoptosis...
- Structural basis of interaction between urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptorCyril Barinka
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Mol Biol 363:482-95. 2006....
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its inhibitor type 1 predict disease outcome and therapy response in primary breast cancerNadia Harbeck
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Clin Breast Cancer 5:348-52. 2004....
- Regulation of alpha5beta1 integrin conformation and function by urokinase receptor bindingYing Wei
Department of Medicine and Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 168:501-11. 2005..Direct binding and regulation of alpha5beta1 by uPAR implies a modified "bent" integrin conformation can function in an alternative activation state with this and possibly other cis-acting membrane ligands...
- Reduced metastasis of transgenic mammary cancer in urokinase-deficient miceKasper Almholt
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet 8621, Strand boulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 113:525-32. 2005..We show that metastasis is strongly and selectively decreased in uPA-deficient mice, suggesting that uPA-directed antimetastatic therapy would be efficacious and have limited side effects...
- Urokinase signaling through its receptor protects against anoikis by increasing BCL-xL expression levelsDaniela Alfano
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:17758-67. 2006..In conclusion, the data show that ligand engagement of uPAR promotes cell survival by activating Bcl-xL transcription through the MEK/ERK- and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathways...
- The pro-urokinase plasminogen-activation system in the presence of serpin-type inhibitors and the urokinase receptor: rescue of activity through reciprocal pro-enzyme activationNiels Behrendt
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Strandboulevarden 49, Bldg 7 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Biochem J 371:277-87. 2003..The present mechanism maintains the system at standby level and may be triggered to increased activity without the need for an external initiating event...
- Differential regulation of vimentin mRNA by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate and all-trans-retinoic acid correlates with motility of Hep 3B human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsWan Hee Yoon
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, Chungnam National University and Hospital, 640 Daesa dong, Joong ku, 301 721 Daejon, South Korea
Cancer Lett 203:99-105. 2004..These findings suggest that TPA and RA could modulate the invasive potential of Hep 3B cells by altering cellular motility related to differential regulation of vimentin mRNA...
- Inhibition of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor induces apoptosis in melanoma cells by activation of p53R Besch
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Cell Death Differ 14:818-29. 2007..Inhibition of uPAR induces a pro-apoptotic signalling pathway via p53 that is independent of ERK or FAK signalling. These findings may offer new treatment strategies for metastatic melanoma...
- Activation of hepatocyte growth factor by urokinase-type plasminogen activator is ionic strength-dependentWendy M Mars
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, S411 B Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Biochem J 390:311-5. 2005..These results support a model in which the ability of u-PA to activate scHGF in vivo may be highly dependent on local conditions within the extracellular space...
- Critical role of integrin alpha 5 beta 1 in urokinase (uPA)/urokinase receptor (uPAR, CD87) signalingTakehiko Tarui
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29863-72. 2003..uPAR complex to alpha 5 beta 1 via uPAR, and (c) signal transduction through alpha 5 beta 1...
- Endothelium and disordered fibrin turnover in the injured lung: newly recognized pathwaysSteven Idell
Department of Specialty Care Services, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Crit Care Med 30:S274-80. 2002..Lastly, to review newly recognized posttranscriptional and urokinase-dependent pathways by which the fibrinolytic system is regulated in the lung...
- Expression of plasminogen activators in preimplantation rat embryos developed in vivo and in vitroEliahu D Aflalo
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:7. 2005....
- The urokinase receptor and the regulation of cell proliferationRoberta Mazzieri
Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Thromb Haemost 93:641-6. 2005..Alteration of such a complex and finely modulated mechanism results in unregulated cell proliferation and altered tissue organization, typically associated with tumor progression...
- RNA interference-directed knockdown of urokinase plasminogen activator and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor inhibits prostate cancer cell invasion, survival, and tumorigenicity in vivoSai MuraliKrishna Pulukuri
Department of Biomedical and Therapeutic Sciences Program of Cancer Biology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois 61656, USA
J Biol Chem 280:36529-40. 2005..Thus, RNA interference-directed targeting of uPA and uPAR is a convenient and novel tool for studying the biological role of the uPA-uPAR system and raises the potential of its application for prostate cancer therapy...
- Morphological and biochemical characterization of a human liver in a uPA-SCID mouse chimeraPhilip Meuleman
Center for Vaccinology, Ghent University and Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Hepatology 41:847-56. 2005..Supplementary material for this article can be found on the HEPATOLOGY website (http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-9139/suppmat/index.html)...
- Pooled analysis of prognostic impact of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its inhibitor PAI-1 in 8377 breast cancer patientsMaxime P Look
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:116-28. 2002....
- The pro- or antiangiogenic effect of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 is dose dependentLaetitia Devy
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie B23, Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
FASEB J 16:147-54. 2002..Using specific PAI-1 mutants, we could demonstrate that PAI-1 promotes angiogenesis at physiological (nanomolar) concentrations through its antiproteolytic activity rather than by interacting with vitronectin...
- Engaged urokinase receptors enhance tumor breast cell migration and invasion by upregulating alpha(v)beta5 vitronectin receptor cell surface expressionImmacolata Silvestri
Department of Experimental Oncology, National Cancer Institute of Naples, Naples, Italy
Int J Cancer 102:562-71. 2002..Finally, urokinase enables benign breast MCF-10A cells to cross Matrigel in a alpha(v)beta5- and urokinase receptor-dependent manner, indicating that urokinase controls a regulatory circuitry crucial to breast tumor progression...
- Evaluation of urinary plasminogen activator, its receptor, matrix metalloproteinase-9, and von Willebrand factor in pancreatic cancerShashi R Harvey
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:4935-43. 2003..hallmark of pancreatic cancer is the loss of basement membrane that may be attributed to the action of urinary plasminogen activator (uPA) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9). These enzymes are also implicated in angiogenesis...
- Significant overexpression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in pancreatic adenocarcinoma using real-time quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reactionAiqun Nielsen
The University of Sydney, Department of Surgery, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:256-63. 2005..The aims of this study were to analyze uPA mRNA expression in pancreatic cancer and to correlate this to the expression of uPA protein and to the stage of the disease...
- Marburg I polymorphism of factor VII--activating protease: a prominent risk predictor of carotid stenosisJohann Willeit
Department of Neurology, University Clinics, Innsbruck, Austria
Circulation 107:667-70. 2003..The Marburg I polymorphism of FSAP impairs this potential and may thus facilitate arterial thrombosis...
- Prostate-specific antigen modulates the expression of genes involved in prostate tumor growthB Bindukumar
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Neoplasia 7:241-52. 2005..Our data support the hypothesis that f-PSA plays a significant role in prostate tumor growth by regulating various proangiogenic and antiangiogenic growth factors...
- Quantitative real-time reverse transcription-PCR assay for urokinase plasminogen activator, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1, and tissue metalloproteinase inhibitor type 1 gene expressions in primary breast cancerRemedios Castello
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Centro de Investigacion, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Clin Chem 48:1288-95. 2002..The plasminogen activation system and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) play a key role in the degradation of basement membrane and extracellular matrix in tissue remodeling, cancer cell invasion, and metastasis...
- Regulation and interactions in the activation of cell-associated plasminogenH Myöhänen
Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, P O Box 21, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:2840-58. 2004..The functional role of the PAIs is no longer simply to inhibit overexpressed plasminogen activators, and PAI-2 has an unidentified role in the regulation of cell death...
- Expression of urokinase plasminogen activator, its receptor and type-1 inhibitor in malignant and benign prostate tissuePernille Autzen Usher
The Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 113:870-80. 2005..No immunoreactivity and/or mRNA expression of uPA, uPAR or PAI-1 was observed in cancer cells or in other epithelial cells in any of the cases...
- The urokinase plasminogen activator system: a rich source of tumour markers for the individualised management of patients with cancerM J Duffy
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland
Clin Biochem 37:541-8. 2004..The measurement of uPA components, especially in breast cancer, thus has the potential to help with individualised patient management...
- Inhibition of the invasion capacity of carcinoma cells by WX-UK1, a novel synthetic inhibitor of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator systemSuna Ertongur
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Grosshadern Medical Center, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 110:815-24. 2004..Thus, our results demonstrate the potential of WX-UK1 in vitro as a promising adjuvant antimetastatic therapy of carcinomas...
- Differences in the implantation rates of rat embryos developed in vivo and in vitro: possible role for plasminogen activatorsEliahu D Aflalo
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 653, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Fertil Steril 81:780-5. 2004..To assess the participation of urokinase-type (uPA) and tissue-type (tPA) plasminogen activators in embryo development and implantation...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator potentiates lipopolysaccharide-induced neutrophil activationEdward Abraham
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Immunol 170:5644-51. 2003....
- Prognostic and predictive value of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitors PAI-1 and PAI-2 in operable breast cancerT Cufer
Institute of Oncology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Biol Markers 18:106-15. 2003..In addition, it pointed to a possible predictive value of these tumor markers for response to adjuvant hormone therapy with tamoxifen, which should be confirmed in further studies...
- Transforming growth factor beta1 stimulates urokinase plasminogen activator system on prostate cancer cellsA Unlu
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Biol Markers 18:147-51. 2003..In conclusion, the potential contribution of TGFbeta1 to tumor invasion may be considered as positive, based on both loss of growth inhibition and stimulation of components of the invasive system of prostate carcinoma...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator and its inhibitor, PAI-1, as prognostic markers in breast cancer: from pilot to level 1 evidence studiesMichael J Duffy
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland
Clin Chem 48:1194-7. 2002..The primary determinant of outcome in malignancy is the formation of distant metastases. Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) is a serine protease causally involved in invasion and metastasis...
- The frequent Marburg I polymorphism impairs the pro-urokinase activating potency of the factor VII activating protease (FSAP)J Roemisch
Aventis Behring GmbH, Preclinical Research and Development, Marburg, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:433-41. 2002..These results support the hypothesis that FSAP contributes to the scuPA-dependent plasma fibrinolytic potential, which can be impaired in plasmas containing the FSAP Marburg I polymorphism, for instance...
- Clinical relevance of invasion factors urokinase-type plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 for individualized therapy decisions in primary breast cancer is greatest when used in combinationNadia Harbeck
Clinical Research Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 20:1000-7. 2002..The improvement in clinical risk assessment gained by combining these factors is evaluated here...
- GPI-anchored uPAR requires Endo180 for rapid directional sensing during chemotaxisJustin Sturge
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London SW3 6JB, UK
J Cell Biol 162:789-94. 2003..From these studies, we conclude that Endo180 is a crucial link between uPA-uPAR and setting of the internal cellular compass...
- Extracellular alpha 6 integrin cleavage by urokinase-type plasminogen activator in human prostate cancerManolis C Demetriou
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Exp Cell Res 294:550-8. 2004..These data, taken together, suggest that this is a novel function of uPA, that is, to remove the beta-barrel ligand-binding domain of the integrin while preserving its heterodimer association...
- Mactinin treatment promotes wound-healing-associated inflammation in urokinase knockout miceSharon D Luikart
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Wound Repair Regen 14:123-8. 2006..The results suggest that impaired wound healing in urokinase-deficient mice can be restored by administration of mactinin...
- Ascites induces modulation of alpha6beta1 integrin and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor expression and associated functions in ovarian carcinomaN Ahmed
Gynaecological Cancer Research Centre, Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Br J Cancer 92:1475-85. 2005..Based on these findings, we conclude that ascites can induce selective upregulation of integrin and uPA/uPAR in ovarian cancer cells and these changes may modulate the functions of ovarian carcinomas...
- Thrombolytic agentsDesire Collen
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, KU Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Thromb Haemost 93:627-30. 2005..Following a decade of clinical investigation t-PA and variants thereof are routinely used for treatment of patients with thromboembolic disease...
- Insulinlike growth factor-I-mediated migration and invasion of human colon carcinoma cells requires activation of c-Met and urokinase plasminogen activator receptorTodd W Bauer
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1420, USA
Ann Surg 241:748-56; discussion 756-8. 2005....
- The receptor for urokinase-type plasminogen activator regulates fibronectin matrix assembly in human skin fibroblastsElizabeth Monaghan
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Biol Chem 279:1400-7. 2004..These data provide direct evidence that uPAR and integrin receptors synergistically regulate the levels of fibronectin in the extracellular matrix...
- Activation of urokinase receptor by a novel interaction between the connecting peptide region of urokinase and alpha v beta 5 integrinPaola Franco
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, National Research Council, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Cell Sci 119:3424-34. 2006....
- Gabexate mesilate inhibits colon cancer growth, invasion, and metastasis by reducing matrix metalloproteinases and angiogenesisWan Hee Yoon
Department of Surgery, Cancer Research Institute, Chungnam National University College of Medicine, Daejon, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 10:4517-26. 2004..These results suggest that GM is a novel inhibitor of MMPs and that it may inhibit the invasion and metastasis of human colon cancer cells by blocking MMPs and neoangiogenesis...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphism of the urokinase-plasminogen activator gene during aging and transformation of human diploid kidney cell culturesSafedin H Beqaj
Biologics Technical Operations, Department 456, Abbott Laboratories, 1400 Sheridan Road, North Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 39:343-7. 2003..These results demonstrate that the integrity of the uPA gene is stable and not subject to alterations that accompany cell aging or transformation...
- Preclinical evaluation of 213Bi-labeled plasminogen activator inhibitor type 2 in an orthotopic murine xenogenic model of human breast carcinomaTamantha K Stutchbury
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Mol Cancer Ther 6:203-12. 2007..This will allow detailed safety evaluation in a second species and for the initiation of human studies...
- Urokinase-deficient and urokinase receptor-deficient mice have impaired neutrophil antimicrobial activation in vitroMargaret R Gyetko
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Michigan Medical Center, 3916 Taubman Center Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0360, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:648-56. 2004..We conclude that the uPA/uPAR system modulates several of the crucial steps in neutrophil activation that result in bacterial killing and effective innate host defense...
- Pericellular proteolysis by leukocytes and tumor cells on substrates: focal activation and the role of urokinase-type plasminogen activatorAndrei L Kindzelskii
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 121:299-310. 2004..demonstrated its usefulness in real-time studies of cell migration, and (4). showed that the uPA/uPAR system is an important contributor to focal pericellular proteolysis...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor PAI-I: novel tumor-derived factors with a high prognostic and predictive impact in breast cancerNadia Harbeck
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Thromb Haemost 91:450-6. 2004....
- The urokinase plasminogen activator system: role in malignancyMichael J Duffy
Department of Surgery, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Curr Pharm Des 10:39-49. 2004..Finally, preclinical studies show that either inhibition of uPA catalytic activity or prevention of uPA binding to its receptor reduces tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis...
- Predictive impact of urokinase-type plasminogen activator: plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 complex on the efficacy of adjuvant systemic therapy in primary breast cancerPeggy Manders
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 64:659-64. 2004..The results of this study imply that the expression of uPA:PAI-1 complex independently predicts the efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with primary breast cancer...
- Kinetic analysis of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-2: urokinase complex formation and subsequent internalisation by carcinoma cell linesFares Al-Ejeh
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Exp Cell Res 297:259-71. 2004..PAI-2 was subsequently degraded, presumably within lysosomes. This study is the first to provide definitive evidence for uPA/uPAR-mediated PAI-2 endocytosis...
- Integrin clipping: a novel adhesion switch?Manolis C Demetriou
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Cell Biochem 91:26-35. 2004..The mechanism provides a selective advantage for cancer cell metastasis...
- Receptor-independent role of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator during arteriogenesisE Deindl
Max Planck Institute, Department of Exp Cardiology, Benekestrasse 2, D 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
FASEB J 17:1174-6. 2003..We conclude that arteriogenesis is promoted by an uPA-mediated infiltration of leukocytes that is not dependent on uPAR...
- ERK(MAPK) activity as a determinant of tumor growth and dormancy; regulation by p38(SAPK)Julio A Aguirre-Ghiso
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer Res 63:1684-95. 2003....
- Increased levels of urokinase plasminogen activator receptor in prostate cancer cells derived from repeated metastasisKatie Forbes
Center for Protease Research, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 50105, USA
World J Urol 22:67-71. 2004..These results show that in two progressive derivatives from repeated metastasis of PC-3 cells, constitutive and growth factor-induced uPAR expression is enhanced. This increased uPAR facilitates the properties of growth and motility...
- Independent prognostic value of angiogenesis and the level of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 in breast cancer patientsS Hansen
Department of Oncology, Oncological Research Centre, Odense University Hospital, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Br J Cancer 88:102-8. 2003....
- Enhanced benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients classified high-risk according to urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (n = 3424)Nadia Harbeck
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Technical University, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Cancer Res 62:4617-22. 2002....
- Amino-terminal fragment of urokinase-type plasminogen activator inhibits its plasminogen activationZiyong Sun
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Thromb Res 106:105-11. 2002....
- Urokinase is required for the formation of mactinin, an alpha-actinin fragment that promotes monocyte/macrophage maturationSharon Luikart
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1591:99-107. 2002..These findings support the role of urokinase in the regulation of monocyte/macrophage functions, such as that occurring in inflammatory reactions...
- Convergence of the adhesive and fibrinolytic systems: recognition of urokinase by integrin alpha Mbeta 2 as well as by the urokinase receptor regulates cell adhesion and migrationElzbieta Pluskota
Joseph J Jacobs Center for Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Blood 101:1582-90. 2003..This complex may play an important role in the control of inflammatory cell migration and vascular homeostasis...
- Multiple pathways of cell invasion are regulated by multiple families of serine proteasesMario Del Rosso
Department of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, Florence University, Italy
Clin Exp Metastasis 19:193-207. 2002....
- Downregulation of uPA inhibits migration and PI3k/Akt signaling in glioblastoma cellsNirmala Chandrasekar
Division of Cancer Biology, Department of Biomedical Science, UIC College of Medicine at Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Oncogene 22:392-400. 2003..These results indicate that PI3k/Akt pathway is involved in the signaling cascade required to induce cell migration and that uPA has a direct role in regulating migration...
- Urokinase receptor is necessary for adequate host defense against pneumococcal pneumoniaAnita W Rijneveld
Department of Experimental Internal Medicine, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 168:3507-11. 2002..pneumoniae, a pathogen eliciting a beta(2) integrin-independent inflammatory response. This function is even more pronounced when uPAR is unoccupied by uPA...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator system and breast cancer (Review)Bo Han
Department of Pathology, Wakayama Medical University, Kimiidera 811 1, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:105-12. 2005..Correlations of the uPA system with other informative markers of breast cancer are also discussed...
- Plasminogen directs the pleiotropic effects of uPA in liver injury and repairAngela R Currier
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Children s Hospital Research Foundation and Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 284:G508-15. 2003..These data demonstrate that plasminogen directs the hepatocyte injury induced by uPAT and mediates the reparative properties of uPA in the liver...
- Crystal structure of the human urokinase plasminogen activator receptor bound to an antagonist peptidePaola Llinas
CEA, Departement d Ingenierie et d Etudes des Proteines, CE Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
EMBO J 24:1655-63. 2005..By this unique structural assembly, uPAR can orchestrate the fine interplay with the partners that are required to guide uPA-focalized proteolysis on the cell surface and control cell adhesion and migration...
- The urokinase plasminogen activator: an interesting way to improve myoblast migration following their transplantationE el Fahime
Unité de Recherche en Génétique Humaine, Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, G1V 4G2, Canada
Exp Cell Res 280:169-78. 2002..These results suggest that increasing uPA expression by an appropriate combination of growth factors and ECM components constitutes a possible approach to improving the migration of myogenic cells after transplantation...
- Suppression of rat breast cancer metastasis and reduction of primary tumour growth by the small synthetic urokinase inhibitor WX-UK1Buddy Setyono-Han
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 93:779-86. 2005..In conclusion, our results provide evidence that WX-UK1 as a single agent inhibits breast tumour growth and metastasis in vivo, and thus is a promising candidate drug to treat human cancer...
- [u-Plasminogen activator (urinary plasminogen activator, urokinase) (uPA) and its PA-1 type 1 inhibitor are not only prognostically but also predictively significant and support clinical decisions on therapy in primary carcinoma of the breast]N Harbeck
Frauenklinik der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Germany
Zentralbl Gynakol 125:362-7. 2003..Moreover, our results suggest the use of novel therapeutic agents interfering with the uPA system together with conventional chemotherapy in patients with high uPA/PAI-1 already in early stage disease...
- Mice deficient in plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 have improved skeletal muscle regenerationTimothy J Koh
Department of Movement Sciences M C 194, University of Illinois at Chicago, 901 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 289:C217-23. 2005..Taken together, these results indicate that PAI-1 deficiency promotes muscle regeneration, and this protease inhibitor represents a therapeutic target for enhancing muscle regeneration...
- Crystallization of soluble urokinase receptor (suPAR) in complex with urokinase amino-terminal fragment (1-143)Mingdong Huang
State Key Laboratory of Structural Chemistry, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Fuzhou 350002, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:697-700. 2005..It is shown that uPA is capable of dissociating the oligomerization of suPAR and the crystallization of the suPAR-ATF complex is reported here. The resulting crystals diffract to 3.1 A using a synchrotron X-ray source...
- Prognostic value of uPA, PAI-1 and PAI-2 mRNA expression in primary breast cancerFrederique Spyratos
Laboratoire d Oncobiologie, INSERM E0017, St Cloud, France
Anticancer Res 22:2997-3003. 2002..The prognostic value of uPA, PAI-1 and PAI-2 mRNA expression was studied in a retrospective series of 130 primary breast cancer patients (median follow-up 8.1 years)...
- Cooperativity between the Ras-ERK and Rho-Rho kinase pathways in urokinase-type plasminogen activator-stimulated cell migrationMinji Jo
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12479-85. 2002..This study supports a model in which the Ras-ERK and Rho-Rho kinase pathways cooperate to promote cell migration. Neutralizing either pathway is sufficient to block the response to agents that stimulate cell migration by activating ERK...
- Overexpression of urinary plasminogen activator (uPA) protein and mRNA in thyroid carcinogenesisQuyen D Chu
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 13:241-6. 2004b>Urinary plasminogen activator (uPA), a protease, is one of the critical components of tumor invasion and metastasis. Its expression in thyroid carcinoma and potential role in thyroid tumorigenesis are unknown...
- Rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts constitutively express the fibrinolytic pattern of invasive tumor-like cellsS Guiducci
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:364-72. 2005..For this reason, the expression and the role of such enzymatic system was investigated in synovial fibroblasts (SF) of normal and RA patients...
- Urokinase (u-PA) is produced by collecting duct principal cells and is post-transcriptionally regulated by SV40 large-T, arginine vasopressin, and epidermal growth factorRémi Piedagnel
INSERM, U702, University Pierre et Marie Curie, and Hôpital Tenon, Paris, France
J Cell Physiol 206:394-401. 2006..SVtsA58 cells. EGF increased but AVP suppressed u-PA activity and protein, and these regulations occurred at post-transcriptional level. These results point to a physiological role of u-PA in principal cells of the renal collecting duct...
- Elevation of plasminogen activators in cerebrospinal fluid of mice with eosinophilic meningitis caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensisRoger F Hou
Department of Entomology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Parasitol 34:1355-64. 2004..These results suggest that tissue-type plasminogen activator and urokinase-type plasminogen activator may be play a role in the pathogenesis of eosinophilic meningitis of angiostrongyliasis...
- Plasminogen activator system in oral squamous cell carcinomaE A Baker
Clinical Research Scientist, Professorial Unit of Surgery, University Hospital of North Tees, Stockton on Tees, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 45:623-7. 2007..The plasminogen activator system is involved at many stages of the metastatic cascade, including matrix remodelling, cell proliferation, and migration...
- Effects of insulin-like growth factor I and II on prostaglandin synthesis and plasminogen activator activity in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsFiorella Miceli
Cattedra di Fisiopatologia della Riproduzione Umana, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:372-8. 2005..In conclusion, our results suggest for IGFs a potential involvement in the endothelial dysfunction observed in preeclamptic fetoplacental unit...
- Insight into the profibrinolytic activity of dermatan sulfate: effects on the activation of plasminogen mediated by tissue and urinary plasminogen activatorsMaría Mercedes Castañon
Laboratorio de Hemostasia y Trombosis, Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thromb Res 120:745-52. 2007..It has also been suggested that DS has a profibrinolytic effect, although the exact molecular mechanism is as yet unknown...
- Urokinase receptor cleavage: a crucial step in fibroblast-to-myofibroblast differentiationAudrey M Bernstein
Departments of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:2716-27. 2007..These data support a novel hypothesis that maintaining full-length uPAR on the cell surface regulates the fibroblast to myofibroblast transition and that down-regulation of uPAR is necessary for myofibroblast differentiation...
- The fibrinolytic system components are increased in systemic sclerosis and modulated by Alprostadil (alpha1 ciclodestryn)F Bandinelli
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:671-7. 2005....
- Local heat shock priming promotes recanalization of thromboembolized microvasculature by upregulation of plasminogen activatorsMartin Rücker
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Surgery, University of Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1632-9. 2006..Herein, we determined whether local heat shock priming endogenously upregulates plasminogen activators also in vivo, and whether this promotes recanalization of thromboembolized microvasculature...
- Protein and mRNA expression of uPAR and PAI-1 in myoepithelial cells of early breast cancer lesions and normal breast tissueR Hildenbrand
Pathologisches Institut, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, Universitat Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, Mannheim 68167, Germany
Br J Cancer 91:564-71. 2004....
- Topology of the fibrinolytic system within the mural thrombus of human abdominal aortic aneurysmsX Houard
INSERM U698, Cardiovascular Haematology, Bioengineering and Remodelling, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
J Pathol 212:20-8. 2007..Components of the fibrinolytic system could also represent a target for functional imaging of thrombus activities in AAA...
- [Tumor-associated prognostic factors of the plasminogen activator family: determination and clinical value of u-PA, t-PA, PAI-1, and PAI-2]K Mengele
Klinische Forschergruppe, Frauenklinik der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munchen
Hamostaseologie 25:301-10. 2005..Enzymometric and enzymographic tests are actually conducted only in an experimental, preclinical context...
- Fibrinolysis and host response in bacterial infectionsSimone Bergmann
Max von Pettenkofer Institute, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Thromb Haemost 98:512-20. 2007..Moreover, the role of factors of the fibrinolytic cascade in inflammatory host response due to different bacterial infections will be presented...
- Plasminogen activators promote excitotoxicity-induced retinal damageRaghuveer S Mali
Eye Research Institute of Oakland University, 409 Dodge Hall, Rochester, Michigan 48309, USA
FASEB J 19:1280-9. 2005....
- Stachybotrydial selectively enhances fibrin binding and activation of Glu-plasminogenMasaaki Sasaoka
Department of Applied Biological Science, Tokyo Noko University, Fuchu shi, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 60:674-81. 2007..Approximately 1.2-1.6 moles of [3H]stachybotrydial bound to Glu-plasminogen to exert such effects. The selective modulation of the Glu-plasminogen function by stachybotrydial may be related to alteration of its conformational status...
- Possible role of the plasminogen activation system in human subfertilityInge M W Ebisch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 87:619-26. 2007..To correlate components of the plasminogen activator (PA) system with fertility outcome parameters in participants in an IVF/intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) procedure...
- A role for the plasminogen activator system in inflammation and neurodegeneration in the central nervous system during experimental allergic encephalomyelitisEmma East
Department of Neuroinflammation, Institute of Neurology, University College London, 1 Wakefield St, London, WC1N 1PJ, UK
Am J Pathol 167:545-54. 2005....
- Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Platelets as Cellular TherapeuticsMortimer Poncz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on preliminary data, we chose as proof-of-principle to express urinary plasminogen activator in the developing Megs...
- REGULATION OF EXTRACELLULAR PROTEOLYSIS BY SERPINSDANIEL KNAUER; Fiscal Year: 2004..role of the LRP and two of its co-receptors, heparin sulfate proteoglycans (HSPG's) and the urinary plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) in the differential catabolism of the SERPIN, protease nexin I (PN 1) in complex with ..
- CONTROL OF FIBRINOLYTIC PATHWAYS IN LUNG DISEASESreerama Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Lung Epithelial Fibrinolysis by UrokinaseSreerama Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information could hasten the development of new, mechanism-based interventions for lung disorders, including acute lung injury or lung neoplasia. ..
- CONTROL OF FIBRIN TURNOVER IN PLEURAL DISEASESteven Idell; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work could identify better, clinically feasible therapeutic approaches to prevent pleural fibrosis. ..
- THE ROLE OF UROKINASE IN LUNG T LYMPHOCYTE RESPONSESMARGARET GYETKO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Determine if recombinant uPA can reverse the functional abnormalities in uPA minus/minus lymphocytes. ..
- Corneal Repair: uPA and extracellular matrixAudrey M Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) uPAR cleavage into a non-uPA binding form inhibits cell migration and induces myofibroblast differentiation. The results of these studies will lead to a better understanding of the mechanisms that guide regenerative wound repair. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PLASMIN, FIBRIN, AND METALLOPROTEINASES IN LUNG FIBROSISThomas Sisson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The opportunities provided by the training program will provide the foundation for career advancement and hopefully lead to new therapies for fibrotic lung diseases. ..
- Extracellular Proteinases in Ocular NeovascularizationArup Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such an approach will provide a rational basis for the development of potentially powerful and effective therapeutics for ocular neovascularization. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Targeting Cysteine Proteases: Antiparasitic ChemotherapyJames McKerrow; Fiscal Year: 2008..No Abstract Provided. ..
- Suppression of glioma invasion by a bicistronic constuctJASTI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- Role of TFPI-2 in human gliomas invasivenessJASTI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Urokinase-type Plasminogen Activator System and Pancreatic Stellate CellsAurelia Lugea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therapeutic strategies focusing on the regulation of uPA activation may be central in preventing or reverting alcohol-induced pancreas fibrosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Plasminogen System and Alcoholic PancreatitisAurelia Lugea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therapeutic strategies focusing on the regulation of plg activation may be central in preventing or reverting alcohol-induced pancreas fibrosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Prediction Using Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..basic fibroblast growth factor, gross cystic disease fluid protein-15, alpha-1 acid glycoprotein, urinary plasminogen activator (uPA), uPA inhibitor (PAI-1), and the Thomas-Friedrichson antigens TF and Tn) have each been measured ..
- Protein Profiling in Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Therapy for Liver Cancer by Targeting Energy MetabolismJean Francois Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2007..This translational study combining the use of radiological and basic science research tools is both necessary and fundamental to firmly lay the groundwork for clinical trials. ..
- Prosaposin, a novel tumor marker for prostate cancerShahriar Koochekpour; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MMPs and Synaptic Injury with HIV/METHKatherine Conant; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Growth inhibition of brain tumors by cord blood stem cellsJasti S Rao; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of urokinase receptor expression in colon cancerDouglas D Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Specific Aim # 2, we will determine whether altered glycosylation of u-PAR in the u-PARdeficient population is an initial stimulus for lysosomal degradation of the immature protein. ..
- PATHOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF THE PLASMINOGEN SYSTEMVictoria Ploplis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hypothesis is that cardiac fibrosis will be regulated by urokinase activity and other functions of PAI-I which will be further pursued in future studies of mice expressing functional mutations of PAI-1. ..
- Plasminogen activators and cerebral ischemic injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MR ASSESSMENT OF MAGNESIUM IN ACUTE STROKEChelsea Kidwell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Vaso-occlusive Mechanisms that Induce Hypoxia and Cause Glioma Progression.Daniel J Brat; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal introduces entirely novel concepts that may explain the highly aggressive properties of GBM and suggests therapeutic approaches that could potentially stabilize its progression. ..
- Role of uPA and uPAR in Human Glioma InvasivenessJASTI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of urokinase receptor expression in colon cancerDouglas Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2008..Additionally, we will determine whether this intronic enhancer confers tissue-specific (placenta, wounded skin) u-PAR expression in mice. ..
- tPA in traumatic brain injuryABD ALROOF HIGAZI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together, these studies will provide new understanding of the role of tPA in mediating CNS injury and novel cellular targets and new formulations of tPA that may improve clinical outcome. ..
- Host Protein Degradation by Schistosome ParasitesJames McKerrow; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of type IV collagenase expressionDouglas Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately, the goal of these studies is to identify new transcriptional targets in the MMP-9 promoter that allow for therapeutic intervention to repress expression of this collagenase and oral cancer invasiveness. ..
- Symposium on Retinal/ Choroidal AngiogenesisJohn Penn; Fiscal Year: 2004..J. Donald M. Gass, M.D. has agreed to write an introduction. In this application we request funds to support travel and registration costs of 20 young investigators and 2 keynote speakers. ..
- Biology of Platelet Factor 4ABD ALROOF HIGAZI; Fiscal Year: 2005..The biological studies of PF4 should provide new insights into the regulation of several cardiovascular-related processes, and may offer novel approaches for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- MMPS IN HIV DEMENTIA: EFFECTS ON BBB STRUCTURE/FUNCTIONKatherine Conant; Fiscal Year: 2003..Also, the proposed studies will use both primary brain-derived HIV isolates, which differ from laboratory adapted strains, and normal human cells, which also differ significantly from those of rodent or tumor origin. ..
- Intravascular Thrombosis in GlioblastomaDaniel Brat; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our emerging model represents a paradigm shift in the understanding of GBM and should lead directly to more effective therapies. ..
- Src requirement for u-PAR expression by HGF and hypoxiaDouglas Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Altered Breast Methylation after Low/Hi Dose IsoflavonesEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- EFFECT OF SERINE PROTEASES BY RADIATION IN CNS INJURYJASTI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information in turn should suggest novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Regulation of vasoreactivity by urokinaseABD ALROOF HIGAZI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identification of vasoactive components in uPA and their receptors will provide insight into the pathophysiology of these disorders and identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- The Effect of Black Cohosh Extract on the Human BreastEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should allow us to design a high quality R01 submission involving a larger, randomized study of longer duration which should provide some answers on the potential role of BCE in breast cancer. ..
- Thrombin signaling and HIV dementiaKatherine Conant; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Progestogen Inhibition of Ovarian Cancer Cell MetastasisWilliam Murdoch; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MMPs in neural networkingKatherine Conant; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of our studies should improve our understanding of those CNS inflammatory diseases that are characterized by elevated levels of MMPs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Can nicotinic antagonists prevent tobacco smoke-induced*SERGEI GRANDO; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Mechanisms of cardiac fibrosisApril Stempien Otero; Fiscal Year: 2006..This environment will allow the principal investigator to gain both the technical expertise and the critical thinking skills necessary to develop into an independent investigator in cardiac failure. ..
- The Mechanism of IVIG Action in PemphigusZhi Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The overall goal of this project is to study the mechanisms of WIG action in autoantibody-mediated diseases and develop novel therapies to replace current immunosuppressive treatments, which confer severe side effects. ..
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS AND CEREBRAL HEMODYNAMICS AFTER BRAINWilliam Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to therapies for brain injured children. ..
- MEKK2/3-MEK5 Interaction/Activation/ERK5 Pathway(RMI)BRUCE CUEVAS; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- High Throughput Assay for Screening Compounds(RMI)James McKerrow; Fiscal Year: 2005..Computational and informatics capability is in place to acquire, store and cross-reference this data, and provide access to the scientific community through an open-source website. ..
- Comparative DNA Microarray Analysis of Brain TumorsDaniel Brat; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HIV 1 PROTEINS AND DRUGS OF ABUSE AND METALLOPROTEASESKatherine Conant; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also examine the mechanisms by which these substances may affect MMP production, and identify clinically tolerable compounds which may inhibit such production. ..
- Epigallocatechin gallate, Prostate cancer & AngiogenesisMyoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Keratinocyte Migration by AcetylcholineSergei A Grando; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will identify potential therapeutic agents among cholinergic drugs acting upon specific types of ACh receptors to activate signaling pathways mediating keratinocyte functions during wound epithelialization. ..
- Nicotinic receptor-mediated action of tobacco nitrosamines on respiratory cellsSERGEI GRANDO; Fiscal Year: 2007..These findings will open a door for future mechanistic studies of the intracellular signaling pathways mediating the carcinogenic and tumor-promoting actions of tobacco nitrosamines. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Directed Photodynamic Therapy of Prostate CaJerzy Jankun; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Biomarkers for VEGF and mTOR Blockade in Advanced Renal CancerJaime Merchan; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will be extremely useful for the design of future trials using these agents in renal and other cancers and for future clinical practice. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ultrasound contrast agent enhances ultarsound assisted thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetically Engineered PAI1 for Anti-cancer TherapyJerzy Jankun; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, the best results can perhaps be gained in adjuvant therapy or in early stages of cancer, when the tumor burden is minimal. Our future efforts are directed toward these goals. ..