Genomes and Genes
Summary: A plasma alpha 2 glycoprotein that accounts for the major antithrombin activity of normal plasma and also inhibits several other enzymes; it was formerly called Antithrombin II (AT II) which has now been shown to be identical to AT III; ANTITHROMBIN III DEFICIENCY, hereditary or acquired, results in thromboembolism. It is a member of the serpin superfamily. Some authors use the term antithrombin to refer to antithrombin III.
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Antithrombotic effects of synthetic pentasaccharide with high affinity for plasma antithrombin III in non-human primatesY Cadroy
, , Toulouse, France
Thromb Haemost 70:631-5. 1993The pentasaccharide (PS) comprising the minimal heparin structure capable of binding with antithrombin III (ATIII) and exhibiting anti-factor Xa (anti-fXa) activity in plasma without producing detectable antithrombin activity, has been ..
- Antithrombin III (ATIII) replacement therapy in patients with sepsis and/or postsurgical complications: a controlled double-blind, randomized, multicenter studyF Baudo
Department of Hematology, Ospedale Niguarda, Milano, Italy
Intensive Care Med 24:336-42. 1998..The efficacy of ATIII therapy on mortality was assessed in a selected group of patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) in a double-blind, randomized, multicenter study...
- Antithrombin III in patients with severe sepsis. A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind multicenter trial plus a meta-analysis on all randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trials with antithrombin III in severe sepsisB Eisele
Clinical Research Department, Centeon Pharma GmbH, Marburg, Germany
Intensive Care Med 24:663-72. 1998To evaluate the safety and potential efficacy of antithrombin III (AT III) in reducing mortality in patients with severe sepsis.
- BAY 59-7939: an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitor for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients after total knee replacement. A phase II dose-ranging studyA G G Turpie
HHS General Hospital, Hamilton, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 3:2479-86. 2005..BAY 59-7939, a novel, oral, direct factor Xa inhibitor, is in clinical development for the prevention of venous thromboembolism (VTE), a frequent complication following orthopaedic surgery...
- Caring for the critically ill patient. High-dose antithrombin III in severe sepsis: a randomized controlled trialB L Warren
Brown University School of Medicine, Infectious Disease Division, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, 111 Brewster St, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
JAMA 286:1869-78. 2001..Diffuse microthrombus formation may induce organ dysfunction and lead to excess mortality in septic shock. Antithrombin III may provide protection from multiorgan failure and improve survival in severely ill patients...
- High-dose antithrombin III in the treatment of severe sepsis in patients with a high risk of death: efficacy and safetyChristian J Wiedermann
Department of Medicine, Central Hospital of the Province of Bolzano, Bolzano, Italy
Crit Care Med 34:285-92. 2006To explore if patients with severe sepsis and with a predicted high risk of death (according to the Simplified Acute Physiology Score II) might have a treatment benefit from high-dose antithrombin III.
- Body weight has limited influence on the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, or pharmacodynamics of rivaroxaban (BAY 59-7939) in healthy subjectsDagmar Kubitza
Clinical Pharmacology, Bayer HealthCare AG, Building 429, Aprather Weg 18a, Wuppertal, D 42096, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 47:218-26. 2007..The area under the curve was unaffected by body weight or gender. No other clinically relevant differences were observed, suggesting that rivaroxaban is unlikely to require dose adjustment for body weight or gender...
- Safety, tolerability, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetics of rivaroxaban--an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitor--are not affected by aspirinDagmar Kubitza
Clinical Pharmacology, Bayer HealthCare AG, Wuppertal, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 46:981-90. 2006..This study suggests that there is no clinically relevant interaction between rivaroxaban and aspirin and that the 2 drugs could be administered concomitantly at the doses used in this study...
- Elevation of fibrinogen and thrombin-antithrombin III complex levels of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with retinopathy and nephropathyH Asakawa
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Itami City Hospital, 1 100, Koyaike, Hyogo 664 8540, Itami, Japan
J Diabetes Complications 14:121-6. 2000..Thrombin-antithrombin III complex (TAT) and fibrinogen levels are parameters of coagulation and fibrinolysis...
- Inhibitory effects of antithrombin III on interactions between blood cells and endothelial cells during retinal ischemia-reperfusion injuryKazuaki Nishijima
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:332-41. 2003..This study was designed to evaluate quantitatively the inhibitory effects of antithrombin (AT)-III on the interactions between blood cells and retinal endothelial cells in vivo after transient retinal ischemia...
- Sequence homology between human alpha 1-antichymotrypsin, alpha 1-antitrypsin, and antithrombin IIIT Chandra
Biochemistry 22:5055-61. 1983..Comparison of the amino acid sequence of alpha 1-antichymotrypsin with that of the human alpha 1-antitrypsin has revealed a homology level similar to that between chymotrypsin and trypsin...
- Antithrombin III pretreatment reduces neutrophil recruitment into the lung in a rat model of abdominal sepsisU Koca
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:203-8. 2005b>Antithrombin III (AT III) is a serine protease inhibitor and the mechanism of its anti-inflammatory action is still not understood...
- High-dose antithrombin III prevents heat stroke by attenuating systemic inflammation in ratsSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Oita University, Yufu City, Japan
Inflamm Res 59:511-8. 2010..Although anticoagulants, such as antithrombin III (AT III), inhibit inflammation resulting from various causes, their anti-inflammatory mechanism of action is ..
- Protective effects of recombinant human antithrombin III in pig-to-primate renal xenotransplantationP J Cowan
Immunology Research Centre, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Transplant 2:520-5. 2002..renal xenotransplantation model, we have tested the hypothesis that treatment with recombinant human antithrombin III would prevent or at least delay the onset of rejection and coagulopathy...
- Purification of a modified form of bovine antithrombin III as an HIV-1 CD8+ T-cell antiviral factorRalf Geiben-Lynn
Partners AIDS Research Center, Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases and Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 277:42352-7. 2002..Here we demonstrate that activated CD8(+) T-cells of HIV-1-seropositive individuals modify serum bovine antithrombin III into an HIV-1 inhibitory factor capable of suppressing the replication of X4 HIV-1...
- Safety, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetics of BAY 59-7939--an oral, direct Factor Xa inhibitor--after multiple dosing in healthy male subjectsDagmar Kubitza
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Bayer HealthCare AG, 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:873-80. 2005....
- Cerebrospinal fluid tissue factor and thrombin-antithrombin III complex as indicators of tissue injury after subarachnoid hemorrhageY Hirashima
Department of Neurosurgery, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Stroke 28:1666-70. 1997..We hypothesized that membrane-bound tissue factor (mTF) and thrombin-antithrombin III complex (TAT) in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of patients with SAH become markers indicating brain injury...
- Hamster antithrombin III: purification, characterization and acute phase responseP Mak
Institute of Molecular Biology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 115:135-41. 1996b>Antithrombin III was purified to homogeneity from hamster plasma by affinity chromatography on heparin-agrose, ion-exchange chromatography on Mono Q and size-exclusion chromatography on TSK G3000SWG column with 50% yield...
- Factor XII but not protein C, protein S, antithrombin III, or factor XIII is a predictor of recurrent miscarriageM S Ogasawara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Fertil Steril 75:916-9. 2001OBJECTIVE: To investigate whether a decrease in the values of protein C (PC), protein S (PS), antithrombin III (ATIII), factor XII (FXII), or factor XIII (FXIII) has predictive value for subsequent miscarriages. DESIGN: Prospective study...
- Intravenous administration of antithrombin III induces indefinite survival of fully allogeneic cardiac graftsO Aramaki
Department of Surgery, Nihon University, 30 1 Oyaguchi Kamimachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, Japan 173 8610
Transplant Proc 34:1409-10. 2002
- The Asp(272)-Glu(282) region of platelet glycoprotein Ibalpha interacts with the heparin-binding site of alpha-thrombin and protects the enzyme from the heparin-catalyzed inhibition by antithrombin IIIR De Cristofaro
Haemostasis Research Center, Catholic University School of Medicine, Largo F Vito, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 275:3887-95. 2000..fragment released by the cobra venom mocarhagin on the heparin-catalyzed rate of thrombin inhibition by antithrombin III (AT). GpIbalpha(1-282) inhibited the reaction in a dose-dependent and competitive fashion...
- Improved production of recombinant human antithrombin III in Chinese hamster ovary cells by ATF4 overexpressionTomoshi Ohya
Advanced Medical Protein Research Laboratory, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, 2 25 1 Shodai Ohtani, Hirakata, Osaka 573 1153, Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 100:317-24. 2008To improve the production of recombinant human antithrombin III (AT-III) in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells, the genes encoding transcription factors, ATF4 (activating transcription factor 4) and XBP-1s (the spliced form of X-box ..
- A dose-ranging study evaluating once-daily oral administration of the factor Xa inhibitor rivaroxaban in the treatment of patients with acute symptomatic deep vein thrombosis: the Einstein-DVT Dose-Ranging StudyHarry R Buller
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 112:2242-7. 2008..8% of those receiving standard therapy. These results with simple fixed-dose oral regimens justify phase 3 evaluations (www.ClinicalTrials.gov no.NCT00395772)...
- Partial glycosylation of antithrombin III asparagine-135 is caused by the serine in the third position of its N-glycosylation consensus sequence and is responsible for production of the beta-antithrombin III isoform with enhanced heparin affinityV Picard
Microbiology and Immunology Department, Temple University Medical School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Biochemistry 34:8433-40. 1995Two antithrombin III (ATIII) isoforms occur naturally in human plasma. The alpha-ATIII isoform has four N-linked oligosaccharides attached to asparagines 96, 135, 155, and 192...
- Effects of antithrombin III in patients with disseminated intravascular coagulation diagnosed by newly developed diagnostic criteria for critical illnessAtsushi Sawamura
Division of Acute and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:561-6. 2009A study was conducted to test the hypotheses that antithrombin III (antithrombin) improves disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) when applied to DIC patients diagnosed by sensitive criteria and that the administration of high-dose ..
- Recurrent deletion in the human antithrombin III geneC B Grundy
Charter Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Thrombosis Research Institute, Chelsea, London, UK
Blood 78:1027-32. 1991Eight unrelated patients with recurrent thromboembolism, a family history of thrombosis, and plasma antithrombin III (ATIII) activity/antigen levels consistent with a diagnosis of heterozygous type I ATIII deficiency were studied by ..
- Enzymatic synthesis of antithrombin III-binding heparan sulfate pentasaccharideBalagurunathan Kuberan
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Biotechnol 21:1343-6. 2003..We rapidly and efficiently assembled the antithrombin III-binding pentasaccharide in just 6 steps, in contrast to the approximately 60 steps needed for its chemical ..
- Impact of graded hypothermia on coagulation and fibrinolysisChryssoula Staikou
1st Department of Anesthesiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Aretaieio Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Surg Res 167:125-30. 2011..study was to investigate the effect of graded hypothermia on markers of the anticoagulant system (antithrombin III and protein C) and fibrinolytic system (plasminogen, α(2)-antiplasmin), and on vascular wall and other ..
- Effect of a platelet activating factor antagonist and antithrombin III on septicemia and endotoxemia in ratsY Inoue
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 163:175-85. 1991..The administration of the platelet-activating factor antagonist, CV-6209, or of human antithrombin III, ameliorated DIC significantly by limiting the increases in prothrombin time, activated partial ..
- Serpin receptor 1: a hepatic receptor that mediates the clearance of antithrombin III-proteinase complexesS V Pizzo
Department of Pathology and Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
Am J Med 87:10S-14S. 1989b>Antithrombin III (ATIII) clearance from blood occurs by redistribution into the extravascular compartment and by binding to the endothelial surface...
- Inhibition of HCV by the serpin antithrombin IIIMohammed Asmal
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, BIDMC, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Virol J 9:226. 2012..We have recently shown that ATIII, a serine protease inhibitor (serpin), has broad antiviral properties...
- Formation of factors IXa and Xa by the extrinsic pathway: differential regulation by tissue factor pathway inhibitor and antithrombin IIIGenmin Lu
Joseph Stokes Research Institute, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17241-9. 2004..a system reconstituted with both X and IX and the principal physiologic inhibitors of this pathway TFPI and antithrombin III (AT)...
- Antithrombin III activity and platelet count are more likely to decrease in twin pregnancies than in singleton pregnanciesTetsuo Tsunoda
Deparetment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:840-5. 2002It is not known whether antithrombin III activity and platelet count are more likely to decrease in women with twin pregnancies than singleton pregnancies.
- Decrease in antithrombin III fucosylation by expressing GDP-fucose transporter siRNA in Chinese hamster ovary cellsTakeshi Omasa
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 106:168-73. 2008..When synthetic small interfering RNA (siRNA) against CHO GFT was introduced into human antithrombin III (AT-III)-producing recombinant CHO cells, defucosylated AT-III increased by 30-40% after 3-d incubation...
- Antithrombin III injection via the portal vein suppresses liver damageMasayuki Miyazaki
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 18:1884-91. 2012To investigate the effects of antithrombin III (AT III) injection via the portal vein in acute liver failure.
- Clinical review: molecular mechanisms underlying the role of antithrombin in sepsisChristian J Wiedermann
2nd Divison of Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Central Hospital of Bolzano, Bolzano, Italy
Crit Care 10:209. 2006..Final assessment of the drug's effectiveness, however, must await the availability of positive, prospective, randomized and placebo-controlled studies...
- Cell-surface heparan sulfate proteoglycan-mediated regulation of human neutrophil migration by the serpin antithrombin IIIS Dunzendorfer
Department of Internal Medicine, Innsbruck University Hospital, Innsbruck, Austria, and Aventis Behring GmbH Research, Marburg, Germany
Blood 97:1079-85. 2001The serpin antithrombin III (AT III) is reported to have hemostasis-regulating and anti-inflammatory properties...
- Effect of ultrasound on structure and functional properties of antithrombin III and proteins of PPSB complexV M Shkumatov
Research Institute of Physical Chemical Problems, Belarusian State University, Minsk 220050, Belarus
Biochemistry (Mosc) 69:195-200. 2004..4) on homogeneous antithrombin III was accompanied by formation of aggregates and a latent form of serpin...
- Level of antithrombin III, protein C, protein S and other selected parameters of coagulation and fibrinolysis in the blood of the patients with recurrent deep venous thrombosisAndrzej Swiatkiewicz
Clinic of General Surgery, Medical University of Bydgoszcz, Poland
Med Sci Monit 8:CR263-8. 2002Thrombophilia is caused mainly by disturbances of hemostasis involving excessive coagulation system activation, reduction of anticoagulation system (antithrombin III, protein C, protein S, RAPC) or fibrinolytic activity.
- Ostrich antithrombin III: kinetics and mechanism of inhibition of ostrich thrombinCarminita L Frost
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Port Elizabeth, P O Box 1600, South Africa
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:1164-71. 2002..b>Antithrombin III (ATIII) was purified from ostrich plasma by heparin-Sepharose and Super Q-650S chromatography...
- Familial overexpression of beta antithrombin caused by an Asn135Thr substitutionT A Bayston
Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
Blood 93:4242-7. 1999..This case represents a novel cause of antithrombin deficiency, removal of glycosylation concensus sequence, and highlights the potentially important role of beta antithrombin in regulating coagulation...
- The intact and cleaved human antithrombin III complex as a model for serpin-proteinase interactionsH A Schreuder
BIOSON Research Institute, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh, The Netherlands
Nat Struct Biol 1:48-54. 1994..The intact reactive site loop is in a novel conformation that seems well suited for interaction with proteinases such as thrombin and blood coagulation factor Xa...
- Molecular cloning and cell-free expression of mouse antithrombin IIIJ K Wu
Canadian Red Cross Society Blood Transfusion Service, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Thromb Haemost 68:291-6. 1992The homology between antithrombin III (AT-III) of mouse, of man, and that of other species was investigated. Preliminary experiments showed that mouse AT-III inhibited human alpha-thrombin efficiently (second order rate constant [K2nd] 5...
- Comparison of general and spinal anesthesia and their influence on hemostatic markers in patients undergoing total hip arthroplastySabine Brueckner
Department of Anesthesiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Subdivision of Hemostaseology, University of Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23528 Luebeck, Germany
J Clin Anesth 15:433-40. 2003..To evaluate the profile of molecular hemostatic markers in patients receiving either spinal or balanced general anesthesia for total hip arthroplasty...
- Dose response of intravenous heparin on markers of thrombosis during primary total hip replacementN E Sharrock
Department of Anesthesiology, The Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Anesthesiology 90:981-7. 1999..This study assesses the effect of two doses of unfractionated intravenous heparin administered before femoral preparation during THR on circulating markers of thrombosis...
- Treatment effects of high-dose antithrombin without concomitant heparin in patients with severe sepsis with or without disseminated intravascular coagulationJ Kienast
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology Oncology, Westfaelische Wilhelms University, Muenster, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 4:90-7. 2006..Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) is a serious complication of sepsis that is associated with a high mortality...
- The anticoagulant activation of antithrombin by heparinL Jin
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:14683-8. 1997..This clear definition of the binding site will provide a structural basis for developing heparin analogues that are more specific toward their intended target antithrombin and therefore less likely to exhibit side effects...
- Regional citrate versus systemic heparin anticoagulation for continuous renal replacement in critically ill patientsDemetrios J Kutsogiannis
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, The University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Kidney Int 67:2361-7. 2005....
- AIDS and thrombosis: retrospective study of 131 HIV-infected patientsM W Saif
National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 15:311-20. 2001....
- Anti-viral activity of human antithrombin IIIDavid R Elmaleh
Division of Nuclear Medicine and Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Mol Med 16:191-200. 2005..CD8+ T-cell-modified antithrombin III (ATIII) accounts for some of the described CD8+ T-cell anti-viral activity...
- Structural view of glycosaminoglycan-protein interactionsAnne Imberty
CERMAV CNRS affiliated with Université Joseph Fourier, BP 53, F 38041 Grenoble, France
Carbohydr Res 342:430-9. 2007..The example of interactions between heparin and antithrombin III illustrates how such a complex mechanism as the regulation of blood coagulation by a specific pentasaccharide ..
- High dose of antithrombin III induces indefinite survival of fully allogeneic cardiac grafts and generates regulatory cellsOsamu Aramaki
Department of Surgery, Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan
Transplantation 75:217-20. 2003The authors investigated whether antithrombin III (AT-III) could induce unresponsiveness to alloantigens.
- Recombinant human antithrombin III restores heparin responsiveness and decreases activation of coagulation in heparin-resistant patients during cardiopulmonary bypassM S Avidan
Department of Anesthesiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:107-13. 2005We sought to evaluate the efficacy of recombinant human antithrombin III for restoration of heparin responsiveness in heparin-resistant patients scheduled for cardiac surgery.
- Antithrombin III concentrate to treat heparin resistance in patients undergoing cardiac surgeryJohn H Lemmer
Northwest Surgical Associates, Portland, OR 97210, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 123:213-7. 2002The purpose of this report is to describe the clinical use of antithrombin III concentrate in 53 patients who were found, in the operating room before cardiopulmonary bypass, to be heparin resistant.
- Reduction of ischemia/reperfusion injury by antithrombin III after experimental pancreas transplantationThilo Hackert
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Surg 189:92-7. 2005Graft pancreatitis is a major complication after pancreas transplantation. Antithrombin III (AT III) is an anticoagulatory and anti-inflammatory substance...
- Antithrombin reduces ischemia/reperfusion-induced renal injury in rats by inhibiting leukocyte activation through promotion of prostacyclin productionAkio Mizutani
Intensive Care Unit, Oita Medical University, Japan
Blood 101:3029-36. 2003..The therapeutic effects of AT might be mainly mediated by PGI(2) released from endothelial cells through interaction of AT with cell surface glycosaminoglycans...
- Immunocytochemical localization of endogenous anti-thrombin III in the vasculature of rat tissues reveals locations of anticoagulantly active heparan sulfate proteoglycansY Xu
Laboratory of Electron Microscopy, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Histochem Cytochem 42:1365-76. 1994....
- Impact of antithrombin III concentrates on portal vein thrombosis after splenectomy in patients with liver cirrhosis and hypersplenismHirofumi Kawanaka
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Surg 251:76-83. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the role of antithrombin III (AT-III) in portal vein thrombosis (PVT) after splenectomy in cirrhotic patients.
- A case of acute myocardial infarction with repetitive stent thrombosis during emergent percutaneous coronary intervention. Transient decrease in antithrombin III activity and heparin resistanceBunji Kaku
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Toyama Red Cross Hospital, Toyama, Japan
Int Heart J 50:111-9. 2009..In the acute phase, a decrease in the antithrombin III activity (65%) was noted and with administration of argatroban, prolongation of the aPTT was achieved...
- The serine protease inhibitor antithrombin III inhibits LPS-mediated NF-kappaB activation by TLR-4A Mansell
Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
FEBS Lett 508:313-7. 2001..The serpin antithrombin III (ATIII) and the thrombin inhibitor hirudin both inhibited nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB activation by LPS and ..
- Enzymatic modification of heparan sulfate on a biochip promotes its interaction with antithrombin IIIM Hernaiz
Division of Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:292-7. 2000..Surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy showed a low affinity interaction with antithrombin III (ATIII) when it was flowed over a surface containing heparan sulfate...
- Antithrombin III pretreatment reduces neutrophil recruitment into the lung and skeletal muscle tissues in the rat model of bilateral lower limb ischemia and reperfusion: a pilot studyS Duru
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1142-8. 2005Anti-inflammatory action of Antithrombin III (AT III) is still not well understood in ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury...
- Antithrombin III attenuates pulmonary tissue injury caused by mesenteric ischemia-reperfusionFaruk O Aytekin
Department of General Surgery, Pamukkale University, Medical School, Denizli, Turkey
Am J Surg 189:161-6. 2005..Here, we examined the effects of antithrombin on pulmonary injury after mesenteric I/R...
- Activated cytotoxic T cells and NK cells in severe sepsis and septic shock and their role in multiple organ dysfunctionSacha Zeerleder
Central Hematology Laboratory, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Clin Immunol 116:158-65. 2005..Activated cytotoxic cells reflected by elevated granzymes A and/or B were found in 50% of our sepsis patients. This group showed a higher mortality and a worse organ function...
- Enzymatic preparation of heparin oligosaccharides containing antithrombin III binding sitesT Toida
Division of Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 271:32040-7. 1996..2.2.7) in an attempt to prepare oligosaccharides having intact antithrombin III binding sites...
- Elimination of P1 arginine 393 interaction with underlying glutamic acid 255 partially activates antithrombin III for thrombin inhibition but not factor Xa inhibitionMohamad Aman Jairajpuri
Department of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 277:24460-5. 2002The mechanism for heparin activation of antithrombin III has been postulated to involve disruption of interactions between its reactive loop P1 residue and Glu(255) on the underlying protein surface...
- Contribution of capsaicin-sensitive sensory neurons to antithrombin-induced reduction of ischemia/reperfusion-induced liver injury in ratsNaoaki Harada
Department of Diagnostic Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Honjo 1 1 1, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Thromb Haemost 93:48-56. 2005..In this process, CGRP-induced activation of both endothelial nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-1 might be critically involved...
- Adverse effect of heparin on antithrombin action during endotoxemia: microhemodynamic and cellular mechanismsJohannes N Hoffmann
Department of Surgery, Chirurgische Klinik, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Marchioninistr 15, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
Thromb Haemost 88:242-52. 2002..These results indicate that heparin should be avoided to permit AT to modulate LPS-induced inflammatory responses...
- Cloning and expression of the cDNA for human antithrombin IIIS C Bock
Nucleic Acids Res 10:8113-25. 1982A partial cDNA clone for human antithrombin III (ATIII) was obtained by screening a cDNA library prepared from size fractionated liver RNA with a pool of eight 16-base long synthetic DNA fragments whose sequence was determined from ..
- Plasma antithrombin III and protein C levels in early recognition of late-onset sepsis in newbornsRyszard Lauterbach
Department of Neonatology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Kopernika 23, 31 501 Cracow, Poland
Eur J Pediatr 165:585-9. 2006The aim of this prospective, observational study was to establish the prognostic values of plasma antithrombin III (ATIII) and protein C (PC) functional levels, determined in 150 neonates with suspected late-onset sepsis.
- Characterization of heparin oligosaccharides binding specifically to antithrombin III using mass spectrometryHicham Naimy
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 670 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Biochemistry 47:3155-61. 2008..we describe a hydrophobic trapping assay for screening a library of heparin hexasaccharides for binders to antithrombin III (ATIII)...
- Latex immunoturbidimetric assay for soluble fibrin complexAkiei Hamano
Central Research Laboratory of Nissui Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Ibaraki 307 0036, Japan
Clin Chem 51:183-8. 2005..Its detection and quantification are useful for obtaining information about the condition and degree of intravascular coagulation in early-stage thrombosis, but there is no rapid method to measure SFC in plasma for clinical use...
- Antithrombin III phenylalanines 122 and 121 contribute to its high affinity for heparin and its conformational activationMohamad Aman Jairajpuri
Departments of Medicine and Bioengineering, Health Science Center, University of Utah, 50 N Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15941-50. 2003The dissociation equilibrium constant for heparin binding to antithrombin III (ATIII) is a measure of the cofactor's binding to and activation of the proteinase inhibitor, and its salt dependence indicates that ionic and non-ionic ..
- Predictive value of antithrombin III and serum C-reactive protein concentration in critically ill patients with suspected sepsisVille Pettila
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Crit Care Med 30:271-5. 2002To evaluate at admission the performance of serum antithrombin III, serum C-reactive protein, white blood cell and platelet counts, and thromboplastin time values in prediction of hospital mortality rates in critically ill patients with ..
- High antithrombin III levels attenuate hemostatic activation and leukocyte activation during cardiopulmonary bypassAndreas Koster
Department of Anesthesia, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Augustenburgerplatz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:906-7. 2003
- Reference intervals for plasma levels of fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, free protein S and antithrombin during third-trimester pregnancyK Wickstrom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institute at Stockholm Söder Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 64:31-40. 2004..Clearly, current reference values based on healthy non-pregnant subjects are not usable during late pregnancy and immediately postpartum...
- Reduced levels of fibrin (antithrombin I) and antithrombin III underlie coagulopathy following complex cardiac surgeryRoman M Sniecinski
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 19:178-9. 2008
- Roles of protein C, protein S, and antithrombin III in acute leukemiaAshish Dixit
Department of Hematology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Am J Hematol 81:171-4. 2006Protein C, protein S, and antithrombin III were measured in 35 patients with acute leukemia (13 with AML and 22 with ALL). Low levels of proteins C and S were present in 15 (42.9%) and 20 (57...
- Coagulation inhibitors in preeclamptic pregnant womenMehmet A Osmanagaoglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:227-30. 2005..Our objective was to detect clinical evaluation of coagulation inhibitors in preeclamptic and normotensive pregnant women and to determine their important role in pathogenesis of preeclampsia...
- A synthetic antithrombin III binding pentasaccharide is now a drug! What comes next?Maurice Petitou
Département Cardiovasculaire Thrombose, Sanofi Synthelabo, 195 route d Espagne, 31036 Toulouse Cedex, France
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 43:3118-33. 2004..In the early 1980s it was discovered that a unique pentasaccharide domain in some heparin chains activates antithrombin III (AT-III), a serine protease inhibitor that blocks thrombin and factor Xa in the coagulation cascade...
- Hemostatic and fibrinolytic status in patients with ovarian cancer and benign ovarian cysts: could D-dimer and antithrombin III levels be included as prognostic markers for survival outcome?S C Koh
National University of Singapore, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University Hospital, Singapore
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 7:141-8. 2001..Enhanced thrombin generation, evidenced by increased F1+2 and decreased antithrombin III (ATIII) levels with further enhanced fibrinolysis by elevated D-dimer, was seen in advanced cancer...
- Haemostatic changes; plasma levels of alpha2-antiplasmin-plasmin complex and thrombin-antithrombin III complex in female breast cancerO Ozyilkan
Bayindir Tip Merkezi, Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Tumori 84:364-7. 1998..the fibrinolytic system marker alpha2-antiplasmin-plasmin complex (APP) and clotting system marker thrombin-antithrombin III complex (TAT) in patients with breast cancer and compare them with CA 15-3, the most well-known breast cancer ..
- Uncoupling of protein C and antithrombin III activity in cerebral ischemia patients associated with cutis marmorataTzu Hui Li
Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, and School of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Acta Neurol Taiwan 17:233-8. 2008..Unlike Sneddon syndrome, a detailed immunocoagulation profile has not yet been delineated for cutis marmorata in patients with cerebral ischemia...
- Calcium enhances heparin catalysis of the antithrombin-factor Xa reaction by a template mechanism. Evidence that calcium alleviates Gla domain antagonism of heparin binding to factor XaA R Rezaie
Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Biol Chem 273:16824-7. 1998....
- Influence of antithrombin III on coagulation and inflammation in porcine septic shockG Dickneite
Centeon Pharma GmbH, 35002 Marburg Medical Clinic, Justus Liebig University, 35385 Giebetaen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:1566-72. 1999The physiological inhibitor of thrombin, antithrombin III (ATIII, Kybernin P) was investigated for its antiinflammatory and anticoagulant effects in a pig model of septic shock. Pigs were infused with a dose of 0.25 microgram. kg-1...
- Antithrombin III inhibits nuclear factor kappaB activation in human monocytes and vascular endothelial cellsChristian Oelschläger
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Giessen, Germany
Blood 99:4015-20. 2002The serpin antithrombin III (AT III), the most important natural inhibitor of thrombin activity, has been shown to exert marked anti-inflammatory properties and proven to be efficacious in experimental models of sepsis, septic shock, and ..
- Activated protein C resistance in Turkish women with severe preeclampsiaM Cetin
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Erciyes University Medical School, Kayseri, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 52:168-72. 2001..05). Our results indicate that acquired APC-R may be a contributory factor in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia...
- Haemodilution-induced enhancement of coagulation is attenuated in vitro by restoring antithrombin III to pre-dilution concentrationsT G Ruttmann
Department of Anaesthesia and Haematology, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Anaesth Intensive Care 29:489-93. 2001..an in vitro study to determine whether the effect can be moderated or prevented when the reduction in antithrombin III caused by dilution is prevented by supplementation. Blood from 20 volunteers was divided into four samples...
- Autoantibody against prothrombin aberrantly alters the proenzyme to facilitate formation of a complex with its physiological inhibitor antithrombin III without thrombin conversionS Madoiwa
Division of Cell and Molecular Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi-machi, Tochigi 329-0498, Japan
Blood 97:3783-9. 2001..The antibody-bound prothrombin formed a stable stoichiometric complex with antithrombin III, consisting of intact prothrombin and an antithrombin III molecule cleaved at the (393)Arg-(394)Ser bond...
- Complete antithrombin deficiency in mice results in embryonic lethalityK Ishiguro
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Clin Invest 106:873-8. 2000..These findings suggest that antithrombin is essential for embryonic survival and that it plays an important role in regulation of blood coagulation in the myocardium and liver...
- Antithrombin III in critically ill patientsA Torossian
BMJ 335:1219-20. 2007
- High dose antithrombin III inhibits HMGB1 and improves endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in ratsSatoshi Hagiwara
Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Brain and Nerve Science, Anesthesiology, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Hasamamachi, Yufu City, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Intensive Care Med 34:361-7. 2008High mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) is an important factor in the development of sepsis. Previous work suggests that antithrombin III (ATIII) inhibits inflammation, but the mechanism of action is still poorly understood.
- Natural anticoagulants (antithrombin III, protein C, and protein S) in patients with mild to moderate ischemic strokeE Haapaniemi
Department of Neurology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Neurol Scand 105:107-14. 2002The role of the natural anticoagulants, antithrombin III (AT III), protein C (PC), and protein S (PS), in patients with mild to moderate ischemic stroke remains uncertain...
- Recombinant human antithrombin III improves survival and attenuates inflammatory responses in baboons lethally challenged with Escherichia coliM C Minnema
Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands the Laboratory for Experimental and Clinical Immunology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 95:1117-23. 2000Plasma-derived antithrombin III (ATIII) prevents the lethal effects of Escherichia coli infusion in baboons, but the mechanisms behind this effect are not clear...
- The role of antithrombin III in critical patients in obstetricsS Mangione
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Emergency, University of Palermo, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 68:449-53. 2002..Inflammatory cytokines (IL 6, TNF, IL 10), Antithrombin III (AT III), Protein C (PC) and Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI) plasma level and Organ Disfunction ..
- Conformational transitions induced in heparin octasaccharides by binding with antithrombin IIIMarco Guerrini
G Ronzoni Institute for Chemical and Biochemical Research, Via G Colombo 81, 20133 Milan, Italy
Biochem J 399:191-8. 2006..Thus, for each AT binding sequence longer than AGA*IA, the interactions with the protein could differ and give to each heparin fragment a specific biological response...
- The antithrombin III-saving effect of reduced systemic heparinization and heparin-coated circuitsMarco Ranucci
Departments of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Center E Malan University of Milan, Istituto Policlinico S Donato, Milan, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:316-20. 2002To investigate the perioperative changes of antithrombin III (AT-III) activity using reduced systemic heparinization and the possible role of AT-III in determining a better postoperative outcome.
- Antithrombin III in critically ill patients: systematic review with meta-analysis and trial sequential analysisArash Afshari
Department of Anaesthesiology, Rigshospitalet, Juliane Marie Centre, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMJ 335:1248-51. 2007To evaluate the benefits and harms of antithrombin III in critically ill patients.
- Inhibitory effects of antithrombin III against leukocyte rolling and infiltration during endotoxin-induced uveitis in ratsK Yamashiro
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan. Department of Ophthalmology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:1553-60. 2001..The current findings suggest that ATIII may have a role in the management of patients with uveitis...
- Hyperproduction of fibrin and inefficacy of antithrombin III and alpha2 macroglobulin in the presence of bacterial porinsBiagio Di Micco
Clinical Chemistry, University of Sannio, Benevento, Italy
Int J Exp Pathol 86:241-5. 2005..Also, fibrin hyperproduction took place even in the presence of the thrombin inhibitors antithrombin III (AT III) or alpha2 macroglobulin (alpha2M)...
- Characterization of antithrombin III from human plasma by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and capillary electrophoretic methodsLeopold Kremser
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Electrophoresis 24:4282-90. 2003The isoforms distribution of the glycoprotein antithrombin III (ATIII) derived from human plasma was investigated by means of isoelectric focusing (IEF) in polyacrylamide gels with immobilized pH gradients (IPG) and two-dimensional gel ..
- SEQUENCING THE POLYSACCHARIDE COMPONENT OF PROTEOGLYCANSRobert J Linhardt; Fiscal Year: 2012..An unusual GlcN2S3S6S residue found within heparin, also marks the center of its binding site for antithrombin III. Two unusual residues, GlcN3S6S and GlcA2S, in the heparan sulfate (HS) receptor responsible for herpes ..
- Sex Differences in Vascular Markers of Stroke RiskCheryl D Bushnell; Fiscal Year: 2012..MMP-9), vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1), von Willebrand Factor (vWF), and thrombin-antithrombin III complex (TAT)...
- Identifying novel genetic risk factors for venous thromboembolism (VTE)Jun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..this cohort to other potential modifiers of thrombosis risk such as FV, FVIII, plasminogen, PAI-1, D-dimer, antithrombin III, Protein S, and Protein C...
- SYNTHESIS AND TESTING OF A NEW CLASS OF HEPARINOIDSJoseph Toce; Fiscal Year: 1991..Dr. Tollefsen, one of the consultants, will examine the effects of active compounds on the rate of thrombin inhibition by purified antithrombin III and heparin cofactor II as established in his laboratory.
- Beta Cell Regeneration by Reprogramming of Adult Pancreatic CellsPedro L Herrera; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- ENVIRONMENTAL MODULATION OF FIBRINOLYSIS INHIBITORSSTEVEN GONIAS; Fiscal Year: 1992..The function of a2AP, a2- macmacroglobulin (a2M), and antithrombin III (AT) will be evaluated...
- Libman-Sacks Endocarditis and NPSLECarlos Roldan; Fiscal Year: 2009..2, thrombin-antithrombin III complexes, and platelet aggregation;and 7) cranial MRI, diffusion weighted imaging and perfusion weighted ..
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Hookworm AnemiaMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will ultimately determine the role of blood feeding in the pathogenesis of hookworm disease, as well as identify potential targets for a human vaccine against this globally important parasite. ..
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Hookworm AnemiaMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will ultimately determine the role of blood feeding in the pathogenesis of hookworm disease, as well as identify potential targets for a human vaccine against this globally important parasite. ..
- Biomedical Polymers With Heparin-Binding End GroupsRobert Ward; Fiscal Year: 2004..A biological assay that measures the amount of antithrombin III (ATIII) that binds to the heparinized surface will also be used to determine if the adsorbed heparin ..
- NMR STRUCTURES OF PLATELET FACTOR 4 & B-THROMBOGLOBULINKevin Mayo; Fiscal Year: 1992..PF4 is known to strongly bind heparin thereby inhibiting the formation of thrombin-antithrombin III complexes at vascular sites...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF CHARCOT-MARIE-TOOTH DISEASEPHILLIP CHANCE; Fiscal Year: 1992..with known gene markers from chromosome 1 including: alpha actin, alpha spectrin, amylase, amyloid P, antithrombin III, apolipoprotein AII, H4 histone, N-ras, C-reactive protein and p308...
- CELLULAR INTERACTIONS OF PLASMA PROTEINSPeter Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2001..Serpins) will focus on the structure-activity relationships with a naturally occurring anticoagulant serpin, antithrombin III, and will aim to develop recombinant serpins which are targeted tot he vessel wall to block the actions of ..
- A Novel Family of Anticoagulants from Ixodes scapularisMichel Ledizet; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will relate structure and function, and provide a rational basis for selecting anticoagulant molecules for Phase II animal studies. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL ACTIVATION BY TRANSCRIPTION COFACTOR-1PAUL KHAVARI; Fiscal Year: 1992..These genes include those encoding coagulation factors such as fibrinogen, antithrombotic factors such as antithrombin III and protein C as well as those involved in cholesterol metabolism...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF HUMAN FACTOR VIISteven Idell; Fiscal Year: 1992..Factor VIIa may also be inhibited by antithrombin III in the presence of heparin...
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES ON HEPARIN-BINDING PROTEINSPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 1991..i) Heparin is extensively used as an anticoagulant. It expresses this activity through interaction with antithrombin III, an inhibitor of several blood clotting proteins...
- Non-anticoagulant ODS Heparin in Myocardial InfarctionALAN CARDIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..lyophilization that selectively and quantitatively removes the 2-O and 3- O sulfates necessary for binding antithrombin III, critical for heparin's anti-coagulant effect...
- DNA CRUCIFORMS AND HUMAN DISEASEJohn Bissler; Fiscal Year: 1999..This region forms a thermodynamically stable stem loop structure. Similar structures are found in the Antithrombin III (ATIII) human immunodeficiency virus TAR and platelet drive growth factor A genes...
- NON-RESPONDERS FOLLOWING VENOUS OCCLUSIONKarol Lacroix; Fiscal Year: 1991..with excessive or uncontrolled clotting, decreased levels of naturally occurring inhibitors such as antithrombin III and Protein C, or hypofibrinolysis...
- HEPARIN ACTIVATION OF ANTITHROMBIN IIISusan Bock; Fiscal Year: 1999..an anticoagulant, the actual mechanism by which heparin dramatically increases the anticoagulant activity of antithrombin III is not well understood...
- Novel Approaches to the Inhibition of Anthrax ToxinANDREW ARTENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL CELL FUNCTIONSCORA JEAN EDGELL; Fiscal Year: 1991..cells include not only thrombogenic agents like von Willebrand factor, but also antithrombogenic agents like antithrombin III, and fibrinolytic agents like tissue plasminogen activator...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF BLOOD COAGULATION REGULATIONSteven Olson; Fiscal Year: 1992..ions and GAG- binding proteins is modulating the rate of neutralization of blood coagulation-proteases by antithrombin III and other inhibitors will be investigated by rapid kinetic and equilibrium binding studies...
- GENE TRANSFER IN MODELS OF ARTERIAL INJURYRobert Simari; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- OU Developmental Center for Injury Prevention ResearchGary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OU Human Research Protection Program, Year 2Gary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2003..The University of Oklahoma is committed to maintaining these initiatives after the term of this award. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF COAGULATION PROTEASE SPECIFICITYAlireza R Rezaie; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PHARMACOGENETICS IN SURGICAL CRITICAL CAREBradley Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The environment for this project is Washington University School of Medicine, an institution with access to a large clinical volume and established expertise in genomic research. ..
- Fat Induced Insulin Resistance and AtherosclerosisGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these studies will provide important new information relative to the mechanism by which obesity and FFAs cause IR and ASVD in human subjects. ..
- Structural examination of serpin-protein interactionsPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Dudley Strickland. ..
- Growth Factors in Vascular BiologyMATTHEW NUGENT; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will have wide ranging impact on vascular biology and will likely reveal previously undefined mechanisms of growth factor control that could help identify targets for clinical modulation. ..
- Free Fatty Acids and Hepatic Insulin ResistanceGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will hopefully provide much needed information relative to important details and mechanisms of FFA induced hepatic insulin resistance. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Pathogenesis of Thrombosis in HIT/TMichael Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2009..This new information may facilitate development of improved diagnostic tests and therapy for patients at risk for heparin-induced life-threatening thrombosis. ..
- Machine Learning to Identify Complex Interactions in Genome-Wide Association DataDavid Herrington; Fiscal Year: 2009..Determining specific genetic and/or environmental factors that influence a person's risk of disease may help doctors reduce risk for disease and reveal new treatments for disease. (End of Abstract) ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIVictor Tapson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- An Artificial Golgi: Controlled GAG Synthesis and ScreeningROBERT J contact LINHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2010..This artificial Golgi uses a digital microfluidic platform for synthesis and screen activity on a cell microarray to develop a structure activity relationship for fibroblast growth factor signaling. ..
- Normobaric Hyperoxia in Acute Ischemic StrokeAneesh B Singhal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Breathing high-flow oxygen may prove to be a simple, practical, portable, and potentially cost-effective therapy that improves stroke outcomes, either independently or by extending the time window for IV tPA. ..
- FUNCTION AND DYSFUNCTION IN HUMAN ANTITHROMBINSPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 2007..For antithrombins that have been activated by mutation,[unreadable] x-ray crystallography, through collaboration with Dr. Robin Carrell,[unreadable] will be used.[unreadable]..
- FGF-Silyl-Heparin Cerebral Aneurysm CoilsPAUL ZAMORA; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Phase I studies will develop the coated coils and perform initial animal evaluations. ..
- IGFBP5 AND INTEGRINS AND CONTROLLING IGF1 ACTIONSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS AND INTERVENTION STRATEGIES IN HUSRichard Siegler; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Estrogen regulation of osteoclastogenesis in older menPamela Taxel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Thrombosis Gene Polymorphisms and Early CHD Risk in HERSDavid Herrington; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Acquisition of an electrospray TOF mass spectrometerIGOR KALTASHOV; Fiscal Year: 2004..The operation of the instrument will be overseen by a Mass Spectrometry Advisory committee comprised of faculty members representing three academic departments and one interdisciplinary research center at UMass. ..
- Treatment of Hyperglycemia Ischemic Stroke(THIS)TrialAskiel Bruno; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additional measurements will include vital signs, serum electrolytes, hemoglobin A-1C, and a global test for multiple clinical outcomes at 3 months. ..
- Immune Mechanisms in Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia/T*Michael Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Thromboresistant vascular grafts:heparin-peptidomimeticsPAUL ZAMORA; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen Receptor Variance and CHD Risk in HERSDavid Herrington; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this information could lead to fundamentally important new knowledge about mechanisms of estrogen action, regulation of HDL cholesterol, and pathogenesis of CHD. ..
- Glycosaminoglycan-Protein InteractionsRobert Linhardt; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ACQUISITION OF CRYOPROBE FOR 600 MHZ NMR SPECTROMETERPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 2001..Olson, with interests in serpin inhibition mechanism, Dr. Patston, with interests in the structure of the serpin angiotensinogen, and Dr. Silver, who is characterizing a unique silver binding protein, silE. ..