Genomes and Genes
Summary: A topical dermatologic agent that is used in the treatment of acne vulgaris and several other skin diseases. The drug has teratogenic and other adverse effects.
Publications257 found, 100 shown here
- Angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia: efficacy of isotretinoin?Fouad El Sayed
Division of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon
Head Face Med 2:32. 2006..Spontaneous regression is common, but persistent or recurrent lesions may require treatment. Several treatments have been reported but surgery is the most efficient one...
- Isotretinoin-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles with skin targeting for topical deliveryJie Liu
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430074 Wuhan, China
Int J Pharm 328:191-5. 2007The purpose of this study was to construct isotretinoin-loaded SLN (IT-SLN) formulation with skin targeting for topical delivery of isotretinoin. PRECIROL ATO 5 was selected as the lipid of SLN...
- Anti-GD2 antibody with GM-CSF, interleukin-2, and isotretinoin for neuroblastomaAlice L Yu
University of California, San Diego, and Moores Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1324-34. 2010..We conducted a study to determine whether adding ch14.18, GM-CSF, and interleukin-2 to standard isotretinoin therapy after intensive multimodal therapy would improve outcomes in high-risk neuroblastoma.
- Suicidal ideation, mental health problems, and social impairment are increased in adolescents with acne: a population-based studyJon A Halvorsen
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Invest Dermatol 131:363-70. 2011..Adverse events including suicidal ideation and depression that have been associated with therapies for acne may reflect the burden of substantial acne rather than the effects of medication...
- Isotretinoin use and the risk of inflammatory bowel disease: a case-control studySeth D Crockett
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7080, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1986-93. 2010b>Isotretinoin is commonly prescribed for the treatment of severe acne. Although cases of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) have been reported in isotretinoin users, a causal association remains unproven.
- Successful treatment with oral isotretinoin of acneiform skin lesions associated with cetuximab therapyR Gutzmer
Br J Dermatol 153:849-51. 2005
- Successful treatment of recurrent vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia resistant to interferon and isotretinoin with cidofovirS Koonsaeng
Gynecologic Oncology Unit, National Cancer Institute, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Virol 64:195-8. 2001..Topical cidofovir 1% in Beeler base completely eradicated the lesion. Successive treatment applications, however, were necessary. Cidofovir is a promising topical antiviral compound for HPV induced vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia...
- Isotretinoin increases skin-surface levels of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin in patients treated for severe acneK R Lumsden
The Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation, Department of Dermatology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Br J Dermatol 165:302-10. 2011A clear-cut need exists for safe and effective alternatives to the use of isotretinoin in severe acne. Lack of data regarding the specifics of isotretinoin's mechanism of action has hampered progress in this area...
- Isotretinoin, pregnancies, abortions and birth defects: a population-based perspectiveAnick Berard
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, CHU Sainte Justine, Montreal, QC, Canada
Br J Clin Pharmacol 63:196-205. 2007To estimate the population-based incidence rates of pregnancy, spontaneous and elective abortions, and birth defects associated with isotretinoin use, and to determine predictors of pregnancy while on isotretinoin.
- Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of 13-cis-retinoic acid (isotretinoin) in children with high-risk neuroblastoma - a study of the United Kingdom Children's Cancer Study GroupG J Veal
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Cancer 96:424-31. 2007..d. 4.67+/-3.17 microM) higher than those of 13-cisRA (2.83+/-1.44 microM) in 16 out of 23 patients on day 14 of course 2. Extensive metabolism to 4-oxo-13-cisRA may influence pharmacological activity of 13-cisRA...
- Compliance with pregnancy prevention programmes of isotretinoin in Europe: a systematic reviewH J M J Crijns
Medicines Evaluation Board, The Hague, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 164:238-44. 2011Most of the publications on isotretinoin, pregnancy and compliance with the pregnancy prevention programme (PPP) originate from North America. Information specific for the European situation is very limited...
- Isotretinoin exposure and pregnancy outcome: an observational study of the Berlin Institute for Clinical Teratology and Drug Risk Assessment in PregnancyChristof Schaefer
Pharmakovigilanz und Beratungszentrum für Embryonaltoxikologie BBGes, Berlin Institute for Clinical Teratology and Drug Risk Assessment in Pregnancy, Spandauer Damm 130, Haus 10, 14050, Berlin, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:221-7. 2010Apart from thalidomide, retinoids like isotretinoin are the strongest teratogens in humans known today. The overall risk of birth defects is estimated as up to 30% after exposure during embryogenesis...
- Isotretinoin is not associated with inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based case-control studyCharles N Bernstein
University of Manitoba IBD Clinical and Research Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2774-8. 2009There is anecdotal evidence that isotretinoin use is associated with development of colitis. We aimed at determining whether there is an association between isotretinoin use and development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Interleukin-2- and interferon alfa-2a-based immunochemotherapy in advanced renal cell carcinoma: a Prospectively Randomized Trial of the German Cooperative Renal Carcinoma Chemoimmunotherapy Group (DGCIN)J Atzpodien
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
J Clin Oncol 22:1188-94. 2004..We conducted a prospectively randomized clinical trial to compare the efficacy of three outpatient therapy regimens in 341 patients with progressive metastatic renal cell carcinoma...
- The effect of isotretinoin on triglycerides and liver aminotransferasesAndreia Salezze Vieira
Center of North Espírito Santo, Federal University of Espirito Santo, São Mateus, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 87:382-7. 2012b>Isotretinoin has been used to treat the most severe cases of acne; however, it may provoke adverse events in mucocutaneous and hepatic tissues, lead to alterations in lipid levels and cause teratogenicity.
- Prescriptive contraceptive use among isotretinoin users in the Netherlands in comparison with non-users: a drug utilisation studyHubertina J M J Crijns
University of Groningen, Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:1060-6. 2012To assess the compliance with the isotretinoin Pregnancy Prevention Programme (PPP) by evaluating the use of prescribed contraceptives among isotretinoin users...
- A randomized and controlled trial about the use of oral isotretinoin for photoagingEdileia Bagatin
Department of Dermatology, UNIFESP Univesidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Pailo, SP, Brazil
Int J Dermatol 49:207-14. 2010Topical retinoids are used to treat photoaging; oral isotretinoin is gold standard for acne; "off label" indications, including photoaging, have been reported with insufficient evidence of efficacy...
- Inhibition of the visual cycle in vivo by 13-cis retinoic acid protects from light damage and provides a mechanism for night blindness in isotretinoin therapyP A Sieving
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan Medical School, 1000 Wall Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1835-40. 2001b>Isotretinoin (13-cis retinoic acid) is frequently prescribed for severe acne [Peck, G. L., Olsen, T. G., Yoder, F. W., Strauss, J. S., Downing, D. T., Pandya, M., Butkus, D. & Arnaud-Battandier, J. (1979) N. Engl. J. Med...
- Epigenetic modulation of retinoic acid receptor beta2 by the histone deacetylase inhibitor MS-275 in human renal cell carcinomaXiao Fei Wang
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3535-42. 2005..In this study, we examined whether RARbeta2 expression is repressed in human renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and whether the HDAC inhibitor MS-275 may revert its epigenetic repression...
- Effect of oral 13-cis-retinoic acid treatment on postoperative clinical outcome of eyes with proliferative vitreoretinopathyYo Chen Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Municipal Hsiao Kang Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, No 100 Zihyou 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Am J Ophthalmol 146:440-446. 2008..To determine whether postoperative oral 13-cis-retinoic acid (RA) treatment could improve the outcome of vitreoretinal surgery with silicone oil for the management of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Isotretinoin (13-cis-retinoic acid) alters learning and memory, but not anxiety-like behavior, in the adult ratMarsha M Dopheide
Monmouth College, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 91:243-51. 2008b>Isotretinoin (ISO, 13-cis-retinoic acid) is commonly prescribed as Accutane for the treatment of acne. ISO is a known teratogen and the physical side effects of the drug have been well documented...
- Teratogenicity of isotretinoin revisited: species variation and the role of all-trans-retinoic acidH Nau
Department of Food Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, D 30173 Hannover, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 45:S183-7. 2001This paper reviews the teratogenicity of isotretinoin in regard to aspects of species variation, toxicokinetics, and metabolism...
- 13-cis Retinoic acid (accutane) suppresses hippocampal cell survival in miceYasuo Sakai
UMMS E K Shriver Center, 200 Trapelo Rd, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1021:436-40. 2004..In humans this may be conjectured to be the mechanism by which Accutane contributes to depression...
- 13-cis Retinoic acid induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in human SEB-1 sebocytesAmanda M Nelson
The Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, 17033, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:2178-89. 2006b>Isotretinoin (13-cis retinoic acid (13-cis RA)) is the most potent inhibitor of sebum production, a key component in the pathophysiology of acne, yet its mechanism of action remains largely unknown...
- Randomized phase III trial of low-dose isotretinoin for prevention of second primary tumors in stage I and II head and neck cancer patientsFadlo R Khuri
Winship Cancer Institute Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:441-50. 2006b>Isotretinoin (13-cis-retinoic acid) is a synthetic vitamin A derivative, or retinoid, widely used in the treatment of cystic acne...
- Chronic administration of 13-cis-retinoic acid increases depression-related behavior in miceKally C O'Reilly
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:1919-27. 2006..13-Cis-retinoic acid (13-cis-RA) (isotretinoin or Accutane), a synthetic retinoid that is an effective oral treatment for severe nodular acne, has been linked ..
- A prospective trial of the effects of isotretinoin on quality of life and depressive symptomsE J McGrath
Kinghorn Dermatology Unit, Royal United Hospital, Bath BA1 3NG, UK
Br J Dermatol 163:1323-9. 2010b>Isotretinoin is an efficacious treatment for acne, but has been controversially linked with depression.
- Changes of psychiatric parameters and their relationships by oral isotretinoin in acne patientsBong Jin Hahm
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Dermatol 36:255-61. 2009Oral isotretinoin is a highly effective agent for the treatment of moderate to severe acne, but ever since oral isotretinoin was introduced as a modality for acne, the relationship between oral isotretinoin therapy and psychiatric ..
- 13-cis-retinoic acid suppresses hippocampal cell division and hippocampal-dependent learning in miceJames Crandall
E K Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:5111-6. 2004..The results demonstrate that the regions of the adult brain where cell proliferation is ongoing are highly sensitive to disruption by a clinical dose of 13-cis-RA...
- The role of transcription factor FoxO1 in the pathogenesis of acne vulgaris and the mode of isotretinoin actionB C Melnik
Department of Dermatology, Environmental Medicine and Health Theory, University of Osnabruck, Germany
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 145:559-71. 2010It is the purpose of this review to demonstrate that oral isotretinoin treatment restores all major pathogenetic factors of acne vulgaris by upregulation of the nuclear transcription factor FoxO1, which will be shown to be the major ..
- Isotretinoin-induced bilateral sacroiliitisClaude Bachmeyer
Dermatology 206:285-6. 2003
- Sacroiliitis and severe disability due to isotretinoin therapyAlexander P Rozin
B Shine Department of Rheumatology, Rambam Health Care Campus and Technion, POB 9602, 31096, Haifa, Israel
Rheumatol Int 30:985-6. 2010We report a case of acute sacroiliitis with severe disability after only 3 weeks of isotretinoin therapy with graduate reduction of pain, limitation and muscle incompetence after discontinuation of the drug and ACTH-depo injection and ..
- Retinoic acid 4-hydroxylase inducibility and clinical response to isotretinoin in patients with acneFrank Wang
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1618 Taubman Center, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0314, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 61:252-8. 2009..The CYP26 enzyme acts specifically on tRA, but not 13-cis RA (isotretinoin), a retinoid used to treat severe acne...
- Sacroiliitis and polyneuropathy during isotretinoin treatmentE Eksioglu
Department of Neurology, Ministry of Health, Ankara Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Education Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Dermatol 33:122-4. 2008b>Isotretinoin, a medication for acne, has been reported to cause a variety of side effects on the musculoskeletal system...
- Possible association between isotretinoin and inflammatory bowel diseaseDeepa Reddy
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1569-73. 2006..Desk Reference lists inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) as a possible adverse event associated with the use of isotretinoin, a popular acne prescription medication...
- Retinoid agonist isotretinoin ameliorates obstructive renal injuryMatthias Schaier
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany
J Urol 170:1398-402. 2003..Therefore, we studied the dose dependent effects of the retinoid receptor agonist isotretinoin 13-cis retinoic acid in the unilateral ureteral obstruction model (UUO).
- Disabling acne fulminansTiago Pina Zanelato
Servico de Dermatologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Jundiai, Jundiai, SP, Brasil
An Bras Dermatol 86:S9-12. 2011..Use of isotretinoin, testosterone, and exacerbated immune responses in the body are related triggers...
- What is the best approach to reducing birth defects associated with isotretinoin?Lorien Abroms
Department of Prevention and Community Health, School of Public Health and Health Services, George Washington University, Washington, D C, United States of America
PLoS Med 3:e483. 2006b>Isotretinoin is an effective treatment for severe acne, a condition which can be physically, emotionally, and socially disabling...
- Chronic oral treatment with 13-cis-retinoic acid (isotretinoin) or all-trans-retinoic acid does not alter depression-like behaviors in ratsSherry A Ferguson
Division of Neurotoxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkasas 72079, USA
Toxicol Sci 87:451-9. 2005Oral treatment with the anti-acne drug Accutane (isotretinoin, 13-cis-retinoic acid) has been associated with suicide ideation and depression. Here, depression-like behaviors (i.e...
- [Isotretinoin: compliance with recommendations in childbearing women]L Bensouda-Grimaldi
Service de Pharmacologie, Centre Régional de Pharmacovigilance et d Information sur le Médicament, Universite Francois Rabelais, Hopital Bretonneau, Tours
Ann Dermatol Venereol 132:415-23. 2005The aim of this survey is to ascertain if the incidence of isotretinoin exposed pregnancies was reduced by the late recommendations of prescription and issue (AMM modification on 06/08/2001 and 25/09/2001).
- Depression and suicidal behavior in acne patients treated with isotretinoin: a systematic reviewAnn L Marqueling
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0316, USA
Semin Cutan Med Surg 24:92-102. 2005b>Isotretinoin (13-cis retinoic acid) is an effective treatment for severe cystic or recalcitrant acne vulgaris; however, concerns have been raised regarding its potential association with depression and suicidal behavior...
- Extranodal Rosai-Dorfman disease with cutaneous, ophthalmic and laryngeal involvement: report of a case treated with isotretinoinLih Yuan Chang
Department of Dermatology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Dermatol 41:888-91. 2002
- The metabolism and pharmacokinetics of isotretinoin in patients with acne and rosacea are not influenced by ethanolF Grønhøj Larsen
Department of Dermatology, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 161:664-70. 2009b>Isotretinoin is effective in the treatment of severe acne and rosacea. Both parent drug and its main metabolite 4-oxo-isotretinoin are potentially teratogenic compounds and contain a carboxylic acid moiety...
- A phase I factorial design study of dose-dense temozolomide alone and in combination with thalidomide, isotretinoin, and/or celecoxib as postchemoradiation adjuvant therapy for newly diagnosed glioblastomaMark R Gilbert
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 431, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:1167-72. 2010..alone (150 mg/m²/day, 7/14-day schedule) or with doublet combinations of thalidomide (400 mg/day), isotretinoin (100 mg/m²/day), and/or celecoxib (400 mg twice daily), or all 3 agents. Toxicity was assessed after 4 weeks...
- Implementation of the harmonized EU isotretinoin Pregnancy Prevention Programme: a questionnaire survey among European regulatory agenciesIneke Crijns
Medicines Evaluation Board, The Hague, The Netherlands
Drug Saf 35:27-32. 2012There is little information on the status of the implementation of the isotretinoin Pregnancy Prevention Programme (PPP) in the EU, and on compliance with this programme by the regulatory agencies.
- Nano-lipoidal carriers of isotretinoin with anti-aging potential: formulation, characterization and biochemical evaluationKaisar Raza
Division of Pharmaceutics, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UGC Centre of Advanced Study, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160 014, India
J Drug Target 21:435-42. 2013Treatment of photoaging includes non-prescription cosmeceuticals and prescription products, retinoids. Isotretinoin, an established anti-acne retinoid, is also reported to delay the aging process...
- Continued occurrence of Accutane-exposed pregnanciesM A Honein
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724, USA
Teratology 64:142-7. 2001..The manufacturer began a Pregnancy Prevention Program (PPP) in 1988; however, exposed pregnancies continue to occur. In 1996, the manufacturer began a direct-to-consumer advertising campaign, raising concerns of more exposed pregnancies...
- TRAIL contributes to the apoptotic effect of 13-cis retinoic acid in human sebaceous gland cellsA M Nelson
The Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation and Department of Dermatology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Br J Dermatol 165:526-33. 2011The full mechanism of action of isotretinoin [13-cis retinoic acid (13-cis RA)] in treating acne is unknown...
- Adaptive dosing approaches to the individualization of 13-cis-retinoic acid (isotretinoin) treatment for children with high-risk neuroblastomaGareth J Veal
Northern Institute for Cancer Research and Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Cancer Res 19:469-79. 2013..To investigate the feasibility of adaptive dosing and the impact of pharmacogenetic variation on 13-cis-retinoic acid (13-cisRA) disposition in high-risk patients with neuroblastoma...
- Isotretinoin treatment alters steroid metabolism in women with acneM Rademaker
Department of Dermatology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, U K
Br J Dermatol 124:361-4. 1991The effect of isotretinoin (Roaccutane) on serum steroids and urinary steroid metabolites was investigated in seven female patients receiving the drug for treatment of severe acne over a 16-week period...
- Oral isotretinoin as part of the treatment of cutaneous agingE Hernandez-Perez
Center for Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, San Salvador, El Salvador
Dermatol Surg 26:649-52. 2000A number of drugs have been used to prevent aging changes. However, studies of oral isotretinoin, the commonly used acne drug, as an antiaging drug are lacking.
- Comparison of the cumulative irritation potential of adapalene gel and cream with that of erythromycin/tretinoin solution and gel and erythromycin/isotretinoin gelC Queille-Roussel
Centre de Pharmacologie Clinique Applique a la Dermatologie, Nice, France
Clin Ther 23:205-12. 2001..025%) solution, erythromycin (4%)/tretinoin (0.025%) gel, erythromycin (2%)/isotretinoin (0.05%) gel, and white petrolatum (negative control)...
- The impact of the iPLEDGE program on isotretinoin fetal exposure in an integrated health care systemJanet Shin
Pharmacy Analytical Services, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Downey, California, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 65:1117-25. 2011Preventing fetal exposure to isotretinoin is widely acknowledged as an important safety issue...
- Rapid response of IgA pemphigus of subcorneal pustular dermatosis type to treatment with isotretinoinC Gruss
Department of Dermatology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 43:923-6. 2000..with subcorneal pustular dermatosis type of IgA pemphigus who rapidly responded to systemic treatment with isotretinoin. Specific diagnosis was established by detecting IgA serum activity to desmocollin 1 by indirect ..
- Anxiety, depression, quality of life and patient satisfaction in acne patients treated with oral isotretinoinServando E Marron
Department of Dermatology, Alcaniz Hospital, ES 44600 Alcañiz, Spain
Acta Derm Venereol 93:701-6. 2013Oral isotretinoin is effective in the clinical control of acne, but the relationship between this treatment and its psychosocial impact on the patient has not been completely clarified...
- Isotretinoin exposure during pregnancy: assessment of spontaneous reports in FranceElisabeth Autret-Leca
CHRU de Tours, Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Centre Régional de Pharmacovigilance et d Information sur le Médicament, Tours, France
Drug Saf 33:659-65. 2010In three previous studies, we have shown that pregnant women were still being exposed to isotretinoin and that compliance with recommendations was incomplete...
- Short-term isotretinoin treatment decreases insulin-like growth factor-1 and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 levels: does isotretinoin affect growth hormone physiology?A S Karadag
Department of Dermatology, Kecioren Research and Training Hospital, 06290 Keçiören, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Dermatol 162:798-802. 2010b>Isotretinoin is an effective treatment for acne vulgaris. However, it has numerous side-effects. It was previously reported that serum growth hormone (GH) levels decreased with isotretinoin treatment.
- Isotretinoin use and compliance with the Dutch Pregnancy Prevention Programme: a retrospective cohort study in females of reproductive age using pharmacy dispensing dataMartina Teichert
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Drug Saf 33:315-26. 2010b>Isotretinoin is very effective in the treatment of severe acne...
- [Pregnancy after isotretinoin use]Klaartje C Manders
Elkerliek Ziekenhuis, afd Gynaecologie en Obstetrie, Helmond
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A6567. 2013Acne is a common problem that is increasingly being effectively treated with isotretinoin, a highly teratogenic agent...
- Unilateral sacroiliitis associated with systemic isotretinoin treatmentMauro Barbareschi
Institute of Dermatological Science, University of Milan, Fondazione IRCCS, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Int J Dermatol 49:331-3. 2010..Leukocytosis is commonly associated. Sacroiliitis is reported in 21% of acne fulminans patients in association with arthritis and in a few cases it is reported during isotretinoin treatment, suggesting the drug triggering.
- Isotretinoin oil-based capsule formulation optimizationPi Ju Tsai
Department of Business Administration, I Shou University, No 1, Section 1, Syuecheng Road, Dashu Township, Kaohsiung County 840, Taiwan
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:856967. 2013The purpose of this study was to develop and optimize an isotretinoin oil-based capsule with specific dissolution pattern. A three-factor-constrained mixture design was used to prepare the systemic model formulations...
- Nanocolloidal carriers of isotretinoin: antimicrobial activity against Propionibacterium acnes and dermatokinetic modelingKaisar Raza
UGC Centre of Excellence in Applications of Nanomaterials, Nanoparticles and Nanocomposites, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Mol Pharm 10:1958-63. 2013Acne, a common skin disease in teenagers, is caused by Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes). Isotretinoin (ITR) is though reported to have immense antiacne potential, yet there are hardly any reports vouching its antimicrobial activity...
- Pyoderma gangrenosum following isotretinoin therapy for acne nodulocysticMaria Paula Tinoco
Department of Dermatology, Instituto de Dermatologia Prof Rubem David Azulay, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J Dermatol 47:953-6. 2008A 19-year-old man with nodulocystic acne on baseline was treated with isotretinoin therapy. After 1 month on the medication, he developed pyoderma gangrenosum on his pubis area, arms and legs, and pathergy on a puncture site...
- Erosive pustular dermatosis of the scalp: a case treated successfully with isotretinoinBibi Oager Petersen
Acta Derm Venereol 88:300-1. 2008
- Non-acne dermatologic indications for systemic isotretinoinMelih Akyol
School of Medicine of Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Am J Clin Dermatol 6:175-84. 2005Systemic isotretinoin has been used to treat severe acne vulgaris for 20 years. However, isotretinoin also represents a potentially useful choice of drugs in many dermatologic diseases other than acne vulgaris...
- Isotretinoin revisited: pluripotent effects on human sebaceous gland cellsChristos C Zouboulis
Department of Dermatology, Dessau Medical Center, Dessau, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 126:2154-6. 2006Nelson et al. confirmed the previously described antiproliferative effect of isotretinoin on human sebocytes...
- Absence of efficacy of oral isotretinoin in hidradenitis suppurativa: a retrospective study based on patients' outcome assessmentA Soria
Service de Dermatologie, Groupe Hospitalier Henri Mondor et Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 12, Creteil, France
Dermatology 218:134-5. 2009In analogy to acne, oral isotretinoin has been considered in the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS).
- Isotretinoin treatment inhibits lipofuscin accumulation in a mouse model of recessive Stargardt's macular degenerationRoxana A Radu
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Novartis Found Symp 255:51-63; discussion 63-7, 177-8. 2004..b>Isotretinoin (Accutane) has been shown to slow the synthesis of 11-cis-retinaldehyde (11cRAL) and regeneration of rhodopsin ..
- Acne fulminans and isotretinoin: case reportMayra Falcao Pereira
Serviço de Dermatologia de Presidente Prudente, Sao Paulo, Brasil
An Bras Dermatol 86:983-5. 2011..It can be induced by isotretinoin and some authors believe that the occurrence of this condition is dose dependent...
- Isotretinoin use and subsequent depression and suicide: presenting the evidencePeter R Hull
Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:493-505. 2003The growing number of reported cases of depression and suicide associated with isotretinoin (a retinoid receptor agonist) use in patients with acne has prompted concern among dermatologists, patients, and their relatives and has triggered ..
- Accelerated photostability study of tretinoin and isotretinoin in liposome formulationsG Ioele
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Calabria, 87036 Arcavacata di Rende CS, Italy
Int J Pharm 293:251-60. 2005The photodegradation of retinoic acids, tretinoin and isotretinoin, in ethanol and liposomes was studied...
- Oral isotretinoin in the treatment of recalcitrant condylomata acuminata of the cervix: a randomised placebo controlled trialS Georgala
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Dermatology and Venereology, A Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
Sex Transm Infect 80:216-8. 2004..Conventional therapies for human papillomavirus (HPV) infection are often associated with unsatisfactory response rates and high recurrence rates. The use of a systemic agent may more effectively control the virus...
- Comparison of dose-related ocular side effects during systemic isotretinoin administrationTongabay Cumurcu
Department of Ophthalmology, Gaziosmanpasa University School of Medicine, Tokat Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 19:196-200. 2009To compare the effects of high- (Group 1) and low-dose (Group 2) isotretinoin treatments for acne vulgaris on lacrimal functions and other ocular complications.
- Does use of isotretinoin rule out a career in flying?S P Mollan
Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, City Hospital, Dudley Road, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 90:957-9. 2006To evaluate whether previous isotretinoin use induces permanent, measurable, and clinically significant abnormalities in night vision such that flying is precluded, and whether potential military and civilian commercial aviators should be ..
- The vitamin A analogues: 13-cis retinoic acid, 9-cis retinoic acid, and Ro 13-6307 inhibit neuroblastoma tumour growth in vivoF Ponthan
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Med Pediatr Oncol 36:127-31. 2001..RA regulates neuroblastoma growth and differentiation in vitro, and has shown activity against human neuroblastoma in vivo...
- Relapse of acne following isotretinoin treatment: a retrospective study of 405 patientsAustin Liu
Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:963-6. 2008b>Isotretinoin is the most effective systemic treatment option for patients with nodulocystic acne or acne vulgaris who have failed a treatment with systemic antibiotics.
- Lacrimal function and ocular complications in patients treated with systemic isotretinoinB Bozkurt
Department of Ophthalmology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:173-6. 2002To evaluate the effect on lacrimal function and ocular complications in patients with severe acne vulgaris during systemic treatment with 13-cis-retinoic acid (isotretinoin).
- Isotretinoin and the risk of depression in patients with acne vulgaris: a case-crossover studyLaurent Azoulay
Department of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 69:526-32. 2008To determine whether isotretinoin increases the risk of depression in patients with acne vulgaris.
- Isotretinoin and the risk of cardiovascular, cerebrovascular and thromboembolic disordersAnick Berard
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, Que, Canada
Dermatology 223:45-51. 2011Case reports suggest that isotretinoin use is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disorders; however, the clinical significance has not been determined.
- Efficacy of fixed low-dose isotretinoin (20 mg, alternate days) with topical clindamycin gel in moderately severe acne vulgarisK Sardana
Department of Dermatology and STD, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital Delhi
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:556-60. 2009In view of the potentially serious side-effects of standard isotretinoin (0.5-1...
- Guillain-Barré syndrome seen in users of isotretinoinJ Pritchard
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas s School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 1UL
BMJ 328:1537. 2004
- Generalized eruptive histiocytoma treated with isotretinoinJennifer Kwinter
Division of Dermatology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, ON
J Cutan Med Surg 13:146-50. 2009..GEH is associated with a self-limiting course lasting from 1 month to over 12 years, and the lesions typically resolve spontaneously; therefore, reports of potential therapies for GEH are lacking...
- [Acne flare-up and deterioration with oral isotretinoin]M Chivot
Service du Pr Morel, , avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10
Ann Dermatol Venereol 128:224-8. 2001BACKGROUND: Isotretinoin treatment for acne can lead to inflammatory flare-ups or an aggravation, occasionally leading to acne fulminans...
- [Therapy of severe cetuximab-induced acneiform eruptions with oral retinoid, topical antibiotic and topical corticosteroid]A Wollenberg
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Allergologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Frauenlobstrasse 9 11, 80337 Munich, Germany
Hautarzt 58:615-8. 2007..Triple therapy consisting of systemic isotretinoin, topical nadifloxacin and topical corticosteroid produced rapid improvement with moderate cheilitis the only ..
- Phase I clinical and pharmacologic study of 13-cis-retinoic acid, interferon alfa, and paclitaxel in patients with prostate cancer and other advanced malignanciesR S DiPaola
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:2213-8. 1999..Pharmacodynamic studies were performed to determine whether CRA and IFNalpha could modulate bcl-2 expression in vitro and in patients...
- Isotretinoin-induced inflammatory bowel diseaseJ L M Passier
Netherlands Pharmacovigilance Centre Lareb, Goudsbloemvallei 7, 5237 MH s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 64:52-4. 2006Three case reports on inflammatory bowel disease associated with use of isotretinoin are described. All three patients were male adolescents, in good health when starting isotretinoin (for acne treatment for about six months)...
- No association found between patients receiving isotretinoin for acne and the development of depression in a Canadian prospective cohortJordan Cohen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, Canada
Can J Clin Pharmacol 14:e227-33. 2007There has been concern that the use of isotretinoin to treat acne may lead to depression. To date, research has not conclusively determined if this concern is warranted when contemplating the use of isotretinoin.
- Reduced salivary flow induced by systemic isotretinoin may lead to dental decay. A prospective clinical studyL Lupi-Pegurier
Department of Dentistry, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, UNSA, Nice, France
Dermatology 214:221-6. 2007The adverse effects of isotretinoin have been well documented, but dental side effects over the course of treatment have never been studied.
- Evaluation of depressive symptoms in acne patients treated with isotretinoinKübra Eren Bozdağ
Department of Dermatology, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
J Dermatolog Treat 20:293-6. 2009There have been concerns about the association between isotretinoin therapy and depressive symptoms.
- Isotretinoin does not induce insulin resistance in patients with acneD T Ertugrul
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Ankara Kecioren Research and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Dermatol 36:124-8. 2011b>Isotretinoin treatment causes hypertriglyceridaemia. Insulin resistance is also associated with hypertriglyceridaemia. It is not known if isotretinoin is related to insulin resistance.
- Association of suicide attempts with acne and treatment with isotretinoin: retrospective Swedish cohort studyAnders Sundström
Centre for Pharmacoepidemiology, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital T2, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 341:c5812. 2010To assess the risk of attempted suicide before, during, and after treatment with isotretinoin for severe acne.
- Isotretinoin therapy and the incidence of acne relapse: a nested case-control studyL Azoulay
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Br J Dermatol 157:1240-8. 2007Previous studies on predictors of acne relapse in patients treated with isotretinoin had either small sample sizes, short follow-up periods, or lacked population-based data.
- Short-term administration of isotretinoin elevates plasma triglyceride concentrations without affecting insulin sensitivity in healthy humansDelphine Stoll
Institute of Physiology, University of Lausanne School of Medicine, Switzerland
Metabolism 53:4-10. 2004..and adipose tissue insulin sensitivity in 15 healthy male volunteers before and after a 5-day administration of isotretinoin (1 mg/kg/d), a vitamin A derivative that decreases the clearance of triglyceride-rich particles...
- Generic isotretinoin: a new risk for unborn childrenGideon Koren
Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, The Hospital for Sick Children and Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 170:1567-8. 2004
- Isotretinoin-associated intracranial hypertensionFrederick W Fraunfelder
University of Mississippi School of Medicine Neurology Department, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Ophthalmology 111:1248-50. 2004To evaluate the association between intracranial hypertension (IH) and isotretinoin use.
- Diffuse dermal angiomatosis of the breast: response to isotretinoinE R McLaughlin
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 45:462-5. 2001..We report a case of a young woman whose disorder responded to isotretinoin. Our findings have potential relevance to the treatment of skin disorders in which ulceration is a prominent ..
- Use of isotretinoin (Accutane) in the United States: rapid increase from 1992 through 2000Diane K Wysowski
Office of Post Marketing Drug Risk Assessment, Division of Drug Risk Evaluation, HFD 430, Food and Drug Administration, Parklawn Building, Room 15B 08, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:505-9. 2002b>Isotretinoin, a drug approved to treat severe recalcitrant nodular acne, has been marketed in the United States since 1982...
- Prospective study of depressive symptoms and quality of life in acne vulgaris patients treated with isotretinoin compared to antibiotic and topical therapyChee H Ng
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, The Melbourne Clinic, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 43:262-8. 2002There have been recent concerns about the possible association between isotretinoin therapy and depressive symptoms...
- Isotretinoin and fenofibrate induce adiposity with distinct effect on metabolic profile in a rat model of the insulin resistance syndromeL Sedova
Institute of Biology and Medical Genetics, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:719-25. 2004To investigate the effect of transcription-modulating drugs, fenofibrate and isotretinoin, on metabolic profile, insulin sensitivity of adipose and muscle tissues and gene expression in a genetic model of insulin resistance syndrome, ..
- Depressive symptoms and suicidal ideation during isotretinoin treatment: a 12-week follow-up study of male Finnish military conscriptsL M H Rehn
Helsinki City Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, Helsinki, Finland
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:1294-7. 2009To investigate the putative association between isotretinoin treatment and depressive symptoms or suicidal ideation among Finnish male military conscripts...
- Neurological and neurophysiological effects of oral isotretinoin: a prospective investigation using auditory and visual evoked potentialsKenan Aydogan
Department of Dermatology, Uludag University, Faculty of Medicine 16059 Görükle, Bursa Turkey
Eur J Dermatol 18:642-6. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to investigate whether oral isotretinoin can affect brainstem and cortical sensorial activities...
- Planning Grant for Genome-Wide Association Study of Craniofacial MicrosomiaJACQUELINE R contact STARR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Being male or a multiple birth, having a mother with diabetes, Hispanic ethnicity, and in utero exposure to isotretinoin or thalidomide are the only known risk factors for CFM...
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin mediated retinoid effects in the skinKIMBERLY R LUMSDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the most effective treatments for severe acne is isotretinoin (13-cis Retinoic Acid (RA)), which is a known teratogen...
- Improving the Safe Use of IsotretinoinEleanor Bimla Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, isotretinoin has been identified as a particularly teratogenic medication...
- PLACENTAL TOXICOLOGYRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 1992..studies have demonstrated that the human placenta (both early and term) can metabolize retinoids, in particular isotretinoin (Accutane) to tretinoin...
- Selenium Prevention of Tobacco Smoke-Induced Lung CancerTeresa Fan; Fiscal Year: 2005..exists between Se and other chemopreventive agents such as the glucocorticoid hormone budesonide and retinoid isotretinoin in TS induction of lung cancers...
- Chemoprevention in Mice after Tobacco Smoke ExposureHanspeter Witschi; Fiscal Year: 2004..the tissues of the respiratory tract of other suppressing agents (budesonide- epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), isotretinoin, or lovastatin) may increase their efficacy while at the same time reducing their potential systemic toxicity ..
- GENOTYPE CORRELATES AND CLINICAL TRIALS IN INHERITED EBJo David Fine; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) initiation of a prospective interventional clinical trial to assess the possible beneficial role of isotretinoin or another systemic retinoid as a chemopreventive agent against the development of additional squamous cell ..
- Chemopreventive Responses to Inhaled IsotretinoinAlan Dahl; Fiscal Year: 2004..This group of people is vast, comprising over one-third of the adult population of the United States. Isotretinoin exhibits excellent potential as a lung cancer chemopreventative in vitro and for this reason has been the ..
- CUTANEOUS ONCOLOGYMadeleine Duvic; Fiscal Year: 2004..Young physicians and students who receive advanced training in the proper detection, prevention, and treatment of skin cancers will be a resource and may improve outcomes for patients of the future. ..
- 131 I-MIBG Escalating Dose Rapid Sequence Double Infusi*Katherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2004..Significance: The higher tumor-specific radiation doses possible with this protocol may provide a treatment to improve response and survival in children with resistant neuroblastoma. ..
- Benzodiazepine Receptor in PTSDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPKatherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our strong biology research laboratories in brain tumors, neuroblastoma and myeloproliferative disorders are conducting multiple biology studies in the Group and providing new information for future studies. ..
- Xenograft models of human neuroblastoma bone metastases.Charles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..We anticipate that this project will increase our understanding of the biology of bone metastases and will develop mouse models for pre-clinical testing of new therapeutic approaches to high risk neuroblastoma. ..
- RARbeta in Melanoma: Epigenetic Regulation by NutrientsRichard Niles; Fiscal Year: 2007..Depending on results obtained, this investigation can be translated into nutritional studies with animal models of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Resveratrol and Human MelanomaRichard Niles; Fiscal Year: 2004..Also the information derived from the metabolism and molecular mechanism studies could provide insights into improving/maximizing the biological activity of resveratrol. ..
- Outcome Measures in Idiopathic Intracranial HypertensionDeborah Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Acquire the training, mentoring and experience necessary to conduct independent, funded clinical research in ophthalmologic and neurological disorders Obtain a Masters Degree in Public Health/Clinical Investigator track ..
- A novel set of molecular markers to measure metastatic neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Armed with the tools to collect samples expeditiously and to measure MRD accurately, the paradigm of treating subclinical NB can then be tested in multicenter randomized studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RRM1/PTEN Axis in Non-Small Cell Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exisulind for Chemoprevention of Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data generated by these investigations will be important for future decisions on large-scale chemoprevention trials using disease incidence and mortality as endpoints. ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Targeting HIF-1alpha in renal cell carcinoma: the role of HDAC inhibitorsRoberto Pili; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- An in Vivo Neurogenesis Assay to Discover Antidepressants and Cognitive EnhancersMahalakshmi Shankaran; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use a powerful new method for measuring the production of new brain cells as a way to discover new drugs, and we will then test the effectiveness of these drugs on depression and memory. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NABTC - M.D. Anderson Clinical CenterMark Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2008..The NABTC continues with the long-term goal of developing more effective treatments for patients with primary brain tumors, particularly malignant gliomas, combining longevity with the quality of survival. ..
- Thiazolidinediones as Thyroid Cancer TherapyBRYAN HAUGEN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- Vitamin A Storage and MetabolismWilliam S Blaner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, in Aim 3 we will investigate how vitamin A is mobilized from HSCs and whether this requires direct involvement of serum retinol-binding protein (RBP) synthesized in hepatocytes. ..
- CLINICAL CORRELATIVE STUDIES OF NEUROBLASTOMAROBERT CHARLES SEEGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Prediction of long-term PFS using genomic classifiers will facilitate assignment of treatment and development of more effective therapy. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- Carotene Cleavage Enzyme: Properties and PhysiologyWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 4, we propose to use a cDNA clone for human CCE to characterize the biochemical properties of the recombinant enzyme. ..
- FASEB SUMMER RESEARCH CONFERENCE ON RETINOIDSWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2002..This overview should allow the evaluation of future directions and the development of new ideas as well critical review of the recent research. ..
- THE VISUALLY DEFECTIVE PHENOTYPE OF RBP-DEFICIENT MICEWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide fundamental new information about the role(s) of RBP in vision. This information will be directly relevant to humans and human disease. ..
- Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Immunotherapy for Ovarian CancerWilliam Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Beta glucan enhances antibody therapy for neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2003..These findings will have general implications for antibody and vaccine strategies in human cancer models, and the role of polysaccharides as complementary/herbal medicine in immune-based therapies. ..
- Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Accutane Induced DepressionPeter McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2003Numerous clinical reports have associated the use of the acne drug Accutane (Isotretinoin, 1 3-cis retinoic acid, RA) with depression...
- 9 CIS RETINOL DEHYDROGENASE--PROPERTIES AND PHYSIOLOGYWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- 12th FASEB Summer Research Conference on RetinoidsWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will stimulate new investigations that in time will provide needed insight into the essential actions of retinoids in preventing disease and maintaining good health. ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH IN DERMATOLOGYSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ANTI TUMOR THERAPIES FOR GENIOTURINARY MALIGNANCIESDavid Nanus; Fiscal Year: 2004..This award will allow Dr. Nanus protected time to successfully complete these aims. ..
- ROLE OF RETINOIDS AND RECEPTORS IN THYROTROPE FUNCTIONBRYAN HAUGEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NEUTRAL ENDOPEPTIDASE INACTIVATION IN ADVANCED PROSTATEDavid Nanus; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Modulation of retinoic acid action in renal cancerDavid Nanus; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF MULTISTEP ORAL TUMORIGENESISWalter Hittelman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Neoadjuvant Gemcitabine-Pemetrexed *Gerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Therapies for High-Risk NeuroblastomaJulie Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NEUTROPHINS AND RETINAL DEVELOPMENTJanet Sparrow; Fiscal Year: 2001..The use of neurotrophins in conjunction with gene therapy or transplantation may also have potential for reversing retinal degenerative changes and lead to the restoration of vision. ..