Summary: A methylated metabolite of norepinephrine that is excreted in the urine and found in certain tissues. It is a marker for tumors.
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- [The diagnosis of atypical pheochromocytoma: a challenge for the biologist as well]L Peyrin
Laboratoire de Physiologie, , avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 49:247-54. 2001..Analysis of the ratio NMN/MN in plasma provides an additional diagnosis tool to reveal adrenaline secretion abnormalities...
- Pheochromocytoma: a disease with many facesMarina Shargorodsky
Isr Med Assoc J 4:817-8. 2002
- Measurements of plasma methoxytyramine, normetanephrine, and metanephrine as discriminators of different hereditary forms of pheochromocytomaGraeme Eisenhofer
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Department of Medicine III, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Clin Chem 57:411-20. 2011..This study assessed whether measurements of plasma metanephrine, normetanephrine, and methoxytyramine, the O-methylated metabolites of catecholamines, might help to distinguish different ..
- Diagnostic value of various biochemical parameters for the diagnosis of pheochromocytoma in patients with adrenal massNicole Unger
Division of Endocrinology, Medical Centre, University of Essen, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 154:409-17. 2006..Pheochromocytomas are neoplasms generally characterized by the autonomous production of catecholamines. This study compared various biochemical parameters for the diagnosis of adrenal pheochromocytoma in patients with adrenal mass...
- The diagnostic efficacy of urinary fractionated metanephrines measured by tandem mass spectrometry in detection of pheochromocytomaC G Perry
Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:703-8. 2007..We also developed clinically based cut-offs for positivity of this measurement...
- Diagnostic accuracy of free and total metanephrines in plasma and fractionated metanephrines in urine of patients with pheochromocytomaEric Grouzmann
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Endocrinol 162:951-60. 2010..Plasma free and urinary metanephrines are recognized biomarkers for the assessment of pheochromocytoma. Plasma total metanephrines with a long half-life may represent another useful biomarker...
- Plasma and urinary metanephrines determined by an enzyme immunoassay, but not serum chromogranin A for the diagnosis of pheochromocytoma in patients with adrenal massN Unger
Department of Endocrinology and Division of Laboratory Research, Medical Center, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 120:494-500. 2012..Plasma and urinary metanephrine and normetanephrine as well as chromogranin A were determined and putative thresholds were calculated by ROC analysis...
- Performance of plasma fractionated free metanephrines by enzyme immunoassay in the diagnosis of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma in childrenVijaya Sarathi
Department of Endocrinology, Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai, India
Endocr Pract 18:694-9. 2012..To establish pediatric reference ranges for plasma fractionated free metanephrines by enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and to evaluate its performance in the diagnosis of catecholamine-secreting tumors in the pediatric population...
- Dietary influences on plasma and urinary metanephrines: implications for diagnosis of catecholamine-producing tumorsWilhelmina H A de Jong
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2841-9. 2009..Measurements of the 3-O-methylated metabolites of catecholamines [metanephrines (MNs)] in plasma or urine are recommended for diagnosis of pheochromocytoma. It is unclear whether these tests are susceptible to dietary influences...
- Evaluation of an enzyme immunoassay for plasma-free metanephrines in the diagnosis of catecholamine-secreting tumorsMichel Procopiou
Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London EC1A7BE, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 161:131-40. 2009To define the test characteristics of an enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for plasma-free metanephrines (metanephrine and normetanephrine) in the diagnosis of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma.
- Evaluation of specific high-performance liquid-chromatographic determinations of urinary metanephrine and normetanephrine by comparison with isotope dilution mass spectrometryJ J Willemsen
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Biochem 38:722-30. 2001A method for the determination of metanephrine (MN; also known as metadrenaline), normetanephrine (NMN; also known as normetadrenaline) and 3-methoxytyramine (3-MT) in human urine using high-performance liquid chromatography followed by ..
- Toward a rapidly acting antidepressant: the normetanephrine and extraneuronal monoamine transporter (uptake 2) hypothesisJoseph J Schildkraut
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School at Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:909-11. 2004..The authors considered the possible role of the extraneuronal monoamine transporter (uptake 2) in accounting for the delay in clinical action of norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant drugs...
- Plasma normetanephrine and metanephrine for detecting pheochromocytoma in von Hippel-Lindau disease and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2G Eisenhofer
Clinical Neuroscience Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1620, USA
N Engl J Med 340:1872-9. 1999..In this study we evaluated measurements of plasma normetanephrine and metanephrine for detecting pheochromocytomas in patients with von Hippel-Lindau disease or MEN-2.
- Measurement of plasma free metanephrine and normetanephrine by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for diagnosis of pheochromocytomaSusan A Lagerstedt
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 50:603-11. 2004..The aim of this study was to develop a sensitive and specific LC-MS/MS method for plasma free metanephrines...
- Validation of liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for analysis of urinary conjugated metanephrine and normetanephrine for screening of pheochromocytomaRobert L Taylor
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 48:533-9. 2002..g., paragangliomas and neuroblastomas). We describe a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method for the measurement of urinary conjugated metanephrines...
- Implication of the signal transduction pathways in the enhancement of noradrenaline turnover induced by morphine withdrawal in the heartM Delia Martínez
Equip of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University School of Medicine, Murcia, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 471:113-9. 2003..concomitantly with morphine significantly antagonized the increase in normetanephrine/noradrenaline ratio (an index of noradrenaline turnover) observed in morphine withdrawn rats...
- An apparent phaeochromocytoma and abnormal thyroid function testsT F J King
Department of Endocrinology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Ann Clin Biochem 45:215-7. 2008..Urinary fractionated metanephrine and normetanephrine concentrations were within the normal reference range...
- Plasma levels of catechols and metanephrines in neurogenic orthostatic hypotensionD S Goldstein
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1620, USA
Neurology 60:1327-32. 2003..From the concept of a unitary sympathoadrenomedullary system, one might predict parallel sympathoneural and adrenomedullary abnormalities in NOH...
- Pheochromocytoma catecholamine phenotypes and prediction of tumor size and location by use of plasma free metanephrinesGraeme Eisenhofer
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1620, USA
Clin Chem 51:735-44. 2005Measurements of plasma free metanephrines (normetanephrine and metanephrine) provide a useful test for diagnosis of pheochromocytoma and may provide other information about the nature of these tumors.
- Sources and significance of plasma levels of catechols and their metabolites in humansDavid S Goldstein
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1620
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:800-11. 2003..of catechols include 3-methoxytyrosine (from L-DOPA), homovanillic acid and dopamine sulfate (from dopamine), normetanephrine, vanillylmandelic acid, and methoxyhydroxyphenylglycol (from norepinephrine), and metanephrine (from ..
- Psychobiologic responses to 4 days of increased training and recovery in cyclistsE Filaire
CRIS, UFRSTAPS, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, Villeurbanne, France
Int J Sports Med 23:588-94. 2002..For this purpose, urinary excretion of methoxyamines (metanephrine [MN], normetanephrine [NMN]), which are metabolites of circulating catecholamines, 3-methoxy-4-hydroxyphenyl glycol sulfate (MHPG-S)..
- Liquid chromatography method for detecting native fluorescent bioamines in urine using post-column derivatization and intramolecular FRET detectionMakoto Yoshitake
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuoka University, Nanakuma, Johnan, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 858:307-12. 2007..This method provides sufficient selectivity and sensitivity for the determination of normetanephrine, dopamine, tyrosine, 5-hydroxytryptamine, tryptamine, and tryptophan in healthy human urine without prior ..
- [Difficult diagnosis of a pancreatic paraganglioma]G Perrot
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, HIA Desgenettes, 108 boulevard Pinel, 69275 Lyon cedex 03, France
Rev Med Interne 28:701-4. 2007..Invasive investigations with puncture or primary surgical resection must be avoided because of the risk of vital complications...
- Parkinson's disease: the effect of L-dopa therapy on urinary free catecholamines and metabolitesD F Davidson
Department of Biochemistry, Crosshouse Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 44:364-8. 2007..This is the first assessment of the effect of exogenous administration of L-dopa on urinary free metadrenalines...
- [Metanephrine (M), normetanephrine (NM) and fractionated metanephrines]Taku Miyoshi
Department of Nephrology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University
Nihon Rinsho 63:395-8. 2005
- Pheochromocytoma presenting as heart failureJennifer A Farroni
Ohio State University, Ross Heart Hospital, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 20:117-9. 2005..The authors describe the case of a young man who presented to the hospital with acute heart failure who was later diagnosed with a pheochromocytoma...
- Cortisol production rate in posttraumatic stress disorderG H Trevor Wheler
Department of Psychiatry, UHN 80, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3486-9. 2006..Several authors have reported the unsuspected finding of low cortisol levels (urinary, salivary, and serum) in patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Decomposition of protonated noradrenaline and normetanephrine assisted by NH2 migration studied by electrospray tandem mass spectrometry and molecular orbital calculationsFrançoise Rogalewicz
Laboratoire des Mecanismes Reactionnels, Unité Mixte de recherche CNRS 7651, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128 Palaiseau Cedex, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:743-51. 2005..The decompositions of protonated noradrenaline (VH) and normetanephrine (VIH) were studied...
- Utility of plasma free metanephrines in diagnosis of factitious pheochromocytomaAaron R Chidakel
Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, W G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocr Pract 12:568-71. 2006..To report a case of epinephrine-induced factitious pheochromocytoma in a young woman with a past medical history of Conn's syndrome...
- Malignant pheochromocytoma associated with germline mutation of the SDHB geneZishan Allibhai
Division of Radiation Oncology, London Regional Cancer Centre and University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 172:1409-10. 2004
- Catecholamines, infection, and death in acute ischemic strokeAngel Chamorro
Stroke Unit, Hospital Clinic and Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Neurol Sci 252:29-35. 2007..non-septic stroke was compared in this prospective study with longitudinal changes of cytokines, leukocytes, normetanephrine (NMN) and metanephrine (MN) in 75 consecutive patients...
- The catecholamine biosynthesis route in potato is affected by stressAnna Swiedrych
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Wrocław, Przybyszewskiego Street 63 77, 51 148 Wrocław, Poland
Plant Physiol Biochem 42:593-600. 2004..In all, stress conditions the normetanephrine level and thus catecholamine catabolism was significantly decreased...
- Knocking down the diencephalic thyrotropin-releasing hormone precursor gene normalizes obesity-induced hypertension in the ratMaria S Landa
Cardiologia Molecular, Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas A Lanari, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1388-94. 2007..Thus the TRH-leptin interaction may contribute to the strong association between hypertension and obesity...
- Predictive value of preoperative transthoracic echocardiography in patients undergoing adrenalectomy for pheochromocytomaB Devaux
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, université Paris V René Descartes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 48:711-5. 2004..Adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma is a life-threatening procedure. Few echocardiographic assessments have been reported in patients undergoing adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma...
- Diagnosis and localization of pheochromocytomaDavid S Goldstein
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1620, USA
Hypertension 43:907-10. 2004..Consistently elevated plasma levels of free normetanephrine provided the first and only biochemical evidence for a pheochromocytoma in this case...
- Preparation and characterization of immunogens for antibody production against metanephrine and normetanephrineE C Y Chan
Department of Pharmacy, The National University of Singapore, 18 Science Drive 4, Singapore, Singapore
J Immunol Methods 266:143-54. 2002..cross-linking procedure using active esters was successfully adopted for conjugating metanephrine (MN) and normetanephrine (NM) to bovine serum albumin (BSA)...
- Comparative values of catecholamines and metabolites for the diagnosis of neuroblastomaMaud Monsaingeon
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac, France
Eur J Pediatr 162:397-402. 2003..b>Normetanephrine (NME), vanillylmandelic and homovanillic acids (VMA, HVA) were the best analytes...
- Study of diurnal fluctuations of plasma methoxyamines in healthy volunteersGuillaume Hoizey
Service d endocrinologie, Hopital Robert Debre, CHU de Reims, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 56:119-22. 2002We studied the diurnal fluctuations of plasma concentrations of methoxyamines (metanephrine and normetanephrine) and of their parent amines (epinephrine and norepinephrine) in normotensive subjects.
- Duloxetine increases serotonin and norepinephrine availability in healthy subjects: a double-blind, controlled studyStephan A Chalon
Lilly Research Laboratories, Mont Saint Guibert, Belgium
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:1685-93. 2003..The lack of a detectable impact of duloxetine on TYR PD30 suggests that this may not be the most sensitive indirect measure of NE reuptake when assessing dual reuptake inhibitors...
- [Absence of labetalol interference on urine metanephrine determination in hypertensive patients]X Girerd
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:1231-4. 1992..In 8 patients, a dosage of metanephrine, normetanephrine and creatinine on a 24 hours urine sample was performed before (D1) and 24 hours after (D3) the prescription ..
- Proton acts as a neurotransmitter for nicotine-induced adrenergic and calcitonin gene-related peptide-containing nerve-mediated vasodilation in the rat mesenteric arteryHiromu Kawasaki
Department of Clinical Pharmaceutical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, 1 1 1 Tsushima naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 330:745-55. 2009..Perfusion of adrenergic transmitter metabolites (normetanephrine and 3-methoxydopamine), but not of other metabolites, induced vasodilation, which was not inhibited by ..
- [Retroperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy in a pregnant woman presenting MEN2a with a pheochromocytoma: case report and review of the literature]C Frayssinet
Service d Endocrinologie et Maladies Métaboliques, Pôle cardiovasculaire et métabolique, CHU Rangueil Larrey, 31059, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 69:53-7. 2008..firstly, all MEN2a women should be screened for a pheochromocytoma with a 24-h urinary metanephrine and normetanephrine evaluation before or early during pregnancy, even with normal blood pressure; secondly, pheochromocytoma ..
- Increased urinary dopamine excretion in association with bilateral carotid body tumours-- clinical, biochemical and genetic findingsJ Jeffery
Derriford Combined Laboratory, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth PL6 8DH, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 43:156-60. 2006....
- The electrical and mechanical responses of the rabbit saphenous artery to nerve stimulation and drugsJ E Nally
Department of Pharmacology, University of Glasgow
Br J Pharmacol 105:367-75. 1992..No additional electrical response was evoked by field stimulation, even in the presence of normetanephrine (NMN) and desmethylimipramine (DMI, each 10(-6) M), which block neuronal and extraneuronal uptake of ..
- Prostaglandin F2 alpha fails to alter the number of beta adrenoceptive specific binding sites in metestrous rat uteri but diminishes noradrenaline tissue uptakeM Chaud
Centro de Estudios Farmacológicos y de Principios Naturales CEFAPRIN, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 34:95-100. 1988..10(-5) M), normetanephrine (10(-6) M) or acetylsalicylic acid (ASA: 10(-4) M), were explored...
- Severe postoperative hypoglycemia in a patient with pheochromocytoma and preclinical Cushing's syndromeDarko Kastelan
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Med Sci Monit 13:CS34-7. 2007..Although the mechanism of hypoglycemia is not fully understood, it seems that it is caused by excessive rebound secretion of insulin after surgical resection of pheochromocytoma...
- Ischemic stroke and rhabdomyolysis in a 15-year-old girl with paraganglioma due to an SDHB exon 6 (Q214X) mutationM S Kim
Department ofPediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 22:565-71. 2009..Plasma total metanephrines were 232,176.4 pmol/l [263-1052] with normetanephrine predominance...
- Measurement of urinary metanephrines to screen for pheochromocytoma in an unselected hospital referral populationKeith L Brain
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, and Department of Clinical Biochemistry, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Clin Chem 52:2060-4. 2006....
- Determination of levodopa and biogenic amines in urine samples using high-performance liquid chromatographyIrena Baranowska
Department of Analytical and General Chemistry, Silesian University of Technology, 7 M Strzody Str 44 100 Gliwice, Poland
J Chromatogr Sci 46:30-4. 2008..biogenic amines, and their metabolites from the catecholamines group: dopamine (DA), epinephrine (E), normetanephrine (NMN), metanephrine (MN), 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOMA), 3-metoxy-4-hydroxyphenyl-glycol (MHPG), and ..
- [Does the size of pheochromocytoma influence the results of its laparoscopic excision?]L Brunaud
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, endocrinienne et viscérale, CHU Nancy Brabois, 11 allee du morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Ann Chir 127:362-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess diagnostic characteristics, hemodynamic modifications, and outcome of intraperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy according to the size of pheochromocytoma...
- Analysis of catecholamines and their metabolites in adrenal gland by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryQun Gu
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 457 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116023, China
Anal Chim Acta 609:192-200. 2008..Tyrosine, dopamine, dihydroxyphenylalanine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, 3-methoxytyramine, normetanephrine, metanephrine and isoproterenol (internal standard) were separated on a Kromasil Cyano analytical column by a ..
- Malignant paraganglioma associated with succinate dehydrogenase subunit B in an 8-year-old child: the age of first screening?Tamara Prodanov
Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology Program, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1109, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1239-42. 2009..Laboratory data included an elevated level of urine normetanephrine of 45,400 microg/g creatinine (upper reference limit 718 microg/g) and elevated level of plasma ..
- Effect of oral administration of zanapezil (TAK-147) for 21 days on acetylcholine and monoamines levels in the ventral hippocampus of freely moving ratsIzzettin Hatip-Al-Khatib
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Kinikli, Denizli 20070, Turkey
Br J Pharmacol 145:1035-44. 2005..92+/-0.39, epinephrine (Epi) 1.91+/-0.183, 3-methoxy-4-hydroxyphenylglycol (MHPG) 11.53+/-3.22, normetanephrine 3.26+/-0.61, dopamine (DA) 0.77+/-0.23, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC) 3.37+/-1...
- Urinary catecholamine and metanephrine to creatinine ratios in healthy dogs at home and in a hospital environment and in 2 dogs with pheochromocytomaPeter H Kook
Clinic for Small Animal Internal Medicine Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Vet Intern Med 21:388-93. 2007..Measurement of high concentrations of urine catecholamines and metanephrines is useful in diagnosing pheochromocytoma in humans. Stress increases catecholamine excretion in urine...
- Plasma metanephrine levels are decreased in type 1 diabetic patients with a severely impaired epinephrine response to hypoglycemia, indicating reduced adrenomedullary stores of epinephrineBastiaan E De Galan
Department of Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2057-61. 2004..18 +/- 0.09 vs. 0.24 +/- 0.02 nmol/liter; P = 0.012), whereas plasma epinephrine, norepinephrine, and normetanephrine levels were comparable between patients and controls...
- Severe polyuria after the resection of adrenal pheochromocytomaMusashi Tobe
Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Int J Urol 17:1004-7. 2010..Because the levels of urinary metanephrine and normetanephrine were elevated, and (131) I-MIBG scintigraphy showed intense uptake in the adrenal tumor, the tumor was ..
- Isopropanol protein precipitation for the analysis of plasma free metanephrines by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryLuke C Marney
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin Chem 54:1729-32. 2008..We sought to develop an in-house method for this expensive test..
- Urinary catecholamines and metabolites in the immediate postoperative period following major surgeryA A Syed
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff CF14 4XW, UK
J Clin Pathol 57:548-50. 2004....
- Disappearance rate of catecholamines, total metanephrines, and neuropeptide Y from the plasma of patients after resection of pheochromocytomaE Grouzmann
Division d Hypertension, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Chem 47:1075-82. 2001..We hypothesized that the long persistence of total (sulfate-conjugated plus free) metanephrines in the blood might have a significant diagnostic value...
- [Change in the surgical treatment of benign adrenal gland tumors. Laparoscopic adrenalectomy]F Juhasz
Debreceni Egyetem Orvos és Egészségtudományi Centrum I sz Sebészeti Klinika, 4012 Debrecen, Pf 27
Magy Seb 54:75-9. 2001..Adrenal imagery consisted in all patients of abdominal computed tomography and in 4 patients adrenal magnetic resonance imaging but [131I] metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) and octreotide scintigraphy were not performed...
- Quantitative measurement of plasma free metanephrines by ion-pairing solid phase extraction and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry with porous graphitic carbon columnXiang He
ThermoFisher Scientific, 355 River Oaks Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 879:2355-9. 2011Plasma free metanephrine and normetanephrine are the best biomarkers for diagnosing pheochromocytoma...
- A simple liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for measuring metanephrine and normetanephrine in urineJessica Gabler
Department of Clinical Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:1213-6. 2011..Liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) represents the most specific and accurate technology for this purpose. The goal of this work was to develop a simple LC-MS/MS method for measuring metanephrines in urine...
- Detecting pheochromocytoma: defining the most sensitive testUlrich Guller
Department of Surgery, Divisions of General Surgery and Surgical Research, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Surg 243:102-7. 2006..To define the most sensitive biochemical test to establish the diagnosis of pheochromocytoma and also to assess the potential role of iodine 131-labeled metaiodobenzylguanidine scintigraphy (I-MIBG) in the diagnosis of this tumor...
- Detection of catecholamines and metanephrines by radio-immunoassay in canine plasmaRoland C E Francis
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Vet J 183:228-31. 2010..to detect epinephrine (EPI), norepinephrine (NE), and their O-methylated metabolites metanephrine (MN) and normetanephrine (NMN) in canine plasma...
- Stress hormone and circulating biomarker profile of apical ballooning syndrome (Takotsubo cardiomyopathy): insights into the clinical significance of B-type natriuretic peptide and troponin levelsM Madhavan
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Heart 95:1436-41. 2009..To evaluate the stress neurohumoral and cardiac biomarker profile of patients with apical ballooning syndrome (ABS)...
- Plasma metanephrines in renal failureGraeme Eisenhofer
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1620, USA
Kidney Int 67:668-77. 2005..Measurements of the plasma metanephrines, normetanephrine and metanephrine (the O-methylated metabolites of norepinephrine and epinephrine), provide an alternative ..
- Biochemical and clinical manifestations of dopamine-producing paragangliomas: utility of plasma methoxytyramineGraeme Eisenhofer
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, Building 10, Room 6N252, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1620, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1620, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:2068-75. 2005Measurements of plasma-free normetanephrine and metanephrine provide a sensitive test for diagnosis of pheochromocytoma but may fail to detect tumors that produce predominantly dopamine...
- Determination of urinary catecholamines with capillary electrophoresis after solid-phase extractionK Vuorensola
Technical Research Center of Finland, Chemical Technology, VTT ESPOO
J Chromatogr A 895:317-27. 2000The stabilities of 3,4-dihydroxybenzylamine (DHBA), dopamine, 3-methoxytyramine, normetanephrine and metanephrine standards under acid, base and enzymatic hydrolysis conditions were studied...
- Temporal and periovulatory changes in ovarian catecholamines in the catfish Heteropneustes fossilisV Singh
Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Gen Comp Endocrinol 168:46-54. 2010..NE activity or turnover index (ratio of NE to normetanephrine, NME) increased during the recrudescent phase to give the peak in the spawning phase and decreased in the ..
- Rotational stress-induced increase in epinephrine levels delays cutaneous wound healing in miceBruna Romana-Souza
Department of Histology and Embryology, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brain Behav Immun 24:427-37. 2010..Stressed mice exhibited reduced locomotor activity and increased normetanephrine plasma levels...
- Posttraumatic hypertension secondary to adrenal hemorrhage mimicking pheochromocytoma: case reportJ Schmidt
Department of Surgery, University Witten Herdecke, Wuppertal, Germany
J Trauma 46:973-5. 1999..4 cm in size located in the right adrenal gland together with extreme hypertension, tripled urine levels for normetanephrine, and normal plasmatic levels of metanephrines. The patient had suffered a fall from a height of 2...
- Association of adrenal medullar and cortical nodular hyperplasia: a report of two cases with clinical and morpho-functional considerationsGloria Valdes
Departamentos de Nefrología, Anatomia Patologica, Endocrinologia, Urologia, y Radiología, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Endocrine 30:389-96. 2006..associated to a left adrenal node, normal cortisol and aldosterone:renin ratio, marginally increased urinary normetanephrine, and a positive 131I MIBG radioisotope scan...
- Study of catecholamines in patient urine samples by capillary electrophoresisH Siren
Academy of Finland, Espoo, Finland
J Chromatogr A 853:527-33. 1999..The method was optimized with reference compounds 3,4-dihydroxybenzylamine, adrenaline, noradrenaline, normetanephrine, dopamine, dopac (homogensitic acid), methanephrine, vanillyl-mandelic acid, 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-..
- Plasma chromogranin A levels are increased in a small portion of patients with hereditary head and neck paragangliomasNicolette van Duinen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 74:160-5. 2011..The majority of patients with head and neck paragangliomas (HNPGL) have biochemically silent tumours. Chromogranin A (CgA) is a tumour marker for neuroendocrine tumours...
- Phaeochromocytoma in pregnancyS Grodski
Department of Surgey, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 36:604-6. 2006..of phaeochromocytoma is achieved by detecting increased catecholamines and metabolites (metanephrine and normetanephrine) on 24-h urine collection, as these levels are unaffected by pregnancy or pre-eclampsia...
- Hormonal changes during 17 days of head-down bed-restMarc Antoine Custaud
Laboratoire de Physiologie de l Environnement GIP exercice, Faculte de Medecine Lyon Grange Blanche, 8 avenue Rockefeller, F 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Life Sci 72:1001-14. 2003..A decrease during the night was noted for normetadrenaline urinary derivates, but only during the HDBR...
- Synthesis and characterization of an immobilized phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase liquid chromatographic stationary phaseN Markoglou
Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anal Biochem 288:83-8. 2001..The results demonstrate that the PNMT-SP can be utilized for the rapid screening of potential PNMT substrates as well as the screening of compounds for PNMT inhibitory activity...
- Urine of patients with acute kidney transplant rejection show high normetanephrine and decreased 2-hydroxyestrogens concentrationsS W Reinhold
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin II, Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Transplant Proc 45:1503-7. 2013....
- [Diffuse uptake of brown fat on computed-tomography coupled positron emission tomoscintigraphy (PET-CT) for the exploration of extra-adrenal pheochromocytoma]C Ramacciotti
Service d endocrinologie, diabète et maladies métaboliques, Hopital Civil, CHU Strasbourg, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 67:14-9. 2006..The norepinephrine level reached 49.7 nmol/l (<4.00) and urinary norepinephrine and normetanephrine levels reached 13977 nmol/24h (<414) and 32 micromol/24h (0.4-2.5) respectively...
- False-negative ¹²³I-MIBG SPECT is most commonly found in SDHB-related pheochromocytoma or paraganglioma with high frequency to develop metastatic diseaseJay S Fonte
Program in Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:83-93. 2012..The majority of patients had extraadrenal tumors with hypersecretion of normetanephrine or norepinephrine...
- Enhanced norepinephrine output during long-term desipramine treatment: a possible role for the extraneuronal monoamine transporter (SLC22A3)John J Mooney
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Psychiatr Res 42:605-11. 2008..Desipramine treatment produced significant increases in urinary norepinephrine (NE) and normetanephrine (NMN) and plasma NE at Weeks 4 and 6, but not at Week 1...
- Biochemical diagnosis of phaeochromocytoma using plasma-free normetanephrine, metanephrine and methoxytyramine: importance of supine sampling under fasting conditionsRoland Därr
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Dresden at the TU Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 80:478-86. 2014..the influences of blood sampling under supine fasting versus seated nonfasting conditions on diagnosis of phaeochromocytomas and paragangliomas (PPGL) using plasma concentrations of normetanephrine, metanephrine and methoxytyramine.
- Lack of enantioselectivity in the SULT1A3-catalyzed sulfoconjugation of normetanephrine enantiomers: an in vitro and computational studyEric Grouzmann
Service de biomédecine, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Chirality 25:28-34. 20131R)-Normetanephrine is the natural stereoisomeric substrate for sulfotransferase 1A3 (SULT1A3)-catalyzed sulfonation...
- Multicenter study on the diagnostic value of a new RIA for the detection of free plasma metanephrines in the work-up for pheochromocytomaTomas Lenz
Kuratorium für Dialyse und Nierentransplantation e V Kidney Center, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:358-73. 2006..Good agreement of the assay with the tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method for normetanephrine (r2=0.975) and for metanephrine (r2=0.985) could be demonstrated...
- Phasing-in plasma metanephrines determinationJulie Brossaud
Department of Nuclear Medicine, CHU de Bordeaux, F 33604 PESSAC, France
Eur J Endocrinol 169:163-70. 2013We set up plasma normetanephrine (pNMA) and metanephrine (pMA) assays as they demonstrated their usefulness for diagnosing phaeochromocytomas...
- The use of plasma metanephrine to normetanephrine ratio to determine epinephrine poisoningDustin C Yaworsky
Microchemistry Laboratory, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, United States
Clin Chim Acta 353:31-44. 2005..We measured plasma epinephrine metabolites (metanephrine, MET, and normetanephrine, NMET) to determine if exogenous epinephrine can be distinguished from endogenous epinephrine concentrations ..
- [Pheochromocytoma in end-stage renal disease patient treated by peritoneal dialysis]Imen Gorsane
Service de néphrologie et de médecine interne A, Hopital Charles Nicolle, Boulevard 9 avril, BS 1006, Tunis, Tunisie
Nephrol Ther 4:597-601. 2008..We conclude that refractory hypertension, as a possible diagnosis, is uncommon in peritoneal dialysis patients. Pheochromocytoma must be eliminated by careful evaluation...
- Rapid analysis of metanephrine and normetanephrine in urine by gas chromatography-mass spectrometryDavid K Crockett
ARUP Laboratories, Inc, 500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Clin Chem 48:332-7. 2002Widely used HPLC methods for quantification of metanephrine and normetanephrine in urine often have long analysis times and are frequently plagued by drug interferences...
- Paracetamol-associated interference in an HPLC-ECD assay for urinary free metadrenalines and catecholaminesFraser D Davidson
Biochemistry Department, Crosshouse Hospital, Kilmarnock KA2 0BE, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 41:316-20. 2004..Prime amongst these interferences are those due to paracetamol ingestion...
- Evaluation of specific high-performance liquid-chromatographic determinations of urinary adrenaline and noradrenaline by comparison with isotope dilution mass spectrometryJ J Willemsen
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Biochem 38:356-64. 2001..Sex differences were detected for MA and NMA excretion when expressed in nmol per 24 h and nmol/mmol creatinine, respectively, by both ECD and GC-MS methods...
- Cyclooxygenase-1-deficient mice have high sleep-to-wake blood pressure ratios and renal vasoconstrictionNoritaka Kawada
Cardiovascular Kidney Institute, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
Hypertension 45:1131-8. 2005..01) in nitrate plus nitrite (NOx), and a 52% increase in metanephrine (P<0.02). The excretion of normetanephrine, a marker for sympathetic nervous activity, was reduced during ST in COX-1(+/+) (6.9+/-0.9 versus 3.2+/-0...
- CPAP and measures of cardiovascular risk in males with OSASM Kohler
Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, Churchill Hospital Campus, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Eur Respir J 32:1488-96. 2008..After 4 weeks of therapeutic CPAP, significant reductions were seen in urine normetanephrine excretion (from mean+/-sd 179.7+/-80.1 to 132.7+/-46...
- Urinary catecholamine and metadrenaline to creatinine ratios in dogs with a phaeochromocytomaP H Kook
Clinic for Small Animal Internal Medicine, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Rec 166:169-74. 2010..Urine normetadrenaline:creatinine ratios may be useful in the diagnosis of canine phaeochromocytomas...
- Screening for endogenous substrates reveals that CYP2D6 is a 5-methoxyindolethylamine O-demethylaseAi Ming Yu
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pharmacogenetics 13:307-19. 2003..2-phenylethylamine, octopamine, synephrine, 3-methoxy-p-tyramine, 4-methoxy-m-tyramine, metanephrine, and normetanephrine, nor the indolethylamines tryptamine, serotonin, 6-methoxytryptamine, and melatonin, nor the beta-carbolines ..
- Hypoadiponectinemia is related to sympathetic activation and severity of obstructive sleep apneaJamie C M Lam
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, SAR China
Sleep 31:1721-7. 2008..This study investigated the relationship between serum adiponectin and sleep disordered breathing and its potential determinants...
- The relation of adiponectin and tumor necrosis factor alpha levels between endothelial nitric oxide synthase, angiotensin-converting enzyme, transforming growth factor beta, and tumor necrosis factor alpha gene polymorphism in adrenal incidentalomasE Harman
Division of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Ege University Hospital, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
J Endocrinol Invest 32:881-8. 2009....
- Pheochromocytoma: recommendations for clinical practice from the First International Symposium. October 2005Karel Pacak
National Institute of Child Health and Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:92-102. 2007..Inadequate methods to distinguish malignant from benign tumors and a lack of effective treatments for malignancy are important problems requiring further resolution...
- Biosynthesis in an on-line immobilized-enzyme reactor containing phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase in single-enzyme and coupled-enzyme formatsNektaria Markoglou
Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Chromatogr A 948:249-56. 2002..The activity of the PNMT-IMER and its applicability for on-line N-methylation of normetanephrine was investigated...
- A rapid assay method for catechol-O-methyltransferase activity by flow injection analysisNozomi Aoyama
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 16:255-60. 2002..The method was based on the determination of normetanephrine, the 3-O-methyl metabolite of the substrate norepinephrine...
- Olfactory sensitivity to catecholamines and their metabolites in the goldfishP C Hubbard
Centro de Ciencias do Mar, Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, 8000 810 Faro, Portugal
Chem Senses 28:207-18. 2003..The current study raises the possibility that release of catecholamines or their 3-O-methoxy metabolites to the water may play a role in chemical communication...
- Plasma-free vs deconjugated metanephrines for diagnosis of phaeochromocytomaChristina Pamporaki
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus at the TU Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, Dresden, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 79:476-83. 2013The diagnosis of phaeochromocytoma is commonly performed by the measurements of plasma-free normetanephrine and metanephrine...
- Cardiovascular Responses to Sleep Apnea in Tetraplegia: A Pilot StudyJill M Wecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..examine differences in urinary markers of catecholamine release (vanillyl mandelic acid, metanephrines and normetanephrine), and in plasma levels of atrial natriuretic factor, a marker of atrial stretch...
- NEUROCHEMICAL & HORMONAL FACTORS IN STRESSADRIAN DUNN; Fiscal Year: 1990..These are: for NE, normetanephrine and 3-methoxy, 4-hydroxyphenylglycol (MHPG); for DA, dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC), homovanillic acid (..