Genomes and Genes
erbb 2 receptor
Summary: A cell surface protein-tyrosine kinase receptor that is found to be overexpressed in a significant number of adenocarcinomas. It has extensive homology to and can heterodimerize with the EGF receptor (RECEPTOR, EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR), the erbB-3 receptor (RECEPTOR, ERBB-3) and the erbB-4 receptor. Activation of the erbB-2 receptor occurs during heterodimer formation with a ligand-bound erbB receptor family members.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancerAntonio C Wolff
American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:118-45. 2007..To develop a guideline to improve the accuracy of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) testing in invasive breast cancer and its utility as a predictive marker...
- Race, breast cancer subtypes, and survival in the Carolina Breast Cancer StudyLisa A Carey
Division of Hematology Oncology, School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
JAMA 295:2492-502. 2006..Gene expression analysis has identified several breast cancer subtypes, including basal-like, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 positive/estrogen receptor negative (HER2+/ER-), luminal A, and luminal B...
- Untangling the ErbB signalling networkY Yarden
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2:127-37. 2001..Likewise, small-molecule enzyme inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies to ErbB1 are in advanced phases of clinical testing. What can this pathway teach us about translating basic science into clinical use?..
- Studies of the HER-2/neu proto-oncogene in human breast and ovarian cancerD J Slamon
Department of Medicine, U C L A School of Medicine 90024
Science 244:707-12. 1989..The data presented further support the concept that the HER-2/neu gene may be involved in the pathogenesis of some human cancers...
- ERBB receptors and cancer: the complexity of targeted inhibitorsNancy E Hynes
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nat Rev Cancer 5:341-54. 2005..We will discuss the significance of these receptors as clinical targets, in particular the molecular mechanisms underlying response...
- Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that overexpresses HER2D J Slamon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1678, USA
N Engl J Med 344:783-92. 2001..The HER2 gene, which encodes the growth factor receptor HER2, is amplified and HER2 is overexpressed in 25 to 30 percent of breast cancers, increasing the aggressiveness of the tumor...
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancerEdward H Romond
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1673-84. 2005..We present the combined results of two trials that compared adjuvant chemotherapy with or without concurrent trastuzumab in women with surgically removed HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Trastuzumab--mechanism of action and use in clinical practiceClifford A Hudis
Breast Cancer Medicine Service, Solid Tumor Division, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 357:39-51. 2007
- Triple-negative breast cancer: clinical features and patterns of recurrenceRebecca Dent
Department of Medical Oncology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:4429-34. 2007..To compare the clinical features, natural history, and outcomes for women with "triple-negative" breast cancer with women with other types of breast cancer...
- Lapatinib plus capecitabine for HER2-positive advanced breast cancerCharles E Geyer
Allegheny Cancer Center, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2733-43. 2006..In this trial, we compared lapatinib plus capecitabine with capecitabine alone in such patients...
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Inhibitory Fc receptors modulate in vivo cytotoxicity against tumor targetsR A Clynes
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Med 6:443-6. 2000....
- Immunohistochemical and clinical characterization of the basal-like subtype of invasive breast carcinomaTorsten O Nielsen
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 10:5367-74. 2004..Currently, there exist clinical assays that identify ER+/luminal and HER2-overexpressing tumors, and we sought to develop a clinical assay for breast basal-like tumors...
- The ErbB2/ErbB3 heterodimer functions as an oncogenic unit: ErbB2 requires ErbB3 to drive breast tumor cell proliferationThomas Holbro
Friedrich Miescher Institute, P O Box 2543, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8933-8. 2003..Furthermore, we identify ErbB3's role, which is to couple active ErbB2 to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B pathway. Thus, the ErbB2/ErbB3 dimer functions as an oncogenic unit to drive breast tumor cell proliferation...
- Trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancerMartine J Piccart-Gebhart
Medicine Department, Jules Bordet Institute, Blvd de Waterloo 125, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
N Engl J Med 353:1659-72. 2005..We investigated its efficacy and safety after excision of early-stage breast cancer and completion of chemotherapy...
- Meta-analysis of gene expression profiles in breast cancer: toward a unified understanding of breast cancer subtyping and prognosis signaturesPratyaksha Wirapati
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Batiment Genopode, University of Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Breast Cancer Res 10:R65. 2008....
- Insights into ErbB signaling from the structure of the ErbB2-pertuzumab complexMatthew C Franklin
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94114 USA
Cancer Cell 5:317-28. 2004..We have also shown that conserved residues previously shown to be necessary for EGF receptor homodimerization may be dispensible for ErbB2-ErbB3 heterodimerization...
- Expression of the neu protooncogene in the mammary epithelium of transgenic mice induces metastatic diseaseC T Guy
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:10578-82. 1992..Interestingly, many of the tumor-bearing transgenic mice developed secondary metastatic tumors in the lung. These observations suggest that overexpression of the unactivated neu protein can induce metastatic disease after long latency...
- Escape from HER-family tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy by the kinase-inactive HER3Natalia V Sergina
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Nature 445:437-41. 2007..The biologic marker with which to assess the efficacy of HER TKIs should be the transphosphorylation of HER3 rather than autophosphorylation...
- Structure of the extracellular region of HER2 alone and in complex with the Herceptin FabHyun Soo Cho
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 421:756-60. 2003..Herceptin binds to the juxtamembrane region of HER2, identifying this site as a target for anticancer therapies...
- Relevance of breast cancer cell lines as models for breast tumours: an updateMarc Lacroix
Laboratoire Jean Claude Heuson de Cancérologie Mammaire, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Breast Cancer Res Treat 83:249-89. 2004..Investigations on additional specific lines are expected to improve our knowledge of BCC and of the dialogue that these maintain with their surrounding normal cells in vivo...
- HER2 amplification ratios by fluorescence in situ hybridization and correlation with immunohistochemistry in a cohort of 6556 breast cancer tissuesMarilyn A Owens
IMPATH, Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90066, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 5:63-9. 2004..The relationship between level of HER2 amplification and clinical outcome will require reanalysis of pivotal trial data...
- Mechanisms of tamoxifen resistance: increased estrogen receptor-HER2/neu cross-talk in ER/HER2-positive breast cancerJiang Shou
The Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:926-35. 2004..We used a breast cancer model system with high expression of AIB1 and HER2 to investigate the possible mechanisms underlying this resistance...
- Mechanisms of disease: understanding resistance to HER2-targeted therapy in human breast cancerRita Nahta
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030 4009, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:269-80. 2006..Novel therapies targeted against these aberrant molecular pathways offer hope that the effectiveness and duration of response to trastuzumab can be greatly improved...
- Evaluation of monoclonal humanized anti-HER2 antibody, trastuzumab, in patients with recurrent or refractory ovarian or primary peritoneal carcinoma with overexpression of HER2: a phase II trial of the Gynecologic Oncology GroupMichael A Bookman
Division of Medical Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Rockledge, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:283-90. 2003..To evaluate the feasibility, toxicity, and efficacy of single-agent monoclonal antibody therapy targeting the human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)/neu receptor in ovarian and primary peritoneal carcinoma...
- Locoregional relapse and distant metastasis in conservatively managed triple negative early-stage breast cancerBruce G Haffty
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 2681, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5652-7. 2006..To determine the prognostic significance of triple negative breast cancers with respect to locoregional relapse and distant metastasis in conservatively managed breast cancer patients...
- Targeting ligand-activated ErbB2 signaling inhibits breast and prostate tumor growthDavid B Agus
Cedars Sinai Prostate Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Cancer Cell 2:127-37. 2002..We demonstrate that the in vitro and in vivo growth of several breast and prostate tumor models is inhibited by 2C4 treatment...
- Central nervous system metastases in women who receive trastuzumab-based therapy for metastatic breast carcinomaJohanna C Bendell
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 97:2972-7. 2003..Women with HER-2 overexpressing metastatic breast carcinoma benefit from trastuzumab-based therapy, but trastuzumab does not cross the blood-brain barrier. The authors characterized central nervous system (CNS) disease in these women...
- The triple negative paradox: primary tumor chemosensitivity of breast cancer subtypesLisa A Carey
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7305, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2329-34. 2007..Gene expression analysis identifies several breast cancer subtypes. We examined the relationship of neoadjuvant chemotherapy response to outcome among these breast cancer subtypes...
- Paclitaxel plus bevacizumab versus paclitaxel alone for metastatic breast cancerKathy Miller
Indiana University Cancer Center, Indianapolis, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2666-76. 2007....
- A functional genetic approach identifies the PI3K pathway as a major determinant of trastuzumab resistance in breast cancerKatrien Berns
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Cell 12:395-402. 2007..Thus, assessment of PI3K pathway activation may provide a biomarker to identify patients unlikely to respond to trastuzumab-based therapy...
- Upregulation of CXCR4 is essential for HER2-mediated tumor metastasisYan M Li
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Cell 6:459-69. 2004..These results provide a plausible mechanism for HER2-mediated breast tumor metastasis and establish a functional link between HER2 and CXCR4 signaling pathways...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signaling and resistance to trastuzumab (Herceptin)Y Lu
Department of Oncology, Jewish General Hospital, and McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1852-7. 2001..Thus, strategies that target IGF-IR signaling may prevent or delay development of resistance to trastuzumab...
- PTEN activation contributes to tumor inhibition by trastuzumab, and loss of PTEN predicts trastuzumab resistance in patientsYoichi Nagata
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Cell 6:117-27. 2004..Thus, PTEN deficiency is a powerful predictor for trastuzumab resistance. Additionally, PI3K inhibitors rescued PTEN loss-induced trastuzumab resistance, suggesting that PI3K-targeting therapies could overcome this resistance...
- Descriptive analysis of estrogen receptor (ER)-negative, progesterone receptor (PR)-negative, and HER2-negative invasive breast cancer, the so-called triple-negative phenotype: a population-based study from the California cancer RegistryKatrina R Bauer
Public Health Institute California Cancer Registry, Sacramento, California 95815 4402, USA
Cancer 109:1721-8. 2007..The triple-negative phenotype is important because of its relation to the basal-like subtype of breast cancer...
- Cytoplasmic localization of p21Cip1/WAF1 by Akt-induced phosphorylation in HER-2/neu-overexpressing cellsB P Zhou
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, Breast Cancer Basic Research Program, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:245-52. 2001..Our results indicate that HER-2/neu induces cytoplasmic localization of p21Cip1/WAF1 through activation of Akt to promote cell growth, which may have implications for the oncogenic activity of HER-2/neu and Akt...
- Brain metastases: the HER2 paradigmNancy U Lin
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1648-55. 2007..Finally, new developments in systemic approaches to the treatment of CNS disease, including cytotoxic chemotherapy and targeted therapy, are explored...
- Race and triple negative threats to breast cancer survival: a population-based study in Atlanta, GAMary Jo Lund
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:357-70. 2009..This study examines association of the ER/PR/HER2 subtypes with race and breast cancer survival...
- HER-2/neu induces p53 ubiquitination via Akt-mediated MDM2 phosphorylationB P Zhou
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, Breast Cancer Basic Research Program, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:973-82. 2001..Our study indicates that blocking the Akt pathway mediated by HER-2/neu would increase the cytotoxic effect of DNA-damaging drugs in tumour cells with wild-type p53...
- Targeting HER proteins in cancer therapy and the role of the non-target HER3A C Hsieh
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Br J Cancer 97:453-7. 2007..This review presents the current evidence highlighting the role of HER3 in tumorigenesis and its role in mediating resistance to inhibitors of EGFR and HER2...
- Expression of p95HER2, a truncated form of the HER2 receptor, and response to anti-HER2 therapies in breast cancerMaurizio Scaltriti
Medical Oncology Program, Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital and Research Institute, Barcelona 08035, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:628-38. 2007....
- HER2/PI-3K/Akt activation leads to a multidrug resistance in human breast adenocarcinoma cellsChristiane Knuefermann
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 USA
Oncogene 22:3205-12. 2003....
- NF-kappa B activation in human breast cancer specimens and its role in cell proliferation and apoptosisDebajit K Biswas
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10137-42. 2004....
- The deaf and the dumb: the biology of ErbB-2 and ErbB-3Ami Citri
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100, Rehovot, Israel
Exp Cell Res 284:54-65. 2003..This review highlights recent structural insights into the mechanism of ligand-induced heterodimer formation, and concentrates on signaling pathways employed by ErbB-2 and ErbB-3 in normal and in malignant cells...
- Elevated levels of epidermal growth factor receptor/c-erbB2 heterodimers mediate an autocrine growth regulatory pathway in tamoxifen-resistant MCF-7 cellsJanice M Knowlden
Tenovus Centre for Cancer Research, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3XF, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 144:1032-44. 2003..These results demonstrate that TAM-R MCF-7 cell growth is mediated by the autocrine release and action of an EGFR-specific ligand inducing preferential EGFR/c-erbB2 dimerization and downstream activation of the ERK pathway...
- Prognostic value of ERBB family mRNA expression in breast carcinomasIvan Bieche
Laboratoire d Oncogénétique INSERM E0017, Centre Rene Huguenin, St Cloud, France
Int J Cancer 106:758-65. 2003....
- Trastuzumab plus anastrozole versus anastrozole alone for the treatment of postmenopausal women with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive, hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer: results from the randomized phase III TAnDEM studyBella Kaufman
Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Clin Oncol 27:5529-37. 2009..TAnDEM is the first randomized phase III study to combine a hormonal agent and trastuzumab without chemotherapy as treatment for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)/hormone receptor-copositive metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- PIK3CA mutations correlate with hormone receptors, node metastasis, and ERBB2, and are mutually exclusive with PTEN loss in human breast carcinomaLao H Saal
Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular, and Biophysical Studies, Institute for Cancer Genetics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cancer Res 65:2554-9. 2005..Thus, mutation of PIK3CA is frequent, occurs early in carcinoma development, and has prognostic and therapeutic implications...
- Low overexpression of HER-2/neu in advanced colorectal cancer limits the usefulness of trastuzumab (Herceptin) and irinotecan as therapy. A phase II trialRamesh K Ramanathan
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Cancer Invest 22:858-65. 2004....
- Single-step induction of mammary adenocarcinoma in transgenic mice bearing the activated c-neu oncogeneW J Muller
Harvard Medical School Department of Genetics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 54:105-15. 1988....
- HER2 status and benefit from adjuvant trastuzumab in breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
N Engl J Med 358:1409-11. 2008
- Elevated expression of activated forms of Neu/ErbB-2 and ErbB-3 are involved in the induction of mammary tumors in transgenic mice: implications for human breast cancerP M Siegel
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
EMBO J 18:2149-64. 1999....
- Use of immunohistochemical markers can refine prognosis in triple negative breast cancerMarc Tischkowitz
Program in Cancer Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Cancer 7:134. 2007..The IHC pattern that best defines basal-like tumors is under investigation and various combinations of ER, PR, HER2-, CK5/6+ and EGFR+ have been tested...
- Molecular changes in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer: relationship between estrogen receptor, HER-2, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseM Carolina Gutierrez
Breast Center and Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2469-76. 2005..To evaluate growth factor receptor cross talk with the estrogen receptor (ER) in paired clinical breast cancer specimens and in a xenograft model before tamoxifen and at tumor progression as a possible mechanism for tamoxifen resistance...
- Requirement for neuregulin receptor erbB2 in neural and cardiac developmentK F Lee
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 378:394-8. 1995..DiI retrograde tracing revealed that the development of motor nerves was also compromised. Our results demonstrate the importance of erbB2 in neural and cardiac development...
- A central role for HER3 in HER2-amplified breast cancer: implications for targeted therapySi Tuen Lee-Hoeflich
Department of Pathology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Res 68:5878-87. 2008....
- FOXA1 expression in breast cancer--correlation with luminal subtype A and survivalSunil Badve
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4415-21. 2007..It segregates with genes that characterize the luminal subtypes in DNA microarray analyses. The utility of FOXA1 as a possible independent prognostic factor has not been determined in breast cancers...
- Biological processes associated with breast cancer clinical outcome depend on the molecular subtypesChristine Desmedt
Medical Oncology Department, Jules Bordet Institute
Clin Cancer Res 14:5158-65. 2008..Here we aimed to perform a comprehensive meta-analysis integrating both clinicopathologic and gene expression data, focusing on the main molecular subtypes...
- Differences in breast carcinoma characteristics in newly diagnosed African-American and Caucasian patients: a single-institution compilation compared with the National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results databaseGloria J Morris
Department of Medical Oncology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cancer 110:876-84. 2007..Breast carcinomas in African-American patients appear to be more aggressive than in Caucasian patients due to multifactorial differences...
- Biology of progesterone receptor loss in breast cancer and its implications for endocrine therapyXiaojiang Cui
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7721-35. 2005..Finally, we will consider the clinical implications of these observations...
- Interleukin 12-mediated prevention of spontaneous mammary adenocarcinomas in two lines of Her-2/neu transgenic miceK Boggio
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, 10043 Orbassano, Italy
J Exp Med 188:589-96. 1998....
- Basal-like breast cancer defined by five biomarkers has superior prognostic value than triple-negative phenotypeMaggie C U Cheang
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, British Columbia Cancer Agency, and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 14:1368-76. 2008..This study directly compares the prognostic significance between three- and five-biomarker surrogate panels to define intrinsic breast cancer subtypes, using a large clinically annotated series of breast tumors...
- Identification of molecular apocrine breast tumours by microarray analysisPierre Farmer
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Lausanne, Switzerland
Oncogene 24:4660-71. 2005..Our data show that it is possible with microarray data to divide mammary tumour cells into three groups based on steroid receptor activity: luminal (ER+ AR+), basal (ER- AR-) and molecular apocrine (ER- AR+)...
- Anti-tumor activity of GW572016: a dual tyrosine kinase inhibitor blocks EGF activation of EGFR/erbB2 and downstream Erk1/2 and AKT pathwaysWenle Xia
Department of Discovery Medicine, GlaxoSmithKline, Five Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, NC 27709 3398, USA
Oncogene 21:6255-63. 2002....
- Trastuzumab-based treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer: an antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity mechanism?L Arnould
Department of Pathology, Centre G F Leclerc, Dijon 21000, France
Br J Cancer 94:259-67. 2006..These results suggest that trastuzumab plus taxanes lead to enhanced NK cell activity, which may partially account for the synergistic activity of trastuzumab and docetaxel in breast cancer...
- Adjuvant trastuzumab in the treatment of her-2-positive early breast cancer: a meta-analysis of published randomized trialsGustavo A Viani
Department of Radiation Oncology, Faculdade de Medicina de Marilia, Faculty of Medicine of Marília FAMEMA, Marilia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Cancer 7:153. 2007..Here, we performed a meta-analysis of completed clinical trials of adjuvant trastuzumab in the adjuvant setting. Survival, recurrence, brain metastases, cardiotoxicity and directions for future research are discussed...
- Breast cancer molecular subtypes respond differently to preoperative chemotherapyRoman Rouzier
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5678-85. 2005..The goal of this research was to determine if these different molecular subtypes of breast cancer also respond differently to preoperative chemotherapy...
- Lung cancer: intragenic ERBB2 kinase mutations in tumoursPhilip Stephens
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 431:525-6. 2004..ERBB2 inhibitors, which have so far proved to be ineffective in treating lung cancer, should now be clinically re-evaluated in the specific subset of patients with lung cancer whose tumours carry ERBB2 mutations...
- Met receptor contributes to trastuzumab resistance of Her2-overexpressing breast cancer cellsDavid L Shattuck
University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Cancer Res 68:1471-7. 2008..Our study suggests that a subset of Her2 (+) patients may benefit from combined inhibition of Her2 and Met...
- Triple-negative breast cancer: therapeutic optionsSusan Cleator
Oncology Department, St Mary s Hospital Trust, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 8:235-44. 2007....
- Concordance among gene-expression-based predictors for breast cancerCheng Fan
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
N Engl J Med 355:560-9. 2006..Gene-expression-profiling studies of primary breast tumors performed by different laboratories have resulted in the identification of a number of distinct prognostic profiles, or gene sets, with little overlap in terms of gene identity...
- Phase I safety, pharmacokinetics, and clinical activity study of lapatinib (GW572016), a reversible dual inhibitor of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases, in heavily pretreated patients with metastatic carcinomasHoward A Burris
The Sarah Cannon Research Institute, 250 25th Avenue N, Suite 110, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5305-13. 2005....
- The crystal structure of a truncated ErbB2 ectodomain reveals an active conformation, poised to interact with other ErbB receptorsThomas P J Garrett
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, 3050, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Mol Cell 11:495-505. 2003..Together, the data suggest a model in which ErbB2 is already in the activated conformation and ready to interact with other ligand-activated ErbB receptors...
- Prognostic significance of basal-like phenotype and fascin expression in node-negative invasive breast carcinomasSocorro Maria Rodriguez-Pinilla
Breast and Gynecological Cancer Group, Molecular Pathology Programme and Department of Human Genetics, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Madrid, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 12:1533-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine whether basal-like phenotype and fascin were related in both sporadic and familial tumors and with prognosis in node-negative sporadic breast cancers...
- The efficacy of ErbB receptor-targeted anticancer therapeutics is influenced by the availability of epidermal growth factor-related peptidesAndrea B Motoyama
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Res 62:3151-8. 2002....
- Phase II study of weekly docetaxel and trastuzumab for patients with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerFrancisco J Esteva
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1800-8. 2002..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of weekly docetaxel plus trastuzumab in women with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer. Efficacy was correlated with serum HER-2 extracellular domain (ECD) levels...
- Prognostic significance of p53, Her-2, and EGFR overexpression in borderline and epithelial ovarian cancerJ S Nielsen
University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:1086-96. 2004..In the borderline group Her-2 and EGFR over-expression in combination, adjusted for age and p53, significantly improved the prognosis...
- HER2/neu kinase-dependent modulation of androgen receptor function through effects on DNA binding and stabilityIngo K Mellinghoff
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer Cell 6:517-27. 2004..Surprisingly, the downstream signaling pathway responsible for these effects appears to involve kinases other than Akt. These data suggest that the HER2/ERBB3 pathway is a critical target in hormone-refractory prostate cancer...
- Truncated ErbB2 receptor (p95ErbB2) is regulated by heregulin through heterodimer formation with ErbB3 yet remains sensitive to the dual EGFR/ErbB2 kinase inhibitor GW572016Wenle Xia
Department of Discovery Medicine, GlaxoSmithKline, Five Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 3398, USA
Oncogene 23:646-53. 2004..Thus, p95ErbB2 represents a target for therapeutic intervention, and one that is sensitive to GW572016 therapy...
- Modulation of anthracycline-induced myofibrillar disarray in rat ventricular myocytes by neuregulin-1beta and anti-erbB2: potential mechanism for trastuzumab-induced cardiotoxicityDouglas B Sawyer
Cardiovascular Medicine Section, Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center and Myocardial Biology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 105:1551-4. 2002....
- Human breast cancer cells selected for resistance to trastuzumab in vivo overexpress epidermal growth factor receptor and ErbB ligands and remain dependent on the ErbB receptor networkChristoph A Ritter
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 13:4909-19. 2007..We have investigated mechanisms of acquired resistance to the HER2 antibody trastuzumab in BT-474 human breast cancer cells...
- Standardization of HER2 testing: results of an international proficiency-testing ring studyMitch Dowsett
Academic Depertment of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Mod Pathol 20:584-91. 2007..7-2.3 by at least one center. Equivocal immunohistochemistry and borderline FISH cases are difficult to interpret, even for highly experienced and validated laboratories, highlighting the need for quality-control procedures...
- Preoperative therapy with trastuzumab and paclitaxel followed by sequential adjuvant doxorubicin/cyclophosphamide for HER2 overexpressing stage II or III breast cancer: a pilot studyHarold J Burstein
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:46-53. 2003..We conducted a pilot study of preoperative trastuzumab and paclitaxel, followed by surgery and adjuvant doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide chemotherapy in earlier stage breast cancer...
- Electroporated DNA vaccine clears away multifocal mammary carcinomas in her-2/neu transgenic miceElena Quaglino
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, Orbassano, Italy
Cancer Res 64:2858-64. 2004..These findings show that an appropriate vaccine effectively inhibits the progression of multifocal preneoplastic lesions...
- Activation of AKT/PKB in breast cancer predicts a worse outcome among endocrine treated patientsG Pérez-Tenorio
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Oncology, Clinical Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Cancer 86:540-5. 2002..004). The results suggest that activation of Akt may have prognostic relevance in breast cancer...
- HER2 (neu) signaling increases the rate of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha (HIF-1alpha) synthesis: novel mechanism for HIF-1-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor expressionE Laughner
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287-3914, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:3995-4004. 2001..These data provide a molecular basis for VEGF induction and tumor angiogenesis by heregulin-HER2 signaling and establish a novel mechanism for the regulation of HIF-1alpha expression...
- 2-year follow-up of trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer: a randomised controlled trialIan Smith
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Lancet 369:29-36. 2007..We investigated the drug's effect on overall survival after a median follow-up of 2 years in the Herceptin Adjuvant (HERA) study...
- High expression of lymphocyte-associated genes in node-negative HER2+ breast cancers correlates with lower recurrence ratesGabriela Alexe
The Broad Institute of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 67:10669-76. 2007..These data suggest that early-stage HER2+ cancers associated with lymphocytic infiltration are a biologically distinct subtype with an improved natural history...
- ErbB transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptors are differentially expressed throughout the adult rat central nervous systemK M Gerecke
Department of Neurobiology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1720 Seventh Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294-0017, USA
J Comp Neurol 433:86-100. 2001..The continued expression of NRGs and their erbB receptors in mature brain also implies that these molecules perform important functions in the brain throughout life...
- Tumor-initiating cells of HER2-positive carcinoma cell lines express the highest oncoprotein levels and are sensitive to trastuzumabAlessandra Magnifico
Molecular Biology Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology, IRCCS Foundation National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 15:2010-21. 2009....
- A novel proximity assay for the detection of proteins and protein complexes: quantitation of HER1 and HER2 total protein expression and homodimerization in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded cell lines and breast cancer tissueYining Shi
Departments of Research and Development, Clinical Research, and Operations, Monogram Biosciences Inc, 345 Oyster Point Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 18:11-21. 2009..The continuous measure of HER2 protein levels over a broad dynamic range, and the novel HER2 homodimer measure, are presently being assessed as predictive markers for responses to targeted HER2 therapy...
- Breast cancer subtype approximated by estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER-2 is associated with local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapyPaul L Nguyen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2373-8. 2008..To determine whether breast cancer subtype is associated with outcome after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) consisting of lumpectomy and radiation therapy...
- Prognostic value of the molecular detection of circulating tumor cells using a multimarker reverse transcription-PCR assay for cytokeratin 19, mammaglobin A, and HER2 in early breast cancerMichail Ignatiadis
Department of Medical Oncology, University General Hospital of Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Clin Cancer Res 14:2593-600. 2008..To investigate the prognostic value of the molecular detection of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) using three markers [cytokeratin 19 (CK19), mammaglobin A (MGB1), and HER2] in early breast cancer...
- Molecular biomarkers for breast cancer prognosis: coexpression of c-erbB-2 and p53S W Beenken
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Ann Surg 233:630-8. 2001..To assess the prognostic significance of molecular biomarkers, particularly c-erbB-2 and p53, through study of prospective clinical data and archival breast cancer tissues for women accrued to the Alabama Breast Cancer Project...
- HER-2 amplification is highly homogenous in gastric cancerAndreas H Marx
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Hum Pathol 40:769-77. 2009..The high level of HER-2 amplification in combination with the homogeneity of its expression in primary and metastatic tumors argues for a possible therapeutic utility of trastuzumab in HER-2-amplified gastric adenocarcinomas...
- neu/ERBB2 cooperates with p53-172H during mammary tumorigenesis in transgenic miceB Li
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8023, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:3155-63. 1997..In these bitransgenic mice, we have recapitulated two common genetic lesions that occur in human breast cancer and have shown that p53 mutation is an important cooperating event in neu-mediated oncogenesis...
- Randomized study of Lapatinib alone or in combination with trastuzumab in women with ErbB2-positive, trastuzumab-refractory metastatic breast cancerKimberly L Blackwell
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27701, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1124-30. 2010..EGF104900 compared the activity of lapatinib alone or in combination with trastuzumab in patients with ErbB2-positive, trastuzumab-refractory metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- ERalpha-negative and triple negative breast cancer: molecular features and potential therapeutic approachesJin Qiang Chen
Breast Cancer Research Laboratory, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1796:162-75. 2009..Gaining better insights into these molecular pathways in TNBC may lead to identification of novel biomarkers and targets for development of diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for prevention and treatment of TNBC...
- HER-2/neu amplification is an independent prognostic factor in gastric cancerDong Il Park
Department of Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Dig Dis Sci 51:1371-9. 2006....
- Lapatinib: a dual inhibitor of human epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinasesPatrick J Medina
College of Pharmacy, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Clin Ther 30:1426-47. 2008....
- The neuregulin-I/ErbB signaling system in development and diseaseStefan Britsch
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine MDC Berlin Buch, Germany
Adv Anat Embryol Cell Biol 190:1-65. 2007..In this review the basic biology of the Neuregulin-1/ErbB system and how it relates to the in vivo functions were discussed with special emphasis to transgenic techniques in mice...
- Phage Display for Improved Peptide-based Tumor Targeting and Imaging AgentsSusan L Deutscher; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work is significant and relevant to the VA mission because the peptides discovered here may translate into novel prostate, breast, and ovarian cancer diagnostics and therapeutics for our veterans. ..
- Peptide-targeted alpha-particle emitting phage for ovarian cancer therapy.Thomas P Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- BIOMEDICAL (BASIC)RICHARD TESTA; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will form the foundation for Phase II studies aimed at developing Pb-based alpha-particle emitting ErbB-2-targeting peptides for the treatment of ovary, lung, and breast cancers. ..
- Low-Cost Digital Gene Expression SystemSTEVEN JEFFREY GORDON; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Coexpression of EGFRvlll/ErbB2 in Human Breast CancerCareen Tang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of the proposed studies may ultimately point to new directions of molecular therapies of breast cancer. ..
- Improved Peptide-based Tumor Targeting Agents Using Phage DisplaySusan L Deutscher; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ability of the discovered molecules to reduce kidney uptake of radiolabeled peptides that bind the ErbB-2 receptor overexpressed on breast, ovarian, and lung tumors will be investigated in living animals. ..
- Mouse Models of ErbB-2 and Cyclin D1 in Prostate CancerChristopher Albanese; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ERBB2 RECEPTOR SIGNALING AND BREAST CANCER METASTASISDihua Yu; Fiscal Year: 2002..can be induced by growth signals associated with c-erbB-2 receptor and its ligand. ..
- MEASUREMENT OF RAS ACTIVATION IN LUNG CANCERGerry Boss; Fiscal Year: 2000..The work is, therefore, responsive to PA-98-022, "Exploratory Studies in Cancer Diagnostics." ..
- The effect of erbB-2 receptor antagonism on cardiac via*Luanda Grazette; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the role of this receptor, and its relationship to signaling pathways modulating cardiomyocyte apoptosis and viability may provide a basis for novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- Analysis of Ras and Rho Activation in Prostate CancerGerry Boss; Fiscal Year: 2005..We now propose to study two large series of prostate cancers, one prospectively and one retrospectively, in order to test these two hypotheses. ..
- ACTIVATION SPECIFIC C ERBB 2 DETECTION IN BREAST CANCERRichard Epstein; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Streamlined Template Preparation for Advanced Sequencing Methods Steven Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed system will be compatible with a number of next generation systems which are starting to enter the market. ..
- REGULATION OF BRCA1 SIGNALING AND FUNCTION BY HEREGULINHava Avraham; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, these studies will provide a scientific basis for the manipulation of BRCA 1 for the treatment of this disease. ..
- Digital Gene Expression for CancerSteven Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ETIOLOGY AND PATHOGENESIS OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSISAbdolmohamad Rostami; Fiscal Year: 2000..These receptors are relevant to the growth and maturation of oligodendrocytes and the ligands, which bind the receptors may be relevant to oligodendrocyte injury or enhancement of remyelination in MS. ..
- LIPOSOMAL BCL-2 ANTISENSE THERAPY FOR SOLID TUMORSFrancisco Esteva; Fiscal Year: 2003..Gabriel Lopez-Berestein (Department of Bioimmunotherapy). M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has the patients and resources necessary for Dr. Esteva to successfully complete this research project. ..
- Adhesion signaling by a novel mitotic substrate of srcMark Moasser; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Pilot studies to develop probes for in vivo imaging of P13K/Akt pathway activityMark Moasser; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this modality could potentially lead to a ground-breaking predictive clinical monitoring tool. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antiestrogenic Effects on Tumor AngiogenesisKimberly Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this project will have profound implications, especially as clinicians begin to use the newer estrogen receptor modulating drugs for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- CD44-P185HER2 INTERACTION IN OVARIAN CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Funtional Proteomics and Response to Preoperative Theraphy in Breast CancerAna Gonzalez Angulo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preoperative chemotherapy for breast cancerLajos Pusztai; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that our work will lead to the development of microarray-based clinical tests to personalize chemotherapy selection for an individual with newly diagnosed breast cancer. ..
- First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer ConferenceMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2008..For project details please see "Conference Plan". [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHEMOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR BREAST CANCER TREATMENTLeisha Emens; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CD44/VARIANT CYTOSKELETON IN BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY YW BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Tilting the balance in cancer immunotherapy and autoimmunityWei Zen Wei; Fiscal Year: 2010..Establish a vaccination regimen to inhibit spontaneous tumorigenesis and tumor metastasis, and 3. Amplify the immunogenicity of a growing tumor by in situ transfection with TetC DNA. ..
- "Ligand Independent" endocrine disruption by pesticidesPatrick Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ANDROGEN SYNTHESIS INHIBITORS FOR PROSTATE CANCERAngela Brodie; Fiscal Year: 2008..Determine effective doses, scheduling, and route of administration and b. Compare the effect of lead inhibitors and castration on apoptosis to identify the best compound. ..
- Mechanisms by which Polarity Proteins Regulate Initiation and Progression of BreaSenthil Muthuswamy; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus the goal of this proposal is to take a new perspective - understand carcinoma initiation and progression as a function of deregulated cell polarity pathways. ..
- GeneRx - colorectal cancer recurrence predictionSTEVEN LINKE; Fiscal Year: 2008..It should lead to improvements in both survival and quality of life for colorectal cancer patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epithelial-stromal cell interactions in breast cancerKornelia Polyak; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF THE ALPHA6-BETA4 INTEGRINFilippo Giancotti; Fiscal Year: 2002..We hope that these studies will help to clarify the function of alpha6beta4 in normal and neoplastic cells. ..
- Multi-label Molecular FLIM of Breast CancerJonathan Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim III. Perform the goals of Aim II in vivo in murine and human mammary tumors in the mouse. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- METALLOPROTEASE DISINTEGRIN MDC9Carl Blobel; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CHROMOGENIC HER-2/NEU GENE AMPLIFICATION ASSAYRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2003..After design optimization, it will be ported to an automated slide staining instrument. Once performance is optimized, multi-center clinical trials will be conducted to support application for pre-market approval. ..
- STRUCTURE FUNCTION & FOLDING OF AN RNA BINDING PROTEINLynne Regan; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Phase 1b Active Immunotherapy with HER-2 Multi-epitope vPravin Kaumaya; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Modulation of ErbB Receptor Tyrosine Kinase SignalingKermit L Carraway; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific Aim 2 examines the molecular mechanisms by which Muc4 alters receptor trafficking and localization. ..
- Dual specificity phosphatases and MAP kinase signalingNicholas Tonks; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Peptide Therapeutic Approaches for Immune TolerancePravin Kaumaya; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Computational Framework for Individualized Clinical Decision-MakingNancy Lan Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will advance the computational modeling of human genome data in disease for clinical decision-making. ..
- HLA classl complex expression in breast cancer immunityKeith Knutson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will likely lead to the identification of specific molecule associated with antigen presentation that could be either a novel therapeutic target or biomarker of disease outcome. ..
- Inhibition of Tumor Progression by Hyaluronan OligomersBryan Toole; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROTEIN TYROSINE DEPHOSPHORYLATION & SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONNicholas Tonks; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, proteomics-based strategies are being developed for PTP identification in biological samples, to define novel therapeutic targets for human disease. ..
- CSHL Meeting--Tyrosine Phosphorylation & cell SignallingNicholas Tonks; Fiscal Year: 2005..The subsequent meetings (2003 and 2005) will follow a similar format and will include topics that are highly relevant at the time of the meeting. ..
- Anti-tumor mechanism of a dietary and herbal mixtureLu Hai Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..supplement, although the efficacy of SV has so far been shown mainly in the NSCLC patients, based upon its designed anti-tumor and immune enhancing activities, it is anticipated that SV should have a wide spectrum of anti-tumor efficacy ..
- 2003 Gordon Conference on ProteinsLynne Regan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the organizers are particularly sensitive to ensuring the full representation of women and minorities in this meeting. ..
- TUMOR MARKERS TO PREDICT TREATMENT RESPONSELynn Dressler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Two subcontracts are included in this proposal, one to support the CALGB Pathology Coordinating Office functions at OSU relevant to this study and the other in support of the molecular studies being performed by USC. ..
- The RGS-9 mouse: inducible expression in the striatumCary Lai; Fiscal Year: 2004..Through these efforts, we hope to create a genetic tool that will accelerate the development of therapeutics for the patient with Parkinson's and Huntington's disease. ..
- Molecular Analysis-Directed Individualised Therapy in AdGeorge Simon; Fiscal Year: 2005..Patients will be followed till death and survival curves will be generated. ..
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of these studies will thus determine the role of HIN-1 as a potential tumor suppressor gene and, since it is inactivated frequently in early BC, may provide an excellent target for preventive intervention. ..
- Role of the Fetus in the Initiation of ParturitionCAROLE MENDELSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Enzymatic Metallography for Ultrasensitive BiodetectionRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HIN-1,A Novel Putative Breast Tumor Suppressor GeneKornelia Polyak; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Discovery and characterization of breast cancer genesJohn Hodgson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, effects on in vivo tumorigenic potential will be assessed by evaluating tumor growth in immunedeficient mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Older Patients with Early Breast CancerArash Naeim; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multi-Antigen Vaccines for Breast CancerMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Role of the Adaptor Protein Shc in Integrin SignalingFilippo Giancotti; Fiscal Year: 2007..DNA microarray analysis of polysome-bound mRNAs will be employed to study the role that matrix control of mRNA translation plays in coordinating cell growth and cell division. ..
- INVESTIGATING THE MECHANISMS OF PRB TUMOR SUPPRESSIONArnab Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim number 3: To determine whether the deregulation of E2F dependent transcription is correlated with the tumorigenic potential of RB -/- cells in-vivo. ..
- The cholinergic mouseCary Lai; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Neuregulin/erbB Signaling in the Adult HeartDouglas Sawyer; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately, these studies will lead to an understanding of how myocardial NRG/erbB signaling functions to positively regulate cardiac structure, function, and response to stress. ..
- OXIDATIVE STRESS INDUCED APOPTOSIS IN CARDIAC MYOCYTESDouglas Sawyer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, he will examine whether transgenic mice over-expressing manganese-dependent superoxide dismutase have increased susceptibility to myocardial apoptosis after myocardial infarction. ..
- HB-EGF AND ITS RECEPTORSMichael Klagsbrun; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Genomics Tools for HER2 heterodimers and Androgen Receptor SignalingAnjali Jain; Fiscal Year: 2007..Androgen receptor is one such protein. Our research proposes to develop methods to search for compounds that specifically block the androgen receptor in prostate cancer cells. [unreadable]..