Genomes and Genes
hepatitis b surface antigens
Summary: Those hepatitis B antigens found on the surface of the Dane particle and on the 20 nm spherical and tubular particles. Several subspecificities of the surface antigen are known. These were formerly called the Australia antigen.
Publications350 found, 100 shown here
- Hepatitis B virus infection--natural history and clinical consequencesDon Ganem
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1118-29. 2004
- Epidemiological serosurvey of hepatitis B in China--declining HBV prevalence due to hepatitis B vaccinationXiaofeng Liang
Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Vaccine 27:6550-7. 2009....
- Occult hepatitis B virus infectionGiovanni Raimondo
Unit of Clinical and Molecular Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Messina, 98124 Messina, Italy
J Hepatol 46:160-70. 2007..Moreover, much evidence suggests that it can favour the progression of liver fibrosis and above all the development of hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Peginterferon Alfa-2a, lamivudine, and the combination for HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis BGeorge K K Lau
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
N Engl J Med 352:2682-95. 2005....
- Natural history of chronic hepatitis B: special emphasis on disease progression and prognostic factorsGiovanna Fattovich
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Verona, Piazzale L A Scuro, 10, Verona 37134, Italy
J Hepatol 48:335-52. 2008..There is a growing understanding of viral, host and environmental factors influencing disease progression, which ultimately could improve the management of chronic hepatitis B...
- HIV-1, hepatitis B virus, and risk of liver-related mortality in the Multicenter Cohort Study (MACS)Chloe L Thio
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Lancet 360:1921-6. 2002..Our aim was to examine liver-related mortality among people at risk for HIV-1 and HBV infections...
- Geographic distribution, virologic and clinical characteristics of hepatitis B virus genotypes in ChinaG Zeng
Hepatology Unit and Department of Infectious Diseases, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
J Viral Hepat 12:609-17. 2005..HBV DNA recombination over the surface and precore/core genes increases the diversity of HBV strains and may have diagnostic and clinical implications...
- Persistence of cccDNA during the natural history of chronic hepatitis B and decline during adefovir dipivoxil therapyBettina Werle-Lapostolle
INSERM Unit 271, 151 Cours Albert Thomas, 69003 Lyon, France
Gastroenterology 126:1750-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to develop a sensitive and specific assay for quantifying cccDNA in biopsy samples from chronic hepatitis B patients during different natural history phases and in patients undergoing antiviral therapy...
- The clinical implications of hepatitis B virus genotype: Recent advancesChih Lin Lin
Department of Gastroenterology, Taipei City Hospital, Taiwan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:123-30. 2011..In conclusion, genotyping of chronic HBV infections can help practicing physicians identify those at risk of disease progression and determine optimal anti-viral therapy...
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate versus adefovir dipivoxil for chronic hepatitis BPatrick Marcellin
Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, University of Paris 7 and INSERM Unité 773, Centre de Recherches Claude Bernard sur les Hepatites Virales, Clichy, France
N Engl J Med 359:2442-55. 2008..Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (DF) is a nucleotide analogue and a potent inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase and hepatitis B virus (HBV) polymerase...
- Serum hepatitis B surface antigen and hepatitis B e antigen titers: disease phase influences correlation with viral load and intrahepatic hepatitis B virus markersAlexander J V Thompson
Department of Research and Molecular Development, Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hepatology 51:1933-44. 2010..28, P = 0.01) and did not correlate with intrahepatic cccDNA nor total HBV DNA. Quantitative IHC for hepatocyte HBsAg confirmed a relationship with viral replication only in HBeAg-positive patients...
- Occult hepatitis BMichael Torbenson
Department of Pathology, Division of Gastrointestinal and Hepatic Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 2:479-86. 2002..Although much more research is needed, existing reports justify a heightened awareness of the medical importance and means of testing for occult hepatitis B...
- Associations between hepatitis B virus genotype and mutants and the risk of hepatocellular carcinomaHwai I Yang
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica and Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1134-43. 2008..We examined the HCC risk associated with HBV genotypes and common variants in the precore and basal core promoter (BCP) regions...
- Hepatitis B surface antigen serum levels help to distinguish active from inactive hepatitis B virus genotype D carriersMaurizia Rossana Brunetto
Hepatology Unit, University Hospital of Pisa, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Gastroenterology 139:483-90. 2010..We studied whether hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) serum levels (HBsAgsl) quantification may contribute to diagnosis of HBV phases in untreated hepatitis B e antigen-negative genotype D asymptomatic carriers...
- Prevalence of hepatitis B in the southeast of China: a population-based study with a large sample sizeZhuanbo Luo
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:695-700. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate the epidemiology of HBV in adults and to provide the most recent baseline data for planning and monitoring of health...
- Hepatitis B vaccines: protective efficacy and therapeutic potentialM L Michel
Laboratoire de pathogenèse des virus de l hépatite B, Institut Pasteur, Batiment Lwoff, 28, rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 58:288-95. 2010..HBV vaccines have recently taken on a new role as therapeutic vaccines as an attempt to cure or to control hepatitis B virus infection in persistently infected individuals...
- Diagnosis, prevention and management of hepatitis B virus reactivation during anticancer therapyWinnie Yeo
Department of Clinical Oncology, Sir Y K Pao Centre for Cancer, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Hepatology 43:209-20. 2006
- Pre-structured motifs in the natively unstructured preS1 surface antigen of hepatitis B virusSeung Wook Chi
Molecular Cancer Research Center, Division of Molecular Therapeutics, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea
Protein Sci 16:2108-17. 2007..Overall results suggest that the preS1 is a natively unstructured protein (NUP) whose N-terminal 50 residues, populated with multiple pre-structured motifs, contribute critically to hepatocyte binding...
- HBsAg seroclearance in asymptomatic carriers of high endemic areas: appreciably high rates during a long-term follow-upChia Ming Chu
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 45:1187-92. 2007..In multivariate analysis, the probability of HBsAg seroclearance correlated positively with age at entry (P<0.0001) and sustained remission of hepatitis (P<0.0001) and marginally significantly with male sex (P=0.053)...
- Frequency and load of hepatitis B virus DNA in first-time blood donors with antibodies to hepatitis B core antigenHolger Hennig
Institute of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, University of Lubeck, Germany
Blood 100:2637-41. 2002..Routine anti-HBc screening of blood donations could probably prevent some transfusion-transmitted HBV infections...
- Systematic review: the effect of preventive lamivudine on hepatitis B reactivation during chemotherapyRohit Loomba
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:519-28. 2008..Lamivudine is increasingly being used to prevent hepatitis B reactivation in patients with cancer who test positive for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and are undergoing chemotherapy...
- Prognosis following spontaneous HBsAg seroclearance in chronic hepatitis B patients with or without concurrent infectionYi Cheng Chen
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and University, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 123:1084-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to clarify the controversy on long-term prognosis following spontaneous HBsAg seroclearance using a large series of patients...
- Kinetics of hepatitis B surface antigen differ between treatment with peginterferon and entecavirJurriën G P Reijnders
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 54:449-54. 2011..We aimed to investigate serum hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) levels in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection during peginterferon (PEG-IFN) and entecavir (ETV) monotherapy...
- Hepatitis B surface antigen quantification: why and how to use it in 2011 - a core group reportHenry Lik Yuen Chan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics and Institute of Digestive Disease, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Hepatol 55:1121-31. 2011..In clinical practice, serum HBsAg level should be used together with, but not as a substitute for, HBV DNA...
- Kinetics of hepatitis B surface antigen decline during 3 years of telbivudine treatment in hepatitis B e antigen-positive patientsKarsten Wursthorn
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Hepatology 52:1611-20. 2010..In patients with subsequent HBsAg loss, viral antigens were already undetectable in liver biopsy samples after 1 year of treatment. This was associated with markedly enhanced antiviral T cell reactivity...
- CpG DNA is a potent enhancer of specific immunity in mice immunized with recombinant hepatitis B surface antigenH L Davis
Loeb Research Institute, Ottawa Civic Hospital, ON, Canada
J Immunol 160:870-6. 1998..These studies demonstrate that CpG ODN are promising new immune enhancers for vaccination applications...
- Occult hepatitis B virus infection and its clinical implicationsKe Qin Hu
Transplantation Institute and Division of Gastroenterology, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Jerry L Pettis Memorial VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
J Viral Hepat 9:243-57. 2002..Highly sensitive, quantitative, and functional molecular analyses of HBV, combined with a well-designed prospective clinical assessment will provide the best approach for the future study of occult HBV infection...
- Recommendations for identification and public health management of persons with chronic hepatitis B virus infectionCindy M Weinbaum
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS G 37, Atlanta GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 57:1-20. 2008..This report is intended to serve as a resource for public health officials, organizations, and health-care professionals involved in the development, delivery, and evaluation of prevention and clinical services...
- Two decades of universal hepatitis B vaccination in taiwan: impact and implication for future strategiesYen Hsuan Ni
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Genomics Research Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 132:1287-93. 2007....
- HBsAg and HBx knocked into the p21 locus causes hepatocellular carcinoma in miceYouliang Wang
Genetic Laboratory of Development and Diseases, Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing, China
Hepatology 39:318-24. 2004..In conclusion, these mice might serve as good models for studying the different roles of HBsAg and HBx in early events of HBV-related hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Occult hepatitis B virus infection: a covert operationF B Hollinger
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Viral Hepat 17:1-15. 2010....
- Hepatitis B virus surface antigen impairs myeloid dendritic cell function: a possible immune escape mechanism of hepatitis B virusMarjoleine L Op den Brouw
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Immunology 126:280-9. 2009..The direct immune regulatory effect of HBV and circulating HBsAg particles on the function of DC can be considered as part of the mechanism by which HBV escapes immunity...
- Decreased incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in hepatitis B vaccinees: a 20-year follow-up studyMei Hwei Chang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Chung Shan S Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1348-55. 2009....
- Pre-S mutant surface antigens in chronic hepatitis B virus infection induce oxidative stress and DNA damageYi Hsuan Hsieh
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Carcinogenesis 25:2023-32. 2004..These results indicate that pre-S1/S2 mutant HBsAg, which make up GGHs, induce oxidative DNA damage and mutations in hepatocytes in the late stages of HBV infection...
- Hydrodynamic injection of viral DNA: a mouse model of acute hepatitis B virus infectionPriscilla L Yang
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13825-30. 2002..In addition, this methodology represents a prototype for the study of other known and to-be-discovered liver-specific pathogens...
- Hepatitis B virus genotype and DNA level and hepatocellular carcinoma: a prospective study in menMing Whei Yu
Department of Public Health, Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:265-72. 2005..Although chronic infection with hepatitis B virus (HBV) has been established as a cause of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the roles of viral load and HBV genotype remain unclear...
- Hepatitis B vaccinesDaniel Shouval
Hadassah Medical Organization, Hadassah University Hospital, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
J Hepatol 39:S70-6. 2003..Newly developed pre-S/S hepatitis B vaccines may play a role in inducing fast and augmented seroconversion rates in special risk groups...
- High prevalence and mapping of pre-S deletion in hepatitis B virus carriers with progressive liver diseasesBing Fang Chen
School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 130:1153-68. 2006..The interactions among pre-S deletion, precore (PC) mutation, and basal core promoter (BCP) mutation in various stages of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection remain unclear and were thus investigated in this study...
- Pathogenesis of hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma: old and new paradigmsChristian Brechot
Liver Unit and INSERM U370, Rene Descartes University, Pasteur Necker Institute, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 127:S56-61. 2004....
- Effect of hepatitis B immunisation in newborn infants of mothers positive for hepatitis B surface antigen: systematic review and meta-analysisChuanfang Lee
Cochrane Hepato Biliary Group, Copenhagen Trial Unit, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
BMJ 332:328-36. 2006..To evaluate the effects of hepatitis B vaccine and immunoglobulin in newborn infants of mothers positive for hepatitis B surface antigen...
- Occult hepatitis B virus infection in hepatitis B vaccinated children in TaiwanShu Chi Mu
Department of Pediatrics, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Hepatol 50:264-72. 2009..Presence of occult HBV infection in HBV vaccinated children remains largely unknown. The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of occult HBV infection among HBV vaccinated children in Taiwan...
- Prevalence, correlates and pattern of hepatitis B surface antigen in a low resource settingAhizechukwu C Eke
Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Virol J 8:12. 2011..In spite of this, routine antenatal screening for hepatitis B infection is not yet practiced in many Nigerian hospitals. This paper present the findings of a study conducted among antenatal women in Nnewi, Nigeria...
- High levels of hepatitis B surface antigen increase risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with low HBV loadTai Chung Tseng
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital Taipei Branch, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 142:1140-1149.e3; quiz e13-4. 2012..Patients with lower levels of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) have higher chances of losing HBsAg than those with high levels. However, little is known about whether higher levels of HBsAg increase risk for HCC...
- [Distribution of hepatitis B virus genotypes in Korea]Ji Hyun Cho
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 15:140-7. 2009..Considering the incidence of prevailing hepatitis B virus (HBV) genotypes in neighboring nations, the predominance of genotype C in Korea is exceptional and needs to be confirmed by nationwide investigation...
- Clearance of hepatitis B surface antigen and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a cohort chronically infected with hepatitis B virusJosephine Simonetti
Liver Disease and Hepatitis Program, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Hepatology 51:1531-7. 2010..7 cases per 100,000 person-years of follow-up [95% CI 141.1-264.5; P < 0.001]). After loss of HBsAg, HBV DNA was detected in the sera of 28 (18%) of those who cleared a median of 3.6 years after clearance...
- Effectiveness of hepatitis B vaccination in babies born to hepatitis B surface antigen-positive mothers in ItalyA Mele
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Infect Dis 184:905-8. 2001..There is no evidence that the emergence of HBV escape mutants secondary to the immune pressure against wild-type HBV is of concern...
- Lamivudine in late pregnancy to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B virus infection: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyW M Xu
Shanghai Infectious Disease Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Viral Hepat 16:94-103. 2009..Results of this study suggest that lamivudine reduced HBV transmission from highly viraemic mothers to their infants who received passive/active immunization...
- High genetic variability of the group-specific a-determinant of hepatitis B virus surface antigen (HBsAg) and the corresponding fragment of the viral polymerase in chronic virus carriers lacking detectable HBsAg in serumK M Weinberger
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Straubeta Allee 11, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
J Gen Virol 81:1165-74. 2000..These findings suggest that at least some of the chronic low-level carriers of HBV, where surface antigen is not detected, could be infected by diagnostic escape mutants and/or by variants with impaired replication...
- Molecular and phylogenetic analyses suggest an additional hepatitis B virus genotype "I"Hai Yu
National Institute of Diagnostics and Vaccine Development in Infectious Diseases, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
PLoS ONE 5:e9297. 2010..All evidence suggests that W29, together with other related strains found in Vietnam and Laos, should be classified into a new genotype...
- Hepatitis B surface antigen levels during the natural history of chronic hepatitis B: a perspective on AsiaTin Nguyen
Department of Research and Molecular Development, Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, North Melbourne, Vic, Australia
J Hepatol 52:508-13. 2010..We aimed to define the serum HBsAg titres during the different phases of CHB in a cohort of Asian patients infected with either genotype B or C HBV...
- Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) levels in the natural history of hepatitis B virus (HBV)-infection: a European perspectiveJerzy Jaroszewicz
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, Hannover, Germany
J Hepatol 52:514-22. 2010..However, there is limited information on HBsAg levels considering the dynamic natural course of HBV-infection. This study aimed to determine HBsAg levels in the different phases of HBV-infection in European HBsAg-positive patients...
- Pre-S deletion and complex mutations of hepatitis B virus related to advanced liver disease in HBeAg-negative patientsChien Hung Chen
Division of Hepatogastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 133:1466-74. 2007....
- Human microRNA hsa-miR-125a-5p interferes with expression of hepatitis B virus surface antigenNicoletta Potenza
Department of Life Sciences, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 39:5157-63. 2011..Overall, these results support the emerging concept that some mammalian microRNAs play a role in virus-host interaction. Furthermore, they provide the basis for the development of new strategies for anti-HBV intervention...
- Quantitative hepatitis B surface antigen and hepatitis B e antigen titers in prediction of treatment response to entecavirJung Min Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Hepatology 53:1486-93. 2011..The sensitivity and specificity were 75.0% and 89.8%, respectively, with a decline of 1.00 PE IU/mL at 6 months. With ETV therapy, the correlation between HBV DNA and qHBsAg peaked at 6 months in HBeAg(+) patients...
- Hepatitis B virus pre-S mutants, endoplasmic reticulum stress and hepatocarcinogenesisHui Ching Wang
Division of Clinical Research, National Health Research Institutes, National Cheng Kung University College of Medicine, Tainan 704, Taiwan
Cancer Sci 97:683-8. 2006..In summary, the findings we describe in this review suggest a potential role for HBV pre-S mutants in HBV-related hepatocarcinogenesis, providing a model of viral carcinogenesis associated with ER stress...
- Early kinetics of innate and adaptive immune responses during hepatitis B virus infectionP Fisicaro
Laboratory of Viral Immunopathology, Unit of Infectious Diseases and Hepatology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Gut 58:974-82. 2009..The aim of this study was thus to characterise natural killer (NK) and CD56(+) natural T (NT) cell responses early after human HBV infection and their relationship to the induction of adaptive immunity...
- Hepatitis B virus surface antigen levels: a guide to sustained response to peginterferon alfa-2a in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis BMaurizia Rossana Brunetto
UO Epatologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy
Hepatology 49:1141-50. 2009..An HBsAg level <10 IU/mL at week 48 and on-treatment decline >1 log(10) IU/mL were significantly associated with sustained HBsAg clearance 3 years after treatment (both P < 0.0001)...
- Early serum HBsAg drop: a strong predictor of sustained virological response to pegylated interferon alfa-2a in HBeAg-negative patientsRami Moucari
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 49:1151-7. 2009..HBsAg loss was observed in three patients, all with SVR...
- HBsAg inhibits TLR9-mediated activation and IFN-alpha production in plasmacytoid dendritic cellsYongfen Xu
Fudan University, China
Mol Immunol 46:2640-6. 2009....
- Different types of ground glass hepatocytes in chronic hepatitis B virus infection contain specific pre-S mutants that may induce endoplasmic reticulum stressHui Ching Wang
Graduate Institutes of Basic Medical Sciences, Molecular Medicine, and Immunology and Microbiology, National Cheng Kung University College of Medicine, Tainan, Taiwan
Am J Pathol 163:2441-9. 2003..Type I GGHs expressed an inclusion-like pattern of hepatitis B surface antigens and harbored mutants with deletions over pre-S1 region, whereas type II GGHs, distributed in clusters ..
- The virological and clinical significance of mutations in the overlapping envelope and polymerase genes of hepatitis B virusJoseph Torresi
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Vic, Australia
J Clin Virol 25:97-106. 2002..The ability to change a viral protein by mutations in an overlapping but unrelated viral gene may produce HBV mutants with altered antigenicity and/or replication and a natural history that may be distinctly different to wild type HBV...
- Nucleic acid testing to detect HBV infection in blood donorsSusan L Stramer
Scientific Support Office, American Red Cross, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, USA
N Engl J Med 364:236-47. 2011..The current use of nucleic acid testing for detection of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA and HBV DNA in a single triplex assay may provide additional safety...
- Viral and cellular determinants involved in hepadnaviral entryDieter Glebe
Institute of Medical Virology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Frankfurter Strasse 107, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 13:22-38. 2007..g. test the fitness of escape mutants), (3) titrate and map neutralizing antibodies, (4) improve current vaccines to combat acute and chronic infections of hepatitis B, and (5) develop entry inhibitors for future clinical applications...
- Clinical impact of occult HBV infectionsI Chemin
Inserm U271 151 Crs A Thomas, 69003 Lyon, France
J Clin Virol 34:S15-21. 2005..Occult HBV infection is a frequent phenomenon and HBV DNA testing with highly sensitive PCR in the clinical setting is therefore becoming of paramount importance...
- Hepatitis B e antigen and the risk of hepatocellular carcinomaHwai I Yang
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei
N Engl J Med 347:168-74. 2002..We conducted a prospective study to determine the relation between positivity for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and HBeAg and the development of hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Reactivation of hepatitis B virus following rituximab-based regimens: a serious complication in both HBsAg-positive and HBsAg-negative patientsSung nan Pei
Division of Hema Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Ann Hematol 89:255-62. 2010..In conclusion, rituximab-based therapy may cause serious HBV-related complications and even death in both HBsAg-positive and HBsAg-negative patients...
- HBV and HCV prevalence and viraemia in HIV-positive and HIV-negative pregnant women in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire: the ANRS 1236 studyFrancois Rouet
CeDReS, Programme PAC CI, CHU de Treichville, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
J Med Virol 74:34-40. 2004..We propose an accurate and cost-efficient algorithm for HCV diagnosis in Africa...
- Removing N-terminal sequences in pre-S1 domain enhanced antibody and B-cell responses by an HBV large surface antigen DNA vaccineGuohong Ge
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e41573. 2012....
- Hepatitis B and C virus infection in Nigerian patients with HIV/AIDSO A Lesi
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, PMB 12003, Idi Araba, Lagos
Niger Postgrad Med J 14:129-33. 2007..This study was designed to assess the prevalence of HBV and HCV infection in HIV patients and evaluate the risk of infection compared with HIV negative control subjects...
- Chemoimmunotherapy of chronic hepatitis B virus infection in the woodchuck model overcomes immunologic tolerance and restores T-cell responses to pre-S and S regions of the viral envelope proteinStephan Menne
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Room C 2005 VMC, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Virol 81:10614-24. 2007..The results have implications for mechanisms of immunological tolerance operating in chronic HBV infection and suggest that such combined chemoimmunotherapy may be useful for treatment of humans with chronic HBV infection...
- Hepatitis B virus status and risk of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: a case-control study from ChinaQiwen Ben
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, China
Pancreas 41:435-40. 2012..This study was to assess the role of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) risk using a hospital-based case-control design...
- A population-based study investigating the association between metabolic syndrome and hepatitis B/C infection (Keelung Community-based Integrated Screening study No. 10)C F Jan
Department of Family Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:794-9. 2006..We aimed to assess the association between metabolic syndrome (MS) and hepatitis B/C virus infection using a large population-based study...
- Viral determinants of hepatitis B surface antigen seroclearance in hepatitis B e antigen-negative chronic hepatitis B patientsHenry Lik Yuen Chan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics and Institute of Digestive Disease, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
J Infect Dis 204:408-14. 2011..We studied whether quantification of serum HBsAg and HBV DNA levels could predict spontaneous HBsAg clearance in patients with negative hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)...
- Assessment of dried blood spot samples as a simple method for detection of hepatitis B virus markersLivia Melo Villar
Viral Hepatitis Laboratory, Oswaldo Cruz Institute, FIOCRUZ, RJ, Brazil
J Med Virol 83:1522-9. 2011..These results indicate that modified ELISA can be used to detect HBV markers in DBS samples, particularly if the samples are stored appropriately...
- Hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus seroprevalence in rural areas of the southwestern region of TurkeyFusun Zeynep Akcam
Department of Infectious Disease and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Int J Infect Dis 13:274-84. 2009..Few studies have been conducted in the field in rural and urban areas of Turkey. The aim of this study was to determine the seroprevalence of HBV and HCV and to investigate the association with risk factors...
- Reduction of hepatitis B surface antigen and covalently closed circular DNA by nucleos(t)ide analogues of different potencyDanny Ka Ho Wong
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:1004-10.e1. 2013..We measured the magnitude of reduction of cccDNA and HBsAg by nucleos(t)ide analogue therapy and assessed the correlation between their reductions...
- Decreasing levels of HBsAg predict HBsAg seroclearance in patients with inactive chronic hepatitis B virus infectionYi Cheng Chen
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 10:297-302. 2012..Serum levels of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) decrease gradually during chronic hepatitis B virus infection. We investigated the association between levels of HBsAg and HBsAg seroclearance...
- N-terminal myristoylation-dependent masking of neutralizing epitopes in the preS1 attachment site of hepatitis B virusCorinna M Bremer
Institute of Medical Virology, Justus Liebig University, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Hepatol 55:29-37. 2011..Its B-cell epitopes leading to neutralization of infectivity are not yet characterized...
- Detection of hepatitis B virus (HBV) genotype E carried--even in the presence of high titers of anti-HBs antibodies--by an Argentinean patient of African descent who had received vaccination against HBVVerónica L Mathet
Departamento Microbiologia, Centro para el Estudio de Hepatitis Virales, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155 Piso 11, 1121 Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Clin Microbiol 44:3435-9. 2006..Both sisters carried an unusual L209V substitution within HBsAg...
- Clinical utility of hepatitis B surface antigen quantitation in patients with chronic hepatitis B: a reviewYun Fan Liaw
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 53:2121-9. 2011....
- Hepatitis B viral surface mutations in patients with adefovir resistant chronic hepatitis B with A181T/V polymerase mutationsJeong Han Kim
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 25:257-64. 2010..Although sW172stop and sL173F mutations were detected, reduced HBsAg titer was not observed. Further study of these mutations and their clinical implications are needed...
- High prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection in B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaFabrizio Marcucci
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Haematologica 91:554-7. 2006..75-7.66). HBV/HCV co-infection was found in four cases, but in no controls. The finding of a positive association between HBV infection and B-NHL raises the possibility that HBV may play an etiologic role in the induction of B-NHL...
- Hepatitis B infection is associated with asymptomatic malaria in the Brazilian AmazonBruno B Andrade
Centro de Pesquisas Goncalo Moniz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Salvador, Brazil
PLoS ONE 6:e19841. 2011..Areas that are endemic for malaria are also highly endemic for hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. Nevertheless, it is unknown whether HBV infection modifies the clinical presentation of malaria. This study aimed to address this question...
- Molecular genesis of drug-resistant and vaccine-escape HBV mutantsStephen A Locarnini
Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, North Melbourne, Australia
Antivir Ther 15:451-61. 2010..Thus, prevention of resistance requires the adoption of strategies that not only effectively control HBV replication, but also prevent the emergence of ADAPVEMs...
- A meta-analysis of epidemiological studies on the combined effect of hepatitis B and C virus infections in causing hepatocellular carcinomaF Donato
Cattedra di Igiene, Universita di Brescia, Italy
Int J Cancer 75:347-54. 1998..The interaction was therefore negative according to the multiplicative model, providing epidemiological evidence both of an independent effect and of interference between the 2 viruses in the carcinogenic process...
- Methylation regulates hepatitis B viral protein expressionPerumal Vivekanandan
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Infect Dis 199:1286-91. 2009..However, data are lacking about whether methylation regulates viral gene expression...
- Highly endemic hepatitis B infection in rural VietnamVan Thi Thuy Nguyen
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:2093-100. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine HBV and HDV prevalence, and identify risk factors for HBV infection...
- Virus-like particle production with yeast: ultrastructural and immunocytochemical insights into Pichia pastoris producing high levels of the hepatitis B surface antigenHeinrich Lünsdorf
Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research VAM, Braunschweig, Germany
Microb Cell Fact 10:48. 2011..So far, no clear evidence has been presented showing whether HBsAg assembles in vivo inside the yeast cell into VLPs or later in vitro during down-stream processing and purification...
- Maturation of recombinant hepatitis B virus surface antigen particlesQinjian Zhao
Department of Bioprocess and Bioanalytical Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Hum Vaccin 2:174-80. 2006..These changes in the structural properties may be critical for the antigenicity and immuno-genicity of this widely-used vaccine component...
- Natural history of chronic hepatitis B REVEALedChien Jen Chen
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taichung, Taiwan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:628-38. 2011..Serum HBV DNA level at study entry is a major predictor of spontaneous seroclearance of HBeAg, HBV DNA and HBsAg. These findings may inform the effective and efficient management of chronic hepatitis B...
- Physicochemical and immunological characterization of hepatitis B virus envelope particles exclusively consisting of the entire L (pre-S1 + pre-S2 + S) proteinT Yamada
Department of Structural Molecular Biology, Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research SANKEN, Osaka University, 8 1 Mihogaoka, 567 0047, Ibaraki, Japan
Vaccine 19:3154-63. 2001..These results show the high ability of L particles to induce all antibodies against HBV env proteins, hence promising the future application of L particles for the next generation HB vaccine...
- Serum hepatitis B surface antigen levels predict surface antigen loss in hepatitis B e antigen seroconvertersTai Chung Tseng
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital Taipei Branch, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 141:517-25, 525.e1-2. 2011..However, little is known about factors predicting HBsAg loss in patients who spontaneously clear hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)...
- Amino acid substitutions at positions 122 and 145 of hepatitis B virus surface antigen (HBsAg) determine the antigenicity and immunogenicity of HBsAg and influence in vivo HBsAg clearanceChunchen Wu
Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
J Virol 86:4658-69. 2012..In addition, the presence of proper anti-HBs antibodies is indispensable for the neutralization and clearance of HBsAg during HBV infection...
- A function essential to viral entry underlies the hepatitis B virus "a" determinantJessica Salisse
Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
J Virol 83:9321-8. 2009..The characterization of the AGL functions at viral entry may lead to novel approaches in the development of antivirals against HBV...
- Oral immunogenicity of potato-derived HBsAg middle protein in BALB/c miceJung Won Youm
Plant Genomics Research Center, KRIBB, 52 Oun Dong, Yusung Gu, Daejon 305 333, Republic of Korea
Vaccine 25:577-84. 2007..From these results, the inclusion of preS2 antigen to HBV plant vaccine may provide additional protective immunity in the HBV prevention...
- Detection of highly prevalent hepatitis B virus coinfection among HIV-seropositive persons in GhanaAnna Maria Geretti
Department of Virology, Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust and UCL Medical School, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 48:3223-30. 2010..6%). The prevalence of HBV coinfection was high in this HIV-positive Ghanaian cohort. The two rapid assays identified HBsAg-positive patients at risk for liver disease with high specificity, albeit with only moderate sensitivity...
- Control of hepatitis B in China: prevention and treatmentYu Wang
Liver Research Center, Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 9:21-5. 2011....
- High alpha-fetoprotein level correlates with high stage, early recurrence and poor prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma: significance of hepatitis virus infection, age, p53 and beta-catenin mutationsShian Yang Peng
Department of General Education, National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 112:44-50. 2004....
- Vaccination against hepatitis B among prisoners in Iran: accelerated vs. classic vaccinationAli Asghar Zolghadr Asli
Islamic Azad University, Istahban Branch, Istahban, Iran
Health Policy 100:297-304. 2011..In this randomized clinical trial we investigated the efficacy of an accelerated vaccination protocol vs. classic schedule among prisoners in Iran...
- Circulating hepatitis B surface antigen particles carry hepatocellular microRNAsLuisa Novellino
Hepatology Unit and Liver Physiopathology Laboratory, University Hospital of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e31952. 2012....
- Early on-treatment prediction of response to peginterferon alfa-2a for HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B using HBsAg and HBV DNA levelsVincent Rijckborst
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatology 52:454-61. 2010..74). None of the 20 patients (20% of the study population) in whom a decrease in serum HBsAg levels was absent and whose HBV DNA levels declined less than 2 log copies/mL exhibited an SR (negative predictive value = 100%)...
- Nanoemulsion-based vaccine for chronic hepatitis B virusJames R Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Development of a safe, needle-free, easy-to-administer and highly effective nanoemulsion-based vaccine would have great value for use as a therapeutic agent against chronic HBV infection in the United States and globally. ..
- Occult Hepatitis B Infection in South African HIV PatientsJason T Blackard; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Low Cost Multi-pathogen Laser Diagnostic for HIV and AIDS Co-InfectionsCHRISTOPHER JOHN MYATT; Fiscal Year: 2011..The simplicity and low cost of the technology will facilitate the use of antiretroviral therapy, greatly prolonging the lives of those infected with HIV and reducing the burden of disease in populations where HIV is endemic. ..
- DRW HIV-Ab/HBsAg Duplex Rapid Test submission for FDA-PMA approvalHelen Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is especially true in blood banks processing less than10,000 donations/year located in regions of high prevalence for the HIV and HBV viral markers. Confidential information: patent application in process ..
- Influence of Naive Lymphocyte Repertoire Size on Vaccination EfficancyMARC KEVIN JENKINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, these studies have the potential to predict who will not respond to this important vaccine and suggest a solution to this problem. ..
- Structural Studies of HBsAg: Support for Quentin FlorenceQUENTIN FLORENCE; Fiscal Year: 2009..This lack of structure prevents us from understanding mutational effects on the antigenic properties of the epitope and in the design of new and better vaccines. ..
- RANDOMIZED HEPATITIS B VACCINE DELIVERY TRIAL FOR IDUSKaren Seal; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- BIODEGRADABLE MINERAL MICROSPHERE ADJUVANTS FOR VACCINESELIE NUWAYSER; Fiscal Year: 1999..The potential for preparing lyophilized vaccine doses which would not require refrigeration generates added commercial value for the mineral microsphere adjuvants. ..
- ADJUVANTICITY OF STEARYL-TYROSINE--SUBUNIT & HIV SYSTEMConstantin Bona; Fiscal Year: 1991..The ultimate goal of this project is to develop an adjuvant which is suitable for human use in the vaccination against HIV.rr..
- MUCOSAL IMMUNITY AND ORAL TOLERANCE--INNATE IMMUNITYCarol Tacket; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this study will be the first to address the hypothesis that the mode of antigen delivery and level of prostaglandins modulate the balance between oral immunity and tolerance in humans. ..
- SYNTHETIC MONOSACCHARIDES ADJUVANTS FOR HUMAN VACCINESDavid Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- RECOMBINANT TUMOR VACCINE--CATBRMAlbert LoBuglio; Fiscal Year: 1999..Confirmation of a high rate of CEA immune response induction would provide the rationale for phase III efficacy trials in the setting of adjuvant therapy for resected Dukes' B and C colorectal cancer (adjuvant trials). ..
- IDENTIFICATION OF A CELL RECEPTOR FOR HEPATITIS B VIRUSMARK PEEPLES; Fiscal Year: 1992..All of the blocking peptides and antibodies described above will be used to confirm that the infectious HBV particles use the same receptor thereby validating its potential as a target for therapy...
- IDIOTYPIC ANALYSIS OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSE TO HBVRonald Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 1991..In addition, these studies should provide information into whether idiotype networks, expression of particular idiotypes or both are important in the host response to HBV...
- ANTI SENSE INHIBITION OF HBSAG EXPRESSION IN HEP G2 CELLHoward Gamper; Fiscal Year: 1991..The effect of this delivery system on the potency of the anti-sense effect and on the stability and cellular uptake of each ODN will be determined...
- HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIGEN SECRETION AND ASSEMBLYDon Ganem; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- All-in-One Biochip for Infectious Disease ScreeningWINSTON HO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed IDChip system not only automated a rapid test (< 25 minutes), but also offers excellent sensitivity. ..
- RELATIONSHIP OF HCV INFECTION & ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASEChao Hung Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Risk of Blood Borne Transmission of CJDShimian Zou; Fiscal Year: 2008..Publishanddisseminateresultsof thestudy. ..
- OPINIONS OF BLOOD DONATION: A U.S. POPULATION SURVEYGeorge Schreiber; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings will be rapidly disseminated to the transfusion medical community and government agencies. ..
- Hepatoxicity in an African HIV Treatment CohortChristopher Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..It will be conducted within a large and on-going ARV cohort established as a collaborative project between a South African industrial conglomerate and Johns Hopkins University. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatitis B treatment and HIV Infection in resources limited settingsChloe L Thio; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal has a high likelihood for success given the investigative team's experience, the randomized clinical trial design, and the nesting in an existing study. ..
- Liver Disease and HIV-HBV Coinfection in the HAART eraChloe Thio; Fiscal Year: 2008..Given the experience of the investigative team and the well-characterized cohorts involved, the results from this proposal will yield insights into the management of HIV-HBV co-infected patients. ..
- Electroporation System for Cutaneous Gene TransferRichard Heller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help establish an effective way to deliver naked DNA to the skin. The investigators have pioneered the use of electroporation for in vivo delivery so are well suited to successfully complete the study. ..
- STEM CELLS AND HEPATOCARCINOGENESISStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the cellular origin of cancer is critical for understanding how cancer evolves and for developing prevention strategies. ..
- ELECTROCHEMOTHERAPY FOR TREATING SOFT TISSUE SARCOMASRichard Heller; Fiscal Year: 2002..An important consideration in the treatment of soft tissue sarcoma is to be able to perform limb sparing procedures which maintain functionality. ECT combined with surgery could fill this role. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE HBCAG AS A VACCINE CARRIER PLATFORMDavid Milich; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- STEM CELLS AND AGINGStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments should provide critical proof for one of the most important hypothetical properties of adult stem cells. ..
- Novel model of HCV infection of humanized liver in immunocompetent ratsGeorge Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Development of Cellular Assays of Dengue Virus InfectionPriscilla Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..These inhibitors can be used to study how dengue virus interacts with its host, and they may also be useful in developing therapies for the treatment of dengue virus infections. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AFB1 AND P53 CARCINOGENESIS IN HBSAG TRANSGENIC MICEStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should lead to an understanding of how each of these risk factors affect hepatocyte proliferation and how these effects contribute to AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- THE SINGAPORE COHORT STUDY OF DIET AND CANCERJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- HIV-Hepatitis C Virus Interactions and PathogenesisRaymond T Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will shed considerable light on HIV-HCV pathogenic interactions and offer a means of productively disrupting these interactions. ..
- Persisting Effects of Prenatal Anxiety on Child OutcomesTHOMAS G O CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- DIET, CELL PROLIFERATION AND BREAST CANCER IN SHANGHAIDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2001..Also unlike prior epidemiologic studies of diet and breast cancer, in the proposed investigation the primary end points are various indices of cell proliferation. ..
- International Conference on Hepatitis B VirusesTimothy Block; Fiscal Year: 2005..A theme for the 2005 meeting will be the liver immuno-cell-biology of disease and integration of tools useful in other fields to HBV and HDV. This will be facilitated by the keynote addresses and a special workshop. ..
- IMMUNOGENETIC MECHANISMS OF VACCINE RESPONSEGregory A Poland; Fiscal Year: 2010..The knowledge gained from these studies will enable us to design new strategies and new vaccines to protect human health against viral diseases. ..
- Viral antigen glycosylation--Marker for HBV induced HCC?Timothy Block; Fiscal Year: 2002..Oligosaccharide profiles of hepatitis B surface antigens (HBsAg), purified from patient sera of different clinical populations, will be generated using novel ..
- Induction of HIV-specific Immune ResponsesRajesh T Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2010..By understanding the mechanisms by which immune responses against HIV can be augmented, this may lead to improved ways of treating this disease and may help in developing a vaccine to prevent this infection. ..
- Dietary Factors in the Etiology of Colorectal CancerJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The potential modifying effects of HAA activating genes and tea polyphenols on the HAA-colorectal cancer association will be explored. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular basis for HIV therapy-linked osteopeniaJeffrey Laurence; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- RECURRENT HEPATITIS B AFTER LIVER TRANSPLANTATIONAnna Lok; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DIFFERENTIATION OF BLOOD STEM CELLS INTO LIVER CELLSStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this project is successful, it would overcome a major hurdle in the possible use of hepatic stem cells for treatment of liver failure or ex vivo gene therapy. ..
- TARGETED GENE DELIVERY AND EXPRESSION IN HEPATOCYTESGeorge Wu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Efficacy of long-term inhibition of HBV gene expression and replication, and evidence of selective survival advantage of cells bearing integrated antiviral genes will be determined over the time course, and optimal agents compared. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF HEPATITIS C & E MORBIDITY IN EGYPTGeorge Strickland; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- THE ENDOTHELIAL CELL IN PATHOGENESIS OF TTPJeffrey Laurence; Fiscal Year: 2004..The model presented could also enable exploration of new therapeutic modalities for TTP, based upon modulation of specific apoptotic pathways. ..
- HEPTOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND AFLATOXIN METABOLISMStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2004..the effect Of HBV associated injury and AFB I hepatocarcinogensis in these mice. In Specific Aim 3, the effect of HBV associated injury and AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis in these mice will be examined. ..
- NOVEL ANIMAL MODELS OF HCV-RELATED HEPATOCARCINOGENESISRaymond Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together, these models will help provide insights into the factors responsible for this devastating complication of chronic HCV infection. ..
- Preclinical Testing of Interleukin-7 in PrimatesJan Storek; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will be used for the design of clinical studies. ..
- T CELL RECONSTITUTION AFTER STEM CELL AUTOGRAFTINGJan Storek; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will give impetus for developing strategies to enable older patients to generate T cells from hemopoietic progenitors, e.g., using thymopoietic cytokines or thymus grafting. ..
- Chemical Genetics:Cellular Regulators of HCV (RMI)Raymond Chung; Fiscal Year: 2004..Second, discovery of hit compounds that positively or negatively regulate HCV replication will ultimately help lead to identification of novel cellular targets that can be exploited to further interrupt the viral lifecycle. ..
- Genital Ulcer Disease and HIV TransmissionJeanne Sheffield; Fiscal Year: 2005..The pursuit of these aims will further elucidate the cellular and molecular bases of the interrelationship between GUD and HIV-1 transmission, particularly in women. ..
- Resistance to Antiviral Therapy in Chronic Hepatitis CNorah Terrault; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, the methodologies developed for patient outreach within the context of this collaborative study will serve as a model for enhancing participation of African Americans in clinical research. ..
- An HB Vaccine Model For HIV Vaccine Trials in Drug UsersLu Yu Hwang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Psychological Stress and Immune Response to VaccinationANNA MARSLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..Antibody responses will be measured at the time of the second and third does of vaccine and, during the follow-up period, 6 and 12 months following completion of the vaccination series. ..
- Therapeutic HBV vaccines with glucosidase inhibitorsTimothy Block; Fiscal Year: 2006..The possibility of an antiviral therapy for eAntigen negative HBV carriers makes this approach all the more compelling. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ETIOLOGY OF GROWTH FAILURE IN BILIARY ATRESIABarbara Haber; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study will provide the foundation for a long-term interventional trial. ..
- A Randomized Trial of Vaccine Adherence in Young IDUPaula Lum; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Antiviral agents for Flavivirus infections of bioterrorTimothy Block; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DETERMINANTS OF HEPATITIS C & E MORBIDITY IN EGYPTGeorge Strickland; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MICROFABRICATED MICRONEEDLES FOR DRUG DELIVERYMARK PRAUSNITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., proteins, DNA) over hours to days. ..
- Modulation of HBV Replication by the ImmunoproteasomeMichael Robek; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may provide a better understanding of the host factors that modulate HBV replication and that ultimately determine the outcome of infection. ..