Genomes and Genes
hla b27 antigen
Summary: Human histocompatibility (HLA) surface antigen encoded by the B locus on chromosome 6. It is strongly associated with acute anterior uveitis, ankylosing spondylitis, and REITER DISEASE.
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- The pathogenetic role of HLA-B27 and its subtypesMuhammad Asim Khan
Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Medical Center, Division of Rheumatology, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Autoimmun Rev 6:183-9. 2007....
- Clustered mutations in HIV-1 gag are consistently required for escape from HLA-B27-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocyte responsesA D Kelleher
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 193:375-86. 2001..Outgrowth of CTL escape viruses required high viral loads and additional, possibly compensatory, mutations in the gag protein...
- Superior control of HIV-1 replication by CD8+ T cells is reflected by their avidity, polyfunctionality, and clonal turnoverJorge R Almeida
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, U543, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Avenir Group, 75013 Paris, France
J Exp Med 204:2473-85. 2007..Such attributes are interlinked and constitute the basis for effective control of HIV-1 replication. These data on the features of effective CD8+ T cells in HIV infection may aid in the development of successful T cell vaccines...
- Cell-surface expression and immune receptor recognition of HLA-B27 homodimersSimon Kollnberger
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Arthritis Rheum 46:2972-82. 2002..We undertook this study to ascertain if patients with spondylarthritis express beta(2)-microglobulin-free HLA-B27 heavy chains in the form of homodimers and receptors for HLA-B27 homodimers...
- Escape from the dominant HLA-B27-restricted cytotoxic T-lymphocyte response in Gag is associated with a dramatic reduction in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replicationArne Schneidewind
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Virol 81:12382-93. 2007....
- HLA-B27 modulates intracellular survival of Salmonella enteritidis in human monocytic cellsP Laitio
National Public Health Institute, Turku, Finland
Eur J Immunol 27:1331-8. 1997..This modulation of the host/microbe interaction by HLA-B27 may have an important role in the pathogenesis of ReA...
- HLA-B27 in transgenic rats forms disulfide-linked heavy chain oligomers and multimers that bind to the chaperone BiPTri Minh Tran
Harold C Simmons Arthritis Research Center and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 172:5110-9. 2004..The data support the hypothesis that accumulation of misfolded B27 participates in the pathogenesis of B27-associated disease...
- Psoriatic spondyloarthropathy: a comparative study between HLA-B27 positive and HLA-B27 negative diseaseRuben Queiro
Rheumatology Unit, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles Asturias, Spain
Semin Arthritis Rheum 31:413-8. 2002..To evaluate the relative contribution of the human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-B27 to psoriatic spondyloarthropathy (PsSpA) susceptibility and to analyze whether this antigen contributes to disease expression...
- Crystal structures and KIR3DL1 recognition of three immunodominant viral peptides complexed to HLA-B*2705Guillame B E Stewart-Jones
The Division of Structural Biology, The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 35:341-51. 2005..Substitution of EBV P8 glutamate to threonine allowed recognition by KIR3DL1. In the HLA-B*2705-EBV structure the P8 glutamate side chain is solvent-exposed and may inhibit KIR3DL1 binding through electrostatic forces...
- Beneficial effects of estrogen treatment in the HLA-B27 transgenic rat model of inflammatory bowel diseaseDouglas C Harnish
Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease Research, Wyeth, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G118-25. 2004....
- The immunobiology of HLA-B27: variations on a themeRobert A Colbert
William S Rowe Division of Rheumatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Curr Mol Med 4:21-30. 2004....
- HLA-B27 heavy chain homodimers are expressed in HLA-B27 transgenic rodent models of spondyloarthritis and are ligands for paired Ig-like receptorsSimon Kollnberger
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Immunol 173:1699-710. 2004..The binding of B27(2) to PIR is inhibited by HC10, an mAb that ameliorates arthritis in HLA-B27(+) beta(2)m(-/-) mice. The expression and PIR recognition of B27(2) could explain the pathogenesis of rodent spondyloarthritis...
- Enhanced intracellular replication of Salmonella enteritidis in HLA-B27-expressing human monocytic cells: dependency on glutamic acid at position 45 in the B pocket of HLA-B27Markus A Penttinen
Department of Human Microbial Ecology and Inflammation, National Public Health Institute, Turku, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 50:2255-63. 2004..To reveal the cause of the impaired elimination of Salmonella enteritidis in HLA-B27-transfected human monocytic cells and to study whether the B pocket of HLA-B27 contributes to these modulatory effects...
- Evidence that the p38 MAP kinase pathway is dysregulated in HLA-B27-expressing human monocytic cells: correlation with HLA-B27 misfoldingAnna S Sahlberg
Department of Bacterial and Inflammatory Diseases, National Public Health Institute, Kiinamyllynkatu 13, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 56:2652-62. 2007..To investigate the cause of the enhanced intracellular replication of Salmonella enteritidis in HLA-B27-transfected U937 human monocytic cells and the contribution of HLA-B27 heavy chain (HC) misfolding...
- HLA-B27 misfolding is associated with aberrant intermolecular disulfide bond formation (dimerization) in the endoplasmic reticulumNandita S Dangoria
William S Rowe Division of Rheumatology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 277:23459-68. 2002....
- Acute anterior uveitis and HLA-B27John H Chang
Laboratory of Ocular Immunology, Inflammatory Diseases Research Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney Department of Ophthalmology, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney
Surv Ophthalmol 50:364-88. 2005..Furthermore, to the ophthalmologist and the internist, HLA-B27-associated acute anterior uveitis is also of systemic importance due to its significant association with extraocular inflammatory diseases...
- A viral CTL escape mutation leading to immunoglobulin-like transcript 4-mediated functional inhibition of myelomonocytic cellsMathias Lichterfeld
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard University Center for AIDS Research, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Exp Med 204:2813-24. 2007....
- Age at disease onset and diagnosis delay in HLA-B27 negative vs. positive patients with ankylosing spondylitisErnst Feldtkeller
Ankylosing Spondylitis International Federation, Michaeliburgstrasse 15, 81671 Munich, Germany
Rheumatol Int 23:61-6. 2003..To investigate differences between HLA-B27(-) and HLA-B27(+) patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Lactobacillus GG prevents recurrence of colitis in HLA-B27 transgenic rats after antibiotic treatmentL A Dieleman
Center for Gastrointestinal Biology and Disease and Division of Digestive Diseases, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7038, USA
Gut 52:370-6. 2003....
- CD8 alpha beta T cells are not essential to the pathogenesis of arthritis or colitis in HLA-B27 transgenic ratsEkkehard May
Harold C Simmons Arthritis Research Center and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
J Immunol 170:1099-105. 2003..The data also suggest that one or more populations of CD8alpha(+)beta(-) non-T cells may play a role in the arthritis that occurs in these rats...
- Refolding of HLA-B27 heavy chains in the absence of beta2m yields stable high molecular weight (HMW) protein forms displaying native-like as well as non-native-like conformational features: implications for autoimmune diseaseRohit Sharma
Department of Immunopathology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 160012, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:1258-69. 2007..We also present cell ELISA data with conformation-specific scFv antibodies that distinguish between lymphocytes from individuals who are healthy and B27 positive, and those who are B27 positive but suffering from ankylosing spondylitis...
- Prevalence, clinical relevance and characterization of circulating cytotoxic CD4+CD28- T cells in ankylosing spondylitisChristina Duftner
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Arthritis Res Ther 5:R292-300. 2003..MHC class I recognizing and activating natural killer cell receptors on the surface of CD4+CD28- T cells may be involved in a HLA-B27 mediated co-stimulation of these proinflammatory and cytotoxic cells...
- Identification of pathway-selective estrogen receptor ligands that inhibit NF-kappaB transcriptional activityChristopher C Chadwick
Women s Health Research Institute and Departmens of Chemical and Screening Sciences, Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Road, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2543-8. 2005..Our results indicate the potential utility of pathway-selective ER ligands such as WAY-169916 in the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Spondyloarthropathies in eastern AsiaT E Feltkamp
University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Rheumatol 13:285-90. 2001..In the Chinese population on the mainland and in Taiwan, juvenile SpA is frequently seen. The onset is often a peripheral arthritis or enthesitis...
- High variability of HLA-B27 alleles in ankylosing spondylitis and related spondyloarthropathies in the population of northern SpainSegundo Gonzalez
Functional Biology Department S G, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Hum Immunol 63:673-6. 2002..B*2713 was identified in a healthy control family. B*2713 has not been reported to be represented in either ethnic group. Thus, this population shows higher levels of B27 diversity than other Caucasian groups...
- Ankylosing spondylitis: a beta2m-deposition disease?Barbara Uchanska-Ziegler
Institut für Immungenetik, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Spandauer Damm 130, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Trends Immunol 24:73-6. 2003....
- HLA antigens may influence the age of onset of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritisRuben Queiro
Rheumatology Unit, Internal Medicine Service, Hospital San Agustin, Oviedo Asturias, Spain
J Rheumatol 30:505-7. 2003..To analyze whether HLA antigens may influence the age of onset of both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Update on spondyloarthropathiesMuhammad Asim Khan
Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Medical Center, Division of Rheumatology, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Ann Intern Med 136:896-907. 2002..This paper reviews the efficacy of anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy and other therapeutic advances...
- Identification of a novel HLA-B27 subtype by restriction analysis of a cytotoxic gamma delta T cell cloneP Del Porto
Department of Cellular Biology and Development, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 153:3093-100. 1994..Moreover, the fact that the clone described here possesses a TCR-gamma delta indicates that this subset of cells not only can be HLA-restricted, but also can finely discriminate among classical class I molecules...
- Evaluation of an estrogen receptor-beta agonist in animal models of human diseaseHeather A Harris
Women s Health Research Institute, RN 3256, 500 Arcola Road, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Endocrinology 144:4241-9. 2003..These data suggest that one function of ERbeta may be to modulate the immune response, and that ERbeta-selective ligands may be therapeutically useful agents to treat chronic intestinal and joint inflammation...
- Optimization of the MHC class I peptide cargo is dependent on tapasinAnthony P Williams
MRC Human Immunology Unit, University of Oxford, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
Immunity 16:509-20. 2002..In the presence of tapasin, the tapasin-independent allele B*4405 (116Y) acquires a repertoire of peptides that is less optimal than the tapasin-dependent allele B*4402 (116D)...
- HLA-B27 up-regulation causes accumulation of misfolded heavy chains and correlates with the magnitude of the unfolded protein response in transgenic rats: Implications for the pathogenesis of spondylarthritis-like diseaseMatthew J Turner
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:215-23. 2007..This study was performed to assess the mechanisms that drive activation of the HLA-B27-induced UPR and to determine whether splenocytes respond in a similar manner...
- Prediction of a major clinical response (BASDAI 50) to tumour necrosis factor alpha blockers in ankylosing spondylitisM Rudwaleit
Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 63:665-70. 2004..TNFalpha blockers have been shown to be highly efficacious in patients with active ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Folding of HLA-B27 subtypes is determined by the global effect of polymorphic residues and shows incomplete correspondence to ankylosing spondylitisBegona Galocha
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 58:401-12. 2008..To investigate the maturation and folding of HLA-B27 subtypes and the relationship of these features to ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Development of spontaneous arthritis in beta2-microglobulin-deficient mice without expression of HLA-B27: association with deficiency of endogenous major histocompatibility complex class I expressionD J Kingsbury
Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Arthritis Rheum 43:2290-6. 2000..We sought to determine whether, under certain conditions, beta2m deficiency alone was sufficient to cause SA, and if this might be a result of class I deficiency...
- The structure of HLA-B27 reveals nonamer self-peptides bound in an extended conformationD R Madden
Committee on Higher Degrees in Biophysics, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Nature 353:321-5. 1991..Pockets in the antigen-binding cleft bind four side chains and the amino and carboxyl termini of the peptide...
- The cutting edge of spondylarthropathy research in the millenniumKaisa Granfors
National Public Health Institute, Turku, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 46:606-13. 2002
- Higher prevalence of peripheral arthritis among ankylosing spondylitis patientsJi Hyun Lee
The Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 17:669-73. 2002..JOAS was quite common and AS was about nine times more common in men than in women. In addition, the HLA B27 antigen frequency was 93%, which is higher than those reported in other studies.
- Inflammatory disease in HLA-B27 transgenic ratsJ D Taurog
Harold C Simmons Arthritis Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 8884, USA
Immunol Rev 169:209-23. 1999..Colitis is associated with high interferon-gamma, arthritis with high interleukin-6. Disease is similar in B27 LEW, F344, and PVG rats, but the DA background is protective...
- Implications of structural and thermodynamic studies of HLA-B27 subtypes exhibiting differential association with ankylosing spondylitisAndreas Ziegler
Institut für Immungenetik, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 649:177-95. 2009....
- HLA-B27 and the pathogenesis of spondyloarthritisM Ramos
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa CSIC UAM, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias, Madrid, Spain
Tissue Antigens 60:191-205. 2002....
- HLA-B27-restricted CD8+ T cell response to cartilage-derived self peptides in ankylosing spondylitisPamir Atagunduz
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 52:892-901. 2005..Therefore, we investigated the presence of autoreactive CD8+ T cells specific for cartilage-derived peptides in patients with AS...
- HLA-B27 subtypes differentially associated with disease exhibit conformational differences in solutionHeinz Fabian
Robert Koch Institut, P 25, Nordufer 20, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Biol 376:798-810. 2008....
- Formation of HLA-B27 homodimers and their relationship to assembly kineticsAntony N Antoniou
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:8895-902. 2004..Finally, we report an association between unfolded HLA-B27 molecules and immunoglobulin-binding protein at the cell surface...
- Leukocyte receptor complex-encoded immunomodulatory receptors show differing specificity for alternative HLA-B27 structuresR L Allen
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Immunol 167:5543-7. 2001..Alternative recognition of different forms of HLA-B27 by KIR or ILT could influence their immunomodulatory function and may imply a role in inflammatory disease...
- The recognition of HLA-B27 by human CD4(+) T lymphocytesL H Boyle
University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Department of Medicine, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Immunol 167:2619-24. 2001..We suggest that B27-reactive CD4(+) T cells may be pathogenic in spondyloarthropathies, particularly if factors such as infection influence expression of abnormal forms of B27...
- Differential association of HLA-B*2705 and B*2709 to ankylosing spondylitis correlates with limited peptide subsets but not with altered cell surface stabilityManuel Ramos
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:28749-56. 2002..Our results suggest that weaker association of B*2709 with ankylosing spondylitis is based on differential binding of a limited subset of natural ligands by this allotype...
- HLA-B27-associated reactive arthritis: pathogenetic and clinical considerationsInes Colmegna
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, LSU Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 17:348-69. 2004..Several studies have been done to gain a better understanding of the pathogenesis of ReA; these constitute the basis for a more rational therapeutic approach to this disease...
- Evolution and transmission of stable CTL escape mutations in HIV infectionP J Goulder
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Division of AIDS, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nature 412:334-8. 2001..These data suggest that CTL escape mutations in epitopes associated with suppression of viraemia will accumulate as the epidemic progresses, and therefore have important implications for vaccine design...
- The three-dimensional structure of HLA-B27 at 2.1 A resolution suggests a general mechanism for tight peptide binding to MHCD R Madden
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Cell 70:1035-48. 1992..The concentration of binding interactions at the peptide termini permits extensive sequence (and probably some length) variability in the center of the peptide, where it is exposed for T cell recognition...
- A novel gene variation of TNFalpha associated with ankylosing spondylitis: a reconfirmed studyXiaoquan Zhu
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, China
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1419-22. 2007..One functional single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), -850 C-->T, on the TNFalpha gene promoter region was identified and confirmed to be significantly associated with AS by our recent study...
- A functional polymorphism of the vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor 1 gene correlates with the presence of HLA-B*2705 in SardiniaF Paladini
Department of Cell Biology and Development, Sapienza University of Rome, Roma, Italy
Genes Immun 9:659-67. 2008..Irrespectively, the consequent downregulation of this receptor in the presence of a 'danger' signal might influence susceptibility to AS...
- Non-antigen presenting effects of HLA-B27Markus A Penttinen
National Public Health Institute, Department of Human Microbial Ecology and Inflammation, Turku, Finland
Curr Mol Med 4:41-9. 2004..These findings suggest that HLA-B27 may possess functions, which are unrelated to antigen presentation. In this paper, we summarize these findings and discuss their potential impact in the development of SpA...
- A single residue exchange between two HLA-B27 alleles triggers increased peptide flexibilityEwgeni B Starikov
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Eur Biophys J 33:651-5. 2004..We find increased flexibility of the peptide in the binding groove of subtype B*2709 due to weaker interactions in the F pocket. Possible implications of this flexibility for T cell recognition and signalling are discussed...
- Interaction of HLA-B27 homodimers with KIR3DL1 and KIR3DL2, unlike HLA-B27 heterotrimers, is independent of the sequence of bound peptideSimon Kollnberger
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:1313-22. 2007..By contrast with HLA heterotrimers, B27(2) binding to KIR did not depend on the sequence of the bound peptide. Differences in KIR binding to classical HLA and B27(2) could be involved in the pathogenesis of spondyloarthritis...
- Alteration of antigen-independent immunologic synapse formation between dendritic cells from HLA-B27-transgenic rats and CD4+ T cells: selective impairment of costimulatory molecule engagement by mature HLA-B27Cecile Hacquard-Bouder
Institut Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, CNRS VMR 8104, Paris, INSERM U 567, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 56:1478-89. 2007..To investigate the molecular mechanism responsible for the reduced capacity of dendritic cells (DCs) from HLA-B27-transgenic rats to form conjugates with naive T cells...
- Citrullination-dependent differential presentation of a self-peptide by HLA-B27 subtypesAlessandra Beltrami
Institut für Immungenetik, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Thielallee 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:27189-99. 2008....
- Symptomatic acute reactive arthritis after an outbreak of salmonellaSherry Rohekar
Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 35:1599-602. 2008..Salmonella is a known trigger of reactive arthritis (ReA). We describe the population affected by the Salmonella outbreak in terms of clinical presentation of self-reported arthritic symptoms and HLA-B27 genotyping...
- HLA-B27-associated acute anterior uveitis in the University Referral Centre in North Thailand: clinical presentation and visual prognosisK Pathanapitoon
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, 110 Intawaroros Road, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1448-50. 2006..Although human leucocyte antigen (HLA)-B27-associated ankylosing spondylitis was reported in South East Asia, it is not known whether HLA-B27-associated ocular disease is prevalent in Thailand...
- Identification of previously unrecognized predisposing factors for ankylosing spondylitis from analysis of HLA-B27 extended haplotypes in SardiniaIsabella Cascino
Cell Biology Institute, National Research Council, Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 56:2640-51. 2007..To define the contribution of HLA genes other than HLA-B27 in conferring susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis (AS), through analysis of HLA-B27 haplotypes in Sardinian subjects...
- Clinical features and outcomes of HLA-b27-positive and HLA-B27-negative acute anterior uveitis in a Turkish patient populationSamuray Tuncer
Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, CAPA 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 13:367-73. 2005..To compare the clinical features and outcomes of HLA-B27-positive and HLA-B27-negative acute anterior uveitis (AAU) in a large Turkish patient population...
- HLA-B27 misfolding and spondyloarthropathiesRobert A Colbert
Division of Rheumatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 649:217-34. 2009....
- Human monocytic U937 cells kill Salmonella in vitro by NO-independent mechanismsP Ekman
National Public Health Institute, Department in Turku, Turku, Finland
Infect Immun 67:3670-3. 1999..Both human monocytic transfectants produced NO equally well and killed Salmonella via NO-independent mechanisms...
- HLA-B27-bound peptide repertoires: their nature, origin and pathogenetic relevanceJosé A López de Castro
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Autónoma de Madrid Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Adv Exp Med Biol 649:196-209. 2009..A proper understanding of the relationships between peptide specificity and other molecular and functional features of HLA-B27 should provide the key to unveiling its pathogenetic role in spondyloarthritis...
- Presentation of a self-peptide in two distinct conformations by a disease-associated HLA-B27 subtypeKai W Wucherpfennig
Dept of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 199:151-4. 2004
- Dual, HLA-B27 subtype-dependent conformation of a self-peptideMartin Hülsmeyer
Institut fur Kristallographie, Freie Universitat Berlin, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Exp Med 199:271-81. 2004....
- Spontaneous inflammatory arthritis in HLA-B27 transgenic mice lacking beta 2-microglobulin: a model of human spondyloarthropathiesS D Khare
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic and Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
J Exp Med 182:1153-8. 1995..These results suggest that aberrant assembly, transport, and expression of the HLA-B27 molecule may predispose an individual for development of the disease when exposed to an appropriate environmental trigger...
- Genetic susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitisAnne Marie Sims
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Roosevelt Drive, Headington, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Curr Mol Med 4:13-20. 2004..This review describes methods for genetic investigation of ankylosing spondylitis, and summarises the status of current research in this exciting area...
- The amino acid at position 97 is involved in folding and surface expression of HLA-B27M A Blanco-Gelaz
Department of Immunology, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int Immunol 18:211-20. 2006..Future work must therefore aim to clarify the functional connection between the unfolded protein response pathway in response to the accumulation of HLA-B27 in the ER. This mutant could be useful as a model for the misfolding of HLA-B27...
- Human leucocyte antigen-B27 and ankylosing spondylitisM A Brown
Intern Med J 37:739-40. 2007
- Invasion of Salmonella into human intestinal epithelial cells is modulated by HLA-B27M Saarinen
National Public Health Institute, Department in Turku, Turku, Finland, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:651-7. 2002....
- Concepts and epidemiology of spondyloarthritisJoachim Sieper
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology, Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 20:401-17. 2006..Incidence rates of 0.5-8.2/100 000 population and prevalence rates of 0.2-1.2% have been described for AS, and about double these figures have been reported for SpA...
- Immune escape precedes breakthrough human immunodeficiency virus type 1 viremia and broadening of the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte response in an HLA-B27-positive long-term-nonprogressing childM E Feeney
Partners AIDS Research Center, 5th Floor, 149 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Virol 78:8927-30. 2004..This temporal pattern suggests that CD8 escape can play a causal role in the loss of immune control...
- Peptides: the cornerstone of HLA-B27 biology and pathogenetic role in spondyloarthritisM Marcilla
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Tissue Antigens 71:495-506. 2008..From this perspective, peptide binding emerges as the cornerstone of all other biological properties...
- Allele-dependent similarity between viral and self-peptide presentation by HLA-B27 subtypesMaria Teresa Fiorillo
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Via dei Sardi 70, 00185 Roma, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:2962-71. 2005..Furthermore, the results demonstrate that molecular mimicry between pLMP2 and pVIPR in the HLA-B27 context is an allele-dependent property...
- Pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis: current conceptsJudith A Smith
Section of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine Dr Horst Schmidt kliniken GmbH, Aukammallee 39 65191 Wiesbaden, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 20:571-91. 2006..This chapter will discuss available data and current concepts regarding the pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis...
- Molecular determinants of major histocompatibility complex class I complex stability: shaping antigenic features through short and long range electrostatic interactionsDaniele Narzi
Theoretical and Computational Membrane Biology, Center for Bioinformatics, Universitat des Saarlandes, P O Box 15 11 50, D 66041 Saarbrucken
J Biol Chem 283:23093-103. 2008..The mutual electrostatic interactions of peptide and HLA molecule, including peptide- and subtype-dependent protonation of key residues, modulate complex stability and antigenic features of the respective HLA-B27 subtype...
- Ophthalmic findings and frequency of extraocular manifestations in patients with HLA-B27 uveitis: a study of 175 casesDominique Monnet
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Cochin, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Ophthalmology 111:802-9. 2004..To analyze ocular and extraocular manifestations in patients with HLA-B27-associated uveitis...
- HLA-B27 subtypes differentially associated with disease exhibit subtle structural alterationsMartin Hülsmeyer
Institut für Immungenetik, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Spandauer Damm 130, 14050 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:47844-53. 2002..These changes induce subtle peptide conformational alterations that may be responsible for the immunobiological differences between these HLA-B27 subtypes...
- New insights regarding HLA-B27 diversity in the Asian populationS Garcia-Fernandez
Department of Immunology, Hospital Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Tissue Antigens 58:259-62. 2001..B*2715 was found in two patients with ankylosing spondylitis in Thais. These associations have not previously been reported in either ethnic group...
- Two HLA-B27 alleles differently associated with spondylarthritis, B*2709 and B*2705, display similar intracellular trafficking and oligomer formationBenoit Giquel
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 56:2232-42. 2007....
- Pathogenesis of reactive arthritisJ Sieper
Department of Internal Medicine I, Rheumatology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Curr Rheumatol Rep 3:412-8. 2001..Because antibiotics have failed so far in the treatment of ReA immunomodulatory therapies, based on a better understanding of the pathogenesis, alone or in combination with antibiotics might be an option for the future...
- The interplay between the geographic distribution of HLA-B27 alleles and their role in infectious and autoimmune diseases: a unifying hypothesisAlessandro Mathieu
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, University Clinic, Monserrato Cagliari, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 8:420-5. 2009....
- HLA-B27 typing: evaluation of an allele-specific PCR melting assay and two flow cytometric antigen assaysMichael T Seipp
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 63:10-5. 2005..Testing for HLA-B27 is of diagnostic value because 90% of patients with ankylosing spondylitis have the B27 antigen. Two commonly used HLA-B27 flow cytometric assays are commercially available...
- The interleukin 1 gene cluster contains a major susceptibility locus for ankylosing spondylitisAndrew E Timms
Institute of Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, Botnar Research Centre, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 75:587-95. 2004..In the current study, we describe strong association and transmission of IL-1 family gene cluster single-nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes with AS...
- Identification of novel human aggrecan T cell epitopes in HLA-B27 transgenic mice associated with spondyloarthropathyWolfgang Kuon
Department of Gastroenterology and Rheumatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 173:4859-66. 2004..Our data indicate that HLA-B27-restricted epitopes derived from human aggrecan are involved in the induction of inflammation (tenosynovitis), underlining the importance of HLA-B27 in the pathogenesis of SpA...
- Study of undifferentiated spondyloarthropathy among first-degree relatives of ankylosing spondylitis probandsC T Chou
Division of Allergy Immunology Rheumatology, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, No 201, Sec 2, Shipai Road, Beitou Chiu, Taipei, Taiwan 112
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:662-5. 2005....
- Relationship between disease activity and infection in patients with spondyloarthropathiesA Martinez
Hospital General de Mexico, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Dr Balmis 148, Mexico DF 06726
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1338-40. 2004..To assess the relationship between disease activity and signs and symptoms of infection in Mexican patients with spondyloarthropathies (SpA)...
- HLA-A*2402 and a microsatellite (D6S248) are secondary independent susceptibility markers to ankylosing spondylitis in Basque patientsM D de Juan
Immunology Department, Laboratorio Unificado, Hospital Donosita, San Sebastian, Basque Country, Spain
Hum Immunol 65:175-80. 2004..We found that D6S248-15 allele together with HLA-A*2402 could be B27-independent markers of additional susceptibility gene/s localised in the region telomeric to HLA-A in Basque AS patients...
- Association study of LMP gene polymorphisms in Mexican patients with spondyloarthritisGilberto Vargas-Alarcon
Department of Physiology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Mexico City, Mexico
Hum Immunol 65:1437-42. 2004..05). The data suggest that, besides HLA-B27, LMP2 genotypes are also involved in the genetic susceptibility to develop AS in Mexicans. Furthermore, the age at onset of this disease might also be influenced by genotypes of this gene...
- Rapid screening for HLA-B27 by a TaqMan-PCR assay using sequence-specific primers and a minor groove binder probe, a novel type of TaqMan trade mark probeSylvain Kuzio
Laboratoire d Analyses Médicales Ruffié and Associés, Bordeaux, France
J Immunol Methods 287:179-86. 2004..This single tube PCR method for the detection of HLA-B27 should be particularly suitable for the routine analysis of large numbers of samples in the laboratory...
- [Pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis-mechanisms of disease manifestation and chronicity]E Märker-Hermann
Klinik Innere Medizin IV, Dr Horst Schmidt Kliniken GmbH, Klinikum der Landeshauptstadt Wiesbaden, Aukammallee 39, 65191 Wiesbaden, Germany
Z Rheumatol 63:187-92. 2004..Moreover, such genetic studies could identify genomic regions that determine clinical manifestations and the course of disease...
- Recognition of classical and heavy chain forms of HLA-B27 by leukocyte receptorsRachel L Allen
Department of Pathology, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QP, UK
Curr Mol Med 4:59-65. 2004....
- Investigating the genetic basis for ankylosing spondylitis. Linkage studies with the major histocompatibility complex regionL A Rubin
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 37:1212-20. 1994..g., within or near the major histocompatibility complex [MHC]) represents a disease-causing ankylosing spondylitis (AS) gene, and therefore contributes directly to the pathogenesis of this disorder...
- [Non-infective inflammations of the vertebral spine]K M Peters
Orthopädie und Osteologie, Rhein Sieg Klinik, Nümbrecht, Germany
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 145:R1-19; quiz R20-4. 2007..This review discusses etiology and pathogenesis, epidemiology, clinical features, diagnosis and differential diagnoses of these chronic inflammatory diseases with a special focus on vertebral involvement...
- Performance of referral recommendations in patients with chronic back pain and suspected axial spondyloarthritisHenning Christian Brandt
Rheumatology, Department of Medicine I, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1479-84. 2007..Referral parameters that are easy for doctors in primary care to apply to patients presenting with possible AS could contribute to earlier diagnosis...
- Use of HLA-B27 tetramers to identify low-frequency antigen-specific T cells in Chlamydia-triggered reactive arthritisHeiner Appel
Charite Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department for Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R521-34. 2004..These cells can be expanded ex vivo, suggesting that they are immunologically functional...
- Prevalence of HLA-B27 and subtypes of HLA-B27 associated with ankylosing spondylitis in Galicia, SpainJ L Fernandez-Sueiro
Rheumatology Division, Hospital Juan Canalejo, La Coruna, Galicia, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:465-8. 2004..To assess the prevalence of HLA-B27 and its subtypes in both the normal population and in patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) in Galicia, Northwest Spain...
- HLA-B27 in the Greek Cypriot population: distribution of subtypes in patients with ankylosing spondylitis and other HLA-B27-related diseases. The possible protective role of B*2707Agathi Varnavidou-Nicolaidou
Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Laboratory, Paraskevaidion Surgical and Transplant Center, Nicosia, Cyprus
Hum Immunol 65:1451-4. 2004..The allele B*2707 seems to have a protective role in the population studied because it was found only in the healthy controls...
- [Reactive arthritis]Lilia Chaabouni
Service de Rhumatologie, EPS Charles Nicolle, Tunis, Tunisie
Tunis Med 82:1064-9. 2004..Several current works have underlined the interest of antibiotic therapy in the chlamydial reactive arthritis. Chronic forms can justify the use of anti-rheumatic drugs such as salazopyrine...
- Pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis and reactive arthritisTae Hwan Kim
The Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Curr Opin Rheumatol 17:400-5. 2005..Although the clinical manifestations of ankylosing spondylitis and reactive arthritis may differ, this update discusses the two diseases together and focuses on recent evidence in both...
- Mechanisms of bacterial-induced colitis in HLA-B27 ratsLEVINUS DIELEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..2. Investigate if protective immune responses are mediated by L.GG-specific inhibitory T lymphocytes. ..
- Identification of Genetic and Epigenetic Alterations in SpondyloarthritisTibor T Glant; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- PROFILING AUTOANTIGENS IN UVEITISWei Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..These efforts will advance our understanding of the disease etiology and prognosis, and improve the diagnosis and therapy. ..
- Innate Immunity in Experimental Arthritis of KininogenRobert Colman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HLA-B27 Misfolding an the UPR in SpondyloarthritisThomas A Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work has the potential to drive translational studies in humans, and lead to the development of novel therapies targeting this pathological response. ..
- Studies of HLA Region Genomics in Systemic Sclerosis and Ankylosing SpondyilitisXiaodong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal will fulfill the mission of the FOA to study HLA region genomics in immune-mediated diseases. ..
- ER-localized aminopeptidases in ankylosing spondylitisANDREA NA AMALFITANO; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also apply the understanding of AS pathogenesis to other autoimmune diseases that are linked to MHC class I alleles. ..
- HLA-peptide repertoire in autoimmunityNilabh Shastri; Fiscal Year: 2013..We expect the completion of these aims to provide new insights into changes that occur in the HLA-B27 peptide repertoire in AS as well as provide key tools for future studies of this potentially debilitating disease. ..
- Program Project Grant - Genetics and Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) PathogenesisJOHN DUFFIN REVEILLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- BACTERIAL INDUCED COLITIS IN HLA-B27 RATSLEVINUS DIELEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..This expertise will foster the development of an independent investigator with skills in both clinical and basic science. ..
- Mechanism and role of nuclear entry in HIV-1 replicationMasahiro Yamashita; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of this proposed research will help us understand the mechanism by which HIV-1 exploits the nuclear transport machinery to maximize its propagation. ..
- RNAi manipulations of DC to enhance HIV immunogenicityPremlata Shankar; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 3, we will validate the in vitro findings as well as test the efficacy of our methods to actually confer protection from in vivo HIV challenge in the humanized BLT mouse model transgenic for HLA-A2 and HLA-B27. ..
- Genetic Determinants of Ankylosing Spondylitis SeverityMichael Weisman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Immunity to versican and ankylosing spondylitisYiping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We also intend to identify the role of HLA-B27 in the pathogenesis of the VGI/model using human HLA-B*2705 transgenic animals. ..
- LMP POLYMORPHISMS IN B27-ASSOCIATED JUVENILE ARTHRITISRobert Colbert; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, they will essential to our determining how polymorphic gene products involved at different sites in the class I antigen processing pathway might interact to predispose certain individuals to JRA. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITISJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 1992..The identification and characterization of this "second AS gene" would not only allow subsequent analyses evaluating the product of this gene, but also give important clues as to the very genetic predisposition to AS...
- CLASS I MHC GENES EXPRESSED BY HUMAN TROPHOBLAST CELLSJOAN HUNT; Fiscal Year: 1999..We expect the results of this research to shed considerable light on crucial issues of HLA-related fertility and reproduction. ..
- ROLE OF HLA-B27 AND SHIGELLA ANTIGENS IN DISEASEJohn Shively; Fiscal Year: 1980..The specificity and nature of this abnormal response will be further delineated by inhibition with antisera specific for bacterial and HLA antigens produced in this laboratory. ..
- ENDOTOXIN INDUCED UVEITISJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2000..When taken together, the specific aims are designed to help clarify the pathogenesis of the anterior uveitis. ..
- CONFERENCE ON HLA-B27 RELATED DISORDERSPeter Lipsky; Fiscal Year: 1991..This will be the first international symposium devoted to the topic that will bring together investigators from every discipline germane to understanding the pathogenesis of the spondyloarthropathies...
- LSITChella David; Fiscal Year: 2001..In the final aim of this proposal, they will determine whether collagen is a target in the pathogenesis of the disease. These studies, they expect, will open up new insights into the immunogenetics of human spondyloarthropathy. ..
- HLA-B27 Misfolding in Spondyloarthropathy PathogenesisRobert Colbert; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Propeptide Mediation of Immunoproteasome AssemblyThomas Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Workshop on the Role of HLA-B27 in SpondyloarthritisJOEL TAUROG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Accomplishing this goal is expected to lead to improved means of prevention and treatment of this important and common group of rheumatic diseases. ..
- FAMILY STUDIES OF THE GENETICS OF ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITISJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Spondyloarthritis 2006; The Unmet NeedsJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HLA-B27 and Experimental SpondyloarthropathyJOEL TAUROG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Overall, the project should contribute substantially to resolving several important issues about the role of HLA-B27 and innate immunity in chronic inflammatory disease. ..
- Role of T Cells in Experimental SpondyloarthropathyJOEL TAUROG; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments will examine directly the effect of Tap2a on the B27 peptide repertoire and on disease manifestations. ..
- BASIC AND CLINICAL RHEUMATOLOGYJOEL TAUROG; Fiscal Year: 2005..Simmons Arthritis Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF MHC LINKED SUSCEPTIBILITYKai Wucherpfennig; Fiscal Year: 2001..The author hopes to reconstruct a system in which T cell clones induce production of desmoglein 3 autoantibodies. A number of cytokines will be explored in this system. ..
- Arenavirus Receptor-Structure/Function StudiesMichael B Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings have relevance for biodefense of several viruses including LFV. ..
- FOUR DIMENSIONAL IMAGING OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSE IN VIVOJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should result in a fundamental improvement in the understanding of how T cells behave within a site of inflammation. ..
- Therapeutics to Prevent/Treat Lassa Fever VirusMichael B Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2010..We anticipate making a significant contribution to drug development to treat these BSL-4 agents. ..
- VIRUSES AND AUTOIMMUNE DISEASEMichael Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2001..The second order of business is to determine the role of "self" (islet-cell) antigens other than the initial triggering viral antigen in the pathogenetic process leading to and determine their role in IDDM. ..
- Endotoxin-induced Uveitis RevisitedJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Future studies can buil d on these observations to test anti-inflammtory molecules induced by endotoxin as these molecules are potentially useful in the treatment of uveitis and other inflammations. ..
- A Genetic Model of UveitisTAMMY MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both transgenic mice and transgenic mice crossed with NOD2 knock-out mice will be studied. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SPECIFICITY AND DEGENERACY OF AUTOREACTIVE T CELL RECEPTKai Wucherpfennig; Fiscal Year: 2002..Analysis of the structural requirements for peptide binding and TCR recognition may have important implications for understanding the pathogenesis of MS and for designing peptide-based therapies. ..
- TCR Crossreactivity in Autoimmune DiseasesKai Wucherpfennig; Fiscal Year: 2009..Definition of the structural and functional basis of TCR crossreactivity has important implications for understanding the pathogenesis of MS and other chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Pathogenesis Studies in Scrapie (TSE Diseases)Michael Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2003..This model should be useful to study pathophysiology of CWD as well as probing CWD strain differences. ..
- Anterior Uveal Dendritic CellsJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will clarify the function of the immune system within the eye and may suggest novel therapeutic approaches in the treatment of uveitis. ..
- Viruses and DiabetesMichael Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Immune Control of HIV in ChildrenMargaret Feeney; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research will be conducted under the guidance of leading investigators in the field of HIV immunopathogenesis in adults. ..
- Role of Retinal Microvasculature in Posterior UveitisJustine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..The studies should also have implications for unrelated diseases affecting the retinal circulation, as well as tissue-specific inflammations and infections at other body sites. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Non-Invasive Approaches to Assessing Inflammation (RMI)RYAN SARTOR; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project will create a new program involving investigators who have not previously worked together, while building on institutional strengths and programmatic initiatives. ..
- MEASLES VIRUS STUDIES IN A TRANSGENIC MODELMichael Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Proteomics of HIV-1-Specific CD8+ T cellsXu Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, our investigations will be relevant for defining key signaling networks of HI V-1-specific CD8+ T cells associated with protective immunity against HIV-1. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STUDIES OF A NEW MYELIN GENE THAT CAUSES CNS DISEASEMichael Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2001..Their studies in rodents combined with those of their collaborator, Dr. Martin, should begin to characterize the role played by MONP in neurologic disease. ..
- Mechanisms of Antigen Presentation by MHC class IIKai Wucherpfennig; Fiscal Year: 2008..T cell experiments will assess whether small molecule accelerators of DM prevent presentation of this self peptide to CD4 T cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aging Disease--Prion/Transgenic/Immunologic StudiesMichael Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lastly, Jose Criado will continue his electrophysiology and behavioral studies on the normal function of PrP and on its aberrations during TSE disease. ..
- CHEMOTACTIC FACTORS IN ANIMAL MODELS OF UVEITISJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..We believe that these aims are novel, innovative, especially suited to the skills and achievements demonstrated by our laboratory, and highly relevant to clarifying the pathogenesis of anterior uveitis. ..
- UVEITIS GENE-EXPRESSION PROFILINGJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..The creation of a gene expression data base for patients with uveitis has the potential to clarify the pathogenesis of disease, establish new diagnostic tools, and provide a means for predicting prognosis. ..
- IMMUNOLOGY/MOLECULAR BIOLOGY TRAINING IN OPHTHALMOLOGYJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..The quality of the institution, the talents of the specific faculty, the abilities of the applicant pool, and the proven success of the program areadditional strengths of this application. ..
- Analysis of Genetic Susceptibility to Anterior UveitisTAMMY MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3: To identify specific candidate gene mutations by using SNP marker analysis, by comparative DNA sequencing and by denaturing HPLC analysis. ..