Genomes and Genes
vascular cell adhesion molecule 1
Summary: Cytokine-induced cell adhesion molecule present on activated endothelial cells, tissue macrophages, dendritic cells, bone marrow fibroblasts, myoblasts, and myotubes. It is important for the recruitment of leukocytes to sites of inflammation. (From Pigott & Power, The Adhesion Molecule FactsBook, 1993, p154)
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- MicroRNA-126 regulates endothelial expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1Tamia A Harris
Cellular and Molecular Medicine Program and Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1516-21. 2008..adhesion molecules, but cytokines activate endothelial cells to express adhesion molecules such as vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1), which mediate leukocyte adherence to endothelial cells...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1), vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1), and E-selectin through nuclear factor-kappa B activation in endothelial cellsI Kim
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Cardiac Regeneration, and the Department of Urology, Chonbuk National University School of Medicine, Chonju, 560-180, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 276:7614-20. 2001..the mechanisms underlying VEGF-stimulated expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1), vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1), and E-selectin in human umbilical vein endothelial cells...
- Postprandial endothelial activation in healthy subjects and in type 2 diabetic patients: role of fat and carbohydrate mealsFrancesco Nappo
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1145-50. 2002..To compare the effect of a high-fat meal and a high-carbohydrate meal (pizza), with and without antioxidant vitamins, on endothelial activation in healthy subjects and in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- High affinity interaction of integrin alpha4beta1 (VLA-4) and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) enhances migration of human melanoma cells across activated endothelial cell layersMartin Klemke
Institute for Immunology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Physiol 212:368-74. 2007..These data imply that only high affinity interactions between the integrin alpha4beta1 on melanoma cells and VCAM-1 on activated endothelial cells may enhance the metastatic capacity of human beta2/beta3-negative melanoma cells...
- Differential utilization of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 during the adhesion and transendothelial migration of human T lymphocytesN Oppenheimer Marks
Harold C Simmons Arthritis Research Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern, Medical Center, Dallas 75235
J Immunol 147:2913-21. 1991..Moreover, ICAM-1 but not VCAM-1 plays a role in transendothelial migration, regardless of the receptor-counter-receptor pairs used for initial binding...
- Effect of postprandial hypertriglyceridemia and hyperglycemia on circulating adhesion molecules and oxidative stress generation and the possible role of simvastatin treatmentAntoniom Ceriello
Department of Pathology and Medicine, Experimental and Clinical, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Diabetes 53:701-10. 2004..Simvastatin shows a beneficial effect on oxidative stress and the plasma levels of adhesion molecules, which may be ascribed to a direct effect in addition to the lipid-lowering action of the drug...
- Lack of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase-1 accelerates atherosclerosis in diabetic apolipoprotein E-deficient micePaul Lewis
Oxidative Stress Group, JDRF Diabetes and Metabolism Division, Baker Heart Research Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Rd Central, Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia
Circulation 115:2178-87. 2007..We induced diabetes in mice deficient for both GPx1 and apolipoprotein E (ApoE) to determine whether this is merely an association or whether GPx1 has a direct effect on diabetes-associated atherosclerosis...
- VCAM-1 on activated endothelium interacts with the leukocyte integrin VLA-4 at a site distinct from the VLA-4/fibronectin binding siteM J Elices
Division of Tumor Virology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 60:577-84. 1990..The VCAM-1/VLA-4 ligand-receptor pair may play a major role in the recruitment of mononuclear leukocytes to inflammatory sites in vivo...
- Defective development of the embryonic and extraembryonic circulatory systems in vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM-1) deficient miceL Kwee
Department of Biotechnology, Roche Research Center, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110 1199, USA
Development 121:489-503. 1995..These data suggest important roles for VCAM-1 and alpha 4 in the development of the placenta and the heart...
- Targeted disruption of the murine VCAM1 gene: essential role of VCAM-1 in chorioallantoic fusion and placentationG C Gurtner
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Genes Dev 9:1-14. 1995..They became viable and fertile adult mice with lack of VCAM-1 expression, normal organs, and an elevated number of circulating blood mononuclear leukocytes...
- Deletion of alpha4 integrins from adult hematopoietic cells reveals roles in homeostasis, regeneration, and homingLinda M Scott
Division of Hematology, University of Washington, 1705 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195 7710, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:9349-60. 2003....
- Selective inhibition of cotranslational translocation of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1Jürgen Besemer
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Brunner Strasse 59, A 1235 Vienna, Austria
Nature 436:290-3. 2005Increased expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM1) is associated with a variety of chronic inflammatory conditions, making its expression and function a target for therapeutic intervention...
- Soluble adhesion molecule profile in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsiaT Chaiworapongsa
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 12:19-27. 2002..suggest leukocyte activation; and an increase in soluble forms of E-selectin (sE-selectin), vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1), intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (sICAM-1) and platelet endothelial cell adhesion ..
- The parting of the endothelium: miracle, or simply a junctional affair?C Johnson-Leger
Department of Pathology, Centre Medical Universitaire, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 113:921-33. 2000..Passage of the leukocyte across the endothelium appears to require delocalization of certain endothelial cell molecules and proteolytic degradation of junctional complexes...
- PPARalpha and PPARdelta activators inhibit cytokine-induced nuclear translocation of NF-kappaB and expression of VCAM-1 in EAhy926 endothelial cellsYves Rival
Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, 17 avenue Jean Moulin, 81106 Cedex, Castres, France
Eur J Pharmacol 435:143-51. 2002..These results show that EAhy926 endothelial cells are an adequate tool to substantiate and characterize inflammatory impacts of PPAR activators...
- CD105 prevents apoptosis in hypoxic endothelial cellsChenggang Li
Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Manchester and Christie Hospital, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 116:2677-85. 2003..We conclude that hypoxia is a potent stimulus for CD105 gene expression in vascular endothelial cells, which in turn attenuates cell apoptosis and thus contributes to angiogenesis...
- Heterogeneity of Flt3-expressing multipotent progenitors in mouse bone marrowAnne Y Lai
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 175:5016-23. 2005..These results establish a hierarchy of developmental relationship between MPP subsets and lymphoid and myeloid progenitors. In addition, VCAM-1(+) MPPs may represent the branching point between the lymphoid and myeloid lineages...
- Estimation of angiogenesis with anti-CD105 immunostaining in the process of colorectal cancer developmentKazunari Akagi
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Surgery 131:S109-13. 2002..We hypothesized that microvessel quantification by means of CD105 might be useful for measuring angiogenesis in the colorectal adenoma-carcinoma sequence...
- Very late activation antigen 4-vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 interaction is involved in the formation of erythroblastic islandsY Sadahira
Department of Pathology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
J Exp Med 181:411-5. 1995..of erythroblastic islands isolated from the spleens of phlebotomized mice were clearly stained for vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1)...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, intercellular adhesion molecule 1, and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 in exudative age-related macular degenerationJost B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty Mannheim of the Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 128:1281-6. 2010..chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1), soluble intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (sICAM-1), soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in eyes with exudative age-related macular ..
- Serum concentrations of soluble adhesion molecules are related to degree of hyperglycemia and insulin resistance in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusKazunari Matsumoto
Department of Diabetes and Metabolism, Sasebo Chuo Hospital, 15 Yamato cho, Sasebo, Nagasaki 857 1195, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 55:131-8. 2002..Soluble E-selectin levels may be related to obesity, hyperglycemia, and insulin resistance and may reflect the presence of a multiple risk factor clustering syndrome...
- Endoglin regulates cytoskeletal organization through binding to ZRP-1, a member of the Lim family of proteinsFrancisco Sanz-Rodriguez
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CSIC, Ramiro de Maetzu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:32858-68. 2004..These results suggest a regulatory role for endoglin, via its interaction with ZRP-1, in the actin cytoskeletal organization...
- Surface expression of alpha 4 integrin by CD4 T cells is required for their entry into brain parenchymaJ L Baron
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
J Exp Med 177:57-68. 1993..expression of alpha 4 integrin and in their ability to bind to endothelial cells and recombinant vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1)...
- A major role for VCAM-1, but not ICAM-1, in early atherosclerosisM I Cybulsky
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto General Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 107:1255-62. 2001..Therefore, although expression of both VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 is upregulated in atherosclerotic lesions, our data indicate that VCAM-1 plays a dominant role in the initiation of atherosclerosis...
- Cell adhesion events mediated by alpha 4 integrins are essential in placental and cardiac developmentJ T Yang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Development 121:549-60. 1995..cell-extracellular matrix (ECM) and cell-cell adhesions by interacting with fibronectin (FN) and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1), respectively...
- Endoglin controls cell migration and composition of focal adhesions: function of the cytosolic domainBarbara A Conley
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 279:27440-9. 2004..These results suggest a novel mechanism of endoglin function involving its interaction with LIM domain-containing proteins, and associated adapter proteins, affecting sites of focal adhesion...
- Endoglin promotes endothelial cell proliferation and TGF-beta/ALK1 signal transductionFranck Lebrin
Division of Cellular Biochemistry, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO J 23:4018-28. 2004..Our results indicate a pivotal role for endoglin in the balance of ALK1 and ALK5 signalling to regulate endothelial cell proliferation...
- The development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in the mouse requires alpha4-integrin but not alpha4beta7-integrinB Engelhardt
Max Planck Institut fur Physiologische und Klinische Forschung, W G Kerckhoff Institut, Bad Nauheim, Germany
J Clin Invest 102:2096-105. 1998..Furthermore, our in vitro studies suggest that the therapeutic effect of anti-alpha4-treatment of EAE might also be caused by inhibition of antigen-specific T cell proliferation...
- MCP-1 and IL-8 trigger firm adhesion of monocytes to vascular endothelium under flow conditionsR E Gerszten
The Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Nature 398:718-23. 1999..Moreover, our finding that IL-8 is a powerful trigger for firm adhesion of monocytes to vascular endothelium reveals an unexpected role for this chemokine in monocyte recruitment...
- Magnolol attenuates VCAM-1 expression in vitro in TNF-alpha-treated human aortic endothelial cells and in vivo in the aorta of cholesterol-fed rabbitsYung Hsiang Chen
Institute of Traditional Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 135:37-47. 2002..These results suggest that magnolol has anti-inflammatory properties and may play important roles in the prevention of atherosclerosis and inflammatory responses in vivo...
- alphadbeta2 integrin is expressed on human eosinophils and functions as an alternative ligand for vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1)M H Grayson
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Exp Med 188:2187-91. 1998..as alphadbeta2-transfected Chinese hamster ovary cells, alphadbeta2 can function as a ligand for vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1)...
- Chemokine-induced monocyte transmigration requires cdc42-mediated cytoskeletal changesK S Weber
Institut für Prophylaxe der Kreislaufkrankheiten, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Immunol 28:2245-51. 1998..These data identify CC chemokines as physiological agonists of cdc42 and reveal its functional importance in chemotaxis and extravasation of monocytes...
- Circulating E-selectin, vascular cell adhesion molecule-1, and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in men with coronary artery disease assessed by angiography and disturbances of carbohydrate metabolismIrina Kowalska
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology, and Internal Medicine, Medical Academy in Białystok, Poland
Metabolism 51:733-6. 2002..27, P =.025). This would suggest that hyperglycemia increases sE-selectin and sVCAM-1 in plasma, which reflects excessive formation of atherosclerotic plaques in patients with disturbances of glucose metabolism...
- Systemic endothelial activation occurs in both mild and severe malaria. Correlating dermal microvascular endothelial cell phenotype and soluble cell adhesion molecules with disease severityG D Turner
University Department of Cellular Science, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 152:1477-87. 1998..The levels of sCAMs in malaria are thus not an accurate reflection of endothelial cell expression of CAMs in a particular vascular bed, and other factors must influence their levels during disease...
- A transmigratory cup in leukocyte diapedesis both through individual vascular endothelial cells and between themChristopher V Carman
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 167:377-88. 2004..These findings suggest a novel mechanism, the "transmigratory cup", by which the endothelium provides directional guidance to leukocytes for extravasation...
- Dyslipidemia, but not hyperglycemia, induces inflammatory adhesion molecules in human retinal vascular endothelial cellsWeiqin Chen
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:5016-22. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of fatty acids and hyperglycemia on human retinal vascular endothelial (hRVE) cells as a means of mimicking diabetic metabolic disorders...
- Clinical significance of serum vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 levels in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaJoanna W Ho
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2014-8. 2004..To evaluate the correlation between serum vascular cellular adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) levels and clinicopathological features in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- L5, the most electronegative subfraction of plasma LDL, induces endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 and CXC chemokines, which mediate mononuclear leukocyte adhesionYasunori Abe
Section of Atherosclerosis and Lipoprotein Research, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, A679B, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Atherosclerosis 192:56-66. 2007....
- Chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha modulates VLA-4 integrin-dependent adhesion to fibronectin and VCAM-1 on bone marrow hematopoietic progenitor cellsA Hidalgo
, Department of Immunology, Madrid, Spain
Exp Hematol 29:345-55. 2001..Modulation of VLA-4-mediated CD34(hi) BM cell adhesion by SDF-1alpha could play a key role in their migration within and to the BM and therefore influence their proliferation and differentiation...
- Why is soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 related to cardiovascular mortality?A Becker
Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Invest 32:1-8. 2002..Classical cardiovascular risk factors (sub)clinical atherosclerosis, endothelial dysfunction and inflammation do not explain this excess risk...
- Calcium mobilization and Rac1 activation are required for VCAM-1 (vascular cell adhesion molecule-1) stimulation of NADPH oxidase activityJoan M Cook-Mills
Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Biochem J 378:539-47. 2004..Thus VCAM-1 stimulates the mobilization of intracellular and extracellular calcium and Rac1 activity that are required for the activation of NADPH oxidase...
- Alpha 4 beta 1 integrin-dependent cell adhesion is regulated by a low affinity receptor pool that is conformationally responsive to ligandT A Yednock
Athena Neurosciences, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 270:28740-50. 1995..These studies provide insight into how cells maintain different constitutive levels of alpha 4 beta 1 integrin activity, and how the activity of beta 1 integrin can be modulated by activators of cell adhesion...
- VCAM-1 upregulation via PKCdelta-p38 kinase-linked cascade mediates the TNF-alpha-induced leukocyte adhesion and emigration in the lung airway epitheliumChang Hoon Woo
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, 5 1 Anam dong, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul, 136 701, Korea
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L307-16. 2005....
- Over-expression of endoglin (CD105): a marker of breast carcinoma-induced neo-vascularizationB Bodey
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Anticancer Res 18:3621-8. 1998..Further studies should substantiate the importance of EDG expression in the earliest possible detection, diagnosis and NRA inhibition-based treatment of solid tumors, including BCs...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression in murine lupus nephritisR P Wuthrich
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham
Kidney Int 42:903-14. 1992..Thus, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 function as renal parenchymal adhesion molecules and mediate the adherence of pathogenic inflammatory cells in murine lupus nephritis...
- Uremic medium causes expression, redistribution and shedding of adhesion molecules in cultured endothelial cellsMireia Serradell
Servicio de Hemoterapia Hemostasia, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 87:1053-61. 2002....
- Interchangeable alpha chain cytoplasmic domains play a positive role in control of cell adhesion mediated by VLA-4, a beta 1 integrinP D Kassner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Exp Med 178:649-60. 1993..4, VLA-4 heterodimer was obtained that mediated (a) poor adhesion to CS1 peptide, fibronectin, or vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) (in K562 cells); (b) poor adhesion to CS1 peptide but moderate adhesion to VCAM-1 (in ..
- IL-4 induces adherence of human eosinophils and basophils but not neutrophils to endothelium. Association with expression of VCAM-1R P Schleimer
Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224
J Immunol 148:1086-92. 1992..It is proposed that local release of IL-4 in vivo in allergic diseases or after experimental allergen challenge may partly explain the enrichment of eosinophils and basophils (vs neutrophils) observed in these situations...
- Toll-like receptor 4 mediates inflammatory signaling by bacterial lipopolysaccharide in human hepatic stellate cellsYong Han Paik
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Hepatology 37:1043-55. 2003..In conclusion, human activated HSCs utilize components of TLR4 signal transduction cascade to stimulate NF-kappaB and JNK and up-regulate chemokines and adhesion molecules. Thus, HSCs are a potential mediator of LPS-induced liver injury...
- Evidence for involvement of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 in lymphocyte interaction with endothelium in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in the central nervous system in the SJL/J mouseB J Steffen
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California
Am J Pathol 145:189-201. 1994..These results are consistent with an important role for the vascular adhesion molecules VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 and for their lymphocytes receptors in lymphocyte recruitment to the central nervous system...
- Over expression of endoglin in human prostate cancer suppresses cell detachment, migration and invasionYuequin Liu
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School and the Robert H Lurie Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Olson 8524, 710 N Fairbanks, Chicago, Illinois, IL 60611, USA
Oncogene 21:8272-81. 2002..Endoglin is identified as a regulator of cell adhesion, motility and invasion in human prostate. Loss of endoglin expression appears to be associated with prostate cancer progression, at least in vitro...
- Prevention of a chronic progressive form of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by an antibody against mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule-1, given early in the course of disease progressionJ R Kanwar
Department of Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine and Health Science, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Immunol Cell Biol 78:641-5. 2000..Critically, antivascular addressin therapy must be given early in the course of disease prior to the establishment of irreversible damage if it is to be effective, as a single treatment modality...
- Effect of high glucose concentrations on expression of ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 in HUVEC with and without cytokine activationT S Altannavch
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 53:77-82. 2004..These results show that even a short-term exposure of endothelial cells (ECs) to high glucose concentration leads to their activation associated with increased expression of adhesion molecules such as ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1...
- Involvement of MAPKs and NF-kappaB in tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 expression in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblastsShue Fen Luo
Chang Gung University, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Arthritis Rheum 62:105-16. 2010To investigate the roles of MAPKs and NF-kappaB in tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)-induced expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts (RASFs).
- Alpha4beta1-dependent adhesion strengthening under mechanical strain is regulated by paxillin association with the alpha4-cytoplasmic domainRonen Alon
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Cell Biol 171:1073-84. 2005....
- Tocotrienols reduce 25-hydroxycholesterol-induced monocyte-endothelial cell interaction by inhibiting the surface expression of adhesion moleculesYuji Naito
Department of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Atherosclerosis 180:19-25. 2005..These superior inhibitory effects of tocotrienols may be dependent on their intracellular accumulation...
- Role of integrin alpha 4 beta 7/alpha 4 beta P in lymphocyte adherence to fibronectin and VCAM-1 and in homotypic cell clusteringC Ruegg
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143
J Cell Biol 117:179-89. 1992....
- Biomarkers of endothelial dysfunction and risk of type 2 diabetes mellitusJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
JAMA 291:1978-86. 2004..Endothelial dysfunction occurs in diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus but may also precede development of diabetes...
- Angiogenesis in breast cancer: the role of transforming growth factor beta and CD105C Li
Department of Pathological Sciences, Medical School, The University of Manchester, M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Microsc Res Tech 52:437-49. 2001..The administration of an immunotoxin-conjugate, mab to CD105, induces long-term and complete regression of breast cancer growth in SCID mice. Therefore, CD105 is a promising vascular target for antiangiogenic therapy...
- Adhesion of monocytes to arterial endothelium and initiation of atherosclerosis are critically dependent on vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 gene dosageH M Dansky
Rockefeller University, New York, NY, and the Toronto General Research Institute M I C, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1662-7. 2001..Our data demonstrate that VCAM-1 plays a pivotal role in the initiation of atherosclerosis in Apoe(-/-) mice...
- Vitamin E supplementation suppresses macrophage accumulation and endothelial cell expression of adhesion molecules in the aorta of hypercholesterolemic rabbitsTakuro Koga
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, 711 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Atherosclerosis 176:265-72. 2004....
- Chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha modulates VLA-4 integrin-mediated multiple myeloma cell adhesion to CS-1/fibronectin and VCAM-1F Sanz-Rodriguez
Department of Immunology, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Madrid, Spain
Blood 97:346-51. 2001..Modulation of VLA-4-dependent myeloma cell adhesion by SDF-1alpha could contribute to the trafficking and localization of these cells in the BM microenvironment...
- Plasma concentration of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and subsequent cardiovascular riskJ A de Lemos
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:423-6. 2000..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sVCAM-1) is a marker for increased cardiovascular risk...
- Conditional vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 deletion in mice: impaired lymphocyte migration to bone marrowP A Koni
Molecular Immunology Program, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15 St, Room CA2007, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Exp Med 193:741-54. 2001..Thus, we report an until now unappreciated dominant role for VCAM-1 in lymphocyte homing to BM...
- Essential role of IL-7 receptor alpha in the formation of Peyer's patch anlageS Adachi
Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Int Immunol 10:1-6. 1998..These results indicate that IL-7Ralpha is an essential signal for an early step of PP anlage formation, without which the subsequent processes cannot be initiated...
- Roles for the integrin VLA-4 and its counter receptor VCAM-1 in myogenesisG D Rosen
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Cell 69:1107-19. 1992..In support of the latter possibility, antibodies to VLA-4 or VCAM-1 inhibit myotube formation in culture...
- Adhesion to vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 and fibronectin. Comparison of alpha 4 beta 1 (VLA-4) and alpha 4 beta 7 on the human B cell line JYB M Chan
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 267:8366-70. 1992..These alpha 4 beta 7-positive JY cells bound poorly or not at all to VLA-4 ligands (soluble form of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1) and the CS1 region of fibronectin)...
- Circulating adhesion molecules in patients with virus-related chronic diseases of the liverCosimo Marcello Bruno
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, University of Catania, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 11:4566-9. 2005..Aim of our study was to investigate soluble forms of these molecules in patients with virus-related chronic liver diseases, to assess their behavior in different pathologies and correlation with severity of liver damage...
- Use of arsenic trioxide as an antivascular and thermosensitizing agent in solid tumorsR J Griffin
Department of Therapeutic Radiology Radiation Oncology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Neoplasia 2:555-60. 2000..It is concluded that ATO is potentially useful to enhance the effect of hyperthermia on tumors at a clinically relevant temperature...
- Exogenous nitric oxide inhibits VCAM-1 expression in human peritoneal mesothelial cells. Role of cyclic GMP and NF-kappaBSang Koo Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Nephron 90:447-54. 2002..These results suggest that exogenous NO inhibits VCAM-1 expression via suppression of NF-kappaB through a cGMP-independent pathway...
- Stimulated shedding of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) is mediated by tumor necrosis factor-alpha-converting enzyme (ADAM 17)Kyle J Garton
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104 2499, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37459-64. 2003..In this report we demonstrate that under normal culture conditions, cells expressing vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) release a soluble form of the extracellular domain that is generated by metalloproteinase-..
- Association of serum endoglin with metastasis in patients with colorectal, breast, and other solid tumors, and suppressive effect of chemotherapy on the serum endoglinN Takahashi
Department of Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:524-32. 2001..The results suggest that serum EDG may be a useful marker for monitoring early signs of metastasis and cancer relapse in a long-term follow-up of solid tumor patients...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 as a predictor of severe osteoarthritis of the hip and knee jointsGeorg Schett
Department of Internal Medicine III, Institute for Clinical Immunology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 60:2381-9. 2009..Osteoarthritis (OA) is a leading cause of pain and physical disability in middle-aged and older individuals. We undertook this study to determine predictors of the development of severe OA, apart from age and overweight...
- Airway recruitment of leukocytes in mice is dependent on alpha4-integrins and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1J E Chin
Cell Biology and Inflammation Research and Drug Development Toxicology, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001, USA
Am J Physiol 272:L219-29. 1997..The data suggest that these adhesion molecules may be suitable targets for therapeutic intervention in certain conditions of pulmonary inflammation...
- B-cell activation by membrane-bound antigens is facilitated by the interaction of VLA-4 with VCAM-1Yolanda R Carrasco
Lymphocyte Interaction Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, London, UK
EMBO J 25:889-99. 2006..These results show that the VLA-4/VCAM-1 interaction during membrane antigen recognition enhances B-cell activation and this function appears to be independent of its final peripheral localization at the IS...
- Inhibition of TNF-alpha induced ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and E-selectin expression by seleniumFan Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Atherosclerosis 161:381-6. 2002..In conclusion, these data indicate selenium can modulate cytokine-induced expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and E-selectin in HUVECs without interfering with translocation of NF-kappa B...
- Lymphocyte migration to inflamed lacrimal glands is mediated by vascular cell adhesion molecule-1/alpha(4)beta(1) integrin, peripheral node addressin/l-selectin, and lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 adhesion pathwaysA Mikulowska Mennis
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Am J Pathol 159:671-81. 2001..These adhesion molecules offer potential therapeutic targets to block the development of lacrimal gland inflammation and destruction...
- Long-term exposure to high glucose up-regulates VCAM-induced endothelial cell adhesiveness to PBMCC Esposito
Unit of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Kidney Int 59:1842-9. 2001..We compared short- and long-term effects of elevated glucose on macrovascular and microvascular endothelial cells...
- ACE inhibition lowers angiotensin-II-induced monocyte adhesion to HUVEC by reduction of p65 translocation and AT 1 expressionOliver Soehnlein
Medical Clinic II, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Vasc Res 42:399-407. 2005..Thus, modulation of the local AngII system by ramiprilat may at least in part contribute to the benefits of ACE inhibition in the treatment of atherosclerotic diseases...
- Soluble form of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 induces migration and proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cellsHwan Myung Lee
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, Konkuk University, Chungju, South Korea
J Vasc Res 45:259-68. 2008Serum levels of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1) shed from its membrane-bound form are elevated in hypertension...
- Involvement of very late activation antigen 4 (VLA-4) and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) in tumor necrosis factor alpha enhancement of experimental metastasisH Okahara
First Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 54:3233-6. 1994..Immunoperoxidase staining demonstrated that a ligand for VLA-4, vascular cell adhesion molecule 1, was expressed on lung vascular endothelium 4 h after administration of TNF-alpha...
- High serum concentrations of soluble E-selectin correlate with obesity but not fat distribution in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusKazunari Matsumoto
Department of Diabetes and Metabolism, Sasebo Chuo Hospital, Nagasaki, Japan
Metabolism 51:932-4. 2002..The high serum concentrations of E-selectin closely correlated with increased total fat volume, but not with regional fat distribution...
- VLA-4 (alpha(4)beta(1)) engagement defines a novel activation pathway for beta(2) integrin-dependent leukocyte adhesion involving the urokinase receptorA E May
Deutsches Herzzentrum und 1 Medizinische Klinik des Klinikums Rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat, D 80636 München, Germany
Blood 96:506-13. 2000..These results elucidate a novel activation pathway of beta(2) integrin-dependent cell-to-cell adhesion that requires alpha(4)beta(1) integrin ligation for initiation and uPAR as activation transducer. (Blood. 2000;96:506-513)..
- Circulating intercellular adhesion molecule-1, vascular cell adhesion molecule-1, and E-selectin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusS Kado
Department of Internal Medicine 5, Tokyo Medical University, Inashiki, Ibaraki, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 46:143-8. 1999..These results suggest that adhesion molecules may contribute to the development of atherosclerosis in the diabetic state...
- A VCAM-like adhesion molecule on murine bone marrow stromal cells mediates binding of lymphocyte precursors in cultureK Miyake
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104
J Cell Biol 114:557-65. 1991..The VCAM-like cell adhesion molecule on stromal cells and VLA-4 on lymphocyte precursors may both be important for B lymphocyte formation...
- The crystal structure of an N-terminal two-domain fragment of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1): a cyclic peptide based on the domain 1 C-D loop can inhibit VCAM-1-alpha 4 integrin interactionJ H Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:5714-8. 1995b>Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) represents a structurally and functionally distinct class of immunoglobulin superfamily molecules that bind leukocyte integrins and are involved in inflammatory and immune functions...
- An external, oversized, porous polyester stent reduces vein graft neointima formation, cholesterol concentration, and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 expression in cholesterol-fed pigsGianni D Angelini
Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:950-6. 2002..Supporting grafts externally with an oversized, highly porous polyester stent dramatically reduces neointima formation in normocholesterolemic pigs. However, its effects in the presence of hypercholesterolemia are unknown...
- Cre-mediated generation of a VCAM-1 null allele in transgenic miceR W Terry
Department of Inflammation and Autoimmune Diseases, Roche Research Center, Hoffmann LaRoche, Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110 1199, USA
Transgenic Res 6:349-56. 1997..The data also suggest a novel simplified strategy for using the Cre/loxP system in vivo, in which a single ES cell and line of mice can be used to create mice carrying either a null or conditional null allele...
- Circulating endothelial cell adhesion molecules as diagnostic markers for the early identification of pregnant women at risk for development of preeclampsiaT Krauss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 177:443-9. 1997....
- Fetal plasma levels of circulating endothelial cell adhesion molecules in normal and preeclamptic pregnanciesT Krauss
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Gottingen Medical School, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 78:41-5. 1998..The aim of the present study was to determine levels of these molecules in the fetal circulation of normal pregnancies and pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia...
- Multiple activation states of VLA-4. Mechanistic differences between adhesion to CS1/fibronectin and to vascular cell adhesion molecule-1A Masumoto
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 268:228-34. 1993....
- Maternal endothelial soluble cell adhesion molecules with isolated small for gestational age fetuses: comparison with pre-eclampsiaF Bretelle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire de la Conception, Marseille, France
BJOG 108:1277-82. 2001..Differences in the profile of soluble cell adhesion molecules suggest variations in the degrees of endothelial activation between pre-eclampsia and small for gestational age fetuses...
- Significance of VLA-4-VCAM-1 interaction and CD44 for transendothelial invasion in a bone marrow metastatic myeloma modelT Okada
Biomolecules Department, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Tsukuba, Japan
Clin Exp Metastasis 17:623-9. 1999..However, stimulation of BMEC with TNFalpha resulted in increased invasion by B9/BM1 cells, which was completely suppressed by anti-VCAM-1 mAb, implicating a significant role of this adhesion molecule in this process during inflammation...
- LAD-III, a leukocyte adhesion deficiency syndrome associated with defective Rap1 activation and impaired stabilization of integrin bondsTatsuo Kinashi
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
Blood 103:1033-6. 2004..The very late antigen 4 (VLA-4) integrin abnormally tethered LAD EBV lymphocytes to its ligand vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) under shear flow due to impaired generation of high-avidity contacts despite normal ligand ..
- Alpha4-integrin-VCAM-1 binding mediates G protein-independent capture of encephalitogenic T cell blasts to CNS white matter microvesselsP Vajkoczy
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Mannheim, Universitat Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Clin Invest 108:557-65. 2001....
- Residues within a conserved amino acid motif of domains 1 and 4 of VCAM-1 are required for binding to VLA-4R H Vonderheide
Center for Blood Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
J Cell Biol 125:215-22. 1994b>Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1), a member of the Ig superfamily originally identified on activated endothelium, binds to the integrin very late antigen-4 (VLA-4), also known as alpha 4 beta 1 or CD49d/CD29, to support cell-..
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) activation of endothelial cell matrix metalloproteinases: role of reactive oxygen speciesTracy L Deem
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, PO Box 670529, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Blood 104:2385-93. 2004..Lymphocyte-endothelial cell binding is mediated by receptors such as vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1)...
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-1-deficient mice are resistant against renal injury after induction of diabetesShinichi Okada
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Diabetes 52:2586-93. 2003..Moreover, expressions of TGF-beta and type IV collagen in glomeruli were also suppressed in diabetic ICAM-1(-/-) mice. These results suggest that ICAM-1 is critically involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy...
- Inducible cell adhesion molecule 110 (INCAM-110) is an endothelial receptor for lymphocytes. A CD11/CD18-independent adhesion mechanismG E Rice
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Exp Med 171:1369-74. 1990..Endothelial expression of INCAM-110 is upregulated at sites of inflammation, suggesting a role in the recruitment of mononuclear leukocytes...
- CC chemokines and transmigration of eosinophils in the presence of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1Hideaki Yamamoto
Keiyo Clinic of Internal Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 94:292-300. 2005Interaction between eosinophil alpha4 integrin and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) expressed on activated endothelial cells may be a key step in the selective recruitment of eosinophils from the circulation to sites of ..
- Effects of I domain deletion on the function of the beta2 integrin lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1B Leitinger
Leukocyte Adhesion Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 11:677-90. 2000..Thus, removal of the I domain from LFA-1 created an integrin with the hallmarks of a constitutively active receptor mediating signals into the cell. These findings suggest a key role for the I domain in controlling integrin activity...
- Novel Mechanisms of Chronic Inflammation in Sjogren's SyndromeGARY ANDREW WEISMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should lead to better therapeutic strategies for minimizing autoimmune-associated inflammation of salivary gland that contributes to xerostomia in patients with SS. ..
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and lupus: new molecular targets for treatmentEmilio B Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies may help to devise new more specific and less harmful modalities than the anticoagulation or general immunosuppression currently used to treat and prevent thrombosis in patients with aPL Abs. ..
- Monocyte activation and the role of CD11c in obesity-linked metabolic syndromeHuaizhu Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study has the potential to provide novel preventive and therapeutic targets for obesity-related atherosclerosis and diabetes. ..
- Pregnancy, Pre-eclampsia, Anti-oxidants and Endothelial Cell FunctionGautam Chaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from our studies will indicate to us which anti-oxidants are likely to be more effective than others and which can be used clinically to prevent this condition. ..
- The Physiologic Assessment of Exercise Capacity in Pediatric Sickle Cell AnemiaROBERT IE LIEM; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Sex Differences in Vascular Markers of Stroke RiskCheryl D Bushnell; Fiscal Year: 2012..This could naturally lead to development of a predictive panel of markers for future stroke risk. ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction in the Pathogenesis of Sickle Cell NephropathyKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Exploring the contribution of a nucleotide receptor to atherosclerosisCHEIKH IBRA SEYE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of the proposed studies will further our understanding of purinergic signaling in vascular inflammation, and could lead to new therapies for preventing and diagnosing atherosclerosis. ..
- B Cell Trafficking to the EyeJustine R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- HIV, Inflammation, and Endothelial DysfunctionSamir Kumar Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Phase 2 Study of Montelukast for the Treatment of Sickle Cell AnemiaJOSHUA JEFFREY FIELD; Fiscal Year: 2013..If this study provides preliminary evidence that montelukast when combined with HU has efficacy for the treatment of vaso-occlusion, we will propose a larger multi-center phase III trial. ..
- Inhibition of lupus nephritis in IRF-1 deficient miceChristopher Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2003..in macrophages and mesangial cells are mediated through IRF-1 including up-regulation of IL-12, vascular cell adhesion molecule 1, interferon-p, major histocompatability complex I, and iNOS...
- ACE Inhibition and Novel Cardiovascular Risk FactorsMarco Pahor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE ALKALOIDSJames White; Fiscal Year: 2006..A plan is presented for the synthesis of this complex heptacyclic molecule which envisions a thio-Claisen rearrangement as the key step for building the vicinal quaternary carbons of this structure. ..
- Periodontitis, Atherosclerosis and the Host ResponseEvanthia Lalla; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to employ this model to dissect the factors accelerating vascular inflammation and atherosclerosis in periodontitis. ..
- CLINICAL/EXPERIMENTAL RADIATION RESEARCHPaul Okunieff; Fiscal Year: 2002..will provide new insights, allowing us to identify the most basic mechanistic phenomena such as specific genes and pathways evoked in these late effects and new means of amelioration using anti-cytokines. ..
- VCAM-1 AND CHEMOKINES AND MONOCYTE RECRUITMENTAnthony Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- NOVEL ANGIOGENIC CYTOKINE INDUCED ENDOTHELIAL ANTIGENAlisa Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should broaden our understanding of the mode of action of this novel angiogenic mediator which may increase our ability to curb angiogenesis in conditions characterized by persistent neovascularization. ..
- VITAMIN C, GLUTATHIONE, AND ENDOTHELIAL CELL FUNCTIONBalz Frei; Fiscal Year: 1999..This information will provide a better understanding of the mechanisms by which antioxidants modify the initial events of atherogenesis. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF COCAETHYLENE-INDUCED VASCULITISDANYEL TACKER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed Aims will provide further insight into the pathogenic sequelae resulting from production of CE in humans. ..
- INHIBITION OF GENE EXPRESSION IN ENDOTHELIAL CELLSNigel Mackman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The effects of intracellular cAMP on the functional activity and phosphorylation of NFKB/Rel proteins will be investigated. A yeast two hybrid system will be used to identify additional factors which interact with NFKB. ..
- INHIBITION OF GENE EXPRESSION IN ENDOTHELIAL CELLSGraham Parry; Fiscal Year: 2000..The effects of intracellular cAMP on the functional activity and phosphorylation of NFKB/Rel proteins will be investigated. A yeast two hybrid system will be used to identify additional factors which interact with NFKB. ..
- PREDICTORS OF RECURRENT STROKE IN THE PROGRESS STUDYDuncan Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, plasma markers that predict risk of recurrent stroke may indicate novel therapies to prevent this condition. ..
- Blood Markers of Mobile Source Particle ExposureEric Garshick; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is of public health importance because large segments of the general US population have exposures to fine particles similar to trucking company worker exposures. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GLYCATION, RECEPTORS, CYTOKINES IN PERIODONTAL DISEASEAnn Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies should identify possible therapeutic approaches directed at these targets. ..
- VCAM 1 EXPRESSION IN ENDOTHELIAL CELLSDouglas Dean; Fiscal Year: 1999..We propose studies to examine the molecular mechanisms of how this "allergic cytokine" combination regulates VCAM-1 expression. ..
- HUMAN DERMAL ENDOTHELIAL CELLS IN SKIN DISEASERobert Swerlick; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) is regulated in HDMEC in a cell-and cytokine-specific fashion and the in vitro patterns of ..
- ENDOCAM/PECAM--A NOVEL VASCULAR CELL ADHESION MOLECULESteven Albelda; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- LIPOPROTEIN/GENETIC MODIFICATION AND ADHESION MOLECULESBobby Khan; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- ANTISENSE REGULATION OF VCAM 1 EXPESSIONBrian Johnston; Fiscal Year: 1999..Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals. Inc. and Isis Pharmaceuticals have both expressed interest in helping to commercialize this work. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF RENAL TUBULAR CELLSFrank Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MOLECULAR SIGNALS IN MONOCYTE RECRUITMENTRobert Gerszten; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- The Effects of BBIC on Multiple SclerosisJeffrey Ware; Fiscal Year: 2001..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Should clinical trials indicate a beneficial effect, we plan to market BBIC tablets for use as a therapeutic agent in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. ..
- IN VIVO STUDIES OF VCAM-1 IN IMMUNITYPandelakis Koni; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the specific aims here are to determine the role of VCAM-1 on dendritic cells with respect to CD4+ T helper cell development, T cell activation-induced cell death and T cell peripheral self-tolerance. ..
- Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (+)-HalichlorineRodrigo Andrade; Fiscal Year: 2005..The synthesis will furnish sufficient quantities of halichlorine to assess its potential as a candidate for the treatment of the above conditions. ..
- RETINAL RECEPTORS FOR DEVELOPMENTAL CUESDENNIS CLEGG; Fiscal Year: 2000..Finally, in vivo experiments are proposed to alter alpha4 expression, by expressing antisense RNA, and to block alpha4 function, by introducing blocking antibodies to define the role of alpha4 integrins in retinal development. ..
- PECAM-INDEPENDENT TRANSENDOTHELIAL MIGRATIONWilliam Muller; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have generated mice that are genetically deficient in PECAM and mice in which PECAM does not function. These mice will be critical to evaluate PECAM-independent TEM. ..
- Lipoic Acid, Endothelial Activation and AtherosclerosisWeijian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- gp91 phox Function in VCAM-1-dependent Lung EosinophiliaJoan Cook Mills; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- CELLULAR TRAFFICKING TO INFLAMED FEMALE GENITAL MUCOSAKathleen Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..Insight into CXCL13 secretion will impact public health and the welfare of women in the US by aiding the development of therapeutics to prevent tubal infertility. ..
- Atherosclerosis Stage, Estrogen Receptors, and Vascular Responses to EstrogenTHOMAS COSTIN REGISTER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- COAGULATION ACTIVATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial Cell VCAM-1 Signal TransductionJoan Cook Mills; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information may provide novel targets for therapies designed to modulate vascular function during atherosclerosis, infection, or transplantation. ..
- Inflammatory Mechanisms of AtherosclerosisPeter Libby; Fiscal Year: 2006..5. We will explore a putative functional role of a novel prostaglandin E2 receptor EP4 interacting protein (EPRAP) in endogenous anti-inflammatory pathways. ..
- DISORDERED BLOOD COAGULATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., is the "hypercoagulability" observed in patients with SCD a primary cause of the vasoocclusion or is it simply a secondary event that is observed in this clinical setting. ..
- AtherothrombosisPeter Libby; Fiscal Year: 2005..This effort will hasten the translation of research discoveries to promote health of the heart and blood vessels at home and abroad. ..
- Gene therapy for treatment of craniofacial dysplasiaStephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2004..Completion of this study will aid in the development of novel therapies for the management of genetic disorders. ..
- PATHOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF THE PLASMINOGEN SYSTEMVictoria Ploplis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hypothesis is that cardiac fibrosis will be regulated by urokinase activity and other functions of PAI-I which will be further pursued in future studies of mice expressing functional mutations of PAI-1. ..
- BIOMECHANICS OF LEUKOCYTE ADHESION MOLECULESKlaus Ley; Fiscal Year: 2002..Milestones for the following years are listed in the timeline. ..
- GENETICS OF HEREDITARY HEMORRHAGIC TELANGIECTASIADouglas Marchuk; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Acquisition of a 200 kV Cryo-Electron MicroscopeDavid Chaplin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data collected using this technology will support ongoing and high-priority initiatives in structural biology, virology, trans-membrane channels, bio-defense, and vaccine development. ..
- BOEC in BiologyRobert Hebbel; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aside from eventual therapeutics, these studies will define aspects of this unique cell type. ..
- LYMPHOTOXIN: REGULATION AND BIOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCENANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- PECAM-1 AND REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESISNader Sheibani; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is suggested that a therapeutic benefit can be derived by exploiting these signaling pathways to control the hypervascularization characteristic of arthritis. ..
- Translating ATP III Cholesterol Management Guidelines *Charles Eaton; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Fibulin-5 in Cardiovascular RemodelingHiromi Yanagisawa; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ALLERGIC RHINITIS AND SINUSITISFuad Baroody; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will hopefully help to improve our therapeutic modalities for this enigmatic illness that affects millions of Americans every year. ..
- Recombinant FIV vectors for the delivery of siRNA therapy to jointsStephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Association of Thrombophilia and Inflammation with Post-Thrombotic SyndromeMary Cushman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Resultant disability is estimated at 2 million lost workdays/year and medical costs as $300 million yearly. Findings here can form the basis for development of new therapies to treat, and moreover prevent,PTS. ..
- DIETARY SOY SUPPLEMENTS: CARDIOPROTECTIVE MECHANISMSMichael Adams; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Neural-Immune Interacations: Pathology and Molecular Mechanisms of RepairNANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ultimate goal is to provide prevention and treatment of diseases that involve interactions between these two systems. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The influence of CLP on placental sFlt-1 will be studied. Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance current knowledge of the role of the placenta and EC dysfunction in the pathogenesis of PE. ..