Genomes and Genes
Summary: Antigens from the house dust mites (DERMATOPHAGOIDES), mainly D. farinae and D. pteronyssinus. They are proteins, found in mite feces or mite extracts, that can cause ASTHMA and other allergic diseases such as perennial rhinitis (RHINITIS, ALLERGIC, PERENNIAL) and atopic dermatitis (DERMATITIS, ATOPIC). More than 11 groups of Dermatophagoides ALLERGENS have been defined. Group I allergens, such as Der f I and Der p I from the above two species, are among the strongest mite immunogens in humans.
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- IL-10 and TGF-beta cooperate in the regulatory T cell response to mucosal allergens in normal immunity and specific immunotherapyMarek Jutel
Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research SIAF, Davos, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 33:1205-14. 2003..Together, these results demonstrate a deviation towards a regulatory/suppressor T cell response during SIT and in normal immunity as a key event for the healthy immune response to mucosal antigens...
- The crystal structure of a major dust mite allergen Der p 2, and its biological implicationsU Derewenda
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Mol Biol 318:189-97. 2002..The crystal structure suggests that binding of non-polar molecules may be essential to the physiological function of the Der p 2 protein...
- Efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy with high-dose mite extracts in asthma: a multi-center, double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled study in TaiwanChen Kuang Niu
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
Respir Med 100:1374-83. 2006..p. and D.f. Tolerance with high-dose SLIT was good with few minor adverse events reported. Our results indicated that a 24-week SLIT is of clinical benefit to mite-sensitive asthmatic children in Taiwan...
- Assessment of sublingual immunotherapy efficacy in children with house dust mite-induced allergic asthma optimally controlled by pharmacologic treatment and mite-avoidance measuresNhan Pham-Thi
Department of Paediatric Pneumology and Allergy, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:47-57. 2007..Under such conditions, only a complete, but ethically unfeasible, discontinuation of inhaled corticosteroid would have demonstrated a possible benefit of SLIT...
- Low-dose airborne endotoxin exposure enhances bronchial responsiveness to inhaled allergen in atopic asthmaticsBrian Boehlecke
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1241-3. 2003
- IgE- and FcepsilonRI-mediated enhancement of surface CD69 expression in basophils: role of low-level stimulationMaho Suzukawa
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 143:56-9. 2007..Upregulated CD69 expression on locally accumulated basophils in bronchial asthma may be attributed at least in part to a combination of local cytokines, especially IL-3, plus exposure to low levels of IgE-crosslinking allergens...
- IgE and IgG anti-house dust mite specificities in allergic diseaseBelinda J Hales
Division of Molecular Biotechnology, Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, 100 Roberts Road, Subiaco, WA 6008, Australia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:361-7. 2006..There are few studies that quantitatively compare IgE and IgG antibody binding to the major and minor house dust mite allergens...
- Frequency of allergic diseases following measlesE Kucukosmanoglu
Department of Pediatrics, Medical Faculty, Gaziantep University Istanbul, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 34:146-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the frequency of allergic diseases following measles in childhood...
- [Asthma in the elderly--estimation of natural disease course]Andrzej Bozek
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych i Dermatologii Sl AM w Zabrzu
Pol Arch Med Wewn 114:1079-83. 2005..The study group consisted of 181 patients suffering from asthma, at mean age 69 +/- 2.1 yrs. Apart from retrospective analysis, spirometry, skin tests and serum IgE concentration were performed...
- Intranasal application of chitin microparticles down-regulates symptoms of allergic hypersensitivity to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Aspergillus fumigatus in murine models of allergyP Strong
Medical Research Council Immunochemistry Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford UK
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1794-800. 2002..To date there have been no studies on the effectivness of directly applying chitin microparticles to the respiratory tract as a treatment for allergic symptoms...
- Clinical and immunologic effects of sublingual immunotherapy in asthmatic children sensitized to mites: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyKo Huang Lue
Department of Pediatrics, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:408-15. 2006..The clinical usefulness of this form of immunotherapy and the mechanism underlying its immunologic effects deserve further studies...
- Allergen-induced bronchial inflammation in house dust mite-allergic patients with or without asthmaC E Lopuhaä
Department of Pulmonology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1720-7. 2002..The level of allergen-specific IgE antibodies does not seem to be decisive for asthmatic symptoms. Moreover, levels of exposure to mite allergens do not seem to differ significantly between asthmatic and non-asthmatics individuals...
- An extensive study of human IgE cross-reactivity of Blo t 5 and Der p 5I Chun Kuo
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:603-9. 2003..The human IgE cross-reactivity between clinical important group 5 allergens, Blo t 5 and Der p 5, remains controversial...
- Skin test reactivity to natural and recombinant Blomia and Dermatophagoides spp. allergens among mite allergic patients in the UKA Simpson
North West Lung Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, M23 9LT, UK
Allergy 58:53-6. 2003..pteronyssinus and to assess allergenic activity and cross-reactivity of recombinant (r) Group 5 allergens amongst these patients, who live in the UK and who are not exposed to B. tropicalis in their homes...
- Relationship of house-dust mite allergen exposure in children's bedrooms in infancy to bronchial hyperresponsiveness and asthma diagnosis by age 6 to 7Paul M Carter
Henry Ford Health System, Division of Allergy, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 90:41-4. 2003..Several studies have suggested that exposure to house-dust mite (HDM) allergen in infancy increases the risk of developing asthma...
- Early-life domestic aeroallergen exposure and IgE sensitization at age 4 yearsMatias Torrent
Menorca Health Area, Ib Salut, Menorca, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:742-8. 2006....
- Lack of correlation between bronchial late allergic reaction to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and in vitro immunoglobulin E reactivity to histamine-releasing factor derived from mononuclear cellsIlona Kleine Budde
Department of Immunopathology, Sanquin Research at CLB, Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 89:606-12. 2002..Sera capable of passively sensitizing basophils to release histamine to HRF were designated IgE+ sera. IgE+ and HRF have been suggested to play a role in late allergic reaction (LAR)...
- Skin test reactivity to aeroallergens in Jamaicans: relationship to asthmaJ Knight-Madden
Sickle Cell Unit, Tropical Medicine Research Institute, The University of the West Indies, Kingston 7, Jamaica, West Indies
West Indian Med J 55:142-7. 2006..Asthma causes significant morbidity and mortality in the developing world. It is thus important to identify modifiable risk factors...
- Association between mite allergen (Der p 1, Der f 1, Blo t 5) levels and microscopic identification of mites or skin prick test results in asthmatic subjectsManoel Medeiros
Servico de Imunologia, Hospital Universitario Professor Edgar Santos, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 129:237-41. 2002..The present study analyzed the association between levels of HDM allergen and results of mite identification or skin prick test (SPT) in two different areas of Bahia, Brazil...
- Correlates of sensitization to Blomia tropicalis and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus in asthma in BarbadosTeri A Manolio
Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Applications, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7934, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 131:119-26. 2003..The main objective of this study was to determine prevalence and correlates of sensitivity to these mites in families with asthma and characteristics of persons sensitized to both...
- Specific allergens enhance elastase release in stimulated neutrophils from asthmatic patientsJavier Monteseirín
Departamento de Medicina, Servicio Regional de Immunología y Alergia, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Espana
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 131:174-81. 2003..In addition, we attempted to evaluate the relationship between neutrophil degranulation and lung function of the patients, measured as FEV(1)...
- Allergen sensitization to aeroallergens including Blomia tropicalis among adult and childhood asthmatics in ThailandTassalapa Daengsuwan
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 21:199-204. 2003..3% and 5.6%, respectively. Sensitization to other pollens and spores were less than 5%. This study confirms the importance of Dermatophagoides among Thai asthmatics...
- Importance of including Blomia tropicalis in the routine diagnosis of Venezuelan patients with persistent allergic symptomsF A Puccio
Institute of Biomedicine, Central University of Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela
Allergy 59:753-7. 2004..The prevalence of skin test and specific serum immunoglobulin (Ig)E reactivity to B. tropicalis in Venezuela has not been previously evaluated...
- A differing pattern of association between dietary fish and allergen-specific subgroups of atopyK Andreasyan
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Allergy 60:671-7. 2005..We examined the role of fish intake in the development of atopic disease with particular reference to the possibility of differential effects on allergen-specific subgroups of sensitization...
- Component-resolved diagnosis of house-dust mite allergy with purified natural and recombinant mite allergensG Pittner
Division of Immunopathology, Department of Pathophysiology, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Clin Exp Allergy 34:597-603. 2004..Immunotherapy with mite allergen extracts is frequently performed if allergen avoidance is not possible or successful. However, highly controversial results have been reported for mite-specific immunotherapy...
- Exposure to indoor allergens in homes of patients with asthma and/or rhinitis in southeast Brazil: effect of mattress and pillow covers on mite allergen levelsKátia R C Tobias
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 133:365-70. 2004..It is important to establish the degree of exposure, and to evaluate whether allergen control measures are effective in a particular area...
- Protein sequence analysis of a novel 103-kDa Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus mite allergen and prevalence of serum immunoglobulin E reactivity to rDer p 11 in allergic adult patientsC S Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Junior College of Nursing, and Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Exp Allergy 34:354-62. 2004..We have also cloned a novel high mw Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Dp) mite allergen, Der p 11...
- Mouse strain differences in eosinophilic airway inflammation caused by intratracheal instillation of mite allergen and diesel exhaust particlesTakamichi Ichinose
Department of Health Sciences, Oita University of Nursing and Health Sciences, 2944 9 Notsuharu, Oita 870 1201, Japan
J Appl Toxicol 24:69-76. 2004..The enhancing effects of DEP may be mediated by a cytokine increase in the local expression. Antigen-specific IgG1 may be an important immunoglobulin in the pathogenesis of allergic asthma enhanced by DEP...
- Allergen skin test reaction patterns in children (</=10 years old) from atopic families suggest age-dependent changes in allergen-IgE binding in early lifeDuaine R Jackola
Asthma and Allergy Center, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 132:364-72. 2003..Genetic studies of atopy rely upon evidence of abnormal IgE production, usually elevated total IgE or skin prick test (SPT) reactions. However, these measures may change with subject age...
- Identification of the major allergenic components in Blomia tropicalis and the relevance of the specific IgE in asthmatic patientsJaw Ji Tsai
Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:485-9. 2003..High prevalence of sensitization to B. tropicalis has been noted in asthmatic patients in Taiwan; however, the allergenic components and its impact on asthmatic patients remain to be clarified...
- CD14 promoter polymorphisms in atopic families: implications for modulated allergen-specific immunoglobulin E and G1 responsesDuaine R Jackola
The Asthma and Allergy Program, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:217-24. 2006..We sought to determine if a single nucleotide polymorphism in the CD14 promoter region is associated with atopy in atopic families, and to assess its influence on serum levels of CD14 and allergen-specific IgE and IgG1 responses...
- Sublingual immunotherapy with Dermatophagoides monomeric allergoid down-regulates allergen-specific immunoglobulin E and increases both interferon-gamma- and interleukin-10-productionL Cosmi
Center of Research, Transfer, High Education DENOTHE, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 36:261-72. 2006....
- Comparison of the biological activity of the most common sublingual allergen solutions made by two European manufacturersRalph Mosges
Institute of Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Epidemiology, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:325-9. 2006..What is still lacking is a 'conversion rate' between the biological activities of different allergen solutions to determine the one with the higher concentration...
- Usefulness of specific immunotherapy in patients with severe perennial allergic rhinitis induced by house dust mite: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialV A Varney
RCMB Research Division, University Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1076-82. 2003..To evaluate the effectiveness of specific immunotherapy (SIT) in patients with severe house dust mite (HDM)-induced perennial allergic rhinitis using diary cards and objective endpoints...
- Correlation between skin tests to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, Dermatophagoides siboney and Blomia tropicalis in Cuban asthmaticsR L Castro Almarales
Allergens Department, National Center of Bioproducts BIOCEN, Havana, Cuba
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 34:23-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the degree of polysensitization and correlation of the skin prick test (SPT) reaction size to these mites in asthmatic patients...
- Barnacle allergy: allergen characterization and cross-reactivity with mitesS Marinho
Immunoallergy Department, Dona Estefania Hospital, Lisbon, Portugal
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 16:117-22. 2006..The molecular allergens and possible cross-reactivity phenomena implicated (namely with mites) have not been established...
- Skin tests and conjunctival and bronchial challenges with extracts of Blomia tropicalis and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus in patients with allergic asthma and/or rhinoconjunctivitisJ C García Robaina
Servicio Alergia, Hospital Universitario Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 131:182-8. 2003..Several studies have demonstrated a variable degree of allergenic cross-reactivity in vitro. However, only a few have addressed their allergenic cross-reactivity using challenge tests...
- House dust mite allergen (Derp1 and Blot5) levels in asthmatics' home in HongkongBao Qing Sun
Department of Medicine, the University of Hongkong, Hongkong
Chin Med Sci J 19:185-8. 2004..To measure Derp1 and Blot5 allergen levels in asthmatics' homes in Hongkong...
- Limited IgE cross-reactivity between Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Glycyphagus domesticus in patients naturally exposed to both mite speciesJosé Arias-Irigoyen
Consulta Privada, Huelva, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:98-104. 2007..Contradictory results have been found when analyzing the IgE cross-reactivity among pyroglyphid mites and storage mites, as well as the role of these as true sensitizing agents...
- The protective role of country living on skin prick tests, immunoglobulin E and asthma in adults from the Epidemiological study on the Genetics and Environment of Asthma, bronchial hyper-responsiveness and atopyF Kauffmann
Epidemiology and Biostatistics, INSERM U472, Villejuif, France
Clin Exp Allergy 32:379-86. 2002..Farming environment and traditional lifestyle seem to protect from childhood allergy...
- Reduction of the in vivo allergenicity of Der p 2, the major house-dust mite allergen, by genetic engineeringKuan Wei Chen
Department of Pathophysiology, Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mol Immunol 45:2486-98. 2008..Thus the rDer p 2 derivatives exhibited less in vivo allergenic activity and allergenicity than the Der p 2 allergen but preserved immunogenicity and may hence represent candidates for specific immunotherapy of house-dust mite allergy...
- Nonlinear relationship of mite allergen exposure to mite sensitization and asthma in a birth cohortEuan R Tovey
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:114-8, 118.e1-5. 2008..There is uncertainty about the nature of the relationship between mite allergen exposure during infancy and the expression of allergic diseases in childhood...
- Characterization of Der p 21, a new important allergen derived from the gut of house dust mitesM Weghofer
Division of Immunopathology, Department of Pathophysiology, Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Allergy 63:758-67. 2008..The house dust mite (HDM) Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus is a major allergen source eliciting allergic asthma. The aim of the study was to identify new important HDM allergens associated with allergic asthma...
- The role of indoor allergen sensitization and exposure in causing morbidity in women with asthmaSarah A Lewis
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:961-6. 2002..07), with adjustment for race and poverty. We conclude that cockroach and cat allergens may contribute to asthma morbidity in sensitized women...
- Anti-IgE efficacy in murine asthma models is dependent on the method of allergen sensitizationD B Tumas
Department of Pathology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080-4918, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:1025-33. 2001..The results parallel the results reported with anti-IgE efficacy in allergic asthmatic human subjects...
- Anaphylaxis after hamster bites--identification of a novel allergenD L Lim
Department of Paediatrics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1122-3. 2004..Hamsters are popular household pets and anaphylaxis after their bites have described. However, the putative allergen has not been identified...
- Seasonal variability of non-specific bronchial responsiveness in asthmatic patients with allergy to house dust mitesG Riccioni
Respiratory Physiopathology Center, G. D'Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Allergy Asthma Proc 22:5-9. 2001..However, mite- and grass-allergic patients had wider variations of NSBR, possibly reflecting changes in seasonal pollen concentration...
- Comparison of purified Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus allergens and extract by two-dimensional immunoblotting and quantitative immunoglobulin E inhibitionsM Weghofer
Division of Immunopathology, Department of Pathophysiology, Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Exp Allergy 35:1384-91. 2005..These variations may influence allergenic activity and thus may have impact on diagnostic tests and specific immunotherapy...
- Characterization of folded recombinant Der p 5, a potential diagnostic marker allergen for house dust mite allergyMargit Weghofer
Division of Immunopathology, Department of Pathophysiology, Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 147:101-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to produce, by recombinant DNA technology, a folded Der p 5 allergen for diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive purposes...
- A genomewide search for quantitative-trait loci underlying asthmaX Xu
Program for Population Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 69:1271-7. 2001..No significant or suggestive evidence of linkage for the other four traits was found...
- Does SIT to Der p protect from snail sensitization?P Meglio
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tor Vergata, Via Ezio 19, 00192 Rome, Italy
Allergy 57:868-9. 2002
- Therapeutic effect of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin with allergen on human allergic asthmatic patientsJaw Ji Tsai
Department of Cathay Medical Research Institute, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 35:99-102. 2002..pteronyssinus in conjunction with Bacillus Calmette-Guerin did not alter the non-specific airway hyperreactivity or D. pteronyssinus-specific immunoglobulin E in D. pteronyssinus-sensitive allergic asthmatic patients...
- Home intervention in the treatment of asthma among inner-city childrenM C Carter
Department of Family Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 108:732-7. 2001..Furthermore, the results for children with mite allergy strongly suggest that decreasing relevant allergen exposure should be an objective of treatment in this population...
- Bronchial responsiveness in atopic adults increases with exposure to cat allergenSusan Chinn
Respiratory Epidemiology and Public Health Group, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:20-6. 2007..The association of asthma with sensitization and allergen exposure is known to be complex. There have been few studies of bronchial responsiveness in relation to both risk factors in adults...
- Der p 1 and Der p 2 induce less severe late asthmatic responses than native Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus extract after a similar early asthmatic responseM J Van Der Veen
Department of Pulmonology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Allergy 31:705-14. 2001....
- Efficacy of long-term sublingual immunotherapy as an adjunct to pharmacotherapy in house dust mite-allergic children with asthmaCevdet Ozdemir
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, School of Medicine, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:508-15. 2007..Three years of SLIT as an adjunct to pharmacotherapy resulted in reduction of both the duration and dose of ICSs and successful discontinuation of ICSs along with improvement in lung functions in HDM-allergic children with asthma...
- Aero-allergens in canine atopic dermatitis in southeastern Australia based on 1000 intradermal skin testsR S Mueller
Animal Skin and Allergy Clinic, Mount Waverley, Victoria
Aust Vet J 78:392-9. 2000..To determine the most relevant aero-allergens involved in canine atopic dermatitis in southeastern Australia and provide information about these aero-allergens to the general practitioner...
- Sublingual desensitization in patients with wasp venom allergy: preliminary resultsG Patriarca
Department of Allergology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 21:669-77. 2008..Larger studies are needed to assess efficacy, safety and tolerability profile of wasp venom SLIT...
- Guanine content and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus allergens in house dust samplesJ Le Mao
Unite d Immuno Allergie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 83:926-33. 1989..These results suggest that the guanine determination could assess mite allergens in house dust and may be a useful tool in large-scale investigations of house dust...
- Feather bedding and house dust mite sensitization and airway disease in childhoodAnne Louise Ponsonby
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 55:556-62. 2002..However, prospective studies are required to fully exclude selection bias...
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cell responses to major and minor Dermatophagoides allergens in canine atopic dermatitisT J Nuttall
Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, University of Edinburgh Hospital for Small Animals, Easter Bush, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 84:143-50. 2002....
- [Safety of hymenopteran venoms immunotherapy in a cluster schedule. A nursing perspective]M Catala
Servicio de Alergologia, Centro de Consultas Conde Oliveto, Pamplona, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 32:409-12. 2009..The aim of this article is to evaluate the safety of a cluster schedule of subcutaneous hymenopteran venom immunotherapy, which reduces the time needed to reach the maintenance dose from 12 to 3 weeks...
- High efficacy and absence of severe systemic reactions after venom immunotherapyF Carballada
Unidad de Alergia, Hospital Xeral de Calde, Lugo, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 13:43-9. 2003..Taking into account the tolerance observed during the maintenance treatment, we consider that its administration at PCCs is appropriate...
- Regulation of allergen products in JapanReiko Teshima
National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Arb Paul Ehrlich Inst Bundesinstitut Impfstoffe Biomed Arzneim Langen Hess 96:224-9. 2009..Egg, milk, wheat, buckwheat and peanut, and most recently shrimp and crab require mandatory labeling. Standardization of food allergens for allergenic ingredient measurement has been advanced...
- Effect of diesel exhaust particles on house dust mite-induced airway eosinophilic inflammation and remodeling in miceGo Takahashi
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Bioactive Molecules, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Mitahora Higashi, Gifu 502 8585, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 112:192-202. 2010....
- Comparison of three methods of protein extraction from Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus for two-dimensional electrophoresisJin lu Sun
Department of Allergy, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Chin Med Sci J 24:64-8. 2009..To explore an effective method of Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus protein extraction suitable for two-dimensional electrophoresis (2-DE) analysis...
- Acid-induced polymerization of the group 5 mite allergen from Dermatophagoides pteronyssinusS H Liaw
Department of Life Science, National Yang Ming University, 155 Li Nong Street, Sec 2, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:308-12. 2001..Therefore, coiled-coil helices may be one of the common structural motifs of mite allergens that contribute to their allergenicity...
- [Nasal allergen provocation test, allergic skin tests and serum allergen-specific IgE level in asthmatic children]Andrzej Emeryk
Klinika Chorób Płuc i Reumatologii, Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Otolaryngol Pol 61:617-22. 2007..The important element in the asthma diagnosis is a confirmation of trigger's asthma symptoms allergens...
- Comparison of mRAST and CAP with skin end point titration for Alternaria tenuis and dermatophagoides pteronyssinusD W Chambers
Division of Otolaryngology, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 117:471-4. 1997..These results were then compared with the results of patients who also underwent intradermal skin testing based on end point titration techniques...
- Der p 1 peptide on virus-like particles is safe and highly immunogenic in healthy adultsThomas M Kundig
University of Zurich, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:1470-6. 2006..In this study we covalently coupled a synthetic 16-amino-acid sequence of the allergen Der p 1 to a virus-like particle derived from the bacteriophage Qbeta (Qbeta-Der p 1)...
- Inhaled house dust mite induces pulmonary T helper 2 cytokine productionL G Gregory
Leukocyte Biology Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 39:1597-610. 2009..Inhaled house dust mite (HDM) results in T-helper (TH) 2 type pathology in unsensitized mice, in conjunction with airway hyperreactivity and airway remodelling. However, the pulmonary cytokine and chemokine profile has not been reported...
- Modulation of the humoral response to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus allergens in BALB/c mice by extract modification and adjuvant useYago Pico de Coaña
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 157:331-8. 2012..The objectives of this study were to investigate the humoral response generated in mice to modified Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus extracts in the presence or absence of two different adjuvants...
- Structure of the house dust mite allergen Der f 2: implications for function and molecular basis of IgE cross-reactivityBirthe R Johannessen
Biostructural Research, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
FEBS Lett 579:1208-12. 2005..Immunoglobulin E (IgE) cross-reactivity between group 2 house dust mite major allergens can be explained by conserved surface areas representing IgE binding epitopes...
- Effect of insect growth regulators on protein pattern of dermatophagoides farinae and its validity on inducing human alleregensSaid A M Mazyad
Research and Training Center on Vectors of Diseases, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 36:1101-14. 2006..Consequently, the insect growth regulators minimized the allergic efficacy of D. farinae in experimental exposed mice...
- [Exposure and allergy to dust mites in general and working environment in Croatia]Jelena Macan
Institut za medicinska istrazivanja i medicinu rada, Zagreb
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 55:183-92. 2004..putrescentiae. So far, results do not indicate that pyroglyphid mites are occupational allergens in paper-recycling, fish-processing and tobacco-processing...
- Lower airway inflammation before and after house dust mite nasal challenge: an age and allergen exposure-related phenomenonF Marcucci
Department of Obstetric, Gynaecologic, Pediatric Sciences, University of Perugia, Policlinico Monteluce, Via Brunamonti, 06122 Perugia, Italy
Respir Med 101:1600-8. 2007..Upper and lower airways allergic disease is currently considered unitarily. Allergic inflammation in one site can extend to other sites of the respiratory tract...
- Effectiveness and stability of heterologous proteins expressed in plants by Turnip mosaic virus vector at five different insertion sitesChin Chih Chen
Department of Plant Pathology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, ROC
Virus Res 130:210-27. 2007..var. chinensis and B. campestris L. var. ching-geeng than those in the plants of B. juncea L. and B. campestris L. var. pekinensis...
- Proteases as Th2 adjuvantsMartin D Chapman
INDOOR Biotechnologies, Inc, 1216 Harris Street, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 7:363-7. 2007..Thus although mite proteases allergens may act as Th2 adjuvants, a paradoxical effect is that other allergens may elicit strong Th2 responses in the absence of enzyme activity...
- Correlation between specific IgA and eosinophil numbers in the lavage fluid of patients with perennial allergic rhinitisJeong Hoon Oh
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:152-60. 2008..Locally produced allergen-specific IgA (but not IgE or IgG) may be involved in eosinophil activation in both early and late responses...
- [Effects of house dust mite allergen DNA vaccines on the allergic airway inflammation in murine models]Yu tian Bi
Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 46:930-3. 2007..To investigate the effects of allergen DNA vaccines on the airway allergic inflammation in C57BL/6 mouse models sensitized and challenged with house dust mite extracts...
- Evaluation of IgG subclass responses against Dermatophagoides farinae allergens in healthy and atopic dogsChia Chun Hou
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, Hospital for Small Animals, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Vet Dermatol 17:103-10. 2006..The role of the 180 kDa antigen warrants further study...
- Baseline laryngeal effects among individuals with dust mite allergyJohn H Krouse
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:149-51. 2008..To examine baseline effects of perennial allergy on laryngeal appearance, laryngeal function, and perceived vocal handicap among individuals without current allergy or voice symptoms...
- Retrospective study of tolerance to short initiation schedules in subcutaneous immunotherapyB Gandarias
ALK ABELLO, Medical Department, SA Madrid, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 15:242-8. 2005..Pangramin Plus tolerance, therefore, can be classified as good, similar to conventional schedules, but with the benefits of shorter initiation schedules...
- [Specific immunotherapy in the treatment of patients with atopic dermatitis--results of double blind placebo controlled study]Wojciech Silny
Department of Dermatology and Allergic Diseases Diagnostic Centre, Medical University of Poznan, Poland
Pol Merkur Lekarski 21:558-65. 2006..There is extensive literature on the use of SIT in the management of respiratory allergies and insect venom hypersensitivity, but a paucity of published data concerning its use as a therapeutic approach in atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- Usefulness of specific immunotherapy in patients with atopic dermatitis and allergic sensitization to house dust mites: a multi-centre, randomized, dose-response studyT Werfel
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Allergy 61:202-5. 2006..Therefore, a multi-centre, randomized dose-response trial, double-blind with respect to the efficacy of a biologically standardized depot house dust mite preparation was performed...
- Mimotopes identify conformational B-cell epitopes on the two major house dust mite allergens Der p 1 and Der p 2Krisztina Szalai
Department of Pathophysiology, Center of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mol Immunol 45:1308-17. 2008..Therefore, these mimotopes are potential candidates for the directed induction of blocking antibodies and epitope-specific immunotherapy of mite allergy...
- Cat allergen induces proinflammatory responses by human monocyte-derived macrophages but not by dendritic cellsA C Andersson Lundell
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Allergy 60:1184-91. 2005..Our aim was to study the proinflammatory response of human monocytes and in vitro-generated macrophages and DC after contact with cat allergens...
- Basophils express a type 2 cytokine profile on exposure to proteases from helminths and house dust mitesClair Phillips
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute for Lung Health, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Leukoc Biol 73:165-71. 2003..We speculate that this innate mechanism may contribute to the development of a cytokine milieu that could promote immunoglobulin E synthesis, eosinophil recruitment, and the development of type 2 T cells...
- Mite antigens enhance ICAM-1 and induce VCAM-1 expression on human umbilical vein endotheliumF Mastrandrea
Allergy Operative Unit, AUSL TA1, SS Annunziata Hospital, Taranto, Italy
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 31:259-64. 2003..Although preliminary, these results clearly support the hypothesis that at least some of the effects of sublingual immunotherapy may derive from inflammatory cell recruitment at the site of allergen release...
- Woven material for bed encasement prevents mite penetrationVanna Mahakittikun
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1239-41. 2003
- A sensitive reverse ELISA for the measurement of specific IgE to Der p 2, a major Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus allergenD A Silva
Department of Immunology, Microbiology, and Parasitology, , MG, Brazil
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 86:545-50. 2001..Detection of specific IgE to major allergens and relevant peptides, and identification of B cell epitopes in allergens will provide valuable information for the design of allergen analogs and peptides for immunotherapy...
- Humanized anti-IgE mAb Hu-901 prevents the activation of allergen-specific T cellsR J Van Neerven
Tanox Pharma BV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 124:400-2. 2001..The aim of the present study was to determine whether humanized anti-IgE mAb Hu-901 can prevent the activation of allergen-specific T cells by inhibiting IgE-mediated allergen presentation...
- Reactivities of mutants of a major house dust mite allergen Der f 2 to mouse anti-Der f 2 monoclonal antibodies analyzed by immunoblottingT Takai
Bioscience Research and Development Laboratory, Asahi Breweries, Ltd, Kitasoma-gun, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:694-7. 2001..Epitopes for five mouse anti-Der f 2 monoclonal antibodies, 1B2, 7C10, 13A4, 15E11, and 18G8, to the recombinant Der f 2 variants were characterized by immunoblot analysis...
- A rapid and efficient strategy to generate antigen-specific human monoclonal antibody by in vitro immunization and the phage display methodShin ei Matsumoto
Department of Genetic Resources Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, 6 10 1 Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Immunol Methods 332:2-9. 2008..We thus established a rapid, efficient method to obtain antigen-specific human antibody genes and produce human monoclonal IgG antibody using the phage antibody library generated from in vitro immunized PBMCs...
- Diversity of allergen exposure: implications for the efficacy of environmental controlGesmar Rodrigues Silva Segundo
Programa de Imunologia e Parasitologia Aplicadas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 75:311-6. 2009..The relationship between allergen exposure, atopic sensitization and development of allergic diseases is widely described in the literature...
- Birth month and sensitization to house dust mites in asthmatic childrenY Yoo
Department of Pediatrics, Korea University Anam Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Allergy 60:1327-30. 2005..In fact, subjects sensitized to house dust mites (HDMs) have a significantly higher proportion of births in the season when HDMs are most abundant...
- Allergen-induced cytokine production, atopic disease, IgE, and wheeze in childrenJ Paola Contreras
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1072-7. 2003..The early childhood allergen-induced immune responses associated with atopic disease and IgE production in early life are not well understood...
- A randomized controlled trial of mite allergen-impermeable bed covers in adult mite-sensitized asthmaticsC Luczynska
Department of Public Health Sciences, King s College London, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1648-53. 2003..Many allergen-avoidance regimes include multiple measures of allergen reduction, but as mite exposure in the home is most likely to be greatest in bed dust, bedding is usually the first target for intervention...
- Analysis of -675 4 g/5 G SERPINE1 and C-159T CD14 polymorphisms in house dust mite-allergic asthma patientsK Kowal
Department of Allergology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 18:284-92. 2008..Activation of individual cells by LPS is facilitated by CD14. The single nucleotide polymorphisms -675 4G/5G in SERPINE1 and C-159T in CD14 are major determinants of PAI-1 and CD14 expression, respectively...
- Allergen skin tests and free IgE levels during reduction and cessation of omalizumab therapyJonathan Corren
Allergy Research Foundation, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:506-11. 2008..It is not known whether stopping or reducing the dose of omalizumab maintains adequate suppression of free IgE levels and IgE-mediated mast cell activation...
- Environmental exposures and exhaled nitric oxide in children with asthmaAdam J Spanier
Cincinnati Children s Environmental Health Center, Division of General and Community Pediatrics, and the Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Pediatr 149:220-6. 2006..To evaluate the relation of environmental factors with exhaled nitric oxide (FENO) concentrations among asthmatic children...
- Role of Eotaxin-3/CCL26 in Allergic AsthmaLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identification of chemokines that promote allergic asthma is an important step in the future development of therapeutics to target specific molecules within the airways. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Early Immune Events in Childhood AsthmaLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Environmental Exposures, NOS Genes, and Exhaled Nitric Oxide in Pediatric AsthmaAdam Spanier; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structural biology of cedar pollen allergyTerumi Midoro Horiuti; Fiscal Year: 2007..Midoro by incorporating expertise from diverse fields. Completion of this project should greatly enhance Dr. Midoro's chances of an independent research carrier. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Early Environmental Hygiene and Pediatric AtopyChristine C Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further, working with Dr. F. Martinez, we will use the established repository of biospecimens to develop molecular epidemiologic studies of genetic-environmental risk factors. ..
- MULTI-LEVEL ANALYSIS OF URBAN CHILDHOOD ASTHMA RISKRosalind Wright; Fiscal Year: 2004..An additional feature of the proposal is the opportunity to involve under represented minority students (predoctoral and summer interns) from two NIH-funded grants whose principal investigator is a co-investigator on this proposal. ..
- Maturation of Non-Specific Airways ReactivityMichael Grunstein; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Predictors of Spatial Patterns in Urban Air PollutionJonathan Levy; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COCKROACH ALLERGEN EXPOSURE IN CHILDHOOD ASTHMASampson Sarpong; Fiscal Year: 2002..Insights gained from this work may lead to preventive measures which may reduce the prevalence and morbidity of childhood asthma. ..
- Impact of Violence on Obesity & Reproductive Axes in YouthRosalind J Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, salivary cortisol rhythms will be examined in relation to history of violence exposure and as a mediator between violence exposure and the proposed outcomes in a subsample (n=1200). ..
- Mouse Allergen Exposure & Mouse Allergic SensitizationElizabeth Matsui; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, improvements in the prediction of allergic sensitization would allow interventions to be targeted in a more practical and efficient manner to those at highest risk. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mouse Allergen and Inner-City AsthmaElizabeth C Matsui; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cytokine Polymorphisms and Hodgkin Lymphoma RiskWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study is important since it may will lead to identification of causal genetic factors which may offer alternative therapeutic strategies or prevention. ..
- CHRONIC LIFE STRESS AND INCIDENT ASTHMA IN ADULT WOMENRosalind Wright; Fiscal Year: 2003..To our knowledge, this would be the first large-scale (N=64,000) longitudinal study of the association between a specific chronic life stressor (i.e., violence) and the incidence of asthma in adult women. ..
- Epidemiology of asthma: risk and prognosis in a cohort from birth to adolescenceSyed Hasan Arshad; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our work brings together a multidisciplinary research team with a proven record of collaboration and expertise in respiratory medicine, allergy and immunology, epidemiology, genetics, and biostatistics. ..
- Mouse Allergen and Asthma Intervention TrialElizabeth Matsui; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UVA Asthma and Allergic Diseases CenterThomas Platts Mills; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the mechanisms involved is essential for defining new approaches to treatment and prevention and also for explaining the increasing prevalence of asthma. ..
- COLON CANCER SURVIVORS--MEDICATIONS & RISK OF RECURRENCEChristine Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using automated pharmacy data, the timing of use and exposure to NSAIDs and HRT will be analyzed among cancer survivors, along with potentially confounding variables, in relation to these outcomes. ..
- Risk Factors for Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma in TwinsWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2006..6 and as high as 1.8. A matched case-control analysis using SAS will be performed using multivariate logistic regression. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Genetic Epidemiology of Asthma in Costa RicaJUAN CELEDON; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, it will create a bank of phenotypic and genotypic information that will facilitate further hypothesis testing in a unique patient cohort. ..
- Role of Mouse Allergen in Childhood AsthmaWanda Phipatanakul; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will help her translate knowledge gained from her research into direct community benefit. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RISK FACTORS FOR YOUNG ADULT HODGKIN'S DISEASE IN TWINSWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2004..6 and as high as 2.0 at 80% power. A matched case-control analysis will be performed using multivariate logistic regression in SAS. ..
- Rapid Test for Monitoring Dust Mite Avoidance in HomesMartin Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Phase II project will result in the development of consumer based allergen tests that will improve asthma management using environmental control procedures. ..
- Tec inhibitors- A new therapeutic for allergic diseasesYuko Kawakami; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since we have a screening method for searching for Tec inhibitors whose usefulness has been proven, we will also expand our search for better compounds. ..
- INNER CITY COCKROACH ALLERGEN REDUCTION TRIALPeyton Eggleston; Fiscal Year: 2002..Secondary variables, including medication use, acute care visits, school loss, FEVI and methacholine responsiveness will also be compared. ..
- HOME BASED ENVIRONMENTAL ADHERENCE TRIALPeyton Eggleston; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Virus-Induced Mechanics of Altered Airway ResponsivenessMichael Grunstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is anticipated that the findings from these proposed studies would yield important new insights into the mechanistic interplay between viral respiratory pathogens, atopy, and altered airway responsiveness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN SENSITIZED AIRWAY SMOOTH MUSCLEMichael Grunstein; Fiscal Year: 2002....