Genomes and Genes
Summary: Single-chain polypeptides of about 65 amino acids (7 kDa) from LEECHES that have a neutral hydrophobic N terminus, an acidic hydrophilic C terminus, and a compact, hydrophobic core region. Recombinant hirudins lack tyr-63 sulfation so are referred to as 'desulfato-hirudins'. They form a stable non-covalent complex with ALPHA-THROMBIN, thereby abolishing its ability to cleave FIBRINOGEN.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular diversity of anticoagulants from haematophagous animalsCho Yeow Koh
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Singapore
Thromb Haemost 102:437-53. 2009..In this review, we will provide an overview on the structure, function and mechanism of the exogenous anticoagulants from haematophagous animals and rationalise their molecular diversity...
- The direct thrombin inhibitor hirudinAndreas Greinacher
Institute for Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Sauerbruchstrasse, 17489 Greifswald, Germany
Thromb Haemost 99:819-29. 2008..b>Hirudins have been formally studied prior to their regulatory approval; however, important information on their side ..
- The structure of a complex of recombinant hirudin and human alpha-thrombinT J Rydel
Department of Chemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824
Science 249:277-80. 1990..In all, 27 of the 65 residues of hirudin have contacts less than 4.0 A with thrombin (10 ion pairs and 23 hydrogen bonds). Such abundant interactions may account for the high affinity and specificity of hirudin...
- Intracellular GSH and ROS levels may be related to galactose-mediated human lens epithelial cell apoptosis: role of recombinant hirudin variant IIIYu Ou
School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjiaxiang, Nanjing 210009, China
Chem Biol Interact 179:103-9. 2009..rHV3 blocked the induction of cell death, apoptosis and oxidative stress in hLECs. One mechanism may be through regulating intracellular ROS and GSH levels to inhibit apoptosis of the human lens epithelial cells...
- Intracoronary bivalirudin for no reflow reversal: a second chance to treat this disorder?Bernardo Cortese
Interventional Cardiology, Ospedale della Misericordia, Grosseto, Italy
J Thromb Thrombolysis 28:74-6. 2009..We showed how bivalirudin, a drug whose use is increasing in the catheterization laboratories, could be safely used via the intracoronary route to treat no reflow phenomenon due to distal microembolization in a complex patient...
- Bivalirudin during primary PCI in acute myocardial infarctionGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2218-30. 2008..The safety and efficacy of bivalirudin in high-risk patients are unknown...
- Beyond unfractionated heparin and warfarin: current and future advancesJack Hirsh
Henderson Research Centre, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporatin, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 116:552-60. 2007
- Successful use of bivalirudin as anticoagulant for ECMO in a patient with acute HITAndreas Koster
Department of Anesthesia, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1865-7. 2007..Surgery was successfully performed with moderate intraoperative and postoperative blood loss and transfusion requirements...
- Economic evaluation of bivalirudin with provisional glycoprotein IIB/IIIA inhibition versus heparin with routine glycoprotein IIB/IIIA inhibition for percutaneous coronary intervention: results from the REPLACE-2 trialDavid J Cohen
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1792-800. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare the cost of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) using bivalirudin with provisional platelet glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa inhibition with that of heparin + routine GP IIb/IIIa inhibition...
- Pharmacology and clinical use of bivalirudinTina M Sciulli
College of Pharmacy, University of Toledo, OH 43606 3390, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:1028-41. 2002..To review the primary literature describing the pharmacology and clinical uses of bivalirudin...
- Clinical pharmacology of bivalirudinMichael D Reed
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:105S-111S. 2002..Similarly, switching from heparin to bivalirudin at the time of PCI reduces both ischemic and bleeding events...
- Bivalirudin provides rapid, effective, and reliable anticoagulation during off-pump coronary revascularization: results of the "EVOLUTION OFF" trialAndreas Koster
Department of Anesthesia, Deutsches Herzzentrum, Berlin, Germany
Anesth Analg 103:540-4. 2006..These results suggest that bivalirudin, given according to the current protocol, provides reliable and effective anticoagulation during off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery...
- Efficient expression and secretion of recombinant hirudin III in E. coli using the L-asparaginase II signal sequenceShuhua Tan
School of Biopharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjia Street, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Protein Expr Purif 25:430-6. 2002....
- Bivalirudin in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: a subgroup analysis from the Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage strategy (ACUITY) trialGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
Lancet 369:907-19. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess anticoagulation with the direct thrombin inhibitor bivalirudin during percutaneous coronary intervention in individuals with moderate and high-risk acute coronary syndromes...
- Bivalirudin for patients with acute coronary syndromesGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2203-16. 2006..We evaluated the role of thrombin-specific anticoagulation with bivalirudin in such patients...
- Potential use of hirudin in diabetic cataract: a study of galactose mediated human lens epithelial cells injuryYu Ou
School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Chem Biol Interact 173:141-7. 2008..These results demonstrated that rHV3 could effectively protect galactose-induced hLEC injury and suggested that it could have potential use in diabetic cataracts...
- Robust preparative-scale extracellular production of hirudin in Escherichia coli and its purification and characterizationCuicui Huang
State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, People s Republic of China
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 39:1487-94. 2012..Taken together, the rHV3 produced in multigram quantities in E. coli by this bioprocess meets the regulatory criteria for biopharmaceuticals and can be used as a drug candidate for preclinical studies...
- Current status of the anticoagulant hirudin: its biotechnological production and clinical practiceJ H Sohn
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yusong, Taejon
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 57:606-13. 2001..After 10 years of clinical applications, two recombinant hirudins and a hirudin analogue have gained marketing approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration, for ..
- Antithrombin activity of a peptide corresponding to residues 54-75 of heparin cofactor IIG L Hortin
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 264:13979-82. 1989..HCII(54-75) probably binds to the same site on thrombin as do carboxyl-terminal residues of hirudins, thrombin inhibitors of leeches...
- Protective effect of recombinant hirudin variant III against galactose-mediated rat lens epithelial cell damageYu Ou
School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Curr Eye Res 37:187-94. 2012..In this study, we applied similar methodology to primary rat lens epithelial cells (rLECs) to see whether the same effect and mechanism remain...
- A novel hirudin derivative characterized with anti-platelet aggregations and thrombin inhibitionWei Mo
The Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Ministry of Education, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Thromb Thrombolysis 28:230-7. 2009..It is a powerful and specific thrombin inhibitor. Peptides containing the RGD motif competitively inhibit the binding of fibrinogen to GP IIb/IIIa on the platelets, thus inhibiting platelet aggregation...
- Antithrombotic therapy to support primary PCIDavid A Morrow
N Engl J Med 358:2280-2. 2008
- The NMR solution structure of recombinant RGD-hirudinXia Song
Center of Analysis and Measurement, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:103-8. 2007..The structure of residues 3-30 and 37-48 form a molecular core with two antiparallel beta-sheets as the other two hirudins. However, significant differences were found in the surface electrostatic charge distributions among the three ..
- Bivalirudin is a dual inhibitor of thrombin and collagen-dependent platelet activation in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionCarey Kimmelstiel
The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 4:171-9. 2011..We tested the hypothesis that bivalirudin acts as an antiplatelet agent in PCI patients by preventing activation of PARs on the platelet surface...
- Bivalent direct thrombin inhibitors: hirudin and bivalirudinTheodore E Warkentin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, and Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program, Hamilton General Site, Hamilton Health Sciences, Ont, Canada L8L 2X2
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 17:105-25. 2004..Further work is required to define the scope of clinical thrombosis problems that could benefit from these novel agents...
- Unfractionated heparin administration in patients treated with bivalirudin during primary percutaneous coronary intervention is associated lower mortality and target lesion thrombosis: a report from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty RegistrMichael Koutouzis
Department of Cardiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 4 Bruna straket, 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
Heart 97:1484-8. 2011..However, the effect of adding UFH in patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) treated with bivalirudin during primary PCI is unknown...
- Use of anticoagulant agents and risk of bleeding among patients admitted with myocardial infarction: a report from the NCDR ACTION Registry--GWTG (National Cardiovascular Data Registry Acute Coronary Treatment and Intervention Outcomes Network Registry--GMitul B Kadakia
TIMI Study Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 3:1166-77. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate anticoagulant use patterns and bleeding risk in a contemporary population of patients with acute coronary syndrome...
- Safety and effectiveness of bivalirudin in routine care of patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionJeremy A Rassen
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Eur Heart J 31:561-72. 2010..Trials have indicated that bivalirudin is non-inferior to heparin with respect to death and repeat revascularization and may decrease the risk of major bleeds. The use of bivalirudin in routine care has not been evaluated...
- Bivalirudin pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics: effect of renal function, dose, and genderRichard Robson
Department of Nephrology, Christchurch Hospital, New Zealand
Clin Pharmacol Ther 71:433-9. 2002..These studies were conducted to determine whether bivalirudin clearance and pharmacodynamics are dependent on dose, renal function, or gender...
- Bivalirudin and provisional glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade compared with heparin and planned glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade during percutaneous coronary intervention: REPLACE-2 randomized trialA Michael Lincoff
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Desk F25, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
JAMA 289:853-63. 2003....
- Recombinant hirudin treatment modulates aquaporin-4 and aquaporin-9 expression after intracerebral hemorrhage in vivoZhe Sun
Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:1119-27. 2009..The data presented here may be helpful in optimizing r-Hirudin as an anti-thrombin drug in the treatment of edema at the acute stage of ICH...
- Heparin plus a glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor versus bivalirudin monotherapy and paclitaxel-eluting stents versus bare-metal stents in acute myocardial infarction (HORIZONS-AMI): final 3-year results from a multicentre, randomised controlled trialGregg W Stone
New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10022, USA
Lancet 377:2193-204. 2011..Primary results of the HORIZONS-AMI trial have been previously reported. In this final report, we aimed to assess 3-year outcomes...
- Bivalirudin versus unfractionated heparin during percutaneous coronary interventionAdnan Kastrati
Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat, Munich, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:688-96. 2008..Whether bivalirudin is superior to unfractionated heparin in patients with stable or unstable angina who undergo percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) after pretreatment with clopidogrel is unknown...
- A randomized trial to evaluate the relative protection against post-percutaneous coronary intervention microvascular dysfunction, ischemia, and inflammation among antiplatelet and antithrombotic agents: the PROTECT-TIMI-30 trialC Michael Gibson
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2364-73. 2006....
- Bivalirudin in patients undergoing primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction (HORIZONS-AMI): 1-year results of a randomised controlled trialRoxana Mehran
Columbia University Medical Center New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY, USA
Lancet 374:1149-59. 2009..Here, we assess whether these initial benefits were maintained at 1 year of follow-up...
- Crystal structure of a biosynthetic sulfo-hirudin complexed to thrombinChang C Liu
Department of Chemistry and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:10648-9. 2007
- Lack of clopidogrel pretreatment effect on the relative efficacy of bivalirudin with provisional glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade compared to heparin with routine glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade: a REPLACE-2 substudyJacqueline Saw
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1194-9. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assess if clopidogrel pretreatment affects the relative efficacy of bivalirudin versus heparin with glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa blockade for percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI)...
- The Harmonizing Outcomes with RevasculariZatiON and Stents in Acute Myocardial Infarction (HORIZONS-AMI) Trial: study design and rationaleRoxana Mehran
Columbia University Medical Center and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am Heart J 156:44-56. 2008..Newer pharmacologic agents and drug-eluting stents may address both of these issues...
- Long-term efficacy of bivalirudin and provisional glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade vs heparin and planned glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade during percutaneous coronary revascularization: REPLACE-2 randomized trialA Michael Lincoff
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
JAMA 292:696-703. 2004....
- Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage strategY (ACUITY) trial: study design and rationaleGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center, Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
Am Heart J 148:764-75. 2004..Pilot trials suggest that the thrombin-specific anticoagulant bivalirudin may improve clinical outcomes in ACS...
- Bivalirudin versus heparin during coronary angioplasty for unstable or postinfarction angina: Final report reanalysis of the Bivalirudin Angioplasty StudyJ A Bittl
Ocala Heart Institute, Munroe Regional Medical Center, Ocala, FL 34474, USA
Am Heart J 142:952-9. 2001..This study was a reanalysis of the Bivalirudin Angioplasty Study, which compared bivalirudin with high-dose heparin during coronary angioplasty for unstable angina...
- Impact of bivalirudin therapy in high-risk patients with acute myocardial infarction: 1-year results from the HORIZONS-AMI (Harmonizing Outcomes with RevasculariZatiON and Stents in Acute Myocardial Infarction) trialGuido Parodi
Division of Cardiology Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 3:796-802. 2010..This study sought to assess the relationship between 1-year mortality and baseline patient risk in the HORIZONS-AMI (Harmonizing Outcomes with RevasculariZatiON and Stents in Acute Myocardial Infarction) trial...
- Bivalirudin: an anticoagulant option for percutaneous coronary interventionEric R Bates
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Michigan Medical Center, TC B1 238, Box 0311, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0022, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 2:153-62. 2004....
- Antithrombotic strategies in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing early invasive management: one-year results from the ACUITY trialGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, New York 10022, USA
JAMA 298:2497-506. 2007....
- A comparison of bivalirudin to heparin with protamine reversal in patients undergoing cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass: the EVOLUTION-ON studyCornelius M Dyke
Carolina Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Associates, Gaston Memorial Hospital, Gastonia, NC 28056, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:533-9. 2006..This trial was performed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of bivalirudin as an alternative to heparin with protamine reversal in on-pump cardiac surgery...
- The role of recombinant hirudins in the management of thrombotic disordersKarl Georg Fischer
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
BioDrugs 18:235-68. 2004..Recombinant technology now allows production of recombinant hirudins (r-hirudins), which are available in sufficient purity and quantity with essentially unaltered thrombin-..
- Clinical outcomes of bivalirudin for ischemic heart diseaseD F Kong
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Circulation 100:2049-53. 1999..We conducted a systematic overview (meta-analysis) to assess the effect of bivalirudin on 4 end points: death, myocardial infarction, major hemorrhage, and the composite of death or infarction...
- Bivalirudin, blood loss, and graft patency in coronary artery bypass surgeryAlan F Merry
University of Auckland and Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Semin Thromb Hemost 30:337-46. 2004..A larger study is needed to investigate the impact of improved graft patency on other clinical outcomes after cardiac surgery...
- Relationship between activated clotting time and ischemic or hemorrhagic complications: analysis of 4 recent randomized clinical trials of percutaneous coronary interventionSorin J Brener
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Circulation 110:994-8. 2004..Despite significant pharmacological and mechanical advancements in PCI, uncertainty remains about the optimal activated clotting time (ACT) for prevention of ischemic or hemorrhagic complications...
- Role of Hirudin-like factor Va heavy chain sequences in prothrombinase functionRaffaella Toso
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 281:8773-9. 2006....
- Plasma-modified ACT can be used to monitor bivalirudin (Angiomax) anticoagulation for on-pump cardiopulmonary bypass surgery in a patient with heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaKarim Jabr
Cardiovascular Perfusion Services, The Medical Center of Central Georgia, Macon, Georgia 31201 2155, USA
J Extra Corpor Technol 36:174-7. 2004....
- Anticoagulation with bivalirudin during percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionJoseph F Stella
Heart Care Centers of Illinois, Interventional Cardiology Division, 2338 New Street, Blue Island, IL, 60406, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 16:451-4. 2004....
- Comparison of bivalirudin versus heparin during percutaneous coronary intervention (the Randomized Evaluation of PCI Linking Angiomax to Reduced Clinical Events [REPLACE]-1 trial)A Michael Lincoff
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:1092-6. 2004..52). This trial represents the largest prospective dataset of bivalirudin administered concomitantly with planned GP IIb/IIIa blockade and provides evidence of the safety and efficacy of this combined antithrombotic approach...
- Bivalirudin versus heparin and protamine in off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryAlan F Merry
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Ann Thorac Surg 77:925-31; discussion 931. 2004..We also assessed flow with angiography at 3 months using a modified Thombolysis in Myocardial Infarction (TIMI) grade in the grafted coronary arteries...
- A control switch for prothrombinase: characterization of a hirudin-like pentapeptide from the COOH terminus of factor Va heavy chain that regulates the rate and pathway for prothrombin activationMichael A Bukys
Department of Chemistry, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:39194-204. 2006..Our data demonstrate that pentapeptide DYDYQ has opposing effects on membrane-bound factor Xa for prothrombin cleavage, depending on the incorporation of factor Va in prothrombinase...
- Bivalirudin with planned or provisional abciximab versus low-dose heparin and abciximab during percutaneous coronary revascularization: results of the Comparison of Abciximab Complications with Hirulog for Ischemic Events Trial (CACHET)A Michael Lincoff
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 143:847-53. 2002..This agent has not yet been tested with stenting or in combination with platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa antagonists...
- Complement component C3 binds to activated normal platelets without preceding proteolytic activation and promotes binding to complement receptor 1Osama A Hamad
Division of Clinical Immunology, Rudbeck Laboratory C5, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Immunol 184:2686-92. 2010..However, the generation of C3(H(2)O) represents nonproteolytic activation of C3 and after factor I cleavage may act as a ligand for receptor binding...
- Effect of thrombin inhibitors and a glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor antagonist in an ex vivo human experimental thrombosis modelK Zokai
First Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Mannheim, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 27:531-6. 2001....
- Thrombin-specific anticoagulation with bivalirudin versus heparin in patients receiving fibrinolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: the HERO-2 randomised trialH White
Cardiology Department, Green Lane Hospital, Auckland 1030, New Zealand
Lancet 358:1855-63. 2001..We did a randomised, open-label trial to compare the thrombin-specific anticoagulant, bivalirudin, with heparin in patients undergoing fibrinolysis with streptokinase for acute myocardial infarction...
- Comparison of bivalirudin, enoxaparin, and unfractionated heparin in preventing cardiac catheter thrombosis. Results of an in-vitro studyLars Maegdefessel
Department of Medicine III, Martin Luther University, Ernst Grube Strasse 40, Halle, Germany
Thromb Haemost 100:693-8. 2008..Bivalirudin given as a bolus was not sufficient to prevent cardiac catheter thrombosis in our in-vitro study. However, a continuous infusion of bivalirudin had similar anti-thrombotic efficacy compared to other treatment strategies...
- Randomized, double-blind comparison of hirulog versus heparin in patients receiving streptokinase and aspirin for acute myocardial infarction (HERO). Hirulog Early Reperfusion/Occlusion (HERO) Trial InvestigatorsH D White
Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Circulation 96:2155-61. 1997..Thrombin generated during thrombolytic administration may reduce the efficacy of thrombolysis. A direct thrombin inhibitor may improve early patency rates...
- Effects of ximelagatran, an oral direct thrombin inhibitor, r-hirudin and enoxaparin on thrombin generation and platelet activation in healthy male subjectsTroy C Sarich
AstraZeneca LP, DCC2 W1 345, 1800 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19850, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:557-64. 2003..The effects of ximelagatran, an oral direct thrombin inhibitor (DTI), recombinant hirudin (r-hirudin) and enoxaparin on thrombin generation and platelet activation were studied in humans...
- Effect of anemia on hemorrhagic complications and mortality following percutaneous coronary interventionMichele D Voeltz
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:1513-7. 2007....
- Association of prerandomization anticoagulant switching with bleeding in the setting of percutaneous coronary intervention (A REPLACE-2 analysis)C Michael Gibson
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:1687-90. 2007....
- The anticoagulant therapy with bivalirudin to assist in the performance of percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (ATBAT) study: main resultsKenneth W Mahaffey
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 15:611-6. 2003..Bivalirudin appeared safe and provided effective anticoagulation during PCI. These data, and extensive experience with bivalirudin in PCI, support its use in high-risk patients with HIT requiring PCI...
- Clinical utility of subcutaneous hirudinsSteven R Deitcher
Section of Hematology and Coagulation Medicine, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk R 35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:S27-31. 2003The clinical utility of subcutaneous hirudins is discussed. The term "hirudins" refers to a class of antithrombotic agents structurally derived from the medicinal leech salivary protein hirudin...
- The safety of a bivalirudin-based approach in patients undergoing rotational atherectomyHitinder S Gurm
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0311, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:225-8. 2007....
- Use of bivalirudin as the foundation anticoagulant during percutaneous peripheral interventionsAvichai Eres
Kentucky Cardiology, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:125-8. 2006....
- Bioline heparin-coated ECMO with bivalirudin anticoagulation in a patient with acute heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: the immune reaction appeared to continue unabatedF Pappalardo
Department of Cardiovascular Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Vita Salute University, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Perfusion 24:135-7. 2009..No data are available in the literature on the pathophysiology and clinical implications of performing prolonged extracorporeal membrane oxygenation with a heparin-coated system in a patient with acute HIT treated with bivalirudin...
- Anticoagulation with bivalirudin for off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: the results of the EVOLUTION-OFF studyNicholas G Smedira
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:686-92. 2006..This trial was performed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of bivalirudin in off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting...
- Bivalirudin vs heparin in percutaneous coronary intervention: a pooled analysisRamin Ebrahimi
University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, West Los Angeles VA, Los Angeles, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 10:209-16. 2005..This study evaluates outcomes with bivalirudin vs heparin in various patient subgroups and the overall population during percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI)...
- Switching from Enoxaparin to Bivalirudin in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes without ST-segment Elevation who Undergo Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Results from SWITCH--a multicenter clinical trialRon Waksman
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:370-5. 2006..This study was designed to examine the safety of switching from enoxaparin to bivalirudin in these patients...
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, tolerability and safety of single doses of bivalirudin in healthy chinese subjectsDongmei Zhang
Department of Pharmacy, Base for Clinical Trial, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Biol Pharm Bull 34:1841-8. 2011..The findings of this study suggest that the same dosing regimens of bivalirudin may be administered to Chinese and Caucasian patients. Ongoing and future studies in large populations may add further information...
- Comparison of platelet function and morphology in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention receiving bivalirudin versus unfractionated heparin versus clopidogrel pretreatment and bivalirudinSunil X Anand
The Zena and Michael A Weiner Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:417-24. 2007..These data suggest that bivalirudin and UFH may confer an anti-inflammatory effect by reducing sCD40L during PCI...
- Bivalirudin in percutaneous coronary interventionSam J Lehman
Department of Medicine, Flinders University, South Australia, Australia
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:357-63. 2006..There are now data from multiple clinical trials and meta-analyses in the setting of ACS and PCI. Early results from the acute catheterization and urgent intervention strategy (ACUITY) trial are discussed...
- Direct thrombin inhibitors: pharmacology and clinical relevanceP C A Kam
Department of Anaesthesia, University of New South Wales, St George Hospital, Kogarah, NSW 2217, Australia
Anaesthesia 60:565-74. 2005..The mechanism of action, the properties of direct thrombin inhibitors and their potential to replace currently available anticoagulants are reviewed...
- Bivalirudin as a replacement for unfractionated heparin in unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: observations from the TIMI 8 trial. The Thrombolysis in Myocardial InfarctionElliott M Antman
TIMI Study Group and the Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Am Heart J 143:229-34. 2002....
- Overproduction of 15N-labeled r-RGD-hirudin in pichia pastoris for NMR studiesJue Wang
Center of Analysis and Measurement, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Protein Pept Lett 17:1228-33. 2010..Heteronuclear NMR of the (15)N-labeled r-RGD-hirudin was performed for the first time, and all signals in the heteronuclear single quantum coherence (HSQC) spectrum were successfully assigned...
- BivalirudinTheodore E Warkentin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine, McMaster Unniversity, Hamilton, Ontario, L8L 2X2 Canada
Thromb Haemost 99:830-9. 2008....
- Impact of diabetes mellitus on the safety and effectiveness of bivalirudin in patients with acute myocardial infarction undergoing primary angioplasty: analysis from the HORIZONS-AMI (Harmonizing Outcomes with RevasculariZatiON and Stents in Acute MyocardBernhard Witzenbichler
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 4:760-8. 2011....
- The Angiomax Peripheral Procedure Registry of Vascular Events Trial (APPROVE): in-hospital and 30-day resultsDavid E Allie
Cardiovascular Institute of the South Lafayette, 2730 Ambassador Caffery Parkway, Lafayette, LA 70506, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 16:651-6. 2004..We undertook this study to assess the safety and efficacy of bivalirudin as the procedural anticoagulant in patients undergoing PPI of the renal, iliac, or femoral artery...
- Value of monitoring activated clotting time when bivalirudin is used as the sole anticoagulation agent for percutaneous coronary interventionEdouard Cheneau
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:789-92. 2004....
- Bivalirudin compared with IIb/IIIa inhibitors in patients with in-stent restenosis undergoing intracoronary brachytherapyPramod Kuchulakanti
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC 20010, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 6:154-9. 2005..The aim of the study was to compare bivalirudin with eptifibatide in patients with in-stent restenosis (ISR) undergoing PCI and VBT...
- Effect of bivalirudin on length of stay in the recovery area after percutaneous coronary intervention compared with heparin alone, heparin + abciximab, or heparin + eptifibatideJeffrey M Schussler
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Baylor University Medical Center, Jack and Jane Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:1417-9. 2004..0005). Patients who received bivalirudin took significantly less time for the activated clotting time (ACT) to normalize despite significantly higher average ACTs and significantly fewer subtherapeutic ACTs...
- Continuous haemofiltration with r-hirudin (lepirudin) as anticoagulant in a patient with heparin induced thrombocytopenia (HIT II)T Schneider
II Department of Internal Medicine, Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Bruder, Trier, Federal Republic of Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 112:552-5. 2000..Monitoring anticoagulation by measuring the increase of aPTT (factor 1.5-2.0) seems to be safe. However, optimally the r-hirudin concentration should be measured directly using the Ecarin clotting time...
- Bivalirudin provides increasing benefit with decreasing renal function: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsDerek P Chew
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Am J Cardiol 92:919-23. 2003..001, interaction p = 0.044). Renal dysfunction remains a prevalent risk factor for ischemic and bleeding events in patients who undergo PCI. Bivalirudin provides greater absolute benefit in patients with impaired renal function...
- Hirudin in heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaNorbert Lubenow
Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 28:431-8. 2002..Whereas hirudins have not yet managed to gain importance in non-HIT indications such as unstable coronary syndromes, they have a ..
- Use of lepirudin in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and renal failure requiring hemodialysisW E Dager
Department of Pharmaceutical Services, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817 2201, USA
Ann Pharmacother 35:885-90. 2001..To report two cases of successful lepirudin use in two patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) and renal failure...
- Bivalirudin versus heparin and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibition among patients with renal impairment undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (a subanalysis of the REPLACE-2 trial)Derek P Chew
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
Am J Cardiol 95:581-5. 2005..The safety and efficacy of bivalirudin compared with heparin and planned glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibition in this high-risk group are comparable and consistent with the results of the overall trial...
- A safety and feasibility report of combined direct thrombin and GP IIb/IIIa inhibition with bivalirudin and tirofiban in peripheral vascular disease intervention: treating critical limb ischemia like acute coronary syndromeDavid E Allie
Cardiovascular Institute of the South, Houma, LA, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 17:427-32. 2005..Whitehouse Station, New Jersey) an attractive anticoagulation strategy in the PPI treatment of critical limb ischemia (CLI)...
- Use of recombinant hirudin in heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis (HITT) and renal failure--a case reportS Whelen
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
Angiology 52:711-5. 2001..The platelets returned to normal within a few days. The patient was transitioned to coumadin and discharged from the hospital. She remains stable at 1-year follow-up...
- Effectiveness of the concomitant use of bivalirudin and drug-eluting stents (from the prospective, multicenter BivAlirudin and Drug-Eluting STents [ADEST] study)George Dangas
Columbia University Medical Center and Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:659-63. 2005..Thus, use of bivalirudin as the procedural anticoagulant to support SES implantation in a "real world" population of patients undergoing PCI results in low rates of major adverse cardiac events, stent thrombosis, and major bleeding...
- Thrombin-directed inhibitors: pharmacology and clinical useC Michael White
University of Connecticut, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, Conn 06102 5037, USA
Am Heart J 149:S54-60. 2005
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in intensive care patientsKathleen Selleng
Department of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care Med 35:1165-76. 2007....
- Platelet protagonist/antagonist: understanding the distinguishing characteristics of anticoagulantsDavid J Schneider
Cardiology Unit, Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 7:S3-11. 2006..Pharmacologic concentrations of a direct thrombin inhibitor, bivalirudin, inhibit thrombin-induced activation of platelets to a greater extent than pharmacologic concentrations of unfractionated heparin...
- Percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with acute coronary syndrome: focus on bivalirudinRavi K Ramana
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60647, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:493-505. 2008....
- Use of bivalirudin to prevent thrombosis following orthotopic liver transplantation in a patient with Budd-Chiari syndrome and a history of heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaBrent A Anderegg
Department of Pharmacy Services, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:277-82. 2008..This observation is an important consideration in the attempt to maintain an optimal balance between effective anticoagulation and a reduced risk of postoperative bleeding...
- Differential effects of direct thrombin inhibitors and antithrombin-dependent anticoagulants on the dynamics of clot formationGuy Young
Department of Hematology, Children s Hospital of Orange County, Orange, California 92868, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:97-103. 2007..The reduced bleeding reported with DTIs versus heparin may relate to the fact that clots form with normal rigidity and elasticity...
- Delayed thrombin generation is not associated with fibrinopeptide formation during prolonged cardiopulmonary bypass with hirudin anticoagulationD Belway
Department of Cardiovascular Perfusion, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Perfusion 21:259-62. 2006..In this report, we describe the efficacy of this drug to prevent thrombin-mediated fibrin formation during CPB...
- Antons syndrome in a patient with type-2 heparin-induced thrombocytopaenia (HIT)H Krovvidi
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:1029-30. 2008
- Alternative anticoagulation management strategies for the patient with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia undergoing cardiac surgeryGlenn S Murphy
Department of Anesthesiology, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:113-26. 2007
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUMESH RAMANLAL DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..current anticoagulation therapy, molecules radically different from all the current agents (heparins, warfarins, hirudins, and peptidomimetics) should be discovered...
- Mechanisms of Pro-Thrombosis in Diabetes MellitusDavid Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, these results will define the importance of prothrombotic potential in diabetic subjects while potentially identifying new therapeutic targets in patients with diabetes and other insulin resistant states. ..
- Dose-finding, pharmacokinetic, safety and efficacy of bivalirudin in childrenGuy Young; Fiscal Year: 2009..More modern therapies are available but have not been systematically tested in children. This study will determine whether one such medication, bivalirudin is a safer and more effective alterative. ..
- FONDAPARINUM IN CHILDREN WITH THROMBOSISGuy Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pharmacokinetic analyses as well as safety and efficacy determinations will be made which will provide valuable information on this new anticoagulant for pediatric patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hospital Integration and Medicare Reimbursement PolicyDaniel Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microglial activation by serum factorsTHOMAS MOELLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will contribute to our understanding of CPPD deposition disease, so that effective therapies for this common and disabling form of arthritis can be designed. ..
- Fluorogenic Assays for Factor Vlla and Tissue FactorRICHARD JENNY; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is anticipated that by the end of the Phase-ll project period these assays will be ready to market for research and pre-clinical applications. ..
- Matrix proteins promote matrix vesicle mineralizationAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to understand the pathogenesis of calcium crystal formation in articular cartilage, so that specific therapies for this disabling disease can be designed. ..
- Consensus Conference GrantKathryn Hassell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Manufacturing Process for Albumin-ICG Solder & Denatured Albumin ScaffoldYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Blood conservation by reducing transfusion requirements. 4) Can be used laparoscopically for elective surgeries on liver and kidney. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signals in Collapse-Induced Branching and DefasciculatioROGER DAVENPORT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together the results will lend valuable insight into fundamental mechanisms that regulate neuronal development. ..
- A Global Test of Hemostatic RiskRICHARD JENNY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, this test may facilitate the administration and monitoring of individualized therapeutic treatment regimens in the thrombotic and hemorrhagic patient populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GLOBAL ANALYSIS OF TECHNOLOGICAL CHANGE IN HEALTH CAREDaniel Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..