Genomes and Genes
recombinant granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factors
Summary: Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factors prepared by recombinant DNA technology.
Publications160 found, 100 shown here
- Potential roles of extracellular signal-regulated kinase but not p38 during myeloid differentiation of U937 cells stimulated by cytokines: augmentation of differentiation via prolonged activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinaseEmiko Okuma
Department of Hematology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Hematol 30:571-81. 2002....
- Transduction of CD34+ cells with lentiviral vectors enables the production of large quantities of transgene-expressing immature and mature dendritic cellsP Salmon
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
J Gene Med 3:311-20. 2001..CONCLUSION: The transduction of a small number of CD34+ cells with minimal doses of lentivector may allow for the production of a large number of DC expressing selected antigens useful for immunotherapy...
- Hematopoietic growth factors in myelodysplastic syndromesVictoria S Blinder
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Starr Building, Room 340A, 520 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Hematol Rep 2:453-8. 2003..This paper reviews the role of hematopoietic growth factors in the treatment of MDS...
- Thrombopoietin stimulates ex vivo expansion of mature neutrophils in the early stages of differentiationY Terada
Clinical Hematology and Clinical Diagnostics, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, 545 8585 Osaka, Japan
Ann Hematol 82:671-6. 2003..These results suggest that TPO regulates the proliferation and differentiation of neutrophils in the early stages, but not the late stages, of differentiation...
- Functional repertoire of dendritic cells generated in granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor and interferon-alphaSilvia Della Bella
Dipartmento di Scienze e Technologie Biomediche, Cattedra di Immunologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, L I T A, Via Fratelli Cervi 93, 20090 Segrate, Milan, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 75:106-16. 2004....
- IFN-alpha promotes the rapid differentiation of monocytes from patients with chronic myeloid leukemia into activated dendritic cells tuned to undergo full maturation after LPS treatmentLucia Gabriele
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Laboratory of Virology, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Blood 103:980-7. 2004....
- Use of myeloid colony-stimulating factors in neonates with septicemiaHilton M Bernstein
University of South Florida Children s Research Institute, All Children s Hospital, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 14:91-4. 2002..However, the body of clinical evidence is currently not sufficient to recommend rhG-CSF or rhGM-CSF administration confidently as routine adjunctive treatment for neonates with sepsis...
- Use of hematopoietic growth factors in elderly patients receiving cytotoxic chemotherapyC Bokemeyer
Abteilung Hamatologie, Onkologie, Rheumatologie und Immunologie, Medizinische Universitätsklinik Tübingen, Germany
Onkologie 25:32-9. 2002....
- The role of colony-stimulating factors and granulocyte transfusion in treatment options for neutropenia in children with cancerDer Cherng Liang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Paediatr Drugs 5:673-84. 2003..Granulocyte transfusion has shown promising results in treating children with severe neutropenic infection; however, controlled trials are warranted to clarify the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of this procedure...
- Notch ligands, Delta-1 and Delta-4 suppress the self-renewal capacity and long-term growth of two myeloblastic leukemia cell linesShuji Tohda
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Int J Oncol 22:1073-9. 2003..If the Notch system in AML cells is precisely understood, the control of Notch activation will become a novel therapeutic approach for AML...
- Large volume leukapheresis in small children: safety profile and variables affecting peripheral blood progenitor cell collectionJ Sevilla
Hospital Infantil Universitario Nino Jesus, Madrid, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:263-7. 2003..0001). In all, 77% of patients achieved the target CD34(+) cell dose of 2 x 10(6)/kg in their first apheresis. Recruitment was seen in 72% of the procedures, and this was related to the total blood volume processed (P=0.0005)...
- Generation of antigen-loaded dendritic cells in a serum-free medium using different cytokine combinationsTomas Buchler
Department of Clinical Hematology, Masaryk University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Vaccine 21:877-82. 2003..The cultured cells expressed the mature immunophenotype. No significant differences in cell yield or immunophenotype were detected when comparing different cytokine combinations...
- A phase I study of the GM-CSF antagonist E21RIan N Olver
Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 50:171-8. 2002..E21R is a competitive inhibitor of GM-CSF. This is the initial clinical study to investigate the safety, toxicity and pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of E21R...
- Hematopoietic management in oncology practice. Part 1. Myeloid growth factorsJohn A Glaspy
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:1593-603. 2003..In randomized trials, rhG-CSF has consistently decreased the duration of neutropenia during all cycles of chemotherapy and reduced the risk of infection by 50% or more. Trials of rhGM-CSF have not reported consistent results...
- Infusion of unpulsed dendritic cells derived from granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor-mobilized peripheral blood CD34+ cells and monocytes in patients with advanced carcinomaPierre L Triozzi
The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:279-87. 2003..The infusion of these dendritic cells has nonspecific immunomodulatory activity that may have clinical significance...
- [Rational therapy with hematopoetic growth factors (G-CSF, GM-CSF) for patients in neutropenia]C Kahl
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie, Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin, Universitat Rostock, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1473-8. 2002
- Regulatory balance between the immune response of tumor antigen-specific T-cell receptor gene-transduced CD8 T cells and the suppressive effects of tolerogenic dendritic cellsShin ichiro Fujii
Research Unit for Cellular Immunotherapy, Research Center for Allergy and Immunology RCAI, RIKEN, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:897-902. 2005....
- [Hematopoietic growth factors and autologous or allogeneic stem cell transplantation]Jacques Olivier Bay
Unité de Transplantation Médullaire, Centre Jean Perrin, 58, rue Montalembert, 63000 Clermont Ferrand
Bull Cancer 93:473-82. 2006..The new long acting growth factors such as pegfilgrastim are still under evaluation and their use in mobilization seems promising...
- MHC II+ CD45+ cells from synovium-rich tissues of normal rats: phenotype, comparison with macrophage and dendritic cell lineages and differentiation into mature dendritic cells in vitroMahin Moghaddami
Arthritis Research Laboratory, Hanson Institute for Medical Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Int Immunol 17:1103-15. 2005..These results demonstrate that SRTs contain indeterminate cells that can differentiate into mature DCs in vitro in response to GM-CSF, plus mature synovial lining macrophages...
- Clinical use of subcutaneous G-CSF or GM-CSF in malignancyMary L Disis
Center for Translational Medicine in Women s Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 91809, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 19:5-9. 2005
- [Recommendation for using granulocyte and granulocyte-macrophage growth factor during anti-cancer therapy in children]Walentyna Balwierz
Klinika Onkologii i Hematologii, Polsko Amerykanskiego Instytutu Pediatrii, Collegium Medicum, Uniwersytetu Jagiellohrskiego w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 63:1-6. 2006....
- Dendritic cells: emerging roles in tumor immunotherapyPatricia C Buchsel
College of Nursing, Seattle University, Washington, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 10:629-40. 2006..Oncology nurses need to be knowledgeable regarding new therapies. Using knowledge gained through reading professional journals and self-education, nurses can inform patients of new therapies, which may increase patients' hope...
- [In vitro cultivation of dendritic cells with serum-free medium]Huai Dong Zhang
Department of Hematology, Shanton Central Hospital, Shanton 310003, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 14:985-9. 2006..DC cultured and induced by serum-free medium is worth using in practice widely...
- A randomized trial comparing the combination of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for mobilization of dendritic cell subsets in hematopoietic progenitorSagar Lonial
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:848-57. 2004....
- [In vitro anti-tumor effect of CTL induced by HSP70-Id complex-modified dendritic cells]Zhi Hua Wang
Department of Urology, Tongii Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 28:481-5. 2006....
- TGFbeta-dependent gene expression profile during maturation of dendritic cellsO Fainaru
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Genes Immun 8:239-44. 2007..This finding supports the possibility that TGFbeta-dependent inhibition of CCR7 expression in DC is mediated by PPARgamma...
- Inflammation-associated cell cycle-independent block of apoptosis by survivin in terminally differentiated neutrophilsFrank Altznauer
Dept of Pharmacology, University of Bern, Friedbuhlstrasse 49, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Exp Med 199:1343-54. 2004..These data provide new insights into the regulation and function of survivin and have important implications for the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of inflammatory diseases and cancer...
- Influence of preapheresis clinical factors on the efficiency of CD34+ cell collection by large-volume apheresisC Sarkodee-Adoo
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:851-5. 2003..Leukapheresis appears to be safe and efficient for autologous blood and marrow transplantation patients with hematocrit >27% and platelet count >30 000/microl...
- Harvesting peripheral blood stem cells from healthy donors on 4th day of cytokine mobilizationSang Kyun Sohn
Department of Hematology Oncology, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, South Korea
J Clin Apher 18:186-9. 2003....
- Mobilizing stem cells from normal donors: is it possible to improve upon G-CSF?A F Cashen
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:577-88. 2007..Here, we review the current state of stem cell mobilization in normal donors and discuss novel strategies for donor stem cell mobilization...
- Immunomodulation, part II: granulocyte colony-stimulating factorsSusan Givens Bell
University of South Florida, Tampa, USA
Neonatal Netw 25:65-70. 2006..The next part of this series will explore the use of intravenous immunoglobulins to prevent and treat neonatal sepsis...
- Hemophagocytosis exacerbated by G-CSF/GM-CSF treatment in a patient with myelodysplasiaSa Wang
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Hematol 77:391-6. 2004..We propose that myeloid growth factors may be detrimental in patients with MDS-associated hemophagocytosis...
- Engraftment syndrome after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplant supported by granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) versus granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)M Akasheh
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:113-6. 2003..It suggests that it might be advantageous to administer only G-CSF in breast cancer patients undergoing AHSCT to reduce ES-related morbidity...
- The effect of leptin on engraftment in patients undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantationSelmin Ataergin
Department of Internal Medicine, Bone Marrow Transplantation Center, Gulhane School of Medicine, 06018 Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Haematologia (Budap) 32:389-96. 2002..Thirty-two patients (19 male, 13 female) with various hematological and solid tumors and 28 healthy subjects (15 male, 13 female) as a control group were enrolled in the study...
- Eicosapentaenoic acid inhibits CSF-induced human monocyte survival and maturation into macrophage through the stimulation of H2O2 productionSachiyo Terada
Division of Clinical Nutrition, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Tokyo, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 71:981-6. 2002..Such an apoptosis inducing effect on monocytes by EPA may contribute to the efficacy of EPA in atherosclerosis and autoimmune diseases...
- C-kit positive porcine bone marrow progenitor cells identified and enriched using recombinant stem cell factorArtur Summerfield
Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis, Sensemattstrasse 293, CH 3147 Mittelhäusern, Switzerland
J Immunol Methods 280:113-23. 2003..Using magnetic or fluorescence-activated cell sorting, SCF-ligating BMHC were enriched for pluripotent progenitor cells. In this manner, porcine haematological studies can be pursued in a detailed manner not before possible...
- Immature dendritic cells (CD11c+ CD3- B220- cells) present in mouse peripheral bloodYasushi Adachi
First Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi City, Osaka, Japan
Immunobiology 206:354-67. 2002..Moreover, they migrate into the spleen when they are injected intravenously. These results suggest that CD11c+ CD3- B220- cells in the PBMCs are immature DCs, and that they migrate into the spleen, where they mature...
- Selective induction of dendritic cells using granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor, but not fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor 3-ligand, activates thyroglobulin-specific CD4+/CD25+ T cells and suppresses experimental autoimmune thyroiditisChenthamarakshan Vasu
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 170:5511-22. 2003..These results indicate that skewing immune response toward Th2, through selective activation of dendritic cells using GM-CSF, may have therapeutic potential in Th1 dominant autoimmune diseases including Hashimoto's thyroiditis...
- Critical roles of interferon regulatory factor 4 in CD11bhighCD8alpha- dendritic cell developmentShoichi Suzuki
Department of Host Defense Biochemistry, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 12 4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8981-6. 2004..These results imply that IRF-4 and IRF-8 selectively play critical roles in the development of the DC subsets that express them...
- Oxygen tension regulates the in vitro maturation of GM-CSF expanded murine bone marrow dendritic cells by modulating class II MHC expressionSamuel R Goth
NIEHS Center for Children s Environmental Health, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Immunol Methods 308:179-91. 2006..The O2 tension (but not 2-Me addition) in vitro significantly influences overall DC subset frequencies and yield, and governs DC maturation by regulating the surface class II MHC expression of GM-CSF expanded BMDC cultures...
- The interaction of human dendritic cells with yeast and germ-tube forms of Candida albicans leads to efficient fungal processing, dendritic cell maturation, and acquisition of a Th1 response-promoting functionG Romagnoli
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 75:117-26. 2004..albicans, both seemingly activating the Th1-type immunity which is characteristic of the healthy human subjects, naturally immunized and protected against the fungus...
- Analysis of dendritic cell trafficking using EGFP-transgenic miceAndreas A O Eggert
Tumor Immunology Laboratory, University Medical Center Nijmegen St Radboud, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Immunol Lett 89:17-24. 2003..c. injection. Subsequent quantitative, phenotypical and ultrastuctural analysis demonstrate that DC generated from EGFP-transgenic mice are well suited to study the migratory behavior, distribution and phenotype of DC in vivo...
- Cyclosporine preconditions dendritic cells during differentiation and reduces IL-2 and IL-12 production following activation: a potential tolerogenic effectD Sauma
Departmento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Transplant Proc 35:2515-7. 2003..These results may be especially meaningful for the future design of immunosuppressive protocols...
- Chemokine receptor CCR7 induces intracellular signaling that inhibits apoptosis of mature dendritic cellsNoelia Sanchez-Sanchez
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
Blood 104:619-25. 2004..In summary, in addition to its well-established role in chemotaxis, we show that CCR7 also induces antiapoptotic signaling in mature DCs...
- [Effect of tumor antigen specific CTL induced by dendritic cells on a model of human hepatocellular carcinoma in nude mice (LCI-D20)]Guo Lin Chen
Institute for Viral Hepatitis, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400010, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 14:431-4. 2006..To investigate the cure effect of tumor antigen specific CTL on a model of human hepatocellular carcinoma in nude mice LCI-D20...
- [In vitro culture and identification of tolerogenic dendritic cells from mouse bone marrow]Chun Yu Gu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:959-62. 2005..To establish a simple and economic method for in vitro culture of tolerogenic dendritic cells (Tol-DC) from mouse bone marrow to facilitate further research of the application of Tol-DC in autoimmune disease...
- Therapeutic effect of alpha-galactosylceramide-loaded dendritic cells genetically engineered to express SLC/CCL21 along with tumor antigen against peritoneally disseminated tumor cellsHidetake Matsuyoshi
Department of Immunogenetics, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:889-96. 2005..The present study suggests a novel way to use alpha-GalCer in immunotherapy for peritoneally..
- Actions and therapeutic potential of G-CSF and GM-CSF in cardiovascular diseaseJason C Kovacic
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney, Australia
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:19-33. 2007....
- Clinical and immunological characteristics of patients with serologic progression of prostate cancer achieving long-term disease control with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorBrian I Rini
University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California, USA
J Urol 175:2087-91. 2006..We describe the clinical and immunological characteristics of patients with biochemically relapsed prostate cancer who achieved long-term disease control with GM-CSF (Leukine)...
- Release of PEGylated granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor from chitosan/glycerol filmsC D Brown
University of Washington, Department of Bioengineering, Box 352255, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Control Release 72:35-46. 2001....
- Induction of HIV-1-specific cellular and humoral immune responses following immunization with HIV-DNA adjuvanted with activated apoptotic lymphocytesAndreas Brave
Department of Microbiology Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Vaccine 28:2080-7. 2010..These data suggest that activated apoptotic lymphocytes can act independent as adjuvants to improve antigen-specific DNA vaccines...
- Transduction of nondividing human macrophages with gammaretrovirus-derived vectorsLoraine Jarrosson-Wuilleme
LaboRetro, INSERM U412, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, IFR 128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon, France
J Virol 80:1152-9. 2006..This finding suggests that factors other than the nuclear membrane govern permissiveness to gammaretroviral infection and raises the possibility of using the macrophage tropism of F-MLV in gene therapy...
- [Rapid serum-free culture of dendritic cells from human peripheral blood monocytes and their intracellular signal transduction]Jun Wu
Department of Immunology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:1263-6. 2004....
- Treatment of BehÃ§et's disease--an updateV G Kaklamani
Newton Wellesley Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 30:299-312. 2001..With proper management of BD, loss of useful vision was reduced from 75% to 20% of the affected eyes. However, less favorable results are seen for central nervous system and large artery and vein involvement...
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor produced by recombinant avian poxviruses enriches the regional lymph nodes with antigen-presenting cells and acts as an immunoadjuvantE Kass
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 61:206-14. 2001....
- Multi-subtype gp160 DNA immunization induces broadly neutralizing anti-HIV antibodiesE Rollman
Department of Virology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control and Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Gene Ther 11:1146-54. 2004..Moreover, it documents the ability of rGM-CSF to enhance the potency of such a vaccine when given simultaneously. The strategy may be useful for making an HIV vaccine more potent and broadly effective against strains of different clades...
- GM-CSF-secreting cancer immunotherapies: preclinical analysis of the mechanism of actionAndrew D Simmons
Cell Genesys Inc, 500 Forbes Blvd, South San Francisco, CA, 94080, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 56:1653-65. 2007..Taken together, these studies provide important new insights into the mechanism of action of this promising novel cancer immunotherapy...
- Granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-5 activate STAT5 and induce CIS1 mRNA in human peripheral blood eosinophilsS Bhattacharya
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 24:312-6. 2001..These data suggest that active nuclear STAT5 participates in the regulation of IL-5 and GM-CSF--inducible genes in stimulated human peripheral blood eosinophils...
- Immune-stimulating effects of low-dose perioperative recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in patients operated on for primary colorectal carcinomaA K Mels
Department of Surgery, Academic Hospital, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 88:539-44. 2001..The implications for the antitumour responses directly after operation and the formation of liver metastases are currently under investigation...
- A clinical trial of edrecolomab, interleukin-2 and GM-CSF in patients with advanced colorectal cancerW Fiedler
Department of Oncology Hematology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Oncol Rep 8:225-31. 2001..No partial or complete responses were observed in these 12 patients. Median time to treatment failure was 67 days and median survival 287 days. Immunological parameters were monitored throughout the study...
- A randomized trial of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in neonates with sepsis and neutropeniaK Bilgin
Department of Pediatrics, Dicle Medical School, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Pediatrics 107:36-41. 2001....
- Tumor-related immunity in prostate cancer patients treated with human recombinant granulocyte monocyte-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF)Thomas Schwaab
Uro oncology Group, Norris Cotton Cancer Center NCCC at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center DHMC, NH, Lebanon
Prostate 66:667-74. 2006..We hypothesized that systemic therapy with GM-CSF in prostate cancer patients could augment prostate cancer-related immunity and induce clinical response...
- A human monoclonal IgG1 potently neutralizing the pro-inflammatory cytokine GM-CSFEva Maria Krinner
Micromet AG, Staffelseestr 2, D 81477 Munich, Germany
Mol Immunol 44:916-25. 2007..Based on its favorable properties, MT203 has been selected for development as a novel anti-inflammatory human monoclonal antibody with therapeutic potential in a multitude of human autoimmune and inflammatory diseases...
- Can 29kDa rhGM-CSF expressed by silkworm pupae bioreactor bring into effect as active cytokine through orally administration?Yaozhou Zhang
Institute of Biochemistry, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Hangzhou 310018, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 28:212-23. 2006..These results proved that BmrhGM-CSF, a 29kDa glycoprotein expressed by Silkworm pupae bioreactor, could bring into the effect as active cytokine through oral administration...
- Prostaglandin E2 is generally required for human dendritic cell migration and exerts its effect via EP2 and EP4 receptorsDaniel F Legler
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau, Tägerwilen, Switzerland
J Immunol 176:966-73. 2006..Our results provide clear evidence that PGE2 is a general and mandatory factor for the development of a migratory phenotype of human MoDCs as well as for peripheral blood myeloid DCs...
- Characterization of poly(glycolide-co-D,L-lactide)/poly(D,L-lactide) microspheres for controlled release of GM-CSFD K Pettit
Department of Analytical Chemistry and Formulation, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Pharm Res 14:1422-30. 1997....
- HIV integration site selection: targeting in macrophages and the effects of different routes of viral entryStephen D Barr
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3610 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, 19104 6076, USA
Mol Ther 14:218-25. 2006..Analysis of additional published integration site sequences also indicated that the route of entry did not affect integration site selection for other viral envelopes as well...
- Versican is induced in infiltrating monocytes in myocardial infarctionKenichi Toeda
Department of Medicine and Medical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Japan
Mol Cell Biochem 280:47-56. 2005..We suggest that upregulation of versican in the infarcted myocardium may have a role in the inflammatory reaction, which mediates subsequent chemotaxis in the infarcted heart...
- Differential expression of IFN regulatory factor 4 gene in human monocyte-derived dendritic cells and macrophagesAnne Lehtonen
Department of Viral Diseases and Immunology, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Immunol 175:6570-9. 2005..Our results suggest that IRF4 is likely to play an important role in myeloid DC differentiation and gene regulatory functions...
- Recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (sargramostim) as an alternative therapy for fistulizing Crohn's diseasePriscilla Magno
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Medical Sciences Campus, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
P R Health Sci J 29:60-5. 2010....
- Colony-stimulating factor use in the context of refined risk and benefit assessmentsJeffrey Crawford
Division of Medical Oncology, Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710 0001, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 20:9-10. 2006
- Modulation of integrin function in hematopoietic progenitor cells by CD43 engagement: possible involvement of protein tyrosine kinase and phospholipase C-gammaN Anzai
Departments of Microbiology Immunology, Medicine, and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Blood 93:3317-26. 1999..These results indicate that signals mediated through CD43 may increase integrin affinity to fibronectin via a pathway dependent on protein tyrosine kinase and PLC-gamma activation in hematopoietic progenitors...
- The safety and efficacy of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (Sargramostim) added to indinavir- or ritonavir-based antiretroviral therapy: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled trialG Skowron
Division of Infectious Diseases, Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence, RI 02908, USA
J Infect Dis 180:1064-71. 1999..No difference in indinavir pharmacokinetics was observed before or after sargramostim therapy...
- GM-CSF activates the Jak/STAT pathway to rescue polymorphonuclear neutrophils from spontaneous apoptosis in young but not elderly individualsCarl F Fortin
Department of Medicine, Research Center on Aging, Laboratory of Biogerontology, Sherbrooke Geriatric University Institute, 1036, rue Belvedere Sud, J1H 4C4 Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Biogerontology 8:173-87. 2007....
- Evolving knowledge and therapy of inflammatory bowel diseaseJoshua R Korzenik
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine, Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 5:197-209. 2006..With increasing evidence for a crucial role for luminal flora in maintaining the health of the bowel, strategies to manipulate intestinal bacteria using probiotics and prebiotics are being actively investigated as well...
- Combining gene and immunotherapy for prostate cancerJ G Young
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 11:187-93. 2008..The mechanism of this improved response is however likely to be non-immune based as it lacks a memory effect...
- Modulation of diabetes-induced palate defects by maternal immune stimulationTerry C Hrubec
Department of Biomedical Sciences, E Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2265 Kraft Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 292:271-6. 2009..Maternal immune stimulation may prevent dysregulation of these signaling pathways thus reducing fetal malformations and normalizing palate growth...
- Gene expression profiling and functional activity of human dendritic cells induced with IFN-alpha-2b: implications for cancer immunotherapyFederica Moschella
The International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Naples, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 9:2022-31. 2003....
- Immunotherapy with concurrent subcutaneous GM-CSF, low-dose IL-2 and IFN-alpha in patients with progressive metastatic renal cell carcinomaN Verra
Division of Immunology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 88:1346-51. 2003..Response and survival with this form of immunotherapy seem to be more dependent on expansion/activation of T cells than of NK cells...
- Impact of chemotherapy regimen and hematopoietic growth factor on mobilization and collection of peripheral blood stem cells in cancer patientsM R Nowrousian
Department of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, West German Cancer Center, University of Essen Medical School, Germany
Ann Oncol 14:i29-36. 2003....
- Toll-like receptor-mediated activation of neutrophils by influenza A virusJennifer P Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Blood 112:2028-34. 2008..These studies demonstrate neutrophil activation by influenza virus and highlight the importance of TLR7 and TLR8 in that response...
- The role of myeloid growth factors in acute leukemiaMartha Wadleigh
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 7:84-91. 2009..This article focuses on the clinical experience with these agents as adjuncts to the treatment of acute leukemias...
- STAT3- and STAT5-dependent pathways competitively regulate the pan-differentiation of CD34pos cells into tumor-competent dendritic cellsPeter A Cohen
Center for Surgery Research, Cleveland Clinic Foundation Lerner Research Institute, OH 44195, USA
Blood 112:1832-43. 2008....
- Granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor: current practice and novel approachesPatricia C Buchsel
Clin J Oncol Nurs 6:198-205. 2002....
- Interleukin-13 induces thymus and activation-regulated chemokine (CCL17) in human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsTomohiro Nomura
Department of Otorhinolaryngology J2, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 0856, Japan
Cytokine 20:49-55. 2002..Thymus and activation-regulated chemokine (TARC/CCL17) is a recently identified chemokine that induces the development of Th(2) lymphocytes. One of the sources of TARC has been reported to be peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)...
- Differential cytokine expression and regulation of human anti-pig xenogeneic responses by modified porcine dendritic cellsDaniel Stuart Layton
CSIRO, Australian Animal Health Laboratories, Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Xenotransplantation 15:257-67. 2008..Porcine dendritic cells (DC) are likely to be pivotal cells in the initiation of stimulatory and potential tolerogenic responses to xenoantigens, however, there are limited studies characterizing these antigen presenting cells...
- Comparison of recombinant granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and placebo for treatment of septic preterm infantsAsma Ahmad
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City, NY, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:1061-5. 2002....
- Treatment of active Crohn's disease with recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorBrian K Dieckgraefe
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Box 8124, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Lancet 360:1478-80. 2002..Retreatment was effective, and treatment was associated with increased quality-of-life measures. GM-CSF may offer an alternative to traditional immunosuppression in treatment of Crohn's disease...
- [Deletion mutants of human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor]L E Petrovskaia
Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, GSP Moscow, 117997 Russia
Bioorg Khim 28:440-6. 2002..A decrease in the mutant activity in the row D2 > D1 > D3 implies the importance of the conserved hydrophobic residues involved in the formation of the beta-structure for the formation of the GM-CSF functional conformation...
- Molecular cloning, expression in Escherichia coli and production of bioactive homogeneous recombinant human granulocyte and macrophage colony stimulating factorRaquel Cristina Schwanke
Centro de Pesquisas em Biologia Molecular e Funcional, Instituto Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia em Tuberculose, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Porto Alegre RS 90619 900, Brazil
Int J Biol Macromol 45:97-102. 2009..The results presented show that the combination of experimental strategies employed to obtain recombinant hGM-CSF can yield biologically active protein, and may be useful to scaling-up production of biosimilar protein...
- [Construction and identification of recombinant Lactococcus lactis highly expressing human granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor]Gao feng Ma
Institute of Digestive Diseases, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:576-8. 2008..To transfer human granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (hGM-CSF) gene into Actococcus lactis and obtain recombinant Lactococcus lactis highly expressing hGM-CSF (LL-CSF)...
- Extracorporeal photopheresis and adjuvant aerosolized granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor for Sézary syndromeSaskia A Bouwhuis
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 77:197-200. 2002..It produced clinical improvement and decreased the number of circulating Sézary cells in a previously ECP-refractory patient...
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor and interleukin-4 expand and activate type-1 dendritic cells (DC1) when administered in vivo to cancer patientsSylvia M Kiertscher
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1690, USA
Int J Cancer 107:256-61. 2003..These effects correlate with antigen-presenting activity, providing a mechanism by which systemic GM-CSF and IL-4 might stimulate anti-tumor immunity in vivo...
- Calcium channel blockers suppress cytokine-induced activation of human neutrophilsEtsuko Shima
Department of Physiology, Osaka City University Medical School, Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka, Japan
Am J Hypertens 21:78-84. 2008..Calcium channel blockers are commonly used in the treatment of hypertension, and their pleiotropic effects, other than the lowering of blood pressure, have been recently recognized...
- [Cost effectiveness of GM-CSF in the treatment of acute myeloblastic leukemia in aged patients: protocol of GOELAM Sa3]M C Woronoff-Lemsi
Pharmacie, , Bd Fleming, , France
Therapie 56:131-3. 2001..In the younger patient group savings were synonymous with GM-CSF. In all cases GM-CSF strategy induced benefit expressed as savings as well as efficacy...
- Big tumor regression induced by GM-CSF gene-modified 3LL tumor cells via facilitating DC maturation and deviation toward CD11c+CD8alpha+ subsetYi Lin
Department of Immunology, Institute for Immunobiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, P R China
DNA Cell Biol 26:863-72. 2007..Our research indicated that GM-CSF could optimize the immune microenvironment in the tumor site, which provides a potent approach for immunotherapy of tumors...
- Modeling the functional heterogeneity of leukemia stem cells: role of STAT5 in leukemia stem cell self-renewalMichael Heuser
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L3 Canada
Blood 114:3983-93. 2009..Our data demonstrate the functional heterogeneity of LICs and show that STAT signaling is critical for leukemia stem cell self-renewal in MN1- and HOXA9-expressing leukemias...
- Steroid-sparing properties of sargramostim in patients with corticosteroid-dependent Crohn's disease: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 2 studyJ F Valentine
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Rm HD 602, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Gut 58:1354-62. 2009..This randomised clinical trial evaluated the efficacy of recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (sargramostim), an activator of innate immunity, in corticosteroid-dependent patients with Crohn's disease...
- The efficient generation of immunocompetent dendritic cells from leukemic blasts in acute myeloid leukemia: a local experienceKambiz Bagheri
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, P O Box 14115 331, Tehran, Iran
Pathol Oncol Res 15:257-67. 2009..Our data confirmed the generation of sufficient AML-derived cells with the properties of DCs in all cases. This potency of AML blasts, offers a useful route for active immunotherapy of AML patients...
- GM-CSF plus rituximab immunotherapy: translation of biologic mechanisms into therapy for indolent B-cell lymphomasStephen J Schuster
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1681-92. 2008..The biologic effects of these individual and combined immunotherapeutic agents, with or without chemotherapy, and their translation into patient outcomes are reviewed here...
- A dose-escalation study of aerosolized sargramostim in the treatment of metastatic melanoma: an NCCTG StudySvetomir N Markovic
Melanoma Study Group, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 31:573-9. 2008..To improve the clinical and immunologic efficacy of therapy without compromising patient safety, we performed a further dose escalation trial in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- B7-DC Cross-linking antibody immunotherapySvetomir Markovic; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this "proof-of-principle" clinical trial will justify further development of B7-DC XAb as a cancer therapeutic with potential universal application for all malignant disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Proteomic Analysis of Diabetic NephropathyJon Klein; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Multi-Antigen Vaccines for Breast CancerMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Pseudovirion Formation by Live Vector HIV VaccinesPaul Spearman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Together, these experiments will provide important insights into the role of pseudovirions in generating HIV-specific immune responses following live vector immunization. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Separating Antitumor & GvHD in Allogeneic T-CellsEDMUND WALLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies will improve the understanding of the role of donor cells in inducing GvHD and GvT effects after allogeneic HPCT and facilitate development of novel approaches in immunotherapy cancer patients. ..
- CD4 Immune Reconstitution in SIV InfectionFrancois Villinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results of these studies will form the basis for future immune reconstitution strategies in human HIV infected patients. ..
- Vector-based Generation of Monoclonal Antibodies against the CB2 ReceptorMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work has the capacity to significantly accelerate cannabinoid research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Macrophage defense againt M. tuberculosisJennifer Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CYTOKINES AS PREDICTORS OF DISEASE PROGRESSION IN SCLERODERMA LUNG DISEASEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2009..It will also allow us to develop biologic markers and predictors of disease progression and to determine which patients would benefit most from treatment with cytotoxic therapy. ..
- Viral and Cellullar Determinants of HIV-1 AssemblyPaul W Spearman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these experiments will provide important new insights into the interaction of HIV structural proteins with cellular transport pathways. ..
- Mechanisms of immunomodulatory and anti-tumor actions of Polysaccharide KrestinMary L Disis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these studies will help us understand the immune modulating effect of PSK and contribute to the clinical translation of this CAM molecule as an anti-cancer agent and/or a vaccine adjuvant. ..
- Planning Grant for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science AwardMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of Enhanced HIV-1 Pseudovirion VaccinesPaul Spearman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HER2 VACCINATION FOR THE TREATMENT OF CANCERMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Adjuvant immunotherapy for non-small cell lung cancerMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..2A. To evaluate a panel of cytokines as surrogate markers for GVHD and correlate these with clinical outcomes during the above trial. 2B. To correlate changes in minimal residual disease with clinical outcomes during the above trial. ..
- MARROW REGULATION IN CYCLIC HEMATOPOIESISDavid Dale; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- COCAINE SMOKING EFFECTS ON LUNG IMMUNITY & HOST DEFENSEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Immunologic Correlates of Immunization for CancerMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Novel FRET-based Assays for HIV Assembly InhibitorsPaul Spearman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These assays will be used to screen libraries of compounds available from NIH, Vanderbilt, and industrial partners to identify candidate inhibitors of Gag-Gag interactions. ..
- NK CELL ADCC AND CD4+ CELL APOPTOSIS IN HIV+ TISSUESGail Skowron; Fiscal Year: 2003..These relationships will be evaluated in the context of the clinical status of each patient group to be studied, and in comparison to HIV-uninfected subjects. ..
- Pulmonary and Immunologic Effects of Marijuana Use on HIV and Viral ImmunityMichael D Roth; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will help define the interrelationships between MJ abuse and opportunistic infections and provide insight into the appropriate design/use of future HIV and HBV vaccine strategies. ..
- PROTEOMIC ANALYSIS OF HIPPOCAMPAL HYPOXIC VULNERABILITYJon Klein; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will characterize changes in protein expression and post-translational modifications that may have important implications for cell survival and/or adaption to intermittent and sustained hypoxia. ..
- STUDY OF REG RECEPTOR-LIGAND BIOLOGY IN GI MUCOSABrian Dieckgraefe; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will also provide new insight into the role of Reg IV antagonists and lay the groundwork for development of therapeutic reagents active in gastrointestinal adenocarcinomas. ..
- Defending Against Systemic MycosesGEORGE DEEPE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The collaborative and synergistic effort manifested by this group of investigators will provide new and exciting information regarding prevention and/or treatment of these problematic fungi. ..
- Defining Neutralization Breadth in HIV+ Human SerumPaul W Spearman; Fiscal Year: 2010..By understanding in detail the antibody responses present in these HIV-infected individuals, we will gain insights into how we can better design a protective HIV vaccine that can generate similar responses in uninfected persons. ..
- Novel Assays for Inhibitors of HIV AssemblyPaul Spearman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Phase 1 Study/DNA-Based Vaccine vs Prostatic Acid PaseDouglas McNeel; Fiscal Year: 2006..This trial will serve as a platform and model for clinical trial evaluation of antigens identified in the second aim of the proposal. ..
- PROTECTIVE ANTIGENS FROM HISTOPLASMA CAPSULATUMGEORGE DEEPE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Phase I Trial of a HER2 ICD Plasmid-Based DNA VaccineMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal will be to use this study as a platform to develop multi-antigen plasmid based vaccines for the prevention of common solid tumors. ..
- Acquisition of FACSVantage SE Flow CytometerYair Gazitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new equipment will also widen the user's base, save sort time, reduce costs for users and will render sorting affordable to new users, especially in cases where low frequency (<1%) cell populations are sorted. ..