Genomes and Genes
interferon alfa 2b
Summary: A recombinant alfa interferon consisting of 165 amino acid residues with arginine in position 23 and histidine in position 34. It is used extensively as an antiviral and antineoplastic agent.
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin compared with interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C: a randomised trialM P Manns
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Lancet 358:958-65. 2001..In this randomised trial, peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin was compared with interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin...
- High- and low-dose interferon alfa-2b in high-risk melanoma: first analysis of intergroup trial E1690/S9111/C9190J M Kirkwood
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213 2582, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:2444-58. 2000..Pivotal trial E1684 of adjuvant high-dose interferon alfa-2b (IFNalpha2b) therapy in high-risk melanoma patients demonstrated a significant relapse-free and overall survival (RFS and OS) benefit compared with observation (Obs)...
- Peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C in previously untreated patients infected with HCV genotypes 2 or 3Stefan Zeuzem
Department of Medicine, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Hepatol 40:993-9. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate this schedule for HCV-2/3 infected patients in the era of pegylated interferon-alpha plus ribavirin...
- Prevention of hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence with alpha-interferon after liver resection in HCV cirrhosisVincenzo Mazzaferro
Department of Surgery, Biomedical Statistics, Pathology, National Cancer Institute of Milan and Chair of Gastroenterology, Policlinico Foundation, Department of Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
Hepatology 44:1543-54. 2006..3; 95% CI: 0.09-0.9; P = .04). In conclusion, IFN does not affect overall prevention of HCC recurrence after resection, but it may reduce late recurrence in HCV-pure patients receiving effective treatment...
- Sustained virologic response and clinical outcomes in patients with chronic hepatitis C and advanced fibrosisBart J Veldt
Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Intern Med 147:677-84. 2007..Clinical outcomes of chronic hepatitis C infection in patients with advanced fibrosis include liver failure, hepatocellular carcinoma, and death...
- Peginterferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C virus infectionMichael W Fried
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
N Engl J Med 347:975-82. 2002..We compared the efficacy and safety of peginterferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin, interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin, and peginterferon alfa-2a alone in the initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C...
- Side effects of therapy of hepatitis C and their managementMichael W Fried
Division of Digestive Diseases, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Hepatology 36:S237-44. 2002..Strategies to maximize adherence are being developed and, in the future, may include early identification of and therapy for depression and the selective use of hematopoietic growth factors to ameliorate hematologic abnormalities...
- Adherence to combination therapy enhances sustained response in genotype-1-infected patients with chronic hepatitis CJohn G McHutchison
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27715, USA
Gastroenterology 123:1061-9. 2002..We evaluated the impact of adherence to combination therapy with interferon or peginterferon plus ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C patients...
- The impact of peginterferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin combination therapy on health-related quality of life in chronic hepatitis CTarek Hassanein
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Hepatol 40:675-81. 2004..We examined the impact of these treatments on health related quality of life (HRQOL)...
- Biologically active human interferon alpha-2b produced in the egg white of transgenic hensJeffrey C Rapp
AviGenics, Inc, Georgia BioBusiness Center, 111 Riverbend Rd, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Transgenic Res 12:569-75. 2003..These results support the potential of the hen as a bioreactor for the production of commercially valuable, biologically active, and glycosylated proteins in egg white...
- Multiplex analysis of serum cytokines in melanoma patients treated with interferon-alpha2bZoya R Yurkovetsky
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2422-8. 2007..Development of reliable serum assays may contribute to the development of methods for earlier detection of melanoma and the selection of patients who may be most susceptible to current available interventions with IFNalpha...
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C infection with peginterferons plus ribavirinMichael W Fried
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7080, USA
Semin Liver Dis 24:47-54. 2004..This article reviews the data from clinical trials of peginterferon alfa-2a and peginterferon alfa-2b...
- Quality-of-life-adjusted survival analysis of interferon alfa-2b adjuvant treatment of high-risk resected cutaneous melanoma: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group studyB F Cole
Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Clin Oncol 14:2666-73. 1996..To evaluate the quality-of-life effects of adjuvant high-dose interferon alfa-2b (IFN alpha 2b) treatment of high-risk melanoma...
- Peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin for 12 vs. 24 weeks in HCV genotype 2 or 3Alessandra Mangia
Gastroenterology Unit, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
N Engl J Med 352:2609-17. 2005..We hypothesized that in patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 2 or 3 in whom HCV RNA is not detectable after 4 weeks of therapy, 12 weeks of treatment is as effective as 24 weeks...
- Secretory expression of interferon-alpha 2b in recombinant Pichia pastoris using three different secretion signalsAnand Ghosalkar
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Protein Expr Purif 60:103-9. 2008..The difference in the molecular masses of the two bands was found to arise due to the difference in the molecular masses of the N-terminal fragment, and the inefficient processing of secretion signal...
- Peginterferon alpha-2a (40kD) [Pegasys] improves HR-QOL outcomes compared with unmodified interferon alpha-2a [Roferon-A]: in patients with chronic hepatitis CJens Rasenack
Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität, Freiburg, Germany
Pharmacoeconomics 21:341-9. 2003..Treatment with peginterferon alpha-2a (40kD) provides an improved sustained response over unmodified interferon alpha-2a...
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C: a systematic reviewGeetanjali Chander
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Hepatology 36:S135-44. 2002..Thus, the combination of peginterferon and ribavirin was the most efficacious treatment in patients with HCV genotype 1. Long-term outcomes were improved in patients with hepatitis C who achieved an SVR with treatment...
- Pegylated interferons: what role will they play in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C?M L Shiffman
Hepatology Section, Medical College of Virginia Commonwealth University, Box 980341, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 3:30-7. 2001..The role PEG-interferons will play in patients who have either relapsed or failed to respond to previous interferon or interferon/ribavirin therapy remains to be defined...
- Recombinant interferon alfa 2b therapy in a patient with metastatic hepatocellular carcinomaMan Fung Yuen
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
J Clin Gastroenterol 35:272-5. 2002..The time for its administration can also serve as an observation period, which is vital in deciding whether definitive surgical treatment of any residual lesions is indicated...
- Comparison of quality of life, work productivity and medical resource utilization of peginterferon alpha 2a vs the combination of interferon alpha 2b plus ribavirin as initial treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis CR Perrillo
Division on Gastroenterology, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
J Viral Hepat 11:157-65. 2004..Patients randomized to pegIFNalpha 2a had improved work productivity, less activity impairment, decreased need for prescription drugs to treat adverse effects, and better adherence to therapy...
- Adjuvant therapy with pegylated interferon alfa-2b versus observation alone in resected stage III melanoma: final results of EORTC 18991, a randomised phase III trialAlexander M M Eggermont
Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 372:117-26. 2008..Any benefit of adjuvant interferon alfa-2b for melanoma could depend on dose and duration of treatment. Our aim was to determine whether pegylated interferon alfa-2b can facilitate prolonged exposure while maintaining tolerability...
- Phase II trial of subcutaneous interleukin-2, subcutaneous interferon-alpha, 5-fluorouracil and cis-retinoic acid in the treatment of renal cell carcinoma: final results of cancer biotherapy research group 94-10Gamini Soori
Alegent Bergan Mercy Medical Center, Omaha, NB, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 17:165-73. 2002..Pilot studies from other investigators have suggested that combining cis-retinoic acid and 5-fluorouracil (5FU) with interleukin-2 (IL-2) and interferon-alpha (IFN) may improve outcomes for such patients...
- The effects of interferon alpha-2b in combination with ribavirin on health related quality of life and work productivityJ G McHutchison
Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Hepatol 34:140-7. 2001..Interferon plus ribavirin is the most effective therapy for chronic hepatitis C. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of chronic hepatitis C and therapy on health-related quality of life and work functioning...
- High-dose interferon alfa-2b significantly prolongs relapse-free and overall survival compared with the GM2-KLH/QS-21 vaccine in patients with resected stage IIB-III melanoma: results of intergroup trial E1694/S9512/C509801J M Kirkwood
Division of Hematology Oncology and Department of Pathology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Melanoma Center, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2370-80. 2001....
- Prediction of treatment outcome in patients with chronic hepatitis C: significance of baseline parameters and viral dynamics during therapyThomas Berg
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Hepatology 37:600-9. 2003..This algorithm recognizes 53.7% of nonresponders previously identified at week 24 of treatment...
- Efficacy of 24 weeks treatment with peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C infected with genotype 1 and low pretreatment viremiaStefan Zeuzem
Clinic of Internal Medicine II, Department of Medicine, Saarland University Hospital, Kirrbergerstrasse, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Hepatol 44:97-103. 2006..The aim of the present study was to investigate this schedule in the era of pegylated interferon-alpha plus ribavirin...
- Evidence that plasma concentration rather than dose per kilogram body weight predicts ribavirin-induced anaemiaK Lindahl
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute and Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Viral Hepat 11:84-7. 2004..This lends further support to the idea that ribavirin should be dosed according to renal function...
- Prognostic significance of autoimmunity during treatment of melanoma with interferonHelen Gogas
First Department of Medicine, Laiko Hospital, Athens, Greece
N Engl J Med 354:709-18. 2006..We assessed the prognostic significance of autoimmunity in patients with stage IIB, IIC, or III melanoma who were treated with high-dose adjuvant interferon alfa-2b...
- Mechanisms and management of toxicities associated with high-dose interferon alfa-2b therapyJohn M Kirkwood
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3703-18. 2002..It is important to understand the expected adverse events and their underlying mechanisms and to anticipate and aggressively manage toxicity during treatment in order to ensure that patients receive the maximum therapeutic benefit...
- Dynamics of hepatitis C virus NS5A quasispecies during interferon and ribavirin therapy in responder and non-responder patients with genotype 1b chronic hepatitis CFrancesc Puig-Basagoiti
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Departament de Medicina IMD, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Gen Virol 86:1067-75. 2005..These observations suggest that the composition and dynamics of HCV NS5A quasispecies, particularly in the V3 domain, may play a role in the response to combined IFN/ribavirin therapy...
- Pegylating IFNs at his-34 improves the in vitro antiviral activity through the JAK/STAT pathwayMichael J Grace
Schering Plough Research Institute, Biotechnology Development, Union, NJ, USA
Antivir Chem Chemother 15:287-97. 2004..The elucidation of the in vitro effects of pegylation is important and this will ultimately have a positive impact on the in vivo efficacy of treatment for patients with hepatitis C...
- Chronic hepatitis C. Genotypes and response to anti-viral therapy among Saudi patientsIbrahim Al-Traif
Department of Hepatobiliary Sciences and Liver Transplant 1440, King Abdul Aziz Medical City, King Fahad National Guard Hospital, PO Box 22490, Riyadh 11426, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:1935-8. 2004..The aim of this study is to compare the response of hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 4 with other genotypes to anti-viral treatment among Saudi patients in a prospective randomized trial...
- Pegylated interferon and ribavirin-induced interstitial pneumonitis with ARDSSandra Abi-Nassif
Department of Pharmacy, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Chest 124:406-10. 2003..He developed ARDS and died after 26 days of hospitalization from multisystem organ failure. This case suggests that interstitial pulmonary disease can occur with pegylated interferon-alpha(2)b therapy...
- Side effects of therapy for chronic hepatitis CMark W Russo
Division of Digestive Diseases, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Gastroenterology 124:1711-9. 2003
- Neoadjuvant treatment of regional stage IIIB melanoma with high-dose interferon alfa-2b induces objective tumor regression in association with modulation of tumor infiltrating host cellular immune responsesStergios J Moschos
Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3164-71. 2006..Therefore, HDI was investigated in the neoadjuvant setting to assess clinical and pathologic responses after 4 weeks of HDI and to perform immunohistochemical evaluation of immune cell subsets and melanoma-associated antigens...
- Interferon alfa regulated gene expression in patients initiating interferon treatment for chronic hepatitis CXuhuai Ji
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Hepatology 37:610-21. 2003..In conclusion, IFN-alpha-inducible genes can be identified in human PBMCs in vivo as well as ex vivo. Signature changes associated with different treatment outcomes may be found among these genes...
- Long-term follow-up of basal cell carcinomas treated with perilesional interferon alfa 2b as monotherapyStephen B Tucker
Department of Dermatology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:1033-8. 2006..Interferon alfa-2b (IFN) may be used to treat basal cell carcinoma (BCC) as an alternative to surgical or destructive methods...
- Impact of pegylated interferon alfa-2b and ribavirin on liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CThierry Poynard
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 122:1303-13. 2002..Liver fibrosis is an important prognostic factor in patients with hepatitis C. The effect of pegylated (PEG) interferon alone or its combination with ribavirin on fibrosis has not been established...
- The increasing problem of hepatitis C virus infectionE A Coates
South Australian Dental Service, Adelaide Dental Hospital
Aust Dent J 46:13-7; quiz 53. 2001..This paper discusses the issues associated with treating patients who have HCV infection including the importance of preventive programs to reduce dental pathology and maximise oral health...
- Randomised trial of interferon alpha2b plus ribavirin for 48 weeks or for 24 weeks versus interferon alpha2b plus placebo for 48 weeks for treatment of chronic infection with hepatitis C virus. International Hepatitis Interventional Therapy Group (IHIT)T Poynard
Groupe Hospitalier, Faculté Pitie Salpêtrière, Universite Paris VI, URA CNRS 1484, France
Lancet 352:1426-32. 1998..The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy and safety of interferon alpha2b in combination with oral ribavirin with interferon alone, for treatment of chronic infection with hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Efficacy and safety of pegylated (40-kd) interferon alpha-2a compared with interferon alpha-2a in noncirrhotic patients with chronic hepatitis CK R Reddy
University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Hepatology 33:433-8. 2001..The 180-microg PEG(40kd) IFN alpha-2a dose appeared to be the optimal dose based on sustained virological response and its associated side-effect profile...
- Effects of high-dose IFNalpha2b on regional lymph node metastases of human melanoma: modulation of STAT5, FOXP3, and IL-17Wenjun Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2584, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:8314-20. 2008..The effects of IFNalpha on STAT signaling in relation to tumor tissue Treg and Th17 have not been documented in humans beyond the observations that IFNalpha2b down-regulates STAT3...
- Predictors of response of US veterans to treatment for the hepatitis C virusLisa I Backus
Center for Quality Management in Public Health, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
Hepatology 46:37-47. 2007..For genotype 3 patients, only receiving PEG-INF 2A affected the likelihood of an SVR; its effect was positive...
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 with peginterferon, ribavirin, and epoetin alphaMitchell L Shiffman
Hepatology Section, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Hepatology 46:371-9. 2007..SVR was significantly greater (P < 0.05) in group 3 patients (49%). This resulted from a significant decline (P < 0.05) in relapse rate; only 8% versus 38% for groups 1 and 2...
- Transgenic avian-derived recombinant human interferon-alpha2b (AVI-005) in healthy subjects: an open-label, single-dose, controlled studyT B Patel
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:161-8. 2007..This study characterized the safety and pharmacological properties of AVI-005, a novel glycosylated recombinant human interferon-alpha2b produced from the egg whites of chickens transfected with human cDNA...
- Strategies for managing anemia in hepatitis C patients undergoing antiviral therapyJohn G McHutchison
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Division of Gastroenterology Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:880-9. 2007..In the meantime, physicians must make the best possible use of the available options for managing anemia, especially in select patient groups who are most at risk for anemia and its complications...
- A randomized, double-blind trial comparing pegylated interferon alfa-2b to interferon alfa-2b as initial treatment for chronic hepatitis CK L Lindsay
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hepatology 34:395-403. 2001..The higher rate of virologic response during treatment with 1.5 microg/kg peginterferon alfa-2b in patients infected with genotype 1 and high viral levels warrants further evaluation...
- Radical nephrectomy plus interferon-alfa-based immunotherapy compared with interferon alfa alone in metastatic renal-cell carcinoma: a randomised trialG H Mickisch
Erasmus University and Academic Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 358:966-70. 2001..We aimed to establish whether radical nephrectomy done before interferon-alfa-based immunotherapy improved time to progression and overall survival (primary endpoints) compared with interferon alfa alone...
- Phase II trial of cisplatin, interferon alpha-2b, doxorubicin, and 5-fluorouracil for biliary tract cancerY Z Patt
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology and Digestive Diseases, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:3375-80. 2001..Therefore, this regimen cannot be recommended for cholangiocarcinoma, but it may have a role in the treatment of gallbladder carcinoma, particularly among patients who were refractory to higher priority investigational agents...
- Pegylated interferon alfa 2b and oral ribavirin in patients with HCV-related cirrhosisAjit Sood
Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 25:283-5. 2006..We retrospectively reviewed the case records of patients with HCV cirrhosis to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of pegylated (peg) interferon and ribavirin treatment in these patients...
- Prospective randomized trial of the treatment of patients with metastatic melanoma using chemotherapy with cisplatin, dacarbazine, and tamoxifen alone or in combination with interleukin-2 and interferon alfa-2bS A Rosenberg
Surgery Branch and Department of Biostatistics and Data Management Section, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:968-75. 1999..We have performed a prospective randomized trial in patients with metastatic melanoma, comparing treatment with chemotherapy to treatment with chemoimmunotherapy...
- Multiparametric flow cytometric analysis of inter-patient variation in STAT1 phosphorylation following interferon Alfa immunotherapyGregory B Lesinski
Department of Human Cancer Genetics, Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1331-42. 2004..We used a novel flow cytometric assay to examine phosphorylation-mediated activation of STAT1 within immune effector cell subsets following in vitro or in vivo IFN alpha treatments...
- A pooled analysis of eastern cooperative oncology group and intergroup trials of adjuvant high-dose interferon for melanomaJohn M Kirkwood
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:1670-7. 2004..The objectives of this study were to update the analyses of each individual trial and to analyze prognostic factors and treatment effects based on pooled data...
- Individualized treatment duration for hepatitis C genotype 1 patients: A randomized controlled trialAlessandra Mangia
Gastroenterology, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Hepatology 47:43-50. 2008..RVR patients with baseline viremia >or=400,000 IU/mL achieved higher SVR rates when treated for 48 weeks rather than 24 weeks (86.8% versus 73.1%, P = 0.14). The only predictive factor of SVR in RVR patients was advanced fibrosis...
- Ribavirin, but not interferon alpha-2b, is associated with impaired osteoblast proliferation and differentiation in vitroR O Moreira
Division of Endocrinology, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho HUCFF, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Calcif Tissue Int 75:160-8. 2004..These negative effects of ribavirin on osteblast-like cells might contribute to the bone loss reported in vivo...
- Adherence to hepatitis C treatment in recovering heroin users maintained on methadoneDiana L Sylvestre
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:741-7. 2007..We sought to define the impact of these and other potential adherence barriers in a real-world sample of recovering drug users...
- Early virologic response to treatment with peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis CGary L Davis
Division of Hepatology, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Hepatology 38:645-52. 2003..Patients who fail to achieve EVR will not clear virus even if an additional 9 months of therapy is received. Therapy can be confidently discontinued in those cases...
- Modulation of signal transducers and activators of transcription 1 and 3 signaling in melanoma by high-dose IFNalpha2bWenjun Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh, Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1523-31. 2007..The goal of this study was to understand the effects of high-dose IFNalpha2b (HDI) in relation to the balance of pSTAT1 and pSTAT3...
- Treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavarin in HCV infection with genotype 2 or 3 for 14 weeks: a pilot studyOlav Dalgard
Department of Medicine, Aker University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hepatology 40:1260-5. 2004..The results need to be confirmed in a randomized, controlled study before this treatment approach can be recommended, particularly for patients with genotype 3 and high viral load or severe fibrosis...
- Peginterferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis CJay H Hoofnagle
Liver Disease Research Branch, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2444-51. 2006
- Where are we with adjuvant therapy of stage III and IV melanoma in 2009?Leslie A Fecher
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 7:295-304. 2009..This article explores the factors to consider when individualizing care within the scope of these guidelines...
- Nephrectomy followed by interferon alfa-2b compared with interferon alfa-2b alone for metastatic renal-cell cancerR C Flanigan
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Ill, USA
N Engl J Med 345:1655-9. 2001..The value of nephrectomy in metastatic renal-cell cancer has long been debated. Several nonrandomized studies suggest a higher rate of response to systemic therapy and longer survival in patients who have undergone nephrectomy...
- Changes in gene expression during pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy of chronic hepatitis C virus distinguish responders from nonresponders to antiviral therapyMilton W Taylor
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47401, USA
J Virol 81:3391-401. 2007..No specific regulatory gene could be identified as responsible for this global blunting or the racial differences...
- Multicenter phase III randomized trial of polychemotherapy (CVD regimen) versus the same chemotherapy (CT) plus subcutaneous interleukin-2 and interferon-alpha2b in metastatic melanomaE Bajetta
Medical Oncology Unit 2, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:571-7. 2006..In this phase III trial, we compared the effects of CT [cisplatin, vindesine and dacarbazine (CVD)] with those of concurrent biochemotherapy (bioCT) consisting of CVD plus interleukin-2 and interferon-alpha2b...
- Treatment of recurrent corneal and conjunctival intraepithelial neoplasia with topical interferon alfa 2bMichael D Boehm
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Ophthalmology 111:1755-61. 2004To evaluate topical interferon alfa 2b (IFNalpha2b) as a single therapeutic agent in the treatment of presumed recurrent corneal and conjunctival intraepithelial neoplasia.
- Hepatitis C treatment updateBrian L Pearlman
Center For Hepatitis C, Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia 30312, USA
Am J Med 117:344-52. 2004..Four broad groups of investigational therapeutic agents appear promising for future therapy: modified interferons and ribavirins, immunomodulators, viral life-cycle targets, and antifibrotic agents...
- Regulation of gene expression by pegylated IFN-alpha2b and IFN-alpha2b in human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsDiana L Brassard
Department of Biotechnology, Schering Plough Research Institute, Union, NJ 07083, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 24:455-69. 2004....
- Side effects of medical therapy for chronic hepatitis CMitchell L Shiffman
Hepatology Section, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, 23298, USA
Ann Hepatol 3:5-10. 2004..Appropriate recognition and management of these side effects will both improve response to therapy and avoid unnecessary morbidity and mortality...
- Randomized phase III study of 1 month versus 1 year of adjuvant high-dose interferon alfa-2b in patients with resected high-risk melanomaDimitrios Pectasides
Second Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutic, Oncology Section, University General Hospital Attikon, Athens, Greece
J Clin Oncol 27:939-44. 2009....
- Peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin: effective in patients with hepatitis C who failed interferon alfa/ribavirin therapyThierry Poynard
Service d Hepatologie, Université Pierre et Marie Curie Liver Center, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 136:1618-28.e2. 2009..Alternate options are needed for patients who relapse or do not respond to therapy...
- Site of pegylation and polyethylene glycol molecule size attenuate interferon-alpha antiviral and antiproliferative activities through the JAK/STAT signaling pathwayMichael J Grace
Schering Plough Research Institute, Biotechnology Development, Bioanalytical and Process Development, Union, New Jersey 07083 and Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Medical Affairs Oncology, Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807, USA
J Biol Chem 280:6327-36. 2005..The higher specific activity associated with the His(34) positional isomer suggests that this site may be favorable for pegylating IFN-alpha2b molecules...
- Severe interstitial pneumonitis secondary to pegylated interferon alpha-2b and ribavirin treatment of hepatitis C infectionValentin Fuhrmann
Department of Internal Medicine 4, General Hospital and University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Dig Dis Sci 49:1966-70. 2004
- Incidence and risk factors for weight loss during dual HIV/hepatitis C virus therapyVincent Lo Re
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 423 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:344-50. 2007..Clinical observations suggest that patients with HIV/hepatitis C virus (HCV) may lose body weight during dual therapy, but this has not been confirmed analytically...
- Weight-based combination therapy with peginterferon alpha-2b and ribavirin for naïve, relapser and non-responder patients with chronic hepatitis CFernando Lopes Gonçales Jr
Faculty of Medical Sciences of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 10:311-6. 2006..All of the non-responder patients who did not have EVR reached SVR. Treatment was discontinued in 13% of the patients, due to loss to follow-up, hematological abnormalities or depression...
- Sustained viral response to pegylated interferon alpha-2b and ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C refractory to prior treatmentA Mathew
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Pan State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, P O Box 850, H045, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:1956-61. 2006..The most important factor in predicting response to therapy is the manner of response to previous treatment. The likelihood of response to treatment can be predicted from the viral titers at 24 weeks...
- Efficacy, tolerability and predictive factors for early and sustained virologic response in patients treated with weight-based dosing regimen of PegIFN alpha-2b ribavirin in real-life healthcare settingLiana Gheorghe
Department of Hepatology, Center of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Fundeni Clinical Institute, Str Fundeni no 258, 72437 Bucharest, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 16:23-9. 2007....
- Efficient expression and purification of human interferon alpha2b in the methylotrophic yeast, Pichia pastorisLinmei Shi
School of Environmental Engineering, Lishui Vocational and Technical College, Lishui, Zhejiang, PR China
Protein Expr Purif 54:220-6. 2007..9 x 10(9)IU/mg. Our results suggest that the P. pastoris expression system can be used to produce large quantities of fully functional hIFN-alpha2b for both research and industrial purpose...
- Therapy of hepatitis C: from empiricism to eradicationJean Michel Pawlotsky
Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Hepatology 43:S207-20. 2006..New treatments and vaccines might make it possible to eradicate HCV in the future...
- Assessment of early virological response to antiviral therapy by comparing four assays for HCV RNA quantitation using the international unit standard: implications for clinical management of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionPhilippe Halfon
Alphabio Laboratory, Marseille, France
J Med Virol 78:208-15. 2006..All assays, however, failed to detect HCV RNA in some cases. Despite the use of the IU standard HCV-infected patients might be monitored with only one assay...
- Peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin for treatment-refractory chronic hepatitis CEdward L Krawitt
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
J Hepatol 43:243-9. 2005..However, little is known about the utility of such regimens for individuals who failed to respond to prior conventional interferon-based treatment...
- Impaired response to interferon-alpha2b plus ribavirin in cirrhotic patients with genotype 3a hepatitis C virus infectionAlessio Aghemo
A M Migliavacca Centre for Liver Disease, Division of Gastroenterology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Antivir Ther 11:797-802. 2006..Evaluation of liver fibrosis is important in the management of patients with genotype 3a hepatitis C, since it helps to predict response to IFN/RBV therapy...
- Interstitial pneumonia recurrence during chronic hepatitis C treatmentChristophe Renou
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1625-6. 2005
- Relapse to prior therapy is the most important factor for the retreatment response in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionAbdurrahman Sagir
Klinik fur Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Infektiologie, Universitätsklinik Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Liver Int 27:954-9. 2007..In this report, we investigated response rates to combination therapy [standard IFN-alpha or PEG-IFN-alpha and ribavirin] in patients who relapsed or failed in prior therapy...
- Overexpression and purification of recombinant human interferon alpha2b in Escherichia coliPoonam Srivastava
Centre for Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067, India
Protein Expr Purif 41:313-22. 2005..The bioassay of the refolded protein gave a specific activity of approximately 3 x 10(9)IU/mg protein...
- Interferon and ribavirin with or without amantadine for interferon non-responders with chronic hepatitis C. A randomized, controlled pilot studyChrista Wenger
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 137:418-23. 2007..Our aim was to compare efficacy and tolerability of an interferon-alfa-2a (INF), ribavirin (RIBA) and amantadine (AMA) combination with those of an INF and RIBA combination...
- Pegylated interferon alfa and ribavirin for 14 versus 24 weeks in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 2 or 3 and rapid virological responseOlav Dalgard
Infectious Disease Department, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Hepatology 47:35-42. 2008..7-17.7). Among patients with an HCV RNA test 24 weeks after the end of treatment, 120 of 139 (86.3%) patients in group A achieved SVR compared with 136 of 146 (93.2%) in group B (difference, 6.9%; 95% confidence interval, -0.1 to +13.9)...
- High predictive value of early viral kinetics in retreatment with peginterferon and ribavirin of chronic hepatitis C patients non-responders to standard combination therapyRami Moucari
Service d hépatologie and INSERM CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Universite Paris VII, Clichy, France
J Hepatol 46:596-604. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in unselected consecutive patients with chronic hepatitis C, treated outside of trials, who were relapsers or non-responders to interferon and ribavirin combination...
- Guidelines for stopping therapy in chronic hepatitis CMark W Russo
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina, CB 7080, Room 1111, Bioinformatics Building, Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 6:17-21. 2004..Progress in defining early treatment stopping points has reduced adverse events in patients who are unlikely to respond to therapy...
- Purification and conformational properties of a human interferon alpha2b produced in Escherichia coliA Beldarrain
Processes and Systems Evaluation Department, Production Plant, CIGB Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 33:173-82. 2001..0, the most stable condition, the conformational stability depends on protein concentration and ionic strength. The highly helical secondary structure is very conserved over the whole pH range studied, including at high temperatures...
- Treatment of acute hepatitis C virus infectionW Vogel
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Innsbruck University
J Hepatol 31:189-92. 1999..More studies are needed to define the role of a higher dose and the start of treatment...
- The role of interferon alpha 2b as an adjunctive treatment in the management of aggressive basal cell carcinoma of the eyelidsS Fenton
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 80:674-5. 2002
- Health-related quality of life in chronic hepatitis C: impact of disease and treatment response. The Interventional Therapy GroupJ E Ware
Health Assessment Lab, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Hepatology 30:550-5. 1999..Successful treatment of CHC improved HQL as measured by both CHC-specific and generic measures of functional health and well being...
- [Induced interstitial pneumonitis: role of pegylated interferon alpha 2b]Pierre Rocca
Fédération des spécialités digestives, Hopital Edouard Herriot, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:405-8. 2002..We discuss the causes of these rare pulmonary alpha-interferon induced complications and the different way to suggest that the pegylated interferon alpha 2b could be related to the risk of pulmonary toxicity of this treatment...
- Temozolomide in combination with interferon alpha-2b in patients with metastatic melanoma: a phase I dose-escalation studySanjiv S Agarwala
Melanoma Center, Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cancer 97:121-7. 2003....
- Biologic activity of polyethylene glycol12000-interferon-alpha2b compared with interferon-alpha2b: gene modulatory and antigrowth effects in tumor cellsKeyur Vyas
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center and Lerner Research Institute, Ohio, USA
J Immunother 26:202-11. 2003..Therefore, although the specific activity of IFN-alpha2b is approximately three times greater than PEG-IFN-alpha2b, the two preparations have identical in vitro biologic activities when applied to cells at equivalent antiviral units...
- Secretion of human interferon alpha 2b by Streptomyces lividansE Pimienta
Departamento de Biotecnologia, Centro de Química Farmacéutica, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 58:189-94. 2002..Experimental evidence suggests that the degrading factor is related to mycelium-associated proteolytic activity...
- Hepatic HCV RNA before and after treatment with interferon alone or combined with ribavirinJohn G McHutchison
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, 10666 N Torrey Pines Road N203, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Hepatology 35:688-93. 2002..In conclusion, measurement of hepatic HCV RNA before or after therapy reflects changes observed in serum HCV RNA, and correlates inversely with hepatic inflammation and fibrosis, but otherwise has minimal clinical use...
- Peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C who have failed prior treatmentMitchell L Shiffman
Hepatology Section, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298, USA
Gastroenterology 126:1015-23; discussion 947. 2004..This study evaluated the effectiveness of this treatment in patients who were nonresponders to previous interferon-based therapy...
- Early and sustained virological response in non-responders with chronic hepatitis C: a randomized open-label study of pegylated interferon-alpha-2a versus pegylated interferon-alpha-2bGaetano Scotto
Clinic of Infectious Diseases, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
Drugs 68:791-801. 2008....
- Pegylated alpha-interferon-2a plus ribavirin compared with pegylated alpha-interferon-2b plus ribavirin for initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus: prospective, non-randomized studyAmparo Escudero
Service of Hepatology, University Hospital Clinic, Department of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:861-6. 2008....
- Optimizing outcomes in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 2 or 3Thomas Berg
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Antivir Ther 13:17-22. 2008..As in genotype 1 and 4 patients, response-guided therapy aims to optimize treatment outcomes for individuals, without compromising SVR rates...
- GANGLIOSIDE GD2 AS TARGET FOR IMMUNOTHERAPY IN MELANOMAKenneth Foon; Fiscal Year: 2004..The third objective is correlation of the quantitative IgG anti-GD2 response with relapse free and overall survival. The fourth is to monitor toxicity. ..
- Differential cytokine responses in Hep C patients.Milton Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will attempt to establish an in vitro system that mimics in vivo events. This combination of experiments should identify factors that are important in the differential responses to treatment and viral resistance. ..
- Cellular Immune Responses in Subjects Exposed to Hepatitis CSanaa Kamal; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to mimic this response to develop vaccine strategies or therapeutic protocols capable of preventing persistent hepatitis C infection. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signaling Pathways in Hepatic FibrogenesisBruce Bacon; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since activated HSC play a key role in hepatic fibrogenesis, these experiments will contribute to an improved understanding of the basic biochemical processes underlying hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Features of HCV and Schistosoma mansoni coinfectionSanaa Kamal; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that investigating this pattern of viral-parasitic interaction will projects will provide useful information for development of more effective diagnostic, prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- HEPATITIS C VIRAL QUASISPECIES WITHIN THE LIVERAdrian Di Bisceglie; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies have great potential significance for understanding of viral clearance, development of persistent infection and for the development of a vaccine against HCV. ..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Phase II trial of 17-AAG in melanoma patientsPaul Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2007..post-treatment specimens, clinically responding tumors vs. non-responding tumors, and mutant BRAF vs. wild-type BRAF tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neoadjuvant Cytokine Immunotherapy by PLA MicrospheresMichael Sabel; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will pursue this area of investigation as a full-time faculty member, with full commitment from the Department of General Surgery and the Division of Surgical Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. ..
- Anti-GD3 NKT cells as effector cells against melanomaPaul Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will provide initial support for an immunotherapeutic approach based on antigen-specific NKT cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Innate and Adaptive Immunity In HCVDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the immunologic factors that determine resolution or persistence of the infection may help in the design of therapies and vaccines for the control of HCV infection. ..
- IMMUNIZATION AGAINST TUMOR CELL ANTIGENSPaul Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This close mentoring relationship reflects our current teaching paradigm. The grant award will provide the PI with more time to conduct the clinical trials and to mentor additional beginning clinical investigators. ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNE RESPONSE IN CHRONIC HEPATITIS CDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into basic immunologic principles associated with the host's immune response to this viral infection, as well as provide the basis for new interventional strategies. ..
- E2F-1 Cancer Gene TherapyKelly McMasters; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will enhance our understanding of E2F-1-mediated cell death and facilitate the design of improved treatment strategies...
- Biologic therapy of Melanoma and Renal Cell CancerMichael Atkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- T Lymphocyte Apoptosis in Hepatitis C PersistenceMargaret Koziel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaRuben Mesa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- RB4 Intravesical Gene Therapy: Mechanisms of Cell DeathWilliam Benedict; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dendrimer aminosaccharide drug to modulate inflammatory responses in shigellosisSunil Shaunak; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Growth Hormone and Rosiglitazone for Visceral AdoposityMarshall Glesby; Fiscal Year: 2007..If the results are as predicted, then combination therapy with rhGH and rosiglitazone may prove to be a highly effective treatment for visceral adiposity in HIV-infected patients. ..
- Pathophysiology and Characterisation of NAFLDMichael Charlton; Fiscal Year: 2009..We believe that these experiments will generate mechanistic insight into the cause and effects of increased oxidative stress in patients with histologically progressive NAFLD. ..
- Antiretroviral Therapy and the Hepatitis C VirusKenneth E Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- HIV-Hepatitis C Virus Interactions and PathogenesisRaymond T Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will shed considerable light on HIV-HCV pathogenic interactions and offer a means of productively disrupting these interactions. ..
- Natural Killer T Cells in an animal model of hepatitis CMargaret Koziel; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interferon-gamma To Treat Chronic HCV InfectionAndrew Muir; Fiscal Year: 2002..Secondary endpoints include the biochemical response, inflammatory and regulatory cytokine levels, and quality of life during treatment. ..
- NOVEL ANIMAL MODELS OF HCV-RELATED HEPATOCARCINOGENESISRaymond Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together, these models will help provide insights into the factors responsible for this devastating complication of chronic HCV infection. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- IMMUNOISOLATION BIOCAPSULES FOR PANCREATIC ISLET CELLSFrank Martin; Fiscal Year: 2003..The implant will keep transplanted islet cells sequestered from the recipient's immune system. It will be durable, rechargeable and, if problems develop, removable. ..
- VIRAL AND IMMUNE RESPONSE TO THERAPY FOR HIV IN THE GALTAndrew Talal; Fiscal Year: 2003..This project amy provide important insights into the amount of time needed to treat HIV- infected individuals and may provide novel approaches by which to monitor therapeutic responses in these individuals. ..
- HCV Genomic Variability in HIV Infected HemophiliacsKenneth Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Treatment nonresponders will be followed in a prospective cohort study for up to 3 additional years so that the evolution of the virus, and its associated immune response in this group can be evaluated. ..
- PEPTIDE VACCINES WITH/WITHOUT GMCSF IN STAGE IV MELANOMAJohn Kirkwood; Fiscal Year: 2004..Knowledge of the immune responses to be analyzed here will accelerate progress in the development of vaccines for melanoma on other solid tumors. ..
- Suppression of Hepatoma Cell Growth by CelecoxibKe Qin Hu; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HCV VARIANTS AND IMMUNE RESPONSE IN INJECTION DRUG USERSTeresa Wright; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, with the establishment of this cohort, we will be able to store serum and lymphocytes for future analysis of genetic determinants of viral persistence/clearance. ..
- Proteomics and Biomarkers for Hepatocellular CancerNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2004..cohort of patients with HCV and cirrhosis who are randomized to treatment with either low dose PEGylated interferon alfa 2b or colchicine and are followed for 4 years with rigorous clinical screening for HCC...
- Chemical Genetics:Cellular Regulators of HCV (RMI)Raymond Chung; Fiscal Year: 2004..Second, discovery of hit compounds that positively or negatively regulate HCV replication will ultimately help lead to identification of novel cellular targets that can be exploited to further interrupt the viral lifecycle. ..
- Antiviral Therapy in African Americans with HCVNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specimens of liver tissue and serum will be collected for basic studies on viral resistance. These studies should help determine the best therapy for AA with HCV. ..
- ESTROGEN, DIET, GENETICS AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCERSara Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide data on genetic susceptibility in endometrial cancer in conjunction with established risk factors, as well as the first epidemiologic data on the more lethal serous and clear cell tumors. ..
- PROTEIN LIPID INTERACTIONS IN GALLSTONE PATHOGENESISNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may lead to strategies for the prevention and non-surgical therapy of this very common disease. ..
- Addiction Medicine Physicians and Care for Hepatitis CALAIN LITWIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data from this study will have relevance to both drug abuse treatment policy and clinical practice. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of lipid response to estrogen therapyJeanette McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2009..This may result in future clinically useful diagnostic tests that aid postmenopausal women in their decision whether to use estrogen therapy. ..