Genomes and Genes
merozoite surface protein 1
Summary: A surface protein found on Plasmodium species which induces a T-cell response. The antigen is polymorphic, sharing amino acid sequence homology among PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM CHABAUDI; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; and PLASMODIUM YOELII.
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Estimating medium- and long-term trends in malaria transmission by using serological markers of malaria exposureC J Drakeley
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5108-13. 2005..Thus, serological tools allow us to detect variations in malaria transmission over time. Such tools will be invaluable for monitoring trends in malaria endemicity and the effectiveness of malaria control programs...
- Genetic diversity among Plasmodium falciparum field isolates in Pakistan measured with PCR genotyping of the merozoite surface protein 1 and 2Najia K Ghanchi
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, PO Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Malar J 9:1. 2010..This study aimed to establish molecular characterization of P. falciparum field isolates in Pakistan measured with two highly polymorphic genetic markers, i.e. the merozoite surface protein 1 (msp-1)and 2 (msp-2).
- Phase Ia clinical evaluation of the Plasmodium falciparum blood-stage antigen MSP1 in ChAd63 and MVA vaccine vectorsSusanne H Sheehy
Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Mol Ther 19:2269-76. 2011..falciparum blood-stage malaria antigen merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1)...
- Dried blood spots as a source of anti-malarial antibodies for epidemiological studiesPatrick H Corran
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Malar J 7:195. 2008..Although recommendations for the storage and analysis of small molecule analytes in blood spots exist, there are no published systematic studies of the stability of antibodies under different storage conditions...
- Immunoglobulin G subclass-specific responses against Plasmodium falciparum merozoite antigens are associated with control of parasitemia and protection from symptomatic illnessDanielle I Stanisic
Infection and Immunity Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Australia
Infect Immun 77:1165-74. 2009..IgG and IgG subclass responses to the merozoite antigens MSP1-19 (the 19-kDa C-terminal region of merozoite surface protein 1), MSP2 (merozoite surface protein 2), and AMA-1 (apical membrane antigen 1), including different ..
- Plasmodium vivax: who cares?Mary R Galinski
Emory Vaccine Center and Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 7:S9. 2008....
- Practical PCR genotyping protocols for Plasmodium vivax using Pvcs and Pvmsp1Mallika Imwong
Department of Clinical Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Malar J 4:20. 2005..P. vivax resistance to drugs has more recently emerged and monitoring the situation would be helped, as for P. falciparum, by molecular methods that can be used to characterize parasites in field studies and drug efficacy trials...
- Mosaic organization and heterogeneity in frequency of allelic recombination of the Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein-1 locusChaturong Putaporntip
Laboratory of Biology and Department of Mathematics, Osaka Institute of Technology, Osaka 535 8585, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16348-53. 2002..Meanwhile, highly reduced nucleotide diversity was noted in a region encoding the 19-kDa C-terminal epidermal growth factor-like domain of merozoite surface protein-1, a vaccine candidate...
- A principal target of human immunity to malaria identified by molecular population genetic and immunological analysesD J Conway
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel St, London WC1E 7HT
Nat Med 6:689-92. 2000..Analysis of allele frequency distributions could identify the loci under most intense selection. The merozoite surface protein 1 (Msp1) is the most-abundant surface component on the erythrocyte-invading stage of P. falciparum...
- Cohort study of the association of antibody levels to AMA1, MSP119, MSP3 and GLURP with protection from clinical malaria in Ghanaian childrenDaniel Dodoo
Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
Malar J 7:142. 2008..This study was aimed at assessing in a standardized manner the relationship between the antibody responses to four malaria vaccine candidate antigens and protection from clinical malaria, in a cohort of Ghanaian children...
- Plasmodium falciparum msp1, msp2 and glurp allele frequency and diversity in sub-Saharan AfricaFelista Mwingira
Dares Salaam University College of Education P O BOX 2329, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Malar J 10:79. 2011..This study presents the genetic diversity of P. falciparum msp1, msp2 and glurp markers in selected sub-Saharan Africa countries with varying levels of endemicity namely Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Burkina Faso and São Tomé...
- Isolation of viable Plasmodium falciparum merozoites to define erythrocyte invasion events and advance vaccine and drug developmentMichelle J Boyle
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14378-83. 2010..These findings have important implications for defining invasion events and molecular interactions, understanding immune interactions, and identifying and evaluating inhibitors to advance vaccine and drug development...
- Antibodies to the conserved C-terminal domain of the Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 and to the merozoite extract and their relationship with in vitro inhibitory antibodies and protection against clinical malaria in a Senegalese villageRonald Perraut
Unite d immunologie, Institut Pasteur de Dakar, 36 Ave Pasteur, BP 220, Dakar, Senegal
J Infect Dis 191:264-71. 2005Antibodies to Plasmodium falciparum C-terminal merozoite surface protein 1 (PfMSP-1p19) have been correlated with protection against malaria, but this association may apply to many merozoite antigens...
- Plasmodium falciparum 19-kilodalton merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1)-specific antibodies that interfere with parasite growth in vitro can inhibit MSP1 processing, merozoite invasion, and intracellular parasite developmentDavid K Moss
Division of Parasitology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 80:1280-7. 2012b>Merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) is a target for malaria vaccine development...
- A malaria vaccine based on the polymorphic block 2 region of MSP-1 that elicits a broad serotype-spanning immune responseGraeme J M Cowan
Institute of Immunology and Infection Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e26616. 2011..The target population for such a vaccine is young children and vulnerable adults, to accelerate the acquisition of a full range of malaria protective antibodies against this polymorphic parasite antigen...
- Antigenic polymorphism and naturally acquired antibodies to Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein 1 in rural AmazoniansMelissa S Bastos
Laboratories of Immunoepidemology, Institute of Tropical Medicine of São Paulo, University of Sao Paulo, 05403 000 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1249-59. 2007b>Merozoite surface protein 1 of Plasmodium vivax (PvMSP-1), a major target for malaria vaccine development, contains six highly polymorphic domains interspersed with conserved sequences...
- Differential prevalence of Plasmodium infections and cryptic Plasmodium knowlesi malaria in humans in ThailandChaturong Putaporntip
Molecular Biology of Malaria and Opportunistic Parasites Research Unit, Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Infect Dis 199:1143-50. 2009..A case of human infection with Plasmodium knowlesi has been recently discovered in Thailand. To investigate the prevalence of this malaria species, a molecular-based survey was performed...
- The carboxy-terminus of merozoite surface protein 1: structure, specific antibodies and immunity to malariaA A Holder
Division of Parasitology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London
Parasitology 136:1445-56. 2009Over the last 30 years, evidence has been gathered suggesting that merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) is a target of protective immunity against malaria...
- Immunogenicity and protective efficacy of Escherichia coli expressed Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein-1(42) using human compatible adjuvantsSuraksha Sachdeva
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, India
Vaccine 24:2007-16. 2006..berghei/P. falciparum chimeric line (Pb-PfM19) that expresses Plasmodium falciparum MSP-1(19). These findings may be useful for the development of a malaria vaccine based on Plasmodium falciparum MSP-1(42)...
- Efficacy of two alternate vaccines based on Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 in an Aotus challenge trialA W Stowers
Malaria Vaccine Development Unit, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Inc, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Infect Immun 69:1536-46. 2001..attempt to produce a more defined, clinical-grade version of a vaccine based on Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1), we evaluated the efficacy of two recombinant forms of MSP1 in an Aotus nancymai challenge model ..
- A polyvalent hybrid protein elicits antibodies against the diverse allelic types of block 2 in Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1Kevin K A Tetteh
Department of Pathogen Molecular Biology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Vaccine 29:7811-7. 2011b>Merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) of Plasmodium falciparum has been implicated as an important target of acquired immunity, and candidate components for a vaccine include polymorphic epitopes in the N-terminal polymorphic block 2 region...
- Recombinant viral vaccines expressing merozoite surface protein-1 induce antibody- and T cell-mediated multistage protection against malariaSimon J Draper
The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus Research Building, Oxford OX3 7DQ, UK
Cell Host Microbe 5:95-105. 2009..Multistage immunity against malaria can thus be achieved by using viral vectors recombinant for MSP-1...
- IgG subclasses pattern and high-avidity antibody to the C-terminal region of merozoite surface protein 1 of Plasmodium vivax in an unstable hypoendemic region in IranAkram Abouie Mehrizi
Biotechnology Research Center, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
Acta Trop 112:1-7. 2009The C-terminal region of Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein 1 (PvMSP-1(19)) is a leading vaccine candidate for inclusion in a polyvalent malaria vaccine...
- Comparison of Plasmodium falciparum allelic frequency distribution in different endemic settings by high-resolution genotypingSonja Schoepflin
Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Malar J 8:250. 2009..These previous reports relied on low resolution genotyping techniques...
- Merozoite surface proteins of the malaria parasite: the MSP1 complex and the MSP7 familyMadhusudan Kadekoppala
Division of Parasitology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Int J Parasitol 40:1155-61. 2010..This article reviews the role of the MSP1 complex in the biology of the host parasite interface with a focus on MSP7 and related proteins that are coded by gene families in each of the different Plasmodium spp...
- Molecular characterization of Plasmodium vivax clinical isolates in Pakistan and Iran using pvmsp-1, pvmsp-3alpha and pvcsp genes as molecular markersSedigheh Zakeri
Malaria and Vector Research Group, Biotechnology Research Center, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
Parasitol Int 59:15-21. 2010..6% for Pakistani and Iranian P. vivax isolates, respectively. These results indicate an extensive diversity in the P. vivax populations in both studies...
- Antibodies to the N-terminal block 2 of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 are associated with protection against clinical malariaDavid R Cavanagh
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Rd, EH9 3JT, Scotland, UK
Infect Immun 72:6492-502. 2004..prospective study shows that antibodies to the N-terminal block 2 region of the Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1) are associated with protection against clinical malaria in an area of stable but seasonal ..
- A comparative study of the genetic diversity of the 42kDa fragment of the merozoite surface protein 1 in Plasmodium falciparum and P. vivaxM Andreina Pacheco
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, P O Box 874501, Tempe, AZ 85287 4501, United States
Infect Genet Evol 7:180-7. 2007We investigated the genetic diversity of the 42kDa fragment of the merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1) antigen in Plasmodium falciparum and P. vivax, as well as in non-human primate malarial parasites...
- Malaria-specific antibody responses and parasite persistence after infection of mice with Plasmodium chabaudi chabaudiA H Achtman
Division of Parasitology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London, UK
Parasite Immunol 29:435-44. 2007..These data suggest that there may be an antibody-independent component to the early control of secondary infections in mice that are chronically infected...
- Plasmodium falciparum genotypes, low complexity of infection, and resistance to subsequent malaria in participants in the Asembo Bay Cohort ProjectO H Branch
Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Infect Immun 69:7783-92. 2001....
- Optimization and validation of multi-coloured capillary electrophoresis for genotyping of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface proteins (msp1 and 2)Anne Liljander
Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Malar J 8:78. 2009..falciparum msp1 and msp2 has been adapted to the CE technique. The protocol and optimization process as well as the potentials and limitations of the technique in molecular epidemiology studies and anti-malarial drug trials are reported...
- Characterization of allelic variation in the Babesia bovis merozoite surface antigen 1 (MSA-1) locus and identification of a cross-reactive inhibition-sensitive MSA-1 epitopeC E Suarez
Program in Vector Borne Diseases, Animal Disease Research Unit, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Washington 99164, USA
Infect Immun 68:6865-70. 2000....
- Comparative recognition by human IgG antibodies of recombinant proteins representing three asexual erythrocytic stage vaccine candidates of Plasmodium vivaxMayara B Barbedo
Departamento de Analises Clinicas e Toxicologicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Súo Paulo, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 102:335-9. 2007..The reason for that is presently unknown but it may contribute to the high risk of re-infection in individuals living in the endemic areas...
- Plasmodium falciparum genotypes diversity in symptomatic malaria of children living in an urban and a rural setting in Burkina FasoIssiaka Soulama
Centre National de Recherche et de Formation sur le Paludisme, 01 BP 2208 Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso
Malar J 8:135. 2009..The analysis of the Plasmodium falciparum genetic diversity in children with uncomplicated malaria, living in these two different areas, may help to understand the effect of urbanization on the distribution of P. falciparum genotypes...
- Plasmodium vivax circumsporozoite genotypes: a limited variation or new subspecies with major biological consequences?Wanessa C Souza-Neiras
Departamento de Biologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista Julio Mesquita Filho, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
Malar J 9:178. 2010..Although previous studies have observed significant association between VK210 and the Duffy blood group, we present here that evidences of this variation are limited to the CSP central portion...
- Evaluation of the naturally acquired antibody immune response to the Pv200L N-terminal fragment of Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein-1 in four areas of the Amazon Region of BrazilLuciane M Storti-Melo
University of São Paulo State Júlio Mesquita Filho, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:58-63. 2011..Results of this study provide evidence that Pv200L is a naturally immunogenic fragment of the PvMSP-1 and is associated with the degree of exposure to parasites. The fine specificity of antibodies to Pv200L is currently being assessed...
- Plasmodium berghei circumvents immune responses induced by merozoite surface protein 1- and apical membrane antigen 1-based vaccinesShigeto Yoshida
Division of Medical Zoology, Department of Infection and Immunity, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e13727. 2010..malaria blood-stage vaccine candidate antigens for Plasmodium falciparum, the C-terminal region of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1(19)) and apical membrane antigen 1 (AMA1), have been prioritized because of outstanding ..
- Repeat sequences in block 2 of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 are targets of antibodies associated with protection from malariaSpencer D Polley
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Infect Immun 71:1833-42. 2003Human antibodies to the block 2 region of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) are associated with a reduced prospective risk of clinical malaria...
- Isolation and characterization of the MSP1 genes from Plasmodium malariae and Plasmodium ovaleLarry Birkenmeyer
Abbott Diagnostics, Infectious Diseases R and D, Dept 09NB, Bldg AP20, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6015, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:996-1003. 2010The merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) is the principal surface antigen of the blood stage form of the Plasmodium parasite...
- Crystal structure of a Fab complex formed with PfMSP1-19, the C-terminal fragment of merozoite surface protein 1 from Plasmodium falciparum: a malaria vaccine candidateJ C Pizarro
Unité d Immunologie Structurale CNRS URA 2185, Departement de Biologie Structurale et Chimie, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris, Cedex 15, France
J Mol Biol 328:1091-103. 2003b>Merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) is the major protein component on the surface of the merozoite, the erythrocyte-invasive form of the malaria parasite Plasmodium...
- [No influence of season of transmission nor age of patients on the complexity and genetic diversity of Plasmodium falciparum infection in Cotonou, Benin]S Issifou
, , , 04 B.P 0320, Cotonou,
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 94:195-8. 2001..Data obtained here will serve as a baseline for future studies, such as the impact of malaria control measures on parasite populations, to be conducted in Cotonou...
- Genetic diversity of the malaria vaccine candidate merozoite surface protein 1 gene of Plasmodium vivax field isolates in Republic of KoreaEun Taek Han
Department of Parasitology, Kangwon National University School of Medicine, Hyoja2 dong, Chuncheon, Gangwon do 200 701, Republic of Korea
Parasitol Res 109:1571-6. 2011The Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein 1 (Pvmsp-1) locus codes for a major asexual blood-stage antigen currently proposed as a malaria vaccine candidate antigen...
- Analysis of immunological nonresponsiveness to the 19-kilodalton fragment of merozoite surface Protein 1 of Plasmodium yoelii: rescue by chemical conjugation to diphtheria toxoid (DT) and enhancement of immunogenicity by prior DT vaccinationDanielle I Stanisic
The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane 4029, Australia
Infect Immun 71:5700-13. 2003The Plasmodium merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) is a leading vaccine candidate for protecting against the blood stage of malaria...
- Lineage-specific positive selection at the merozoite surface protein 1 (msp1) locus of Plasmodium vivax and related simian malaria parasitesHiromi Sawai
Laboratory of Malariology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
BMC Evol Biol 10:52. 2010The 200 kDa merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1) of malaria parasites, a strong vaccine candidate, plays a key role during erythrocyte invasion and is a target of host protective immune response...
- Non-variant specific antibody responses to the C-terminal region of merozoite surface protein-1 of Plasmodium falciparum (PfMSP-1(19)) in Iranians exposed to unstable malaria transmissionSedigheh Zakeri
Malaria and Vector Research Group MVRG, Biotechnology Research Center, Institut Pasteur Iran, Pasteur Avenue, PO ONL001740209 BOX 1316943551, Tehran, Iran
Malar J 9:257. 2010....
- The generation and evaluation of recombinant human IgA specific for Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1-19 (PfMSP1 19)Jianguo Shi
Institute of Genetics, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
BMC Biotechnol 11:77. 2011..Although human serum immunoglobulin A (IgA) is the second most abundant class of antibody in the circulation, its contribution, if any, to protective responses against malaria is not clear...
- Estimating individual exposure to malaria using local prevalence of malaria infection in the fieldAlly Olotu
Kenya Medical Research Institute, Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Centre for Geographic Medicine Research, Kilifi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 7:e32929. 2012..Analysis may be facilitated by taking into account the variability in individual exposure levels, but it is unclear how exposure can be estimated at an individual level...
- Stability and potency of the Plasmodium falciparum MSP1-19/AMA-1(III) chimeric vaccine candidate with Montanide ISA720 adjuvantXiangyang Xue
Department of Pathogen Biology, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiang Yin Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Vaccine 28:3152-8. 2010..These data indicated that the vaccine emulsion was stable over long periods of storage and maintained both its physical and biological properties...
- Immunogenic properties of a recombinant fusion protein containing the C-terminal 19 kDa of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein-1 and the innate immunity agonist FliC flagellin of Salmonella typhimuriumDaniel Y Bargieri
Centro Interdisciplinar de Terapia Gênica CINTERGEN, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Brazil
Vaccine 28:2818-26. 2010..falciparum strains. In summary, these results extend our previous observations and further demonstrate that fusion of the innate immunity agonist FliC to Plasmodium antigens is a promising alternative to improve their immunogenicity...
- Temporal stability of naturally acquired immunity to Merozoite Surface Protein-1 in Kenyan adultsArlene E Dent
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Malar J 8:162. 2009....
- Limited polymorphism of the Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein 1 gene in isolates from TurkeyFadile Yildiz Zeyrek
Department of Microbiology, Harran University Medical Faculty, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:1230-7. 2010..Data suggest a recent population bottleneck in Turkey that may have obscured a signature for balancing selection in the C-terminal 42-kD region, which was otherwise detectable in other areas...
- Regulated maturation of malaria merozoite surface protein-1 is essential for parasite growthMatthew A Child
Division of Parasitology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Mol Microbiol 78:187-202. 2010..Our findings show that correct spatiotemporal regulation of MSP1 maturation is crucial for the function of the protein and for maintenance of the parasite asexual blood-stage life cycle...
- The multiplicity of Plasmodium falciparum infections is associated with acquired immunity to asexual blood stage antigensPembe Issamou Mayengue
Unite de Recherches Medicales, Hopital Albert Schweitzer, Lambarene, Gabon
Microbes Infect 11:108-14. 2009..These findings suggest that the multiplicity of falciparum infection may be a potentially useful parameter in the evaluation of malaria control interventions...
- Antibodies against multiple merozoite surface antigens of the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum inhibit parasite maturation and red blood cell invasionUte Woehlbier
Zentrum für Molekulare Biologie ZMBH, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Malar J 9:77. 2010..merozoites expose at their surface a large protein complex, which is composed of fragments of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1; called MSP-183, MSP-130, MSP-138, and MSP-142) plus associated processing products of MSP-6 and ..
- Distribution of Plasmodium falciparum genotypes in clinically mild and severe malaria cases in Orissa, IndiaM R Ranjit
Regional Medical Research Centre ICMR, Po S E Rly Complex, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar 751023, Orissa, India
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 99:389-95. 2005..001) in severe cases than in mild cases; and (iii) comparison with the findings of other studies leads to the conclusion that the distribution of P. falciparum genotypes between different clinical groups differs geographically...
- The requirement for potent adjuvants to enhance the immunogenicity and protective efficacy of protein vaccines can be overcome by prior immunization with a recombinant adenovirusSimone C de Cassan
The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford OX3 7DQ, United Kingdom
J Immunol 187:2602-16. 2011....
- Interactions with heparin-like molecules during erythrocyte invasion by Plasmodium falciparum merozoitesMichelle J Boyle
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Blood 115:4559-68. 2010..Consistent with this, we demonstrated that MSP1-42, a processed form of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1) involved in invasion, bound heparin in a specific manner; furthermore, binding was observed with ..
- New candidate vaccines against blood-stage Plasmodium falciparum malaria: prime-boost immunization regimens incorporating human and simian adenoviral vectors and poxviral vectors expressing an optimized antigen based on merozoite surface protein 1Anna L Goodman
The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 78:4601-12. 2010Although merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1) is a leading candidate vaccine antigen for blood-stage malaria, its efficacy in clinical trials has been limited in part by antigenic polymorphism and potentially by the inability of protein-..
- Genetic structure of Plasmodium vivax isolates from two malaria endemic areas in AfghanistanSedigheh Zakeri
Malaria and Vector Research Group, Biotechnology Research Center, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
Acta Trop 113:12-9. 2010..PCR/RFLP products with Hha I and Alu I were detected 52 and 38 distinct variants among Nangarhar and Herat isolates, respectively. These results strongly indicate that the P. vivax populations in Afghanistan are highly diverse...
- Genotyping of Plasmodium spp. Nested PCRGeorges Snounou
Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Methods Mol Med 72:103-16. 2002
- Anti-MSP1 block 2 antibodies are effective at parasite killing in an allele-specific manner by monocyte-mediated antibody-dependent cellular inhibitionCorine Demanga Galamo
Biomedical Parasitology Unit, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 199:1151-4. 2009..However, the ADCI effect was strictly allele specific. Our findings highlight a new mechanism involving MSP1 in the protection against malaria...
- Tailoring subunit vaccine immunogenicity: maximizing antibody and T cell responses by using combinations of adenovirus, poxvirus and protein-adjuvant vaccines against Plasmodium falciparum MSP1Alexander D Douglas
Jenner Institute, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Vaccine 28:7167-78. 2010..Here, we demonstrate in mice using a Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (PfMSP1) antigen that novel regimes combining adenovirus and poxvirus vectored vaccines with protein ..
- High frequency of genetic diversity of Plasmodium vivax field isolates in MyanmarSung Ung Moon
Division of Malaria and Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Health, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Seoul 122 701, Republic of Korea
Acta Trop 109:30-6. 2009..These results collectively suggest that the P. vivax population in Myanmar is highly diverse and multiple clonal infections are prevalent in the country...
- New malaria vaccine candidates based on the Plasmodium vivax Merozoite Surface Protein-1 and the TLR-5 agonist Salmonella Typhimurium FliC flagellinDaniel Y Bargieri
Centro Interdisciplinar de Terapia Gênica CINTERGEN, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Rua Mirassol 207, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Vaccine 26:6132-42. 2008..It contains intrinsic adjuvant properties and enhanced ability to induce specific humoral and cellular immune responses when administered alone or in combination with other adjuvants...
- Malaria vaccine-related benefits of a single protein comprising Plasmodium falciparum apical membrane antigen 1 domains I and II fused to a modified form of the 19-kilodalton C-terminal fragment of merozoite surface protein 1Bart W Faber
Department of Parasitology, Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Lange Kleiweg 157, 2288 GJ Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Infect Immun 75:5947-55. 2007....
- Rapid dissemination of newly introduced Plasmodium vivax genotypes in South KoreaYien Kyoung Choi
Center for Immunology and Pathology, National Institute of Health, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:426-32. 2010..A similar variation was observed by CSP gene analysis; a new CSP subtype was found. Understanding genetic variation patterns of the parasite may help to analyze trends and assess extent of endemic malaria in South Korea...
- Naturally-acquired humoral immune responses against the N- and C-termini of the Plasmodium vivax MSP1 protein in endemic regions of Brazil and Papua New Guinea using a multiplex assayCarmen Fernandez-Becerra
Barcelona Centre for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Rosello 132, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Malar J 9:29. 2010....
- Ancient common ancestry of the merozoite surface protein 1 of Plasmodium vivax as inferred from its homologue in Plasmodium knowlesiChaturong Putaporntip
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Mol Biochem Parasitol 146:105-8. 2006
- Merozoite surface protein 1 of Plasmodium vivax induces a protective response against Plasmodium cynomolgi challenge in rhesus monkeysSheetij Dutta
Department of Immunology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Infect Immun 73:5936-44. 2005The 42-kDa fragment of the merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1(42)) is a leading candidate for the development of a vaccine to control malaria...
- The oligomerization domain of C4-binding protein (C4bp) acts as an adjuvant, and the fusion protein comprised of the 19-kilodalton merozoite surface protein 1 fused with the murine C4bp domain protects mice against malariaSolabomi A Ogun
Division of Parasitology, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 76:3817-23. 2008..Plasmodium yoelii 19-kDa merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1(19)) is a weak antigen, but mice vaccinated with this antigen in strong adjuvants can survive an ..
- Genetic diversity of Plasmodium vivax in Kolkata, IndiaJung Ryong Kim
Department of Clinical Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Malar J 5:71. 2006..There has been limited information on the genotypic polymorphism of P. vivax in this malaria endemic area. Three highly polymorphic and single copy genes were selected for a study of genetic diversity in Kolkata strains...
- Fine specificity of anti-MSP119 antibodies and multiplicity of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 types in individuals in Nigeria with sub-microscopic infectionJosiane Ngoundou-Landji
1Université des Sciences et Techniques de Masuku, Franceville, Gabon
Malar J 9:287. 2010The absence of antibodies specific for the 19 kDa C-terminal domain of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP119) has been associated with high-density malaria parasitaemia in African populations...
- Inhibition of erythrocyte invasion and Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 processing by human immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) and IgG3 antibodiesMaria Lazarou
Institute of Genetics, School of Biology, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 77:5659-67. 2009Antigen-specific antibodies (Abs) to the 19-kDa carboxy-terminal region of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1(19)) play an important role in protective immunity to malaria. Mouse monoclonal Abs (MAbs) 12.10 and 12...
- The generation and evaluation of two panels of epitope-matched mouse IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b and IgG3 antibodies specific for Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium yoelii merozoite surface protein 1-19 (MSP1(19))Jaime R Adame-Gallegos
Lab C4, Institute of Genetics, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Exp Parasitol 130:384-93. 2012..mouse IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b and IgG3 specific for the C-terminal 19-kDa region of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (PfMSP1(19)), and to the homologous antigen from Plasmodium yoelii (P...
- Impact of pre-existing MSP1(42)-allele specific immunity on potency of an erythrocytic Plasmodium falciparum vaccineElke S Bergmann-Leitner
Malaria Vaccine Branch, US Military Malaria Vaccine Program, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Malar J 11:315. 2012..The purpose of this study was to model the effect of pre-existing immunity to MSP142 on the immunogenicity of blood-stage malaria vaccines based on alternative MSP1 alleles...
- Adjuvant requirement for successful immunization with recombinant derivatives of Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein-1 delivered via the intranasal routeDaniel Y Bargieri
Centro Interdisiciplinar de Terapia Gênica, Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Mirassol 207, 04044 010 São Paulo, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 102:313-7. 2007..Considering the limitations of antigens formulations that can be used in humans, mucosal adjuvants can be a reliable alternative for the development of new strategies of immunization using recombinant proteins of P. vivax...
- Restricted genetic diversity of Plasmodium falciparum major merozoite surface protein 1 in isolates from ColombiaZilka I Terrientes
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Panama, Panama City, Panama
Am J Trop Med Hyg 73:55-61. 2005The merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1) gene of Plasmodium falciparum encodes a major immune target under development as a malaria vaccine. In this study, we typed MSP-1 variable regions of parasites obtained from Buenaventura, Colombia...
- Phase 1 study in malaria naïve adults of BSAM2/Alhydrogel®+CPG 7909, a blood stage vaccine against P. falciparum malariaRuth D Ellis
Laboratory of Malaria Immunology and Vaccinology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health NIAID NIH, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46094. 2012..In vitro growth inhibition was demonstrated and was closely correlated with anti-AMA1 antibody responses. A Phase 1b trial in malaria-exposed adults is being conducted...
- Differential effects of C3d on the immunogenicity of gene gun vaccines encoding Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium berghei MSP1(42)Richard Weiss
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Salzburg, Hellbrunnerstrasse 34, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Vaccine 28:4515-22. 2010..Our data underscore the controversial role of C3d as molecular adjuvant...
- The quantity and quality of African children's IgG responses to merozoite surface antigens reflect protection against Plasmodium falciparum malariaDavid Courtin
Medical Microbiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e7590. 2009..Evaluating such responses in longitudinal sero-epidemiological field studies, allied to increasing knowledge of the immunological mechanisms associated with anti-malarial protection, will help in the development of malaria vaccines...
- Human saliva as a source of anti-malarial antibodies to examine population exposure to Plasmodium falciparumPatricia Tabernero Estévez
Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Malar J 10:104. 2011..In this study, antibodies to Plasmodium falciparum merozoite antigens were compared between blood and saliva samples from the same individuals in unlinked surveys conducted in Tanzania and The Gambia...
- Age-related differences in naturally acquired T cell memory to Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1Kiprotich Chelimo
Center for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
PLoS ONE 6:e24852. 2011..we evaluated CD4 and CD8 T-cell effector memory subset responses to the 42 kDa C-terminal fragment of Merozoite Surface Protein 1 (MSP1(42)), a malaria vaccine candidate, by 49 healthy 0...
- Molecular genetic characterization of the merozoite surface protein 1 Gene of Plasmodium vivax from reemerging Korean isolatesSo Hee Kim
Department of Malariology, Paik Institute for Clinical Research, Inje University College of Medicine, Jin gu, Busan, South Korea
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:733-8. 2009Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein 1 (PvMSP-1) has been considered a major candidate for the development of an antimalaria vaccine, but the molecule exhibits antigenic diversity among isolates...
- Production of the 42-kDa fragment of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1, a leading malaria vaccine antigen, in Arabidopsis thaliana seedsOn Sun Lau
Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Plant Biotechnol J 8:994-1004. 2010..vaccine production platform and successfully expressed the Plasmodium falciparum 42-kDa fragment of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1₄₂), a leading malaria vaccine candidate, at a high level in transgenic Arabidopsis seeds...
- Genetic diversity and recombination at the C-terminal fragment of the merozoite surface protein-1 of Plasmodium vivax (PvMSP-1) in Sri LankaSajani Dias
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo, No 94, Cumaratunga Munidasa Mawatha, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
Infect Genet Evol 11:145-56. 2011..In contrast, PvMSP-1(19) is highly conserved(,) greatly enhancing its suitability as a malaria vaccine candidate...
- Gene gun-based co-immunization of merozoite surface protein-1 cDNA with IL-12 expression plasmid confers protection against lethal Plasmodium yoelii in A/J miceTohru Sakai
Department of Parasitology and Immunology, University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Japan
Vaccine 21:1432-44. 2003..yoelii. The results indicate that combined vaccination with DNA encoding antigenic peptides plus IL-12 DNA provides a strategy for improving the prophylactic efficacy of a vaccine for malaria infection...
- Population diversity and antibody selective pressure to Plasmodium falciparum MSP1 block2 locus in an African malaria-endemic settingNitchakarn Noranate
Institut Pasteur, Unité d Immunologie Moléculaire des Parasites, CNRS URA 2581, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
BMC Microbiol 9:219. 2009..To address this question, population allelic polymorphism and sequence variant-specific antibody responses were studied in a single Senegalese rural community where malaria transmission is intense and perennial...
- Genetic polymorphism of merozoite surface protein-1 and merozoite surface protein-2 in Plasmodium falciparum field isolates from MyanmarJung Mi Kang
Department of Parasitology, Brain Korea 21 Biomedical Center, and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju 660 751, South Korea
Malar J 9:131. 2010..falciparum represents a major obstacle for the development of an effective vaccine. In this study, genetic polymorphism of MSP-1 and MSP-2 among P. falciparum field isolates from Myanmar was analysed...
- The role of the 19-kDa region of merozoite surface protein 1 and whole-parasite-specific maternal antibodies in directing neonatal pups' responses to rodent malaria infectionDanielle I Stanisic
Queensland Institute of Medical Research and Co operative Research Centre for Vaccine Technology, Brisbane, Australia
J Immunol 171:5461-9. 2003..Studies on mouse pups were performed to determine the role of the 19-kDa region of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1(19)) and Plasmodium yoelii-specific Abs in neonatal malaria infection and to examine their effect ..
- Genetic diversity and genotype multiplicity of Plasmodium falciparum infections in symptomatic individuals living in Bangui (CAR)Virginie Dolmazon
Institut Pasteur de Bangui, BP 923, Bangui, Central African Republic
Acta Trop 107:37-42. 2008..falciparum may vary within Bangui and (ii) showed that immunocompromised HIV-positive patients tend to have a lower average number of msp-2 allele per isolate than immunocompetent patients...
- Development of fluorescent Plasmodium falciparum for in vitro growth inhibition assaysDanny W Wilson
Infection and Immunity Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria, 3050, Australia
Malar J 9:152. 2010..However, several constraints have limited the use of these assays in large-scale population studies, vaccine trials and compound screening for drug discovery and development...
- Growth-inhibitory antibodies are not necessary for protective immunity to malaria infectionE Elsa Herdiana Murhandarwati
Department of Microbiology, Monash University, Clayton 3800, Victoria, Australia
Infect Immun 78:680-7. 2010..this issue in the Plasmodium yoelii rodent malaria model using the 19-kDa C-terminal fragment of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1(19))...
- Inhibitory antibodies specific for the 19-kilodalton fragment of merozoite surface protein 1 do not correlate with delayed appearance of infection with Plasmodium falciparum in semi-immune individuals in VietnamE Elsa Herdiana Murhandarwati
Department of Microbiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Infect Immun 77:4510-7. 2009Inhibitory antibodies specific for the 19-kDa fragment of merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1(19)) are a significant component of inhibitory responses in individuals immune to malaria...
- Characterization of conserved T- and B-cell epitopes in Plasmodium falciparum major merozoite surface protein 1M Parra
Departments of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Infect Immun 68:2685-91. 2000..Conserved epitopes are the most desirable, but they are often poorly immunogenic. The major merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP-1) is currently a leading vaccine candidate antigen...
- Site-based study on polymorphism of Plasmodium falciparum MSP-1 and MSP-2 genes in isolates from two villages in Central AfricaF Ntoumi
Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville CIRMF, BP 769, Franceville, Gabon
Parassitologia 42:197-203. 2000..Data are interpreted in the context of malaria epidemiology in both settings...
- A phase 1 trial of PfCP2.9: an AMA1/MSP1 chimeric recombinant protein vaccine for Plasmodium falciparum malariaElissa Malkin
PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative, Bethesda, MD, USA
Vaccine 26:6864-73. 2008Apical Membrane Antigen 1 (AMA1) and Merozoite Surface Protein 1 (MSP1) were produced as a recombinant fusion protein and formulated with the adjuvant Montanide ISA 720 with the aim of replicating the structure present in the parasite ..
- Real-time quantitative PCR for analysis of genetically mixed infections of malaria parasites: technique validation and applicationsSandra J Cheesman
Division of Biological Sciences, Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, Ashworth Laboratories, University of Edinburgh, The King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 131:83-91. 2003....
- Proteases involved in erythrocyte invasion by the malaria parasite: function and potential as chemotherapeutic targetsM J Blackman
Division of Parasitology, National Institute for Medical Research, Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, U K
Curr Drug Targets 1:59-83. 2000..This review details recent advances in the identification of these proteases, describes current understanding of their activation and functional role, and discusses their potential as targets for protease inhibitor-based drugs...
- Functional memory B cells and long-lived plasma cells are generated after a single Plasmodium chabaudi infection in miceFrancis Maina Ndungu
Division of Parasitology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000690. 2009..chabaudi in mice. Memory B cells and plasma cells specific for the C-terminal region of Merozoite Surface Protein 1 were detectable for more than eight months following primary infection...
- Genetic diversity in Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 and 2 coding genes and its implications in malaria epidemiology: a review of published studies from 1997-2007Gertrude N Kiwanuka
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Mbarara, Uganda
J Vector Borne Dis 46:1-12. 2009..Articles published in journals between 1997 and 2007 are herein reviewed...
- Extensive dynamics of Plasmodium falciparum densities, stages and genotyping profilesAnna Farnert
Unit of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Malar J 7:241. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the dynamics of asymptomatic P. falciparum infections in a few hours intervals...
- VACCINE INDUCED IMMUNE RESPONSES TO PLASMODIAL ANTIGENSJAMES MATTHEW BURNS; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will provide data to support the subsequent testing of this MSP-based P. falciparum vaccine in non-human primates and in human subjects. ..
- Novel Engineering of a P. falciparum Merozoite Surface Protein 1 Malaria VaccineGEORGE S HUI; Fiscal Year: 2010The 42 kDa processed fragment of the Plasmodium falciparum Merozoite Surface Protein 1, MSP1-42, is a leading protective human malaria vaccine currently undergoing clinical studies...
- Naturally Acquired Immunity to Malaria during the Epidemiologic Transition in KenJAMES WALTER KAZURA; Fiscal Year: 2013..acquired immunity, with a focus on antibody and T-cell responses to the 42 kDa C-terminal region of Merozoite Surface Protein 1. This earlier work was done when malaria transmission was higher than at present and before a clinical ..
- An Effector Memory T Cell-Inducing Subunit Vaccine against MalariaKlaus J Früh; Fiscal Year: 2013..adhesion protein (SSP2 or TRAP), the apical merozoite antigen-1 (AMA1) and the C-terminus of the merozoite surface protein 1 (MSP1c)...
- BACTERIAL LIVE VECTOR-BASED VACCINE AGAINST MALARIAMyron Levine; Fiscal Year: 2004..falciparum, and by these effects working in concert, we will ultimately be able to prevent disease completely in some subjects and to markedly ameliorate disease severity in others. ..
- Immunization-induced AMI and CMI against malariaJames Burns; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect that the information gained can be applied to the evaluation of immune responses in Aotus monkeys and humans as combined formulations of AMA-1 and MSP-1 move into clinical trials. ..
- Role of band 3 in Malaria Invasion of Red Blood CellsAthar Chishti; Fiscal Year: 2007..falciparum lines. Together, a clear understanding of the sialic acid-independent invasion mechanism will provide valuable insights into the development of an effective subunit malaria vaccine. ..
- Population Genetics of Malaria Parasites in African HighlandsGuiyun Yan; Fiscal Year: 2007..3 types of molecular markers will be used, including the genes coding for merozoite surface protein 1 and 2, polymorphic microsatellites and P...
- Malaria antigens binding to band 3 in red cell invasionSteven Oh; Fiscal Year: 2004..falciparum malaria. ..
- Malaria transmission and immunity in highland KenyaChandy John; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that our findings will generate strategies for vaccine induction of robust immune responses against multiple antigenic variants in vulnerable populations experiencing malaria epidemics. ..
- RECOMBINANT BCG MALARIA VACCINESWilliam Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2001..The immunization studies are designed to test the recombinant BCG's expressing MSP-1 for protection and their abilities to induce a priming immunization that can confer protection upon infection with the malarial parasites. ..
- PROTEIN-PROTEIN INTERACTIONS OF PLASMODIAL MSP-1Lawrence Bergman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A P. falciparum MSP1 p42/QS-21 malaria vaccineSandra Chang; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide cGMP material and preclinical information for a clinical trial of MSP1.42/QS21 during STTR Phase II. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- IMMUNIZATION INDUCED AMI AND CMI AGAINIST MALARIAJames Burns; Fiscal Year: 2000..The results obtained will provide a solid experimental basis for P. falciparum vaccine trials in humans. ..
- Evaluation of Immunogenicity : Malaria Subunit VaccineDavid Clements; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MAPPING AND IMMUNE REFOCUSING ANTIBODY RESPONSE IN MSP1Peter Nara; Fiscal Year: 1999..Modified recombinant proteins will be expressed in E. coli and tested for the loss of Bab binding while still retaining the ability to bind Iabs. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Development of a MSP1-p42 Subunit Vaccine for MalariaDavid Clements; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ability of this antigen to provide a protective response when formulated with one or more clinically relevant adjuvant would contribute to the development of a safe, efficacious and cost effective malaria vaccine. ..
- Immune Pathways as Prerequisites for Adjuvants' EfficacyGeorge Hui; Fiscal Year: 2004..and immunizations with a clinically produced malaria vaccine based on the Plasmodium falciparum Merozoite Surface Protein 1, MSP1, the overall Specific Aims are: 1) To study the induction of antibody and T cell responses to the ..
- Human immunity to MSP-1 in Western KenyaJames Kazura; Fiscal Year: 2008The C-terminal 42-kDa region of Plasmodium falciparum Merozoite Surface Protein 1 (MSP-142) and its two proteolytic components, MSP-133 and MSP-119, are primary candidates for a malaria blood-stage vaccine...
- Global GAS Vaccine Based On The M-ProteinMichael Good; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Translation Research in Plasmodium vivaxSocrates Herrera; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TH2 BIAS EFFECT ON MALARIAL IMMUNITY IN CAMEROONDiane Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..The hope is that one or a combination of these identifiable immune responses will correlate with susceptibility/resistance and can be used to predict the immune status of people in endemic populations. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Antigenic Variation in MalariaMary R Galinski; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Adherence of malaria-infected red cellsAlan Cowman; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will contribute to and increased understanding of the pathophysiology of falciparum malaria. ..
- The Role of Babesia bovis MSA-1 in Erythrocyte InvasionTanya LeRoith; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this project, as well as the transfection techniques that will be developed, will allow us to begin targeting regions of functional significance in these proteins for further study...
- Generation of babesial surface protein diversitySHAWN BERENS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The sponsors collaborate closely in research and have successfully mentored clinicians, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows to research independence. ..
- Immunologic interaction of schistomiasis & acute malariaKirsten Lyke; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Immunoglobulin Allotypes in Hepatitis C Virus InfectionJANARDAN PANDEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this investigation will advance our understanding of the role of host genetic factors in clearance and persistence of hepatitis C virus infection. ..
- PLASMODIUM VIVAX MSP-3 AND MSP-9 AS VACCINE IMMUNOGENESMary Galinski; Fiscal Year: 2007..vivax vaccine candidates based on these antigens and also serve to establish reliable procedures to test and evaluate antigens in non-human primate models for safety, immunogenicity and efficacy. ..
- Evaluation of High-Capacity Adenovectors in the EyeJoseph Bruder; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this proposal is the clinical testing and commercialization of PEDF expressing HC vector for the treatment of AMD and other ocular neovascular diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pregnancy-Associated Horomones and Immune to MalariaDiane Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Cell adhesion molecules in cerebral malaria.Henri van der Heyde; Fiscal Year: 2005..berghei malaria. We will test whether inhibition of an intracellular signaling pathway (specifically NF-?B) abrogates cerebral malaria and respiratory distress by preventing increased CAM expression and T cell adherence to endothelium. ..