Genomes and Genes
ccaat enhancer binding proteins
Summary: A class of proteins that were originally identified by their ability to bind the DNA sequence CCAAT. The typical CCAAT-enhancer binding protein forms dimers and consists of an activation domain, a DNA-binding basic region, and a leucine-rich dimerization domain (LEUCINE ZIPPERS). CCAAT-BINDING FACTOR is structurally distinct type of CCAAT-enhancer binding protein consisting of a trimer of three different subunits.
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- UHRF1 plays a role in maintaining DNA methylation in mammalian cellsMagnolia Bostick
Department of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 317:1760-4. 2007..These data suggest that UHRF1 may help recruit DNMT1 to hemimethylated DNA to facilitate faithful maintenance of DNA methylation...
- Structural basis for recognition of hemi-methylated DNA by the SRA domain of human UHRF1George V Avvakumov
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, 100 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L5, Canada
Nature 455:822-5. 2008..The structure, along with mutagenesis data, suggests how UHRF1 acts as a key factor for DNMT1 maintenance methylation through recognition of a fundamental unit of epigenetic inheritance, mCpG...
- Translational control of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta isoform expressionC F Calkhoven
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Genes Dev 14:1920-32. 2000..Our results demonstrate that the translational controlled ratio of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta isoform expression determines cell fate...
- Regulating adipogenesisS Mandrup
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 272:5367-70. 1997
- Hyperosmolality causes growth arrest of murine kidney cells. Induction of GADD45 and GADD153 by osmosensing via stress-activated protein kinase 2D Kultz
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1603, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13645-51. 1998....
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein family members recruit the coactivator CREB-binding protein and trigger its phosphorylationKrisztián A Kovács
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Lausanne, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:36959-65. 2003....
- Stress-inducible transcription factor CHOP/gadd153 induces apoptosis in mammalian cells via p38 kinase-dependent and -independent mechanismsE V Maytin
Laboratory of Molecular Dermatology, Department of Biomedical Engineering, ND 20 Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Exp Cell Res 267:193-204. 2001..Thus, while the amino-terminal region of CHOP serves an important modulatory role (i.e., regulation by p38), the underlying apoptosis-inducing activity of CHOP resides within the bZIP region of the molecule...
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins: structure, function and regulationDipak P Ramji
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, P O Box 911, Cardiff CF10 3US, Wales, U K
Biochem J 365:561-75. 2002..This review deals with the structure, biological function and the regulation of the C/EBP family...
- The C/EBP family of transcription factors: a paradigm for interaction between gene expression and proliferation controlClaus Nerlov
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Monterotondo, Italy
Trends Cell Biol 17:318-24. 2007..More recently, their position at the crossroads between proliferation and differentiation has made them strong candidate regulators of tumorigenesis, and C/EBPs have been described as both tumor promoters and tumor suppressors...
- Absence of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor signaling and neutrophil development in CCAAT enhancer binding protein alpha-deficient miceD E Zhang
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:569-74. 1997..In addition, the c/ebp alpha -/- mice may be useful in understanding the mechanisms involved in acute myelogenous leukemia, in which a block in differentiation of myeloid precursors is a key feature of the disease...
- Interaction and functional collaboration of p300 and C/EBPbetaS Mink
Hans Spemann Laboratory, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 17:6609-17. 1997....
- Identification of novel stress-induced genes downstream of chopX Z Wang
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, the Departments of Medicine, Cell Biology and the Kaplan Cancer Center, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
EMBO J 17:3619-30. 1998..These results reveal the existence of a novel CHOP-dependent signaling pathway, distinct from the known endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response, which may mediate changes in cell phenotype in response to stress...
- Regulation of the myeloperoxidase enhancer binding proteins Pu1, C-EBP alpha, -beta, and -delta during granulocyte-lineage specificationA M Ford
Leukaemia Research Fund Centre, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:10838-43. 1996....
- C/EBPepsilon is a myeloid-specific activator of cytokine, chemokine, and macrophage-colony-stimulating factor receptor genesS C Williams
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13493-501. 1998..These results suggest that C/EBPepsilon may be an important regulator of differentiation of a subset of myeloid cell types and may also participate in the regulation of cytokine gene expression in mature cells...
- Krüppel-like transcription factor KLF5 is a key regulator of adipocyte differentiationYumiko Oishi
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Cell Metab 1:27-39. 2005..KLF5, in turn, acts in concert with C/EBPbeta/delta to activate the PPARgamma2 promoter. This study establishes KLF5 as a key component of the transcription factor network controlling adipocyte differentiation...
- P58IPK, a novel endoplasmic reticulum stress-inducible protein and potential negative regulator of eIF2alpha signalingRika van Huizen
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Institute on Aging NIH, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15558-64. 2003..These findings implicate P58(IPK) as an important component of a negative feedback loop used by the cell to inhibit eIF2alpha signaling, and thus attenuate the unfolded protein response...
- Molecular mechanisms of alcoholic fatty liver: role of sterol regulatory element-binding proteinsMin You
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Alcohol 34:39-43. 2004..Consistent with this hypothesis, chronic ethanol feeding (4 weeks) resulted in a significantly reduced activity and protein level of AMP-activated protein kinase and increased acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase activity in the mouse livers...
- Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-inducible nitric oxide synthase, TNF-alpha and COX-2 expression by sauchinone effects on I-kappaBalpha phosphorylation, C/EBP and AP-1 activationAe Kyung Lee
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Sillim dong, Kwanak gu, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Br J Pharmacol 139:11-20. 2003....
- Potentiation of lipopolysaccharide-inducible cyclooxygenase 2 expression by C2-ceramide via c-Jun N-terminal kinase-mediated activation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta in macrophagesYang Hee Cho
National Research Laboratory MDT, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Mol Pharmacol 63:512-23. 2003....
- GADD153 is an independent prognostic factor in melanoma: immunohistochemical and molecular genetic analysisM Korabiowska
Department of Cytopathology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Histol Histopathol 17:805-11. 2002..In 6 cases with GADD153 polymorphism, GADD153 expression was found in 2 melanomas with a maximum GADD153 index of 10%. We postulate that the GADD gene family plays an important role in melanoma progression...
- Phosphorylation at threonine-235 by a ras-dependent mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade is essential for transcription factor NF-IL6T Nakajima
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:2207-11. 1993..Mutation of Thr-235 abolished the ras-dependent activation of NF-IL6. From these results, we conclude that NF-IL6 is regulated through phosphorylation by MAP kinases in response to activated ras...
- Cascade regulation of terminal adipocyte differentiation by three members of the C/EBP family of leucine zipper proteinsW C Yeh
Tularik Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
Genes Dev 9:168-81. 1995....
- Impairment of natural killer cytotoxic activity and interferon gamma production in CCAAT/enhancer binding protein gamma-deficient miceT Kaisho
Institute for Advanced Medical Sciences, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
J Exp Med 190:1573-82. 1999..In conclusion, our study reveals that C/EBPgamma is a critical transcription factor involved in the functional maturation of NK cells...
- C/EBPbeta and GATA-1 synergistically regulate activity of the eosinophil granule major basic protein promoter: implication for C/EBPbeta activity in eosinophil gene expressionY Yamaguchi
Department of Cell Differentiation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto, Japan
Blood 94:1429-39. 1999....
- UHRF1 recruits the histone acetyltransferase Tip60 and controls its expression and activityMayada Achour
CNRS UMR 7213, Universite de Strasbourg, Faculte de Pharmacie, 74 route du Rhin, 67401 Illkirch, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:523-8. 2009..Altogether, these results suggest that Tip60 is a novel partner of the epigenetic integration platform interplayed by UHRF1, DNMT1 and HDAC1 involved in the epigenetic code replication...
- The p50 subunit of NF-kappa B associates with the NF-IL6 transcription factorK P LeClair
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:8145-9. 1992..Since induction of the NF-kappa B and NF-IL6 factors are important events in immune and acute-phase responses, this interaction could permit coregulation of genes...
- Dynamic regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 promoter activity by isoforms of CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteinsYing Zhu
Vascular Biology Research Center, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 277:6923-8. 2002..These findings provide new insight into the regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 promoter by an interplay between two opposite beta isoforms and p300 co-activator...
- C elegans: a model for exploring the genetics of fat storageRenée M McKay
Center for Developmental Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Dev Cell 4:131-42. 2003..A third encodes lpd-3, whose homolog is also required for fat storage in a mammalian model. These data suggest that C. elegans is a genetically tractable model to study the mechanisms that underlie the biology of fat-storing tissues...
- Defective adipocyte differentiation in mice lacking the C/EBPbeta and/or C/EBPdelta geneT Tanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663, Japan
EMBO J 16:7432-43. 1997....
- Regulated expression of three C/EBP isoforms during adipose conversion of 3T3-L1 cellsZ Cao
Department of Embryology, Howard Hughes Research Laboratories, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Baltimore, Maryland 21210
Genes Dev 5:1538-52. 1991..The temporal pattern of expression of these three C/EBP isoforms during adipocyte differentiation may reflect the underpinnings of a regulatory cascade that controls the process of terminal cell differentiation...
- C/ATF, a member of the activating transcription factor family of DNA-binding proteins, dimerizes with CAAT/enhancer-binding proteins and directs their binding to cAMP response elementsM Vallejo
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:4679-83. 1993....
- Insulin suppresses transactivation by CAAT/enhancer-binding proteins beta (C/EBPbeta). Signaling to p300/CREB-binding protein by protein kinase B disrupts interaction with the major activation domain of C/EBPbetaS Guo
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8516-23. 2001..Signaling by PKB and phosphorylation of Ser(1834) may play an important role in modulating interactions between p300/CBP and transcription factors and mediate effects of insulin and related growth factors on gene expression...
- C/EBPbeta (CCAAT/enhancer binding protein) controls cell fate determination during mammary gland developmentT N Seagroves
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 3498, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:359-68. 2000....
- A C/EBP beta isoform recruits the SWI/SNF complex to activate myeloid genesE Kowenz-Leutz
Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
Mol Cell 4:735-43. 1999..Interaction between C/EBP beta and SWI/SNF is essential for activating a subgroup of resident target genes in chromatin and may represent a major determinant of combinatorial gene regulation in eukaryotes...
- Cloning of the novel human myeloid-cell-specific C/EBP-epsilon transcription factorA M Chumakov
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1375-86. 1997..Transient tranfection of a promyelocyte cell line (NB4) with a C/EBP-epsilon expression plasmid increased cell growth by sevenfold, while antisense C/EBP-epsilon caused a fivefold decrease in clonal growth of these cells...
- Targeted disruption of the NF-IL6 gene discloses its essential role in bacteria killing and tumor cytotoxicity by macrophagesT Tanaka
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Cell 80:353-61. 1995..We also demonstrate that NF-IL6 is essential for the induction of G-CSF in macrophages and fibroblasts...
- ICBP90, an E2F-1 target, recruits HDAC1 and binds to methyl-CpG through its SRA domainMotoko Unoki
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shiorokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Oncogene 23:7601-10. 2004..The data reported here suggest that ICBP90 is involved in cell proliferation by way of methylation-mediated regulation of certain genes...
- Systematic gain-of-function genetics in DrosophilaP Rørth
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 115 West University Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21210, USA
Development 125:1049-57. 1998..These studies demonstrate the ability of the modular misexpression system to identify developmentally important genes and suggest that it will be generally useful for genetic interaction screens...
- A family of C/EBP-related proteins capable of forming covalently linked leucine zipper dimers in vitroS C Williams
ABL Basic Research Program, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702 1201
Genes Dev 5:1553-67. 1991..Our findings indicate that a set of potentially interacting C/EBP-like proteins exists, whose complexity is comparable to that of other bZIP protein subfamilies such as Jun, Fos, and ATF/CREB...
- Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 in human endometrial stromal cells by malignant endometrial epithelial cells: evidence for the involvement of extracellularly regulated kinases and CCAAT/enhancer binding proteinsM Tamura
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 31:95-104. 2003..Collectively, these results suggest that the basal and MECM-induced transcription of the COX-2 gene in ESC is regulated through a combination of the CRE and the NF-IL6 site by functional interactions of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta...
- Calcium-regulated phosphorylation within the leucine zipper of C/EBP betaM Wegner
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0648
Science 256:370-3. 1992..Phosphorylation of serine at position 276 within the leucine zipper of C/EBP beta appeared to confer calcium-regulated transcriptional stimulation of a promoter that contained binding sites for C/EBP beta...
- Impaired energy homeostasis in C/EBP alpha knockout miceN D Wang
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 269:1108-12. 1995..This study demonstrates that C/EBP alpha is critical for the establishment and maintenance of energy homeostasis in neonates...
- Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 by bovine type I collagen in macrophages via C/EBP and CREB activation by multiple cell signaling pathwaysMin Kyung Cho
National Research Laboratory, College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 67:2239-50. 2004....
- Cell cycle and/or proliferation markers: what is the best method to discriminate cervical high-grade lesions?Marianne Lorenzato
Laboratoire Pol Bouin, Department of Histology and Cystology, Maison Blanche Hospital, 51092 Reims Cedex, France
Hum Pathol 36:1101-7. 2005..8% and 74.3%. Thus, the most accurate test to distinguish an LSIL from an HSIL was the association of a suspect DNA profile and the presence of MIB-1- or ICBP90-positive cells in the upper two thirds of the epithelium...
- Critical role of the ubiquitin ligase activity of UHRF1, a nuclear RING finger protein, in tumor cell growthYonchu Jenkins
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:5621-9. 2005..Taken together, our results suggest a general requirement for UHRF1 in tumor cell proliferation and implicate the RING domain of UHRF1 as a functional determinant of growth regulation...
- Control of PERK eIF2alpha kinase activity by the endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced molecular chaperone P58IPKWei Yan
Departments of Microbiology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, and Washington National Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15920-5. 2002..Our studies suggest that P58(IPK) induction during the ER-stress response represses PERK activity and plays a functional role in the expression of downstream markers of PERK activity in the later phase of the ER-stress response...
- Regulation of PCNA and cyclin D1 expression and epithelial morphogenesis by the ZO-1-regulated transcription factor ZONAB/DbpATony Sourisseau
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:2387-98. 2006....
- Analysis of cell migration using whole-genome expression profiling of migratory cells in the Drosophila ovaryXuejiao Wang
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Dev Cell 10:483-95. 2006..Functional analysis revealed a role for the Notch-activating protease Kuzbanian in border cell migration and identified Tie as a guidance receptor for the border cells...
- Disruption of the c/ebp alpha gene in adult mouse liverY H Lee
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:6014-22. 1997..These results establish C/EBP alpha as an essential transcriptional regulator of genes encoding enzymes involved in bilirubin detoxification and gluconeogenesis in adult mouse liver...
- CCAAT enhancer- binding protein beta is required for normal hepatocyte proliferation in mice after partial hepatectomyL E Greenbaum
Department of Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6145, USA
J Clin Invest 102:996-1007. 1998..These data link C/EBPbeta to the activation of metabolic and growth response pathways in the regenerating liver and demonstrate that C/EBPbeta is required for a normal proliferative response...
- SREBP-1, a basic-helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper protein that controls transcription of the low density lipoprotein receptor geneC Yokoyama
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
Cell 75:187-97. 1993..We suggest that SREBP-1 is regulated by an unknown factor that is overwhelmed when SREBP-1 is overexpressed. Understanding the regulation of SREBP-1 may be crucial for understanding the control of plasma cholesterol in humans...
- LAP (NF-IL-6), a tissue-specific transcriptional activator, is an inhibitor of hepatoma cell proliferationM Buck
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, CA
EMBO J 13:851-60. 1994..Thus, hepatocyte differentiation and its characteristic quiescent state may be modulated by the LAP/LIP ratio...
- C/EBPbeta, but not C/EBPalpha, is essential for ductal morphogenesis, lobuloalveolar proliferation, and functional differentiation in the mouse mammary glandT N Seagroves
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genes Dev 12:1917-28. 1998..These results demonstrate that C/EBPbeta, but not C/EBPalpha, is required for ductal morphogenesis, lobuloalveolar development, and functional differentiation of mammary epithelial cells...
- Ethanol induction of class I alcohol dehydrogenase expression in the rat occurs through alterations in CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins beta and gammaLing He
Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, Little Rock 72202, USA
J Biol Chem 277:43572-7. 2002..05). These data provide the first evidence for the mechanism by which ethanol regulates rat hepatic Class I ADH gene expression in vivo. This mechanism involves the C/EBP site and the enhancer binding proteins beta and gamma...
- Expression of C/EBP delta in rat liver during development and the acute-phase responseS Dinic
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Institute for Biological Research, 29th November 142, 11060 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Gen Physiol Biophys 23:499-504. 2004..2002). The obtained different solubility partitioning profiles of C/EBP delta suggest that its activity is regulated by different mechanisms during development and in the adult...
- ICBP90, a novel human CCAAT binding protein, involved in the regulation of topoisomerase IIalpha expressionR Hopfner
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Louis Pasteur, Illkirch, Communaute Urbaine de Strasbourg, France
Cancer Res 60:121-8. 2000..We have identified ICBP90, which is a novel CCAAT binding protein, and our results suggest that it may be involved in topoisomerase IIalpha expression. ICBP90 may also be useful as a new proliferation marker for cancer tissues...
- Cloning of mammalian Ire1 reveals diversity in the ER stress responsesX Z Wang
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, the Departments of Medicine, Cell Biology and the Kaplan Cancer Center, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
EMBO J 17:5708-17. 1998..These results indicate that a single upstream component, Ire1, plays a role in multiple facets of the ER stress-response in mammalian cells...
- McBindall--a better name for CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins?S L McKnight
Department of Biochemistry, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell 107:259-61. 2001..Three new studies give evidence that this regulation is mediated by protein:protein interactions completely distinct from the role of C/EBPs in gene expression...
- Regenerating livers of old rats contain high levels of C/EBPalpha that correlate with altered expression of cell cycle associated proteinsN A Timchenko
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 26:3293-9. 1998..We suggest that the failure to reduce the amount of C/EBPalpha and p21 is a critical event in the dysregulation of hepatocyte proliferation in old animals following PH...
- The interaction of the SRA domain of ICBP90 with a novel domain of DNMT1 is involved in the regulation of VEGF gene expressionM Achour
Institut Gilbert Laustriat, UMR 7175 CNRS Université Louis Pasteur Strasbourg I, Départment de Pharmacologie et Physicochimie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Illkirch, France
Oncogene 27:2187-97. 2008..They further suggest a new role of ICBP90 in the relationship between histone ubiquitination and DNA methylation in the context of tumoral angiogenesis and tumour suppressor genes silencing...
- The PHD domain of Np95 (mUHRF1) is involved in large-scale reorganization of pericentromeric heterochromatinRoberto Papait
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Insubria, 21052 Busto Arsizio VA, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 19:3554-63. 2008....
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) studies indicate a role for CCAAT enhancer binding proteins alpha and epsilon (C/EBP alpha and C/EBP epsilon ) and CDP/cut in myeloid maturation-induced lactoferrin gene expressionArati Khanna-Gupta
Section of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Blood 101:3460-8. 2003..We conclude that C/EBP alpha, C/EBP epsilon, and CDP/cut all play definitive roles in regulating late gene expression during normal myeloid development...
- Overexpression of ICBP90, a novel CCAAT-binding protein, overcomes cell contact inhibition by forcing topoisomerase II alpha expressionRaphael Hopfner
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U425, Faculte de Pharmacie, 74 route du Rhin, B P 24, 67401 Illkirch, France
Anticancer Res 22:3165-70. 2002..Our results show that ICBP90 regulates topoisomerase II alpha expression and is able to overcome cell contact inhibition signaling, suggesting that increased ICBP90 expression may be involved in carcinogenesis...
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein gene promoter: binding of nuclear factors during differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytesR J Christy
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:2593-7. 1991..The factor present in differentiated cells that binds at this site was identified as C/EBP (possibly in heterodimeric form with a homologous leucine-zipper protein), suggesting that C/EBP may regulate expression of its own gene...
- Transactivation by NF-IL6/LAP is enhanced by phosphorylation of its activation domainC Trautwein
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
Nature 364:544-7. 1993..We now show that stimulation of the protein kinase C pathway increases the phosphorylation of Ser 105 within the activation domain of NF-IL6/LAP, and enhances its transcriptional efficacy...
- ICBP90, a novel methyl K9 H3 binding protein linking protein ubiquitination with heterochromatin formationPanagiota Karagianni
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Building 149, Room 7 213, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:705-17. 2008..Furthermore, we present evidence that ICBP90 is required for proper heterochromatin formation in mammalian cells...
- Feedback inhibition of Jak/STAT signaling by apontic is required to limit an invasive cell populationMichelle Starz-Gaiano
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 855 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Cell 14:726-38. 2008..These findings are supported by a mathematical model, which accurately simulates wild-type and mutant phenotypes...
- The C/EBPbeta transcription factor regulates epithelial cell proliferation and differentiation in the mammary glandG W Robinson
Laboratory of Genetics and Physiology, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1812, USA
Genes Dev 12:1907-16. 1998..Thus, C/EBPbeta plays an essential, cell autonomous role in the proliferation and differentiation of mammary secretory epithelial cells and is required for the activation of milk protein genes...
- UHRF1 is a novel molecular marker for diagnosis and the prognosis of bladder cancerM Unoki
Laboratory for Biomarker Development, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, RIKEN, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 101:98-105. 2009..Previous reports have shown that UHRF1 (ubiquitin-like with PHD and ring-finger domains 1) is essential for cellular proliferation. In this study, we examined whether UHRF1 can be a novel molecular marker of bladder cancer...
- Molecular cloning of cDNA and a chromosomal gene encoding GPE1-BP, a nuclear protein which binds to granulocyte colony-stimulating factor promoter element 1M Nishizawa
Osaka Bioscience Institute, Japan
FEBS Lett 282:95-7. 1991..The nuclear extract from COS cells transfected with the cDNA showed GPE1-binding activity. Transcripts were ubiquitously detected, and may be spliced from two exons of a single gene...
- Keratin 10 gene expression during differentiation of mouse epidermis requires transcription factors C/EBP and AP-2E V Maytin
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02114, USA
Dev Biol 216:164-81. 1999..In response to differentiation signals, loss of AP-2 expression leads to derepression of the c/ebpalpha promoter and activation of k10 as cells migrate upward...
- Np95 interacts with de novo DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, and mediates epigenetic silencing of the viral CMV promoter in embryonic stem cellsDaniela Meilinger
Department of Biology II, Center for Integrated Protein Science Munich CIPSM, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Grosshaderner Street 2, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
EMBO Rep 10:1259-64. 2009..Our results indicate a regulatory role for Np95, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b in mediating epigenetic silencing through histone modification followed by DNA methylation...
- ICBP90 belongs to a new family of proteins with an expression that is deregulated in cancer cellsM Mousli
INSERM U392, Faculte de Pharmacie, 74 route du Rhin, B P 60024, 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 89:120-7. 2003..Together, these results show that ICBP90 expression is altered in cancer cell lines and is upregulated by E2F-1 overexpression with an efficiency depending on the cancer status of the cell line...
- TCR pathway involves ICBP90 gene down-regulation via E2F binding sitesAbdul Qader Abbady
INSERM UMR S 392, and Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Cellulaire and Moléculaire et Infection, Institut de Parasitolgie et de Pathologie Tropicale, Faculte de Medecine, 3 Rue Koeberle, 67000 Strasbourg, France
Biochem Pharmacol 70:570-9. 2005..Altogether, our data demonstrate that TCR signaling pathways regulate ICBP90 gene expression through pRb/E2F complex. We propose that ICBP90 down-regulation is a key event in G1 arrest preceding T cell death...
- Prognostic implications of gene mutations in acute myeloid leukemia with normal cytogeneticsVerena Gaidzik
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Semin Oncol 35:346-55. 2008..Furthermore, these mutant molecules represent potential targets for molecular therapies...
- The retinoblastoma gene and its product are targeted by ICBP90: a key mechanism in the G1/S transition during the cell cycleMichaël Jeanblanc
Inserm UMR S392, Faculte de Pharmacie, 74 route du Rhin, BP 60024, 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Oncogene 24:7337-45. 2005..We propose that ICBP90 overexpression, found in cancer cells, is involved in the altered checkpoint controls occurring in cancerogenesis...
- A serine protease inhibitor prevents endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced cleavage but not transport of the membrane-bound transcription factor ATF6Tetsuya Okada
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8304, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:31024-32. 2003..These results indicate that the transport of ATF6 from the ER to the Golgi apparatus and that from the Golgi apparatus to the nucleus are distinct steps that can be distinguished by treatment with AEBSF...
- Homocysteine increases the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor by a mechanism involving endoplasmic reticulum stress and transcription factor ATF4C Nathaniel Roybal
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14844-52. 2004..These studies indicate that expression of the pro-angiogenic factor VEGF is increased by homocysteine and other thiol-containing reductive compounds via ATF4-dependent activation of VEGF transcription...
- An essential role for a MEK-C/EBP pathway during growth factor-regulated cortical neurogenesisCatherine Ménard
Centre for Neuronal Survival and Brain Tumor Research Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal, Canada
Neuron 36:597-610. 2002..Thus, activation of a MEK-C/EBP pathway enhances neurogenesis and inhibits gliogenesis, thereby providing a mechanism whereby growth factors can selectively bias progenitors to become neurons during development...
- C/EBP gamma has a stimulatory role on the IL-6 and IL-8 promotersHongwei Gao
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 4320, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38827-37. 2002....
- Expression and function of CCAAT/enhancer binding proteinbeta (C/EBPbeta) LAP and LIP isoforms in mouse mammary gland, tumors and cultured mammary epithelial cellsL R Dearth
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology Program, Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Cell Biochem 82:357-70. 2001..Ectopic overexpression of C/EBPbeta LIP (LAP:LIP ratio of approximately 1:1) inhibits mammary epithelial cell differentiation (beta-casein expression)...
- Contrasting expression patterns of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein transcription factors in the hair follicle and at different stages of the hair growth cycleJonathan J Bull
Centre for Cutaneous Research, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 118:17-24. 2002....
- SREBP-1 interacts with hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 alpha and interferes with PGC-1 recruitment to suppress hepatic gluconeogenic genesTakashi Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:12027-35. 2004..Our data indicate that SREBP-1 has a novel role as negative regulator of gluconeogenic genes through a cross-talk with HNF-4alpha interference with PGC-1 recruitment...
- UHRF1 binds G9a and participates in p21 transcriptional regulation in mammalian cellsJong Kyong Kim
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA 01938 2723, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:493-505. 2009..Thus, our results suggest that UHRF1 may serve as a focal point of transcriptional regulation mediated by G9a and other chromatin modification enzymes...
- The induction of cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA in macrophages is biphasic and requires both CCAAT enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBP beta ) and C/EBP delta transcription factorsM Caivano
Medical Research Council Protein Phosphorylation Unit, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
J Biol Chem 276:48693-701. 2001..Taken together, these data identify CREB, NF-kappa B, and both C/EBP beta and -delta as key factors in coordinately orchestrating transcription from the COX-2 promoter in activated macrophages...
- Characterization of the inhibitory effect of growth hormone on primary preadipocyte differentiationL H Hansen
Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark
Mol Endocrinol 12:1140-9. 1998..These data suggest that GH exerts its inhibitory activity in adipocyte differentiation at a step after the induction of ADD1 but before the induction of genes required for terminal differentiation...
- The Krüppel-like factor KLF2 inhibits peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma expression and adipogenesisSucharita Sen Banerjee
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:2581-4. 2003..These data identify a novel role for KLF2 as a negative regulator of adipogenesis...
- Glutamine deprivation induces the expression of GADD45 and GADD153 primarily by mRNA stabilizationS F Abcouwer
Surgical Oncology Research Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114 2696, USA
J Biol Chem 274:28645-51. 1999..These results suggest that the expression of GADD genes contributes to growth arrest and/or protection from metabolic damage during GLN-poor conditions...
- C/EBPbeta modulates the early events of keratinocyte differentiation involving growth arrest and keratin 1 and keratin 10 expressionS Zhu
Molecular and Cellular Toxicology, Department of Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695 7633, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:7181-90. 1999..Our results demonstrate that C/EBPbeta plays an important role in the early events of stratified squamous differentiation in keratinocytes involving growth arrest and K1 and K10 expression...
- Increased hepatic cell proliferation and lung abnormalities in mice deficient in CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alphaP Flodby
Karolinska Institute, Department of Biosciences at Novum S 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 271:24753-60. 1996..These results suggest a critical role for C/EBPalpha in vivo for the acquisition of terminally differentiated functions in liver including the maintenance of physiologic energy homeostasis...
- Role of Krüppel-like factor 15 (KLF15) in transcriptional regulation of adipogenesisToshiyuki Mori
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:12867-75. 2005..Our observations thus demonstrate that KLF15 plays an essential role in adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells through its regulation of PPAR gamma expression...
- Structure and hemimethylated CpG binding of the SRA domain from human UHRF1Chengmin Qian
Department of Structural and Chemical Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 283:34490-4. 2008..Using NMR structure-guided mutagenesis, electrophoretic mobility shift assay, and fluorescence anisotropy analysis, we determined key amino acid residues for methyl-DNA binding that are conserved in the SRA domain...
- Ig/EBP (C/EBP gamma) is a transdominant negative inhibitor of C/EBP family transcriptional activatorsC Cooper
Department of Microbiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 23:4371-7. 1995..Of the three known C/EBP family inhibitors, Ig/EBP, LIP and CHOP-10, only Ig/EBP is ubiquitously expressed. Therefore, Ig/EBP may act as a general buffer for C/EBP activators in many cell types...
- Use of RDA analysis of knockout mice to identify myeloid genes regulated in vivo by PU.1 and C/EBPalphaA Iwama
Hematology Oncology Division and Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 26:3034-43. 1998..In addition, eight novel genes were identified that were upregulated in expression during myeloid differentiation. These methods provide a general strategy for elucidating the genes affected in murine knockout models...
- CUG repeat binding protein (CUGBP1) interacts with the 5' region of C/EBPbeta mRNA and regulates translation of C/EBPbeta isoformsN A Timchenko
Huffington Center on Aging, Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 27:4517-25. 1999..Our data demonstrate that CUGBP1 protein is an important component for the regulation of initiation from different AUG codons of C/EBPbeta mRNA...
- Lactation status influences expression of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein isoform mRNA in the mouse mammary glandA P Gigliotti
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Cell Physiol 174:232-9. 1998..The pronounced sequential induction of C/EBP-delta and C/EBP-beta during postlactational involution is consistent with a role for C/EBPs in the regulation of mammary epithelial cell apoptosis...
- The UHRF family: oncogenes that are drugable targets for cancer therapy in the near future?Christian Bronner
CNRS UMR 7175, Département de Pharmacologie et Pharmacochimie des Interactions Moléculaires et Cellulaires, Faculte de Pharmacie, 74 route du Rhin, BP 60024, 67401, Illkirch Cedex, France
Pharmacol Ther 115:419-34. 2007..Alteration of these regulatory mechanisms, such as those occurring in cancer cells, may be involved in carcinogenesis. The reasons why the UHRF family could be an interesting target for developing anticancer drugs is also developed...
- Prognostic significance of, and gene and microRNA expression signatures associated with, CEBPA mutations in cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia with high-risk molecular features: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B StudyGuido Marcucci
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5078-87. 2008....
- Cloning of the cDNA encoding human C/EBP gamma, a protein binding to the PRE-I enhancer element of the human interleukin-4 promoterI V Davydov
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Gene 161:271-5. 1995..DNA-binding experiments with recombinant protein produced in bacteria demonstrate that hC/EBP gamma binds to PRE-I, but not to unrelated DNA fragments. Our data also show that hC/EBP gamma may cooperate with Fos to bind PRE-I...
- Molecular mechanisms of liver development and differentiationG J Darlington
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Huffington Center of Aging, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 11:678-82. 1999....
- Lymphoproliferative disorder and imbalanced T-helper response in C/EBP beta-deficient miceI Screpanti
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
EMBO J 14:1932-41. 1995..Our data show that C/EBP beta is crucial for the correct functional regulation and homeostatic control of haemopoietic and lymphoid compartments...
- Air Pollution on Adiposity and Vascular Dysfunction: White or Brown Matters?Qinghua Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Regulation of ER stress-induced cell deathRandal J Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed studies on protein synthesis will provide vital information that should encourage the development of novel therapeutics to treat diabetes. ..
- Med1 in Liver Metabolism, Regeneration and CancerJanardan K Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- MODULATION OF IFN ACTION VIA NOVEL REGULATORY FACTORSDHAN V KALVAKOLANU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies proposed in this application will investigate the regulation of an anti-metastatic gene, DAPK1, which is critical for tumor suppression and autophagic responses. ..
- Regulation of Astrocyte TIMP-1 in HIV-Associated DementiaJEREL ADAM FIELDS; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our studies will provide a better understanding of the specific mechanistic contributions of activated astrocytes to HIV-1-neuropathogensis and neuroinflammation. ..
- Hepatic Steatosis and ER Stress-Inducible Transcription Factor CREBHKezhong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding the stress-induced molecular mechanisms in hepatic lipid accumulation and its associated pathogenesis is a key prerequisite for the development of new diagnostics and therapeutics targeting NAFLD. ..
- Repression of PPARgamma-2 by Glucocorticoid-Induced Leucine ZipperXing Ming Shi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, understanding how PPAR(2 can be negatively regulated, a focus of this study, may lead to new therapies for treating osteoporosis and obesity. ..
- Smooth muscle cell lipid metabolism and serum amyloid ABarbara M Schreiber; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cardiovascular disease remains a major public health concern. Elucidation of mechanisms that promote disease vs. protect against it will lead to future strategies for drug development. ..
- C/EBP beta SIGNALS HEPATOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND SURVIVALMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies are relevant to the hepatocyte proliferation and survival characteristic of many physiological and pathological conditions, including hepatocellular injury, liver regeneration and hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Molecular mechanisms of C/EBP alpha mediated growth arrestNikolai A Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..The elucidation of these mechanisms will provide basement for the generation of therapeutic approaches to prevent tumors. ..
- Regulation of glucose homeostasis by C/EBPBJacob E Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Transcriptional and epigenomic control of adipose tissue development and functionDavid J Steger; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Liver Inflammation and Injury: Molecular MechanismsMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Development of effective treatments for liver inflammation and injury may also facilitate future treatments for lung and kidney inflammation and injury. ..
- SPECIFIC REPRESSION OF PROLACTIN GENE EXPRESSIONRichard N Day; Fiscal Year: 2012..Discovering how nuclear architecture controls gene expression will be the cornerstone for understanding how genomes work. ..
- Regulation and Function of C/EBP in UVB ResponsesRobert C Smart; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- IL-17-Induced Regulation of C/EBPbetaMICHELLE ROSAN SIMPSON-ABELSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposed research will study the effects of IL-17 on mediating the alternative translation of the transcription factor C/EBP?, an event that is known to modulate IL- 17-mediated signaling. ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Osteoclast Lineage Commitment and DifferentiationYi Ping Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., osteoporosis and bone metastases), but it will also facilitate the design of novel approaches for their precise treatment using drug or somatic gene therapy. ..
- Novel regulatory mechanisms in adipogenesis: role of the ES-cell transcription fPhillip H Pekala; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- SGK1 is a Central Regulator of P. gingivalis-Induced InflammationHuizhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of a novel IKK-related kinase in inflammationSUSAN ELAINE SWEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies of the intracellular pathways activated in RA might lead to prevention and development of novel therapies for this chronic, debilitating disease. ..
- Gene Expression in Long-term MemoryCristina M Alberini; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- The Role of C/EBPa in Genome Stability and Tumor ProgressionJONATHAN RUSSELL HALL; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Neuroprotection by Modulating ER Stress in GlaucomaYang Hu; Fiscal Year: 2013..New insights into the critical molecules that regulate RGC soma and axon survival can be translated into novel therapeutic approaches to prevent vision loss in patients with glaucoma. ..
- Role of Age in Liver CancerNikolai A Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the proposed studies will provide novel gankyrin-based approaches for the prevention of liver cancer. ..
- GABAergic Neuron Differentiation in C. elegansYishi Jin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our findings will provide significant insights both to the understanding of the basic mechanisms maintaining the integrity of the nervous system and also to the understanding of disease management. ..
- Regulation of CYP2B6 in Human LiverHongbing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- CDP/CUT AND MYELOID DIFFERENTIATIONNancy Berliner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, since the expression of CDP is constant throughout differentiation, we will investigate the posttranslational mechanism(s) by which CDP interacts with promoters at different stages of maturation. ..
- Antiadipogenic Influence of HIV Protease InhibitorsM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long term objective of the proposed research is to facilitate the design of anti-HIV therapeutics that lack lipoatrophic potential. ..
- REGULATION OF TRANSTHYRETIN IN THE LIVERPradip Raychaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- C/EDB BETA AND CHOP IN EPIDERMAL DIFFERENTIATIONEdward Maytin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- C/EBP ISOFORM EXPRESSION IN MAMMARY GLAND AND TUMORSJames DeWille; Fiscal Year: 1999..In addition, C/EBP isoforms may provide a biochemical link between dietary fat and mammary tumorigenesis. Understanding this link could lead to the implementation of effective preventative measures to reduce breast cancer risk. ..
- C/EBP BETA TRANSLATION PRODUCTS IN MAMMARY EPITHELIUMJulie Hutt; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Department of Veterinary Biosciences is a highly productive research-oriented professional training environment. ..
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION BY NO/CGMPRENATE PILZ; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ROLE OF C/EBPalpha AND MYELOPOIESISDaniel G Tenen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Liver Lung Interactions in Lung InflammationBrian Christman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of p53 action on primate steroidogenesisCHARLES CHAFFIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies are expected to demonstrate a novel role for the tumor suppressor p53 in the onset of primate and human steroidogenesis. ..
- In Vivo Trapping of Genes Involved in OvulationLane Christenson; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will for the first time determine the mechanism and cell signaling pathways by which the Cebpb transcription factor promotes ovulation. ..
- MYELOID TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS AND LEUKEMIAErik Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our goal from these studies is to make a correlation between the structure of the C/EBPalpha protein and its function in myelopoiesis and leukemogenesis. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF ALCOHOL DEHYDROGENASE GENEVINCENT YANG; Fiscal Year: 1993..Its tissue distribution will also be established...
- CALCIUM-ACTIVATED PROTEIN KINASES AND INSULIN SECRETIONRICHARD EASOM; Fiscal Year: 2000..This study is fundamental to the understanding of the mechanisms by which glucose and Ca2+ regulated B cell function. ..
- C/EBP-DELTA--ROLE IN MAMMARY GLAND GROWTH AND APOPTOSISAndrew Gigliotti; Fiscal Year: 2000..Advances in understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying growth control promise to contribute to both treatment and prevention of breast cancer. ..
- LIVER-LUNG INTERACTIONS FOLLOWING LIVER INJURYLEONARD WUDEL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- p20, Molecular Shortstop for Inflammatory Lung DiseasesKenneth Brigham; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Consequences of C/EBPB AcetylationTeresa Cesena; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide insight into transcription mechanisms in general, and into functions of C/EBPp that may be relevant to obesity and immune disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISM OF REPRESSION OF ADIPOGENESISTamara Otto; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MACROPHAGE GENE TRANSCRIPTION IN MUCOSAL IMMUNITYScott Plevy; Fiscal Year: 1999..This project will describe functional DNA-protein interactions in a small but critical region, -96 to -72, of the IL-12 p40 promoter. ..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR MUTATIONS AND HUMAN AMLDaniel Tenen; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide information concerning the pathogenesis and treatment of AML, as well as develop techniques applicable to other human cancers. ..
- Aging and Androgen Gene RegulationBandana Chatterjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- C/EBP alpha in Aging LiverNikolai Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on data obtained in this project, we are planning to start developing a strategy to correct liver proliferation in elderly. ..
- Taskforce for Obesity Research at Southwestern (RMI)JAY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of Microsomal Fatty Acid ElongationJAY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Pathogenesis of Obesity and Metabolic SyndromeJAY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SEX STEROID REGULATION OF IGF-I EXPRESSION IN BONEThomas McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Bone mass studies will be conducted using peripheral quantitative computer tomography, and will be correlated with basal and activated skeletal IGF-I expression. ..
- ABCs of Intestinal Sterol TransportF Field; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this proposal will provide new and novel information on the roles of the ABC transporters, NPC1L1, and lipid rafts in intestinal sterol metabolism ..
- EICOSANOIDS AND NO IN CEREBROVASCULAR THROMBOSISKenneth Wu; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is intended that this program will enable several laboratories to work individually and together to achieve the highest degree of innovating and productivity. ..
- C/EBPB And Mitotic Clonal Expansion During AdipogenesisQi Qun Tang; Fiscal Year: 2004..identify the kinase(s) that catalyzes this/these phosphorylation/s and to determine how the kinase(s) is regulated. -determine the role of C/EBP-beta in mitotic clonal expansion and how phosphorylation of C/EBP-beta affects this role...
- High Throughput Chemical Genomics to Identify Novel Inhibitors of CHOPRandal Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TETRAHYDROBIOPTERIN BIOSYNTHESIS BY DOPAMINE NEURONSGregory Kapatos; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect that this multidisciplinary approach will yield important new information on the role of GCH1 in NSDA neuron function and will lead to a new understanding of DRD and familial and idiopathic PD. ..
- Nutritional Control of Transcription Factor ExpressionMichael S Kilberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our long-term goal is to understand how mammalian cells respond to their nutritional environment through gene expression, using amino acid availability as the model. ..
- Conformational Diseases of the Secretory PathwayRandal Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This conference will focus on new technologies and methodologies to study this rapidly moving field in order to dissect the complexity and diversity of ER function. ..