Genomes and Genes
Summary: Abnormal immunoglobulins characteristic of MULTIPLE MYELOMA.
Publications187 found, 100 shown here
- Demonstration of changes in plasma cell subsets in multiple myelomaMichael John Ayliffe
Department of Immunology, St Helier Hospital Wrythe Lane, Carshalton, Surrey, UK
Haematologica 92:1135-8. 2007..Progression from cells making intact M-Ig to cells restricted to FLC only production occurred in individual cases during the course of their disease. The presence of FLC only cells was associated with shortened survival...
- Prognostic value of circulating plasma cells in monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significanceShaji Kumar
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5668-74. 2005..Identification of patients with MGUS at high risk of progression will allow development of preventive strategies. We studied the prognostic value of circulating plasma cells (PCs) in patients with MGUS to predict progression...
- [How to diagnose a patient precisely as a myeloma patient?--Lots of problems during diagnostic process]Akiyoshi Miwa
Department of Hematology, International Medical Center of Japan
Nihon Rinsho 65:2268-79. 2007..extramedullary plasmacytoma or transition to lympho -proliferative disorders from myeloma), and finally the interpretation of new M-component or oligo-clonal protein band in some periods after stem cell transplantation for myeloma...
- Analysis of O-glycan heterogeneity in IgA1 myeloma proteins by Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry: implications for IgA nephropathyMatthew B Renfrow
UAB Biomedical FT ICR MS Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, MCLM 570 1530 3rd AVE S, Birmingham, AL 35294 0005, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:1397-407. 2007..FT-ICR MS to obtain unbiased accurate mass profiles of IgA1 HR glycopeptides from three different IgA1 myeloma proteins. Additionally, we report the first AI-ECD fragmentation on an individual IgA1 O-glycopeptide from an IgA1 HR ..
- Private idiotypes located on light and heavy chains of human myeloma proteins characterized by monoclonal antibodiesFatemeh Hajighasemi
Department of Immunology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 25:329-35. 2006..five murine monoclonal anti-idiotypic antibodies were generated against two human immunoglobulin G (IgG) myeloma proteins. These monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) are produced by hybridoma clones obtained by the fusion of myeloma cells ..
- Immunomodulatory drug CC-5013 overcomes drug resistance and is well tolerated in patients with relapsed multiple myelomaPaul G Richardson
Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 100:3063-7. 2002..Our study therefore provides the basis for the evaluation of CC-5013, either alone or in combination, to treat patients with MM at earlier stages of disease...
- [Thalidomide in the treatment of refractory multiple myeloma: a Dutch study of 72 patients: an antitumor effect in 45%]K L Wu
Erasmus Medisch Centrum, locatie Dijkzigt, Afd Hematologie, Postbus 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:1445-8. 2002..To determine the efficacy and side effects of thalidomide in the treatment of refractory multiple myeloma...
- [The CBO professional guideline 'monoclonal gammopathy' (paraproteinemia) (revision)]A M J Buiting
Kwaliteitsinstituut voor de Gezondheidszorg CBO, Postbus 20 064, 3502 LB Utrecht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:1406-11. 2002..Cytogenetic studies of the bone marrow are recommended as well. In the case of unexplained polyneuropathy, an M-protein should be looked for...
- Myeloma and macroglobulinemia: what are the criteria for diagnosis?Marvin J Stone
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas 75246, TX, USA
Clin Lymphoma 3:23-5. 2002..Uniform definitions and consensus on diagnostic standards are becoming increasingly necessary if more effective and less toxic therapeutic approaches for patients with myeloma and macroglobulinemia are to be applied in an optimal manner...
- Simple variables predict survival after autologous transplantation: a single centre experience in 181 multiple myeloma patientsM Krejci
Department of Internal Medicine Haematooncology, Masaryk University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 54:143-8. 2007..004), clinical stage III according to ISS (P = 0.002) and no achievement of CR and/or VGPR after ASCT (P < 0.001). The stage of the disease before ASCT did not significantly affect OS after ASCT...
- Clinical significance of vascular endothelial growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor in multiple myelomaTsuyoshi Iwasaki
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Br J Haematol 116:796-802. 2002....
- Thrombosis in multiple myelomaMaurizio Zangari
Myeloma Institute, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham Street, Slot 776, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:307-15. 2007....
- Reversibility of renal failure in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients treated with high dose dexamethasone-containing regimens and the impact of novel agentsEfstathios Kastritis
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, University of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Haematologica 92:546-9. 2007..046). In conclusion, RF is reversible in the majority of newly diagnosed MM patients treated with high-dose dexamethasone containing regimens. The addition of novel agents induces a more rapid RF reversal...
- Gene scanning of VDJH-amplified segments is a clinically relevant technique to detect contaminating tumor cells in the apheresis products of multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationR López-Pérez
Haematology Service, University Hospital of Salamanca and Centre for Cancer Research of Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente, 58 182, Salamanca, 37007, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:665-72. 2001..037) and overall survival (81% vs 28% at 5 years, P = 0.045) than those transplanted with monoclonal apheresis. In summary, the gene scanning of apheresis products is a useful and clinically relevant technique in MM transplanted patients...
- A VH4-34+ myeloma protein with weak autoreactivityMarianne Frøyland
Institute of Immunology, University of Oslo and Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Haematologica 92:690-3. 2007..Thus, counter-selection of VH4-34 is pronounced but not absolute in MM. Mechanisms of how VH4-34 can occasionally be expressed in MM and clinical implications are discussed...
- Randomized Phase II trial of thalidomide alone versus thalidomide plus interferon alpha in patients with refractory multiple myelomaTzeon Jye Chiou
Section of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Invest 25:140-7. 2007..It may be concluded that the combined regimen is not well tolerated in our patients and needed to be further evaluated in the future...
- Long-term remission of paraprotein-induced immunotactoid glomerulopathy after high-dose therapy and autologous blood stem cell transplantationMathias Witzens-Harig
Ann Hematol 86:927-30. 2007
- Monoclonal gammopathy: natural history studied with a retrospective approachHlif Steingrimsdottir
Landspitali University Hospital, Department of Clinical Hematology, Reykjavik, Iceland
Haematologica 92:1131-4. 2007..Excluding light chain or non-secretory disease, 72 % of MM cases had a prodromal MGUS phase within 10 years of diagnosis MM and WM were preceded by MGUS in at least half of the cases, confirming the premalignant nature of this condition...
- [Intracytoplasmic crystals and Fanconi syndrome in a patient with IgA kappa myeloma]G Martín Reyes
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, Avda Carlos Haya, 82, 29010 Malaga
Nefrologia 21:213-6. 2001..We discuss the pathogenesis of Fanconi syndrome induced by light chains as well as the composition of crystalline deposits and the effects of treatment on Fanconi Syndrome...
- [Multiple myeloma]U Kolyvanos Naumann
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitatsspital Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:1111-8; quiz 1119. 2007
- Flow cytometric disease monitoring in multiple myeloma: the relationship between normal and neoplastic plasma cells predicts outcome after transplantationAndy C Rawstron
Academic Unit of Haematology and Oncology, Algernon Firth Building, University of Leeds, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Blood 100:3095-100. 2002..036). Analysis of normal and neoplastic plasma cell levels is more sensitive than immunofixation and can identify which patients may benefit from additional treatment strategies at an early stage after transplantation...
- Prognostic value of angiogenesis in solitary bone plasmacytomaShaji Kumar
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 101:1715-7. 2003..02). Angiogenesis is increased in solitary plasmacytoma and is a significant predictor of progression to myeloma and provides further evidence of its importance in the pathogenesis of myeloma...
- Unstable plasma thalidomide concentration in patients with refractory multiple myelomaTomoko Kodama
School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Gunma University, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Lab Hematol 10:132-6. 2004..In conclusion, low-dose thalidomide therapy may effectively treat refractory myeloma, and the measurement of thalidomide concentration in the blood may not be a marker of therapeutic effect, but rather a marker of adverse effects...
- The predictive power of serum kappa/lambda ratios for discrimination between monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and multiple myelomaEnrique Bergón
Department of Clinical Pathology, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:32-7. 2005..6 and 4.2 increases the posterior probability of MGUS from 0.60 to 0.96 in asymptomatic patients, for whom only monitoring may be suggested when the serum kappa/lambda ratio is within these limits...
- Thalidomide alone or in combination with dexamethasone in patients with advanced, relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma and renal failurePatrizia Tosi
Institute of Haematology and Medical Oncology L and A Seragnoli, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Haematol 73:98-103. 2004..In conclusion, our data show that thalidomide can be safely administered in patients with advanced MM and renal failure...
- Circulating plasma cells detected by flow cytometry as a predictor of survival in 302 patients with newly diagnosed multiple myelomaGrzegorz S Nowakowski
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 106:2276-9. 2005..We conclude that the number of circulating PCs measured by flow cytometry in patients with newly diagnosed MM is an independent predictor of survival...
- Change in relative mobility of M protein following neuraminidase treatment in patients with multiple myeloma and monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significanceYuriko Kurihara
Analytical Laboratory Chemistry, Graduate School of Allied Health Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Lab Anal 18:182-6. 2004..However, after neuraminidase treatment, there was no significant difference between relative mobility in cancer patient's sera and those in other disease patients...
- [Monoclonal gammopathies--from MGUS to myeloma]U Hess
Fachbereich Onkologie Hämatologie, Kantonsspital St Gallen
Ther Umsch 61:161-7. 2004..Progress in supportive therapies and the development of promising new drugs such as proteasome inhibitors and thalidomide analogues may provide further benefits for myeloma patients in the future...
- High-dose therapy/autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with chemosensitive multiple myeloma: predictors of complete remissionE Nadal
Hematology Department, BMT Section, Institute of Hemato Oncology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:61-4. 2004..Finally, the pretransplant features significantly associated to CR were a low M-protein size (serum </=10 g/l and urine <0.5 g/24 h) (P=0.0003) and a proportion of bone marrow plasma cells of </=5% (P=0.02)...
- RAS mutations are uncommon in multiple myeloma and other monoclonal gammopathiesPaloma Martin
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, 28035 Madrid, Spain
Int J Oncol 27:1023-8. 2005..No mutations within either codon 12 of K-ras or codon 61 of N-ras have been found in any of the samples. These results indicate that Ras mutations do not play a significant role in the pathogenesis of MM in the Spanish population...
- New strategies for MGUS and smoldering multiple myelomaRobert A Kyle
Mayo Clinic Medical School, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 2:507, 509. 2004
- Antibodies contained in "M" component of some patients with multiple myeloma are directed to food antigens?Zorica Juranic
Leuk Res 30:1585-6. 2006..As the serum antigliadin immunoreactivity is present in patients with gluten intolerance, celiac disease, it could be of importance to elucidate is the multiple myeloma more severe form of gluten intolerance than celiac disease...
- Probing the specificity of human myeloma proteins with a random peptide phage libraryA Dybwad
Department of Immunology, Molecular Medicine Group, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Norway
Scand J Immunol 57:583-90. 2003Human myeloma proteins (HMPs) from 10 patients with multiple myeloma (MM) were used to affinity-select peptides from a random phage-display peptide library...
- Effects of paraprotein heavy and light chain types and free light chain load on survival in myeloma: an analysis of patients receiving conventional-dose chemotherapy in Medical Research Council UK multiple myeloma trialsMark Drayson
Division of Immunity and Infection, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Vincent Drive, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Blood 108:2013-9. 2006..The worse survival of IgA patients was attributed to shorter progression-free survival (median, 1.2 vs 1.6 years; P < .001), which is important for maintenance therapy...
- Systematic search and molecular characterization of the antigenic targets of myeloma immunoglobulins: a monoclonal IgA from a female patient targeting sperm-specific cylicin IIX Xie
Medizinische Klinik I, Saarland University Medical School, Homburg, Germany
Cancer Immun 1:11. 2001..analysis of antigens by recombinant cDNA expression cloning) using a testis cDNA expression library and myeloma proteins from 42 patients. A monoclonal IgA from a female patient was shown to target sperm-specific cylicin II...
- Conventional diagnostics in multiple myelomaJesus F San Miguel
Servicio de Haematología, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente 58 182, 37007, Salamanca, Spain
Eur J Cancer 42:1510-9. 2006..In addition, possible technical pitfalls inherent to each technique will be analysed...
- Transformation of a MGUS to overt multiple myeloma: the possible role of a pituitary macroadenoma secreting high levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1)Alessandra Tucci
Sezione di Ematologia, Spedali Civili, p le Spedali Civili 1, 25125 Brescia, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 44:543-5. 2003....
- New frontiers in the treatment of multiple myelomaJanice Jin Hwang
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 6:1475-503. 2006..Finally, we present the clinical responses to some of these agents when used alone or in combination in clinical trials of patients with MM. Indeed, MM has become a model disease for the development of novel, therapeutic agents...
- [Multiple myeloma of the IgD-lambda type invading CNS]Kana Kitamura
Division of 1st Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine
Rinsho Ketsueki 45:1124-8. 2004..One month later, CNS relapse was apparent followed by generalized spread of the tumor mass, and she died on March 17, 2003...
- Granulocyte colony stimulating factor-producing multiple myeloma associated with neutrophiliaKanoko Kohmura
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1475-9. 2004..8 pg/ml) in the supernatant by ELISA. These results indicated plasma cells of this myeloma patient directly produced G-CSF and that this was the primary cause of neutrophilia...
- Wilms tumor gene WT1 peptide-based immunotherapy induced a minimal response in a patient with advanced therapy-resistant multiple myelomaAkihiro Tsuboi
Department of Cancer Immunotherapy, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 7 Yamada oka, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Int J Hematol 86:414-7. 2007....
- IgD myeloma indicated by plasma cells in the peripheral blood and massive pleural effusionKazuhiko Natori
Ann Hematol 87:587-9. 2008
- Multiple myeloma: diagnosis and treatmentKonrad C Nau
West Virginia University, Department of Family Medicine, Eastern Division, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia 26425, USA
Am Fam Physician 78:853-9. 2008..Five-year survival rates approach 33 percent, and the median survival rate is 33 months...
- Focal and segmental glomerulosclerosis and plasma cell proliferative disordersDavid Dingli
Division of Hematology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:278-82. 2005..FSGS can be caused by a variety of conditions, but it has been reported rarely in association with a plasma cell disorder...
- [Renal disease in multiple myeloma]Keiju Hiromura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:2229-34. 2007..We also focus on the treatment of renal disease in multiple myeloma, in the view points of the chemotherapy to reduce M-protein and the prevention to reduce the risks of promoting renal injury...
- Primary systemic amyloidosis associated with multiple myeloma: a case report and review of the literatureAshley R Mason
Department of Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cutis 80:193-200. 2007..Despite more in-depth assessment and accurate classification, survival for patients with primary systemic disease remains poor...
- Purging of myeloma cells using all-trans retinoic acid in a mouse modelJ M Henry
Department of Haematology and Genetic Pathology, Flinders University of South Australia and Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Exp Hematol 29:315-21. 2001....
- Impaired expression and functional activity of the beta 3- and beta 1-adrenergic receptors in adipose tissue of congenitally obese (C57BL/6J ob/ob) miceS Collins
Department of Medicine Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Mol Endocrinol 8:518-27. 1994....
- Reactivities of N-acetylgalactosamine-specific lectins with human IgA1 proteinsJennifer S Moore
Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Mol Immunol 44:2598-604. 2007..commercial preparations of GalNAc-specific lectins using a panel of IgA1 and, as controls, IgA2 and IgG myeloma proteins. These lectins originated from snails Helix aspersa (HAA) and Helix pomatia (HPA), and the plant Vicia ..
- Dysregulation of membrane-bound tumor necrosis factor-alpha and tumor necrosis factor receptors on mononuclear cells in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection: low percentage of p75-tumor necrosis factor receptor positive cells in patients with advK Hestdal
Department of Pediatric Research, University of Oslo, The National Hospital, Norway
Blood 90:2670-9. 1997....
- Comparative N-glucuronidation kinetics of ketotifen and amitriptyline by expressed human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and liver microsomesU Breyer-Pfaff
Department of Toxicology, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 28:869-72. 2000....
- Comparison between a second generation automated multicapillary electrophoresis system with an automated agarose gel electrophoresis system for the detection of M-componentsAnders Larsson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Ups J Med Sci 113:65-72. 2008....
- [Solitary plasmacytoma of bone: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical and immunoglobulin gene rearrangement study]Zhuo Zuo
Department of Pathology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 39:177-82. 2010..To investigate clinicopathologic features of solitary plasmacytoma of bone (SPB) and the role of immuno-phenotype and immunoglobulin gene rearrangement detection in the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of SPB...
- Colour adaptation modifies the long-wave versus middle-wave cone weights and temporal phases in human luminance (but not red-green) mechanismC F Stromeyer
Division of Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Physiol 499:227-54. 1997..The spectrally opponent surround appears sluggish, with a long delay (approximately 20 ms) relative to the centre...
- Identification of the teichoic acid phosphorylcholine esterase in Streptococcus pneumoniaeW Vollmer
Laboratory of Microbiology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Microbiol 39:1610-22. 2001..and are also recognized by components of the host response, such as the human C-reactive protein, a class of myeloma proteins and PAF receptors...
- Poor relation between Glasgow coma scale and survival after head injuryGeorgios K Matis
Democritus University of Thrace, Medical School, Neurosurgical Department, University Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Greece
Med Sci Monit 15:CR62-65. 2009..Early indicators or predictors of outcome after head injury can affect clinical decision making and the choice of case-specific approaches to rehabilitation...
- Clonal characterization of the human IgG antibody repertoire to Haemophilus influenzae type b polysaccharide. III. A single VKII gene and one of several JK genes are joined by an invariant arginine to form the most common L chain V regionM G Scott
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
J Immunol 143:4110-6. 1989..When the sequence of these antibodies was compared with known VKII genes and myeloma proteins, it was found to be identical to the human VKII gene, A2, whose genomic sequence is presented here...
- Rapid biotin-avidin method for quantitation of antiviral antibody isotypesJ D Peterson
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611
J Virol Methods 27:189-201. 1990..These anti-isotype particles captured the virus-antibody complexes. Mouse myeloma proteins were used to quantitate and standardize isotype profiles of normal mouse serum using fluorescein ..
- Inflammatory activity: capillary electrophoresis provides more information than erythrocyte sedimentation rateAnders Larsson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Ups J Med Sci 110:151-8. 2005..ESR determinations have been performed for more than eighty years and it is still one of the most frequently used laboratory tests, mainly to monitor the inflammatory response and as a tumour marker...
- Assessment of cervical lymph node metastasis in the staging of thoracic esophageal carcinomaH Kato
Department of Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Surg Oncol 74:282-5. 2000..Patients with CLM, however, can experience extended survival after cervical lymph node dissection, unlike patients with other M components...
- Immunoglobulin heavy and light chain isotypes in multiple myeloma patientsNadeem A Ansari
Dept of Biochemistry, J N Medical College, AMU, Aligarh, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:593-6. 2007The frequency of expression of immunoglobulin (Ig) light and heavy chain isotypes was analyzed in myeloma proteins (M-proteins) from sera of 40 Indian patients with clinically established multiple myeloma...
- Relative noncovalent association constant between immunoglobulin H and L chains is unrelated to their expression or antigen-binding activityP A Hamel
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Canada
J Immunol 139:3012-20. 1987With H and L chains derived from the murine hybridoma and myeloma proteins NQ5-89...
- Crystal structures of human antibodies: a detailed and unfinished tapestry of immunoglobulin gene productsPaul A Ramsland
Structural Biology Laboratory, The Austin Research Institute, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
J Mol Recognit 15:248-59. 2002..gene system were in the 1970s, in landmark publications, reporting the crystal structures of two human myeloma proteins, the Mcg lambda light chain dimer and the New IgG1(lambda) Fab...
- Prolonged hemodialysis for acute kidney injury in myeloma patientsW Hanf
Nephrology Department, Hopital E Herriot, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Clin Nephrol 74:319-22. 2010..In these patients, in addition to chemotherapy that prevents FLC production, daily hemodialysis using high cutoff or adsorptive membranes, showed promising results by decreasing quickly toxic serum FLC concentrations...
- Temporal and spatial congruence of components of motion-onset evoked responses investigated by whole-head magneto-electroencephalographyN A M Schellart
Department of Visual System Analysis, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, NL 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Vision Res 44:119-34. 2004..N2a(m) and N2b(m) originate in the extrastriate cortex, possibly close to or in V3/V3A and MT/V5 respectively. Motion-evoked activity in (near) V3/V3A is novel on the basis of EEG data...
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain gene organization in mice: analysis of a myeloma genomic clone containing variable and alpha constant regionsP W Early
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 76:857-61. 1979..Southern blot analysis of embryo and myeloma DNA suggests that DNA rearrangement of heavy chain variable and constant regions occurs during the differentiation of antibody-producing cells...
- Accuracy of serum IgM and IgA monoclonal protein measurements by densitometryC Howard Tseng
Department of Pathology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Ann Clin Lab Sci 33:160-6. 2003..However, 1:10 or 1:20 dilution is occasionally required for a subset of sera with IgA or IgM M-proteins that show an unusually thin, narrow, and dense M-protein band and have high total serum protein content...
- Activation of a cellular oncogene by DNA rearrangement: possible involvement of an IS-like elementG Rechavi
Nature 300:607-11. 1982..This is the first demonstration in a non-virally-induced tumour of activation of a cellular oncogene by a mechanism possibly involving DNA transposition...
- Practical considerations for the measurement of free light chains in serumJillian R Tate
Chemical Pathology Department, Queensland Health Pathology Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland 4102, Australia
Clin Chem 49:1252-7. 2003..We describe experience with and some potential pitfalls of the assay...
- Nonsecretory plasma cell myeloma--becoming even more rare with serum free light-chain assay: a brief reviewGene R Shaw
Marshfield Laboratories, Marshfield, Wis 54449, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1212-5. 2006..It is generally reported to comprise approximately 1% to 5% of all cases of plasma cell myeloma and, because of its rarity, requires a high index of suspicion and bone marrow biopsy to establish the diagnosis...
- Combination of pamidronate and thalidomide in the therapy of treatment-resistant multiple myelomaHanna Ciepłuch
Department of Hematology, Institute of Internal Diseases, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Med Sci Monit 8:PI31-6. 2002..Bisphosphonates combined with thalidomide, a drug possessing confirmed anti-myeloma activity, seem to have potential favorable effect in patients with treatment-resistant multiple myeloma with advanced osteolytic lesions...
- Evaluation of an International Pharmacopoeia method for the analysis of saquinavir (mesilate) bulk drugs by liquid chromatographyRaja Yekkala
Laboratorium voor Farmaceutische Analyse, Faculteit Farmaceutische Wetenschappen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:829-38. 2007..5 microm. A central composite design was applied to examine the robustness of the method. The method shows good precision, linearity, sensitivity and robustness. SQV(M) commercial samples of bulk drugs were examined using this method...
- Development of two murine monoclonal antibodies recognizing human nG1m(a)-like isoallotypic markersFatemeh Hajighasemi
Department of Immunology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 27:473-9. 2008..Specificity of the MAbs was further analyzed using a panel of purified myeloma proteins and polyclonal IgG3, including IgG1 (n = 9), IgG2 (n = 4), IgG3 (n = 8), and IgG4 (n = 6) subclasses...
- A genome-wide transcriptional analysis of producer and non-producer NS0 myeloma cell linesSoo Hean Gary Khoo
School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 47:85-95. 2007....
- Serum free light chain analysisMatthew S Davids
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Hematol 85:787-90. 2010..This article summarizes laboratory testing for serum FLC, with a particular focus on clinical applications for the test...
- Serum free light chain (FLC) measurement can aid capillary zone electrophoresis in detecting subtle FLC-producing M proteinsNasir A Bakshi
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 124:214-8. 2005..Addition of the free kappa/lambda ratio to CZE increases the yield of lymphocyte and plasma cell proliferative processes detected by 56%...
- Identification of human cytochrome P450 and flavin-containing monooxygenase enzymes involved in the metabolism of lorcaserin, a novel selective human 5-hydroxytryptamine 2C agonistKhawja A Usmani
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 6166 Nancy Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 40:761-71. 2012..Multiple human P450 and FMO enzymes catalyze the formation of four primary oxidative metabolites of lorcaserin, suggesting that lorcaserin has a low probability of drug-drug interactions by concomitant medications...
- The albumin and monoclonal protein ratio as prognostic marker for multiple myeloma in the era of novel agentsKatalin Kádár
Kutvolgyi Clinical Centre, Semmelweis University, Kutvolgyi ut 4, 1125 Budapest, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 18:557-61. 2012..Authors recommend therefore applying this A/M ratio in further studies for the better pre-treatment stratification...
- Capillary electrophoresis for monitoring the effects of plasmapheresis: a feasibility studyAnders Larsson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Transfus Apher Sci 33:19-23. 2005..The mean reduction in M-component size was 51%, range 33-61%. Capillary electrophoresis is a rapid and inexpensive method that could be used to monitor the effect of plasmapheresis during the actual treatment...
- Serum levels of free light chain before and after chemotherapy in primary systemic AL amyloidosisMasayuki Matsuda
Third Department of Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Intern Med 44:428-33. 2005..To investigate whether FLCs are useful as a diagnostic and therapeutic marker in Japanese patients with primary systemic AL amyloidosis, we determined these values in serum before and after chemotherapy...
- Rapid specific amplification of rat antibody cDNA from nine hybridomas in the presence of myeloma light chainsJamie L Brady
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Australia
J Immunol Methods 315:61-7. 2006..We have designed an amplification strategy that differentiates the rearranged rat kappa chain from all mouse light chains. Moreover, this method is expedient as it requires minimal downstream manipulation...
- Multiple complications in multiple myelomaSeema Basi
Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2562, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 45:619-23. 2005
- Specific targeting to murine myeloma cells of Cyt1Aa toxin from Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensisShmuel Cohen
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O 653, Be er Sheva 84105, Israel
J Biol Chem 282:28301-8. 2007..LTCs comprising the Cyt1Aa toxin might be useful anticancer agents. As a membrane-acting toxin, Cyt1Aa is not likely to induce development of resistant cell lines...
- Multiple myeloma: a descriptive study of 217 Egyptian patientsNoha M El Husseiny
Clinical Haematology Unit, Kasr Al Aini Hospital, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Ann Hematol 93:141-5. 2014..05). Our records were largely comparable to those reported in Chinese studies but different from those noted in Western and Arabic countries...
- Reply. Kastritis E. et al. Reversibility of renal failure in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients treated with high dose dexamethasone containing regimes and the impact of novel agents. Haematologica 2007; 92:546-9R Bergner
Medizinische Klinik A, Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen GmbH, Bremserstrasse 79, 67063 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Haematologica 93:e18-9. 2008
- Morphometric approach to thermodynamic quantities of solvation of complex molecules: extension to multicomponent solventRyota Kodama
Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
J Chem Phys 135:045103. 2011..The MA thus developed is expected to be best suited to analyses concerning the effects of cosolvents such as urea on the structural stability of a protein...
- Serial serum free light chain measurements do not detect changes in disease status earlier than electrophoretic M-spike measurements in patients with intact immunoglobulin myelomaSacha N Uljon
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, United States
Clin Chim Acta 412:562-8. 2011....
- Targeted idiotype-fusion DNA vaccines for human multiple myeloma: preclinical testingMarianne Frøyland
Centre for Immune Regulation, Institute of Immunology, University of Oslo and Rikshospitalet Oslo University Hospital Section of Hematology, Medical Department, Rikshospitalet Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Haematol 86:385-95. 2011..targeting of the vaccine molecules to APC enhance immune responses? (iii) can anti-Id antibodies, generated as by-product in vaccinated mice, be used to establish sensitive assays for complete remission (CR) prior to patient vaccination?..
- Retrospective study of monoclonal gammopathies detected in the clinical laboratory of a Spanish healthcare district: 14-year seriesEnrique Bergón
Department of Clinical Pathology, Getafe University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:190-6. 2007....
- Non-secretory myeloma: a rare variant of multiple myelomaKhurshid Ahmed Khan
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 18:576-7. 2008..We are presenting a case report of this rare variant involving the sternum of an adult male...
- Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of multiple myeloma 2005Alastair Smith
Department of Haematology, Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, UK
Br J Haematol 132:410-51. 2006
- Therapeutic outcome of cyclic VAD (vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone) therapy in primary systemic AL amyloidosis patientsKo ichi Tazawa
Department of Medicine Neurology and Rheumatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine
Intern Med 47:1517-22. 2008..We prospectively studied the clinical usefulness of cyclic VAD (vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone) in patients with primary systemic AL amyloidosis who were ineligible for high-dose melphalan with autologous stem cell support...
- An analysis of the measurement principle of smart brackets for 3D force and moment monitoring in orthodonticsS Rues
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Biomech 44:1892-900. 2011..21 N. Improving the force measurement accuracy and integrating components for telemetric energy and data transfer are the next steps towards clinical application of intelligent orthodontic appliances based on smart brackets...
- Long-term idiotype vaccination combined with interleukin-12 (IL-12), or IL-12 and granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor, in early-stage multiple myeloma patientsLotta Hansson
Department of Haematology, CancerCentre Karolinska, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 13:1503-10. 2007..Idiotype-specific T-cell responses were assessed by [(3)H]thymidine incorporation, enzyme-linked immunospot assay, and delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction...
- Unknown: Yellow plaques on the chest and arms present for more than 6 years in an 80-year-old male. Diffuse normolipemic plane xanthomas presenting in association with myelodysplastic syndromeL Katie Morrison
Department of Dermatology, University ot Texas Health Sciences Center Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Dermatol Online J 17:11. 2011..Such clinical presentations may indicate that an evaluation for myelodyscrasias is warranted...
- Targeted therapeutics for multiple myeloma: the arrival of a risk-stratified approachRafael Fonseca
Mayo Clinic, 13208 East Shea Boulevard, Collaborative Research Building 3 006, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 5494, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:802-10. 2007....
- Clinical significance of abnormal serum free light chain ratio: diagnostic confusion or underlying monoclonality?Sun Young Cho
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kyung Hee University, School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Lab 59:1419-22. 2013....
- Molecular characterization of immunoglobulin G4 gene isoallotypesA Brusco
Centro CNR CIOS, Torino, Italy
Eur J Immunogenet 25:349-55. 1998..In the first, Leu 309, as in G1 and G3, is changed to Val, as in G2; studies on myeloma proteins have long assigned the immunologically defined nG4 m(a)/(b) to the same position...
- Assembly of a functional immunoglobulin Fv fragment in Escherichia coliA Skerra
Genzentrum der Universität München, Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, FRG
Science 240:1038-41. 1988..This expression system should facilitate future protein engineering experiments on antibodies...
- Dendritic cells derived from multiple myeloma patients efficiently internalize different classes of myeloma proteinA W Butch
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UCLA Medical Center, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Mailroom A2 179 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
Exp Hematol 29:85-92. 2001..b>Myeloma proteins were labeled with fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and internalization of protein by DCs was measured by ..
- Genetics of the antibody response to dextran in miceB Blomberg
Science 177:178-80. 1972..The response to dextran is controlled by a locus linked to the-heavy chain locus...
- MECHANISM FOR CHARGED-RELATED NEPHROTOXICITYDarryl Peterson; Fiscal Year: 1993Cationic substances like myeloma proteins, cationized albumin, and gentamicin are nephrotoxic at the level of the proximal tubule...
- HUMAN MYELOMA PROTEINS WITH ANTI-CARBOHYDRATE ACTIVITYELVIN KABAT; Fiscal Year: 1992We have studied the antibody activity of humans myeloma proteins and macroglobulins for many years. These studies have related specificities to many determinants particularly carbohydrates which have never been obtained in mice...
- ANALYSIS OF IDIOTYPE MUTANTSHeinz Kohler; Fiscal Year: 1980..The idiotype of this protein is shared by several other BALB/c myeloma proteins and represents the major subgroup of PC-binding myeloma proteins...
- LYMPHOCYTES ACTIVATED BY FC FRAGMENTS IN PERIODONTITISDavid Engel; Fiscal Year: 1992..This research proposal seeks to test the capacities of Fc fragments generated by incubation of IgGl and IgAl myeloma proteins with Ig proteases derived from Pg to induce proliferation and Ig secretion by mouse splenic B cells, and IL-6 ..
- EXPLOITING NOVEL THERAPEUTIC TARGETS IN MULTIPLE MYELOMA (K23M)Ruben Niesvizky; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that this work will significantly contribute to the care of patients with this disease and other B-cell malignancies. ..
- Peptides/MHC-I complexes and CD8+T cellsHerman Eisen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to help provide a platform to aid in the development of immunization strategies leading to increased yields of potent memory CD8 T cells. ..
- SOMATIC MUTATION AND SELECTION OF MEMORY B CELLSNORMAN KLINMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..sub-normally mutating cells in the selection of cells into the memory B cell pool. If successful, these experiments will provide important advances in understanding the molecular and cellular phenomena responsible for B cell memory. ..
- VACCINES ELICITING CD8 CYTOTOXIC T CELL RESPONSESHerman Eisen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PHENOTYPIC AND PSYCHOSOCIAL STUDY OF THE L1307K MUTATIONHenry Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004....