Genomes and Genes
vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2
Summary: A 200-230-kDa tyrosine kinase receptor for vascular endothelial growth factors found primarily in endothelial and hematopoietic cells and their precursors. VEGFR-2 is important for vascular and hematopoietic development, and mediates almost all endothelial cell responses to VEGF.
Publications318 found, 100 shown here
- VEGF guides angiogenic sprouting utilizing endothelial tip cell filopodiaHolger Gerhardt
Deparrment of Medical Biochemistry, University of Goteborg, Medicinaregatan 9A, Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Cell Biol 161:1163-77. 2003..Thus, vessel patterning during retinal angiogenesis depends on the balance between two different qualities of the extracellular VEGF-A distribution, which regulate distinct cellular responses in defined populations of endothelial cells...
- Autocrine VEGF signaling is required for vascular homeostasisSunyoung Lee
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cell 130:691-703. 2007..These results reveal a cell-autonomous VEGF signaling pathway that holds significance for vascular homeostasis but is dispensable for the angiogenic cascade...
- Ligand-independent activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 by fluid shear stress regulates activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseZheng Gen Jin
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circ Res 93:354-63. 2003..In this study, we found that laminar flow (shear stress=12 dyne/cm2) rapidly activates vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) in a ligand-independent manner and leads to eNOS activation in cultured endothelial ..
- Acquired expression of periostin by human breast cancers promotes tumor angiogenesis through up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 expressionRong Shao
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3992-4003. 2004..These findings demonstrate the presence of a novel mechanism by which tumor angiogenesis is acquired with the expression of a mesenchyme-specific gene as a crucial step in late stages of tumorigenesis...
- VEGF receptor-2 Y951 signaling and a role for the adapter molecule TSAd in tumor angiogenesisTaro Matsumoto
Rudbeck Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
EMBO J 24:2342-53. 2005..Tumor vascularization and growth was reduced in TSAd-deficient mice, indicating a critical role of Y951-TSAd signaling in pathological angiogenesis...
- VEGF expression and receptor activation in the choroid during development and in the adultMagali Saint-Geniez
Schepens Eye Research Institute, The Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3135-42. 2006....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor induces chemotaxis and proliferation of microglial cellsFrauke Forstreuter
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, Olshausenstrasse 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 132:93-8. 2002..These results show that microglial cells are targets for VEGF which induces migration and proliferation of these immunocompetent cells in the brain...
- Vascular endothelial cadherin controls VEGFR-2 internalization and signaling from intracellular compartmentsMaria Grazia Lampugnani
IFOM, Fondazione Italiana per la Ricerca sul Cancro Institute of Molecular Oncology, University of Milan, 20139 Milan, Italy
J Cell Biol 174:593-604. 2006..Thus, VEC limits cell proliferation by retaining VEGFR-2 at the membrane and preventing its internalization into signaling compartments...
- A phase I study of foretinib, a multi-targeted inhibitor of c-Met and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2Joseph Paul Eder
Early Drug Development Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3507-16. 2010..Secondary objectives included evaluation of plasma pharmacokinetics, long-term safety after repeated administration, preliminary antitumor activity, and pharmacodynamic activity...
- Signal transduction by VEGF receptors in regulation of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesisMasabumi Shibuya
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Exp Cell Res 312:549-60. 2006..Mapping the signaling system of these important receptors may provide the knowledge necessary to suppress specific signaling pathways in major human diseases...
- Direct stimulation of adult neural stem cells in vitro and neurogenesis in vivo by vascular endothelial growth factorAnne Schänzer
Institute of Neurology Edinger Institute, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Brain Pathol 14:237-48. 2004..We propose that VEGF acts as a trophic factor for neural stem cells in vitro and for sustained neurogenesis in the adult nervous system. These findings may have implications for the pathogenesis and therapy of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Phase I clinical trial using peptide vaccine for human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in combination with gemcitabine for patients with advanced pancreatic cancerMotoki Miyazawa
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:433-9. 2010b>Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) is an essential factor in tumor angiogenesis and in the growth of pancreatic cancer...
- Treatment of transplanted CT26 tumour with dendritic cell vaccine in combination with blockade of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 and CTLA-4A E Pedersen
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Department of Medical Anatomy A, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Lett 235:229-38. 2006..However, effective treatment of mice with already established tumours was only obtained after combination of vaccination, DC101 and 9H10 treatment in which setting 80% of the mice rejected their tumours...
- Role of PlGF in the intra- and intermolecular cross talk between the VEGF receptors Flt1 and Flk1Monica Autiero
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KULeuven, Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
Nat Med 9:936-43. 2003....
- Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 activity in experimental brain contusions aggravates injury outcome and leads to early increased neuronal and glial degenerationMattias K Sköld
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, S 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 23:21-34. 2006..The possible importance of VEGF on the vascular, neuronal and glial compartments of the neurovascular unit after TBI is discussed...
- Endothelial-specific expression of caveolin-1 impairs microvascular permeability and angiogenesisPhilip M Bauer
Department of Pharmacology and Vascular Cell Signaling and Therapeutics Program, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:204-9. 2005..These data strongly support the idea that, in vivo, Cav-1 may modulate signaling pathways independent of its essential role in caveolae biogenesis...
- A mechanosensory complex that mediates the endothelial cell response to fluid shear stressEleni Tzima
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 437:426-31. 2005..Therefore, this mechanosensing pathway is required for the earliest-known events in atherogenesis...
- Complex formation between tissue transglutaminase II (tTG) and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR-2): proposed mechanism for modulation of endothelial cell response to VEGFRima Dardik
Institute of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Exp Cell Res 312:2973-82. 2006....
- Microvessel density and the association with single nucleotide polymorphisms of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in patients with colorectal cancerTorben Frøstrup Hansen
Department of Oncology, Danish Colorectal Cancer Group South, Vejle Hospital, Kabbeltoft 25, 7100, Vejle, Denmark
Virchows Arch 456:251-60. 2010..Moreover, an association between the SNPs and survival was demonstrated. The clinical implications of these findings need further investigations...
- Interactions of VEGF isoforms with VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2, and neuropilin in vivo: a computational model of human skeletal muscleFeilim Mac Gabhann
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins Univ School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Ave, 613 Traylor Bldg, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H459-74. 2007..This model is the first to study VEGF tissue distribution and receptor activation in human muscle, and it provides a platform for the design and evaluation of therapeutic approaches...
- An anti-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2/fetal liver kinase-1 Listeria monocytogenes anti-angiogenesis cancer vaccine for the treatment of primary and metastatic Her-2/neu+ breast tumors in a mouse modelMatthew M Seavey
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 182:5537-46. 2009..a central cell type involved in angiogenesis, endothelial cells, we immunized against host vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 to fight the growth of Her-2/neu(+) breast tumors...
- Evidence for novel fate of Flk1+ progenitor: contribution to muscle lineageToshiyuki Motoike
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 8573, USA
Genesis 35:153-9. 2003..Studies with these Cre lines provide direct evidence that Flk1(+) cells are progenitors for muscles, in addition to hematopoietic and vascular endothelial cells...
- Protein kinase D-dependent phosphorylation and nuclear export of histone deacetylase 5 mediates vascular endothelial growth factor-induced gene expression and angiogenesisChang Hoon Ha
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14586, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14590-9. 2008..These findings suggest that the PKD-HDAC5 pathway plays an important role in VEGF regulation of gene transcription and angiogenesis...
- Endothelial and hematopoietic cell fate of human embryonic stem cells originates from primitive endothelium with hemangioblastic propertiesLisheng Wang
Robarts Research Institute, Krembil Centre for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, 100 Perth Drive, London, Ontario N6A 5K8, Canada
Immunity 21:31-41. 2004....
- Mechanisms underlying TGF-beta1-induced expression of VEGF and Flk-1 in mouse macrophages and their implications for angiogenesisSeong Hyun Jeon
Department of Molecular Bioscience, School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Korea
J Leukoc Biol 81:557-66. 2007..The results from the present study indicate that TGF-beta1 can activate mouse macrophages to express angiogenic mediators such as VEGF, MMP-9, and Flk-1...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 activation induces vascular permeability in hyperstimulated rats, and this effect is prevented by receptor blockadeRaul Gomez
Fundación IVI para el Estudio de la Reproducción, Valencia, Spain
Endocrinology 143:4339-48. 2002..These results show that the ovary is the main source of VEGF(120) and VEGF(164), which act through the VEGF receptor-2 to increase VP, and provide new insights into the prevention of OHSS...
- VEGF, VEGFRs expressions and activated STATs in ovarian epithelial carcinomaHuaizeng Chen
Central Laboratory, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310006, China
Gynecol Oncol 94:630-5. 2004..To investigate the expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), VEGFRs and activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STATs) in ovarian epithelial carcinoma and the relationships among them...
- Novel role of ARF6 in vascular endothelial growth factor-induced signaling and angiogenesisSatoshi Ikeda
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Circ Res 96:467-75. 2005..Thus, ARF6 is involved in the temporal-spatial organization of caveolae/lipid rafts- and ROS-dependent VEGF signaling in ECs as well as in angiogenesis in vivo...
- Inhibition of human leukemia in an animal model with human antibodies directed against vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2. Correlation between antibody affinity and biological activityZ Zhu
Department of Antibody Technology, ImClone Systems Incorporated, New York, NY 10014, USA
Leukemia 17:604-11. 2003..It further underscores the efforts to identify antibodies of high affinity for enhanced antiangiogenic and antitumor activities...
- VEGF(121) and VEGF(165) regulate blood vessel diameter through vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in an in vitro angiogenesis modelMartin N Nakatsu
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Lab Invest 83:1873-85. 2003..We conclude that the diameter of new capillary sprouts can be determined by the local concentration of VEGF and that the action of VEGF on angiogenic EC in this assay is critically dependent on signaling through VEGFR-2...
- Anti-PlGF inhibits growth of VEGF(R)-inhibitor-resistant tumors without affecting healthy vesselsChristian Fischer
Department for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, VIB, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Cell 131:463-75. 2007..The efficacy and safety of alphaPlGF, its pleiotropic and complementary mechanism to VEGF(R)Is, and the negligible induction of an angiogenic rescue program suggest that alphaPlGF may constitute a novel approach for cancer treatment...
- Reduced number of circulating endothelial progenitor cells predicts future cardiovascular events: proof of concept for the clinical importance of endogenous vascular repairCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Molecular Cardiology, Department of Medicine III, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 111:2981-7. 2005..Circulating EPCs may thus provide an endogenous repair mechanism to counteract ongoing risk factor-induced endothelial injury and to replace dysfunctional endothelium...
- Angiogenesis is associated with blood-brain barrier permeability in temporal lobe epilepsyValerie Rigau
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR5203, Universite Montpellier 1, Universite Montpellier 2, F34094 Montpellier, France
Brain 130:1942-56. 2007..We suggest that the persistent leakage of serum IgG in the interstitial space and their uptake by neurons may participate in hypoperfusion and in neuronal dysfunction occurring in TLE...
- Neuropilin-1 in regulation of VEGF-induced activation of p38MAPK and endothelial cell organizationHarukiyo Kawamura
Rudbeck Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala, University, Uppsala, Sweden
Blood 112:3638-49. 2008..Our data strongly indicate that the ability of VEGF ligands to bind NRP1 influences p38MAPK activation, and formation of functional, pericyte-associated vessels...
- Rapid analysis of angiogenesis drugs in a live fluorescent zebrafish assayLaura M Cross
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:911-2. 2003
- VEGF regulates the mobilization of VEGFR2/KDR from an intracellular endothelial storage compartmentAlexandra Gampel
Mammalian Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
Blood 108:2624-31. 2006....
- Fasudil-induced hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha degradation disrupts a hypoxia-driven vascular endothelial growth factor autocrine mechanism in endothelial cellsKeiko Takata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1551-61. 2008..In summary, the Rho/ROCK/HIF-1alpha signaling is an essential mechanism for hypoxia-driven, VEGF-mediated autocrine loop in ECs. Therefore, fasudil might have the antimigratory effect against ECs in tumor angiogenesis...
- Neuropilin-1 regulates attachment in human endothelial cells independently of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2Matilde Murga
Experimental Transplantation and Immunology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 105:1992-9. 2005..Based on its dual role as an enhancer of VEGF activity and a mediator of endothelial cell adhesiveness described here, NRP-1 emerges as a promising molecular target for the development of antiangiogenic drugs...
- Wnt signaling promotes hematoendothelial cell development from human embryonic stem cellsPetter S Woll
Stem Cell Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Translational Research Facility, 2001 6th St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 111:122-31. 2008..These studies effectively demonstrate the importance of canonical Wnt signaling to mediate development of early hematoendothelial progenitors during human development...
- The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor Flt-1 (VEGFR-1) modulates Flk-1 (VEGFR-2) signaling during blood vessel formationDavid M Roberts
Program in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1531-5. 2004....
- IQGAP1, a novel vascular endothelial growth factor receptor binding protein, is involved in reactive oxygen species--dependent endothelial migration and proliferationMinako Yamaoka-Tojo
Division of Cardiology Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Circ Res 95:276-83. 2004....
- Neuropilin-1 binds to VEGF121 and regulates endothelial cell migration and sproutingQi Pan
Department of Tumor Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24049-56. 2007..VEGFR2 complex. Additionally, we show that VEGFR2 enhances VEGF(165), but not VEGF(121) binding to NRP1. We propose a new model for NRP1 interactions with various VEGF isoforms...
- Gene expression profile signatures indicate a role for Wnt signaling in endothelial commitment from embryonic stem cellsHong Wang
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Circ Res 98:1331-9. 2006..These data indicate a requisite and ongoing role for Wnt activity during vascular development, and the gene expression profiles identify candidate components of this pathway that participate in vascular cell differentiation...
- Substitution of C-terminus of VEGFR-2 with VEGFR-1 promotes VEGFR-1 activation and endothelial cell proliferationRosana D Meyer
Departments of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Boston University, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Oncogene 23:5523-31. 2004..Thus, the carboxyl tail of VEGFR-1 restrains the ligand-dependent kinase activation and downregulation of VEGFR-1 and its ability to convey the angiogenic responses in endothelial cells...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2-mediated angiogenesis is essential for gonadotropin-dependent follicle developmentRalf C Zimmermann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 112:659-69. 2003..We conclude that the intraovarian VEGF/VEGFR-2 pathway is critical for gonadotropin-dependent angiogenesis and follicular development...
- Hypoxia-induced mitogenic factor has proangiogenic and proinflammatory effects in the lung via VEGF and VEGF receptor-2Kazuyo Yamaji-Kegan
Department of Anesthesiology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L1159-68. 2006..Intravenous injection of HIMF also downregulated the expression of VEGFR2 in the lung. These results suggest that HIMF plays critical roles in pulmonary inflammation as well as angiogenesis...
- p38 MAPK inhibition is critically involved in VEGFR-2-mediated endothelial cell survivalAli Yilmaz
Department of Internal Medicine II Cardiology, Ulm University Medical Center, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306:730-6. 2003..These data indicate that activation of VEGFR-2 prevents endothelial cell apoptosis by inhibiting p38 MAPK phosphorylation and thus, reducing caspase-3 activity...
- Regulation of Notch1 and Dll4 by vascular endothelial growth factor in arterial endothelial cells: implications for modulating arteriogenesis and angiogenesisZhao Jun Liu
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:14-25. 2003..This study provides the first evidence for regulation of Notch/Delta gene expression by an angiogenic growth factor and insight into the critical role of Notch signaling in arteriogenesis and angiogenesis...
- Microultrasound molecular imaging of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in a mouse model of tumor angiogenesisJoshua J Rychak
VisualSonics, Inc, Toronto, ON
Mol Imaging 6:289-96. 2007..A xenograft tumor model in the mouse was used to image vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR-2) expression with microbubbles conjugated to an anti-VEGFR-2 monoclonal antibody or an ..
- Polymorphisms of KDR gene are associated with coronary heart diseaseYibo Wang
Key Laboratory for Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics, Ministry of Education, China
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:760-7. 2007..Our purpose was to determine whether the common polymorphisms (SNP-604, SNP1192, and SNP1719) in KDR are associated with risk of coronary heart disease...
- Activated VEGFR2/KDR pathway in tumour cells and tumour associated vessels of colorectal cancerA Giatromanolaki
Tumor and Angiogenesis Research Group, Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Eur J Clin Invest 37:878-86. 2007..The study of the activation status of VEGF receptors in human malignancies has recently become feasible by means of specific monoclonal antibodies recognising the phosphorylated form of these receptors...
- p38 MAPK activity is stimulated by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 activation and is essential for shear stress-induced angiogenesisEric Gee
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, Muscle Health Research Centre, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 222:120-6. 2010..We hypothesize that shear stress-dependent activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) causes p38 and ERK1/2 phosphorylation, which contribute to shear stress-induced ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 are related closely to the prognosis of patients with ovarian carcinomaNaoyo Nishida
Department of Pathology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Research Center of Innovative Cancer Therapy of the 21st Century COE Program for Medical Science, Asahi machi, Japan
Cancer 101:1364-74. 2004..However, the prognostic significance of VEGF and VEGFR expression in ovarian carcinoma is unclear...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-Receptor2: its biological functions, major signaling pathway, and specific ligand VEGF-EMasabumi Shibuya
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Endothelium 13:63-9. 2006....
- Rapid vascular regrowth in tumors after reversal of VEGF inhibitionMichael R Mancuso
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Department of Anatomy, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143 0452, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2610-21. 2006....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-A is a survival factor for retinal neurons and a critical neuroprotectant during the adaptive response to ischemic injuryKazuaki Nishijima
R and D Consultants, Barnet, Herts, UK
Am J Pathol 171:53-67. 2007..These findings have implications for both neural pathologies and ocular vascular diseases, such as diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration...
- Vascular permeability factor/vascular endothelial growth factor induces lymphangiogenesis as well as angiogenesisJanice A Nagy
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Exp Med 196:1497-506. 2002..These findings raise the possibility that similar, abnormal lymphatics develop in other pathologies in which VEGF-A is overexpressed, e.g., malignant tumors and chronic inflammation...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 expression in non-tumorous cirrhotic liver is higher when hepatoma is beyond Milan criteriaFederico Aucejo
Liver Transplantation, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Liver Transpl 15:169-76. 2009..Further investigation is needed to assess the value of angiogenesis modulation in preventing tumor formation and/or progression in cirrhotic patients...
- Angiogenic factors are elevated in overweight and obese individualsJ V Silha
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:1308-14. 2005..Adipose tissue produces both vascular growth factors and inhibitors. Since obesity is associated with expansion of the capillary bed in regional adipose depots the balance between these factors may favor angiogenesis...
- Corneal verticillata after dual anti-epidermal growth factor receptor and anti-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 therapy (vandetanib) for anaplastic astrocytomaSteven Yeh
National Eye Institute and daggerNational Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cornea 28:699-702. 2009..To describe a patient with a history of epithelial basement membrane dystrophy who developed symptomatic corneal verticillata after vandetanib therapy for anaplastic astrocytoma...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 plays a role in the activation of aortic endothelial cells by oxidized phospholipidsAlejandro Zimman
Departments of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:332-8. 2007..The present studies identify vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) as a major regulator in the activation of SREBP and Erk 1/2 in endothelial cells ..
- Endogenous VEGF is required for visual function: evidence for a survival role on müller cells and photoreceptorsMagali Saint-Geniez
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3554. 2008....
- Identification of a novel vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 inhibitor and its effect for choroidal neovascularization in vivoHidenori Takahashi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Eye Res 33:1002-10. 2008..To select a novel orally administered VEGFR-2 (KDR/flk-1) specific tyrosine kinase inhibitor in a murine model of choroidal neovascularization (CNV)...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 are specific biomarkers in triple-negative breast cancer. Results from a controlled randomized trial with long-term follow-upLisa Rydén
Department of Surgery, Institution of Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:491-8. 2010..epidermal receptor growth factor (EGFR), vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A), and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2)...
- Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid inhibits prostate tumor growth by suppressing vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2-mediated angiogenesisXiufeng Pang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences and School of Life Sciences, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
Cancer Res 69:5893-900. 2009..Our findings suggest that AKBA potently inhibits human prostate tumor growth through inhibition of angiogenesis induced by VEGFR2 signaling pathways...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in the central nervous system in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAlice Brockington
Academic Neurology Unit and the Academic Unit of Pathology, University of Sheffield, Medical School, Sheffield, U K
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:26-36. 2006....
- Circulating endothelial progenitor cells correlate to stage in patients with invasive breast cancerRakhi P Naik
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:133-8. 2008..01). These results suggest that circulating EPCs may serve as a potential tumor biomarker in breast cancer and that EPCs may represent a plausible target for future therapeutic intervention...
- Autocrine VEGF-A/KDR loop protects epithelial ovarian carcinoma cells from anoikisIfat Sher
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Int J Cancer 124:553-61. 2009..Our results imply that treating EOC patients with VEGF blocking agents may potentially reduce peritoneal dissemination by decreasing vascular permeability as well as inducing apoptosis of shed ovarian cancer cells in ascites...
- Expression and significance of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in bladder cancerGuangbin Xia
Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, California, USA
J Urol 175:1245-52. 2006..Therefore, we studied the expression of VEGF and VEGFR2 in bladder cancer, and the relationship to disease characteristics...
- Regulatory role of dynamin-2 in VEGFR-2/KDR-mediated endothelial signalingResham Bhattacharya
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
FASEB J 19:1692-4. 2005..Taken together, our findings suggest that dynamin-2 regulates KDR expression and function and hence plays an important role in VPF/VEGF mediated angiogenesis...
- Vascular normalization by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 blockade induces a pressure gradient across the vasculature and improves drug penetration in tumorsRicky T Tong
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 64:3731-6. 2004..Thus, vascular normalization may contribute to the improved survival rates in tumor-bearing animals and in colorectal carcinoma patients treated with an anti-VEGF antibody in combination with cytotoxic therapies...
- VEGF-dependent plasticity of fenestrated capillaries in the normal adult microvasculatureTomomi Kamba
Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Dept of Anatomy, Univ of California, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H560-76. 2006..Our findings of VEGF dependency of normal fenestrated capillaries and rapid regrowth after regression demonstrate the plasticity of the adult microvasculature...
- Rationale for antiangiogenic cancer therapy with vaccination using epitope peptides derived from human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2Satoshi Wada
Department of Surgery and Bioengineering, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 65:4939-46. 2005..tumor angiogenesis can also be inhibited if cellular immune response could be induced against vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2), which is one of the key factors in tumor angiogenesis...
- Relationship between retention of a vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2)-targeted ultrasonographic contrast agent and the level of VEGFR2 expression in an in vivo breast cancer modelDebbie J Lee
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Ultrasound Med 27:855-66. 2008The aim of this study was to characterize the relationship between retention of a vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2)-targeted ultrasonographic contrast agent (UCA) and VEGFR2 expression in tumor vasculature of breast ..
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation in angiogenic and quiescent adult tissuesNathalie Lambeng
INSERM, CEA, Université J Fourier EMI 02 19, Laboratoire de Développement et Vieillissement de l Endothélium, Grenoble, France
Circ Res 96:384-91. 2005..Physical association between Flk1, Src, and VE-cadherin may thus provide an efficient mechanism for amplification and perpetuation of VEGF-stimulated angiogenic processes...
- VEGF receptor signal transductionXiujuan Li
Uppsala University, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala, Sweden
Methods Enzymol 443:261-84. 2008..We emphasize the need for validation of in vitro data in more complex models, where endothelial cells reside in their proper three-dimensional context...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent down-regulation of Flk-1/KDR involves Cbl-mediated ubiquitination. Consequences on nitric oxide production from endothelial cellsMartine Duval
Laboratory of Endothelial Cell Biology, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:20091-7. 2003..Cbl thus plays a role in the regulation of VEGF signaling by mediating the stimulated ubiquitination and, consequently, degradation of Flk-1 in endothelial cells...
- Decursin and decursinol angelate inhibit VEGF-induced angiogenesis via suppression of the VEGFR-2-signaling pathwayMyung Hwan Jung
Department of Natural Sciences, School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Carcinogenesis 30:655-61. 2009..Taken together, these results demonstrate that decursin and decursinol angelate are novel candidates for inhibition of VEGF-induced angiogenesis...
- Intrinsic versus microenvironmental regulation of lymphatic endothelial cell phenotype and functionTanja Veikkola
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
FASEB J 17:2006-13. 2003..Collectively, these data show intrinsic cell-specific differences of BEC and LEC responses to VEGFs and identify a pericellular regulatory mechanism for VEGFR-3 down-regulation in endothelial cells...
- Signal transduction via vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors and their roles in atherogenesisTaro Matsumoto
Division of Cell Regeneration and Transplantation, Advanced Medical Research Center, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 13:130-5. 2006..These phosphorylation sites may be useful targets for the development of anti-angiogenic therapies to treat atherosclerosis and cancer...
- Blocking neuropilin-2 function inhibits tumor cell metastasisMaresa Caunt
Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 13:331-42. 2008..Our results demonstrate that Nrp2, which was originally identified as an axon-guidance receptor, is an attractive target for modulating metastasis...
- Dimerization of VEGF receptors and implications for signal transduction: a computational studyFeilim Mac Gabhann
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Biophys Chem 128:125-39. 2007..These results have significant implications for VEGF signal transduction and interpretation of experimental studies. These results may be applicable to other ligand-receptor pairs, in particular PDGF...
- Gambogic acid inhibits angiogenesis and prostate tumor growth by suppressing vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 signalingTingfang Yi
Center for Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Institute for Bioscience and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 68:1843-50. 2008..Furthermore, we showed that GA inhibited the activations of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 and its downstream protein kinases, such as c-Src, focal adhesion kinase, and AKT...
- Minimal contribution of marrow-derived endothelial precursors to tumor vasculatureBruno Larrivee
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Immunol 175:2890-9. 2005..Furthermore, we show that VEGF-A stimulation of hemopoietic cells does not significantly alter this process...
- Precancerous stem cells can serve as tumor vasculogenic progenitorsRulong Shen
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1652. 2008..Our studies indicate that pCSCs can serve as tumor vasculogenic stem/progenitor cells (TVPCs), and may explain why anti-angiogenic cancer therapy trials are facing challenge...
- HoxB5 is an upstream transcriptional switch for differentiation of the vascular endothelium from precursor cellsYaxu Wu
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:5680-91. 2003..HoxB5 is necessary and sufficient to activate the cell-intrinsic events that regulate the differentiation of angioblasts and mature endothelial cells from their mesoderm-derived precursors...
- Wnt2 acts as a cell type-specific, autocrine growth factor in rat hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cells cross-stimulating the VEGF pathwayDiana Klein
Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Allergology, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Hepatology 47:1018-31. 2008..Inhibition of Wnt signaling down-regulated VEGFR-2 messenger RNA and protein. Wnt2 siRNA knock-down confirmed Wnt2 specificity of VEGFR-2 regulation in HSECs...
- Inhibition of VEGFR-3 activation with the antagonistic antibody more potently suppresses lymph node and distant metastases than inactivation of VEGFR-2Nicole Roberts
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer Res 66:2650-7. 2006....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptor, Flk-1/KDR, are cytoprotective in the extravascular compartment of the ovarian follicleJames Greenaway
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Endocrinology 145:2896-905. 2004..The results of this study demonstrate for the first time expression of Flk-1/KDR in ovarian granulosa cells and identify a novel extravascular role for VEGF and its receptor in ovarian function...
- Vascular and haematopoietic stem cells: novel targets for anti-angiogenesis therapy?Shahin Rafii
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cornell University Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, Room D601, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:826-35. 2002
- Vascular density and distribution of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptor VEGFR-2 (Flk-1) are significantly higher in patients with deeply infiltrating endometriosis affecting the rectumDaniel Escorsim Machado
Department of Histology and Embryology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Fertil Steril 90:148-55. 2008....
- Role of VEGF family members and receptors in coronary vessel formationRobert J Tomanek
Department of Anatomy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Dev Dyn 225:233-40. 2002..In summary, these experiments document a role for multiple members of the VEGF family and their receptors in formation of the coronary vascular bed...
- Phosphorylated KDR can be located in the nucleus of neoplastic cellsCristina Blazquez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular I, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Ciudad Universitaria, Madrid 28040, Espania, Spain
Cell Res 16:93-8. 2006..We conclude that neoplastic cells show a variable expression of total and phosphorylated KDR in the nucleus. The precise functional meaning of nuclear location remains to be established...
- Generalised reduction of putative endothelial progenitors and CXCR4-positive peripheral blood cells in type 2 diabetesC G Egan
Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena, Via A Moro, 53100, Siena, Italy
Diabetologia 51:1296-305. 2008..Since expression of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 (CXCR4) has been associated with mobilisation and recruitment of progenitor cells, CXCR4 expression was also analysed...
- VEGF-D is the strongest angiogenic and lymphangiogenic effector among VEGFs delivered into skeletal muscle via adenovirusesTuomas T Rissanen
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Circ Res 92:1098-106. 2003..This study compares, for the first time, angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis induced by gene transfer of different human VEGFs, and shows that VEGF-D is the most potent member when delivered via an adenoviral vector into skeletal muscle...
- Sirolimus for Kaposi's sarcoma in renal-transplant recipientsGiovanni Stallone
Division of Nephrology, Department of Emergency and Transplantation, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
N Engl J Med 352:1317-23. 2005..Recipients of organ transplants are susceptible to Kaposi's sarcoma as a result of treatment with immunosuppressive drugs. Sirolimus (rapamycin), an immunosuppressive drug, may also have antitumor effects...
- Development of angiogenesis inhibitors to vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2. Current status and future perspectiveKeren Paz
Department of Antibody Technology, ImClone Systems Incorporated, New York, NY 10014, USA
Front Biosci 10:1415-39. 2005..The attempts to develop effective KDR antagonists, including small molecules, antibodies and others, for therapeutic purposes are discussed comprehensively with special emphasis on tumor angiogenesis...
- Cochlear pericyte responses to acoustic trauma and the involvement of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and vascular endothelial growth factorXiaorui Shi
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Hearing Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA Institute of Microcirculation, Chinese Academy of MedicalSciences CAMS and Peking Union Medical College PUMC, 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing, 100005, China
Am J Pathol 174:1692-704. 2009..HIF-1alpha activation and VEGF up-regulation are important factors for the alteration of the pericyte structural protein desmin...
- Enhancement of vascular progenitor potential by protein kinase A through dual induction of Flk-1 and Neuropilin-1Kohei Yamamizu
Laboratory of Stem Cell Differentiation, Stem Cell Research Center, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 114:3707-16. 2009..This new-mode mechanism regulating "progenitor sensitivity" would provide a novel understanding in vascular development and regeneration...
- VEGF-A promotes tissue repair-associated lymphatic vessel formation via VEGFR-2 and the alpha1beta1 and alpha2beta1 integrinsYoung Kwon Hong
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
FASEB J 18:1111-3. 2004....
- A comparative study of gene vaccines encoding different extracellular domains of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in the mouse model of colon adenocarcinoma CT-26Jian Dong
Biotherapy Center, First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Cancer Biol Ther 7:502-9. 2008..To compare the immunogenicity and anti-tumor effects of gene vaccines encoding domains 1-4 with full length of extracellular region of VEGFR2...
- REGULATION OF VEGF EXPRESSION IN PLACENTA AND MEMBRANESCECILIA CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from these studies will promote understanding of amniotic fluid volume regulation, and provide important information for diagnosis and management of amniotic fluid disorders in human pregnancy. ..
- Evaluating Novel Multi-kinase Peptide Inhibitors as a Treatment for Rheumatoid ArDAVID MEN HWEI TSAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..AX-3) that inhibits the tyrosine kinase activity of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2), and insulin receptor (IR)...
- Nitric Oxide in Tumor Angiogenesis, Microcirculation and Radiation TherapyDai Fukumura; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recent results show that blockade of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) transiently improves perivascular cell coverage, tissue oxygenation and response to ..
- Functional characterization of a novel adult renal progenitor cell populationTROY D CAMARATA; Fiscal Year: 2011..This new information will aid in the development of novel therapies for acute and chronic forms of kidney disease and will provide critical information to the fields of renal biology as well as organ regeneration. ..
- Role of Syntaxin 6 Regulated Post-Golgi Trafficking in AngiogenesisAmit Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2012..By studying and understanding the trafficking of angiogenesis-regulatory molecules, we may identify a novel target for therapy. ..
- Activation and Signaling Mechanism of the RET Tyrosine Kinase ReceptorJENNIFER MARIE CHOW; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) The mechanisms and impact of crosstalk between RET and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) will be explored, to establish at what levels in RET signaling crosstalk occurs and ..
- Engineering Stem Cell Niches to Guide DifferentiationDANIELLE A TSOU; Fiscal Year: 2011..The hematopoietic differentiation pathways in the murine system have been established, and a specific ESC line will allow simultaneous monitoring of mesoderm and hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Pericyte-endothelial cross talk in vascular stability after kidney injurySTUART JAMES SHANKLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..New studies have identified pericyte to endothelial signaling via Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Receptor 2 (VEGFR2) as a central pathway in regulating pericyte detachment and kidney disease progression...
- Molecular Ultrasound for Early Breast Cancer DetectionJUERGEN KARL WILLMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on successful study results, we anticipate rapid translation of this technique into the clinic to improve patient survival and patient care by diagnosing breast cancer at an earlier stage. ..
- Molecular insights into the pathogenesis of Sorsby Fundus DystrophyJian Hua Qi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Undoubtedly, this would provide novel insights into the pathogenesis of SFD and ARMD that share similar disease phenotype, and thereby establish a potential therapeutic target for these ocular diseases. ..
- New Strategies for Photoimmunodetection/therapyMARK DAVID SAVELLANO; Fiscal Year: 2010..These receptors are ideal targets for PID/PIT since they are often overexpressed and/or overactivated in many cancers, especially aggressive high-risk breast cancers. ..
- KDR--A NOVEL FUNCTIONAL HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELL MARKERCesare Peschle; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, Flk1 in mouse and KDR in men) is a key functional marker in embyronic ..
- VEGF PROTECTS AGAINST PULMONARY VASCULAR REMODELINGRubin Tuder; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Effect of HIV Tat on endothelial cell functionLance Terada; Fiscal Year: 2007..The broad objectives of this grant are to further define the nature and significance of Tat dependent oxidant signaling through Hic-5 and EG-1 in endothelial cells. ..
- EFFECTS OF STATINS ON PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONReda Girgis; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will allow the candidate to develop into a well-trained independent researcher in PH. ..
- Ethanol, Tat and the Blood-brain barrierKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2004..e., nitric oxide and signaling pathways. The information derived from this proposal should enhance our understanding of the role of ethanol in HIV-1 neuropthogenesis. ..
- PROTEIN SCAFFOLDS FOR DESIGN OF NOVEL ANTICANCER AGENTSBrent Kreider; Fiscal Year: 2000..The identification of alternate scaffolds of defined and highly constrained structure for selection of antibody mimics will also be useful for small molecule drug design. ..
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Assessing Circulating Progenitor Cells in Heart DiseaseThomas Povsic; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will look at two methods of measuring these stem cells in the blood of heart patients. These methods may someday be used to predict who will or will not develop heart disease or other complications. ..
- Role of Protein Ubiquitination in AngiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of molecules that inhibit the angiogenic signaling of VEGFR-2 will provide new avenues for development of better and more effective agents to combat angiogenesis-associated diseases. ..
- VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in angiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once we determine the mechanism by which VEGF receptors are engaged it will be possible to attenuate the angiogenic signal transduction relay by developing targeted therapeutic interventions aimed at angiogenesis suppression ..
- Anti-angiogenic signaling molecules in retinal cellsNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2004..our long-term goal is to begin to apply the information obtained from this project to the design of strategies to regulate angiogenesis in clinical settings. ..
- Targeted Delivery of Anthrax InhibitorsMarina Backer; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase II we will develop LFn-liposomes with combination of LF and EF inhibitors, validate these liposomes in animal models of anthrax infection, and pre-clinical steps required for IND filing. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in MechanotransductionZheng Gen Jin; Fiscal Year: 2009..In a proteomic search for potential mediators of eNOS activation, we identified vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) as being involved in laminar flow-induced eNOS activation...
- VEGF and Nitric Oxide in Lung Vascular DevelopmentVivek Balasubramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, Dr. Balasubramaniam will continue to work with Dr. Charles Plopper (UC Davis) to learn more sophisticated techniques of morphometric analysis. ..
- Role of BMDCs in Solid Tumor Growth and RelapseRakesh K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our results will offer strategies for the inhibition of tumor relapse after radiotherapy by targeting molecular pathways that are critical for both angiogenesis and myeloid BMDC recruitment. ..
- Fra-1: A new target for a genomic breast cancer vaccineRalph Reisfeld; Fiscal Year: 2009..This allows for this vaccine to go full circle in evaluation from bench to bedside and back for further improvement. ..
- Targeting GRP78/BIP As An Adjunct Therapy For EGFR-positive Breast CancerMarina Backer; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect that this data establish feasibility of clinical development for EGF-SLiP. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrative Biology of Tumor MetastasisRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we have the resources and the clinical collaborators in place to initiate a clinical trial based on our findings, as attested by our ongoing trial using a VEGF-specific antibody. ..
- Therapy of thrombocytopenic disorders by chemokinesShahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2007..being evaluated in phase I clinical trials, would provide the platform for assessing the role of these agents in amelioration and rapid restoration of thrombocytopenia Induced by chemotherapy and irradiation [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHRONIC LUNG INJURY AFTER PREMATURE BIRTHRichard Bland; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CHEMOKINE RECEPTORS AND ITP AND HIV THROMBOCYTOPEShahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2002..Modulation of chemokine receptors expression by adenoviral vectors overexpressing SDF1, ECDF1 or their receptors may allow for developing therapies to ameliorate thrombocytopenia in vivo. ..
- TGF BETA AND BRAIN TUMORSJeremy Rich; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NOVEL STRATEGIES FOR THE IMMUNOTHERAPY OF COLON CANCERRalph Reisfeld; Fiscal Year: 2003..The achievement of this proposal's objectives should lead to the design of effective DNA vaccines based on rational immunological principles that may ultimately lead to the improved treatment of colon cancer. ..
- The Roles of Osteonectin and Osteoactivin in GliomasJeremy Rich; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Validate osteonectin and osteoactivin as potential therapeutic targets in glioma invasion. It is hoped that these studies will provide the basis of novel therapeutic interventions for patients with malignant gliomas. ..
- Anti-Angiogenesis/Drugs in Tumors--Bench /Bedside & BackRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2005..Attendance at this conference will provide an excellent opportunity for young investigators working on cancer to educate and familiarize themselves with the field of angiogenesis and the complexities of the system. ..
- Vascular Heterogeneity Determination by Marrow Progenit*Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will lay the foundation for using BM-marrow derived cells for therapeutic cell therapy to enhance organ (i.e. lung, marrow) revascularization. ..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Conference on Angiogenesis in Cancer and Other DiseasesRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting's synthesis of available information will be particularly thought-provoking for students and post- doctoral fellows. ..
- VASCULOGENESIS IN THE MURINE ALLANTOISKAREN DOWNS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Further, results of our experiments will shed light on the mechanism of formation of the endothelial cell lineage. ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species and Endothelial MigrationMasuko Ushio Fukai; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial Akt in Vascular InjuryJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Three specific aims are proposed, which will study the role of endothelial Akt in models of vascular injury and atherosclerosis. ..
- Farnesyltransferase Inhibitor Therapy for MyelodysplasiaRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Phase II Trial of Tetrathiomolybdate in Prostate CancerDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..The levels of these growth factors/cytokines will then be correlated with the degree of copper depletion, PSA level and response to therapy. ..
- Human Endometrial Nitric Oxide: Regulation and FunctionOmid Khorram; Fiscal Year: 2003..This pilot study should shed light on regulation and function of human endometrial NO pathway, an uninvestigated area of research with profound clinical significance. ..
- RADIATION AND DRUG EFFECTS ON TUMOR CELL SUBPOPULATIONSDietmar Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ultimately we hope that these approaches can be reliably developed to an extent where the use of human tumor biopsy material may lead to radiotherapy treatments more tailored to the individual patient. ..
- In Vivo Potential of Human ES Cell-Derived Blood CellsDAN KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Integrins and bone matrix in prostate cancerTatiana Byzova; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting Vasculogenesis and Interstitial Hypertension in Neurofibromatosis Type1Ugur Ozerdem; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Coronary Vessel Assembly and GrowthRobert Tomanek; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since cardiac development depends on timely and adequate vascularization, an understanding of coronary vasculogenesis and angiogenesis will provide an important foundation for our understanding of cardiac defects. ..
- LIVER REGENERATION AS A MODEL FOR ANGIOGENESISDonna Stolz; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF FORMATION OF HEPATIC METASTASESJonathan Kruskal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will allow identification of a series of in vivo steps that can be used to explore novel diagnostic and therapeutic probes in animal studies. ..
- Atheroprotection with Anti-angiogenic DNA VaccinesRAMONA PETROVAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Achievement of this proposal's objectives should lead to the development of highly efficient anti-atherosclerotic therapies that will greatly improve future treatment choices for atherosclerosis. ..
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- Cyclic Follicle Function and AngiogenesisRalf Zimmermann; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LPS-PEPTIDE INTERACTION IN BLADDER INFLAMMATIONRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information generated by this study should elucidate whether bladder inflammatory responses, regardless of etiology, occur via a common mechanism or whether the endpoints are specific for each stimulus. ..