Genomes and Genes
vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1
Summary: A 180-kDa VEGF receptor found primarily in endothelial cells that is essential for vasculogenesis and vascular maintenance. It is also known as Flt-1 (fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-1). A soluble, alternatively spliced isoform of the receptor may serve as a binding protein that regulates the availability of various ligands for VEGF receptor binding and signal transduction.
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Excess placental soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1) may contribute to endothelial dysfunction, hypertension, and proteinuria in preeclampsiaSharon E Maynard
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 111:649-58. 2003..These observations suggest that excess circulating sFlt1 contributes to the pathogenesis of preeclampsia...
- Circulating angiogenic factors and the risk of preeclampsiaRichard J Levine
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 350:672-83. 2004..Limited data suggest that excess circulating soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt-1), which binds placental growth factor (PlGF) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), may have a pathogenic role...
- VEGFR1-positive haematopoietic bone marrow progenitors initiate the pre-metastatic nicheRosandra N Kaplan
Department of Pediatrics and the Children s Blood Foundation Laboratories, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 438:820-7. 2005..Here we demonstrate that bone marrow-derived haematopoietic progenitor cells that express vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR1; also known as Flt1) home to tumour-specific pre-metastatic sites and form cellular ..
- Soluble endoglin contributes to the pathogenesis of preeclampsiaShivalingappa Venkatesha
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Med 12:642-9. 2006..Our results suggest that sEng may act in concert with sFlt1 to induce severe preeclampsia...
- Role of the Flt-1 receptor tyrosine kinase in regulating the assembly of vascular endotheliumG H Fong
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nature 376:66-70. 1995..We suggest that the Flt-1 signalling pathway may regulate normal endothelial cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions during vascular development...
- Soluble endoglin and other circulating antiangiogenic factors in preeclampsiaRichard J Levine
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 355:992-1005. 2006..Since soluble endoglin, another antiangiogenic protein, acts together with sFlt1 to induce a severe preeclampsia-like syndrome in pregnant rats, we examined whether it is associated with preeclampsia in women...
- Flt-1 lacking the tyrosine kinase domain is sufficient for normal development and angiogenesis in miceS Hiratsuka
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9349-54. 1998..These results indicate that Flt-1 without tyrosine kinase domain is sufficient to allow embryonic development with normal angiogenesis, and that a receptor tyrosine kinase plays a main biological role as a ligand-binding molecule...
- Revascularization of ischemic tissues by PlGF treatment, and inhibition of tumor angiogenesis, arthritis and atherosclerosis by anti-Flt1Aernout Luttun
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 8:831-40. 2002..Thus, PlGF and Flt1 constitute potential candidates for therapeutic modulation of angiogenesis and inflammation...
- Heterozygous embryonic lethality induced by targeted inactivation of the VEGF geneN Ferrara
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 380:439-42. 1996..Angiogenesis and blood-island formation were impaired, resulting in several developmental anomalies. Furthermore, VEGF-null embryonic stem cells exhibit a dramatically reduced ability to form tumours in nude mice...
- Anti-flt1 peptide, a vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1-specific hexapeptide, inhibits tumor growth and metastasisDong Goo Bae
Department of Life Science, Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Postech Biotech Center, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 11:2651-61. 2005The purpose of this study was to develop antagonists specific for the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR1) and to investigate the effects of the antagonists on the VEGF-induced endothelial cell functions and tumor ..
- VEGF receptor protein-tyrosine kinases: structure and regulationRobert Roskoski
Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research, 3754 Brevard Road, Suite 116A, Box 19, Horse Shoe, NC 28742, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:287-91. 2008..Interaction between VEGFR1 and VEGFR2 or VEGFR2 and VEGFR3 alters receptor tyrosine phosphorylation...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor induces chemotaxis and proliferation of microglial cellsFrauke Forstreuter
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, Olshausenstrasse 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 132:93-8. 2002..These results show that microglial cells are targets for VEGF which induces migration and proliferation of these immunocompetent cells in the brain...
- Signal transduction by VEGF receptors in regulation of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesisMasabumi Shibuya
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Exp Cell Res 312:549-60. 2006..Mapping the signaling system of these important receptors may provide the knowledge necessary to suppress specific signaling pathways in major human diseases...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal cells is dependent on hypoxia-inducible factor 1Hiroaki Okuyama
Vascular Biology Program, Institute for Cell Engineeringe, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15554-63. 2006..Thus, loss-of-function and gain-of-function approaches demonstrated that HIF-1 activity is necessary and sufficient for basal and hypoxia-induced VEGFR1 expression in bone marrow-derived MSC...
- VEGF-dependent tumor angiogenesis requires inverse and reciprocal regulation of VEGFR1 and VEGFR2Z Zhang
Angiogenesis Research Laboratory, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Cell Death Differ 17:499-512. 2010..Collectively, this work demonstrates that VEGF-induced angiogenesis requires inverse regulation of VEGFR1 and VEGFR2 in tumor-associated endothelial cells...
- Angiogenic and astroglial responses to vascular endothelial growth factor administration in adult rat brainJ M Krum
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Neuroscience 110:589-604. 2002..From these results we suggest that administered VEGF has heretofore unanticipated pleiotrophic effects in the adult CNS...
- Expression and function of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 on human colorectal cancer cellsFan Fan
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Oncogene 24:2647-53. 2005....
- The vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR-1) supports growth and survival of human breast carcinomaYan Wu
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, ImClone Systems Incorporated, New York, New York 10014, USA
Int J Cancer 119:1519-29. 2006b>Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR-1) is present on endothelial cells and subsets of human tumor cells, raising the hypothesis that angiogenic factors may promote tumor growth both by inducing angiogenesis and directly ..
- Role of PlGF in the intra- and intermolecular cross talk between the VEGF receptors Flt1 and Flk1Monica Autiero
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KULeuven, Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
Nat Med 9:936-43. 2003....
- Urinary angiogenic factors cluster hypertensive disorders and identify women with severe preeclampsiaCatalin S Buhimschi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:734-41. 2005..We sought to identify whether similar alterations in urinary levels of these proteins cluster hypertensive disorders in pregnancy, and identify women with severe preeclampsia (sPE)...
- Plasma vascular endothelial growth factor, soluble VEGF receptor FLT-1, and von Willebrand factor in glaucomaP L Lip
Haemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 86:1299-302. 2002....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGF-B) binds to VEGF receptor-1 and regulates plasminogen activator activity in endothelial cellsB Olofsson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Box 240, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11709-14. 1998....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (VEGFR-1/Flt-1): a dual regulator for angiogenesisMasaubmi Shibuya
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Angiogenesis 9:225-30; discussion 231. 2006..VEGFR-1 including its soluble form is involved in a variety of human illnesses, making it an important target in the development of new strategies to suppress disease...
- Modulation of angiogenesis by a tetrameric tripeptide that antagonizes vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1Salvatore Ponticelli
Angiogenesis Laboratory and Stem Cell Fate Laboratory, Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:34250-9. 2008..This tetrameric tripeptide represents a new, promising compound for therapeutic approaches in pathologies where Flt-1 activation plays a crucial role...
- Semaphorin 3A-vascular endothelial growth factor-165 balance mediates migration and apoptosis of neural progenitor cells by the recruitment of shared receptorD Bagnard
, Neurobiologie Experimentale et Physiopathologie, , 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Neurosci 21:3332-41. 2001..These results indicate that the balance between guidance molecules and angiogenic factors can modulate the migration, apoptosis (or survival), and proliferation of neural progenitor cells through shared receptors...
- The interaction of neuropilin-1 with vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptor flt-1G Fuh
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26690-5. 2000..Furthermore, Flt-1 may function as a negative regulator of angiogenesis by competing for NP-1...
- Sequential changes in antiangiogenic factors in early pregnancy and risk of developing preeclampsiaSarosh Rana
Maternal Fetal Medicine Division, Women and Infants Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Hypertension 50:137-42. 2007..In conclusion, sequential changes in antiangiogenic factors during early pregnancy may be useful for predicting preterm preeclampsia...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 activation mediates epithelial to mesenchymal transition in human pancreatic carcinoma cellsAnthony D Yang
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1402, USA
Cancer Res 66:46-51. 2006..Given our previous finding of VEGFR-1-mediated tumor cell invasion and migration in pancreatic carcinoma cells, we hypothesize that VEGFR-1 plays a role in tumor progression in pancreatic cancer through the induction of EMT...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors 1, 2 and 3 in placentas from normal and complicated pregnanciesS Helske
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, PL 140, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Mol Hum Reprod 7:205-10. 2001..These results suggest that low maternal serum PlGF and increased placental expression of its receptor VEGFR-1 are associated with pre-eclampsia and FGR...
- A longitudinal study of angiogenic (placental growth factor) and anti-angiogenic (soluble endoglin and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1) factors in normal pregnancy and patients destined to develop preeclampsia and deliver a small forRoberto Romero
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:9-23. 2008....
- Structure and dual function of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (Flt-1)M Shibuya
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Shirokane-dai, Minato-ku, 108-8639, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 33:409-20. 2001..Furthermore, VEGFR-1 is involved in the VEGF-dependent migration and gene expression of monocyte/macrophages. Therefore, VEGFR-1 functions both in a positive and negative manner in different cellular systems and biological conditions...
- Cytotrophoblasts up-regulate soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 expression under reduced oxygen: an implication for the placental vascular development and the pathophysiology of preeclampsiaTakeshi Nagamatsu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Endocrinology 145:4838-45. 2004..The presented findings might provide a framework with which to understand the mechanism of uterine vascular remodeling and its perturbations as exemplified in preeclampsia...
- Uteroplacental ischemia results in proteinuric hypertension and elevated sFLT-1A Makris
Vascular Immunology Laboratory, Heart Research Institute and University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Kidney Int 71:977-84. 2007....
- Inhibition of tumor growth with antiangiogenic cancer vaccine using epitope peptides derived from human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1Hidenobu Ishizaki
Department of Surgery and Bioengineering, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:5841-9. 2006..In this study, we examined the possibility of developing antiangiogenic cancer vaccine targeting vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR1) overexpressed on endothelial cells of newly formed vessels in the tumor.
- Antiangiogenic and antitumor activities of peptide inhibiting the vascular endothelial growth factor binding to neuropilin-1Anna Starzec
Universite Paris 13, CNRS UMR 7033, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Clinique et Experimentale, 93000 Bobigny, France
Life Sci 79:2370-81. 2006....
- Soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (sFlt-1) is increased throughout gestation in patients who have preeclampsia developGareth C McKeeman
School of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute of Clinical Science, Queen s University Belfast, Mulhouse Building, Grosvenort Road, Belfast BT12 6BW, Ireland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1240-6. 2004....
- Soluble endoglin (sEng) joins the soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase (sFlt) receptor as a pre-eclampsia moleculeFriedrich C Luft
Franz Volhard Clinic, Medical Faculty of the Charite, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin Buch, Wiltberg Strasse 50, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3052-4. 2006
- Increased sFlt-1 to PlGF ratio in women who subsequently develop preeclampsiaShin Young Kim
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Kwandong University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:873-7. 2007..Accordingly, the sFlt-1/PlGF ratio may provide early prediction of subsequent development of preeclampsia...
- GM-CSF induces expression of soluble VEGF receptor-1 from human monocytes and inhibits angiogenesis in miceTim D Eubank
The Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Immunity 21:831-42. 2004..Thus, GM-CSF and monocytes play a vital role in angiogenesis through the regulation of VEGF and sVEGFR-1...
- Up-regulation of proproliferative genes and the ligand/receptor pair placental growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 in hepatitis C cirrhosisXiao X Huang
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, NSW, Australia
Liver Int 27:960-8. 2007..Cirrhosis can lead to hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Non-diseased liver and hepatitis C virus (HCV)-associated cirrhosis with or without HCC were compared...
- The splice variants of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and their receptorsC J Robinson
The Cancer Research Campaign Department of Drug Development and the CRC and University of Manchester Department of Medical Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
J Cell Sci 114:853-65. 2001..HSPGs have a wide variety of functions, such as the ability to partially restore lost function to damaged VEGF(165) and thereby prolonging its biological activity...
- Upregulation of urotensin II receptor in preeclampsia causes in vitro placental release of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 in hypoxiaPhillip S Gould
Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
Hypertension 56:172-8. 2010..The increase in levels of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1, an antiangiogenic agent known to inhibit placental vascularization, is an important cellular ..
- A recently evolved novel trophoblast-enriched secreted form of fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 variant is up-regulated in hypoxia and preeclampsiaChristie P Thomas
Department of Internal Medicine, of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2524-30. 2009..Recent published studies indicate a possible role for sFlt1 in the development of preeclampsia...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor inhibits angiogenesis via regulated intracellular proteolysis of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1Jun Cai
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, UK
J Biol Chem 281:3604-13. 2006..This confirms the importance of PEDF and VEGFR-1 in the negative regulation of angiogenesis...
- Plasma angiopoietin-1, angiopoietin-2 and Tie-2 in breast and prostate cancer: a comparison with VEGF and Flt-1G J Caine
Haemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Clin Invest 33:883-90. 2003..These growth factors include angiopoietin-1 (Ang-1), angiopoietin-2 (Ang-2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), which act through receptors Flt-1 and Tie-2...
- Two independent mechanisms essential for tumor angiogenesis: inhibition of human melanoma xenograft growth by interfering with either the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor pathway or the Tie-2 pathwayG Siemeister
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Tumor Biology Center, Frieburg, Germany
Cancer Res 59:3185-91. 1999..These findings suggest that the VEGF receptor pathway and the Tie-2 pathway have to be considered as two independent mediators essential for the process of in vivo angiogenesis...
- Overexpression of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 in colorectal cancer: Association with progression and prognosisTatsuro Yamaguchi
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo Metropolitan Cancer and Infectious Disease Center, Tokyo 113 8677, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:405-10. 2007..Furthermore, sVEGFR1 levels showed a significant prognostic value. Further studies concerning the biologic and therapeutic significance of sVEGFR1 in colorectal cancer are warranted...
- MMP9 induction by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 is involved in lung-specific metastasisSachie Hiratsuka
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Cancer Cell 2:289-300. 2002..Thus, a block of MMP9 induction via VEGFR-1 inhibition could be useful for the prevention of tumor metastasis in lung...
- VEGF-dependent plasticity of fenestrated capillaries in the normal adult microvasculatureTomomi Kamba
Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Dept of Anatomy, Univ of California, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H560-76. 2006..Our findings of VEGF dependency of normal fenestrated capillaries and rapid regrowth after regression demonstrate the plasticity of the adult microvasculature...
- Anti-vascular endothelial growth factor gene therapy attenuates lung injury and fibrosis in miceNaoki Hamada
Research Institute for Diseases of the Chest, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Immunol 175:1224-31. 2005..Furthermore, this method may be beneficial for treating lung injury and fibrosis from the viewpoint of clinical application, since it does not require the use of a viral vector or neutralizing Ab...
- The molecular basis of VEGFR-1 signal transduction pathways in primary human monocytesVadim Tchaikovski
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Maastricht, Cardiovascular Research Institute of Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:322-8. 2008..Little is known about intracellular signaling pathways mediating the biological functions triggered by VEGFR-1 in primary monocytes...
- Elevated placental soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 inhibits angiogenesis in preeclampsiaShakil Ahmad
Department of Reproductive and Vascular Biology, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands B15 2TG, UK
Circ Res 95:884-91. 2004..Our finding demonstrates the dysregulation of the VEGF/PlGF axis in preeclampsia and offers an entirely new therapeutic approach to its treatment...
- The VEGF receptor flt-1 (VEGFR-1) is a positive modulator of vascular sprout formation and branching morphogenesisJoseph B Kearney
Program in Genetics and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology, CB 3280, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Blood 103:4527-35. 2004..Thus precise levels of bioactive VEGF-A and perhaps spatial localization of the VEGF signal are likely modulated by flt-1 to ensure proper sprout formation during blood vessel formation...
- The role of vascular endothelial growth factor in angiogenesisN Ferrara
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, Calif 94080, USA
Acta Haematol 106:148-56. 2001..Substantial evidence also implicates VEGF in tumors and intraocular neovascular syndromes. Currently, several clinical trials are ongoing to test the hypothesis that inhibition of VEGF activity may be beneficial for these conditions...
- Role of placenta growth factor and its receptor flt-1 in rheumatoid inflammation: a link between angiogenesis and inflammationSeung Ah Yoo
Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Arthritis Rheum 60:345-54. 2009..To investigate the direct effects of placenta growth factor (PlGF) and its specific receptor, flt-1, which are known to mediate angiogenesis, on the inflammatory process of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Transduction of soluble Flt-1 gene to peritoneal mesothelial cells can effectively suppress peritoneal metastasis of gastric cancerAkihiro Sako
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 64:3624-8. 2004..p. injection of Ad-sFlt-1. Anti-angiogenic gene therapy targeted to PMCs could be a novel and practical strategy against peritoneal dissemination of gastric cancer, because it does not require tumor-specific gene transfer...
- VEGF-Trap: a VEGF blocker with potent antitumor effectsJocelyn Holash
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11393-8. 2002..VEGF-Trap-mediated blockade may be superior to that achieved by other agents, such as monoclonal antibodies targeted against the VEGF receptor...
- Mapping the theories of preeclampsia and the role of angiogenic factors: a systematic reviewMariana Widmer
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Obstet Gynecol 109:168-80. 2007..To evaluate claims that elevated soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 receptor (sFlt-1) and decreased placental growth factor predict preeclampsia...
- The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor Flt-1 (VEGFR-1) modulates Flk-1 (VEGFR-2) signaling during blood vessel formationDavid M Roberts
Program in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1531-5. 2004....
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors 1, 2, and 3 in quiescent endotheliaAntonella N Witmer
Ocular Angiogenesis Group, Department of Ophthalmology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Histochem Cytochem 50:767-77. 2002..One of these functions may be involvement of VEGF in paracrine relations between epithelia and adjacent capillaries...
- Extra-placental expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1, (Flt-1) and soluble Flt-1 (sFlt-1), by peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) in normotensive and preeclamptic pregnant womenA Rajakumar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Magee Womens Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Placenta 26:563-73. 2005..The present study indicates that Flt-1 dysregulation in PBMCs of pregnant women resulting in over-expression of sFlt-1 could be an additional (extra-placental) source of sFlt-1 that contributes to the pathogenesis of preeclampsia...
- Homeostatic modulation of cell surface KDR and Flt1 expression and expression of the vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF) receptor mRNAs by VEGFD Wang
Surgical Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0790, USA
J Biol Chem 275:15905-11. 2000....
- Vascular and haematopoietic stem cells: novel targets for anti-angiogenesis therapy?Shahin Rafii
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cornell University Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, Room D601, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:826-35. 2002
- The interaction of Neuropilin-1 and Neuropilin-2 with tyrosine-kinase receptors for VEGFGera Neufeld
Department of Biology, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, 32000, Israel
Adv Exp Med Biol 515:81-90. 2002..In contrast, it was recently reported by two laboratories that Neuropilins can form complexes with the second tyrosine-kinase receptor of VEGF, VEGFR1. However, the biological function of these complexes is still unclear...
- Novel splice variants of sFlt1 are upregulated in preeclampsiaM Heydarian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Placenta 30:250-5. 2009..These findings provide evidence that human placenta expresses a family of sFlt1 splice variants, at least three of which are expressed as proteins, and which appear to be globally upregulated in preeclampsia...
- Differential expression of VEGF isoforms in mouse during development and in the adultY S Ng
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School and Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Dev Dyn 220:112-21. 2001..Our results support the concept that different VEGF isoforms have distinct functions in vascular development...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor Flt-1 negatively regulates developmental blood vessel formation by modulating endothelial cell divisionJoseph B Kearney
Program in Genetics and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Blood 99:2397-407. 2002..Taken together, these data show that flt-1 normally modulates vascular growth by controlling the rate of endothelial cell division both in vitro and in vivo...
- Regulation of placental vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placenta growth factor (PIGF) and soluble Flt-1 by oxygen--a reviewA Ahmed
Department of Reproductive and Vascular Biology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Edgbaston, UK
Placenta 21:S16-24. 2000..Taken together these changes provide a molecular explanation for the observed poor angiogenesis in the pathogenesis of IUGR...
- Regulation of endothelial proliferation by the renin-angiotensin system in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsD Herr
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ulm University Medical Centre, Universitäts Frauenklinik Ulm, Prittwitzstrasse 43, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Reproduction 136:125-30. 2008..This is the first report of the RAS on the regulation of angiogenesis-associated genes in physiology...
- Flt-1, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1, is a novel cell surface marker for the lineage of monocyte-macrophages in humansA Sawano
Department of Genetics and Department of Clinical Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood 97:785-91. 2001Flt-1, also known as vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR-1), is a high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptor for VEGF and is expressed almost exclusively on vascular endothelial cells...
- Angiogenesis in systemic sclerosis: impaired expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 in endothelial progenitor-derived cells under hypoxic conditionsJ Avouac
Université Paris Descartes and Hôpital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, and INSERM U781, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:3550-61. 2008..To assess angiogenesis and explore the expression and regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), VEGF receptor 1 (VEGFR-1), and VEGFR-2, the leading mediators of angiogenesis, in SSc patients and controls...
- Hypoxia increases placenta growth factor expression in human myocardium and cultured neonatal rat cardiomyocytesRonald J Torry
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa 50311 4505, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 28:183-90. 2009..However, little is known regarding the regulation of PlGF expression in heart tissue...
- Comparative structure-function analysis of VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2: What have we learned from chimeric systems?Rosana D Meyer
Departments of Ophthalmology and Biochemistry, Boston University, School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 995:200-7. 2003..Second, activation of VEGFR-2 is associated with many endothelial cell functions, including cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation. Third, activation of PI3 kinase by VEGFR-2 regulates endothelial cell proliferation...
- Intronic polyadenylation signal sequences and alternate splicing generate human soluble Flt1 variants and regulate the abundance of soluble Flt1 in the placentaChristie P Thomas
Department of Internal Medicine and Graduate Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, E300 GH, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242 1081 USA
FASEB J 21:3885-95. 2007....
- Membrane fixation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 ligand-binding domain is important for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in miceSachie Hiratsuka
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:346-54. 2005..These results strongly suggest that the membrane-fixed ligand-binding region of VEGFR1 traps VEGF for the appropriate regulation of VEGF signaling in vascular endothelial cells during early embryogenesis...
- Plasma levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and its soluble receptor (SFlt-1) in essential hypertensionF M Belgore
University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 87:805-7, A9. 2001..This raises the possibility that abnormal angiogenesis may contribute to the pathogenesis of complications related to hypertension and merits exploration in larger studies...
- A novel human-specific soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1: cell-type-specific splicing and implications to vascular endothelial growth factor homeostasis and preeclampsiaShay Sela
Department of Molecular Biology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Circ Res 102:1566-74. 2008..Furthermore, the study uncovered the identity of a VEGF-blocking protein implicated in preeclampsia...
- Placental growth factor reconstitutes hematopoiesis by recruiting VEGFR1(+) stem cells from bone-marrow microenvironmentKoichi Hattori
Department of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Nat Med 8:841-9. 2002..Thus, PlGF promotes recruitment of VEGFR1(+) HSCs from a quiescent to a proliferative BM microenvironment, favoring differentiation, mobilization and reconstitution of hematopoiesis...
- VEGF and PlGF promote adult vasculogenesis by enhancing EPC recruitment and vessel formation at the site of tumor neovascularizationBin Li
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1161 21st Ave South, C2217 MCN, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
FASEB J 20:1495-7. 2006..Our data suggest local VEGF and/or PlGF expression promote vasculogenesis; VEGF plays a role in EPC recruitment and subsequent formation of functional vessels...
- The combination of epigallocatechin gallate and curcumin suppresses ER alpha-breast cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivoTiffany J Somers-Edgar
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Int J Cancer 122:1966-71. 2008..Therefore, these results demonstrate that the combination of EGCG and curcumin is efficacious in both in vitro and in vivo models of ER alpha-breast cancer and that regulation of VEGFR-1 may play a key role in this effect...
- The VEGF receptor Flt-1 spatially modulates Flk-1 signaling and blood vessel branchingNicholas C Kappas
Department of Biology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Cell Biol 181:847-58. 2008....
- [Predictive value of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 for preeclampsia in second-trimester]Qian Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Xiehe Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:161-4. 2007To evaluate the predictive value of plasma levels of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR-1, also known as sFlt-1) in second-trimester for preeclampsia.
- Localization of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptors VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in bovine placentomes from implantation until termC D Pfarrer
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Placenta 27:889-98. 2006....
- Angiogenesis-independent endothelial protection of liver: role of VEGFR-1Jennifer LeCouter
Departments of Molecular Oncology, Protein Engineering, and Pathology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Science 299:890-3. 2003..Thus, VEGFR-1 agonists may have therapeutic potential for preservation of organ function in certain liver disorders...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors flt and KDR in ovarian carcinomaC A Boocock
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Cambridge, Rosie Maternity Hospital, England
J Natl Cancer Inst 87:506-16. 1995..The known human receptors for VEGF, flt and KDR, are both cell surface tyrosine kinases and are expressed predominantly on endothelial cells. Acting through these receptors, VEGF may stimulate angiogenesis and promote tumor progression...
- An angiogenic switch in breast cancer involves estrogen and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1Michael Elkin
Cell Biology Section, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:875-8. 2004..Our data suggest that inhibition of soluble VEGFR-1 expression represents a novel mechanism--an estrogen-driven angiogenic switch--possibly responsible for breast carcinoma progression...
- Clinical impact of phosphorylated signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, epidermal growth factor receptor, p53, and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 expression in resected adenocarcinoma of lung by using tissue microarrayHyeong Su Kim
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University Medical Center, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer 116:676-85. 2010..The clinical significance of phosphorylated STAT3 (pSTAT3), EGFR, p53, and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR-1) expression in patients with completely resected lung adenocarcinoma was evaluated to ..
- Significance of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)/soluble VEGF receptor-1 relationship in breast cancerMasakazu Toi
Breast Unit, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 98:14-8. 2002..In conclusion, sVEGFR1, an intrinsic inhibitor of VEGF, frequently co-expressed with VEGF in primary breast cancer tissues. The intratumoral balance between sVEGFR1 and VEGF levels might be crucial for the progression of breast cancer...
- Serum vascular endothelial growth factor/soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 ratio is an independent prognostic marker in pancreatic cancerYu Ting Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pancreas 37:145-50. 2008..factors, including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), placental growth factor (PlGF), and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (sVEGFR-1), in predicting clinical outcome in patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Corneal avascularity is due to soluble VEGF receptor-1Balamurali K Ambati
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Georgia and Augusta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia 30907, USA
Nature 443:993-7. 2006....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor ligands and receptors that regulate human cytotrophoblast survival are dysregulated in severe preeclampsia and hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets syndromeYan Zhou
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0512, USA
Am J Pathol 160:1405-23. 2002..Together, the results of this study showed that VEGF family members regulate cytotrophoblast survival and that expression of a subset of family members is dysregulated in severe forms of preeclampsia...
- Activation of proteinase-activated receptor 2 stimulates soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 release via epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation in endothelial cellsBahjat Al-Ani
Department of Reproductive and Vascular Biology, Institute for Biomedical Research, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Hypertension 55:689-97. 2010....
- Placenta growth factor. Potentiation of vascular endothelial growth factor bioactivity, in vitro and in vivo, and high affinity binding to Flt-1 but not to Flk-1/KDRJ E Park
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Biol Chem 269:25646-54. 1994..Purified PIGF isoforms had little or no direct mitogenic or permeability-enhancing activity. However, they were able to significantly potentiate the action of low concentrations of VEGF in vitro and, more strikingly, in vivo...
- Transforming growth factor beta1 induction of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1: mechanism of pericyte-induced vascular survival in vivoShu Ching Shih
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School and Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:15859-64. 2003..These results implicate induction and activation of VEGFR-1 as critical targets to prevent vessel loss...
- Competitive ELISA-based screening of plant derivatives for the inhibition of VEGF family members interaction with vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1Salvatore Ponticelli
Angiogenesis Lab and Stem Cell Fate Lab, Istituto di Genetica e Biofisica Adriano Buzzati Traverso, CNR, Napoli, Italy
Planta Med 74:401-6. 2008..This activity seems be due to the presence of a combination of compounds acting synergistically...
- Direct evidence for endothelial vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 function in nitric oxide-mediated angiogenesisShakil Ahmad
Department of Reproductive and Vascular Biology, Institute for Biomedical Research, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Circ Res 99:715-22. 2006..These studies provide new sites of modulation in VEGF-mediated vascular morphogenesis and highlight new therapeutic targets for management of vascular diseases...
- Role of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 in basal adhesion formation and in carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum-enhanced adhesion formation after laparoscopic surgery in miceCarlos Roger Molinas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Fertil Steril 82:1149-53. 2004..To evaluate the role of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (VEGFR-1) in adhesion formation after laparoscopic surgery...
- A single-nucleotide polymorphism in a half-binding site creates p53 and estrogen receptor control of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1Daniel Menendez
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics MD3 01, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, 111 Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2590-600. 2007..Recently, we reported a C-->T single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (VEGFR-1/Flt1) promoter that merges human VEGF and p53 pathways...
- Vascular endothelial growth factors synthesized by human lung mast cells exert angiogenic effectsAikaterini Detoraki
Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Center for Basic and Clinical Immunology Research CISI, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:1142-9, 1149.e1-5. 2009..Angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis are critical for several allergic, inflammatory, and neoplastic disorders. Mast cells infiltrate the sites of inflammation and tumors...
- Circulating concentrations of sFlt1 (soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1) in fetal and maternal serum during pre-eclampsiaAnne Cathrine Staff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ulleval University Hospital, Kirkeveien 166, N 0450, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 122:33-9. 2005..We hypothesized that umbilical vein serum soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1) concentration was augmented in pre-eclampsia. We also explored a possible association between fetal and maternal concentrations of sFlt1...
- Coordinate expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (flt-1) and its ligand suggests a paracrine regulation of murine vascular developmentG Breier
Max Planck Institut fur Physiologische und Klinische Forschung, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Dev Dyn 204:228-39. 1995..The data are consistent with the hypothesis that VEGF and its receptors have an important function both in the differentiation of the endothelial lineage and in the neovascularization of developing organs, and act in a paracrine fashion...
- The Role of Vascular MR-Regulated Genes in Vascular Function and DiseaseIris Z Jaffe; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Complement Activation in Pregnancy and HypertensionJean F Regal; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Engineering the Brain Immune System for Tumor TherapyMaria G Castro; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Vascular Mechanisms in Pregnancy-Induced HypertensionRaouf A Khalil; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Angiogenic factors, abnormal placentation and adverse pregnancy outcomesSarosh Rana; Fiscal Year: 2013..The combined expertise of mentors and collaborators provide a unique opportunity for the applicant to achieve the goals of this project and to start a career as an independent investigator. ..
- Gutless Adenovirus Mediated Gene Therapy for GliomaMaria G Castro; Fiscal Year: 2011..Having met all previous milestones, we propose to file for FDA approval towards the end of this U01 proposal. ..
- The p110 alpha and delta isoforms of PI3 kinase in hematopoiesis and leukemiaKira Gritsman; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal will use mouse knockout models to examine whether the p110 and p110 subunits of PI3 kinase are important for normal HSC function and are feasible targets for leukemia therapy. ..
- Modeling preeclampsia in mice with inducible placenta-specific gene expressionNihar R Nayak; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Stat5b in Lymphomagenesis: Mechanistic and Therapeutic ImplicationsJohn A Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2012..These experiments have the potential to advance the therapeutic approaches in lymphoma and other malignancies. ..
- Plerixafor/G-CSF with Sorafenib for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia with FLT3-ITD MutaMICHAEL W ANDREEFF; Fiscal Year: 2012..CXCR4 inhibitor AMD3100, G-CSF and Sorafenib will be administered sequentially to patients with advanced myeloid leukemia. ..
- Role of Shp2 in FLT3-ITD-Induced LeukemogenesisReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results from these studies are expected to identify new therapeutic targets for treating AML. ..
- Modulation of liver fibrosis resolution by dendritic cellsCostica Aloman; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies should uncover new pathways to accelerate fibrosis regression, leading to innovative treatments for patients with advanced fibrosis. ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction in the Pathogenesis of Sickle Cell NephropathyKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Hypertensive Mechanisms in PreeclampsiaERIC MATTHEW GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2013..In order to test these hypotheses, a number of in vitro and in vivo approaches will be used. ..
- Improved Therapies for AML in the ElderlySARAH C NABINGER; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our laboratory has outlined studies to examine what induces the blood cells to become malignant with the long term goal of developing less toxic and curative drugs for this disease. ..
- Dissociating hypoxia from pathology in preeclampsia and*Stacy Zamudio; Fiscal Year: 2007..The hypothesis tested is that the soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (sFlt-1), an anti-angiogenic soluble receptor produced in excess where placental hypoxia is ..
- Cytokines for Immune Protection from Acute IrradiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2005..The secondary endpoint is immune reconstitution. Upon study completion, we will have identified the optimal cytokine treatment and the highest dose of TBI that can be reliably survived without HSC support. ..
- Pulmonary Vascular Tree Development, Growth & RemodlingRobb Glenny; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings will fill important gaps in our knowledge of pulmonary vascular development and triggers of remodeling. ..
- VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR IN LUNG ISCHEMIAPatrice Becker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Role of Host Dendritic Cells in Heart Transplant VasculopathyZhiliang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe the data from the proposal will lead to better understanding of the pathogenesis and therapy of graft chronic rejection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Glioma regression using gutless adenoviral vectorsGWENDALYN KING; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tumor regression observed in animals treated with TK/Flt3L is hypothesized to occur by activation of innate and adaptive branches of the immune system. ..
- Anti-angiogenic signaling molecules in retinal cellsNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2004..our long-term goal is to begin to apply the information obtained from this project to the design of strategies to regulate angiogenesis in clinical settings. ..
- VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in angiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once we determine the mechanism by which VEGF receptors are engaged it will be possible to attenuate the angiogenic signal transduction relay by developing targeted therapeutic interventions aimed at angiogenesis suppression ..
- Role of Protein Ubiquitination in AngiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of molecules that inhibit the angiogenic signaling of VEGFR-2 will provide new avenues for development of better and more effective agents to combat angiogenesis-associated diseases. ..
- Targeting Placental Pathophysiology in IUGR and PreeclampsiaSeth Guller; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, we feel that despite modifications to the original research plan, our application provides an exciting and novel framework for elucidating pathways of placental damage in IUGR and PE. ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF THE ALPHA SUBUNIT OF ENACChristie Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term objectives are to understand the regulation and function of ENaC in transepithelial Na+ transport. ..
- Sgk1 in Na+ transport in fetal lung epitheliaChristie Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of myometrial healing and regenerationCatalin Buhimschi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Enhancement of Dendritic Cells After Burn InjuryTracy Toliver Kinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will determine rf enhancement of dendritic cells after severe bums can increase resistance to bum wound infection, and will determine the contribution of dendritic cells to specific immune functions. ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- Angiogenesis-related gene products in preeclampsiaS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2008..These focused studies will form the beginnings of a framework for understanding the role of angiogenesis-related gene products in pathogenesis of PE and for exploring novel avenues for the treatment of PE. ..
- Role of VEGF in Glomerular Endothelial Health & DiseasesS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- COAGULATION ACTIVATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- DISORDERED BLOOD COAGULATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., is the "hypercoagulability" observed in patients with SCD a primary cause of the vasoocclusion or is it simply a secondary event that is observed in this clinical setting. ..
- ROLE OF TGF BETA 1 IN RENAL CANCERS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2004..New methodologies the applicant will learn include RNA gel shifts, RNase protection assays, UV crosslinking, mutagenesis, mutation analysis, animal work and immunohistochemistry. ..
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Placental Gene Expression Profile in PreeclampsiaS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- ABNORMAL PRESSURE NATRIURESIS IN HYPERTENSIONJoey Granger; Fiscal Year: 2009..a decrease in renal medullary production of 20 HETE 3) To test the hypothesis that abnormalities in renal medullary endothelin production and/or ETB receptor function mediate the hypertension in Dahl salt-sensitive rats ..
- Renal Microcirculatory and Tubular DynamicsJoey Granger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Hormonal Regulation of Roles of CSF-1 in ReproductionJeffrey Pollard; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELL SUBPOPULATIONS IN THE PRIMATE CORPUS LUTEUMRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2001..Overall, the proposed research may have relevance to an understanding of certain ovarian disorders such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and luteal phase defects where microvasculature growth may be disrupted. ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF SYNSORB PK IN E COLI RELATED HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The outcome of this trial may justify the use of SYNSORB PK as a safe therapy to ameliorate D+HUS. ..
- Conference Proposal: Transplantation ImmunologyAngus Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2004..An important goal will be evaluation of future research directions, as well as critical appraisal of contemporary "cutting edge" research. ..
- Angiogenesis:Novel Basic Science Insight & Human TherapyNapoleone Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOGENIC THERAPY FOR INFARCTED AND ISCHEMIC HEARTRobert Tomanek; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such interventions have a number of advantages over more invasive interventions, e.g., the delivery of oxogenous growth factors or gene therapy. ..
- Regulation of Angiogenesis via EphB4 SignalingJENA STEINLE; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results from both mesenteric and retinal endothelial cells will greatly increase our understanding of Eph B4 receptor regulation of the various stages of angiogenesis. ..
- CHEMOKINE RECEPTORS AND ITP AND HIV THROMBOCYTOPEShahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2002..Modulation of chemokine receptors expression by adenoviral vectors overexpressing SDF1, ECDF1 or their receptors may allow for developing therapies to ameliorate thrombocytopenia in vivo. ..
- Urothelial Cell Physiology in Normal and Disease StatesRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2005..Scott-Hultgren (Washington U) will discuss the molecular basis of persistent bladder infections. The bladder cancer discussion will be chaired by Drs. Robert Hurst (Oklahoma U) and Jenny Southgate (U. York). ..
- MEDIATORS OF BLOOD-RETINAL BARRIER BREAKDOWNSTANLEY VINORES; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Sources and Mechanisms of Soluble VEGFR, sFlt Expression in PreeclampsiaAugustine Rajakumar; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor in Hematopoiesis in CancerMikhail Dikov; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The Biology and Function of BMP-7 in the KidneyRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2007..The physiological role of BMP-7 in kidney health and pathology will be established. These studies will directly benefit the development of this molecule in the clinic as a drug for patients with kidney fibrosis. ..
- Matrix Microenvironment and Liver FibrosisRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, this application is well poised to identify a unique mechanism of liver fibrosis and also study a therapeutic agent, which works against this mechanism and inhibits progression of liver disease. ..
- International Network and Registry for TMAHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include essential hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, myocardial infarction, and chronic kidney disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Targets in Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaRichard Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will be highly interactive within the Consortium and provide gene expression data for the scientific community at large. ..
- LPS-PEPTIDE INTERACTION IN BLADDER INFLAMMATIONRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information generated by this study should elucidate whether bladder inflammatory responses, regardless of etiology, occur via a common mechanism or whether the endpoints are specific for each stimulus. ..
- Activation of eNOS by Steroid HormonesJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2006....