Genomes and Genes
platelet derived growth factor beta receptor
Summary: A PDGF receptor that binds specifically to the PDGF-B chain. It contains a protein-tyrosine kinase activity that is involved in SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION.
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Platelet-derived growth factor-B gene delivery sustains gingival fibroblast signal transductionZ Lin
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Periodontal Res 43:440-9. 2008..This study sought to evaluate the effect of gene transfer by Ad-PDGF-B on human gingival fibroblasts (HGFs) and the subsequent regulation of genes and cell-surface proteins associated with cellular signaling...
- Pericyte loss and microaneurysm formation in PDGF-B-deficient miceP Lindahl
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Goteborg, Medicinaregatan 9A, S 413 90 Göteborg, Sweden
Science 277:242-5. 1997..Pericytes may contribute to the mechanical stability of the capillary wall. Comparisons made between PDGF null mouse phenotypes suggest a general role for PDGFs in the development of myofibroblasts...
- The PDGF family: four gene products form five dimeric isoformsLinda Fredriksson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Box 240, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 15:197-204. 2004..The discovery of two additional ligands for the two PDGF receptors suggests that PDGF-mediated cellular signaling is more complex than previously thought...
- Lack of pericytes leads to endothelial hyperplasia and abnormal vascular morphogenesisM Hellstrom
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Cell Biol 153:543-53. 2001....
- Abnormal kidney development and hematological disorders in PDGF beta-receptor mutant miceP Soriano
Program in Molecular Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Genes Dev 8:1888-96. 1994..These results indicate that whereas the beta receptor is essential in certain cell types during embryonic development, its broader role may be masked because of compensation by the alpha-subunit...
- Paracrine PDGF-B/PDGF-Rbeta signaling controls mesangial cell development in kidney glomeruliP Lindahl
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, PO Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Development 125:3313-22. 1998....
- Role of PDGF-B and PDGFR-beta in recruitment of vascular smooth muscle cells and pericytes during embryonic blood vessel formation in the mouseM Hellstrom
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Development 126:3047-55. 1999..Subsequent angiogenic sprouting and vessel enlargement involves PDGF-B-dependent vSMC/PC progenitor co-migration and proliferation, and/or PDGF-B-independent new induction of vSMC/PC, depending on tissue context...
- Dominant-negative soluble PDGF-beta receptor inhibits hepatic stellate cell activation and attenuates liver fibrosisErawan Borkham-Kamphorst
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, RWTH University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Lab Invest 84:766-77. 2004....
- Potent and selective inhibitors of platelet-derived growth factor receptor phosphorylation. 1. Synthesis, structure-activity relationship, and biological effects of a new class of quinazoline derivativesKenji Matsuno
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Company, Ltd, Shimotogari 1188, Nagaizumi cho, Sunto gun, Shizuoka 411 8731, Japan
J Med Chem 45:3057-66. 2002....
- Regulation of PDGF and its receptors in fibrotic diseasesJames C Bonner
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 15:255-73. 2004..This review summarizes the literature on the role of PDGF and its receptors in the development of fibrosis in a variety of organ systems, including lung, liver, kidney, and skin...
- Analysis of mural cell recruitment to tumor vesselsAlexandra Abramsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Circulation 105:112-7. 2002..A limited support of mural cells may contribute to these abnormalities. Here, we characterized mural cell recruitment in 2 mouse tumor models and addressed the question of why tumor vessels fail to recruit a proper coat of mural cells...
- Autocrine PDGFR signaling promotes mammary cancer metastasisMartin Jechlinger
Research Institute for Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Invest 116:1561-70. 2006..Thus, autocrine PDGFR signaling plays an essential role during cancer progression, suggesting a novel application of STI571 to therapeutically interfere with metastasis...
- Combined inhibition of VEGF and PDGF signaling enforces tumor vessel regression by interfering with pericyte-mediated endothelial cell survival mechanismsRalf Erber
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Faculty of the University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
FASEB J 18:338-40. 2004....
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta promotes early endothelial cell differentiationCharlotte Rolny
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Dag Hammarskjoldsv 20, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Blood 108:1877-86. 2006..Moreover, enhanced vascular remodeling was evident in the Rosa26-PDGF-BB yolk sacs. We conclude that PDGFR-beta is expressed on early hemangioprecursor cells, regulating vascular/hematopoietic development...
- Expression of endothelial PDGF receptors alpha and beta in breast cancer: up-regulation of endothelial PDGF receptor betaT Vrekoussis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital and Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Oncol Rep 17:1115-9. 2007..05). No statistical difference was revealed by studying PDGFRalpha expression. In conclusion, our findings support the thesis of possible anti-PDGFRbeta anti-angiogenic therapy, in cases of endothelial PDGFRbeta-expressing breast cancer...
- Gene expression-based screening for inhibitors of PDGFR signalingAlena A Antipova
Cancer Program, Broad Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University, Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Genome Biol 9:R47. 2008....
- Treatment with Imatinib in NSCLC is associated with decrease of phosphorylated PDGFR-beta and VEGF expression, decrease in interstitial fluid pressure and improvement of oxygenationG Vlahovic
Duke University Medical Center, P O Box 3335, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Br J Cancer 95:1013-9. 2006..Importantly, this is the first study demonstrating that Imatinib treatment improves tumour oxygenation and downregulates tumour VEGF expression...
- Oncogenic derivatives of platelet-derived growth factor receptorsA V Jones
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury, United Kingdom
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:2912-23. 2004..PDGFR signalling is inhibited by imatinib mesylate, and this compound has clear clinical activity in patients with myeloid malignancies, GIST and DFSP...
- Identification of a putative Syp substrate, the PDGF beta receptorR A Klinghoffer
National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Division of Basic Sciences, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 270:22208-17. 1995....
- Endothelial and nonendothelial sources of PDGF-B regulate pericyte recruitment and influence vascular pattern formation in tumorsAlexandra Abramsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Sahlgrenska Academy at Göteberg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Invest 112:1142-51. 2003..Our data support the notion that pericytes serve an important function in tumor vessels and highlight PDGF-B and PDGF-Rbeta as promising molecular targets for therapeutic intervention...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor can signal through platelet-derived growth factor receptorsStephen G Ball
UK Centre for Tissue Engineering and 2Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, England, UK
J Cell Biol 177:489-500. 2007..This mechanism was also shown to mediate human dermal fibroblast (HDF) migration. VEGF-A/PDGFR signaling has the potential to regulate vascular cell recruitment and proliferation during tissue regeneration and disease...
- LRP: role in vascular wall integrity and protection from atherosclerosisPhilippe Boucher
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9046, USA
Science 300:329-32. 2003..Thus, LRP1 has a pivotal role in protecting vascular wall integrity and preventing atherosclerosis by controlling PDGFR activation...
- PDGF-C and -D induced proliferation/migration of human RPE is abolished by inflammatory cytokinesRong Li
National Institutes of Health, National Eye Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2510, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:5722-32. 2007..The present study investigated human RPE cell proliferation and migration mediated by platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and inflammatory cytokines...
- Requirement of Nck adaptors for actin dynamics and cell migration stimulated by platelet-derived growth factor BG M Rivera
Raymond and Beverly Sackler Laboratory of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology and Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9536-41. 2006..These results suggest that Nck adaptors play an essential role in linking the activated PDGFbetaR with actin dynamics through a pathway that involves p130(Cas)...
- PDGFRbeta+ perivascular progenitor cells in tumours regulate pericyte differentiation and vascular survivalSteven Song
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:870-9. 2005....
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha is a key determinant of smooth muscle alpha-actin filaments in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsStephen G Ball
UK Centre for Tissue Engineering, Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:379-91. 2007..This study thus provides new insights into the distinct roles of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha and -beta signaling in regulating the adult mesenchymal stem cell contractile cytoskeleton...
- Molecular and biochemical analyses of platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) B, PDGFRA, and KIT receptors in chordomasElena Tamborini
Experimental Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:6920-8. 2006..This article describes the results of comprehensive molecular/biochemical analyses of the three receptors targeted by the drug (PDGFRB, PDGFRA, and KIT) in a series of 31 chordoma patients...
- Grb7 is a downstream signaling component of platelet-derived growth factor alpha- and beta-receptorsK Yokote
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, S 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 271:30942-9. 1996..Thus, Grb7 is implicated in PDGF signaling pathways in certain cell types by binding to the receptor directly or indirectly via Shc...
- Platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor regulates interstitial fluid homeostasis through phosphatidylinositol-3' kinase signalingR Heuchel
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Box 595, Biomedical Center, S 75124 Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11410-5. 1999..Taken together, these observations suggest a function for PDGF signaling through PI3K in interstitial fluid homeostasis by modulating the tension between cells and extracellular matrix structures...
- Imatinib mesylate in chordomaPaolo G Casali
Adult Sarcoma Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Cancer Medicine, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer 101:2086-97. 2004..To the authors' knowledge, no effective medical therapy currently is available for advanced chordoma. Imatinib mesylate is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta (PDGFRB), BCR-ABL, and KIT...
- A gain of function mutation in the activation loop of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor deregulates its kinase activityFederica Chiara
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Box 595, Uppsala S 751 24, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:42516-27. 2004..Our findings support a model whereby an activating point mutation results in a deregulated PDGFRbeta with oncogenic predisposition...
- Differential roles of PDGFR-alpha and PDGFR-beta in angiogenesis and vessel stabilityJunhang Zhang
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 23:153-63. 2009..A combination of PDGF-AB and FGF-2 would be optimal proangiogenic agents for the treatment of ischemic diseases...
- Isolation of bone marrow stromal cell-derived smooth muscle cells by a human SM22alpha promoter: in vitro differentiation of putative smooth muscle progenitor cells of bone marrowYuji Kashiwakura
Department of Cardiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Circulation 107:2078-81. 2003..However, there have been few studies closely following the cell development of smooth muscle lineage among BMSCs...
- Gab1 contributes to cytoskeletal reorganization and chemotaxis in response to platelet-derived growth factorAnders Kallin
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:17897-904. 2004..In conclusion, Gab1 plays a selective role in the regulation of the mitogen-activated protein kinases Erk and p38 downstream of the PDGF beta-receptor, and contributes to cytoskeletal reorganization and chemotaxis in response to PDGF...
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor expression and amplification in choroid plexus carcinomasNina N Nupponen
Molecular Cancer Biology Program, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Mod Pathol 21:265-70. 2008....
- Endothelial/pericyte interactionsAnnika Armulik
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Circ Res 97:512-23. 2005..We finally highlight recent important data contributing to the understanding of the role of pericytes in tumor angiogenesis, diabetic retinopathy, and hereditary lymphedema...
- Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor receptors reduces interstitial hypertension and increases transcapillary transport in tumorsK Pietras
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala, Sweden
Cancer Res 61:2929-34. 2001..The data suggest interference with PDGF receptors, or their ligands, as a novel strategy to increase drug uptake and therapeutic effectiveness of cancer chemotherapy...
- Platelet-derived growth factor C (PDGF-C), a novel growth factor that binds to PDGF alpha and beta receptorD G Gilbertson
ZymoGenetics Inc, Seattle, Washington 98102, USA
J Biol Chem 276:27406-14. 2001..Together, these studies describe a third member of the PDGF family (PDGF-C) as a potent mitogen for cells of mesenchymal origin in in vitro and in vivo systems with a binding pattern similar to PDGF-AB...
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor inhibition and chemotherapy for castration-resistant prostate cancer with bone metastasesPaul Mathew
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:5816-24. 2007....
- A stroma targeted therapy enhances castration effects in a transplantable rat prostate cancer modelAnna Johansson
Department of Medical Bioscience, Pathology, Umea University, Sweden
Prostate 67:1664-76. 2007..We therefore used animal tumor models to explore the importance of stroma and vascular effects, and if castration effects could be enhanced by a simultaneous therapy targeting the tumor stroma...
- Basis of hematopoietic defects in platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-B and PDGF beta-receptor null miceW E Kaminski
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Blood 97:1990-8. 2001..The chimera models in this study will serve as valuable tools to test the role of PDGF in inflammatory and immune responses. (Blood. 2001;97:1990-1998)..
- Inhibitory effect of soluble PDGF-beta receptor in culture-activated hepatic stellate cellsErawan Borkham-Kamphorst
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, RWTH University Hospital, Aachen D 52074, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:451-62. 2004..In summary, sPDGFRbeta clearly shows effective inhibitory properties in early HSC activation, suggesting potential therapeutic impact for anti-PDGF intervention in liver fibrogenesis...
- Additive effects of PDGF receptor beta signaling pathways in vascular smooth muscle cell developmentMichelle D Tallquist
Program in Developmental Biology and Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS Biol 1:E52. 2003..The combined in vivo and biochemical data suggest that the summation of pathways associated with the PDGFRbeta signal transduction determines the expansion of developing v/p cells...
- Bidirectional signaling links the Abelson kinases to the platelet-derived growth factor receptorRina Plattner
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2573-83. 2004..These data show that, although both kinases are activated and form complexes with proteins in the PDGFR signaling pathway, only c-Abl functions downstream of PLC-gamma1 to mediate chemotaxis...
- Effects of ribozyme targeting platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta subunit gene on the proliferation and apoptosis of hepatic stellate cells in vitroYue Xiang Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200003, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:982-8. 2005..This study investigated the cleavage activity of hammerhead ribozyme targeting PDGFR-beta mRNA in HSC and the effect on biological characteristics of HSC...
- Differential interaction of CrkII adaptor protein with platelet-derived growth factor alpha- and beta-receptors is determined by its internal tyrosine phosphorylationT Matsumoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba University School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 0856, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 270:28-33. 2000..The differential binding of CrkII to the PDGF alpha- and beta- receptors may be a rationale for functional diversity between the two receptors...
- Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor receptorbeta by imatinib mesylate suppresses proliferation and alters differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells in vitroF Fierro
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Cell Prolif 40:355-66. 2007..Recent data show that Imatinib mesylate (IM) also affects haematopoietic stem cells (HSC), T lymphocytes and dendritic cells that do not harbour constitutively active tyrosine kinases...
- A new link between the c-Abl tyrosine kinase and phosphoinositide signalling through PLC-gamma1Rina Plattner
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology Duke University Medical Center Durham, NC 27710, USA
Nat Cell Biol 5:309-19. 2003..After activation, c-Abl phosphorylates PLC-gamma1 and negatively modulates its function in vivo. These findings uncover a newly discovered functional interdependence between non-receptor Tyr kinase and lipid signalling pathways...
- The preferential homing of a platelet derived growth factor receptor-recognizing macromolecule to fibroblast-like cells in fibrotic tissueLeonie Beljaars
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Delivery, University Centre for Pharmacy, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Ant Deusinglaan 1, AV Groningen 9713, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 66:1307-17. 2003..These results indicate that pPB-HSA may be applied as a macromolecular drug-carrier that accumulates specifically in cells expressing the PDGF-beta receptor, thus allowing a selective delivery of anti-fibrotic agents to these cells...
- Selective Na+/H+ exchange inhibition by cariporide reduces liver fibrosis in the ratAntonio Di Sario
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Ancona, Italy
Hepatology 37:256-66. 2003..Similar effects were observed in bile duct-ligated (BDL) rats. In conclusion, selective inhibition of the Na(+)/H(+) exchanger by cariporide may represent an effective therapeutic strategy in the treatment of hepatic fibrosis...
- Insight into the physiological functions of PDGF through genetic studies in miceChrister Betsholtz
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Goteborg, P O Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 15:215-28. 2004..The present review summarizes these findings and discusses their implications for mammalian development and disease...
- Retention of PDGFR-beta function in mice in the absence of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase and phospholipase Cgamma signaling pathwaysM D Tallquist
Program in Developmental Biology and Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genes Dev 14:3179-90. 2000..Our observations indicate that although loss of these pathways can lead to attenuated PDGF-dependent cellular function, certain PDGFR-beta-induced signal cascades are not essential for survival in mice...
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptors direct vascular development independent of vascular smooth muscle cell functionWendy J French
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines, Dallas, TX, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5646-57. 2008..Together, these data demonstrate that PDGF receptors cooperate in the yolk sac mesothelium to direct blood vessel maturation and suggest that these effects are independent of their role in VSMC development...
- A potential role for PDGF-C in experimental and clinical proliferative vitreoretinopathyHetian Lei
The Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:2335-42. 2007..In addition, we examined which PDGF isoforms were present in the vitreous of patients with PVR, to assess the relevance of the rabbit model to the clinical setting...
- The two PDGF receptors maintain conserved signaling in vivo despite divergent embryological functionsR A Klinghoffer
Program in Developmental Biology and Division, Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mol Cell 7:343-54. 2001..This observation provides a framework for discussing the evolution of receptor tyrosine kinase functional specificity...
- Platelet-derived growth factor production by B16 melanoma cells leads to increased pericyte abundance in tumors and an associated increase in tumor growth rateMasao Furuhashi
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala Branch, Uppsala, Sweden
Cancer Res 64:2725-33. 2004..Our findings thus demonstrate that paracrine PDGF production stimulates pericyte recruitment to tumor vessels and suggest that pericyte abundance influences tumor cell apoptosis and tumor growth...
- In vivo efficacy of STI571 in xenografted human small cell lung cancer alone or combined with chemotherapyDidier Decaudin
Department of Clinical Hematology, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 113:849-56. 2005..Moreover, a significant increase of chemotherapy-induced growth inhibition was obtained by concomitant administration of STI571 that should be carefully investigated in SCLC patients...
- PDGF BB induces VEGF secretion in ovarian cancerDaniela Matei
Department of Medicine, Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1951-9. 2007..The effects of imatinib on VEGF secretion in tumor cells may affect the tumor microenvironment in a manner detrimental to tumor progression...
- RhoB regulates PDGFR-beta trafficking and signaling in vascular smooth muscle cellsMinzhou Huang
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, 100 E Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood PA 19096
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2597-605. 2007..This study was performed to determine whether RhoB plays a critical role in trafficking and signaling by the platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta (PDGFR-beta) in vascular smooth muscle cells...
- c-Src is involved in regulating signal transmission from PDGFbeta receptor-GPCR(s) complexes in mammalian cellsCatherine M Waters
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor St, Glasgow G4 ONR, UK
Cell Signal 17:263-77. 2005..These findings provide important information concerning the molecular organisation of novel receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK)-GPCR signal relays in mammalian cells...
- Expression of PDGF and their receptors in human retinal pigment epithelial cells and fibroblasts: regulation by TGF-betaChandrasekharam N Nagineni
Laboratory of Immunololgy, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Cell Physiol 203:35-43. 2005..These studies indicate that the promotion of the proliferation and migration of mesenchymal cells by RPE cell derived PDGF may facilitate the formation of fibrovascular tissues associated with PVR...
- Single variable domain antibody as a versatile building block for the construction of IgG-like bispecific antibodiesJuqun Shen
Department of Antibody Technology, Department of Cell Engineering and Expression, ImClone Systems Incorporation, 180 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014, USA
J Immunol Methods 318:65-74. 2007..This format of BsAb should be readily applicable to the production of other BsAb recognizing any pairs of antigens...
- Expression of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor in prostate cancer and treatment implications with tyrosine kinase inhibitorsMatthias D Hofer
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neoplasia 6:503-12. 2004..2-fold downregulation). Taken together, this study suggests that only a small subset of PCas may be amenable to tyrosine kinase inhibitors specific for PDGFR...
- Platelet-derived growth factor expression and function in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionFrederic Perros
Centre National de Référence de l Hypertension Artérielle Pulmonaire, Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation Respiratoire, Institut Paris Sud Cytokines, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Universite Paris Sud 11, UPRES EA 2705, Clamart, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:81-8. 2008....
- PDGF- and insulin/IGF-1-specific distinct modes of class IA PI 3-kinase activation in normal rat retinas and RGC-5 retinal ganglion cellsSwarajit K Biswas
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3687-98. 2008..To compare PDGF- and insulin/IGF-1-induced class I(A) PI 3-kinase/Akt survival signaling in normal retinas and retinal ganglion cells (RGCs)...
- PDGF receptor beta is a potent regulator of mesenchymal stromal cell functionAyano Tokunaga
Department of Pathology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 23:1519-28. 2008..The effects of PDGFRalpha on the osteogenic differentiation were very subtle. PDGFRbeta could represent an important target for guided tissue regeneration or tissue engineering of bone...
- Activation of the platelet-derived growth factor-receptor enhances survival of murine bone endothelial cellsRobert R Langley
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 64:3727-30. 2004..The therapeutic combination of STI571 and Taxol may be a powerful tool for targeting tumor-associated endothelial cells in the skeletal compartment...
- Functional properties of hyalocytes under PDGF-rich conditionsYoshihiro Noda
Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2107-14. 2004..To investigate the functional properties and intracellular signaling of hyalocytes under platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-rich conditions...
- A synthetic, bioactive PDGF mimetic with binding to both alpha-PDGF and beta-PDGF receptorsXinhua Lin
BioSurface Engineering Technologies Inc, 9430 Key West Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Growth Factors 25:87-93. 2007..In these cell-based assays, PAB2-1c was effective at 1 microg/ml or lesser. The results support the hypothesis that PBA2-1c is a mimetic of PDGF, although it has a more promiscuous receptor interaction...
- Immunohistochemical and mutational analysis of PDGF and PDGFR in desmoid tumours: is there a role for tyrosine kinase inhibitors in c-kit-negative desmoid tumours?B Liegl
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Histopathology 49:576-81. 2006..Therapy with Imatinib has been proposed as a therapeutic option, although in most reports desmoid tumours are reported to be c-kit-...
- The role of platelet-derived growth factor signaling in healing myocardial infarctsPawel Zymek
Section of Cardiovascular Sciences, The DeBakey Heart Center, Baylor College of Medicine, and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2315-23. 2006..This study sought to examine the role of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) signaling in healing myocardial infarcts...
- PDGF signaling specificity is mediated through multiple immediate early genesJennifer Schmahl
Program in Developmental Biology and Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Nat Genet 39:52-60. 2007..We conclude that these genes form a network that controls specific processes downstream of PDGF signaling...
- Immunohistochemical detection of insulin-like growth factors, platelet-derived growth factor, and their receptors in ameloblastic tumorsH Kumamoto
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medicine and Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 36:198-206. 2007....
- Osteoblast-conditioned medium promotes proliferation and sensitizes breast cancer cells to imatinib treatmentMarina Brama
Department of Medical Physiopathology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:61-72. 2007..The enhanced sensitivity of OCM-treated breast cancer cells to imatinib would justify investigation on the efficacy of imatinib in bone breast cancer metastasis...
- Selective tyrosine kinase inhibition by imatinib mesylate for the treatment of autoimmune arthritisRicardo T Paniagua
Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2633-42. 2006..Imatinib-mediated inhibition of a spectrum of signal transduction pathways and the downstream pathogenic cellular responses may provide a powerful approach to treat RA and other inflammatory diseases...
- Chondroitin sulfate A chains enhance platelet derived growth factor-mediated signalling in fibrosarcoma cellsE Fthenou
Department of Histology, Division of Morphology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, 71110 Heraklion, Greece
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:2141-50. 2006..This result introduces a new modulating role for chondroitin sulfate in signalling pathways critical for cancer growth...
- Kit and PDGFR-alpha activities are necessary for Notch4/Int3-induced tumorigenesisA Raafat
Oncogenetics Section, Mammary Biology and Tumorigenesis Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 26:662-72. 2007..Our data demonstrate an inhibitory effect of Gleevec on Int3-induced transformation of HC11 cells and mammary tumors and indicate an oncogenic role for c-Kit and PDGFR-alpha tyrosine kinases in the context of Int3 signaling...
- Imatinib mesylate inhibits cell invasion of malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor induced by platelet-derived growth factor-BBMikiko Aoki
Department of Pathology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Lab Invest 87:767-79. 2007..The results provide the ground for further assessment of the therapeutic potential of imatinib in suppressing the invasion and growth of MPNST...
- Clinical and molecular studies of the effect of imatinib on advanced aggressive fibromatosis (desmoid tumor)Michael C Heinrich
Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute and Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1195-203. 2006..To determine the clinical efficacy of imatinib in patients with advanced aggressive fibromatosis (AF) and to identify the molecular basis of response/nonresponse to this agent...
- STI571 (Gleevec) improves tumor growth delay and survival in irradiated mouse models of glioblastomaLing Geng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 5671, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:263-71. 2006..In the present study, the effectiveness of STI571 in combination with radiation was studied in mouse models of GBM...
- Identification of a subset of pericytes that respond to combination therapy targeting PDGF and VEGF signalingYoko Hasumi
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Cancer 121:2606-14. 2007....
- Expression patterns of PDGF-A, -B, -C and -D and the PDGF-receptors alpha and beta in activated rat hepatic stellate cells (HSC)Katja Breitkopf
Department of Medicine II, Mol Alcohol Research in Gastroenterology, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Cytokine 31:349-57. 2005..Given the dramatic changes in PDGF-C and -D expression, which may compensate for down-regulation of PDGF-B, we hypothesize that the new PDGF isoforms may fulfil specific functions in hepatic fibrogenesis...
- Chemosensitization by STI571 targeting the platelet-derived growth factor/platelet-derived growth factor receptor-signaling pathway in the tumor progression and angiogenesis of gastric carcinomaRyungsa Kim
International Radiation Information Center, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Cancer 103:1800-9. 2005..The authors assessed the effect of STI571 on the tumor growth of gastric carcinoma in combination with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) or paclitaxel targeting the PDGF/PDGFR-signaling pathway...
- Imatinib mesylate inhibits Leydig cell tumor growth: evidence for in vitro and in vivo activitySabrina Basciani
Department of Medical Physiopathology, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cancer Res 65:1897-903. 2005..No activating mutations in common regions of mutation of the c-kit gene were found. Our studies suggest that Leydig cell tumors might be a potential target for imatinib therapy...
- Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor receptor signaling restricts the growth of human breast cancer in the bone of nude miceDina Chelouche Lev
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:306-14. 2005..This study examined the effects of STI571 (imatinib mesylate), which inhibits PDGFR tyrosine kinase signaling, on the growth of human breast cancer cells in the bone of nude mice with consequent osteolysis...
- Platelet-derived growth factor, transforming growth factor-beta, and connective tissue growth factor in a porcine bronchial model of obliterative bronchiolitisHanni S Alho
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Exp Lung Res 33:303-20. 2007..This study further confirms PDGF and TGF-beta as mediators of OB and supports the concept of the importance of the pathways signaled through PDGF receptors in post-transplant OB...
- Imatinib mesylate inhibits tumorigenicity of malignant fibrous histiocytoma cells in vivoIstan Irsan
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
Anticancer Res 27:423-9. 2007..MFH cell lines showed various patterns of PDGFRs and c-Kit expression. Imatinib mesylate inhibited the proliferation of MFH cells that expressed PDGFRs and/or c-Kit...
- A unique autophosphorylation site in the platelet-derived growth factor alpha receptor from a heterodimeric receptor complexE Rupp
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 225:29-41. 1994....
- Platelet derived growth factor-BB is a potent mitogen for rat ureteral and human bladder smooth muscle cells: dependence on lipid rafts for cell signalingMaximilain Stehr
J Urol 169:1165-70. 2003..In this study we asked whether B, T and U smooth muscle cells (SMC) respond to several SMC growth factors and explored the role of caveolae/lipid raft membrane microdomains in signaling by one of these factors, PDGF-BB...
- Bis(1H-2-indolyl)-1-methanones as inhibitors of the hematopoietic tyrosine kinase Flt3S Teller
Research Unit Molecular Cell Biology, Medical Faculty, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Leukemia 16:1528-34. 2002..Thus, bis(1H-2-indolyl)-1-methanones are potential candidates for the treatment of Flt3-driven leukemias...
- Functional analysis of aortic endothelial cells expressing mutant PDGF receptors with respect to expression of matrix metalloproteinase-3Tatsuro Kanaki
Department of Clinical Cell Biology F5, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:231-7. 2002..In light of these results, it appears that PDGF-BB is capable of inducing MMP-3 expression through both the PDGF-alphaR and the -betaR, and the effects are contributed by the PI3K-mediated transduction pathways...
- Heparin amplifies platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)- BB-induced PDGF alpha -receptor but not PDGF beta -receptor tyrosine phosphorylation in heparan sulfate-deficient cells. Effects on signal transduction and biological responsesCharlotte Rolny
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Rudbeck Laboratory, Dag Hammarskjölds v 20, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:19315-21. 2002..In conclusion, heparin modulates PDGF-BB-induced PDGF alpha-receptor phosphorylation and downstream signaling, with consequences for cellular responsiveness to the growth factor...
- Different effects of high and low shear stress on platelet-derived growth factor isoform release by endothelial cells: consequences for smooth muscle cell migrationRoberta Palumbo
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Milano, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:405-11. 2002..001). These results suggest that the ability of high SS to inhibit arterial wall thickening in vivo may be related to enhanced activation of PDGFRalpha in SMCs by PDGF isoforms secreted by the endothelium...
- Overexpression of the type II transforming growth factor-beta receptor inhibits fibroblasts proliferation and activates extracellular signal regulated kinase and c-Jun N-terminal kinaseHoward J Goldberg
The Division of Nephrology, Dept of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Cell Biol Int 26:165-74. 2002..In conclusion, our system is an excellent tool to study the molecular mechanisms of growth inhibition by TGF-beta in fibroblasts. Activation of JNK and ERK, or modulation of PDGF receptor expression may be involved in this process...
- [Mitogenesis of platelet-derived growth factors to human osteoblasts modulated by basic fibroblast growth factor]J Chen
Department of Orthopeadic Surgery, Nanfang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 38:707-10. 2000..8 +/- 51.5). bFGF up-regulated PDGFR-alpha and down-regulated PDGFR-beta on the surface of the human osteoblasts. CONCLUSION: bFGF elevates the mitogenesis of PDGF-AA or -AB to human osteoblasts by up-regulating PDGFR-alpha...
- Both platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR)-alpha and PDGFR-beta promote murine fibroblast cell migrationJ Yu
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:697-700. 2001..Taken together, we propose that cell-type specific alpha-PDGFR signaling is critical for regulation of mesenchymal cell migration in response to PDGF isoform, whereas beta-PDGFR mainly promotes cell migration...
- Immature neurons from CNS stem cells proliferate in response to platelet-derived growth factorA Erlandsson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, SE-751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Neurosci 21:3483-91. 2001..Our findings suggest that PDGF acts as a mitogen in the early phase of stem cell differentiation to expand the pool of immature neurons...
- Platelet-derived growth factor-mediated signaling through the Shb adaptor protein: effects on cytoskeletal organizationR Hooshmand-Rad
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, S 751 24, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 257:245-54. 2000..We conclude that Shb plays a role in PDGF-dependent regulation of certain cytoskeletal changes by modulating the ability of PDGF to activate Rac...
- Identification of Tyr-762 in the platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor as the binding site for Crk proteinsK Yokote
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba City, Japan
Oncogene 16:1229-39. 1998..RasGAP is not bound to the alpha-receptor. Thus, this region in the kinase inserts of the two receptors may be important for the divergency in signaling from the two PDGF receptors...
- Activation of Stat5 by platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) is dependent on phosphorylation sites in PDGF beta-receptor juxtamembrane and kinase insert domainsS Valgeirsdottir
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Oncogene 16:505-15. 1998..Members of the Janus kinase family were also shown to interact with the PDGF beta-receptor, and to a lesser extent with the alpha-receptor, but their importance for PDGF-induced Stat activation remains to be determined...
- Demonstration of functionally different interactions between phospholipase C-gamma and the two types of platelet-derived growth factor receptorsA Eriksson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 270:7773-81. 1995..We conclude that phosphorylated Tyr-988 and Tyr-1018 in the PDGF alpha-receptor carboxyl-terminal tail bind PLC-gamma, but this association leads to only a relatively low level of tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of PLC-gamma...
- Desensitization of Vascular Receptor Tyrosine KinasesNeil Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therapeutic implications for cardiovascular diseases may derive from determining how GRKs regulate RPTK signaling, and which RPTKs are subject to GRK-mediated regulation. ..
- Anti-Fibrotic Therapy for Scleroderma/SScLatha Paka; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this application is to evaluate a lead small- molecule drug candidate in two preclinical models of scleroderma/SSc to advance to SBIR Phase-II project with the ultimate objective of bringing our drug to clinical trials. ..
- Modulation of Glioma Growth and Invasion by HCMV Glycoprotein BLiliana Soroceanu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from experiments proposed herein may lead to novel therapeutic approaches based on antiviral treatments for glioma patients. ..
- Cervical spinal injury and demyelination in aged ratsMichael S Beattie; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is expected that the results will contribute to the development of therapies that will improve neurological function in aging humans. ..
- Role of Acetaldehyde on PDGF-BB-induced HSC Migration and Proliferation.Raj M Lakshman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our long term goal is to unravel key molecular events triggered by acetaldehyde that could lead to therapeutic intervention and thus, to prevention and/or amelioration of alcohol-induced liver fibrosis and cirrhosis. ..
- Defining mechanisms of MEK1/2 inhibitor response in triple negative breast cancerMartin Whittle; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of PDGFR in Medulloblastoma ProgressionTobey J Macdonald; Fiscal Year: 2010..the expression pattern of phbsphorylated PDGFR protein and its correlation with metastasis and outcome in human medulloblastomas as a way to assessthe potential clinical utility of PDGFR inhibitors for this disease ..
- Cytomegalovirus Gene Expression and Strain Variability in Glioma PathogenesisLiliana Soroceanu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Molecular Mechanisms of Heart RegenerationCHING LING ELLEN LIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We expect the proposed research can lead to findings that may enhance regenerative capacity in diseased human hearts in the future. ..
- Diagnosing Emergence of Kinase Inhibitor Resistance on a MicrochipThomas G Graeber; Fiscal Year: 2013..Graeber, H.-R. Tseng, R. Lo and A. Ribas), make the melanoma microfluidic diagnostic approach uniquely positioned to impact ongoing clinical trials and therapy. ..
- HEMANGIOBLAST DEVELOPMENT AND REGULATIONKyunghee Choi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, positive outcome from the current proposed studies would be directly applicable to regenerative medicine utilizing pluripotent stem cells in the future. ..
- Prospective Purification of Adult Stem Cell AstrocytesFiona Doetsch; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together these studies will yield key insights into the regulation of stem cell quiescence in the adult brain. ..
- SIGNALING PATHWAYS REGULATING EPITHELIAL CELL SURVIVALPaul Dent; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOGENETICS OF ANTIBODY INDUCED NEPHRITISChandra Mohan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Collectively, these studies are likely to shed novel light on the genetic and molecular origins of antibody-mediated nephritis. ..
- Improved therapeutic approaches for hematological disorder treated with tyrosineMohammad Azam; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that a detail characterization of this hydrophobic-motif will help us in developing new allosteric inhibitors tha can be used in combination with ATP- competitive inhibitors to suppress all forms resistant mutations. ..
- NG2-PG in tumor vascularization and progressionWilliam B Stallcup; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- PDGF and PVRAndrius Kazlauskas; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The Role of White Matter Progenitors in Glioma Formation and ProgressionPeter D Canoll; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our goal is to characterize the role that adult oligodendrocyte progenitors play in the formation and progression of malignant gliomas. ..
- INFLAMMATORY MEDIATORS AND GLOMERULAR CELLS IN CULTUREHanna Abboud; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will be accomplished by generation of chimeric embryos expressing the mutant PDGFRb using MC- specific promoter and studying MC phenotype in these embryos. ..
- Role of O2 in PDGFRb expression and function in aging.Wende Reenstra; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings from these studies will have important implications for novel therapeutic approaches in aging. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Caveolae structure and functionRICHARD G ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of basic caveolae biology may lead to new strategies for treating human disease. ..
- Phase II Clinical Trial of AZD2171 Monotherapy In Recurrent Head and Neck CancerJames Rocco; Fiscal Year: 2007..antiangiogenic effects of AZD2171 and identify potential surrogate markers of response AIM 3: Identify differentially expressed genes that correlate with HNSCC tumor response during AZD2171 therapy [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FTI Biology & Treatment of Myeloproliferative DisordersJason Gotlib; Fiscal Year: 2005..If clinically efficacious, further studies of R115777 in MPDs will be warranted...
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR AND ONCOLOGIC VIROLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMDaniel DiMaio; Fiscal Year: 2005..In these capacities, he is well positioned to foster interactions among other members of the faculty in the School of Medicine. ..
- ANALYSIS OF THE PDGF RECEPTOR JUXTAMEMBRANE DOMAINDaniel DiMaio; Fiscal Year: 2004..These experiments should provide new insights into the function and regulation of receptor tyrosine kinases and into human tumorigenesis, and they should elucidate the binding properties of a new family of WW domains. ..
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- The Role of Tuberin in Smooth Muscle Cell ProliferationGeraldine Finlay; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TK-based methods to improve radioimmunotherapyJanina Baranowska Kortylewicz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Parameters such as the radioisotope uptake, tumor responses to augmented RIT, changes in tumor physiology, to improved clinical radioimmunotherapy of pancreatic cancer. ..
- RECEPTOR KINASE GENE THERAPY FOR NEOINTIMAL HYPERPLASIANeil Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Comparative Genomics of Sex Determination in AmniotesTurk Rhen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This approach promises to speed the rate of discovery of sex-determining genes in humans, which to date has been slow and haphazard. ..
- Fi02 and Blood Vessel Formation in Adult LungRosemary Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Conference on Angiogenesis in Cancer and Other DiseasesRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting's synthesis of available information will be particularly thought-provoking for students and post- doctoral fellows. ..
- Wnt Signaling in IBD-Related Colon CancerRANDALL HOLCOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The precise effects of FIPs on Wnt signaling will be defined in vitro, with attention to the potentially disparate responses of different, specific, Fz receptor subtypes. ..
- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Neural DevelopmentGeorge DeVries; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC DISSECTION OF A BONE DYSPLASIA/CANCER SYNDROMEJohn Martignetti; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Therapeutic Strategies for Environmental Lung DiseasesJames Bonner; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Venous thromboembolism among California cancer patientsHelen Chew; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation- Medulloblastoma Growth by alpha-v integrinsTobey Macdonald; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-range goal of this work is to broaden our understanding of medulloblastoma growth, so that novel biologic therapies may be developed into new treatments for medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor in children. ..
- Anti-Angiogenesis/Drugs in Tumors--Bench /Bedside & BackRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2005..Attendance at this conference will provide an excellent opportunity for young investigators working on cancer to educate and familiarize themselves with the field of angiogenesis and the complexities of the system. ..
- Targeting Vasculogenesis and Interstitial Hypertension in Neurofibromatosis Type1Ugur Ozerdem; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THERAPEUTICS STUDIES OF PRIMARY CNS MALIGNANCIESPatrick Wen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Association of 7q22..1 gene VGF with obesity & leannessJohn Martignetti; Fiscal Year: 2008..These physiologically linked, target-tissue genes may themselves play a functional role in obesity resistance or susceptibility, and thus become excellent candidates for future investigation. ..
- Mechanisms of Arterial Wall-Mediated AtherogenesisNeil Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..In so doing, this project should build a foundation for identifying multiple arterial wall gene products that may serve as therapeutic targets for atherosclerosis. ..
- VEGF and Nitric Oxide in Lung Vascular DevelopmentVivek Balasubramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, Dr. Balasubramaniam will continue to work with Dr. Charles Plopper (UC Davis) to learn more sophisticated techniques of morphometric analysis. ..
- Is non-canonical Wnt signaling required in cardiac neural crest cells?Ethan David Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This.information may lead to new detection or treatment strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer ConferenceMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2008..For project details please see "Conference Plan". [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrative Biology of Tumor MetastasisRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we have the resources and the clinical collaborators in place to initiate a clinical trial based on our findings, as attested by our ongoing trial using a VEGF-specific antibody. ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- Aging, Atherosclerosis, and the Arterial WallNeil Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Wnt signaling in Cervical Cancer PathogenesisAykut Uren; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aykut The name of the principal investigator/program director must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Role of BMDCs in Solid Tumor Growth and RelapseRakesh K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our results will offer strategies for the inhibition of tumor relapse after radiotherapy by targeting molecular pathways that are critical for both angiogenesis and myeloid BMDC recruitment. ..
- Apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaRuben Mesa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TGF-B IN RENAL ENDOTHELIAL & MESANGIAL CELL DEVELOPMENTEudora Eng; Fiscal Year: 2002..By immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy, effects of diminished endothelial PDGF-B on mesangial cells will be determined. ..
- TUMOR OXYGENATION, VASCULARIZATION, AND RADIORESPONSEBruce Fenton; Fiscal Year: 2009..These results with lead to the more rational and optimal design of effective combined therapies, thereby ultimately accelerating their implementation into clinical protocols. ..
- American Society for Neurochemistry: Annual Conference GrantGeorge DeVries; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..