Genomes and Genes
Summary: Molecules found on the surface of some, but not all, B-lymphocytes, T-lymphocytes, and macrophages, which recognize and combine with the Fc (crystallizable) portion of immunoglobulin molecules.
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- Albumin binding to FcRn: distinct from the FcRn-IgG interactionChaity Chaudhury
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biochemistry 45:4983-90. 2006..Our results suggest that the FcRn-albumin interaction has unique features distinct from FcRn-IgG binding despite the overall similarity in the pH-dependent binding mechanism by which both ligands are protected from degradation...
- Fcgamma receptors as regulators of immune responsesFalk Nimmerjahn
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology and Immunotherapy, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glueckstr 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Rev Immunol 8:34-47. 2008In addition to their role in binding antigen, antibodies can regulate immune responses through interacting with Fc receptors (FcRs)...
- Involvement of Fc receptors in disorders of the central nervous systemEitan Okun
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, 251 Bayview Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuromolecular Med 12:164-78. 2010..Knowledge of the functions of FcRs in the nervous system in health and disease is leading to novel preventative and therapeutic strategies for stroke, Alzheimer's disease, and other neurological disorders...
- Maternal antibodies enhance or prevent cytomegalovirus infection in the placenta by neonatal Fc receptor-mediated transcytosisEkaterina Maidji
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0512, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1210-26. 2006..These findings could explain the efficacy of hyperimmune IgG for treatment of primary CMV infection during gestation and support vaccination...
- Human neonatal Fc receptor mediates transport of IgG into luminal secretions for delivery of antigens to mucosal dendritic cellsMasaru Yoshida
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 20:769-83. 2004..These results explain how IgG is secreted onto mucosal surfaces and scavenges luminal antigens for recognition by the immune system...
- Identification of residues in the CH2/CH3 domain interface of IgA essential for interaction with the human fcalpha receptor (FcalphaR) CD89R J Pleass
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee Medical School, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:23508-14. 1999..We have thus identified motifs in the interdomain region of IgA Fc critical for FcalphaR binding and triggering, significantly enhancing present understanding of the molecular basis of the IgA-FcalphaR interaction...
- Fc receptors and their role in immune regulation and autoimmunityToshiyuki Takai
Department of Experimental Immunology and CREST Program of Japan Science and Technology Agency, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Clin Immunol 25:1-18. 2005The activation threshold of cells in the immune system is often tuned by cell surface molecules. The Fc receptors expressed on various hematopoietic cells constitute critical elements for activating or downmodulating immune responses and ..
- IgA Fc receptorsRenato C Monteiro
1INSERM E0225, Bichat Medical School, 16 rue Henri Huchard, Paris 75870, France
Annu Rev Immunol 21:177-204. 2003..Finally, recent work points out a role for human IgA in treatment of infectious and neoplastic diseases...
- Role of IgA and IgA fc receptors in inflammationRenato C Monteiro
INSERM U699, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:1-9. 2010..However, IgA can also, when aggregated, be deleterious to the host, inducing inflammatory diseases. This Janus-like nature of IgA is mainly due to their heterogeneity in molecular forms and their interaction with IgA receptors...
- Beta 2-microglobulin deficient mice lack CD4-8+ cytolytic T cellsM Zijlstra
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Nature 344:742-6. 1990....
- Discriminating gene expression profiles of memory B cell subpopulationsGotz R A Ehrhardt
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Exp Med 205:1807-17. 2008....
- Receptor-mediated immunoglobulin G transport across mucosal barriers in adult life: functional expression of FcRn in the mammalian lungGerburg M Spiekermann
The Combined Program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 196:303-10. 2002..These data show that mucosal surfaces that express FcRn reabsorb IgG and explain a mechanism by which IgG may act in immune surveillance to retrieve lumenal antigens for processing in the lamina propria or systemically...
- Utilization of Fc receptors as a mucosal vaccine strategy against an intracellular bacterium, Francisella tularensisDeepak B Rawool
Center for Immunology and Microbial Disease, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Immunol 180:5548-57. 2008Numerous studies have demonstrated that targeting Ag to Fc receptors (FcR) on APCs can enhance humoral and cellular immunity...
- Crystal structure and immunoglobulin G binding properties of the human major histocompatibility complex-related Fc receptor(,)A P West
Division of Biology 156 29 and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biochemistry 39:9698-708. 2000..The structure of human FcRn and studies of its ligand binding are relevant to current efforts to use FcRn-mediated regulation of IgG half-life in serum to increase the lifetimes of antibody-based therapeutics...
- FcRn: the neonatal Fc receptor comes of ageDerry C Roopenian
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 7:715-25. 2007..This Review summarizes these two areas of FcRn biology...
- Mannose receptor interacts with Fc receptors and is critical for the development of crescentic glomerulonephritis in miceKonstantia Maria Chavele
Renal Section, Division of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 120:1469-78. 2010..We suggest that targeting MR may provide an alternative therapeutic approach in CGN while minimizing the impact on adaptive immune responses, which are affected by conventional immunosuppressive approaches...
- A critical role of Fc receptor-mediated antibody-dependent phagocytosis in the host resistance to blood-stage Plasmodium berghei XAT infectionT Yoneto
Department of Allergology and Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 166:6236-41. 2001..These results suggest that FcR-mediated Ab-dependent phagocytosis, which is located downstream of IFN-gamma production, is important as an effector mechanism to eliminate PRBC in blood-stage P. berghei XAT infection...
- Surface display of IgG Fc on baculovirus vectors enhances binding to antigen-presenting cells and cell lines expressing Fc receptorsJohn C Martyn
The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Arch Virol 154:1129-38. 2009..to recombinant soluble FcgammaRIIalpha receptor and to cell lines and antigen-presenting cells expressing Fc receptors (FcRs)...
- Mast cell-derived cytokine expression induced via Fc receptors and Toll-like receptorsYoshimichi Okayama
Laboratory for Allergy Transcriptome, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, Japan
Chem Immunol Allergy 87:101-10. 2005..The results indicated that human MCs might modulate the immune system in a receptor-specific manner by releasing cytokines in quantitatively and qualitatively different ways...
- Fc receptors as determinants of allergic reactionsStefan Kraft
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Trends Immunol 27:88-95. 2006..in the positive and negative regulation of Fc receptor expression and signaling have shed light on the role of Fc receptors in our immune system, indicating them to be bifunctional, inhibitory and activating structures...
- Definition of immunoglobulin A receptors on eosinophils and their enhanced expression in allergic individualsR C Monteiro
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham
J Clin Invest 92:1681-5. 1993..The data indicate that expression of Fc alpha R molecules with a characteristic glycosylation pattern is upregulated on eosinophils in allergic individuals...
- Crystal structure at 2.8 A of an FcRn/heterodimeric Fc complex: mechanism of pH-dependent bindingW L Martin
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Mol Cell 7:867-77. 2001..The structure reveals conformational changes in Fc and three titratable salt bridges that confer pH-dependent binding, and can be used to guide rational design of therapeutic IgGs with longer serum half-lives...
- Efficient capture of antibody neutralized HIV-1 by cells expressing DC-SIGN and transfer to CD4+ T lymphocytesThijs van Montfort
Laboratory of Experimental Virology, Department of Medical Microbiology, Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 178:3177-85. 2007..The increased capture of the 2F5-neutralized virus by iMDDCs was negated upon blocking the Fc receptors. Blocking DC-SIGN on iMDDCs resulted in a 70-75% inhibition of HIV-1 capture at 37 degrees C, whereas at 4 ..
- Immature neutrophils mediate tumor cell killing via IgA but not IgG Fc receptorsMarielle A Otten
Immunotherapy Laboratory, Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 174:5472-80. 2005..This may provide a rationale for the disappointing results observed in some earlier clinical trials in which patients were treated with G-CSF and antitumor Ab-targeting FcgammaR...
- A family of human lymphoid and myeloid Ig-like receptors, some of which bind to MHC class I moleculesL Borges
Immunex Corp, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Immunol 159:5192-6. 1997..Like killer inhibitory receptors, at least two LIRs bind to MHC class I Ags, but their different cellular distribution suggests a distinct role in immune system modulation...
- Immunoglobulin transport across polarized epithelial cellsRaul Rojas
Laboratory of Epithelial Cell Biology, Renal Electrolyte Division of the Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3:944-55. 2002..Recent studies on the intracellular transport pathways of antibody-receptor complexes and antibody-stimulated receptor-mediated transcytosis are providing new insight into the nature and regulation of endocytic pathways...
- Fc receptors and immunity to parasitesR J Pleass
Dept of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee Medical School, Ninewells Hospital, DD1 9SY, Dundee, UK
Trends Parasitol 17:545-51. 2001b>Fc receptors (FcRs) are crucial in the immune system; they mediate a plethora of biological functions as diverse as antigen presentation, phagocytosis, cytotoxicity, induction of inflammatory cascades and modulation of immune responses...
- Phagocytosis and clearance of apoptotic cells is mediated by MERR S Scott
UNC Neuroscience Center, USA
Nature 411:207-11. 2001..Thus, the Mer receptor tyrosine kinase seems to be critical for the engulfment and efficient clearance of apoptotic cells. This has implications for inflammation and autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Increased clearance of IgG in mice that lack beta 2-microglobulin: possible protective role of FcRnE J Israel
Combined Program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Immunology 89:573-8. 1996..These data suggest that FcRn can protect IgG from degradation, and is therefore important in maintaining IgG levels in the circulation...
- Roles of Fc receptors in autoimmunityToshiyuki Takai
Department of Experimental Immunology, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Institute of Development, Ageing and Cancer, Tohoku University, Seiryo, Sendai, Japan
Nat Rev Immunol 2:580-92. 2002
- Fc receptor but not complement binding is important in antibody protection against HIVAnn J Hessell
Department of Immunology and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 449:101-4. 2007..Overall, the data suggest the potential importance of activity against both infected cells and free virus for effective protection against HIV...
- Complement, Fc receptors and antibodies: a Trojan horse in HIV infection?Heribert Stoiber
Section of Hygiene and Microbiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 4:394-9. 2009..Thus, immediately upon entering the host, independent on the route of infection, HIV activates the complement system. Although a first line of immune defense, complement cannot eliminate retroviral infections completely...
- Tryptophan- and dileucine-based endocytosis signals in the neonatal Fc receptorZ Wu
Rosenstiel Center for Basic Biomedical Sciences, W. M. Keck Institute for Cellular Visualization, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02254-9110, USA
J Biol Chem 276:5240-7. 2001..This shift appeared to arise because the loss of endocytosis signals inhibited apical to basolateral transcytosis of FcRn more than basolateral to apical transcytosis...
- Decoding IgE Fc receptorsMing Zhang
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Immunol Res 37:1-16. 2007..A better understanding of signaling events following IgE FcR aggregation will shed new light on how allergy patients might be treated more safely and effectively...
- Absence of CD89, polymeric immunoglobulin receptor, and asialoglycoprotein receptor on human mesangial cellsJ C Leung
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:241-9. 2000..The present study concluded that there was an absence of Fc alphaR1, ASGPR, or pIgR on human mesangial cells. These findings suggest that the predominant binding of human IgA to human mesangial cells is mediated by other mechanisms...
- The Fc receptor gamma-chain is necessary and sufficient to initiate signalling through glycoprotein VI in transfected cells by the snake C-type lectin, convulxinOscar Berlanga
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, UK
Eur J Biochem 269:2951-60. 2002..These results demonstrate that reconstitution of the GPVI-FcR gamma-chain complex in cells expressing the necessary signalling network is sufficient to initiate signalling events in response to convulxin and collagen-related peptide...
- Critical role for complement receptor 3 (CD11b/CD18), but not for Fc receptors, in killing of Streptococcus pyogenes by neutrophils in human immune serumMaria Nilsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Section of Microbiology, Immunology and Glycobiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 35:1472-81. 2005..Surprisingly, blocking of the Fc receptors had little effect on the killing...
- Prolonged and increased expression of soluble Fc receptors, IgG and a TCR-Ig fusion protein by transiently transfected adherent 293E cellsGøril Berntzen
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, P O Box 1041, 0316, Oslo, Norway
J Immunol Methods 298:93-104. 2005..The approach should be of interest to laboratories that do not have access to a bioreactor but still have a requirement for reasonable amounts of protein to be produced in an easy and cost-effective manner...
- Differential regulation of myelin phagocytosis by macrophages/microglia, involvement of target myelin, Fc receptors and activation by intravenous immunoglobulinsTanja Kuhlmann
Department of Neuropathology, Charite, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci Res 67:185-90. 2002..phagocytosis of PNS myelin by peripheral macrophages was associated with an increased expression of macrophage Fc receptors measured by FACS...
- Antigen binding to secretory immunoglobulin A results in decreased sensitivity to intestinal proteases and increased binding to cellular Fc receptorsMélanie Duc
Department of Immunology and Allergy, University State Hospital CHUV, Rue du Bugnon 46, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 285:953-60. 2010..This identifies immune complexes as particular structural entities integrating the presence of bound antigens and adds to the known function of immune exclusion and mucus anchoring by SIgA...
- Visualizing the site and dynamics of IgG salvage by the MHC class I-related receptor, FcRnRaimund J Ober
Cancer Immunobiology Center and Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 172:2021-9. 2004..The studies provide a dynamic view of the trafficking of FcRn and its ligand and have relevance to understanding how FcRn functions to maintain IgG homeostasis...
- Insights into IgA-mediated immune responses from the crystal structures of human FcalphaRI and its complex with IgA1-FcAndrew B Herr
Division of Biology 114 96, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nature 423:614-20. 2003....
- Fc receptors: role in biology and antibody therapyJan G J van de Winkel
Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, and Genmab, P O Box 85199, 3508 AD Utrecht The Netherlands
Immunol Lett 128:4-5. 2010..b>Fc receptors have been found to be crucial for normal immunity and to play an important role in the mechanisms of action of ..
- Antibody-based HIV-1 vaccines: recent developments and future directionsDavid Montefiori
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e348. 2007
- Transmembrane domains in the functions of Fc receptorsRaphael Zidovetzki
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Biophys Chem 100:555-75. 2003....
- Differential B cell expression of mouse Fc receptor homologsRandall S Davis
Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 3300, USA
Int Immunol 16:1343-53. 2004..The highly restricted pattern of moFcRH3 expression suggests this member of the phylogenetically conserved FcRH family may have an important immunoregulatory role in marginal zone B cells...
- Fc receptorsJ V Ravetch
DeWitt Wallace Research Laboratories, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, New York 10021
Annu Rev Immunol 9:457-92. 1991..The detailed analysis of the IgG and IgE Fc receptors has indicated that these molecules have evolved from a common precursor through gene duplication...
- Fc receptors as potential targets for the treatment of allergy, autoimmune disease and cancerToshiyuki Takai
Department of Experimental Immunology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 3:187-97. 2003..On the contrary, activating-type Fc receptors are crucial for the onset and exacerbation of such diseases...
- A synthetic mimic of human Fc receptors: defined chemical modification of cell surfaces enables efficient endocytic uptake of human immunoglobulin-GSiwarutt Boonyarattanakalin
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:11463-70. 2006..Certain human leukocytes and epithelial cells express Fc receptors (FcRs) that bind and internalize antibodies through this mechanism...
- A full complement of receptors in immune complex diseasesJeffrey V Ravetch
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1759-61. 2002
- Human anti-idiotypic antibodies can be good immunogens as they target FC receptors on antigen-presenting cells allowing efficient stimulation of both helper and cytotoxic T-cell responsesL G Durrant
CRC Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 92:414-20. 2001..Human anti-idiotypes are therefore good immunogens since they target Fc receptors on antigen-presenting cells, allowing efficient stimulation of both helper and cytotoxic T-cell responses...
- Dependence of antibody-mediated presentation of antigen on FcRnShuo Wang Qiao
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9337-42. 2008....
- Polyclonal immunoglobulins (IVIg) modulate nitric oxide production and microglial functions in vitro via Fc receptorsM Stangel
Department of Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200, Berlin, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 112:63-71. 2001..inhibition of Syk and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, two enzymes involved in the signalling cascade of Fc receptors. TNFalpha secretion was dose-dependently stimulated by IVIg in both untreated microglia and after stimulation ..
- Aglycosylated immunoglobulin G1 variants productively engage activating Fc receptorsStephen L Sazinsky
Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:20167-72. 2008....
- Channel catfish NK-like cells are armed with IgM via a putative FcmicroRLinling Shen
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi, Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 27:699-714. 2003..This is the first report suggesting that teleost NK-like cells express a putative FcmicroR which participates in antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity...
- Cross-talk between Fc receptors and integrinsAlejandro Ortiz-Stern
Department of Immunology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apartado Postal 70228, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico D F, C P 04510, Mexico
Immunol Lett 90:137-43. 2003b>Fc receptors (FcRs) and integrins are both key players of immune responses. These receptors are capable of independent signaling that leads to various cell functions...
- IgG transcytosis and recycling by FcRn expressed in MDCK cells reveals ligand-induced redistributionT S Ramalingam
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
EMBO J 21:590-601. 2002....
- Fc receptor biologyM Daeron
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Clinique, INSERM U 255, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Annu Rev Immunol 15:203-34. 1997This review deals with membrane Fc receptors (FcR) of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is focused on the mechanisms by which FcR trigger and regulate biological responses of cells on which they are expressed...
- Antibodies, Fc receptors and cancerFalk Nimmerjahn
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 19:239-45. 2007..These novel insights into antibody FcR interactions might be useful to produce the next generation of improved immunotherapeutic molecules...
- The role of IgA and IgA Fc receptors as anti-inflammatory agentsRenato C Monteiro
INSERM U699, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:S61-4. 2010....
- Microglial Fc receptors mediate physiological changes resulting from antibody cross-linking of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoproteinCecilia B Marta
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Medical School, Farmington, CT 06030 3401, United States
J Neuroimmunol 196:35-40. 2008..Here, we show that similar events occur when anti-MOG is cross-linked with Fc receptors (FcRs) present on microglia but not with complement...
- Human NK cells express Fc receptors for IgA which mediate signal transduction and target cell killingGabriela Mota
Center of Immunology, Institute of Virology, Bucharest, Romania
Eur J Immunol 33:2197-205. 2003..In this work the expression of Fc receptors for IgA (FcalphaR) on human NK cells and the signaling events were investigated...
- Agalactosylated IgG antibodies depend on cellular Fc receptors for in vivo activityFalk Nimmerjahn
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8433-7. 2007..which is a prerequisite for antibody-mediated effector functions, such as the interaction with cellular Fc receptors or the complement component C1q...
- Exocytosis of IgG as mediated by the receptor, FcRn: an analysis at the single-molecule levelRaimund J Ober
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11076-81. 2004..Such retrograde movement may represent a mechanism for FcRn retrieval. Our studies provide insight into the events that lead to IgG exocytosis...
- Human antibody-Fc receptor interactions illuminated by crystal structuresJenny M Woof
Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee Medical School, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Nat Rev Immunol 4:89-99. 2004..classes trigger different effector mechanisms through interaction of immunoglobulin Fc regions with specific Fc receptors (FcRs) on immune cells...
- Crystal structure of the complex of rat neonatal Fc receptor with FcW P Burmeister
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Nature 372:379-83. 1994..4) and suggesting an unusual orientation of FcRn on the membrane...
- Rhesus macaque polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies inhibit simian immunodeficiency virus in the presence of human or autologous rhesus effector cellsDonald N Forthal
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4028, USA
J Virol 80:9217-25. 2006..Finally, our data underscore the potential importance of Fc-Fc receptor interactions in mediating biological activities of antibody...
- Expression of the immunoregulatory molecule FcRH4 defines a distinctive tissue-based population of memory B cellsGotz R A Ehrhardt
Division of Clinical and Developmental Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Exp Med 202:783-91. 2005..Cell surface FcRH4 expression thus marks a unique population of memory B cells with distinctive morphology, functional capabilities, and tissue localization...
- An Fc receptor structurally related to MHC class I antigensN E Simister
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
Nature 337:184-7. 1989..b>Fc receptors on intestinal epithelial cells of the neonatal rat (FcRn) mediate the uptake of IgG from milk...
- Fc receptors: rubor reduxJ V Ravetch
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
Cell 78:553-60. 1994
- The MHC class I-related receptor, FcRn, plays an essential role in the maternofetal transfer of gamma-globulin in humansM Firan
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Int Immunol 13:993-1002. 2001..FcRn therefore plays a central role in the maternofetal delivery of IgG and this has implications for the use of protein engineering to improve the properties of therapeutic antibodies...
- MHC class I-related neonatal Fc receptor for IgG is functionally expressed in monocytes, intestinal macrophages, and dendritic cellsX Zhu
Gastroenterology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 166:3266-76. 2001....
- Identification of a family of Fc receptor homologs with preferential B cell expressionR S Davis
Divisions of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294 3300, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:9772-7. 2001....
- Delivery of an erythropoietin-Fc fusion protein by inhalation in humans through an immunoglobulin transport pathwayJennifer A Dumont
Syntonix Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
J Aerosol Med 18:294-303. 2005....
- An extended family of Fc receptor relativesRandall S Davis
Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
Eur J Immunol 35:674-80. 2005..Their ligands, function, and prospective roles as diagnostic B cell markers and therapeutic targets are topics of intense interest...
- Human placental Fc receptors and the trapping of immune complexesN E Simister
Rosenstiel Center for Basic Biomedical Sciences, W M Keck Institute for Cellular Visualization, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02254 9110, USA
Vaccine 16:1451-5. 1998..The receptors responsible for trapping immune complexes appear to be Fc gamma RIa, Fc gamma RIIa, and Fc gamma RIIIa on stromal macrophages, and Fc gamma RII on fetal capillary endothelial cells...
- Divergent roles for Fc receptors and complement in vivoJ V Ravetch
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 16:421-32. 1998..These results necessitate a fundamental revision of the role of these antibody-binding systems in the immune response...
- IRTAs: a new family of immunoglobulinlike receptors differentially expressed in B cellsIra Miller
Institute of Cancer Genetics and the Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 99:2662-9. 2002..All IRTA genes code for transmembrane receptors that are closely related to Fc receptors in their most amino-terminal extracellular domains and that possess cytoplasmic domains containing ITIM (..
- IgG-assisted age-dependent clearance of Alzheimer's amyloid beta peptide by the blood-brain barrier neonatal Fc receptorRashid Deane
Division of Neurovascular Biology, Department of Neurosurgery, Arthur Kornberg Medical Research Building, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 25:11495-503. 2005..Our data suggest that the FcRn pathway at the BBB plays a crucial role in IgG-assisted Abeta removal from the aging brain...
- Neutrophils interact with adenovirus vectors via Fc receptors and complement receptor 1Matthew J Cotter
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Virol 79:14622-31. 2005..These results demonstrate opsonin-dependent adenovirus vector interactions with neutrophils and their corresponding receptors...
- Fc receptors are required in passive and active immunity to melanomaR Clynes
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:652-6. 1998....
- Plasma cells and Fc receptors in human adipose tissue--lipogenic and anti-inflammatory effects of immunoglobulins on adipocytesJenny Palming
Department of Metabolism and Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:43-8. 2006..05), but did not influence lipolysis. In conclusion, immunoglobulins produced by plasma cells in human adipose tissue could influence adipocyte metabolism and cytokine production...
- Neonatal Fc receptor for IgG regulates mucosal immune responses to luminal bacteriaMasaru Yoshida
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2142-2151. 2006....
- Expression and transport functionality of FcRn within rat alveolar epithelium: a study in primary cell culture and in the isolated perfused lungMasahiro Sakagami
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298 0533, USA
Pharm Res 23:270-9. 2006..FcRn expression in the upper tracheobronchial airways of the lung is recognized. In this study, we sought to characterize the functional expression of FcRn within alveolar regions of lung tissue...
- Species-specific evolution of the FcR family in endothermic vertebratesSvetlana A Fayngerts
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Novosibirsk, Russia
Immunogenetics 59:493-506. 2007....
- Regulation of antibody responses via antibodies, complement, and Fc receptorsB Heyman
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Annu Rev Immunol 18:709-37. 2000..IgG can enhance primary antibody responses in the absence of the complement system and seems to be dependent on Fc receptors for IgG (FcgammaRs). IgE enhances antibody responses via the low-affinity receptor for IgE (FcepsilonRII/CD23)...
- Effective therapy for a murine model of human anaplastic large-cell lymphoma with the anti-CD30 monoclonal antibody, HeFi-1, does not require activating Fc receptorsMeili Zhang
Metabolism Branch, Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 108:705-10. 2006..We demonstrated that the expression of FcRgamma on polymorphonuclear leukocytes and monocytes was not required for HeFi-1-mediated tumor growth inhibition in vivo, although it was required for daclizumab...
- Fc receptors are major mediators of antibody based inflammation in autoimmunityP Mark Hogarth
Helen McPherson Smith Laboratory, Austin Research Institute, Heidelberg, Vic, Australia
Curr Opin Immunol 14:798-802. 2002..Of increasing interest are Fc receptors, which have been more closely investigated in the past decade using recombinant proteins, gene deficient mice ..
- Functional reconstitution of human FcRn in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells requires co-expressed human beta 2-microglobulinSteven M Claypool
Harvard Medical School, Program in Immunology, Gastroenterogy Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:28038-50. 2002..These results show that human FcRn travels to the cell surface via the normal secretory pathway and that the appropriate expression and function of human FcRn in MDCK cells depends upon the co-expression of human beta(2)m...
- In vivo veritas: the surprising roles of Fc receptors in immunityJeffrey Ravetch
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Immunol 11:183-5. 2010Jeffrey Ravetch describes how he came to identify the in vivo function of the once mysterious Fc receptors.
- A family of highly diverse human and mouse genes structurally links leukocyte FcR, gp42 and PECAM-1Sergei V Guselnikov
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Lavrentjev St 10, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
Immunogenetics 54:87-95. 2002A group of genes encoding proteins structurally related to the leukocyte Fc receptors (FcRs) and termed the IFGP family was identified in human and mouse...
- Redundant and alternative roles for activating Fc receptors and complement in an antibody-dependent model of autoimmune vitiligoJiri Trcka
The Swim Across America Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Graduate School of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Immunity 16:861-8. 2002..Thus, either complement or macrophages expressing activating Fc gamma R can independently and alternatively mediate disease in a model of autoimmune vitiligo...
- How the controller is controlled - neonatal Fc receptor expression and immunoglobulin G homeostasisShuo Wang Qiao
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunology 120:145-7. 2007
- The impact of Fc receptors on the development of autoimmune diseasesS Kleinau
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Pharm Des 9:1861-70. 2003..of autoantibodies to self-antigens, which initiate an inflammatory response through binding to immunoglobulin Fc receptors (FcRs) or via complement components...
- Cutting edge: both activating and inhibitory Fc receptors expressed on mast cells regulate experimental allergic encephalomyelitis disease severityMichaela Robbie-Ryan
Graduate Program in Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 170:1630-4. 2003..Notably, mice reconstituted with FcgammaRIII(-/-) BMMC exhibit a relapsing-remitting course of disease. These data demonstrate that both activating and inhibitory FcRs expressed on mast cells influence the course of EAE...
- Fc receptor homologs: newest members of a remarkably diverse Fc receptor gene familyRandall S Davis
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Immunol Rev 190:123-36. 2002Newfound relatives of the classical Fc receptors (FcR) have been provisionally named the Fc receptor homologs (FcRH)...
- Definition of an Fc receptor-related gene (FcRX) expressed in human and mouse B cellsRandall S Davis
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama, Bimingham 35294, USA
Int Immunol 14:1075-83. 2002..FcRX transcripts are found primarily in secondary lymphoid tissues, where they are expressed by B lineage cells. FcRX thus may function as a secreted or intracellular protein in normal and neoplastic B cells...
- FcRn-mediated antibody transport across epithelial cells revealed by electron tomographyWanzhong He
Division of Biology 114 96, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nature 455:542-6. 2008..Markers for early, late and recycling endosomes each labelled vesicles in different and overlapping morphological classes, revealing spatial complexity in endo-lysosomal trafficking...
- Bivalent binding of IgA1 to FcalphaRI suggests a mechanism for cytokine activation of IgA phagocytosisAndrew B Herr
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
J Mol Biol 327:645-57. 2003..The bivalent, pH-dependent interaction between FcalphaRI and IgA has important implications for cytokine-dependent phagocytosis of IgA and the FcalphaRI-mediated degradation or recycling of IgA...
- Cytotoxic antibodies trigger inflammation through Fc receptorsR Clynes
Program in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Immunity 3:21-6. 1995..Roles have been proposed for Fc receptors, complement, and complement receptors in the pathogenesis of these disorders, although the contribution of each ..
- Neonatal Fc receptors discriminates and monitors the pathway of native and modified immunoglobulin G in placental endothelial cellsLuminita Radulescu
Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology Nicolae Simionescu, 8, B P Hasdeu Street, Bucharest, 79691, Romania
Hum Immunol 65:578-85. 2004..We questioned the role of neonatal Fc receptors (FcRn) in the traffic of IgG in human placental endothelial cells (HPEC)...
- Metabolic Engineering of Bacteria for Cancer Immunotherapy by Gamma Delta T CellsCraig T Morita; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Statin modulation of immunotherapy for Alzheimer diseaseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2012..major hypotheses regarding the actions of A( immunotherapy are the facilitation of microglial phagocytosis via Fc receptors and promotion of A( removal from the brain by increasing the brain/blood concentration gradient via anti-A( ..
- Pathogenesis of autoimmune endocarditis: roles for Fc receptors and integrins?Bryce Binstadt; Fiscal Year: 2012..Arthritis in this mouse model depends primarily on complement C5 and not Fc receptors;conversely, endocarditis depends essentially on Fc receptors and not C5...
- REGULATION OF EAE WITH RECOMBINANT TCR LIGANDSArthur A Vandenbark; Fiscal Year: 2013..levels of natural IgM and IgG antibodies specific for RTL that would likely bind to and signal through Fc receptors (FcR) when complexed with injected RTL, and it is possible that this pathway involves inhibitory FcR such as Fc?..
- Regulation of TSLP receptor expression and function in eczema in mice and manSteven F Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2013..depends upon the capacity for dendritic cells (DCs) to upregulate TSLP receptor (TSLPR) following ligation of Fc receptors by allergen...
- Regulation of the anti-phospholipid response in SLEAnne Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Because there is a dearth of clinical trials for APS, an increased understanding of the role of the immune system in causing APS may form the basis for a rational clinical trial in this disease. ..
- Gender-Specific Role of p202 in Lupus SusceptibilityDivaker Choubey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies will increase the understanding of the molecular basis of sex bias in lupus disease and could potentially lead to better diagnostic tools as well as disease monitoring, and effective treatments. 1 ..
- Glucose energy metabolism in the growth and survival of B lymphocytesTHOMAS CRANE CHILES; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CRP, eNOS and Endothelial DysfunctionPhilip W Shaul; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research program will determine how CRP and its cell surface receptors cause hypertension and insulin resistance. ..
- Immune activation by cetuximab in head and neck cancer patientsRobert L Ferris; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Key determinants of dengue virus neutralization by naturally occurring human mAbsScott A Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..These skills, along with didactic coursework, will help me to develop my career, as a physician-scientist, in a direction independently of my mentor. ..
- Humanization of hFcRn Mice for Physiological Evaluation of Therapeutic AntibodiesMICHAEL VAN WILES; Fiscal Year: 2013..We fully expect these models to more accurately reflect human IgG and human albumin biology and, therefore, rapidly advance drug development and FcRn biology. ..
- Syk blockade in bullous skin diseasesUma Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this Phase I program we will provide proof-of-concept for Syk inhibitors in BP using both animal models and relevant ex vivo human biospecimens. ..
- Defining the interaction of FCRLA with immunoglobulinPETER DANIEL BURROWS; Fiscal Year: 2013..FCRLA is a resident ER protein that associates with immunoglobulin in this organelle. Unique among Fc receptors, FCRLA can associate with multiple isotypes of Ig, IgM, IgG and IgA...
- Protective immunity against HIV: the role of IgG subclass and glycosylationDonald Forthal; Fiscal Year: 2009Project Summary Engagement of IgG Fc receptors (Fc?Rs) on natural killer cells, monocytes, macrophages, or dendritic cells may play a critical role in preventing lentivirus infection...
- Regulation of the anti-phospholipid response in SLEAnne Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our long term goal is to define the interactions of the crucial pathways that contribute to induction and propagation of the anti-phospholipid syndrome so as to best devise individualized therapies for patients with SLE. ..
- Validating a novel biomarker of clinical progression and survival in CLLRandall S Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- ANTIGEN SPECIFIC T CELL TOLERANCE BY ANTI CD3 ANTIBODIESClaudio Anasetti; Fiscal Year: 2012..Showing that non-FcR-binding anti-CD3 mAbs spare T cells specific for viral and tumor-associated antigens is key to predict patient safety. ..
- Estrogen Effects on Vascular Inflammation are Age and Hormone-Status DependentFadi Hage; Fiscal Year: 2013..for the pro-inflammatory effect of CRP, which is mediated via its interaction with the immunoglobulin G Fc receptors (Fc?Rs) on monocytes/macrophages...
- Protective Human Monoclonal Antibodies to HIV-1SUSAN B ZOLLA-PAZNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..These antibodies could also be used to develop products to treat HIV infection when used in conjunction with anti-retroviral drugs. ..
- Bifunctional antibodies with targeted CNS delivery against West Nile virusQiang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Renal Pathogenicity of Anti-DNA AntibodiesChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Development Structure and Function of Broadly Neutralizing anti-HIV AntibodiesJEFFREY VICTOR RAVETCH; Fiscal Year: 2013..functions by solving crystal structures of designed and natural bNAbs complexed with HIV Env proteins and Fc receptors;design and test immunogens for eliciting bNAbs...
- FcgRIIb protects fetus from allograft rejectionClark L Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..What function, then, does RIIb serve? One possibility is that villus endothelial Fc receptors serve to trap and eliminate maternal IgG antibodies provoked by and directed toward foreign (paternal) antigen ..
- Fc gamma RIIB and Inflammation-Related Vascular DiseasePhilip W Shaul; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Fc receptors (FcR) classically modulate responses to IgG in B cells and other effector cells in the immune system...
- Combination immunotherapy for neuroblastoma: model of innate tumor immunityShakeel Modak; Fiscal Year: 2013..Correlating donor-recipient KIR/HLA effects with outcome will clarify donor prioritization algorithms and provide prognostic value for future NK immunotherapy studies. ..
- Protective Effects of Anti-BclA Antibodies in Bacillus anthracis InfectionJUAN B RODRIGUEZ BARRANTES; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Oxygen as a master immunologic switchChristopher A Pennell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collectively, this knowledge will facilitate groundbreaking approaches to enhance the efficacy of immunotherapy for glioma and other non-central nervous system tumors. ..
- Antibodies to NR2 in SLEBetty Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2011..This application represents a multidisciplinary approach to build on a novel model for neuropsychiatric manifestations of lupus and a novel paradigm for antibody-mediated changes in cognition and behavior. ..
- The Role of Antibody-Mediated Protective Immunity Against Q feverGuoquan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..burnetii aerosol infection. ..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF RA SYNOVIOCYTE PHENOTYPELionel B Ivashkiv; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fibrinogen activates signaling via [unreadable]2 integrins and immune complexes ligate Fc receptors. This finding was surprising, as [unreadable]2 integrins and Fc receptors signal via immunoreceptor tyrosine-..
- IgM Fc receptor in CLLHiromi Kubagawa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Evidence supporting the central hypothesis will greatly improve the understanding of the pathogenesis of CLL and justify the future exploration of the effectiveness of targeting Fc[unreadable]R in CLL. ..
- Fc receptor targeted therapy for immune hemolytic anemiaPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2009..Project Description Page 6 ..
- Role of B-cells and CNS antibodies in modulating chronic microglial activationJames R Lokensgard; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on these preliminary findings, it is likely that antibodies present within the CNS, operating through Fc receptors, and persisting Breg cells influence neuroimmune activation...
- Function of Phospholipase Cgamma2 in RANKL-Induced OsteoclastogenesisYabing Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- An Advanced Model to Analyze CD4T Cel Reactions to Antibody and BCR V RegionsLawrence J Wysocki; Fiscal Year: 2012..Neoantigenic Ab peptides may also activate CD4 T cells at sites of Ab deposition where APC gather Ab through Fc receptors or surface lectins...
- Role of autoantibody isotype in pemphigus pathogenesisAimee S Payne; Fiscal Year: 2013..In IgA pemphigus, neutrophilic skin abscesses are caused by anti-Dsg IgA binding to leukocyte Fc receptors, and anti-Dsg IgE may cause eosinophilic forms of pemphigus by analogy...
- Absorption of maternal antibodies from the gastrointestinal tractLynn Puddington; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data challenge fundamental concepts in the basic understanding of the biology of FcRn, a molecular target with tremendous therapeutic potential to positively impact health in children and adults. ..
- Study of FcR Genes: Macrophages and LymphocytesJEFFREY VICTOR RAVETCH; Fiscal Year: 2013..These strains will be investigated for their ability to regulate FcgRIIB expression and for their interaction with other autoimmune susceptibility factors linked to human diseases. ..
- The Role of KIR and FcR Genotype in the Efficacy of mAb and IL2 ImmunotherapyPaul M Sondel; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of Macrophage Activation in Carotid Plaque InstabilityMichelle R Lennartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our data suggest that FcR signaling in involved in the development of unstable plaques. This research will determine the role of FcgR in plaque progression and rupture and provide novel targets for reducing heart attack and stroke. ..
- FASEB SRC on ImmunoreceptorsJENNIFER WOOF; Fiscal Year: 2012..emphasis on antigen receptors, adhesion molecules, complement receptors, immunoglobulin family receptors and Fc receptors. This theme has enormous relevance for the biopharmaceutical industry because very many new drugs reaching the ..
- Chimeric IgG/A Tumor ImmunotherapyKEITH WYCOFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our collaborators at the University of Pennsylvania will evaluate the ability of these recombinant antibodies to shrink HER2-expressing syngeneic tumors in transgenic mice expressing both HER2/neu and human Fc?RI. ..
- Human immunoglobulin Fc receptor functions in sarcoidosisJianming Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..the elevated immunoglobulins and immune complexes in the circulation and the altered expressions of IgG Fc receptors (Fc?Rs) on the immune cells are observed in sarcoidosis patients, suggesting that IgG immune complexes and ..
- Intestinal Immune Regulation by IgG and FcRnRichard S Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition to identifying new therapeutic targets for the treatment of IBD and a host of other inflammatory diseases, this research will provide a firm basis upon which to extend the opportunities for FcRn-targeted therapies. ..
- Fcgamma mediated regulation of dendritic cell functionKavita Dhodapkar; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The Function of FcRn in Liver and the Role of N-GlycansTimothy T Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Immunobiology and Pathogenesis of Pulmonary Tularemia (Metzger, PD)Dennis W Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2013..tularensis targeted to Fc receptors on lung antigen presenting cells or intranasal inoculation of an antioxidant mutant strain provides significant ..
- Study of FcR Genes: Macrophages and LymphocytesJEFFREY VICTOR RAVETCH; Fiscal Year: 2012b>Fc receptors for IgG (Fc?R) are essential for mediating the effector properties of IgGs in vivo, as well as regulating the afferent response through the engagement of immune complexes with B cells and dendritic cells...
- Regulation of Persistent Ab Responses by Fc ReceptorsTIMOTHY L MANSER; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Zona Pellucida: Immunopathologic StudyKenneth S K Tung; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our study will define many Treg functions relevant to many common human diseases such as: pemphigus vulgaris, IC disease (SLE), Sjogren's syndrome, APS1, gastritis, and male and female idiopathic infertility due to gonadal failure. ..
- Immunoglobulin as a novel ligand for HLA-DMElizabeth D Mellins; Fiscal Year: 2012..presenting cell types, such as macrophages and dendritic cells, that take up immune complexes via surface Fc receptors (FcR). These antigen/antibody complexes are also targeted to the endosomal pathway, where they encounter HLA-DM...
- Pathogenic Role of Islet Cell Autoantibodies in Type I DiabetesRaphael A Clynes; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Do peptide mimetics of gp41 improve antibody-epitope interactions?VINCENT JOSEPH VENDITTO; Fiscal Year: 2013..The chemically modified peptides that induce neutralizing antibodies in rabbits could provide a widely applicable epitope design strategy for the development of vaccines to a variety of infectious diseases including HIV. ..
- FcRn-targeted mucosal HIV vaccineXiaoping Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanism-based Changes in Anti-METH Monoclonal Antibody Therapy During PregnancyWILLIAM THOMAS ATCHLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Innate Immunity: Elucidation and Modulation for Cancer TherapyMichael A Caligiuri; Fiscal Year: 2013..The next 5 years of work will result in improved clinical outcome of cancer patients undergoing with mAb therapy. ..
- Therapeutic antibody to radiation inducible TIP1 activates immune effector cellsMarshall Michener; Fiscal Year: 2012..T cell response) based on opsonization of tumor cells by the anti-TIP-1 mAb and recognition of the Fc by Fc receptors on natural killer (NK) cells, dendritic cells (DC) and other cell types...
- Fc Receptor Signaling in Vaccine Design for the ElderlyBiao Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Fc receptors (FcR) link the humoral and cellular branches of the immune system and have crucial functions in the activation ..
- Mechanistic studies of FcRn inhibitors for the treatment of IgG-mediated diseasesELIZABETH SALLY WARD; Fiscal Year: 2012..We seek funds to carry out mechanistic and efficacy studies in mouse models that are a prerequisite to the use of these reagents to treat human disease. ..
- Immunomodulatory mechanism of volatile anestheticsKoichi Yuki; Fiscal Year: 2013..Subsequently, our experimental results will provide insight into the underlying mechanism of volatile anesthetics-induced immunomodulation. ..
- Modeling FCRL6 regulation and function in transgenic miceRandall S Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will also facilitate the development of new targeted therapeutic interventions for modulating this interaction and effector lymphocyte function that are relevant to many human diseases. ..
- INTESTINAL & PLACENTAL FC-RECEPTORS FOR IMMUNOGLOBULINNeil Simister; Fiscal Year: 2000..Lastly, the proposed work almost completes the studies that follow directly from the discovery by the P.I. of MHC class I-related FcRs, and additional time will be essential to consider and plan future research directions. ..
- Antibody mediated intracellular bacterial eliminationGary Winslow; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary studies have determined that Fc receptors for IgG are critical for antibody effectiveness, and that antibodies do not block bacterial adhesion or entry ..
- Recombinant Fc receptor therapeutics for systemic lupus erythematosusPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2010..affinity of Fc3Rs, which necessitates the administration of physiologically unattainable levels of recombinant Fc receptors. Furthermore, the high level of circulating IgG immediately will neutralize the action of high affinity ..
- IGA FC RECEPTORSJULIA PHILLIPS QUAGLIATA; Fiscal Year: 1993..5) To establish whether the receptor plays a physiological role in the function of the cells...
- LIGAND BONDING FORCE AND CELL ADHESION BY CD16 ISOFORMSCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 1999..The proposed research will contribute to our understanding as to how the membrane anchor of Fc receptors affects their properties, their interactions with ligands, and the ability of such interactions to induce ..
- Ligand Binding Kinetics and Cell Adhesion by Fc ReceptorCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2005..It may also provide guidance to the development of Fc-gamma-R- based drugs for treatment of inflammatory disorders and auto-immune diseases. ..
- HUMAN NEUTROPHIL RC-RECEPTOR-MEDIATED PHAGOCYTOSISHattie Gresham; Fiscal Year: 1990..mediators and intracellular enzymes in response to the binding of IgG containing immune complexes to PMN Fc receptors. The transmembrane signals that trigger ingestion of these complexes, lysosomal enzyme release, and/or ..
- Development of an anti-PSA IgE to treat prostate cancerBirgit Schultes; Fiscal Year: 2009....