Genomes and Genes
Summary: Seven-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptors for alpha-chemokines. They also function as fusion cofactors for T-cell-tropic HIV-1 strains.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Involvement of chemokine receptors in breast cancer metastasisA Muller
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nature 410:50-6. 2001..Our findings indicate that chemokines and their receptors have a critical role in determining the metastatic destination of tumour cells...
- Stromal fibroblasts present in invasive human breast carcinomas promote tumor growth and angiogenesis through elevated SDF-1/CXCL12 secretionAkira Orimo
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Cell 121:335-48. 2005..Our findings indicate that fibroblasts within invasive breast carcinomas contribute to tumor promotion in large part through the secretion of SDF-1...
- Progenitor cell trafficking is regulated by hypoxic gradients through HIF-1 induction of SDF-1Daniel J Ceradini
Laboratory of Microvascular Research and Vascular Tissue Engineering, Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Nat Med 10:858-64. 2004..These data show that the recruitment of CXCR4-positive progenitor cells to regenerating tissues is mediated by hypoxic gradients via HIF-1-induced expression of SDF-1...
- Identification of a major co-receptor for primary isolates of HIV-1H Deng
Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, 10016, USA
Nature 381:661-6. 1996..The principal cofactor for entry mediated by the envelope glycoproteins of primary macrophage-tropic strains of HIV-1 is CC-CKR-5, a receptor for the beta-chemokines RANTES, MIP-1alpha and MIP-1beta...
- A novel chemokine receptor for SDF-1 and I-TAC involved in cell survival, cell adhesion, and tumor developmentJennifer M Burns
ChemoCentryx, Inc, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
J Exp Med 203:2201-13. 2006....
- CXCR4: a key receptor in the crosstalk between tumor cells and their microenvironmentJan A Burger
Department of Leukemia, Unit 428, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, PO Box 301402, Houston, TX 77230 1402, USA
Blood 107:1761-7. 2006..As such, CXCR4 antagonists, although initially developed for treatment of AIDS, actually may become effective agents for the treatment of neoplastic disease...
- HIV-1 entry cofactor: functional cDNA cloning of a seven-transmembrane, G protein-coupled receptorY Feng
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 272:872-7. 1996..Fusin messenger RNA levels correlated with HIV-1 permissiveness in diverse human cell types. Fusin acted preferentially for T cell line-tropic isolates, in comparison to its activity with macrophagetropic HIV-1 isolates...
- Function of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in haematopoiesis and in cerebellar developmentY R Zou
Division of Molecular Pathogenesis, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Nature 393:595-9. 1998..These results may be important for designing strategies to block HIV entry into cells and for understanding mechanisms of pathogenesis in AIDS dementia...
- Use of the stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 pathway in prostate cancer metastasis to boneRussell S Taichman
Department of Periodontics, Prevention, and Geriatrics, and the Center for Biorestoration of Oral Health, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
Cancer Res 62:1832-7. 2002..Collectively, these results suggest that prostate cancers and perhaps other neoplasms may use the SDF-1/CXCR4 pathway to spread to bone...
- CXCR4-SDF-1 signalling, locomotion, chemotaxis and adhesionMagda Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Mol Histol 35:233-45. 2004..In this review, we focus on a role of the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis in regulating the metastatic behaviour of tumour cells and discuss the molecular mechanisms that are essential to this process...
- Maintenance of the hematopoietic stem cell pool by CXCL12-CXCR4 chemokine signaling in bone marrow stromal cell nichesTatsuki Sugiyama
Department of Medical Systems Control, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Immunity 25:977-88. 2006..CXCL12-CXCR4 signaling plays an essential role in maintaining the quiescent HSC pool, and CAR cells appear to be a key component of HSC niches, including both vascular and endosteal niches in adult bone marrow...
- Improved coreceptor usage prediction and genotypic monitoring of R5-to-X4 transition by motif analysis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 env V3 loop sequencesMark A Jensen
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 8070, USA
J Virol 77:13376-88. 2003..We found that X4 viruses were lost in two ways: by the dying off of an established X4 lineage or by mutation back to low-scoring V3 loops...
- How do stem cells find their way home?Tsvee Lapidot
Weizmann Institute of Science, Department of Immunology, PO Box 26, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
Blood 106:1901-10. 2005..This review is focused on mechanisms and key regulators of human stem cell homing to the BM in experimental animal models and clinical transplantation protocols...
- Coreceptor usage of primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolates varies according to biological phenotypeA Bjorndal
Microbiology and Tumorbiology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Virol 71:7478-87. 1997..The results show that all 36 primary HIV-1 isolates induce syncytia, provided that target cells carry the particular coreceptor required by the virus...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is essential for vascularization of the gastrointestinal tractK Tachibana
Department of Immunology, Research Institute, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Japan
Nature 393:591-4. 1998..We conclude that PBSF/SDF-1 and CXCR4 define a new signalling system for organ vascularization...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 downregulated by von Hippel-Lindau tumour suppressor pVHLPeter Staller
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nature 425:307-11. 2003....
- G-CSF induces stem cell mobilization by decreasing bone marrow SDF-1 and up-regulating CXCR4Isabelle Petit
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Nat Immunol 3:687-94. 2002..We suggest that manipulation of SDF-1 CXCR4 interactions may be a means with which to control the navigation of progenitors between the BM and blood to improve the outcome of clinical stem cell transplantation...
- The significance of cancer cell expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4Fran Balkwill
Translational Oncology Laboratory, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s Medical School, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Semin Cancer Biol 14:171-9. 2004..However CXCR4 plays major roles in embryogenesis, homeostasis and inflammation. This raises questions concerning the specificity of CXCR4 antagonists in the treatment of cancer...
- Trafficking of normal stem cells and metastasis of cancer stem cells involve similar mechanisms: pivotal role of the SDF-1-CXCR4 axisMagda Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Stem Cells 23:879-94. 2005....
- Upregulation of CXCR4 is essential for HER2-mediated tumor metastasisYan M Li
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Cell 6:459-69. 2004..These results provide a plausible mechanism for HER2-mediated breast tumor metastasis and establish a functional link between HER2 and CXCR4 signaling pathways...
- NF-kappaB promotes breast cancer cell migration and metastasis by inducing the expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4Gregory Helbig
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 278:21631-8. 2003..Taken together, these results implicate NF-kappaB in the migration and the organ-specific homing of metastatic breast cancer cells...
- Silencing of CXCR4 blocks breast cancer metastasisZhongxing Liang
Department of Hematology Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, 1701 Uppergate Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cancer Res 65:967-71. 2005..Moreover, our studies confirm the necessity of CXCR4 in breast cancer metastasis...
- Chemokines acting via CXCR2 and CXCR4 control the release of neutrophils from the bone marrow and their return following senescenceCoralie Martin
Leukocyte Biology Section, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Immunity 19:583-93. 2003....
- Stromal cell derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12 attenuates diabetes in mice and promotes pancreatic beta-cell survival by activation of the prosurvival kinase AktTatsuya Yano
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Diabetes 56:2946-57. 2007..We determined whether stromal cell-derived factor (SDF)-1/CXCL12 and its receptor, CX chemokine receptor (CXCR)4, are important for the survival of beta-cells...
- CXCR4 regulates growth of both primary and metastatic breast cancerMatthew C P Smith
Molecular Imaging Center, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Cancer Res 64:8604-12. 2004..These data indicate that CXCR4 is required to initiate proliferation and/or promote survival of breast cancer cells in vivo and suggest that CXCR4 inhibitors will improve treatment of patients with primary and metastatic breast cancer...
- Regulation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 by hypoxiaTiziana Schioppa
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milan, Italy
J Exp Med 198:1391-402. 2003..In a relay multistep navigation process, the Hyp-Hyp-inducible factor 1 alpha-CXCR4 pathway may regulate trafficking in and out of hypoxic tissue microenvironments...
- A coordinated change in chemokine responsiveness guides plasma cell movementsD C Hargreaves
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 194:45-56. 2001..Our findings indicate that as B cells differentiate into plasma cells they undergo a coordinated change in chemokine responsiveness that regulates their movements in secondary lymphoid organs and promotes lodgment within the bone marrow...
- Solution structure and basis for functional activity of stromal cell-derived factor-1; dissociation of CXCR4 activation from binding and inhibition of HIV-1M P Crump
Protein Engineering Network of Centers of Excellence PENCE and Department of Biochemistry, 713 Heritage Medical Research Center, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
EMBO J 16:6996-7007. 1997..Activation of the receptor is not required for HIV-1 inhibition...
- Current understanding of stem cell mobilization: the roles of chemokines, proteolytic enzymes, adhesion molecules, cytokines, and stromal cellsTsvee Lapidot
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Exp Hematol 30:973-81. 2002..Furthermore, the central role of this chemokine in stem cell homing to the bone marrow as well as retention of undifferentiated cells within this tissue will also be discussed...
- Role of high expression levels of CXCR4 in tumor growth, vascularization, and metastasisMerav Darash-Yahana
Goldyne Savad Institute of Gene Therapy, HBRC, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
FASEB J 18:1240-2. 2004..Thus high levels of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 induce a more aggressive phenotype in prostate cancer cells and identify CXCR4 as a potential therapeutic target in advanced cases of metastatic prostate cancer...
- Germinal center dark and light zone organization is mediated by CXCR4 and CXCR5Christopher D C Allen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0414, USA
Nat Immunol 5:943-52. 2004..In contrast, CXCR5 helped direct cells to the light zone and deficiency in CXCL13 was associated with aberrant light zone localization...
- Guidance of primordial germ cell migration by the chemokine SDF-1Maria Doitsidou
Germ Cell Development, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077, Gottingen, Germany
Cell 111:647-59. 2002..Finally, we show that the PGCs can be attracted toward an ectopic source of the chemokine, strongly suggesting that this molecule provides a key directional cue for the PGCs...
- N-linked glycosylation of the HIV type-1 gp120 envelope glycoprotein as a major determinant of CCR5 and CXCR4 coreceptor utilizationG Pollakis
Department of Human Retrovirology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 276:13433-41. 2001..These results demonstrate that the N-linked glycosylation pattern of the HIV-1 envelope can strongly influence viral coreceptor utilization and the R5 to X4 switch...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 coreceptor switching: V1/V2 gain-of-fitness mutations compensate for V3 loss-of-fitness mutationsC Pastore
The Scripps Research Institute, Dept of Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Virol 80:750-8. 2006..HIV-1 envelope sequence evolution from CCR5 to CXCR4 use is constrained by relatively frequent lethal mutations, deep fitness valleys, and requirements to make the right amino acid substitution in the right place at the right time...
- Control of cell migration in the development of the posterior lateral line: antagonistic interactions between the chemokine receptors CXCR4 and CXCR7/RDC1Christine Dambly-Chaudière
Lab of Neurogenetics INSERM U881, Montpellier, France
BMC Dev Biol 7:23. 2007..sdf1a is expressed along the path of migration. There is no evidence for a gradient of sdf1a expression, however, and the origin of the directionality of migration is not known...
- Cells expressing early cardiac markers reside in the bone marrow and are mobilized into the peripheral blood after myocardial infarctionMagda Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program, University of Louisville, Louisville, Ken 40202, USA
Circ Res 95:1191-9. 2004..The present findings provide a novel paradigm that could reconcile current controversies and a rationale for investigating the use of BM-derived cardiac progenitors for myocardial regeneration...
- CCR7 and CXCR4 as novel biomarkers predicting axillary lymph node metastasis in T1 breast cancerNeslihan Cabioglu
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5686-93. 2005..We therefore studied the differential expression of CCR7 and CXCR4, along with that of the biomarker HER2-neu, to evaluate whether these biomarkers could predict axillary lymph node metastasis in breast cancer...
- The stromal derived factor-1/CXCL12-CXC chemokine receptor 4 biological axis in non-small cell lung cancer metastasesRoderick J Phillips
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 90024, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:1676-86. 2003..These data suggest that the CXCL12-CXCR4 biological axis is involved in regulating the metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer...
- The role of CXCR4 in maintaining peripheral B cell compartments and humoral immunityYuchun Nie
Dept of Microbiology, Columbia University, 701 West 168th St, HHSC 1406, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Exp Med 200:1145-56. 2004..These findings establish an important role for CXCR4 in regulating homeostasis of B cell compartmentalization and humoral immunity...
- Role of the CXCL12/CXCR4 axis in peritoneal carcinomatosis of gastric cancerKazuo Yasumoto
Division of Surgical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Japan corrected
Cancer Res 66:2181-7. 2006..Thus, CXCR4 may be a potential therapeutic target for peritoneal carcinomatosis of gastric carcinoma...
- The bicyclam AMD3100 storyErik De Clercq
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nat Rev Drug Discov 2:581-7. 2003..Here, I describe the development process of AMD3100, which began about 15 years ago with the isolation of an impurity, and the basis for the clinical application of AMD3100 and its congeners...
- A zebrafish homologue of the chemokine receptor Cxcr4 is a germ-cell guidance receptorHolger Knaut
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Abteilung III Genetik, Spemannstrasse 35, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Nature 421:279-82. 2003....
- Tyrosine sulfation of the amino terminus of CCR5 facilitates HIV-1 entryM Farzan
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 96:667-76. 1999..CXCR4, another important HIV-1 coreceptor, is also sulfated. Tyrosine sulfation may contribute to the natural function of many 7TMS receptors and may be a modification common to primate immunodeficiency virus coreceptors...
- Mutual, reciprocal SDF-1/CXCR4 interactions between hematopoietic and bone marrow stromal cells regulate human stem cell migration and development in NOD/SCID chimeric miceAyelet Dar
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel
Exp Hematol 34:967-75. 2006..Moreover, the role and the dynamic modulations of this ligand and its receptor in alarm and pathologic conditions will be discussed as well...
- Reduced maximal inhibition in phenotypic susceptibility assays indicates that viral strains resistant to the CCR5 antagonist maraviroc utilize inhibitor-bound receptor for entryMike Westby
Globel Research and Development, Pfizer Ltd, Sandwich Labs, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ, United Kingdom
J Virol 81:2359-71. 2007..This hypothesis was further corroborated by the observation that a high concentration of maraviroc blocks the activity of aplaviroc against maraviroc-resistant virus...
- HIV envelope-CXCR4 signaling activates cofilin to overcome cortical actin restriction in resting CD4 T cellsAlyson Yoder
Department of Molecular and Microbiology, George Mason University, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Cell 134:782-92. 2008..Conversely, induction of active cofilin greatly facilitates it. These findings shed light on viral exploitation of cellular machinery in resting T cells, where chemokine receptor signaling becomes obligatory...
- Expression pattern of CXC chemokine receptor-4 is correlated with lymph node metastasis in human invasive ductal carcinomaMasahiro Kato
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Breast Cancer Res 5:R144-50. 2003..Recent studies have suggested that CXCR4 is expressed in certain cancer cells and that they use this chemokine receptor efficiently for metastasis formation...
- The CXC chemokine SDF-1 is the ligand for LESTR/fusin and prevents infection by T-cell-line-adapted HIV-1E Oberlin
Unite d Immunologie Virale, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Nature 382:833-5. 1996....
- Diverse signaling pathways through the SDF-1/CXCR4 chemokine axis in prostate cancer cell lines leads to altered patterns of cytokine secretion and angiogenesisJianhua Wang
Department of Periodontics, Prevention and Geriatrics, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1011 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, United States
Cell Signal 17:1578-92. 2005..Taken together, our results provide new information regarding expression of functional CXCR4 receptor-an essential role and potential mechanism of angiogenesis upon SDF-1 stimulation...
- Characterization of the molecular pharmacology of AMD3100: a specific antagonist of the G-protein coupled chemokine receptor, CXCR4Simon P Fricker
AnorMED Inc, 200 20353 64th Avenue, Langley, BC V2Y 1N5, Canada
Biochem Pharmacol 72:588-96. 2006..These data therefore demonstrate that AMD3100 is a specific antagonist of CXCR4, is not cross-reactive with other chemokine receptors, and is not an agonist of CXCR4...
- The CCR5 and CXCR4 coreceptors--central to understanding the transmission and pathogenesis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionJohn P Moore
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:111-26. 2004..We will also review what might happen when coreceptor antagonists are used clinically to treat HIV-1 infection...
- Embryonic expression and function of the chemokine SDF-1 and its receptor, CXCR4K E McGrath
Department of Pediatrics and Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, 14642, USA
Dev Biol 213:442-56. 1999..Migration occurred with an optimum dose similar to that found for adult hematopoietic cells and was dependent on the presence of SDF-1 in a gradient. This work suggests roles for chemokine signaling in multiple embryogenic events...
- R5 and X4 HIV envelopes induce distinct gene expression profiles in primary peripheral blood mononuclear cellsClaudia Cicala
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:3746-51. 2006..Additionally, signaling by R5 gp120 may facilitate the transmission of R5 viruses by inducing a permissive environment for HIV replication...
- Identification and localization of the cytokine SDF1 and its receptor, CXC chemokine receptor 4, to regions of necrosis and angiogenesis in human glioblastomaS A Rempel
Henry Ford Midwest Neuro Oncology Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Clin Cancer Res 6:102-11. 2000....
- Inhibition of breast cancer metastasis by selective synthetic polypeptide against CXCR4Zhongxing Liang
Department of Hematology Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer Res 64:4302-8. 2004....
- Recruitment of HIV and its receptors to dendritic cell-T cell junctionsDavid McDonald
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Science 300:1295-7. 2003..We propose that contact between dendritic cells and T cells facilitates transmission of HIV by locally concentrating virus, receptor, and coreceptor during the formation of an infectious synapse...
- The HIV coreceptor switch: a population dynamical perspectiveRoland R Regoes
Department of Biology, Emory University, 1510 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Trends Microbiol 13:269-77. 2005....
- Expression of CXC chemokine receptor-4 enhances the pulmonary metastatic potential of murine B16 melanoma cellsTakashi Murakami
Dermatology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 62:7328-34. 2002..Thus, CXCR4 plays a potentially important role in promoting organ-selective metastasis, possibly by stimulating tumor adhesion to microvascular endothelial cells and by enhancing the growth of tumor cells under stress...
- SDF-1/CXCL12 enhances survival and chemotaxis of murine embryonic stem cells and production of primitive and definitive hematopoietic progenitor cellsYing Guo
Department of Microbiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1044 West Walnut Street, R4 302, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Stem Cells 23:1324-32. 2005..These results demonstrate functional activities of SDF-1/CXCL12 on survival, chemotaxis, and hematopoietic differentiation of murine ESCs that may be relevant for their ex vivo manipulation...
- Mutations in the chemokine receptor gene CXCR4 are associated with WHIM syndrome, a combined immunodeficiency diseasePaolo A Hernandez
Department of Human Genetics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Genet 34:70-4. 2003....
- Possible role of stromal-cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 signaling on lymph node metastasis of oral squamous cell carcinomaDaisuke Uchida
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, 3 18 15 Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Exp Cell Res 290:289-302. 2003..These results indicate that SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling may be involved in the establishment of lymph node metastasis in oral SCC via activation of both ERK1/2 and Akt/PKB induced by SFKs...
- Chemokine requirements for B cell entry to lymph nodes and Peyer's patchesTakaharu Okada
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 196:65-75. 2002..These findings establish the principal chemokine and chemokine receptor requirements for B cell entry to lymph nodes and Peyer's patches...
- CXCR4 chemokine receptor and integrin signaling co-operate in mediating adhesion and chemoresistance in small cell lung cancer (SCLC) cellsTanja N Hartmann
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Freiburg University Hospital, Hugstetterstr 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Oncogene 24:4462-71. 2005..SCLC cells express high levels of functional CXCR4 receptors for the chemokine stromal-cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1/CXCL12)...
- CXCR4 antagonist inhibits stromal cell-derived factor 1-induced migration and invasion of human pancreatic cancerTomohiko Mori
Department of Surgery and Surgical Basic Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 3:29-37. 2004..Taken together, SDF-1/CXCR4 axis is involved in pancreatic cancer metastasis through migration and invasion. The small molecule antagonists against CXCR4 such as TN14003 might be an effective anti-metastatic agent for pancreatic cancer...
- CXCR4 regulates interneuron migration in the developing neocortexRalf K Stumm
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Otto von Guericke University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:5123-30. 2003..Thus, our findings suggest that SDF-1, which is highly expressed in the embryonic leptomeninx, selectively regulates migration and layer-specific integration of CXCR4-expressing interneurons during neocortical development...
- WHIM syndromes with different genetic anomalies are accounted for by impaired CXCR4 desensitization to CXCL12Karl Balabanian
Unite d Immunologie Virale, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris, France
Blood 105:2449-57. 2005..We propose that the sustained CXCR4 activity in patient cells accounts for the immune-hematologic clinical manifestations and the profusion of warts characteristic of the WHIM syndrome...
- Chemokine receptors as HIV-1 coreceptors: roles in viral entry, tropism, and diseaseE A Berger
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 17:657-700. 1999..Beyond providing new perspectives on fundamental aspects of HIV-1 transmission and pathogenesis, the coreceptors suggest new avenues for developing novel therapeutic and preventative strategies to combat the AIDS epidemic...
- The lymphocyte chemoattractant SDF-1 is a ligand for LESTR/fusin and blocks HIV-1 entryC C Bleul
The Center for Blood Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 382:829-33. 1996....
- Modulation of hematopoietic stem cell homing and engraftment by CD26Kent W Christopherson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Science 305:1000-3. 2004..These results suggest that hematopoietic stem cell engraftment is not absolute, as previously suggested, and indicate that improvement of bone marrow transplant efficiency may be possible in the clinic...
- Emergence of CXCR4-using human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) variants in a minority of HIV-1-infected patients following treatment with the CCR5 antagonist maraviroc is from a pretreatment CXCR4-using virus reservoirMike Westby
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Sandwich, United Kingdom
J Virol 80:4909-20. 2006..Importantly, in all three patients, circulating virus reverted to predominantly CCR5 tropic following cessation of maraviroc...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a murine pre-B-cell growth-stimulating factor/stromal cell-derived factor 1 receptor, a murine homolog of the human immunodeficiency virus 1 entry coreceptor fusinT Nagasawa
Department of Immunology, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:14726-9. 1996..Thus, PB-CKR will be an important tool for functional mapping of HIV-1 entry coreceptor fusin and for understanding the function of PBSF/SDF-1 further...
- Membrane raft microdomains mediate lateral assemblies required for HIV-1 infectionS Manes
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Madrid, Spain
EMBO Rep 1:190-6. 2000..These results indicate a general mechanism for HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein-mediated fusion by reorganization of membrane microdomains in the target cell, and offer new strategies for preventing HIV-1 infection...
- The chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 regulates the migration of sensory neuron progenitorsAbdelhak Belmadani
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 25:3995-4003. 2005..Furthermore, DRGs contained a population of progenitor cells that expressed CXCR4 receptors in vitro and differentiated into neurons with a similar phenotype...
- Fibrocytes are a potential source of lung fibroblasts in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisAnnika Andersson-Sjöland
Department of Clinical Medical Science, Division of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Lund University, Sweden
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2129-40. 2008..41; p<0.04). These findings indicate that circulating fibrocytes, likely recruited through the CXCR4/CXCL12 axis, may contribute to the expansion of the fibroblast/myofibroblast population in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis...
- Leukocyte elastase negatively regulates Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 binding and functions by amino-terminal processing of SDF-1 and CXCR4Agustin Valenzuela-Fernandez
Unite d Immunologie Virale, INSERM U485 de l Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Biol Chem 277:15677-89. 2002..Our findings suggest that elastase-mediated proteolysis of SDF-1/CXCR4 is part of a mechanism regulating their biological functions in both homeostatic and pathologic processes...
- CXC chemokine receptor-4 antagonist blocks both growth of primary tumor and metastasis of head and neck cancer in xenograft mouse modelsYounghyoun Yoon
Department of Hematology Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer Res 67:7518-24. 2007..injected. 686LN-Ms cells failed to metastasize in the CXCR4 antagonist-treated group, whereas they metastasized to the lungs in the control group. Our data indicate that CXCR4 is an important target to inhibit tumor progression in SCCHN...
- Regulation of endothelial cell branching morphogenesis by endogenous chemokine stromal-derived factor-1Ombretta Salvucci
Experimental Transplantation and Immunology Branch and the Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 99:2703-11. 2002..These results indicate that SDF-1/CXCR-4 identifies VEGF- and bFGF-regulated autocrine signaling systems that are essential regulators of endothelial cell morphogenesis and angiogenesis...
- A preponderance of CCR5(+) CXCR4(+) mononuclear cells enhances gastrointestinal mucosal susceptibility to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionM A Poles
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, UCLA Center for HIV and Digestive Diseases, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 75:8390-9. 2001..We conclude that, based on these findings, the gastrointestinal mucosa represents a favored target for HIV-1, in part due to its large population of CXCR4(+) CCR5(+) target cells and not to differences in the virus that it contains...
- Pulmonary stromal-derived factor-1 expression and effect on neutrophil recruitment during acute lung injuryJoseph M Petty
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 149 Beaumont Avenue, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Immunol 178:8148-57. 2007....
- Up-regulation of CXC chemokines and their receptors: implications for proinflammatory microenvironments of ovarian carcinomas and endometriosisMitsuko Furuya
Department of Molecular Pathology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Hum Pathol 38:1676-87. 2007....
- Leukocyte analysis from WHIM syndrome patients reveals a pivotal role for GRK3 in CXCR4 signalingKarl Balabanian
INSERM U819, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 118:1074-84. 2008..Taken together, these results have revealed a pivotal role for GRK3 in regulating CXCR4 attenuation and have provided a mechanistic link between the GRK3 pathway and the CXCR4-related WHIM(WT) disorder...
- Inhibition of CXCR4-mediated breast cancer metastasis: a potential role for heparinoids?James R Harvey
Breast Research Group, School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 13:1562-70. 2007..This study was designed to test the hypothesis that soluble heparinoid glycosaminoglycan molecules can disrupt the normal response to CXCL12, thereby reducing the metastasis of CXCR4-expressing cancer cells...
- CXCR4 up-regulation by imatinib induces chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) cell migration to bone marrow stroma and promotes survival of quiescent CML cellsLinhua Jin
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 7:48-58. 2008..Altogether, these findings suggest that the up-regulation of CXCR4 by imatinib promotes migration of CML cells to bone marrow stroma, causing the G0-G1 cell cycle arrest and hence ensuring the survival of quiescent CML progenitor cells...
- The essential roles of the chemokine SDF-1 and its receptor CXCR4 in human stem cell homing and repopulation of transplanted immune-deficient NOD/SCID and NOD/SCID/B2m(null) miceT Lapidot
Dept of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Leukemia 16:1992-2003. 2002..In particular, the essential roles of the chemokine SDF-1 and its receptor CXCR4 which mediate and regulate stem cell homing and repopulation will be discussed...
- Circulating fibrocytes traffic to the lungs in response to CXCL12 and mediate fibrosisRoderick J Phillips
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Invest 114:438-46. 2004..Thus, our results demonstrate, we believe for the first time, that circulating fibrocytes contribute to the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis...
- A dual-tropic primary HIV-1 isolate that uses fusin and the beta-chemokine receptors CKR-5, CKR-3, and CKR-2b as fusion cofactorsB J Doranz
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Cell 85:1149-58. 1996....
- Incorporation of CXCR4 into membrane lipid rafts primes homing-related responses of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells to an SDF-1 gradientMarcin Wysoczynski
Stem Cell Biology Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Blood 105:40-8. 2005....
- Involvement of chemokine receptors in organ-specific metastasisAlbert Zlotnik
Department of Molecular Medicine, Neurocrine Biosciences, San Diego, Calif 92130, USA
Contrib Microbiol 13:191-9. 2006..The potential therapeutic importance of these observations depends on the role that each metastatic destination such as liver, lung, bone marrow, etc., plays in the prognosis of a cancer patient...
- Role of chemokines in angiogenesis: CXCL12/SDF-1 and CXCR4 interaction, a key regulator of endothelial cell responsesRosalba Salcedo
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Microcirculation 10:359-70. 2003....
- Dependence of human stem cell engraftment and repopulation of NOD/SCID mice on CXCR4A Peled
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Science 283:845-8. 1999..Thus, up-regulation of CXCR4 expression may be useful for improving engraftment of repopulating stem cells in clinical transplantation...
- Generalised reduction of putative endothelial progenitors and CXCR4-positive peripheral blood cells in type 2 diabetesC G Egan
Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena, Via A Moro, 53100, Siena, Italy
Diabetologia 51:1296-305. 2008..Since expression of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 (CXCR4) has been associated with mobilisation and recruitment of progenitor cells, CXCR4 expression was also analysed...
- CXCR4 antagonists: targeting the microenvironment in leukemia and other cancersJ A Burger
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1402, USA
Leukemia 23:43-52. 2009..Here, we summarize the development of CXCR4 antagonists and their preclinical and clinical activities, focusing on leukemia and other cancers...
- The AMD3100 story: the path to the discovery of a stem cell mobilizer (Mozobil)Erik De Clercq
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Biochem Pharmacol 77:1655-64. 2009....
- SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis is instrumental in neointimal hyperplasia and recruitment of smooth muscle progenitor cellsAlma Zernecke
Department of Molecular Cardiovascular Research, University Hospital, Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany
Circ Res 96:784-91. 2005....
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 2Jacqueline D Reeves
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania, 301 Johnson Pavilion, 3610 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Gen Virol 83:1253-65. 2002
- Increased circulating fibrocytes in asthma with chronic airflow obstructionChun Hua Wang
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 199 Tun Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:583-91. 2008..We hypothesized that this effect may result from increased activity of circulating fibroblast-like progenitor cells (fibrocytes) that could home to the airway mucosal wall...
- Rapid mobilization of functional donor hematopoietic cells without G-CSF using AMD3100, an antagonist of the CXCR4/SDF-1 interactionSteven M Devine
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Blood 112:990-8. 2008..This trial was registered as no. NCT00241358 at www.ClinicalTrials.gov...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 expression in colorectal cancer patients increases the risk for recurrence and for poor survivalJoseph Kim
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, 2200 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2744-53. 2005..Our hypothesis was that the chemokine receptor CXCR4 expressed by CRC is a prognostic factor for poor disease outcome...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha/CXCL12) stimulates ovarian cancer cell growth through the EGF receptor transactivationCarola Porcile
Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, Section of Pharmacology, University of Genoa, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10 16132 Genova, Italy
Exp Cell Res 308:241-53. 2005..These results suggest a possible important "cross-talk" between SDF-1/CXCR4 and EGFR intracellular pathways that may link signals of cell proliferation in ovarian cancer...
- Human melanoma metastases express functional CXCR4Stefania Scala
Department of Clinical Immunology, National Cancer Institute, G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:2427-33. 2006..The chemokine receptor CXCR4 was identified as an independent predictor of poor prognosis in primary melanoma. The aim of the study was to investigate the role of CXCR4 in human melanoma metastases...
- Peptides trap the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope glycoprotein fusion intermediate at two sitesYong He
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 77:1666-71. 2003..These results indicate that there are two distinct sites in receptor-activated Env that are potential targets for drug or vaccine development...
- Structural Basis for Chemokine FunctionBrian F Volkman; Fiscal Year: 2013..New inhibitors and variants of SDF developed in this project will likely find application as diagnostic and therapeutic agents in a wide range of human diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer and multiple sclerosis. ..
- Inhibiting Mucosal HIV-1 Transmission by Host Cell RNA InterferenceAlexandra L Howell; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, APC also express CD4, CCR5, and CXCR4 receptors and can become productively infected with HIV-1...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of gp120 neurotoxicityItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2012..Overall, we expect to provide new significant data that help in the design of adjunct therapies against synaptic simplifications caused by HIV. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and Spinal Cord InjuryLinda J Noble; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Oncolytic Viruses with Therapeutic Genes in the Treatment of Breast CancerDANUTA B KOZBOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that understanding the activation of inflammatory cells can be used for enhancing the effectiveness of OV therapeutics for treatment of the highly aggressive tumors. ..
- Biliary Epithelial Cell-derived SDF-1a in Hepatic Fibrogenesis and InflammationYedidya Saiman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results from this proposal will help us understand the molecular basis of the fibrotic liver and reveal the feasibility modulating of the SDF-11/CXCR4 axis as an anti-fibrotic strategy. ..
- Peptide-based nanoparticle inhibition of CCR3-mediated inflammatory cell recruitmVadim V Gaponenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..X4-2-6, a transmembrane helical peptide analog that includes the extracellular loop 1, targets CXCR4 receptors for inhibition of HIV entry and breast cancer metastasis...
- Stem cells in liver regeneration: fusion or plasticityBryon E Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will utilize these mechanisms to facilitate the repopulation of diseased liver with stem cells that will generate healthy tissue. It is our hope that a similar therapy may someday be used as an alternative to liver transplant. ..
- Imaging and targeting metastatic diseaseSridhar Nimmagadda; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Pathogenesis and Therapy of HIV-Related Neuropathic PainShuanglin Hao; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: proposal will investigate the mechanism of HIV-related neuropathic pain. The study may provide a new approach to treatment of HIV-related pain. ..
- BICARBONATE TRANSPORT BY THE MATURING RENAL TUBULEGeorge J Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of these studies are likely to change our understanding of acid-base physiology and elicit new mechanisms for heretofore unexplained causes of distal renal tubular acidosis. ..
- CXCR4-Vagal Tone and Gastric motilityRichard C Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2013..a central hypothesis: that SDF1 generated within the CNS causes gastrointestinal dysfunction via action on CXCR4 receptors on neuronal elements of the gastric vago-vagal reflex control circuitry in the dorsal medulla...
- Targeting the CXCL12/CXCR4 Axis towards the Therapy of Metastatic CancersRongshi Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we will assess the in vivo efficacy of optimized compounds using animal models for CXCR4-directed metastatic cancer as described in our recent publication in PNAS. This is a key prerequisite for PAR-12-060. ..
- Quantifying Changes in Neural Stem Cell Lineages in the Aging NicheSally Temple; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Cajal-Retzius Cells and Neuronal Signaling in Postnatal Cortical NetworksGianmaria Maccaferri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both cell types are a rich source of the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1), whose CXCR4 receptors are abundantly expressed by hippocampal Cajal-Retzius cells...
- Stabilization of CXCR4 and its complexes for high resolution structural studiesQINGHAI contact ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..CXCR4 is also involved in important physiological process and have been implicated in a number of diseases such as cancer and availability of its structure will likewise have important biomedical implications. ..
- Bone marrow derived neural stem cell therapy for gliomaJohn S Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013..AIM 3: Test the hypothesis that CSC invasion to the tumor vascular niche is CXCR4 dependent. Test the hypothesis that BM-NSCs and CSCs co-localize within the glioma vascular niche in a spontaneous transgenic murine model of glioma. ..
- Chemokine Antagonist, Opioid Medication and HIV gp120Khalid Benamar; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ultimately, these studies may provide a rational basis for a therapeutic strategy that targets simultaneously the HIV infection and related pain. ! ! ..
- CXC Chemokines and HIV PathogenesisDAVID MARKOVITZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..A mechanistic understanding of the molecular interplay between IL-8, GRO-alpha, and their receptors could lead to the development of new approaches to the treatment of HIV-infected patients. ..
- HIV, Chemokine Receptors, and Vascular Smooth MuscleALISON SCHECTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, given that HIV patients appear to have accelerated atherosclerosis, these studies will provide potential mechanism(s) responsible for HIV-associated vasculopathies. ..
- CXCR4 Expression and Function in AstrocytesETTY BENVENISTE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings forthcoming from these studies will provide the first biological assessment of CXCR4 expression in the brain, thereby setting the foundation for future therapeutic manipulation of this critical chemokine receptor. ..
- Novel Nociceptive Functions of Peripheral Chemokines.MITCHELL ENGLE; Fiscal Year: 2006..the rat; (2) determine which populations of immunohistochemically identified primary afferent neurons express CXCR4 receptors in vivo, and (3) determine which classes of physiologically-identified primary afferent neurons are excited ..
- Lineage Specific Stem Cell Mobilization for Heart RepairYigang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of cytokine-mediated regeneration therapy may become a novel therapeutic strategy for MI. . ..
- Role of Slit in CXCR4-Mediated Breast Cancer MetastasisRamesh Ganju; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, innovative therapeutic strategies to prevent breast cancer metastasis can be anticipated based on these studies of Slit/Robo function. ..
- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF HIV1 ENVELOPE GLYCOPROTEINSJoseph Sodroski; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Specific Aim 2, an attempt will be made to determine structures of HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein trimers. In Specific Aim 3, the structure of the CCR5 and CXCR4 chemokine receptors will be investigated. ..
- MOLECULAR INTERACTION BETWEEN HIV1 GP120-CD4 COMPLEXESJoseph Sodroski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together, these studies will provide a comprehensive picture of the interactions of the CCR5 and CXCR4 chemokine receptors with key ligands. ..
- Structured Protein Scaffolds for Phage-DisplayIndraneel Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2009..A battery of cellular, biochemical, and biophysical assays will verify the success of our three interconnected approaches towards viral entry inhibitors and in the long-term provide new mini-protein therapeutics for antiviral therapy. ..
- REGULATION OF HIV1 CORECEPTORS CXCR4Haribabu Bodduluri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The structural elements on the receptors that regulate internalization will be identified. Interaction of CXCR4 receptors with T-tropic HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein (GP120) and the peptides derived from it will be studied...
- CHEMOKINE RECEPTORS AND HIV MEDIATED SIGNALINGWaldemar Popik; Fiscal Year: 2001..They believe that this study will contribute to our better understanding of HIV-1-induced pathogenicity and will provide a rational basis for new approaches to inhibit HIV replication. ..
- Interactions Of Opioid And Chemokine Receptor Systems in NeuronsJEEGAR PATEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data will provide insight into the interaction of the two distinct receptor systems and allow for a better understanding of the increased progression of HAD in opioid users. ..
- Anti-HIV Pharmaceutical Targeting CXCR4Carol Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2002..The identification and clinical development of a peptide which blocks the binding of HIV to CXCR4 will result in an important new therapeutic class in the arsenal for use against AIDS. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- SDF-1A AND MIP-II INTERACTIONS WITH CHEMOKINE RECEPTORSElias Lolis; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate aim of this work is to use the information generated from these studies in the design of small molecule receptor antagonists for the treatment of HIV-1. ..
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF HIV SUPPRESSION OF HEMATOPOIESISJerome Groopman; Fiscal Year: 2004..characterize downstream apoptotic signaling pathways in hematopoietic progenitors when HIV gp120 binds to the CXCR4 receptors; (2) to delineate on a molecular level how HIV gp120 enhances the apoptotic effects on TNF on progenitors; (3)..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV BASED THROMBOCYTOPENMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2002..In toto, the studies proposed in this grant will increase the knowledge about pathogenesis of AIDS associated thrombocytopenia and may lead to development of new strategies for its treatment of prevention. (End of Abstract) ..
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will be of relevance for designing strategies to block the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis to treat CXCR4-positive cancers. ..
- Receptor usage and pathogenicity of feline lentivirusesBRIAN WILLETT; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CHEMOKINES/CYTOKINES AND RECEPTORS IN STEM CELL HOMINGHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should clarity the relevance of SDF-1 and CXCR4 for homing/engraftment and mobilization of primary stem/progenitor cells. ..
- Acquisition of FACSVantage SE Flow CytometerYair Gazitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new equipment will also widen the user's base, save sort time, reduce costs for users and will render sorting affordable to new users, especially in cases where low frequency (<1%) cell populations are sorted. ..
- Invasion and Angiogenesis in Malignant GliomasDavid Zagzag; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from these experiments will lead to future strategies designed to inhibit specific molecular components implicated in these critical processes. ..
- Chemokine induced hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationLOUIS PELUS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- KENNY CAFFY SYNDROME: BONE SCLEROSIS AND HYPOCALCEMIAGeorge Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Natural IgM antilymphocyte autoantibodies inhibit HIV-1PETER LOBO; Fiscal Year: 2003..A successful outcome with the proposed studies could better our understanding on pathogenesis of H1V-1 infection and may provide strategies to prolong the asymptomatic state after HIV-1 infection. ..
- Defensins in STI-mediated enhancement of HIV InfectionTheresa Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..A longer term outcome could be the development of novel prevention strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A POXVIRAL PROTEIN THAT INHIBITS CHEMOKINE FUNCTIONMitchell Krathwohl; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) To determine the regions of MC148R that are important for blocking chemotaxis by constructing mutant proteins at both the amino terminus and the internal heparin binding site. ..
- SDF-1a/CXCL12 Potentiates the Behavioral Effects of Cocaine in RatsJordan Trecki; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanism of HIV-1 inhibition by alpha-defensin-1Theresa Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Chemokines and Fibrocytes in Acute Lung InjuryRobert Strieter; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of these studies may lead to novel intervention to attenuate the fibroproliferation and reduce morbidity and mortality related to ARDS. ..
- Chemokine Receptor Signaling in HIV NeuropathologyMarcus Kaul; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Survivin in Blood Stem Cell Cycle and ApoptosisLOUIS PELUS; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CXC Chemokines in CancerRobert M Strieter; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- HIV CORECEPTOR SWITCHINGDonald E Mosier; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments are highly relevant to the approaching use of CCR5 inhibitors in phase III clinical trials, and may well predict the probability of resistance to this class of antivirals. ..
- Recombinant CCR5 Inhibitors for Topical MicrobicidesDonald Mosier; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Imaging Vaccina Viral-Host PathogenesisGary Luker; Fiscal Year: 2007..Collectively, the research is expected to facilitate the development of improved vaccines and treatments for smallpox, thereby enhancing our ability to prevent the use of smallpox for bioterrorism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cross-reactive HERV immunity to combat HIV-1 infectionDonald E Mosier; Fiscal Year: 2010..The result will be "cross-protective" immunity, as best exemplified by the eradication of smallpox by vaccination with the related cowpox virus. ..
- Structural Plasticity of an HIV-1 Nef/Pak-2 Activity SurfaceJ Victor Garcia Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoparticle delivery of antiangiogenic genesGerard Lutty; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal of this proposal is to deliver genes for endogenous antiangiogenic agents to sites of ocular neovascularization. ..
- IL-13 Fusion Cytotoxin as a Targeted Therapeutic for IIPCory Hogaboam; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies will critically evaluate a pathophysiologic paradigm in IIP that has not been thoroughly examined to date. ..
- Retroviral Vectors for Gene Therapy of HIV-1 InfectionRoger Pomerantz; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Therapeutic Targeting of RANTES/CCL5 in Fungal Asthma.Cory Hogaboam; Fiscal Year: 2006..These detailed studies are now possible because of the availability of novel chimeric protein that selectively targets RANTES/CCL5-responsive cells in the lung. ..
- INTERACTION OF DRUGS WITH NEURONAL CALCIUM CHANNELSRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] Overall we hope that these studies will increase our understanding of[unreadable] glutamate mediated signal transduction in the brain and its role in[unreadable] neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Gene Therapy of AIDS DementiaRoger Pomerantz; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Chemokines in host defense to Campylobacter jejuniMICHAEL DWINELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..jejuni infection are central to the development of preventative therapeutic strategies to modulate host-pathogen interactions to favor the host. ..