Genomes and Genes
bradykinin b2 receptor
Summary: A constitutively expressed subtype of bradykinin receptor that may play a role in the acute phase of the inflammatory and pain response. It has high specificity for intact forms of BRADYKININ and KALLIDIN. The receptor is coupled to G-PROTEIN, GQ-G11 ALPHA FAMILY and G-PROTEIN, GI-GO ALPHA FAMILY signaling proteins.
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Role of bradykinin B2 and B1 receptors in the local, remote, and systemic inflammatory responses that follow intestinal ischemia and reperfusion injuryDanielle G Souza
Departamentos de Bioquímica e Imunologia, e Fisiologia e Biofísica, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Immunol 172:2542-8. 2004..Blockade of B(1)Rs could be a more effective strategy than B(2) or B(1)/B(2) receptor blockade for the treatment of the inflammatory injuries that follow I/R...
- Comparative antagonist pharmacology at the native mouse bradykinin B2 receptor: radioligand binding and smooth muscle contractility studiesS Meini
Department of Pharmacology, Menarini Ricerche, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 150:313-20. 2007..The aim was to characterize the recently discovered non-peptide antagonist MEN16132 at the mouse B2 receptor, relative to other antagonists...
- Proteinase-activated receptor-4 (PAR4) activation leads to sensitization of rat joint primary afferents via a bradykinin B2 receptor-dependent mechanismFiona A Russell
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurophysiol 103:155-63. 2010..This PAR(4)-induced sensitization is TRPV1-independent but involves B(2) receptor activation, suggesting a role for kinins in this process...
- Postischemic brain injury is exacerbated in mice lacking the kinin B2 receptorChun Fang Xia
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Hypertension 47:752-61. 2006..These results indicate that the kinin B2 receptor promotes survival and protects against brain injury by suppression of apoptosis and inflammation induced by ischemic stroke...
- Release of bradykinin and expression of kinin B2 receptors in the brain: role for cell death and brain edema formation after focal cerebral ischemia in miceMoritz Gröger
Laboratory of Experimental Neurosurgery, Institute for Surgical Research, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 25:978-89. 2005Pharmacological studies using bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists suggest that bradykinin, an early mediator of inflammation and the main metabolite of the kallikrein-kinin system, is involved in secondary brain damage after cerebral ..
- MEN16132, a novel potent and selective nonpeptide antagonist for the human bradykinin B2 receptor. In vitro pharmacology and molecular characterizationPaola Cucchi
Department of Pharmacology, Menarini Ricerche, S p A, via Rismondo 12A, Florence, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 528:7-16. 2005..The affinity of MEN16132 for the bradykinin B2 receptor has been investigated by means of competition studies at [3H]bradykinin binding to membranes prepared from ..
- The bradykinin B2 receptor in the early immune response against Listeria infectionWendy E Kaman
TNO Defence, Security and Safety, Business Unit Biological and Chemical Protection, 2280 AA, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Med Microbiol Immunol 198:39-46. 2009..Thus, we show that bradykinin and the B(2)R play a role in early innate immune functions during bacterial infection...
- Pharmacological characterization of the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist MEN16132 in rat in vitro bioassaysStefania Meini
Menarini Ricerche S p A, Department of Pharmacology, via Rismondo 12A, 50131, Florence, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 615:10-6. 2009..Altogether present results indicate that MEN16132 displays high affinity and potency also for the rat bradykinin B(2) receptor, and thus is suitable for further investigations in pathophysiological models in this species...
- Bradykinin-induced IL-6 expression through bradykinin B2 receptor, phospholipase C, protein kinase Cdelta and NF-kappaB pathway in human synovial fibroblastsCheng Hung Lee
Department of Orthopaedics, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Immunol 45:3693-702. 2008..Our results suggest that BK increased IL-6 production in synovial fibroblasts via the B2 BK receptor/PI-PLC/PKCdelta/and NF-kappaB signaling pathway...
- Role of the bradykinin B2 receptor for the local and systemic inflammatory response that follows severe reperfusion injuryDanielle G Souza
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 139:129-39. 2003..B(2) receptor activation is essential for the development of inflammatory tissue injury and lethality. These results contrast with those of others showing that BK mostly exerts a protective role during I/R injury...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor is involved in the late phase of preconditioning in rabbit heartC Kositprapa
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 33:1355-62. 2001Activation of bradykinin B2 receptor has been shown to confer short-term cardioprotection against a prolonged ischemic insult...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor-mediated proliferation via activation of the Ras/Raf/MEK/MAPK pathway in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsChuen Mao Yang
Department of Physiology Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 10:208-18. 2003..BK-mediated MAPK activation was modulated by Ca(2+), PKC, and tyrosine kinase all of which are associated with cell proliferation in rat cultured VSMCs...
- Kinestatin: a novel bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist peptide from the skin secretion of the Chinese toad, Bombina maximaTianbao Chen
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Regul Pept 116:147-54. 2003..Kinestatin represents a prototype novel peptide from amphibian skin...
- Chimeric exchanges within the bradykinin B2 receptor intracellular face with the prostaglandin EP2 receptor as the donor: importance of the second intracellular loop for cAMP synthesisRuma Pal-Ghosh
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 415:54-62. 2003..Additionally, our results confirm the importance of the distal C terminus in determining receptor uptake...
- Collagenase-2 and -3 mediate epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation by bradykinin B2 receptor in kidney cellsYurii V Mukhin
Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 2227, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 318:1033-43. 2006..This study demonstrates a novel role for collagenase-2 and -3 in signaling of the G(q)-coupled BK B(2) receptor in mIMCD-3 cells...
- N-linked glycosylation of the human bradykinin B2 receptor is required for optimal cell-surface expression and couplingStéphanie Michineau
INSERM Unité 367, 17 rue du Fer à Moulin 75005 Paris, France
Biol Chem 385:49-57. 2004To investigate the glycosylation of the human bradykinin B2 receptor and the functional significance of this modification, we studied receptors mutated at single or multiple combinations of the three potential N-linked glycosylation sites,..
- Structure-based design of six novel classes of nonpeptide antagonists of the bradykinin B2 receptorD R Artis
Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 10:2421-5. 2000..Several compounds from each class were synthesized and assayed for binding to the human bradykinin B2 receptor. Each family showed compounds active at the level of the smallest template peptide; three classes ..
- The Bradykinin B2 receptor gene is a target of angiotensin II type 1 receptor signalingBing Shen
Department of Pediatrics, SL 37, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1140-9. 2007..It was demonstrated that the bradykinin B2 receptor gene (BdkrB2) is a direct transcriptional target of the angiotensin II (AngII) type 1 receptor (AT(1)R) in ..
- Bradykinin B2 receptor gene (-58T/C) polymorphism influences baroreflex sensitivity in never-treated hypertensive patientsAlberto Milan
Department of Medicine and Experimental Oncology, Hypertension Unit, University of Torino, Italy
J Hypertens 23:63-9. 2005..Recent studies suggest that about 40% of baroreflex variation, an index of cardiac autonomic control, is influenced by genetic factors...
- Association of the human bradykinin B2 receptor gene with chronic renal failureLucyna Jozwiak
Laboratory for Molecular Diagnostics of Multifactorial Diseases, Department of Nephrology, Skubiszewski Medical University, Lublin, Poland
Mol Diagn 8:157-61. 2004..The B2-bradykinin receptor (B2R) mediates the majority of physiological actions of bradykinin. We investigated the effect of the C181-->T polymorphism in exon 2 of the B2R gene in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Jak2 and Ca2+/calmodulin are key intermediates for bradykinin B2 receptor-mediated activation of Na+/H+ exchange in KNRK and CHO cellsDavid Lefler
Department of Medicine Nephrology Division of the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 1:281-9. 2003..We propose that this pathway (B(2) receptor --> Jak2 --> CAM --> Na(+)/H(+) exchanger) is a fundamental regulator of Na(+)/H(+) exchange activity...
- Association of polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system and bradykinin B2 receptor with ACE-inhibitor-related coughS Mukae
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Hypertens 16:857-63. 2002..of ACE insertion/deletion (I/D), angiotensin II type 1 receptor (1166A/C), type 2 receptor (3123C/A), and bradykinin B2 receptor (-58T/C, exon 1, I/D), were analyzed in these subjects...
- A meta-analysis of the bradykinin B2 receptor gene --58C/T polymorphism with hypertensionWenQuan Niu
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Clin Chim Acta 411:324-8. 2010Numerous studies have attempted to associate -58C/T polymorphism of bradykinin B2 receptor gene (BDKRB2) with hypertension, whereas results were often irreproducible...
- Decreased renal NO excretion and reduced glomerular tuft area in mice lacking the bradykinin B2 receptorJoost P Schanstra
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U388, Institut Louis Bugnard, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Rangueil, 31052 Toulouse, France
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H1904-8. 2003..These differences between B(2)-/- and wild-type mice might become important under pathological conditions as shown by a number of studies using these bradykinin B(2) receptor knockout mice...
- Lack of association between ACE and bradykinin B2 receptor gene polymorphisms and ACE inhibitor-induced coughing in hypertensive KoreansS W Woo
Department of Pharmacological Research, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Pharm Ther 34:561-7. 2009..It is documented that Asians are more liable to coughing than Europeans. The aim of this study was to investigate genetic polymorphism involved in ACE inhibitor-induced coughing...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor activates extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase in mIMCD-3 cells via epidermal growth factor receptor transactivationYurii V Mukhin
The Medical and Research Services of the Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 304:968-77. 2003..These studies demonstrate that BK stimulates Ras-dependent activation of ERK1/2 in mIMCD-3 cells via transactivation of EGFR through a novel mechanism...
- Structure and chromosomal localization of the gene (BDKRB2) encoding human bradykinin B2 receptorJ X Ma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425
Genomics 23:362-9. 1994The bradykinin B2 receptor (BDKRB2) has high affinity for the intact kinins, which mediate a wide spectrum of biological effects, including pain, inflammation, vasodilation, and smooth muscle contraction and relaxation...
- Anatibant, a selective non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, reduces intracranial hypertension and histopathological damage after experimental traumatic brain injuryKlaus Zweckberger
Institute for Surgical Research, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Munich Medical Center Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Neurosci Lett 454:115-7. 2009..Anatibant (LF 16-0687), a selective non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, reduces brain edema after experimental TBI, however, so far no data are available if Anatibant ..
- Bradykinin B2 receptor gene C-58T polymorphism and insulin resistance. A study on obese patientsF Fallo
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Horm Metab Res 36:243-6. 2004The bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) gene is a candidate in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance, which often clusters with other abnormalities in metabolic syndrome...
- Structure-activity relationships of novel peptide agonists of the human bradykinin B2 receptorSimon Belanger
Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Peptides 30:777-87. 2009..These novel compounds show promise as candidates for investigating the pharmacology of BK receptors and developing potential therapeutical applications...
- LF 16-0687 Ms, a bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, reduces ischemic brain injury in a murine model of transient focal cerebral ischemiaLi Ding-Zhou
UPRES EA 2510, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Universite Rene Descartes, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75006 Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 139:1539-47. 2003..Therefore, B(2) receptor antagonist might represent a new therapeutic approach in the pharmacological treatment of stroke...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion, not bradykinin B2 receptor -58T/C gene polymorphism, associated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-related cough in Chinese female patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusY J Lee
Department of Clinical Research, Ping Tung Christian Hospital, Ping Tung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Metabolism 50:1346-50. 2001..12; df = 2; P <.001). There was no association between the bradykinin B2 receptor gene -58T/C polymorphism with ACEI-related cough...
- Upregulation of bradykinin B2 receptor expression by neurotrophic factors and nerve injury in mouse sensory neuronsYih Jing Lee
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 1QJ, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Neurosci 19:186-200. 2002b>Bradykinin B2 receptor mRNA was detected at low levels, both by RT-PCR and by in situ hybridization, in freshly isolated dorsal root ganglia (DRG) and in ganglia cultured in the absence of neurotrophic factors, but was strongly ..
- Determination of bradykinin B2 receptor in vivo phosphorylation sites and their role in receptor functionA Blaukat
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Box 595, S 75124 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 276:40431-40. 2001..32P labeling and phosphopeptide sequencing we provide a complete phosphorylation map of the human bradykinin B2 receptor in its native cellular environment...
- Two functionally divergent p53-responsive elements in the rat bradykinin B2 receptor promoterJessica Marks
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Biol Chem 278:34158-66. 2003..elements, termed P1 and P2, located at nucleotide positions -70 and -707, respectively, in the rat bradykinin B2 receptor promoter...
- Relationship of bradykinin B2 receptor gene polymorphism with essential hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophyYuxiao Fu
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamada oka, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:933-8. 2004The bradykinin B2 receptor shows a protective role in the development of hypertension and renal and cardiovascular complications...
- Correlation between bradykinin-induced blood-tumor barrier permeability and B2 receptor expression in experimental brain tumorsY Liu
Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Neurol Res 23:379-87. 2001..C6 tumor with highest B2 receptor expression was most responsive to bradykinin, while RG2 and 9L tumors with lower B2 receptor expression level were less sensitive to bradykinin with regard to BTB permeability...
- Combinatorial control of the bradykinin B2 receptor promoter by p53, CREB, KLF-4, and CBP: implications for terminal nephron differentiationZubaida Saifudeen
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F899-909. 2005..The bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) regulates renal function and integrity, and its expression is induced during terminal nephron ..
- Kinin B1 and B2 receptor expression in osteoblasts and fibroblasts is enhanced by interleukin-1 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha. Effects dependent on activation of NF-kappaB and MAP kinasesAnna Bernhold Brechter
Oral Cell Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Bone 43:72-83. 2008..These mechanisms might help to explain the enhanced bone resorption associated with inflammatory disorders, including periodontitis and rheumatoid arthritis...
- Cooperative activation of TLR2 and bradykinin B2 receptor is required for induction of type 1 immunity in a mouse model of subcutaneous infection by Trypanosoma cruziAna Carolina Monteiro
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro UFRJ, Centre de Ciências da Saúde, Sala D 007, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Immunol 177:6325-35. 2006..In summary, we have described a s.c. infection model where type 1 immunity is vigorously up-regulated by bradykinin, an innate signal whose levels in peripheral tissues are controlled by an intricate interplay of TLR2, B(2)R, and ACE...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with altered urinary albumin/creatinine values in diabetic patientsIsabelle Maltais
CHUQ Centre de Recherche, Hôpital l Hôtel Dieu de Québec et Université Laval, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 80:323-7. 2002..0087). Thus, the B2R exon 1 polymorphism may represent a susceptibility marker for nephropathy progression in diabetic patients...
- Agonist-induced redistribution of bradykinin B2 receptor in caveolaeM Haasemann
Département de Biologie Supramoléculaire et Cellulaire, Institut Jacques Monod, Universite Paris, Paris, France
J Cell Sci 111:917-28. 1998..We have applied immunocytochemical methods to localize the bradykinin B2 receptor and to examine its agonist induced redistribution in A431 cells...
- Early activation of bradykinin B2 receptor aggravates reactive oxygen species generation and renal damage in ischemia/reperfusion injuryWen Chih Chiang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 41:1304-14. 2006..The deleterious effects of kallikrein on ischemia/reperfusion injury were reversed by cotreatment with bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) antagonist, but not B1 receptor antagonist, and were not associated with hemodynamic changes...
- Release of a new vascular permeability enhancing peptide from kininogens by human neutrophil elastaseTakahisa Imamura
Division of Molecular Pathology, Department of Neuroscience and Immunology, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 2 2 1, Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:423-8. 2002..The molecular mechanism for neutrophil-associated VPE may be explained by excision of E-kinin from kininogens by NE, followed by further processing of the peptide...
- The human bradykinin B2 receptor gene: full length cDNA, genomic organization and identification of the regulatory regionS Kammerer
Children s Hospital, Department of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Munich, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 211:226-33. 1995Hybridization of Northern blots with a probe corresponding to the coding region of the bradykinin B2 receptor revealed a single transcript of approximately 4.0 kb. Using the same probe, we detected a 2...
- Cutting edge: bradykinin induces IL-12 production by dendritic cells: a danger signal that drives Th1 polarizationJulio Aliberti
Immunobiology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 170:5349-53. 2003..Our data thus indicate that kinin peptides can serve as danger signals that trigger dendritic cells to produce IL-12 through activation of B(2) bradykinin receptors...
- Angiotensin II type 2 receptor-bradykinin B2 receptor functional heterodimerizationPeter M Abadir
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Hypertension 48:316-22. 2006..Controlling the expression of AT2R-B2R, consequently influencing their biologically active dimerization, presents a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of hypertension and other cardiovascular and renal disorders...
- Therapeutic window of bradykinin B2 receptor inhibition after focal cerebral ischemia in ratsBenjamin Kläsner
Institute for Surgical Research, University of Munich Medical Center, Grosshadern, Germany
Neurochem Int 49:442-7. 2006..5h after MCAo. Our data therefore suggest that inhibition of kinin B(2) receptors represents a treatment strategy for ischemic stroke which may warrant clinical validation...
- Pharmacological and functional characterization of bradykinin B2 receptor in human prostateDinesh Srinivasan
Roche Pharmaceuticals, 3431 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 504:155-67. 2004..curves in human prostate stromal cells with apparent estimate of affinity similar to that for the human bradykinin B2 receptor. Bradykinin (10 nM) caused proliferation of prostate stromal cells and phosphorylated extracellular signal-..
- Expression of kinin B1 and B2 receptors in immature, monocyte-derived dendritic cells and bradykinin-mediated increase in intracellular Ca2+ and cell migrationCornelia M Bertram
Lung Institute of Western Australia and Centre for Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 81:1445-54. 2007..BK, which increases the migration of immature hMo-DC in vitro, may play an important role in the migration of immature DC in noninflammatory conditions and may also be involved in the recruitment of immature DC to sites of inflammation...
- In vivo bradykinin B2 receptor activation reduces renal fibrosisJoost P Schanstra
INSERM U388, Institut Louis Bugnard, Toulouse, France
J Clin Invest 110:371-9. 2002..We show here that genetic ablation (B2(-/-) mice) or pharmacological blockade of the bradykinin B2 receptor increases UUO-induced interstitial fibrosis in mice, whereas transgenic rats expressing increased ..
- Bradykinin B2 receptor mediates NF-kappaB activation and cyclooxygenase-2 expression via the Ras/Raf-1/ERK pathway in human airway epithelial cellsBing Chang Chen
School of Respiratory Therapy, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
J Immunol 173:5219-28. 2004....
- Dissociation of beta-arrestin from internalized bradykinin B2 receptor is necessary for receptor recycling and resensitizationMay Simaan
Hormones and Cancer Research Unit, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Avenue West, Room H7 67, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Signal 17:1074-83. 2005..These results provide evidence for the involvement of beta-arrestin in the intracellular trafficking of B2R, and highlight the importance of receptor recycling in reestablishing B2R signaling...
- Host stromal bradykinin B2 receptor signaling facilitates tumor-associated angiogenesis and tumor growthYasuhiro Ikeda
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Cancer Res 64:5178-85. 2004..These results suggest that BK generated from kininogens supplied from the host may facilitate tumor-associated angiogenesis and tumor growth by stimulating stromal B(2) signaling to up-regulate VEGF production mainly in fibroblasts...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor antagonism: a new direction for acute stroke therapy?Christopher G Sobey
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Melbourne, Grattan Street, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 139:1369-71. 2003..Thus, B(2) receptor antagonists may be a promising new class of compounds for clinical use after the onset of cerebral ischaemia...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor interacts with integrin alpha5beta1 to transactivate epidermal growth factor receptor in kidney cellsInga I Kramarenko
Medical and Research Services, Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 6290, USA
Mol Pharmacol 78:126-34. 2010....
- Interactions between bradykinin (BK) and cell adhesion molecule (CAM) expression in peptidoglycan-polysaccharide (PG-PS)-induced arthritisI M Sainz
The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
FASEB J 18:887-9. 2004..B1R signaling suggests involvement in down-regulation of leukocyte activation, transmigration, and homing. Further studies are needed to evaluate the B1 receptor agonist's role in this model...
- The kallikrein-kinin system: current and future pharmacological targetsMarie Eve Moreau
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Canada
J Pharmacol Sci 99:6-38. 2005....
- Tissue kallikrein and bradykinin B2 receptor in human uterus in luteal phase and in early and late gestationG Valdes
Departmentos de Nefrología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Endocrine 16:207-15. 2001....
- Nephroprotection in Zucker diabetic fatty rats by vasopeptidase inhibition is partly bradykinin B2 receptor dependentStefan Schafer
Disease Group Cardiovascular Diseases, Aventis Pharma Deutschland GmbH, Building H 821, D 65926 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 143:27-32. 2004..We investigated whether this nephroprotection is mediated by the bradykinin B2 receptor. 2...
- Polymorphisms in the bradykinin B2 receptor gene and childhood asthmaB Kusser
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Pulmonary Disease, University Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Biol Chem 382:885-9. 2001..05). Since BE1-2G has previously been shown to lead to a higher transcription rate of the B2 receptor, this result warrants further investigation of the role of bradykinin in conferring susceptibility to pediatric asthma...
- Transactivation of KDR/Flk-1 by the B2 receptor induces tube formation in human coronary endothelial cellsShin Ichiro Miura
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka, 814 0180, Japan
Hypertension 41:1118-23. 2003..To our knowledge, this is a novel mechanism in which transactivation of KDR/Flk-1 by a G protein-coupled receptor, B2 receptor, may be a potent signal for tube formation...
- LF 16-0687 Ms, a bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, reduces brain edema and improves long-term neurological function recovery after closed head trauma in ratsJakob Kaplanski
Department of Pharmacology, Soroka Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Neurotrauma 19:953-64. 2002..This study provides further evidence that blockade of bradykinin B(2) receptors represents a potential effective approach to the treatment of focal cerebral contusions...
- Up-regulation of functional kinin B1 receptors in allergic airway inflammationSandra C Christiansen
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 169:2054-60. 2002..Taken together, these results show that functional B1 receptors are induced in the airway during allergic inflammation and suggest that they participate in the regulation of gene expression...
- Up-regulation of bradykinin receptors in a murine in-vitro model of chronic airway inflammationYaping Zhang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Laboratory of Clinical and Experimental Allergy Research, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 489:117-26. 2004..Thus, TNF-alpha causes an increase of bradykinin contractility in mouse trachea, which at least partly is due to a transcriptional increase of bradykinin receptors...
- B1 and B2 antagonists and bradykinin-induced blood flow in rat skin inflammationT Cao
Centre for Cardiovascular Biology and Medicine, King s College, London, UK
Inflamm Res 51:295-9. 2002..The aim of the present study was to examine the contribution of the two kinin receptors B1 and B2 to the increased blood flow observed in response to bradykinin (BK) in a blister model under different injury conditions...
- Dual signaling via protein kinase C and phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/Akt contributes to bradykinin B2 receptor-induced cardioprotection in guinea pig heartsY Li
Department of Physiology, Oita Medical University, Oita, 879-5593, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 33:2047-53. 2001..9+/-2.9%). We conclude that BK B2 receptors can precondition guinea pig hearts via the dual activation of PKC and PI3-K. The mitoK(ATP) channels act as downstream targets of PKC, whereas PI3-K is not associated with mitoK(ATP) channels...
- B2 receptor-mediated enhanced bradykinin sensitivity of rat cutaneous C-fiber nociceptors during persistent inflammationR K Banik
Department of Neural Regulation, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
J Neurophysiol 86:2727-35. 2001....
- Wortmannin alters the intracellular trafficking of the bradykinin B2 receptor: role of phosphoinositide 3-kinase and Rab5Steeve Houle
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1R 2J6
Biochem J 375:151-8. 2003..This is the first report of a G-protein-coupled receptor down-regulation induced by an alteration of its usual routing in the cell. These results suggest that both PI3K and Rab5 influence B2R intracellular trafficking...
- Therapeutical efficacy of a novel non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist on brain edema formation and ischemic tissue damage in focal cerebral ischemiaS Zausinger
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:205-7. 2003..We currently studied neuroprotective properties of a bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist (LF16-0687 Ms) in transitory focal cerebral ischemia to assess infarct formation and the ..
- Detrimental role of bradykinin B2 receptor in a murine model of diffuse brain injuryF Hellal
UPRES EA2510, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Universite Rene Descartes, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, F 75006 Paris, France
J Neurotrauma 20:841-51. 2003Inhibition of the bradykinin B2 receptor type (B2R) has been shown to improve neurological outcome in models of focal traumatic brain injury. However, the involvement of B2R in trauma-induced diffuse injury has not yet been explored...
- Rapid transactivation of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor KDR/Flk-1 by the bradykinin B2 receptor contributes to endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activation in cardiac capillary endothelial cellsDominique Thuringer
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 6097, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Biol Chem 277:2028-32. 2002..This represents a novel mechanism whereby a G protein-coupled receptor activates a receptor tyrosine kinase to generate biological response...
- Combining 4D pharmacophore generation and multidimensional QSAR: modeling ligand binding to the bradykinin B2 receptorMarkus A Lill
Biographics Laboratory 3R, Friedensgasse 35, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Chem Inf Model 46:2135-45. 2006..and quantification of ligand binding by multidimensional QSAR) was applied to 186 compounds binding to the bradykinin B2 receptor. The prediction of their binding affinity by means of the Quasar and Raptor technologies allowed for ..
- An enhanced effect of arginine vasopressin in bradykinin B2 receptor null mutant miceM E Alfie
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Hypertension 33:1436-40. 1999..To test this, bradykinin B2 receptor knockout mice (B2-KO) and 129/SvEv mice (controls) were placed in metabolic cages and urine collected for ..
- Human bradykinin B2 receptor sialylation and N-glycosylation participate with disulfide bonding in surface receptor dimerizationStéphanie Michineau
INSERM U652, 17, rue du Fer à Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Biochemistry 45:2699-707. 2006..We here studied the cell surface post-translationally modified forms of a GPCR, the human bradykinin B2 receptor. This was by means of detailed molecular analysis of the cell surface forms of N-glycosylation site mutant ..
- Bradykinin-induced internalization of the human B2 receptor requires phosphorylation of three serine and two threonine residues at its carboxyl tailA Pizard
INSERM Unité 367, 17 rue du Fer à Moulin 75005 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 274:12738-47. 1999....
- Bradykinin B2 receptor knockout mice are protected from thrombosis by increased nitric oxide and prostacyclinZia Shariat-Madar
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Blood 108:192-9. 2006..These investigations indicate a pathway for thrombosis risk reduction via the plasma kallikrein/kinin and renin angiotensin systems...
- Expression of kallikrein, bradykinin b2 receptor, and endothelial nitric oxide synthase in placenta in normal gestation, preeclampsia, and placenta accretaJenny Corthorn
Centro de Investigaciones Medicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Endocrine 29:491-9. 2006..accreta/exaggerated invasion (n = 6), we performed semiquantitative immunohistochemistry for kallikrein, bradykinin B2 receptor, and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)...
- Association between kinin B(1) receptor expression and leukocyte trafficking across mouse mesenteric postcapillary venulesP G McLean
Department of Biochemical Pharmacology, The William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 192:367-80. 2000..This involves activation of C fibers and mast cells, release of substance P and histamine, and stimulation of NK(1), NK(3), and H(1) receptors...
- IL-1beta-induced transcriptional up-regulation of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors in murine airwaysYaping Zhang
Laboratory of Clinical and Experimental Allergy Research, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:697-705. 2007..Intracellular JNK pathway and TNF-alpha might provide key links between inflammatory mediators like IL-1beta and airway hyperresponsiveness to bradykinin...
- TNF-alpha and IL-1beta mediate inflammatory hypernociception in mice triggered by B1 but not B2 kinin receptorThiago M Cunha
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes, 3900, 14049 900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 573:221-9. 2007..On the other hand, in LPS-primed mice, the B(1) kinin receptor mediates hypernociception by a mechanism dependent on TNF-alpha and IL-1beta, which could stimulate prostanoid and sympathetic amine production...
- Immunolocalization of bradykinin receptors on human synovial tissueB Cassim
Department of Medicine, University of Natal Medical School, Durban, South Africa
Immunopharmacology 36:121-5. 1997..However, further studies are required to assess the role of B1 receptors in active joint inflammation...
- Deficiency of bradykinin receptor B2 is not detrimental in experimental strokeChristoph Kleinschnitz
Hypertension 51:e41; author reply e42-3. 2008
- Kinin B2 receptor regulates chemokines CCL2 and CCL5 expression and modulates leukocyte recruitment and pathology in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in miceAdriana C Dos Santos
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Neuroinflammation 5:49. 2008....
- Endogenous bradykinin contributes to increased plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 antigen following hemodialysisAnnis M Marney
Division of Diabetes, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6602, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:2246-52. 2009..Factors that increase the production of bradykinin or decrease its degradation may enhance the inflammatory response to hemodialysis...
- Immunohistochemical localization of the bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors in human nasal mucosaHideaki Shirasaki
Department of Otolaryngology, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, S 1 W 16, Chu ku Sapporo, 060 8543, Japan
Mediators Inflamm 2009:102406. 2009..The results may have an important clinical implication for understanding the differential roles of BK receptor subtypes on upper airway diseases such as allergic rhinitis and nonallergic rhinitis...
- Metabolically stable bradykinin B2 receptor agonists enhance transvascular drug delivery into malignant brain tumors by increasing drug half-lifeHemant Sarin
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Transl Med 7:33. 2009The intravenous co-infusion of labradimil, a metabolically stable bradykinin B2 receptor agonist, has been shown to temporarily enhance the transvascular delivery of small chemotherapy drugs, such as carboplatin, across the blood-brain ..
- Identification of polymorphic sites of the human bradykinin B2 receptor geneA Braun
Children s Hospital, Department of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Munich, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 211:234-40. 1995..These new genetic markers provide valuable tools to elucidate a potential role of a hereditary dysfunction of the B2 bradykinin receptor gene in disorders such as hypertension or ischemic heart disease...
- The BRAIN TRIAL: a randomised, placebo controlled trial of a Bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist (Anatibant) in patients with traumatic brain injuryHaleema Shakur
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Trials 10:109. 2009..We evaluated the safety and effectiveness of the non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist Anatibant in the treatment of patients with traumatic brain injury...
- Heterologous expression and characterization of the recombinant bradykinin B2 receptor using the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastorisArun Kumar Shukla
Department of Molecular Membrane Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Max von Laue Str 3, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Protein Expr Purif 55:1-8. 2007..The data presented here should facilitate isolation of the recombinant receptor for structural studies...
- Study of correlation between expression of bradykinin B2 receptor and pathological grade in human gliomasYisong Zhao
Department of Neurobiology, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoming Province, Peoples Republic of China
Br J Neurosurg 19:322-6. 2005..Determination of bradykinin B(2) receptor expression level in human glioma may be useful in screening glioma patients to predict whether they will be suitable for opening of the blood - tumour barrier with bradykinin or its analogue...
- International union of pharmacology. XLV. Classification of the kinin receptor family: from molecular mechanisms to pathophysiological consequencesL M Fredrik Leeb-Lundberg
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC, A12, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
Pharmacol Rev 57:27-77. 2005..This review is a comprehensive presentation of our current understanding of these receptors in terms of molecular and cell biology, physiology, pharmacology, and involvement in human disease and drug development...
- Bradykinin modulation of tumor vasculature: I. Activation of B2 receptors increases delivery of chemotherapeutic agents into solid peripheral tumors, enhancing their efficacyD F Emerich
Preclinical Research and Development, Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296:623-31. 2001..Using a variety of rat tumor models, we show that intravenous administration of a vasoactive bradykinin B2 receptor agonist (Cereport, or labradimil; formerly RMP-7) enhances by nearly 3 times the delivery of the ..
- The development of the bradykinin agonist labradimil as a means to increase the permeability of the blood-brain barrier: from concept to clinical evaluationD F Emerich
Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 40:105-23. 2001..Cereport; also formerly referred to as RMP-7) is a 9-amino-acid peptide designed for selectivity for the bradykinin B2 receptor and a longer plasma half-life than bradykinin...
- Host cell invasion by Trypanosoma cruzi is potentiated by activation of bradykinin B(2) receptorsJ Scharfstein
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, CEP 21990 400 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Exp Med 192:1289-300. 2000..Analysis of trypomastigote transfectants expressing various cysteine proteinase isoforms showed that invasion competence is linked to the kinin releasing activity of cruzipain, herein proposed as a factor of virulence in Chagas' disease...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptor gene expression in human lung fibroblasts by tumor necrosis factor-alpha: modulation by dexamethasoneE B Haddad
Department of Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 57:1123-31. 2000..Nuclear run-on experiments demonstrate that the induction of B1 and the up-regulation of B2 receptors as well as the inhibitory effect of dexamethasone are entirely mediated through post-transcriptional mechanisms...
- Significant reduction in brain swelling by administration of nonpeptide kinin B2 receptor antagonist LF 16-0687Ms after controlled cortical impact injury in ratsJ F Stover
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Virchow Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
J Neurosurg 92:853-9. 2000..The purpose of this study was to investigate the protective effect of the novel nonpeptide B2 receptor antagonist, LF 16-0687Ms, in brain-injured rats...
- Upregulation of tissue kallikrein, kinin B1 receptor, and kinin B2 receptor in mast and giant cells infiltrating oesophageal squamous cell carcinomaZ Dlamini
School of Anatomical Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Faculty of Health Sciences, 7 York Road, Parktown, Johannesburg 2193, South Africa
J Clin Pathol 58:915-22. 2005..Oesophageal mucosal epithelial cells are derived from the epithelial cell germ layer, which expresses the kallikrein-kinin cascade...
- EP24.15 interacts with the angiotensin II type I receptor and bradykinin B2 receptorBangalore R Shivakumar
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University and Veterans Affairs Medical Center Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cell Biochem Funct 23:195-204. 2005..15 associates with AT1 and B2 receptors both at the plasma membrane and after receptor internalization and suggests a possible mechanism for endosomal disposition of ligand that may facilitate receptor recycling...
- A single dose, three-arm, placebo-controlled, phase I study of the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist Anatibant (LF16-0687Ms) in patients with severe traumatic brain injuryAnthony Marmarou
American Brain Injury Consortium, ABIC Technical Center, Old City Hall Suite 235, 1001 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23298 0449, USA
J Neurotrauma 22:1444-55. 2005..To address this issue, a dose-response trial that would investigate the effects of Anatibant on the incidence of raised ICP and on functional outcome in severe TBI patients is needed...
- Bradykinin upregulates IL-8 production in human gingival fibroblasts stimulated by interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor alphaGustaf Brunius
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Institute of Odontology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Regul Pept 126:183-8. 2005..This stimulatory effect of BK on IL-8 production may contribute to the maintenance of the gingival inflammation and enhanced risk for destruction of gingival connective tissue...
- BRADYKININ SIGNALING IN REGULATION OF eNOSRICHARD VENEMA; Fiscal Year: 2006..that phosphorylation at Ser-617 or Ser-635 alters eNOS protein-protein interactions with caveolin-1, the bradykinin B2 receptor, or heat shock protein 90...
- The Role of Carboxypeptidase B and its Substrates in Rheumatoid ArthritisWilliam H Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2013..C5 deficient mice were also protected from arthritis, while bradykinin B2 receptor deficient mice developed arthritis equivalent in severity to that in WT mice...
- Inducible Dysplastic Nephropathy in B2-Deficient MiceSamir S El-Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2013..We previously demonstrated that bradykinin B2 receptor-null (BdkrB2-/-) embryos exposed to gestational salt stress develop renal dysgenesis as a result of p53-..
- Dual role of the bradykinin B2 receptor during inflammationBruce L Zuraw; Fiscal Year: 2013..potent anti-asthma actions in both experimental animals and human asthmatic subjects, mice lacking the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) exhibit enhanced bronchial hyperresponsiveness, inflammation, and airway remodeling in the OVA model ..
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Chronic Kidney DiseaseJORGE LUIS GAMBOA; Fiscal Year: 2013..placebo-controlled, double-blind, cross-over study measuring the effect of HOE-140 (Icatibant), a bradykinin B2 receptor blocker, on mitochondrial function...
- Preeclampsia and AutoimmunityRodney E Kellems; Fiscal Year: 2012..Do AT1-AAs contribute to AT1 receptor heterodimerization with the bradykinin B2 receptor? If AT1-AAs play a major role in the pathophysiology of preeclampsia, as we hypothesize, it should be ..
- Sensory C Fibers in the Upper AirwaysTHOMAS EDWARD TAYLOR-CLARK; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will also evaluate the mechanisms by which these events occur. We will use a combination of anatomical and electrophysiological techniques to address our hjT)Otheses. ..
- Clinical Impact of Bradykinin Receptor PolymorphismsJames Gainer; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- KININ REGULATION OF COLLECTING DUCT H+ EFFLUXYURII MUKHIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..My goal in performing these studies will be to obtain training in signal transduction methods so that I can eventually integrate my background in physics into the study of renal problems. ..
- RECEPTOR AND TRANSPORTER REGULATION OF NO SYNTHASESRICHARD VENEMA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Preliminary studies presented in this proposal indicate that eNOS interacts directly with the bradykinin B2 receptor and with the CAT1 cationic amino acid transporter in vascular endothelial cells...
- Histone Deacetylases and Kidney DevelopmentSamir S El Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, understanding the epigenetic regulation of kidney development may open new avenues to the treatment or prevention of kidney and urinary tract malformations and kidney failure. ..
- PLASMA PROTEIN PHENOTYPING OF PROTHROMBOTIC MICEAlvin Schmaier; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies could serve as a basis for the development of a global assay(s) to predict the prothrombotic state in man. (End of Abstract.) ..
- Thrombostatin-A Thrombin Receptor InhibitorAlvin Schmaier; Fiscal Year: 2006..Second, the preparation of an IND application for its human use for one indication will be achieved. Thrombostatin(tm) has the opportunity to be a first-in-its-class thrombin receptor activation antagonist. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Activation of Bradykinin B2 Receptor by KallikreinERVIN ERDOS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Receptor activation will be assessed by measuring arachidonic acid release, ..
- Vascular smooth muscle apoptosis prevention by glucoseFrank Brosius; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also determine the mitochondrial metabolic effects that are most critical to both hypoxia-induced apoptosis and glucose protection in VSMCs. ..
- Hypertension and Collagen: Effect of Ac-SDKPNour Eddine Rhaleb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consequently, it will identify another component (Ac-SDKP) as part of the multiple mediators participating in the cardioprotective effects of ACEi in hypertension. ..
- Bradykinin Receptor Antagonism During Cardiopulmonary BypassMias Pretorius; Fiscal Year: 2010..In SPECIFIC AIM 2 we will test the hypothesis that bradykinin B2 receptor antagonism attenuates the hemodynamic, fibrinolytic, and inflammatory response to CPB...
- KININ/PGE INTERACTION IN CONTROL OF INTRAOCULAR PRESSUREJERRY WEBB; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Drugs on Myocardial HypoxiaGarrett Gross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will hopefully lead to new therapies to treat patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- C1 INHIBITOR-MEDIATED PROTECTION FROM ENDOTOXIN SHOCKAlvin Davis; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will lead to improved understanding of the role played by C1INH in the cbrresistance to gram negative sepsis and endotoxin shock, and may lead to new therapies for these diseases. ..
- Gender Influence in Mice with Myocardial InfarctionXiao Ping Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Regulation of Fibrogenesis by the Dietary FlavonoidsDennis Ricupero; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PREDICTORS OF RECURRENT STROKE IN THE PROGRESS STUDYDuncan Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, plasma markers that predict risk of recurrent stroke may indicate novel therapies to prevent this condition. ..
- REGULATION OF C1 INHIBITOR SYNTHESISAlvin Davis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The studies proposed here will contribute both to knowledge of the regulation of C1INH itself and to the role of hormones, nuclear phosphatases and Pu-Py sequences on gene regulation in general. ..
- INFLAMMATION & CORTICOSTEROID RESPONSES IN SEVERE ASTHMAKIAN CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..The molecular mechanisms underlying loss of CR will be examined. These studies should lead to more effective therapies for chronic severe asthma. ..
- REGULATION OF RENIN AND PREECLAMPTIC HYPERTENSIONDinesh Shah; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will improve our understanding of the role of progesterone in the regulation of reproductive renin and may provide a novel direction for investigating the pathophysiology of preeclampsia. ..
- Micellar VIP Nanoparticles for Rheumatoid ArthritisIsrael Rubinstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Tissue Kallikrein, Oxidative Stress and Renal FibrosisJulie Chao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- C1 INHIBITOR GENE AND HEREDITARY ANGIONEUROTIC EDEMAAlvin Davis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- KALLISTATIN IN HYPERTENSIONJulie Chao; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS ACTIVE VASODILATIONDean Kellogg; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, intradermal microdialysis will be combined with measurements of bioavailable NO by NO-selective amperometric electrode to define further how the NO system functions in cutaneous active vasodilation. ..
- KININ SYSTEM ANTAGONISTSJohn Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2001..The PI notes that certain dimers of his potent BK antagonists are selectively cytotoxic to SCLC, in vitro and in vivo. Improved cytotoxic compounds are being developed. These offer potential as anti-cancer drugs. ..