Genomes and Genes
Summary: Lectin purified from peanuts (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA). It binds to poorly differentiated cells and terminally differentiated cells and is used in cell separation techniques.
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Variations in glycosylation of von Willebrand factor with O-linked sialylated T antigen are associated with its plasma levelsCarina J M van Schooten
Laboratory for Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 109:2430-7. 2007..We developed an immunosorbent assay based on neuraminidase incubation allowing subsequent binding of peanut agglutinin (PNA) to desialylated O-linked T antigen on VWF...
- Trypanosoma cruzi I and Trypanosoma cruzi II: recognition of sugar structures by Arachis hypogaea (peanut agglutinin) lectinC A C Araújo
Department of Protozoology, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Manguinhos, Brazil
J Parasitol 88:582-6. 2002..of Trypanosoma cruzi from different mammal hosts, humans, and vectors were tested with FITC-conjugated peanut agglutinin lectin (PNA-FITC). The parasites maintained in axenic medium, liver infusion tryptose...
- Lectin staining of trichostrongylid nematode eggs of sheep: rapid identification of Haemonchus contortus eggs with peanut agglutininD G Palmer
Animal Health Laboratories, Department of Agriculture WA, South Perth, Australia
Int J Parasitol 26:447-50. 1996..contortus and O. circumcincta eggs and peanut agglutinin to H. contortus eggs only...
- Influence of the maillard reaction on the allergenicity of rAra h 2, a recombinant major allergen from peanut (Arachis hypogaea), its major epitopes, and peanut agglutininPatrick Gruber
Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fur Lebensmittelchemie, Lichtenbergstr 4, D 85748 Garching, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 53:2289-96. 2005..Analogous experiments were performed with peanut agglutinin, considered in the literature as a minor allergen...
- Detection of early colorectal cancer imaged with peanut agglutinin-immobilized fluorescent nanospheres having surface poly(N-vinylacetamide) chainsShinji Sakuma
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Setsunan University, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 74:451-60. 2010b>Peanut agglutinin (PNA)-immobilized fluorescent nanospheres were designed as a novel imaging agent for colonoscopy...
- Intravitreal injection of fluorochrome-conjugated peanut agglutinin results in specific and reversible labeling of mammalian cones in vivoVidhyasankar Krishnamoorthy
National Brain Research Centre, Manesar Haryana, India
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2643-50. 2008To investigate whether intravitreally injected peanut agglutinin (PNA) conjugated with a fluorochrome can specifically label retinal cones in vivo and to evaluate its clinical potential.
- Development of the cone photoreceptor mosaic in the mouse retina revealed by fluorescent cones in transgenic miceYijian Fei
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Vis 9:31-42. 2003..This study was to examine the spatial organization and development of cone photoreceptors quantitatively in the mouse retina...
- Peanut agglutinin high phenotype of activated CD8+ T cells results from de novo synthesis of CD45 glycansMargarida Amado
Departments of Molecular Biology and Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:36689-97. 2004Following activation in the periphery, murine CD8+ T cells exhibit a characteristic increased binding of peanut agglutinin (PNA), reflecting an increased expression of hyposialylated O-linked glycans (Galbeta1-3GalNAcalpha-O-Thr/Ser) on ..
- Expression of peanut agglutinin-binding mucin-type glycoprotein in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma as a markerSankaranarayanan Kannan
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Zoology, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, India
Mol Cancer 2:38. 2003..study was undertaken to analyze the sera and tissue level detectable mucin-type glycoprotein (TF-antigen) by Peanut agglutinin (PNA) and its diagnostic index in serum as well tissues of human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma as marker...
- Expression of peanut agglutinin-binding carbohydrates correlates with nodal involvement in human lung adenocarcinomaHiroyuki Suzuki
Department of Surgery I, Fukushima Medical University, School of Medicine, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Cancer Lett 187:215-21. 2002..The expression of peanut agglutinin (PNA) binding carbohydrates showed a high lymph node metastatic rate...
- Inter-laboratory comparisons of assessment of the allergenic potential of proteins in miceC Herouet-Guicheney
Bayer CropScience, BP153, 355 rue Dostoievski, 06130 Sophia Antipolis, France
J Appl Toxicol 29:141-8. 2009..To this end, BALB/c mice were exposed to a range of doses of peanut agglutinin or ovalbumin, allergenic proteins of peanut and hen's egg, respectively, in two independent laboratories...
- Evaluation of acrosomal status and sperm viability in fresh and cryopreserved specimens by the use of fluorescent peanut agglutinin lectin in conjunction with hypo-osmotic swelling testSandro C Esteves
Androfert, Center for Male Infertility, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 33:364-74; discussion 375-6. 2007In this study, we evaluated whether the hypo-osmotic swelling test (HOST) can be used as a vital marker in combination with peanut agglutinin (PNA) - labeling in fresh and cryopreserved spermatozoa.
- Determination of protein allergenicity: studies in miceR J Dearman
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Cheshire SK10 4TJ, Macclesfield, UK
Toxicol Lett 120:181-6. 2001..On this basis it is proposed that the inherent sensitizing potential of novel proteins can be evaluated as a function of IgE antibody responses stimulated by parenteral (i.p.) exposure of BALB/c mice...
- Comparison of a peanut agglutinin test and an immunochemical faecal occult blood test in detecting colorectal neoplasia in symptomatic patientsJ Vironen
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 64:140-5. 2004..Bleeding, however, is not specific for colorectal neoplasia. Enzymatically detected or peanut agglutinin (PNA)-detectable galactose-beta1-3-N-acetyl-galactosamine residues found in rectal mucus have been used to ..
- Sequential alteration of peanut agglutinin binding-glycoprotein expression during progression of murine mammary neoplasiaJ W Rak
Breast Cancer Biology Program, Michigan Cancer Foundation, Detroit 48201
Br J Cancer 65:641-8. 1992A sequential, quantitative loss of Peanut agglutinin (PNA) binding with progression of mouse mammary cells from normal to preneoplastic to neoplastic phenotypes was observed...
- Investigation of the interaction between peanut agglutinin and synthetic glycopolymeric multivalent ligandsMoira Ambrosi
Department of Chemistry and Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Polymer Science and Technology, University of Durham, UK
Org Biomol Chem 3:1476-80. 2005The interaction between synthetic glycoplymers bearing beta-D-galactose side groups and the lectin peanut agglutinin (PNA) was investigated by UV-difference spectroscopy and isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC)...
- Use of lectins to characterize plasma membrane preparations from boar spermatozoa: a novel technique for monitoring membrane purity and quantityF M Flesch
Department of Basic Sciences, Division of Biochemistry, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 59:1530-9. 1998..Wheat germ agglutinin was specific for the plasma membrane while peanut agglutinin was specific for the outer acrosomal membrane...
- Evaluation of in vitro capacitation of stallion spermatozoaR Rathi
Department of Equine Sciences, Graduate School of Animal Health, Utrecht University, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 65:462-70. 2001..The AR was assessed using both the CTC and fluorescein isothiocyanate-peanut agglutinin (FITC-PNA) staining techniques with similar results...
- Essence of affinity and specificity of peanut agglutinin-immobilized fluorescent nanospheres with surface poly(N-vinylacetamide) chains for colorectal cancerShinji Sakuma
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Setsunan University, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 79:537-43. 2011..agent that is composed of submicron-sized fluorescent polystyrene nanospheres with two functional groups - peanut agglutinin (PNA) and poly(N-vinylaceamide) (PNVA) - on their surfaces...
- Specific lectins map the distribution of fibronectin and beta 1-integrin on living MDCK cellsJeppe Praetorius
Section of Transport Physiology, Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, The National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bldg 10, Room 6N260, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1603, USA
Exp Cell Res 276:52-62. 2002..Fibronectin was identified by its specific binding of fluorescent peanut agglutinin and sialylated beta 1-integrin by its binding of Sambucus nigra agglutinin...
- Enhancing recombinant glycoprotein sialylation through CMP-sialic acid transporter over expression in Chinese hamster ovary cellsNiki S C Wong
Singapore MIT Alliance, National University of Singapore, 4 Engineering Drive 3, Singapore, Singapore
Biotechnol Bioeng 93:1005-16. 2006..These multiprong approaches can possibly bring us closer toward the goal of maximum and consistent sialylation in glycoprotein production using mammalian cells...
- Peanut and Amaranthus leucocarpus lectins discriminate between memory and naive/quiescent porcine lymphocytesJesus Hernandez
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias, 14080, Tlalpan, Mexico
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 84:71-82. 2002..In this work, we used the lectins Arachis hypogaea (Peanut agglutinin, PNA) and Amaranthus leucocarpus (ALL), specific for Galss1, 3GalNAc, to characterize naive and memory ..
- Comparison of alteration of cell surface carbohydrates of the chinchilla tubotympanum and colonial opacity phenotype of Streptococcus pneumoniae during experimental pneumococcal otitis media with or without an antecedent influenza A virus infectionH H Tong
Department of Otolaryngology, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Infect Immun 70:4292-301. 2002..revealed that the binding of Bandeiraea simplicifolia lectin II, succinylated wheat germ agglutinin, and peanut agglutinin were significantly increased in the lumenal surface of the ET in the cohort infected with both pathogens ..
- Core 1 glycans on alpha-dystroglycan mediate laminin-induced acetylcholine receptor clustering but not laminin bindingErin L McDearmon
Graduate Program in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 278:44868-73. 2003..Like jacalin, peanut agglutinin lectin also binds the core 1 disaccharide but not when it is terminally sialylated as expressed on alpha-..
- Quantitative determination of dietary lectin activities by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using specific glycoproteins immobilized on microtiter platesSimone Vincenzi
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, Universita di Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 50:6266-70. 2002..Examples of application to wheat germ and roasted peanut extracts are reported...
- Characterization, fate, and function of hamster cortical granule componentsT Hoodbhoy
Department of Biology, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 58:223-35. 2001....
- Lectin binding in the human umbilical cord from normally grown pregnancies and from pregnancies complicated by intra-uterine growth retardation with absent or reversed diastolic flowE Sgambati
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, IT 50134 Florence, Italy
Biol Neonate 84:119-34. 2003..The reactivity with ConA and UEA I was stronger in the vein than in the arteries in both study groups. Some hypotheses are reported on the role played by the sugar residues in the normal and pathological umbilical cords...
- Human glands of Moll: histochemical and ultrastructural characterization of the glands of Moll in the human eyelidMechthild Stoeckelhuber
Anatomical Institute, Chair 2, University of Munich, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 121:28-36. 2003..We suppose that these apocrine glands are active from birth in producing agents against pathogenic microorganisms in the eyelid shaft and on the ocular surface...
- Collecting duct carcinoma mixed with common renal cell carcinoma: analysis of morphological characteristics using lectin histochemistryA Nagamoto
Department of Urology, Yamato Municipal Hospital, Kanagawa, 242-8602, Japan
Anticancer Res 21:567-70. 2001..Histochemically, markers for the collecting ducts/distal tubuli, such as peanut agglutinin (PNA) and soybean agglutinin (SBA), were identified in the collecting duct carcinoma as well as on several ..
- The influence of dietary lectins on the cell proliferation of human breast cancer cell lines in vitroUrsula Valentiner
Institute for Anatomy II Experimental Morphology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:1197-206. 2003..If used in cell culture, they can influence cellular proliferation. In this study the in vitro effects of six dietary lectins on the cell proliferation of human breast cancer cell lines were investigated...
- The influence of a colonic microbiota on HPMA copolymer lectin conjugates binding in rodent intestineS Wroblewski
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Drug Target 9:85-94. 2001..fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)-labeled wheat germ agglutinin (WGA) [P(HPMA)-(WGA-FITC)] and FITC-labeled peanut agglutinin (PNA) [P(HPMA)-(PNA-FITC)] in CV and GF mouse colon with and without neuraminidase pretreatment...
- RBC T activation and hemolysis in a neonatal intensive care population: implications for transfusion practiceHarischandra Boralessa
National Blood Service, Brentwood Center, Essex, United Kingdom
Transfusion 42:1428-34. 2002..hypogea, but not G. soja. Although Tk is not a true variant of T, for the purposes of this study, all RBCs that are reactive with A. hypogea but are not reactive with G. soja are called "T variants."..
- Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) lectin recognizes alpha-linked galactose, but not N-acetyl lactosamine in N-linked oligosaccharide terminalsB K Chacko
Biochemistry Division, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, 695011, Thiruvananthapuram, India
Int J Biol Macromol 28:365-71. 2001..When immobilised, melibiose was superior to lactose in PNA binding. Results were confirmed using TAG-specific human serum anti-alpha-galactoside antibody...
- Histochemistry of six lectins in the tissues of the flat fish Paralichthys olivaceusKyung Sook Jung
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Graduate School, Cheju National University, Jeju 690 756, Republic of Korea
J Vet Sci 3:293-301. 2002....
- Potential of lectin-N-(2-hydroxypropyl)methacrylamide copolymer-drug conjugates for the treatment of pre-cancerous conditionsS Wroblewski
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Control Release 74:283-93. 2001N-(2-Hydroxypropyl)methacrylamide (HPMA)-lectin (wheat germ agglutinin (WGA), peanut agglutinin (PNA)) drug conjugates for treatment of the pre-cancerous conditions ulcerative colitis and Barrett's esophagus are being developed...
- Functional changes and motility characteristics of Japanese Black bull spermatozoa separated by PercollK Suzuki
Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station, Morioka 020 0123, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 77:157-72. 2003..acrosomal status (using fluorescence isothiocyanate (FITC) conjugated Pisum Sativum agglutinin (PSA) and Peanut agglutinin (PNA), Naphthol Yellow S and Erythrosin B (NE) or triple staining (TS)), capacitation status (using ..
- Binding capacity of in vitro deglycosylated IgA1 to human mesangial cellsJun Jun Zhang
Renal Division and Institute of Nephrology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, PR China
Clin Immunol 119:103-9. 2006..The efficacy of deglycosylations was assessed by Peanut agglutinin (PNA) and Vicia villosa (VV) lectin...
- Age-related alterations in the carbohydrate residue composition of the cell surface in the unexposed normal human epidermisS Georgiou
Department of Dermatology, University of Patras, Greece
Gerontology 51:155-60. 2005....
- Changes of soluble glycoproteins in dystrophic (dy/dy) mouse muscle shown by lectin bindingS Kirkeby
Institute of Anatomy, Royal Dental College of Copenhagen, Denmark
Pathobiology 60:297-302. 1992..These changes of the muscle carbohydrate components might be involved in the expression of the dystrophic syndrome This seems to be the first report on changes of soluble glycoproteins in muscular dystrophy...
- Structure of the O-glycans in GlyCAM-1, an endothelial-derived ligand for L-selectinS Hemmerich
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
J Biol Chem 270:12035-47. 1995..The structures of two O-glycans, based on core-2, were determined to be: [sequence: see text] The implications of these structures and more complex O-glycans for binding by L-selectin are discussed...
- A phosphatidylinositol-linked peanut agglutinin-binding glycoprotein in central nervous system myelin and on oligodendrocytesD D Mikol
Department of Neurology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Cell Biol 106:1273-9. 1988Here we report the isolation and initial biochemical characterization of a 120-kD peanut agglutinin-binding glycoprotein from the adult human central nervous system (CNS), which is anchored to membranes through a phosphatidylinositol ..
- Cell surface glycosylation diversity of embryonic thymic tissuesErdal Balcan
Molecular Biology Section, Department of Biology, Celal Bayar University, Faculty of Science and Art, 45047 Muradiye Campus, Manisa, Turkey
Acta Histochem 110:14-25. 2008..In order to determine glycosylation changes we used three different plant lectins: peanut agglutinin (PNA), Maackia amurensis leucoagglutinin (MAL or MAAI) and Sambucus nigra agglutinin (SNA), which recognize ..
- Mitogenic lectins bind to the antigen receptor on human lymphocytesO P Chilson
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130
Eur J Immunol 19:389-96. 1989..Pokeweed mitogen recognizes only II and III. These molecules are weakly bound by peanut agglutinin, soybean agglutinin, Ulex europaeus agglutinin-I, Dolichos biflorus agglutinin, Vicia villosa agglutinin and ..
- Placental vessel adaptation during gestation and to high altitude: changes in diameter and perivascular cell coverageE G Zhang
Reproductive Molecular Research Group, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 2SW, UK
Placenta 23:751-62. 2002..markers anti-CD 105, CD31, CD34, Von Willebrand factor (vWF), Ulex europaeus agglutinin 1 (UEA I), Peanut agglutinin (PNA), Dolichos biflorus agglutinin (DBA) and Bandeieraea simplicifolia agglutinin 1 (BS 1) was used...
- Characterization of bovine and human group B streptococci isolated in TurkeyIsmail Hakki Ekin
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Yuzuncu Yil 65080, Van, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 55:517-21. 2006..The results of the study provide data on serotype distribution and the formulation of a possible GBS vaccine in Turkey, and the lectin-agglutination tests may also be useful for differentiating bovine and human GBS strains...
- Collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney: an immunohistochemical evaluation of the use of antibodies for differential diagnosisNaohito Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Pathology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Hum Pathol 39:1350-9. 2008....
- Induction of IgE antibody responses by protein allergens: inter-laboratory comparisonsR J Dearman
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4TJ, UK
Food Chem Toxicol 41:1509-16. 2003..Female BALB/c strain mice (n=5) were exposed to 0.1% peanut agglutinin, an allergenic constituent of peanuts, to 2% ovalbumin (OVA), a major allergenic constituent of hens' egg, ..
- Ultrastructural localization of binding sites for PNA and VVA-B(4) lectins in human breast cancer cell lines detected by confocal fluorescence microscopyG Konska
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jagiellonian University, 9 Medyczna, 30 688 Krakow, Poland
Int J Oncol 21:1009-14. 2002..Expression of Tn antigen on MCF-10A cells with normal (or subnormal) karyotype suggests that the process of malignant transformation of the cell begins with the changes in molecular structure of glycoconjugates...
- [Optimization of the preparation and the properties of conjugate of 5-Fluorouracil and peanut agglutinin]Cai Qin
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:408-10. 2005This study was aimed at optimizing the preparation of 5-Fluorouracil and peanut agglutinin conjugates so as to obtain a conjugate with high activity and high drug ratio, and to choose suitable dosage form in the light of its properties.
- Protection of boar spermatozoa from cold shock damage by 2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrinW X Zeng
Animal Reproduction, Faculty of Applied Biological Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima, Japan
Theriogenology 55:615-27. 2001..system, and the acrosome and membrane integrity were evaluated by fluorescent staining with FlTC-labeled peanut agglutinin and SYBR-14 plus Propidium Iodide, respectively...
- Identification of amplified restriction fragment length polymorphism markers linked to genes controlling boar sperm viability following cryopreservationLisa M Thurston
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 66:545-54. 2002..plasma membrane integrity (SYBR-14 positive), and acrosome integrity (positive for fluorescein-labeled peanut agglutinin; PNA). Consistent between-boar variability was detected for postthaw sperm motility (P < 0...
- Evaluation of post-thaw Asian elephant (Elephas maximus) spermatozoa using flow cytometry: the effects of extender and cryoprotectantNikorn Thongtip
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Center for Agricultural Biotechnology, Kasetsaart University, Nakhon Pathom 73140, Thailand
Theriogenology 62:748-60. 2004..The data support the use of TEST + glycerol as an acceptable cryopreservation media of Asian elephant semen for the establishment of sperm banks...
- Fate of the acrosome in ooplasm in pigs after IVF and ICSIMika Katayama
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Rokkodai cho Nada ku, Hyogo, Japan
Hum Reprod 17:2657-64. 2002..Morphological changes in the acrosomes of sperm in the ooplasm were therefore examined following IVF and ICSI using pig gametes...
- Structural plasticity of peanut lectin: an X-ray analysis involving variation in pH, ligand binding and crystal structureS Kundhavai Natchiar
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:211-9. 2004..Small consistent movements occur in the combining site upon sugar binding, although the site is essentially preformed...
- Detection and quantification of capsular exopolysaccharides from Streptococcus thermophilus using lectin probesG Robitaille
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada, J2S 8E3
J Dairy Sci 89:4156-62. 2006..Fluorescein isothiocyanate-labeled peanut agglutinin isolated from Arachis hypogaea was found to interact specifically with the CPS of Strep. thermophilus MR-1C...
- 2,2,2-Trifluoroethanol-Induced structural change of peanut agglutinin at different pH: A comparative accountSagarika Dev
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
IUBMB Life 58:473-9. 2006b>Peanut Agglutinin (PNA) is a legume lectin with a unique open quarternary structure. It is a homotetrameric protein, the monomeric subunit of which is made up of 3 beta sheets...
- Photoswitchable cluster glycosides as tools to probe carbohydrate-protein interactions: synthesis and lectin-binding studies of azobenzene containing multivalent sugar ligandsOruganti Srinivas
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, Karnataka, India
Glycobiology 15:861-73. 2005..Isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) was employed to assess the binding of these glycoclusters to lectins peanut agglutinin (PNA) and concanavalin A (Con A)...
- Localization of phosphatidylserine in boar sperm cell membranes during capacitation and acrosome reactionAnke Kurz
Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Institut fur Biologie, Invalidenstrasse 42, D 10099 Berlin, Germany
Reproduction 130:615-26. 2005..The stable cytoplasmic localization of PS in the plasma membrane, as well as in the outer acrosome membrane, is assumed to be essential for a proper genesis of sperm cells during capacitation and acrosome reaction...
- Close linkage of PUM and SPTA within chromosome band 1q21H Middleton-Price
Mothercare Department of Paediatric Genetics, Institute of Child Health, London
Ann Hum Genet 52:273-8. 1988..Linkage analysis between PUM and the Duffy blood group (FY) gave a maximum lod of 2.15 at theta = 0.15. These data combined with data from another laboratory give a maximum lod of 5.21 for linkage between PUM and FY at theta = 0.10...
- Cell-free immune reactions in insectsM Mahbubur Rahman
Insect Molecular Biology, University of Adelaide, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
J Insect Physiol 52:754-62. 2006..The existence of cell-free defence reactions implies that immune signals exist upstream of cell-bound receptors...
- Preparation and characterization of novel branched beta-cyclodextrins having beta-D-galactose residues on the non-reducing terminal of the side chains and their specific interactions with peanut (Arachis hypogaea) agglutininAkiko Ikuta
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68 Koshien Kyuban cho, Nishinomiya 663 8179, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 52:51-6. 2004..The results showed that all branched betaCDs interacted with PNA, and the binding affinity was 18>14>10 and 19>15>11 when the derivatives were compared on the basis of side chain length...
- Correlation between the sialylation of cell surface Thomsen-Friedenreich antigen and the metastatic potential of colon carcinoma cells in a mouse modelY Nemoto-Sasaki
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Molecular Immunology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
Glycoconj J 18:895-906. 2001..The results showed that peanut agglutinin (PNA), Sambucus nigra agglutinin, Ulex europeus agglutinin-I, anti-LeX, anti-LeY, and anti-Le(b) antibodies ..
- Loss of L-PHA-, PNA-, or ConA-reactive oligosaccharides is associated with a poor prognosis in human Burkitt's lymphomaOsamu Suzuki
Fukushima Medical University, School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Oncol Rep 17:775-9. 2007..Collectively, a loss of L-PHA-, PNA-, or ConA-reactive oligosaccharides is closely associated with a poor prognosis in patients with Burkitt's lymphoma...
- Thiourea-linked upper rim calixarene neoglycoconjugates: synthesis, conformations and binding propertiesFrancesco Sansone
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Industriale, Universita degli Studi, Parco Area delle Scienze 17 A, I 43100 Parma, Italy
Org Biomol Chem 1:1802-9. 2003..Both features show that the neoglycoconjugates could also be used as site specific molecular delivery systems...
- Rhodopsin-like immunoreactivity in the 'all cone' retina of the chameleon (Chameleo chameleo)Mohamed Bennis
Unité de Neurobiologie, Faculté des Sciences Semlalia, Marrakech, BP 2390, Morocco
Exp Eye Res 80:623-7. 2005..We conclude that in the nonmammalian retina, rods and cones cannot be exclusively distinguished on purely morphological grounds...
- Neuraminidase production by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiaeQinning Wang
Microbiology, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Vet Microbiol 107:265-72. 2005..Enzyme production and activity were medium and pH dependent. The peanut lectin haemagglutination assay is a simple, rapid and sensitive method and is particularly useful for the analysis of multiple samples...
- A rapid assay of the sialidase activity in species of the Bacteroides fragilis group by using peanut lectin hemagglutinationViviane Nakano
Laboratorio de Anaerobios, Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Anaerobe 12:238-41. 2006..This neuraminidase assays based on PNA hemagglutination is highly sensitive, reproducible and could be used as a tool to detect the sialidase activity in anaerobic bacteria, particularly, in species of the B. fragilis group...
- Dynamic regulation of T cell immunity by CD43Thandi M Onami
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Department of Surgery, Emory School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 168:6022-31. 2002..response, Ag-specific effector T cells show dramatically increased binding by the mAb 1B11 and the lectin peanut agglutinin (PNA)...
- Characterization of glycans in the developmental stages of Myxobolus cerebralis (Myxozoa), the causative agent of whirling diseaseH Kaltner
Institute for Physiology, Physiological Chemistry and Animal Nutrition, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Fish Dis 30:637-47. 2007....
- Effect of in vitrofertilization medium on the acrosome reaction, cortical reaction, zona pellucida hardening and in vitro development in pigsP Coy
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, Spain
Reproduction 124:279-88. 2002..of live acrosome-reacted and acrosome-intact cells was determined by fluorescein isothiocyanate-labelled peanut agglutinin (FITC-PNA) and propidium iodide (PI) staining...
- Increase of glycocalyx and altered lectin agglutination profiles of Pasteurella haemolytica A1 after incubation in bovine subcutaneous tissue chambers in vivo or in ruminant serum in vitroK Brogden
National Animal Disease Center, U S Department of Agriculture, Ames, Iowa 50010, USA
Infect Immun 65:957-63. 1997..08% sodium azide. Profiles did not vary with 10 of 17 lectins. However, profiles did vary with peanut agglutinin, Phaseolus vulgaris leucoagglutinin, Sophora japonica agglutinin, Maackia amurensis lectin II, Narcissus ..
- Lectin mapping reveals stage-specific display of surface carbohydrates in in vitro and haemolymph-derived cells of the entomopathogenic fungus Beauveria bassianaArun Wanchoo
Department of Microbiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Microbiology 155:3121-33. 2009..nivalis (GNL), Griffonia simplicifolia (GSII), Helix pomatia (HPA), Griffonia simplicifolia isolectin (GSI), peanut agglutinin (PNA), Ulex europaeus agglutinin I (UEAI) and wheatgerm agglutinin (WGA), and weak reactivity against ..
- A lectin histochemical study on the testis of the babirusa, Babyroussa babyrussa (Suidae)S Agungpriyono
Department of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Anat Histol Embryol 36:343-8. 2007..testis of babirusa, Babyrousa babyrussa (Suidae) was studied histochemically using 10 biotinylated lectins, Peanut agglutinin (PNA), Ricinus communis agglutinin (RCA I), Dolichos biflorus agglutinin (DBA), Vicia villosa agglutinin (..
- Identification of 45 kD antigen in immune complexes of patients of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosisT Madan
Centre for Biochemical Technology, Delhi University Campus, India
Mol Cell Biochem 166:111-6. 1997..characterization using various lectins (Maackia amurensis agglutinin, Sambucus nigra agglutinin, Peanut agglutinin, Galanthus nivalis agglutinin and Datura stramonium agglutinin) showed presence of both N-linked and O-..
- Lectin binding characteristics of squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckA K Lalwani
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Acta Otolaryngol 116:125-31. 1996..Conconavalin A (Con A) from Canavalia ensiformis and the peanut agglutinin (PNA) from Arachis hypogaea bound all SCC cell lines tested and wheat germ agglutinin (WGA) from Triticum ..
- Lectins as markers for blood groupingFauzia Khan
Genetics Section, Department of Zoology, AMU, Aligarh, India
Med Sci Monit 8:RA293-300. 2002..b>Peanut agglutinin (PNA), Polybrene, and Glycine max lectins are frequently used for the identification of different ..
- Effect of N-acetyl-D-glucosamine on bovine sperm-oocyte interactionsYosuke Sakaguchi
Tokyo University of Agriculture, Kanagawa, Japan
J Reprod Dev 55:676-84. 2009..an acrosome reaction, as evidenced by the hypo-osmotic swelling test and fluorescein isothiocyanate-labeled peanut agglutinin/propidium iodide (FITC-PNA/PI) staining...
- Effects of pentoxifylline treatment before freezing on motility, viability and acrosome status of poor quality human spermatozoa cryopreserved by the liquid nitrogen vapor methodS C Esteves
Laboratório de Reprodução Humana, Disciplina de Urologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 40:985-92. 2007..and calcium ionophore-induced acrosome reactions were assessed with fluorescein isothiocyanate-conjugated peanut agglutinin combined with a supra-vital dye (Hoechst-33258)...
- Induction of capacitation and the acrosome reaction of boar spermatozoa by L-arginine and nitric oxide synthesis associated with the anion transport systemH Funahashi
Department of Animal Science, Okayama University, 1 1 1 Tsushima naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Reproduction 124:857-64. 2002..L-arginine in the culture medium induced an acrosome reaction as determined by fluorescein isothiocyanate-peanut agglutinin (FITC-PNA) and increased intracellular NO content, as quantified by a fluorescent indicator, ..
- Tracing the development of single memory-lineage B cells in a highly defined immune responseA H Liu
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Exp Med 183:2053-63. 1996..center centrocytes, including a low level of surface Ig, a lack of surface IgD, a high level of receptor for peanut agglutinin, and expression of mutated antibody V genes...
- Terminal alpha-linked galactose rather than N-acetyl lactosamine is ligand for bovine heart galectin-1 in N-linked oligosaccharides of glycoproteinsP S Appukuttan
Division of Biochemistry, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram 695011, India
J Mol Recognit 15:180-7. 2002..co-purified with BHL-14; (ii) mouse laminin; and (iii) bovine heart glycoproteins recognized by peanut agglutinin. Modification of TAG in laminin using galactose oxidase also rendered the glycoprotein inert towards BHL-14...
- Distribution of lectin-bindings in the testis of the lesser mouse deer, Tragulus javanicusS Agungpriyono
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor 16680, Indonesia
Anat Histol Embryol 38:208-13. 2009..lesser mouse deer (Tragulus javanicus), was studied using 12 biotinylated lectins specific for d-galactose (peanut agglutinin PNA, Ricinus communis agglutinin RCA I), N-acetyl-d-galactosamine (Dolichos biflorus agglutinin DBA, Vicia ..
- Effect of beta-mercaptoethanol during in vitro fertilization procedures on sperm penetration into porcine oocytes and the early development in vitroHiroaki Funahashi
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Tsushima Naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Reproduction 130:889-98. 2005..1 h after activation with calcium ionophore, mean pixel intensity of fluorescein isothiocyanate-labeled peanut agglutinin (FITC-PNA) at the cortex region was lower in the oocytes activated and cultured in the presence of 50 ..
- Bovine retinal rod guanyl cyclase represents a new N-glycosylated subtype of membrane-bound guanyl cyclasesK W Koch
Institut für Biologische Informationsverarbeitung, Forschungszentrum Julich, Germany
Eur J Biochem 222:589-95. 1994..nigra agglutinin, Maackia amurensis agglutinin, Ricinus communis agglutinin, Datura stramonium agglutinin, peanut agglutinin and by chromatography of the purified enzyme using concanavalin-A-Sepharose...
- Changes of glycoconjugate expression in nasal respiratory mucosa of rats exposed to welding fumesGil Nam Jeong
Division of Science Education, College of Education, Pusan National University, Geumjeong Gu, Busan, Korea
Inhal Toxicol 19:987-95. 2007..The dorsal septal glands exhibited an affinity with peanut agglutinin (PNA), BSL-I, and RCA-I, which was also not visible in the control group...
- Specific lectin bindings to oval cells and proliferated bile ductulesY Makino
First Department of Internal Medicine, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Gastroenterol Jpn 23:658-65. 1988..A few cells in the portal bile ducts showed binding of peanut agglutinin (PNA). Two different binding patterns were observed in oval cells and proliferated bile ductules...
- Use of lectin binding characteristics to identify gastrointestinal parasite eggs in faecesI G Colditz
Pastoral Research Laboratory, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Armidale, NSW, Australia
Vet Parasitol 105:219-27. 2002..Lectin binding exhibited a genus specific pattern. Haemonchus spp. stained strongly positive with peanut agglutinin (PNA), and were positive for concanavalin A (ConA), Ricinus communis agglutinin (RCA) and Maclura pomifera ..
- The Emu-bcl-2 transgene enhances antigen-induced germinal center formation in both BALB/c and SJL mice but causes age-dependent germinal center hyperplasia only in the lymphoma-prone SJL strainE A Secord
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 147:422-33. 1995..abortus and the germinal center (GC) response in draining brachial lymph nodes was studied by staining with peanut agglutinin peroxidase and methyl green...
- Molecular characterization of pig alpha2,3-Gal-beta1,3-GalNAc-alpha2,6-sialyltransferase (pST6GalNAc IV) gene specific for Neu5Acalpha2-3Galbeta1-3GalNAc trisaccharide structureHyun Kwon Ko
Molecular and Cellular Glycobiology Unit, Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Chunchun dong, Jangan gu, Suwon City, Kyunggi Do, 440 746, South Korea
Glycoconj J 27:367-74. 2010..amurensis agglutinin (MAA), Maackia amurensis hemagglutinin (MAL II), Sambucus nigra agglutinin (SNA) and peanut agglutinin (PNA) lectins...
- Post-translational modifications in glycosylation status during epididymal passage and significance in fertility of a 33 kDa glycoprotein (MEF3) of rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta)Abhishek Chandra
Division of Endocrinology, Central Drug Research Institute, PO Box 173, Lucknow 226001, India
Reproduction 135:761-70. 2008..wheat germ agglutinin), fucosylated (Tetragonolotus purpurea), and N-Ac-galactosamine (peanut agglutinin) residues on more mature corpus and caudal spermatozoa in a maturation-dependent manner on Western blots ..
- The glycosylation status of murine [corrected] postnatal thymus: a study by histochemistry and lectin blottingErdal Balcan
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Art, Celal Bayar University, Molecular Biology Sect 45047 Muradiye Campus, Manisa, Turkey
J Mol Histol 39:417-26. 2008..On the other hand, while reaction with peanut agglutinin (PNA), which specific for core disaccharide galactose beta(1 --> 3) N-acetylgalactosamine, was only seen ..
- Lectin-mediated bioadhesion: binding characteristics of plant lectins on the enterocyte-like cell lines Caco-2, HT-29 and HCT-8F Gabor
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, The University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
J Control Release 55:131-42. 1998..The lectin-binding rate increased as follows: Dolichos biflorus agglutinin, DBA<peanut agglutinin, PNA<Lens culinaris agglutinin, LCA<Solanum tuberosum lectin, STL<Ulex europaeus isoagglutinin I, ..
- Histological and lectin binding changes in the genital tract of mice infected with Tritrichomonas foetusC E Monteavaro
Department of Animal Sanitation and Preventive Medicine, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Tandil, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Comp Pathol 138:40-5. 2008..was increased binding of soy bean agglutinin (SBA) which was maximal on day 19 post-inoculation, and of peanut agglutinin (PNA) which was maximal on day 16 post-inoculation...
- Purification and basic characteristics of sialidase from Tritrichomonas mobilensisP Babal
Department of Pathology, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Folia Biol (Praha) 41:319-30. 1995..changed the agglutination of human RBCs by other lectins: created agglutinability with galactose-specific peanut agglutinin, but did not change agglutination with alpha 2,6 sialic acid linkage-specific Sambucus nigra lectin and ..
- Does recombinant adeno-associated virus-vectored proximal region of mouse rhodopsin promoter support only rod-type specific expression in vivo?Lyudmyla G Glushakova
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Mol Vis 12:298-309. 2006..Here, we evaluated whether the presence of certain cis-elements in this proximal promoter, such as the rod-specific, neural retina leucine zipper protein (NRL) response element (NRE), can render it a driver of rod-specific expression...
- Tenascin knockout mice: barrels, boundary molecules, and glial scarsD A Steindler
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee, Memphis
J Neurosci 15:1971-83. 1995..b>Peanut agglutinin (PNA) binding of galactosyl-containing glycoconjugates also revealed barrel boundaries in all three ..
- Evidence of glycosylated sites on the endothelin-1 receptor in Swiss 3T3 cellsP Devesly
Department of Pharmacology, Berlex Laboratories, Inc, Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 17:S134-6. 1991..of cells for 1 h at 37 degrees C with concanavalin A, soybean agglutinin, Ulex europaeus agglutinin I, peanut agglutinin, or Galanthus nivalis agglutinin...
- Mutations adjacent to the dimple of the canine parvovirus capsid structure affect sialic acid bindingD P Barbis
James A Baker Institute, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca 14853
Virology 191:301-8. 1992..periodate and inhibited by wheat germ agglutinin, but was not significantly affected by concanavalin A, peanut agglutinin, or soluble N-acetyl-neuraminlactose...
- Microalgal cell surface carbohydrates as recognition sites for particle sorting in suspension-feeding bivalvesEmmanuelle Pales Espinosa
Stony Brook University, New York 11794 5000, USA
Biol Bull 218:75-86. 2010..while Nitzschia closterium reacted with Pisum sativum agglutinin (PNA) and peanut agglutinin (PEA)...
- Effect of oviductal and cumulus cells on zona pellucida and cortical granules of porcine oocytes fertilized in vitro with epididymal spermatozoaR Romar
Department of Physiology Veterinary Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Murcia, 30071 Murcia, Spain
Anim Reprod Sci 85:287-300. 2005..of each oocyte was evaluated by confocal microscopy after staining with fluorescein isothiocyanate-labelled peanut agglutinin (FITC-PNA)...
- Sildenafil citrate improves sperm motility but causes a premature acrosome reaction in vitroDavid R J Glenn
School of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen s University Belfast, Institute of Clinical Science, Belfast, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 87:1064-70. 2007..To determine whether sildenafil citrate, a cyclic monophosphate-specific type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitor, influences sperm motility or the acrosome reaction...
- PNA RECEPTORS OF ACTIVATED LYMPHOCYTESQi Yan; Fiscal Year: 2004..of this proposal is to identify glycoproteins that have glycosylation changes on activated lymphocytes using peanut agglutinin (PNA) and to understand the biological functions of the corresponding carbohydrate changes on CD45...
- Role of Glycosylation of Dsg1 in Pemphigus acantholysisNing Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..This plan was build upon a very novel finding that two galactose-specific lectins, jacalin and peanut agglutinin (PNA), bind baculovirus expressed pemphigus foliaceus (PF) antigen, desmoglein 1 (rDsgl), and protect mice ..
- MECHANISMS THAT GUIDE MOTOR AXON PATHFINDINGCATHERINE KRULL; Fiscal Year: 2003..tyrosine kinases (RTKs) and their ligands, the ephrins, and 2) two glycoproteins that bind the lectin peanut agglutinin. The specific aims of our studies are as follows: 1) Analyze the effects of blocking Eph RTK-ligand ..
- THE MOLECULAR SPECIFICITY OF RETINAL CELLS AND SYNAPSESLINCOLN JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 1990..This interest was spurred by the observation that the lectin peanut agglutinin (PNA) binds specifically to cones in a variety of vertebrate retinae...
- BIOADHESIVE POLYMER CONJUGATES WITH ANTICANCER ACTIVITYJindrich Kopecek; Fiscal Year: 2000..These systems will be based on the concept of binding of N-(2-Hydroxypropyl) methacrylamide (HPMA) copolymer-peanut agglutinin (PNA)-9- aminocamptothecin (9-AC) conjugates to diseased sites by specific PNA- glycoprotein interactions, ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF PHOTORECEPTOR DEGENERATIONRong Wen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, combined treatment with neurotrophic factors and caspase inhibitors will be used to investigate if enhanced protection can be achieved. ..
- Pathogenesis of choroidal neovascularizationRong Wen; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of the chronic inflammatory mediator NO in early mammary tumorigenesisLESLEY ELLIES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Apoptosis in PemphigusNing Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..The work is likely to lead to a more comprehensive R01 project investigating the apoptotic pathways involved in pemphigus and its pathogenic role in pemphigus. ..
- Effect of Versican Mutation on Limb Development In VitroANTHONY CAPEHART; Fiscal Year: 2006..Western blotting, and immunohistochemistry for endogenous or ectopic versican, augmented by correlation with peanut agglutinin-binding, Alcian blue histochemistry, and localization of collagen Type II and hyaluronan...
- Adnesion Receptors of the Insect Immune SystemJAMES NARDI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding the molecular underpinnings of the insect immune response will clearly help in understanding the fate of pathogens in the blood of insect vectors of human diseases. ..
- ADHESION MOLECULES IN NO MODULATED TUMORIGENESISLESLEY ELLIES; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will help to define t h e importance of NO mediated alterations in adhesion molecules in tumorigenesis and may lead to improved therapy for cancer patients. ..
- Role of SV40 in Salivary Gland TumorigenesisLESLEY ELLIES; Fiscal Year: 2003..Analysis of molecular changes occurring during salivary gland tumorigenesis may lead to the development of therapeutic agents for the treatment of malignant disease. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF UTERINE HEPARAN SULFATE RECEPTORSDaniel Carson; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, we will examine the role(s) that HIP/L29 plays in vivo using transgenic mouse models. ..