Genomes and Genes
Summary: A myogenic regulatory factor that controls myogenesis. Myogenin is induced during differentiation of every skeletal muscle cell line that has been investigated, in contrast to the other myogenic regulatory factors that only appear in certain cell types.
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Single-cell analysis of regulatory gene expression in quiescent and activated mouse skeletal muscle satellite cellsD D Cornelison
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Dev Biol 191:270-83. 1997..express either MyoD or myf5 first among the MRFs; most cells then expressed both myf-5 and MyoD simultaneously; myogenin came on later in cells expressing both MyoD and myf5; and many cells ultimately expressed all four MRFs ..
- Myogenin and class II HDACs control neurogenic muscle atrophy by inducing E3 ubiquitin ligasesViviana Moresi
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell 143:35-45. 2010..We show that myogenin, an essential regulator of muscle development, controls neurogenic atrophy...
- p53-independent expression of p21Cip1 in muscle and other terminally differentiating cellsS B Parker
Department of Biochemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Science 267:1024-7. 1995..p21 expression in 10T1/2 cells, p21 was expressed in myogenic cells of mice lacking the genes encoding MyoD and myogenin, demonstrating that p21 expression does not require these transcription factors...
- Cooperative activation of muscle gene expression by MEF2 and myogenic bHLH proteinsJ D Molkentin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Cell 83:1125-36. 1995..in transfected fibroblasts, but when coexpressed with the myogenic basic-helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins MyoD or myogenin they dramatically increase the extent of myogenic conversion above that seen with either myogenic bHLH factor ..
- MyoD targets chromatin remodeling complexes to the myogenin locus prior to forming a stable DNA-bound complexIvana L de la Serna
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Cell Biology, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:3997-4009. 2005..To understand the mechanism of activation, we performed chromatin immunoprecipitations analyzing the myogenin promoter...
- Teashirt-3, a novel regulator of muscle differentiation, associates with BRG1-associated factor 57 (BAF57) to inhibit myogenin gene expressionHervé Faralli
Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille Luminy, UMR 6216, CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Campus de Luminy, Case 907, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
J Biol Chem 286:23498-510. 2011..we showed that overexpression of Tshz3 impaired myogenic differentiation and promoted the down-regulation of myogenin (Myog) and up-regulation of paired-box factor 7 (Pax7)...
- MyoD targets TAF3/TRF3 to activate myogenin transcriptionMaria Divina E Deato
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Cell 32:96-105. 2008..system to analyze the properties of a TAF3/TRF3 complex in directing transcription initiation at the Myogenin promoter...
- Failure of Myf5 to support myogenic differentiation without myogenin, MyoD, and MRF4M R Valdez
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas, 75235 9148, USA
Dev Biol 219:287-98. 2000The basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors-MyoD, Myf5, myogenin, and MRF4-can each activate the skeletal muscle-differentiation program in transfection assays...
- Muscle deficiency and neonatal death in mice with a targeted mutation in the myogenin geneP Hasty
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Nature 364:501-6. 1993b>Myogenin is a muscle-specific transcription factor that can induce myogenesis in a variety of cell types in tissue culture. To test myogenin's role in vivo, mice homozygous for a targeted mutation in the myogenin gene were generated...
- Myogenin, a factor regulating myogenesis, has a domain homologous to MyoDW E Wright
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
Cell 56:607-17. 1989..isolation, sequence, and initial characterization of the cDNA for the muscle-specific regulatory factor skeletal myogenin. Transfection of myogenin into the mesenchymal cell line C3H10T1/2 produces cells expressing muscle-specific ..
- Cyclic amplification and selection of targets (CASTing) for the myogenin consensus binding siteW E Wright
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas 75235
Mol Cell Biol 11:4104-10. 1991The consensus binding site for the muscle regulatory factor myogenin was determined from an unbiased set of degenerate oligonucleotides using CASTing (cyclic amplification and selection of targets)...
- RNA-binding motif protein 24 regulates myogenin expression and promotes myogenic differentiationDonghao Jin
Department of Bioscience, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Genes Cells 15:1158-67. 2010..b>Myogenin is a major player in the initiation and maintenance of myogenic differentiation in a mouse myoblast cell line, ..
- Transcription factor TEAD4 regulates expression of myogenin and the unfolded protein response genes during C2C12 cell differentiationA Benhaddou
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM UdS, 1 rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
Cell Death Differ 19:220-31. 2012..We show that TEAD factors directly induce Myogenin, CDKN1A and Caveolin 3 expression to promote myoblast differentiation...
- p21(CIP1) and p57(KIP2) control muscle differentiation at the myogenin stepP Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 USA
Genes Dev 13:213-24. 1999..point of arrest during muscle development is identical to that of mice lacking the myogenic transcription factor myogenin, indicating a role for cell-cycle exit in myogenin function...
- The methyl-CpG-binding protein CIBZ suppresses myogenic differentiation by directly inhibiting myogenin expressionYu Oikawa
Division of Gene Function in Animals, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Cell Res 21:1578-90. 2011..of skeletal muscle are carried out mainly by satellite cells, which, upon stimulation, begin to express myogenin (Myog), the critical determinant of myogenic differentiation...
- The small chromatin-binding protein p8 coordinates the association of anti-proliferative and pro-myogenic proteins at the myogenin promoterRamkumar Sambasivan
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, 500 007 India
J Cell Sci 122:3481-91. 2009..We show that, similar to MyoD and p300, p8 and p68 are located at the myogenin promoter, and that knockdown of p8 compromises chromatin association of all four proteins...
- Suppression of testosterone does not blunt mRNA expression of myoD, myogenin, IGF, myostatin or androgen receptor post strength training in humansThue Kvorning
Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Physiol 578:579-93. 2007..05). mRNA expression of IGF-IE(bc) and myogenin increased, while expression of myostatin decreased (P < 0...
- Expression of myogenin during embryogenesis is controlled by Six/sine oculis homeoproteins through a conserved MEF3 binding siteF Spitz
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U129, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14220-5. 1998b>Myogenin, one of the MyoD family of proteins, is expressed early during somitogenesis and is required for myoblast fusion in vivo...
- SMD and NMD are competitive pathways that contribute to myogenesis: effects on PAX3 and myogenin mRNAsChenguang Gong
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Genes Dev 23:54-66. 2009..remarkable balance between SMD and the two types of NMD in view of data indicating that PAX3 mRNA is an SMD target whose decay promotes myogenesis whereas myogenin mRNA is a classical NMD target encoding a protein required for myogenesis.
- Mirk/dyrk1B is a Rho-induced kinase active in skeletal muscle differentiationXiaobing Deng
Departments of Pathology and Cell and Developmental Biology, Upstate Medical University, State University of New York, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41347-54. 2003..Mirk was induced with similar kinetics to another Rho-induced differentiation gene, myogenin. Mirk protein levels increased 10-fold within 24-48 h after primary cultured muscle cells; C2C12 mouse myoblasts ..
- MyoD and myogenin are coexpressed in regenerating skeletal muscle of the mouseE M Füchtbauer
Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Dev Dyn 193:34-9. 1992..Little is known about the presence of MyoD1 and myogenin during the process of regeneration...
- Identification of MAFbx as a myogenin-engaged F-box protein in SCF ubiquitin ligaseMisako Jogo
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Chiba University, Inage Ku, Chiba, Japan
FEBS Lett 583:2715-9. 2009Myogenesis is conducted by transcription factors including MyoD and myogenin. Myogenin is known to be polyubiquitinated by SCF (Skp1/Cullin 1/F-box protein) followed by proteasomal degradation, though the participating F-box protein is ..
- Interplay between DNA methylation and transcription factor availability: implications for developmental activation of the mouse Myogenin geneDaniela Palacios
Section of Gene Function and Regulation, Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 30:3805-15. 2010..Using the mouse Myogenin promoter as an example of the weak CpG island class of promoters, we find that it is initially methylated but ..
- Repetitive stretch induces c-fos and myogenin mRNA within several hours in skeletal muscle removed from ratsSatoshi Ikeda
Department of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:419-23. 2003..To investigate what effect repetitive stretch has on gene transcription in muscle tissues removed from rats...
- Induction of myogenin messenger ribonucleic acid in rat skeletal muscle after 1 hour of passive repetitive stretchingSatoshi Ikeda
Department of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:166-7. 2004To investigate the effect of repetitive passive stretch of living rat muscle on myogenin messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) expression.
- Myogenic differentiation in atrium-derived adult cardiac pluripotent cells and the transcriptional regulation of GATA4 and myogenin on ANP promoterMd Kamrul Hasan
International Research and Educational Institute for Integrated Medical Sciences IREIIMS, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawadacho, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Genes Cells 15:439-54. 2010..Notably, small population of LA-PCs coexpressed GATA4 and myogenin, which are markers specific to cardiomyocytes and skeletal myocytes, respectively, and could differentiate into ..
- Sodium arsenite represses the expression of myogenin in C2C12 mouse myoblast cells through histone modifications and altered expression of Ezh2, Glp, and Igf-1Gia Ming Hong
Environmental Toxicology Graduate Program, Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, 132 Long Hall, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 260:250-9. 2012..that 20 nM sodium arsenite exposure to C2C12 mouse myocyte cells delayed myoblast differentiation due to reduced myogenin expression, the transcription factor that differentiates myoblasts into myotubes...
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-5 blocks skeletal muscle differentiation by inhibiting IGF actionsAditi Mukherjee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:206-15. 2008....
- Regulating a master regulator: establishing tissue-specific gene expression in skeletal muscleArif Aziz
Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, CA
Epigenetics 5:691-5. 2010..Thus Mef2d, Six4, and p38α MAPK function coordinately as regulators of a master regulator to mediate expression of MyoD target genes...
- HMGB1-RAGE regulates muscle satellite cell homeostasis through p38-MAPK- and myogenin-dependent repression of Pax7 transcriptionFrancesca Riuzzi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences and Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06122, Perugia, Italy
J Cell Sci 125:1440-54. 2012..We showed that myogenin repressed Pax7 transcription in differentiating myoblasts by binding to specific recognition sites in the Pax7 ..
- Histone methyltransferase KMT1A restrains entry of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma cells into a myogenic differentiated stateMin Hyung Lee
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 71:3921-31. 2011..Thus, targeting KMT1A may be a novel strategy for the treatment of this disease...
- Leptin impairs myogenesis in C2C12 cells through JAK/STAT and MEK signaling pathwaysMaja Pijet
Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw University of Life Sciences SGGW, Nowoursynowska 159, 02 776 Warsaw, Poland
Cytokine 61:445-54. 2013..Summing up, partially opposite effects of insulin and leptin on skeletal muscle growth emphasize the importance of interplay between these cytokines. They determine how muscle mass is gained or lost...
- Sequential recruitment of PCAF and BRG1 contributes to myogenin activation in 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced early differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma-derived cellsZhao Yong Li
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, China
J Biol Chem 282:18872-8. 2007b>Myogenin and its upstream regulator MyoD are known to be required for myogenic cell differentiation...
- Muscle differentiation. Which myogenic factors make muscle?M Buckingham
Department of Molecular Biology, Pasteur Institute, CNRS ERS 67, Paris, France
Curr Biol 4:61-3. 1994Mice lacking myogenin have little skeletal muscle as fibres fail to differentiate. Lack of both MyoD and myf-5 results in no skeletal muscle and apparently no myoblasts, suggesting that these factors act earlier in muscle development.
- Regulation of heterochromatin remodelling and myogenin expression during muscle differentiation by FAK interaction with MBD2Shi Wen Luo
Department of Neurology, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
EMBO J 28:2568-82. 2009..chromatin remodelling by its interaction with MBD2 (methyl CpG-binding protein 2), underlying FAK regulation of myogenin expression and muscle differentiation...
- Myogenin and MyoD1 expression in paediatric rhabdomyosarcomasN J Sebire
Department of Histopathology, Camelia Botnar Laboratories, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London GU21 2FB, UK
J Clin Pathol 56:412-6. 2003..This review examines the use of the immunohistochemical markers, MyoD1 and myogenin, in the diagnosis of paediatric rhabdomyosarcoma, including its subtypes.
- MyoD, myogenin independent differentiation of primordial myoblasts in mouse somitesM G Cusella-De Angelis
Institute of Histology and Embryology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
J Cell Biol 116:1243-55. 1992The accumulation of two myogenic regulatory proteins, MyoD and myogenin, was investigated by double-immunocytochemistry and correlated with myosin heavy chain expression in different classes of myoblasts in culture and during early ..
- Accelerated response of the myogenin gene to denervation in mutant mice lacking phosphorylation of myogenin at threonine 87Chris S Blagden
Molecular Neurobiology Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical School, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:1983-9. 2004..The binding of these bHLH proteins, notably MyoD and myogenin, to E-boxes in their own regulatory regions is blocked by protein kinase C (PKC)-mediated phosphorylation of a ..
- Myogenin induces higher oxidative capacity in pre-existing mouse muscle fibres after somatic DNA transferMerete Ekmark
Department of Biology, University of Oslo, PO Box 1051, Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Physiol 548:259-69. 2003..b>Myogenin is a muscle-specific, basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that is important during early muscle ..
- The insulin-like growth factor-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt signaling pathway regulates myogenin expression in normal myogenic cells but not in rhabdomyosarcoma-derived RD cellsQ Xu
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Peoples Republic of China
J Biol Chem 275:36750-7. 2000..One of the molecular mechanisms underlying IGF-stimulated myogenesis is transcriptional induction of myogenin. The current work is aimed to elucidate the signaling pathways mediating the IGF effect on myogenin promoter in ..
- MyoD and myogenin protein expression in skeletal muscles of senile ratsEduard I Dedkov
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, 4643 Medical Sciences II Building, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cell Tissue Res 311:401-16. 2003We analyzed the level of protein expression of two myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs), MyoD and myogenin, in senile skeletal muscles and determined the cellular source of their production in young adult (4 months old), old (24, 26, and 28 ..
- A highly conserved molecular switch binds MSY-3 to regulate myogenin repression in postnatal muscleLibera Berghella
Institute of Cell Biology and Tissue Engineering, San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park, Rome 00128, Italy
Genes Dev 22:2125-38. 2008b>Myogenin is the dominant transcriptional regulator of embryonic and fetal muscle differentiation and during maturation is profoundly down-regulated...
- SMYD1, the myogenic activator, is a direct target of serum response factor and myogeninDali Li
The Institute of Biomedical Sciences and School of Life Sciences, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200241
Nucleic Acids Res 37:7059-71. 2009..and characterized the human SMYD1 promoter, which contains highly conserved serum response factor (SRF) and myogenin binding sites...
- Myogenin is required for late but not early aspects of myogenesis during mouse developmentJ M Venuti
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
J Cell Biol 128:563-76. 1995Mice with a targeted mutation in the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix regulatory protein myogenin have severe muscle defects resulting in perinatal death...
- Insulin-like growth factor-mediated muscle differentiation: collaboration between phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt-signaling pathways and myogeninJ Tureckova
Oregon Health and Science University, Molecular Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Portland, Oregon 97201-3098, USA
J Biol Chem 276:39264-70. 2001..Here we use this cell line to identify signaling pathways controlling IGF-mediated differentiation. Induction of myogenin by IGF-I and myotube formation were prevented by the phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase inhibitor, LY294002, even ..
- The transcription of MyoD1 and myogenin genes in thymic cells in vivoM D Grounds
Department of Pathology, University of Western Australia, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre, Nedlands
Exp Cell Res 198:357-61. 1992The skeletal muscle specific genes MyoD1 and myogenin are closely associated with commitment of cells to the myogenic lineage and differentiation of skeletal muscle precursor cells...
- Early demethylation of non-CpG, CpC-rich, elements in the myogenin 5'-flanking region: a priming effect on the spreading of active demethylationAndrea Fuso
Department of Surgery P Valdoni, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Cell Cycle 9:3965-76. 2010..In this work, we analyzed the DNA methylation pattern of the 5'-flanking of the myogenin gene, a positive regulator of muscle differentiation with no CpG island and low CpG density, in both C2C12 muscle ..
- The Notch effector Hey1 associates with myogenic target genes to repress myogenesisMatthew F Buas
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6145, USA
J Biol Chem 285:1249-58. 2010..Our results indicate instead that Hey1 is recruited to the promoter regions of myogenin and Mef2C, two genes whose induction is critical for myogenesis...
- Stretch-induced myogenin, MyoD, and MRF4 expression and acute hypertrophy in quail slow-tonic muscle are not dependent upon satellite cell proliferationD A Lowe
Dept of Anatomy, College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B Downs Bldv MDC 6, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cell Tissue Res 296:531-9. 1999..Relative levels of MRF4, MyoD, and myogenin mRNA were elevated 100%-400% in stretch-overloaded ALD muscles from irradiated adult quails indicating that ..
- Myogenin and the SWI/SNF ATPase Brg1 maintain myogenic gene expression at different stages of skeletal myogenesisYasuyuki Ohkawa
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Biol Chem 282:6564-70. 2007..Brg1 ATPase are necessary to induce myogenesis in cell culture models and in developing embryonic tissue, whereas myogenin and Brg1 are critical for the expression of the late genes that induce terminal muscle differentiation...
- Mirk/dyrk1B decreases the nuclear accumulation of class II histone deacetylases during skeletal muscle differentiationXiaobing Deng
Department of Pathology, Upstate Medical University, State University of New York, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4894-905. 2005..We now demonstrate that knockdown of Mirk blocks transcription of the muscle regulatory factor myogenin. Co-expression of Mirk with MEF2C, but not MyoD or Myf5, enhanced activation of the myogenin promoter in a Mirk ..
- Myogenin gene disruption results in perinatal lethality because of severe muscle defectY Nabeshima
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan
Nature 364:532-5. 1993b>Myogenin is a member of the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) gene family and converts multipotential mesodermal cells to myoblasts...
- Global and gene-specific analyses show distinct roles for Myod and Myog at a common set of promotersYi Cao
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
EMBO J 25:502-11. 2006..Therefore, the role of Myog in mediating terminal differentiation is, in part, to enhance expression of a subset of genes previously initiated by Myod...
- Myostatin negatively regulates satellite cell activation and self-renewalSeumas McCroskery
Animal Genomics, AgResearch, Hamilton 2015, New Zealand
J Cell Biol 162:1135-47. 2003..satellite cell number could be due to increased self-renewal and delayed expression of the differentiation gene (myogenin) in Mstn-/- adult myoblasts...
- Effects of interleukin-6, leukemia inhibitory factor, and ciliary neurotrophic factor on the proliferation and differentiation of adult human myoblastsXuan Wang
Department of Physiology, Capital Medical University, Key Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Disorders of the Ministry of Education, 10 You An Men, Fengtai District, Beijing, 100069, P R China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 28:113-24. 2008..This study will provide the experimental and theoretic foundations for the basic and clinical researches about human myoblasts...
- Are myogenin and myoD1 expression specific for rhabdomyosarcoma? A study of 150 cases, with emphasis on spindle cell mimicsM H Cessna
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1150-7. 2001..Immunohistochemistry is used extensively to distinguish RMS from its mimics. Myogenin and MyoD1, myogenic transcriptional regulatory proteins expressed early in skeletal muscle differentiation, are ..
- Loss of myogenin in postnatal life leads to normal skeletal muscle but reduced body sizeJennifer R Knapp
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 133:601-10. 2006..Here, we test this assumption by determining the role of the myogenic regulator myogenin in postnatal life...
- MyoD synergizes with the E-protein HEB beta to induce myogenic differentiationMaura H Parker
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Molecular Medicine Program, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 26:5771-83. 2006..Upon induction of differentiation, a MyoD-HEB beta complex bound the E1 E-box of the myogenin promoter leading to transcriptional activation...
- MyoD(-/-) satellite cells in single-fiber culture are differentiation defective and MRF4 deficientD D Cornelison
Biology Division 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Dev Biol 224:122-37. 2000..upregulate MRF4, displayed a major deficit in m-cadherin expression, and showed a significant diminution in myogenin-positive status compared with wildtype...
- Membrane hyperpolarization triggers myogenin and myocyte enhancer factor-2 expression during human myoblast differentiationStephane Konig
Departement de Physiologie, Centre Medical Universitaire, Hopital Cantonal Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 279:28187-96. 2004It is widely thought that myogenin is one of the earliest detectable markers of skeletal muscle differentiation. Here we show that, during human myoblast differentiation, an inward rectifier K(+) channel (Kir2...
- Myogenin regulates a distinct genetic program in adult muscle stem cellsEric Meadows
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Biol 322:406-14. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the role that the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix regulatory factor myogenin has in postnatal muscle growth and adult muscle stem cell gene expression...
- A gene with homology to the myc similarity region of MyoD1 is expressed during myogenesis and is sufficient to activate the muscle differentiation programD G Edmondson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Genes Dev 3:628-40. 1989..Together, these results suggest the existence of a family of myogenic regulatory genes that share a conserved motif with c-myc...
- MyoD and Myogenin expression during myogenic phases in brown trout: a precocious onset of mosaic hyperplasia is a prerequisite for fast somatic growthP Steinbacher
Division of Zoology and Functional Anatomy, Department of Organismic Biology, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Dev Dyn 236:1106-14. 2007..Here, we use molecular techniques to provide a comprehensive characterization of MyoD and Myogenin expression during myogenic cell activation in embryos and larvae of brown trout, a fast-growing salmonid with ..
- Diffuse myogenin expression by immunohistochemistry is an independent marker of poor survival in pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma: a tissue microarray study of 71 primary tumors including correlation with molecular phenotypeAmy Heerema-McKenney
Department of Pathology parallelBiochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1513-22. 2008..containing 71 paraffin-embedded pediatric RMSs was immunostained with antibodies against p53, bcl-2, Ki-67, CD44, myogenin, and MyoD1...
- Inhibition of desmin expression blocks myoblast fusion and interferes with the myogenic regulators MyoD and myogeninH Li
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
J Cell Biol 124:827-41. 1994..inhibition of desmin expression was followed by differential inhibition of the myogenic regulators myoD and/or myogenin, depending on the stage and extent of desmin inhibition in these cells...
- Skeletal muscle cells lacking the retinoblastoma protein display defects in muscle gene expression and accumulate in S and G2 phases of the cell cycleB G Novitch
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 135:441-56. 1996..muscle differentiation program characterized by normal expression of early differentiation markers such as myogenin and p21, but attenuated expression of late differentiation markers such as myosin heavy chain (MHC)...
- Myogenic factors that regulate expression of muscle-specific microRNAsPrakash K Rao
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8721-6. 2006..By using CHIP analysis, we demonstrate that the myogenic factors Myogenin and MyoD bind to regions upstream of these microRNAs and, therefore, are likely to regulate their expression...
- The effects of age and hindlimb supension on the levels of expression of the myogenic regulatory factors MyoD and myogenin in rat fast and slow skeletal musclesS E Alway
Division of Exercise Physiology, Robert C Byrd Health Science Center, West Virginia School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506 9227, USA
Exp Physiol 86:509-17. 2001..Plantaris muscles from young adult rats had significantly higher levels of myogenin mRNA and protein (890 % and 314 %, respectively, P < 0...
- Myogenin and oxidative enzyme gene expression levels are elevated in rat soleus muscles after endurance trainingParco M Siu
Division of Exercise Physiology, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown WV 26506 9227, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 97:277-85. 2004..whether endurance exercise training regulates increases in metabolic enzymes, which parallel modulations of myogenin and MyoD in skeletal muscle of rats...
- Expression of MyoD and myogenin in dystrophic mice, mdx and dy, during regenerationY Jin
Department of Ultrastructural Research, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 99:619-27. 2000Expression of two myogenic regulatory factors, MyoD and myogenin, was studied in regenerating muscles of dystrophic mice and compared to a chemically induced regeneration process...
- Cooperative synergy between NFAT and MyoD regulates myogenin expression and myogenesisAnne Sophie Armand
The Hubrecht Institute and Interuniversity Cardiology Institute Netherlands, Royal Netherlands Academy of Sciences, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 283:29004-10. 2008..The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, MyoD, myogenin, Myf5, and MRF4 specify the myogenic lineage...
- The regulation of myogenin gene expression during the embryonic development of the mouseS P Yee
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Molecular Genetics, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Genes Dev 7:1277-89. 1993..minimal sequences required for the complete recapitulation of the temporal and spatial expression pattern of the myogenin gene during embryogenesis...
- Decreased Jun-D and myogenin expression in muscle wasting of human cachexiaSonia Ramamoorthy
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E392-401. 2009..model of muscle wasting, TNF-alpha induces oxidative stress and nitric oxide synthase-2 (NOS2) and decreases myogenin, Jun-D, and creatinine kinase muscle isoform (CKM) expression...
- Target gene selectivity of the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor myogenin in embryonic muscleJudith K Davie
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Unit 1000, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Biol 311:650-64. 2007The myogenic regulatory factors MyoD and myogenin are crucial for skeletal muscle development. Despite their importance, the mechanisms by which these factors selectively regulate different target genes are unclear...
- The calcineurin pathway links hyperpolarization (Kir2.1)-induced Ca2+ signals to human myoblast differentiation and fusionStephane Konig
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Development 133:3107-14. 2006..induces an increase in expression/activity of two key transcription factors of the differentiation process, myogenin and MEF2. Blocking hyperpolarization inhibits myoblast differentiation...
- Androgen receptor enhances myogenin expression and accelerates differentiationDong Kun Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 626, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:408-13. 2002..pathway may suppress skeletal myoblast cell growth and accelerate myoblast cell differentiation via enhanced myogenin expression...
- Associations of the variation in the porcine myogenin gene with muscle fibre characteristics, lean meat production and meat quality traitsJ M Kim
Division of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
J Anim Breed Genet 126:134-41. 2009..b>Myogenin belongs to the MyoD gene family, and is a candidate gene responsible for muscle fibre characteristics...
- Regulation of skeletal muscle differentiation in fibroblasts by exogenous MyoD gene in vitro and in vivoRui Feng Qin
Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Qin Du Stomatological College, Fourth Military Medical University, Xian, P R China
Mol Cell Biochem 302:233-9. 2007..RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry confirmed the increased expression of characteristic downstream molecule myogenin and mysion heavy chains during myogenic differentiation...
- Uterine crowding in the sow affects litter sex ratio, placental development and embryonic myogenin expression in early gestationW Y Tse
Swine Reproduction Development Program, Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2P5, Canada
Reprod Fertil Dev 20:497-504. 2008..gestation, and myogenic regulatory factor (MRF) transcript abundance was determined using real-time PCR for both myogenin (MYOG) and myoblast differentiation 1 (MYOD1)...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma: value of myogenin expression analysis and molecular testing in diagnosing the alveolar subtype: an analysis of 109 paraffin-embedded specimensIsabelle Hostein
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Cancer 101:2817-24. 2004..At present, ARMS diagnoses are made on the basis of histologic findings and the extent of myogenin immunopositivity...
- Requirement of decreased O-GlcNAc glycosylation of Mef2D for its recruitment to the myogenin promoterMitsutaka Ogawa
Department of Bioscience, Nagahama Institute of Bio Science and Technology, 1266 Tamura, Nagahama, Shiga 526 0829, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 433:558-62. 2013Previously, we demonstrated that the expression of myogenin, a critical transcription factor for myogenesis, is negatively regulated by O-linked β-N-acetylglucosamine (O-GlcNAc) glycosylation in mouse C2C12 cells...
- An initial blueprint for myogenic differentiationAlexandre Blais
Department of Pathology, New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Genes Dev 19:553-69. 2005..We identified a cadre of overlapping and distinct targets of the key myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs)--MyoD and myogenin--and Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2 (MEF2)...
- Altered myogenesis in Six1-deficient miceChristine Laclef
Departement Genetique, Developpement et Pathologie Moleculaire, Institut Cochin INSERM 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Universite Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Development 130:2239-52. 2003..5, by a severe reduction and disorganisation of primary myofibers in most body muscles. While Myf5, MyoD and myogenin are correctly expressed in the somitic compartment in early Six1(-/-) embryos, by E11...
- The Rho family G proteins play a critical role in muscle differentiationH Takano
Department of Medicine III, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 18:1580-9. 1998..cells overexpressing RhoGDI (C2C12RhoGDI cells) did not differentiate into myotubes, and expression levels of myogenin, MRF4, and contractile protein genes but not MyoD and myf5 genes were markedly reduced in C2C12RhoGDI cells...
- Comparative expression profiling identifies differential roles for Myogenin and p38α MAPK signaling in myogenesisQi Cai Liu
Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
J Mol Cell Biol 4:386-97. 2012..is mediated by a complex gene expression program requiring both the muscle-specific transcription factor Myogenin (Myog) and p38α MAPK (p38α) signaling...
- Down-regulation of myogenin can reverse terminal muscle cell differentiationNikolaos P Mastroyiannopoulos
Department of Molecular Genetics, Function and Therapy, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
PLoS ONE 7:e29896. 2012..Myogenic Regulatory Factors (MRFs), MyoD, myogenin, Myf5 and Myf6 are basic-helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors essential towards the regulation of ..
- Functional redundancy of the muscle-specific transcription factors Myf5 and myogeninY Wang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Nature 379:823-5. 1996The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, Myf5, MyoD, myogenin and MRF4, play key roles in skeletal muscle development...
- Myogenin resides in the nucleus and acquires high affinity for a conserved enhancer element on heterodimerizationT J Brennan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Genes Dev 4:582-95. 1990b>Myogenin is a member of a family of muscle-specific factors that can activate the muscle differentiation program in nonmyogenin cells...
- The dynamics of myogenin site-specific demethylation is strongly correlated with its expression and with muscle differentiationM Lucarelli
Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology and I Department of Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:7500-6. 2001..We analyzed the methylation status of specific CCGG sites in the 5'-flanking region and exon 1 of myogenin gene, a very important myogenic differentiation factor...
- The molecular regulation of myogenesisL A Sabourin
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, MOBIX, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Clin Genet 57:16-25. 2000..studies have unraveled important mechanisms by which the four myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs: MyoD, Myf-5, myogenin, and MRF4) control the specification and the differentiation of the muscle lineage...
- Influences of myogenin genotypes on birth weight, growth rate, carcass weight, backfat thickness, and lean weight of pigsM F te Pas
DLO Institute for Animal Science and Health, Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Anim Sci 77:2352-6. 1999..occurs only during embryonic development when it is under the control of the MyoD gene family consisting of myogenin, MyoD1, myf-5, and myf-6...
- Histone deacetylase inhibition suppresses myogenin-dependent atrogene activation in spinal muscular atrophy miceKatherine V Bricceno
Neurogenetics Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:4448-59. 2012..During acute denervation, they are activated by myogenin, which is in turn regulated by histone deacetylases 4 and 5...
- Myogenin regulates denervation-dependent muscle atrophy in mouse soleus musclePeter C D Macpherson
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Cell Biochem 112:2149-59. 2011..Muscle denervation stimulates muscle atrophy and Myogenin (Myog) is a muscle-specific transcription factor that is highly induced following muscle denervation...
- Quantitative expression of myogenic regulatory factors MyoD and myogenin in pacu (Piaractus mesopotamicus) skeletal muscle during growthFernanda Losi Alves de Almeida
UNESP, Institute of Biosciences, Department of Morphology, 18618 000, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Micron 41:997-1004. 2010..We evaluated hyperplasia, hypertrophy and quantitative expression of MRFs MyoD and myogenin in 45, 90, 180, and 400 days post-hatching (dph) and adult pacu (Piaractus mesopotamicus) skeletal muscle...
- Increased exchange rate of histone H1 on chromatin by exogenous myogenin expressionMing Gong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, China
Cell Res 12:395-400. 2002..involved in the regulation of transcriptional activation of specific genes by a myogenic regulatory factor Myogenin, we used NIH3T3 fibroblasts with a stably integrated H1...
- A histone deacetylase 4/myogenin positive feedback loop coordinates denervation-dependent gene induction and suppressionHuibin Tang
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1120-31. 2009..Recently, it was reported that histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) can mediate denervation-induced myogenin and nicotinic acetylcholine receptor gene expression...
- Effect of mechanical stretching on expressions of muscle specific transcription factors MyoD, Myf-5, myogenin and MRF4 in proliferated myoblastsS Abe
Department of Anatomy, Tokyo Dental College, Mihama ku, Chiba City, Chiba, Japan
Anat Histol Embryol 38:305-10. 2009..Myf-5 expressed only at early stage of the stretch group. Although mRNA and protein expressions of myogenin and MRF4 were detected both in the stretch and in the control group at 12 h after the stretching, their ..
- The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors myogenin and Id2 mediate specific induction of caveolin-3 gene expression during embryonic developmentC H Biederer
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, San Francisco, California 94143 0128, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26245-51. 2000..Promoter analyses demonstrate that the proximal E box element serves as a myogenin binding site and is both necessary and sufficient to control caveolin-3 gene transcription...
- Identification of MRF4: a new member of the muscle regulatory factor gene familyS J Rhodes
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
Genes Dev 3:2050-61. 1989..a rat cDNA encoding MRF4, a new member of the muscle regulatory factor gene family that includes MyoD1, myogenin, and Myf-5...
- Thoracic skeletal defects in myogenin- and MRF4-deficient mice correlate with early defects in myotome and intercostal musculatureJ L Vivian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Graduate Program in Genes and Development, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77050, USA
Dev Biol 224:29-41. 2000b>Myogenin and MRF4 are skeletal muscle-specific bHLH transcription factors critical for muscle development...
- Myogenin protein stability is decreased by BMP-2 through a mechanism implicating Id1Francesc Vinals
Unitat de Bioquimica, Departament de Ciències Fisiològiques II, Campus de Bellvitge, Universitat de Barcelona, E 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:45766-72. 2004..Here we describe that in C2C12 cells, BMP-2 decreases myogenin expression induced by des-(1,3) insulin-like growth factor-1 (des-(1,3)IGF-1) or ectopically expressed from a ..
- Physiological role of PRDM16 in brown fat development and energy balancePatrick Seale; Fiscal Year: 2011..g. myogenin) but retained its repressive effect on others (e.g. MyoD)...
- Pbx Homeodomain Proteins in Skeletal Muscle DifferentiationLISA A MAVES; Fiscal Year: 2011..Two findings support this hypothesis: 1. Pbx proteins bind in a complex with Myod on the Myogenin promoter. 2...
- Mechanisms of Arsenic-Induced Developmental ToxicityLisa Bain; Fiscal Year: 2009..myocyte cells to 20nM arsenic resulted in a delay in myoblast differentiation that correlated to a reduction in myogenin expression and a reduction in methyltransferase expression...
- Does Arsenic Target Border Specific Cells during Embryogenesis?Lisa J Bain; Fiscal Year: 2013..data indicate that arsenite exposure to stem cell-derived embryoid bodies reduces the expression of MyoD, Myf5, myogenin, and NeuroD, neurogenin-1, and neurogenin-2, all transcription factors needed to convert stem cells into skeletal ..
- "Reversibility of Differentiating Myogenic Cells to Muscle Stem Cells"Christoph Lepper; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have initiated making a series of myogenic CE KI alleles at the Pax3, Myf5, MyoD, Mrf4, Myogenin (Mgn), and Myosin light chain 1f (Mlc1f) loci (Aim 1)...
- LINEAGE DETERMINATION IN MUSCLEStephen J Tapscott; Fiscal Year: 2013..that Myf5 functions to modify the epigenome in preparation for subsequent transcriptional activation by MyoD, Myogenin and MRF4...
- C6ORF32, AN HDAC6-BINDING PROTEIN THAT REGULATES MYOBLAST DIFFERENTIATIONEmanuela Gussoni; Fiscal Year: 2013..2006). Downregulation of C6ORF32 expression causes a block in myoblast fusion due to a significant decrease in myogenin expression (Yoon et al., 2007)...
- REGULATION OF CELL FATE IN MUSCULOSKELETAL DEVELOPMENTBarbara Wold; Fiscal Year: 1999..Description (adapted from the applicant's abstract): Four closely related transcription factors, MyoD, myogenin, myf5 and MRF4/herculin/myf6 are thought to function as major, positive acting regulators of skeletal myogenesis...
- SKI PROTO-ONCOGENE FAMILY IN EARLY DEVELOPMENTSonia Pearson White; Fiscal Year: 1992..Several regulatory genes have been recently described that convert fibroblasts to the myogenic pathway; MyoD1, myogenin, and myf5, all of which share a basic/myc homology region crucial for the conversion function...
- IGFS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE CELL DIFFERENTIATIONStephen Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2002..In this proposal we will examine the mechanisms by which IGF-I initially inhibits and subsequently stimulates myogenin gene transcription, and we will evaluate the potential role of the cdk4/cdk6 inhibitor p19 in mediating the ..
- TURNING SCAR INTO VIABLE MYOCARDIUMRace Kao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Proteins specific to cardiac or skeletal muscel (TnI, myosin, connexin 43, myogenin) will be used to indicate the phenotypes of regenerated muscle by identifying the specific mRNA (Northern blot, ..
- MYOBLAST GROWTH AND DIFFERENTIATION DURING MUSCLE AGINGCharlotte Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2000..As the transcription factor myogenin appears to be required for IGF stimulation of differentiation, myogenin gene expression will also be quantitated...
- Innervation-Dependent TranscriptionSTEVEN BURDEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Myogenin is a good candidate for a transcriptional mediator of electrical activity-dependent transcription, as myogenin ..
- MOLECULAR SPECIALIZATION OF MASTICATORY MUSCLESJeffrey Miller; Fiscal Year: 1999..gene expression is controlled in large part by four muscle-specific transcription factors -- MyoD, myogenin, Myf- 5, and MRF4 -- that are collectively termed muscle regulatory factors (MRFs)...
- REGULATION OF PURKINJE FIBER DEVELOPMENT IN THE HEARTTakashi Mikawa; Fiscal Year: 2005..first time that myocytes undergoing Purkinje fiber differentiation express at least two factors similar to myoD/myogenin members of the bHLH transcription factor gene family...
- The Role of RNA-Binding Proteins in MyogenesisLubov Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2007..expression of CUGBP1 in skeletal muscle in vivo leads to an abnormal expression of myogenic regulators (p21, myogenin, MEF2) that is accompanied by significant loss of mouse weight and by underdevelopment...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF MYOGENIC RESPONSE IN DEVELOPMENTM Siddiqui; Fiscal Year: 2003..regulation was brought by the discovery of the activator myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs), MyoD, myf-5, myogenin, MRF-4, it is now becoming clear that other mechanisms, wherein the myogenic regulation can be attributed to the ..
- DEVELOPMENT AND DIVERSIFICATION OF CARDIAC MYOCYTESJeffrey Miller; Fiscal Year: 1992..transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta), as well as by DNA-binding, muscle regulatory proteins such as MyoD1, myogenin, and Myf-5...
- INTERFERON ANIMAL VIRUSES AND PROTEIN SYNTHESISPeter Lengyel; Fiscal Year: 2005..The transcription factors affected by p202a include: AP2, E2F-1, E2F-4, MyoD, myogenin, NF-kB, c-Myc and p53. By binding UBF, p204 inhibits ribosomal RNA synthesis...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF SMOOTH MUSCLE DIFFERENTIATIONKenneth Walsh; Fiscal Year: 1992..Three genes (MyoD1, myogenin and Myf-5) have been isolated that have the ability to convert non-muscle cell types to skeletal muscle when they ..
- ORIGIN, STRUCTURE AND BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY OF SKVSEDWARD STAVNEZER; Fiscal Year: 2003..the role of Ski, and its phosphorylation, in the regulation of two genes whose expression is responsive to Ski (myogenin) or to sequence elements identified as Ski binding sites (PAI-2)...
- EXERCISE, DENERVATION AND INSULIN RESISTANCE IN MUSCLEPaul Pilch; Fiscal Year: 2005..g. GLUT4, UCP-3, myogenin, etc.), and lipids that occur in rat muscle 6-72 hrs after denervation...
- POSITIVE ACTING REGULATORS OF MYOGENESISBarbara Wold; Fiscal Year: 2000..by generating selected transplacements of one MRF family member for another: 1) MyoD transplaced into the myogenin locus and into the MRF4 locus with concomitant elimination of myogenin coding sequences...
- REGULATION OF SODIUM CHANNEL GENE EXPRESSIONSusan Kraner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Previous work indicates that the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins myogenin and MRF4 recruit other novel TFs, including both a transrepressor and a transactivator, in regulating SkM 1 ..
- INTERFERON, ANIMAL VIRUSES & PROTEIN SYNTHESISPeter Lengyel; Fiscal Year: 2000..the inhibition of the activity of several transcription factors, including c-Fos, c-Jun, AP2, E2F1, E2F4, MyoD, myogenin, NF-kB p50 and 65, p53 and c-Myc...
- CONFERENCE ON STRUCTURE AND ASSEMBLY OF THE MYOFIBRILCharles Fox; Fiscal Year: 1990..Myogenesis is entering a new phase. Regulatory genes have now been identified including myoD, myogenin and myd which may encode trans-acting proteins involved in the expression of muscle-specific proteins...
- Nuclear Actions of IGFBP-3 in Developing Muscle CellsBUEL RODGERS; Fiscal Year: 2009..that specifically regulates myoblast differentiation via its interactions with the myogenic transcription factors myogenin and ATF4. IGFBP-3 is also a potent suppressor of some prostate and breast cancers...
- REGULATION OF ACETYLCHOLINE RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONDaniel Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition to myogenin, SP1 also activates nAChR gene expression and may interact with myogenin...
- CADHERIN ADHESION AND CELL DIFFERENTIATIONKaren Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2004..data showing that N-cadherin adhesion up- regulates transcription of the muscle specific transcription factor myogenin in differentiating skeletal muscle cells...
- Notch and muscle specific transcriptionShara Kabak; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, we will analyze the myogenin promoter to more fully define the mechanisms by which Notch inhibits muscle differentiation.
- Id2 REGULATION OF MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY IN AGINGSTEPHEN ALWAY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MYOD AND MYOGENIN IN MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY AND SARCOPENIASTEPHEN ALWAY; Fiscal Year: 2001..The overall goal of this proposal is to determine the significant of MRF transcription factors MyoD and myogenin in satellite cells and myonuclei of aged muscle...
- Satellite Cells and Skeletal Muscle Growth DynamicsZipora Yablonka Reuveni; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed investigation will contribute to a better understanding of satellite cell dynamics and muscle growth, and can prove important for muscle rehabilitation strategies during disease and aging. ..
- Functional elucidation of BRCA1-containing complexesRamin Shiekhattar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3 extends the work to analysis of the effect of BRCC and BACH1-BRCA1 complexes on regulation of late replicating DNA and heterochromatin structure. ..
- Characterization of TRBP-containing complexesRamin Shiekhattar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 3 extends the work to the analysis of the large TRBP- containing complex, which is associated with the 60S ribosome subunit and the human Armitage protein involved in translational repression. ..
- Use of Clenbuterol for Enhancement of Stem Cell TherapyRichard Zeman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The method will be patented, licensed and marketed as a new therapy. ..
- Mechanisms of Spinal Cord InjuryRichard Zeman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Disease and Continuous Myofiber Remodeling in EOMLinda McLoon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ultimately, we hope to use this information to develop new therapeutic strategies.for the treatment of strabismus and other ocular and non-ocular muscle diseases. ..
- Barx2 in limb muscle and tendon developmentRobyn Meech; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Selecting for novel Hedgehog signaling mutationsSTEPHEN DEVOTO; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, these mutations will identify genes that are likely to play important roles in the development of human cancer. ..
- Analgesics and resistance training in older individualsTodd Trappe; Fiscal Year: 2008..This investigation will provide important information for clinicians and older individuals with regard to expected benefits from physical activity during periods of analgesic and anti-inflammatory based therapy. ..
- CARDIAC GRAFTS--SKELETAL MYOBLASTSCHARLES MURRY; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- HETEROCHROMATIN REGULATION BY IMITATION SWITCH COMPLEXESRamin Shiekhattar; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SATELLITE CELLS AND MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY: ROLE OF IGF-IGregory Adams; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed experiments will elucidate the role of the IGF-1 signaling system in the hypertrophy process. ..
- Weight-loss, Exercise, and Oxidative Capacity in ObesityMatthew Harber; Fiscal Year: 2005..lean subjects. The obese women will then be reevaluated following 12% weight loss (through diet only or diet plus exercise) to examine the influence of weight-loss with or without exercise on these parameters. ..
- Serial analysis of transcription factor binding sitesRobyn Meech; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such information may be particularly useful in the design of specifically targeted promoter sequences for gene therapy vectors. ..
- SPECIFICATION OF FAST AND SLOW MUSCLES IN ZEBRAFISHShao Jun Du; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this study is to elucidate the molecular mechanisms behind determination of muscle-specific cell fate during embryonic development. ..
- Control of Vascular Smooth Muscle Function by InsulinLouis Ragolia; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of hypoxia in the maintenance and homing of hematopoietic stem cellsZhong Yun; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, discoveries regarding the in vivo microenvironment for HSCs could lead to improved engraftment following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Mechanisms Regulating Stem Cell PlasticityMichael Rudnicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..To investigate the mechanism by which Pax7 enforces lineage commitment, FACS/Hoechst enriched adult stem cells from Pax7-/- mice will be transplanted either intravenously or intramuscularly. ..
- CARDIAC REGULATION OF NKX-25 GENE EXPRESSIONANDREW LASSAR; Fiscal Year: 2001..Aim 4. Identify transcription factors that mediate activation of Nkx-2.5 in response to BMP signals by screening for proteins that interact with chick Mad1 in precardiac mesoderm. ..
- Use of Albuterol in Spinal Cord InjuryRichard Zeman; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Use of beta 2-agonists like albuterol alone or together with x-irradiation maybe useful therapies for spinal cord injuries. ..
- Use of Tempol for Spinal Cord InjuryRichard Zeman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Optimization of tempol treatment may lead to a therapeutic modality for SCI. ..
- IDENTIFYING NEWT GENES THAT REGULATE CELLULAR PLASTICITYSHANNON ODELBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using these methods, we expect to identify newt genes that function in regulating cellular plasticity in mammalian cells. Identifying these genes would have important implication for the future of regenerative medicine. ..
- The Role of Cytokeratins in Skeletal Muscle InjuryRICHARD LOVERING; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed research is designed to elucidate some of the shared cellular and molecular mechanisms. ..
- IGF I AND DIABETIC NEUROPATHIESERIC RABINOVSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: A Science-Based Prevention CurriculumKathleen Sulik; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed classroom curriculum will provide a much-needed, hands-on scientific exploration of alcohol's effects on a developing organism, targeted to high school students. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ADAPTATION OF SENESCENT MUSCLE TO EXERCISE TRAININGTodd Trappe; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Novel Neuroprotective Roles for Neuregulins in the Trea*BYRON FORD; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies herein have enormous clinical potential and could lead to new therapeutic strategies in the treatment of ischemic stroke. ..
- Gene Therapy of Muscle Wasting From UremiaXiaonan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the experimental results will shed the insight on the mechanisms of muscle protein degradation, and provide a possible new approach to treat the pathological process of muscle wasting. ..
- Regulation of paraxial mesoderm patterningANDREW LASSAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) Determine if signals from the cranial neural crest are necessary for the formation of cranial muscle, and determine how Wnt signals block the formation of head muscle. ..