Genomes and Genes
insulin like growth factor binding protein 3
Summary: One of the six homologous soluble proteins that bind insulin-like growth factors (SOMATOMEDINS) and modulate their mitogenic and metabolic actions at the cellular level.
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and IGF binding protein-3 as predictors of advanced-stage prostate cancerJune M Chan
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Urology, University of California at San Francisco, 94118, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:1099-106. 2002....
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein-3, and cancer risk: systematic review and meta-regression analysisAndrew G Renehan
Department of Surgery, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Lancet 363:1346-53. 2004..Circulating concentrations of IGF-I might be associated with an increased risk of cancer, whereas IGFBP-3 concentrations could be associated with a decreased cancer risk...
- Serum C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF-binding proteins, and colorectal cancer risk in womenR Kaaks
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:1592-600. 2000..To test this hypothesis, we conducted a case-control study nested within a cohort of 14 275 women in New York...
- Acquired resistance to EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors in cancer cells is mediated by loss of IGF-binding proteinsMarta Guix
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6307, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2609-19. 2008..Moreover, combined therapeutic inhibition of EGFR and IGFIR may abrogate this acquired mechanism of drug resistance and is thus worthy of prospective clinical investigation...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 expression is associated with growth stimulation of T47D human breast cancer cells: the role of altered epidermal growth factor signalingAlison J Butt
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1950-6. 2004....
- IGF-I, IGFBP-3 and breast cancer risk in women: The European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)S Rinaldi
International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC WHO, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon, Cedex 08, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:593-605. 2006....
- A prospective study of plasma insulin-like growth factor-1 and binding protein-3 and risk of colorectal neoplasia in womenE Giovannucci
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:345-9. 2000..These analyses indicate that high levels of circulating IGF-1 and particularly low levels of IGFBP-3 are associated independently with an elevated risk of large or tubulovillous/villous colorectal adenoma and cancer...
- Plasma insulin-like growth factor-I and prostate cancer risk: a prospective studyJ M Chan
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 279:563-6. 1998..This association was independent of baseline prostate-specific antigen levels. Identification of plasma IGF-I as a predictor of prostate cancer risk may have implications for risk reduction and treatment...
- Plasma insulin-like growth factor 1, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3, and risk of colorectal cancer: a prospective study in northern SwedenR Palmqvist
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Gut 50:642-6. 2002..Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) has antiapoptotic and mitogenic effects on various cell types, and raised IGF-1 levels are increasingly being implicated as potential risk factors for cancer...
- Aberrant promoter methylation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 gene in human cancersKunitoshi Tomii
Department of Cancer and Thoracic Surgery, Shikata Laboratory, Advanced Science Research Center, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Int J Cancer 120:566-73. 2007..079). In summary, our results showed that IGFBP-3 methylation played an important role in the silencing of its expression, suggesting that IGFBP-3 may act as a tumor suppressor gene in several human cancers examined...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 inhibition of prostate cancer growth involves suppression of angiogenesisB Liu
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Oncogene 26:1811-9. 2007....
- Nutritional predictors of insulin-like growth factor I and their relationships to cancer in menEdward Giovannucci
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:84-9. 2003..The age-related decline in plasma IGF-I may be exacerbated by low intakes of protein and minerals. The potential role of these dietary factors on cancer risk through altering IGF-I levels requires study...
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor I and risk of squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervixXifeng Wu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3356-61. 2003..However, after adjustment for IGF-I, no relationship was evident between IGFBP-3 level and risk of SILs. Serum levels of IGF-I may be a useful biomarker for assessing risk of SIL development...
- Transferrin is an insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 binding proteinS A Weinzimer
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1806-13. 2001..In summary, we have employed a combination of techniques to demonstrate that Tf specifically binds IGFBP-3, and we showed that this interaction has important physiological effects on cellular events...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 gene -202 A/C polymorphism is correlated with advanced disease status in prostate cancerLizhong Wang
Department of Urology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Cancer Res 63:4407-11. 2003..Because of the significant differences in incidence of clinically evident PCa according to racial backgrounds, the conjecture should be further examined in different racial populations...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 modulates expression of Bax and Bcl-2 and potentiates p53-independent radiation-induced apoptosis in human breast cancer cellsA J Butt
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, New South Wales 2065, Australia
J Biol Chem 275:39174-81. 2000....
- Essential roles of IGFBP-3 and IGFBP-rP1 in breast cancerAngelika M Burger
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Department of Anatomic Pathology and Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Eur J Cancer 41:1515-27. 2005..In this review, we have examined the roles of IGFBP-3 and IGFBP-rP1 in breast cancer, and discuss the potential impact of these two proteins in mammary carcinoma risk assessment and the development of treatments for breast cancer...
- Dietary correlates of plasma insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 concentrationsMichelle D Holmes
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:852-61. 2002..We conclude that higher energy, protein, and milk intakes were associated with higher levels of IGF-I. These associations raise the possibility that diet could affect cancer risk through influencing IGF-I level...
- Genetic variation in IGF1, IGFBP3, IRS1, IRS2 and risk of breast cancer in women living in Southwestern United StatesM L Slattery
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 104:197-209. 2007..An insulin-related pathway to breast cancer has been hypothesized...
- Prospective study of colorectal cancer risk in men and plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-binding protein-3J Ma
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:620-5. 1999..We therefore examined associations of plasma levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 with the risk of colorectal cancer in a prospective case-control study nested in the Physicians' Health Study...
- Influence of porcine genotype on the abundance of thyroid hormones and leptin in sow milk and its impact on growth, metabolism and expression of key adipose tissue genes in offspringAlison Mostyn
Institute of Clinical Research, Centre for Reproduction and Early Life, University Hospital, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
J Endocrinol 190:631-9. 2006....
- Signalling pathways involved in antiproliferative effects of IGFBP-3: a reviewR C Baxter
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2065, Australia
Mol Pathol 54:145-8. 2001..These recent findings all point to a complex intracellular mode of action of IGFBP-3, which will need to be better understood if anti-cancer treatments are to take advantage of the antiproliferative activity of IGFBP-3...
- Plasma insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins, and prostate cancer risk: a prospective studyP Stattin
Department of Urology and Andrology, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:1910-7. 2000..In this study, we sought to determine the role of IGF-I as well as IGFBPs-1, -2, and -3 and insulin as possible etiologic factors for prostate cancer...
- Novel promoter polymorphism in insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3: correlation with serum levels and interaction with known regulatorsC Deal
Department of Pediatrics, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1274-80. 2001..The IGFBP3 promoter region deserves investigation as a locus where polymorphic variation occurs frequently and may influence GH responsiveness, somatic growth, and possibly cancer risk...
- Methylation of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 gene and prognosis of epithelial ovarian cancerA Wiley
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:210-8. 2006..These results suggest that IGFBP-3 promoter methylation may be a useful prognostic marker for disease progression and death in early-stage ovarian cancer...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3: relationship to the development of gastric pre-malignancy and gastric adenocarcinoma (United Kingdom)Zun Wu Zhang
Division of Surgery, Level 7, Queens Building, Bristol Royal Infirmary, University of Bristol, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
Cancer Causes Control 15:211-8. 2004..In conclusion, our study suggests that IGFBP-3 may be protective against the development of gastric adenocarcinoma by preventing the formation of intestinal metaplasia and improve the prognosis of gastric cancer...
- Genetic, anthropometric, and lifestyle factors associated with IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 levels in Hispanic and non-Hispanic white womenM L Slattery
Health Research Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84117, USA
Cancer Causes Control 16:1147-57. 2005..These differences could be due to the combined effects of genetic and behavioral factors which could account for ethnic differences in the risk of breast cancer and other chronic diseases...
- Oncogenic ras causes resistance to the growth inhibitor insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) in breast cancer cellsJ L Martin
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:16407-11. 1999..These results suggest that MAP kinase activation by oncogenic ras expression causes IGFBP-3 resistance, a possible factor in the dysregulation of breast cancer cell growth...
- Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor-II and IGF-binding protein 3 in cervical cancerSubbi P Mathur
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Gynecol Oncol 91:486-93. 2003....
- IGF-binding protein-3-induced growth inhibition and apoptosis do not require cell surface binding and nuclear translocation in human breast cancer cellsAlison J Butt
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
Endocrinology 143:2693-9. 2002..This suggests the existence of multiple pathways by which IGFBP-3 elicits its growth effects...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 inhibits growth of experimental colocarcinomaIrena Kirman
Department of Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Surgery 136:205-9. 2004..We have also demonstrated that IGFBP-3 induces apoptosis of human colon cancer cells in vitro. We report here the effect of IGFBP-3 on the growth of colonic epithelial cells in vivo...
- High-risk colorectal adenomas and serum insulin-like growth factorsA G Renehan
Department of Surgery, Cancer Research Campaign Department of Epithelial Biology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK
Br J Surg 88:107-13. 2001..This study investigated the hypothesis that circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I and its main binding protein (IGFBP-3) predict for the presence of colorectal adenomas, surrogate markers of colorectal cancer risk...
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in benign and malignant breast diseaseI M Holdaway
Department of Endocrinology, School of Medicine, Auckland University, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Surg 69:495-500. 1999..The present study investigates whether this pattern also occurs in neoplastic breast disease...
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 and prostate cancer risk: a population-based, case-control studyA Wolk
Department of Medical Epidemiology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:911-5. 1998..Our goal was to determine whether an association exists between serum levels of IGF-1 and one of its binding proteins, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3), and prostate cancer risk...
- Role of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in breast cancer cell growthLynette J Schedlich
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Microsc Res Tech 59:12-22. 2002..It may also act directly in the nucleus by enhancing the activity of retinoid X receptor-alpha and thereby promote apoptosis. All of the above phenomena will be discussed with particular emphasis on the growth of breast cancer cells...
- Transcriptional upregulation of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein IGFBP-3 by sodium butyrate increases IGF-independent apoptosis in human colonic adenoma-derived epithelial cellsT J Collard
CRC Colorectal Tumour Biology Research Group, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Carcinogenesis 24:393-401. 2003....
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor-I and -II and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 in women with squamous intraepithelial lesions and cervical cancerMartha Lucía Serrano
Grupo de Investigación en Biología del Cáncer, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Bogota D C, Colombia
Biomedica 26:258-68. 2006..Objective. To assess whether circulating IGF-I, IGF-II, or IGF binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) were associated with cervical cancer and low-grade and high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (LSIL and HSIL)...
- 9-cis retinoic acid induces insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 through DR-8 retinoic acid responsive elementsYoon Soo Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Biol Ther 5:586-92. 2006..IGFBP-3 gene expression by 9cRA is mediated by a distinct DR-8 RARE located in the proximal region of the IGFBP promoter and involves the RAR-beta, a putative tumor suppressor in NSCLC...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) potentiates TRAIL-induced apoptosis of human colorectal carcinoma cells through inhibition of NF-kappaBA C Williams
Cancer Research UK Colorectal Tumour Biology Research Group, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, Bristol, UK
Cell Death Differ 14:137-45. 2007..We propose that IGFBP-3 is a non-toxic NF-kappaB inhibitor, which could be used as an adjuvant in the treatment of colon cancer...
- High expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 is correlated with lower portal invasion and better prognosis in human hepatocellular carcinomaShinichi Aishima
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:1182-90. 2006..Low expression of IGFBP-3 was independently associated with poor survival. IGFBP-3 could be a molecular target of intrinsic importance for further development of novel therapeutic strategy against HCC...
- Expression of IGFBP-3 by human retinal endothelial cell cultures: IGFBP-3 involvement in growth inhibition and apoptosisPolyxenie E Spoerri
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Florida, PO Box 100267, Gainesville, FL 32610 0267, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:365-9. 2003....
- Development of resistance to insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in transfected T47D breast cancer cellsS M Firth
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 246:325-9. 1998..We hypothesize that development of resistance to the antiproliferative action of IGFBP-3 might be an important step in the malignant progression of breast cancer cells...
- Determination of IGF-I, IGF-II, IGFBP-2, and IGFBP-3 levels in serum and plasma: comparisons using the Bland-Altman methodAndrew G Renehan
Department of Surgery, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Growth Horm IGF Res 13:341-6. 2003..These findings emphasize the need to standardize methods of collecting blood samples in future epidemiological studies and trials...
- Analysis of insulin like growth factor 1 and insulin like growth factor binding protein 3 levels in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and serum of patients with lung cancerEbru Unsal
Department of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis, Atatürk Chest Diseases and Chest Surgery Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Respir Med 99:559-65. 2005..many cancer cell lines and there is good evidence that lung cancer cells produce both IGF-1 and insulin like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3)...
- Serum insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3, and the risk of pancreatic cancer deathYingsong Lin
Department of Public Health, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Int J Cancer 110:584-8. 2004..This nested case-control study showed that high serum levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 may be associated with an increased risk of death from pancreatic cancer...
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1, IGF-binding protein-3, and pancreatic cancer in male smokersRachael Z Stolzenberg-Solomon
Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:438-44. 2004..Our results do not support the hypothesis that serum IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 concentrations are associated with pancreatic cancer risk among male smokers. Further studies are necessary to evaluate these associations in other populations...
- Are diet-prostate cancer associations mediated by the IGF axis? A cross-sectional analysis of diet, IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in healthy middle-aged menD Gunnell
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, UK
Br J Cancer 88:1682-6. 2003..These patterns support the possibility that IGFs may mediate some diet-cancer associations...
- Anthropometric and behavioral correlates of insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 in middle-aged Japanese menSatoshi Teramukai
Department of Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Epidemiol 156:344-8. 2002..The study also indicates that smoking and alcohol use might affect plasma IGF-I and IGFBP-3...
- Signaling through the Smad pathway by insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 in breast cancer cells. Relationship to transforming growth factor-beta 1 signalingSusan Fanayan
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards 2065, New South Wales, Australia
J Biol Chem 277:7255-61. 2002..The precise mechanism by which IGFBP-3 interacts with the TGF-beta receptor system remains to be established...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signaling and resistance to trastuzumab (Herceptin)Y Lu
Department of Oncology, Jewish General Hospital, and McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1852-7. 2001..Thus, strategies that target IGF-IR signaling may prevent or delay development of resistance to trastuzumab...
- Correlation between insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 promoter methylation and prognosis of patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancerYoon Soo Chang
Department of Thoracic Head, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3669-75. 2002..Hypermethylation of the promoter represses the expression of the IGFBP-3 gene. The purpose of this study was to determine whether the methylation status of IGFBP-3 promoter influences the prognosis of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Nutrition, insulin, insulin-like growth factors and cancerE Giovannucci
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Horm Metab Res 35:694-704. 2003..Further study is required to test these conclusions...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein (IGFBP)-3 and IGFBP-5 share a common nuclear transport pathway in T47D human breast carcinoma cellsL J Schedlich
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales 2065, Australia
J Biol Chem 273:18347-52. 1998....
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), IGF-II, IGF-binding protein-3, and prostate-specific antigen as predictors of clinical prostate cancerS M Harman
The Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:4258-65. 2000..Our data suggest that IGF-II may inhibit both prostate growth and development of prostate cancer...
- High intakes of skimmed milk, but not meat, increase serum IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in eight-year-old boysC Hoppe
Department of Human Nutrition and Centre for Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:1211-6. 2004..During protein deprivation IGF-I decrease, but it is unknown whether a high PI can increase s-IGF-I in well-nourished children...
- Polymorphisms of genes coding for insulin-like growth factor 1 and its major binding proteins, circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and breast cancer risk: results from the EPIC studyF Canzian
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 94:299-307. 2006..Common genetic variation in these candidate genes does not play a major role in altering breast cancer risk in Caucasians...
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) binds to fibronectin (FN): demonstration of IGF-I/IGFBP-3/fn ternary complexes in human plasmaY Gui
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada R3E 0W3
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2104-10. 2001..These data indicate that FN may have a role in the transportation of IGFBP-3 and IGF-I in the circulation and the sequestration of these proteins in tissues...
- Reduced expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 and its promoter hypermethylation in human hepatocellular carcinomaTadashi Hanafusa
Isotope Center, Okayama University, Okayama University Medical School, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Cancer Lett 176:149-58. 2002..As IGFBP-3 functions like a tumor suppressor gene, it may be used as a therapeutic target for HCC...
- The roles of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in the regulation of proximal tubule, and renal cell carcinoma cell proliferationCatherine W Cheung
Department of Medicine and Department of Surgery, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Kidney Int 65:1272-9. 2004..Our previous work on human renal tissues has suggested that IGF-I and several of its binding proteins (IGFBP-3 and -6) are up-regulated in clear cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Genetic and nongenetic factors associated with variation of plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 in healthy premenopausal womenH Jernstrom
Centre for Research in Women s Health, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:377-84. 2001..Our results support the view that circulating IGF-I levels and IGFBP-3 levels are complex traits and are influenced by a number of interacting genetic and nongenetic factors...
- Milk intake, circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor-I, and risk of colorectal cancer in menJ Ma
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1330-6. 2001..A high ratio of IGF-I to IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) has been linked to an increased risk of colorectal cancer...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins 1 and 3 and breast cancer outcomesPamela J Goodwin
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 74:65-76. 2002..The adverse effect of IGFBP-3 on distant recurrence in postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer should be further investigated...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) acts as an invasion-metastasis suppressor in ovarian endometrioid carcinomaP L Torng
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Oncogene 27:2137-47. 2008..Our results provide evidence and indicate that IGFBP-3 plays an important role as an invasion-metastasis suppressor in ovarian EC...
- Butyrate, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, activates the human IGF binding protein-3 promoter in breast cancer cells: molecular mechanism involves an Sp1/Sp3 multiprotein complexG E Walker
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Endocrinology 142:3817-27. 2001..Taken together, these data suggest that sodium butyrate increases IGFBP-3 expression by activating the IGFBP-3 promoter via an Sp1/Sp3 multiprotein complex, a mechanism that may be important for other key regulators of IGFBP-3...
- Genetic factors related to racial variation in plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor-1: implications for premenopausal breast cancer riskH Jernstrom
Centre for Research in Women s Health, University of Toronto, 790 Bay Street, 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1N8, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 72:144-54. 2001..The high incidence of premenopausal breast cancer among black women may be mediated through genetic modifiers of circulating levels of IGF-I...
- Immunohistochemical expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in invasive breast cancers and ductal carcinoma in situ: implications for clinicopathology and patient outcomeSarah B Vestey
University of Bristol, Department of Clinical Sciences at South Bristol Surgery, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Breast Cancer Res 7:R119-29. 2005....
- Intrinsic actions of IGFBP-3 and IGFBP-5 on Hs578T breast cancer epithelial cells: inhibition or accentuation of attachment and survival is dependent upon the presence of fibronectinCatherine McCaig
Division of Surgery, Department of Hospital Medicine, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, BS2 8HW, UK
J Cell Sci 115:4293-303. 2002..Our findings indicate that, in addition to being crucial modulators of IGF actions, the IGFBPs have direct actions on cell attachment and survival that are specific and dependent upon the matrix components present...
- Direct functional interactions between insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 and retinoid X receptor-alpha regulate transcriptional signaling and apoptosisB Liu
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
J Biol Chem 275:33607-13. 2000..IGFBP-3 enhanced RXR response element and inhibited RARE signaling. Thus, RXR-alpha-IGFBP-3 interaction leads to modulation of the transcriptional activity of RXR-alpha and is essential for mediating the effects of IGFBP-3 on apoptosis...
- Interaction between the Alzheimer's survival peptide humanin and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 regulates cell survival and apoptosisMaaria Ikonen
Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13042-7. 2003..This interaction may prove to be important in neurological disease processes and could provide important targets for drug development...
- A possible role for insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 autocrine/paracrine loops in controlling hepatocellular carcinoma cell proliferationHung Huynh
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, National Cancer Centre of Singapore, Singapore
Cell Growth Differ 13:115-22. 2002..Our data indicate that loss of autocrine/paracrine IGFBP-3 loops may lead to HCC tumor growth and suggest that modulating production of the IGFs, IGFBP-3, and IGF-IR may represent a novel approach in the treatment of HCC...
- Serum insulin-like growth factor-I and breast cancerP Toniolo
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int J Cancer 88:828-32. 2000..Elevated circulating levels of IGF-I may be an indicator of increased risk of breast cancer occurring before age 50...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) substrate zymography. A new tool to identify and characterize IGFBP-degrading proteinasesJ L Fowlkes
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, USA
Endocrine 7:33-6. 1997..Together, these studies demonstrate that IGFBP substrate zymography can be a useful tool for both the identification and the characterization of IGFBP-degrading proteinases...
- Differential interactions between IGFBP-3 and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) in normal vs cancerous breast epithelial cellsC McCaig
Division of Surgery, Department of Hospital Medicine, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
Br J Cancer 86:1963-9. 2002....
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-binding protein-3 mutants that do not bind IGF-I or IGF-II stimulate apoptosis in human prostate cancer cellsJiang Hong
Clinical Endocrinology Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10489-97. 2002..These results indicate that IGF-independent mechanisms are major contributors to IGFBP-3-induced apoptosis in PC-3 cells and may play a wider role in the antiproliferative and antitumorigenic actions of IGFBP-3...
- Racial variation in insulin-like growth factor-1 and binding protein-3 concentrations in middle-aged menE A Platz
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 8:1107-10. 1999..Although differences in circulating IGF-1 do not seem to account for the greater prostate cancer risk among African-American men, their absolute lower levels of IGFBP-3 may be contributory...
- Rapid insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-independent effects of IGF binding protein-3 on endothelial cell survivalSherry Lynn Franklin
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Mattel Children s Hospital, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:900-7. 2003..VEGF-induced phosphorylation of Akt, as evident by both specific immunoblots and confocal microscopy, was significantly and rapidly reduced in the presence of IGFBP-3, as well as wortmannin...
- Cellular internalization of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3: distinct endocytic pathways facilitate re-uptake and nuclear localizationKuk Wha Lee
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 279:469-76. 2004..Suppression of IGFBP-3 internalization by TfR1 blockade inhibited IGFBP-3-induced apoptosis. Together, these data indicate that the actions of IGFBP-3 are mediated by internalization via distinct endocytic pathways...
- GH responsiveness varies during the menstrual cycleHelena K Gleeson
Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 153:775-9. 2005..It is not known, however, whether fluctuant levels of endogenous oestrogen modify GH sensitivity. To investigate this further, women were challenged with the IGF-1 generation test at different stages of the menstrual cycle...
- Identification of a functional vitamin D response element in the human insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 promoterLihong Peng
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5103
Mol Endocrinol 18:1109-19. 2004..In conclusion, we have identified a functional VDRE in the distal region of the human IGFBP-3 promoter. The induction of IGFBP-3 by 1,25-(OH)2D3 appears to be directly mediated via VDR interaction with this VDRE...
- Relationships between plasma insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 and second breast cancer risk in a prevention trial of fenretinideAndrea Decensi
Division of Chemoprevention, European Institute of Oncology, Milan 20141, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 9:4722-9. 2003..We determined whether IGF-I and IGFBP-3 predict second breast cancer risk, and whether their changes during fenretinide explain observed reductions in second breast cancer in women </=50 years of age...
- Increased IGF-I : IGFBP-3 ratio in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaDaniele Mattera
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 59:699-706. 2003..The development of hepatocellular carcinoma in liver cirrhosis is associated with altered synthesis and secretion of several growth factors...
- Identification of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 as a farnesyl transferase inhibitor SCH66336-induced negative regulator of angiogenesis in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaSeung Hyun Oh
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:653-61. 2006..These findings suggest that IGFBP-3 could be a primary target for antitumor activities of FTIs and that IGFBP-3 is an effective therapeutic approach against angiogenesis in HNSCC...
- Nuclear insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 induces apoptosis and is targeted to ubiquitin/proteasome-dependent proteolysisFrédéric R Santer
Cell Metabolism and Differentiation Research Group, Institute for Biomedical Aging Research of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Innsbruck, Austria
Cancer Res 66:3024-33. 2006..Moreover, we show that IGFBP-3, if ectopically expressed in the nucleus, can induce apoptotic cell death. These results suggest that ubiquitin/proteasome-mediated proteolysis of IGFBP-3 may contribute to down-regulation of apoptosis...
- Body mass index, waist circumference and waist-hip ratio and serum levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in European womenI T Gram
Institute of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1623-31. 2006..To examine the relationship between body mass index (BMI) and waist-hip ratio (WHR) with serum levels of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), and its binding protein (IGFBP)-3...
- Gender differences in the insulin-like growth factor axis response to a glucose loadD E Flanagan
Department of Endocrinology, Peninsula Medical School, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 187:371-8. 2006..The aim of our study was to examine the response of the IGFs and their binding proteins to an intravenous load of glucose in a cohort of young men and women with normal glucose tolerance...
- Nonsecreted insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) can induce apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells by IGF-independent mechanisms without being concentrated in the nucleusNisan Bhattacharyya
Diabetes Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:24588-601. 2006..These results indicate that IGFBP-3 can induce apoptosis in an IGF-independent manner without being secreted or concentrated in the nucleus...
- Recombinant human insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 inhibits growth of human epidermal growth factor receptor-2-overexpressing breast tumors and potentiates herceptin activity in vivoLori Jerome
Department of Oncology, McGill University, West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 66:7245-52. 2006..These results emphasize the merit of evaluating simultaneous blockade of the HER-2 and IGF-IR pathways using combination therapy with rhIGFBP-3 plus Herceptin in human clinical trials of patients with HER-2-positive breast cancer...
- Antimetastatic activity of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in lung cancer is mediated by insulin-like growth factor-independent urokinase-type plasminogen activator inhibitionSeung Hyun Oh
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 432, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2685-95. 2006..Our findings indicate that IGFBP-3 may be a promising anti-invasive and antimetastatic therapeutic agent in lung cancer...
- Association of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 expression with melanoma progressionYaguang Xi
Cancer Genomics Laboratory, Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, 307 North University Boulevard, MSB 2015, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:3078-84. 2006..These results strongly suggest that IGFBP-3 expression may be a vital cell motility, migration, and proliferation factor necessary for melanoma metastasis and is an important biomarker in human melanoma...
- Serum IGF-I, its major binding protein (IGFBP-3) and epithelial ovarian cancer risk: the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)Petra H M Peeters
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:81-90. 2007..Our results suggest that the circulating levels of IGF-I may play a potentially important role in the development of ovarian cancer in women of a pre- or perimenopausal age...
- Circulating insulin-like growth factor-I and binding protein-3 and the risk of breast cancerLaura Baglietto
Cancer Epidemiology Centre, The Cancer Council Victoria, 1 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, Melbourne, Victoria 3053, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:763-8. 2007..More prospective studies are needed to clarify the age dependence of the association between IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and breast cancer...
- IGFBP-3 regulates esophageal tumor growth through IGF-dependent and independent mechanismsMunenori Takaoka
Gastroengerology Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:534-40. 2007..In aggregate, these data suggest that IGFBP-3 contributes to esophageal tumor development and progression through IGF-dependent and independent mechanisms...
- Differential expression of IGF-binding protein-3 in normal and malignant colon and its influence on apoptosisP J Jenkins
Department of Endocrinology, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and the London Queen Mary s School of Dentistry, John Vane Building, Charterhouse Square, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:891-901. 2005..These effects are mediated in part by the PI-3K pathway in contrast to the MAP kinase pathway used by IGF-I...
- Polymorphisms in the IGF-1 and IGFBP 3 promoter and the risk of breast cancerKerstin Wagner
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 92:133-40. 2005..76, 95% CI 1.44-v-9.81, p=0.006). Thus, the polymorphisms in the IGF-1 and IGFBP 3 genes associated with an increased risk of breast cancer in familial cases carrying the variant alleles...
- A two-by-two factorial trial comparing oral with transdermal estrogen therapy and fenretinide with placebo on breast cancer biomarkersAndrea Decensi
Divisions of Chemoprevention, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Laboratory Medicine, Radiology, and Gynecology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 10:4389-97. 2004....
- Pitfalls of immunoassay and sample for IGF-I: comparison of different assay methodologies using various fresh and stored serum samplesJavad Khosravi
Diagnostic Systems Laboratories Canada Inc, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Clin Biochem 38:659-66. 2005..We examined the potential for post-sampling proteolysis and evaluated the impact of such events on IGF-I immunoassays...
- A mouse skin multistage carcinogenesis model reflects the aberrant DNA methylation patterns of human tumorsMario F Fraga
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Molecular Pathology Program, Spanish National Cancer Centre, Madrid, Spain
Cancer Res 64:5527-34. 2004....
- Overexpression of gly56/gly80/gly81-mutant insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 in transgenic miceJosef V Silha
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada R3E 0W3
Endocrinology 146:1523-31. 2005..The higher levels of IGF-I and murine IGFBP-3 in the 5012 Tg strain suggest that the growth inhibitory effect of mutant IGFBP-3 may be compensated for by other mechanisms...
- Functional promoter upstream p53 regulatory sequence of IGFBP3 that is silenced by tumor specific methylationTadashi Hanafusa
Okayama University Advanced Science Research Center, Department of Radiation Research, Shikata Laboratory, Shikata cho 2 5 1, Okayama Japan
BMC Cancer 5:9. 2005..As the hot spot locates at the putative upstream p53 consensus sequences, these p53 consensus sequences are really functional is a question to be answered...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I, IGF binding protein-3, and breast cancer in young women: a comparison of risk estimates using different peptide assaysSabina Rinaldi
Nutrition and Hormones Group, IARC, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:48-52. 2005..These results are consistent with an association of breast cancer risk in young women with elevated IGF-I and IGFBP-3, and show that for IGFBP-3, the strength of such an association could vary substantially depending on the assay used...
- Rapid apoptosis induction by IGFBP-3 involves an insulin-like growth factor-independent nucleomitochondrial translocation of RXRalpha/Nur77Kuk Wha Lee
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16942-8. 2005..This unique nongenotropic nuclear pathway supports an emerging role for IGFBP-3 as a novel, multicompartmental signaling molecule involved in induction of apoptosis in malignant cells...
- Mechanisms of oval cell activation and differentiationBryon E Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2013..This knowledge will help to guide the development of strategies for the therapeutic use of stem cell transplants for the treatment of liver disease. ..
- Mechanisms of CDX2 regulation of the IGF axisDuyen Dang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This line of investigation provides the first insights into how CDX2 can function as both a cell growth promoter and suppressor. This approach would hopefully lead to novel clinical strategies for colon cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Development of Genetic Tools for a Short-lived Fish Model in Aging ResearchCunming Duan; Fiscal Year: 2013..A better understanding of the biology of aging regulation will likely lead to the development of diagnostic and therapeutic tools that will increase the healthy lifespan of the aging population in the United States. ..
- Compound 49b prevents retinal endothelial cell apoptosis in type 2 diabetesJena J Steinle; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project focuses on a deeper understanding of the mechanisms underlying this protective action in a type II rat model, which will expedite movement of this novel drug into human clinical trials. ..
- Compound 49b Prevents Retinal Endothelial Cell Death Through IGFBP-3 LevelsJena J Steinle; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project focuses on a deeper understanding of the mechanisms underlying this protective action. ..
- Cohort Study of Risks for Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaAlan Kristal; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from this study will enhance our understanding of the etiology of symptomatic BPH and could potentially be used to develop new strategies for prevention and control of this very common disease. ..
- ETIOLOGY OF GROWTH FAILURE IN BILIARY ATRESIABarbara Haber; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study will provide the foundation for a long-term interventional trial. ..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF FOLATE AND COLORECTAL ADENOMAEdward Giovannucci; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Insulin-Like Growth Factor System and Muller CellsClyde Guidry; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from this study will improve our understanding of fibrocontractive retinal diseases and should represent a significant gain toward control of proliferative complications associated with diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Androgen Pathway and Genetic Risk of Prostate CancerNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..The identification and confirmation of high-risk genetic profiles for prostate cancer could enable better screening and potential preventive interventions aimed at the gene products. ..
- URINE AND BLADDER MARKERS OF INTERSTITIAL CYSTITISDeborah Erickson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The markers with the strongest associations will be useful for future basic and clinical research directed towards specific etiologies of IC. This focused research will lead to improved, specific treatments for IC. ..
- ROLES OF POLYPEPTIDE GROWTH FACTORS IN CELL GROWTHJUNG HUANG; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Mammographic Density as a Predictor of Breast CancerBETTY MINCEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- IDENTIFICATION OF A BONE SPECIFIC FUNCTION FOR P53Nalini Chandar; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Mechanisms Linking Dairy to Higher Prostate Cancer RiskMarilyn Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2006..Findings will also provide information critical to African Americans, for whom a recommendation to reduce dairy may be harmful rather than beneficial. ..
- Colon Cancer Risk: IGF Polymorphisms/Lifestyle FactorsPolly Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2003..As an adjunct to an existing study, this is an efficient, valid cost-effective approach to the investigation of the association between polymorphisms and cancer risk. ..
- Effects of diet on growth hormone-IGF-1 axisNorman Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ARTHEROSCLEROSIS IN INSULIN-RESISTANT, HYPERLIPIDEMIC P*David Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Development of a Novel Method for Inhibiting Atherosclerosis in DiabetesDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chaperones, ROS systems, & IGF-1:Roles in vascular agingDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IGFBP5 AND INTEGRINS AND CONTROLLING IGF1 ACTIONSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS BY WHICH IGF-I STIMULATES SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may suggest novel strategies for interfering with these processes to alter the progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Nutritional Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in the Multiethnic CohortGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Soy Consumption and Breast Tissue ProliferationGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- A Pilot Trial of Oral Melatonin Supplementation in Breast Cancer SurvivorsEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This pilot data could lay the groundwork for a large scale trial to assess the chemopreventive potential of melatonin in women, both with and without a personal history of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Soy on Estrogens in Breast Fluid and UrineGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2010..The NAF approach is the only way to learn more about the beneficial and adverse effects of soy directly in the female breast without applying invasive procedures to women without breast disease or surgery. ..
- Mechanisms of Atherosclerosis and CVD in HIV+ WomenRobert Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2009..This investigation will have major implications for the development of strategies to predict, prevent, or reverse atherosclerosis in HIV- infected women. ..
- Aspartame Intake and the Risk of CancerEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our results may help decision-makers formulate guidelines and direct future aspartame studies. Even a null finding would be important in this context. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clock Genes, Night Work, and Breast Cancer RiskEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study could help identify individuals who are more susceptible to night work than others, based on their genetic profile. ..
- Effects of Light at Night on Circadian System in NursesEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Density, IGF-I, & Prolactin, in Four PopulationsGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2004..The statistical analysis will include mixed models to explore the relation between hormone levels and breast density while controlling for confounders and for clustering by study location. ..
- NESTED CASE CONTROL STUDY OF MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITYGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Epidemiology of IGF and Cardiovascular EventsRobert Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Genomic and Non-Genomic Effects of IGFBP-3 on ApoptosisPinchas Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful our findings may validate novel targets for clinical therapy development for use in men with CaP. ..
- Inhibition of Androgen Receptor to treat Prostate CancerGayathri Devi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on these data, future pharmacokinetic and toxicology animal studies will allow proceeding to human phase I testing in a timely and efficient manner. ..
- The Role of IGF2 in Fetal Growth RestrictionPinchas Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Antisense Morpholino Oligomers to Treat RetinopathyGayathri Devi; Fiscal Year: 2003..The primary goal of this grant is to identify the optimal antisense alphav PMO, dose and schedule that maximally decreases alpha V expression and inhibits retinopathy of prematurity. ..
- NUTRITIONAL AND BIOCHEMICAL/GENETIC MARKERS OF CANCERJing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2007..Hence, the proposed project is highly cost-efficient. ..
- IGF-I: A Nutrition-Regulated Target in Prostate CancerPinchas Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Lung Cancer Chemoprevention using DeguelinHo Young Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IGF AXIS IN ASTHMAPinchas Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..We believe that these studies may help us understand the dis-regulated growth of asthmatic airway smooth muscle and allow us to optimize our therapeutic approaches to this disease. ..
- IRON STATUS AND RISK OF CHD AND COLON CANCERJing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Ethnic/Racial Minorities in the Colon CFRLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- GENES, DIET AND CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION IN SMOKERSLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The elucidation of the main enzymes responsible for carcinogen activation and of the impact of dietary factors on these enzymes would have important implications for cancer prevention. ..
- Hawaii Colorectal Cancer Family RegistryLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also propose a CFR pilot study exploring the feasibility of assessing assorted mating as evidence for population stratification. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- BREAST CANCER AND GENE POLYMORPHISMS IN CHINESE WOMENChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our ultimate goal is to provide information to identify women at high risk of breast cancer, and to aid in the formulation of prevention strategies for these women. ..
- CHEMOPREVENTION FOR WOMEN AT HIGH RISK OF BREAST CANCERCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The answer impacts on the entire future of breast cancer chemoprevention development efforts. ..
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Case-Control Study of Adenoma in Sao Paulo JapaneseLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTION OF NOGGIN IN HAIR FOLLICLE GROWTH AND DISEASEVladimir Botchkarev; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Vitamin D Intake and Breast Cancer SurvivalMichelle Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2005..A polymorphism in VDR (FOK1) has been shown to influence breast cancer risk. We hypothesize that women homozygous for this polymorphism will have an increased risk of death from breast cancer. ..
- White matter damage in the developing mouse brainWayne Price; Fiscal Year: 2007..The development of mouse models of WMD will facilitate research defining the pathogenesis of this disorder, and will suggest prevention and treatment strategies for use in the human neonate. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- FlaxSeed Lignan for Breast Cancer ChemopreventionCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..If positive, the results of this study will be critical to the design and implementation of a placebo-controlled Phase II prevention trial with Brevail and/or commercial flaxseed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Endometrial CancerChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Efforts will also be devoted to generating risk indices through statistical modeling that integrate potential effects of genetic variants in the estrogen metabolism pathway and/or DNA repair pathways. ..
- Insulin Resistance and Colon Cancer in Blacks and WhitesTemitope Keku; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed project will advance the understanding of the role of insulin resistance in colon cancer among African Americans and whites. ..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analytical Reconstruction of Feedback Signaling in Aging MenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The present proposal develops a general biomathematical framework for dissecting otherwise observed pathways that control hormone output in aging, stress and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bioactivity and Vitamins in Flash-heated BreastmilkCaroline Chantry; Fiscal Year: 2005..Information from these analyses will be used in linear programming to predict how the described changes in nutrient content of milk due to heating would affect the overall dietary needs of the child and the associated costs. ..
- Breast Cancer Risk Biomarkers and Energy BalanceCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- Diet, Genetic Susceptibility and Colorectal NeoplasiaLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genotyping for random markers will permit to exclude residual confounding by ethnicity. ..