Genomes and Genes
Summary: Partial immunoglobulin molecules resulting from selective cleavage by proteolytic enzymes or generated through PROTEIN ENGINEERING techniques.
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Engineered antibody fragments and the rise of single domainsPhilipp Holliger
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Nat Biotechnol 23:1126-36. 2005....
- Beta-lactamase inhibitors derived from single-domain antibody fragments elicited in the camelidaeK E Conrath
Department of Ultrastructure, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pardenstraat 65, B 1640 St Genesius Rode, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2807-12. 2001..This innovative strategy could generate multiple potent inhibitors for all types of beta-lactamases...
- Properties, production, and applications of camelid single-domain antibody fragmentsM M Harmsen
Institute for Animal Science and Health ID Lelystad of Wageningen University and Research Centre, Edelhertweg 15, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:13-22. 2007..This minireview offers an overview of (1) their properties as compared to conventional antibodies, (2) their production in microorganisms, with a focus on yeasts, and (3) their therapeutic applications...
- Reduction in morbidity of rotavirus induced diarrhoea in mice by yeast produced monovalent llama-derived antibody fragmentsJ M van der Vaart
Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3133 AT Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Vaccine 24:4130-7. 2006..They could provide a treatment modality for the moderation of human rotavirus infections having a significant impact on the course of an often fatal childhood disease...
- Cloning, expression and characterisation of a single-chain Fv antibody fragment against domoic acid in Escherichia coliXuejun Hu
Department of Chemical and Environmental Sciences, University of Limerick, Plassey Technology Park, Limerick, Ireland
J Biotechnol 120:38-45. 2005..The purified scFv exhibited binding similar to the parent monoclonal antibody and is being used to develop an immunosensor to detect domoic acid in contaminated shellfish samples...
- Efficient tumor targeting by single-domain antibody fragments of camelsVirna Cortez-Retamozo
Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Sint Genesius Rode, Belgium
Int J Cancer 98:456-62. 2002..It may open perspectives for their future use as tumor-targeting vehicle, due to their small size, soluble behaviour and because they are non-immunogenic and interact with epitopes that are less antigenic for conventional antibodies...
- Conserved structural elements in the V3 crown of HIV-1 gp120Xunqing Jiang
Department of Biochemistry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:955-61. 2010..As these regions are targeted by cross-clade neutralizing human antibodies, they provide a blueprint for the design of vaccine immunogens that could elicit broadly cross-reactive protective antibodies...
- Engineered antibodiesPeter J Hudson
CRC for Diagnostics at CSIRO Health Sciences and Nutrition, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Nat Med 9:129-34. 2003
- Selecting and screening recombinant antibody librariesHennie R Hoogenboom
Ablynx NV, Technologiepark 4, 9052 Ghent, Belgium
Nat Biotechnol 23:1105-16. 2005....
- Radioiodinated versus radiometal-labeled anti-carcinoembryonic antigen single-chain Fv-Fc antibody fragments: optimal pharmacokinetics for therapyVania Kenanova
Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Department of Radioimmunotherapy, Duarte, CA, USA
Cancer Res 67:718-26. 2007..Finally, the 125I/111In biodistribution data allowed for dose estimations, which suggest the 131I-labeled scFv-Fc H310A/H435Q as a promising candidate for radioimmunotherapy...
- Adsorption and activity of a domoic acid binding antibody fragment on mesoporous silicatesXuejun Hu
Department of Chemical and Environmental Sciences, and Materials and Surface Science Institute, University of Limerick, Plassey Technology Park, Limerick, Ireland
J Phys Chem B 110:18703-9. 2006..The antigen:antibody ratio decreased from 1:1.3 to <1:10 with increasing concentration of immobilized antibody, and the immobilized scFv exhibited no detectable reduction in domoic acid binding over a 42-day incubation period...
- Selection by phage display of llama conventional V(H) fragments with heavy chain antibody V(H)H propertiesJamshid Tanha
Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0R6
J Immunol Methods 263:97-109. 2002..The very close similarity of these molecules to human V(H)s makes them potentially very useful as therapeutic dAbs...
- Isolation of llama antibody fragments for prevention of dandruff by phage display in shampooEdward Dolk
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Utrecht, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:442-50. 2005..The combination of the unique properties of VHHs together with applied phage display and protein engineering is a powerful method for obtaining highly stable VHHs that can be used in a wide range of applications...
- Engineering a single-chain Fv antibody to alpha v beta 6 integrin using the specificity-determining loop of a foot-and-mouth disease virusHeide Kogelberg
Cancer Research UK Targeting and Imaging Group, Department of Oncology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Hampstead Campus, London NW3 2PF, UK
J Mol Biol 382:385-401. 2008....
- Sheep monoclonal antibody fragments generated using a phage display systemY Li
Department of Biology, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, UK
J Immunol Methods 236:133-46. 2000..The method described here should be of value for the study of sheep immunology as well as for biorecognition in general...
- Antibody specific for the peptide.major histocompatibility complex. Is it T cell receptor-like?Tatiana Mareeva
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44243-9. 2004..We propose that the above features constitute a signature of the recognition of MHC-bound peptide antigens by TCR and TCR-like antibodies, which could explain why the latter are rarely produced in vivo...
- Assembly of a functional immunoglobulin Fv fragment in Escherichia coliA Skerra
Genzentrum der Universität München, Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, FRG
Science 240:1038-41. 1988..This expression system should facilitate future protein engineering experiments on antibodies...
- Single-domain antibody fragments with high conformational stabilityMireille Dumoulin
Laboratoire d Enzymologie, Centre d Ingénerie des Protéines, Institut de Chimie B6, Universite de Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Protein Sci 11:500-15. 2002..Hence, the reduced size, improved solubility, and higher stability of the camelid heavy-chain antibody fragments are of special interest for biotechnological and medical applications...
- Reliable and controllable antibody fragment selections from Camelid non-immune libraries for target validationPeter Verheesen
University of Utrecht, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1764:1307-19. 2006....
- Multivalency: the hallmark of antibodies used for optimization of tumor targeting by designSergey M Deyev
Russian Academy of Sciences, Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Moscow, Russian Federation
Bioessays 30:904-18. 2008..Different multimerization strategies used now in antibody engineering make it possible to optimize biodistribution and tumor targeting of recombinant antibody constructs for cancer diagnostics and therapy...
- Rigid, specific, and discrete gold nanoparticle/antibody conjugatesChristopher J Ackerson
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:2635-40. 2006..A complex of the MPC-scFv conjugate with the neuraminidase was isolated, and the presence of four gold clusters was verified by cryoelectron microscopy...
- Antibodies for molecular imaging of cancerAnna M Wu
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer J 14:191-7. 2008..Antibody imaging can provide a sensitive, noninvasive means for molecular characterization of cell surface phenotype in vivo, which can in turn guide diagnosis, prognosis, therapy selection, and monitoring of treatment in cancer...
- Antibody fragments: hope and hypeAaron L Nelson
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
MAbs 2:77-83. 2010....
- Structure of an HIV gp120 envelope glycoprotein in complex with the CD4 receptor and a neutralizing human antibodyP D Kwong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 393:648-59. 1998..Our results provide a framework for understanding the complex biology of HIV entry into cells and should guide efforts to intervene...
- Development of a high-affinity anti-domoic acid sheep scFv and its use in detection of the toxin in shellfishIain Shaw
National Diagnostics Centre, National University of Ireland Galway, Galway, Ireland
Anal Chem 80:3205-12. 2008..Adjusting the cutoff point for DA concentration accordingly from the regulatory 20 mg/kg, the potential of the sheep scFv-based ELISA for use as a screening assay for DA in shellfish extracts was demonstrated...
- Harnessing phage and ribosome display for antibody optimisationPatrick Dufner
Cambridge Antibody Technology, Milstein Building, Granta Park, Cambridge CB1 6GH, UK
Trends Biotechnol 24:523-9. 2006..This review introduces the two technologies, compares them with respect to their use in antibody optimisation and highlights how they can be exploited for the successful and efficient generation of putative drug candidates...
- Production of soluble ScFvs with C-terminal-free thiol for site-specific conjugation or stable dimeric ScFvs on demandHuguette Albrecht
Radiodiagnosis and Therapy, Molecular Cancer Institute, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95816, USA
Bioconjug Chem 15:16-26. 2004..coli, either as stable scFv-Cys or (scFv-Cys)2. ScFv-Cys can be used for conjugation to PEG to form bivalent PEG (scFv-Cys)2 molecules or used as (scFv-Cys)2 for increased sensitivity in IHC...
- Arming antibodies: prospects and challenges for immunoconjugatesAnna M Wu
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Box 951770, 700 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nat Biotechnol 23:1137-46. 2005..Nonetheless, highly promising results from preclinical models will continue to drive the clinical development of this therapeutic class...
- Expression of an anti-CD33 single-chain antibody by Pichia pastorisLouise M Emberson
Department of Biosciences, University of Kent, Giles Lane, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NJ, UK
J Immunol Methods 305:135-51. 2005..Flow cytometry and Biacore analysis demonstrated binding to target antigen CD33 on the surface of human leukaemic cell line HL-60, and to recombinant soluble CD33 respectively...
- By-passing immunization. Human antibodies from V-gene libraries displayed on phageJ D Marks
MRC Centre for Protein Engineering, Cambridge, U K
J Mol Biol 222:581-97. 1991..Nevertheless, our results suggest that a single large phage display library can be used to isolate human antibodies against any antigen, by-passing both hybridoma technology and immunization...
- "Diabodies": small bivalent and bispecific antibody fragmentsP Holliger
Medical Research Council Centre for Protein Engineering, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:6444-8. 1993..Diabodies offer a ready means of constructing small bivalent and bispecific antibody fragments in bacteria...
- Enhancement of DNA vaccine potency by sandwiching antigen-coding gene between secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (SLC) and IgG Fc fragment genesRongzhi Liu
Department of Immunology, Cancer Hospital and Institute, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Cancer Biol Ther 5:427-34. 2006....
- Sustained activation and tumor targeting of NKT cells using a CD1d-anti-HER2-scFv fusion protein induce antitumor effects in miceKathrin Stirnemann
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 118:994-1005. 2008..Targeting iNKT cells to the tumor site thus may activate a combined innate and adaptive immune response that may prove to be effective in cancer immunotherapy...
- Specific production rate of VHH antibody fragments by Saccharomyces cerevisiae is correlated with growth rate, independent of nutrient limitationYvonne E Thomassen
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and the Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biotechnol 118:270-7. 2005..From our results we conclude that to obtain a maximal amount of VHH per kilogram biomass per hour, VHH production should be done in carbon limited continuous cultures at high specific growth rates...
- Modulation of the CD40-CD40 ligand interaction using human anti-CD40 single-chain antibody fragments obtained from the n-CoDeR phage display libraryPeter Ellmark
Department of Immunotechnology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Immunology 106:456-63. 2002..In conclusion, this panel of human anti-CD40 scFv fragments displays a number of distinct properties, which may constitute a valuable source when evaluating candidates for in vivo trials...
- Protective and therapeutic capacity of human single-chain Fv-Fc fusion proteins against West Nile virusL Hannah Gould
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Virol 79:14606-13. 2005..These recombinant human scFvs are potential candidates for immunoprophylaxis and therapy of flavivirus infections...
- Rapid generation of specific antibodies by enhanced homologous recombinationHidetaka Seo
Genetic Dynamics Research Unit, RIKEN Discovery Research Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Nat Biotechnol 23:731-5. 2005....
- Comparison of the biodistribution and tumor targeting of two 99mTc-labeled anti-EGFR nanobodies in mice, using pinhole SPECT/micro-CTLea Olive Tchouate Gainkam
In Vivo Cellular and Molecular Imaging Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Nucl Med 49:788-95. 2008..We compared the in vivo tumor uptake and biodistribution of 2 anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (anti-EGFR) Nanobodies, (99m)Tc-7C12 and (99m)Tc-7D12...
- Anti-CD166 single chain antibody-mediated intracellular delivery of liposomal drugs to prostate cancer cellsAudrey Roth
Department of Anesthesia, University of California at San Francisco, Room 3C38, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2737-46. 2007..Further studies on intracellular tracking of endocytosed liposomal drugs will help identify and overcome the barriers limiting the potency of liposomal drugs...
- Antibody phage display technology and its applicationsH R Hoogenboom
CESAME, Department of Pathology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Immunotechnology 4:1-20. 1998....
- High affinity restricts the localization and tumor penetration of single-chain fv antibody moleculesG P Adams
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 61:4750-5. 2001..These results indicate that antibody-based molecules with extremely high affinity have impaired tumor penetration properties that must be considered in the design of antibody-based cancer therapies...
- Facile generation of heat-stable antiviral and antitoxin single domain antibodies from a semisynthetic llama libraryEllen R Goldman
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, US Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Anal Chem 78:8245-55. 2006..The ability to rapidly select such rugged antibodies will enhance the reliability of immunoassays by extending shelf life and the capacity to function in hostile environments...
- Optimisation of production of a domoic acid-binding scFv antibody fragment in Escherichia coli using molecular chaperones and functional immobilisation on a mesoporous silicate supportXuejun Hu
Department of Chemical and Environmental Sciences, University of Limerick, Plassey Technology Park, Limerick, Ireland
Protein Expr Purif 52:194-201. 2007..The work outlines the potential benefit of applying a molecular chaperone/folding catalyst screening approach to improve antibody fragment production for applications such as sensor development...
- Making antibodies by phage display technologyG Winter
MRC Centre for Protein Engineering, Cambridge, UK
Annu Rev Immunol 12:433-55. 1994..Such antibodies have potential as reagents for research and in therapy...
- Tumor targeting of radiometal labeled anti-CEA recombinant T84.66 diabody and t84.66 minibody: comparison to radioiodinated fragmentsP J Yazaki
Department of Molecular Biology and Division of Immunology of the Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Bioconjug Chem 12:220-8. 2001..Development of alternative blocking strategies or new metabolizable chelates are under investigation to enhance the utility of the radiometal form of these and other promising recombinant antibody fragments...
- Recombinant carcinoembryonic antigen as a reporter gene for molecular imagingVania Kenanova
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 700 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:104-14. 2009..We have developed a reporter gene based on carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), a human protein with limited normal tissue expression...
- In vitro folding and thermodynamic stability of an antibody fragment selected in vivo for high expression levels in Escherichia coli cytoplasmP Martineau
Unité de Programmation Moléculaire et de Toxicologie Génétique CNRS URA1444 Département des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, Paris, 75015, France
J Mol Biol 292:921-9. 1999....
- Selection and application of human single chain Fv antibody fragments from a semi-synthetic phage antibody display library with designed CDR3 regionsJ de Kruif
Department of Immunology, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Mol Biol 248:97-105. 1995..The results demonstrate that this large human phage antibody library contains a broad assortment of binding specificities that can be applied in a variety of biochemical assays...
- Tailoring the pharmacokinetics and positron emission tomography imaging properties of anti-carcinoembryonic antigen single-chain Fv-Fc antibody fragmentsVania Kenanova
Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
Cancer Res 65:622-31. 2005..Thus, attenuating the Fc-FcRn interaction provides a way of controlling the antibody fragment serum half-life without compromising expression and tumor targeting...
- Selection of human antibody fragments directed against tumor T-cell epitopes for adoptive T-cell therapyRalph Willemsen
Department of Medical Oncology, Unit Clinical and Tumor Immunology, Tumor Immunology Group, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, 3075 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cytometry A 73:1093-9. 2008....
- Nanobodies®: proficient tools in diagnosticsLieven Huang
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London, UK
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 10:777-85. 2010..Here we present several examples of currently available applications of Nanobodies to the field of immunosensor for cancer, immunoaffinity chromatography, in vivo and intracellular imaging...
- Enhancement of toxin- and virus-neutralizing capacity of single-domain antibody fragments by N-glycosylationM M Harmsen
Central Veterinary Institute of Wageningen UR, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 84:1087-94. 2009..Thus, we have shown that N-glycosylation of VHHs contributes to toxin- and virus-neutralizing capacity...
- Characterization of engineered anti-p185HER-2 (scFv-CH3)2 antibody fragments (minibodies) for tumor targetingTove Olafsen
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 700 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Protein Eng Des Sel 17:315-23. 2004..62 h) was similar. Thus, minibodies with different specificities display similar pharmacokinetics, while tumor uptake may vary depending on the antigen-antibody system...
- Recombinant antibody fragmentsP J Hudson
CRC for Diagnostic Technologies and CSIRO Molecular Science, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin Biotechnol 9:395-402. 1998..In numerous practical applications, recombinant antibody fragments have been fused to radioisotopes, drugs, toxins, enzymes and biosensor surfaces...
- Beneficial properties of single-domain antibody fragments for application in immunoaffinity purification and immuno-perfusion chromatographyP Verheesen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Utrecht, Utrecht 3500 TB, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1624:21-8. 2003..The results of this study show that highly pure proteins can be recovered from biological material in a single-step process...
- Over expression of anti-MUC1 single-domain antibody fragments in the yeast Pichia pastorisFatemeh Rahbarizadeh
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, IR Iran
Mol Immunol 43:426-35. 2006..pastoris is a suitable host for high level and correctly folded production of VHH antibody fragments with potential in vivo diagnostic and therapeutic applications. This is the first report of expression of VHH in P. pastoris...
- Intranasal delivery of ESBA105, a TNF-alpha-inhibitory scFv antibody fragment to the brainEsther Furrer
ESBATech AG, Wagistrasse 21, CH 8952 Zurich Schlieren, Switzerland
J Neuroimmunol 215:65-72. 2009..Addition of a penetration enhancing peptide to the formulation enhanced the delivery of ESBA105 to the olfactory bulb and the cerebrum, without increasing systemic exposure...
- Prolonged in vivo residence times of llama single-domain antibody fragments in pigs by binding to porcine immunoglobulinsMichiel M Harmsen
Animal Sciences Group ID Lelystad BV of Wageningen University and Research Centre, Edelhertweg 15, P O Box 65, 8219 PH, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Vaccine 23:4926-34. 2005..Four pIgG-binding VHH2s were administered to pigs and showed a 100-fold extended in vivo residence times as compared to a control VHH2 that does not bind to pIgG. This could provide the basis for therapeutic application of VHHs in pigs...
- Design, expression, purification, and characterization, in vitro and in vivo, of an antimelanoma single-chain Fv antibody fused to the toxin geloninMichael G Rosenblum
Department of Bioimmunotherapy, Section of Immunopharmacology and Targeted Therapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:3995-4002. 2003..These studies suggest that this recombinant fusion construct has potent cytotoxic activity both in vitro and in vivo and is an excellent candidate for clinical development...
- Internalization and recycling of ALCAM/CD166 detected by a fully human single-chain recombinant antibodyTiziana Piazza
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
J Cell Sci 118:1515-25. 2005..Altogether these data provide evidence of the suitability of the I/F8 scFv for further functional analysis of ALCAM/CD166 and intracellular delivery of effector moieties...
- Antibodies and antimatter: the resurgence of immuno-PETAnna M Wu
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1770, USA
J Nucl Med 50:2-5. 2009..Convergence of knowledge regarding key biomarkers that define normal biologic processes and disease with protein and imaging technology makes this an opportune time to revisit the combination of antibodies and PET, or immuno-PET...
- Targeted delivery of tissue factor to the ED-B domain of fibronectin, a marker of angiogenesis, mediates the infarction of solid tumors in miceF Nilsson
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
Cancer Res 61:711-6. 2001....
- Optimizing radiolabeled engineered anti-p185HER2 antibody fragments for in vivo imagingTove Olafsen
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Cancer Res 65:5907-16. 2005..1 +/- 1.5% ID/g). Thus, by manipulating the size and format of anti-p185(HER2) antibody fragments, the kidney activity was reduced and high or low expression of p185HER2 in xenografts could be distinguished by microPET imaging...
- Characterization of antibodies in single-chain format against the E7 oncoprotein of the human papillomavirus type 16 and their improvement by mutagenesisMaria Gabriella Donà
Section of Molecular Pathogenesis, Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immunomediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
BMC Cancer 7:25. 2007..We have also analysed the scFv43 sequence with the aim of improving stability and then activity of the antibody, previously shown to have antiproliferative activity when expressed in HPV16-positive cells...
- Affinity maturation and characterization of a human monoclonal antibody against HIV-1 gp41Donna L Montgomery
Department of Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
MAbs 1:462-74. 2009....
- Engineered vascular-targeting antibody-interferon-gamma fusion protein for cancer therapyChristina Ebbinghaus
Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 116:304-13. 2005....
- Making cell-permeable antibodies (Transbody) through fusion of protein transduction domains (PTD) with single chain variable fragment (scFv) antibodies: potential advantages over antibodies expressed within the intracellular environment (Intrabody)Boon Chin Heng
Stem Cell Laboratory, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074 Singapore, Singapore
Med Hypotheses 64:1105-8. 2005..This would allay any safety concerns with regards to their application in human clinical therapy...
- Combination of Dsb coexpression and an addition of sorbitol markedly enhanced soluble expression of single-chain Fv in Escherichia coliDuanpen Sandee
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 91:418-24. 2005..coli by the Dsb coexpression system with the addition of sorbitol medium additive. This method might be applicable for high-yield soluble expression of proteins with multiple disulfide bonds...
- Extended half-life upon binding of destabilized intrabodies allows specific detection of antigen in mammalian cellsAnnie Paule Sibler
UMR 700, Ecole Superieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
FEBS J 272:2878-91. 2005..Altogether, we show that PEST-tagged intrabodies of sufficient affinity and solubility are powerful tools for imaging the presence and likely the dynamics of protein antigens that are resistant to proteasomal degradation in animal cells...
- High-affinity, human antibody-like antibody fragment (single-chain variable fragment) neutralizing the lethal factor (LF) of Bacillus anthracis by inhibiting protective antigen-LF complex formationThibaut Pelat
Groupe de Biotechnologie des Anticorps, Département de Biologie des Agents Transmissibles, La Tronche, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2758-64. 2007..These results, and others formerly published, demonstrate that our approach can generate antibody fragments suitable for prophylaxis and therapeutics...
- Humanized radioiodinated minibody for imaging of prostate stem cell antigen-expressing tumorsJeffrey V Leyton
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7488-96. 2008..In this study, the 2B3 minibody (an 80-kDa engineered antibody fragment) has been produced for rapid targeting and imaging...
- Expression and purification of a single-chain variable fragment antibody derived from a polyol-responsive monoclonal antibodyJennifer A Lamberski
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1400 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Protein Expr Purif 47:82-92. 2006..The polyol-responsiveness of the scFv was determined by an ELISA-elution assay. Although the scFv loses considerable affinity for its antigen, it maintains similar polyol-responsiveness as the parent monoclonal antibody, PR-mAb NT73...
- Design, construction, and in vitro analysis of A33scFv::CDy, a recombinant fusion protein for antibody-directed enzyme prodrug therapy in colon cancerVania Coelho
CharitéCentrum fur Tumormedizin, Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hämatologie und Onkologie CBF, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Int J Oncol 31:951-7. 2007..These results demonstrate bifunctional activity of the heterogeneous Pichia-produced A33scFv::CDy fusion protein and proof of principle for the ADEPT system proposed herein...
- Targeted drug delivery to mesothelioma cells using functionally selected internalizing human single-chain antibodiesFeng An
Department of Anesthesia, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:569-78. 2008....
- Selection of recombinant antibodies from antibody gene librariesMichael Hust
Technical University Braunschweig, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 408:243-55. 2007..Herein, methods are described for the selection of recombinant antibody fragments from naive antibody gene libraries...
- PEGylation and multimerization of the anti-p185HER-2 single chain Fv fragment 4D5: effects on tumor targetingSusanne Kubetzko
Department of Biochemistry, University Hospital, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 281:35186-201. 2006..Both multimerization and PEGylation represent thus useful strategies to tailor the pharmacokinetic properties of therapeutic antibodies and their combined use can additively improve tumor targeting...
- Dimerisation strategies for shark IgNAR single domain antibody fragmentsDavid P Simmons
CRC for Diagnostics, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Immunol Methods 315:171-84. 2006....
- Mono and bivalent binding of a scFv and covalent diabody to murine laminin-1 using radioiodinated proteins and SPR measurements: effects on tissue retention in vivoBao Cheng Huang
Life Sciences Division Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge TN 37831 6101, USA
J Immunol Methods 313:149-60. 2006....
- Therapeutic effect of llama derived VHH fragments against Streptococcus mutans on the development of dental cariesCarina Krüger
Division of Clinical Immunology, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, 141 86, Sweden
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:732-7. 2006..No additional therapeutic effect of GOx was observed. Our results suggest that llama VHH antibodies may be a potential benefit as prophylaxis against dental caries...
- Passive immunization of guinea pigs with llama single-domain antibody fragments against foot-and-mouth diseaseM M Harmsen
Animal Sciences Group of Wageningen University and Research Centre, 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Vet Microbiol 120:193-206. 2007..This lack of correlation between in vitro neutralization and in vivo protection lends further credence to the notion that opsonophagocytosis of FMDV is important for protection in vivo...
- A human neutralizing antibody against a conformational epitope shared by oligomeric SARS S1 proteinJinzhu Duan
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, and Centre for Infection and Immunity, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
Antivir Ther 11:117-23. 2006..This study should aid in the manufacture of neutralizing antibody, provide a better understanding the immunological characteristics of SARS protein and facilitate the design of a SARS vaccine...
- Development of human antibody fragments using antibody phage display for the detection and diagnosis of Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus (VEEV)Martina Inga Kirsch
Abteilung Biotechnologie, Institut für Biochemie und Biotechnologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Spielmannstrabetae 7, 38106, Braunschweig, Germany
BMC Biotechnol 8:66. 2008..The objective of this work was the generation of recombinant antibodies for the detection of VEEV after a potential bioterrorism assault or an natural outbreak of VEEV...
- Selection and optimization of proteolytically stable llama single-domain antibody fragments for oral immunotherapyM M Harmsen
Institute for Animal Science and Health ID Lelystad of Wageningen University and Research Centre, Edelhertweg 15, 8219 PH, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:544-51. 2006..K922 is thus a promising candidate for prevention of piglet diarrhoea. Furthermore, our findings could guide selection and improvement by genetic engineering of other recombinant antibody fragments for oral use...
- A focused antibody library for improved hapten recognitionHelena Persson
Department of Immunotechnology, Lund University, P O Box 7031, SE 220 07 Lund, Sweden
J Mol Biol 357:607-20. 2006..The study supports the notion that it is possible to create antibody libraries that are biased for the recognition of antigens of pre-defined size...
- Prokaryotic expression of antibodiesMehdi Arbabi-Ghahroudi
Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario
Cancer Metastasis Rev 24:501-19. 2005..This review deals with various aspects of antibody expression in E. coli with a particular focus on single-domain antibodies...
- Codon optimization, expression, and characterization of an internalizing anti-ErbB2 single-chain antibody in Pichia pastorisSiyi Hu
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230027, PR China
Protein Expr Purif 47:249-57. 2006..Functional studies showed that the A21 scFv could be internalized with high efficiency after binding to the ErbB2-overexpressing cells, suggesting this regent may prove especially useful for ErbB2-targeted immunotherapy...
- Expression of an anti-botulinum toxin A neutralizing single-chain Fv recombinant antibody in transgenic tobaccoKurt C Almquist
Department of Environmental Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ont, Canada N1G 2W1
Vaccine 24:2079-86. 2006..Transgenic plants could provide an inexpensive production platform for expression of multiple mAbs toward the creation of polyclonal therapies (i.e. pooled mAbs) as the next improvement in recombinant antibody therapy...
- Isolation of single-chain antibody fragments against Venezuelan equine encephalomyelitis virus from two different immune sourcesJ M Duggan
Biomedical Sciences, DERA, Porton Down, Wiltshire, UK
Viral Immunol 14:263-73. 2001..The data presented in this article suggest that although scFvs may be useful tools for the detection of viruses, there are serious limitations with the use of phage display as a tool for the isolation of specific antibodies...
- Selection of phage-displayed human antibody fragments on Dengue virus particles captured by a monoclonal antibody: application to the four serotypesSheila Cabezas
Department of Virology, PAHO WHO Collaborating Center for the Study of Dengue and its Vector, Pedro Kouri Tropical Medicine Institute, Autopista Novia del Mediodia, km 6 5, Marianao 13, Habana, Cuba
J Virol Methods 147:235-43. 2008..The simple phage selection method on captured virus could be applied in a high throughput way to obtain larger panels of antibody fragments to Dengue virus for multiple applications...
- An improved helper phage system for efficient isolation of specific antibody molecules in phage displayHyunjung Baek
IG Therapy Co, Nong 3rd Building 112, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, South Korea
Nucleic Acids Res 30:e18. 2002....
- Bacterial expression of the scFv fragment of a recombinant antibody specific for Burkholderia pseudomallei exotoxinYu Ching Su
Centre for Gene Analysis and Technology, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor D E, Malaysia
J Biochem Mol Biol 36:493-8. 2003..05%. However, by indirect ELISA, only the scFv protein that was expressed in 0.2% (v/v) glycerol exhibited high specificity towards the Burkholderia pseudomallei exotoxin...
- Antibodies and gene therapy: teaching old 'magic bullets' new tricksLaura Sanz
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Trends Immunol 25:85-91. 2004..The relevance of these and other emerging concepts for antibody-based cancer therapy is discussed...
- Functional human monoclonal antibodies of all isotypes constructed from phage display library-derived single-chain Fv antibody fragmentsE Boel
Eijkman Winkler Institute for Microbiology, Infectious Diseases and Inflammation, Utrecht University Hospital, Rm G04 614, P O Box 85500, NL 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol Methods 239:153-66. 2000..We conclude that in vitro produced recombinant human mAbs constructed from phage display library-derived scFv fragments mirror their natural counterparts and may represent a source of mAbs for use in human therapy...
- Single-chain antibody-based gene therapy: inhibition of tumor growth by in situ production of phage-derived human antibody fragments blocking functionally active sites of cell-associated matricesL Sanz
Department of Immunology, Hospital Universitario Clinica Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
Gene Ther 9:1049-53. 2002..Our work represents the first demonstration of a direct in vivo therapeutic effect of a single-chain antibody secreted by gene-modified mammalian cells. These results open the way for a new antibody-based gene therapy strategy of cancer...
- A method for the generation of combinatorial antibody libraries using pIX phage displayChangshou Gao
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12612-6. 2002..The results suggested that the performance of pIX-display libraries can potentially exceed that of the pIII-display format and make it ideally suited for panning a wide variety of target antigens...
- Mapping tumor epitope space by direct selection of single-chain Fv antibody libraries on prostate cancer cellsBin Liu
Department of Anesthesia and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, California, USA
Cancer Res 64:704-10. 2004..Targeting components of this epitope space may facilitate development of immunotherapeutic and small molecule-based strategies as well as the use of other therapeutic agents that rely upon delivery to the interior of the tumor cell...
- Production of a biotinylated single-chain antibody fragment in the cytoplasm of Escherichia coliVille Santala
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
J Immunol Methods 284:165-75. 2004..This was proved by setting up a TSH immunoassay using the bio-scFv as a solid-phase capture antibody. The sensitivity of the assay was comparable with the currently used commercial immunoassays...
- Optimization of in vivo tumor targeting in SCID mice with divalent forms of 741F8 anti-c-erbB-2 single-chain Fv: effects of dose escalation and repeated i.v. administrationG P Adams
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 40:299-306. 1995..06 microgram/ml, at the 48-h point. These results suggest that multiple high-dose administrations of radiolabeled 741F8 (sFv')2 may lead to the selective tumor localization of therapeutic radiation doses...
- Design and use of a phage display library. Human antibodies with subnanomolar affinity against a marker of angiogenesis eluted from a two-dimensional gelA Pini
Dipartimento di Biologia Molecolare, Sezione di Biochimica, Universita di Siena, 53 100 Siena, Italy
J Biol Chem 273:21769-76. 1998....
- Neutralization of enteric coronaviruses with Escherichia coli cells expressing single-chain Fv-autotransporter fusionsEsteban Veiga
Department of Microbial Biotechnology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Campus de Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Virol 77:13396-8. 2003..This result raises prospects for antiviral strategies aimed at hindering the entry into target cells by bacteria that naturally colonize the same intestinal niches...
- Recombinant anti-carcinoembryonic antigen antibodies for targeting cancerK A Chester
Department of Oncology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 46:S8-12. 2000....
- Phage Display Tools for Automated Blood TypingDonald Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF LA CROSSE ARBOVIRAL ENCEPHALITISBarry Beaty; Fiscal Year: 1980..F(AB)2 immunoglobulin fragments have been prepared and conjugated with fluorescein isothiocyanate in order to examine peripheral blood ..
- High-avidity multimeric cancer imaging agentAnna Wu; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Gene therapy vectors for pediatric brain diseaseAnne Messer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Once this assay system is in place for one vector, it can also be used to test modifications of vector specificity and expression, as well as additional vectors such as AAV complexes. ..
- Intrabody Therapy of Parkinson's DiseaseAnne Messer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Long-term goals include administering these antibody reagents via gene therapy vectors, or as stable, multi-functional proteins. ..
- Intrabodies as novel neurological therapeuticsAnne Messer; Fiscal Year: 2010..These approaches should also be generally applicable for other neurodegenerative diseases that result from abnormal protein folding and accumulation, including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and prion diseases. ..
- Human Anti-Macaque CCR5 Mabs for Passive ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will supply important information that may be directly applicable to similar human clinical settings. ..
- TRANSTHYRETIN DEPOSITION IN AGING TRANSGENIC MICEJoel Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Investigation of the model may allow us to identify and study such mechanisms which, in turn, may provide insight into aging and offer potential therapeutic targets in more than one form of human amyloidosis. ..
- RETROVIRAL IMMUNOTOXINS FOR LEUKEMIADANIEL VALLERA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally in aim 4, we will determine if retlT can reduce toxicity compared to conventional IT and whether they have effects on components of the host immune system. ..
- 4th International Conference on Oncolytic Viruses as Cancer TherapeuticsKah Whye Peng; Fiscal Year: 2007..This provides an important training ground for tomorrow's scientists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeting Human Cyclin T1 to Inhibit HIV-1 ReplicationWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our long-term goal is to use anti-hCyclinT1 intrabodies together with anti-tat intrabodies in a clinical gene therapy trial. ..
- Global Analysis of Transcriptional Deregulation by HIV-1Wayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information obtained from these studies can then be used in model screening systems for the development of drugs to treat the cellular defects seen in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Deciphering toxin neutralization by oligoclonal antibodyJames Marks; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this approach would be applicable to four of the other Class A agents (anthrax, smallpox, plague, and hemorrhagic fever viruses). ..
- HUMAN ANTITAT INTRABODY GENE THERAPY AGAINST SHIVWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, the results from these studies will substantially advance our understanding of how to apply and improve this promising technology for the treatment of HIV-1 infection and AIDS. ..
- Bispecific Antibody Pretargeted Therapy of Pancreatic CancerROBERT SHARKEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, these studies will assist in establishing whether this type of pretargeting approach could have a role in the clinical management of pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeting Metastatic Breast Cancer with Human AntibodiesBrunhilde Felding Habermann; Fiscal Year: 2009..Novel immunoconjugates containing small, highly toxic compounds will be tested for their effects on metastatic breast cancer. If successful, this work will contribute to an improvement of current anti-cancer treatment. ..
- GENE THERAPY BY PHENOTYPIC KNOCKOUT OF HIV CORECEPTORSWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Integrin Activation in Breast Cancer MetastasisBrunhilde Felding Habermann; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Human Antibodies and Targeted Vaccines Against SARS-CoVWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide valuable information and therapeutic agents that can aid in the management of this new and emerging infectious disease. ..
- Role of SHP-1 Deregulation in HTLV-1 LeukemogenesisWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies should provide new insight into the biochemical mechanisms of HTLV-1 leukemogenesis and aid in the development of new treatments for this fatal disease. ..
- Xenograft-like rejection of tumors in a-gal glycolipidsURI GALILI GALILI; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will study this treatment in a unique mouse model that simulates the pertinent human immunological parameters. Success in the studies in the mouse model will enable us to apply this treatment to cancer patients. ..
- Bispecific Antibody Pretargeting for TherapyROBERT SHARKEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Anti-antibody responses will also be measured to the humanized bsMAb. This clinical trial will be conducted at the Fox Chase Cancer Center. ..
- Studies of CCR5 Conformational Heterogeneity & HIV EntryWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- INCREASE/gp120 IMMUNOGENICITY/LINKED ALPHA-GAL EPITOPESUri Galili; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will then also collaborate with a group studying immune responses in monkeys to determine the efficacy of this vaccine in a primate model. ..
- Role of Grb3-3 in T-cell Activation & HIV-1 ReplicationWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will advance our understanding of HIV-1/cellular protein interactions are involved in the pathogenesis of HIV-1-infection and AIDS. ..
- Improved Detection of Cancer Using Bi Specific AntibodyROBERT SHARKEY; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PREVENTING ANTI-GAL PRODUCTION AGAINST XENOGRAFTSUri Galili; Fiscal Year: 2003..Success in these studies will help in planning effective treatments for preventing anti-Gal response in primate xenografts recipients. | ..
- IVIS 200 Imaging SystemBrunhilde Felding Habermann; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- INTRACEULLULAR ANTI-TAT ANTIBODIES FOR AIDS GENE THERAPYWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our immediate goal is to use this knowledge to aid in small molecule inhibitor design, our long term goal is to use these intrabodies in a clinical gene therapy trial. ..
- Experimental Therapeutics for Brain CancerDANIEL VALLERA; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the second aim, we will use primates to determine the pharmacokinetics, distribution into non-target organs, and to study the dose limiting toxicities in a model that more closely approximates its use in humans. ..
- Improved Detection of Cancer Using Bi Specific AntibodyROBERT SHARKEY; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Anti-PSA single chain antibody-quantum dot conjugatesYunjun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed anti-PSA scFvB80-QD conjugate could have the potential for improving the PSA immunoassay. ..
- Retargeted Oncolytic Measles Viruses Displaying Single-Chain AntibodiesKah Whye Peng; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To determine the relationship between affinity of displayed scFv and virus entry or cell fusion of retargeted MVs. ..
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Alzheimer's Amyloid PlaqueJOSEPH PODUSLO; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 6th International Symposium on FAP Disorders and 5th...Joel Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Retargeted Human T-cells for RCC ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long term goal of these studies is to use these genetically retargeted human T-lymphocytes in human clinical trials as a novel and potent immunotherapy of RCC. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of botulinum neurotoxin immunotherapyJames Marks; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information will be invaluable for vaccine development as well as diagnostic testing and microbial forensics. ..
- RAIT of Pancreatic Cancer with Humanized PAM4ROBERT SHARKEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The trial will be conducted at the Garden State Cancer Center and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. CMMI will be responsible for monitoring the study's progress. ..
- Tumor specific cell sruface epitope- molecular evolutionBin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The resulting antibodies will have a very high likelihood of recognizing clinically relevant tumor antigens. ..
- Novel Biological Activities of Anti-Viral AntibodyDonald Forthal; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project may provide crucial insights for guiding the development of vaccines, immunoprophylaxis and immunotherapy. ..
- THERAPEUTIC BENEFIT OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE REMOVAL IN FALSJOSEPH PODUSLO; Fiscal Year: 2003..This grant proposal, therefore, will further test whether this hypothesis-driven therapy is beneficial in the treatment of FALS transgenic mice, which will have direct implications for the treatment of both familial and sporadic ALS. ..
- MONOCLONAL ITP AUTOANTIBODIES--PARADIGM FOR AUTOIMMUNITYDonald Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, the proposed approach may be applied to the understanding of other autoimmune disorders. ..
- Highly bright and narrow emitting nanocrystal fluoreagents for multiplexed detectYunjun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In vivo panning for schistosome protective epitopesCharles Shoemaker; Fiscal Year: 2005....