Genomes and Genes
hepatitis c antibodies
Summary: Antibodies to the HEPATITIS C ANTIGENS including antibodies to envelope, core, and non-structural proteins.
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Neutralizing antibody-resistant hepatitis C virus cell-to-cell transmissionClaire L Brimacombe
Hepatitis C Research Group, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Vincent Drive, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Virol 85:596-605. 2011..These observations highlight the importance of targeting host cell receptors, in particular SR-BI, to control viral infection and spread in the liver...
- Hepatitis C virus continuously escapes from neutralizing antibody and T-cell responses during chronic infection in vivoThomas von Hahn
Center for the Study of Hepatitis C, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Gastroenterology 132:667-78. 2007....
- Viral entry and escape from antibody-mediated neutralization influence hepatitis C virus reinfection in liver transplantationSamira Fafi-Kremer
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 748, Strasbourg, France
J Exp Med 207:2019-31. 2010..These findings provide significant insights into the molecular mechanisms of viral evasion during HCV reinfection and suggest that viral entry is a viable target for prevention of HCV reinfection of the liver graft...
- Identification and characterization of broadly neutralizing human monoclonal antibodies directed against the E2 envelope glycoprotein of hepatitis C virusTeresa J Broering
MassBiologics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Virol 83:12473-82. 2009....
- Anti-C1q antibodies in hepatitis C virus infectionD Saadoun
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75651 Cedex 13 Paris, France
Clin Exp Immunol 145:308-12. 2006..Anti-C1q antibodies were associated with low C4 levels. No association was found between anti-C1q antibodies and HCV-MC vasculitis, nor between anti-C1q antibodies and cryoglobulinaemia...
- Hepatitis C virus glycoproteins mediate pH-dependent cell entry of pseudotyped retroviral particlesMayla Hsu
Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center and Center for the Study of Hepatitis C, Laboratory of Virology and Infectious Disease, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7271-6. 2003..However, HIV-HCV pseudotype infectivity was inhibited by a recombinant soluble form of CD81 and a mAb specific for CD81, suggesting that CD81 may be a component of a receptor complex...
- Epidemiology of hepatitis C virus in KoreaHai Rim Shin
Division of Cancer Control and Epidemiology, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang, Gyeonggi do 411 769, Korea
Intervirology 49:18-22. 2006..Moreover, most people infected with HCV in Korea are older than 40 years, and therefore, the surveillance of adults (> or =40 years) for HCV infection will be helpful in early detection of HCC developing in them...
- Acute hepatitis C: high rate of both spontaneous and treatment-induced viral clearanceJ Tilman Gerlach
Medical Department II, Klinikum Grosshadern and Institute for Immunology, Schwabing, Munich, Germany
Gastroenterology 125:80-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to define the natural course of the disease and to contribute to the development of treatment strategies for acute hepatitis C virus...
- Spontaneous clearance of chronic hepatitis C virus infection is associated with appearance of neutralizing antibodies and reversal of T-cell exhaustionSukanya Raghuraman
Immunology Section, Liver Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Infect Dis 205:763-71. 2012..Spontaneous recovery from chronic infection is rare and has never to our knowledge been studied immunologically...
- In vitro assay for neutralizing antibody to hepatitis C virus: evidence for broadly conserved neutralization epitopesBirke Bartosch
Laboratoire de Vectorologie Rétrovirale et Thérapie Génique, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U412, IFR 128, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14199-204. 2003..The ability to assay neutralizing anti-HCV should permit an assessment of the prospects for successful Ab-mediated passive and active immunoprophylaxis against hepatitis C...
- Identification of a broadly cross-reacting and neutralizing human monoclonal antibody directed against the hepatitis C virus E2 proteinMario Perotti
Laboratorio di Microbiologia e Virologia, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, DIBIT2, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italia
J Virol 82:1047-52. 2008..Fab e137 was also able to inhibit cell culture-grown HCV (genotype 2a). These data indicate that broadly cross-reacting and cross-neutralizing antibodies are generated during HCV infection...
- Hepatitis B and C virus infection in Nigerian patients with HIV/AIDSO A Lesi
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, PMB 12003, Idi Araba, Lagos
Niger Postgrad Med J 14:129-33. 2007..This study was designed to assess the prevalence of HBV and HCV infection in HIV patients and evaluate the risk of infection compared with HIV negative control subjects...
- Simultaneous determination of HIV antibodies, hepatitis C antibodies, and hepatitis B antigens in dried blood spots--a feasibility study using a multi-analyte immunoassayZoltan Lukacs
Department of Pediatrics, Metabolic Laboratory, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:141-5. 2005..We demonstrated the feasibility of the simultaneous detection of infectious diseases from dried blood. Our novel method also provides a convenient tool for monitoring children from HIV-positive mothers and for possible screening efforts...
- Evaluation of three rapid screening assays for detection of antibodies to hepatitis C virusBryce D Smith
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 204:825-31. 2011..Although therapies are available that can suppress or eliminate infection, identifying persons infected with HCV is challenging. Rapid tests could help identify many of these persons more expeditiously...
- Noninvasive assessment of hepatic fibrosis in Egyptian patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionShawky Abdelhamid Fouad
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo 11562, Egypt
World J Gastroenterol 18:2988-94. 2012..To evaluate the accuracy of specific biochemical markers for the assessment of hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- Incidence and risk factors for community-acquired hepatitis C infection from birth to 5 years of age in rural Egyptian childrenDoa a A Saleh
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:357-63. 2010..The virus cleared in six (40%) children by the end of follow-up. Health education targeting iatrogenic exposures and focusing on risk factors could reduce HCV infection in children in high-risk populations...
- Both innate and adaptive immunity mediate protective immunity against hepatitis C virus infection in chimpanzeesHeidi Barth
Liver Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hepatology 54:1135-48. 2011..Furthermore, our results suggest that serum neutralizing antibodies may contribute to early control of viral replication and spread after homologous HCV rechallenges but may not be sufficient for a long-term protective immunity...
- Is it possible to diagnose acute hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection by a rising anti-HCV titre rather than by seroconversion?S N Lu
Division of Hepato Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Niaosung, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Viral Hepat 11:563-70. 2004..The rise in S/CO ratios using a third generation anti-HCV assay and the RIBA pattern might be used as a supplemental diagnostic criterion for acute HCV infection...
- Monoclonal antibody AP33 defines a broadly neutralizing epitope on the hepatitis C virus E2 envelope glycoproteinAnia Owsianka
MRC Virology Unit, Institute of Virology, University of Glasgow, UK
J Virol 79:11095-104. 2005..Thus, identification of a broadly neutralizing antibody that recognizes a linear epitope is likely to be of significant benefit to future vaccine and therapeutic antibody development...
- The neutralizing activity of anti-hepatitis C virus antibodies is modulated by specific glycans on the E2 envelope proteinFrançois Helle
Institut de Biologie de Lille UMR8161, CNRS, Université Lille I and II and Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
J Virol 81:8101-11. 2007..In conclusion, this work indicates that HCV glycans contribute to the evasion of HCV from the humoral immune response...
- Temporal trends in hepatitis B and C infection in family blood donors from interior Sindh, PakistanSyed Abdul Mujeeb
Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Infect Dis 8:43. 2008..Pakistan has no active surveillance program to monitor trends of these infections. The objective of this study was to verify this trend in blood donors from the rural Sindh area of the country...
- Natural history of chronic hepatitis B REVEALedChien Jen Chen
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taichung, Taiwan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:628-38. 2011..Serum HBV DNA level at study entry is a major predictor of spontaneous seroclearance of HBeAg, HBV DNA and HBsAg. These findings may inform the effective and efficient management of chronic hepatitis B...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B and C viruses among HIV-infected pregnant women in Uganda and RwandaMaria F Pirillo
Department of Drug Research and Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Med Virol 79:1797-801. 2007....
- Characterization of low- and very-low-density hepatitis C virus RNA-containing particlesP Andre
INSERM U503, CERVI, Lyon, France
J Virol 76:6919-28. 2002..These results suggest that the infectivity of LVP is mediated by endogenous proteins rather than by viral components providing a mechanism of escape from the humoral immune response...
- Increased rate of death related to presence of viremia among hepatitis C virus antibody-positive subjects in a community-based cohort studyHirofumi Uto
Department of Digestive and Life style Related Disease, Health Research Human and Environmental Sciences, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Hepatology 50:393-9. 2009..Among HCV carriers, a higher level of HCVcAg (>or=100 pg/mL) and persistently elevated alanine aminotransferase levels were important predictors of liver-related mortality...
- Prevalence of occult hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus infections in Turkish hemodialysis patientsFahri Yakaryilmaz
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Kirikkale University, Kirikkale, Turkey
Ren Fail 28:729-35. 2006..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of occult HBV and HCV infections in maintenance hemodialysis patients...
- High density lipoprotein inhibits hepatitis C virus-neutralizing antibodies by stimulating cell entry via activation of the scavenger receptor BIMarlene Dreux
INSERM, U758, 69007 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 281:18285-95. 2006..Consistently, we show that antibodies targeted to HCV-E1 efficiently neutralize HCVpp and HCVcc in the presence of human serum...
- Association of diabetes mellitus and chronic hepatitis C virus infectionA L Mason
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Alton Ochsner Medical Institutions, New Orleans, LA, USA
Hepatology 29:328-33. 1999..Furthermore, it is possible that HCV infection may serve as an additional risk factor for the development of diabetes, beyond that attributable to chronic liver disease alone...
- In vivo evaluation of the cross-genotype neutralizing activity of polyclonal antibodies against hepatitis C virusPhilip Meuleman
Center for Vaccinology, Ghent University and Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Hepatology 53:755-62. 2011..Animals in which the antibody pretreatment failed displayed a clear delay in the kinetics of viral infection. Sequence analysis of the recovered viruses did not suggest antibody-induced viral escape...
- HBV and HCV prevalence and viraemia in HIV-positive and HIV-negative pregnant women in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire: the ANRS 1236 studyFrancois Rouet
CeDReS, Programme PAC CI, CHU de Treichville, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
J Med Virol 74:34-40. 2004..We propose an accurate and cost-efficient algorithm for HCV diagnosis in Africa...
- Worldwide variation in the relative importance of hepatitis B and hepatitis C viruses in hepatocellular carcinoma: a systematic reviewS A Raza
Department of Surgery, The Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, PO Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Br J Cancer 96:1127-34. 2007..A predominance of HBsAg was found in HCCs from most Asian, African and Latin American countries, but anti-HCV predominated in Japan, Pakistan, Mongolia and Egypt. Anti-HCV was found more often than HBsAg in Europe and the United States...
- Hepatitis C and progression of HIV diseaseMark S Sulkowski
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St, Room 448, Baltimore, MD 21287 0003, USA
JAMA 288:199-206. 2002..Conflicting reports exist regarding the effect of hepatitis C virus (HCV) on the progression of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease...
- Analysis of successful immune responses in persons infected with hepatitis C virusF Lechner
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 191:1499-512. 2000..These studies demonstrate a strong and persistent CTL response in resolving acute HCV infection, and provide rationale to explore immune augmentation as a therapeutic intervention in chronic HCV infection...
- Peginterferon Alfa-2a plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C virus infection in HIV-infected patientsFrancesca J Torriani
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Diego, Antiviral Research Center, CA 92103, USA
N Engl J Med 351:438-50. 2004....
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and C serological markers among first-time blood donors in Brazil: a multi-center serosurveyMaria Claudia Nascimento
Laboratório de Virologia do Instituto de Medicina Tropical, Departamento de Moléstias Infecciosas e Parasitárias da Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Med Virol 80:53-7. 2008..95; 95% CI: 1.2-3.1), but not women. The seroprevalence of HBV and HCV was low among Brazilian blood donors, and exposure increased with age in both genders...
- Occult hepatitis C virus infection in patients in whom the etiology of persistently abnormal results of liver-function tests is unknownInmaculada Castillo
Fundacion para el Estudio de las Hepatitis Virales, Clinica Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
J Infect Dis 189:7-14. 2004..We analyzed the presence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in liver-biopsy specimens from 100 patients who were negative for anti-HCV antibodies and for serum HCV RNA and who had ALF-EU...
- Seroprevalence of the antibody to hepatitis C in select groups in the Punjab region of PakistanM Aslam
Punjab Hepatitis Research Center, Lahore, Pakistan
J Clin Gastroenterol 33:407-11. 2001..This may indicate the likelihood of a relationship between the high rate of hepatitis C and the administration of the smallpox vaccine in Pakistan...
- Distribution of hepatitis C virus genotypes among blood donors from mid-west region of BrazilRegina M B Martins
Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 48:53-5. 2006..8%), followed by 3a (21.1%). Subtype 2b was rare (2.4%, 4.5% and 5.3%, respectively). In Distrito Federal, subtype 3a (39%) was more frequent than 1a (31.7%) and the remaining (29.3%) belonged to subtype 1b...
- Hepatitis C virus evasion mechanisms from neutralizing antibodiesCaterina Di Lorenzo
MRC University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research, Glasgow, G11 5JR, UK
Viruses 3:2280-300. 2011..This review summarizes the current knowledge of the mechanisms used by HCV to evade host neutralizing antibodies...
- Performance of premarket rapid hepatitis C virus antibody assays in 4 national human immunodeficiency virus behavioral surveillance system sitesBryce D Smith
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:780-6. 2011..The highest assay-specific sensitivities achieved for the Chembio, MedMira and OraSure tests were 94.0%, 78.9%, and 97.4%, respectively; the highest specificities were 97.7%, 83.3%, and 100%, respectively...
- Characterization of antibodies induced by vaccination with hepatitis C virus envelope glycoproteinsRanjit Ray
Department of Internal Medicine and Vaccine and Treatment Evaluation Unit, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Infect Dis 202:862-6. 2010..Neutralizing serum samples had increased affinity levels and displayed >2-fold higher specific activity levels to well-characterized epitopes on E1/E2, especially to the hypervariable region 1 of E2...
- Low risk for hepatitis C seroconversion in methadone maintenance treatmentEinat Peles
Tel Aviv University Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Addict Med 5:214-20. 2011..To study the risk factors for seroconversion to hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection since admission to methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) and to characterize the seronegative admitted group...
- Field-based performance of three pre-market rapid hepatitis C virus antibody assays in STAHR (Study to Assess Hepatitis C Risk) among young adults who inject drugs in San Diego, CAA Jewett
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, Clinton, TN, USA
J Clin Virol 54:213-7. 2012..Persons who inject drugs (PWID) account for 55.8% of all persons with HCV antibody (anti-HCV) in the U.S. PWID have limited access to healthcare and are infrequently tested for anti-HCV using conventional laboratory assays...
- Acute hepatitis C in Korea: different modes of infection, high rate of spontaneous recovery, and low rate of seroconversionJong Yeop Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Bundang, Korea
J Med Virol 83:1195-202. 2011..The characteristics of acute hepatitis C in Asian countries warrants further study...
- Incidence of hepatitis C virus infection among injection drug users during an outbreak of HIV infectionD M Patrick
University of British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 165:889-95. 2001..The objectives of this study were to measure the prevalence and incidence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in this context and to examine factors associated with HCV seroconversion among IDUs...
- Complement-mediated enhancement of antibody function for neutralization of pseudotype virus containing hepatitis C virus E2 chimeric glycoproteinKeith Meyer
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, 3635 Vista Ave, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Virol 76:2150-8. 2002....
- Determination of the human antibody response to the epitope defined by the hepatitis C virus-neutralizing monoclonal antibody AP33Alexander W Tarr
The Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation and Division of Microbiology, The University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
J Gen Virol 88:2991-3001. 2007..Importantly, individuals harbouring AP33-like antibodies are an important potential source of human mAbs for future therapeutic development...
- Hepatitis C patient-derived glycoproteins exhibit marked differences in susceptibility to serum neutralizing antibodies: genetic subtype defines antigenic but not neutralization serotypeAlexander W Tarr
School of Molecular Medical Sciences, The University of Nottingham, A Floor West Block, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
J Virol 85:4246-57. 2011....
- Clinical utility and characteristics of nine anti-HCV antibody screening reagents used in JapanMifumi Kita
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Otemae Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Clin Lab 55:9-22. 2009..Each anti-HCV antibody screening reagent in use has unique features, and it is suggested that caution be used when diagnosing HCV infection on the basis of the results of a single antibody test...
- Acceleration of hepatitis C virus envelope evolution in humans is consistent with progressive humoral immune selection during the transition from acute to chronic infectionLin Liu
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, 855 N Wolfe St, Suite 530, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Virol 84:5067-77. 2010..These data provide the first systematic estimates of HCV evolutionary rates in multiple genes during early infection in vivo and provide additional evidence for deterministic, rather than random, evolution of HCV...
- Multicenter evaluation of a fully automated third-generation anti-HCV antibody screening test with excellent sensitivity and specificityF Alborino
Ospedale di Dolo, Servizio di Medicina di Laboratorio, Dolo, Italy
Med Microbiol Immunol 200:77-83. 2011..5% (39/40). Overall, the performance of the Elecsys Anti-HCV assay was similar to the performances of the comparator CE-marked Anti-HCV antibody assays...
- Risk factors of hepatitis C infection among Egyptian blood donorsHala Ibrahim Awadalla
Institute of Environmental Studies and Research, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Cent Eur J Public Health 19:217-21. 2011..Surveillance of infectious disease markers in the blood donor population is important in recognizing trends in prevalence and incidence of transfusion related infections in asymptomatic volunteer blood donors...
- Hepatitis C virus reinfection in injection drug usersJason Grebely
Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hepatology 44:1139-45. 2006..23; 95% CI, 0.10-0.51, P < .001). In conclusion, individuals with clearance of HCV infection may have a lower risk of acquiring HCV than individuals who have never been infected, despite ongoing exposure to HCV...
- Decreased prevalence and incidence of HCV markers in haemodialysis units: a multicentric French surveyKarine Saune
INSERM U563, Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, Toulouse, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2309-16. 2011..We conducted a multicentric study to determine the prevalence and incidence of HCV infection in French haemodialysis units...
- Induction of neutralizing antibody responses to hepatitis C virus with synthetic peptide constructs incorporating both antibody and T-helper epitopesJoseph Torresi
Department of Medicine, Royal Melbourne Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 85:169-73. 2007..These results demonstrate the potential of synthetic peptide-based constructs in the delivery of potential neutralizing epitopes that are present within the viral envelope of HCV...
- Multispecific T cell response and negative HCV RNA tests during acute HCV infection are early prognostic factors of spontaneous clearanceE Spada
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, National Center of Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Gut 53:1673-81. 2004..The aim of this study was to identify early prognostic markers of disease resolution by performing a comprehensive analysis of viral and host factors during the natural course of acute HCV infection...
- Clinical performance evaluation of four automated chemiluminescence immunoassays for hepatitis C virus antibody detectionSinyoung Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Microbiol 46:3919-23. 2008..1%. The clinical sensitivity of all CLIAs was 100%. Each CLIA showed excellent reproducibility and clinical sensitivity. The Elecsys, Architect, Vitros, and Access CLIAs showed clinical specificities of 98.2, 98.8, 96.5, and 98.2%...
- Spontaneous control of primary hepatitis C virus infection and immunity against persistent reinfectionWilliam O Osburn
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Gastroenterology 138:315-24. 2010..We followed patients with ongoing hepatitis C virus (HCV) exposure following control of an initial HCV infection to determine whether primary control conferred protection against future persistent infections...
- Gender differences in hepatitis C antibody prevalence and risk behaviours amongst people who inject drugs in Australia 1998-2008Jenny Iversen
Viral Hepatitis Epidemiology and Prevention Program, National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Australia
Int J Drug Policy 21:471-6. 2010..This study aims to assess gender differences in hepatitis C antibody prevalence and associated risk behaviours amongst a large sample of PWID in Australia...
- Susceptibility to thyroid disorders in hepatitis CLuigi Muratori
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardioangiology, Hepatology, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:595-603. 2005..We wondered whether seropositivity for NOSA is associated with susceptibility to AITDs...
- Routine HCV PCR screening of blood donations to identify early HCV infection in blood donors lacking antibodies to HCVW E Hitzler
Transfusion Center, Johannes Gutenberg Clinic, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Transfusion 41:333-7. 2001..The often mild symptoms of acute hepatitis C also cause difficulties in the identification of early HCV infection. The feasibility and efficacy of routine screening of blood donations for HCV RNA were investigated...
- Serum antibodies against the hepatitis C virus E2 protein mediate antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC)Jacob Nattermann
Department of General Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Hepatol 42:499-504. 2005..Antibodies mediating ADCC are usually directed against viral envelope proteins. As cell surface expression of the HCV envelope E2 protein has been shown, the HCV E2 protein is an especially promising candidate target for ADCC...
- Chronic hepatitis C virus and celiac disease, is there an association?Lincoln Hernandez
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Harkness Pavilion 956, New York, NY 10032, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:256-61. 2008..CD prevalence is not increased in patients with HCV. Routine screening of CD in HCV patients is not warranted, however, the presence of CD should be considered in the setting of clinical deterioration during or after IFN-alpha therapy...
- Prevalence and correlates of hepatitis C virus infection among injecting drug users in TehranSaman Zamani
Department of Global Health and Socio Epidemiology, Kyoto University School of Public Health, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Drug Policy 18:359-63. 2007..While prevention interventions for drug using inmates are being expanded in Iran, it is important that high prevalence of HCV infection be taken into consideration in order to control further transmission of this infection...
- Neutralizing host responses in hepatitis C virus infection target viral entry at postbinding steps and membrane fusionAnita Haberstroh
Department of Medicine II, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Gastroenterology 135:1719-1728.e1. 2008..Retroviral HCV pseudotypes (HCVpp) and recombinant cell culture-derived HCV (HCVcc) have been successfully used to study viral entry and antibody-mediated neutralization...
- Immunogenic and functional organization of hepatitis C virus (HCV) glycoprotein E2 on infectious HCV virionsZhen Yong Keck
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Virol 81:1043-7. 2007..Collectively, these findings support an immunogenic model of HCV E2 having three immunogenic domains with distinct structures and functions and provide added support for the idea that CD81 is required for virus entry...
- Prevalence of antibodies to hepatitis C virus in apparently healthy Port Harcourt blood donors and association with blood groups and other risk indicatorsZaccheaus Awortu Jeremiah
Dept of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
Blood Transfus 6:150-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of HCV among apparently healthy blood donors in our area and also to assess some of the risk factors associated with the infection...
- Characterization of humoral and cell-mediated immune responses directed against hepatitis C virus F protein in subjects co-infected with hepatitis C virus and HIV-1Myriam Troesch
Unité d Immunopathologie Virale, Centre de Recherche, Hopital Sainte Justine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AIDS 19:775-84. 2005..This study was conducted to examine the prevalence and characteristics of host humoral and cell-mediated immune responses directed against F protein in patients co-infected with HCV and HIV-1...
- Automated RIBA hepatitis C virus (HCV) strip immunoblot assay for reproducible HCV diagnosisP Martin
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, 90024 1749, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:387-90. 1998..Our data indicate that this novel methodology may be very useful for supplemental anti-HCV testing of specimens repeatedly reactive by ELISA in routine clinical assessments and epidemiologic evaluations...
- Prospective follow-up of patients with acute hepatitis C virus infection in BrazilLia L Lewis-Ximenez
Viral Hepatitis Laboratory, Oswaldo Cruz Institute, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clin Infect Dis 50:1222-30. 2010..The natural outcome of infection with hepatitis C virus (HCV) varies substantially among individuals. However, little is known about host and viral factors associated with a self-limiting or chronic evolution of HCV infection...
- The outcome of acute hepatitis C predicted by the evolution of the viral quasispeciesP Farci
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, Via San Giorgio 12, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Science 288:339-44. 2000..These data indicate that the evolutionary dynamics of the HCV quasispecies during the acute phase of hepatitis C predict whether the infection will resolve or become chronic...
- Neutralizing antibodies to hepatitis C virus (HCV) in immune globulins derived from anti-HCV-positive plasmaMei Ying W Yu
Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 29 Lincoln Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:7705-10. 2004..Immune globulins made from anti-HCV-positive plasma and containing broadly reactive neutralizing antibodies may provide a method of preventing HCV infection...
- Hepatitis C virus envelope glycoprotein immunization of rodents elicits cross-reactive neutralizing antibodiesZania Stamataki
University of Birmingham, Division of Immunity and Infection, Birmingham, UK
Vaccine 25:7773-84. 2007..These data demonstrate that recombinant E2 and E1E2 can induce polyclonal antibody responses with cross-reactive neutralizing activity, supporting the future development of prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines...
- Cellular immune responses in seronegative sexual contacts of acute hepatitis C patientsSanaa M Kamal
Department of Infectious Diseases, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, 4 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Virol 78:12252-8. 2004..This finding has important implications for HCV vaccine and therapeutic development...
- Epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection in seven European Union countries: a critical analysis of the literature. HENCORE Group. (Hepatitis C European Network for Co-operative ResearchS Touzet
Département d information médicale, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:667-78. 2000..Multicentre studies conducted in larger samples are needed to obtain more accurate and reliable results, in particular. However, the epidemiological studies available allowed us to assess the magnitude of HCV infection in Europe...
- Payment for whole blood donations in Lithuania: the risk for infectious disease markersV Kalibatas
National Blood Center, Vilnius, Lithuania
Vox Sang 94:209-15. 2008....
- Hepatitis C prevalence and risk factors in hemodialysis patients in Central Brazil: a survey by polymerase chain reaction and serological methodsM A Carneiro
, , , , GO, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96:765-9. 2001..In addition to anti-HCV screening, HCV RNA detection is necessary for the diagnosis of HCV infection in hemodialysis patients...
- Association between hepatitis C virus and very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL)/LDL analyzed in iodixanol density gradientsSøren U Nielsen
Liver Research Group, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle, England
J Virol 80:2418-28. 2006..Immunoprecipitation analysis showed that ApoB remained associated with HCV after treatment of serum with deoxycholic acid or NP-40, whereas ApoE was removed from HCV with these detergents...
- Prevalence, risk factors and genotypes of hepatitis C virus infection among drug users, Central-Western BrazilCarmen L R Lopes
Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Goiania, GO, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 43:43-50. 2009..To estimate prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and identify risk factors associated and circulating HCV genotypes and subtypes...
- An evidence of high prevalence of Hepatitis C virus in Faisalabad, PakistanNasir Ahmad
Health Biotechnology Division, PO Box 577, Jhung Road, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Saudi Med J 28:390-5. 2007....
- [Prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection in Morocco and serological tests assessment of detection for the viremia prediction]A Benouda
Laboratoire de microbiologie virologie, hôpital universitaire Cheikh Zaid, avenue Allal El Fassi, Madinat Al Irfane Hay Riyad, Rabat 1100, Maroc
Pathol Biol (Paris) 57:368-72. 2009..This study aims at assessing the prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection (HCV) in Moroccan general population and the efficacy of different virological tests in detection of the viral RNA in order to promote its screening...
- Perinatal transmission of hepatitis C virus infectionGiuseppe Indolfi
Department of Paediatrics, University of Florence, Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Med Virol 81:836-43. 2009..Despite an increased understanding of the risk factors involved in perinatal transmission of HCV, to date little is known about the transmission mechanisms and timing...
- Laboratory assays for diagnosis and management of hepatitis C virus infectionSandra S Richter
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Health Care, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:4407-12. 2002
- In vivo and in vitro evidence that cross-reactive antibodies to C-terminus of hypervariable region 1 do not neutralize heterologous hepatitis C virusMariko Esumi
Department of Pathology, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Ooyaguchikami machi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Vaccine 20:3095-103. 2002..The data imply that the HVR1 component is insufficient to develop an effective HCV vaccine...
- Hepatitis C virus infection in the general population: a community-based study in West Bengal, IndiaAbhijit Chowdhury
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata, India
Hepatology 37:802-9. 2003....
- Exposure to low infective doses of HCV induces cellular immune responses without consistently detectable viremia or seroconversion in chimpanzeesMohamed Tarek Shata
New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Virology 314:601-16. 2003..However, increasing the infective doses of HCV to 100 RNA (+) virions overcame the low-inoculum-induced immune response and produced high-level viremia followed by seroconversion...
- Depletion of interfering antibodies in chronic hepatitis C patients and vaccinated chimpanzees reveals broad cross-genotype neutralizing activityPei Zhang
Division of Hematology and Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7537-41. 2009..Our studies contribute to understanding the mechanisms of antibody-mediated neutralization and interference and provide a practical approach to the development of more potent and broadly reactive hepatitis C immune globulins...
- Insights into the epidemiology, natural history and pathogenesis of hepatitis C virus infection from studies of infected donors and blood product recipientsM P Busch
Blood Centers of the Pacific, San Francisco, CA 94118, United States
Transfus Clin Biol 8:200-6. 2001..Thus, the findings from studies of HCV among donors and blood product recipients have yielded and should continue to provide important insights into HCV pathogenesis leading to novel diagnostic, therapeutic and vaccination strategies...
- Poor performance of hepatitis C antibody tests in hospital patients in UgandaE Seremba
Makerere University Medical School, Kampala, Uganda
J Med Virol 82:1371-8. 2010..The prevalence of hepatitis C antibodies in a Ugandan hospital population was determined using both methods to test their accuracy using nucleic ..
- Rapid induction of virus-neutralizing antibodies and viral clearance in a single-source outbreak of hepatitis CJan M Pestka
Department of Medicine II, University of Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6025-30. 2007..This finding may have important implications for understanding the pathogenesis of HCV infection and for the development of novel preventive and therapeutic antiviral strategies...
- Hepatitis C virus infection in cameroon: A cohort-effectEric Nerrienet
Centre Pasteur du Cameroun, Yaounde, Cameroun
J Med Virol 76:208-14. 2005..This clearly indicates a cohort effect for which the seroprevalence trends are clearly related with the year of birth, rather than the age. The highest prevalence was observed among people born around 1940...
- Prevalence, genotypes and risk factors associated with hepatitis C virus infection in hemodialysis patients in Campo Grande, MS, BrazilSolange Z Freitas
Departamento de Farmacia Bioquimica, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul, Campo Grande, MS, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 103:405-8. 2008..HCV RNA was detected in 12 samples: ten were of genotype 1, subtypes 1a (75%) and 1b (8.3%), and two were of genotype 3, subtype 3a (16.7%)...
- Hepatitis C viral clearance in an intravenous drug-using cohort in the Dublin areaS Keating
The Drug Treatment Centre Board, Trinity Court, Pearse Street, Dublin
Ir J Med Sci 174:37-41. 2005..The rate of spontaneous HCV viral clearance is reported as 20-25% but recent data indicate a higher frequency in some cohorts. The rate of spontaneous clearance in intravenous drug users has not been reported in an Irish setting...
- Patterns of hepatitis C prevalence and seroconversion in hemodialysis units from three continents: the DOPPSRachel B Fissell
Division of Nephrology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48105 2303, USA
Kidney Int 65:2335-42. 2004..Hepatitis C virus (HCV) remains a problem within hemodialysis units. This study measures HCV prevalence and seroconversion rates across seven countries and investigates associations with facility-level practice patterns...
- Prevalence of chronic viral hepatitis in people of south Asian ethnicity living in England: the prevalence cannot necessarily be predicted from the prevalence in the country of originG Uddin
Queen Marys University of London, Barts and the London School of Medicine, The Liver Unit, 4 Newark Street, London, UK
J Viral Hepat 17:327-35. 2010..As prevalence varies both by country and region of origin and over time, the prevalence in migrant communities living in western countries cannot be easily predicted from studies in the country of origin...
- Risk factors for perinatal transmission of hepatitis C virus (HCV) and the natural history of HCV infection acquired in infancyEric E Mast
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 192:1880-9. 2005..The goal of the present study was to assess risk factors for perinatal hepatitis C virus (HCV) transmission and the natural history of infection among HCV-infected infants...
- Sex- and age-specific carriers of hepatitis B and C viruses in Japan estimated by the prevalence in the 3,485,648 first-time blood donors during 1995-2000Junko Tanaka
Department of Epidemiology and Control of Infectious Diseases, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Intervirology 47:32-40. 2004..Carriers of hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) in Japan were estimated on a national basis...
- Comparison of the clinical characteristics among hepatocellular carcinoma of hepatitis B, hepatitis C and non-B non-C patientsKazufumi Dohmen
Clinical Research Center, National Nagasaki Medical Center, 2 1001 1 Kubara, Omura, Nagasaki 856 8562, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:2022-7. 2003..The present study was undertaken to compare the clinical characteristics, availability of initial treatment options and prognostic features of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in relation to hepatitis B or C viral infection...
- The role of triple infection with hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type-1 on CD4+ lymphocyte levels in the highly HIV infected population of North-Central NigeriaJ C Forbi
Virology Laboratory, Innovative Biotech Keffi No 1, Keffi, Nasarawa State, Nigeria
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 102:535-7. 2007..Coinfection with HBV or HCV is relatively common among HIV-infected patients in Nigeria and should be a big consideration in the initiation and choice of therapy...
- Human combinatorial libraries yield rare antibodies that broadly neutralize hepatitis C virusDaniel X Johansson
Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16269-74. 2007....
- Hepatitis C and hepatitis B virus infection in different hemodialysis units in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, BrazilSolange U Busek
DECBI, NUPEB, Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto, Ouro Preto, MG, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 97:775-8. 2002..The HCV genotype 1 was the most frequently observed, followed by the genotype 2, but no correlation was detected between genotype and clinical or epidemiological data...
- HEPATITIS C AND CRYOGLOBULINEMIAWarren Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 1999..Cryoprecipitates have been shown to contain RF, anti-hepatitis C antibodies and HCV RNA, however, the role of the virus in the cause of EMC is unclear...
- Risk of Blood Borne Transmission of CJDShimian Zou; Fiscal Year: 2008..Publishanddisseminateresultsof thestudy. ..
- SUPPORTING ALCOHOL REDUCTION IN HIV+ PATIENTS: A TRAINING FOR HIV CARE PROVIDERSShiela Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Activities of HCV Core ProteinRanjit Ray; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Chemical Genetics:Cellular Regulators of HCV (RMI)Raymond Chung; Fiscal Year: 2004..Second, discovery of hit compounds that positively or negatively regulate HCV replication will ultimately help lead to identification of novel cellular targets that can be exploited to further interrupt the viral lifecycle. ..
- Immunoglobulin Allotypes in Hepatitis C Virus InfectionJANARDAN PANDEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this investigation will advance our understanding of the role of host genetic factors in clearance and persistence of hepatitis C virus infection. ..
- Humoral immune response to acute hepatitis CDale Netski; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe there is a high likelihood this research will be successful, but submit the work initially as an R21 to prove the feasibility of the pseudotype system. ..
- QUALITATIVE NATURE OF ANTIBODIES TO HCV GLYCOPROTEIN SUBUNIT VACCINE IN HUMANSRanjit Ray; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our proposed complimentary experimental approaches in this vaccinated cohort will help in developing successful vaccine strategies for the intervention of the first crucial step of the HCV life cycle. ..
- NOVEL ANIMAL MODELS OF HCV-RELATED HEPATOCARCINOGENESISRaymond Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together, these models will help provide insights into the factors responsible for this devastating complication of chronic HCV infection. ..
- HCV ENVELOPE GLYCOPROTEINS AND VACCINE DEVELOPMENTRanjit Ray; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HIV-Hepatitis C Virus Interactions and PathogenesisRaymond T Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will shed considerable light on HIV-HCV pathogenic interactions and offer a means of productively disrupting these interactions. ..
- Feasibility for non-Invasive screening for HCV related fibrosisMostafa Mohamed; Fiscal Year: 2008..In phase two a screening program for chronic HCV patients will be established in community liver clinics to perform a cost effective screening program for liver fibrosis ..
- Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidative Nutrition in Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Impaired Glucose Metabolism in HIV-Infected Drug UsersAndrea Howard; Fiscal Year: 2007..She will also complete coursework in the conduct of diabetes-related clinical research, addiction medicine, and the responsible conduct of research. ..
- Cell mediated Immunity to HCV in HIV+ PersonsArthur Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..This plan will be implemented under the supervision of Dr. Bruce Walker, and will involve bench research, data analysis, and didactic learning. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modulation of HCV Gene ExpressionAndrea D Branch; Fiscal Year: 2010..New information about HCV's adaptive mechanisms and pathways of gene expression will emerge from these studies and will advance the development of new drugs and vaccines for HCV. ..
- Hepatitis B treatment and HIV Infection in resources limited settingsChloe L Thio; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal has a high likelihood for success given the investigative team's experience, the randomized clinical trial design, and the nesting in an existing study. ..
- HCV Alternate Reading Frame Protein in HIV/HCV Co-infectAndrea Branch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The yeast two-hybrid system will identify human proteins that bind ARFPs. These studies will identify new targets for therapeutics and vaccine development. ..
- Screening for STDs using home sampling in EstoniaAnneli Uuskula; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will allow us to identify STD infected individuals, and to develop selective screening criteria to be used in general population studies and screening programs in Estonia. ..
- EARLY NATURAL HISTORY OF HCV INFECTION AMONG IDUSRonald Hershow; Fiscal Year: 2006..During the course of the study, all patients will be referred to care at the University of Illinois Medical Center Digestive Disease and Liver Center. Biopsies conducted during normal care will also be used for analysis. ..
- Iron Status: A Pathway Analysis in Multiple EthnicitiesChristine McLaren; Fiscal Year: 2009..Potential study results could be used to identify individuals at risk for iron deficiency and to develop innovative prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- Pediatric Clinical Research Scholar Program - WashingtonNaomi Luban; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Innate and Adaptive Immunity In HCVDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the immunologic factors that determine resolution or persistence of the infection may help in the design of therapies and vaccines for the control of HCV infection. ..
- Cellular Immune Responses in Subjects Exposed to Hepatitis CSanaa Kamal; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to mimic this response to develop vaccine strategies or therapeutic protocols capable of preventing persistent hepatitis C infection. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of Trypanosoma cruzi in southern EcuadorMARIO GRIJALVA; Fiscal Year: 2008..cruzi transmission in the Andean region, which is paramount for the establishment of control programs aimed at stopping transmission of the parasite to human populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HCV-ALCOHOL INTERACTIONS-- PATHOGENESIS AND EPIDEMIOLOGYJack Stapleton; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies may lead to insights on the mechanism of liver injury and help define those patients who are most likely to have progressive liver injury. ..
- Hepatitis Virus, Alcohol Exposure and Oxidative StressManal Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Serum Se, GPx activity, lipid peroxides and oxidative DNA damage will be measured in relation to HCV and alcohol intake history. ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNE RESPONSE IN CHRONIC HEPATITIS CDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into basic immunologic principles associated with the host's immune response to this viral infection, as well as provide the basis for new interventional strategies. ..
- LIVER RESPONSE TO LPS--ROLE OF LBP AND CD14Grace Su; Fiscal Year: 2003..II. Determine the mechanism by which LBP and CD14 accelerate ingestion of Gram-negative bacteria. III. Determine the mechanisms by which LBP/CD14 mediated KC activation promote bacterial killing. ..
- RIBOZYMES AND RNA GENE THERAPIES FOR LIVER DISEASESAndrea Branch; Fiscal Year: 2003..Northern analysis of RNAs extracted from serum samples of patients will establish the size distribution of HCV RNAs containing the terminal sequence. These studies will lead to new treatments for liver diseases. ..
- Features of HCV and Schistosoma mansoni coinfectionSanaa Kamal; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that investigating this pattern of viral-parasitic interaction will projects will provide useful information for development of more effective diagnostic, prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- Neurocognitive Effects of HCV, HIV, and Drug UseScott Letendre; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings of this research will be used to evaluate the feasibility of an interventional study, and to assist in its design. ..
- OPINIONS OF BLOOD DONATION: A U.S. POPULATION SURVEYGeorge Schreiber; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings will be rapidly disseminated to the transfusion medical community and government agencies. ..
- Selegiline for Treatment of Cannabis DependenceBRENT MOORE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Study findings will also be important in exploring potential mechanism of action of selegiline and establishing a program of research to evaluate medications for cannabis-dependence. ..
- Nutritional/Inflammatory Evaluation of Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Addiction Medicine Physicians and Care for Hepatitis CALAIN LITWIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data from this study will have relevance to both drug abuse treatment policy and clinical practice. ..
- Adapting to HIV Disease--A Family InterventionMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the significance of families in the AIDS epidemic, it is important to study as well as support families and patients to optimize care of those affected by HIV disease. ..
- Antidepressants During Office-based BuprenorphineMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..The focus of this study, the evaluation of combinations of medications, to treat substance-related disorders, fits squarely within the emphasis of this RFA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTIDEPRESSANT TREATMENT TO REDUCE HIV RISK AMONG IDUSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention in EgyptMostafa Mohamed; Fiscal Year: 2004..Few, if any, physicians are familiar with the HAART regimen. There is an urgent need to implement evidence-based prevention and treatment programs in the country. ..
- A BRIEF ALCOHOL INTERVENTION FOR INCARCERATED WOMENMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2007..If effective, this brief alcohol intervention can be readily integrated into existing programs for incarcerated women who will soon be reintegrating into the community. ..
- INSOMNIA AND DRUG RELAPSE RISKMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research team is highly experienced in drug research, sleep disorders, and clinical trials in substance abusing populations. ..
- XI International Conference on Human Retrovirology: HTLVEdward Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- A Brief Marijuana Intervention for Adolescent WomenMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..If effective, this brief marijuana intervention can be readily integrated into existing women's primary care sites. ..
- A TRIAL TO REDUCE HEPATITIS C AMONG INJECTION DRUG USERSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Smoking Cessation Among Methadone Maintained PatientsMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..A3. To test the effects of the treatments on methadone treatment outcomes including methadone dose changes and continued use of illicit drugs, as measured by urine toxicologies. ..
- MAINTAINING HIV RISK REDUCTION AMONG NEEDLE EXCHANGERSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our results will have policy implications for needle exchange programs where many IDUs have initiated HIV risk reduction. ..
- Pathophysiology of HTLV-I and HTLV-II InfectionEdward Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2008..Blood will be collected from all subjects, and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and cerebrospinal fluid from subsets with disease, for studies of HTLV virology and immunology. ..
- Racial Disparities in Diabetes in the US and the UKArch Mainous; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Liver Disease and HIV-HBV Coinfection in the HAART eraChloe Thio; Fiscal Year: 2008..Given the experience of the investigative team and the well-characterized cohorts involved, the results from this proposal will yield insights into the management of HIV-HBV co-infected patients. ..
- Risks for HIV and STIs among Moscow Sex WorkersChris Beyrer; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..