hepatitis a antibodies
Summary: Antibodies to the HEPATITIS A ANTIGENS including antibodies to envelope, core, and non-structural proteins.
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- [Comparison of recent IgG anti-HAV prevalence between two hospitals in Seoul and Gyeonggi area]Tae Yeob Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Hanyang University, Guri, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 13:363-9. 2007..This study compared the prevalence of IgG anti-HAV in two university hospitals located in a large city and in a small city including a rural region according to age, gender, and the year of diagnosis...
- Hepatitis A virus seroprevalence by age and world region, 1990 and 2005Kathryn H Jacobsen
Department of Global and Community Health, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive MS 5B7, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Vaccine 28:6653-7. 2010..The estimation of the global burden of hepatitis A and policies for public health control are dependent on an understanding of the changing epidemiology of this viral infection...
- Kinetics of maternally acquired anti-hepatitis A antibodies: prediction of waning based on maternal or cord blood antibody levelsMartin W G Brinkhof
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Finkenhubelweg 11, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Vaccine 31:1490-5. 2013..Timing is critical for efficient hepatitis A vaccination in high endemic areas as high levels of maternal IgG antibodies against the hepatitis A virus (HAV) present in the first year of life may impede the vaccine response...
- [Epidemiology and clinical features of acute hepatitis A: from the domestic perspective]Young Kul Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Inchon, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 15:438-45. 2009..In this review article, we present the situation and epidemiology of hepatitis A in Korea, and recommend further investigation and policies for vaccination on a national level...
- A nationwide seroprevalence of total antibody to hepatitis A virus from 2005 to 2009: age and area-adjusted prevalence ratesDonghun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul Saeroun Internal Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 17:44-50. 2011..However, nationwide seroprevalence data have been limited. This study estimated the nationwide, age- and area-adjusted anti-HAV prevalence from 2005 to 2009...
- Seroepidemiology of hepatitis A in Korea: changes over the past 30 yearsHyunju Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 26:791-6. 2011..These data are important for creating new prevention measures, including vaccination policies, to prevent and control outbreaks of hepatitis A in Korea...
- [Clinical features of acute hepatitis A in recent two years]Eung Jun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 52:298-303. 2008..The purpose of this study was to characterize the clinical features of acute hepatitis A in Seoul and Gyeonggi province during the recent 2 years...
- Hepatitis A in Latin America: a changing epidemiologic patternR Tapia-Conyer
Prevención y Control de Enfermedades, Secretaria de Salud, Colonia Juárez, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Trop Med Hyg 61:825-9. 1999..This study suggests the need for appropriate vaccination programs to be implemented targeting children, adolescents, and adults, particularly in higher socioeconomic groups...
- Outbreak of hepatitis A in Korean military personnelChang Seop Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Republic of Korea
Jpn J Infect Dis 61:239-41. 2008..All of 178 military personnel who had no HAV IgG were vaccinated on July 26, 2007. The outbreak was resolved after the control measures were implemented...
- Hepatitis A seroprevalence and demographics in Turkish children in AnkaraRukiye U Sac
Department of Pediatrics, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Int 51:5-8. 2009..The objective of the present study was to determine the seroprevalence of hepatitis A and patient demographics in children between 1 and 15 years old who were admitted to a pediatric outpatient clinic in Ankara, Turkey...
- Screening for hepatitis A and B antibodies in patients with chronic liver diseaseDaryl T Y Lau
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Am J Med 118:28S-33S. 2005..If patients with CLD are not adequately protected after a standard course of hepatitis B vaccination, a repeat course of vaccination using the standard schedule or an accelerated schedule (days 0, 7, and 21) should be considered...
- Prevalence of hepatitis A virus infection among sewage workers in GeorgiaLinda Venczel
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Ind Med 43:172-8. 2003..Wastewater (WW) workers could have opportunity for direct contact with raw sewage, which might contain hepatitis A virus (HAV)...
- Hepatitis A seroprevalence and its relationship with environmental factors in children of different age groups in Kahramanmaras, Eastern Mediterranean region of TurkeyD Kaya
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Viral Hepat 14:830-4. 2007..As HAV seroprevalence in children older than 6 years of age is high, we recommend hepatitis A vaccination in this region after the first year of life...
- [An epidemiological analysis of hepatitis A virus serologic markers during the recent four years in Korea]Anna Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul Medical Science Institute, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 29:563-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyze the recent sero-epidemiological changes of hepatitis A markers in Korea...
- Incidence of HAV and HBV infections and vaccination rates in patients with autoimmune liver diseasesMarcus A Wörns
Department of Internal Medicine I, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 103:138-46. 2008..To evaluate the situation in patients with autoimmune liver diseases, we conducted a retrospective cohort study...
- Prevalence of hepatitis A antibodies in Eastern Bolivia: a population-based studyMasuet Aumatell C
Preventive Medicine Department, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute IDIBELL, International Health Centre and Travel Medicine Clinic, University Hospital of Bellvitge, Catalonia, Spain
J Med Virol 85:1692-7. 2013..1-100%), had water delivered at home from a tanker (99.4%), and spoke Quechua at home (99.5%). The descriptive and bivariate analysis suggested that no change in HAV epidemiology has occurred in Cochabamba...
- Atypical manifestations of hepatitis A infection: a prospective, multicenter study in KoreaYoun Mu Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam si, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
J Med Virol 82:1318-26. 2010..Substantial occurrence of delayed anti-HAV IgM seroconversion, prolonged cholestasis, and AKI was confirmed with various predictable factors, which could be helpful for accurate diagnosis and management of hepatitis A patients...
- Seroepidemiology of hepatitis A virus infection among schoolchildren in TaiwanChin Feng Tsai
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Med Virol 83:196-200. 2011..The seroprevalence of HAV data among the healthy pediatric population would be helpful to evaluate the need for mass vaccination policies...
- Clinical factors associated with hepatitis A virus seropositivity in HIV-infected adults living in a country with an epidemiologic shift for hepatitis A virus infectionJi Hyeon Baek
Department of Infectious Disease, Inha University Hospital, Incheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 27:969-71. 2012..The only factor independently associated with seropositive status was age under 40 yr old (OR 0.017, P < 0.001). Our findings suggest that HAV vaccination in HIV-infected adults should be targeted at persons under the age of 40 yr...
- Meeting vaccination quality measures for hepatitis A and B virus in patients with chronic hepatitis C infectionJennifer R Kramer
Houston VA Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
Hepatology 53:42-52. 2011..With a few exceptions, similar variables were related to meeting the HAV QM. The incidence of superinfection with acute HBV and HAV was low, but it was significantly lower in patients who received vaccination than in those who did not...
- Prevalence of anti-hepatits A antibodies in children of different socioeconomic conditions in Vila Velha, ESMaria P Zago-Gomes
Nucleo de Doencas Infecciosas, Centro Biomedico, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Av Marechal Campos 1468, 29040 091 Vitória, ES, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 38:285-9. 2005..A consideration must be given to the feasibility of vaccination programs for children and adolescents in our country...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis A antibodies in relation to social factors--a preliminary studyK S H de Silva
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Colombo
Ceylon Med J 50:54-8. 2005Hepatitis A is a benign illness in children with the rare possibility of fatal complications. Although an endemic disease, very few studies have been done in children regarding the seroprevalence of hepatitis A antibodies in Sri Lanka.
- Decline of maternal hepatitis a antibodies during the first 2 years of life in infants born in TurkeyAlabaz Derya
Infectious Disease Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Cukurova University Faculty of Medicine, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Am J Trop Med Hyg 73:457-9. 2005..But the interference by maternally derived hepatitis A antibodies (anti-HAV) with the immunogenicity of inactivated hepatitis A vaccine is still important in the ..
- Active immunisation during an outbreak of hepatitis A in a German day-care centreA M Hauri
Hesse State Health Office, Wolframstr 33, 35683 Dillenburg, Germany
Vaccine 24:5684-9. 2006..In households of non-immunised children none of the 59 household members fell ill. We conclude that, although most vaccinations were administered promptly, they may not have been timely enough to impact the course of the outbreak...
- Persistence of antibody to hepatitis A virus 10 years after vaccination among children and adultsLaura L Hammitt
Arctic Investigations Program, National Center for Preparedness, Detection and Control of Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Infect Dis 198:1776-82. 2008..Hepatitis A vaccination is effective in preventing disease. However, the duration of protection after vaccination is unknown...
- Hepatitis A shifting epidemiology in the Middle East and AfricaH Tufenkeji
Department of Paediatrics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Vaccine 18:S65-7. 2000..The existence of pockets of high endemicity for HAV infection with surrounding areas shifting towards intermediate endemicity may lead to outbreaks, and widespread vaccination should be considered...
- [The age-specific seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus antibody in Korea]Young Bong Song
Department of Internal Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 13:27-33. 2007..Recently, the prevalence of hepatitis A in young adults has been steadily increasing in Korea. This study is to investigate the age-specific seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus in Korea...
- Duration of viremia in human hepatitis A viral infection as determined by polymerase chain reactionH Yotsuyanagi
First Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Med Virol 40:35-8. 1993..Some patients also had HAV viremia after seroconversion to HAV antibody. These results show that viremia in HAV infection lasts longer than has been previously thought, and give a warning of possible secondary blood-borne infection...
- Hepatitis A virus infections in the United States: model-based estimates and implications for childhood immunizationGregory L Armstrong
Epidemiology Branch, Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 109:839-45. 2002..We present a model that reconciles the reported incidence of hepatitis A with the observed prevalence of antibody to HAV and provides an estimate of the true incidence of HAV infection...
- Hepatitis a in Korea: epidemiological shift and call for vaccine strategyDonghun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam si, Korea
Intervirology 51:70-4. 2008..The aim of the present study was to describe the recent clinical features of hepatitis A and the seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus (HAV), and to discuss HAV vaccine strategy in Korea...
- Laboratory characteristics of recent hepatitis A in Korea: ongoing epidemiological shiftHee Won Moon
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Konkuk University Medical Center, 4 12, Hwayang dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 729, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 16:1115-8. 2010..To evaluate seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus (HAV) antibody and investigate demographic, clinical, and laboratory features of recent cases in Korea...
- Community-based cross-sectional seroprevalence study of hepatitis A in BangladeshSamir K Saha
Bangladesh Institute of Child Health, Dhaka Shishu Hospital, Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh
World J Gastroenterol 15:4932-7. 2009..To elucidate the age-distribution of anti-hepatitis A virus (HAV) seroprevalence across different socioeconomic status (SES) categories in Bangladesh which, despite scarce data, is generally deemed to have high endemicity...
- Time course of hepatitis A viremia and viral load in the blood of human hepatitis A patientsAndrea Normann
Klinik für Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin, Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Med Virol 72:10-6. 2004..The longest duration of viremia was found in patients infected with HAV genotype IA...
- Anti-hepatitis A virus seroprevalence among patients with chronic viral liver disease in KoreaDo Young Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology, Liver Cirrhosis Clinical Research Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:923-6. 2007..We intended to evaluate the prevalence of IgG anti-HAV according to age in patients chronically infected with hepatitis B virus or hepatitis C virus in Korea...
- Seroepidemiology of hepatitis A in patients with chronic liver diseaseS Saab
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Viral Hepat 12:101-5. 2005..We demonstrated that age-stratified seroprevalence of HAV in patients with CLD of various aetiologies is significantly higher than that of the general population, and identified several independent predictors of HAV prior exposure...
- Incidence and seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus infections among young Korean soldiersCheol In Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, Armed Forces Capital Hospital, Seongnam, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:546-8. 2007..60-5.21%). Given the changing epidemiology of the disease and the associated increase in morbidity, it was suggested that routine HAV vaccination for Korean military personnel might be necessary...
- Epidemiological patterns of hepatitis A in different parts of the worldI D Gust
CSL Limited, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Vaccine 10:S56-8. 1992....
- Adult use of hepatitis A vaccine in developed countriesW Jilg
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Regensburg, Germany
Vaccine 11:S6-8. 1993..These individuals comprise the target group for active hepatitis A vaccination. Consequent use of these vaccines should not only prevent an often severe disease but also save significant costs...
- Hepatitis A shifting epidemiology in Latin AmericaJ Tanaka
Biological Division, SmithKline Beecham Biologicals, Av Insurgentes Sur 1605 Piso 20, Col San Jose Insurgentes, Delegacion Benito Juarez, Mexico City, Mexico
Vaccine 18:S57-60. 2000..The vaccination strategy for hepatitis A should thus be reviewed...
- Immunological efficacy of a three-dose schedule of hepatitis A vaccine in HIV-infected adults: HEPAVAC studyOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:272-5. 2008..The immunogenicity of vaccines, including vaccine against hepatitis A virus (HAV), is impaired in patients with HIV infection, requiring revised immunization regimens...
- Current seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus infection among kindergarten children and teachers in TaiwanD B Lin
School of Medical Technology, Chung Shan Medical and Dental College, Taichung, Taiwan
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 31:25-8. 2000..Crowdedness of living in urban areas might facilitate the person-to-person transmission of infectious agents...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus infection in persons with HIV infection in Taiwan: implications for hepatitis A vaccinationHsin Yun Sun
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Int J Infect Dis 13:e199-205. 2009..To retrospectively determine the prevalence of anti-hepatitis A virus (HAV) antibody in HIV-positive persons with different routes of HIV exposure and to describe its characteristics in order to guide vaccination policy...
- Prevalence of anti-hepatitis B and anti-hepatitis A antibodies among school aged children in Western Saudi ArabiaSoad M Jaber
Department of Pediatrics, King Abdul Aziz University Hospital, PO Box 80205, Jeddah 21589, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 27:1515-22. 2006..To determine the seroprevalence of antibodies to hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis A virus (HAV) among children in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and to evaluate the need of anti-HAV mass vaccination...
- Changes in the age-specific prevalence of hepatitis A virus antibodies: a 10-year cohort study in Jinju, South KoreaChan Hoo Park
Department of Pediatrics, Gyeongsang National University College of Medicine, Gyeongsang Institute of Health Sciences, Jinju, South Korea
Clin Infect Dis 42:1148-50. 2006..Our results suggest that the majority of adolescents and young adults are at risk of symptomatic hepatitis A virus infection and morbidity...
- Sero-epidemiology of hepatitis A virus infection among healthcare workers in Korean hospitalsS I Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
J Hosp Infect 72:251-7. 2009..001). In Korea, mass vaccination to HCWs aged < or =29 years or screening for seropositivity and vaccinating non-immune subjects aged 30-39 years should be considered, especially in physicians...
- Factors for predicting positive results for anti-HAV IgM retesting among initially seronegative patientsHyun Phil Shin
Department of Internal Medicine, East West Neo Medical Center, Kyung Hee University College of Medicine, Gangdong gu, Seoul 134 090, Korea
Dig Dis Sci 55:3537-40. 2010..However, a negative result for anti-HAV IgM can be obtained in the early phase of infection. Among clinically suspicious seronegative patients, diagnosis of hepatitis A is sometimes recorded on retesting...
- Sero-epidemiology of hepatitis A in black South African childrenS S Abdool Karim
Centre for Epidemiological Research in Southern Africa, South African Medical Research Council Natal, Durban
S Afr Med J 83:748-50. 1993..However, before HAV vaccination in infancy is advocated, vaccine immunogenicity in infancy and the possible detrimental effect of maternal antibodies on the immunogenicity of the vaccine need clarification...
- Epidemiology of hepatitis A in Mediterranean countriesG Papaevangelou
Athens School of Hygiene, Greece
Vaccine 10:S63-6. 1992..Selective immunization would further reduce the incidence of the disease. However, only inclusion of the vaccine in the routine programme of childhood immunization would guarantee the disappearance of hepatitis A...
- Detection of anti-HAV antibody with dot immunogold filtration assayZhong jun Shao
Department of Epidemiology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1508-11. 2003..To establish a rapid, sensitive and specific immunogold assay for detection of hepatitis A virus infection...
- [Hepatitis A]Fausto E L Pereira
Nucleo de Doencas Infecciosas, Departamento de Clínica Médica do Centro Biomédico, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Vitoria, ES, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 36:387-400. 2003..Treatment is supportive. Intramuscular anti-A gamma globulin is used for passive immune prophylaxis, and there is an efficient vaccine for active immune prophylaxis...
- Molecular characterisation of the hepatitis A virus circulating in the 2001-2005 outbreaks in ThailandK Barameechai
Department of Pediatrics, Chulalongkorn University, Rama IV Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 102:247-57. 2008....
- [Current status and vaccine indication for hepatitis A virus infection in Korea]Sook Hyang Jeong
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 51:331-7. 2008..More extensive evaluation on the nationwide epidemiology of HAV infection, cost-benefit analysis of HAV vaccination, and setting-up of guidelines for HAV vaccination are urgently warranted...
- Hepatitis A among schoolchildren in a US-Mexico border communityT Redlinger
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso 79968, USA
Am J Public Health 87:1715-7. 1997..A cross-sectional study investigated the association of hepatitis A seropositivity with environmental and personal risk factors among children in a United States-Mexico border community...
- A controlled trial of a formalin-inactivated hepatitis A vaccine in healthy childrenA Werzberger
Kiryas Joel Institute of Medicine, Monroe, N Y 10950
N Engl J Med 327:453-7. 1992..Although inactivated hepatitis A vaccine is known to be well tolerated and immunogenic in healthy children and adults, its efficacy has yet to be established...
- Hepatitis A shifting epidemiology in Poland and Eastern EuropeJ Cianciara
Institute of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, Medical Academy of Warsaw, Wolska 37 str, 01 201, Warsaw, Poland
Vaccine 18:S68-70. 2000..g. healthcare and childcare personnel and those living in 'closed communities') are needed to deal with HAV infections in Eastern Europe...
- [Hepatitis A seroprevalence in Navarra]R Soriano
Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Publica de Navarra, Pamplona
Rev Clin Esp 204:145-50. 2004..Determine the hepatitis A seroprevalence in Navarra. Because of the improvement in the hygienic-sanitary conditions, we hope to find a decline of the total prevalence...
- Hepatitis A, ItalyRaffaele D'Amelio
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1155-6. 2005
- [The prevalence of hepatitis A in the Guadalajara province. Is Spain a country with low endemia?]A González-Praetorius
Seccion de Microbiologia, Hospital General de Guadalajara, Madrid, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 19:428-31. 2001..This fact has consequences for tourists that visit these areas and for vaccination strategies. A prevalence study was proposed in order to get to know the situation of this infection in the Guadalajara province...
- [Prevalence of antibodies against hepatitis A virus in a population from northern Portugal]I Cunha
, , Braga
Acta Med Port 14:479-82. 2001..8% (36) (75-95%); VIII--88.7% (47) (80-93%). CONCLUSION: The comparison with previous data (Lecour et al.) shows improvement in sanitary conditions of population, with associated lower prevalence of anti hepatitis A virus antibody...
- A large percentage of the Spanish population under 30 years of age is not protected against hepatitis AR Dal-Re
Medical Department, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Madrid, Spain
J Med Virol 60:363-6. 2000..The large number of susceptible subjects in these groups of the population has public health implications in a country with intermediate HAV prevalence...
- Prevalence of antibodies against hepatitis A virus among new immigrants in IsraelY V Karetnyi
Central Virology Laboratory Public Health Services, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Med Virol 46:61-5. 1995..It is concluded that immigrants originating from the European part of the former USSR may require vaccination against hepatitis A...
- Should one vaccinate patients with chronic liver disease for hepatitis A virus in India?A C Anand
Army Hospital R and R and Armed Forces Transfusion Unit, New Delhi l 10 010
J Assoc Physicians India 52:785-7. 2004..However, little data are available on the prevalence of HAV antibody among patients with chronic liver disease in India...
- [Comparative antigenic activity of the hepatitis A inactivated vaccine among military personnel]V I Shumilov
Voen Med Zh 325:62-5. 2004
- Hepatitis A+B vaccine in elderly personsGerhard Wiedermann
J Travel Med 11:130-2. 2004
- Prevalence of hepatitis A antibodies in schoolchildren in Catalonia (Spain) after the introduction of universal hepatitis A immunizationAngela Dominguez
Directorate of Public Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
J Med Virol 73:172-6. 2004The objective of this study was to investigate the prevalence of hepatitis A antibodies (anti-HAV) in schoolchildren in Catalonia and to compare it with the rates found in previous studies...
- Accelerated vaccination schedules provide protection against hepatitis A and B in last-minute travelersHans D Nothdurft
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Travel Med 11:260-1. 2004
- Immunogenicity of booster vaccination with a virosomal hepatitis A vaccine after primary immunization with an aluminum-adsorbed hepatitis A vaccineBernard R Beck
Department of Medical and Diagnostic Services, Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
J Travel Med 11:201-6. 2004..The option of using a virosomal, aluminum-free, HAV vaccine (Epaxal) for booster immunization following primary vaccination with an aluminum-adsorbed vaccine has been assessed...
- Cell mediated and antibody immune response to inactivated hepatitis A vaccineP Schmidtke
Pediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Str 63, DMG, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 23:5127-32. 2005..The booster vaccination-induced immediate peak levels for the humoral (anti-HAV GMC=5376mIU/ml) as well as the cellular (median Deltacpm=14173cpm) response...
- [Comparison of two different vaccination schemes against Hepatitis A and B in Mexican children and adolescents]Ma Saraí González-Huezo
Departamento de Gastroenterologia, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, D F Mexico
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 68:271-6. 2003..Hepatitis A is an endemic disease in Mexico and hepatitis B, notwithstanding low prevalence, confers risk of progression to cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma, and high medical costs in consequence...
- [Safety and immunogenicity of Bilive combined hepatitis A and B vaccine]Yu liang Zhao
Hebei Provine Center for Disease Prevention and Control, Shijiazhuang 050021, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:470-3. 2004..To study the safety and immunogenicity of the Bilive combined hepatitis A and B vaccine produced by Sinovac Biotech Co., Ltd...
- [Epidemiology and prevention of hepatitis A]Shiro Iino
Nihon Rinsho 62:483-9. 2004
- Rapid antibody response after vaccination with a virosomal hepatitis a vaccineF Ambrosch
Dept of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Institute of Pathophysiology, University of Vienna, Impfzentrum Nord, Austria
Infection 32:149-52. 2004..This study was designed to assess the early antibody kinetics after a priming dose, and the extent of the antibody increase after a booster dose of an inactivated virosomal hepatitis A virus (HAV) vaccine (Epaxal)...
- [Immunogenecity of combined hepatitis A and B vaccine]Li Shi
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Biology, CAMS and PUMC, Kunming 650118, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 26:155-9. 2004..To observe the immunogenicity of combined hepatitis A and B vaccine (HAB)...
- [Comparison of immunogenicity and safety of Engerix B and Twinrix vaccine]Andrzej Gałaj
Zakładu Farmakologii i Terapii Akademii Medycznej w Bydgoszczy
Wiad Lek 57:217-20. 2004..The results achieved are a good recommendation for the vaccines studied, suggesting that vaccination with them are a safe and efficient form of prophylaxis against viral hepatitis...
- [Immunological safety and sensitizing effect of an MB-7-based vaccine against hepatitis A]M A Smerdova
Vopr Virusol 49:17-21. 2004..VP-MB-7 was found to provoke no allergic response and to have an activating effect on the specific and non-specific responses of cell and humoral immunity similar to those evoked by hepatitis A vaccine "Hep-A-in Vac"...
- Immunogenicity of inactivated hepatitis A vaccine in children with chronic liver diseaseEwa Majda-Stanislawska
Department and Clinic of Infectious Diseases and Hepatology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:571-4. 2004..A booster dose induced seroprotection in all children...
- [Seroepidemiologic study of hepatitis A in the community of Madrid during the year 2002]Sonia Junquera
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 22:448-51. 2004....
- Is vaccination against hepatitis A virus required in patients with cirrhosis of the liver?Ajay Duseja
Department of Hepatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Trop Gastroenterol 25:162-3. 2004..Most of the patients with cirrhosis of the liver in the population studied were already exposed to HAV. Routine vaccination against HAV cannot be recommended in these patients...
- Hepatitis A vaccinesK Nor Shahidah
National Institute for Natural Products, Vaccines and Biologicals, Ministry of Health Malaysia, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 60:112-5. 2005..Vaccination efforts should be supplemented by health education and improved sanitation. Planning for large scale immunization programmes against hepatitis A should take into consideration epidemiological and cost benefit studies...
- Declining hepatitis A seroprevalence in adults in Catalonia (Spain): a population-based studyAngela Dominguez
Directorate of Public Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Travessera de les Corts, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 7:73. 2007....
- Concomitant administration of a virosome-adjuvanted hepatitis a vaccine with routine childhood vaccines at age twelve to fifteen months: a randomized controlled trialRon Dagan
Soroka University Medical Center and the Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:787-93. 2007....
- [Immunogenicity of vaccines against viral hepatitis A and B in the population above 40 years of age -- impact of risk factors]R Chlibek
Katedra epidemiologie, Fakulta vojenského zdravotnictví UO, Hradec Kralove
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 56:119-28. 2007..The immune reaction following vaccination against viral hepatitis A (HAV) and viral hepatitis B (HBV) can be influenced by a variety of factors. Among the most important are age, gender and body weight...
- Hepatitis A incidence and hospital-based seroprevalence in Italy: a nation-wide studyFilippo Ansaldi
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, Via Pastore 1, Genoa, Italy
Eur J Epidemiol 23:45-53. 2008..In the period from 1998 to 2005, the incidence drastically decreased (average of 3.2/100,000 inhabitants), reaching a minimum of 2/100,000 inhabitants in 2005...
- Immunogenicity, safety, and interchangeability of two inactivated hepatitis A vaccines in Chilean childrenKatia Abarca
Centro Médico San Joaquín, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 391, Santiago, Chile
Int J Infect Dis 12:270-7. 2008..To compare the immunogenicity, safety, and interchangeability of two pediatric hepatitis A vaccines, Avaxim 80U-Pediatric and Havrix 720, in Chilean children...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis A among children of different socioeconomic status in CairoI I Salama
Department of Community Medicine Research, National Research Centre, Cairo, Egypt
East Mediterr Health J 13:1256-64. 2007..Water supply and sewage disposal were the most significant risk factors for HAV seropositivity in children of low SES. Children of high SES were more likely to be vulnerable to infection in adolescence than those of low SES...
- Seroprevalence and risk factors for hepatitis A, B, and C among Roma and non-Roma children in a deprived area of Athens, GreeceA Michos
1st Pediatric Department, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Med Virol 80:791-7. 2008..Whereas, uptake of HBV vaccination is rather optimal in this general population, the high seroprevalence of HAV among Romas, also calls for implementing general vaccination for HAV, early in life...
- Excellent response rate to a double dose of the combined hepatitis A and B vaccine in previous nonresponders to hepatitis B vaccineKristina Cardell
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
J Infect Dis 198:299-304. 2008..However, 5%-10% of individuals fail to develop protective levels (>or=10 mIU/mL) of antibodies to hepatitis B surface antigen (anti-HBs) and are considered to be nonresponders...
- Hepatitis A vaccination in chronic liver disease: is it really required in a tropical country like India?N Joshi
Department of Gastroenterology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad 500 082 Andhra Pradesh, India nay_joshi yahoo com
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:137-9. 2007..In view of high seroprevalence of HAV antibodies among cirrhotic patients in our study and the high cost of the vaccine, the hepatitis A vaccination may not be routinely required in this part of the world...
- Comparison of accelerated and rapid schedules for monovalent hepatitis B and combined hepatitis A/B vaccines in children with cancerYavuz Koksal
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hacettepe University, Institute of Oncology, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:587-94. 2007..The seroconversion of hepatitis A by the combined hepatitis A/B vaccination is very good in cancer patients...
- Convenience is the key to hepatitis A and B vaccination uptake among young adult injection drug usersJennifer V Campbell
HIV AIDS Epidemiology Program, Public Health Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way 3rd Floor, c o Hanne Thiede, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 91:S64-72. 2007..Vaccination programs convenient to IDUs have not been widely implemented or evaluated. We assessed whether convenience and monetary incentives influenced uptake of free vaccine by 18-30-year-old IDUs in five U.S. cities...
- Person-to-person transmission of hepatitis A virus in an urban area of intermediate endemicity: implications for vaccination strategiesJ C Victor
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:204-10. 2006..If vaccine is determined to be highly effective postexposure and if it is feasible, vaccinating household contacts could be a useful additional control strategy...
- [The immunological effectiveness and reactogenicity of the vaccine "HEP-A+B-in-VAC" against hepatitis A and B]K I Chuĭkova
Vopr Virusol 51:31-3. 2006..A comparative analysis demonstrated that the reactogenicity of the new vaccine was less and its immunogenicity was higher than those in monovaccines against hepatitis A and B when they were co-administered...
- Immunogenicity and safety of a virosomal hepatitis A vaccine (Epaxal) in the elderlyValérie D'Acremont
Medical Outpatient Clinic, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Travel Med 13:78-83. 2006..This study assessed the immunogenicity and safety of hepatitis A vaccine in elderly compared to young adults...
- Primary Hepatitis A vaccination failure is a rare although possible event: results of a retrospective studyPaolo Bonanni
Department of Public Health, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy
Vaccine 24:6053-7. 2006..Our study supports the indications for use of combined Hepatitis A+B immunization in travellers at risk for both infections, but stresses the need for information on correct hygienic behaviours while abroad...
- Immunity to hepatitis A and hepatitis B in Indian and Chinese immigrants seen in a travel clinic in Massachusetts, United StatesWinnie W Ooi
Tufts University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Travel Med 13:212-8. 2006..Younger individuals may elect to have a hepatitis A antibody titer checked before getting the vaccine...
- The first experimental study on a candidate combined vaccine against hepatitis A and hepatitis EChen Dong
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Southeast University, 87 Dingjiaqiao Road, Nanjing 210009, China
Vaccine 25:1662-8. 2007..Thus, the present study demonstrates an important first step for the further development of a combined hepatitis A and E vaccine...
- large-scale serologic testing program to assess the immunogenicity of inactivated hepatitis a vaccine (VAQTA) in prefilled syringes following product recall in GermanyGundula Jäger
Max von Pettenkofer Institut fur Hygiene und Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Munchen, Germany
Hum Vaccin 2:233-6. 2006..7% versus 99,7%; 50U: 98.6% versus 99.6%, respectively). There were less recipients of 25U doses of the affected lots, who had high hepatitis A antibody titers (> or =100 mIU/mL), compared to recipients of unaffected lots...
- Rapid and sustained immune response against hepatitis A and B achieved with combined vaccine using an accelerated administration scheduleBradley A Connor
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
J Travel Med 14:9-15. 2007..Combined hepatitis A and B vaccine administered on an accelerated schedule provides a rapid immune response against both hepatitis A and B viruses, which might be especially relevant for individuals who need protection quickly...
- [Prevalence of anti-HAV antibodies in Warsaw population]Wiesława Janaszek-Seydlitz
Zakład Badania Surowic i Szczepionek Państwowego Zakładu Higieny
Przegl Epidemiol 61:675-82. 2007..Prevalence high proportion of susceptibles in population suggests the need of verification of the present recommendations for hepatitis A vaccination...
- Epidemiologic shift in the prevalence of Hepatitis A virus in Saudi Arabia: a case for routine Hepatitis A vaccinationM A Almuneef
Department of Infection Prevention and Control, King Abdulaziz Medical City King Fahad National Guard Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Vaccine 24:5599-603. 2006..Since a substantial proportion of this pediatric population confirms a continuing decrease in anti-HAV seroconversion rates, we recommend including Hepatitis A in the schedule of routine childhood vaccinations...
- A two-dose combined vaccine against hepatitis A and hepatitis B in healthy children and adolescents compared to the corresponding monovalent vaccinesMargarita Ramonet
Unidad de Gastroenterología Pediátrica, Hospital Nacional Alejandro Posadas Haedo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arch Med Res 33:67-73. 2002....
- Membrane Hijacking: Biogenesis and Fate of Enveloped HepatovirusStanley M Lemon; Fiscal Year: 2013..This "membrane hijacking" by HAV has broad implications for other non-enveloped viruses, and for the mechanism by which hepatitis A vaccines protect against disease even when administered 2 weeks after infection. ..
- TWO-COLOR FLUORO-IMMUNOASSAY FOR TRANSMISSIBLE DISEASESRAO SRIVATSA; Fiscal Year: 2000..Blood banks, infectious disease clinical screening, and point of care diagnostic industries can all benefit from this technology. ..
- All-in-One Biochip for Infectious Diseases ScreeningWINSTON HO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNE RESPONSE IN CHRONIC HEPATITIS CDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into basic immunologic principles associated with the host's immune response to this viral infection, as well as provide the basis for new interventional strategies. ..
- Immunoepidemiology of Concomittant InfectionSharon Perry; Fiscal Year: 2008..S. foreign born and the developing world. ..
- Reconstitution of Protective CMV Immunity and Immune Regulation After HAARTAdriana Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..These analyses will define the role of TREG in the inadequate CMV immune reconstitution of HAART recipients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Innate and Adaptive Immunity In HCVDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the immunologic factors that determine resolution or persistence of the infection may help in the design of therapies and vaccines for the control of HCV infection. ..