Genomes and Genes
Summary: Immunoglobulins induced by antigens specific for tumors other than the normally occurring HISTOCOMPATIBILITY ANTIGENS.
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- Alemtuzumab vs. interferon beta-1a in early multiple sclerosisAlasdair J Coles
N Engl J Med 359:1786-801. 2008..Alemtuzumab, a humanized monoclonal antibody that targets CD52 on lymphocytes and monocytes, may be an effective treatment for early multiple sclerosis...
- Update on monoclonal antibody therapy in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaClive S Zent
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 2:107-13. 2004..This review provides historical context and detailed analysis of current developments, as well as an outline for future prospects and expectations in this exciting new arena of therapeutics...
- Antitumor activity in melanoma and anti-self responses in a phase I trial with the anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 monoclonal antibody CP-675,206Antoni Ribas
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8968-77. 2005..A phase I trial was conducted to test the safety of CP-675,206...
- Randomized trial of Alemtuzumab for prevention of graft rejection and preservation of renal function after kidney transplantationAnantharaman Vathsala
Department of Renal Medicine, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Transplantation 80:765-74. 2005..A randomized, multicenter, controlled trial was undertaken to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Alemtuzumab, a powerful lytic agent for both T and B lymphocytes, in the prophylaxis of rejection in renal transplantation (RTx)...
- Alemtuzumab induction and sirolimus plus mycophenolate mofetil maintenance for CNI and steroid-free kidney transplant immunosuppressionS M Flechner
Transplant Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Transplant 5:3009-14. 2005..The reported higher than expected rate of acute rejection, leukopenia and possible pulmonary toxicity suggests excessive morbidity. Modifications such as an initial period of CNI use should be considered...
- High incidence of cytomegalovirus infection after nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation: potential role of Campath-1H in delaying immune reconstitutionSuparno Chakrabarti
Department of Haematology, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Blood 99:4357-63. 2002..The use of Campath-1H appeared to be associated with a low incidence of GVHD but a high incidence of CMV infections and prolonged immune paresis...
- Radioimmunoguided surgery (RIGS), PET/CT image-guided surgery, and fluorescence image-guided surgery: past, present, and futureDuxin Sun
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:297-308. 2007..PET/CT image-guided surgery only detects later stage disease. Fluorescence image-guided surgery using anti-TAG-72 antibodies may provide opportunities for intraoperative cancer detection of both gross and occult tumors...
- Anti-p53 antibodies in sera from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease can predate a diagnosis of cancerG E Trivers
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 2:1767-75. 1996..These results indicate that p53-Abs may facilitate the early diagnosis of cancer in a subset of smokers with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease who are at an increased cancer risk...
- Plant-produced idiotype vaccines for the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: safety and immunogenicity in a phase I clinical studyA A McCormick
Large Scale Biology Corporation, 3333 Vaca Valley Parkway, Vacaville, CA 95688, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:10131-6. 2008..Collectively, these findings support the conclusion that plant-produced idiotype vaccines are feasible to produce, safe to administer, and a viable option for idiotype-specific immune therapy in follicular lymphoma patients...
- Generating improved single-chain Fv molecules for tumor targetingG P Adams
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Immunol Methods 231:249-60. 1999..In this review, we describe a number of these methods and discuss some of the characteristics that may belong to an optimal antibody-based targeting vehicle...
- Improving the efficacy of antibody-based cancer therapiesP Carter
Immunex, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 1:118-29. 2001..Although antibodies have yet to achieve the ultimate goal of curing cancer, many innovative approaches stand poised to improve the efficacy of antibody-based therapies...
- Hu and voltage-gated calcium channel (VGCC) antibodies related to the prognosis of small-cell lung cancerS E Monstad
Department of Neurology, 200301028, Haukeland University Hospital, Jonas Liesvei 65, Bergen 5021, Norway
J Clin Oncol 22:795-800. 2004..These antibodies may reduce tumor growth in patients with the neurologic disease, but it is not clear whether they provide prognostic information in those without neurologic symptoms...
- Infectious complications associated with alemtuzumab use for lymphoproliferative disordersStanley I Martin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:16-24. 2006..Alemtuzumab is an emerging therapy for refractory lymphoproliferative disorders. The associated long-term risks of infection remain poorly defined...
- Human neoplasms elicit multiple specific immune responses in the autologous hostU Sahin
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Innere Medizin I, University of Saarland Medical School, Homburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:11810-3. 1995....
- Cancer regression and autoimmunity induced by cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 blockade in patients with metastatic melanomaGiao Q Phan
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8372-7. 2003..This study establishes CTLA-4 as an important molecule regulating tolerance to "self" antigens in humans and suggests a role for CTLA-4 blockade in breaking tolerance to human cancer antigens for cancer immunotherapy...
- High-titer HER-2/neu protein-specific antibody can be detected in patients with early-stage breast cancerM L Disis
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6527, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:3363-7. 1997....
- A human protein atlas for normal and cancer tissues based on antibody proteomicsMathias Uhlen
Department of Biotechnology, AlbaNova University Center, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1920-32. 2005..Our results suggest it should be possible to extend this analysis to the majority of all human proteins thus providing a valuable tool for medical and biological research...
- Enhancement of antibody detection in cancer using panel of recombinant tumor-associated antigensJian Ying Zhang
W M Keck Autoimmune Disease Center, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:136-43. 2003....
- Antibody microarray profiling of human prostate cancer sera: antibody screening and identification of potential biomarkersJeremy C Miller
The Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Proteomics 3:56-63. 2003..These developments enable the immediate use of high-density antibody and protein microarrays in biomarker discovery studies...
- Alemtuzumab induces enhanced apoptosis in vitro in B-cells from patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia by antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicityHolger Nuckel
Department of Hematology, Medical School, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 514:217-24. 2005..Alemtuzumab significantly enhances apoptosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells in vitro, especially in combination with a cross-linking anti-Fc-antibody, this effect being mediated by a caspase-dependent pathway...
- The window of therapeutic opportunity in multiple sclerosis: evidence from monoclonal antibody therapyAlasdair J Coles
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Box 165, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
J Neurol 253:98-108. 2006..These concepts are currently being tested in a controlled trial comparing Campath-1H and IFN-beta in the treatment of drug-naïve patients with early, active RR MS...
- Peripheral blood but not tissue dendritic cells express CD52 and are depleted by treatment with alemtuzumabAndrea G S Buggins
Department of Haematological Medicine, Guy s, King s and Thomas School of Medicine, Denmark Hill, London, England
Blood 100:1715-20. 2002....
- CMV infection following nonmyeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantation using CampathRowena D Bainton
Blood 100:3843-4. 2002
- Alemtuzumab induction and prednisone-free maintenance immunotherapy in kidney transplantation: comparison with basiliximab induction--long-term resultsDixon B Kaufman
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Transplant 5:2539-48. 2005..Alemtuzumab induction therapy was similar in efficacy to basiliximab in a prednisone-free maintenance immunosuppressive protocol for an ethnically diverse population of kidney transplant recipients...
- CD4+ CD25+ FOXP3+ regulatory T cells increase de novo in kidney transplant patients after immunodepletion with Campath-1HD D Bloom
University of Wisconsin Madison, Department of Surgery, Division of Solid Organ Transplantation, Madison, WI, USA
Am J Transplant 8:793-802. 2008..Together, these data suggest that Campath-1H promotes an increase in peripheral Tregs and may act as an intrinsic generator of Tregs in vivo...
- Numerical selection of optimal tumor imaging agents with application to engineered antibodiesL E Williams
Division of Radiology, City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 16:25-35. 2001..The diabody had the largest impulse response function, but renal uptake may limit its present usefulness...
- CrELISA: a fast and robust enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay bypassing the need for purification of recombinant proteinOzlem Tureci
III Department of Internal Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Immunol Methods 289:191-9. 2004..CrELISA is robust and provides a versatile high throughput procedure for the rapid evaluation of multiple antigens in large-scale serology...
- Serological immunoreactivity against colon cancer proteome varies upon disease progressionLucia De Monte
Proteome Biochemistry, Tumor Immunology, Mass Spectrometry, Pathology, Surgery, Experimental Immunology, Cancer Immunotherapy and Gene Therapy Program, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Proteome Res 7:504-14. 2008..The expression of these proteins was either confined or increased in tumor as compared to normal mucosa...
- Serological analysis of human anti-human antibody responses in colon cancer patients treated with repeated doses of humanized monoclonal antibody A33G Ritter
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Branch at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Res 61:6851-9. 2001..By using this new method, we were able to distinguish these two types of HAHAs in patients while on antibody treatment, allowing patients to be removed from study prior to the onset of severe infusion-related adverse events...
- Apoptosis and complement-mediated lysis of myeloma cells by polyclonal rabbit antithymocyte globulinMartin S Zand
Division of Nephrology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 675, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood 107:2895-903. 2006..We conclude that rATG is an effective agent for in vitro induction of apoptosis in multiple myeloma, and that exploratory clinical trials may be warranted...
- Empowering targeted therapy: lessons from rituximabAdam J Olszewski
Division of Hematology and Oncology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital and Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10019, USA
Sci STKE 2004:pe30. 2004..Lessons learned from the research on rituximab may be applied to the rational development of antibody-based therapies against other forms of cancer...
- Morbidity and mortality in rheumatoid arthritis patients with prolonged and profound therapy-induced lymphopeniaJ D Isaacs
University of Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 44:1998-2008. 2001..These data are also relevant to patients receiving lymphocytotoxic mAb therapy for other indications, and to patients receiving other lymphodepleting therapies such as autologous stem cell transplantation...
- Antibody pretargeting advances cancer radioimmunodetection and radioimmunotherapyDavid M Goldenberg
Garden State Cancer Center, Center for Molecular Medicine and Immunology, Belleville, NJ 07109, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:823-34. 2006....
- Antitumor antibodies in the treatment of cancer: Fc receptors link opsonic antibody with cellular immunityRaphael Clynes
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 20:585-612. 2006..Thus, engineered Fc domains with favorable affinities for specific FcR types may prove to be clinically superior...
- MUC1 cytoplasmic tail detection using CT33 polyclonal and CT2 monoclonal antibodies in breast and colorectal tissueM V Croce
Centre of Basic and Applied Immunological Research CINIBA, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNLP, La Plata, Argentina
Histol Histopathol 21:849-55. 2006..The immunohistochemical detection (IHC) of MUC1-CT employing a polyclonal antibody (CT33) in relation to CT2 monoclonal antibody (MAb) was analyzed. Western blot (WB) was used to determine the molecular mass of CT...
- Detection of pancreatic cancer using antibody microarray-based serum protein profilingJohan Ingvarsson
Department of Immunotechnology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Proteomics 8:2211-9. 2008..Taken together, the data suggest that antibody microarray analysis of complex proteomes will be a useful tool to define disease associated protein signatures...
- Natural killer (NK) cell function is a strong prognostic factor in colorectal carcinoma patients treated with the monoclonal antibody 17-1AMaria Liljefors
Department of Oncology Radiumhemmet, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cancer 105:717-23. 2003..These results should be considered when designing antibody-based therapeutic protocols...
- Identification of the MAGE-1 gene product by monoclonal and polyclonal antibodiesY T Chen
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Unit, NY
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:1004-8. 1994..Transfection of the MAGE-1 gene into a MAGE-1 mRNA-negative melanoma cell line resulted in the expression of the 46-kDa protein, confirming the identity of this protein as the MAGE-1 gene product...
- Interleukin 21 enhances antibody-mediated tumor rejectionMark J Smyth
Cancer Immunology Program, Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cancer Res 68:3019-25. 2008..These data further support the use of IL-21 in adjuvant settings where strong T cell-mediated immune responses to tumors can be generated...
- A review of Campath in autoimmune disease: biologic therapy in the gray zone between immunosuppression and immunoablationAndreas Reiff
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Childrens Hospital, Los Angeles 90027, USA
Hematology 10:79-93. 2005....
- Human tumor cell lysates as a protein source for the detection of cancer antigen-specific humoral immunityVivian Goodell
Tumor Vaccine Group, Center for Translational Medicine in Women s Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 8050, United States
J Immunol Methods 299:129-38. 2005..Cell-based ELISA can be developed to be Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA)-compliant and the flexibility of the approach will allow adaptation of the assay to multiple tumor antigen systems...
- Calcineurin inhibitor- and steroid-free immunosuppression in pancreas-kidney and solitary pancreas transplantationRainer W G Gruessner
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Transplantation 79:1184-9. 2005..The authors present a novel strategy for posttransplant immunosuppression that combines a depleting antibody with an antimetabolite, avoiding calcineurin inhibitors and steroids...
- Pharmacokinetics and clinical evaluation of 125I-radiolabeled humanized CC49 monoclonal antibody (HuCC49deltaC(H)2) in recurrent and metastatic colorectal cancer patientsJim Xiao
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:16-26. 2005..This study examined the pharmacokinetics and tissue localization of a humanized domain-deleted CC49 antibody (HuCC49DeltaC(H)2 MAb) in humans...
- Campath-1H in renal transplantation: The University of Wisconsin experienceStuart J Knechtle
Department of Surgery, University of Winsconsin Medical School, Madison 53792 7375, USA
Surgery 136:754-60. 2004....
- Alemtuzumab: validation of a sensitive and simple enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayIman Jilani
Department of Hematopathology, Nichols Institute, Quest Diagnostics, 33608 Ortega Highway, Rm 108B, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92690 6130, USA
Leuk Res 28:1255-62. 2004..This validated assay should help optimize the dosing and scheduling of alemtuzumab therapy. The underlying principles are also applicable to the measurement of other humanized antibodies using an appropriate anti-Ig...
- Quality of recombinant protein determines the amount of autoreactivity detected against the tumor-associated epithelial cell adhesion molecule antigen: low frequency of antibodies against the natural proteinOliver Schmetzer
Molecular Immunotherapy, Max Delbrück Centrum for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 174:942-52. 2005..Our study shows that EpCAM only rarely induces autoantibodies against native protein and emphasizes the importance of using extremely purified Ag preparations when evaluating Abs against tumor-associated Ags...
- Engineering and characterization of a divalent single-chain Fv angiotensin II fusion construct of the monoclonal antibody CC49Uwe A Wittel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:168-76. 2005..In animal studies, the radiolabeled sc(Fv)(2)-AngII construct exhibited similar uptake and a more homogeneous distribution within the tumor as compared to sc(Fv)(2)...
- Immunocompetent T-cells with a memory-like phenotype are the dominant cell type following antibody-mediated T-cell depletionJonathan P Pearl
Transplantation Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Transplant 5:465-74. 2005..These data demonstrate that therapeutic depletion begets a limited population of functional memory-like T cells that are easily suppressed with certain immunosuppressants, but cannot be considered uniquely pro-tolerant...
- Biodistribution and tumor imaging of an anti-CEA single-chain antibody-albumin fusion proteinPaul J Yazaki
Division of Cancer Immunotherapeutics and Tumor Immunology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Nucl Med Biol 35:151-8. 2008..The radiometal-labeled version, which shows lower normal tissue accumulation than these recombinant antibodies, provides a promising and novel platform for antibody-based imaging agents...
- The evolving role of alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) for immunosuppressive therapy in organ transplantationJoseph F Magliocca
Department of Surgery, Division of Organ Transplantation, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Transpl Int 19:705-14. 2006..We herein review some of the lessons learned from clinical experience to date in solid organ transplantation using alemtuzumab as an immunosuppressant...
- Population pharmacokinetics of humanized monoclonal antibody HuCC49deltaCH2 and murine antibody CC49 in colorectal cancer patientsLanyan Fang
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 232 Parks Hall, 500 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:227-37. 2007..Clinical trial designs with at least 3 measurements of antibody disposition were found to be better than an empirical direct observation method for the optimal prediction of surgery time...
- Cancer immunomics using autoantibody signatures for biomarker discoveryMichel Caron
Protein Biochemistry and Proteomics Laboratory, UMR CNRS 7033 BioMoCeTi, Unité de Formation et de Recherche Santé Médecine Biologie Humaine, Paris 13 University, 93017 Bobigny Cedex, France
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1115-22. 2007..Lastly the most important difficulty of any proteomically identified autoantibody signature is validation in patient cohorts or clinical samples...
- A new sensitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for Alemtuzumab determination: development, validation and applicationM Montagna
Clinical Pharmacokinetics Unit, IRCCS Fondazione Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 20:363-71. 2007..This ELISA assay could be easily used to determine human serum levels of Alemtuzumab pre- and post-treatment to optimize dosing and scheduling and to study the relationship between dose and clinical response...
- Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H): a systematic review in organ transplantationPeter J Morris
Centre for Evidence in Transplantation, Royal College of Surgeons of England and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London, UK
Transplantation 81:1361-7. 2006..Alemtuzumab is an attractive agent for induction in organ transplantation, but there is a need for more and larger randomized trials with long-term follow-up before its true role can be established, particularly with respect to safety...
- Melanocyte differentiation antigen RAB38/NY-MEL-1 induces frequent antibody responses exclusively in melanoma patientsAlfred Zippelius
Klinik und Poliklinik für Onkologie, Departement fur Innere Medizin, Universitatsspital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Immunol Immunother 56:249-58. 2007..Implications for the understanding of spontaneous humoral immune responses are discussed...
- Radiolanthanide-labeled monoclonal antibody CC49 for radioimmunotherapy of cancer: biological comparison of DOTA conjugates and 149Pm, 166Ho, and 177LuHuma Mohsin
Department of Chemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Bioconjug Chem 17:485-92. 2006..When labeled with 149Pm, 166Ho, and 177Lu, MeO-DOTA-CC49 has potential for RIT of colorectal cancer and other carcinomas...
- Alemtuzumab induction and prednisone-free maintenance immunotherapy in simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantation comparison with rabbit antithymocyte globulin induction - long-term resultsD B Kaufman
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Transplant 6:331-9. 2006..Alemtuzumab induction followed by steroid-free maintenance therapy with a tacrolimus/sirolimus-based immunosuppression regimen provided an effective, safe and cost-conscious approach to SPK transplantation...
- Distinct EBV and CMV reactivation patterns following antibody-based immunosuppressive regimens in patients with severe aplastic anemiaPhillip Scheinberg
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 109:3219-24. 2007....
- Production and characterization of highly tumor-specific rat monoclonal antibodies recognizing the extracellular domain of human L-type amino-acid transporter 1Yoshiya Ohno
Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 4 1 Kowakae 3 chome, Higashiosaka shi, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1000-7. 2008..Comparative immunohistochemical analyses of normal human tissues with anti-CD98 hc and anti-LAT1 revealed LAT1 to be an excellent molecular target for antibody therapy, possibly even superior to CD98 hc...
- The use of Campath-1H as induction therapy in renal transplantation: preliminary resultsGaetano Ciancio
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Transplantation 78:426-33. 2004....
- Optimization of in vivo tumor targeting in SCID mice with divalent forms of 741F8 anti-c-erbB-2 single-chain Fv: effects of dose escalation and repeated i.v. administrationG P Adams
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 40:299-306. 1995..06 microgram/ml, at the 48-h point. These results suggest that multiple high-dose administrations of radiolabeled 741F8 (sFv')2 may lead to the selective tumor localization of therapeutic radiation doses...
- Humoral immune response against melanoma antigens induced by vaccination with cytokine gene-modified autologous tumor cellsHanno Ehlken
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Skin Cancer Unit D070, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 108:307-13. 2004..We conclude that a strong humoral response against tumor-associated antigens is inducible by tumor cells and that this response is very individual...
- Methods and applications of antibody microarrays in cancer researchBrian B Haab
Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Proteomics 3:2116-22. 2003..These demonstrations clearly show the utility of antibody microarrays for cancer research and signal the imminent expansion of this platform to many areas of biological research...
- Proteomic profiling of the cancer microenvironment by antibody arraysV Knezevic
Cancer Genome Anatomy Project, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Proteomics 1:1271-8. 2001....
- Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) for treatment of lymphoid malignancies in the age of nonmyeloablative conditioning?G Hale
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:797-804. 2002....
- Successful treatment of refractory pure red cell aplasia associated with lymphoproliferative disorders with the anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody alemtuzumab (Campath-1H)Xiuqing Ru
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Br J Haematol 123:278-81. 2003..Alemtuzumab appears to be an effective and well-tolerated therapy for pure red blood cell aplasia associated with lymphoproliferative disorders...
- Immunoguided lymph node dissection in colorectal cancer: a new challenge?S Schneebaum
Radioguided Surgery Unit, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel
World J Surg 25:1495-8; discussion 1499. 2001..Using this guideline, additional information acquired by RIGS can help the surgeon in making an informed decision during surgery and in planning postoperative therapy...
- Generation and characterization of recombinant human antibodies specific for native laminin epitopes: potential application in cancer therapyL Sanz
Department of Immunology, Hospital Universitario Clinica Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
Cancer Immunol Immunother 50:557-65. 2001..and show strong immunohistochemical reactivity with basement membranes in human and murine tissue sections. Their properties make them ideal candidates for in vivo applications...
- Pharmacokinetics of CAMPATH-1H: assay development and validationPeppy Rebello
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, OX1 3RE, Oxford, UK
J Immunol Methods 260:285-302. 2002..This validated assay is suitable for the measurement of CAMPATH-1H levels in clinical trials and the same principles may be applied to any other cell-binding monoclonal antibody...
- Seroreactivity against MAGE-A and LAGE-1 proteins in melanoma patientsD Usener
Skin Cancer Unit, D070, German Cancer Research Centre, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 149:282-8. 2003..Cancer-testis antigens exemplify a growing number of tumour antigens which are expressed in a variety of malignancies, but not in normal tissues other than germ cells, primarily those of the testis...
- Results from a human renal allograft tolerance trial evaluating the humanized CD52-specific monoclonal antibody alemtuzumab (CAMPATH-1H)Allan D Kirk
Transplantation and Autoimmunity Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Transplantation 76:120-9. 2003..We therefore performed a study to determine if pretransplant T-cell depletion with alemtuzumab would induce tolerance in human renal allografts and to evaluate the nature of the alloimmune response in the setting of T-cell depletion...
- Ligand-targeted liposomal anticancer drugsP Sapra
Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB, Canada, T6G 2H7
Prog Lipid Res 42:439-62. 2003..The time is rapidly approaching where we will see translation of anticancer drugs entrapped in LTLs to the clinic...
- Pure red-cell aplasia due to parvovirus B19 infection in a patient treated with alemtuzumabKirsten E Herbert
Blood 101:1654. 2003
- Serological and proteomic evaluation of antibody responses in the identification of tumor antigens in renal cell carcinomaRichard D Unwin
Cancer Research UK Clinical Cancer Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Proteomics 3:45-55. 2003....
- Polyclonal anti-colorectal cancer Fab phage display library selected in one round using density gradient centrifugation to separate antigen-bound and free phageBrent R Williams
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, the Hubert H Humphrey Cancer Research Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Room K707, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Immunol Lett 81:141-8. 2002..It is also applicable for selection of peptide or other phage display libraries on any insoluble ligand...
- Therapeutic role of alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) in patients who have failed fludarabine: results of a large international studyMichael J Keating
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 99:3554-61. 2002..Alemtuzumab induced significant responses in these patients with clinical benefit in the majority and with acceptable toxicity in a high-risk group...
- Profiling of cancer cells using protein microarrays: discovery of novel radiation-regulated proteinsA Sreekumar
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer Res 61:7585-93. 2001..Taken together, our work suggests that protein/antibody microarrays will facilitate high-throughput proteomic studies of human cancer and carcinogenesis...
- Blood concentrations of alemtuzumab and antiglobulin responses in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia following intravenous or subcutaneous routes of administrationGeoff Hale
Therapeutic Antibody Centre, Old Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7JT, United Kingdom
Blood 104:948-55. 2004..Subcutaneous alemtuzumab is more convenient and better tolerated but may be associated with some patients forming anti-alemtuzumab antibodies, particularly those patients who were previously untreated...
- Passively transferred anti-MUC1 antibodies cause neither autoimmune disorders nor immunity against transplanted tumors in MUC1 transgenic miceR M Tempero
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198, USA
Int J Cancer 80:595-9. 1999..Additional studies showed that polyclonal sera containing IgG1 Abs reactive with MUC1 TR were unable to provide protection against the growth of syngeneic tumors expressing MUC1 in the MUC1.Tg animal model...
- Survival in early breast cancer patients is favorably influenced by a natural humoral immune response to polymorphic epithelial mucinS von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Chemistry, Pathology, and Surgery, Academic Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 18:574-83. 2000..The present study analyzes the incidence of naturally occurring MUC1 antibodies in early breast cancer patients and relates the presence of these antibodies in pretreatment serum to outcome of disease...
- High remission rate in T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia with CAMPATH-1HC E Dearden
Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Blood 98:1721-6. 2001..The conclusion is that CAMPATH-1H is an effective therapy in T-PLL, producing remissions in more than two thirds of patients. The use of stem cell transplantation to consolidate responses merits further study...
- A fully synthetic therapeutic vaccine candidate targeting carcinoma-associated Tn carbohydrate antigen induces tumor-specific antibodies in nonhuman primatesRichard Lo-Man
Unité de Biologie des Régulations Immunitaires Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale E352 Institut Pasteur, 25 28 Rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris, France
Cancer Res 64:4987-94. 2004....
- Pilot study using a humanized CC49 monoclonal antibody (HuCC49DeltaCH2) to localize recurrent colorectal carcinomaDoreen M Agnese
Divisions of Surgical Oncology, The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 11:197-202. 2004..This study was designed to assess the clearance, safety, and effectiveness of localization of a complimentarity determining region (CDR)-grafted humanized domain-deleted antitumor CC49 antibody (HuCC49DeltaCH2)...
- Mechanism of action and resistance to monoclonal antibody therapyNeus Villamor
Unitat d Hematopatologia, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Semin Oncol 30:424-33. 2003..We review the current understanding of the mechanism of action of and resistance to these MoAbs...
- Pharmacokinetics of alemtuzumab after haploidentical HLA-mismatched hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using in vivo alemtuzumab with or without CD52-positive malignanciesKumi Oshima
Department of Hematology, Cell Therapy and Transplantation Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine and Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hematol 81:875-9. 2006....
- The role of CAMPATH-1 antibodies in the treatment of lymphoid malignanciesM J Dyer
Institute of Cancer Research Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Semin Oncol 26:52-7. 1999..Further experiments to enhance the activity of CD52 antibodies in sites refractory to antibody alone are currently being undertaken...
- Phase II trial of subcutaneous anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) as first-line treatment for patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL)Jeanette Lundin
Department of Hematology, Karolinska Hospital, and Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 100:768-73. 2002..Prolonged treatment is important for maximal bone marrow response. Subcutaneous administration induced very few "first-dose" flulike symptoms and may reduce health care costs in comparison with the intravenous infusions...
- Bi-specific antibody therapy for the treatment of cancerS Withoff
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, University Hospital Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Mol Ther 3:53-62. 2001..The lessons learned from the last decade will be discussed in consideration of the potential future development of BsAbs for cancer therapy...
- Reconstitution of the T-cell repertoire following treatment with alemtuzumab (anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody) in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaMohammad Reza Rezvany
Immune and Gene Therapy Laboratory, Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska CCK, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Haematol 135:475-85. 2006..These results indicate that perturbations in the T-cell alterations following alemtuzumab are complex and include not only changes in CD4/CD8 T-cell numbers but also a highly restricted T-cell repertoire especially in CD4 T cells...
- Updated guidelines on the management of cytomegalovirus reactivation in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia treated with alemtuzumabSusan M O'Brien
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:125-30. 2006....
- Alemtuzumab in CLL and other lymphoid neoplasmsFarhad Ravandi
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4095, USA
Cancer Invest 24:718-25. 2006..Effective antibiotic prophylaxis can limit the incidence of infections, which are the major side effect associated with the profound lymphopenia occurring as a result of treatment with this agent...
- Alemtuzumab in the treatment of chronic lymphocytic lymphomaKevin Boyd
The Royal Marsden Hospital and Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:525-33. 2008..It seems to be particularly useful in patients with CLL who have deletion of the TP53 tumor suppressor gene, a subset of disease that responds poorly to other currently available chemotherapeutics...
- Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) in the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaL Alinari
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Oncogene 26:3644-53. 2007..Additional studies detailing the mechanism of action of alemtuzumab as well as new strategies for prevention of opportunistic infections will aid in the future therapeutic development of this agent...
- Advances in the use of alemtuzumab in CLLStephan Stilgenbauer
Department of Haematology, Oncology, Rheumatology, and Infectious Diseases, University of Ulm, 89069 Ulm, Germany
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 6:23-4. 2008
- Alemtuzumab in Sézary syndrome: efficient but not innocentUmit Barbaros Ure
Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, 34300, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Dermatol 17:525-9. 2007..We report a case of Sézary syndrome treated successfully with alemtuzumab but who died of treatment-related infection...
- Synergistic antitumor effect of chemotactic-prostate tumor-associated antigen gene-modified tumor cell vaccine and anti-CTLA-4 mAb in murine tumor modelNing Li
Department of Immunology, Cancer Institute, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Immunol Lett 113:90-8. 2007..These findings demonstrate that this combinatorial treatment can elicit a potent anti-tumor immune response and suggest potential of this approach for treatment of prostate cancer...
- CD52 over-expression affects rituximab-associated complement-mediated cytotoxicity but not antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity: preclinical evidence that targeting CD52 with alemtuzumab may reverse acquired resistance to rituximab in non-Hodgkin lympRaymond I Cruz
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 48:2424-36. 2007..Our current data provides a basis for further evaluation of alemtuzumab-based clinical trials for patients with rituximab-resistant NHL...
- [Monoclonal antibody therapy: a literature review]Carolina Beltrame Del Debbio
Escola de Enfermagem, Universidade de Sao Paulo
Rev Gaucha Enferm 28:133-42. 2007..0% cause digestive side effects, and 87.5% affect the hematopoietic system. In order to guarantee MA's therapeutic efficacy and safety, professionals must fully understand their pharmacological characteristics...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of direct rhenium-188-labeled anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody alemtuzumab for radioimmunotherapy of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMario De Decker
Department of Radiopharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Nucl Med Biol 35:599-604. 2008..Therefore, (188)Re-alemtuzumab would be an ideal candidate for radioimmunotherapy of chronic lymphocytic leukemia...
- A novel Raji-Burkitt's lymphoma model for preclinical and mechanistic evaluation of CD52-targeted immunotherapeutic agentsRosa Lapalombella
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:569-78. 2008..We describe generation and utilization of cell lines that stably express CD52 both in vitro and in vivo...
- Alemtuzumab depletes dendritic cells more effectively in blood than in skin: a pilot study in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaSusanne Auffermann-Gretzinger
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I Universitätsklinikum Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Transplantation 83:1268-72. 2007....
- Thymocyte tuning after selection: mechanisms to avoid autoreactivityTerri M Laufer; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will define the mechanisms which regulate a critical thymic pathway that the immune system utilizes to avoid autoreactivity. ..
- Campath-1H & Calcineurin-Inhibitors in Renal TransplantStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The regulation of tumor immunity by NKT cellsMark Smyth; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal focuses clearly on a pivotal immune control mechanism that will influence many current and future immunotherapies. ..
- TRANSPLANTATION TOLERANCE USING IMMUNOTOXINStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2001..The goal of this proposal would be to develop adequate preclinical data to permit phase I and II clinical trials in organ transplant recipients. ..
- CMMI Human Subject Research Enhancement ProgramDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..3.) Provide travel expenses and educational materials for IRB members, investigators, and Regulatory Affairs Office personnel to attend meetings for educational enhancement. ..
- Clofarabine: Cytarabine Activation for Leukemia ResponseStefan Faderl; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 9/10TH Conf./Cancer Therapy/Antibody/ImmunoconjugatesDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conference chairman, Dr. Goldenberg, has secured two outstanding scientists as co-chairmen, Drs. Ralph Reisfeld (Scripps) and Edward Sausville (NCI). ..
- Pretargeting mouse tumor with anti-PSMA antibody-MORFGuozheng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Based on our experiences in this pretargeting strategy, we are confident that these investigations on the pretargeting imaging of prostate cancer models with MORFs will be successful. ..
- 11th & 12th Conference on Cancer Therapy with Antibodies and ImmunoconjugatesDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Renal Transplantation Using Campath1H/RapamycinStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2003..This data will be correlated with histopathology of protocol biopsies. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for Prostate CancerMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquisition of these skills combined with the completion of the research plan will allow the candidate to pursue such research independently. ..
- Longitudinal Cancer-Specific Serum Protein SignaturesBrian Haab; Fiscal Year: 2006..The successful demonstration of the approach to prostate cancer diagnostics will signal its potential usefulness for all types of biomarker studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- U. of Wisconsin Transplant Research Training ProgramStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ANTIBODIES AND ANTIGENS IN HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMAENG TAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Other studies are to determine the target genes(s) of SG2NA and potential protein binding partners. Elucidation of the properties and function of these proteins might contribute to understanding co-activating factors in carcinogenesis. ..
- CXCR3 Chemokine Receptor in Non-Human Primate AllograftStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2006..We plan to take advantage of the combined experience of the Hancock and Knechtle labs to address the research questions posed herein. ..
- Defining Secreted Glycan Alterations in Pancreatic CancerBrian Haab; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research could lead to significantly improved blood tests for the detection of cancer, as well as a powerful, generally- applicable platform for studying carbohydrate alterations on multiple proteins. ..
- Tumor specific cell sruface epitope- molecular evolutionBin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The resulting antibodies will have a very high likelihood of recognizing clinically relevant tumor antigens. ..
- Planning Grant for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science AwardMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein targets of ovarian and oocyte autoantibodiesJudith Luborsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will also contribute to a better understanding of an autoimmune disease that affects women's health. ..
- FcR Enhanced Ag Presentation--Induction Tumor ImmunityRaphael Clynes; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Determine whether FcgammaR uptake enhances class I antigen presentation in human systems and specifically whether antibody-mediated T cell priming occurs in Trastuzumab-treated patients. ..
- Phase I Trial of a HER2 ICD Plasmid-Based DNA VaccineMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal will be to use this study as a platform to develop multi-antigen plasmid based vaccines for the prevention of common solid tumors. ..
- Isolation of human tumor cells in dormant cancerJonathan Uhr; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Pathogenic Role of Islet Cell Abs in Autoimmune DiabetesRaphael A Clynes; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose in Aim 3 to extend this work to test relevance to the antibody-mediated cross-presentation of insulin, an antigen of singular importance to diabetes. ..
- Multi-Antigen Vaccines for Breast CancerMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Computational Framework for Individualized Clinical Decision-MakingNancy Lan Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will advance the computational modeling of human genome data in disease for clinical decision-making. ..
- Retargeted Oncolytic Measles Viruses Displaying Single-Chain AntibodiesKah Whye Peng; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To determine the relationship between affinity of displayed scFv and virus entry or cell fusion of retargeted MVs. ..
- Ligation of CR3 by Glucan and iC3b Links Innate and Adaptive Anti-tumor ImmunityJun Yan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The enhancing effect of beta-glucan on anti-MUd T and B cell responses will be determined. Beta-glucan mediated immunotherapy demonstrates promising results in the therapeutic setting and is potentially remedial for cancer patients. ..
- Cytoprotective Effect of CO in Lung Ischemia/ReperfusionKenneth McCurry; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Photothermal Imaging of Live CellsVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2008..The technical realization of PTI is relatively simple, requiring the combination of conventional optical phase-contrast microscopy and the already routinely used nanosecond laser. ..
- The influence of ischemic microenvironment and stem cell differentiationRandall Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] Specific aim 2: To test the hypothesis that the microenvironment influences SC differentiation, angiogenesis and LV remodeling. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lentivirus Gene Therapy for Farber Disease in NHPsJeffrey Medin; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposed study would thus be the first to fully test LV-mediatedcorrection for an LSD in a more clinically relevant model; that of NHPs. ..
- Blood Test Detects Change from HER2- to + in Breast CancerJonathan Uhr; Fiscal Year: 2007..This would ensure that patients who acquire treatable changes in their tumor will receive optimal targeted therapy. ..
- 4th International Conference on Oncolytic Viruses as Cancer TherapeuticsKah Whye Peng; Fiscal Year: 2007..This provides an important training ground for tomorrow's scientists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antibody Microarrays for Cancer DiagnosticsULRIK NIELSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The development of high quality antibody reagents for use in the construction of micro arrays will have broad implications in making diagnostic and research tools. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rational Design of Therapeutic Vaccines for CEA+ TumorsSUNIL CHATTERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results obtained from these studies will help design improved therapeutic vaccines for the treatment of CEA+ tumors and can be incorporated readily into our ongoing clinical programs. ..
- Phase II trial of 17-AAG in melanoma patientsPaul Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2007..post-treatment specimens, clinically responding tumors vs. non-responding tumors, and mutant BRAF vs. wild-type BRAF tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anti-GD3 NKT cells as effector cells against melanomaPaul Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will provide initial support for an immunotherapeutic approach based on antigen-specific NKT cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intracerebral Infusion of Radiolabeled Specific AntibodyJohn Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PATHOBIOCHEMISTRY OF ACUTE PROMYELOCYTIC LEUKEMIAEdward Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide novel insights into the mechanism and function of sentrinization and increase our understanding of the pathogenesis of acute promyelocytic leukemia. ..
- Integrated optical imaging rat of mesenteryVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2004..The technical realization of this new imaging system is relatively simple, combining transmission microscopy and laser technique already routinely in use. ..
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWJohn Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HER2 VACCINATION FOR THE TREATMENT OF CANCERMARY DISIS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Rational Optimization of Protein SolubilityJOHN DESJARLAIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DENDRITIC CELL IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR LUNG AND COLON CANCERLawrence Fong; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will provide the foundation for simplified yet more potent DC targeted cancer immunotherapy for the future. ..
- IMMUNIZATION AGAINST TUMOR CELL ANTIGENSPaul Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This close mentoring relationship reflects our current teaching paradigm. The grant award will provide the PI with more time to conduct the clinical trials and to mentor additional beginning clinical investigators. ..
- TRANSPLANT IMMUNOLOGY OF IL2 IFNY DOUBLE KNOCKOUT MICEMartin Zand; Fiscal Year: 2002..In contrast, if the DKO mice are tolerant to islet allografts, we will determine the mechanism by adoptive transfer of tolerance inducing T lymphocyte subsets. ..
- VACCINES ELICITING CD8 CYTOTOXIC T CELL RESPONSESHerman Eisen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EVALUATION OF CH2 DELETED HUCC49 FOR INTRAPERITONEAL RITDonald Buchsbaum; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies would establish the rationale for human clinical RIT trials in patients with intraperitoneal cancer using HuCC49deltaCH2 and the optimum method of administration of IFN. ..
- EARLY DETECT/CHARACTERIZATION OF TUMOR CELLS IN BLOODJonathan Uhr; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- NEW BCAS FOR RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY WITH RADIOMETALSDonald Buchsbaum; Fiscal Year: 2001..The experiments described in this application will provide answers to these questions. These studies would establish the rationale for human clinical RIT trials in patients with Jp. cancer using HuCC49ACH2. ..
- PHASE I TRIAL OF A PEPTIDE VACCINE AGAINST EGFRVIIIBruce Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2005..To characterize effects of human anti-EGFRvIII antibodies on EGFRvIII signaling. 4. To determine the level of EGFR specific T cell response after immunization with EGFRvIII peptide. ..
- Antibody fragment drug conjugates for cancer therapyPaul Carter; Fiscal Year: 2005..Advances made with anti-CD30 antibody fragment drug conjugates are anticipated to be broadly applicable to other antibodies with therapeutic potential. ..
- Serum Citrulline in Rejection of Intestinal TransplantsAndreas Tzakis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Discovery of a serum marker of intestinal rejection will make its detection possible without invasive tests, cheaper even from a distance. It will improve the safety and outcomes of intestinal transplants. ..
- Bioluminescent Imaging of Pancreatic Islet TransplantsDixon Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HER 2/Neu--A Target For Cancer ImmunotherapyMALAYA CHATTERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will be a prelude to clinical trials for HER2/neu positive cancer patients with a single or combined anti-Id vaccine. ..
- Anti-GM1b IgM for Detection of Localized Prostate CancerMepur Ravindranath; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- INVESTIGATION INTO THE FUNCTION OF FIG1Charles Chu; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Immunotoxin-Induced Vascular Leak SyndromeEllen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) whether there are correlations between PKs, changes in cytokines, toxicity, and response. Our data will be compared with those obtained in the past clinical trials with the second generation IT, RFB4-dgRTA. ..
- PHASE 1 STUDY OF SAFETY & IMMUNOGENICITY OF AN ALUM-FORMULATED RECOMBINANT RICINEllen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 2009..Doses of 1, 10 and 100 micrograms - each with 0.5 mg Alhydrogel, will be given at weeks 0, 6, and 26 and serum will be assessed for anti-vaccine and neutralizing titers. ..
- Investigation into human IL4I1Charles Chu; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MENTORING & ADVANCED RESEARCH TRAINING FOR WRHR SCHOLARSJonathan Berek; Fiscal Year: 2008..This cadre of Scholars will be among future leaders in women's reproductive health research in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The reversal of multidrug resistance by an anti-CD19 ab.Ellen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- T cell diversity in the induction of autoimmunityTerri Laufer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding the requirements for T cell diversity and the interactions between "graft" T cells and host antigen presenting cells offers improved immunologic targets for preventing GVHD following bone marrow transplant. ..
- SIGNALING AND ANTITUMOR EFFECTS OF ANTIBODIESEllen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 2001..These tumors will be used as targets for therapy. To this end, she has initiated collaborations at her institution and at two other institutions for the acquisition of fresh lymphomas. ..
- A Novel Recombinant Protein Vaccine Against Ricin ToxinEllen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 2006..When these three aims are completed, the vaccine should be ready for acute toxicology studies in two species and scale-up for Phase 1 clinical trials in humans. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DC-CD4 interactions in Th2 differentiationTerri Laufer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Tumor-reactive IgG in the diagnosis of ovarian cancerDouglas Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, antigenic proteins, linked with histologic type and stage of disease, will be combined into the development of protein arrays to screen for circulating reactive IgG as an early diagnostic test. ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF B CELL LYMPHOMA WITH ANTI CD74M Mattes; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study may lead to the development of more effective radio-conjugates for the therapy of cancer and other diseases. Also, it will provide basic information about the toxic effects of intracellular (really lysosomal) radionuclides. ..
- MESOTHELIN ANTIGENS FOR DIAGNOSIS/THERAPY OF OVARIAN CAIngegerd Hellstrom; Fiscal Year: 2003..As part of this study, she shall investigate whether the soluble MR molecule (SMR) can act as an inhibitor of the immune response and, if so, whether the inhibition can be overcome. ..
- Hu1D10 in CLL: CLINICAL AND LABORATORY STUDIESJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOTOXIN-DEPLETION OF HIV-1+T CELLSEllen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 2003..This is a preclinical study to evaluate a new therapeutic modality. Our results should determine the feasibility of a future clinical trial. ..