Genomes and Genes
Summary: Antibodies specific to INSULIN.
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Higher prevalence of autoantibodies to insulin and GAD65 in Swedish compared to Lithuanian children with type 1 diabetesHanna Holmberg
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Clinical Research Center, Division of Pediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkopings Universitet, Sweden
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 72:308-14. 2006..Furthermore, the disease in patients with insulin autoantibodies seems to be clinically milder...
- Age of islet autoantibody appearance and mean levels of insulin, but not GAD or IA-2 autoantibodies, predict age of diagnosis of type 1 diabetes: diabetes autoimmunity study in the youngAndrea K Steck
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1397-9. 2011..We evaluated predictors of progression to diabetes in children with high-risk HLA genotypes and persistent islet autoantibodies...
- Distinguishing persistent insulin autoantibodies with differential risk: nonradioactive bivalent proinsulin/insulin autoantibody assayLiping Yu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes 61:179-86. 2012..We hypothesize that factors related to the mechanism of loss of tolerance leading to diabetes determine high affinity and MSD-IAA reactivity...
- Characteristics of the antibodies of two patients who developed daytime hyperglycemia and morning hypoglycemia because of insulin antibodiesTsuneo Ishizuka
Division of Nephrology, Endocrinology and Vascular Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo cho, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 84:e21-3. 2009....
- Gestational diabetes identifies women at risk for permanent type 1 and type 2 diabetes in fertile age: predictive role of autoantibodiesIlkka Y Järvelä
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oulu University Hospital, P O Box 5000, Oulu 90014, Finland
Diabetes Care 29:607-12. 2006..Our aim was to evaluate the predictive value of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM), diabetes-associated autoantibodies, and other factors for development of clinical diabetes later in life...
- Diabetes Antibody Standardization Program: evaluation of assays for insulin autoantibodiesM Schlosser
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Research Group of Predictive Diagnostics, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Diabetologia 53:2611-20. 2010..The Diabetes Antibody Standardization Program (DASP) aims to improve and standardise measurement of autoantibodies associated with type 1 diabetes. We report the results of measurement of IAA from DASP workshops in 2002, 2003 and 2005...
- Antibodies against insulin measured by electrochemiluminescence predicts insulitis severity and disease onset in non-obese diabetic mice and can distinguish human type 1 diabetes statusBernice Lo
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Transl Med 9:203. 2011..Therefore, a rapid, non-radioactive, and reproducible assay is highly desirable...
- Proinsulin/Insulin autoantibodies measured with electrochemiluminescent assay are the earliest indicator of prediabetic islet autoimmunityLiping Yu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 36:2266-70. 2013..We evaluated a novel electrochemiluminescent assay for insulin/proinsulin autoantibodies (ECL-IAA) as a new marker of the onset of islet autoimmunity and as a predictor of type 1 diabetes...
- Screening for insulitis in adult autoantibody-positive organ donorsPeter In't Veld
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Center for Beta Cell Therapy in Diabetes, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes 56:2400-4. 2007..It was only detected in <10% of the islets, some of which presented signs of beta-cell proliferation. No decrease in beta-cell mass was detected in cases with insulitis or in the group of antibody+ subjects...
- Mature high-affinity immune responses to (pro)insulin anticipate the autoimmune cascade that leads to type 1 diabetesPeter Achenbach
Institut fur Diabetesforschung, Kolner Platz 1, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Clin Invest 114:589-97. 2004....
- Autoantibodies to zinc transporter 8 and SLC30A8 genotype stratify type 1 diabetes riskP Achenbach
Diabetes Research Institute of Forschergruppe Diabetes e V, Helmholtz Center Munich, Ingolstaedter Landstr 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Diabetologia 52:1881-8. 2009..Our aim was to determine the relationships between autoantibodies to zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8), genotypes of the ZnT8-encoding gene SLC30A8 and type 1 diabetes risk...
- Insulin autoantibodies are associated with islet inflammation but not always related to diabetes progression in NOD congenic miceDavid T Robles
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Diabetes 52:882-6. 2003..It is likely that patients with type 1 diabetes will also show non-major histocompatibility complex genetically determined variation in expression of autoantibodies and progression to diabetes...
- Natural history of beta-cell autoimmunity in young children with increased genetic susceptibility to type 1 diabetes recruited from the general populationT Kimpimäki
The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Center for Type 1 Diabetes Prevention in Finland, Department of Pediatrics, Medical School, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, FIN 33014 Tampere
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4572-9. 2002....
- Long-term prevention of diabetes and marked suppression of insulin autoantibodies and insulitis in mice lacking native insulin B9-23 sequenceM Nakayama
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1079:122-9. 2006..In contrast to mice with at least one copy of a native insulin gene that expressed insulin antibodies, only 2 out of 21 (10%) double native insulin gene knockout mice with a mutated insulin transgene developed ..
- Dynamics of diabetes-associated autoantibodies in young children with human leukocyte antigen-conferred risk of type 1 diabetes recruited from the general populationM Kukko
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Center for the Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes in Finland and Medical School, University of Tampere, and Department of Pediatrics, Tampere University Hospital
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:2712-7. 2005This study characterized the dynamics of islet cell antibodies (ICA), insulin antibodies (IAA), glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies (GADA), and IA-2 antibodies (IA-2A) in 1006 children recruited from the general population due to human ..
- Murine high specificity/sensitivity competitive europium insulin autoantibody assayNaru Babaya
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045 6511, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 11:227-33. 2009..There is thus a need for simpler assay formats that do not utilize radioactivity, yet retain the high specificity and sensitivity of radioassays...
- Insulin assays: previously known and new analytical featuresRemy Sapin
Unite d Analyses Endocriniennes, Institut de Physique Biologique, CNRS ULP UMR 7004, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Clin Lab 49:113-21. 2003..The specificity of human insulin assays to these analogues should be assessed. Anti-insulin antibodies are present in a significant proportion of sera to be analyzed for insulin...
- Early and quantal (by litter) expression of insulin autoantibodies in the nonobese diabetic mice predict early diabetes onsetEvie Melanitou
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Immunol 173:6603-10. 2004..Pathological progression to autoimmunity is marked by the presence of immunological windows relating early steps with final disease onset...
- Stratification of type 1 diabetes risk on the basis of islet autoantibody characteristicsPeter Achenbach
Diabetes Research Institute and 3rd Medical Department, Hospital München Schwabing, Munich, Germany
Diabetes 53:384-92. 2004..Using models based on these antibody characteristics, autoantibody-positive relatives can be classified into groups with risks of diabetes ranging from 7 to 89% within 5 years...
- Pancreatic beta-cell function and immune responses to insulin after administration of intranasal insulin to humans at risk for type 1 diabetesLeonard C Harrison
Autoimmunity and Transplantation Division, The WalterEliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville 3050, Victoria, Australia
Diabetes Care 27:2348-55. 2004....
- Oral insulin administration and residual beta-cell function in recent-onset type 1 diabetes: a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Diabète Insuline Orale groupL Chaillous
Centres Hospitaliers Universitaires de Nantes, France
Lancet 356:545-9. 2000..We investigated whether oral administration of recombinant human insulin could protect residual beta-cell function in recent-onset type 1 diabetes...
- Severe insulin resistance secondary to insulin antibodies: successful treatment with the immunosuppressant MMFT Segal
Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology, University College Hospital, London, UK
Pediatr Diabetes 9:250-4. 2008..mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) in the treatment of severe insulin resistance caused by neutralising anti-insulin antibodies in type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM)...
- Role of insulin autoantibody affinity as a predictive marker for type 1 diabetes in young children with HLA-conferred disease susceptibilityHeli Siljander
Hospital for Children and Adolescents and Folkhälsan Research Center, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:615-22. 2009....
- The use of phage display to distinguish insulin autoantibody (IAA) from insulin antibody (IA) idiotypesD Devendra
Department of University Medicine, Plymouth Campus, United Kingdom
Diabetologia 46:802-9. 2003Radiobinding assays (RBA) are unable to differentiate insulin autoantibodies (IAA) from insulin antibodies (IA)...
- Combined testing of antibody titer and affinity improves insulin autoantibody measurement: Diabetes Antibody Standardization ProgramPeter Achenbach
Diabetes Research Institute, Koelner Platz 1, 80804 Munich, Germany
Clin Immunol 122:85-90. 2007..This workshop has demonstrated that different laboratories are able to reproduce IAA affinity results and that considering IAA affinity is likely to improve the diagnostic performance of IAA assays...
- Impact of insulin antibodies on insulin aspart pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics after 12-week treatment with multiple daily injections of biphasic insulin aspart 30 in patients with type 1 diabetesJ W Chen
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes and Medical Research Laboratories, Aarhus University Hospital, Norrebrogade 44, DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 153:907-13. 2005This study aimed to evaluate the impact of insulin antibodies on insulin aspart pharmaco-kinetics and pharmacodynamics after 12-week multiple daily injections of biphasic insulin aspart 30 (30% fast-acting and 70% protamine-crystallised ..
- Diabetes Antibody Standardization Program: first assay proficiency evaluationPolly J Bingley
Division of Medicine, Medical School Unit, University of Bristol, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, U K
Diabetes 52:1128-36. 2003..Differences in assay protocols between laboratories must be addressed so that all centers and kit manufacturers can perform to the same high standard...
- Identification of insulin autoantibodies of IgA isotype that preferentially target non-human insulinKerstin Koczwara
Diabetes Research Institute, Munich, Germany
Clin Immunol 124:77-82. 2007..The findings suggest that some IAA can result from immunization against molecules other than human insulin at mucosal sites...
- Characterization of the humoral immune response to islet antigen 2 in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetesAnna Mäkinen
Scientific Laboratory, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Biomedicum I, PO Box 63, FI 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Endocrinol 159:19-26. 2008....
- The effect of HLA class II, insulin and CTLA4 gene regions on the development of humoral beta cell autoimmunityRobert Hermann
JDRF Centre for Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes in Finland, Turku, Finland
Diabetologia 48:1766-75. 2005..The aim of this study was to explore the contribution of genetic factors to the emergence of beta-cell-specific humoral autoimmunity...
- Evaluation of insulin antibodies and placental transfer of insulin aspart in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes mellitusD R McCance
Diabetologia 51:2141-3. 2008
- The effect of insulin antibodies on the metabolic action of inhaled and subcutaneous insulin: a prospective randomized pharmacodynamic studyTim Heise
Profil Institut für Stoffwechselforschung, Hellersbergstr 9, D 41460 Neuss, Germany
Diabetes Care 28:2161-9. 2005To assess the impact of the development of high- or low-affinity insulin antibodies (IABs) on postprandial glucose tolerance, duration of insulin action, and clinical safety in patients with type 1 diabetes receiving inhaled insulin (..
- Low prevalence of islet autoantibodies in patients with gestational diabetes mellitusN Dozio
Department of Medicine, H San Raffaele Scientific Institute, University of Milano, Italy
Diabetes Care 20:81-3. 1997..To determine the proportion of patients with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) who have serological characteristics typical of IDDM...
- Circulating insulin antibodies: influence of continuous subcutaneous or intraperitoneal insulin infusion, and impact on glucose controlR P Radermecker
Division of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Disorders, Department of Medicine, CHU Liege, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:491-501. 2009..insulin have markedly reduced the incidence, but not completely suppressed, the development of anti-insulin antibodies (IAs). Advances in technologies concerning the mode of delivery of insulin, i.e...
- [The study of two immunological markers in patients with type-1 diabetes and in their first degree relatives]Adriana Cosmescu
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina, Disciplina Medicină Generală Medicină de Familie copii
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 108:549-53. 2004..CONCLUSION: The use of plasma markers is recommended as a first step in discovering the relatives with potential risk of developing the disease...
- Differential protection in two transgenic lines of NOD/Lt mice hyperexpressing the autoantigen GAD65 in pancreatic beta-cellsM Bridgett
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Diabetes 47:1848-56. 1998..Quantitative differences in expression level or insertional mutagenesis are possible mechanisms of protection in the A line...
- Early infant feeding and risk of developing type 1 diabetes-associated autoantibodiesAnette G Ziegler
Diabetes Research Institute and Hospital München Schwabing, Munich, Germany
JAMA 290:1721-8. 2003..Dietary factors modifying type 1 diabetes mellitus (DM) risk have been proposed, but little is known if they trigger the islet autoimmunity that precedes clinical disease...
- Progression of autoimmune diabetes: slowly progressive insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus or latent autoimmune diabetes of adultHuriya Beyan
Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Centre for Diabetes and Metabolic Medicine, Bart s and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, 4 Newark Street, London, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1079:81-9. 2006....
- Insulin autoimmunity: prediction/precipitation/prevention type 1A diabetesGeorge S Eisenbarth
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, B 140, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Autoimmun Rev 1:139-45. 2002..An expanding set of resources are now available for the development and testing in man of therapies to prevent type 1 diabetes, and a number of trials utilizing insulin peptides are now underway...
- Pancreatic autoantibodies in Italian patients with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus over the age of 20 yearsC Betterle
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Acta Diabetol 43:79-83. 2006..The best cost/benefit combination is provided by coupling the detection of GADA and ICA...
- Islet cell, thyroid, adrenal and celiac disease related autoantibodies in patients with Type 1 diabetes from Sri LankaL D K E Premawardhana
Department of Medicine, Caerphilly Miners Hospital, Caerphilly, UK
J Endocrinol Invest 29:968-74. 2006..The prevalence of islet cell, thyroid, adrenal and celiac disease related autoantibodies in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus (Type 1 DM) from Sri Lanka is described...
- Development of type 1 diabetes in wild bank voles associated with islet autoantibodies and the novel ljungan virusBo Niklasson
Apodemus AB, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Exp Diabesity Res 4:35-44. 2003..It is speculated that bank voles may have a possible zoonotic role as a reservoir and vector for virus that may contribute to the incidence of type 1 diabetes in humans...
- Islet autoantibodies are associated with HLA-DQ genotypes in Han Chinese patients with type 1 diabetes and their relativesJ P Wang
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes Center, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Tissue Antigens 70:369-75. 2007..The findings in the study indicate that some of specific HLA-DQA1/-DQB1 genotypes and haplotypes not only confer susceptibility to T1D but also are associated with the presence of the islet autoantibodies in the Han Chinese population...
- Longitudinal epitope analysis of insulin-binding antibodies in type 1 diabetesT R Hall
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 146:9-14. 2006..We hypothesize that insulin antibodies (IA) that develop upon initiation of insulin treatment differ in their epitope specificities from IAA...
- Dermal enhancement: bacterial products on intact skin induce and augment organ-specific autoimmune diseaseD Sean Riminton
Comparative Genomics Centre, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia
J Immunol 172:302-9. 2004....
- Transmission of maternal islet antibodies and risk of autoimmune diabetes in offspring of mothers with type 1 diabetesKerstin Koczwara
Diabetes Research Institute and 3rd Medical Department, Krankenhaus München Schwabing, Munich, Germany
Diabetes 53:1-4. 2004..These findings suggest that fetal exposure to islet autoantibodies in children born to mothers with type 1 diabetes may be protective against future islet autoimmunity and diabetes...
- Induction and therapy of autoimmune diabetes in the non-obese diabetic (NOD/Lt) mouse by a 65-kDa heat shock proteinD Elias
Department of Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:1576-80. 1990..becomes detectable in the sera of the prediabetic mice and some weeks later anti-hsp65 antibodies, anti-insulin antibodies, and anti-idiotypic antibodies to insulin antibodies become detectable...
- Epitope analysis of insulin autoantibodies using recombinant FabC J Padoa
Department of Chemical Pathology, University of the Witwatersrand and National Health Laboratory Service, Johannesburg, South Africa
Clin Exp Immunol 140:564-71. 2005..0001). We conclude that competition between insulin-specific monoclonal antibodies or their recombinant Fab and insulin autoantibodies should prove useful in the epitope analysis of autoantibodies to insulin...
- [Factors affecting C-peptide level during the first year of type 1 diabetes in children]Agnieszka Zmysłowska
Klinika Chorób Dzieci Instytutu Pediatrii UM w Łodzi, Łódź, Poland
Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw 10:103-11. 2004..C-peptide level is the most reliable factor evaluating the endogenous insulin secretion in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Autoantibodies to insulin and to proinsulin in type 1 diabetic patients and in at-risk probands differentiate only little between both antigensH Keilacker
, , Karlsburg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 27:90-4. 1995..nor are insulin autoantibodies merely a subgroup of proinsulin autoantibodies: In each group, in the mean, insulin antibodies as well as proinsulin antibodies reacted somewhat (but significantly) stronger with their respective antigen...
- Nondepleting anti-CD4 monoclonal antibody prevents diabetes and blocks induction of insulin autoantibodies following insulin peptide B:9-23 immunization in the NOD mouseEdwin Liu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, B140, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Autoimmun 21:213-9. 2003..Furthermore, recent experience has demonstrated the potential dangers of disease exacerbation or anaphylaxis with peptide immunotherapy...
- Clinical and immunological characteristics of type 1 diabetes mellitus in a northwestern Colombian populationG J Tobon
Cellular Biology and Immunogenetics Unit, Corporacion para Investigaciones Biologicas, Cra 72 A No 78 B 141, Medellin, Colombia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 72:170-5. 2006..Glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies (GADA), tyrosine phosphatase antibodies (IA-2A) and insulin antibodies (IAA) were examined by radioimmunoassay. There were 107 patients with T1D. Male:female ratio was 1:1...
- Delayed exposure to wheat and barley proteins reduces diabetes incidence in non-obese diabetic miceSandra Schmid
Diabetes Research Institute, Krankenhaus München Schwabing, Munich, Germany
Clin Immunol 111:108-18. 2004..These data support a link between dietary wheat and barley proteins and the development of autoimmune diabetes...
- Diabetes therapy trials with inhaled insulinSamuel Edwin Fineberg
Indiana University School of Medicine, 1120 South Drive, Fesler Hall 302, Indianapolis, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 15:743-62. 2006..However, all systems successfully deliver insulin to the deep lung and biological effectiveness compares favourably with injected subcutaneous insulins...
- Clinical, autoimmune, and HLA characteristics of children diagnosed with type 1 diabetes before 5 years of ageEba H Hathout
Pediatric Diabetes Center and Transplant Immunology Center, Loma Linda University Children s Hospital, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Pediatrics 111:860-3. 2003..HLA subtypes have been shown to play an important part in the determination of islet-cell autoimmunity and in the pace and intensity of the beta-cell destructive process...
- Improved glycaemic control with the use of self-prepared mixtures of insulin lispro and insulin lispro protamine suspension in patients with types 1 and 2 diabetesP Roach
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, DC2042, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Int J Clin Pract 55:177-82. 2001..54 +/- 0.11% vs 7.92 +/- 0.10%, p = 0.019). There was no difference in hypoglycaemia or insulin antibody levels. LP/NPL resulted in better glycaemic control than HR/NPH without increasing the risk of hypoglycaemia...
- Expression of GAD65 and islet cell antibody (ICA512) autoantibodies among cytoplasmic ICA+ relatives is associated with eligibility for the Diabetes Prevention Trial-Type 1L Yu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Diabetes 50:1735-40. 2001..Positivity for biochemically determined autoantibodies among cytoplasmic antibody-positive relatives is associated with eligibility for the DPT-1 study...
- [Relationship between autoantibodies and HLA-DQ genotypes in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus]Jian Ping Wang
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Second Xiangya Hospital, Diabetes Center, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2380-4. 2007..e., glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody (GADA), protein-tyrosine-phosphatase-2 autoantibody (IA-2A), and insulin autoantibody (IAA), and human leukocyte HLA-DQ genotypes in the patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM)...
- Endocrine autoimmunity in young patients with juvenile chronic arthritisM G Alpigiani
Department of Pediatrics, University of Genoa, G Gaslini Institute, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:565-8. 2002..The aim of our study was to investigate the coexistence of autoimmune diseases (autoimmune thyroid disease and type 1 diabetes mellitus, T1DM) in patients affected by Juvenile Chronic Arthritis (JCA)...
- Transient insulin autoantibody expression independent of development of diabetes: comparison of NOD and NOR strainsN Abiru
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Autoimmun 17:1-6. 2001..In addition, this data is not consistent with the hypothesis that the time-course of autoantibodies simply reflects the destruction of beta-cells with development of diabetes...
- GAD65 and ICA512 antibodies in undernourished and normally nourished south Indian patients with diabetesA K Das
Department of Medicine, JIPMER, Pondicherry, India
Ann N Y Acad Sci 958:247-50. 2002..In conclusion, undernutrition does not predispose to autoimmunity in south Indian diabetic patients...
- Autoantibodies in children with type 2 diabetes mellitusVatcharapan Umpaichitra
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 11203, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:525-30. 2002..Thus, low (10.8%) frequency of autoimmunity in children and adolescents is consistent with their clinical classification of type 2 DM based on the presence of residual C-peptide...
- Screening of diabetes, thyroid, and celiac diseases-related autoantibodies in a sample of Turkish children with type 1 diabetes and their siblingsGulay Karaguzel
Karadeniz Technical University, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Trabzon, Turkey
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 80:238-43. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the presence of diabetes, thyroid, and celiac diseases (CD)-related autoantibodies in children with type 1 diabetes (DM1) and their siblings...
- Combined positivity for HLA DQ2/DQ8 and IA-2 antibodies defines population at high risk of developing type 1 diabetesK Decochez
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 48:687-94. 2005..We investigated whether specific combinations of immune and genetic markers can identify subgroups with more homogeneous progression to clinical onset...
- Progression to insulin-requiring diabetes in seronegative prediabetic subjects: the role of two HLA-DQ high-risk haplotypesM Pietropaolo
Division of Immunogenetics, Rangos Research Center, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3460 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diabetologia 45:66-76. 2002....
- Seasonality of month of birth differs between type 1 diabetes patients with pronounced beta-cell autoimmunity and individuals with lesser or no beta-cell autoimmunityHadas Lewy
Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva, Israel
Pediatr Diabetes 9:46-52. 2008....
- IA-2 autoantibodies predict impending type I diabetes in siblings of patientsK Decochez
Diabetes Research Centre, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 45:1658-66. 2002..We compared its predictive value with that of positivity for a particular type of islet autoantibody, directed against the IA-2 antigen...
- Screening strategies for the identification of multiple antibody-positive relatives of individuals with type 1 diabetesJeffrey P Krischer
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612 9497, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:103-8. 2003..Further follow-up and analysis of actual progression to diabetes will be essential to define actual diabetes risk in this large cohort...
- Peptide-specific cytotoxicity of T lymphocytes against glutamic acid decarboxylase and insulin in type 1 diabetes mellitusK Kimura
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Asahi-machi, Abeno-ku, Osaka 545-8585, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 51:173-9. 2001..None of healthy controls showed cytotoxicity against GAD or insulin peptides was observed. This is the first report describing the cytotoxic activity of CD8+ T lymphocytes against insulin in type 1 DM...
- Glycaemic control and antibody status among patients with newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetesDoron Hickey
University of Auckland, Auckland
N Z Med J 120:U2732. 2007..To compare the risk of admission to hospital and poor glycaemic control by antibody status among newly diagnosed patients with type 1 diabetes in the Waikato Province of New Zealand...
- First-phase insulin response in young healthy children at genetic and immunological risk for Type I diabetesP Keskinen
The JDRF Center for Prevention of Type I Diabetes in Finland
Diabetologia 45:1639-48. 2002..We studied the first-phase insulin responses of small children soon after observed seroconversion to autoantibody positivity...
- Biotin increases glucokinase expression via soluble guanylate cyclase/protein kinase G, adenosine triphosphate production and autocrine action of insulin in pancreatic rat isletsAlonso Vilches-Flores
Unidad de Genetica de la Nutricion, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Instituto Nacional de Pediatría, Mexico City, C P 04530, Mexico
J Nutr Biochem 21:606-12. 2010..62+/-0.26 pmol/islet) at 30 min. Inhibition of PKG activity suppressed the effects of biotin on ATP content. Insulin antibodies or inhibitors of phosphoinositol-3-kinase/Akt insulin signalling pathway prevented biotin-induced ..
- Hypoglycemia after pancreas transplantationJ B Redmon
Department of Medicine, The University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Diabetes Care 21:1944-50. 1998..Therefore, we studied glucose and hormone levels in transplant recipients and healthy control subjects...
- Non-islet-cell tumor hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis in a child with congenital HIV and Burkitt's lymphomaMaynika V Rastogi
King s County Hospital Center and Children s Hospital at Downstate, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 21:805-10. 2008..Most cases of NICTH and lactic acidosis have been described in the adult population. We report a child with congenital HIV and AIDS who developed Burkitt's lymphoma, lactic acidosis and NICTH...
- A novel subtype of type 1 diabetes mellitus characterized by a rapid onset and an absence of diabetes-related antibodies. Osaka IDDM Study GroupA Imagawa
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
N Engl J Med 342:301-7. 2000....
- Use of insulin immunoassays in clinical studies involving rapid-acting insulin analogues: Bi-insulin IRMA preliminary assessmentArnaud Agin
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Louis Pasteur, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de recherche 7004, Institut de Physique Biologique, Strasbourg, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:1379-82. 2006..human insulin immunoassays have been widely used, but their limitations (including hemolysis and anti-insulin antibodies) were not fully investigated...
- Inhaled insulin for the treatment of diabetes: projects and devicesJean Louis Selam
Diabetes Research Center, 2492 Walnut Ave, Tustin, CA 92780, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:1373-7. 2003..The inhaled insulin group developed increased insulin antibodies. A total of 25% of the patients experienced cough after inhalation...
- Two-color electrophoretic immunoassay for simultaneous measurement of insulin and glucagon content in islets of LangerhansChristelle Guillo
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA
Electrophoresis 29:410-6. 2008..Insulin was quantified with FITC-insulin (Ins*) and anti-insulin antibodies (Ins Ab) and glucagon was quantified with Cy5-glucagon (Glu*) and anti-glucagon antibodies (Glu Ab)...
- Insulin antibodies are associated with lipoatrophy but also with lipohypertrophy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesK Raile
Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 109:393-6. 2001..To evaluate clinical and immunological factors that are associated with lipodystrophy, i.e. lipoatrophy and lipohypertrophy, in diabetic children and adolescents...
- Burkitt's lymphoma presenting with lactic acidosis and hypoglycemia - a case presentationJeffrey J Glasheen
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 46:281-3. 2005..Serum insulin, proinsulin and C-peptide levels were normal and insulin antibodies were negative. Insulin-like growth factors I and II were low, while thyroid and cortisol studies were normal...
- [Transitory neonatal diabetes]J Carretero Bellón
Unidad de Neonatologia, Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario Juan XXIII, Tarragona
An Esp Pediatr 54:394-6. 2001..During this time concentrations of insulin, cortisone, peptide C, insulin antibodies, anti-TPO, anti-TG, anti-GAD, anti-tyrosine-phosphatase and glycosylate hemoglobin were normal...
- Metabolic and immunologic effects of insulin lispro in gestational diabetesL Jovanovic
Sansum Medical Research Institute, Santa Barbara, California 93105, USA
Diabetes Care 22:1422-7. 1999..To compare the immunologic response to insulin lispro with that to regular human insulin, thereby assuring its safety for use in women with gestational diabetes, and to verify that it is effective...
- Early administration of an immunomodulator and induction of remission in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusC Giordano
Laboratory of Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Palermo, Italy
J Autoimmun 3:611-7. 1990..A reduction in anti-insulin antibodies (AIA) in Thy-treated patients was observed in comparison to conventionally treated IDDM starting from 6 ..
- [Diabetic ketoacidosis responsive to methotrexate in a patient with a mixed connective tissue disease]Victoria Novik A
Cátedra de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valparaiso, Viña del Mar Alto, Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:87-91. 2007..Anti insulin antibodies were not detected and anti islet antibodies were indeterminate, due to interference with antinuclear ..
- A case of insulin-induced localized lobular panniculitis with evidence for the phagocytosis of insulin by histiocytesIkki Shimizu
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Ehime Prefectural Central Hospital, Matsuyama, Japan
Endocr J 54:477-80. 2007..Thus, the phagocytosis of insulin by histiocytes appears to occur in this region. Therefore, the activation of subcutaneous macrophages by the complex of insulin and insulin antibodies may account for the initial autoimmune process.
- Chitosan-polyvinyl pyrrolidone hydrogels as candidate for islet immunoisolation: in vitro biocompatibility evaluationM Risbud
Tissue Engineering and Banking Laboratory, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune, India
Cell Transplant 9:25-31. 2000..M1 allowed regulated transport of insulin and did not allow anti-insulin antibodies to pass through...
- Camel milk as an adjuvant therapy for the treatment of type 1 diabetes: verification of a traditional ethnomedical practiceRagaa Hosny Mohamad
Cancer Biology Department, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Med Food 12:461-5. 2009..baseline and at 4 and 16 weeks: hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c), human C-peptide, lipid profile, serum insulin, anti-insulin antibodies, creatinine clearance, albumin in 24-hour urine, body mass index, and Diabetes Quality of Life score...
- Efficacy and safety of insulin glulisine in Japanese patients with type 1 diabetes mellitusR Kawamori
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, School of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:891-9. 2009..The rapid-acting insulin analogue insulin glulisine (glulisine) was compared with insulin lispro (lispro) for efficacy and safety in Japanese patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM), using insulin glargine (glargine) as basal insulin...
- In vitro insulin production and analysis of pancreatic transcription factors in induced human hepatic progenitor cellsAleem A Khan
Centre for Liver Research and Diagnostics, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, India
Diabetes Technol Ther 12:373-8. 2010..Hence, the present study was designed to analyze the feasibility of using primary human fetal hepatic progenitors as a potential source for insulin production...
- Intra-arterial liver chemotherapy and hormone therapy in malignant insulinoma: case report and review of the literatureL Moscetti
Department of Experimental Medicine, University La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Tumori 86:475-9. 2000..who developed liver metastases twelve years following resection of a pancreatic insulinoma positive to anti-insulin antibodies. With five cycles of intra-arterial locoregional chemotherapy (fluorouracil and epirubicin) to the liver and ..
- Immunological responses to exogenous insulinS Edwin Fineberg
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Endocr Rev 28:625-52. 2007..Little proof exists, however, that the development of insulin antibodies (IAs) to exogenous insulin therapy affects integrated glucose control, insulin dose requirements, and ..
- Immunohistochemical findings in the pancreatic islets of a patient with transfusional iron overload and diabetes: case reportMiyako Kishimoto
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Medicine, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Invest 57:345-9. 2010..Significantly lower levels of immunoreactivity with both insulin antibodies and proinsulin antibodies, but not with glucagon antibodies, was observed in the islet cells in the patient'..
- Plant-based corosolic acid: future anti-diabetic drug?Ganapathy Sivakumar
Arkansas Biosciences Institute, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR 72401, USA
Biotechnol J 4:1704-11. 2009..Corosolic acid may also have some efficacy in the treatment of diabetes, but without induction of anti-insulin antibodies. Recently, corosolic acid from Lagerstroemia speciosa L...
- No risk of diabetes after insulin-shock treatmentT Bock
Bartholin Instituttet, Kommunehospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Lancet 339:1504-6. 1992..blood glucose and plasma insulin concentrations, none had islet-cell antibodies, and only 2 had detectable insulin antibodies. Thus, the risk of diabetes was not increased by the use of many insulin injections in these non-diabetic ..
- Pancreatic islet fibrosis in rock hyraxes (Procavia capensis), Part 1: Case histories, clinical pathology, and epizootiologyKathryn C Gamble
Dallas Zoo and Aquarium at Fair Park, 650 S R L Thornton Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75203, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 35:361-9. 2004..Analysis of serum anti-islet and anti-insulin antibodies did not suggest autoimmune disease, and none of the animals had known exposure to toxic substances...
- The double whammy of endogenous insulin antibodies in non-diabetic subjectsAdel A A Ismail
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:153-6. 2008The presence of high affinity/avidity endogenous insulin antibodies in significant amounts in non-diabetic individuals could uniquely be a double whammy...
- Insulin lispro reduces insulin antibodies in a patient with type 2 diabetes with immunological insulin resistanceMahito Asai
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Asahikawa Medical College, 078 8510 Hokkaido, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 61:89-92. 2003..8%. The patient was subsequently withdrawn from insulin and discharged on diet therapy only. This case demonstrates that insulin lispro may ameliorate resistance to insulin therapy even in the presence of human insulin antibodies.
- Efficacy and safety of inhaled human insulin (Exubera) compared to subcutaneous insulin in children ages 6 to 11 years with type 1 diabetes mellitus: results of a 3-month, randomized, parallel trialNeil H White
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 21:555-68. 2008..To compare the efficacy and safety of Exubera (EXU) with subcutaneous (SC) insulin in children, ages 6-11 years, with type 1 diabetes mellitus...
- Exploring the idiotypes of insulin antibodies as markers for remission in Type 1 diabetesD Devendra
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth Campus, Plymouth, UK
Diabet Med 21:1316-24. 2004..We created idiotype-specific reagents to explore the idiotypes of insulin antibodies (IA) in a patient in remission, and to compare with a patient who was not.
- The interference of insulin antibodies in insulin immunometric assaysRemy Sapin
Unite d Analyses Endocriniennes, CNRS UMR 7004, Universite Louis Pasteur, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:705-8. 2002We investigated the interference of insulin antibodies in two insulin immunometric assays (Bio-Rad and Elecsys) by measuring direct and free insulin in plasma from 30 patients without insulin antibodies (group 1), as screened by a ..
- Insulin Autoimmune Syndrome possibly caused by alpha lipoic acidYuichiro Takeuchi
Department of Geriatrics, Shinshu University, Matsumoto, Japan
Intern Med 46:237-9. 2007..A high insulin level and high titers of insulin antibodies were detected. His HLA genotype contains DRB1* 0406...
- Preservation of Beta Cells by Glutamate DecarboxylaseDiane Wherrett; Fiscal Year: 2007..for antibodies to insulin, IA-2, and GAD (and ICA in those with 1 positive antibody), if 2 of GAD, IA-2 or insulin antibodies are greater than the 97th percentile, then; staging with intravenous glucose tolerance test (IVGTT) to ..
- ENDOGENOUS AND EXOGENOUS INSULIN IN DIABETES MELLITUSDavid Horwitz; Fiscal Year: 1980..By studying the free insulin levels needed to obtain normal glucose values, we can evaluate the roles of exogenous insulin and insulin antibodies in affecting glucose tolerance in the diabetic patient.
- GENETIC ORIGIN AND STRUCTURE OF INSULIN ANTIBODIESJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2001..Spontaneous insulin antibodies may accompany systemic autoimmune disorders and are recognized as part of the autoimmune prodrome of type I ..
- HLA IN FAMILIES WITH IDD AND NIDD--DISTINCT SUBSETMiriam Segall; Fiscal Year: 1992..sex, age at onset, weight history, and treatment history; acute-phase insulin response; and islet-cell and insulin antibodies. These combined studies will help to determine whether there is a "Type X" form of diabetes which can ..
- International Congress of the Immunology of Diabetes SocGeorge Eisenbarth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Travel grants for young investigators will be chosen by numerical rating of submitted abstracts and additional travel funding will be applied to plenary lectures chosen by the international organizing committee. ..
- Antibodies to Recombinant Autoantigens: PredictionGeorge Eisenbarth; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- OVARIAN HORMONAL CONTROL OF MEAL SIZENORCROSS GEARY; Fiscal Year: 2008..8) Determine the tonic and phasic effects of estradiol on glutamate synaptogenesis in the brainstem by using immunocytochemical detection of synaptic proteins. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENE ENVIRONMENT STUDY OF TYPE 2 DIABETES IN FAMILIESJill Norris; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Chromium and Insulin ActionWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Analgesic tolerance to mu-delta opioid bivalent ligandsNATALIE LENARD; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) To determine whether tolerance and physical dependence develop during chronic administration of the opioid receptor bivalent ligands. ..
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT FOR PREVENTION OF VISCERAL OBESITYWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Chromium, Cellular Energy Status and Whole Body Energy BalanceWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Fellowship Training in Pediatric Diabetes at WUMSNeil White; Fiscal Year: 2007..The success of this program will be realized as its participants enter the ranks of leadership as physician-scientists in pediatric diabetes over the next decades [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Career Development in Pediatric Diabetes at WUMSNeil White; Fiscal Year: 2005..The success of this program will be realized as its participants enter the ranks of leadership as physician-scientists in pediatric diabetes over the next decades. ..
- GENETICS OF ADIPOSITY AND GLUCOSE HOMEOSTASISJill Norris; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CALORIC RESTRICTION, AGING, AND INSULIN ACTIONWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- CONTROL OF ALCOHOL INTAKE BY BRAIN-GUT PEPTIDESNORCROSS GEARY; Fiscal Year: 2003..The work will be closely coordinated, and we expect this cooperative effort to be very productive. ..