Genomes and Genes
Summary: A class of immunoglobulin bearing mu chains (IMMUNOGLOBULIN MU-CHAINS). IgM can fix COMPLEMENT. The name comes from its high molecular weight and originally being called a macroglobulin.
Publications302 found, 100 shown here
- Initial B-cell responses to transmitted human immunodeficiency virus type 1: virion-binding immunoglobulin M (IgM) and IgG antibodies followed by plasma anti-gp41 antibodies with ineffective control of initial viremiaGeorgia D Tomaras
Duke Human Vaccine Institute, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Virol 82:12449-63. 2008..These results demonstrate that the first IgM and IgG antibodies induced by transmitted HIV-1 are capable of binding virions but have little impact on acute-phase viremia at the timing and magnitude that they occur in natural infection...
- Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide and IgA rheumatoid factor predict the development of rheumatoid arthritisSolbritt Rantapaa-Dahlqvist
Umea Universitet, Umea, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 48:2741-9. 2003....
- The double life of a B-1 cell: self-reactivity selects for protective effector functionsNicole Baumgarth
Center for Comparative Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 11:34-46. 2011....
- Human B1 cells in umbilical cord and adult peripheral blood express the novel phenotype CD20+ CD27+ CD43+ CD70-Daniel O Griffin
Elmezzi Graduate School of Molecular Medicine and Center and for Oncology and Cell Biology, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
J Exp Med 208:67-80. 2011..Identification of human B1 cells provides a foundation for future studies on the nature and role of these cells in human disease...
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay specific to Dengue virus type 1 nonstructural protein NS1 reveals circulation of the antigen in the blood during the acute phase of disease in patients experiencing primary or secondary infectionsSophie Alcon
Unité des Arbovirus et Virus des Fièvres Hémorragiques, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Clin Microbiol 40:376-81. 2002..protein could be detected even when viral RNA was negative in reverse transcriptase-PCR or in the presence of immunoglobulin M antibodies...
- Class switch recombination and hypermutation require activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID), a potential RNA editing enzymeM Muramatsu
Department of Medical Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Japan
Cell 102:553-63. 2000..These results suggest that AID may be involved in regulation or catalysis of the DNA modification step of both class switching and somatic hypermutation...
- Oxidation-specific epitopes are dominant targets of innate natural antibodies in mice and humansMeng Yun Chou
Department of Medicine, UCSD, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1335-49. 2009..These findings provide novel insights into the functions of NAbs in mediating host homeostasis and into their roles in health and diseases, such as chronic inflammatory diseases and atherosclerosis...
- High-throughput immunoglobulin repertoire analysis distinguishes between human IgM memory and switched memory B-cell populationsYu Chang Wu
Department of Immunobiology, King s College London School of Medicine, London, UK
Blood 116:1070-8. 2010..Thus we conclude that a large proportion of IgM memory cells develop in response to different stimuli than for class-switched memory cell development...
- IgT, a primitive immunoglobulin class specialized in mucosal immunityYong an Zhang
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nat Immunol 11:827-35. 2010..IgT coated most intestinal bacteria. As IgT and IgA are phylogenetically distant immunoglobulins, their specialization into mucosal responses probably occurred independently by a process of convergent evolution...
- IL-5 links adaptive and natural immunity specific for epitopes of oxidized LDL and protects from atherosclerosisChristoph J Binder
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0682, USA
J Clin Invest 114:427-37. 2004..Thus, IL-5 links adaptive and natural immunity specific to epitopes of OxLDL and protects from atherosclerosis, in part by stimulating the expansion of atheroprotective natural IgM specific for OxLDL...
- Marked differences in fine specificity and isotype usage of the anti-citrullinated protein antibody in health and diseaseAndreea Ioan-Facsinay
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 58:3000-8. 2008..In order to identify the features that could confer its pathogenicity, we extensively characterized this antibody response in a unique North American native population of patients with RA and their unaffected relatives...
- The importance of natural IgM: scavenger, protector and regulatorMichael R Ehrenstein
Centre for Rheumatology, Division of Medicine, University College London, Windeyer Institute of Medical Science, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1P 4JF, UK
Nat Rev Immunol 10:778-86. 2010....
- Diagnosis and management of human cytomegalovirus infection in the mother, fetus, and newborn infantMaria Grazia Revello
Servizio di Virologia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Rev 15:680-715. 2002..of primary infection is required in the pregnant woman based on the most sensitive serologic assays (immunoglobulin M [IgM] and IgG avidity assays) and conventional virologic and molecular procedures for virus detection in ..
- A critical role for induced IgM in the protection against West Nile virus infectionMichael S Diamond
Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Box 8051, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Exp Med 198:1853-62. 2003..Thus, the induction of a specific, neutralizing IgM response early in the course of WNV infection limits viremia and dissemination into the central nervous system, and protects against lethal infection...
- Cellular and humoral factors involved in the response of rainbow trout gills to Ichthyophthirius multifiliis infections: molecular and immunohistochemical studiesMoonika M Olsen
Laboratory of Aquatic Pathobiology, Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Stigbøjlen 7, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Fish Shellfish Immunol 30:859-69. 2011..multifiliis...
- Teleost fish mount complex clonal IgM and IgT responses in spleen upon systemic viral infectionRosario Castro
Virologie et Immunologie Moléculaires, INRA, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003098. 2013..Thus, it appears that the general properties of antibody responses were already in place in common ancestors of fish and mammals, and were globally conserved during evolution with possible functional convergences...
- Experimental evidence for direct in situ binding of IgM and IgT to early trophonts of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis (Fouquet) in the gills of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum)L von Gersdorff Jørgensen
Laboratory of Aquatic Pathobiology, Section of Biomedicine, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Fish Dis 34:749-55. 2011..This study indicates that antibodies play an important part in the protection of immune fish against Ich although additional humoral and cellular factors may contribute to this reaction...
- MYD88 L265P in Waldenström macroglobulinemia, immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathy, and other B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders using conventional and quantitative allele-specific polymerase chain reactionLian Xu
Bing Center for Waldenstrom s Macroglobulinemia, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 121:2051-8. 2013..MYD88 L265P was absent in 90% of immunoglobulin M (IgM) monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) patients...
- Immunodeficiency in protein kinase cbeta-deficient miceM Leitges
Max Delbruck Laboratorium in der Max Planck Gesellschaft, Carl von Linne Weg 10, D 50829 Köln, Germany
Science 273:788-91. 1996..Thus PKC-betaI and PKC-betaII play an important role in B cell activation and may be functionally linked to Bruton's tyrosine kinase in antigen receptor-mediated signal transduction...
- Homeostasis of peripheral B cells in the absence of B cell influx from the bone marrowZ Hao
Department of Immunology, Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Exp Med 194:1151-64. 2001..Mice in which RAG-2 was deleted at birth maintained a small population of activated B cells with an increased proportion of marginal zone B cells. Additionally, an increase of the pool of IgM secreting cells and B-1a cells was observed...
- Clinical assessment and improved diagnosis of bocavirus-induced wheezing in children, FinlandMaria Söderlund-Venermo
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1423-30. 2009..Among children with bronchiolitis, >25% had acute HBoV infections. Accurate HBoV diagnosis requires serologic analysis or PCR of serum; PCR of NPAs alone is insufficient...
- Lipoptosis: tumor-specific cell death by antibody-induced intracellular lipid accumulationTina Pohle
Institute of Pathology, University Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Cancer Res 64:3900-6. 2004..This is, to our knowledge, the first description of this specific form of lipo-apoptosis as an antibody-mediated mechanism of tumor cell killing...
- Current advances in dengue diagnosisPei Yun Shu
Division of Laboratory Research and Development, Center for Disease Control, Department of Health, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:642-50. 2004
- Different B cell populations mediate early and late memory during an endogenous immune responseKathryn A Pape
Department of Microbiology, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Science 331:1203-7. 2011..Thus, we propose that memory relies on swIg(+) cells until they disappear and serum immunoglobulin falls to a low level, in which case memory resides with durable IgM(+) reserves...
- Pneumococcal vaccination decreases atherosclerotic lesion formation: molecular mimicry between Streptococcus pneumoniae and oxidized LDLChristoph J Binder
Divisions of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0682 USA
Nat Med 9:736-43. 2003..These studies show molecular mimicry between epitopes of oxLDL and S. pneumoniae and indicate that these immune responses can have beneficial effects...
- Persistent arthralgia associated with chikungunya virus: a study of 88 adult patients on reunion islandGianandrea Borgherini
Service de Pneumologie et Maladies Infectieuses, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
Clin Infect Dis 47:469-75. 2008..An outbreak of chikungunya virus infection occurred on Reunion Island during the period 2005-2006. Persistent arthralgia after chikungunya virus infection has been reported, but few studies have treated this aspect of the disease...
- Identification of autoantibody clusters that best predict lupus disease activity using glomerular proteome arraysQuan Zhen Li
Department of Internal Medicine Rheumatology, Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8884, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3428-39. 2005..Hence, the glomerular proteome array promises to be a powerful analytical tool for uncovering novel autoantibody disease associations and for distinguishing patients at high risk for end-organ disease...
- Low levels of IgM antibodies to phosphorylcholine predict cardiovascular disease in 60-year old men: effects on uptake of oxidized LDL in macrophages as a potential mechanismUlf de Faire
Division of Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Autoimmun 34:73-9. 2010..We here determine the role of IgM antibodies against phosphorylcholine (anti-PC) in prediction of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and on macrophage uptake of Oxidized LDL (OxLDL)...
- B-1 and B-2 cell-derived immunoglobulin M antibodies are nonredundant components of the protective response to influenza virus infectionN Baumgarth
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Exp Med 192:271-80. 2000....
- Obesity-associated autoantibody production requires AIM to retain the immunoglobulin M immune complex on follicular dendritic cellsSatoko Arai
Laboratory of Molecular Biomedicine for Pathogenesis, Center for Disease Biology and Integrative Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Cell Rep 3:1187-98. 2013Natural immunoglobulin M (IgM) is reactive to autoantigens and is believed to be important for autoimmunity...
- Diagnostic and prognostic value of alpha-fetoprotein, des-γ-carboxy prothrombin and squamous cell carcinoma antigen immunoglobulin M complexes in hepatocellular carcinomaG Bertino
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, Catania University, Catania, Italy
Minerva Med 102:363-71. 2011..the accuracy of α-fetoprotein (AFP), des-γ- carboxy prothrombin (DCP), squamous cell carcinoma antigen-immunoglobulin M complexes (SCCA-IgM Cs) in the early diagnosis and in the prognosis of HCC...
- Validation of a microsphere-based immunoassay for detection of anti-West Nile virus and anti-St. Louis encephalitis virus immunoglobulin m antibodiesAlison J Johnson
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector Borne and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3150 Rampart Rd, Foothills Campus, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1084-93. 2007..Louis encephalitis (SLE) virus immunoglobulin M (IgM) antibodies in human serum or cerebrospinal fluid...
- Immunoglobulin M is required for protection against atherosclerosis in low-density lipoprotein receptor-deficient miceMyles J Lewis
BHF Cardiovascular Medicine Unit, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London, W12 0NN, UK
Circulation 120:417-26. 2009b>Immunoglobulin M (IgM) natural antibodies bind oxidatively-modified low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and apoptotic cells and have been implicated as being important for protection against atherosclerosis...
- Molecular footprints of a germinal center derivation of human IgM+(IgD+)CD27+ B cells and the dynamics of memory B cell generationMarc Seifert
Institute of Cell Biology Cancer Research, University of Duisburg Essen, Medical School, D 45122 Essen, Germany
J Exp Med 206:2659-69. 2009..This provides novel insights into the dynamics of GC reactions and the generation of a memory B cell repertoire...
- Mice transgenic for BAFF develop lymphocytic disorders along with autoimmune manifestationsF Mackay
Department of Immunology, Inflammation and Cell Biology, Biogen, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Exp Med 190:1697-710. 1999..This phenotype is reminiscent of certain human autoimmune disorders and suggests that dysregulation of BAFF expression may be a critical element in the chain of events leading to autoimmunity...
- Natural human antibodies to pneumococcus have distinctive molecular characteristics and protect against pneumococcal diseaseH E Baxendale
Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 151:51-60. 2008..4 (+/-4.2) and selective use of IGHD6 (P < 0.001) and IGHJ6 (P < 0.01) family genes. The clones expressing IGHV1-69 and IGHV 3-21 provided significant passive protection against invasive pneumococcal disease in vivo...
- Immunoglobulin secretion by B1 cells: differential intensity and IRF4-dependence of spontaneous IgM secretion by peritoneal and splenic B1 cellsNichol E Holodick
Center for Oncology and Cell Biology, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, NY, USA
Eur J Immunol 40:3007-16. 2010....
- Evaluation of the Panbio dengue virus nonstructural 1 antigen detection and immunoglobulin M antibody enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for the diagnosis of acute dengue infections in LaosStuart D Blacksell
Wellcome Trust Mahosot Hospital Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Collaboration, Microbiology Laboratory, Mahosot Hospital, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 60:43-9. 2008..enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) for the diagnosis of dengue infection; one a serologic test for immunoglobulin M (IgM) antibodies, the other based on detection of dengue virus nonstructural 1 (NS1) antigen...
- Size-selectivity of the glomerular barrier to high molecular weight proteins: upper size limitations of shunt pathwaysJ Tencer
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Kidney Int 53:709-15. 1998..We postulate that very large macromolecules like IgM will not pass the glomerular filter at all under normal conditions, whereas the urine concentration of alpha2-macroglobulin will normally be extremely low...
- Human marginal zone B cellsJean Claude Weill
INSERM U783, Développement du Système Immunitaire, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Site Necker Enfants Malades, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
Annu Rev Immunol 27:267-85. 2009....
- Maintenance of serological memory by polyclonal activation of human memory B cellsNadia L Bernasconi
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Via Vela 6, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Science 298:2199-202. 2002..Although antigen boosting leads to a transient increase in specific antibody levels, ongoing polyclonal activation of memory B cells offers a means to maintain serological memory for a human lifetime...
- Role of natural and immune IgM antibodies in immune responsesM Boes
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Building D2, 200 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Immunol 37:1141-9. 2000..New developments regarding the function of both immune IgM antibodies and natural IgM antibodies will be examined here...
- IgM anti-dsDNA antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus: negative association with nephritis. SLE Study GroupT Witte
Abteilung Klinische Immunologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Rheumatol Int 18:85-91. 1998..IgM anti-dsDNA antibodies indicate protection of lupus patients against the development of lupus nephritis. Further experiments will show whether application of IgM anti-dsDNA antibodies is effective in treating lupus nephritis...
- Specific autoantibodies precede the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis: a study of serial measurements in blood donorsMarkus M J Nielen
Jan van Breemen Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:380-6. 2004..The present study was undertaken to investigate this...
- Clonal expansion of immunoglobulin M+CD27+ B cells in HCV-associated mixed cryoglobulinemiaEdgar D Charles
Center for the Study of Hepatitis C, Laboratory of Virology and Infectious Disease, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 111:1344-56. 2008..Here we demonstrate that certain HCV(+)MC(+) subjects have clonal expansions of immunoglobulin M (IgM)(+)kappa(+)IgD(low/-)CD21(low)CD27(+) B cells...
- Discovery of a unique Ig heavy-chain isotype (IgT) in rainbow trout: Implications for a distinctive B cell developmental pathway in teleost fishJohn D Hansen
Western Fisheries Research Center, Biological Resources Division and Department of Pathobiology, U S Geological Survey and University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6919-24. 2005..All three isotypes are primarily expressed in the spleen and pronephros (bone marrow equivalent), and ontogenically, expression of IgT is present 4 d before hatching in developing embryos...
- Rapid serological assays for leptospirosis are of limited value in southern VietnamJ F P Wagenaar
Division of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Academic Medical Center F4 217, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 98:843-50. 2004..The lateral-flow assay is not specific enough. The card-agglutination test is possibly better but, because of the low incidence, its sensitivity could not be evaluated adequately in the present study...
- The immune responses in CD40-deficient mice: impaired immunoglobulin class switching and germinal center formationT Kawabe
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Immunity 1:167-78. 1994..These results suggest that CD40 is essential for T cell-dependent immunoglobulin class switching and germinal center formation, but not for in vivo T cell-dependent IgM responses and T cell-independent antibody responses...
- A novel mouse with B cells but lacking serum antibody reveals an antibody-independent role for B cells in murine lupusO T Chan
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Exp Med 189:1639-48. 1999....
- Requirement for B cell linker protein (BLNK) in B cell developmentR Pappu
Center for Immunology, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Science 286:1949-54. 1999..Only a small percentage of immunoglobulin M++ (IgM++), but not mature IgMloIgDhi, B cells were detected in the periphery...
- Accelerated development of IgG autoantibodies and autoimmune disease in the absence of secreted IgMM Boes
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:1184-9. 2000..These findings suggest that secreted IgM, including IgM autoantibodies produced naturally or as part of an autoimmune response, may lessen the severity of autoimmune pathology associated with IgG autoantibodies...
- Standardization of immunoglobulin M capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for routine diagnosis of arboviral infectionsD A Martin
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Public Health Service, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:1823-6. 2000b>Immunoglobulin M antibody-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (MAC-ELISA) is a rapid and versatile diagnostic method that readily permits the combination of multiple assays...
- Regulation of dendritic cells and macrophages by an anti-apoptotic cell natural antibody that suppresses TLR responses and inhibits inflammatory arthritisYifang Chen
Laboratory of B Cell Immunobiology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Immunol 183:1346-59. 2009..These studies identify and characterize a previously unknown regulatory circuit by which a NAb product of innate-like B cells aids homeostasis by control of fundamental inflammatory pathways...
- Persistence of virus-reactive serum immunoglobulin m antibody in confirmed west nile virus encephalitis casesJohn T Roehrig
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 9:376-9. 2003..Of those patients bled, 7 (60%) of 12 had anti-WNV IgM at approximately 500 days after onset. Clinicians should be cautious when interpreting serologic results from early season WNV IgM-positive patients...
- Diagnosis of dengue virus infection by detection of specific immunoglobulin M (IgM) and IgA antibodies in serum and salivaAngel Balmaseda
National Center for Diagnosis and Reference, Ministry of Health, Granada, Nicaragua
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:317-22. 2003..approaches to the serological diagnosis of dengue virus (DEN) infection, the detection of DEN-specific immunoglobulin M (IgM) and IgA antibodies in serum and saliva specimens was assessed in 147 patients with symptoms of DEN ..
- Kinetics of non-structural protein 1, IgM and IgG antibodies in dengue type 1 primary infectionDongmei Hu
Center for Clinical Laboratory, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, PR China
Virol J 8:47. 2011....
- Cutting edge: lung mucosal Th17-mediated responses induce polymeric Ig receptor expression by the airway epithelium and elevate secretory IgA levelsZeina Jaffar
Center for Environmental Health Sciences, Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Montana, Missoula, MT 59812, USA
J Immunol 182:4507-11. 2009..These findings support a key role for Th17 cells in pulmonary immune defense against respiratory pathogens by promoting pIgR-mediated transport of secretory IgA and IgM into the airway...
- Evaluation of commercially available anti-dengue virus immunoglobulin M testsElizabeth A Hunsperger
Serology Diagnostics and Viral Pathogenesis Research Section, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Emerg Infect Dis 15:436-40. 2009Anti-dengue virus immunoglobulin M kits were evaluated. Test sensitivities were 21%-99% and specificities were 77%-98% compared with reference ELISAs. False-positive results were found for patients with malaria or past dengue infections...
- Deteriorating pneumococcal-specific B-cell memory in minimally symptomatic African children with HIV infectionOluwadamilola H Iwajomo
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 204:534-43. 2011....
- A human IgM signals axon outgrowth: coupling lipid raft to microtubulesXiaohua Xu
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Neurochem 119:100-12. 2011..We propose that the pentameric structure of the IgM is critical to cross-link membrane lipids and proteins resulting in signaling cascades...
- National prevalence estimates for cytomegalovirus IgM and IgG avidity and association between high IgM antibody titer and low IgG aviditySheila C Dollard
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:1895-9. 2011..Both IgM and IgG avidity measurements provide useful clinical information for evaluating primary CMV infection, although commercial tests for CMV IgG avidity are not yet widely available in the United States...
- Detection of immune-complex-dissociated nonstructural-1 antigen in patients with acute dengue virus infectionsPenelopie Koraka
Laboratory for Exotic Viral Infections, Institute of Virology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 41:4154-9. 2003..In the presence of DEN-specific immunoglobulin M antibodies, both viral RNA and DEN (NS-1) antigen could be detected...
- Diagnostic accuracy of a loop-mediated isothermal PCR assay for detection of Orientia tsutsugamushi during acute Scrub Typhus infectionDaniel H Paris
Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Programme, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1307. 2011..There is an urgent need to develop rapid and accurate point-of-care (POC) technologies for acute scrub typhus diagnosis in low-resource, primary health care settings to guide clinical therapy...
- Evaluation of an immunoglobulin M capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for diagnosis of Orientia tsutsugamushi infectionWon Jong Jang
Department of Microbiology, Kon Kuk University College of Medicine, Choongju si, Choongbuk 380 701, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:394-8. 2003..We developed an immunoglobulin M (IgM) capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for diagnosis of recent Orientia tsutsugamushi ..
- Simple and fast lateral flow test for classification of leprosy patients and identification of contacts with high risk of developing leprosyS Buhrer-Sekula
KIT Royal Tropical Institute Biomedical Research, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 41:1991-5. 2003..2%. The ML Flow test is a fast and easy-to-perform method for the detection of immunoglobulin M antibodies to PGL-I of M. leprae...
- Urine IgM-excretion as a prognostic marker for progression of type 2 diabetic nephropathyRafid Tofik
Department of Nephrology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 95:139-44. 2012..In the present follow-up study we examine the prognostic value of baseline urine IgM excretion in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Patients with irritable bowel syndrome and dysmotility express antibodies against gonadotropin-releasing hormone in serumB Ohlsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Gastroenterology Division, Skånes University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:1000-6, e459. 2011..The aim of this study was to screen for the presence of GnRH antibodies in healthy subjects and patients with gastrointestinal (GI) diseases...
- Analysis of eight commercial enzyme immunoassay tests for detection of antibodies to Mycoplasma pneumoniae in human serumDeborah F Talkington
Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:862-7. 2004..Results from acute-phase sera ranged from only 7 (14%) positive by ImmunoWELL (GenBio) immunoglobulin M (IgM) EIA to 23 (45%) positive by Zeus IgG EIA...
- Immunological arousal during acute Q fever infectionM Vardi
Department of Medicine, Internal Medicine Division, Carmel Medical Center, 7 Michal Street, Haifa 34362, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:1527-30. 2011..Acute Q fever induces a non-specific immunological arousal in a significant number of patients. This may interfere with diagnosis and delay treatment. Caution, clinical judgment and serological follow-up is warranted in such conditions...
- Pathogenic natural antibodies recognizing annexin IV are required to develop intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injuryLiudmila Kulik
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 182:5363-73. 2009..These data in toto identify annexin IV as a key ischemia-related target Ag that is recognized by natural Abs in a pathologic process required in vivo to develop intestinal IR injury...
- Cytokines, autoantibodies and viral antibodies in premorbid and postdiagnostic sera from patients with rheumatoid arthritis: case-control study nested in a cohort of Norwegian blood donorsK T Jørgensen
Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institut, 5 Artillerivej, DK 2300 Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 67:860-6. 2008..To assess the timing of changes in cytokines, cytokine-related markers, autoantibodies and viral antibodies in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- High diagnostic efficiency of IgM-ELISA with the use of multiple antigen peptides (MAP1) from T. gondii ESA (SAG-1, GRA-1 and GRA-7), in acute toxoplasmosisPatrícia Regina Barboza Araújo
Institute of Tropical Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 52:63-8. 2010..Our results show that IgM antibodies to MAP1 may be useful as a serological marker, enhancing the diagnostic efficiency of the assay for acute/recent phase of toxoplasmosis...
- Evaluation of a rapid assay for detection of IgM antibodies to chikungunyaPornpimol Rianthavorn
Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 41:92-6. 2010..Thus, the rapid assay should not be used as a screening tool during the first week of CHIK due to its low sensitivity...
- Use of serological assays for diagnosis of hepatitis E virus genotype 1 and 3 infections in a setting of low endemicityM Herremans
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, RIVM, Diagnostic Laboratory for Infectious Diseases and Perinatal Screening, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:562-8. 2007..enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and the RecomBlot from Mikrogen for the detection of HEV-specific immunoglobulin M (IgM) and IgG under conditions of low endemicity...
- Prevalence of primary versus reactivated Epstein-Barr virus infection in patients with VCA IgG-, VCA IgM- and EBNA-1-antibodies and suspected infectious mononucleosisTone Wikene Nystad
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The Gade Institute, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Clin Virol 38:292-7. 2007....
- The human IgM antibody SAM-6 induces tumor-specific apoptosis with oxidized low-density lipoproteinStephanie Brandlein
Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, 97080 Germany
Mol Cancer Ther 6:326-33. 2007..g., by free fatty acids) is under investigation. However, the present data indicate that the SAM-6 antibody induces an intrinsic-like form of apoptosis by overfeeding malignant cells with lipoproteins...
- Early diagnosis of Dengue infection using a commercial Dengue Duo rapid test kit for the detection of NS1, IGM, and IGGSeok Mui Wang
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:690-5. 2010..Duo rapid test kit was evaluated for early dengue diagnosis by detection of dengue virus NS1 antigen and immunoglobulin M (IgM)/IgG antibodies...
- Development of an IgM-capture ELISA for Coxsackievirus A16 infectionFeihai Xu
National Institute of Diagnostics and Vaccine Development in Infectious Disease, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
J Virol Methods 171:107-10. 2011..The cross-reaction rate in patients infected with other non-CA16 enteroviruses was 9.7% (14/144). These results suggest that the IgM anti-CA16 assay offers a rapid, convenient, and reliable method to detect acute CA16 infections...
- Inhibition of lupus disease by anti-double-stranded DNA antibodies of the IgM isotype in the (NZB x NZW)F1 mouseSonja Werwitzke
Department of Clinical Immunology 6830, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 52:3629-38. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine whether anti-dsDNA antibodies of the IgM isotype protect against IC-mediated organ damage in SLE...
- Seroprevalence of Chikungunya virus infection on Grande Comore Island, union of the Comoros, 2005Kibet Sergon
Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program, Nairobi, Kenya Ministry of Health, Moroni, Comoros
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:1189-93. 2007..The findings suggest that CHIKV was broadly transmitted during the outbreak with a high attack rate. Although not fatal during this outbreak, CHIKV infection caused significant morbidity and decreased economic productivity...
- Persistence of West Nile virus immunoglobulin M antibodies, GreeceAnna Papa
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Med Virol 83:1857-60. 2011..A sharp decrease in the IgM levels was observed, mainly in patients who had high IgM index value in the acute phase. All patients were WNV IgG positive at the follow-up...
- Changing clinico-laboratory profile of encephalitis patients in the eastern Uttar Pradesh region of IndiaGirish Chandra Bhatt
PGIMER, Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi, India
Trop Doct 42:106-8. 2012..A fatal outcome was independently associated with peripheral vascular failure and pallor at the time of admission. Early recognition of these signs may help clinicians to manage these cases...
- Health care workers humoral immune response against GLcB, MPT51 and HSPX from Mycobacterium tuberculosisMichelle Cristina Guerreiro dos Reis
Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:417-21. 2009..Antibody levels varied according to antigen characteristics, TST and BCG status. We suggest that possibly the presence of those antibodies could have a function in the protective immune response against Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- Evaluation of immunoglobulin M (IgM) and IgG enzyme immunoassays in serologic diagnosis of West Nile Virus infectionG Tardei
Institute of Virology, Bucharest, Romania
J Clin Microbiol 38:2232-9. 2000..Anti-WN virus IgM antibody in acute-phase samples did not cross-react significantly with flaviviruses in other antigenic groups...
- Novel Treponema pallidum serologic tests: a paradigm shift in syphilis screening for the 21st centuryArlene C Sena
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:700-8. 2010..Clinicians need to understand the science behind these tests to use them properly in syphilis management...
- Natural IgM in immune equilibrium and harnessing their therapeutic potentialSrini V Kaveri
INSERM Unité 872, Paris, F 75006, France
J Immunol 188:939-45. 2012....
- Natural antibodies and cancerH Peter Vollmers
Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Autoimmun 29:295-302. 2007..Natural IgMs bind to conservative structures because they are coded by a limited set of genes and they use apoptosis, the "clean" way of killing, to avoid inflammatory processes...
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2 glycoprotein C prevents complement-mediated neutralization induced by natural immunoglobulin M antibodyLauren M Hook
Infectious Disease Division, Department of Medicine, 502 Johnson Pavilion, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6073, USA
J Virol 80:4038-46. 2006..Interestingly, natural immunoglobulin M antibodies bound to virus, which triggered activation of C1q and the classical complement pathway...
- Accuracy of AccessBio Immunoglobulin M and Total Antibody Rapid Immunochromatographic Assays for the Diagnosis of Acute Scrub Typhus InfectionStuart D Blacksell
Mahidol University Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit MORU, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, 420 6 Rajvithi Rd, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:263-6. 2010..7 to 97.3%), respectively. For the detection of total antibodies, the sensitivity was 97.6% (122/125 samples; 95% CI, 93.1 to 99.5%), but the specificity was much lower, at 71.4% (75/105 samples; 95% CI, 61.8 to 79.8%)...
- Mannan-binding lectin deficiency modulates the humoral immune response dependent on the genetic environmentMarieta Ruseva
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Immunology 127:279-88. 2009..After primary challenge with the antigen the immunoglobulin M anti-HBsAg antibody titres were threefold higher in the MBL DKO mice than in the wild-type mice...
- IgM antibodies against dsDNA in SLETorsten Witte
Abteilung Klinische Immunologie und Rheumatologie, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 34:345-7. 2008..Furthermore, the clearance of pathogenic immune complexes may be improved by IgM. Therefore, IgM antibodies against dsDNA are indeed protective and may be a new treatment modality of lupus nephritis in humans...
- B cell depletion reduces the development of atherosclerosis in miceHafid Ait-Oufella
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unit 970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, 75015 Paris, France
J Exp Med 207:1579-87. 2010..These results challenge the current paradigm that B cell activation plays an overall protective role in atherogenesis and identify new antiatherogenic strategies based on B cell modulation...
- Physiological dose of lycopene suppressed oxidative stress and enhanced serum levels of immunoglobulin M in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus: a possible role in the prevention of long-term complicationsT R Neyestani
Laboratory of Nutrition Research, National Nutrition and Food Technology Research Institute and Faculty of Nutritional Sciences and Food Technology, Shaheed Beheshti, University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Endocrinol Invest 30:833-8. 2007..This study was undertaken to evaluate the antioxidant effects of lycopene in physiological doses and its possible effects on the immune response in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Toxoplasma gondii infection and schizophrenia: a case control study in a low Toxoplasma seroprevalence Mexican populationCosme Alvarado-Esquivel
Faculty of Medicine, Juárez University of Durango State, Avenida Universidad S N esquina Fanny Anitua, 34000 Durango, Dgo, Mexico
Parasitol Int 60:151-5. 2011..6) than in those with paranoid schizophrenia (F20.0) (P=0.02). This study provides elements to clarify the controversial information on the association of T. gondii infection and schizophrenia...
- Evaluation of immunoglobulin M and G capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay Panbio kits for diagnostic dengue infectionsSusana Vazquez
Pedro Kouri Tropical Medicine Institute, PAHO WHO Collaborating Center for the Study of Dengue and its Vector, Havana City, Cuba
J Clin Virol 39:194-8. 2007..Serological assays are widely used to confirm dengue virus infections and to differentiate between a primary and a secondary infection...
- B1b lymphocytes confer T cell-independent long-lasting immunityKishore R Alugupalli
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
Immunity 21:379-90. 2004..These data demonstrate that B1b lymphocytes can provide long-lasting T cell-independent IgM memory...
- Circulating CD21low B cells in common variable immunodeficiency resemble tissue homing, innate-like B cellsMirzokhid Rakhmanov
Centre of Chronic Immunodeficiency and Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13451-6. 2009..Therefore, as a result of the close resemblance to the gene expression profile, phenotype, function and preferential tissue homing of murine B1 B cells, we suggest that CD21(low) B cells represent a human innate-like B cell population...
- Immunoglobulin M antibodies to aquaporin-4 in neuromyelitis optica and related disordersSven Jarius
Division of Molecular Neuroimmunology, Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 48:659-63. 2010..The frequency and diagnostic relevance of immunoglobulin M (IgM) antibodies to aquaporin-4 (AQP4-IgM) in patients with NMO is essentially not known...
- Performance of detecting IgM antibodies against enterovirus 71 for early diagnosisFeihai Xu
National Institute of Diagnostics and Vaccine Development in Infectious Disease, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
PLoS ONE 5:e11388. 2010..4%. In conclusion, the data here presented show that the detection of IgM anti-EV71 by ELISA affords a reliable, convenient, and prompt diagnosis of EV71 infection...
- A critical role of natural immunoglobulin M in immediate defense against systemic bacterial infectionM Boes
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Exp Med 188:2381-6. 1998..These findings demonstrate a critical role of natural IgM in the immediate defense against severe bacterial infection...
- Predictors of response to rituximab in patients with neuropathy and anti-myelin associated glycoprotein immunoglobulin MLuana Benedetti
Department of Neurosciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
J Peripher Nerv Syst 12:102-7. 2007..One year after rituximab therapy, anti-MAG immunoglobulin M (IgM) titers were significantly reduced...
- ELUCIDATION OF IMMUNOGLOBULIN CLASS SWITCH RECOMBINATION AND SOMATIC HYPERMUTATIOJayanta Chaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of the projects outlined in this proposal will provide mechanistic insights into reactions central to immunity and how aberrations in such physiological reactions can cause mature B cell tumors. ..
- Preclinical development of recombinant antigen diagnostics for Lassa feverRobert F Garry; Fiscal Year: 2013..In MILESTONE 1 we will development commercial Lassa fever recombinant antigen-capture and immunoglobulin M (IgM) and immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody-capture ELISA using a Performance Panel of well-characterized sera...
- Onset and biomarkers for progression of monoclonal gammopathiesS Vincent Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also believe our results will fundamentally alter the early diagnosis and treatment of this disease. ..
- Recombinant antigen assays for Lassa and other arenaviruRobert Garry; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aim 2 is to develop LASV antigen-capture and immunoglobulin M (IgM) and immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA)...
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Multiple MyelomaOlcay Batuman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The linkage of genetic abnormalities associated with EPCs with the biology of MM will alter the trajectory of the development of new-targeted therapies as well. ..
- MEMBRANES AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONBARTHOLOMEW SEFTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..The binding of antigen or anti-immunoglobulin antibody to immunoglobulin M or D on the surface of mature B cells induces the rapid phosphorylation of approximately 10 proteins on ..
- TRANSCAPILLARY MACROMOLECULE MOVEMENT IN SKELETAL MUSCLEMatthew Wolf; Fiscal Year: 1992..This information is vitally important to the understanding of normal transport processes and of the altered ones seen in edema, tissue trauma and shock...
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- NOVEL SEROTHERAPY STRATEGIES--PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCIESSTEVEN TREON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analogous to our work with Muc-1, we will also attempt to identify other PCD selective targets by generating and examining mAbs specific to the plasma cell glycoform of CD138. ..
- Early Regulation of Immunity in the Respiratory TractNicole Baumgarth; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information could help the development of novel interventions that utilize early respiratory tract defenses for immune protection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- gp120 covalent analogs as candidate HIV vaccinesSudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 2008..Novel vaccination strategies and HIV-1 neutralizing Abs will emerge from these studies if the physiological barriers to catalytic Ab synthesis can be bypassed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Proteolytic Antibody HIVcidesSudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may identify proteolytic antibodies suitable for further development as a topical HIVcide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- beta-Amyloid Antibodies with Specific Proteolytic ActivitySudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 2008..Proteolytic anti-Abeta Abs capable of preventing the deposition of Abeta and cognitive decline would be candidates for passive immunotherapy of humans with AD. ..
- CATALYTIC ANTIBODIES FOR TUMOR IMMUNOTHERAPYSudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigators expect the proposed studies to generate catalytic Fv constructs capable of permanent and efficient inactivation of EGFR, and to establish the validity of using catalytic Abs for tumor immunotherapy. ..
- RECOMBINANT SINGLE DOMAIN & HYBRID PEPTIDASE ANTIBODIESSudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- INNATE AND Ag-ADAPTED CHEMICALLY REACTIVE ANTIBODIESSudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 2003..Successful execution of this project will provide insight to the genesis of chemically reactive Abs and potentially validate the use CRAs for inhibition and induction of antigen-specific catalytic Abs. ..
- Regulation of the P13K/AKT pathway in Waldenstrom MacroglobulinemiaIrene Ghobrial; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Natural IgM antilymphocyte autoantibodies inhibit HIV-1PETER LOBO; Fiscal Year: 2003..A successful outcome with the proposed studies could better our understanding on pathogenesis of H1V-1 infection and may provide strategies to prolong the asymptomatic state after HIV-1 infection. ..
- TRIAL OF ACUPUNCTURE FOR CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROMEArthur Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Feline Model of Neuropathy associated with anti-MAG/SGPG antibodiesAMJAD ILYAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may lead to the development of a feline model of anti-MAG/SGPG neuropathy that closely resembles the human disorder [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMMUNE RESPONSES IN PATIENTS WITH GBS AND CIDPAMJAD ILYAS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Early and serial serum specimens from GBS and CIDP patients will be examined to see whether autoantibody titers correlate with disease severity. ..
- Interaction of AIDS-associated microbes with radiationEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such knowledge will contribute to development of a novel therapeutic modality based on radioimmunotherapy for treatment of currently incurable or multidrug-resistant AIDS-associated opportunistic infections. ..
- Rhenium-188 therapy of NIS-expressing breast tumorsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this research is to contribute to the development of a novel cost-effective radionuclide therapy for treatment of breast cancer and, possibly, for other NIS-expressing cancers such as thyroid cancer. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of opportunistic infectionsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also provide some understanding of the fundamentals of interactions between microorganisms and antibodies radiolabeled with particulate-emitting radioisotopes in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) Affects Immunity through PPAR-alpha.Margie Peden Adams; Fiscal Year: 2007..The unimmunized and immunized experiments will be conducted to control for possible differences in response related to lymphocyte activation from the immunization. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms and clinical effects of microchimerism in transfused trauma patientsMICHAEL PAUL BUSCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..TA-MC also offers an opportunity to better understand, and potentially exploit, injury-induced tolerance for future therapeutic purposes. ..
- Using NMD to identify mutated genes in colon cancerYurij Ionov; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such an approach will help to identify metastasis suppressor genes in colon cancer. ..
- Cell Cycle Inhibition in Systemic AutoimmunityDWIGHT KONO; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies should yield important new insights into the significance and role of p21 in systemic autoimmunity and in host response to foreign antigens. ..
- LYME ARTHRITIS: A NEW EPIDEMIC DISEASEAllen C Steere; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, this work brings us closer to the long-term goal of direct comparisons of antigens in Lyme arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis synovia. ..
- Cell Death and Antibody-Mediated Protection from AutoimmunityGREGG JOSHUA SILVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- LYSOLIPID PHOSPHATE REGULATION OF LYMPHOCYTE FUNCTIONSEDWARD GOETZL; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reconstitution of Protective CMV Immunity and Immune Regulation After HAARTAdriana Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..These analyses will define the role of TREG in the inadequate CMV immune reconstitution of HAART recipients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immune Dysregulation in HITGowthami M Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is expected that these studies will lead to insights into strategies that prevent or modulate immune complications from this life-threatening thrombotic disorder. ..
- Cell Death and Clonal Survival in Myelodysplastic Syndr*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2008..To achieve these objectives, we must better understand the underlying mechanisms of MDS and thereby identify ways by which the disease process can be arrested, progression prevented, and the disease hopefully be cured. ..
- Reduction of Annexin A5 in Antipholipid Pregnancy LossJACOB RAND; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Natural history of acute and chronic HCV in blood donorsMichael Busch; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations will yield important insights into HCV pathogenesis and clarify the natural history of disease for the large number of HCV infected persons identified through donor screening. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MURINE SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUSDWIGHT KONO; Fiscal Year: 2009..Identification of the susceptibility genes and elucidation of their roles in the induction of lupus should provide significant insights into the etiopathogenesis of genetically-determined autoimmune diseases. ..
- ABERRANT SIGNALING IN B-1 CELLSTHOMAS ROTHSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- UAB Autoimmunity Center for ExcellenceCHARLES ELSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Outcomes in congenital toxoplasmic retinochoroiditisRuth Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms to Induce Protective Natural AutoimmunityGregg Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PTS1 Regulation of Brain Met Enk Levels in AlcoholismWilliam Banks; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A new direction in studing sex hormone involovement in *Chaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stanczyk) and biochemistry of steroid hormones (Dr. Roberts). The project proposed represents a clear and distinct departure from the PI's and the other investigators ongoing research. ..
- Delineation of genetic pathways to lupus pathogenesisKui Liu; Fiscal Year: 2003..By identifying the lupus susceptibility genes and the molecules involved in the pathogenesis, we can select candidate therapeutic targets for curing lupus. ..
- A NOVEL FAS APOPTOSIS INHIBITORY MOLECULE (FAIM)THOMAS ROTHSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- COMPLEMENT AND B CELL TOLERANCE IN A MURINE MODEL OF SLEElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2002..By combining immunologic, nephrologic and molecular analyses I propose to elucidate how classical complement deficiency predisposes to SLE. ..
- SIGNIFICANCE OF AGE DEPENDENT CHANGES IN DNA METHYLATIONBruce Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2002..This approach may also prove useful in characterizing genes that have altered expression with aging in lymphocytes and other cell types, and that may contribute to the development of autoimmunity and malignancies in the elderly. ..
- Protective role of cross-reactive anti-enteric antibodyLynn Bry; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Mechanisms of Adaptation in Human Short Bowel SyndromeThomas Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Fas-mediated ApoptosisTHOMAS ROTHSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- WT1 Expression in Patients with MDS Treated with ATG an*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF THE PHAGOCYTE NADPH OXIDASEMark Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies will further our understanding of how distinct levels of regulatory input are integrated to facilitate functional assembly and activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase. ..
- Opiate Addiction and HIV-1 Induced Release of CytokinesWilliam Banks; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- PI3K Pathway Inhibitors for Mantle Cell LymphomaThomas Witzig; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HEALTH BURDERN OF COINFECTING DEER ASSOCIATED ZOONOSESPeter Krause; Fiscal Year: 2001..The density of deer will be estimated in each site. This proposed effort will help define the health burden imposed on people residing in proximity to deer and will contribute to diagnosis and case-management of apparent Lyme disease. ..
- Development of Novel Antiviral Agents VS West Nile VirusMichael Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRAINING GRANT IN DERMATOLOGICAL RESEARCHLuis Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This competitive grant application requests funding to support the training at the UNC Dermatology Department of the next generation of dermatological investigators. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Fatal Prostate CancerSheila Weinmann; Fiscal Year: 2006..The case-control study design will provide maximum statistical power for analysis of these relationships, particularly in the important African-American subgroup. ..
- IMMUNOGLOBULIN V GENES AND B CELL DEVELOPMENTRichard Hardy; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies will help to establish the types of selection that shape the expressed B cell repertoire, both fetally and in the adult, with implications for modulating normal and autoimmune responses. ..
- Structure/Function Studies of the IntegrinThomas A Bunch; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will pursue experiments that will address this hypothesis, potentially redefining the role of talin in integrin regulation. ..
- MU cells in mammalian conjunctivaThomas Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recognition of conjunctival M cells would also lay the foundation for future studies examining whether opportunistic bacterial or viral pathogens use the M cell as an entry site to cross the mucosal barrier in the eye. ..