Genomes and Genes
Summary: Immunoglobulins induced by substances elaborated by FUNGI that have an antigenic activity.
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Reactivity of antibodies from patients with acute and chronic paracoccidioidomycosis to a high molecular mass antigen from Paracoccidioides brasiliensisA S Marquez
Biological and Health Center, UNOPAR and Microbiology Postgraduation Program, UEL, Londrina, Brazil
J Clin Lab Anal 19:199-204. 2005..brasiliensis h-MM antigen. This study reveals a new characteristic to differentiate between the acute and chronic forms of PCM, by demonstrating a higher level of seric IgG to h-MM antigen in chronic compared to acute PCM patients...
- Immunoglobulin G responses to a panel of Candida albicans antigens as accurate and early markers for the presence of systemic candidiasisCornelius J Clancy
Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:1647-54. 2008..Taken together, our findings suggest that IgG responses against a panel of candidal antigens might represent an accurate and early marker of systemic candidiasis, a hypothesis that should be tested in future trials...
- Decoding serological response to Candida cell wall immunome into novel diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic candidates for systemic candidiasis by proteomic and bioinformatic analysesAida Pitarch
Department of Microbiology II, Faculty of Pharmacy, Complutense University of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:79-96. 2006..Furthermore serum anti-wall enolase antibodies are a new prognostic indicator for SC and confer protection against it. Bgl2p and wall-associated enolase could be valuable candidates for future vaccine development...
- Expression of antibodies directed to Paracoccidioides brasiliensis glycosphingolipids during the course of paracoccidioidomycosis treatmentSilvio Bertini
Department of Biochemistry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Rua Botucatu, 862, Sao Paulo, SP 04023 900, Brazil
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:150-6. 2007..The Pb-1 antigen, an acidic GSL with terminal Galf residue, has potential application as an elicitor of the host immune response in patients with PCM...
- Diagnostic role of anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae mannan antibodies combined with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseByeong Gwan Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1062-9. 2002....
- IL-13 induces disease-promoting type 2 cytokines, alternatively activated macrophages and allergic inflammation during pulmonary infection of mice with Cryptococcus neoformansUwe Muller
Institute of Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Immunol 179:5367-77. 2007..This indicates that IL-13 contributes to fatal allergic inflammation during C. neoformans infection...
- Current status of nonculture methods for diagnosis of invasive fungal infectionsSiew Fah Yeo
Infectious Disease Section, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 15:465-84. 2002..This work reviews the current status and recent developments as well as problems in the design of nonculture diagnostic methods for invasive fungal infections...
- Diagnosis of invasive candidiasis by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using the N-terminal fragment of Candida albicans hyphal wall protein 1Ana Laín
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
BMC Microbiol 7:35. 2007..In the last decade, much effort has been made to develop reliable tests for rapid diagnosis of invasive candidiasis, but none of them have found widespread clinical use...
- Production of hybrid phage displaying secreted aspartyl proteinase epitope of Candida albicans and its application for the diagnosis of disseminated candidiasisQiong Yang
Institute of Genetics and Cytology, School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun City, Jilin Province, People s Republic of China
Mycoses 50:165-71. 2007..These data indicate this phage-displayed epitope as an effective and less expensive reagent would be a valuable probe for the detection of specific Sap antibody in the sera of patients and mice with systemic C. albicans infection...
- Evaluation of a novel enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect immunoglobulin G antibody to enolase for serodiagnosis of invasive candidiasisAna Laín
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Apartado 699, E 48080 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:318-9. 2007..The sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative predictive values of the test for the diagnosis of invasive candidiasis were 81.0, 83.9, 79.1, and 85.5%, respectively...
- Canine paracoccidioidomycosisG Ricci
Department of Pathology, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP EPM, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Med Mycol 42:379-83. 2004..This is the first report of PCM disease occurring in a dog, an animal that has been shown to play an important role in the natural history of North American blastomycosis...
- Antibodies to a cell surface histone-like protein protect against Histoplasma capsulatumJoshua D Nosanchuk
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10461, USA
J Clin Invest 112:1164-75. 2003....
- The immune response to fungal infectionsShmuel Shoham
Section of Infectious Diseases, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Br J Haematol 129:569-82. 2005..An understanding of the host response to these organisms is important in decisions regarding use of currently available antifungal therapies and in the design of new therapeutic modalities...
- Antibody response to Pneumocystis jirovecii major surface glycoproteinKieran R Daly
Research Service 151, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3200 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45220, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1231-7. 2006..001). Thus, MsgC shows promise as a serologic reagent and should be tested further in clinical and epidemiologic studies...
- Therapeutic efficacy of a conjugate vaccine containing a peptide mimotope of cryptococcal capsular polysaccharide glucuronoxylomannanKausik Datta
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1176-87. 2008..Taken together, our data suggest that a vaccine could hold promise in the setting of chronic cryptococcosis, and that vaccine efficacy could depend on immunomodulation and augmentation of the natural immune response of the host...
- Advances in combating fungal diseases: vaccines on the thresholdJim E Cutler
Department of Pediatrics and Microbiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences, and Research Institute for Children at Children s Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70118 USA
Nat Rev Microbiol 5:13-28. 2007....
- Interplay between protective and inhibitory antibodies dictates the outcome of experimentally disseminated Candidiasis in recipients of a Candida albicans vaccineCarla Bromuro
Department of Bacteriology and Medical Mycology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, USA
Infect Immun 70:5462-70. 2002..Our observations may also help explain why subjects with elevated anti-Candida antibody titers, inclusive of anti-MP and anti-GG antibodies, remain nonetheless susceptible to invasive candidiasis...
- Preclinical assessment of the efficacy of mycograb, a human recombinant antibody against fungal HSP90Ruth C Matthews
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9WL, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2208-16. 2003..albicans (kidney), C. krusei (spleen), C. glabrata (spleen), and C. parapsilosis (liver and spleen). Only by combining Mycograb with AMB was complete resolution of infection achieved for C. albicans, C. krusei, and C. glabrata...
- An anti-beta-glucan monoclonal antibody inhibits growth and capsule formation of Cryptococcus neoformans in vitro and exerts therapeutic, anticryptococcal activity in vivoAnna Rachini
Microbiology Section, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06126 Perugia, Italy
Infect Immun 75:5085-94. 2007..Overall, these findings demonstrate that cell wall beta-glucan of encapsulated C. neoformans is accessible to antibodies which can exert remarkable anticryptococcal activities in vitro and in vivo...
- [Evaluation of a new commercial test (Candida albicans IFA IgG) for the serodiagnosis of invasive candidiasis]María Dolores Moragues
Departamento de Enfermería I, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Bilbao, Vizcaya, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 22:83-8. 2004....
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and serologic responses to Pneumocystis jiroveciKieran R Daly
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0560, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:848-54. 2004..Thus, this ELISA will be useful in studying serum antibody responses to Pneumocystis in different human populations...
- Fungal vaccines: real progress from real challengesAntonio Cassone
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Lancet Infect Dis 8:114-24. 2008..Together with the demonstrated efficacy of various antibodies in passive vaccination approaches, there is growing confidence in the future availability of safe and efficacious immunological tools to combat deadly microbes in a weak host...
- A cryptococcal capsular polysaccharide mimotope prolongs the survival of mice with Cryptococcus neoformans infectionR Fleuridor
Departments of. Microbiology and Immunology and Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Immunol 166:1087-96. 2001..neoformans and their efficacy in this study suggests that peptide mimotopes selected by protective Abs deserve further consideration as vaccine candidates for encapsulated pathogens...
- Polysaccharides, mimotopes and vaccines for fungal and encapsulated pathogensL A Pirofski
Divn of Infectious Diseases, Room 709 Forchheimer Bldg, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Trends Microbiol 9:445-51. 2001..neoformans in mice, however, our knowledge of the mechanisms of mimotope-induced protection is incomplete and further work is needed if polysaccharide- or mimotope-based vaccines are to be used to manage C. neoformans infection...
- Evaluation of a western blot test in an outbreak of acute pulmonary histoplasmosisC V Pizzini
Laboratorio de Micologia Medica, Hospital Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 6:20-3. 1999..WB test with deglycosylated H and M antigens of histoplasmin provides a rapid, sensitive, and specific test to diagnose acute pulmonary histoplasmosis before precipitins can be detected...
- Protective antifungal yeast killer toxin-like antibodiesW Magliani
Sezione di Microbiologia, Dipartimento di Patologia e Medicina di Laboratorio, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
Curr Mol Med 5:443-52. 2005....
- Is there a role for antibody testing in the diagnosis of invasive candidiasis?Guillermo Quindos
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, Bilbao, Spain
Rev Iberoam Micol 21:10-4. 2004..Results obtained from a panel of diagnostic tests in association with clinical aspects will likely be the most useful strategy for early diagnosis and therapy...
- Coccidioidomycosis: host response and vaccine developmentRebecca A Cox
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas Research Park, 15355 Lambda Dr, San Antonio, TX 78245 3027, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 17:804-39, table of contents. 2004....
- Amplification of coccidioidal DNA in clinical specimens by PCRSuzanne M Johnson
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:1982-5. 2004..A 239-bp product was visualized when 10 fg of exogenous coccidioidal DNA was subjected to amplification. This product was demonstrated in some human and mouse sera prior to the detection of coccidioidal antibodies...
- Intravaginal and intranasal immunizations are equally effective in inducing vaginal antibodies and conferring protection against vaginal candidiasisFlavia De Bernardis
Department of Bacteriology and Medical Mycology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Infect Immun 70:2725-9. 2002..These data suggest that appropriate fungal antigens and adjuvant can be used to protect against candidal vaginitis, by either route...
- Monoclonal antibody to fungal glucosylceramide protects mice against lethal Cryptococcus neoformans infectionMarcio L Rodrigues
Instituto de Microbiologia Professor Paulo de Goes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 21941 590, Brazil
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1372-6. 2007..neoformans, revealing a potential therapeutic strategy to control cryptococcosis...
- Immunocompetent hosts as a reservoir of pneumocystis organisms: histological and rt-PCR data demonstrate active replicationM Chabé
Ecology of Parasitism, Lille Pasteur Institute, 1 rue du Prof Calmette BP245, 59019, Lille, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:89-97. 2004..The results showed Pneumocystis organisms were able to replicate in the lungs of immunocompetent hosts, which indicates these hosts are a reservoir for Pneumocystis spp...
- Defining criteria for anti-mannan antibodies to protect against candidiasisJ E Cutler
The Research Institute for Children and LSUHSC, Dept of Pediatrics and Dept of Microbiology, Children s Hospital, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Curr Mol Med 5:383-92. 2005....
- Long-term colonization with Pneumocystis jirovecii in hospital staffs: a challenge to prevent nosocomial pneumocystosisIsabelle Durand-Joly
EA 3609 Pasteur Institute of Lille, Lille, France
J Eukaryot Microbiol 50:614-5. 2003
- Early diagnosis of invasive candidiasis with mannan antigenemia and antimannan antibodiesMaura Prella
Infectious Diseases Service, Department of Internal Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 51:95-101. 2005..001). Candidiasis was diagnosed before neutrophil recovery in 78% and 11% of cases with Mn/anti-Mn and radiology, respectively (P < 0.001). Mn and anti-Mn may be useful for early noninvasive diagnosis of IC...
- Identification and characterization of a neutralizing monoclonal antibody for the epitope on HM-1 killer toxinDakshnamurthy Selvakumar
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, 5 13 2 Kamishinei cho, Niigata 950 208
J Biochem 139:399-406. 2006..These results strongly indicate that nmAb-KT binds to HM-1 at the sequence 41GSTDGK46, and not to HYI at the same position. The potential active site of HM-1 involved in the killing activity against sensitive yeast is discussed...
- A fungicidal monoclonal antibody protects against murine invasive candidiasisMaría J Sevilla
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Ciencia y Tecnologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Apartado 644, E 48080 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Infect Immun 74:3042-5. 2006..A prozone-like effect was observed. The in vitro candidacidal activity of macrophages was strongly enhanced when C. albicans was opsonized by C7 and complete murine serum was present...
- Antibody-mediated protective immunity in fungal infectionsWalter Magliani
Sezione di Microbiologia, Dipartimento di Patologia e Medicina di Laboratorio, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Italy
New Microbiol 28:299-309. 2005..New perspectives of antibody-mediated therapy, based on the availability of monoclonal and recombinant antibodies as well as genetically engineered antibody fragments of defined specificity, will be also envisaged and discussed...
- Unexpected diversity in the fine specificity of monoclonal antibodies that use the same V region gene to glucuronoxylomannan of Cryptococcus neoformansDiane C McFadden
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Immunol 172:3670-7. 2004....
- Protection against systemic candidiasis in mice immunized with secreted aspartic proteinase 2Manuel Vilanova
Laboratório de Imunologia Mário Arala Chaves, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas de Abel Salazar, Largo do Prof Abel Salazar 2, 4099 003 Porto, Portugal
Immunology 111:334-42. 2004..Taken together, these analyses demonstrate that Sap2 can be successfully used as a vaccination target in systemic candidiasis and reveals the potential immunomodulatory role of Sap2 on C. albicans infection...
- Recombinant antibodies: a natural partner in combinatorial antifungal therapyRuth C Matthews
Medical Microbiology and NeuTec Pharma plc, 2nd Floor, Clinical Sciences Building 1, Central Manchester Healthcare Trust, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Vaccine 22:865-71. 2004..It is now the subject of a multinational, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, in patients with culture-confirmed invasive candidiasis on liposomal amphotericin B...
- ELISA for early diagnosis of histoplasmosisAllan Jefferson Guimarães
Instituto de Pesquisa Clinica Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 53:509-14. 2004..It provides a useful adjunct to existing methods of diagnosis that could be applied even in situations where laboratory facilities were relatively limited...
- High seroprevalence of Pneumocystis infection in Spanish childrenN Respaldiza
Research Unit, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Seville, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 10:1029-31. 2004..The data indicated a high seroprevalence of Pneumocystis infection in healthy Spanish children, thereby demonstrating that this pathogen is widespread in southern Spain...
- Antibody-mediated protection against intracellular pathogensA Casadevall
Dept of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Trends Microbiol 6:102-7. 1998..The challenge now is to identify antigens that elicit protective antibodies, use them in vaccine design and understand how humoral and cellular immune mechanisms cooperate...
- Widespread occurrence of Pneumocystis carinii in commercial rat colonies detected using targeted PCR and oral swabsC R Icenhour
Department of Infectious Disease, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0560, USA
J Clin Microbiol 39:3437-41. 2001..carinii f. sp. carinii DNA in all rat lungs, illustrating widespread occurrence of Pneumocystis in commercial rat colonies. Thus, oral swab/PCR is a rapid, nonlethal, and sensitive method for the assessment of Pneumocystis exposure...
- Analysis of the Paracoccidioides brasiliensis triosephosphate isomerase suggests the potential for adhesin functionLuiz Augusto Pereira
Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
FEMS Yeast Res 7:1381-8. 2007..brasiliensis and extracellular matrix molecules such as laminin and that this interaction may play an important role in the fungal adherence and invasion of host cells...
- Diagnostic value of anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae and antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies in inflammatory bowel diseaseM Peeters
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Gastroenterol 96:730-4. 2001..The combination of tests is probably more powerful, although, clinical subgroups still need to be defined. The usefulness of these markers in indeterminate colitis needs to be studied prospectively...
- Fungicidal monoclonal antibody C7 binds to Candida albicans Als3Sonia Brena
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Apartado 699, E 48080 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Infect Immun 75:3680-2. 2007..It also bound the recombinant N terminus of Als3. Binding of MAb C7 to Als3 may explain the biological activities exerted by the MAb on C. albicans...
- Transmission of Pneumocystis carinii DNA from a patient with P. carinii pneumonia to immunocompetent contact health care workersS L Vargas
Program in Microbiology, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
J Clin Microbiol 38:1536-8. 2000....
- Quantitation of anti-Pneumocystis jiroveci antibodies in healthy persons and immunocompromised patientsLisa R Bishop
Critical Care Medicine Department, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 187:1844-8. 2003..This ELISA assay allows quantitation of anti-P. jiroveci antibodies in human serum samples and should be useful in better understanding the epidemiology of P. jiroveci infection in humans...
- Serologic responses to epitopes of the major surface glycoprotein of Pneumocystis jiroveci differ in human immunodeficiency virus-infected and uninfected personsKieran R Daly
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0560, USA
J Infect Dis 186:644-51. 2002..None of the serum samples drawn from 9 patients before they had developed PcP recognized MsgC. These data suggest that these novel recombinant proteins are useful for the analysis of antibody responses to Msg...
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis is a cell surface protein involved in fungal adhesion to extracellular matrix proteins and interaction with cellsMônica Santiago Barbosa
Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil 74001 970
Infect Immun 74:382-9. 2006..brasiliensis could be involved in mediating binding of fungal cells to fibronectin, type I collagen, and laminin, thus contributing to the adhesion of the microorganism to host tissues and to the dissemination of infection...
- Contribution of the Platelia Candida-specific antibody and antigen tests to early diagnosis of systemic Candida tropicalis infection in neutropenic adultsBoualem Sendid
Laboratoire de Mycologie Fondamentale et Appliquée et Equipe INSERM 0360, F 59045 Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 41:4551-8. 2003..tropicalis systemic infection...
- Antigen-induced protective and nonprotective cell-mediated immune components against Cryptococcus neoformansJ W Murphy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
Infect Immun 66:2632-9. 1998..Our results imply that there are protective and nonprotective cell-mediated immune responses and highlight the complexity of the immune response to C. neoformans antigens...
- An outline of the role of anti-Candida antibodies within the context of passive immunization and protection from candidiasisA Cassone
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Curr Mol Med 5:377-82. 2005....
- Canine paracoccidioidomycosis: a seroepidemiologic studyM A Ono
, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Disciplina de Biologia Celular, Brazil
Med Mycol 39:277-82. 2001..These results indicate that ELISA and skin testing can be useful in the epidemiological study of paracoccidioidomycosis in dogs and that encounter with the fungus in nature is a frequent event...
- Phase I evaluation of the safety and pharmacokinetics of murine-derived anticryptococcal antibody 18B7 in subjects with treated cryptococcal meningitisRobert A Larsen
Department of Medicine Infectious Diseases, 2020 Zonal Ave, IRD Room 632, MC 9520, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:952-8. 2005..The half-life of MAb 18B7 in serum was approximately 53 h, while the MAb was undetectable in the cerebrospinal fluid of all patients. These data support the continued investigation of MAb 18B7 at a maximum single dose of 1.0 mg/kg...
- Detection of IgG and IgM in sera from canines with blastomycosis using eight blastomyces dermatitidis yeast phase lysate antigensChristine M Sestero
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, Box 8007, Pocatello, ID 83209, USA
Mycopathologia 162:33-7. 2006..310-0.744 for IgG, 0.025-0.069 for IgM). Inherent variations in yeast lysate antigens such as these may be utilized to develop improved immunoassay procedures for the specific detection of IgG or IgM in cases of blastomycosis...
- Induced humoral immunity and vaccination against major human fungal pathogensArturo Casadevall
Department of Medicine, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York, NY 10461, USA
Curr Opin Microbiol 5:386-91. 2002..Protective monoclonal antibodies can be used to identify antigens that induce useful humoral responses...
- Comparative evaluation of (1, 3)-beta-D-glucan, mannan and anti-mannan antibodies, and Candida species-specific snPCR in patients with candidemiaFasahat F Alam
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat 13110, P, O, Box 24923, Kuwait
BMC Infect Dis 7:103. 2007..In this retrospective study, attention has been focused to evaluate the usefulness of two or more disease markers in the diagnosis of candidemia...
- Insights into mechanisms of antibody-mediated immunity from studies with Cryptococcus neoformansA Casadevall
Division of Infectious Diseases or the Department of Medicine and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Curr Mol Med 5:421-33. 2005..Observations with C. neoformans have stimulated a reappraisal of the role of humoral immunity for other pathogens and highlighted the limitations in current methods of assessing the role of Ab in host defense...
- Human domain antibodies against virulence traits of Candida albicans inhibit fungus adherence to vaginal epithelium and protect against experimental vaginal candidiasisFlavia De Bernardis
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Infect Dis 195:149-57. 2007..albicans. This is the first demonstration that human DAbs lacking the Fc constituent can efficiently control an infection and can act largely by inhibiting adherence...
- Identification of Candida albicans genes induced during thrush offers insight into pathogenesisShaoji Cheng
Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610, USA
Mol Microbiol 48:1275-88. 2003....
- Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies--a novel serologic marker for Behçet's diseaseI Krause
Department of Medicine E, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:S21-4. 2002..To evaluate the prevalence and clinical correlations of antibodies against Saccharomyces cerevisiae (ASCA) among patients with BD...
- Non-culture based diagnostic tests for mycotic infectionsE Reiss
Mycotic Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Med Mycol 38:147-59. 2000..The identity of M antigen as a catalase was deduced from the sequence of the cloned gene. PCR identification of Histoplasma capsulatum cultures was accomplished with primer pairs selected from H and M antigen gene sequences...
- [Diagnosis of systemic Candida infections. Evaluation of serology, molecular biology and D-arabinitol detection]W Bar
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Krankenhaushygiene, Carol Thiem Klinikum, Thiemstrasse 111, D 03048 Cottbus, Germany
Mycoses 47:32-6. 2004..In conclusion, serological methods (antigen and antibody detection) should only be applied in strictly selected patients. In uncertain cases, the addition of PCR or determination of D-arabinitol/L-arabinitol might be helpful...
- Circulating beta (1-3) glucan and immunoglobulin G subclass antibodies to Candida albicans cell wall antigens in patients with systemic candidiasisN Kondori
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:344-50. 2004..Furthermore, the kinetics of beta(1-3) glucan appearance in serum may assist in evaluating the therapeutic efficacy of antifungal treatments...
- A proteomic-based approach for the identification of immunodominant Cryptococcus neoformans proteinsMattie Young
Department of Biology, The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78249 0062, USA
Proteomics 9:2578-88. 2009....
- Paracoccidioides brasiliensis-reactive antibodies in Brazilian blood donorsF A G Botteon
Coordination Higher Level Professional Improvement Program, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Med Mycol 40:387-91. 2002..The present report is the first epidemiological study using ELISA to detect antibodies against gp43 in blood donors...
- ASCA: genetic marker, predictor of disease, or marker of a response to an environmental antigen?F Seibold
Department of Gastroenterology, Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Gut 54:1212-3. 2005
- B1 cells contribution to susceptibility in experimental paracoccidioidomycosis: immunoglobulin isotypes and repertoire determinationKarla Marcelino França
Laboratorio de Biologia do Reconhecer, Centro de Biociencias e Biotecnologia, Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil
Med Mycol 44:755-66. 2006....
- Diagnosis of neuroparacoccidioidomycosis by detection of circulating antigen and antibody in cerebrospinal fluidSilvia Helena Marques da Silva
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Federal de São Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 43:4680-3. 2005..In addition, the finding of anti-gp43 and anti-gp70 antibodies in CSF samples by conventional ELISA also seems to be a promising diagnostic method for this special modality of PCM...
- Syscan3, a kit for detection of anti-Candida antibodies for diagnosis of invasive candidiasisAnnie Philip
Laboratory of Mycology Research, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 77030, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:4834-5. 2005..7%, and 93% in the immunocompromised group, respectively. Syscan3 has high negative predictive value...
- Serological detection of antibodies against Paracoccidioides brasiliensis in dogs with leishmaniasisL H Silveira
Departamento de Ciências Patológicas, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Campus Universitario, Londrina, Parana, 86051 980, Brazil
Mycopathologia 162:325-9. 2006..brasiliensis antigens may be due to cross-reactivity or a co-infection of dogs by Leishmania and P. brasiliensis. The lower correlation (0.187) observed between reactivity to gp43 and Leishmania antigen reinforces the latter hypothesis...
- Membrane and extracellular antigens of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis (Mexo): identification of a 28-kDa protein suitable for immunodiagnosis of paracoccidioidomycosisB S Reis
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Immunol Methods 307:118-26. 2005..Since the 28-kDa protein of P. brasiliensis seems to be specific for PCM, it can be used as an alternative antigen in immunoblotting diagnostic methods...
- Use of recombinant antigens for the diagnosis of invasive candidiasisAna Laín
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Apartado 699, 48080 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Clin Dev Immunol 2008:721950. 2008..In this review we will discuss the usefulness of recombinant antigens in the diagnosis of invasive candidiasis...
- Colonization of mice by Candida albicans is promoted by chemically induced colitis and augments inflammatory responses through galectin-3Samir Jawhara
Inserm U 799, Physiopathologie des Candidoses, Faculte de Medecine, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Lille, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 114, Universite Lille 2, Lille, France
J Infect Dis 197:972-80. 2008..Little is known about the relationship between colonic inflammation and Candida albicans colonization. Galectin-3 (Gal-3) is an intestinal lectin that binds to specific C. albicans glycans and is involved in inflammation...
- Evaluation of the usefulness of anti-glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibodies as a treatment for invasive candidiasis in a murine modelMaria Luisa Gil
Departament de Microbiologia i Ecologia, Universitat de Valencia, Avda Vicent Andres Estelles s n, 46100, Burjassot, Spain
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 89:345-50. 2006....
- Protection induced in BALB/c mice by the high-molecular-mass (hMM) fraction of Paracoccidioides brasiliensisWander R Pavanelli
Fundação Araucária, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Mycopathologia 163:117-28. 2007..05) were observed in immunized groups. The results for CFU, histopathology and antigenemia suggest that the hMM fraction has a protective effect in experimental paracoccidioidomycosis in BALB/c mice...
- Immune responsiveness of a novel peptidoglycan conjugate prepared from surface Candida immunogens: mannan and CR3-related proteinEma Paulovicova
Center for Glycomics, Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 53:421-8. 2008..Altogether, it could be assumed that the novel peptide glycoconjugate is a prospective antigenic candidate for further Candida vaccine design...
- Use of sera from humans and dolphins with lacaziosis and sera from experimentally infected mice for Western Blot analyses of Lacazia loboi antigensLeonel Mendoza
Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program, Michigan State University, 322 North Kedzie Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824 1031, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:164-7. 2008..loboi extracts. This study is the first to examine the humoral response to L. loboi antigens by using multiple host sera...
- Isolates of Candida albicans that differ in virulence for mice elicit strain-specific antibody-mediated protective responsesY Hu
Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dentistry, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Microbes Infect 8:612-20. 2006..Thus, different strains of yeast show considerable specificity in antibody responses elicited by either systemic or oral infection...
- The GPI-anchored Gas and Crh families are fungal antigensJavier Arroyo
Departamento Microbiología II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid 28040, Spain
Yeast 24:289-96. 2007..These results suggest that GPI-anchored cross-linking enzymes are relevant immunologically reactive constituents of the cell wall that may play a role during human fungal infections...
- Aspergillus antigens: which are important?V P Kurup
Department of Pediatrics, Allergy lmmunology Division, Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
Med Mycol 43:S189-96. 2005..Antigens can be engineered with less or more binding with IgE, and such antigens may have significant roles as specific reagents or as immunomodulators...
- Evaluation of a rapid immunochromatographic assay for identification of Candida albicans and Candida dubliniensisAgnes Marot-Leblond
Groupe d Etude des Interactions Hôte Parasite, UPRES EA 3142, UFR de Sciences Pharmaceutiques et d Ingénierie de la Santé, Angers, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:4956-60. 2004..1 to 100%. These parameters decreased, however, to 91.4% when the test was performed with yeast isolated with Candida ID...
- Serological differentiation of experimentally induced Candida dubliniensis and Candida albicans infectionsM D Moragues
, , , E-48080 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 39:2999-3001. 2001..These results confirm our previous observation in a patient with C. dubliniensis candidemia and suggest that detection of C. dubliniensis-specific antibodies is useful in the diagnosis of invasive candidiasis caused by this yeast...
- Candida albicans cell wall antigens for serological diagnosis of candidemiaN Kondori
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Goteborg University, Guldhedsgatan 10, S 413 46 Goteborg, Sweden
Med Mycol 41:21-30. 2003..In conclusion, IgG antibodies to PPM and native cell wall fragments (CW) were highly discriminatory for recognition of candidemia and these antigens are thus promising candidates for use in serodiagnosis...
- Combined use of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis recombinant 27-kilodalton and purified 87-kilodalton antigens in an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for serodiagnosis of paracoccidioidomycosisSoraya Diez
St John s Institute of Dermatology, Guy s Hospital, London, England
J Clin Microbiol 41:1536-42. 2003..Thus, the use of combinations of well-defined antigens appears to offer clear advantages over the use of single antigens when diagnosing PCM...
- [Serum levels of antibodies for IgG, IgA, and IgM against the fungi antigen in psoriasis vulgaris]Yun sheng Liang
Department of Dermatology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:638-40. 2003..To detect the serum levels of antibodies against Malassezia further and Candida albicans in patients with psoriasis vulgaris (PV), and to investigate the relationship between Malassezia furfur or Candida albicans and pathogenesis of PV...
- A monoclonal antibody directed against a Candida albicans cell wall mannoprotein exerts three anti-C. albicans activitiesMaría D Moragues
Departamento de Enfermería I, Universidad del Pais Vasco, E 48080 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Infect Immun 71:5273-9. 2003..Results presented in this study support the concept of a family of microbicidal antibodies that could be useful in the treatment of a wide range of microbial infections when used alone or in combination with current antimicrobial agents...
- Value of Candida antigen and antibody assays for the diagnosis of invasive candidosis in surgical intensive care patientsP M Lepper
Department of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Ulm University Hospital, Germany
Intensive Care Med 27:916-20. 2001..Thus, the Candida HA antibody test, but not the Ramco antigen test, can be recommended to confirm a clinical diagnosis of invasive candidosis...
- [Diagnostic value of antibody detection against Candida germ tube antigens in a patient with hepatosplenic candidosis]G G Wulf
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie, Universitätsklinikum Göttingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Mycoses 47:11-4. 2004..In the case of this patient, the detection of a humoral response against Candida germ tube antigens was of little diagnostic value...
- Protective immunity induced in mice by F0 and FII antigens purified from Paracoccidioides brasiliensisS N Diniz
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Caixa Postal 486, CEP 32270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Vaccine 22:485-92. 2004..Taken together, these findings suggest that antigens of F0 and FII are reliable vaccine candidates against the paracoccidioidomycosis...
- Negative immunodiffusion test results obtained with sera of paracoccidioidomycosis patients may be related to low-avidity immunoglobulin G2 antibodies directed against carbohydrate epitopesAndreia R Neves
Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:802-7. 2003..These data suggest that the lack of reactivity of sera from PCM patients in the ID test may be related to the production of low-avidity IgG2 antibodies directed against carbohydrate epitopes...
- Antibody response to Candida albicans cell wall antigensJose L Lopez-Ribot
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 41:187-96. 2004..albicans may provide the basis for the development of (i) effective procedures for the serodiagnosis of disseminated candidiasis, and (ii) novel prophylactic (vaccination) and therapeutic strategies to control this type of infections...
- Antibody isotypes to a Paracoccidioides brasiliensis somatic antigen in sub-acute and chronic form paracoccidioidomycosisM Juvenale
, , Brazil
J Med Microbiol 50:127-34. 2001..Immunoblot analysis showed that, in addition to the 43-kDa immunodominant fraction, other less well-characterised fractions were also recognised differentially by the isotypes and deserve further investigation...
- Immune sensitization to yeast antigens in ASCA-positive patients with Crohn's diseaseAstrid Konrad
Division of Gastroenterology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse, Switzerland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:97-105. 2004..A proportion of CD patients develop antibodies against the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae (ASCA), but little is known about the cellular immune reactivity against food antigens in antibody-positive and -negative patients...
- A new glycoprotein allergen/antigen with the protease activity from Aspergillus fumigatusShailly Nigam
Molecular Biochemistry and Diagnostics Division, Centre for Biochemical Technology, Delhi, India
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 132:124-31. 2003..It secretes an array of complex biologically active glycoprotein antigens and allergens. It is important to identify and characterize probable potential virulent factors playing a major role in the pathogenesis of aspergillosis...
- Increased resistance in BALB/c mice to reinfection with Candida albicans is due to immunoneutralization of a virulence-associated immunomodulatory proteinDelfina Tavares
Laboratories of Microbiology, Institute for Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar ICBAS, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Microbiology 149:333-9. 2003..albicans, after treatment of the animals with anti-p43 antibodies. The data described here provide a biological explanation for active immunoprotection achieved after spontaneous healing of infectious diseases, namely in candidiasis...
- Improvement of the specificity of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for diagnosis of paracoccidioidomycosisC F Albuquerque
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Cellular Biology Discipline, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 43:1944-6. 2005..The maximum specificity found in this ELISA was 84%. All of these procedures proved inefficient for eliminating all cross-reacting antibodies and obtaining an ELISA specific for PCM diagnosis...
- Candida and allergyA G Palma-Carlos
Medical Clinic, Hematology Immunology Center, Lisbon Faculty of Medicine, and Clinical Allergy Immunology Center, Lisbon, Portugal
Allerg Immunol (Paris) 34:322-4. 2002....
- Monoclonal antibodies to inhibit Aspergillus germinationMARTA L FELDMESSER; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is anticipated that this study will identify fungal molecules important for germination and begin to define their interaction with host immune responses. ..
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF C NEOFORMANS ANTIBODIESArturo Casadevall; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are expected to yield new insights on fundamental aspects of antibody function as well as practical information for the development of second generation antibody reagents for human therapy. ..
- Mining slime mold for susceptibility genes to fungiArturo Casadevall; Fiscal Year: 2005..discoideum system will lead to the identification of genetic pathways that are not immediately obvious from standard fungal-macrophage experiments. ..
- Aspergillosis: Engineering Antibody for DiagnosisMarta Feldmesser; Fiscal Year: 2006..The availability of reagents that have potential to improve both sensitivity and specificity of galactomannan detection would be a significant advance. ..
- MELANOGENESIS IN CRYPTOCOCCUS NEOFORMANSJOSHUA NOSANCHUK; Fiscal Year: 2002..To explore the structure of melanin using biochemistry, phage display peptide libraries and mAbs; and 4. To use peptides and mAbs to study C. neoformans melanogenesis in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Antibody Protection in HistoplamosisJOSHUA NOSANCHUK; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies are expected to lead to insights into H. capsulatum pathogenesis and initiate the development of new therapeutic and diagnostic reagents. ..
- Monoclonal antibodies for invasive aspergillosisMarta Feldmesser; Fiscal Year: 2003..To determine the biological activity of MAbs generated in Aim 2 in murine models of invasive aspergillosis. It is anticipated that this study will identify important targets for further investigation. ..
- CANDIDA ALBICANS SURFACE ANTIGENSJim Cutler; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HUMAN ANTIBODIES TO CRYPTOCOCCUS NEOFORMANSLiise Anne Pirofski; Fiscal Year: 2009..neoformans and provide proof of principle that vaccines can be developed that focus the immune response on cellular subsets that can induce protection: ..
- Parental Expression of Immune Responses In Pediatric Crohn's DiseaseMarla Dubinsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Serum Antibodies to Recombinant Pneumocystis AntigensPeter Walzer; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data obtained from these studies will lead to the first standard antigen for PC serologic studies, and enhance our understanding of the epidemiology and immunology of PC infection. ..
- Host control in CoccidioidomycosisJohn Galgiani; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also analyze the phenotype, function and cytokine profiles of lymphocyte subsets that respond to antigen-pulsed DC. ..
- P CARINII PNEUMONIA--IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS OF LUNG INJURYFrancis Gigliotti; Fiscal Year: 2001..If this hypothesis is proven correct, the information gained from the proposed studies can be utilized to develop new therapeutic modalities to improve the morbidity and mortality resulting from PCP. ..
- Role of Fungal Microflora in Mucosal Tolerance/ImmunityGARY HUFFNAGLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide the basic science foundation for future studies in humans for understanding how and why manipulation of the microflora (by diet or probiotics) can alter or prevent allergies. ..
- Antifungal Drug Susceptibility of Cryptococcus neoformansRobert Larsen; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- VARIABLE GENE USE AND PNEUMOCOCCAL IMMUNITY IN AIDSLiise Anne Pirofski; Fiscal Year: 2010..pneumoniae that will translate into identification of new correlates of vaccine efficacy and the generation of hypotheses for future testing in human studies. ..
- VARIABLE GENE DEFECTS AND PNEUMOCOCCAL SUSCEPTIBILITYLiise Anne Pirofski; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will advance our understanding of how pneumococcal vaccine works. ..
- Pneumocystis in Pathogenesis of HIV-associated EmphysemaAlison Morris; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help us understand and treat emphysema in these patients and in the many non-HIV-infected people who suffer from this disease. ..
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES FOR THE STUDY OF P. CARINIIFrancis Gigliotti; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also determine the microbiologic effect of combining passive antibody therapy with conventional antimicrobial therapy. ..
- Role of Oxylipins in Cryptococcal PathogenesisGARY HUFFNAGLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..production; (3) to determine the role of the fungal oxylipin CnPGEx in cryptococcal biology and pathogenesis; (4) to determine the role of host PGE2 and other prostaglandins in cryptococcal biology and host immunity ..
- The Natural History of Pediatric Crohn's DiseaseMarla Dubinsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MUCOSAL CELL MEDIATED IMMUNITY IN VAGINAL CANDIDIASISPaul Fidel; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long term goal is to understand vaginal host defense mechanisms against C. albicans so that immunotherapeutic strategies can be developed to prevent or treat disease. ..
- CHEMOKINE RECEPTORS IN IMMUNITY TO C NEOFORMANSGARY HUFFNAGLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..neoformans infection; (5) To determine the role of MCP-1 and CCR2 in the development of a Th2 response to C. neoformans. ..
- MUCOSAL IMMUNIZATION--PREVENTION OF SYSTEMIC CANDIDIASISLUCY FREYTAG; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF PHENOTYPIC SWITCHING IN 24067 MUTANTBettina Fries; Fiscal Year: 2003..The second part is designed to clone the gene mediating this complex phenotype and the third part will aim to establish whether there is a causative relationship between chromosomal rearrangement and switching. ..
- Antibody epitopes of Pneumocystis in HIV patientsKieran Daly; Fiscal Year: 2004..These newly identified epitopes will, in the long term, be used to probe immune reactivity in HIV+ patients undergoing HAART. ..
- MODULATION OF TH1/TH2 RESPONSES BY INNATE IMMUNITYGARY HUFFNAGLE; Fiscal Year: 2004..One of the potential implications of these studies is that therapies inhibiting melanin biosynthesis or activity may also have an adjuvant effect and promote the development of protective Th1 immunity to C. neoformans. ..
- Innate Effectors of rAls3p-N Anti-Candida VaccineBrad J Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..PNS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page - Continuation Format Page ..
- 8th ASM Conference on Candida and CandidiasisPaul Fidel; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nikkomycin Z Treatment for CoccidioidomycosisJohn Galgiani; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORAL IMMUNE DYSFUNCTION AND CANDIDIASIS IN HIV INFECTIONPaul Fidel; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL IMMUNIZATION STRATEGIES AGAINST ANTHRAXLUCY FREYTAG; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information may also be valuable in the development of similar prevention strategies against other potential agents of biowarfare/bioterrorism. ..
- Epidemiology and Significance of P carinii ColonizationAlison Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, greater insight into the epidemiology of colonization may aid in understanding the transmission and prevention of P. carinii. ..
- SP-A MOUSE MODELS OF PNEUMOCYSTIS INFECTIONPeter Walzer; Fiscal Year: 2004..3) analyze the influence of SP-A on the host immune/inflammatory response that occurs during the recovery from PcP. ..
- Adrenergic Antagonism During Murine CandidiasisBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..For these reasons, the potential for adrenergic antagonism to act as an effective immunotherapy is highly meritorious of investigation in this training application. ..
- Antibody in Defense Against Neonatal Candida InfectionsJOSEPH BLISS; Fiscal Year: 2008..As such, he will be in an ideal position to orchestrate the translation of basic science to the benefit of patients. ..
- Mucosal Defense vs Transmission of HIV by Breast MilkEdward Janoff; Fiscal Year: 2006....