Genomes and Genes
Summary: Antibodies found in adult RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS patients that are directed against GAMMA-CHAIN IMMUNOGLOBULINS.
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide and IgA rheumatoid factor predict the development of rheumatoid arthritisSolbritt Rantapaa-Dahlqvist
Umea Universitet, Umea, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 48:2741-9. 2003..prevalence and predictive value of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies in individuals who subsequently developed rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to determine the relationship to rheumatoid factor (RF) of any isotype.
- Evolving concepts of rheumatoid arthritisGary S Firestein
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0656, USA
Nature 423:356-61. 2003..Based on the pathogenic mechanisms, specific therapeutic interventions can be designed to suppress synovial inflammation and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis...
- Different stages of rheumatoid arthritis: features of the synovium in the preclinical phaseM G H van de Sande
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:772-7. 2011..It is currently unknown whether the disease process starts in the synovium, the primary target of RA, or at other sites in the body...
- Among B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, MALT lymphomas express a unique antibody repertoire with frequent rheumatoid factor reactivityRichard J Bende
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, Netherlands Cncer Institute, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Exp Med 201:1229-41. 2005..Interestingly, RF-CDR3 homology and t(11;18) appeared to be mutually exclusive features and RF-CDR3 homology was not encountered in any of the 19 pulmonary MALT lymphomas studied...
- Impact of smoking as a risk factor for developing rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis of observational studiesD Sugiyama
Department of Clinical Pathology and Immunology, Kobe University Graduate Schoolof Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 69:70-81. 2010..To assess whether smoking is a risk factor for developing rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Endosomal TLR signaling is required for anti-nucleic acid and rheumatoid factor autoantibodies in lupusDwight H Kono
Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12061-6. 2009..7, -9) signaling, we show these endosomal TLRs are required for optimal production of IgG autoAbs, IgM rheumatoid factor, and other clinical parameters of disease in 2 lupus strains, B6-Fas(lpr) and BXSB...
- Chromatin-IgG complexes activate B cells by dual engagement of IgM and Toll-like receptorsElizabeth A Leadbetter
Department of Microbiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Nature 416:603-7. 2002..an antigen receptor specific for self-immunoglobulin-gamma (IgG) make a class of autoantibodies known as rheumatoid factor (RF)...
- Specific autoantibodies precede the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis: a study of serial measurements in blood donorsMarkus M J Nielen
Jan van Breemen Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:380-6. 2004..The present study was undertaken to investigate this...
- Anti-CCP antibodies have more diagnostic impact than rheumatoid factor (RF) in a population tested for RFI G Silveira
Rheumatology Department, Sao Lucas Hospital, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Clin Rheumatol 26:1883-9. 2007To compare the diagnostic powers of rheumatoid factor (RF) and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) in a population selected for its high statistical relevance, over a 6-month period, an informed consent to test for anti-CCP was ..
- Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies and rheumatoid factor in rheumatoid arthritis patients and relatives from BrazilIsabela Goeldner
Laboratory of Immunopathology, Clinical Hospital, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1590-3. 2010..To evaluate the prevalence of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies and RF in RA patients and their relatives from Southern Brazil...
- Cytokines, autoantibodies and viral antibodies in premorbid and postdiagnostic sera from patients with rheumatoid arthritis: case-control study nested in a cohort of Norwegian blood donorsK T Jørgensen
Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institut, 5 Artillerivej, DK 2300 Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 67:860-6. 2008..To assess the timing of changes in cytokines, cytokine-related markers, autoantibodies and viral antibodies in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Cytokine measurements and possible interference from heterophilic antibodies--problems and solutions experienced with rheumatoid factorElse Marie Bartels
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Copenhagen University Hospitals Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg, Denmark
Methods 61:18-22. 2013..Another type, rheumatoid factor (RF) is a composite of different autoimmune antibodies which can be present in both blood and synovial fluid...
- Declining trend in the incidence of rheumatoid factor-positive rheumatoid arthritis in Finland 1980-2000Oili Kaipiainen-Seppanen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, P O Box 1777, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Rheumatol 33:2132-8. 2006..To investigate trends in the incidence of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in Finland...
- Multiplexing immunoassays for cytokine detection in the serum of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: lack of sensitivity and interference by rheumatoid factorSarah M Churchman
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:534-42. 2012..were raised regarding their use in rheumatology due to interference by heterophilic antibodies, notably rheumatoid factor (RF)...
- Predictors of radiographic joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritisL M Jansen
Jan van Breemen Instituut, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 60:924-7. 2001..stiffness, disease activity score (DAS28), functional status (Health Assessment Questionnaire (HAQ) score), rheumatoid factor (IgM RF), and C reactive protein (CRP)...
- Association of rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide positivity, but not carriage of shared epitope or PTPN22 susceptibility variants, with anti-tumour necrosis factor response in rheumatoid arthritisC Potter
Arthritis Research Campaign Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 68:69-74. 2009To determine whether rheumatoid factor (RF), anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibodies, or carriage of shared epitope (SE) and PTPN22 genetic susceptibility variants predict response to therapy in patients with rheumatoid ..
- Antibodies against mutated citrullinated vimentin are a better predictor of disease activity at 24 months in early rheumatoid arthritis than antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptidesLena Innala
Department of Rheumatology, Department of Clinical Immunology, and Department of Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Rheumatol 35:1002-8. 2008..To evaluate the predictive values for disease progression of various antibodies against citrullinated peptide proteins (ACPA) and their relation to PTPN22 1858C/T polymorphism and HLA-DRB1 alleles in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Association of the HLA-DRB1 gene with premature death, particularly from cardiovascular disease, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory polyarthritisTracey M Farragher
Arthritis Research Campaign Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:359-69. 2008..To examine the role of the variants of the PTPN22 and HLA-DRB1 genes as predictors of mortality in inflammatory polyarthritis (IP) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- The performance of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies in predicting the severity of radiologic damage in inflammatory polyarthritis: results from the Norfolk Arthritis RegisterM Bukhari
University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Arthritis Rheum 56:2929-35. 2007..peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies are a stronger predictor of the severity of rheumatoid arthritis than is rheumatoid factor (RF)...
- Clinical utility of the anti-CCP assay in patients with rheumatic diseasesD M Lee
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 62:870-4. 2003..To determine the frequency of antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptides (CCP) in a group of patients with a diversity of rheumatic diseases...
- Progression of joint damage in early rheumatoid arthritis: association with HLA-DRB1, rheumatoid factor, and anti-citrullinated protein antibodies in relation to different treatment strategiesJ K de Vries-Bouwstra
VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 58:1293-8. 2008To determine the association of HLA-DRB1, rheumatoid factor (RF), and anti-citrullinated protein antibody (ACPA) status with progression of joint damage in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treated according to different treatment ..
- The number of elevated cytokines and chemokines in preclinical seropositive rheumatoid arthritis predicts time to diagnosis in an age-dependent mannerKevin D Deane
Division of Rheumatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:3161-72. 2010..To evaluate levels of biomarkers in preclinical rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to use elevated biomarkers to develop a model for the prediction of time to future diagnosis of seropositive RA...
- Course of radiographic damage over 10 years in a cohort with early rheumatoid arthritisE Lindqvist
Department of Rheumatology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden Department of Radiology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 62:611-6. 2003..To investigate development of radiographic damage in hands and feet of patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) monitored prospectively for 10 years, and to search for prognostic factors...
- Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies, IgM and IgA rheumatoid factors in the diagnosis and prognosis of rheumatoid arthritisS Bas
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:677-80. 2003....
- Regional differences in Finland in the prevalence of rheumatoid factor in the presence and absence of arthritisT Korpilähde
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Ann Rheum Dis 62:353-5. 2003To look for possible regional differences in the prevalence of rheumatoid factor (RF) in the presence and absence of arthritis.
- Autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis: rheumatoid factors and anticitrullinated protein antibodiesY W Song
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Research Center, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
QJM 103:139-46. 2010..Since rheumatoid factor (RF) was first described, a number of other autoantibodies have been discovered in RA patients...
- Rheumatoid factors in health and disease: structure, function, induction and regulationAnn M Haberman
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Curr Dir Autoimmun 6:169-95. 2003
- Rheumatoid factor and antibodies to cyclic citrullinated Peptide differentiate rheumatoid arthritis from undifferentiated polyarthritis in patients with early arthritisAnnemarie L M A Jansen
Jan van Breemen Instituut and the Department of Rheumatology, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 29:2074-6. 2002To study the diagnostic value of IgM rheumatoid factor (RF), IgA-RF, antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP), and combinations of these antibodies, measured at baseline, to discriminate rheumatoid arthritis (RA) from ..
- Effect of baseline rheumatoid factor and anticitrullinated peptide antibody serotype on rituximab clinical response: a meta-analysisJohn D Isaacs
Newcastle University, Newcastleupon Tyne NE7 7DN, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 72:329-36. 2013Studies examining the relationship between serological status (rheumatoid factor and/or anticitrullinated antibody) and rituximab treatment outcome in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) have been hampered by limited numbers of seronegative ..
- Anti-citrullinated protein/peptide antibodies (ACPA) in rheumatoid arthritis: specificity and relation with rheumatoid factorB Vander Cruyssen
Department of Rheumatology, Ghent University Hospital, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Autoimmun Rev 4:468-74. 2005..Also, the differences between the classical rheumatoid factor (RF) and ACPA, as well as the complementarity between both tests have recently been demonstrated more ..
- Rheumatoid factors: what's new?O M R Westwood
European Institute for Health and Medical Sciences, Duke of Kent Building, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7TE, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:379-85. 2006
- Rheumatoid factor interference in the determination of carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9)Mario Berth
Immunology Department, Algemeen Medisch Laboratorium, Antwerpen, Belgium
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:1137-9. 2006..Determination of CA 19-9 on Vidas, AxSYM and Architect i2000 systems gave normal results. His rheumatoid factor concentration was very high (900 kIU/L) and assay interference was suspected.
- Autoantibody profile in rheumatoid arthritis during long-term infliximab treatmentFrancesca Bobbio-Pallavicini
Department of Rheumatology University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S, Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R264-72. 2004..The proportion of patients who were positive for rheumatoid factor (RF) was similar at baseline and at 78 weeks (87% and 80%, respectively)...
- Rheumatoid arthritis: correlation between rheumatoid factor levels and CA-125 tumour marker elevationNicolas Tsavaris
Ann Rheum Dis 66:980. 2007
- The cellular composition of lymph nodes in the earliest phase of inflammatory arthritisL G M van Baarsen
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 72:1420-4. 2013..Therefore, we investigated the cellular composition of the lymph node in the earliest phases of inflammatory arthritis...
- Superior performance of the CCP3.1 test compared to CCP2 and MCV in the rheumatoid factor-negative RA populationZoltan Szekanecz
Department of Rheumatology, Institute of Medicine, University of Debrecen Medical and Health Science Center, Nagyerdei str 98, Debrecen, 4032, Hungary
Immunol Res 56:439-43. 2013..1 assay, but with special focus on the rheumatoid factor (RF)-negative RA population...
- Anticitrullinated protein antibodies and rheumatoid factor fluctuate in early inflammatory arthritis and do not predict clinical outcomesLillian Barra
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, St Joseph s Health Care London, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 40:1259-67. 2013In inflammatory arthritis, rheumatoid factor (RF) and anticitrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) are believed to be associated with more severe clinical outcomes...
- Rheumatoid factor as predictor of response to abatacept, rituximab and tocilizumab in rheumatoid arthritis: Systematic review and meta-analysisR J Maneiro
Rheumatology Unit, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago, Spain
Semin Arthritis Rheum 43:9-17. 2013To identify if rheumatoid factor (RF) is predictor of response to rituximab (RTX), abatacept (ABT), and tocilizumab (TCZ) in rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Rheumatoid factor determines structural progression of rheumatoid arthritis dependent and independent of disease activityDaniel Aletaha
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine 3, Medical University Vienna, and Second Department of Medicine, Hietzing Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 72:875-80. 2013b>Rheumatoid factor (RF) is prototypic for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and serves diagnostic and prognostic purposes...
- Chronic smoke exposure induces rheumatoid factor and anti-heat shock protein 70 autoantibodies in susceptible mice and humans with lung diseaseMarianna M Newkirk
Department of Medicine, Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Immunol 42:1051-61. 2012..b>Rheumatoid factor (RF), anti-cyclic citrullinated peptides (CCPs), and anti-HSP70 autoantibodies were measured in several ..
- Elevated rheumatoid factor and long term risk of rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective cohort studySune F Nielsen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, 54M1, Herlev Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
BMJ 345:e5244. 2012To test whether elevated concentration of rheumatoid factor is associated with long term development of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides of IgG, IgA and IgM isotype and rheumatoid factor of IgM and IgA isotype are increased in unaffected members of multicase rheumatoid arthritis families from northern SwedenLisbeth Arlestig
Department of Public Health, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 71:825-9. 2012..Rheumatoid factors (RFs) and antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides (CCPs) of IgG, IgA and IgM isotype have been shown to precede disease onset by years...
- The value of rheumatoid factor and anti-citrullinated protein antibodies as predictors of response to infliximab in rheumatoid arthritis: an exploratory studyRuth Klaasen
Department of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1487-93. 2011..We investigated the relationship between the presence and levels of different RF and ACPA isotypes and the response to TNF blockade in an exploratory study...
- The likelihood of persistent arthritis increases with the level of anti-citrullinated peptide antibody and immunoglobulin M rheumatoid factor: a longitudinal study of 376 patients with very early undifferentiated arthritisMaria D Mjaavatten
Department of Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, P, O, Box 23 Vinderen, 0319 Oslo, Norway
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R76. 2010..the importance of the levels of anti-citrullinated peptide antibody (anti-CCP) and immunoglobulin M (IgM) rheumatoid factor (RF) in predicting development of persistent arthritis from undifferentiated arthritis (UA), and to ..
- Misleading results from immunoassays of serum free thyroxine in the presence of rheumatoid factorA G Norden
Department of Chemical Pathology, Chase Farm Hospitals Trust, Middlesex, UK
Clin Chem 43:957-62. 1997A novel interference with measurements of serum free thyroxine (FT4) caused by rheumatoid factor (RhF) is described...
- Smoking increases rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility in individuals carrying the HLA-DRB1 shared epitope, regardless of rheumatoid factor or anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody statusSo Young Bang
Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
Arthritis Rheum 62:369-77. 2010....
- Rheumatoid factor and antibodies against citrullinated peptides in Moroccan patients with rheumatoid arthritis: association with disease parameters and quality of lifeYousra Ibn Yacoub
Department of Rheumatology Pr N Hajjaj Hassouni, El Ayachi Hospital, University Hospital of Rabat Sale, Sale, Morocco
Clin Rheumatol 31:329-34. 2012..Immunological status (rheumatoid factor rate, RF) and antibodies against citrullinated peptides rate (ACPAs) by the Elisa method were examined...
- Smoking is a risk factor for anti-CCP antibodies only in rheumatoid arthritis patients who carry HLA-DRB1 shared epitope allelesS P Linn-Rasker
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 65:366-71. 2006..To study the gene-environment interaction of tobacco exposure and shared epitope on autoantibodies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and undifferentiated arthritis...
- A prospective approach to investigating the natural history of preclinical rheumatoid arthritis (RA) using first-degree relatives of probands with RAJason R Kolfenbach
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:1735-42. 2009..To describe a large, multicenter prospective cohort study of first-degree relatives (FDRs) of probands with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and outline the use of such a study in investigating the natural history of RA development...
- Erroneous augmentation of multiplex assay measurements in patients with rheumatoid arthritis due to heterophilic binding by serum rheumatoid factorDerrick J Todd
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:894-903. 2011Serum rheumatoid factor (RF) and other heterophilic antibodies potentially interfere with antibody-based immunoassays by nonspecifically binding detection reagents...
- The value of HLA-DRB1 shared epitope, -308 tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene promoter polymorphism, rheumatoid factor, anti-citrullinated peptide antibodies, and early erosions for predicting radiological outcome in recent-onset rheumatoid arthritisSonsoles Reneses
Department of Rheumatology, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Seville, Spain
J Rheumatol 36:1143-9. 2009..of HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE), -308 tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) gene promoter polymorphism, rheumatoid factor (RF), anti-citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP), and baseline erosions for predicting radiological ..
- Susceptibility variants for rheumatoid arthritis in the TRAF1-C5 and 6q23 loci: a meta-analysisNikolaos A Patsopoulos
Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology Unit, Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
Ann Rheum Dis 69:561-6. 2010..Furthermore, additional independent studies have investigated the same or highly linked polymorphisms in the same regions...
- Predicting factors for severity of rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective multicenter cohort study of 172 patients over 3 yearsE Wagner
Special Hospital NOEGKK, Baden, Austria
Rheumatol Int 27:1041-8. 2007..Higher initial values for erythrocyte sedimentation rate, IgG and IgM rheumatoid factor, serum concentration of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein, Health Assessment Questionnaire score, Larsen ..
- Influence of HLA DRB1 alleles in the susceptibility of rheumatoid arthritis and the regulation of antibodies against citrullinated proteins and rheumatoid factorAlejandro Balsa
Servicio de Reumatologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana, 261, Madrid, 28046, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R62. 2010The purpose of this study was to investigate the association between HLA-DRB1 alleles with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and production of antibodies against citrullinated proteins (ACPA) and rheumatoid factor (RF).
- Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody isotypes in rheumatoid arthritis: association with disease duration, rheumatoid factor production and the presence of shared epitopeG Lakos
Laboratory of Immunology, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Debrecen, Hungary
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:253-60. 2008..Recent evidence also points to their direct involvement in the pathophysiology. Little information is available, however, regarding the isotype distribution of anti-CCP antibodies and the characteristics of IgA and IgM anti-CCP...
- Arthritis development in patients with arthralgia is strongly associated with anti-citrullinated protein antibody status: a prospective cohort studyW H Bos
Jan van Breemen Instituut, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 69:490-4. 2010..Anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) are associated with increased risk for rheumatoid arthritis...
- Association of rheumatoid arthritis treatment response and disease duration with declines in serum levels of IgM rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodyT R Mikuls
Department of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:3776-82. 2004To examine the association of treatment response and disease duration with changes in rheumatoid factor (RF) and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibody levels among patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody in rheumatoid arthritis: relation with disease aggressivenessN del Val del Amo
Rheumatology Department, Navarra Hospital, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:281-6. 2006..To analyse the value of the anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody (anti-CCP) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) as a prognostic factor, as well as its relationship with disease activity...
- Rheumatoid factors: what do they tell us?Marianna M Newkirk
J Rheumatol 29:2034-40. 2002
- Diagnostic performances of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptides antibody and antifilaggrin antibody in Korean patients with rheumatoid arthritisSuk Woo Choi
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Eulji University, School of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 20:473-8. 2005..Diagnostic performances of the anti-CCP assay and AFA assay were compared with that of rheumatoid factor (RF) latex fixation test...
- Diagnostic tests for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies, anti-keratin antibodies and IgM rheumatoid factorsS Bas
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:809-14. 2002....
- Immune complexes from rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid induce FcgammaRIIa dependent and rheumatoid factor correlated production of tumour necrosis factor-alpha by peripheral blood mononuclear cellsLinda Mathsson
Unit of Clinical Immunology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R64. 2006..b>Rheumatoid factor (RF) develop in response to ICs in many clinical and experimental settings...
- Prevalence and clinical significance of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies in juvenile idiopathic arthritisT Avcin
Department of Paediatrics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 61:608-11. 2002..Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) are considered to be specific for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Reevaluation of the interaction between HLA-DRB1 shared epitope alleles, PTPN22, and smoking in determining susceptibility to autoantibody-positive and autoantibody-negative rheumatoid arthritis in a large UK Caucasian populationAnn W Morgan
Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:2565-76. 2009To define interactions between the HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE), PTPN22, and smoking in cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibody- and rheumatoid factor (RF)-positive and -negative rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- The influence of mannose binding lectin polymorphisms on disease outcome in early polyarthritis. TIRA GroupS Jacobsen
Department of Rheumatology, Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
J Rheumatol 28:935-42. 2001....
- The extent of the anti-citrullinated protein antibody repertoire is associated with arthritis development in patients with seropositive arthralgiaLotte A van de Stadt
Department of Immunopathology, Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratorium, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:128-33. 2011..To determine the fine specificity of anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) in the early phase of arthritis development, the ACPA repertoire in arthralgia patients and the association with arthritis development were studied...
- Prognostic markers of radiographic progression in early rheumatoid arthritisJorg J Goronzy
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:43-54. 2004..To identify prognostic markers that are predictive of progressive erosive disease in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- The relationship between disease activity and radiologic progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a longitudinal analysisPaco M J Welsing
University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:2082-93. 2004....
- Usefulness of anti-CCP antibodies in patients with hepatitis C virus infection with or without arthritis, rheumatoid factor, or cryoglobulinemiaFeng Cheng Liu
Division of Rheumatology Immunology Allergy, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Rheumatol 27:463-7. 2008..was to determine the prevalence of anti-CCP antibodies in HCV-infected patients with or without arthritis, rheumatoid factor (RF), or cryoglobulinemia and to investigate whether anti-CCP antibodies may be helpful in discriminating ..
- The effect of etanercept on anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies and rheumatoid factor in patients with rheumatoid arthritisH A Chen
Section of Allergy Immunology Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Rheum Dis 65:35-9. 2006To evaluate the changes in anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP) and rheumatoid factor (RF) following etanercept treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Levels of anti-citrullinated protein antibodies and IgM rheumatoid factor are not associated with outcome in early arthritis patients: a cohort studyJennie Ursum
Jan van Breemen Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Dr, Jan van Breemenstraat 2, 1056 AB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R8. 2010To investigate whether baseline levels of anti-citrullinated protein antibody (ACPA) or IgM rheumatoid factor (IgM-RF) and changes in the year thereafter are associated with disease activity, functional and radiographic outcome in early ..
- Raised granzyme B levels are associated with erosions in patients with early rheumatoid factor positive rheumatoid arthritisR Goldbach-Mansky
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeltal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 64:715-21. 2005..Raised granzyme B in serum and synovium of patients with rheumatoid arthritis suggests a role for cytotoxic T cells and natural killer cells in the pathogenesis of this disease...
- Rheumatoid factor measured by fluoroimmunoassay: a responsive measure of rheumatoid arthritis disease activity that is associated with joint damageE Knijff-Dutmer
Rheumatology Twente, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 61:603-7. 2002..Further, to study the association of RFs and other disease activity parameters with radiological joint damage, especially in individual patients...
- Rheumatoid factor is the strongest predictor of radiological progression of rheumatoid arthritis in a three-year prospective study in community-recruited patientsO Vittecoq
Inserm Unité 519 and Institut Fédératif de Recherche Multidisciplinaire sur les Peptides IFRMP 23, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Rouen, France
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:939-46. 2003..To evaluate the predictive value of clinical, biological and radiological parameters for the prognosis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in a community-recruited cohort...
- Immediate determination of ACPA and rheumatoid factor--a novel point of care test for detection of anti-MCV antibodies and rheumatoid factor using a lateral-flow immunoassayFranziska Renger
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R120. 2010..The aim of this study was to develop and evaluate a point of care test (POCT) for detection of anti-MCV antibodies immediately at the first visit or at the bed side...
- Rheumatoid factor seropositivity is inversely associated with oral contraceptive use in women without rheumatoid arthritisShailaja S Bhatia
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box B119, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 66:267-9. 2007To examine whether oral contraceptive use is associated with the presence of serum rheumatoid factor in women of reproductive age without rheumatoid arthritis.
- O-glycosylated IgA rheumatoid factor induces IgA deposits and glomerulonephritisMasako Otani
Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:438-46. 2012..In this study, mice implanted with hybridoma secreting 6-19 IgA anti-IgG2a rheumatoid factor, but not 46-42 IgA rheumatoid factor bearing the same IgA allotype, developed mesangial deposits consisting ..
- Rheumatoid factor and antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptides are associated with severe extra-articular manifestations in rheumatoid arthritisC Turesson
Department of Rheumatology, Malmo University Hospital, Södra Förstadsgatan 101, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 66:59-64. 2007To study antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptides (anti-CCP) and rheumatoid factor in patients with active, severe extra-articular rheumatoid arthritis (ExRA) compared with controls without ExRA.
- Basal anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibody levels and a decrease in anti-CCP titres are associated with clinical response to adalimumab in rheumatoid arthritisM Cuchacovich
Rheumatology Section, Department of Medicine, Clinical Hospital, University of Chile
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:1067-73. 2008..To investigate the effect of adalimumab treatment on anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Anti-citrullinated peptide antibodies and rheumatoid factor in Sudanese patients with Leishmania donovani infectionErik Ahlin
Unidade de Imunologia Clinica, Uppsala University, Suecia
Rev Bras Reumatol 51:579-86. 2011The present study evaluated the presence of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptides antibodies (anti-CCP), rheumatoid factor (RF), and circulating immune complexes (CIC) in Sudanese patients infected with the Leishmania donovani parasite.
- Familial risks and heritability of rheumatoid arthritis: role of rheumatoid factor/anti-citrullinated protein antibody status, number and type of affected relatives, sex, and ageThomas Frisell
Karolinska Institutet, Solna, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 65:2773-82. 2013..arthritis (RA) in 3 large population-representative samples and to test if familial aggregation is affected by rheumatoid factor (RF)/anti-citrullinated protein antibody (ACPA) status, type of relative, sex, and age at onset of RA.
- Multiplexed immunoassay for detection of rheumatoid factors by FIDISTM technologyI Abreu
Faculty of Medical Sciences, Department of Immunology, New University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1050:357-63. 2005..2%; ELISA human 93.2%, 95.5%; and ELISA animal 74.6%, 91.3%. The results showed the efficiency of FIDIS with analytical performance equivalent to the conventional methods, but having the advantage of giving quantitative results (IU/mL)...
- Comparison of CpG s-ODNs, chromatin immune complexes, and dsDNA fragment immune complexes in the TLR9-dependent activation of rheumatoid factor B cellsAnn Marshak-Rothstein
Department of Microbiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Endotoxin Res 10:247-51. 2004..stranded DNA fragments ( approximately 600 bp) can all effectively stimulate transgenic B cells expressing a rheumatoid factor receptor by a TLR9-dependent process...
- Rheumatoid factor, complement, and mixed cryoglobulinemiaPeter D Gorevic
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Division of Rheumatalogy, Annenberg Building, Room 21 056, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:439018. 2012..Potential activators include monoclonal IgM rheumatoid factor (RF), IgG antibodies, and the complexing of the two in the cold, perhaps modulated by the rheology and ..
- Perinatal and early childhood risk factors associated with rheumatoid factor positivity in a healthy paediatric populationKendra A Young
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box B119, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 66:179-83. 2007To examine perinatal and childhood risk factors for the presence of rheumatoid factor in healthy children.
- Elevated levels of IgM and IgA antibodies to Proteus mirabilis and IgM antibodies to Escherichia coli are associated with early rheumatoid factor (RF)-positive rheumatoid arthritisM M Newkirk
McGill University Health Centre, 1650 Cedar Ave, Montreal, QC, Canada H3G 1A4
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1433-41. 2005..Antibodies to Proteus mirabilis were previously detected in patients with established rheumatoid arthritis (RA). We examined the prevalence of antibodies to P. mirabilis and their associations with RA in early synovitis patients...
- Distinct bacterial colonization patterns of Escherichia coli subtypes associate with rheumatoid factor status in early inflammatory arthritisMarianna M Newkirk
Research Institute of McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1311-6. 2010..The strongest association was observed for RF(+) RA. We compare colonization patterns of these bacteria, and the anti-bacterial antibody levels in early onset RF(+) and RF(-) inflammatory arthritis...
- Anti-CCP antibody and rheumatoid factor concentrations predict greater disease activity in men with rheumatoid arthritisBenjamin J Miriovsky
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Rheumatology and Immunology, 986270 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6270, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1292-7. 2010To examine associations of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (aCCP) antibody and rheumatoid factor (RF) concentrations with future disease activity in men with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Anti-chromatin antibodies drive in vivo antigen-specific activation and somatic hypermutation of rheumatoid factor B cells at extrafollicular sitesRobin A Herlands
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8035, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:3339-51. 2007..antibody, presumably by forming immune complexes with released nuclear material, drives activation of rheumatoid factor B cells in AM14 Tg mice...
- Moyamoya disease associated with positive findings for rheumatoid factor and myeloperoxidase-anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodyY Yanagawa
Departments of Traumatology and Critical Care Medicine, National Defense Medical College NDMC, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
West Indian Med J 56:282-4. 2007..This case indicates that immunological factors, inflammation or vasculitis might have possibly been associated with the development of either an obstruction or stenosis of the intracranial internal carotid arteries...
- The presence of anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) and rheumatoid factor on patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) does not interfere with the chance of clinical remission in a follow-up of 3 yearsLicia Maria Henrique da Mota
Rheumatology Division, Hospital Universitário de Brasília da Universidade de Brasília, SHLS 716 916 Bloco E salas 501 502, Centro Médico de Brasília, Asa Sul, Brasilia, DF CEP 71660020, Brazil
Rheumatol Int 32:3807-12. 2012..arthritis (<12 months of symptoms) in order to determine the association between serological markers (rheumatoid factor (RF), anti-citrullinated protein antibodies) such as anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP) ..
- Anti-CCP antibodies: the new rheumatoid factor in the serology of rheumatoid arthritisWalther J van Venrooij
Department of Biochemistry 161, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Autoimmun Rev 3:S17-9. 2004
- Differential requirements for induction of total immunoglobulin and physiological rheumatoid factor production by human peripheral blood B cellsW J van Esch
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 123:496-504. 2001..Together, these results indicate that conditions for the induction of total Ig and physiological RFs are different...
- Lack of seroconversion of rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide in patients with early inflammatory arthritis: a systematic literature reviewLillian Barra
St Joseph s Health Care, London N6A 4V2, ON, Canada
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:311-6. 2011..The objective of this study is to determine the per cent RF and anti-CCP seroconversion in EIA patients at 1-5 years of follow-up: 80% of established RA is RF or CCP positive...
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate, C-reactive protein, or rheumatoid factor are normal at presentation in 35%-45% of patients with rheumatoid arthritis seen between 1980 and 2004: analyses from Finland and the United StatesTuulikki Sokka
Jyvaskyla Central Hospital, 40620 Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Rheumatol 36:1387-90. 2009To analyze erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), C-reactive protein (CRP), and rheumatoid factor (RF) tests in 2 databases of consecutive patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) over 25 years between 1980 and 2004, in Finland and the USA.
- Antinuclear antibody and rheumatoid factor in silica-exposed workersOmid Aminian
Department of Occupational Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 60:185-90. 2009..The aim of this study was to measure antinuclear antibody (ANA) and rheumatoid factor (RF) levels in foundry workers exposed to silica and to compare them with a control group without such ..
- Thyroxin overdose due to rheumatoid factor interferences in thyroid-stimulating hormone assaysAgnès Georges
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital and University Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:873-5. 2011Immunoassays are susceptible to interferences by anti-hormone antibodies, heterophilic antibodies or rheumatoid factor (RF).
- Cryoglobulinemia induced by a murine IgG3 rheumatoid factor: skin vasculitis and glomerulonephritis arise from distinct pathogenic mechanismsL Reininger
Department of Pathology, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:10038-42. 1990..mAb)--6-19 (gamma 3 heavy chain and kappa light chain), exhibiting both cryoglobulin and anti-IgG2a rheumatoid factor (RF) activities--derived from the MRL-lpr/lpr autoimmune mouse...
- The diagnostic utility of the anti-CCP antibody test is no better than rheumatoid factor in South Africans with early rheumatoid arthritisBridget Hodkinson
Division of Rheumatology, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital and University of the Witwatersrand, P O Bertsham, Johannesburg, South Africa
Clin Rheumatol 29:615-8. 2010..A cross-sectional study comparing the rheumatoid factor (RF) and aCCP status in RA patients and a control group consisting of healthy subjects, and patients with ..
- [Study on the differential gene expression of peripheral CD4+ among rheumatoid arthritis patients of cold or heat syndrome type with or without rheumatoid factor]Cheng Xiao
Institute of Basic Theory, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:689-93. 2006To explore the differential gene expression of peripheral CD4+ among rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients of cold or heat syndrome type with or without rheumatoid factor (RF).
- Rheumatoid factor interference in a tacrolimus immunoassayBernardí Barceló Martín
Servei d Anàlisis Clíniques, Hospital Son Dureta, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 31:743-5. 2009..The role of rheumatoid factor (RF) as a cause of immunoassay interferences is well known...
- IMMUNOGENETICS OF COLLAGEN INDUCED ARTHRITIS IN MICEChella David; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) susceptible HLA transgenic mice produce rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibodies similar to that in RA patients...
- Defining the molecular determinants of the threshold for autoimmune arthritisLih Yun Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2013..YYAA mice, like SKG mice, develop rheumatoid factor antibodies, but fail to develop autoimmune arthritis...
- IMMUNOGENETICS OF COLLAGEN INDUCED ARTHRITIS IN MICEVeena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) susceptible HLA transgenic mice produce rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibodies similar to that in RA patients...
- Impact of smoking on immune response and arthritis in humanized miceVeena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2011..Collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) susceptible HLA transgenic mice produce rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (ACPA) similar to that in patients....
- Role of B cells in pathogenesis of Collagen-induced Arthritis in Humanized MiceVeena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2012..CIA susceptible HLA transgenic mice produce rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibodies similar to that in patients...
- Pre-BCR Function Selecting Novel B Cell Receptors in Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaKyoko Hayakawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..Some years later, we (and others) showed that production of autoantibody rheumatoid factor was enriched in human CD5+ B-cells...
- Mechanisms of Autoimmune Activation and Regulation by Innate Immune ReceptorsMark J Shlomchik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Via collaboration, the Rothstein and Shlomchik labs previously demonstrated that activation of rheumatoid factor (RF)-specific B cells by their antigenic immune-complexes was greatly potentiated if chromatin was contained ..
- Family History, Genes, Environment and G X E Interaction in Predicting RA RiskElizabeth W Karlson; Fiscal Year: 2013..in predicting immune phenotypes of RA: RA with and without CCP antibodies (CCP?), and RA with and without rheumatoid factor antibodies (RF?);and 2c: Apply this comprehensive risk model to RA cases and controls and to subsets of RA ..
- Impact of genetic variation TLR/CD14 pathways and smoking in RATED RICHARD MIKULS; Fiscal Year: 2011..RA- specific outcomes that will be examined include radiographic measures (modified Sharp score), rheumatoid factor (RF), anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibody, and extra-articular disease (nodules and lung ..
- Immune complexes: origins and effects in HCV infectionLynn B Dustin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We found that patients with MC have clonal or oligoclonal expansions of B cells expressing rheumatoid factor (RF)-like IgM, frequently encoded by VH1-69, JH4, and V:3-20 Ig gene segments...
- Activation and regulation of autoreactive B cells in health and diseaseMark J Shlomchik; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have been using the AM14 rheumatoid factor (RF) Ig transgenic mouse system to investigate the regulation of autoreactive B cells in normal and disease ..
- B Cell Development Defects in Murine LupusLaurence Morel; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use immunoglobulin HC transgenes, rheumatoid factor (RF) AM14, anti-DNA 56R, and anti-phosphorycholine (PC) M167 as a control, to track the fate of autoreactive ..
- The Pathogenesis of Autoimmunity in Hepatitis C Virus InfectionEdgar D Charles; Fiscal Year: 2012..In HCV MC, the cryoglobulins usually contain a monoclonal immunoglobulin (Ig) M rheumatoid factor (RF) associated with polyclonal IgG...
- Mechanisms of B-Cell Tolerance in a Mouse Model of LupusAllison Sang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this system, the AM14 rheumatoid factor (RF) binds exclusively to IgG2aa and not IgG2ab antibodies...
- Defining the complex genetics of JIASusan D Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The two most common subtypes, and the focus of this study, are the oligoarticular and IgM rheumatoid factor negative (RF-) polyarticular forms of JIA...
- IL-4 Signaling Pathway Regulation of Sjogren's SyndromeAMMON PECK; Fiscal Year: 2004..syndrome includes detection of leukocytic infiltrates in the minor salivary glands, the presence of rheumatoid factor, hypergammaglobulinemia, specific anti-nuclear autoantibodies, loss of stimulated fluid secretion, and ..
- HEPATITIS C VIRUS IN ETIOLOGY OF WA RHEUMATOID FACTORSVincent Agnello; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is postulated from this hypothesis that initially a WA+ RF- IgM is produced and that rheumatoid factor activity arises as a result of a point mutation in the CDR3 with chronic HCV infection...
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISC Kwoh; Fiscal Year: 1993..of family members will be verified using a detailed structured history and physical examination, and serum rheumatoid factor testing...
- HEPATITIS C AND CRYOGLOBULINEMIAWarren Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 1999..The hallmark of EMC is the appearance of cold insoluble globulins with Rheumatoid Factor (RF) and cryoprecipitates...
- M3 RECEPTOR: DIAGNOSTIC MARKER FOR SJOGREN'S SYNDROMEMICHAEL HUMPHREYS BEHER; Fiscal Year: 2000..detection of lymphocytic infiltrates in biopsies of the labial glands, the presence of autoantibodies to rheumatoid factor and cellular components (e.g...
- Treatment of Early Aggressive Rheumatoid Arthritis TEARLarry Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2001..clinical phenotype defined by presence of erosions on hand or feet radiographs, or positive serum rheumatoid factor, plus active synovitis of multiple joints...
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, 1993Edward Harris; Fiscal Year: 1993..tentatively Zurier and Lewis), "Cytokines and their Inhibitors" (Amento and Dingle), "B Cell Activation and Rheumatoid Factor" (Lipsky), "Overview on Rheumatoid Factor" (Natvig), "The Proliferative Lesion of Rheumatoid Arthritis ..
- Dys/Regulation of the Immune System in AutoimmunityRichard Flavell; Fiscal Year: 2006..mouse models will be used to study the regulation of B cells expressing a disease- related autoantibody, rheumatoid factor (RF), in normal and autoimmune mice...
- HUMORAL ANTIBODIES ACCOMPANYING HOMOGRAFTSBoris Albini; Fiscal Year: 1990..This study will be primarily preoccupied with detection of IgG rheumatoid factor, but also studies will be continued on heterophile transplantation antibodies and antibodies to Wassermann-..
- Activation and Regulation of Rheumatoid Factor B cellsMark Shlomchik; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- NEW MODALITIES FOR ACTIVE IMMUNOTHERAPY OF MALIGNANCIESThomas Kipps; Fiscal Year: 1993..3) investigate modalities of active immunotherapy for a transplantable murine B cell hybridoma expressing rheumatoid factor (RF) encoded by murine Ig variable region genes (V genes) that have not diversified substantially from the ..
- Testing in Vivo Roles of TLRs in Systemic AutoimmunityMark Shlomchik; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recently, it was demonstrated by the Rothstein and Shlomchik labs that activation of rheumatoid factor (RF)-specific B cells by their antigenic immune-complexes was greatly potentiated if chromatin was contained ..
- INHIBITION OF IL-6 AND STAT3 IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISLionel Ivashkiv; Fiscal Year: 1999..been clarified, but potential mechanisms include activation of macrophages, stimulation of local antibody (rheumatoid factor) production, activation of T cells, and stimulation of myeloid and fibroblast differentiation into cells ..
- VARIABLE REGION GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN AUTOANTIBODIESGregg Silverman; Fiscal Year: 1992..Monoclonal IgM paraproteins with rheumatoid factor (RF) activity have been shown to preferentially use germline encoded light chains of the kappa III subgroup...
- TLR/BCR Synergy in an Autoreactive B Cell ActivationAnn Marshak Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, these rheumatoid factor (RF) producing B cells proliferate vigorously in response to IC consisting of IgG2a bound to chromatin (..
- M3 Receptor--Diagnostic Marker for Sjogren's SyndromeAMMON PECK; Fiscal Year: 2003..syndrome involves detection of lymphocytic infiltrates in biopsies of the labial glands; the presence of rheumatoid factor, serum antibodies reactive with cellular components (e.g...
- ORIGIN OF RHEUMATOID FACTORSJAN HILLSON; Fiscal Year: 1993..The approach will be establish immortalized rheumatoid factor secreting cell lines from four populations: newly emerging lymphocytes from fetal liver; corresponding fetal ..
- HIV AND CMV RETINITISJay Pepose; Fiscal Year: 1992..of these tests will be correlated with death-to-cardiac puncture time, degree of hemolysis, presence of rheumatoid factor and the use of serum separators...
- GENETIC CONTROL OF AUTOIMMUNITYMartin Weigert; Fiscal Year: 1999..Thus, there must be an active mechanism for maintaining self-tolerance. Our studies using anti-DNA and Rheumatoid Factor transgenics revealed several mechanisms by which autoantibodies were regulated, namely, deletion, anergy and ..
- IMMUNOPATHOLOGIC STUDIESFRANK DIXON; Fiscal Year: 1990..Third, an analysis of rheumatoid factor (RF) by serologic and structural studies at the clonal level will be undertaken in an effort to define the ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC BASIS OF RF IN RADick Robbins; Fiscal Year: 1993..of this research project is to better define and characterize the molecular genetic basis and uniqueness of rheumatoid factor (RF) expression in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- ROLE OF CD30: CD153-PATHOGENESIS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISAndrea Cerutti; Fiscal Year: 2003..display increased levels of synovial soluble CD3O that positively correlate with the levels of circulating rheumatoid factor as well as with the disease activity...
- ROLE OF RF-LIKE IGM IN RESISTANCE TO MALARIAREUEL HOOK; Fiscal Year: 1991DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the Applicant's Abstract): Although rheumatoid factor-like IgM (Rf-like) has been demonstrated to augment the effect of parasite-specific IgG in vitro, the in vivo role of RF-like IgM in parasite is less clear...
- HUMAN ANTIBODY DIVERSITY IN HEALTH & AUTOIMMUNITYThomas Kipps; Fiscal Year: 1990..gene expression, the relationship between isotype switching and V gene somatic mutation, the association of rheumatoid factor activity with major cross reactive idiotypic determinants...
- Estrogenic Regulation of Inflammation Related to TMJDPhillip Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Fc gamma RIIIA is a receptor that selectively binds IgG molecules, an important rheumatoid factor (RF) in auto-immune disease...
- HLA-D AND IA-LIKE ANTIGENS IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISPeter Stastny; Fiscal Year: 1980..haplotypes, but not having developed the disease, will be investigated to determine whether they produce rheumatoid factor. In addition, their immune response to Epstein-Barr virus-determined antigens will be studied...
- ROLE OF RHEUMATOID FACTOR IN IMMUNOREGULATIONMonte Hobbs; Fiscal Year: 1990In humans, increases in rheumatoid factor (RF) production are associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and other autoimmune syndromes, chronic viral and bacterial infections, and secondary antigen challenge...
- NATURAL IGM AND IMMUNITY AND AUTOIMMUNITYJianzhu Chen; Fiscal Year: 1999..Autoantibodies, including IgM rheumatoid factor, are often associated with human rheumatoid disease...
- MECHANISM OF AUTOREACTIVITY IN SLERobert Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..are more prominent in the congenic lpr mice; for example, C57BL/6-lpr mice produce higher levels of IgM rheumatoid factor with specificity for IgG2b than do MRL/lpr mice...
- THE IMMUNE RESPONSE IN HUMAN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASESRobert Fox; Fiscal Year: 1991..b>Rheumatoid factor (anti-IgG) in the sera of SS patients contains a cross reactive idiotype (CRI) defined by a monoclonal ..
- PATHOGENIC AUTOREACTIVE T CELLS IN MURINE AUTOIMMUNITYIan Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..these adoptive transfer experiments; in additional to conventional antigen presenting cells (APC), rheumatoid factor expressing transgenic B cells pulsed with immune complexes will be used as a source of APC; 2) developing a ..
- Human TNFa-Induced Pre-B Cell Bone Marrow EmigrantsMARC LEVESQUE; Fiscal Year: 2007..the administration of agents that neutralize TNFa promotes resolution of clinical symptoms and reductions in rheumatoid factor production...
- PATHOGENETIC ROLE OF RF COMPLEMENT IN ARTHRITISDick Robbins; Fiscal Year: 1980The purpose of this research project is to attempt to better understand the pathogenetic role of rheumatoid factor and complement in the inflammatory process producing tissue damage in rheumatoid arthritis...
- Role of the MHC Class II tranactivator gene in lupus and rheumatoid arthritisPAOLA GRASSO BRONSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Associations with specific RA phenotypes (rheumatoid factor (RF), anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) positivity, and erosive disease) in the RA families will ..
- Gene-Environment Interactions in RA Autoimmunity and Disease SeverityTed Mikuls; Fiscal Year: 2009..RA-specific outcomes that will be examined include radiographic measures (modified Sharp score), nodules, rheumatoid factor (RF), and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibody...
- CELLULAR CONTROL OF EB VIRUS IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISHARRY BLUESTEIN; Fiscal Year: 1990..While EBV infection is not likely to be the initiating event in RA, it may, by virtue of its ability to modulate immune responses and enhance rheumatoid factor production, play a role in the perpetuation of the disease.
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF B LYMPHOCYTE NEGATIVE SIGNALINGKENNETH COGGESHALL; Fiscal Year: 1999..Furthermore, rheumatoid factor, an IgM anti-IgG Fc antibody, can block negative signaling by interfering with the binding secreted Ig with ..