Genomes and Genes
Summary: Antiphospholipid antibodies found in association with systemic lupus erythematosus (LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS, SYSTEMIC;), ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME; and in a variety of other diseases as well as in healthy individuals. The antibodies are detected by solid-phase IMMUNOASSAY employing the purified phospholipid antigen CARDIOLIPIN.
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: characterization in relation to antiphospholipid syndromeJ Ordi-Ros
Department of Internal Medicine, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:241-4. 2000..Finally, no cross-reactivity between aCL antibodies and HCV antigens was observed. As previously reported, aCL antibodies seem to be an epiphenomenon, and they do not have clinical or laboratory significance in HCV patients...
- Estimation of anticardiolipin antibodies, anti-beta2 glycoprotein I antibodies and lupus anticoagulant in a prospective longitudinal study of children with juvenile idiopathic arthritisT Avcin
Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:101-8. 2002b>Anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) have been frequently detected in juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), but have not been associated with disease activity or clinical features of the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Complement-fixing activity of anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with and without thrombosisM M Shinzato
Division of Rheumatology, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lupus 14:953-8. 2005We have analysed in vitro the complement-fixing activity of anticardiolipin antibodies (C-fix aCL) from patients with persistent and moderate/high titres IgG aCL antibodies: 21 with thrombosis and 11 without thrombosis...
- Autoantibody profile in rheumatoid arthritis during long-term infliximab treatmentFrancesca Bobbio-Pallavicini
Department of Rheumatology University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S, Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R264-72. 2004..DNA antibodies is a transient phenomenon, despite a stable increase in antinuclear and anticardiolipin antibodies. Also, the evolution of RF titres and that of anti-CCP antibody titres differed during long-term ..
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with multiple sclerosis do not represent a subgroup of patients according to clinical, familial, and biological characteristicsO Heinzlef
Department of Neurology, Tenon Hospital, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 72:647-9. 2002In multiple sclerosis (MS), case control studies have shown that anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL Ab) are more frequent than in the general population and that aCL Ab positivity may be associated with specific clinical characteristics.
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in the sera of patients with diagnosed chronic fatigue syndromeYOSHITSUGI HOKAMA
Department of Pathology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
J Clin Lab Anal 23:210-2. 2009Examination of anticardiolipin antibodies (ACAs) in the sera of patients clinically diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) using an enzyme-linked immunoassay procedure demonstrated the presence of immunoglobulin M isotypes in 95% ..
- Clinical manifestations and vascular events in patients with lupus erythematosus anticardiolipin antibodies and raynaud's phenomenonVanessa E Rodriguez
Rheumatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Sun Juan 00936 5067
P R Health Sci J 25:307-13. 2006Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) and anticardiolipin antibodies (ACL) are two common clinical manifestations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). RP may lead to digital or limb loss. ACL are associated to thrombotic episodes...
- IgG and IgM anticardiolipin antibodies following treatment with infliximab plus methotrexate in patients with early rheumatoid arthritisSudha Visvanathan
Centocor, Inc, Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2840-4. 2006To assess the occurrence of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) receiving treatment with infliximab plus methotrexate (MTX) versus MTX alone.
- Anticardiolipin antibodies from patients with the antiphospholipid antibody syndrome recognize epitopes in both beta(2)-glycoprotein 1 and oxidized low-density lipoproteinS Horkko
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, USA
Circulation 103:941-6. 2001We recently suggested that many anticardiolipin antibodies bind only to oxidized cardiolipin (OxCL) and/or to OxCL-beta(2)-glycoprotein 1 (beta(2)GP1) adducts but not to a "reduced" cardiolipin that is unable to undergo oxidation...
- Neonatal cerebral ischaemia with elevated maternal and infant anticardiolipin antibodiesG Chow
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 42:412-3. 2000..The baby's mother had raised IgG and IgM anticardiolipin antibodies and the baby had IgG anticardiolipin antibodies at the upper range of normal 4 days after delivery...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in sclerodermaRaymond J Enzenauer
J Clin Rheumatol 12:324-6. 2006
- Prenatal transfer of anticardiolipin antibodies associated with fatal neonatal aortic thrombosisJeremy Tuohy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 45:175-6. 2005
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in HIV infection are independently associated with antibodies to the membrane proximal external region of gp41 and with cell-associated HIV DNA and immune activationValerie Martinez
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, UMR INSERM 543, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 48:123-32. 2009..The demonstration of in vitro cardiolipin reactivity with 2 human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-specific, broadly neutralizing antibodies (2F5 and 4E10) has prompted reevaluation of autoimmune manifestations in HIV infection...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in Hashimoto's diseaseO Osundeko
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Endocr Pract 7:181-3. 2001OBJECTIVE: To ascertain the presence and significance of anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with Hashimoto's disease. METHODS: We studied 19 patients (15 women and 4 men; age range, 26 to 79 years) with Hashimoto's disease...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies as a risk factor for venous thromboembolism in a population-based prospective studyShauna S Runchey
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454 1015, USA
Br J Haematol 119:1005-10. 2002b>Anticardiolipin antibodies, one of the family of 'antiphospholipid' antibodies, increase the risk of venous thromboembolism in the presence of autoimmune disease...
- A case of multiple sclerosis associated with rheumatoid arthritis and positive anticardiolipin antibodiesS Mpofu
Ann Rheum Dis 62:376. 2003
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in hemodialysis patients with hepatitis C and their role in fistula failureS Ozmen
Department of Nephrology, Dicle University School of Medicine, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Clin Nephrol 72:193-8. 2009Several conflicting results are presently reported regarding raised IgG and IgM-anticardiolipin antibodies (ACA) titers in hemodialysis (HD) patients and their role in vascular access dysfunction...
- Malignant atrophic papulosis: endocardial involvement and positive anticardiolipin antibodiesE Saglik
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:602-3. 2006
- Enhancement of human platelet activation by the combination of low concentrations of collagen and rabbit anticardiolipin antibodiesLai Wang
Department of Life Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Br J Haematol 118:1152-62. 2002Low concentrations of collagen and anticardiolipin antibodies (ACLA), which were raised in rabbits by immunization with cardiolipin (CL), co-operatively activated human gel-filtrated platelets (GFP)...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies during hormone replacement therapy in healthy postmenopausal womenMaria Todorova
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University, Georgi Sofiiski Street 1, Sofia 1431, Bulgaria
Maturitas 48:393-7. 2004..The aim of the study was to investigate IgG and IgM anticardiolipin (aCL) antibodies in the course of hormone replacement therapy (HRT)...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies are not a useful screening tool in a nonselected large group of patients with multiple sclerosisJ Sastre-Garriga
, H. Universitari Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Neurol 49:408-11. 2001..be clinically distinguished from multiple sclerosis (MS) recommend that MS patients be screened for anticardiolipin antibodies (ACA)...
- Neuropsychiatric lupus syndromes: relationship with antiphospholipid antibodiesAntonella Afeltra
University Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Neurology 61:108-10. 2003..Sixty-one consecutive SLE patients were studied. Neuropsychiatric manifestations consistent with the diagnosis of NPSLE occurred in 44 (72%). Patients with NPSLE showed significantly higher levels of anticardiolipin antibodies.
- A prospective study of anticardiolipin antibodies as a risk factor for venous thrombosis in a general population (the HUNT study)I A Naess
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
J Thromb Haemost 4:44-9. 2006..Prethrombotic serum anticardiolipin antibodies were measured by an enzyme-linked immunoassay...
- High prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with HCV-associated oral lichen planusY Nagao
Research Center for Innovative Cancer Therapy, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Int J Mol Med 9:293-7. 2002..In addition, anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) and cryoglobulin have been demonstrated in chronic hepatitis C...
- A comparative audit of anticardiolipin antibodies in oligoclonal band negative and positive multiple sclerosisJanek Vilisaar
University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Mult Scler 11:378-80. 2005It has been suggested that multiple sclerosis (MS) patients with positive anticardiolipin antibodies (ACLA) have some atypical features, including absent oligoclonal bands (OCB) in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)...
- Increased thromboembolic incidence in anti-cardiolipin-positive patients with malignancyE Zuckerman
Department of Internal Medicine A, Bnai Zion Medical Centre, Haifa, Israel
Br J Cancer 72:447-51. 1995..Patients with malignancies show an increased prevalence of ACLA. Furthermore, ACLA-positive patients, mainly those with high titres, are much more prone to thromboembolic events...
- Elevated IgA and IgM anticardiolipin antibodies in acute Kawasaki diseaseMonesha Gupta
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, N Y, USA
Cardiology 97:180-2. 2002There is marked activation of the endothelium and immune system in Kawasaki disease. Anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) can cause activation of the endothelium...
- Lupus anticoagulants are stronger risk factors for thrombosis than anticardiolipin antibodies in the antiphospholipid syndrome: a systematic review of the literatureMonica Galli
Division of Hematology, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Blood 101:1827-32. 2003To formally establish the risk of lupus anticoagulants and anticardiolipin antibodies for arterial and venous thrombosis, we ran a MEDLINE search of the literature from 1988 to 2000...
- Neuropsychiatric manifestations in systemic lupus erythematosus: prevalence and association with antiphospholipid antibodiesGiovanni Sanna
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, London, UK
J Rheumatol 30:985-92. 2003..Neuropsychometric testing was applied by a neuropsychologist. Univariate and multivariate statistical analyses were applied to evaluate the association bewteen NP manifestations, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) abnormalities, and aPL...
- The role of aspirin versus aspirin and heparin in cases of recurrent abortions with raised anticardiolipin antibodiesNeha Goel
Department of Anatomy, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals, New Delhi, India
Med Sci Monit 12:CR132-6. 2006The present study was undertaken to compare the role of aspirin versus aspirin plus heparin combination in pregnant women with poor obstetric history and raised anticardiolipin antibodies IgG (IgG(acl)).
- Anti-beta2 glycoprotein I and anticardiolipin antibodies in leptospirosis, syphilis and Kala-azarM Santiago
Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Saúde Pública Hospital Santa Izabel, Bahia, Brazil
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:425-30. 2001..The aim of the present study was determine the prevalence of antibodies to cardiolipin and to beta2GPI in patients with different infectious diseases, including leptospirosis, syphilis and leishmaniasis...
- Cross-reactivity of IgM and IgG anticardiolipin antibodies with oxidized-low density lipoproteinsJ Damoiseaux
Department of Clinical and Experimental Immunology, University Hospital Maastricht, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1050:163-9. 2005b>Anticardiolipin antibodies (aCLAs) and antibodies to oxidized-low density lipoproteins (oxLDL) are associated with two distinct diseases: the antiphospholipid syndrome and atherosclerosis...
- Cofactor dependence and isotype distribution of anticardiolipin antibodies in viral infectionsH Guglielmone
Laboratorio de Análisis Clínicos Especializados LACE, Cordoba, Argentina
Ann Rheum Dis 60:500-4. 2001..Antibodies to cardiolipin (aCLs) are often detected in patients with autoimmune disorders or infectious diseases...
- Association between anticardiolipin antibodies and recurrent cardiac events in patients with acute coronary syndromeAdalet Gurlek
Department of Cardiology, University of Ankara, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Int Heart J 46:631-8. 2005..These results suggest that 1) restenosis occurs more frequently in anticardiolipin positive patients and 2) no association is evident between positive aCL and mortality, reinfarction, and intracardiac thrombus...
- Detection of 'antiphospholipid' antibodies: a single chromogenic assay of thrombin generation sensitively detects lupus anticoagulants, anticardiolipin antibodies, plus antibodies binding beta(2)-glycoprotein I and prothrombinY Sheng
Department of Medicine, St George Hospital, Kogarah and the University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Immunol 124:502-8. 2001..All MoAbs binding beta(2)GPI showed inhibition of thrombin generation, while MoAbs binding domain I of beta(2)GPI had more LA effect...
- Probing antiphospholipid-mediated thrombosis: the interplay between anticardiolipin antibodies and endothelial cellsS S Pierangeli
Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Lupus 12:539-45. 2003..Hence, the interplay between aPL antibodies and ECs is important inthe pathogenesis of thrombosis in APS...
- Frequent occurrence of anticardiolipin antibodies, Factor V Leiden mutation, and perturbed endothelial function in chronic myeloproliferative disordersMorten Krogh Jensen
Department of Haematology, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Hematol 69:185-91. 2002..b>Anticardiolipin antibodies of IgM subtype (median 38 U/mL, 33-99) were detected in 11 patients (22%) and only in one control (3%) (..
- Celiac disease associated with nodular regenerative hyperplasia, pulmonary abnormalities, and IgA anticardiolipin antibodiesEduardo Luiz R Cancado
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:135-9. 2006..IgA anticardiolipin antibodies were reported recently in celiac patients with nodular regenerative hyperplasia...
- Behçet's disease with vascular involvement: the contribution of anticardiolipin antibodies and thrombomodulinH Nakano
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 528:395-8. 2003
- Longitudinal study of antinuclear and anticardiolipin antibodies in pregnant women with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndromeMario Salazar-Paramo
Clinical Epidemiology Research Unit, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Medico Nacional de Occidente, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social and Department of Physiology, CUCS, Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
Rheumatol Int 22:142-7. 2002The objective of this study was to perform a longitudinal follow-up of antinuclear antibodies (ANAs) and anticardiolipin antibodies titers (aCL) throughout pregnancy in a group of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and ..
- The presence of multiple prothrombotic risk factors is associated with a higher risk of thrombosis in individuals with anticardiolipin antibodiesMarie Hudson
Division of Rheumatology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Rheumatol 30:2385-91. 2003To explore the effect of multiple prothrombotic risk factors in individuals with anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL), we evaluated immunologic, coagulation, and genetic prothrombotic abnormalities in a cohort of individuals with different ..
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in women with unexplained infertilityL Radojcic
Military Medical Academy, Department of Gynecology, Zemun, Serbia adn Montenegro
Physiol Res 53:91-6. 2004..4 %) compared to the fertile controls (18.5 %). Increased incidence of aCL and TgAt in infertile women supports the contention that these autoantibodies contribute to the infertility..
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in chronic hepatitis B and chronic hepatitis D infection, and hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Relationship with portal vein thrombosisIoannis S Elefsiniotis
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, University of Athens, Helena Venizelou Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:721-6. 2003To assess the presence of anticardiolipin antibodies (ACAs) in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, chronic hepatitis D virus (HDV) infection and HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and to associate this with ..
- Anticardiolipin antibodies and risk of ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack: the Framingham cohort and offspring studyVallabh Janardhan
Department of Neurology, Boston University, Boston, Mass, USA
Stroke 35:736-41. 2004The role of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCLs) as novel risk factors for ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs) has been a matter of debate. Prior cohort studies included only selected subjects, mostly men...
- Digital skin necrosis in congenital afibrinogenaemia associated with hepatitis C virus infection, mixed cryoglobulinaemia and anticardiolipin antibodiesCéline Girard
Service de Dermatologie, CHU, Montpellier, France
Acta Derm Venereol 85:56-9. 2005..Laboratory investigations showed the presence of mixed cryoglobulinaemia and anticardiolipin antibodies. Resolution occurred with plasmapheresis...
- Evidence that anticardiolipin antibodies are independent risk factors for atherosclerotic vascular diseaseC J Glueck
Cholesterol Center, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Am J Cardiol 83:1490-4, A8. 1999Thrombophilic anticardiolipin antibodies (ACLAs) are independent risk factors for atherosclerotic vascular disease...
- Cardiolipin binding a light chain from lupus-prone miceB Pereira
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston 77030, USA
Biochemistry 37:1430-7. 1998....
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with post-streptococcal reactive arthritisN Tamura
Ann Rheum Dis 61:374. 2002
- Leukoencephalopathy and chronic pancreatitis as concomitant manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus related to anticardiolipin antibodiesJ Swol-Ben
Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Rheumatol Int 24:177-81. 2004..Leukoencephalopathy related to anticardiolipin antibodies in serum is a known but rare manifestation of SLE...
- High prevalence of co-factor independent anticardiolipin antibodies in malaria exposed individualsP H Consigny
Laboratoire de Parasitologie, UPRES 3234, Faculte de Medecine Pharmacie, Rouen, France
Clin Exp Immunol 127:158-64. 2002b>Anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) were investigated in 137 individuals chronically exposed to malaria and living in Africa and Asia...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies and mortality in patients with ischemic stroke: a prospective follow-up studyDavid Tanne
Detroit Medical Center Stroke Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Mich, USA
Neuroepidemiology 21:93-9. 2002The purpose of the present prospective observational study was to assess whether or not the presence of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) in unselected first ischemic stroke patients is associated with adverse outcome...
- Normalization of anticardiolipin antibodies following rituximab therapy for marginal zone lymphoma in a patient with Sjogren's syndromeK C Harner
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:1309-10. 2004
- Beta2-glycoprotein I dependent anticardiolipin antibodies and lupus anticoagulant in patients with recurrent pregnancy lossK S D Kumar
Institute of Genetics and Hospital for Genetic Diseases, Osmania University, Begumpet, Hyderabad, India
J Postgrad Med 48:5-10. 2002..anticoagulant (LAC), venereal disease research laboratory test (VDRL) and Beta2-glycoprotein I dependent anticardiolipin antibodies Beta2 I aCL) in our cohort of population experiencing recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) from Andhra Pradesh,..
- MRI findings in central nervous system systemic lupus erythematosus are associated with immunoserological parameters and hypertensionTunde Csepany
Dept of Neurology, University of Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt 98, 4012, Debrecen, Hungary
J Neurol 250:1348-54. 2003..Immunoserological status was described by the presence of lupus anticoagulant (LA), and anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL)...
- Treatment with tumour necrosis factor alpha antagonists in patients with rheumatoid arthritis induces anticardiolipin antibodiesT Jonsdottir
Department of Rheumatology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1075-8. 2004To determine the frequency and clinical impact of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and etanercept.
- High prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with asymptomatic hepatitis C virus infection associated acute ischemic strokeInimioara Mihaela Cojocaru
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Clinic of Neurology, Colentina Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Rom J Intern Med 43:89-95. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with asymptomatic chronic hepatitis C virus infection-related acute ischemic stroke...
- Clinical presentations and vascular histopathology in autopsied patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and anticardiolipin antibodiesA Sipek-Dolnicar
Department of Rheumatology, University Medical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:335-42. 2002To examine histomorphological and immunohistological changes in an autopsy series of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients with or without anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL).
- IgA anticardiolipin antibodies--relation with other antiphospholipid antibodies and clinical significanceA Selva-O'Callaghan
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Spain
Thromb Haemost 79:282-5. 1998..To evaluate the usefulness of IgA antiphospholipid antibodies as markers of thrombosis and/or antiphospholipid antibody syndrome...
- Recurrent stroke and vascular events in elderly patients with anticardiolipin antibodies: a prospective studyO Heinzlef
Department of Neurology, Vasculaire Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
J Neurol 248:373-9. 2001The presence of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) is a recognized risk factor for ischaemic stroke and a predictor of recurrent ischaemic events in young patients, but the significance of positive aCL tests is uncertain in the elderly...
- beta(2)-Glycoprotein 1-dependent anticardiolipin antibodies and risk of ischemic stroke and myocardial infarction: the honolulu heart programR L Brey
Division of Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas, USA
Stroke 32:1701-6. 2001..8 (95% CI 1.2 to 2.6) at 15 years and 1.5 (95% CI 1.1 to 2.1) at 20 years. CONCLUSIONS: These data suggest that aCL IgG, particularly the beta2GP1-dependent variety, is an important predictor of future stroke and MI in men...
- Ocular features associated with anticardiolipin antibodies: a descriptive studyE Miserocchi
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Ophthalmology, Uveitis and Immunology Service, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 131:451-6. 2001PURPOSE: To evaluate ocular features in patients presenting with inflammation in the presence of anticardiolipin antibodies. METHODS: A descriptive study of 13 patients presenting with idiopathic ocular inflammation involving anterior and ..
- Anticardiolipin antibody assay: a methodological analysis for a better consensus in routine determinations--a cooperative project of the European Antiphospholipid ForumA Tincani
Clinical Immunology Unit, Brescia Hospital, Italy
Thromb Haemost 86:575-83. 2001..Our data show that aCL ELISA standardization is necessary in order to obtain comparable results in different laboratories...
- Beta2-glycoprotein I-dependent anticardiolipin antibodies preferentially bind the amino terminal domain of beta2-glycoprotein IP A McNeeley
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Thromb Haemost 86:590-5. 2001..Thus, analysis of serum samples from a large cohort of APS patients indicates that the immunodominant binding epitope(s) for anti-beta2 antibodies are localized to the amino terminal domain of beta2-GPI...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in South African patients with lupus nephritis: a clinical and renal pathological studyI P Naiker
Renal Unit, King Edward VIII Hospital, Durban, South Africa
Am J Nephrol 20:351-7. 2000This study was conducted prospectively to ascertain the prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies (ACAs) in patients with lupus nephritis and to determine whether this subgroup of patients differed clinically and histologically from ..
- Transiently positive anticardiolipin antibodies and risk of thrombosis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusAgustin Martinez-Berriotxoa
Service of Internal Medicine, Hospital de Cruces, Universidad del Pais Vasco Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, Bizkaia, The Basque Country, Spain
Lupus 16:810-6. 2007Fluctuations in the titers of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) have been reported in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients, but their relation with thrombosis is not completely understood...
- Prevalence and clinical significance of anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with type 1 autoimmune hepatitisChristos Liaskos
Research Laboratory of Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Medical School, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
J Autoimmun 24:251-60. 2005There are few case reports on the association between autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) and anticardiolipin antibodies (anti-CLAbs) and/or antiphospholipid syndrome (APLS). We studied the anti-CLAbs prevalence in AIH and other hepatic diseases...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies and ocular diseaseFilipe Vieira Lima Cabrita
Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institute MERSI, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 13:265-70. 2005This paper reviews anticardiolipin antibodies and ocular disease. Its aim is to present the latest knowledge regarding the relationship between the two...
- Prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies in peripheral arterial thrombosisJ M de Godoy
Department of Cardiology and Vascular Surgery, Sao Jose do Rio Preto University School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Angiology 51:473-7. 2000The aim of this study was to assess prospectively the prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with peripheral arterial thrombosis...
- Association of anticardiolipin antibodies levels with instent restenosis in patients with coronary artery diseaseSumali Sharma
Department of Physiology, Govt Medical College, Chandigarh 160 012
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 52:288-92. 2008Present study was conducted to evaluate the association of IgG anticardiolipin antibodies with instent restenosis in patients having undergone percutaneous intervention with bare metal or drug eluting stents...
- No excess of factor V:Q506 genotype but high prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies without antiendothelial cell antibodies in retinal vein occlusion in young patientsJ A Scott
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Aberdeen and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, UK
Ophthalmologica 215:217-21. 2001..b>Anticardiolipin antibodies (ACA), also associated with RVO, are a marker for the prothrombotic condition antiphospholipid syndrome, ..
- Lipoprotein (a) and anticardiolipin antibodies are risk factors for clinically relevant restenosis after elective balloon percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplastyL Chiarugi
Istituto di Clinica Medica Generale e Cardiologia, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134, Florence, Italy
Atherosclerosis 154:129-35. 2001..We investigated the relationship between Lp(a), fibrinolytic parameters and anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) and the occurrence of clinical recurrence owing to restenosis after elective balloon percutaneous ..
- Aspirin reduces anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with coronary artery diseaseI Ikonomidis
Second Cardiology Department, Attikon University Hospital, University of Athens, N Chalkidona, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Invest 36:839-43. 2006b>Anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) have been found to be elevated in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) and have been associated with an adverse outcome owing to their prothrombotic activity...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies are frequently present in patients with idiopathic intracranial hypertensionR R Leker
Department of Neurology, Hebrew University, Hadassah University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Arch Neurol 55:817-20. 1998b>Anticardiolipin antibodies (ACL-Ab) are associated with various neurologic syndromes, but idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH) has only rarely been reported in this context.
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusSoad M Mohamed
Department of Paediatrics and Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt
Metabolism 51:1148-52. 2002..The current investigation was performed to determine the prevalence of IgG and IgM anticardiolipin antibodies in 2 groups of children with type 1 IDDM and to find a relation, if any, with the control and duration ..
- Limited effect of rituximab on thrombocytopaenia and anticardiolipin antibodies in a patient with primary antiphospholipid syndromeP R J Ames
Ann Hematol 86:227-8. 2007
- Clinical significance of antinuclear antibodies, anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies and anticardiolipin antibodies in heroin abusersMilena Nikolova
Nephrology Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine, University Alexandrovska Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria
Isr Med Assoc J 4:908-10. 2002..Different autoantibodies and immunologic abnormalities have been described in heroin abusers positive for human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B surface antigen, or hepatitis C virus, as well as in addicts with negative viral markers...
- Clinical and immunogenetic characterization of Mexican patients with 'rhupus'J A Simon
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, CP, Mexico DF
Lupus 11:287-92. 2002..of the cases present thrombosis or morbidity during pregnancy in spite of presenting a high frequency of anticardiolipin antibodies. We also found an increased frequency of HLA-DR1 and HLA-DR2 alleles compared to healthy ethnically ..
- Thickened carotid artery intima-media in rheumatoid arthritis is associated with elevated anticardiolipin antibodiesY Sherer
Department of Medicine B and Center of Autoimmune Diseases, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Lupus 16:259-64. 2007..Elevated levels of IgG anticardiolipin antibodies were detected in 17 of 82 (21%) RA patients, including 7 with medium-to-high levels considered being ..
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in rheumatoid patients treated with etanercept or conventional combination therapy: direct and indirect evidence for a possible association with infectionsG Ferraccioli
Chair and Division of Rheumatology, DPMSC, Udine University Medical Centre, University of Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 61:358-61. 2002To assess the occurrence of anticardiolipin antibodies (ACA) (as well as of anti-DNA antibodies) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with etanercept or combination therapy.
- Stroke in a young man with fibromuscular dysplasia of the cranial vessels with anticardiolipin antibodies: a case reportM Tripathi
Department of Neurology, CN Center, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Neurol Sci 22:31-5. 2001..Positivity of anticardiolipin antibodies suggested an immune response...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in BehÃ§et's disease: a reassessmentS Tokay
Department of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:192-5. 2001OBJECTIVE: To assess the frequency and clinical relevance of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) in BehÃ§et's disease (BD)...
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with primary antiphospholipid syndrome: a correlation between IgG titre and antibody-induced cell dysfunctions in neuronal cell culturesC Andreassi
Institute of General Pathology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 20:314-8. 2001b>Anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) of the immunoglobulin (Ig) G isotype have been significantly associated with neurological manifestations of antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- V gene analysis of anticardiolipin antibodies from MRL-lpr/lpr miceY Kita
Second Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
J Immunol 151:849-56. 1993We analyzed the VH and V kappa genes of 14 hybridomas producing anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) from MRL-lpr/lpr mice, in an attempt to address the question of whether aCL are generated by Ag-driven stimulation or by polyclonal B cell ..
- Presence of high avidity anticardiolipin antibodies in patients with autoimmune cholestatic liver diseasesKalliopi Zachou
Department of Medicine, Research Laboratory of Internal Medicine, Medical School, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
Clin Immunol 119:203-12. 2006We studied the prevalence and clinical significance of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) in primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) as similar data are missing...
- Relationship of interleukin-12 and interleukin-13 imbalance with class-specific rheumatoid factors and anticardiolipin antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosusA Spadaro
Dipartimento di Clinica e Terapia Medica Applicata, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Azienda Policlinico Umberto I, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 22:107-11. 2003..It was concluded that the increased levels of both IgM-RF and IgM-aCL in patients with prevalent Th2 activity suggest that the predominance of Th2 over Th1 could drive autoantibody production in SLE patients...
- Association between microscopic brain damage as indicated by magnetization transfer imaging and anticardiolipin antibodies in neuropsychiatric lupusStefan C A Steens
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R38. 2006The pathogenetic role of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCLs) in patients with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus (NPSLE) without cerebral infarcts remains elusive...
- Clinical importance of positive test results for lupus anticoagulant and anticardiolipin antibodiesAnne Proven
Division of Rheumatology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:467-75. 2004To assess the performance of 4 clotting assays for lupus anticoagulant (LA) detection, to determine the prevalence of LA and anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL), and to correlate LA and aCL prevalence with systemic disease and thrombosis.
- Prevalence and clinical correlation of anti-phospholipid-binding protein antibodies in anticardiolipin-negative patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and women with unexplained recurrent miscarriagesNicola Bizzaro
Laboratorio di Patologia Clinica, Ospedale di S Donà di Piave, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:61-8. 2005..Anti-phospholipid antibodies (aPL) are a heterogeneous group of autoantibodies, the presence of which is associated with thrombotic events and miscarriage...
- [Anti-phospholipid antibody (aPL)]Moritaka Gotoh
Department of Internal Medicine, Teikyo University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 62:687-90. 2004
- Use of a new silica clotting time for diagnosing lupus anticoagulant in patients who meet the clinical criteria for antiphospholipid syndromePanagiotis Grypiotis
Rheumatology Unit, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Clin Lab Anal 20:15-8. 2006..Moreover, the highest sensitivity was reached with a combination of SCT and dRVVT. The method's association with total thrombotic events and venous thrombosis was in fact significant...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and antiphospholipid syndrome in 57 children and adolescents with systemic lupus erythematosusL M A Campos
Paediatric Rheumatology Unit, Children s Institute, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lupus 12:820-6. 2003..A negative association was observed between APS and the presence of anti-Ro antibodies...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in young adults with strokeRobin L Brey
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78284 7883, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 20:105-12. 2005..Antiphospholipid antibodies have been associated with a clinical syndrome consisting thrombosis and recurrent, unexplained fetal loss...
- The persistence of anticardiolipin antibodies is associated with an increased risk of the presence of lupus anticoagulant and anti-beta2-glycoprotein I antibodiesC Neville
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Montreal General Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1116-20. 2006..from a cohort of individuals followed for thrombosis to determine whether the persistent presence of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) is associated with a greater likelihood of having lupus anticoagulant and/or anti-beta2-..
- Anticardiolipin, anti-beta(2)-glycoprotein I and antiprothrombin antibodies in black South African patients with infectious diseaseS Loizou
Lancet Laboratories, Johannesburg, South Africa
Ann Rheum Dis 62:1106-11. 2003..Unlike patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), raised levels of aPL in infectious diseases are not usually associated with thrombotic complications...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome accompanied by a silent splenic infarct in a patient with juvenile SLETamas Constantin
Rheumatol Int 26:951-2. 2006
- [Laboratory diagnosis of antiphospholipid syndrome]L Darnige
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 40, rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Rev Med Interne 27:296-301. 2006..e. lupus anticoagulant and/or anticardiolipin antibodies. This review focuses on the methods for antiphospholipid antibodies detection and their clinical ..
- Activated protein C resistance and lupus anticoagulant activity induced by plasma and purified monospecific human IgG anti-beta2-glycoprotein-I antibodiesMartha E Viveros
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran
Rev Invest Clin 57:563-71. 2005..We investigated the activated protein C resistance (APCR) phenotype and the lupus anticoagulant (LA), activity induced by anti-beta2-glycoprotein-I (anti-beta2GP-I) antibodies...
- Clinical significance of IgA anticardiolipin and anti-beta2-GP1 antibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and primary antiphospholipid syndromeM Samarkos
5th Department of Internal Medicine, Evangelismos Hospital, 45 47 Ipsilantou Street, Athens, 106 76, Greece
Clin Rheumatol 25:199-204. 2006The objectives of this study were to estimate the prevalence of IgA anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) and anti-beta(2)-glycoprotein 1 antibodies (abeta(2)-GP1) in a large number of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and ..
- Identification of thrombin antibodies in patients with antiphospholipid syndromeWolfgang Miesbach
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main Medical Clinic III, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1050:250-6. 2005..The sensitivity of the test for anti-thrombin antibodies for the diagnosis of APS was higher than the sensitivity of the anti-prothrombin assay and similar to the sensitivity of the anti-Ser/Pro assay...
- Epileptic seizures in systemic lupus erythematosusSimone Appenzeller
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Brazil
Neurology 63:1808-12. 2004..To evaluate the frequency and risk factors of epileptic seizures in a large cohort of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- The association of thrombocytopenia with systemic manifestations in the antiphospholipid syndromeIlan Krause
Research Center for Autoimmune Diseases, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Immunobiology 210:749-54. 2005..Our data suggest the presence of thrombocytopenia may be a risk factor for cardiac, neurological, articular and cutaneous complications in APS...
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..test for acquired (and perhaps transitory) coagulation abnormalities such as lupus anticoagulant and anticardiolipin antibodies, as well as other heritable thrombophilias including protein C deficiency, activated protein C ..
- ANTICARDIOLIPIN ANTIBODIES AND OXIDIZED PHOSPHOLIPIDSJoseph Witztum; Fiscal Year: 2004..g. aggressive anti-inflammatory and/or antioxidant interventions). ..
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIES IN THROMBOSISReginald Chukwuocha; Fiscal Year: 2000..syndrome", APS) in systemic lupus erythematous (SLE) are associated with the production of anticardiolipin antibodies (ACA) and lupus anticoagulant (LAC) activity...
- ANTICARDIOLIPIN ANTIBODIES IN ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROMEPojen Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007The long-term objectives of this project are to identify and characterize pathogenic anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) in the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN BLOOD AND VASCULAR BIOLOGYSandor Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 1999..of plasminogen activator inhibitor-l gene expression; mechanisms of action of lupus anticoagulants and anticardiolipin antibodies; erythropoietin function and gene expression; red cell structure and function in the hemoglobinopathies; ..
- Epidemiology of Venous ThromboembolismRobert Glynn; Fiscal Year: 2004..risk including factor V Leiden, the G20210A mutation in the prothrombin gene, hyperhomocysteinemia, and anticardiolipin antibodies. The study will assess the joint association with risk of these markers and potentially modifiable ..
- Safety of Estrogen in Lupus ErythematosusJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 2004..which may increase the risk for thrombosis even in patients screened out by virtue of high levels of anticardiolipin antibodies or a lupus anticoagulant...
- AUTOIMMUNE MECHANISMS OF THROMBOSISRobert Roubey; Fiscal Year: 2004..These data will be useful in focusing future research efforts on specific pathways of antibody-mediated monocyte activation and hypercoagulability and in designing new therapeutic strategies...
- Reduction of Annexin A5 in Antipholipid Pregnancy LossJACOB RAND; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cognitive Function in SLE (COGNITION)Robin L Brey; Fiscal Year: 2010..The information that will be gained from this study is essential for the successful discovery of biological processes that impact on cognitive function in SLE that could be potentially amenable to disease-reversing therapies. ..
- Vasculitis Clinical Research Network (VCRN)Peter Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2008..AIM 5. Build and contribute to an electronic website resource with substantive content for clinicians, researchers, and patients. ..
- Clinical Research for Rare Diseases: Opportunities, Challenges, and SolutionsPeter Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2007..If this conference proves successful, we plan on having similar sessions attached to future RDCRC meetings. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive dysfunction in neuropsychiatric-SLEMichael Lockshin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Successful completion of this research will redefine the pathogenesis of cognitive dysfunction and suggest therapeutic targets for intervention...
- Brain ConnectionsMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Stroke:Role of aPL, hemostatic markers, and telestrokeSteven Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- Studies in Scleroderma and Cystic Fibrosis OsteoporosisPeter Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2005..A unique seminar and a series of support services at the host institution will further complement the training program. ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARROBIN BREY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Much will be learned about the relative importance of genetic factors and autoantibodies on vascular disease risk in SLE that is likely to apply to other populations also at increased risk for cerebral ischemia and vascular dementia. ..
- PREDICTORS OF NEUROPSYCHIATRIC SLEROBIN BREY; Fiscal Year: 2004..The information gained will bridge important gaps in our knowledge about NS involvement in SLE and will lead to new hypothesis-driven studies of etiopathogenesis and treatment. ..