Genomes and Genes
Summary: Autoantibodies directed against phospholipids. These antibodies are characteristically found in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS, SYSTEMIC;), ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME; related autoimmune diseases, some non-autoimmune diseases, and also in healthy individuals.
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- International consensus statement on an update of the classification criteria for definite antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)S Miyakis
St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Thromb Haemost 4:295-306. 2006..had been addressed at a workshop in Sydney, Australia, before the Eleventh International Congress on antiphospholipid antibodies. In this document, we appraise the existing evidence on clinical and laboratory features of APS ..
- Pathogenic role of antiphospholipid antibodiesJ E Salmon
Department of Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Lupus 17:405-11. 2008..We will discuss the current knowledge on how aPL antibodies trigger increased inflammation and enhanced thrombotic tendency, and thereby lead to tissue damage...
- A critical assessment of the role of antiphospholipid antibodies in infertilityK L Buckingham
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Reprod Immunol 80:132-45. 2009b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) are a family of autoantibodies that are associated with pregnancy complications including stillbirth and recurrent miscarriage...
- Antigenic profile, prevalence, and clinical significance of antiphospholipid antibodies in women referred for in vitro fertilizationM Sanmarco
Fédération Autoimmunité et Thrombose, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1108:457-65. 2007The aim of this prospective study was to assess the prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) in women who had undergone in vitro fertilization (IVF) and the relationship between aPL and IVF outcome...
- Newer antiphospholipid antibodies predict adverse outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromeThomas P Greco
Departments of Medicine, Saint Mary s Hospital, Waterbury, CT 06706, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 132:613-20. 2009b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPLs) have been implicated in atherogenesis. We studied 344 patients with acute coronary syndromes; approximately 40% were aPL+ in 1 or more tests and 60% aPL-...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies induce a pro-inflammatory response in first trimester trophoblast via the TLR4/MyD88 pathwayMelissa J Mulla
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 62:96-111. 2009Women with antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) are at risk for recurrent miscarriage, pre-eclampsia, and pre-term labor...
- Behavioral and cognitive deficits occur only after prolonged exposure of mice to antiphospholipid antibodiesS Shrot
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Lupus 11:736-43. 2002..The mechanism involved in these CNS manifestations remains to be elucidated...
- Prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies among women experiencing unexplained infertility and recurrent implantation failureRuben Sauer
National Institute of Perinatology, Mexico City, Mexico
Fertil Steril 93:2441-3. 2010The prevalences of antiphospholipid antibodies (APAs) among 1,325 women with a history of unexplained infertility and 676 women experiencing recurrent implantation failure were compared with 789 women experiencing recurrent pregnancy ..
- Antiphospholipid antibodies prevent extravillous trophoblast differentiationSiobhan Quenby
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Liverpool Women s Hospital, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 83:691-8. 2005We investigated the hypothesis that antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) have a detrimental effect on human extravillous trophoblast (EVT) differentiation into giant multinucleated cells "in vitro."
- Antiphospholipid antibodiesDouglas A Triplett
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Muncie, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1424-9. 2002..The pathophysiology of lupus anticoagulants and associated antiphospholipid antibodies (eg, anticardiolipin antibodies) is also discussed.
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in primary Sjögren's syndrome: prevalence and clinical significance in a series of 74 patientsA L Fauchais
Department of Internal Medicine, Regional University Hospital of Lille, France
Lupus 13:245-8. 2004The aim of this study is to determine prevalence, clinical significance of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) including anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL), anti-beta2GP1 and lupus anticoagulant (LA) in a cohort of 74 patients with primary ..
- Infant perinatal thrombosis and antiphospholipid antibodies: a reviewM C Boffa
Service d Hematologie, Hopital Jean Verdier, Assistance Publique, Hospitaux de Paris, Bondy, France
Lupus 16:634-41. 2007Perinatal thrombosis in infants born to mothers with antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) is a rare event, but with risk of death or severe sequelae...
- Prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies in patients with neurological symptomsWolfgang Miesbach
Department of Internal Medicine III, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:135-42. 2006Neurological involvement is a common feature of the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). A variety of thrombotic and non-thrombotic manifestations may accompany the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL).
- Urgent termination of pregnancy in pre-eclampsia and panel of antiphospholipid antibodiesLibor Hradecky
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charles University and Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Am J Reprod Immunol 62:412-7. 2009....
- Fluvastatin increases the expression of adhesion molecules, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and tissue factor in HUVEC stimulated by patient IgG fractions containing antiphospholipid antibodiesSylvie Dunoyer-Geindre
Unit of Haemostasis, University Hospital of Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland, E mail
Thromb Haemost 93:339-45. 2005The presence of antiphospholipid antibodies (APLA) is associated with an increased risk of recurrent thrombosis and pregnancy loss...
- The association of anti-parvovirus B19-VP1 unique region antibodies with antiphospholipid antibodies in patients with antiphospholipid syndromeDer Yuan Chen
Department of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Chim Acta 411:1084-9. 2010..Human parvovirus B19 (B19) infection has been identified as a trigger of antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). However, the precise role of B19-VP1 unique region (VP1u) in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome remains unclear...
- Thrombus formation induced by antibodies to beta2-glycoprotein I is complement dependent and requires a priming factorFabio Fischetti
Department of Physiology and Pathology, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Blood 106:2340-6. 2005..In conclusion, our data indicate that antibodies to beta2-glycoprotein I trigger coagulation subsequent to a priming proinflammatory factor and that the terminal C complex is the main mediator of the coagulation process...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies affect human endometrial angiogenesisNicoletta Di Simone
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Biol Reprod 83:212-9. 2010b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) represent an important risk factor for thrombosis and recurrent miscarriage in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). The mechanisms of aPL-mediated pregnancy failure have been researched...
- Hughes syndrome crosses boundariesGuillermo Ruiz-Irastorza
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Autoimmun Rev 1:43-8. 2002..to beta(2)-glycoprotein I, phospholipids other than cardiolipin or phospholipid mixtures), the role of antiphospholipid antibodies in neurological conditions such as demyelinating disease, cognitive impairment or migraine and the ..
- Brain MRI white matter lesions in migraine patients: is there a relationship with antiphospholipid antibodies and coagulation parameters?D Intiso
Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation, Scientific Institute, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, S Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Eur J Neurol 13:1364-9. 2006..b>Antiphospholipid antibodies are known to have a role in many diseases including migraine...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and risk of myocardial infarction and ischaemic stroke in young women in the RATIO study: a case-control studyRolf T Urbanus
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Lancet Neurol 8:998-1005. 2009..Although the presence of circulating antiphospholipid antibodies in individuals who have a thrombotic event is a prerequisite for the diagnosis of the antiphospholipid ..
- Prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies, factor V G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A mutations in early and late recurrent pregnancy lossNabil Mtiraoui
Research Unit of Haematological and Autoimmune Diseases, Faculty of Pharmacy, Monastir, Center University, Tunisia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 119:164-70. 2005..We assessed the prevalence of inherited (FV-Leiden and PRT G20210A), and acquired (anti-PL antibodies) risk factors among habitual aborters in Tunisia...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and stroke in young womenRobin L Brey
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Tex 78229 3900, USA
Stroke 33:2396-400. 2002b>Antiphospholipid antibodies have been associated with ischemic stroke in some but not all studies.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome nephropathy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid antibodies: prevalence, clinical associations, and long-term outcomeMaria G Tektonidou
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Arthritis Rheum 50:2569-79. 2004To evaluate the prevalence, clinical associations, and outcome of antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) nephropathy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) and in SLE patients without aPL.
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and the antiphospholipid syndrome: pathogenic mechanismsSilvia S Pierangeli
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1165, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 34:236-50. 2008b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (Abs) are associated with thrombosis and are a risk factor for recurrent pregnancy loss and obstetric complications in patients with the antiphospholipid syndrome...
- Involvement of p38 MAPK in the up-regulation of tissue factor on endothelial cells by antiphospholipid antibodiesMariano Vega-Ostertag
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:1545-54. 2005..mechanism involved in the up-regulation of tissue factor (TF) on endothelial cells (ECs) by antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL), we examined the effects of aPL on the transcription, expression, and function of TF, the ..
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in pediatric and adult patients with rheumatic disease are associated with parvovirus B19 infectionPhilipp von Landenberg
Klinik and Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitatsklinikum Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 48:1939-47. 2003To show a possible association between parvovirus B19 infection and the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) in patients with rheumatic diseases.
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and atherosclerosis: insights from systemic lupus erythematosus and primary antiphospholipid syndromePaul R J Ames
Department of Haematology, Royal Preston Hospital, Preston, UK
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 37:29-35. 2009..lupus erythematosus (SLE) nand primary APS in the attempt to unravel a possible association between antiphospholipid antibodies and premature atherosclerosis...
- Role of the MyD88 transduction signaling pathway in endothelial activation by antiphospholipid antibodiesElena Raschi
Istituto di Ricovero e Aura a Carattere Scientifico Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Allergy and Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
Blood 101:3495-500. 2003Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) is an autoimmune disease characterized by the persistent presence of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPLs) and recurrent thrombosis or fetal loss...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in acute coronary syndromeK Veres
Intensive Care Unit, 3rd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen Medical Center, Debrecen, Hungary
Lupus 13:423-7. 2004..Finally, anti-beta2GPI antibodies in ACS were associated with previous stroke, but not with hypertension or previous myocardial infarction. Thus, anti-beta2GPI antibodies may be involved in the thrombotic events underlying ACS...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies: paradigm in transitionLawrence L Horstman
Department of Neurology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
J Neuroinflammation 6:3. 2009..We bring to attention recent evidence that aPL may be equally relevant to non-thrombotic autoimmune conditions, notably, multiple sclerosis and ITP...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and renal involvementAntonietta Gigante
Department of Nephrology, First Faculty of Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita, 37 IT 00185 Rome, Italy
Am J Nephrol 30:405-12. 2009b>Antiphospholipid antibodies are a heterogeneous group of autoantibodies associated with the hypercoagulable state affecting all vascular districts with thrombosis named antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Thrombotic microangiopathic haemolytic anaemia and antiphospholipid antibodiesG Espinosa
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Institut Clinic d Infeccions i Immunologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 63:730-6. 2004To analyse the clinical and laboratory features of patients with thrombotic microangiopathic haemolytic anaemia (TMHA) associated with antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL).
- Antiphospholipid antibodies may be a new prognostic parameter in aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaOsnat Bairey
Institute of Hematology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Eur J Haematol 76:384-91. 2006Patients with malignancies have an increased prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies (APA)...
- Viral infections and antiphospholipid antibodiesImad W Uthman
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Semin Arthritis Rheum 31:256-63. 2002..To study the relationship between viral infections and the induction of antiphospholipid (aPL) antibodies...
- Prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies in Chilean patients with rheumatoid arthritisIvan Palomo
Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factor Research Program, Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunohematology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Universidad de Talca, Talca, Chile
J Clin Lab Anal 20:190-4. 2006..Whether the presence of aPL antibodies implies an increased risk for thrombosis and atherosclerosis in these patients should be studied further...
- Anti-lysobisphosphatidic acid antibodies in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosusC Alessandri
Cattedra di Reumatologia, Dipartimento di Clinica e Terapia Medica Applicata, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 140:173-80. 2005..assay (ELISA)] and antibeta-2-glycoprotein-I antibodies (abeta(2)-GPI-ELISA) utilized to detect antiphospholipid antibodies in patients with primary or secondary APS, systemic lupus erythematosus, chronic HCV infection and ..
- A systematic review of secondary thromboprophylaxis in patients with antiphospholipid antibodiesGuillermo Ruiz-Irastorza
Hospital de Cruces, and University of the Basque Country, Bizkaia, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 57:1487-95. 2007To systematically review the efficacy and safety data of different therapeutic approaches in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) and thrombosis.
- Acute cytomegalovirus infection and venous thrombosis: role of antiphospholipid antibodiesV Delbos
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 4 rue Larrey, 49933 Angers Cedex 9, France
J Infect 54:e47-50. 2007....
- [Follow-up studies of rheumatoid arthritis patients with the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies]Ewa Walewska
Klinika Reumatologii Instytutu Reumatologii im Eleonory Reicher, Warszawie
Pol Arch Med Wewn 115:438-42. 2006..The aim of the study was 2 years follow-up observation of clinical course in RA patients with the presence of anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL)...
- Updating on the pathogenic mechanisms 5 of the antiphospholipid antibodies-associated pregnancy lossPier Luigi Meroni
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 34:332-7. 2008..As a whole, these findings do suggest that aPL may induce a defective placentation by acting at different levels without involving necessarily thrombotic events...
- Are antiphospholipid antibodies an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis?Franca Bilora
Department of Medical and Surgical Science, II Neurologic Clinic, Padua University, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 8:103-13. 2002The purpose of this study was to check whether antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) could be an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis...
- Transient antiphospholipid antibodies associated with acute infections in children: a report of three cases and a review of the literatureH Mizumoto
Department of Pediatrics, Kitano Hospital, Tazuke Kofukai Medical Research Institute, 2 4 20 Ohgimachi, Kita ku, Osaka, 530 8480, Japan
Eur J Pediatr 165:484-8. 2006..The prevalence of transient antiphospholipid antibodies associated with viral infections in children must be much higher than we expected...
- Coexistence of homozygous factor V Leiden mutation and antiphospholipid antibodies in two patients presented with Budd-Chiari syndromeReyhan Diz-Kucukkaya
Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Medical Faculty, The University of Istanbul, Turkey
Haematologia (Budap) 32:73-7. 2002..who presented with Budd-Chiari syndrome (hepatic vein thrombosis), and were found to have both, antiphospholipid antibodies and homozygous factor V Leiden mutation...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies before and after liver transplantationDavid H Van Thiel
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:460-5. 2003The aim of this study was to determine whether liver transplantation of patients with antiphospholipid antibodies (APA) is 1) adversely affected with vascular thrombosis and 2) whether such antibodies persist post transplantation.
- Characterization of monocyte tissue factor activity induced by IgG antiphospholipid antibodies and inhibition by dilazepHong Zhou
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, CB 7280, Rm 3330 Thurston Bldg, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7280, USA
Blood 104:2353-8. 2004..Pharmacologic agents that block monocyte TF activity may be a novel therapeutic approach in APS...
- Aspirin inhibits endothelial cell activation induced by antiphospholipid antibodiesS Dunoyer-Geindre
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Thromb Haemost 2:1176-81. 2004b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (APLA) have been shown to activate endothelial cells (EC) in vitro, as documented by an increased expression of tissue factor as well as leukocyte adhesion molecules such as intercellular adhesion molecule-1, ..
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and atherosclerosisDanielle Nicolo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Clin Immunol 112:183-9. 2004b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (APA) are present in a variety of autoimmune disorders, including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Non-stroke neurological syndromes associated with antiphospholipid antibodies: evaluation of clinical and experimental studiesJ Chapman
Department of Neurology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Lupus 12:514-7. 2003Although many types of neurological disorders and events have been described in association with antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) and the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), only ischaemic stroke is reasonably well established and accepted ..
- Prospective observational study of antiphospholipid antibodies in acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome: comparison with catastrophic antiphospholipid syndromeF J Wiedermann
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Lupus 12:462-7. 2003..Computed tomography scan revealed widespread infarctions in brain, spleen and kidneys, and pulmonary thromboembolism, suggesting the diagnosis of catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome...
- The role of TLR2 in the inflammatory activation of mouse fibroblasts by human antiphospholipid antibodiesNathalie Satta
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 109:1507-14. 2007b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (APLAs) promote inflammatory and procoagulant responses in endothelial cells and monocytes. Previous studies have shown that MyD88, TRAF6, and NF-kappaB mediate cell activation by APLAs...
- Minimal requirements for antiphospholipid antibodies ELISAs proposed by the European Forum on antiphospholipid antibodiesAngela Tincani
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Ospedale Civile di Brescia, Piazza Spedali Civili 1, 25125 Brescia, Italy
Thromb Res 114:553-8. 2004Antiphospholipid ELISAs are part of the Antiphospholipid Antibodies Syndrome classification criteria, having the same diagnostic value as lupus anticoagulant...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in patients with autoimmune blistering diseaseTakeshi Echigo
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:397-400. 2007Our purpose was to determine the serum levels and frequency of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPLs) and confirm the clinical importance of these antibodies in patients with autoimmune blistering disease (ABD).
- Innate immunity in the antiphospholipid syndrome: role of toll-like receptors in endothelial cell activation by antiphospholipid antibodiesP L Meroni
Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Via G Spagnoletto, 3, Milan 20149, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 3:510-5. 2004b>Antiphospholipid antibodies are mainly directed against beta 2 glycoprotein I (beta2GPI), a plasma phospholipid-binding protein expressed on endothelial cells of different anatomical localizations...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in patients with coronary artery disease: new cardiac risk factors?Tom P Greco
Saint Mary s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Waterbury, Connecticut 06706, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1108:466-74. 2007b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) have been implicated in the pathogenesis of coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- The significance of antiphospholipid antibodies in pregnant women with chronic hypertensionGerda G Zeeman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Perinatol 21:275-9. 2004..None tested positive for lupus anticoagulant. The presence of antiphospholipid antibodies was not associated with adverse pregnancy outcome...
- Prevalence and isotype distribution of antiphospholipid antibodies in Chilean patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)V Aguirre
Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112-2822, USA
Lupus 10:75-80. 2001..However, the utility of abeta2-GPI antibodies was limited by the low prevalence of these antibodies in comparison with other ethnic groups. Further studies are needed to define the basis of the observed differences among ethnic groups...
- Homocysteine and antiphospholipid antibodies in rheumatoid arthritis patients: relationships with thrombotic eventsB Seriolo
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialities, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:561-4. 2001..To investigate the possible relationships between plasma homocysteine levels and thrombotic events in a select population of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients with or without antiphospholipid (aPL) antibody positivity...
- Update on antiphospholipid antibodiesR A Roubey
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7280, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 12:374-8. 2000..Clinical research in APS will also benefit from the development of preliminary classification criteria...
- European attempts for the standardisation of the antiphospholipid antibodiesA Tincani
Unit of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Spedali Civili, University of Brescia, Italy
Lupus 18:913-9. 2009..Sydney criteria, antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) diagnosis is closely related to the demonstration of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) in patients sera...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and infertilityMay Backos
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1NY, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 5:30-4. 2002b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) are an established cause of recurrent pregnancy loss...
- Fluctuations in levels of antiphospholipid antibodies and increased coagulation activation markers in normal and heparin-treated antiphospholipid syndrome pregnanciesS Donohoe
Department of Haematology, University College London Medical School, UK
Lupus 11:11-20. 2002b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) are associated with an increased risk of thrombosis and recurrent miscarriage...
- Utility of anti-HSP 70, TNF-alpha, ESR, antinuclear antibody, and antiphospholipid antibodies in the diagnosis and treatment of sudden sensorineural hearing lossNilda Süslü
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Laryngoscope 119:341-6. 2009..To investigate the performance of various laboratory tests used for patients with sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL)...
- Pregnancy in systemic lupus erythematosusC C Mok
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Hong Kong
Postgrad Med J 77:157-65. 2001....
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in the acute phase of cerebral ischaemia in young adults: a descriptive study of 139 patientsA Blohorn
Department of Neurology, Rouen University, Hospital Charles Nicolle, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 13:156-62. 2002A total of 139 young stroke patients were consecutively examined and tested for antiphospholipid antibodies (APLA) to evaluate the role of these antibodies in cerebral ischaemia before the age of 45. APLA were found in 28.8% of patients...
- Hydroxychloroquine reverses platelet activation induced by human IgG antiphospholipid antibodiesRicardo G Espinola
Department of Microbiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310 1495, USA
Thromb Haemost 87:518-22. 2002..0125 mM). This suggests at least one possible mechanism by which HQ may prevent thrombosis. This may have important implications in treatment of thrombosis in APS patients...
- Prevalence rates of antiphospholipid antibodies in ischemic stroke patientsHirohisa Okuma
Department of Neurology, Tokai University Tokyo Hospital, 1 2 5 Yoyogi, Shibuya ku, Tokyo 151 0053, Japan
Intern Med 45:1017-8. 2006
- Microangiopathic antiphospholipid-associated syndromes revisited new concepts relating to antiphospholipid antibodies and syndromesRonald A Asherson
J Rheumatol 34:1793-5. 2007
- Association of HLA-DM polymorphism with the production of antiphospholipid antibodiesM L Sanchez
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London, SE1 7EH, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1645-8. 2004..whether variation in the HLA-DM gene is important in producing a group of pathogenic autoantibodies-antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL)-on the basis that HLA class II restricted antigen presentation is involved in the production of ..
- Neuropsychiatric lupus syndromes: relationship with antiphospholipid antibodiesAntonella Afeltra
University Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Neurology 61:108-10. 2003..of Rheumatology standardized definitions for NPSLE, and evaluated the relationship between NPSLE and antiphospholipid antibodies. Sixty-one consecutive SLE patients were studied...
- The interface of multiple sclerosis and antiphospholipid antibodiesJoab Chapman
Department of Neurology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Thromb Res 114:477-81. 2004..The main diagnostic feature of APS, the antiphospholipid antibodies (aPLAb), is relatively common in multiple sclerosis and increased fibrin deposition is a feature of ..
- Antiphospholipid syndrome, antiphospholipid antibodies, and atherosclerosisY Sherer
Department of Medicine 'B, Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer 52621, Israel
Curr Atheroscler Rep 3:328-33. 2001..arterial and venous thrombosis, as well as pregnancy morbidity, in the presence of elevated levels of antiphospholipid antibodies. These autoantibodies have procoagulant activity, as they affect platelets, humoral coagulation factors,..
- Antiphosphatidylethanolamine antibodies are associated with an increased odds ratio for thrombosis. A multicenter study with the participation of the European Forum on antiphospholipid antibodiesMarielle Sanmarco
Fédération Autoimmunité et Thrombose, Laboratoire d Immunologie, Hopital de la Conception, CHU 147, Bd Baille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Thromb Haemost 97:949-54. 2007....
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and ischemic neuropathy following cardiac surgeryR Mazzoleni
Department of Neurology, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Neurol Belg 103:176-8. 2003..We here describe a new case which is the first described with transient elevation of antiphospholipid antibodies. Although transient elevation of lupus coagulation inhibitor is known to occur frequently in patients ..
- Some recent insights into the prothrombogenic mechanisms of antiphospholipid antibodiesMaria Todorova
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria
Curr Med Chem 14:811-26. 2007b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) are a heterogeneous group of autoantibodies, detected in the sera of patients with both autoimmune and various non-autoimmune diseases...
- Endothelial cell activation by antiphospholipid antibodiesP L Meroni
Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology Unit, IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Clin Immunol 112:169-74. 2004b>Antiphospholipid antibodies are mainly directed against beta 2 glycoprotein I, a phospholipid-binding protein expressed on endothelial cell membranes of different anatomical localizations and recognized by the specific autoantibodies...
- Human antiphospholipid antibodies induce TNFalpha in monocytes via Toll-like receptor 8Yvonne Döring
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Immunobiology 215:230-41. 2010..is characterized by recurrent arterial and/or venous thromboses, pregnancy loss and the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL)...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor, lipoporotein-associated phospholipase A2, sP-selectin and antiphospholipid antibodies, biological markers with prognostic value in pulmonary hypertension associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and systemiC Tanaseanu
Internal Medicine Department, Sf Pantelimon Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Eur J Med Res 12:145-51. 2007..endothelial growth factor (VEGF), sP-selectin, lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (PLA2-LDL), antiphospholipid antibodies (APLA) and their relation with PH, in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and chronic obstructive ..
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and the protein C pathwayN L Esmon
Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, 73104, USA
J Autoimmun 15:221-5. 2000Among the mechanisms suggested for the prothrombotic activity of lupus anticoagulant and antiphospholipid antibodies is the direct inhibition of the anticoagulant activated protein C (APC) pathway...
- A case of Churg-Strauss syndrome associated with antiphospholipid antibodiesKatalin Ferenczi
Department of Dermatology, Case University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH 44106 5028, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:701-4. 2007..We report an unusual case of a patient with CSS with antiphospholipid antibodies who developed severe digital gangrene in addition to cutaneous vasculitis...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies as cause of pregnancy lossP L Meroni
Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology Unit, IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Lupus 13:649-52. 2004b>Antiphospholipid antibodies detected by lupus anticoagulant, anticardiolipin or anti-beta2 glycoprotein I assays were associated with fetal loss...
- Analysis of prothrombotic effects of two human monoclonal IgG antiphospholipid antibodies of apparently similar specificityK J Lackner
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 83:583-8. 2000Two human monoclonal antiphospholipid antibodies (APA) of the IgG type, HL-5B and RR-7F have been generated from a patient with primary antiphospholipid syndrome and recurrent cerebral microemboli (H.L...
- Role of tissue factor in a mouse model of thrombotic microangiopathy induced by antiphospholipid antibodiesSurya V Seshan
Department of Pathology, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Blood 114:1675-83. 2009..Treatment with pravastatin, which down-regulates glomerular TF synthesis, prevents aPL-induced TMA in this mouse model, thus emphasizing that targeting TF might be a good therapeutic intervention in patients with TMA...
- Pregnancy outcome in recurrent spontaneous abortion associated with antiphospholipid antibodies: a comparative study of intravenous immunoglobulin versus prednisone plus low-dose aspirinE Vaquero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Isola Tiberina, Italy
Am J Reprod Immunol 45:174-9. 2001..CONCLUSION: In patients with aPL syndrome, IVIG treatment improved pregnancy outcome, with significantly lower pregnancy complication rates, when compared with prednisone plus LDA therapy...
- Paediatric systemic lupus erythematosus: prognostic impact of antiphospholipid antibodiesE Descloux
Service de Medecine Interne, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud 69 495, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:183-7. 2008..The aim of our study was to investigate the prognostic impact of aPL in paediatric onset systemic lupus erythematosus (p-SLE)...
- Molecular pathogenesis of the antiphospholipid syndromeJacob H Rand
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Section, Hematology Division, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Circ Res 90:29-37. 2002..This review focuses on some of the major mechanisms that have been proposed to explain this disorder...
- Thrombogenicity of beta 2-glycoprotein I-dependent antiphospholipid antibodies in a photochemically induced thrombosis model in the hamsterMilosz Jankowski
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Blood 101:157-62. 2003..immune complex formation plays an important role in the genesis of arterial thrombosis by certain antiphospholipid antibodies. Cellular activation via the Fc portion of these immune complexes, however, is not essential, because F(..
- Severe valvular regurgitation and antiphospholipid antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus: a prospective, long-term, followup studyFelix Perez-Villa
Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 53:460-7. 2005To assess whether the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies is related to the incidence and progression of severe valvular dysfunction and the need for valve replacement in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Antiphospholipid antibodies, thrombin and LPS activate brain endothelial cells and Ras-dependent pathways through distinct mechanismsRamona Aronovich
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel
Immunobiology 210:781-8. 2005..b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) activate endothelial cells but the specific activation of brain vascular endothelial cells (BVEC) ..
- The effect of platelet activation on the hypercoagulability induced by murine monoclonal antiphospholipid antibodiesAurelie Membre
Inserm U734, Nancy, France
Haematologica 93:566-73. 2008To identify the mechanisms of the hypercoagulability associated with antiphospholipid antibodies, we investigated antibody-mediated platelet activation and interference of antibodies with phospholipid-dependent reactions.
- Vasculitis, antiphospholipid antibodies, and renal artery stenosisS N Paul
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1800-2. 2005
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and reproductive failureZ Ulcova-Gallova
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Medical School, Charles University, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Chem Immunol Allergy 88:139-49. 2005b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPLs) are characterized as heterogeneous and nonspecific autoantibodies directed against cardiolipin, ph-serine, ph-inositol, ph-acid, ph-glycerol, ph-choline, annexin V, and co-actor Beta2-glycoprotein I...
- Risk factors for thrombosis and primary thrombosis prevention in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus with or without antiphospholipid antibodiesMaria G Tektonidou
National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Arthritis Rheum 61:29-36. 2009b>Antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL), namely anticardiolipin antibodies (aCL) and lupus anticoagulant (LAC), have been associated with an increased risk of thrombosis in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Pulmonary hypertension, antiphospholipid antibodies, and syndromesRonald A Asherson
Division of Immunology, School of Pathology, University of the Witwatersrand and the Rosebank Clinic, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 32:153-8. 2007b>Antiphospholipid antibodies have been associated with two types of pulmonary hypertension (PHT), the thromboembolic type, after deep venous thromboses in the lower limbs complicated by pulmonary embolism and the "primary" plexogenic type...
- The association of antiphospholipid antibodies with pregnancy-related first time venous thrombosis--a population-based case-control studyA Bergrem
Department of Hematology Oslo University Hospital Ullevål, Oslo, Norway
Thromb Res 125:e222-7. 2010In this population-based case-control study we explored the association of antiphospholipid antibodies with pregnancy-related venous thrombosis...
- In vivo effects of an inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappa B on thrombogenic properties of antiphospholipid antibodiesG Montiel-Manzano
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1165, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1108:540-53. 2007..shown that endothelial cell (EC) activation and tissue factor (TF) upregulation in EC and monocytes by antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL Abs) leads to a prothrombotic state and involves translocation of nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-..
- Circulating levels of tissue factor and proinflammatory cytokines in patients with primary antiphospholipid syndrome or leprosy related antiphospholipid antibodiesR R Forastiero
Favaloro University, Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Lupus 14:129-36. 2005The antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) is characterized by the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) in patients with thromboembolic complications...
- The HELLP syndrome, antiphospholipid antibodies, and syndromesRonald A Asherson
Clin Rheumatol 27:1-4. 2008
- Antiphospholipid antibodies limit trophoblast migration by reducing IL-6 production and STAT3 activityMelissa J Mulla
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 63:339-48. 2010Women with antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) are at risk of recurrent miscarriage and pre-eclampsia. aPL target the placenta by binding to beta(2)-glycoprotein I (beta(2) GPI) expressed by the trophoblast...
- Hydroxychloroquine protects the annexin A5 anticoagulant shield from disruption by antiphospholipid antibodies: evidence for a novel effect for an old antimalarial drugJacob H Rand
Department of Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Blood 115:2292-9. 2010..b>Antiphospholipid antibodies disrupt AnxA5 binding, thereby accelerating coagulation reactions...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in lymphoma: prevalence and clinical significanceSimona Pusterla
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Hematol J 5:341-6. 2004To evaluate whether the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies in lymphoma patients influences their response to treatment, and their rate of thromboembolic complications, we followed up 100 consecutive patients with different lymphomas,..
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and lupus: new molecular targets for treatmentEmilio B Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies may help to devise new more specific and less harmful modalities than the anticoagulation or general immunosuppression currently used to treat and prevent thrombosis in patients with aPL Abs. ..
- Predictors of Pregnancy Outcome in SLE and APSJane E Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Discovery of Novel Interventions of the Antiphospholipid SyndromeChieko Mineo; Fiscal Year: 2013..increased risk of thromboses and cardiovascular diseases resulting from elevated levels of circulating antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL)...
- Stroke and aPL: Community-Based Clinicopathological StudySTEVEN RICHARD LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2012Project Summary We propose to investigate the role and mechanisms of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) in the development of pathologically-proven ischemic brain infarction...
- Complement Genetics and Clinical Variability of Systemic Lupus ErythematosusCHACK Y YU; Fiscal Year: 2012..the roles of gene CNVs as genetic risk factors and disease modifiers for human SLE and patients with antiphospholipid antibodies. It will examine large cohorts of patients with SLE from different ethnic groups, female and male ..
- Complement Activation and Hypertensive Diseases of PregnancyAnne M Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2012..If our hypothesis is proven there may be therapeutic implications as several complement inhibitors are now available that target various components of the complement system thus modifying the effects of the inflammatory cascade. ..
- Platelet MicrovesiclesPerumal Thiagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our research has a major bearing on the understanding of the role of platelet-derived microvesicles in atherothrombosis. ..
- HOPKINS LUPUS COHORTMichelle A Petri; Fiscal Year: 2013..microparticles) to determine if these markers can predict future thrombotic events or associated with antiphospholipid antibodies. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Although the survival of SLE patients has greatly improved, permanent organ ..
- Vascular Cognitive and Motor Decline: Impact of aPLZoe Arvanitakis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent data suggest that antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) increase in aging, and are present in about 35% of persons over the age of 80 years...
- Libman-Sacks Endocarditis and NPSLECarlos Roldan; Fiscal Year: 2009..neuropsychiatric testing;6) assessment of coagulation and platelet activation by measurement of antiphospholipid antibodies, prothrombin fragments 1...
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..the third aim will test if patients with PE complicated by an adverse outcome are more likely to have antiphospholipid antibodies, or factor V Leiden G1691A, prothrombin G20210A, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T mutations, ..
- Neurocognitive Function in Childhood-Onset SLE (cSLE)Deborah M Levy; Fiscal Year: 2011..An association between antiphospholipid antibodies (aPLs) and neurocognitive impairment in adult-onset SLE has been demonstrated;however, the effects of ..
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RHEUMATIC DISEASES PREGNANCYJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 1992..effects of rheumatic diseases on fetal outcome, 4) to apply advances in the biology and pathogenesis of antiphospholipid antibodies in recurrent miscarriage to the identification and management of high risk pregnancies, and 5) to ..
- Research on the Scope and Causes of Stillbirth in the USRobert Silver; Fiscal Year: 2009..VII. Proven Enrollment Strategy: The "Champion" system has resulted in close to 100% ascertainment for the Utah Birth Defect Network. This system will be adapted for the Stillbirth Network. ..
- THERAPY WITH ANNEXINS FOR ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROMEMARIA BEGONA CAMPOS NACIFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..by venous and arterial thrombosis, recurrent fetal loss, thrombocytopenia and by the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies. Recurrent pregnancy loss is produced also in APS patients due to thrombosis in the placental ..
- ANTICARDIOLIPIN ANTIBODIES AND OXIDIZED PHOSPHOLIPIDSJoseph Witztum; Fiscal Year: 2004..g. aggressive anti-inflammatory and/or antioxidant interventions). ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODY SYNDROMESThomas Ortel; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Antiphospholipid antibodies are a heterogenous family of antibodies associated with an increased risk for venous and arterial thrombosis, recurrent fetal loss, and thrombocytopenia...
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIES IN THROMBOSISReginald Chukwuocha; Fiscal Year: 2000..Together, these two groups of antibodies are referred to as antiphospholipid antibodies (APA) and are composed of a mixture of immunoglobulins...
- IMMUNE TROPHOBLAST INJURYKeith McCrae; Fiscal Year: 1992..studies using trophoblasts isolated from the placentae of women with systemic lupus erythematosus, antiphospholipid antibodies and preeclampsia--three diseases in which deficient trophoblast-mediated PA activity may result in ..
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME AND THE PROTEIN C PATHWAYRobert Roubey; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Antiphospholipid Antibody HeterogeneityNeal Rote; Fiscal Year: 2007The Antiphospholipid Syndrome is characterized by naturally occurring antiphospholipid antibodies and increased risk of pregnancy loss or a variety of obstetric complications...
- HEADACHE RESEARCH CENTERK Welch; Fiscal Year: 1999..approach to substantiate and expand upon preliminary observations that the prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies in migraine is increased...
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIES AND STROKESteven Levine; Fiscal Year: 2000We propose to continue to study the significance of antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL), hematologic markers for increased risk of vascular thrombo-occlusive events, in ischemic stroke using the cost-effective and efficient strategy of ..
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIES AND DISORDERS OF PREGNANCYNeal Rote; Fiscal Year: 2000Naturally occurring antiphospholipid antibodies (aPLs) are commonly associated with disruption of pregnancy, characterized by preeclampsia, intrauterine growth restriction, or death of the fetus...
- TREATMENT STRATEGIES FOR THE ANTI PHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROMEJOHN DEDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our hypothesis is that the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies in the circulation leads to vascular disorders, and that the escalating tissue damage can be abated ..
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODY AND HYPERTENSION IN PREGNANCYNeal Rote; Fiscal Year: 1991Our working hypothesis is that antiphospholipid antibodies, especially antiphosphatidlyserine, are responsible for many of the symptoms of early and severe pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) and may contribute to milder forms...
- Genetic & Structure-Function Studies: Paraoxonase In SLEM Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Compared to about 1-5 percent prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies (APA) in the general U.S. White population, about 50 percent of the SLE patients are positive for APA...
- Analysis of Apolipoprotein H in LupusM Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Compared to about 1-5 percent prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies (APA) in the general U.S. white population, about 50 percent of the SLE patients are positive for APA...
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME REGISTRY (APSCORE)Robert Roubey; Fiscal Year: 2000..and update clinical, demographic, and laboratory data on patients with APS, asymptomatic patients with antiphospholipid antibodies, and certain individuals with serological and/or clinical features that fall within an expanded concept ..
- 5TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIESROBIN BREY; Fiscal Year: 1992The Vth International Symposium on Antiphospholipid Antibodies (aPL), sponsored jointly by the Kingston Antiphospholipid Study (KAPS) Group and the Antiphospholipid Antibodies in Stroke Study Group (APASS) will be held in San Antonio, ..
- STROKE M.I. AND ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIESSteven Kittner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Abstract) The overall goal of this project is to define the pathophysiologic mechanism through which antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) act as risk factors for vascular disease...
- Reduction of Annexin A5 in Antipholipid Pregnancy LossJACOB RAND; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cognitive dysfunction in neuropsychiatric-SLEMichael Lockshin; Fiscal Year: 2002..antibody are quantified; to determine the association of anti-NMIDA (glutamate) receptor and antiphospholipid antibodies to cognitive dysfunction, to test whether magnetic resonance spectroscopy detects lesions that underlie ..
- Cognitive Function in SLE (COGNITION)Robin L Brey; Fiscal Year: 2010..The information that will be gained from this study is essential for the successful discovery of biological processes that impact on cognitive function in SLE that could be potentially amenable to disease-reversing therapies. ..
- Mechanism of aPL antibody-induced Pregnancy lossJane E Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, understanding how aPL antibodies "cause" pregnancy loss may translate into new concepts about maternal-fetal tolerance and miscarriages in general and benefit women with non-APS- related pregnancy complications. ..
- Complement as a Mediator of Recurrent MiscarriagesJane Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, our studies will provide insights into mechanisms by which complement-induces disease and suggest means to prevent, arrest, or modify complement-mediated inflammatory disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREDICTORS OF NEUROPSYCHIATRIC SLEROBIN BREY; Fiscal Year: 2004..The information gained will bridge important gaps in our knowledge about NS involvement in SLE and will lead to new hypothesis-driven studies of etiopathogenesis and treatment. ..
- MIDCAREER INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARROBIN BREY; Fiscal Year: 2006..and serologic predictors for the development of NPSLE, and 2) immune-mediated thrombosis related to antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL)...
- Targets for New Therapeutics for SLEJane Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Brain ConnectionsMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2006..imaging (using anatomic magnetic resonance imaging and resting FDG-PET), several relevant biomarkers (antiphospholipid antibodies, cytokines and adhesion molecules) and co-morbidities (race/ethnicity, depression, fibromyalgia and ..
- AUTOIMMUNE MECHANISMS OF THROMBOSISRobert Roubey; Fiscal Year: 2004..These data will be useful in focusing future research efforts on specific pathways of antibody-mediated monocyte activation and hypercoagulability and in designing new therapeutic strategies...
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- ANTICARDIOLIPIN ANTIBODIES IN ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROMEPojen Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SPORADIC MECHANISM OF THE ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROMEJoan Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2001..Therefore, possible modulation by sex-hormones of interactions between these proteins will be addressed in this application. ..
- Outcomes of Perinatal StrokeMeredith Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the last year of the study, she plans to apply for an R01 grant to set up a pilot clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polymorphisms of Antiphospholipid Protein AntigensJoan Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, the study of differences in interactions between these coagulation proteins conferred by common, inherited polymorphisms will have intrinsic value, not limited to the antiphospholipid syndrome. ..
- WARFARIN ANTIPLATELET RECURRENT STROKE STUDYJ Mohr; Fiscal Year: 2001..An emergency notification system helps maintain patient safety. Through 24-Oct-1996 1603 patients have been recruited from 49 participating centers toward the 1,920 patient sample size. ..
- Functional Tissue Factor on Activated EndotheliumEric Grabowski; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- gClqR/p33 in S. Aureus Endovascular PathogenesisEllinor Peerschke; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from these studies will define a novel mechanism for S. aureus interactions at sites of endovascular damage, and may identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- MENTORED PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENTEmily Von Scheven; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, development of this well characterized SLE cohort will serve as an important future resource and builds a foundation for studying many lifelong effects of childhood-onset SLE. ..
- Oklahoma Specialized Center of Research in SLEMorris Reichlin; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Development of Autoimmunity During Puberty in SLEKATHLEEN O NEIL; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use antiphospholipid antibodies as a model system to study autoantibody acquisition in puberty, and to study how hormones affect ..
- ANTI-PHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIES AND THE PROTEIN C SYSTEMNAOMI ESMON; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Complement and Ischemic Acute Renal FailureJOSHUA THURMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The purpose of these studies is to ameliorate ischemic ARF by blocking these pathogenic events, and to develop strategies for decreasing the morbidity and mortality associated with ischemic ARF in humans. ..
- Genetics of Severe Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) defined by thrombocytopeniaR Scofield; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, Specific Aim 4 will assemble a new cohort of families multiplex for SLE so that linkages and associations as well as particular polvmorphisms can be prospectively confirmed. ..
- Complement Activation and Renal Ischemia/Reperfusion InjuryJOSHUA THURMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathophysiology of anti-B2GPI Antibodies in APSALISA WOLBERG; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that these proposed studies will contribute to a fundamental understanding of pathogenic mechanisms for thrombosis in APS and lead to future investigations addressing therapeutic interventions in APS. ..
- Studies in Scleroderma and Cystic Fibrosis OsteoporosisPeter Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2005..A unique seminar and a series of support services at the host institution will further complement the training program. ..
- Vasculitis Clinical Research Network (VCRN)Peter Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2008..AIM 5. Build and contribute to an electronic website resource with substantive content for clinicians, researchers, and patients. ..