Genomes and Genes
fibrin tissue adhesive
Summary: An autologous or commercial tissue adhesive containing FIBRINOGEN and THROMBIN. The commercial product is a two component system from human plasma that contains more than fibrinogen and thrombin. The first component contains highly concentrated fibrinogen, FACTOR VIII, fibronectin, and traces of other plasma proteins. The second component contains thrombin, calcium chloride, and antifibrinolytic agents such as APROTININ. Mixing of the two components promotes BLOOD CLOTTING and the formation and cross-linking of fibrin. The tissue adhesive is used for tissue sealing, HEMOSTASIS, and WOUND HEALING.
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Randomized clinical trial investigating the use of drains and fibrin sealant following surgery for breast cancerP K Jain
Department of Surgery, Scarborough General Hospital, Woodland Drive, Scarborough YO12 6QL, UK
Br J Surg 91:54-60. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of drains and fibrin sealant on the incidence of seroma formation...
- Surgical management of anal fistulae: a systematic reviewA I Malik
Colorectal Unit, Department of Surgery, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Colorectal Dis 10:420-30. 2008..We aimed to systematically review the available studies relating to the surgical management of anal fistulas...
- Conjunctivolimbal autograft using a fibrin adhesive in pterygium surgeryHyun Ho Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Cheil Eye Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 22:147-54. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of fibrin bioadhesive in conjunctivolimbal autograft surgery for primary pterygium...
- Preventing seroma in the latissimus dorsi flap donor site with fibrin sealantJonathan C Weinrach
Christus St Joseph Hospital, Plastic Surgery Residency Program, Houston, TX 77002, USA
Ann Plast Surg 53:12-6. 2004..047). This compares favorably with seroma rates as high as 79% described in the literature. In conclusion, the use of fibrin sealant in the latissimus flap donor site appears to be effective in preventing seroma...
- The current status of tissue glues: part II. For adhesion of soft tissuesArun K Gosain
Department of Plastic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:1581-4. 2002
- The venous graft as an effector of early angiogenesis in a fibrin matrixE Polykandriotis
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, University of Erlangen Medical Center, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Microvasc Res 75:25-33. 2008..From the three segments of the vascular axis in the AV loop the IVG is the most versatile for applications in the clinical as well as the experimental setting. Kinetics of angiogenesis warrant further investigation in the IVG...
- Prevention of lymphorrhea by means of fibrin glue after axillary lymphadenectomy in breast cancer: prospective randomized trialF N Gilly
Department of Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Eur Surg Res 30:439-43. 1998..006). One delayed seroma was observed in each group. Fibrin glue seems to reduce daily postoperative drainage and hospital stay, but did not affect delayed seroma formation after axillary lymphadenectomy for breast cancer...
- Fibrin glue treatment of complex anal fistulas has low success rateRasmy Loungnarath
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 47:432-6. 2004..Reported success rates vary widely. The purpose of this study was to review the use of fibrin glue in the management of complex anal fistulas at a tertiary referral center...
- The treatment of chondral and osteochondral defects of the knee with autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis (AMIC): method description and recent developmentsJan Philipp Benthien
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:1316-9. 2011..This technical note describes the method of autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis (AMIC), a one-step procedure combining subchondral microfracture with the fixation of a collagen I/III membrane with fibrin glue or sutures...
- A new fibrin sealant from Crotalus durissus terrificus venom: applications in medicineL C Barros
Centro de Estudos de Venenos e Animais Peconhentos, Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo State, Brasil
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 12:553-71. 2009..The effectiveness of this new fibrin sealant is reviewed and its development and employment are described...
- Mid-term results of Autologous Matrix-Induced Chondrogenesis for treatment of focal cartilage defects in the kneeJ Gille
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, Lubeck, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:1456-64. 2010..However, further studies with long-term follow-up are needed to determine whether the grafted area will maintain structural and functional integrity over time...
- Comparison of fibrin glue versus suture for conjunctival autografting in pterygium surgery: a meta-analysisHong wei Pan
Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
Ophthalmology 118:1049-54. 2011..To evaluate the safety and clinical efficacy of fibrin glue in pterygium surgery with conjunctival autografting...
- Sutureless human sclera donor patch graft for Ahmed glaucoma valveLucio Zeppa
Unità Operativa di Oculistica, Presidio Ospedaliero Giuseppe Moscati, Avellino Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:546-51. 2010..To report the safety and effectiveness of a sutureless human sclera donor patch graft covering the subconjunctival portion of glaucoma drainage implant tube to prevent its erosion throughout the overlying conjunctiva...
- Glued posterior chamber IOL in eyes with deficient capsular support: a retrospective analysis of 1-year post-operative outcomesD A Kumar
Dr Agarwal s Eye Hospital and Eye Research Centre, Chennai, India
Eye (Lond) 24:1143-8. 2010..To evaluate the post-operative outcome of fibrin glue-assisted posterior chamber intraocular lens (IOL) implantation in eyes with deficient capsular support after 1 year...
- Fibrin sealant reduces the duration and amount of fluid drainage after axillary dissection: a randomized prospective clinical trialM Moore
Department of Surgery and the Tissue Adhesive Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
J Am Coll Surg 192:591-9. 2001..The viral safety of the product was also supported...
- Fibrin glue versus sutures for attaching the conjunctival autograft in pterygium surgery: a prospective observer masked clinical trialS Srinivasan
Department of Ophthalmology, Toronto Western Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 93:215-8. 2009..To compare the degree of conjunctival autograft inflammation, subconjunctival haemorrhage (SCH) and graft stability following the use of sutures or fibrin glue (FG) during pterygium surgery...
- Experience improves successful use of fibrin sealant in total knee arthroplasty: implications for surgical educationGwo Jaw Wang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 13:389-97. 2003..04). The decline between the early C, 3.51 +/- 0.21 g/dL, and the early FS, 3.25 +/- 0.22 g/dL, was 0.26 g/dL (p = 0.34). This study demonstrates the importance of experience and education in successful application of tissue adhesives...
- Randomized clinical trial of tranexamic acid-free fibrin sealant during vascular surgical proceduresR T A Chalmers
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Surg 97:1784-9. 2010..This study evaluated the safety and haemostatic effectiveness of a fibrin sealant (EVICEL(™) Fibrin Sealant (Human)) during vascular surgery...
- A comparative study of tissue glue and vicryl suture for closing limbal-conjunctival autografts and histologic evaluation after pterygium excisionYasemin Ozdamar
Ankara Ulucanlar Eye Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Cornea 27:552-8. 2008..To compare clinical and histopathologic outcomes of tissue glue and vicryl suture to attach limbal conjunctival autografts in pterygium surgery...
- The use of fibrin glue in surgery of the kneeS Patel
Department of Orthopaedics, University College Hospital, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:1325-31. 2010..Consequently, it has the potential to be used in a number of ways in orthopaedic surgery. The purpose of this review is to address its use in surgery of the knee in which it appears to offer great promise...
- Watertight cataract incision closure using fibrin tissue adhesiveJohn A Hovanesian
Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1461-3. 2007To determine whether a simple method for applying fibrin tissue adhesive to a clear corneal cataract incision can create a watertight seal.
- Effectiveness of autologous fibrin tissue adhesive in reducing postoperative blood loss during total hip arthroplasty: a prospective randomised study of 100 casesM Mawatari
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Saga University, Saga City, Japan
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 14:117-21. 2006To evaluate the effectiveness of autologous fibrin tissue adhesive (auto-FTA) in reducing blood loss during cementless total hip arthroplasty (THA).
- Subconjunctival carboplatin in fibrin sealant in the treatment of transgenic murine retinoblastomaKurtis R Van Quill
Ocular Oncology Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Ophthalmology 112:1151-8. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of subconjunctival carboplatin in fibrin sealant in the treatment of transgenic murine retinoblastoma...
- A review of bioceramics and fibrin sealantL Le Guehennec
INSERM EM 9903, Research Center on Materials of Biological Interest Faculty of Dental Surgery, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44042 Nantes Cedex, France
Eur Cell Mater 8:1-10; discussion 10-1. 2004..This review discusses both the advantages and disadvantages, as well as the future perspectives, of using bioceramic-fibrin composites in various clinical indications...
- Post-injury regeneration in rat sciatic nerve facilitated by neurotrophic factors secreted by amniotic fluid mesenchymal stem cellsHung Chuan Pan
Department of Neurosurgery, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Neurosci 14:1089-98. 2007..The increased nerve regeneration found in this study may be due to the neurotrophic factors secreted by amniotic fluid mesenchymal stem cells...
- The use of fibrin glue in skin grafts and tissue-engineered skin replacements: a reviewL J Currie
Blond McIndoe Centre for Medical Research, Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Plast Reconstr Surg 108:1713-26. 2001..Fibrin glue has also been shown to be a suitable delivery vehicle for exogenous growth factors that may in the future be used to accelerate wound healing...
- Fibrin: a versatile scaffold for tissue engineering applicationsTamer A E Ahmed
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Tissue Eng Part B Rev 14:199-215. 2008..Thus, fibrin is a versatile biopolymer, which shows a great potential in tissue regeneration and wound healing...
- Fibrin glue in ophthalmologyAnita Panda
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:371-9. 2009..The purpose of this review is to discuss the currently available information on fibrin glue...
- Effectiveness of a new carrier-bound fibrin sealant versus argon beamer as haemostatic agent during liver resection: a randomised prospective trialAndrea Frilling
Department of General Surgery and Transplantation, University Hospital of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45147 Essen, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 390:114-20. 2005..A new carrier-bound fibrin sealant, TachoSil, is expected to be efficacious and safe as a haemostatic treatment in hepatic resection...
- Use of fibrin sealant to reduce bloody drainage and hemoglobin loss after total knee arthroplasty: a brief note on a randomized prospective trialG J Wang
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 83:1503-5. 2001..A phase-III trial that included fifty-three patients undergoing unilateral primary total knee arthroplasty with cement was conducted to investigate the hemostatic efficacy of fibrin sealant...
- Fibrin glue as an osteoinductive protein in a mouse modelS Abiraman
Implant Biology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
Biomaterials 23:3023-31. 2002..On the contrary, the uncoated granules did not show any de novo bone formation. This experimental study provides an evidence of the positive role of FG as a potential osteoinductive biologic tissue adhesive...
- Fibrin glue versus sutures for conjunctival autografting in pterygium surgery: a prospective comparative studyA Karalezli
Department of Ophthalmology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1206-10. 2008..To compare the use of fibrin glue versus sutures for fixating conjunctival autografts in patients undergoing pterygium excision...
- Estimating the pathogen safety of manufactured human plasma products: application to fibrin sealants and to thrombinBernard Horowitz
Horowitz Consultants, LLC, Key Biscayne, Florida, USA
Transfusion 48:1739-53. 2008....
- Treatment of traumatic LASIK flap dislocation and epithelial ingrowth with fibrin glueDavid L Yeh
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 141:960-2. 2006..To describe a case of a traumatic late dislocation of a laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) flap complicated by epithelial ingrowth...
- Use of human fibrin glue (Tissucol) versus staples for mesh fixation in laparoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal hernioplasty: a prospective, randomized studyFederico Lovisetto
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche, Rianimatorie Riabilitative e dei Trapianti d Organo, Facolta di Medicina, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Ann Surg 245:222-31. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the morbidity of fixation of prosthetic meshes using Tissucol fibrin glue versus staples in laparoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal (TAPP) repair of inguinal and femoral hernias...
- Autologous platelet gel and fibrin sealant enhance the efficacy of total knee arthroplasty: improved range of motion, decreased length of stay and a reduced incidence of arthrofibrosisPeter A M Everts
Department of Peri Operative Blood Management, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:888-94. 2007..We conclude that peri-operatively applied platelet gel and fibrin sealant may improve the range of motion after total knee arthroplasty, decreases the length of stay and may reduce the incidence of arthrofibrosis...
- Bulk physicochemical, interconnectivity, and mechanical properties of calcium phosphate cements-fibrin glue composites for bone substitute applicationsM A Lopez-Heredia
Department of Biomaterials, College of Dental Science, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res A 101:478-90. 2013..Moreover, 0.500 mL of long setting FG modified the observed fracture behavior of the CPC-FG...
- Fibrin glue-assisted glaucoma drainage device surgeryM Y Kahook
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, CO 80045, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1486-9. 2006..To describe the use of fibrin glue as a suture substitute for portions of glaucoma drainage device (GDD) surgery...
- Fibrin tissue adhesive reduces postoperative blood loss in total knee arthroplastyLuigi Sabatini
Orthopedics and Traumatology Department, Ospedale Civile di Saluzzo, Via Spielberg 58, 12037, Saluzzo, CN, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 13:145-51. 2012..Blood transfusion is often required in total knee replacement; various methods of blood preservation have been studied. The best solution is to reduce the loss of blood during and after surgery...
- Reduction of blood loss in primary hip arthroplasty with tranexamic acid or fibrin sprayJamie S McConnell
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex, UK
Acta Orthop 82:660-3. 2011..Previous studies have shown that either fibrin spray or tranexamic acid can reduce blood loss at total hip replacement, but the 2 treatments have not been directly compared. We therefore conducted a randomized, controlled trial...
- Clinical application of tissue adhesives in soft-tissue surgery of the head and neckJohn Yoo
Department of Otolaryngology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, UK
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 16:312-7. 2008..To evaluate the clinical applications of tissue adhesives in soft-tissue surgery of the head and neck, and to highlight the practical and theoretical differences between the various synthetic and biologic products...
- Use of fibrin sealant in laparoscopic gastric bypass for the morbidly obeseMeng G Martin Lee
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Obes Surg 14:1321-6. 2004..This paper discusses the biological and clinical evidence for use of fibrin sealant in laparoscopic gastric bypass...
- Fatal intraoperative anaphylaxis related to aprotinin after local application of fibrin glueAnne Marie Oswald
Anesthesiology 99:762-3. 2003
- The use of fibrin glue in plastic surgeryEric Mooney
Bassett Healthcare, 38 Nelson Avenue, Cooperstown, NY 13326 1017, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:989-92. 2009..This article provides an overview of fibrin glue, including its composition, mechanism of action, availability, safety, efficacy, and potential applications in plastic surgery...
- Applications of fibrin sealant in surgeryMeng G Martin Lee
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Surg Innov 12:203-13. 2005..The applications of fibrin sealant are expanding, and new preparations of fibrin sealant are currently being evaluated...
- Fibrin sealant (Tissucol) enhances tissue integration of condensed polytetrafluoroethylene meshes and reduces early adhesion formation in experimental intraabdominal peritoneal onlay mesh repairAlexander H Petter-Puchner
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Traumatology at the Research Center of the AUVA, Cluster for Tissue Regeneration, Vienna, Austria
J Surg Res 150:190-5. 2008..It was tested whether FS application allowed the reduction of sutures for mesh fixation without increasing the risk of mesh dislocation...
- Intraoperative application of fibrin sealant does not reduce the duration of closed suction drainage following radical axillary lymph node dissection in melanoma patients: a prospective randomized trial in 58 patientsHeiko Neuss
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Medical Faculty of Humboldt University, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Charite, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
World J Surg 32:1450-5. 2008..To study the effect of intraoperatively applied fibrin sealant following RALND a randomized patient-blinded trial was carried out...
- Topical gentamicin does not provide any additional anastomotic strength when combined with fibrin glueGokulakkrishna Subhas
Department of Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, MI 48075, USA
Am J Surg 201:339-43. 2011..We evaluated the effect of a combination of fibrin sealant and topical gentamicin on a colonic anastomosis in a rat model...
- Role of fibrin glue in the prevention of peritoneal adhesions in ventral hernia repairJuan Antonio Martín-Cartes
Surgical Department, Laparoscopic Surgery Unit, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, c Baños 76, 41002, Seville, Spain
Surg Today 38:135-40. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of fibrin glue on the prevention of postoperative peritoneal adhesion to prosthetic materials used in ventral hernia repair...
- Fibrin sealant (evicel® [quixil®/crosseal™]): a review of its use as supportive treatment for haemostasis in surgerySohita Dhillon
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 71:1893-915. 2011....
- Histological effects of fibrin glue on nervous tissue: a safety study in ratsJoost De Vries
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Surg Neurol 57:415-22; discussion 422. 2002..To verify the safety of intracranial application of fibrin glue, we investigated the histologic effects of fibrin glue on brain tissue and intracranial nerves of rats...
- Anastomotic sealing with a fibrin-coated collagen patch in small-diameter bowelMartin Chmelnik
Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 396:685-91. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the complication rates and inflammatory response in TachoSil™-sealed small-diameter anastomoses with conventional and reduced suture number as a model for neonatal bowel surgery...
- Fibrin glue is effective healing perianal fistulas in patients with Crohn's diseaseJean Charles Grimaud
Hopital Nord, Centre d investigation Clinique Marseille Nord, Universite Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Gastroenterology 138:2275-81, 2281.e1. 2010..We assessed the efficacy and safety of a heterologous fibrin glue that was injected into the fistula tracts of patients with Crohn's disease (ClinicalTrials.gov No. NCT00723047)...
- Hemostatic effectiveness of Fibrin pad after partial nephrectomy in swineRichard W Hutchinson
Ethicon, Inc, a Johnson and Johnson Company, Somerville, New Jersey 08876 0151, USA
J Surg Res 167:e291-8. 2011..In this model, severe bleeding can be managed by concurrent use of several currently available treatments, or a more convenient option that offers performance and safety advantages...
- A prospective randomized trial: the influence of intraoperative application of fibrin glue after radical inguinal/iliacal lymph node dissection on postoperative morbidityH Neuss
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Charite, Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Charite, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:884-9. 2009..To detect whether fibrin glue application results in a decreased lymphatic secretion following RILND a randomized patient blinded clinical trial was conducted...
- Fibrin glue as a sealant for high-risk anastomosis in surgery for morbid obesityCarson D Liu
University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine and Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Los Angeles, CA 10833, USA
Obes Surg 13:45-8. 2003..Fibrin sealant, Tisseel, was used by one surgeon on 120 consecutive patients at the gastrojejunal anastomosis in Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP). We hypothesized that the application of fibrin sealant would decrease anastomotic leaks...
- Fibrin sealant does not decrease seroma output or time to drain removal following inguino-femoral lymph node dissection in melanoma patients: a randomized controlled trial (NCT00506311)Melinda M Mortenson
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
World J Surg Oncol 6:63. 2008....
- Anastomotic leakage after laparoscopic resection of rectal cancer: the impact of fibrin glueJung Wook Huh
Department of Surgery, Chonnam National University, Hwasun Hospital and Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
Am J Surg 199:435-41. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the use of fibrin glue as a sealant over an anastomosis is a risk factor for anastomotic leakage after laparoscopic rectal cancer surgery...
- Comments on using fibrin glue in pterygium surgeryL S Alvarenga
Br J Ophthalmol 89:392; author reply 392. 2005
- Haemostatic sealants in nephron-sparing surgery: what surgeons need to knowOrietta Dalpiaz
Department of Urology, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
BJU Int 102:1502-8. 2008..They should not be viewed as an alternative, but as complementary agents to be used to improve surgical outcomes. Further prospective studies are necessary to validate their role in relation to other haemostatic support techniques...
- Anastomotic leak prophylaxis using a vapor-heated fibrin sealant: report on 738 gastric bypass patientsJames A Sapala
Harper University Hospital, the Detroit Medical Center and Centers for Obesity Related Illness CORI, Detroit, MI, USA
Obes Surg 14:35-42. 2004..Therefore, we designed a 2-year, prospective study to determine the therapeutic efficacy of vapor-heated fibrin sealant to prevent anastomotic leaks at the gastro-jejunostomy (GJS) site...
- Fibrin glue in the endoscopic treatment of fistulae and anastomotic leakages of the gastrointestinal tractElisabeth Lippert
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:303-11. 2011..However, patients often are severely ill and endoscopic therapeutic options have been suggested to avoid surgical intervention...
- A fibrin glue composition as carrier for nucleic acid vectorsUlrike Schillinger
Institute of Experimental Oncology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Pharm Res 25:2946-62. 2008..The purpose of this study was to generate a gene vector-doted fibrin glue as a versatile injectable implant to be used in gene therapy supported tissue regeneration...
- Autologous human fibrin glue in multilayered amniotic membrane transplantationAltan Atakan Ozcan
Cukurova University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, 01330 Balcali, Adana Turkey
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 40:107-9. 2008..Defective epithelium of descemetocele was removed; separate and multilayered amniotic membranes were transplanted using autologous human fibrin glue. Finally a large amnion at the top was sutured on the cornea...
- Fibrin tissue-filler glue for persistent epithelial defectsPeter M Sumich
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:267-9. 2003
- [Fibrin glue for closing conjunctival wounds in ophthalmic surgery]T Krzizok
Zentrum für Augenheilkunde, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen
Ophthalmologe 101:1006-10. 2004..We examined the ability of fibrin glue--instead of sutures--to close conjunctival wounds at the end of different ophthalmic surgeries...
- Fibrin glue-assisted augmented amniotic membrane transplantation for the treatment of large noninfectious corneal perforationsHong Kyun Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, South Korea
Cornea 28:170-6. 2009..To evaluate and report the efficacy of fibrin glue (FG)-assisted augmented amniotic membrane transplantation (AMT) in patients with large corneal perforations...
- Advances in the use of adhesives in ophthalmologyStanley M Chan
Cornea Service, Hopital Maisonneuve Rosemont, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 15:305-10. 2004..To summarize the known uses of available medical tissue adhesives in the management of diseases of the anterior segment, highlighting recent developments in the field...
- Effect of fibrin glue on lymphatic drainage and on drain removal time after modified radical mastectomy: a prospective randomized studyAli Naki Ulusoy
Department of Surgery, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Breast J 9:393-6. 2003..05). In conclusion; fibrin glue application had no significant benefit on axillary lymphatic drainage, drain removal time, or seroma formation...
- Fibrin glue versus N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate in corneal perforationsAshok Sharma
Department of Ophthalmology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Ophthalmology 110:291-8. 2003..To compare the efficacy of fibrin glue and N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate in corneal perforations...
- Mechanical quality of tissue engineered cartilage: results after 6 and 12 weeks in vivoG N Duda
Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University of Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res 53:673-7. 2000..As an adjunct to histological analysis, mechanical testing may be a valuable tool for judging the utility of engineered cartilage prior to a broad clinical usage...
- Fibrin sealant: past, present, and future: a brief reviewWilliam D Spotnitz
Department of Surgery, Surgical Therapeutic Advancement Center, University of Virginia Health System, P O Box 801370, Charlottesville, VA, 22908 1370, USA
World J Surg 34:632-4. 2010....
- Impact of manufacturing, irradiation and filtration steps to bacterial contamination of autologous fibrin sealantChristoph Buchta
Department for Blood Group Serology and Transfusion Medicine, Vienna Medical University, Vienna, Austria
Biologicals 32:165-9. 2004..Especially in the orthopaedic setting, application of contaminated fibrin sealant can cause severe infections...
- Comparison of a new fibrin sealant with standard topical hemostatic agentsMyron Schwartz
Department of Surgery, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Surg 139:1148-54. 2004..Fibrin sealants represent an improvement over conventional topical hemostatic agents, because they contain components that actively form clot. However, most available agents contain nonhuman protein, which represents an immunologic risk...
- Human amniotic membrane transplantation with fibrin glue in management of primary pterygia: a new tuck-in techniqueArun K Jain
Department of Ophthalmology, Advanced Eye Centre, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Cornea 27:94-9. 2008..To report the use of fibrin glue for attaching the human amniotic membrane graft with a tuck-in technique after primary pterygium excision...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of the use of fibrin sealant to prevent seroma formation after breast cancer surgeryP A Carless
Discipline of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia
Br J Surg 93:810-9. 2006..The use of fibrin sealant has been proposed as a means of preventing seroma formation following breast cancer surgery. Conflicting trial results require the efficacy of fibrin sealant to be reviewed critically...
- Fibrin glue for fistula-in-ano: the evidence reviewedM T Swinscoe
Academic Surgical Unit, Level 8, Clinical Sciences Building St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
Tech Coloproctol 9:89-94. 2005..The quality of data to assess the efficacy of fibrin glue in the treatment of anal fistulae is poor and further clinical trials are needed. Fistula complexity is the main factor that adversely influences long-term healing rates...
- Human fibrin tissue adhesive for sutureless lamellar keratoplasty and scleral patch adhesion: a pilot studyHerbert E Kaufman
Department of Ophthalmology, LSU Eye Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Ophthalmology 110:2168-72. 2003..To determine whether a fibrin adhesive can facilitate the performance of sutureless lamellar keratoplasty and attachment of amnion to bare sclera...
- Tissue glue in sutureless vitreoretinal surgery for the treatment of wound leakageCosar Batman
Department of Vitreoretinal Surgery, Ankara Ulucanlar Eye Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:100-6. 2008..To assess the surgical outcomes of the use of tissue glue to close sclerotomy sites when required and the views of ultrasound biomicroscopy of the sclerotomy sites in 23- and 25-gauge vitrectomy systems...
- Comparison of fibrin glue with sutures for pterygium excision surgery with conjunctival autograftsReece C Hall
Ophthalmology Department, Wellington Hospital, Capital Coast District Health Board, Wellington, New Zealand
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 37:584-9. 2009..To compare pterygium excision conjunctival autograft surgery using Tisseel fibrin glue versus Vicryl sutures...
- Platelet-rich plasma and platelet gel: a reviewPeter A M Everts
Department of Extra Corporeal Blood Management, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Extra Corpor Technol 38:174-87. 2006..This review addresses a large variety of aspects relevant to platelets, platelet-rich plasma, and the application of platelet gel. In addition, an overview of recent animal and human studies is presented...
- Comparison of fibrin sealant and sutures for conjunctival autograft fixation in pterygium surgery: one-year follow-upJin Jiang
Eye Center, Affiliated Second Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Ophthalmologica 222:105-11. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of fibrin sealant in conjunctival autograft fixation in pterygium surgery...
- Safety and efficacy of currently available fibrin tissue adhesivesK H Siedentop
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 22:230-5. 2001..bonding power, preparation time, and costs associated with currently available autologous and homologous fibrin tissue adhesive preparations...
- Use of human fibrin glue and amniotic membrane transplant in corneal perforationB Duchesne
Department of Ophthalmology, CHU Sart Tilman, University of Liege, Belgium
Cornea 20:230-2. 2001..To repair corneal perforation using human fibrin glue (HFG) and amniotic membrane transplant (AMT)...
- A prospective, randomized trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of fibrin sealant in tubeless percutaneous nephrolithotomyHemendra N Shah
R G Stone Urological Research Institute, Khar W, and Tata Memorial Hospital, 21 A, 14 A Road, Ahimsa Marg, Mumbai 400052, India
J Urol 176:2488-92; discussion 2492-3. 2006..We performed a prospective, randomized trial to assess the safety and efficacy of fibrin sealant in tubeless percutaneous nephrolithotomy...
- Sutureless amniotic membrane transplantation for partial limbal stem cell deficiencyAhmad Kheirkhah
Ocular Surface Center, Miami, Florida 33173, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 145:787-94. 2008..To evaluate the results of sutureless amniotic membrane (AM) transplantation using fibrin glue for reconstructing corneal surfaces with partial limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD)...
- State-of-the-art review: Hemostats, sealants, and adhesives II: Update as well as how and when to use the components of the surgical toolboxWilliam D Spotnitz
Surgical Therapeutic Advancement Center, Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, PO Box 801370, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 16:497-514. 2010..Recommendations with respect to how and when to best use these materials will be presented. A review of the recent literature is also provided with respect to the most recent uses of these materials in specific surgical specialties...
- Amniotic membrane transplantation with fibrin glue for conjunctivochalasisAhmad Kheirkhah
Ocular Surface Center, Miami, FL 33173, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 144:311-3. 2007..To evaluate the feasibility of performing sutureless amniotic membrane transplantation (AMT) using fibrin glue for conjunctivochalasis...
- Fibrin glue-antibiotic mixture in the treatment of anal fistulae: experience with 69 casesL Patrlj
Department of Abdominal Surgery, University Hospital Merkur, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia
Dig Surg 17:77-80. 2000..To investigate the potential value of the use of the fibrin glue-antibiotic mixture in the treatment of anal fistulae...
- A randomized, controlled trial of fibrin glue vs. conventional treatment for anal fistulaIan Lindsey
Department of Colorectal Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1608-15. 2002..We aimed to compare the outcomes of patients with low and high anal fistulas randomly assigned to either fibrin glue or conventional treatment...
- The effect of sealing with a fixed combination of collagen matrix-bound coagulation factors on the healing of colonic anastomoses in experimental high-risk mice modelsDimitrios Pantelis
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:1039-48. 2010....
- Sutureless lamellar keratoplasty: a modified approach for fibrin glue applicationMaria Cecília Barros Duarte
Duke University Medical Center, Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cornea 26:1127-8. 2007..To report a case where fibrin glue was applied with a modified approach to secure the graft to the host bed in lamellar keratoplasty...
- Reduction in bile leaks following adult split liver transplant using a fibrin-collagen sponge: A pilot studyLuca Toti
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Dig Liver Dis 42:205-9. 2010..We compared surgical complications in patients who had the cut surface of the donor liver treated with a patch to those in whom the cut surface of the liver was treated with fibrin glue...
- Fibrin glue mixed with gelatin/hyaluronic acid/chondroitin-6-sulfate tri-copolymer for articular cartilage tissue engineering: the results of real-time polymerase chain reactionCheng Hung Chou
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Biomed Mater Res A 82:757-67. 2007..The evidence could support that GHC6S-fibrin glue would be a promising scaffold for articular cartilage tissue engineering...
- Fibrin glue for anal fistulas: long-term resultsStephen M Sentovich
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 46:498-502. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term success and complication rate of fibrin-glue treatment of anal fistulas...
- Fibrin glue in the management of anal fistulaeT M Hammond
Centre for Academic Surgery, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and The London, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Colorectal Dis 6:308-19. 2004..The objective of this review was to ascertain the role of fibrin glue in the management of anal fistulae, including assessment of recurrence rates, continence disturbance and other complications...
- The contribution of platelets in the production of cryoprecipitates for use in a fibrin glueG Rock
The University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Vox Sang 91:252-5. 2006..Cryoprecipitate has a wide application for use as a fibrin glue. In some situations, platelets are added to the preparation in order to enhance the fibrin glue...
- Fibrin glues of human originMauro Valbonesi
Department of Immunohematology, San Martino University Hospital, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 19:191-203. 2006..Instead of more new technologies, larger studies are now needed to quantify the benefits and clarify the optimal application for these products...
- [Fistulas and fissures. Part I: perianal fistulas]W Heitland
Klinikum Bogenhausen, Klinik für Visceral, Thorax und Gefasschirurgie, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Englschalkinger Strasse 77, 81925 Munchen
Chirurg 79:430-8. 2008..Excision of the external fistula tract, closure of the internal opening, and a local advancement flap are now competing with fistulotomy, curettage, and immediate reconstruction...
- Role of conjunctival inflammation in surgical outcome after amniotic membrane transplantation with or without fibrin glue for pterygiumAhmad Kheirkhah
Ocular Surface Center, Miami, FL 33173, USA
Cornea 27:56-63. 2008..To determine the clinical significance of postoperative conjunctival inflammation noted at the third or fourth week after intraoperative application of mitomycin C and amniotic membrane transplantation for pterygium...
- Fistula-in-ano: advances in treatmentSamer Deeba
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, St Mary s Hospital, Norfolk Place, London W2 1NY, UK
Am J Surg 196:95-9. 2008..This review summarizes the history of fistula-in-ano management, the current techniques available, and describes new technologies...
- Synovium-based articular cartilage tissue engineeringErnst B Hunziker; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that this project is highly innovative and that the results of this research will have a significant impact on the future treatment of osteoarthritic lesions and on improvement of the health status of the US population. ..
- Clinical Development of Hemostatic Agent ClotFoam for Severe HemorrhageMaja Nowakowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Substantial economic activity will be generated from the global provision of this core component. ..
- Transscleral Drug Delivery for Retinal DisordersHENRY FRANCIS EDELHAUSER; Fiscal Year: 2010..These delivery techniques should be safer and more effective than the state of the art. Ultimately, these results will guide us in enhancing drug treatments in ophthalmic practice. ..
- Reducing Mortality from Acute Hemorrhage in TraumaRHONDA K COOKE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Reducing death from acute hemorrhage in trauma care will be a major step forward in reducing overall trauma mortality. ..
- CLOTTING FACTORS FROM FISH BLOOD FOR FIBRIN SEALANTSEvelyn Sawyer; Fiscal Year: 2000..The U.S. market is over $400 million, in addition to military use. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A FIBRIN SEALANT DELIVERY METHODBRENDA MORSE; Fiscal Year: 1991..The objective of this study is to develop and evaluate a unique method for the mixing and delivery of fibrin sealant in a single syringe or container system...
- Responses to Surgical and Bronchoscopic Volume ReductionEdward Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe that by accomplishing these objectives, we can help advance this technology into the clinical arena. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF FIBRIN SEALANT FORMULATIONSEDWARD LUCK; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Wayne State University Clinical Translational ScienceMichael Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 8th Conference - Chemistry & Biology Mineralized TissueWILLIAM LANDIS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Effect of Diabetes on Bone Integration of ImplantsMichael McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge may lead to bioengineered materials which will modify and improve bone healing response in diabetic patients who receive implants. ..
- OCULAR HERPES SIMPLEXHerbert Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2008..If they are additive to or synergistic with acyclovir in suppressing viral DNA production, tests on human infection could almost certainly follow. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORE GRANT FOR VISION RESEARCHHerbert Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This Core Grant has [unreadable] been a vital force in keeping vision research highly active at LSU for the past 25 years, and we hope that it will continue to serve this function in the future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fibronectin peptides for treatment of burnsRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MINERAL-MATRIX RELATIONS IN CALCIFYING TISSUESWILLIAM LANDIS; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Systematic Integration POR into Clinical Pathway of HCCMyron Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This program provides a truly remarkable opportunity to make meaningful progress in understanding, preventing and treating HCC, while in the process providing fertile training ground for young physician-scientists. ..
- HOMOCYSTEINE AND PROGRESSION OF ATHEROSCLEROSISLloyd Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Periodontal Disease and Rheumatoid ArthritisMichael McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, it is hypothesized that among patients with rheumatoid arthritis, an association exists between the rate of progression of inflammatory arthritis and the progression of periodontal disease. ..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Fibroblast Survival in the Collagen MatrixMark Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Loss of matrix anchorage is hypothesized to reverse these effects and induce apoptosis. The involvement of each protein will be probed with mutated isoforms. ..
- Tissue Engineering for the Treatment of Delayed HealingVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance our understanding of how to reconstitute the wound bed and whether it is possible to correct the abnormal cellular phenotype in non-healing wounds. ..
- Enriched IVIG for the treatment of West Nile VirusIsrael Nur; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the absence of sufficient WN antibodies in convalescent donors, hyper-immune donors treated with an attenuated vaccine may be explored as an alternative source of plasma. ..
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS OF VENOUS DISEASEVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies should advance knowledge of the pathogenesis of venous ulceration and fibrosis. ..
- DERIVATIZED HYALURONAN FOR WOUND HEALINGRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally it will be determined whether hyaluronan constructs that are optimal in vitro for cell migration are also optimal in vivo for cutaneous wound healing. ..
- MECHANISMS OF BIOENGINEERED SKIN IN HUMAN WOUNDSVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will advance our understanding of how a bioengineered skin product works in a human chronic wound and provide insight into further bioengineering needs. ..