Genomes and Genes
Summary: Water-soluble proteins found in egg whites, blood, lymph, and other tissues and fluids. They coagulate upon heating.
Publications287 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of albumin and saline for fluid resuscitation in the intensive care unitSimon Finfer
ANZICS CTG, Level 3, 10 Ievers St, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
N Engl J Med 350:2247-56. 2004..We conducted a multicenter, randomized, double-blind trial to compare the effect of fluid resuscitation with albumin or saline on mortality in a heterogeneous population of patients in the ICU...
- Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancerWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University, Breast Oncology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7794-803. 2005..This phase III study was performed to confirm preclinical studies demonstrating superior efficacy and reduced toxicity of ABI-007 compared with standard paclitaxel...
- Increased antitumor activity, intratumor paclitaxel concentrations, and endothelial cell transport of cremophor-free, albumin-bound paclitaxel, ABI-007, compared with cremophor-based paclitaxelNeil Desai
American BioScience, Inc, Santa Monica, California 90403, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1317-24. 2006..Enhanced endothelial cell binding and transcytosis for ABI-007 and inhibition by Cremophor in Cremophor-based paclitaxel may account in part for the greater efficacy and intratumor delivery of ABI-007...
- Weekly nab-paclitaxel in combination with carboplatin versus solvent-based paclitaxel plus carboplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: final results of a phase III trialMark A Socinski
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2055-62. 2012..This phase III trial compared the efficacy and safety of albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus carboplatin with solvent-based paclitaxel (sb-paclitaxel) plus carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- A phase II trial of nab-paclitaxel (ABI-007) and carboplatin in patients with unresectable stage IV melanoma : a North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study, N057E(1)Lisa A Kottschade
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 117:1704-10. 2011..ABI-007 is an albumin-bound formulation of paclitaxel that has demonstrated single-agent activity against metastatic melanoma...
- Renal albumin absorption in physiology and pathologyH Birn
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Kidney Int 69:440-9. 2006..The present paper will review the mechanisms for tubular albumin uptake and the possible implications for the development of renal disease...
- Cubilin is essential for albumin reabsorption in the renal proximal tubuleSabine Amsellem
INSERM UMR S968, Institut de la Vision, 17 rue Moreau, 75012 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1859-67. 2010..These genetic models will allow further analysis of protein trafficking in the progression of proteinuric renal diseases...
- Near completely humanized liver in mice shows human-type metabolic responses to drugsChise Tateno
Yoshizato Project, Cooperative Link of Unique Science and Technology for Economy Revitalization CLUSTER, Hiroshima, Japan
Am J Pathol 165:901-12. 2004..We conclude that the chimeric mouse developed in the present study is a useful model for assessing the functions and pharmacological responses of human hepatocytes...
- Albumin-bound paclitaxel: a next-generation taxaneWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:1041-53. 2006..Taken together, these studies have demonstrated that nab technology has increased the therapeutic index of paclitaxel compared with the conventional, solvent-based formulation...
- Expression of albumin in nonhepatic tissues and its synthesis by the bovine mammary glandA Shamay
Institute of Animal Science, Agricultural Research Organization, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
J Dairy Sci 88:569-76. 2005..Exposure to lipopolysaccharide accelerated albumin synthesis in a time-dependent manner up to 48 h. These results lead us to suggest that the secretion of albumin by the mammary gland is part of the innate nonspecific defense system...
- Circulatory function and hepatorenal syndrome in cirrhosisLuis Ruiz-del-Arbol
Hepatic Hemodynamic Unit, Gastroenterology Department, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, University of Alcala, Ctra de Colmenar Viejo Km 9 1, 28034 Madrid, Spain
Hepatology 42:439-47. 2005..No changes were observed in peripheral vascular resistance. In conclusion, these data indicate that hepatorenal syndrome is the result of a decrease in cardiac output in the setting of a severe arterial vasodilation...
- Alginate-encapsulated HepG2 cells in a fluidized bed bioreactor maintain function in human liver failure plasmaSam M Coward
Centre for Hepatology, Royal Free Hospital and UCL Medical School, London, UK
Artif Organs 33:1117-26. 2009....
- Synergy of nab-paclitaxel and bevacizumab in eradicating large orthotopic breast tumors and preexisting metastasesLisa D Volk
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
Neoplasia 13:327-38. 2011..Here, we assessed this therapy in two models of advanced (450-600 mm(3)) breast tumors and delineated VEGF-A-dependent mechanisms of tumor resistance...
- A dose finding study of weekly and every-3-week nab-Paclitaxel followed by carboplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerMark A Socinski
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:852-61. 2010..This nonrandomized study aimed to identify the optimal dose of every-3-week (q3w) and weekly nab-paclitaxel plus q3w carboplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) for a phase 3 trial...
- The versatile MHC class I-related FcRn protects IgG and albumin from degradation: implications for development of new diagnostics and therapeuticsJan Terje Andersen
Department of Molecular Biosciences and Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 24:318-32. 2009..This review summarizes our current understanding of FcRn function and discusses its relevance for development of new IgG and albumin based therapeutics and diagnostics...
- Interleukin-1beta causes acute lung injury via alphavbeta5 and alphavbeta6 integrin-dependent mechanismsMichael T Ganter
Laboratory of Surgical Research, Department of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco 94110, USA
Circ Res 102:804-12. 2008..In summary, these results demonstrate a critical role for the alphavbeta5/beta6 integrins in mediating the IL-1beta-induced ALI and indicate that these integrins could be a potentially attractive therapeutic target in ALI...
- Colloids versus crystalloids for fluid resuscitation in critically ill patientsPablo Perel
Cochrane Injuries Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 6:CD000567. 2012..Colloid solutions are widely used in fluid resuscitation of critically ill patients. There are several choices of colloid and there is ongoing debate about the relative effectiveness of colloids compared to crystalloid fluids...
- Phase II trial of nab-paclitaxel compared with docetaxel as first-line chemotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer: final analysis of overall survivalWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 12:313-21. 2012..A randomized phase II study in first-line MBC demonstrated superior efficacy and safety of weekly nab-paclitaxel compared with docetaxel. Final survival analyses and updated safety results are reported...
- Therapeutic influence of 20 % albumin versus 6% hydroxyethylstarch on extravascular lung water in septic patients: a randomized controlled trialMartin Dolecek
Trauma Hospital Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 56:1622-8. 2009....
- Albumin administration improves organ function in critically ill hypoalbuminemic patients: A prospective, randomized, controlled, pilot studyMarc Jacques Dubois
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care Med 34:2536-40. 2006..To test the hypothesis that administration of albumin to correct hypoalbuminemia might have beneficial effects on organ function in a mixed population of critically ill patients...
- Microcirculatory effects of intravenous fluids in critical illness: plasma expansion beyond crystalloids and colloidsNivaldo R Villela
Laboratory for Clinical and Experimental Research in Vascular Biology, Biomedical Center, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 22:163-7. 2009....
- A phase II evaluation of nanoparticle, albumin-bound (nab) paclitaxel in the treatment of recurrent or persistent platinum-resistant ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert L Coleman
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 122:111-5. 2011..Nab-paclitaxel is a novel Cremophor®-free nanoparticle of albumin-stabilized paclitaxel, which has favorable efficacy and toxicity characteristics relative to other solvent-based taxanes, such as paclitaxel and docetaxel...
- Neonatal Fc receptor: from immunity to therapeuticsTimothy T Kuo
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Immunol 30:777-89. 2010..Here, we aim to summarize the basic understanding of FcRn biology, its functions in various organs, and the therapeutic design of antibody- and albumin-based therapeutics in light of their interactions with FcRn...
- Albumin treatment reduces neurological deficit and protects blood-brain barrier integrity after acute intracortical hematoma in the ratLudmila Belayev
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology D4 5, University of Miami School of Medicine, PO Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Stroke 36:326-31. 2005....
- Mild renal ischemia-reperfusion reduces charge and size selectivity of the glomerular barrierMaria Andersson
Department of Nephrology, Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F1802-9. 2007....
- Saline or albumin for fluid resuscitation in patients with traumatic brain injuryJohn Myburgh
ANZICS Clinical Trials Group, Level 3, 10 Ievers Terrace, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
N Engl J Med 357:874-84. 2007..We conducted a post hoc follow-up study of patients with traumatic brain injury who were enrolled in the study...
- Efficient prefractionation of low-abundance proteins in human plasma and construction of a two-dimensional mapSang Yun Cho
Department of Biochemistry, Yonsei Proteome Research Center and Biomedical Proteome Research Center, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Proteomics 5:3386-96. 2005..Thus, a working scheme of MARC --> FFE --> 1-D PAGE --> 2-D-nanoLC-MS/MS may be considered as a widely applicable standard platform technology for fractionation of complex samples like plasma...
- Caveolae-deficient endothelial cells show defects in the uptake and transport of albumin in vivoW Schubert
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 276:48619-22. 2001..We conclude that endothelial cell caveolae are required for the efficient uptake and transport of albumin from the blood to the interstitium...
- Multicenter phase II trial of ABI-007, an albumin-bound paclitaxel, in women with metastatic breast cancerNuhad K Ibrahim
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 424, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6019-26. 2005..ABI-007 is a novel nanoparticle, albumin-bound paclitaxel that is free of solvents. This multicenter phase II study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ABI-007 for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Changes in blood volume and hematocrit during acute preoperative volume loading with 5% albumin or 6% hetastarch solutions in patients before radical hysterectomyM Rehm
, , Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Anesthesiology 95:849-56. 2001....
- Effects of noradrenalin and albumin in patients with type I hepatorenal syndrome: a pilot studyChristophe Duvoux
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, AP HP, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Hepatology 36:374-80. 2002..5 mg/h NA) that did not recur after a dose reduction. In conclusion, NA combined with albumin and furosemide appears effective and safe for the treatment of type 1 HRS...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetics trial of ABI-007, a novel nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel in patients with advanced nonhematologic malignanciesDavid W Nyman
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Arizona Cancer Center University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7785-93. 2005..This study determined the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of ABI-007 monotherapy administered weekly (three weekly doses, repeated every 4 weeks) and assessed the pharmacokinetics of paclitaxel administered as ABI-007...
- Potentiation of alpha7-containing nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by select albuminsWilliam G Conroy
Neurobiology Section, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Mol Pharmacol 63:419-28. 2003..generated by such receptors can be dramatically potentiated in a rapidly reversible manner by some but not all albumins. The potentiation involves increases both in potency and efficacy with no obvious differences in rise and fall ..
- Influence of formulation vehicle on metronomic taxane chemotherapy: albumin-bound versus cremophor EL-based paclitaxelSylvia S W Ng
Molecular and Cellular Biology Research, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 12:4331-8. 2006..We hypothesized that ABI-007, a cremophor EL-free, albumin-bound, 130-nm form of paclitaxel, could potentially alleviate this problem...
- Correction of the anion gap for albumin in order to detect occult tissue anions in shockM Hatherill
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, School of Child and Adolescent Health, University of Cape Town, and Red Cross War Memorial Childrenrsquo, South Africa
Arch Dis Child 87:526-9. 2002..It is believed that hypoalbuminaemia confounds interpretation of the anion gap (AG) unless corrected for serum albumin in critically ill children with shock...
- Effect of baseline serum albumin concentration on outcome of resuscitation with albumin or saline in patients in intensive care units: analysis of data from the saline versus albumin fluid evaluation (SAFE) studySimon Finfer
Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
BMJ 333:1044. 2006..To determine whether outcomes of resuscitation with albumin or saline in the intensive care unit depend on patients' baseline serum albumin concentration...
- Human microglial cells synthesize albumin in brainSung Min Ahn
Center for Genomics and Proteomics, Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Institute, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon, Korea
PLoS ONE 3:e2829. 2008..These data indicate that microglial cells may play a beneficial role in AD by secreting albumin that not only inhibits Abeta polymerization but also increases its clearance...
- Transvascular protein transport in mice lacking endothelial caveolaeBert Inge Rosengren
Department of Nephrology, Lund University, Sweden
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1371-7. 2006..Alternatively, the data may be explained by reductions in the selectivity of the endothelial glycocalyx, leading to an increased capillary hydraulic conductivity and large solute filtration...
- Albumin infusion in patients undergoing large-volume paracentesis: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsMauro Bernardi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Alma Mater Studiorum Universita di Bologna, Semeiotica Medica Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Hepatology 55:1172-81. 2012..58; 95% CI, 0.39-0.87). In addition, mortality was lower in patients receiving albumin than alternative treatments (OR, 0.64; 95% CI, 0.41-0.98)...
- Preserved liver-specific functions of hepatocytes in 3D co-culture with endothelial cell sheetsKyungsook Kim
Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Science, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Biomaterials 33:1406-13. 2012..In all, this culture system provides a valuable technology to prolong hepatocyte functionality and enable more efficient development of liver tissue engineering approaches to create liver-targeted regenerative therapies...
- Safety and efficacy of weekly nab®-paclitaxel in combination with carboplatin as first-line therapy in elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancerM A Socinski
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Ann Oncol 24:314-21. 2013..This analysis evaluates safety and efficacy in elderly (≥ 70 years old) versus younger patients enrolled in a phase III advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) trial...
- Long-term culture and coculture of primary rat and human hepatocytesMaria Shulman
The Selim and Rachel Benin School of Engineering, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Methods Mol Biol 945:287-302. 2013..This chapter covers the current status of hepatocyte culture techniques, including: hepatocyte isolation, media formulation, oxygen supply, heterotypic cell-cell interactions, and basic functional assays...
- Improved response to nab-paclitaxel compared with cremophor-solubilized paclitaxel is independent of secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine expression in non-small cell lung cancerHuanjie Shao
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:998-1005. 2011..We aim to demonstrate the role of SPARC expression as biomarker for treatment selection using ABX in NSCLC and to evaluate the presence of synergistic antitumor effect when a demethylating agent is combined with ABX...
- Multiple factors influence glomerular albumin permeability in ratsRuben M Sandoval
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Indiana Center for Biological Microscopy, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:447-57. 2012..In summary, these results help explain the previously conflicting microscopy and micropuncture data describing albumin filtration and highlight the dynamic nature of glomerular albumin permeability...
- Co-regulation of transcellular and paracellular leak across microvascular endothelium by dynamin and RacSusan M Armstrong
Institute of Medical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 180:1308-23. 2012..In addition, dominant-negative Rac significantly diminished albumin uptake by endothelia. Our findings indicate that transcytosis and paracellular permeability are co-regulated through a signaling pathway linking dynamin, Rac, and actin...
- Calcium entry via TRPC6 mediates albumin overload-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis in podocytesShan Chen
Department of Nephrology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Cell Calcium 50:523-9. 2011..These results support the view that albumin overload may induce ER stress and the subsequent apoptosis in podocytes via TRPC6-mediated Ca(2+) entry...
- Albumin overload activates intrarenal renin-angiotensin system through protein kinase C and NADPH oxidase-dependent pathwayWei Cao
Division of Nephrology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, China
J Hypertens 29:1411-21. 2011..Proteinuria has been shown to elicit the renal activation of RAS. The present study was performed to test the intracellular signal pathway involved in albumin-triggered activation of RAS...
- Targeted drug delivery by in vivo coupling to endogenous albumin: an albumin-binding prodrug of methotrexate (MTX) is better than MTX in the treatment of murine collagen-induced arthritisC Fiehn
Centre of Rheumatic Diseases, Baden Baden, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1188-91. 2008..To examine the effect of an albumin-binding prodrug of methotrexate (MTX) in the treatment of murine collagen-induced arthritis (CIA)...
- Abraxane, a novel Cremophor-free, albumin-bound particle form of paclitaxel for the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancerM R Green
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA, and City Oncology Hospital 62, Moscow, Russia
Ann Oncol 17:1263-8. 2006..This multicenter phase II study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Abraxane 260 mg/m2 every 3 weeks in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Albumin infusion in liver cirrhotic patientsNi Made Renny A Rena
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Udayana Sanglah Hospital, Jl PB Sudirman, Denpasar Bali, Indonesia
Acta Med Indones 42:162-8. 2010..Some guidelines recommended the use of albumin infusion in decompensated cirrhosis with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, hepatorenal syndrome, large volume parecentesis and decompensated cirrhosis with complications...
- The production, characterisation and enhanced pharmacokinetics of scFv-albumin fusions expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeLeslie Evans
Novozymes Biopharma UK Ltd, Castle Court, 59 Castle Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 1FD, United Kingdom
Protein Expr Purif 73:113-24. 2010..The system described provides an attractive alternative to other microbial systems for the manufacture of this type of product...
- Albumin as a zinc carrier: properties of its high-affinity zinc-binding siteJin Lu
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 36:1317-21. 2008..The binding of metal ions to serum albumins has been the subject of decades of studies, employing a multitude of techniques, but only recently has the ..
- Pathophysiological effects of albumin dialysis in acute-on-chronic liver failure: a randomized controlled studySambit Sen
Liver Failure Group, Institute of Hepatology, University College London, London, UK
Liver Transpl 10:1109-19. 2004..These results should temper the liberal use of MARS until further data is available...
- Mouse model of proximal tubule endocytic dysfunctionKathrin Weyer
Department of Biomedicine, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3446-51. 2011..However, the poor viability of the existing megalin-deficient mice precludes further studies and comparison of homogeneous groups of mice...
- Albumin expression is required for adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cellsWonbaek Yoo
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Korea University Graduate School of Medicine, Ansan, Gyeonggi do 425 707, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 397:170-5. 2010..Consistent with these in vitro finding, Nagase analbuminemic rats displayed reduced fat accumulation. Therefore, our findings suggest that albumin may play a distinct role in adipocyte differentiation by promoting lipid accumulation...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide modulation of albumin clearance and contrast agent permeability in mouse skeletal muscle and skin: role in regulation of plasma volumeFitz Roy E Curry
Department of Physiology and Membrane Biology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Physiol 588:325-39. 2010..These quantitative methods will enable further evaluation of the contribution of ANP-dependent microvascular beds (such as gastro-intestinal tract) to plasma volume regulation...
- Albumin therapy in clinical practiceChristian M Mendez
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Louisville Medical Center, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 20:314-20. 2005..This article will provide an overview of albumin metabolism, use of albumin for volume expansion, the potential therapeutic role of albumin in liver disease, and the role of albumin therapy in nutrition...
- Enhanced hepatic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells after pretreatment with injured liver tissueSadia Mohsin
National Center of Excellence in Molecular Biology, 87 West Canal Bank Road, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Differentiation 81:42-8. 2011..Therefore, it was concluded that pretreatment with injured liver tissue augment homing and hepatic differentiation abilities of MSCs and provides an improved procedure for the treatment of liver fibrosis...
- Reduced albumin reabsorption in the proximal tubule of early-stage diabetic ratsA Tojo
Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 116:269-76. 2001..In conclusion, albuminuria in early-stage diabetic rats can be partly explained by a decreased albumin endocytosis with reduced megalin expression and with increased lipid peroxidation in the proximal tubule...
- Cross-species binding analyses of mouse and human neonatal Fc receptor show dramatic differences in immunoglobulin G and albumin bindingJan Terje Andersen
Department of Molecular Biosciences and Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Oslo, P O Box 1041, N 0371 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 285:4826-36. 2010..Such distinct cross-species FcRn binding differences must be taken into consideration when IgG- and albumin-based therapeutics and diagnostics are evaluated in rodents for their pharmacokinetics...
- Loss of caveolae, vascular dysfunction, and pulmonary defects in caveolin-1 gene-disrupted miceM Drab
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauer Strasse 108, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Science 293:2449-52. 2001..Thus, caveolin-1 and caveolae play a fundamental role in organizing multiple signaling pathways in the cell...
- Wheat quality related differential expressions of albumins and globulins revealed by two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis (2-D DIGE)Liyan Gao
Capital Normal University, Beijing, China
J Proteomics 73:279-96. 2009..The results provide new insights into biochemical mechanisms for grain development and quality...
- Resolved: normal glomeruli filter nephrotic levels of albuminWayne D Comper
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:427-32. 2008..Three experts in the field debate the merits of this argument...
- Albumin mediates the transcytosis of myeloperoxidase by means of caveolae in endothelial cellsChinnaswamy Tiruppathi
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:7699-704. 2004..Albumin-mediated transport of MPO may thereby regulate NO bioavailability and formation of NO-derived oxidants in the vessel wall...
- Nitric oxide preserves the glomerular protein permeability barrier by antagonizing superoxideMukut Sharma
Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Kidney Int 68:2735-44. 2005..O2- increases glomerular capillary permeability to albumin (P(alb)). The present studies tested the hypothesis that nitric oxide opposes this effect, thereby preserving the glomerular protein permeability barrier...
- The alpha-fetoprotein enhancer region activates the albumin and alpha-fetoprotein promoters during liver developmentLin Jin
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Dev Biol 336:294-300. 2009....
- Morbidity in hospitalized patients receiving human albumin: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trialsJean Louis Vincent
Department of Intensive Care, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Hopital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care Med 32:2029-38. 2004..To determine the effect of albumin administration on morbidity in acutely ill hospitalized patients...
- Maintenance of human hepatocyte function in vitro by liver-derived extracellular matrix gelsTiffany L Sellaro
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 16:1075-82. 2010..We conclude that like Matrigel, PLECM represents a favorable substrate for in vitro culture of human hepatocytes...
- Novel therapeutic potential in targeting microtubules by nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel in hepatocellular carcinomaQian Zhou
Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Int J Oncol 38:721-31. 2011..Our findings in this study highly suggest that the microtubule assembly represents a promising therapeutic target development in HCC...
- Mechanisms of aging and liver functionsNicoletta Gagliano
Department of Human Morphology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Dig Dis 25:118-23. 2007..The aim of this study was to analyze some aspects of the early phases of liver regeneration, its capacity to mount a stress response, and the inflammatory response in the early stage of an acute injury...
- Release characteristics of cardiac biomarkers and ischemia-modified albumin as measured by the albumin cobalt-binding test after a marathon raceFred S Apple
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Hennepin County Medical Center, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Clin Chem 48:1097-100. 2002
- The effects of hydroxyethyl starch solution in critically ill patientsD Palumbo
Department of Surgical, Anesthesiological Intensive Care and Emergency Sciences, Federico II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 72:655-64. 2006..In this study we have evaluated the effects of volume replacement, carried out with 2 different solutions: hydroxyethyl starch 6% (HAES) and albumin 20% (HA)...
- Randomized trial comparing albumin, dextran 70, and polygeline in cirrhotic patients with ascites treated by paracentesisA Gines
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 111:1002-10. 1996..This study investigated the clinical importance of paracentesis-induced-circulatory dysfunction and compared the efficacy of albumin, dextran 70, and polygeline in preventing this complication...
- Improvement of hepatorenal syndrome with extracorporeal albumin dialysis MARS: results of a prospective, randomized, controlled clinical trialS R Mitzner
Department of Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
Liver Transpl 6:277-86. 2000..5% in the MARS group at day 7 and 75% at day 30, respectively (P <.01). We conclude that the removal of albumin-bound substances with the MARS method can contribute to the treatment of type I HRS...
- Intracarotid tumor necrosis factor-alpha administration increases the blood-brain barrier permeability in cerebral cortex of the newborn pig: quantitative aspects of double-labelling studies and confocal laser scanning analysisC S Abraham
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary
Neurosci Lett 208:85-8. 1996..We conclude that significant increases in intravascular TNF-alpha-concentration during neonatal infections may result in vasogenic brain edema formation...
- Cardiac response is greater for colloid than saline fluid loading after cardiac or vascular surgeryJoanne Verheij
Department of Intensive Care, VU Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 32:1030-8. 2006..To study the effects on volume expansion and myocardial function of colloids or crystalloids in the treatment of hypovolaemic hypotension after cardiac and major vascular surgery...
- Characterization of a high-affinity binding site for the pea albumin 1b entomotoxin in the weevil SitophilusFrederic Gressent
UMR 0203 INRA INSA de Lyon, BF2I, Biologie Fonctionnelle, Insectes et Interactions, INSA Bâtiment Louis Pasteur, Villeurbanne, France
Eur J Biochem 270:2429-35. 2003..oryzae strains previously shown to be resistant to the toxin through a recessive monogenic mechanism. Therefore, we suggest that this binding site might be involved in the mechanism of action of PA1b...
- Albumin as fatty acid transporterGer J Van der Vusse
Dept of Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 24:300-7. 2009....
- Diagnosis, prevention and treatment of hepatorenal syndrome in cirrhosisFrancesco Salerno
Department of Internal Medicine, Policlinico IRCCS San Donato, University of Milan, Via Morandi, 30, 20097 San Donato MI, Italy
Gut 56:1310-8. 2007
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of ABI-007, a Cremophor-free, protein-stabilized, nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxelNuhad K Ibrahim
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:1038-44. 2002..This Phase I study examines the toxicity profile, maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and pharmacokinetics of ABI-007...
- Perfusion of 3D encapsulated hepatocytes--a synergistic effect enhancing long-term functionality in bioreactorsRui M Tostões
Animal Cell Technology Laboratory, IBET ITQB UNL, Oeiras, Portugal
Biotechnol Bioeng 108:41-9. 2011....
- Biological activity and binding site characteristics of the PA1b Entomotoxin on insects from different ordersFrederic Gressent
UMR203 Biologie Fonctionnelle Insectes et Interactions, IFR41, INRA, INSA Lyon, F 69021 Villeurbanne, France
J Insect Sci 7:1-10. 2007....
- Modulation of chaperone gene expression in mutagenized Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains developed for recombinant human albumin production results in increased production of multiple heterologous proteinsT Payne
Novozymes Biopharma UK Ltd, Castle Court, 59 Castle Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 1FD, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7759-66. 2008..The resultant strains showed significantly increased shake-flask production levels of rHA, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and recombinant human transferrin...
- N-Glycan Moieties in Neonatal Fc Receptor Determine Steady-state Membrane Distribution and Directional Transport of IgGTimothy T Kuo
Department of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, USA
J Biol Chem 284:8292-300. 2009..These studies show that the N-glycans in FcRn contribute significantly to the steady-state membrane distribution and direction of IgG transport in polarized epithelia...
- Expression of liver-specific markers in naïve adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cellsRomy Zemel
Molecular Hepatology Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Liver Int 29:1326-37. 2009..The existence of precommitted cells in the MSC population may explain transdifferentiation...
- Gbetagamma activation of Src induces caveolae-mediated endocytosis in endothelial cellsAyesha N Shajahan
Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 279:48055-62. 2004..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Gbetagamma activation of Src signals caveolae-mediated endocytosis and transendothelial albumin transport via transcytosis...
- Gene positional changes relative to the nuclear substructure during carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic fibrosis in ratsApolinar Maya-Mendoza
Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Mexico, Apdo Postal 428, C P 50000, Toluca, Edo Mex, Mexico
J Cell Biochem 93:1084-98. 2004....
- Dynamics of brain-derived proteins in cerebrospinal fluidH Reiber
Neurochemisches Labor der Neurologischen Klinik, Universitat Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 310:173-86. 2001..A reduced CSF flow rate is sufficient to account for the observed hyperbolic relation between different blood-derived protein concentrations in CSF in cases of a blood-CSF barrier dysfunction...
- Ischemia-modified albumin in relation to exercise stress testingEftihia Sbarouni
2nd Department of Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2482-4. 2006....
- Efficacy of a polyurethane foam/spheroid artificial liver by using human hepatoblastoma cell line (Hep G2)J Fukuda
Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cell Transplant 12:51-8. 2003..These results suggest that Hep G2 is a potential cell source PUF-HALSS...
- Characterization of the emulsification properties of 2S albumins from sunflower seedGary R Burnett
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UA, United Kingdom
J Colloid Interface Sci 247:177-85. 2002The ability of 2S albumins from sunflower seeds to stabilize oil-in-water emulsions has been investigated, demonstrating that one of the proteins (SFA8) effectively stabilizes emulsions, while another (SF-LTP) does not stabilize emulsions...
- Peptide-derivatized albumins that inhibit fibrin polymerizationJoseph W Watson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Division of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0314, United States
Biochemistry 50:9923-7. 2011..This study demonstrates that peptides modeled on fibrin polymerization knobs tethered to albumin retain their capacity to interact with fibrinogen/fibrin and may prove useful as inhibitors of clotting in vivo...
- Nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel: a novel Cremphor-EL-free formulation of paclitaxelThomas E Stinchcombe
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
Nanomedicine (Lond) 2:415-23. 2007..The preclinical and clinical data indicate that the nab-paclitaxel formulation has significant advantages over Cremphor-EL-paclitaxel...
- Superior antitumor activity of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel in experimental gastric cancerChanghua Zhang
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e58037. 2013..Nab-paclitaxel benefits were observed independent from phosphorylated stathmin expression at baseline, putting into question the consideration of nab-paclitaxel use in gastric cancer based on this putative biomarker...
- A quantitative analysis of the glomerular charge barrier in the ratJ Sorensson
Department of Physiology, Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F646-56. 2001..The finding that low ionic strength induces inverse effects on size selectivity and charge density strongly suggests that separate structures of the glomerular wall are responsible for the two properties...
- Release of proteolytic activity following reduction in therapeutic human serum albumin containing products: detection with a new neoepitope endopeptidase immunoassayRussell G A Jones
National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Health Protection Agency, Division of Bacteriology, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 3QG, UK
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:74-80. 2011..Taken together, these findings indicate a new intrinsic proteolytic activity of the albumin molecule revealed under reducing conditions as the source of the unexpected Arg-Ala cleaving activity...
- Alginate-encapsulated human hepatoma C3A cells for use in a bioartificial liver device - the hybrid-MDSStephan Harm
Center for Biomedical Technology, Danube University Krems, Krems Austria
Int J Artif Organs 32:769-78. 2009..The microcapsules have to be permeable for essential proteins such as albumin...
- Combined furosemide and human albumin treatment for diuretic-resistant edemaRowland J Elwell
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY 12208 3492, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:695-700. 2003..To evaluate the clinical usefulness of combined furosemide and human albumin for the treatment of diuretic-resistant edema in patients with nephrotic syndrome and cirrhosis...
- Three-dimensional growth of human hepatoma C3A cells within alginate beads for fluidized bioartificial liverA Kinasiewicz
Institute of Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Int J Artif Organs 31:340-7. 2008..Alginate beads allow cultivation of cells in a 3-dimensional environment. The aim of our study was to assess the influence of a 3-dimensional culture in alginate microbeads, on hepatic cell metabolism...
- Clinical study of heparin-free hemodialysis with the inside of hollow fibers in dialyzer coated by human albuminsXixin Wu
Department of Nephrology, The Fifth Affiliated Hospital, Zhong Shan University, Zhuhai City, Republic of China
Nephron 92:925-8. 2002To investigate the therapeutics of heparin-free hemodialysis (HD) with the inside of hollow fibers in a dialyzer coated with human albumins (HFHd-A1).
- Diminution of metabolism/blood flow uncoupling following traumatic brain injury in rats in response to high-dose human albumin treatmentM D Ginsberg
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33101, USA
J Neurosurg 94:499-509. 2001..The intent of this study was to establish whether the use of human albumin therapy in a model of acute TBI would influence this phenomenon...
- ALIAS II/III Trial:Albumin Therapy in Ischemic StrokeMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..At a minimum clinical effect size of 10%, a total of approximately 410 patients is required for the futility trial, and -1,950 for the efficacy trial. The primary outcome measure is the modified Rankin score at 3 months. ..
- Role of Antioxidants in Ovarian Thecal HyperplasiarAntoni Duleba; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping the Critical Epitopes of Ara h 2 and Ara h 6Stephen C Dreskin; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal will capitalize on three significant findings from our group: 1) the related and complementary 2S albumins, Ara h 2 and Ara h 6, are the most potent peanut allergens, 2) binding of IgE to two specific linear epitopes (..
- THERAPY IN DIALYSIS HYPOALBUMINEMIA AND HOMOCYSTEINEMIAJoseph Eustace; Fiscal Year: 2004..by conducting a two-center, 2 x 2 factorial trial of 280 recently hospitalized hemodialysis patients, with serum albumins of less then 4...
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF WALNUT FOOD ALLERGYSuzanne Teuber; Fiscal Year: 2002..packages delivered to the APC: recombinant Jug r 1 and Jug r 2, peptide fragments, whole purified proteins (albumins and large globulins), purified protein bodies (lectins and enzymes present), total walnut extract (pellicle ..
- CAPILLARY & INTERSTITIAL FLUID & SOLUTE EXCHANGEDonald Bell; Fiscal Year: 1991..The initial tissue uptake rate of monomeric and dimeric albumins of different isoelectric points will be compared to the steady-state lymph-to-plasma concentration ratios to ..
- EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL ON NEUROENDOCRINE CELLSGERALD KOZLOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 1992..mRNA's, 2) VP, OT and dopamine (DA) secretion in vitro, and 3) blood-brain barrier mechanisms for transport of albumins and IgG's...
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will examine bioeffects in cells and tissues and show how to safely use ultrasound contrast agents in diagnostic imaging. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will allow potentially life-threatening diseases, such as increased pressure in the liver, to be diagnosed early. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Isocyanate Antigens and T-cells that Cause AsthmaADAM WISNEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together the results should provide significant insights into the pathogenesis of diisocyanate asthma. ..
- Human Lung gamma/delta T cells, Antigens and FunctionsADAM WISNEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these experiments should provide important insights into the role of airway mucosal gamma/delta T cells in maintaining human pulmonary immune homeostasis. ..
- New Serodiagnostics for Isocyanate Exposure, A Major Cause of Occupational AsthmaADAM WISNEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel MRI Contrast Agent for Monitoring Thermal AblationNathan Mcdannold; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Innate and Adaptive Immunity In HCVDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the immunologic factors that determine resolution or persistence of the infection may help in the design of therapies and vaccines for the control of HCV infection. ..
- FACTORS IN THE PREVENTION OF TOXIC LIVER INJURYThomas Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The studies will clarify why expression of certain proteins fall during the acute phase response. ..
- TRPV4 Initiates Ventilator Induced Lung InjuryJames C Parker; Fiscal Year: 2010..and that lung PAR1 and PAR2 activation peptidesincrease lung vascular permeability in TRPV4+/+ mice ventilated with high airway pressures but not in TRPV4-/- mice, or either genotype ventilated with low airway pressures ..
- NEW APPROACH TO ENDOTHELIAL CLEFT STRUCTUREFitz Roy E Curry; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our experiments evaluate the common mechanical properties of the endothelial glycocalyx that modulate water, solute, leukocyte, and red cell fluxes at the endothelial cell surface. ..
- Mitochondrial Function and mtDNA Deletions in SarcopeniaDominic Raj; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Azulenyl nitrones: neuroprotectants in stroke and traumaMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two world-renowned authorities in oxygen-radical biochemistry and vascular pharmacology drawn from both academia and the pharmaceutical industry will serve as External Advisors to guide us throughout this project. ..
- Ultrasound contrast agent enhances ultarsound assisted thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Thrombin,Sepsis and Mechanisms of InflammationChinnaswamy Tiruppathi; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is hoped that this work will lead to the development of new drug targeting acute lung injury associated with leaky lung microvessel and tissue edema formation. ..
- Effects of FSGS factor on arachidonic acid metabolismEllen McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into the pathophysiology of proteinuria in patients with recurrent FSGS and may lead to novel treatment strategies in these patients. ..
- Bilirubin-induced Auditory Neuropathy in PretermsSANJIV AMIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanical Injury to Lung EndotheliumJames Parker; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- EICOSANOIDS IN FOCAL SEGMENTAL GLOMERULOSCLEROSISEllen McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, they may lead to a better understanding of the general mechanism by which proteinuria develops and thus point to interventions that may alleviate or prevent proteinuria in FSGS and in other glomerular diseases. ..
- HUMAN ALBUMIN THERAPY-TREATMENT OF ACUTE ISCHEMIC STROKEMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..In our view, the multiple unique physiochemical properties of the albumin molecule are integral to its neuroprotective effect and render it uniquely suited as a therapeutic agent to combat ischemic brain injury. ..
- IMPROVEMENT OF MEMBRANE BIOLOGY FACILITYFITZ ROY CURRY; Fiscal Year: 2002..That project addressed other laboratory and basic infrastructure deficiencies in the same building that contains the subject laboratories in the current application. ..
- SHARED CONFOCAL MICROSCOPY FACILITYMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The consequences of chronic cerebrovascular occlusions. 5) Ischemic preconditioning and mitochondrial mechanisms. 6) Programmed death signaling pathways in cardiac ischemia and reperfusion, and the therapeutic role of angiogenesis. ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNE RESPONSE IN CHRONIC HEPATITIS CDavid Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into basic immunologic principles associated with the host's immune response to this viral infection, as well as provide the basis for new interventional strategies. ..
- NOVEL A RING AND E RING MODIFIED CAMPTOTHECIN ANALOGSDaniel Von Hoff; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiac Troponin Testing for Myocardial InfarctionFred Apple; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- AIRWAY PERFUSION ASSISTED LIQUID VENTILATORJames Parker; Fiscal Year: 2002..Other applications include continuous intrapulmonary administration of drugs and anesthetics and clearance of material from the lungs...
- Aurora Kinases as Therapeutic Targets in Pancreatic CancerDaniel D Von Hoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results generated from this project therefore have the potential to directly benefit pancreatic cancer patients with improved treatment and the general public with reduced healthcare cost. ..
- Clinical Trials Methods Workshop - EuropeDaniel Von Hoff; Fiscal Year: 2008..And, finally, a proven evaluation system is in place to demonstrate that the Workshop will meet its objectives. ..
- ULTRASOUND THERAPY DELIVERY THROUGH INTACT SKULLKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2002..A successful implementation of even one of these possible therapies to routing clinical practice could have a major impact on patient care. ..
- LDL Modification in Diabetic ComplicationsMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Biogenesis of Apolipoprotein B-Containing LipoproteinsNassrin Dashti; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be accomplished by site- directed mutagenesis of residues critical for the structural competence of the beta barrel and binding to MTP. ..
- MECHANISMS OF HYPOALBUMINEMIA IN ENDSTAGE RENAL DISEASEGeorge Kaysen; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will further establish the effect of KT/V, dialyzer permeability and reuse on changes in albumin, nutritional status and acute phase response. ..
- Low CV Risk, Ages 25-44 & CV/non-CV Outcomes, Ages 65+Martha L Daviglus; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Blood Brain Barrier Dysfunction in Parkinson's DiseasesPaul M Carvey; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings would provide an entirely new hypothesis for progression pa hogenesis and identify new targets for therapeutic intervention in PD designed arou d affecting BBB integrity. ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction, Oxidative Stress and Risk of Peripheral Arterial DiseaseKenneth Jay Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will examine how a derived dietary antioxidant score, based upon measured oxidative potential of specific foods using the ferric-reducing/antioxidant power method, is related to PAD. ..
- Immunomodulatory Effects of Mechanical VentilationWILLIAM ALTEMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- PLEURAL LIQUID EXCHANGE AND LUNG MECHANICSSTEPHEN LAI FOOK; Fiscal Year: 2007..A specific objective is to develop a method to separate passive from active transport properties of pericardium and diaphragm, tissues that have both mesothelium and interstitium. ..
- Mouse model of oral infection with virulent FrancisellaWangxue Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..tularensis infection so that future hypothesis-driven studies with more focused research objectives can be designed and developed. ..
- Maximize RAS Blockade in Diabetic NephropathyTimothy Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..But the number of such trials which can be performed is limited. Short term trials, such as those described in this proposal, are urgently required to help identify treatment regimens which merit further, longer term study. ..
- Developmental Gene Regulation in Schistosoma mansoniDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..mansoni genome and studies using DNA micro arrays. Furthermore, we will validate the use of SAGE technology to study differential global gene expression in S. mansoni. ..
- HTS Inhibitors:Schistosoma Mansoni Peroxiredoxins(RMI)David Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be the first step in the development of novel antischistosome chemotherapies, which are essential for continued public health measures. ..
- Bound Solute DialysisJohn Patzer; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phased Array Ultrasound System for Cardiac AblationKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This could result in significant cost savings and lead to a cure of thousands of patients. ..
- Auditory cortex asymmetry in normals and schizophrenicsJohn Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- N-acetylcysteine pharmacokinetics--hemodialysis patientsRichard Ward; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- STRUCTURE OF VIRAL RNA AND ITS ROLE IN ASSEMBLYAlexander McPherson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research is significant because the conformation of the nucleic acid component of no virus is currently known, nor is there any comprehensive structural basis for the processes of viral assembly and disassembly. ..
- Adjuvant Therapy for Vascular Inflammation in DiabetesSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Long-term Predictors of Morbidity in Older AgeMartha Daviglus; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PP2A-Like Constitutive ERK/MAPK Phosphatase in BrainTimothy Foley; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- BioMEMS Model of Glomerular FunctionWILLIAM FISSELL; Fiscal Year: 2008..Third, HP and s will be measured for the NM-PBM membrane. Fourth, data from (1-3) will be compared with existing predictive models of glomerular function. ..
- RAPID PRODUCTION OF HOMOZYGOUS TRANSGENIC ANIMALSYann Echelard; Fiscal Year: 2003..If this approach is successful, it will cost -effectively boost transgenic productivity. ..