Genomes and Genes
Summary: A peptide which is a homopolymer of lysine.
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- Exploring polyethylenimine-mediated DNA transfection and the proton sponge hypothesisAkin Akinc
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Gene Med 7:657-63. 2005..According to the proton sponge hypothesis, the buffering capacity of PEI leads to osmotic swelling and rupture of endosomes, resulting in the release of the vector into the cytoplasm...
- Efficient gene transfer by histidylated polylysine/pDNA complexesP Midoux
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire, Glycobiologie CNRS UPR4301 and University of Orléans, rue Charles Sadron, F 45071 Orléans Cedex 02, France
Bioconjug Chem 10:406-11. 1999Plasmid/polylysine complexes, which are used to transfect mammalian cells, increase the uptake of DNA, but plasmid molecules are sequestered into vesicles where they cannot escape to reach the nuclear machinery...
- Synthetic double-stranded RNA induces innate immune responses similar to a live viral vaccine in humansMarina Caskey
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Exp Med 208:2357-66. 2011..Therefore, a chemically defined PRR agonist like poly ICLC can be a reliable and authentic microbial mimic for inducing innate immune responses in humans...
- DNA and polylysine adsorption and multilayer construction onto cationic lipid-coated microbubblesMark A Borden
Biomedical Engineering Department, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Langmuir 23:9401-8. 2007..These results suggest that the surface can be compartmentalized to make multifunctional, high-payload ultrasound contrast agents for targeted gene therapy...
- Poly-L-Lysine induces fibrosis on alginate microcapsules via the induction of cytokinesB L Strand
Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Cell Transplant 10:263-75. 2001..By combining soluble PLL and alginate both the toxic and TNF-inducing effects of PLL were reduced. The implications of these data are to use alginate microcapsules with low amounts of PLL for transplantation purposes...
- Assaying phosphatidylinositol bisphosphate regulation of potassium channelsTibor Rohacs
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Methods Enzymol 345:71-92. 2002
- Alginate-polylysine-alginate microcapsules: effect of size reduction on capsule propertiesB L Strand
Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
J Microencapsul 19:615-30. 2002Alginate-polylysine-alginate capsules containing insulin-producing cells have been used as a bio-artificial pancreas in the treatment of diabetes mellitus...
- Long-term active antimicrobial coatings for surgical sutures based on silver nanoparticles and hyperbranched polylysineChau Hon Ho
Freiburg Materials Research Center and Institute for Macromolecular Chemistry, Albert Ludwigs Universitaet Freiburg, Stefan Meier Str 21, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 24:1589-600. 2013..To this end, two water-insoluble polymeric nanocontainers based on hyperbranched polylysine (HPL), hydrophobically modified by either using glycidyl hexadecyl ether, or a mixture of stearoyl/palmitoyl ..
- Axonal outgrowth of hippocampal neurons on micro-scale networks of polylysine-conjugated lamininL Kam
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Biomaterials 22:1049-54. 2001Microcontact printing was used to define an interconnected lattice network of polylysine-conjugated laminin, a protein-polypeptide ligate that is an effective promoter of neuron outgrowth on material surfaces...
- Polylysine-induced 2H NMR-observable domains in phosphatidylserine/phosphatidylcholine lipid bilayersC M Franzin
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto at Mississauga, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6, Canada
Biophys J 81:3346-62. 2001..The intensities and quadrupolar splittings of the two spectral components were consistent with the existence of polylysine-bound domains enriched in POPS, in coexistence with polylysine-free domains depleted in POPS...
- Characterization of biophysical and metabolic properties of cells labeled with superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles and transfection agent for cellular MR imagingAli S Arbab
Experimental Neuroimaging Section, Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, Rm B1N256, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Radiology 229:838-46. 2003..To evaluate the effect of using the ferumoxides-poly-l-lysine (PLL) complex for magnetic cell labeling on the long-term viability, function, metabolism, and iron utilization of mammalian cells...
- Effect of human stem cells labeled with ferumoxides-poly-L-lysine on hematologic and biochemical measurements in ratsGene T Yocum
Experimental Neuroimaging Section, Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Radiology 235:547-52. 2005....
- Clinically applicable labeling of mammalian and stem cells by combining superparamagnetic iron oxides and transfection agentsJoseph A Frank
Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10, Rm B1N256, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1074, Bethesda, MD 20892 1074, USA
Radiology 228:480-7. 2003..To label mammalian and stem cells by combining commercially available transfection agents (TAs) with superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO) magnetic resonance (MR) imaging contrast agents...
- DNA strand exchange stimulated by spontaneous complex formation with cationic comb-type copolymerWon Jong Kim
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, and PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Midori, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 124:12676-7. 2002..CCCs stabilize not only matured hybrids but also the nucleation complex to accelerate hybridization...
- Toxicity and dose response of intra-abdominally administered poly-L-alpha-lysine and poly-L-glutamate for postoperative adhesion protectionK Isaksson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Eur Surg Res 44:17-22. 2010..This study aims to investigate the possible toxic effects and to establish a lowest effective antiadhesive dose...
- Poly(L-lysine)-modified iron oxide nanoparticles for stem cell labelingMichal Babic
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, v v i, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Heyrovsky Sq 2, 162 06 Prague 6, Czech Republic
Bioconjug Chem 19:740-50. 2008..In comparison with Endorem, nanoparticles modified with PLL of an optimum molecular weight demonstrated a higher efficiency of intracellular uptake by MSC cells...
- Thermodynamic properties underlying the alpha-helix-to-beta-sheet transition, aggregation, and amyloidogenesis of polylysine as probed by calorimetry, densimetry, and ultrasound velocimetryVytautas Smirnovas
J Phys Chem B 109:19043-5. 2005In this work, we performed a detailed thermodynamic study of an aggregation-prone polypeptide, polylysine, to gain a deeper insight into the scenario of physicochemical events during its unfolding, aggregation, and amyloidogenesis...
- Prevention of postoperative peritoneal adhesions: effects of lysozyme, polylysine and polyglutamate versus hyaluronic acidLaszlo Nehez
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1118-23. 2005..In the present study we hypothesized that a combination of polypeptides with different surface properties, resulting in fine disperse low-soluble complexes, could be of benefit in the prevention of abdominal adhesions...
- Epsilon-polylysine microparticle adjuvant drives cytokine production to Th1 profileHiroaki Wakamoto
Basic Veterinary Science, Doctoral Course of the United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, National University Corporation, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu shi 501 1193, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 69:717-23. 2007Epsilon-polylysine micro particles (SGEPL) and polyethyleneimine micro particles (SGPEI) were developed by the addition of a hydrophobic group and the immunological characterization of these micro particles and aluminum hydroxide (ALUM) ..
- Evaluations of unformulated and formulated dendrimer-based microbicide candidates in mouse and guinea pig models of genital herpesD I Bernstein
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3784-8. 2003..From these studies a lead compound and formulation (2V of SPL7013) was chosen for ongoing evaluations in primate models of simian immunodeficiency virus and Chlamydia trachomatis infection...
- Poly(L-lysine)-GRGDS as a biomimetic surface modifier for poly(lactic acid)R A Quirk
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Nottingham, University Park, UK
Biomaterials 22:865-72. 2001..Potentially, this is a flexible method of surface modification that can engineer many different types of tissue engineering scaffolds with a variety of biomolecules, thus allowing initial cell adhesion to be controlled...
- Systemic circulation of poly(L-lysine)/DNA vectors is influenced by polycation molecular weight and type of DNA: differential circulation in mice and rats and the implications for human gene therapyC M Ward
CRC Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Blood 97:2221-9. 2001..Analysis using human blood in vitro shows no hemolysis, but both types of complexes fix complement and bind IgG, suggesting that pLL/DNA complexes may be rapidly cleared from the human circulation...
- Novel treatment in peritoneal adhesion prevention: protection by polypeptidesLaszlo Nehez
Department of Surgery, Center of Chemistry and Clinical Engineering, Lund University, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:1110-7. 2006..To evaluate a novel antiadhesive polypeptide complex containing a combination of poly-L-glutamate and poly-L-lysine in order to study its effectiveness and mechanisms in the prevention of postoperative abdominal adhesions in mice...
- Coating of negatively charged liposomes by polylysine: drug release studyDmitry Volodkin
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 595, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, 11 rue Humann, 67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Control Release 117:111-20. 2007..Moreover, PLL does not prevent lipid exchange between vesicles induced by temperature change...
- Polylysine-coated diamond nanocrystals for MALDI-TOF mass analysis of DNA oligonucleotidesXianglei Kong
Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica, P O Box 23 166, Taipei, Taiwan 106
Anal Chem 77:4273-7. 2005..No preseparation of PL or diamond nanocrystals is required for subsequent MALDI-TOF mass analysis...
- Differently charged polypeptides in the prevention of post-surgical peritoneal adhesionsLaszlo Nehez
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:519-23. 2007....
- Capping methotrexate α-carboxyl groups enhances systemic exposure and retains the cytotoxicity of drug conjugated PEGylated polylysine dendrimersLisa M Kaminskas
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Mol Pharm 8:338-49. 2011A generation 5 PEGylated (PEG 1100) polylysine dendrimer, conjugated via a stable amide linker to OtBu protected methotrexate (MTX), was previously shown to have a circulatory half-life of 2 days and to target solid tumors in both rats ..
- Both the C-terminal polylysine region and the farnesylation of K-RasB are important for its specific interaction with calmodulinLing Jia Wu
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21929. 2011..However, the mechanism for the interaction of CaM with K-RasB is not well understood...
- Structure of modified ε-polylysine micelles and their application in improving cellular antioxidant activity of curcuminoidsHailong Yu
Department of Food Science, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 65 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Food Funct 2:373-80. 2011The micelle structure of octenyl succinic anhydride modified ε-polylysine (M-EPL), an anti-microbial surfactant prepared from natural peptide ε-polylysine in aqueous solution has been studied using synchrotron small-angle X-ray ..
- Differential modulation of the active site environment of human carbonic anhydrase XII by cationic quantum dots and polylysineSumathra Manokaran
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:1376-84. 2010..site pocket of human carbonic anhydrase XII (hCA XII), both positively charged CdTe quantum dots (Qds(+)) and polylysine electrostatically interact with the enzyme, and such interaction does not influence the catalytic activity of ..
- Understanding the effect of polylysine architecture on DNA binding using molecular dynamics simulationsRobert M Elder
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado 80309, United States
Biomacromolecules 12:3870-9. 2011..These trends agree with experimental results that show higher transfection efficiency for Poly3 and Poly4 grafted oligolysines than for Poly5, Poly2, and linear PLL...
- Phytoglycogen octenyl succinate, an amphiphilic carbohydrate nanoparticle, and epsilon-polylysine to improve lipid oxidative stability of emulsionsSiqi L Scheffler
The Department of Food Science, Purdue University, 745 Agriculture Mall Drive, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1160, USA
J Agric Food Chem 58:660-7. 2010Phytoglycogen octenyl succinate (PG-OS) and epsilon-polylysine (EPL) were used to form oil-in-water emulsions with enhanced lipid oxidative stability...
- Novel biodegradable powder for preventing postoperative pleural adhesionKatsunori Takagi
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Sakamoto 1 7 1, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
J Surg Res 179:e13-9. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the anti-adhesive effects of commercially available anti-adhesive agents and a newly developed powder-type anti-adhesive agent...
- Polylysine induces an antiparallel actin dimer that nucleates filament assembly: crystal structure at 3.5-A resolutionMichael R Bubb
Research Service, Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32608, USA
J Biol Chem 277:20999-1006. 2002..We now show that latrunculin A, a marine natural product that inhibits actin polymerization, arrests polylysine-induced nucleation at the level of an antiparallel dimer, resulting in its accumulation...
- DNA delivery with hyperbranched polylysine: a comparative study with linear and dendritic polylysineZuzana Kadlecova
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Institut des Matériaux et Institut des Sciences et Ingénierie Chimiques, Laboratoire des Polymères, Bâtiment MXD, Station 12, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Control Release 169:276-88. 2013PEI and polylysine are among the most investigated synthetic polymeric carriers for DNA delivery...
- Interaction and transport of poly(L-lysine) dendrigrafts through liposomal and cellular membranes: the role of generation and surface functionalizationIoannis Tsogas
Institute of Physical Chemistry, NCSR Demokritos, 15310 Aghia Paraskevi, Attiki, Greece
Biomacromolecules 8:3263-70. 2007..The efficiency of dendrigraft internalization was enhanced by the presence of the guanidinium groups, while DGLs were preferentially localized in the nucleus and nuclear membrane, as revealed by fluorescence microscopy...
- The impact of DNA topology on polyplex uptake and transfection efficiency in mammalian cellsArjun Dhanoya
The Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, London, UK
J Biotechnol 155:377-86. 2011..6%. Collectively these findings emphasize the importance of pDNA topology when complexed with PLL for gene delivery with the SC-form being a key pre-requisite...
- Protease-mediated phototoxicity of a polylysine-chlorin(E6) conjugateYongdoo Choi
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Room 5406, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
ChemMedChem 1:698-701. 2006
- PEG grafted polylysine with fusogenic peptide for gene delivery: high transfection efficiency with low cytotoxicityHaeshin Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, 305 701, Taejon, South Korea
J Control Release 79:283-91. 2002..This suggests that maintaining the size of DNA/polymer complexes after KALA coating plays an important role in gene transfection. KALA/DNA/PEG-g-PLL complexes exhibited lower cytotoxicity compared with other polymer/DNA complexes...
- Inhibition of epsilon-poly-L-lysine biosynthesis in Streptomycetaceae bacteria by short-chain polyolsMasanobu Nishikawa
Research Institute for Biological Sciences Okayama RIBS Okayama, 7549 1 Kibichuo cho, Okayama 716 1241, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:2306-12. 2006..Taken together, these results indicate that ePL synthesis is inhibited by polyols via esterification and that ePL elongation occurs via the incorporation of lysine monomers into the carboxyl terminus of ePL...
- Conformation and assembly of polypeptide scaffolds in templating the synthesis of silica: an example of a polylysine macromolecular "switch"Siddharth V Patwardhan
Department of Chemical and Material Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221 0012, USA
Biomacromolecules 7:491-7. 2006..hexagonal plates was suggested, via circular dichroic spectroscopy (CD), to result from the assembly of helical polylysine molecules. We confirm that the formation of PLL helices is a prerequisite to the hexagonal silica synthesis...
- Biodegradability of synthetic branched polypeptide with poly(L-lysine) backboneF Hudecz
, , Budapest
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 370:1019-26. 1989..The degradation is significantly retarded as compared to that of alpha- or epsilon-polylysine. A mechanism of degradation is suggested based on the experimental results.
- Targeted imaging of activated caspase-3 in the central nervous system by a dual functional nano-deviceYang Liu
Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery, Ministry of Education and PLA, Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, 826 Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, PR China
J Control Release 163:203-10. 2012..Taken together, our nano-device would help to image activated caspase-3 in vivo and hold great promise in early diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Chain-length dependence of alpha-helix to beta-sheet transition in polylysine: model of protein aggregation studied by temperature-tuned FTIR spectroscopyWojciech Dzwolak
High Pressure Research Center, Polish Academy of Sciences, Sokolowska 29 37, 01 142 Warsaw, Poland
Biopolymers 73:463-9. 2004..Namely, the chains are arranged in an antiparallel manner because of energetically favored antiparallel pre-assembly of dipolar alpha helices...
- Cationic antimicrobial (ε-polylysine)-anionic polysaccharide (pectin) interactions: influence of polymer charge on physical stability and antimicrobial efficacyYuhua Chang
Department of Food Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, United States
J Agric Food Chem 60:1837-44. 2012The cationic biopolymer ε-polylysine (ε-PL) is a potent food-grade antimicrobial that is highly effective against a range of food pathogens and spoilage organisms...
- Gene transfer into human hepatoma cells by receptor-associated protein/polylysine conjugatesTae Gyun Kim
Department of Pharmacology, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Korea Food and Drug Administration, Seoul 122 704, Republic of Korea
Bioconjug Chem 15:326-32. 2004..reamplified by using a primer containing a cysteine codon at its carboxyl end to facilitate its conjugation to polylysine (polyK)...
- Kinetically different populations of O-pyromellityl-gramicidin channels induced by poly-L-lysines in lipid bilayersA V Krylov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology and Department of Polymer Sciences, School of Chemistry, Moscow State University, Moscow 119899, Russia
J Membr Biol 189:119-30. 2002..As found in our previous work, the interaction of polylysine with OPg led to the deceleration of the OPg photoinactivation kinetics, i.e...
- Pegylation of a chlorin(e6) polymer conjugate increases tumor targeting of photosensitizerM R Hamblin
Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 61:7155-62. 2001..Taken together, these results suggest that pegylation of a polymer-photosensitizer conjugate improves tumor-targeting and may increase the efficacy of photodynamic therapy for ovarian cancer...
- Novel high-resolution micropatterning for neuron culture using polylysine adsorption on a cell repellant, plasma-polymerized backgroundWesley C Chang
Department of Ophthalmology and Phsiology, Neuroscience and Bioengineering Programs, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Langmuir 24:13048-57. 2008..this process exploits the often-overlooked tendency for the surface of this PEO-like material to adsorb polylysine from aqueous solution while remaining nonfouling with respect to other species, such as bovine serum albumin (..
- Nuclear entry of hyperbranched polylysine nanoparticles into cochlear cellsWeikai Zhang
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tampere, Medical School, Finland
Int J Nanomedicine 6:535-46. 2011..This study aimed to investigate the potential nuclear entry of hyperbranched polylysine nanoparticles (HPNPs) for gene delivery to cochlear targets.
- Improvement of the biocompatibility of alginate/poly-L-lysine/alginate microcapsules by the use of epimerized alginate as a coatingAileen King
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Box 571, Biomedical Centre, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biomed Mater Res A 64:533-9. 2003..In conclusion, the use of an epimerized coating on alginate-PLL-alginate can improve the biocompatibility of such capsules but still cannot completely eliminate the detrimental effects of PLL on the biocompatibility of the capsules...
- Reconfiguring polylysine architectures for controlling polyplex binding and non-viral transfectionSangram S Parelkar
Polymer Science and Engineering Department, University of Massachusetts, 120 Governors Drive, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Biomaterials 32:2432-44. 2011..We find that reconfiguring polylysine into short oligolysine grafts, strung from a hydrophobic polymer backbone, gives transfection reagents greatly ..
- Oligonucleotide probes containing polylysine residues for fabrication of DNA chips on various solid surfacesAsya Levina
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, Novosibirsk, Russia
Biotechnol J 2:879-85. 2007..technique for DNA chips preparation on various unmodified surfaces using one type of oligonucleotide derivative, polylysine-oligonucleotide conjugates (PL-oligo)...
- Evaluation on the use of reactive dye-modified polylysine as the biomarker in immunochromatographic test applicationWei Feng Chang
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Anal Biochem 411:236-40. 2011An improved dye immunochromatographic test (DICT) using polylysine (PL) as conjugate spacer loading dye molecules to enhance chromophor color intensity with the potential of a simultaneous multicolored assay has been developed...
- The natural antimicrobial peptide subtilosin acts synergistically with glycerol monolaurate, lauric arginate, and ε-poly-L-lysine against bacterial vaginosis-associated pathogens but not human lactobacilliKatia Sutyak Noll
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1756-61. 2012..This is the first report on the effects of subtilosin combined with other natural antimicrobials against G. vaginalis...
- On the kinetics of polyplex endocytic trafficking: implications for gene delivery vector designM Laird Forrest
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Mol Ther 6:57-66. 2002..Additionally, PEI does not appear to buffer endocytic compartments, but requires exposure to an acidic environment for efficient gene delivery...
- Evaluation of dendrimer SPL7013, a lead microbicide candidate against herpes simplex virusesEdwin Gong
Viridae Clinical Sciences Inc, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Antiviral Res 68:139-46. 2005..The 50% cytotoxic concentrations (CC(50)) in all cases were greater than 10,000 microg/ml. Our data indicate that SPL7013 is a promising candidate for development as a vaginal microbicide and a therapeutic agent...
- Dendritic alpha,epsilon-poly(L-lysine)s as delivery agents for antisense oligonucleotidesKhee Dong Eom
Nanormics Inc, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul, 136 130, South Korea
Pharm Res 24:1581-9. 2007..To evaluate the potential use of dendritic alpha,epsilon-poly(L-lysine)s (DPL) for the efficient cellular delivery of antisense oligonucleotides...
- Changes in the amide I FT-IR bands of poly-L-lysine on spray-drying from alpha-helix, beta-sheet or random coil conformationsAlexander Mauerer
Department of Pharmaceutics, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 62:131-42. 2006..The efficacy of the trehalose could be related to the ability of newly-formed trehalose/PLS intermolecular H-bonds to stabilize the intramolecular H-bonds of the secondary structural elements...
- Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of SPL7013 gel (VivaGel): a dose ranging, phase I studyJohn O'Loughlin
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Sex Transm Dis 37:100-4. 2010..To evaluate safety, tolerability and systemic pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of SPL7013 Gel in healthy women...
- Microbial synthesis of poly(epsilon-lysine) and its various applicationsIng Lung Shih
Department of Environmental Engineering, Da Yeh University, 112 Shan Jiau Road, Chang Hwa 51505, Taiwan
Bioresour Technol 97:1148-59. 2006....
- Preparation of catalytically active, covalent α-polylysine-enzyme conjugates via UV/vis-quantifiable bis-aryl hydrazone bond formationAndrea Grotzky
Department of Materials, ETH Zürich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, CH 8093 Zürich, Switzerland
Biomacromolecules 12:134-44. 2011..Thus, not only a mild and efficient preparation and convenient quantification of a conjugate between the polycationic α-polylysine and enzymes could be shown, but also the complete preservation of the enzymatic activity.
- epsilon-Poly-L-lysine: microbial production, biodegradation and application potentialT Yoshida
Department of Biomolecular Science, Gifu University, Yanagido 1 1, 501 1193 Gifu, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 62:21-6. 2003..epsilon-PL producers commonly possess membrane-bound epsilon-PL-degrading aminopeptidase, which might play a role in self-protection...
- Determination of dendrigraft poly-L-lysine diffusion coefficients by taylor dispersion analysisHerve Cottet
Institut des Biomolecules Max Mousseron IBMM, UMR 5247 CNRS Universite de Montpellier 1 Universite de Montpellier 2, place Eugène Bataillon CC 017, 34095, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Biomacromolecules 8:3235-43. 2007....
- Enhancement of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication is not intrinsic to all polyanion-based microbicidesSecondo Sonza
Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3565-8. 2009..The enhancement effect is likely to be a function of the assay conditions and is not an intrinsic property of these polyanions...
- VivaGel (SPL7013 Gel): a candidate dendrimer--microbicide for the prevention of HIV and HSV infectionRichard Rupp
Sealy Center for Vaccine Development and Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1119, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 2:561-6. 2007..VivaGel appears to be well tolerated in both animals and humans. This review summarizes the studies of VivaGel and its active ingredient, SPL7013...
- PEGylation of polylysine dendrimers improves absorption and lymphatic targeting following SC administration in ratsLisa M Kaminskas
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University Parkville Campus 381 Royal Pde, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
J Control Release 140:108-16. 2009b>Polylysine dendrimers have potential as highly flexible, biodegradable nanoparticular carriers that may also promote lymphatic transport...
- A randomized controlled trial of the safety of candidate microbicide SPL7013 gel when applied to the penisMarcus Y Chen
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, The Alfred Hospital, and School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 50:375-80. 2009..To determine the safety of the candidate vaginal microbicide SPL7013 gel (VivaGel) when applied to the penis...
- Potential novel drug carriers for inner ear treatment: hyperbranched polylysine and lipid nanocapsulesVerena Scheper
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical University Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nanomedicine (Lond) 4:623-35. 2009Treatment of sensorineural hearing loss could be advanced using novel drug carriers such as hyperbranched polylysine (HBPL) or lipid nanocapsules (LNCs)...
- A modified microstamping technique enhances polylysine transfer and neuronal cell patterningJohn C Chang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 405 N Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Biomaterials 24:2863-70. 2003..Therefore, we hypothesized that stamp surface modification (termed here a release layer) can enhance polylysine transfer and benefit cell growth on microstamped substrates...
- Synthesis, characterization and transfection of a novel folate-targeted multipolymeric nanoparticles for gene deliveryYu Nie
National Engineering Research Center in Biomaterials, Sichuan University, No 29, Wangjiang Road, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041, People s Republic of China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 20:1849-57. 2009..Fluorescein sodium and polylysine-condensed DNA (PD) were encapsulated in both PELGA nanoparticles (PELGA-NPs) and folate modified nanoparticles (..
- A multi-institution phase II study of poly-ICLC and radiotherapy with concurrent and adjuvant temozolomide in adults with newly diagnosed glioblastomaMyrna R Rosenfeld
Department of Neurology, 3 W Gates, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:1071-7. 2010..Survival data at 12 and 18 months suggest that this may improve the efficacy of chemoradiation and adjuvant TMZ in this patient population...
- Polylysine and polyornithine gene transfer complexes: a study of complex stability and cellular uptake as a basis for their differential in-vitro transfection efficiencyE Ramsay
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, UK
J Drug Target 10:1-9. 2002..plasmid DNA (pDNA) have demonstrated superior transfection efficiency (up to x 10-fold) compared to equivalent polylysine-based systems in-vitro. The mechanism(s) underlying this observation remains to be elucidated...
- Physicochemical properties and antimicrobial efficacy of electrostatic complexes based on cationic ε-polylysine and anionic pectinYuhua Chang
Department of Food Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Agric Food Chem 59:6776-82. 2011b>Polylysine (ε-PL) is a food-grade cationic antimicrobial that is highly effective against a wide range of food pathogens and spoilage organisms...
- Characterization of interpolyelectrolyte complexes between double-stranded DNA and polylysine comb-type copolymers having hydrophilic side chainsA Maruyama
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Faculty of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Midori, Yokohama, Japan
Bioconjug Chem 9:292-9. 1998....
- Polylysine-coated mica can be used to observe systematic changes in the supercoiled DNA conformation by scanning force microscopy in solutionMalte Bussiek
German Cancer Research Center, Department of Biophysics of Macromolecules, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e137. 2003The conformations of supercoiled (sc) DNA and linear DNA bound to polylysine (PL)-coated mica were investigated by scanning force microscopy (SFM) in solution...
- Polylysine-modified PEG-based hydrogels to enhance the neuro-electrode interfaceShreyas S Rao
William G Lowrie Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, 140 W 19th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 22:611-25. 2011..In particular, polylysine-modified PEG-based hydrogels were synthesized, characterized and shown to promote neural adhesion using a PC12 ..
- Mechanistic differences in DNA nanoparticle formation in the presence of oligolysines and poly-L-lysineIrina Nayvelt
Department of Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Biomacromolecules 8:477-84. 2007..The DNA melting temperature increased with oligolysine concentration. These results indicate distinct differences in the mechanism(s) by which oligolysines and PLL provoke DNA condensation to nanoparticles...
- Polylysine-functionalised thermoresponsive chitosan hydrogel for neural tissue engineeringK E Crompton
School of Physics, Department of Materials Engineering, Monash University, Wellington Rd, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Biomaterials 28:441-9. 2007..The results show that thermally responsive chitosan/GP hydrogels provide a suitable 3D scaffolding environment for neural tissue engineering...
- Spectroscopic investigation of cationic comb-type copolymers/DNA interaction: interpolyelectrolyte complex enhancement synchronized with DNA hybridizationYuichi Sato
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology PRESTO and Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 4 1 8 Honcho, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
Langmuir 23:65-9. 2007..The IPEC formation of CCCs with DNA, however, seems highly sensitive to the coil-helix transition of the DNA...
- Intracytoplasmic tagging of cells with ferumoxides and transfection agent for cellular magnetic resonance imaging after cell transplantation: methods and techniquesAli S Arbab
Experimental Neuroimaging Section, Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transplantation 76:1123-30. 2003..The purpose of this study is to present protocols using SPIO and a polycationic transfection agent for magnetic labeling of cells as a basis for cellular MRI...
- C2B polylysine motif of synaptotagmin facilitates a Ca2+-independent stage of synaptic vesicle priming in vivoCarin A Loewen
Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Neuroscience Program, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:5211-26. 2006..I, a synaptic vesicle protein required for efficient synaptic transmission, contains a highly conserved polylysine motif necessary for function...
- Preclinical safety and efficacy assessments of dendrimer-based (SPL7013) microbicide gel formulations in a nonhuman primate modelD L Patton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Box 356460, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6460, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1696-700. 2006..However, a single intravaginal application of the 3% (wt/wt) SPL7013 gel did not provide protection from the acquisition of cervical chlamydial infection...
- Cell surface nucleolin serves as receptor for DNA nanoparticles composed of pegylated polylysine and DNAXuguang Chen
Department of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Mol Ther 16:333-42. 2008..Therefore, the data strongly suggest that cell surface nucleolin serves as a receptor for DNA nanoparticles, and that nucleolin is essential for internalization and/or transport of the nanoparticles from cell surface to the nucleus...
- Long-term maintenance of patterns of hippocampal pyramidal cells on substrates of polyethylene glycol and microstamped polylysineD W Branch
Biophysics Program, Beckman Institute, Urbana, IL, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 47:290-300. 2000..We conclude that these materials, especially PEG, are adequate for the maintenance of long-term patterned cultures of neurons. We believe that this is the first report of high-quality long-term patterning of cultured neurons...
- Alginate-PLL microencapsulation: effect on the differentiation of embryonic stem cells into hepatocytesTim Maguire
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 93:581-91. 2006..This system may ultimately assist in developing scalable stem cell differentiation strategies...
- Investigation of a new microcapsule membrane combining alginate, chitosan, polyethylene glycol and poly-L-lysine for cell transplantation applicationsT Haque
Biomedical Technology and Cell Therapy Research Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Artif Organs 28:631-7. 2005..The study demonstrated that the new membrane can be used for cell entrapment. However, further investigations are needed to assess its potential for long term transplantation and usage in the development of bioartificial organs...
- Comparison of transfection agents in forming complexes with ferumoxides, cell labeling efficiency, and cellular viabilityAli Syed Arbab
Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Imaging 3:24-32. 2004..Concentrations of 25 to 50 microg/mL of FEs complexed to TAs in media resulted in sufficient endocytosis of the SPIO into endosomes to detect cells on cellular magnetic resonance imaging...
- The effect of backbone structure on polycation comb-type copolymer/DNA interactions and the molecular assembly of DNAYu Ichi Sato
PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 4 1 8 Honcho, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
Biomaterials 26:703-11. 2005..The study suggested that tailor-made design of "functional polycounterion" is a strategy to engineer molecular assembling of DNA...
- SPL7013 gel as a topical microbicide for prevention of vaginal transmission of SHIV89.6P in macaquesYong Hou Jiang
Washington National Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 21:207-13. 2005..These results suggest that SPL7013 gel may be a promising anti-HIV microbicide formulation for further evaluation...
- In vitro study of alginate-chitosan microcapsules: an alternative to liver cell transplants for the treatment of liver failureTasima Haque
Biomedical Technology and Cell Therapy Research Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Organs Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Biotechnol Lett 27:317-22. 2005..The AC microcapsule has several advantages compared to more widely used alginate-poly-L-lysine (APA) microcapsules for the application of cell therapy...
- Inhibition of lipases by epsilon-polylysineTakahiro Tsujita
Central Research Laboratory, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
J Lipid Res 44:2278-86. 2003Oral administration of epsilon-polylysine to rats reduced the peak plasma triacylglycerol concentration...
- Double genetic modification of adenovirus fiber with RGD polylysine motifs significantly enhances gene transfer to isolated human pancreatic isletsJuan L Contreras
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Transplantation 76:252-61. 2003..Because the arginine-glycine-aspartame (RGD) and polylysine (pK7) motifs have been shown to enhance Ad5 infection through an Ad5 receptor-independent pathway, we ..
- Double modification of adenovirus fiber with RGD and polylysine motifs improves coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor-independent gene transfer efficiencyHongju Wu
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, Gene Therapy Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2172, USA
Hum Gene Ther 13:1647-53. 2002..Two motifs, RGD and polylysine (pK7), have been shown to enhance Ad5 infection via CAR-independent pathways when incorporated into fiber ..
- Glycerol and polylysine synergize in their ability to rupture vesicular membranes: a mechanism for increased transferrin-polylysine-mediated gene transferW Zauner
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Vienna, Austria
Exp Cell Res 232:137-45. 1997The presence of about 1.2 M glycerol during transfection with DNA/transferrin-polylysine and DNA/polylysine complexes dramatically increases transgene expression in a variety of cell types, provided that the complexes have an excess of ..
- Microencapsulation of cells producing therapeutic proteins: optimizing cell growth and secretionAnne Mari Rokstad
Institute of Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Cell Transplant 11:313-24. 2002....
- Dehydration-induced conformational changes of poly-L-lysine as influenced by drying rate and carbohydratesW F Wolkers
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Wageningen Agricultural University, Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1425:127-36. 1998..We conclude that either immobilization by fast air-drying or sufficient interaction with a protectant through hydrogen bonding (slow drying) plays the leading role in the preservation of the aqueous protein structure...
- Use of ADME studies to confirm the safety of epsilon-polylysine as a preservative in foodJun Hiraki
Chisso Corporation, Yokohama, Japan
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 37:328-40. 2003Epsilon-polylysine is a homopolymer of L-lysine, containing approximately 30 L-lysine subunits, as synthesized in aerobic bacterial fermentation by Streptomyces albulus...
- Oral uptake and translocation of a polylysine dendrimer with a lipid surfaceA T Florence
Centre for Drug Delivery Research, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39, Brunswick Square, London, UK
J Control Release 65:253-9. 2000..These levels of uptake and translocation are lower than those exhibited by polystyrene particles in the range from 50 to 3000 nm. This might suggest that there is an optimum size for nanoparticulate uptake by the gut...
- Intracellular processing and stability of DNA complexed with histidylated polylysine conjugatesChristine Goncalves
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire, CNRS UPR4301, rue Charles Sadron, 45071 Orleans Cedex 02, France
J Gene Med 4:271-81. 2002..The present work has been undertaken in two steps to study the uptake and the intracellular processing of pDNA, which are still poorly understood in the polyfection pathway...
- Laterally stabilized complexes of DNA with linear reducible polycations: strategy for triggered intracellular activation of DNA delivery vectorsDavid Oupicky
CRC Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Am Chem Soc 124:8-9. 2002....
- TRANSPORT MECHANISMS IN CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMJorge Fischbarg; Fiscal Year: 2004..of the coupling ratio after junctional modification by agents including cadmium chloride, protamine, and polylysine. 2) To confirm and characterize novel routes for trans-endothelial membrane movements of ions which would ..
- PHSCN Therapies to Prevent Prostate Cancer ProgressionDONNA LUCY LIVANT; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently developed a more potent derivative of PHSCN: the PHSCN-polylysine dendrimer...
- MECHANISM OF PC12 CELL ADHESION TO COLLAGEN AND LAMININDavid Turner; Fiscal Year: 1991..is inhibited at low temperature or in the presence of azide, whereas passive attachment to substrata coated with polylysine or wheat germ agglutinin occurs in the absence of divalent cations, at low temperature, and in the presence of ..
- Role of integrins and activin in granulosa cell growthKutluk Oktay; Fiscal Year: 2007..In pursuit of these specific aims, SIGC will be cultured on polylysine, fibronectin, laminin or collagen in the presence or absence of Activin- A...
- Mucosal Vaccines for PlagueDavid Pascual; Fiscal Year: 2006..DNA delivery system, whereby the vaccinating DNA plasmid will be complexed to reovirus protein (1coupled to polylysine and will be administered via intranasal (i.n.) or intratracheal (i.t.) routes...
- NOVEL NONVIRAL VECTORS FOR GENE TRANSFERThomas Scanlin; Fiscal Year: 2000..Lactosylated polylysine, with enhancing agents, gives 90 percent efficiency of transfection in CF cells, similar to that achieved by ..
- ELA COOPERATIVE ONCOGENE PRODUCTS IN HUMAN TUMOR CELLSJOHN RUPPERT; Fiscal Year: 1999..In this proposal the investigators describe a method for efficient, stable transfection that uses adenovirus-polylysine conjugates as a transfection reagent...
- PATTERNED NEURONAL NETWORKSBruce Wheeler; Fiscal Year: 1991..Two array/patterning systems will be investigated: 1. polyimide insulation with a neural substrate of polylysine selectively ablated by laser; 2...
- EXTRACELLULAR MODULATION OF UROTHELIAL PERMEABILITYSimon Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2000..studies have established that cationic proteins (proteins with a net positive charge such as protamine and polylysine) can compromise the barrier function of the mammalian urinary bladder...
- LARGE DELETION ADENOVIRAL VECTORS FOR CYSTIC FIBROSISWANDA O NEAL; Fiscal Year: 1999..In addition, helper virus with a fiber gene modified to contain polylysine residues will be made and will be used to propagate the vectors...
- POLYCHELATING AGENT INCORPORATION LIPOSOMES & MICELLESJohn Babich; Fiscal Year: 1999..A new molecule represents low-molecular- weight DTPA-polylysine linked via its N-terminus to a lipid anchor, NGPE-PE (DTPA-PLL-PE)...
- CELL-POLYMER IMPLANT USING A RODENT BETA-CELL LINEShelley Weinstock; Fiscal Year: 1993..Polymers may be coated with collagen, gelatin, fibronectin, laminin, or polylysine to enhance adhesion...
- Alveolar Bone Regeneration by Transcriptional ControlJeffrey Hollinger; Fiscal Year: 2006..will be delivered to bone using an injectable, biodegradable, biocompatible hydrogel of hyaluronate (HA) and polylysine (PL). The overall hypothesis for this application is that controlled, predictable delivery ofp...
- RBC MEMBRANE ADHESION AND DEFORMATION ENERGIESEvan Evans; Fiscal Year: 1980..mediated by a variety of agents: fibrinogen, dextran, small charged liposomes (simulating "virus-like" bodies), polylysine, and lectins (e.g., conconavalin A)...
- RBC MEMBRANE MATERIAL CHARACTERISTICSEvan Evans; Fiscal Year: 1980..mediated by a variety of agents: fibrinogen, dextran, small charged liposomes (simulating "virus-like" bodies), polylysine, and lectins (e.g., conconavalin A)...
- Engineered Outer Membrane Vesicles as DNA Vaccine Delivery VehiclesDavid Putnam; Fiscal Year: 2007..by non- specific endocytosis or phagocytosis, the surface of the OMVs will be engineered to possess sequences of polylysine to create OMVs with positive zeta potentials...
- CONTROLLED RELEASE OF MACROMOLECULESRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2007..characterization of DNA delivery polymers such as modified poly(ethylene imines), poly(beta-amino esters), and polylysine graft imidizole acetic acids...
- HIGH-THROUGHPUT MICROARRAY-BASED MICRODIALYSIS (FAST-MD) WITH PARALLEL MEASUREMENLili Kudo; Fiscal Year: 2009..existing microdialysis approach, samples will be continuously deposited using a robotic arm on the surface of a polylysine coated glass slide that creates a microarray...
- REGULATION OF CORONARY ARTERIAL SMOOTH MUSCLEJOSEPH DISALVO; Fiscal Year: 1990..and an appropriate concentration of cationic effector, such as naturally occurring histone-H1 or synthetic polylysine, alters substrate specificity such that dephosphorylation of myosin is markedly enhanced, whereas ..
- COUNTER ION CONDENSATION AND THE ELECTROSTATIC POTENTIALGERALD MANNING; Fiscal Year: 2001..the aims of understanding experimentally observed formation of clusters of identically changed polyions, such as polylysine, DNA and synthetic charged polymers; and to apply the potential in the description of the elasticity driven ..
- TARGETING TO NORMAL HEPATOCYTESGeorge Wu; Fiscal Year: 1990..of targeted rescue: 1) increased delivery of rescue agents to normal hepatocytes using asialoglycoprotein-polylysine carrier molecules to increase the amount of antagonists capable of being coupled to the carrier molecule 2) ..
- Upright Light Microscope WorkstationUlrich Hopfer; Fiscal Year: 2006..of receptor trafficking and signaling (renal proximal tubule cells); the intracellular fate of condensed polylysine/DNA complexes used for gene therapy (pulmonary epithelia); spatial regulation of EOF receptor signaling from ..
- Mutational Analysis of Synaptotagmin Function In VivoNOREEN REIST; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) Do the C2A and C2B polylysine motifs mediate independent functions? By mutating both motifs simultaneously, we will determine whether these ..
- MODULATION OF C-MYC EXPRESSION BY TRIPLEX FORMATIONDonald Miller; Fiscal Year: 2000..4. To develop adenovirus/polylysine and liposome systems to enhance nuclear delivery of c-myc targeted oligonucleotide in animal systems. 5...
- Macrophage Targeted Photodynamic TherapyMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Ultraviolet-C Therapy for OnychomycosisMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Assessment of Lung function in MiceJason Bates; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Vaccination With Peptide-loaded alphaDC1s For Malignant GliomasHideho Okada; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information from this pilot study will establish a basis to design subsequent trials with patient populations in which more significant clinical benefit might be realized. ..
- MECHANICS OF ACUTE LUNG INJURYJason Bates; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of our studies are expected to lead to the design of physiologically-based lung recruitment strategies that can be tailored to the individual patient with ALI. This will set the stage for future clinical trials. ..
- Bioengineering A Bioartificial PancreasEmmanuel C Opara; Fiscal Year: 2010..The purpose of this project is to develop a viable strategy to overcome these two barriers and make islet transplantation a more appealing and widely used treatment option for diabetic patients. ..
- Polymer Carrier for Ischemia-Inducible Gene TherapyDavid Bull; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Primate Models of AutismMELISSA DAWN contact BAUMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cytomegalovirus in the BrainAnthony N van den Pol; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will help us understand the mechanisms associated with CMV-induced neurological dysfunction, and how to combat the virus within the brain with minimal complications. ..
- Hypocretin NeuronsAnthony N van den Pol; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the role of the endogenous opioid in hypocretin cells should also facilitate the understanding and treatment of narcolepsy. ..
- Photodynamic Therapy for Endodontic DisinfectionNIKOLAOS SOUKOS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Photodynamic therapy may be an adjunctive procedure to kill residual root canal bacteria after their sensitization with a photoactive drug and their subsequent exposure to light. ..
- NABTT-Consortium Therapeutic Studies of CNS MalignanciesStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Transport of TNFalpha across the BBBWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These transporters could be novel drug targets and therefore provide promising therapeutic potential. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Natural History of CIN2 in AdolescentsAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. and specifically assess how best to modify cytology-based screening, utilize HPV diagnostics, and tailor aoDrooriate follow-uo strategies for adolescents and vouna women diaanosed with CIN 2 ..
- Predictors of HIV Risk Behavior Among Men in ArgentinaAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is a fundamental step prior to designing programs that mitigate those factors and result in decreased risk. ..
- Improved Macaque Safety Model for Topical Microbicides: Post-coital AssessmentsDorothy Patton; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, we will collect parallel assessments, when mating has occurred with a placebo gel (HEC universal placebo) in place. These studies will provide urgently needed data regarding topical microbicide use with coital activity. ..
- MR-Guided Delivery and Monitoring of Magnetocapsules Immunoprotecting Islet CellsJEFF BULTE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transcription Factor Reporter TechnologyAlexei Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Controlling DNA Condensation In VitroNicholas Hud; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dr. Hud's results will have direct implications on the feasibility of using static DNA structures in the development of nonviral gene delivery systems. ..
- NATURAL HISTORY OF HPV--INFECTION TO NEOPLASIAAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The understanding of both local and systemic immune responses to initial and subsequent HPV infections may be key in vaccine or therapeutic developments. ..
- MR IMAGING OF MYOCARDIAL VIABILITY AFTER ISCHEMIC INSULTDara Kraitchman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- EFFECTS OF ALGINATE COMPOSITION ON ENCAPSULATED CELLSIoannis Constantinidis; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, the proposed NMR experiments will enhance our understanding of the capabilities of NMR to monitor a tissue-engineered construct in vitro and in vivo. ..
- INTEGRIN DEPENDENCE OF MUSCARINIC RECEPTOR SIGNALINGBARBARA SLACK; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Chimeric Yellow Fever/West Nile Virus:Candidate VaccineRafi Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- LOCAL IMMUNE RESPONSE IN CHLAMYDIA SALPINGITISDorothy Patton; Fiscal Year: 2003..trachomatis- induced PID. If one chlamydial antigen is the major cause of the DTH response in PID, diagnostic or immunomodulatory efforts can be directed towards that antigen. ..
- The Glycocalyx and Endothelial Barrier RegulationRANDAL DULL; Fiscal Year: 2005..This K08 will provide the foundation for a research career dedicated to understanding the molecular mechanisms of endothelial barrier regulation. ..
- Poly-ICLC Prophylaxis Treatment of Ebola Virus InfectionAndres Salazar; Fiscal Year: 2005..C) To develop GMP manufacturing methods for Poly-ICLC, in compliance with specific FDA guidance. ..
- Age-Dependent Response of Hippocampal Neurons to StressGregory Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Therapy, Neural Grafts & Parkinson's DiseaseDAVID YUREK; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will also determine if combinations of viral vectors expressing different neurotrophic factors can be used to improve the therapeutic effects of dopamine grafts. ..
- Topical Microbicide AcceptabilityAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Adenoviral vectors to target cellsPatricia Yotnda; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of this study we will have in place an approach that could be implemented to allow truly targeted delivery of therapeutic vectors to disseminated malignancies. ..
- Novel PEG-Dendrimeric Contrast Agents for Cancer ImagingYanjun Fu; Fiscal Year: 2006..from 60 possibilities) initiated from a homogeneously-sized polyethyleneglycol (PEG) core having dendritic polylysine "amplifiers" at both termini, to which amplifiers will be bound multiple highly-stable gadolinium (Gd)-based ..
- HIGH DENSITY MICROARRAYS WITH QUANTITATIVE QC/QAMartin Hessner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our success will provide an accurate, flexible, lower cost alternative to commercial arrays for laboratories wishing to conduct gene expression studies. ..
- ASN Workshop "In Vivo MR Tracking of Stem Cells in the CNS" (R13)JEFF BULTE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The outcome of the workshop will be published in Experimental Neurology and available for the scientific community at large. ..
- Effects of brain-death on islet recovery and functional*John Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall, these studies will bring novel information about human islet biology and will provide c potential therapeutic strategy to enhance the therapeutic efficacy of PIT as a cure for diabetes. ..
- NOVEL TYROSINASE MUTANTS AS IMAGING MARKER GENESAlexei Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal of this research is to explore and develop novel and useful bifunctional "imaging/therapeutic marker genes" for in vivo use. ..