Genomes and Genes
Summary: A specific decapeptide obtained from the skin of Hila caerulea, an Australian amphibian. Caerulein is similar in action and composition to CHOLECYSTOKININ. It stimulates gastric, biliary, and pancreatic secretion; and certain smooth muscle. It is used in paralytic ileus and as diagnostic aid in pancreatic malfunction.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Protease-activated receptor-2 protects against pancreatitis by stimulating exocrine secretionVijay P Singh
Department of Gastroenterology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gut 56:958-64. 2007..However, the mechanism by which it protects against pancreatitis still remains to be elucidated. Acute pancreatitis is associated with premature zymogen activation and a blockage in digestive enzyme secretion...
- Recapitulation of elements of embryonic development in adult mouse pancreatic regenerationJan Nygaard Jensen
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, U Colorado, HSC, 4200 E 9th Avenue, B140, Denver, Colorado 80262 USA
Gastroenterology 128:728-41. 2005..To define cell differentiation changes associated with pancreatic regeneration in adult mice, we compared regeneration following caerulein-induced pancreatitis to that of normal pancreatic development.
- Disruption of paracellular sealing is an early event in acute caerulein-pancreatitisMarcus Schmitt
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf, Heinrich Heine Universität Düssseldorf, Germany
Pancreas 28:181-90. 2004b>Caerulein-induced pancreatitis is a widely used experimental model for studies on acute pancreatitis, however, the molecular mechanisms underlying pancreatitis in response to caerulein hyperstimulation are incompletely understood...
- Pancreatic STAT3 protects mice against caerulein-induced pancreatitis via PAP1 inductionMinoru Shigekawa
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Am J Pathol 181:2105-13. 2012..b>Caerulein administration activated pancreatic STAT3 and induced acute pancreatitis as early as 3 hours in wild-type mice, ..
- Hydrogen sulfide induces ICAM-1 expression and neutrophil adhesion to caerulein-treated pancreatic acinar cells through NF-kappaB and Src-family kinases pathwayRamasamy Tamizhselvi
Department of Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Exp Cell Res 316:1625-36. 2010..In order to better understand this effect of H(2)S, acinar cells were stimulated with caerulein after addition of H(2)S donor, NaHS...
- Induction of apoptosis by artemisinin relieving the severity of inflammation in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitisMing Zhao
Department of General Surgery, First Clinical College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:5612-7. 2007..To observe the apoptosis and oncosis of pancreatic acinar cells and secondary inflammatory reaction in pancreatic tissue from rats with acute pancreatitis (AP), and the influences of artemisinin on them...
- Caerulein-and xenopsin-related peptides with insulin-releasing activities from skin secretions of the clawed frogs, Xenopus borealis and Xenopus amieti (Pipidae)Osama K Zahid
Departmentof Chemistry, Faculty of Science, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Gen Comp Endocrinol 172:314-20. 2011b>Caerulein-related peptides were identified in norepinephrine-stimulated skin secretions of the tetraploid frog Xenopus borealis and the octoploid frog Xenopus amieti using negative ion electrospray mass spectrometry and their primary ..
- Involvement of autophagy in trypsinogen activation within the pancreatic acinar cellsDaisuke Hashimoto
Division of Developmental Genetics, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Cell Biol 181:1065-72. 2008..These results suggest that autophagy exerts devastating effects in pancreatic acinar cells by activation of trypsinogen to trypsin in the early stage of acute pancreatitis through delivering trypsinogen to the lysosome...
- Autophagic cell death of pancreatic acinar cells in serine protease inhibitor Kazal type 3-deficient miceMasaki Ohmuraya
Division of Developmental Genetics, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Japan
Gastroenterology 129:696-705. 2005..Point mutations in the SPINK1 gene seem to predispose humans to pancreatitis; however, the clinical significance of SPINK1 mutations remains controversial. This study aimed to elucidate the role of SPINK1...
- Inhibition of chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN) by capsaicin in LSL-KrasG12D/Pdx1-Cre miceHan Bai
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Ward 6 118, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Carcinogenesis 32:1689-96. 2011..on pancreatitis and pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN) was determined in a mutant Kras-driven and caerulein-induced pancreatitis-associated carcinogenesis in LSL-Kras(G12D)/Pdx1-Cre mice...
- A mouse model of severe acute pancreatitis induced with caerulein and lipopolysaccharideShi Ping Ding
Department of Lymphology, Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical College of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310031, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:584-9. 2003To establish a non-traumatic, easy to induce and reproducible mouse model of severe acute pancreatitis (SAP) induced with caerulein and lipopolyasccharide (LPS).
- Notch signaling is required for exocrine regeneration after acute pancreatitisJens T Siveke
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munchen, Germany
Gastroenterology 134:544-55. 2008..To study the effect of Notch signaling ablation during acute experimental pancreatitis, we used a chemical and genetic approach to ablate Notch signaling in cerulein-induced pancreatitis in mice...
- Reducing extracellular pH sensitizes the acinar cell to secretagogue-induced pancreatitis responses in ratsMADHAVI BHOOMAGOUD
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Gastroenterology 137:1083-92. 2009..Clinical studies suggest that acidosis may affect the risk for developing pancreatitis. We hypothesized that exposure to an acid load might sensitize the acinar cell to secretagogue-induced pancreatitis...
- Therapeutic effects of troglitazone in experimental chronic pancreatitis in miceDavid J van Westerloo
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 166:721-8. 2005..Thus, troglitazone attenuated pancreatic damage and inflammation in experimental chronic pancreatitis and remained beneficial in a therapeutic setting when given after initial damage had been established...
- Activation of adenosine A2a receptor pathway reduces leukocyte infiltration but enhances edema formation in rat caerulein pancreatitisAkihiko Satoh
Department of Gastroenterology, Division of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Pancreas 24:75-82. 2002..Recent studies have shown that adenosine exerts potent anti-inflammatory properties that are chiefly brought about through the occupancy of the A2a receptor...
- Acetyl-L-carnitine ameliorates caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in ratsHossam M M Arafa
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 105:30-6. 2009In the present study, we have addressed the possible protective role of acetyl-L-carnitine in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in male Swiss albino rats...
- Coordinate regulation of secretory stress proteins (PSP/reg, PAP I, PAP II, and PAP III) in the rat exocrine pancreas during experimental acute pancreatitisR Graf
Pancreatitis Research Laboratory, Department of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Surg Res 105:136-44. 2002..Others reported that surgical manipulation of the pancreas, including sham controls, affected mRNA levels of PSP/reg. Neither report determined protein levels of PSP/reg...
- Pancreas-specific aquaporin 12 null mice showed increased susceptibility to caerulein-induced acute pancreatitisEriko Ohta
Dept of Nephrology, Tokyo Medical and Dental Univ, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C1368-78. 2009..From these results, we conclude that AQP12 may function in the mechanisms that control the proper secretion of pancreatic fluid following rapid and intense stimulation...
- Histopathologic correlates of serum amylase activity in acute experimental pancreatitisJ Schmidt
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114
Dig Dis Sci 37:1426-33. 1992..31). Inasmuch as edema and fat necrosis are not important determinants of severity, these observations could explain the poor prognostic value of serum amylase activity in patients with acute pancreatitis...
- The combination of neurokinin-1 and galanin receptor antagonists ameliorates caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in miceSavio G Barreto
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Peptides 31:315-21. 2010..Acute pancreatitis was induced in mice with 7-hourly caerulein injections...
- Effects of S-propargyl-cysteine (SPRC) in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in miceJenab N Sidhapuriwala
Department of Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 7:e32574. 2012..AP was induced in mice by hourly caerulein injections (50 µg/kg) for 10 hours. Mice were treated with SPRC (10 mg/kg) or vehicle (distilled water)...
- Selective inhibition of NF-kappaB attenuates the severity of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitisRichard T Ethridge
Departments of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0533, USA
J Am Coll Surg 195:497-505. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the inhibition of NF-kappaB binding activity with a novel peptide that binds to the NF-kappaB essential modifier binding domain (NBD) could attenuate the severity of AP...
- The effect of interleukin-10 on acute pancreatitis induced by cerulein in a rat experimental modelMustafa Keceli
Department of General Surgery, University of Erciyes, Kayseri, Turkey
J Invest Surg 18:7-12. 2005..Nevertheless, more experimental studies are needed to compare endogenous interleukin-10 with exogenous interleukin-10 effects before clinical usage of this drug...
- CEP-1347 inhibits caerulein-induced rat pancreatic JNK activation and ameliorates caerulein pancreatitisA C Wagner
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 278:G165-72. 2000Pancreatic caerulein-induced activation of c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK) has been reported, and JNK has been proposed as a mediator during induction of hyperstimulated pancreatitis...
- IGF-1 stimulates production of interleukin-10 and inhibits development of caerulein-induced pancreatitisZ Warzecha
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical School, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 54:575-90. 2003..The aim of our studies was to determine the effect of IGF-1 administration on the development of caerulein-induced pancreatitis.
- COX-2 is not required for the development of murine chronic pancreatitisAlberto Silva
Swiss HPB Center, Pancreatitis Research Laboratory, Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 300:G968-75. 2011..Thus the pathophysiological roles of COX-2 and its therapeutic implications in patients with pancreatitis should be reexamined...
- Cholinergic mediation of alcohol-induced experimental pancreatitisAurelia Lugea
USC UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System and University of California, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:1768-81. 2010..For this study, we determined the role of the cholinergic system in ethanol-induced sensitizing effects on cerulein pancreatitis...
- Hsp72 overexpression accelerates the recovery from caerulein-induced pancreatitisMariia Lunova
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Medical Center Ulm, Ulm, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e39972. 2012..Increased Hsp72 levels were implicated in protection from acute pancreatitis; a hypothesis which was not tested in a transgenic mouse model yet...
- Antioxidative effect of melatonin, ascorbic acid and N-acetylcysteine on caerulein-induced pancreatitis and associated liver injury in ratsMukaddes Esrefoglu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu Universitesi, 44280, Malatya, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 12:259-64. 2006..the role of oxidative injury in pancreatitis-induced hepatic damage and the effect of antioxidant agents such as melatonin, ascorbic acid and N-acetyl cysteine on caerulein-induced pancreatitis and associated liver injury in rats.
- Down-regulation of tumor necrosis factor-associated factor 6 is associated with progression of acute pancreatitis complicating lung injury in miceXiangyu Zhou
Institute of Digestive Surgery, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Tohoku J Exp Med 217:279-85. 2009..role of TRAF6 in the pathogenesis of AP and pancreatitis-associated acute lung injury using a mouse model of caerulein-induced AP (CAP)...
- Angiotensin II signaling through the AT1a and AT1b receptors does not have a role in the development of cerulein-induced chronic pancreatitis in the mouseBarbara Ulmasov
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 3635 Vista Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G70-80. 2010..Our results demonstrate that AT1a and AT1b receptor pathways do not seem to be essential for the development of pancreatitis in the mouse model of pancreatitis induced by repetitive cerulein injury...
- Caerulein precursor fragment (CPF) peptides from the skin secretions of Xenopus laevis and Silurana epitropicalis are potent insulin-releasing agentsDinesh Srinivasan
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine, N Ireland, BT52 1SA, UK
Biochimie 95:429-35. 2013..2 peptides), peptide glycine-leucine-amide (PGLa) (1 peptide), xenopsin precursor fragment (1 peptide), and caerulein precursor fragment (CPF) (6 peptides) families...
- The genes for the frog skin peptides GLa, xenopsin, levitide and caerulein contain a homologous export exon encoding a signal sequence and part of an amphiphilic peptideK Kuchler
Institute of Molecular Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Salzburg, Austria
Eur J Biochem 179:281-5. 1989..1987) Eur. J. Biochem. 169, 53-58] also contain a similar exon. This demonstrates the existence of a homologous export exon in genes encoding the precursors of different skin peptides...
- Role of endogenous melatonin and its MT2 receptor in the modulation of caerulein-induced pancreatitis in the ratJ Jaworek
Chair of Physiology, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 53:791-804. 2002..study investigated the involvement of endogenous melatonin in the prevention of pancreatic damage provoked by caerulein-induced pancreatitis (CIP) by using the luzindole, the antagonist of melatonin MT2 receptors...
- Melatonin reduces pancreatic prostaglandins production and protects against caerulein-induced pancreatitis in ratsHan Ming Chen
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Pineal Res 40:34-9. 2006..An acute pancreatitis model in male Sprague-Dawley rats (225-275 g) was established by continuously infusing caerulein (15 mg/kg/hr). Mean arterial pressure and pancreatic perfusion were monitored continuously...
- In vivo evidence for the role of GM-CSF as a mediator in acute pancreatitis-associated lung injuryJean Louis Frossard
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Hospital Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L541-8. 2002..by hourly (12x) intraperitoneal injection of a supramaximally stimulating dose of the cholecystokinin analog caerulein. The resulting pancreatitis was similar in GM-CSF-sufficient (GM-CSF +/+) control animals and GM-CSF -/- mice...
- Constitutive IKK2 activation in acinar cells is sufficient to induce pancreatitis in vivoBernd Baumann
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Clin Invest 117:1502-13. 2007..Our data identify the IKK/NF-kappaB pathway in acinar cells as being key to the development of experimental pancreatitis and the major factor in the inflammatory response typical of this disease...
- Proteomic analysis of heat shock-induced protection in acute pancreatitisVanessa Fetaud-Lapierre
Department of Bioinformatics and Structural Biology, Geneva Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
J Proteome Res 9:5929-42. 2010..pancreatic proteins expression that were associated with thermal stress, both in healthy rats and in a model of caerulein-induced pancreatitis...
- The circadian rhythm of melatonin modulates the severity of caerulein-induced pancreatitis in the ratJolanta Jaworek
Department of Medical Physiology, Faculty of Health Care, Medical Faculty, Jagiellonian University CM, 31 531 Krakow, Poland
J Pineal Res 37:161-70. 2004..The aims of this study were: (a) to compare the severity of caerulein-induced pancreatitis (CIP) produced in the rat during the day and at the night, and (b) to assess the changes of ..
- Local disruption of the celiac ganglion inhibits substance P release and ameliorates caerulein-induced pancreatitis in ratsMarc D Noble
Department of Medicine, Duke University and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G128-34. 2006..One week later, pancreatitis was induced by six hourly intraperitoneal injections of caerulein (50 microg/kg)...
- Inhibition of transforming growth factor beta signaling by halofuginone as a modality for pancreas fibrosis preventionOrit Zion
Institute of Animal Sciences, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
Pancreas 38:427-35. 2009..Chronic pancreatitis is characterized by inflammation and fibrosis. We evaluated the efficacy of halofuginone, an inhibitor of collagen synthesis and myofibroblast activation, in preventing cerulein-induced pancreas fibrosis...
- Early induction of moderate hypothermia suppresses systemic inflammatory cytokines and intracellular adhesion molecule-1 in rats with caerulein-induced pancreatitis and endotoxemiaKenji Fujimoto
Department of Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Pancreas 37:176-81. 2008..To evaluate the systemic effects of moderate hypothermia (MH) and the timing of induction on acute pancreatitis (AP) and endotoxemia in rats...
- Infliximab: a new therapeutic agent in acute pancreatitis?Nevin Oruc
Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Gastroenterology Department, Izmir, Turkey
Pancreas 28:e1-8. 2004..The aim of this study is to investigate the therapeutic effectiveness of monoclonal TNF antibody (infliximab) in acute edematous and severe necrotizing pancreatitis models in rats...
- Connective tissue growth factor production by activated pancreatic stellate cells in mouse alcoholic chronic pancreatitisAlyssa L Charrier
Center for Clinical and Translational Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Lab Invest 90:1179-88. 2010..PSC-derived CTGF is thus a candidate therapeutic target in anti-fibrotic strategies for ACP...
- PPAR-gamma knockout in pancreatic epithelial cells abolishes the inhibitory effect of rosiglitazone on caerulein-induced acute pancreatitisC Y Ivashchenko
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G319-26. 2007..To determine whether the effects of a TZD, rosiglitazone, on caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis are dependent on PPAR-gamma in the endodermal derivatives, we created a cell-type ..
- The role of pro-inflammatory molecules and pharmacological agents in acute pancreatitis and sepsisMuthu Kumaraswamy Shanmugam
Cardiovascular Biology Research Programme, Department of Pharmacology, Center for Life Sciences, National University of Singapore, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 9:20-31. 2010..Recently, the biochemical role of hydrogen sulfide (H(2)S) and substance P in caerulein induced AP and in cecal ligation and puncture induced sepsis and their role in the pathogenesis of the disease ..
- Adiponectin plays a protective role in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in mice fed a high-fat dietH Araki
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, K1, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Gut 57:1431-40. 2008..However, the role of adiponectin in AP has not been investigated...
- Novel antioxidant ameliorates the fibrosis and inflammation of cerulein-induced chronic pancreatitis in a mouse modelByung Moo Yoo
Genome Research Center for Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Pancreatology 5:165-76. 2005..This study was aimed to establish the mice model of chronic fibrosing pancreatitis and to prove the involvement of OFRs in chronic pancreatitis with fibrosis...
- Hedgehog signaling is required for effective regeneration of exocrine pancreasVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Gastroenterology 135:621-31. 2008..Given the known role of Hh signaling in exocrine pancreatic cancer, these findings may provide a mechanistic link between injury-induced activation of pancreatic progenitors and subsequent pancreatic neoplasia...
- A mouse model of ethanol dependent pancreatic fibrosisG Perides
Department of Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Gut 54:1461-7. 2005..The majority of patients with chronic pancreatitis are alcoholics. Our goal was to develop a mouse model of alcohol dependent chronic pancreatitis...
- Pro-inflammatory effects of hydrogen sulphide on substance P in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitisMadhav Bhatia
Department of Pharmacology and Cardiovascular Biology Research Group, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Cell Mol Med 12:580-90. 2008..was aimed to investigate the interplay between pro-inflammatory effects of H(2)S and SP in a murine model of caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis...
- Mice lacking the transcription factor Mist1 exhibit an altered stress response and increased sensitivity to caerulein-induced pancreatitisAgnes S Kowalik
Department of Physiology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1123-32. 2007..Following the induction of pancreatitis with caerulein, a CCK analog, we observed elevated serum amylase levels, necrosis, and tissue damage in Mist1 KO mice, ..
- Effect of hydrogen sulfide on the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-protein kinase B pathway and on caerulein-induced cytokine production in isolated mouse pancreatic acinar cellsRamasamy Tamizhselvi
Department of Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117456
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 329:1166-77. 2009..To better understand the effect of H(2)S in inflammation, pancreatic acinar cells were stimulated with caerulein after the addition of NaHS (5, 10, and 30 microM)...
- Caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis inhibits protein synthesis through effects on eIF2B and eIF4FMaria Dolors Sans
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G517-28. 2003..We therefore evaluated in C57BL/6 mice the effects of caerulein-induced AP on pancreatic protein synthesis, eIF2B activity and other protein translation regulatory mechanisms...
- Overexpression of Smad6 exacerbates pancreatic fibrosis in murine caerulein-induced chronic pancreatic injuriesTamao Miyamoto
Third Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Pancreas 39:385-91. 2010..We examined the effect of the overexpression of Smad6 on pancreatic fibrosis after chronic pancreatic injury...
- Curcumin ameliorates ethanol and nonethanol experimental pancreatitisIlya Gukovsky
Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases and Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles and Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 90073, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 284:G85-95. 2003..They suggest that curcumin, which is currently in clinical trials for cancer prevention, may be useful for treatment of pancreatitis...
- Thermal stress-induced HSP70 mediates protection against intrapancreatic trypsinogen activation and acute pancreatitis in ratsLakshmi Bhagat
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Gastroenterology 122:156-65. 2002....
- Both thermal and non-thermal stress protect against caerulein induced pancreatitis and prevent trypsinogen activation in the pancreasJ L Frossard
Division of Gastroenterology, Geneva University Hospitals, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Gut 50:78-83. 2002..Similarly, the effects of prior non-thermal stress on HSP70 expression and pancreatitis are not known. The current studies were designed to specifically address these issues...
- Recombinant human interleukin-11 decreases severity of acute necrotizing pancreatitis in miceT Shimizu
Department of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, Japan
Pancreas 21:134-40. 2000....
- Protective effect of melatonin and its precursor L-tryptophan on acute pancreatitis induced by caerulein overstimulation or ischemia/reperfusionJolanta Jaworek
Jagiellonian University CM, Krakow, Poland
J Pineal Res 34:40-52. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of melatonin and its precursor, l-tryptophan, on caerulein-induced pancreatitis (CIP) and on ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)-provoked pancreatitis in rats...
- Pancreatic gene expression during the initiation of acute pancreatitis: identification of EGR-1 as a key regulatorBaoan Ji
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Physiol Genomics 14:59-72. 2003..to identify those genes commonly induced in rat pancreatic acinar cells within 1-4 h in two in vivo models, caerulein and taurocholate administration...
- Ultrastructural clues for the protective effect of ascorbic acid and N-acetylcysteine against oxidative damage on caerulein-induced pancreatitisMukaddes Esrefoglu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Pancreatology 6:477-85. 2006..Oxygen free radicals (OFR) have been implicated in the induction of acute pancreatitis (AP)...
- Experimental acute pancreatitis in PAP/HIP knock-out miceMeritxell Gironella
INSERM, U 624, Marseille, France
Gut 56:1091-7. 2007..It was shown in vitro to be anti-apoptotic and anti-inflammatory. This study aims to look at whether PAP/HIP plays the same role in vivo...
- Caerulein-induced intracellular pancreatic zymogen activation is dependent on calcineurinSohail Z Husain
Dept of Pediatrics, 333 Cedar St, FMP408, PO Box 208064, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1594-9. 2007..Isolated pancreatic acinar cells were stimulated with supraphysiological caerulein (100 nM) with or without the calcineurin inhibitors FK506 or cell-permeable calcineurin inhibitory peptide (CiP)...
- p8 improves pancreatic response to acute pancreatitis by enhancing the expression of the anti-inflammatory protein pancreatitis-associated protein ISophie Vasseur
Centre de Recherche INSERM, EMI 0116, 163 Avenue de Luminy, BP172, 13009 Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 279:7199-207. 2004..In conclusion, p8 improves pancreatic resistance to inducers of acute pancreatitis by a mechanism implicating the expression of the anti-inflammatory protein PAP I...
- Differences in platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 expression between peripheral circulation and pancreatic microcirculation in cerulein-induced acute edematous pancreatitisHong Kai Gao
Department of General Surgery, Division of Digestive Surgery and Organ Microcirculation, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:661-4. 2005....
- Effect of ligands that increase cAMP on caerulein-induced zymogen activation in pancreatic aciniZ Lu
GI Research Laboratory, Veterans Affairs Healthcare Connecticut, 950 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G822-8. 2003..Stimulation of acinar cells with supraphysiological concentrations of the CCK analog caerulein (CER) leads to protease activation and pancreatitis...
- Haemodynamic and exocrine effects of caerulein at submaximal and supramaximal levels on the rat pancreas: role of cholecystokinin receptor subtypesThomas Griesbacher
Institute for Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Pancreatology 6:65-75; discussion 75-6. 2006We have investigated the involvement of cholecystokinin (CCK) receptor subtypes in haemodynamic changes in the pancreas of anaesthetized rats during submaximal and supramaximal stimulation with the CCK analogue, caerulein.
- Different effects of dexamethasone and the nitric oxide synthase inhibitor L-NAME on caerulein-induced rat acute pancreatitis, depending on the severityYusuke Sugiyama
Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, 465 Kajii cho, Kamigyo, Kyoto, 802 8566, Japan
Inflammopharmacology 13:291-301. 2005..of dexamethasone and N(G)-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME), the nitric oxide (NO) synthase inhibitor, on caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis were examined in rats. Acute pancreatitis was induced by caerulein (20 mug/kg, s.c...
- The ryanodine receptor mediates early zymogen activation in pancreatitisSohail Z Husain
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Connecticut Health Care, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14386-91. 2005..Inhibition of RYR also inhibited zymogen activation in vivo. We propose that Ca(2+) release from the RYR mediates zymogen activation but not enzyme secretion. The findings imply a role for the RYR in acute pancreatitis...
- Transgenic expression of pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor-I ameliorates secretagogue-induced pancreatitis in miceJaimie D Nathan
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Gastroenterology 128:717-27. 2005..In this study, we tested whether increased levels of pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor-I (PSTI-I) in mice could prevent secretagogue-induced pancreatitis...
- A rat model reproducing key pathological responses of alcoholic chronic pancreatitisIlya Gukovsky
UCLA VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, West Los Angeles VA Healthcare Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G68-79. 2008..The results indicate that alcohol impairs recovery from acute pancreatitis, suggesting a mechanism by which alcohol sensitizes pancreas to chronic injury...
- Alcohols enhance caerulein-induced zymogen activation in pancreatic acinar cellsZhao Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Digestive Diseases, and Cell Biology, Veterans Administration Connecticut Healthcare, West Haven 06516, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G501-7. 2002..The effects of the CCK analog, caerulein, and alcohol on trypsin and chymotrypsin activation in isolated pancreatic acini were examined...
- Octreotide negates the benefit of galantide when used in the treatment of caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in miceSavio G Barreto
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
HPB (Oxford) 12:403-11. 2010..This study set out to compare the efficacy of a combined treatment of galantide and octreotide with the efficacy of each agent individually in experimental AP...
- Dantrolene mitigates caerulein-induced pancreatitis in vivo in miceAbrahim I Orabi
Department of Pediatrics, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G196-204. 2010..In this study, we examined whether pretreatment with the RYR inhibitor dantrolene attenuates the severity of caerulein-induced pancreatitis in mice...
- Treatment with H2S-releasing diclofenac protects mice against acute pancreatitis-associated lung injuryMadhav Bhatia
Department of Pharmacology and Cardiovascular Biology Research Group, National University of Singapore
Shock 29:84-8. 2008..These results suggest the usefulness of H(2)S-releasing nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as potential treatments for pancreatitis-associated lung injury...
- Suppression of transforming growth factor beta signalling aborts caerulein induced pancreatitis and eliminates restricted stimulation at high caerulein concentrationsStefan Wildi
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Gut 56:685-92. 2007..To determine whether endogenous TGF-betas modulate the course of caerulein induced acute pancreatitis, caerulein was administered to wild-type (FVB-/-) and transgenic mice that are ..
- The tripeptide analog feG ameliorates severity of acute pancreatitis in a caerulein mouse modelYusnita Rifai
Dept of Surgery, Centre for Neuroscience, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1094-9. 2008..AP was induced in mice by hourly (x12) intraperitoneal injections of caerulein. A single dose of feG (100 microg/kg) was coadministered with caerulein either at time 0 h (prophylactic) or 3 h ..
- Leptin protects the pancreas from damage induced by caerulein overstimulation by modulating cytokine productionJolanta Jaworek
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
Pancreatology 2:89-99. 2002..Recent identification of specific leptin receptors in the pancreas suggests that this peptide may also play some role in this gland...
- Lipid peroxidation inhibition reduces NF-kappaB activation and attenuates cerulein-induced pancreatitisDomenica Altavilla
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Messina Azienda Ospedaliera Universitario G Martino, Tore Biologica 5th Floor, Via Consolare Valeria, Gazzi, 98100 Messina, Italy
Free Radic Res 37:425-35. 2003..Indeed, lipid peroxidation inhibition might be considered a potential therapeutic approach to prevent the severe damage in acute pancreatitis...
- Role of macrophage inflammatory peptide-2 in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis and pancreatitis-associated lung injuryCatherine M Pastor
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lab Invest 83:471-8. 2003..These results show that MIP-2 plays a key role in the pathophysiology of acute pancreatitis and that MIP-2 blockade may improve the outcome of the disease...
- Melatonin as modulator of pancreatic enzyme secretion and pancreatoprotectorJ Jaworek
Department of Med Physiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Jagiellonian University Medical College, 16 Grzegorzecka Street, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:65-80. 2007..as well as its precursor; L-tryptophan, effectively protects the pancreas against the damage induced by caerulein overstimulation or ischemia/reperfusion...
- Increase of high-mobility group box chromosomal protein 1 in blood and injured organs in experimental severe acute pancreatitisTakeo Yasuda
Pancreas 34:487-8. 2007
- Leptin treatment ameliorates acute lung injury in rats with cerulein-induced acute pancreatitisFatma Ayca Gultekin
Gazi University, School of Medicine, Department of General Surgery, Besevler 06510 Ankara, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 13:2932-8. 2007..To determine the effect of exogenous leptin on acute lung injury (ALI) in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis (AP)...
- VIP attenuation of the severity of experimental pancreatitis is due to VPAC1 receptor-mediated inhibition of cytokine productionMizuho Kojima
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Pancreas 30:62-70. 2005..Therefore, we investigated the effects of VIP and selective agonists for 2 subtypes of VIP receptor (VPAC1-R and VPAC2-R agonist) on acute pancreatitis...
- Influence of ischemic preconditioning on blood coagulation, fibrinolytic activity and pancreatic repair in the course of caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in ratsZ Warzecha
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:303-19. 2007..The aim of the investigation was to determine whether ischemic preconditioning affects the course edematous pancreatitis...
- An improved method for extracting myeloperoxidase and determining its activity in the pancreas and lungs during pancreatitisRajinder Dawra
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pancreas 37:62-8. 2008....
- Adrenomedullin reduces the severity of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitisOzge Ecmel Onur
Department of Emergency Medicine, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Peptides 28:2179-83. 2007..These could be due to anti-inflammatory properties of AM, inhibition of proinflammatory cytokine secretion, reducing the endothelial permeability increased by reactive oxygen species, endotoxins or cytokines...
- Possible involvement of endogenous 5-HT in aggravation of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in miceKentaro Hamada
UMN Pharma, Inc, Department of Pharmacology, 1 15 8 Jinnan, Shibuya ku Tokyo 150 0041, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 105:240-50. 2007..These results suggest that endogenously released 5-HT activates 5-HT2A receptors to aggravate cerulein-induced pancreatitis. We propose that selective 5-HT2A antagonists may provide a new therapy for acute pancreatitis...
- A murine model of obesity implicates the adipokine milieu in the pathogenesis of severe acute pancreatitisNicholas J Zyromski
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, 535 Barnhill Dr, RT 130, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G552-8. 2008..These data demonstrate that congenitally obese mice develop more severe AP than lean animals when challenged by cerulein hyperstimulation and suggest that alteration of the adipokine milieu exacerbates the severity of AP in obesity...
- Effects of R-102444 and its active metabolite R-96544, selective 5-HT2A receptor antagonists, on experimental acute and chronic pancreatitis: Additional evidence for possible involvement of 5-HT2A receptors in the development of experimental pancreatitisTaketoshi Ogawa
Pharmacology and Molecular Biology Research Laboratories, Sankyo Co, Ltd, 1 2 58 Hiromachi, Tokyo 140 8710, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 521:156-63. 2005..Rat acute pancreatitis was induced by caerulein (20 microg/kg) intraperitoneal injection and by pancreatic duct ligation...
- Endotoxemia in newborn rats attenuates acute pancreatitis at adult ageJ Jaworek
Dept of Medical Physiology Faculty of Health Care, Medical Faculty Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:131-47. 2007..Two months later these rats have been subjected to i.p. cearulein infusion (25 microg/kg) to produce caerulein-induced pancreatitis (CIP)...
- Does the septic shock interfere experimental acute pancreatitis in rats?S Hac
Department of General Endocrine and Transplant Surgery, Medical University of Gdansk, 7 Debinki Street, 80 952 Gdansk, Poland
Med Chem 2:423-9. 2006..Two complex and multifactorial pathogenetic ways lead to edematous or necrotizing pancreatitis. The course of the disease is thought to be the consequence of an acute inflammatory response...
- Cause-effect relationships between zymogen activation and other early events in secretagogue-induced acute pancreatitisGijs J D Van Acker
Dept of Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, 860 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1738-46. 2007..pancreatitis events, we induced pancreatitis in mice by repeated supramaximal secretagogue stimulation with caerulein. Some animals were pretreated with the cathepsin B inhibitor CA-074 me to inhibit cathepsin B, prevent ..
- Pancreatic and bile duct obstruction exacerbates rat caerulein-induced pancreatitis: a new experimental model of acute hemorrhagic pancreatitisMitsuo Yamasaki
Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka sayama 595 8511, Japan
J Gastroenterol 41:352-60. 2006..The aim of the present study was to test the hypothesis that pancreatic and bile duct obstruction exacerbates edematous pancreatitis induced by supramaximal secretory stimulation by caerulein.
- Characterisation of a transgenic mouse expressing R122H human cationic trypsinogenLena Selig
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 6:30. 2006..The R122H mutation of the cationic trypsinogen was found in patients with hereditary pancreatitis. A transgenic animal carrying this mutation could be useful as a genetic model system of pancreatitis...
- Hyperlipidemia intensifies cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis associated with activation of protein kinase C in ratsYa Jun Wang
Department of General Surgery, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital University of Medical Sciences, 45 Changchun Street, Beijing 100053, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:2908-13. 2006..To investigate the effects of hyperlipidemia on acute pancreatitis (AP) and the possible mechanisms...
- Early bacterial infection of the pancreas and course of disease in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in ratsG Manes
Department of Gastroenterology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Dig Liver Dis 38:423-8. 2006..Since bacterial translocation from the gut is likely to be an early event, in an animal model of pancreatitis, we investigated the effect of early bacterial supra-infection of the pancreas on the course of the disease...
- The STAT4 and STAT6 pathways in pancreatitis-associated lung injuryMisho O Simovic
Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Surg Res 137:10-5. 2007..We examined the roles of STAT4 and STAT6 in lung injury after caerulein-induced severe acute pancreatitis...
- Neutrophil depletion--but not prevention of Kupffer cell activation--decreases the severity of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitisCatherine M Pastor
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Hépatique et Imagerie Moléculaire, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
World J Gastroenterol 12:1219-24. 2006..To determine whether neutrophil depletion and Kupffer cell inhibition might combine their protective effects to decrease the severity of acute pancreatitis...
- Evaluation of two novel peptide safety markers for exocrine pancreatic toxicityJennie L Walgren
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Drug Safety Research and Development, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017, USA
Toxicol Sci 96:184-93. 2007..in different species, we measured RA1609 and RT2864 marker levels in rats treated with the pancreatic toxicant caerulein, and in mice treated with CHB...
- Plasminogen System and Alcoholic PancreatitisAurelia Lugea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therapeutic strategies focusing on the regulation of plg activation may be central in preventing or reverting alcohol-induced pancreas fibrosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathogenic Mechanisms of PancreatitisRodger A Liddle; Fiscal Year: 2013..The PI has demonstrated that TRPV1 is activated in several models of pancreatitis including caerulein-induced pancreatitis and has extensive pharmacological data indicating that TRPV1 inhibition reduces the ..
- Dietary Regulation of Pancreatic Digestive EnzymesJohn A Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will study regeneration following two models of pancreatitis induced by ethionine and caerulein over-stimulation...
- Characterization of lcmt in Animal Models of CancerMARK REID PHILIPS; Fiscal Year: 2013..effect of pancreatic ductal epithelial cells (PDECs), and we will determine the effect of Icmt deficiency on caerulein-induced pancreatic inflammation. Aim 2: Effect of Icmt deficiency on alternate mouse models of neoplasia...
- HEAT SHOCK PROTEINS AND PANCREATITISAshok K Saluja; Fiscal Year: 2013..for the first time in pancreatic acinar cells that HSP70 attenuates cytosolic calcium elevation in response to caerulein stimulation...
- PHOSPHOLIPID TURNOVER IN EXOCRINE PANCREASRonald Rubin; Fiscal Year: 1991..which directly activate protein kinase C, to interact synergistically with activators of PLA2 (ionomycin, caerulein, carbachol) with regard to enhancing cellular [Ca2+], arachidonic acid metabolism, protein phosphorylation, and ..
- Inhibition of pancreatic carcinogenesis via targeting c-Raf and sEHGuang Yu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In mutant Kras-initiated pancreatic tumorigenesis in Pdx1-Cre/LSL-KrasG12D mice (called PanKras), caerulein- induced pancreatitis enhances malignant progression...
- Initiation of the Sterile Inflammatory Response in Acute PancreatitisRafaz Hoque; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary data demonstrate that in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis: i...
- ALTERED ACINAR CELL FUNCTION DURING ACUTE PANCREATITISRobert Powers; Fiscal Year: 1992The in vivo administration of the cholecystokinin analogue, caerulein (CER) in excess of the concentration required to induce maximal secretion (hyperstimulation) leads to the rapid formation of acute pancreatitis in mice as defined by ..
- Pathophysiology of Arginine-induced Pancreatitis in MiceAshok Saluja; Fiscal Year: 2006..maintenance, in fact, the most commonly used investigative model in experimental pancreatitis is that induced by caerulein in mice. However, caerulein only induces relatively mild form of the disease...
- A model of obesity-associated severe acute pancreatitisGiamila Fantuzzi; Fiscal Year: 2007..The novel model will also be compared with the well-established model of AP induced by administration of caerulein. This exploratory project will verify whether a novel, pathologically relevant model of severe AP can be used as ..
- Molecular mechanisms of pancreatic fibrogenesisBrent Neuschwander Tetri; Fiscal Year: 2007..Accomplishing these aims will fill significant gaps in the understanding of chronic pancreatitis and this new knowledge may help identify effective treatment approaches to this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSGENIC MOUSE MODELS OF PANCREATIC EXOCRINE FUNCTIONROBERT DE LISLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..That over expresses Muclin in the pancreatic acinar cell using the rat elastase promoter to direct cell specific expression. ..
- PATHOGENEISIS OF CYSTIC FIBROSIS IN THE GI SYSTEMROBERT DE LISLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pathology and Muclin expression will be compared in CF mice, and CF mice crossed with gastrin deficient mice (lack gastric acid secretion) to normalize intestinal Ph. ..
- NADPH oxidase and pancreatic cancer cell survivalAnna Gukovskaya; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Ryanodine Receptor and Pancreatic Zymogen ActivationSohail Husain; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, the candidate will be mentored by individuals with particular expertise in pancreatitis and acinar Ca2+ signaling, and both mentors have extensive experience training fellows as well. ..
- Urokinase-type Plasminogen Activator System and Pancreatic Stellate CellsAurelia Lugea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therapeutic strategies focusing on the regulation of uPA activation may be central in preventing or reverting alcohol-induced pancreas fibrosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Murine Model for Alcohol Dependent Chronic PancreatitisGeorge Perides; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Protection of Steatotic Livers From Primary NonfunctionKenneth D Chavin; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Using isolated hepatocytes, determine the mechanism(s) by which UCP2 increases the sensitivity of steatotic hepatocytes to necrotic cell death and mitochondrial dysfunction following hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R) injury. ..
- Role of CCK Receptor in Acute Pancreatitis PathogenesisIsaac Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2007..James W. Maher, MD, Director, Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City.  PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 05/01) Page__ 26 Continuation Format Page  ..
- Pancreatic zymogen activation in a reconstituted systemEdwin Thrower; Fiscal Year: 2006..First, using a caerulein-hyperstimulation model of acute pancreatitis, we find that activated zymogens are found in both zymogen granule ..
- The Role of COX-2 and PPAR-Gamma in Pancreatic CancerGuido Eibl; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..