Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potent and long acting analog of naturally occurring gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GONADORELIN). Its action is similar to gonadorelin, which regulates the synthesis and release of pituitary gonadotropins.
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Sustained suppression of pituitary-gonadal axis with an injectable, in situ forming implant of leuprolide acetateH B Ravivarapu
Atrix Laboratories, Inc, 2579 Midpoint Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado 80525, USA
J Pharm Sci 89:732-41. 2000The objective of these studies was to develop a leuprolide acetate depot based on an in situ forming drug delivery system (Atrigel(R)) to suppress the pituitary-gonadal axis and in turn the serum testosterone to chemical castration levels ..
- Comparative efficacy and safety of cetrorelix with or without mid-cycle recombinant LH and leuprolide acetate for inhibition of premature LH surges in assisted reproductionMark V Sauer
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, NY, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 9:487-93. 2004An open label, randomized, multi-centre study was performed to compare cetrorelix and leuprolide acetate for prevention of premature LH surge and to assess whether patients treated with cetrorelix benefit from addition of recombinant ..
- Eligard: leuprolide acetate in a novel sustained-release delivery systemOliver Sartor
Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Urology 61:25-31. 2003..Of these approved products, 3 involve different delivery systems for the LHRH superagonist leuprolide acetate...
- Apoptosis-related gene expression affected by a GnRH analogue without induction of programmed cell death in LNCaP cellsCristiana Angelucci
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo F Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Itaty
Anticancer Res 24:2729-38. 2004..In addition, experiments aimed to evaluate the action of the analogue on apoptosis were performed...
- Effect of leuprorelin acetate on cell growth and prostate-specific antigen gene expression in human prostatic cancer cellsG Sica
Istituto di Istologia ed Embriologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Roma, Italia
Eur Urol 35:2-8. 1999..We investigated modulation of cell growth and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) gene expression in prostatic cancer cells by the luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone analog (LH-RHa), leuprorelin acetate, alone or combined with other agents...
- The effect of baseline testosterone on the efficacy of degarelix and leuprolide: further insights from a 12-month, comparative, phase III study in prostate cancer patientsJan Erik Damber
Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Urology 80:174-80. 2012To investigate the effects of baseline testosterone on testosterone control and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) suppression using data from a phase III trial (CS21) comparing degarelix and leuprolide in prostate cancer.
- Six-month depot formulation of leuprorelin acetate in the treatment of prostate cancerRajni Sethi
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Clin Interv Aging 4:259-67. 2009....
- Metabolic changes during gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist therapy for prostate cancer: differences from the classic metabolic syndromeMatthew R Smith
Department of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer 112:2188-94. 2008..To the authors' knowledge, however, less is known regarding the effects of GnRH agonists on other attributes of the metabolic syndrome...
- Parameters affecting the efficacy of a sustained release polymeric implant of leuprolideH B Ravivarapu
Atrix Laboratories, Incorporated, 2579 Midpoint Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Int J Pharm 194:181-91. 2000..study was to evaluate the formulation parameters critical to the efficacy of an injectable polymeric implant of leuprolide acetate, formed in situ, in suppressing and maintaining serum testosterone levels of animals in the range 0...
- Additional analysis of the secondary end point of biochemical recurrence rate in a phase 3 trial (CS21) comparing degarelix 80 mg versus leuprolide in prostate cancer patients segmented by baseline characteristicsBertrand Tombal
Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Urol 57:836-42. 2010..Recent data suggest prostate-specific antigen (PSA) progression may predict overall survival in prostate cancer patients...
- Bicalutamide monotherapy versus leuprolide monotherapy for prostate cancer: effects on bone mineral density and body compositionMatthew R Smith
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2546-53. 2004..Less is known about the effects of bicalutamide monotherapy on bone mineral density and body composition...
- Influence of the poly(lactide-co-glycolide) type on the leuprolide release from in situ forming microparticle systemsXiaosong Luan
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstr 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 110:266-72. 2006..the influence of poly(lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) type (molecular weight and end-group functionality) on the leuprolide release from in situ forming microparticle (ISM) systems...
- Chitosan-coated liposomes: characterization and interaction with leuprolideJ Guo
Department of Pharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Int J Pharm 260:167-73. 2003..concentration and lipid type on the characteristics of chitosan-coated liposomes and their interactions with leuprolide. Liposomes from lipid of high purity and low purity were prepared and coated by chitosan...
- Changes in alkaline phosphatase levels in patients with prostate cancer receiving degarelix or leuprolide: results from a 12-month, comparative, phase III studyFritz H Schroder
Department of Urology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 106:182-7. 2010..1b OBJECTIVE To compare the activity of degarelix, a new gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) blocker, with leuprolide depot 7.5 mg in the control of total serum alkaline phosphatase (S-ALP) levels in patients with prostate cancer...
- Hormonal induction of gamete release, and in-vitro fertilisation, in the critically endangered southern corroboree frog, Pseudophryne corroboreePhillip G Byrne
School of Biological Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:144. 2010....
- In vivo evaluation and in vitro metabolism of leuprolide in mice--mass spectrometry-based biomarker measurement for efficacy and toxicityZacharias D Sofianos
Division of Pharmacology Pharmacotechnology, Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens, Athens 11527, Greece
J Mass Spectrom 43:1381-92. 2008..A mass spectrometry-based approach was developed and applied towards the measurement of leuprolide, a peptide drug for the treatment of prostate cancer, in mouse plasma...
- Depot-leuprolide acetate for treatment of paraphilias: a report of twelve casesR B Krueger
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Arch Sex Behav 30:409-22. 2001..This paper reports the results of treatment using a depot suspension of leuprolide acetate on 12 patients with paraphilic disorders or with sexual disorders not otherwise specified to suppress or ..
- In vivo transdermal delivery of leuprolide using microneedles and iontophoresisVishal Sachdeva
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Mercer University, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 14:180-93. 2013..of this study was to investigate the use of iontophoresis and/or microneedles to enhance transdermal delivery of leuprolide acetate in vivo in hairless rats...
- Randomized double-blind study evaluating the efficacy on uterine fibroids shrinkage and on intra-operative blood loss of different length of leuprolide acetate depot treatment before myomectomyV M Jasonni
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:956-8. 2001..METHOD: Twenty patients received long-term GnRHa administration, six monthly depot injections of leuprolide acetate (LA), while 16 patients were treated with two monthly LA injections before surgery...
- Comparative efficacy of triptorelin pamoate and leuprolide acetate in men with advanced prostate cancerC F Heyns
Department of Urology, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg Hospital, Western Cape, South Africa
BJU Int 92:226-31. 2003..the efficacy of monthly administrations of the luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonists triptorelin pamoate and leuprolide acetate to induce and maintain castrate levels of serum testosterone in men with advanced prostate cancer.
- Dienogest is as effective as leuprolide acetate in treating the painful symptoms of endometriosis: a 24-week, randomized, multicentre, open-label trialT Strowitzki
Department of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Vossstrasse 9, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Hum Reprod 25:633-41. 2010..The current non-inferiority trial compared the efficacy and safety of dienogest against leuprolide acetate (LA) for treating the pain associated with endometriosis.
- Pituitary apoplexy after leuprolide injection for ovum donationGregory Engel
Department of Internal Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Adolesc Health 32:89-93. 2003..We describe a case of pituitary apoplexy in a young woman receiving leuprolide in preparation for ovum donation...
- Effects of treatment with leuprolide acetate depot on working memory and executive functions in young premenopausal womenMiglena Grigorova
Department of Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:935-47. 2006..Twenty-five women were treated with leuprolide acetate depot (LAD), a gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) analog that chemically suppressed ovarian function ..
- Effect of leuprolide acetate on ovarian function after cyclophosphamide-doxorubicin-based chemotherapy in premenopausal patients with breast cancer: results from a phase II randomized trialGuiping Song
Department of Pharmacy, Jiangyin Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jiangyin, Jiangsu, China
Med Oncol 30:667. 2013..This study was designed to examine the efficacy of leuprolide acetate on ovarian function preservation in patients with breast cancer...
- Phase-sensitive polymer-based controlled delivery systems of leuprolide acetate: in vitro release, biocompatibility, and in vivo absorption in rabbitsSomnath Singh
Department of Pharmacy Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Int J Pharm 328:42-8. 2007b>Leuprolide acetate (LA) is a synthetic analog of gonadotropin releasing hormone. It is effective in prostate cancer treatment only when its desired concentration in blood is maintained for longer duration...
- Pituitary apoplexy after leuprolideAnu Davis
University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, 6431 Fannin, MSB 4 202, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pituitary 9:263-5. 2006..advanced prostate cancer who presented with an acute picture of pituitary apoplexy after his first dose of leuprolide. He developed headache and neck pain within a few hours of treatment followed by nausea, vomiting, ptosis and ..
- Impacts of leuprolide acetate on quality of life in patients with prostate cancer: a prospective multicenter studyDalsan You
Department of Urology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Scand J Urol Nephrol 44:399-405. 2010To investigate the impacts of leuprolide acetate on the quality of life (QoL) of patients with prostate cancer.
- A functioning FSH-secreting pituitary macroadenoma causing an ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome with multiple cysts resected and relapsed after leuprolide in a reproductive-aged womanEnrico Macchia
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 28:56-9. 2012..and high serum estradiol was submitted to the resection of ovarian cysts and then treated with long-acting leuprolide 11.25 mg...
- Leuprolide acetate suppresses pedophilic urges and arousabilityJustine M Schober
Hamot Medical Center, Erie, PA 16507, USA
Arch Sex Behav 34:691-705. 2005Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy was compared with cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy augmented by leuprolide acetate (LA) for suppression of pedophilic behavior...
- Discovery of a pituitary adenoma following treatment with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist in a patient with prostate cancerWalid Massoud
Department of Urology, Lyon Sud Hospital, Lyon, France
Int J Urol 13:87-8. 2006..Gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonists (abarelix), by avoiding the flare-up reaction, might be used in such instances...
- GnRH receptor expression in human prostate cancer cells is affected by hormones and growth factorsCristiana Angelucci
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Francesco Vito 1, 00168, Rome, Italy
Endocrine 36:87-97. 2009....
- In vitro transdermal iontophoretic delivery of leuprolide under constant current applicationCharu Kochhar
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 50, 4056, Switzerland
J Control Release 98:25-35. 2004Transdermal delivery of Leuprolide, a nonapeptide LHRH agonist, was studied using constant current iontophoresis to explore methods for improving iontophoretic efficiency and determine the feasibility of delivery of therapeutic doses of ..
- Utility of single luteinizing hormone determination 3 h after depot leuprolide in monitoring therapy of gonadotropin-dependent precocious pubertyShrikrishna V Acharya
Department of Endocrinology, K E M Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 12, Maharashta, India
Pituitary 12:335-8. 2009To determine utility of luteinizing hormone (LH) estimation, post intramuscular (IM) depot leuprolide in comparison with subcutaneous leuprolide stimulation test...
- Direct effects of GnRH agonists in human hormone-sensitive endometrial cellsG Sica
Istituto di Istologia ed Embriologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo F Vito, 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 176:121-8. 2001..Our data provide evidence that GnRH agonists can directly inhibit estrogen-stimulated endometrial cancer cell growth and suggest that they may interfere with steroid-receptor machinery...
- Characterization of the solution conformations of leuprolide acetateJ D Meyer
Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
J Pept Res 60:159-68. 2002b>Leuprolide acetate (pGlu-His-Trp-Ser-Tyr-d-Leu-Leu-Arg-Pro-NHEt), a potent LHRH agonist in wide clinical use, was characterized conformationally by NMR and circular dichroism...
- Leuprorelin acetate affects ERK1/2 activity in prostate cancer cellsFortunata Iacopino
Istituto di Istologia ed Embriologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 00168 Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 29:237-47. 2006....
- Predicting response to leuprolide of women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder by daily mood rating dynamicsSteven M Pincus
J Psychiatr Res 45:386-94. 2011..women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) show symptomatic improvement in response to the GnRH agonist leuprolide acetate, which suppresses ovarian function...
- [The role of a 6-month depot form of hormone therapy in the treatment of advanced hormone-dependent prostate cancer: Results from the 'ELIRE' observational study]I Ouzaid
Service d urologie et de transplantation rénale, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris VI, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Prog Urol 21:866-74. 2011Androgen-deprivation therapy modalities are on continuing evolution. Leuprolide Acetate (LA) Eligard(®)45mg was the first 6-monthly LHRH agonist (agoniste luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone [LHRHa]) treatment available for use in ..
- Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenomaArthur J Castelbaum
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6149, USA
Fertil Steril 78:1311-3. 2002..To report a case of a gonadotroph adenoma diagnosed after a dramatic increase in estradiol level and ovarian hyperstimulation in response to a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist...
- Apoplexy in non functioning pituitary adenoma after one dose of leuprolide as treatment for prostate cancerYannis Guerra
Hospital of Cook County Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Pituitary 13:54-9. 2010..of headache and blurry vision--that progressed to left ophthalmoplegia and ptosis--after receiving a dose of leuprolide for Prostate cancer therapy. Imaging showed a hemorrhagic sellar mass...
- A 6-month depot formulation of leuprolide acetate is safe and effective in daily clinical practice: a non-interventional prospective study in 1273 patientsUlf W Tunn
Urological Clinic Facharztzentrum Klinikum Offenbach, Starkenburgring 50, 63069 Offenbach Main, Germany
BMC Urol 11:15. 2011Testosterone stimulates growth in many prostate tumours. The established GnRH analogue leuprolide acetate is incorporated in a novel biodegradable polymer matrix (Atrigel® delivery system), that can be administered to reduce testosterone ..
- Thiolated chitosan: development and in vivo evaluation of an oral delivery system for leuprolideJaved Iqbal
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Innsbruck, Josef Moller Haus, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 80:95-102. 2012The aim of the present study was to develop an oral delivery system for the peptide drug leuprolide. Gel formulations based on unmodified chitosan/reduced glutathione (GSH) and chitosan-thioglycolic acid (chitosan-TGA)/GSH were prepared, ..
- A randomized trial of microdose leuprolide acetate protocol versus luteal phase ganirelix protocol in predicted poor respondersAndrea J DiLuigi
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, University of Connecticut Heath Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 95:2531-3. 2011We performed a randomized trial to compare IVF outcomes in 54 poor responder patients undergoing a microdose leuprolide acetate (LA) protocol or a GnRH antagonist protocol incorporating a luteal phase E(2) patch and GnRH antagonist in the ..
- Efficacy and safety of androgen deprivation therapy after switching from monthly leuprolide to monthly degarelix in patients with prostate cancerJ De La Rosette
AMC University Hospital Urology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Clin Pract 65:559-66. 2011To evaluate whether switching prostate cancer (PCa) patients from leuprolide to degarelix is associated with any change in the efficacy of testosterone suppression or safety profile during the first 3 months.
- Leuprorelin acetate affects adhesion molecule expression in human prostate cancer cellsCristiana Angelucci
Institute of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, I 00168 Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 38:1501-9. 2011....
- Modifying the release of leuprolide from spray dried OED microparticlesR Alcock
Elan Drug Delivery Limited, 1 Mere Way, Ruddington, NG11 6JS, Nottingham, UK
J Control Release 82:429-40. 2002..The synthetic hormone analogue, leuprolide, was encapsulated within these matrices using hydrophobic ion pairing and solvent spray drying...
- In situ forming microparticle system for controlled delivery of leuprolide acetate: influence of the formulation and processing parametersXiaosong Luan
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstr 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 27:143-9. 2006The objective of present study was to control the delivery of leuprolide acetate using in situ forming microparticle (ISM) systems...
- A subcutaneous delivery system for the extended release of leuprolide acetate for the treatment of prostate cancerRamon Perez-Marrero
Urology Health Center, New Port Richey, FL 34652, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:447-57. 2004..e., hormone therapy). LHRH analogues (e.g., leuprolide acetate) desensitise and downregulate pituitary LHRH receptors, thus reducing LH synthesis and release...
- A randomized prospective study of microdose leuprolide versus ganirelix in in vitro fertilization cycles for poor respondersDavid W Schmidt
The Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 83:1568-71. 2005....
- Leuprolide acetate treatment with and without coadministration of tibolone in premenopausal women with menstrual cycle-related irritable bowel syndromeStefano Palomba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Via Nicolardi 188, Naples 80131, Italy
Fertil Steril 83:1012-20. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRH-a) with or without coadministration of tibolone in women with menstrual cycle-related irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Acute hormonal responses to the gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist leuprolide: dose-response studies and comparison to nafarelin--a clinical research center studyR L Rosenfield
University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Illinois 60637 1470, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:3408-11. 1996..Since nafarelin injection is no longer produced, studies were conducted to determine the dosage of leuprolide that would yield equivalent responses...
- A randomized trial of 1- and 3-month depot leuprolide doses in the treatment of central precocious pubertyKimberly Fuld
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr 159:982-7.e1. 2011To compare 1-month and 3-month depot formulations of leuprolide acetate (DL), a gonadotropin-releasing hormone analog, in the treatment of central precocious puberty (CPP).
- A phase III extension trial with a 1-arm crossover from leuprolide to degarelix: comparison of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist and antagonist effect on prostate cancerE David Crawford
Urologic Oncology, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Urol 186:889-97. 2011We investigated the efficacy and safety of degarelix treatment and the effects of switching from leuprolide to degarelix in an ongoing extension study with a median 27.5-month followup of a pivotal 1-year prostate cancer trial.
- Sustained activity and release of leuprolide acetate from an in situ forming polymeric implantH B Ravivarapu
Atrix Laboratories, Inc, 2579 Midpoint Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 1:E1. 2000The primary objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of drug loading on the release of leuprolide acetate from an injectable polymeric implant, formed in situ, and efficacy of the released drug in suppressing serum testosterone ..
- Ulipristal acetate versus leuprolide acetate for uterine fibroidsJacques Donnez
Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
N Engl J Med 366:421-32. 2012The efficacy and side-effect profile of ulipristal acetate as compared with those of leuprolide acetate for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids before surgery are unclear.
- Beneficial effects of dienogest on uterine myoma volume: a retrospective controlled study comparing with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonistSatoshi Ichigo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Matsunami General Hospital, Gifu 501 6062, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:667-70. 2011..Aim of this study was to examine and compare the efficacy of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) versus dienogest in premenopausal women with uterine myoma...
- Thiolated chitosan nanoparticles for the nasal administration of leuprolide: bioavailability and pharmacokinetic characterizationGul Shahnaz
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52c, Josef Moller Haus, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Pharm 428:164-70. 2012..of this study was to develop thiolated nanoparticles to enhance the bioavailability for the nasal application of leuprolide. Thiolated chitosan-thioglycolic acid (chitosan-TGA) and unmodified chitosan nanoparticles (NPs) were developed ..
- Ganirelix acetate causes a rapid reduction in estradiol levels without adversely affecting oocyte maturation in women pretreated with leuprolide acetate who are at risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeRobert L Gustofson
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Reprod 21:2830-7. 2006..Since GnRH antagonist is associated with a reduction in E(2) levels, we hypothesized that GnRH-antagonist treatment of women down-regulated with GnRH agonist who are at risk of OHSS might reduce E(2) levels and avoid cycle cancellation...
- Transport of leuprolide across rat intestine, rabbit intestine and Caco-2 cell monolayerJ Guo
Department of Pharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009
Int J Pharm 278:415-22. 2004The purpose of this study was to investigate the transport mechanisms and causes of low bioavailability of leuprolide. The everted gut sac technique and Caco-2 cell monolayer were used to examine: (1) transport properties, enzyme ..
- Assessment of gonadotrophin suppression in girls treated with GnRH analogue for central precocious puberty; validity of single luteinizing hormone measurement after leuprolide acetate injectionHuseyin Demirbilek
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Hacettepe University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:126-30. 2012....
- Hot flushes in prostatic cancer patients during androgen-deprivation therapy with monthly dose of degarelix or leuprolideP Iversen
Department of Urology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 14:184-90. 2011..c., 240/80 mg, n=207, or 240/160 mg, n=202) or leuprolide (i.m., 7.5 mg, n=201) for 12 months...
- Leuprolide acetate given by a subcutaneous extended-release injection: less of a pain?Michael C Cox
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg 10, Rm 5A01, MSC 1910, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 5:605-11. 2005..Based on the need for improved convenience of administration, a novel formulation of leuprolide acetate (Eligard; Atrix Laboratories Inc...
- Leuprolide-induced myopathyJay A Van Gerpen
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1746. 2002
- Delayed oral estradiol combined with leuprolide increases endometriosis-related painB S Hurst
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
JSLS 4:97-101. 2000..To determine if low-dose estrogen replacement can be added to GnRH agonist therapy after three months to reduce hypoestrogenic symptoms while allowing continued relief of pain in patients with endometriosis...
- Comparison of three doses of leuprolide acetate in the treatment of central precocious puberty: preliminary resultsVeronica Mericq
Institute of Maternal and Child Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Casilla 226 3, Santiago, Chile
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 71:686-90. 2009..The goal of our study was to compare the efficacy of three leuprolide acetate (LA) preparations, suppressing gonadotropin secretion in patients with CPP.
- Stability of poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) and leuprolide acetate in in-situ forming drug delivery systemsW Y Dong
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 115:158-67. 2006..The chemical stability of PLGA and the drug is a major concern. In this study, the stability of PLGA and leuprolide acetate in the in-situ forming systems and lyophilized sponges was investigated...
- Leuprolide acetate depot and hormonal add-back in endometriosis: a 12-month study. Lupron Add-Back Study GroupM D Hornstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Obstet Gynecol 91:16-24. 1998To evaluate the efficacy and safety of a GnRH agonist, leuprolide acetate depot, alone and in combination with three hormonal add-back regimens in the management of endometriosis-associated pelvic pain.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome associated with the use of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist leuprolide acetateK Droesch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, State University of New York at Stony Brook 11794 8091
Fertil Steril 62:189-90. 1994..It is possible that this patient with multiple ovarian cysts, each 2 to 3 cm in size, is at increased risk for a paradoxical stimulatory rather than inhibitory response to GnRH-a...
- Failure to achieve castration levels in patients using leuprolide acetate in locally advanced prostate cancerOlav Erich Yri
Department of Oncology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Health Enterprise, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Eur Urol 49:54-8; discussion 58. 2006..In a cross-sectional, retrospective, non-randomised study to investigate the possibility that some patients treated with luteinizing hormone releasing hormone analogues (LHRH analogues) fail to reach castration levels of serum testosterone...
- A single luteinizing hormone determination 2 hours after depot leuprolide is useful for therapy monitoring of gonadotropin-dependent precocious puberty in girlsVinicius N Brito
Hospital das Clínicas Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Disciplina de Endocrinologia e Metabologia, Avenue Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar, 155 2 degrees andar Bloco 6, 05403900, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4338-42. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the hormonal parameters for monitoring the adequacy of depot leuprolide acetate treatment in girls with clinical and hormonal diagnosis of gonadotropin-dependent precocious puberty...
- Effects of GnRH analogues, 'add-back' steroid therapy, antiestrogen and antiprogestins on leiomyoma and myometrial smooth muscle cell growth and transforming growth factor-beta expressionN Chegini
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 8:1071-8. 2002..Leiomyoma and myometrial smooth muscle cells (LSMC and MSMC) were isolated and exposed to GnRH agonist (leuprolide acetate, LA), 17beta-estradiol (E2), medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA), GnRH antagonist (Antide), estrogen ..
- Effectiveness, pharmacokinetics, and safety of a new sustained-release leuprolide acetate 3.75-mg depot formulation for testosterone suppression in patients with prostate cancer: a Phase III, open-label, international multicenter studyMichael Marberger
Department of Urology, Vienna University Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Clin Ther 32:744-57. 2010A microencapsulated, sustained-release formulation of leuprolide acetate 3.75 mg has been developed.
- Leuprolide stimulation testing for the evaluation of early female sexual maturationAnpalakan Sathasivam
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 73:375-81. 2010..Low concentrations of serum LH and/or oestradiol (E(2)) in girls with early physical signs of precocious puberty pose a diagnostic challenge...
- Hetero-stereocomplexes of D-poly(lactic acid) and the LHRH analogue leuprolide. Application in controlled releaseJoram Slager
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, Faculty of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 58:461-9. 2004..complexes were obtained by mixing acetonitrile solutions of enantiomeric D-poly(lactic acid) (d-PLA) and leuprolide, an L-configured nonapeptide LHRH analogue...
- Comparison of artificial neural network and multiple linear regression in the optimization of formulation parameters of leuprolide acetate loaded liposomesN Arulsudar
New Drug Delivery Systems Laboratory, Pharmacy Department, M S University of Baroda, Vadodara, India
J Pharm Pharm Sci 8:243-58. 2005..optimize the effect of formulation variables on the percent drug entrapment (PDE) of the liposomes encapsulating leuprolide acetate by reverse phase evaporation method using Artificial neural network (ANN) and Multiple linear regression ..
- The efficacy and safety of degarelix: a 12-month, comparative, randomized, open-label, parallel-group phase III study in patients with prostate cancerLaurence Klotz
Division of Urology, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, ON, Canada
BJU Int 102:1531-8. 2008..the efficacy and safety of degarelix, a new gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist (blocker), vs leuprolide for achieving and maintaining testosterone suppression in a 1-year phase III trial involving patients with ..
- Leuprolide acetate plus aromatase inhibition for male breast cancerSharon H Giordano
J Clin Oncol 24:e42-3. 2006
- Comparative analysis of six months formulation of LHRH analogues for prostate cancer treatmentFelipe Herranz Amo
Urology Service, University General Hospital Gregorio Marañon, Madrid, Spain
Arch Esp Urol 63:275-81. 2010..To perform comparative analysis of the efficacy and the safety of six months formulation of LHRH analogues indicated for prostate cancer treatment...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of depot leuprorelinPiero Periti
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, Universita di Firenze, Via XX Settembre 104, 50129 Florence, Italy
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:485-504. 2002..In general, regular or depot leuprorelin treatment is well tolerated. Local reactions are more common after application of the 3- or 4-month depot in comparison with the 1-month depot...
- Efficacy over time of LHRH analogs in the treatment of PCa--a prospective analysis using serum testosterone to determine dosing intervalsS Greil
Department of Surgery, Section Urology and Department of Internal Medicine, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
Urology 73:631-4. 2009..the duration of serum testosterone and prostate-specific antigen suppression after each dose of a 4-month depot leuprolide acetate for 18 months and to assess the potential for using serum testosterone as a guide for redosing the ..
- Tibolone reverses the cognitive effects caused by leuprolide acetate administration, improving mood and quality of life in patients with symptomatic uterine leiomyomasStefano Palomba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Fertil Steril 90:165-73. 2008..To investigate the effects of tibolone co-administration with GnRH agonist treatment in terms of cognition, mood, and quality of life...
- Subcutaneous depot medroxyprogesterone acetate versus leuprolide acetate in the treatment of endometriosis-associated painP G Crosignani
I Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica Università di Milano, Via Commenda 12 20122 Milano, Italy
Hum Reprod 21:248-56. 2006A clinical study compared efficacy and safety of depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) with leuprolide for endometriosis-associated pain.
- Effect of leuprolide and cetrorelix on cell growth, apoptosis, and GnRH receptor expression in primary cell cultures from human prostate carcinomaEnrique Castellón
Physiology and Biophysics Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Cancer Invest 24:261-8. 2006..We addressed the issue studying the effect of leuprolide (agonist) and cetrorelix (antagonist) on cell growth, apoptosis and GnRH receptor expression using a primary ..
- Effects of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone and arginine-vasotocin on the sperm-release response of Günther's Toadlet, Pseudophryne guentheriAimee J Silla
School of Animal Biology, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:139. 2010....
- Leuprorelin acetate granulomas: recurrent subcutaneous nodules mimicking metastatic deposits at injections sitesM Saxby
BJU Int 91:125. 2003
- Novel O-palmitoylscleroglucan-coated liposomes as drug carriers: development, characterization and interaction with leuprolideM Carafa
Dept Scienze del Farmaco, University G D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini, 66100 Chieti, Italy
Int J Pharm 325:155-62. 2006..b>Leuprolide, a synthetic superpotent agonist of luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH) receptor, was chosen as a model ..
- Prolongation of growth by treatment of 11-hydroxylase deficiency with depot-leuprolide, growth hormone, and hydrocortisoneLaura J Chalmers
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:1251-5. 2006..known hypothalamic priming resulting in early pubertal development could be averted by delaying puberty with leuprolide; also that effects of hydrocortisone and leuprolide on attenuating growth could be counteracted by growth ..
- Single-dose depot leuprolide is as efficient as daily short-acting leuprolide in ICSI cyclesM Isikoglu
Antalya IVF, 07080 Antalya, Turkey
Hum Reprod 22:1657-61. 2007..88 mg) reduced dose with a daily low dose (0.5 mg/day) of leuprolide for pituitary suppression as part of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) in an ICSI program.
- 6-month androgen suppression plus radiation therapy vs radiation therapy alone for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer: a randomized controlled trialAnthony V D'Amico
Department of Radiation Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
JAMA 292:821-7. 2004....
- Kinetics of serum androgen normalization and factors associated with testosterone reserve after limited androgen deprivation therapy for nonmetastatic prostate cancerJames L Gulley
Center for Cancer Research, Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Urol 180:1432-7; discussion 1437. 2008..To our knowledge this represents the largest study using monthly testosterone and dihydroxytestosterone measurement to evaluate the kinetics of androgen recovery following limited androgen deprivation therapy...
- Leuprorelin acetate granulomas: case reports and review of the literatureK Yasukawa
Department of Dermatology, National Hospital Organization Hokkaido Cancer Centre, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Br J Dermatol 152:1045-7. 2005..Dermatologists need to know that depot leuprorelin acetate may cause a granulomatous reaction which produces a subcutaneous nodule that might be misdiagnosed as a malignant tumour...
- Decrease of genital organ weights and plasma testosterone levels in rats following oral administration of leuprolide microemulsionJack Y Zheng
Global Pharmaceutical R and D, Formulation Development Center, Abbott Laboratories, North Chicago, IL 60064 6246, USA
Int J Pharm 307:209-15. 2006Studies were conducted to develop oral leuprolide microemulsions using oleic acid as an absorption enhancer and to evaluate its absorption and pharmacological responses in rats...
- A preliminary pharmacokinetic study of liposomal leuprolide dry powder inhaler: a technical noteAliasgar Shahiwala
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, Kalabhavan, M S University of Baroda, Vadodara 390 001, Gujarat, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 6:E482-6. 2005
- Safety and clinical efficacy of a new 6-month depot formulation of leuprorelin acetate in patients with prostate cancer in EuropeU W Tunn
Urological Department, Städtisches Klinikum, Offenbach, Germany
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 12:83-7. 2009..25 mg leuprorelin acetate in the treatment of prostate cancer...
- A 12-month clinical study of LA-2585 (45.0 mg): a new 6-month subcutaneous delivery system for leuprolide acetate for the treatment of prostate cancerE David Crawford
Section of Urologic Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Urol 175:533-6. 2006The safety, efficacy and pharmacokinetics of LA-2585, a new 6-month subcutaneous depot of leuprolide acetate (Atrix Laboratories, Fort Collins, Colorado) were investigated in patients with prostate cancer.
- A phase 3, multicenter, open label, randomized study of abarelix versus leuprolide plus daily antiandrogen in men with prostate cancerJohn Trachtenberg
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Urol 167:1670-4. 2002....
- Subcutaneous injection of depot medroxyprogesterone acetate compared with leuprolide acetate in the treatment of endometriosis-associated painWilliam D Schlaff
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Fertil Steril 85:314-25. 2006To compare the efficacy and safety of SC depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA-SC 104) with that of leuprolide acetate in treatment of endometriosis.
- Treatment with leuprolide acetate and hormonal add-back for up to 10 years in stage IV endometriosis patients with chronic pelvic painMohamed A Bedaiwy
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, and the Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 86:220-2. 2006..One patient stopped her treatment on two occasions to conceive and was successful each time with delivery of a normal baby. No patient had return of pelvic pain after HT add-back...
- Treatment with leuprolide acetate decreases the threshold of the ventilatory response to carbon dioxide in healthy malesJason H Mateika
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Physiol 561:637-46. 2004..In response to treatment with leuprolide acetate, the threshold measured in wakefulness decreased during carbon dioxide rebreathing in the presence of ..
- Profound luteinizing hormone suppression after stopping the gonadotropin-releasing hormone-agonist leuprolide acetateU Sungurtekin
Sydney IVF Center, New South Wales, Australia
Fertil Steril 63:663-5. 1995To compare levels of serum LH during continued use of leuprolide acetate (LA) with levels during the first week after discontinuing LA.
- Longstanding survival without cancer progression in a patient affected by endometrial carcinoma treated primarily with leuprolideI Noci
Department of Gynaecology, Perinatal Medicine and Human Reproduction, University of Florence, Viale G B Morgagni 85, 50134, Firenze, Italy
Br J Cancer 85:333-6. 2001We report here a case of a patient affected by endometrial cancer and treated primarily with leuprolide, the surgical approach being unfeasible due to her compromised conditions...
- RCT of GnRH-a for ovarian protection during CYC therapy for rheumatic diseaseWILLIAM J MC CUNE; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed clinical trial will evaluate the ability of a drug (leuprolide acetate, which is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist) to protect ovaries in patients receiving a specific ..
- Excess androgen production in overweight pubertal girls--precursor to PCOSCHRISTINE MICHELE BURT SOLORZANO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 will use low-dose hydrocortisone and leuprolide therapy to test whether short-term suppression of adrenocorticotropin or gonadotropin production can reduce ..
- CONTROLLED RELEASE OF MACROMOLECULESROBERT SAMUEL LANGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, we propose to develop combinatorial libraries of new materials with the specific goal of generating clinically useful, non-viral methods for gene therapy. ..
- Hot Flash Research Tool for Broad Population Research StudiesGARY D HAVEY; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The proposed project develops technology for researchers studying hot flashes in men and women. ..
- OVARIAN STEROIDS AND CALCIUM HOMEOSTASISNEIL BRESLAU; Fiscal Year: 1991..Chronic administration of the GnRH analogue leuprolide has been shown to suppress gonadotropins and ovarian steroids to castrate levels...
- UNDERSTANDING OVARIAN CONTROL IN RARE BIOMEDICAL MODELSKATHARINE PELICAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..will combine basic and applied research to characterize the female response to four ovarian cycle inhibitors: 1) leuprolide acetate (Lupron), a gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist; 2) Antide, a GnRH antagonist; 3) ..
- Treatment of Endometriosis-Associated Pelvic PainDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2007..The only FDA approved 12-month treatment for endometriosis-associated pain is a combination of leuprolide acetate (a GnRH analog), 11.25 mg IM q 12 weeks, and norethindrone acetate, 5 mg PO daily...
- Targeting Stealth Liposome for Cancer Gene TherapyEsther Chang; Fiscal Year: 2002..These agents have combined annual sales of $1.7 billion, despite the fact that they are merely palliative. ..
- CONTROLLED RELEASE OF ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTORMaria Rupnick; Fiscal Year: 2001..End of Abstract) ..
- REPRODUCTIVE PHYSIOLOGY OF OVARIAN FAILURENanette Santoro; Fiscal Year: 1992..All 3 agents selected: estradiol, GnRH agonist (leuprolide acetate), and corticosteroids (prednisone) have been previously suggested , in uncontrolled reports, to increase ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL/INDUSTRIAL TOXICANTS AND TESTICULAR INJURYKim Boekelheide; Fiscal Year: 2003..Second, irreversible injury can be rescued by lowering the intratesticular testosterone concentration with leuprolide. Three Specific Aims are designed to exploit this new information as follows: 1) using the Fas ligand deficient ..
- Ovarian Hormone Suppression, Cognition, and MoodLisa Cox; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study will investigate the effects of a 3-month intervention period of leuprolide acetate on cognitive function and mood to accomplish the following specific aims: 1...
- Ovarian Cancer: Strategies for consolidationPaul Sabbatini; Fiscal Year: 2006..A series of phase I/II trials are proposed: 1) Phase II study of bicalutamide/leuprolide, 2) Phase I/II study with Sugen-6668, 3)Phase I/II study with an endothelin receptor antagonist...
- ADAM: Androgen Deprivation vs. Antiandrogen MonotherapyMatthew Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..Subjects will be randomly assigned to leuprolide or bicalutamide (150 milligrams by mouth daily) for 12 months...
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanistic bases for age-related androgen deficiencyJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowing why testosterone falls should help foster new and safer ways to prevent the problem. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- Analytical Reconstruction of Feedback Signaling in Aging MenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The present proposal develops a general biomathematical framework for dissecting otherwise observed pathways that control hormone output in aging, stress and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SEX HORMONES AND BODY FLUID REGULATIONNINA STACHENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2003..temporarily inhibit sex steroid hormone secretion in young women with the gondotropin releasing-hormone analog, leuprolide acetate, and then isolate the effects of estrogen and progesterone on body water and sodium regulation by adding ..
- Estrogen & Progesterone Effects on Orthostatic ToleranceNINA STACHENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also expect that the data in these studies will provide a basis to study the impact of sex hormones on diseases related to compromised peripheral circulation, such as hypertension, Raynaud's phenomenon and diabetes ..
- NUCLEOPROTEINS IN MAMMALIAN SPERMATOGENESISMarvin Meistrich; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus they provide a well-defined model system for study of human infertility. ..
- TUMT verses Medical Therapy in Treatment of BPHE Crawford; Fiscal Year: 2005..The PI has enlisted the support of consultants who will assist in this important evaluation. The results of this analysis will be critical in allocating health care resources. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF ESTROGEN'S MOOD EFFECT IN MENOPAUSAL WOMENHadine Joffe; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such training will lay the foundation for a career of clinical investigation into the physiology of perimenopausal depression and the impact of hot flushes on sleep, mood, and quality-of-life. ..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF ESTROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORSMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These data will provide not only a better understanding of the biology of SERMs but will also help clinicians and patients evaluate of these compounds on behavioral health. ..
- Effects of ovarian suppression on substrate metabolismMICHAEL TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2007..Women will be randomized to receive the gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist leuprolide acetate or placebo...
- Skeletal muscle contractile dysfunction in heart failureMICHAEL TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our findings will also provide information regarding the utility of resistance exercise training to improve single muscle fiber function, as well as whole muscle performance and whole body physical function in heart failure patients. ..
- SKELETAL MUSCLE PROTEIN METABOLISM IN HEART FAILUREMICHAEL TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will provide new information regarding the pathophysiological mechanisms responsible for the loss of skeletal muscle mass and strength in heart failure patients. ..
- Neuroendocrine mediation of socially induced anovulationMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will clarify the neuroendocrine mechanisms mediating socially-induced gonadotropin deficiency and will thus enhance the ability of health providers to diagnose and treat FHCA in women. ..
- The Molecular Basis of Ovarian Testosterone ProductionRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of this proposal is to understand the factors regulating the production of testosterone in women, particularly in their ovaries. ..
- FREE PLASMA SEX HORMONE AND ANDROGEN ACTIONRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- SKELETAL MUSCLE PROTEIN METABOLISM IN HEART FAILUREMICHAEL TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2001..These experiments will provide new information regarding the pathophysiological mechanisms responsible for the loss of skeletal muscle protein quality and quantity in heart failure patients. ..
- Population-Based Reference Ranges for TestosteroneVASAN S RAMACHANDRAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..These steps will facilitate the development of rational criteria for classifying men into androgen-deficient and androgen-replete categories. ..
- Amyloid-beta: The Alternate HypothesisMark Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of the proposed studies will help determine the role of Aft and, more importantly, guide future therapeutic targets. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of the von Hippel-Lindau ProteinPaul Corn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DST and Suicide PredictionElizabeth Young; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- BIOLOGY OF COMORBID DEPRESSION AND ANXIETYElizabeth Young; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these studies will provide data on whether the biology of these disorders support the nosological distinction between panic disorder, pure major depression and major depression with co-morbid panic disorder. ..
- SARCOPENIA--TESTOSTERONE DOSE RESPONSE IN OLDER MENShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Cycle Inhibitors in Alzheimer DiseaseMark Smith; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Growth Hormone Secretory Dynamics in Peripubertal GirlsSteven Pincus; Fiscal Year: 2002..In particular, collaborations with pharmaceutical companies who manufacture growth hormone. ..
- Impact of intermittent hypoxia on ventilatory drive and apnea severityJASON HAROLD MATEIKA; Fiscal Year: 2010..This treatment could be particularly useful in individuals who suffer from mild or moderate forms of OSA when used in conjunction with other potential innovative therapies. ..
- Pycnogenol for Treatment of Arm LymphedemaPaul Hutson; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the successful completion of this research can be expected to provide an alternative therapy and new instruments for treating and measuring lymphedema. ..
- Mechanisms of Testosterone Effects on Body CompositionShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Testosterone:Physical Function in Men on HemodialysisShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, if successful, this study should help identify a therapeutic intervention that might improve physical function and reduce disability in men with end stage renal disease. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR IN PROSTATE CANCER METASTASISDan Theodorescu; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment Outcomes of Vascular DepressionPUDUGRAMAM DORAISWAMY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed trial will provide information of value to the practitioner and also provide data to build a more comprehensive model of the prognostic impact of frontal-subcortical brain changes on the outcome of late-life depression. ..
- HPA Axis in Depression and AnxietyElizabeth Young; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKBruce Carr; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the reproductive endocrinology research team is experienced in multi- center clinical trials and is committed to collaborative participation consistent with the goals of the RMU network. ..
- Development of Inventory of Depressive SymptomatologyPUDUGRAMAM DORAISWAMY; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., anxiety, irritability) (IDS-C and SR) that are in the public domain for use with patients across the age spans seen in practice and in research. ..
- TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT & PHYSICAL FUNCTION IN HIV+MENShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study should help identify a therapeutic intervention that might improve physical function in HIV-infected men with weight loss, and enhance our understanding of the mechanisms by which testosterone stimulates muscle accretion. ..
- Sleep, Metabolic, and Cardiovascular Dysfunction in PCOSDavid Ehrmann; Fiscal Year: 2006..parameters, women with PCOS will be randomized to an 8-week treatment phase with pioglitazone or depot leuprolide plus estrogerdprogestin replacement or placebo...
- Cognitive Effects of Opioids in Older AdultsMonique Cherrier; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HOX GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN ENDOMETRIUMHugh Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further characterize the molecular mechanisms by which HOX expression is related to normal and pathologic endometrial development. ..
- Effect of GnRH antagonist on primordial follicle survival in the primate ovaryDOUGLAS DANFORTH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of 5-alpha Reductase in Testosterone ActionsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- FEMALE SEXUAL AROUSAL: CLITORAL AND VAGINAL PHYSIOLOGYAbdulmaged Traish; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Testosterone Modulation of Response to Phosphodiesterase InhibitorsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2009....