Genomes and Genes
extracellular signal regulated map kinases
Summary: A mitogen-activated protein kinase subfamily that is widely expressed and plays a role in regulation of MEIOSIS; MITOSIS; and post mitotic functions in differentiated cells. The extracellular signal regulated MAP kinases are regulated by a broad variety of CELL SURFACE RECEPTORS and can be activated by certain CARCINOGENS.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Growth factor-induced MAPK network topology shapes Erk response determining PC-12 cell fateSilvia D M Santos
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Cell Biology and Biophysics, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 9:324-30. 2007..These results show that growth factor context determines the topology of the MAPK signalling network and that the resulting dynamics govern cell fate...
- An Akt/beta-arrestin 2/PP2A signaling complex mediates dopaminergic neurotransmission and behaviorJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Cell Biology, Center for Models of Human Disease, Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cell 122:261-73. 2005....
- RhoA GTPase inactivation by statins induces osteosarcoma cell apoptosis by inhibiting p42/p44-MAPKs-Bcl-2 signaling independently of BMP-2 and cell differentiationO Fromigue
INSERM U606, University Paris 7, IFR 139, Lariboisiere Hospital, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Cell Death Differ 13:1845-56. 2006..Thus, lipophilic statins induce caspase-dependent osteosarcoma cell apoptosis by a RhoA-p42/p44 MAPKs-Bcl-2-mediated mechanism, independently of BMP-2 signaling and cell differentiation...
- Mitogenic signaling pathways induced by G protein-coupled receptorsEnrique Rozengurt
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1786, USA
J Cell Physiol 213:589-602. 2007..The purpose of this article is to review recent advances in defining the pathways that play a role in transducing mitogenic responses induced by GPCR agonists...
- Phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of the oral, small-molecule mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) in patients with advanced cancersAlex A Adjei
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2139-46. 2008..To assess the tolerability, pharmacokinetics (PKs), and pharmacodynamics (PDs) of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK) 1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) in patients with advanced cancer...
- Regulation of Raf-1 by direct feedback phosphorylationMichele K Dougherty
Laboratory of Protein Dynamics and Signaling, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Mol Cell 17:215-24. 2005..These findings elucidate a critical Raf-1 regulatory mechanism that contributes to the sensitive, temporal modulation of Ras signaling...
- Erk associates with and primes GSK-3beta for its inactivation resulting in upregulation of beta-cateninQingqing Ding
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell 19:159-70. 2005....
- Dynamics of the Ras/ERK MAPK cascade as monitored by fluorescent probesAki Fujioka
Department of Signal Transduction, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:8917-26. 2006..This prediction was confirmed experimentally by decreasing the level of Raf using the small interfering RNA technique. This observation verified the usefulness of the parameters collected in this study...
- Coordinating ERK/MAPK signalling through scaffolds and inhibitorsWalter Kolch
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow, G61 1BD, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6:827-37. 2005..Computational modelling indicates that, together, these modulators can determine the dynamic biological behaviour of the pathway...
- ERK1/2 inhibition attenuates cerebral blood flow reduction and abolishes ET(B) and 5-HT(1B) receptor upregulation after subarachnoid hemorrhage in ratSaema A S Beg
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:846-56. 2006..The results suggest that ERK1/2 inhibition might be a potential treatment for the prevention of cerebral vasospasm and ischemia associated with SAH...
- Sorafenib blocks the RAF/MEK/ERK pathway, inhibits tumor angiogenesis, and induces tumor cell apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma model PLC/PRF/5Li Liu
Department of Cancer Biology, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Cancer Res 66:11851-8. 2006....
- Ionotropic and metabotropic receptors, protein kinase A, protein kinase C, and Src contribute to C-fiber-induced ERK activation and cAMP response element-binding protein phosphorylation in dorsal horn neurons, leading to central sensitizationYasuhiko Kawasaki
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 24:8310-21. 2004....
- Highly active microbial phosphoantigen induces rapid yet sustained MEK/Erk- and PI-3K/Akt-mediated signal transduction in anti-tumor human gammadelta T-cellsDaniel V Correia
Molecular Immunology Unit, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
PLoS ONE 4:e5657. 2009....
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 regulates tumorigenic and invasive properties in vivoVandhana Muralidharan-Chari
Department of Biological Sciences, Freimann Life Science Center, and W M Keck Center for Transgene Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
Cancer Res 69:2201-9. 2009..These findings document an intricate role for ARF6 and the regulation of ERK activation in orchestrating mechanisms underlying melanoma growth, invasion, and metastases...
- Bim and the pro-survival Bcl-2 proteins: opposites attract, ERK repelsKatherine E Ewings
Laboratory of Molecular Signalling, The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, UK
Cell Cycle 6:2236-40. 2007..In this review we outline the significance of these new studies to our understanding of how BOPs such as Bim initiate apoptosis and how this process is regulated by growth factor-dependent signalling pathways...
- Mood stabilizer valproate promotes ERK pathway-dependent cortical neuronal growth and neurogenesisYanlei Hao
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4405, USA
J Neurosci 24:6590-9. 2004..This cascade of events provides a potential mechanism whereby mood stabilizers alleviate cerebral morphometric deficits associated with manic-depressive illness...
- In vitro, inhibition of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways protects against bupivacaine- and ropivacaine-induced neurotoxicityPhilipp Lirk
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Anesth Analg 106:1456-64, table of contents. 2008....
- MAPK signaling pathways in the regulation of hematopoiesisChristian R Geest
Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Leukoc Biol 86:237-50. 2009..In addition, the consequences of aberrant MAPK activation in the pathogenesis of various myeloid malignancies will be discussed...
- Targeted inhibition of transient activation of the EGFR-mediated cell survival pathway enhances paclitaxel-induced ovarian cancer cell deathLihua Qiu
Ob Gyn Department, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, P R China
Int J Oncol 27:1441-8. 2005..A combination of these inhibitors with paclitaxel may be a better option for ovarian cancer treatment...
- The extracellular signal-regulated kinase: multiple substrates regulate diverse cellular functionsSeunghee Yoon
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Growth Factors 24:21-44. 2006..Understanding of these processes may provide a full picture of the distinct, and even opposing cellular processes that are regulated by the ERK cascade...
- Activation of TRAP/mediator subunit TRAP220/Med1 is regulated by mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent phosphorylationPradeep K Pandey
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, UMDNJ, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10695-710. 2005..We propose that ERK-mediated phosphorylation is a regulatory mechanism that controls TRAP220/Med1 expression levels and modulates its functional activity...
- Ultrasound stimulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression and increases bone formation through integrin, focal adhesion kinase, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and Akt pathway in osteoblastsChih Hsin Tang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 1, Sec 1, Jen Ai Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 69:2047-57. 2006..Taken together, our results provide evidence that US stimulation increases COX-2 expression and promotes bone formation in osteoblasts via the integrin/FAK/PI3K/Akt and ERK signaling pathway...
- Epidermal growth factor induces G protein-coupled receptor 30 expression in estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cellsLidia Albanito
Department Pharmaco Biology, University of Calabria, 87030 Rende Cosenze, Italy
Endocrinology 149:3799-808. 2008..On the basis of our results, the action of EGF may include the up-regulation of GPR30 in facilitating a stimulatory role of estrogen, even in ER-negative breast tumor cells...
- Down-regulation of c-Myc following MEK/ERK inhibition halts the expression of malignant phenotype in rhabdomyosarcoma and in non muscle-derived human tumorsFrancesco Marampon
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Mol Cancer 5:31. 2006....
- Signal transduction of MEK/ERK and PI3K/Akt activation by hypoxia/reoxygenation in renal epithelial cellsDae Sik Kwon
Department of Physiology, Medical Research Institute, MRC for Ischemic Tissue Regeneration, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Eur J Cell Biol 85:1189-99. 2006..Activation of these kinases may be involved in the repair process during ischemia/reperfusion...
- Differential roles of NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in Ras-ERK signaling and AMPA receptor traffickingMyung Jong Kim
The Picower Center for Learning and Memory, RIKEN MIT Neuroscience Research Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Neuron 46:745-60. 2005..Preferential coupling of NR2B to SynGAP could explain the subtype-specific function of NR2B-NMDARs in inhibition of Ras-ERK, removal of synaptic AMPARs, and weakening of synaptic transmission...
- The Ras/Raf/ERK signalling pathway drives Schwann cell dedifferentiationMarie C Harrisingh
MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Department of Biochemistry, University College London, London, UK
EMBO J 23:3061-71. 2004..Our results suggest that the effects of Ras signalling on the differentiation state of Schwann cells may be important in the pathogenesis of these tumours...
- ERK implication in cell cycle regulationJean Claude Chambard
Institute of Signaling Developmental Biology and Cancer, CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice Sofia Antipolis, Centre A Lacassagne, 33 Avenue de Valombrose, 06189 Nice, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1299-310. 2007..Finally, ERK and AKT targets being constitutively activated in so many human cancers, we briefly touched the cure issue of using more specific drugs in rationally selected cancer patients...
- Retina regeneration in the chick embryo is not induced by spontaneous Mitf downregulation but requires FGF/FGFR/MEK/Erk dependent upregulation of Pax6Jason R Spence
Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Mol Vis 13:57-65. 2007..To elucidate the early cellular events that take place during induction of retina regeneration in the embryonic chick, focusing on the relationship between fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling and the regulation of Pax6 and Mitf...
- Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 promotes cancer cell migration and invasion by inducing the expression of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9Heesang Song
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 69:879-86. 2009..Together, our data strongly suggest that LRP1 promotes glioblastoma cell migration and invasion by regulating the expression and function of MMP2 and MMP9 perhaps via an ERK-dependent signaling pathway...
- Growth factor signaling regulates elongation of RNA polymerase I transcription in mammals via UBF phosphorylation and r-chromatin remodelingVictor Stefanovsky
Cancer Research Centre and Department of Medical Biology, Laval University, Hotel Dieu de Quebec, 11 Cote du Palais, G1R 2J6 Québec, Canada
Mol Cell 21:629-39. 2006..The data suggest a mechanism for coordinating the cotranscriptional assembly of preribosomal particles...
- Signalling via the reperfusion injury signalling kinase (RISK) pathway links closure of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore to cardioprotectionSean M Davidson
The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute, University College London Hospitals and Medical School, London, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:414-9. 2006..These results indicate that activation of the PI3K-Akt pro-survival kinase pathway inhibits opening of the mPTP, and demonstrate an important link between the survival kinases and the mPTP...
- Phosphorylated ERK is a potential predictor of sensitivity to sorafenib when treating hepatocellular carcinoma: evidence from an in vitro studyZhe Zhang
Liver Cancer Institute, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
BMC Med 7:41. 2009..Pre-treatment pERK level has been shown to be associated with favorable response to such therapy in a phase II clinical study, indicating that pERK may be a potential biomarker for treatment of HCC with sorafenib...
- The scaffold protein Homer1b/c links metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 to extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase cascades in neuronsLimin Mao
Department of Basic Medical Science, University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Neurosci 25:2741-52. 2005..Both the Ca2+-dependent and -independent pathways are corequired to activate ERK1/2 to a level sufficient to achieve the mGluR5-dependent synapse-to-nucleus communication imperative for the transcriptional regulation...
- The RET/PTC-RAS-BRAF linear signaling cascade mediates the motile and mitogenic phenotype of thyroid cancer cellsRosa Marina Melillo
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR G Salvatore, Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Clin Invest 115:1068-81. 2005..Thus, motile and mitogenic properties are intrinsic to transformed thyroid cells and are governed by an epistatic oncogenic signaling cascade...
- Activity of the dual kinase inhibitor lapatinib (GW572016) against HER-2-overexpressing and trastuzumab-treated breast cancer cellsGottfried E Konecny
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, 12 145 Factor Building, 10945 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1678, USA
Cancer Res 66:1630-9. 2006..These observations provide a clear biological rationale to test lapatinib as a single agent or in combination with trastuzumab in HER-2-overexpressing breast cancer and in patients with clinical resistance to trastuzumab...
- Aldosterone stimulates collagen gene expression and synthesis via activation of ERK1/2 in rat renal fibroblastsYukiko Nagai
Research Equipment Center, Kagawa Medical University, Kagawa, Japan
Hypertension 46:1039-45. 2005..These results suggest that aldosterone stimulates collagen gene expression and synthesis via MR-mediated ERK1/2 activation in renal fibroblasts, which may contribute to the progression of aldosterone-induced tubulointerstitial fibrosis...
- Developmental downregulation of histone posttranslational modifications regulates visual cortical plasticityElena Putignano
Scuola Normale Superiore, Neurobiology Laboratory, Area Ricerca CNR, Via Moruzzi, 1 Pisa 56125, Italy
Neuron 53:747-59. 2007..Thus, differing, experience-dependent activations of signaling molecules might be at the basis of the differences in experience-dependent plasticity between juvenile and adult cortex...
- Atypical mitogen-activated protein kinases: structure, regulation and functionsPhillipe Coulombe
Institut de Recherche en Immunologie et Cancérologie and Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1376-87. 2007..Atypical MAP kinases include ERK3/ERK4, NLK and ERK7. Much less is known about the regulation, substrate specificity and physiological functions of atypical MAP kinases...
- Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-1 and epidermal growth factor receptor: critical regulators of beta-defensins during Helicobacter pylori infectionParjeet K Boughan
Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guildford St, London WC1N 1EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:11637-48. 2006....
- HIV protease inhibitor lopinavir-induced TNF-alpha and IL-6 expression is coupled to the unfolded protein response and ERK signaling pathways in macrophagesLi Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 78:70-7. 2009....
- Advances in targeting the Ras/Raf/MEK/Erk mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade with MEK inhibitors for cancer therapyBret B Friday
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:342-6. 2008..Herein, we review the MAPK pathway, the development of small-molecule MEK inhibitors, and the results obtained to date with MEK inhibitors in human cancer trials...
- Membrane accumulation of influenza A virus hemagglutinin triggers nuclear export of the viral genome via protein kinase Calpha-mediated activation of ERK signalingHenju Marjuki
Institute for Medical Virology, Justus Liebig University, Frankfurter Strasse 107, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:16707-15. 2006..This may represent an auto-regulative mechanism that coordinates timing of RNP export to a point when all viral components are ready for virus budding...
- Induction of nitric oxide synthase and activation of signaling proteins in Anopheles mosquitoes by the malaria pigment, hemozoinLeyla Akman-Anderson
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Infect Immun 75:4012-9. 2007..Together with our previous findings, our data indicate that parasite signaling of innate immunity is conserved in mosquito and mammalian cells...
- Germline mutations in genes within the MAPK pathway cause cardio-facio-cutaneous syndromePablo Rodriguez-Viciana
Comprehensive Cancer Center and Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Science 311:1287-90. 2006..Our findings highlight the involvement of the MAPK pathway in human development and will provide a molecular diagnosis of CFC syndrome...
- The endocannabinoid anandamide protects neurons during CNS inflammation by induction of MKP-1 in microglial cellsEva Eljaschewitsch
Institute of Immunology, Medical Faculty, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Neuron 49:67-79. 2006..The release of AEA in injured CNS tissue might therefore represent a new mechanism of neuro-immune communication during CNS injury, which controls and limits immune response after primary CNS damage...
- The mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) induces growth arrest in melanoma cells and tumor regression when combined with docetaxelNikolas K Haass
The Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:230-9. 2008..This study addresses the anti-melanoma activity of the MEK inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886)...
- Tristetraprolin regulates TNF TNF-alpha mRNA stability via a proteasome dependent mechanism involving the combined action of the ERK and p38 pathwaysKristen M Deleault
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, 1 Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Mol Immunol 45:13-24. 2008..Together these data indicate that the proteasome is a critical control point for TTP mediated TNF-alpha mRNA decay and activation of both ERK and p38 is required to inhibit TTP function and stabilize TNF-alpha mRNA...
- The forced swimming-induced behavioural immobility response involves histone H3 phospho-acetylation and c-Fos induction in dentate gyrus granule neurons via activation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate/extracellular signal-regulated kinase/mitogen- and stress-aYalini Chandramohan
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, University of Bristol, Whitson Street, Bristol BS1 3NY, UK
Eur J Neurosci 27:2701-13. 2008..We conclude that the forced swimming-induced behavioural immobility response requires histone H3 phospho-acetylation and c-Fos induction in distinct dentate granule neurons through recruitment of the NMDA/ERK/MSK 1/2 pathway...
- Phase II study of sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaGhassan K Abou-Alfa
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, York, NY 10022, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4293-300. 2006..This phase II study of sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor that targets Raf kinase and receptor tyrosine kinases, assessed efficacy, toxicity, pharmacokinetics, and biomarkers in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients...
- Differential migration, LPS-induced cytokine, chemokine, and NO expression in immortalized BV-2 and HAPI cell lines and primary microglial culturesRyan J Horvath
Department of Pharmacology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
J Neurochem 107:557-69. 2008..These results indicate that BV-2 and HAPI cell cultures only partially model primary microglia and that their use should therefore be carefully considered...
- CEP-1347 reduces mutant huntingtin-associated neurotoxicity and restores BDNF levels in R6/2 miceBarbara L Apostol
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:8-20. 2008..These studies suggest a novel therapeutic approach for a currently untreatable neurodegenerative disease, HD, via CEP-1347 up-regulation of BDNF...
- APC inhibits ERK pathway activation and cellular proliferation induced by RASKi Sook Park
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Cell Sci 119:819-27. 2006..APC regulates cellular proliferation and transformation induced by activation of both RAS and beta-catenin signaling...
- SIRT1 overexpression antagonizes cellular senescence with activated ERK/S6k1 signaling in human diploid fibroblastsJing Huang
Peking University Research Center on Aging, Beijing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 3:e1710. 2008..These findings suggested that SIRT1-promoted cell proliferation and antagonized cellular senescence in human diploid fibroblasts may be, in part, via the activation of ERK/ S6K1 signaling...
- A chromatin-bound kinase, ERK8, protects genomic integrity by inhibiting HDM2-mediated degradation of the DNA clamp PCNAAngela L Groehler
Department of Microbiology and Center for Cell Signaling, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 190:575-86. 2010..Our results reveal an unanticipated mechanism to control PCNA levels in normal cycling mammary epithelial cells and implicate ERK8 in the regulation of genomic stability...
- Bisindolylmaleimide I suppresses fibroblast growth factor-mediated activation of Erk MAP kinase in chondrocytes by preventing Shp2 association with the Frs2 and Gab1 adaptor proteinsPavel Krejci
Medical Genetics Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Biol Chem 282:2929-36. 2007..Moreover, treatment with PKClambda/zeta pseudosubstrate lead to significant reduction of FGF2-mediated activation of Erk, suggesting involvement of an atypical PKC...
- P38 and ERK mitogen-activated protein kinases mediate acrolein-induced apoptosis in Chinese hamster ovary cellsAndre Tanel
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, TOXEN, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, CP 8888, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3P8
Cell Signal 19:968-77. 2007....
- Regulation of growth factor signaling by FRS2 family docking/scaffold adaptor proteinsNoriko Gotoh
Division of Systems Biomedical Technology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo
Cancer Sci 99:1319-25. 2008....
- Both ERK and Wnt/beta-catenin pathways are involved in Wnt3a-induced proliferationMi Sun Yun
Department of Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Cell Sci 118:313-22. 2005..Wnt3a therefore stimulates the proliferation of fibroblast cells, at least in part, via activation of the ERK and Wnt/beta-catenin pathways...
- Activation of ERK/CREB pathway in spinal cord contributes to chronic constrictive injury-induced neuropathic pain in ratsXue Song Song
Department of Anesthesiology, First Clinical College of N Bethune Centre of Health Sciences, Jilin University, Changchun 130021, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 26:789-98. 2005....
- Role of group A p21-activated kinases in activation of extracellular-regulated kinase by growth factorsAlexander Beeser
Tumor Cell Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 280:36609-15. 2005..These findings suggest that Paks are required for the phosphorylation of c-Raf at Ser(338) in response to either growth factor, but that the mechanisms by which EGF and PDGF activate c-Raf are fundamentally different...
- Involvement of p42/p44 MAPK, JNK, and NF-kappaB in IL-1beta-induced ICAM-1 expression in human pulmonary epithelial cellsFeng Shu Lin
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 202:464-73. 2005..These results provide new insight into the mechanisms of IL-1beta action that cytokines may promote inflammatory responses in the airway disease...
- The Ras/Raf-1/MEK1/ERK signaling pathway coupled to integrin expression mediates cholinergic regulation of keratinocyte directional migrationAlexander I Chernyavsky
Department of Dermatology, University of California, School of Medicine, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39220-8. 2005..Both alpha7 and M(1) apparently engage the Ras/Raf/MEK/ERK pathway to up-regulate expression of the "sedentary" integrins required for stabilization of the lamellipodium at the keratinocyte leading edge...
- Regulatory mechanisms and function of ERK MAP kinasesSatoru Torii
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
J Biochem 136:557-61. 2004..Among them, Sprouty and Sef act as a temporal and a spatial regulator, respectively, for Ras/ERK signaling. Thus, multiple factors are involved in control of Ras/ERK signaling...
- cAMP and extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling in response to d-amphetamine and methylphenidate in the prefrontal cortex in vivo: role of beta 1-adrenoceptorsVincent Pascoli
INSERM UPMC UMR 536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 68:421-9. 2005..This activation could have behavioral consequences and contribute to the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...
- A positive feedback loop that regulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin F2alpha synthesis via the F-series-prostanoid receptor and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 signaling pathwayHenry N Jabbour
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, The University of Edinburgh, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, Scotland, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 146:4657-64. 2005..Finally, we have shown that PGF2alpha could potentiate tumorigenesis in endometrial adenocarcinoma explants by inducing the expression of COX-2 mRNA...
- Survival factor-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase phosphorylates BIM, inhibiting its association with BAX and proapoptotic activityHisashi Harada
Department of Internal Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15313-7. 2004..Thus, ERK/mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent phosphorylation of BIM in response to survival factor regulates BIM/BAX interaction and the pro-death activity of BIM...
- Requirement of extracellular signal-regulated kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase for long-term potentiation in adult mouse anterior cingulate cortexHiroki Toyoda
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Mol Pain 3:36. 2007..Thus, our study suggests that the MAPK signaling pathway is involved in the induction of cingulate LTP and plays a critical role in physiological conditions...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 up-regulation by hepatocyte growth factor in human dermal fibroblasts via ERK signaling pathway involves Ets1 and Fli1Masatoshi Jinnin
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 33:3540-9. 2005..These results suggest that HGF up-regulates MMP-1 expression via ERK signaling pathway through the balance of Ets1 and Fli1, which may be a novel mechanism of regulating MMP-1 gene expression...
- Pharmacologic inhibition of RAF-->MEK-->ERK signaling elicits pancreatic cancer cell cycle arrest through induced expression of p27Kip1Stephan Gysin
Cancer Research Institute and Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer Res 65:4870-80. 2005..Moreover, these data suggest that pharmacologic inhibition of the RAF-->MEK-->ERK signaling pathway alone might tend to have a cytostatic, as opposed to a cytotoxic, effect on pancreatic cancer cells...
- p14ARF triggers G2 arrest through ERK-mediated Cdc25C phosphorylation, ubiquitination and proteasomal degradationBeatrice Eymin
INSERM U578, Groupe de Recherche sur le Cancer du Poumon, Universite Joseph Fourier, La Tronche, France
Cell Cycle 5:759-65. 2006..Furthermore, they identify a new mechanism by which phosphorylation at serine 216 participates to Cdc25C inactivation...
- SDF-1alpha up-regulates interleukin-6 through CXCR4, PI3K/Akt, ERK, and NF-kappaB-dependent pathway in microgliaDah Yuu Lu
Graduate Institute of Neural and Cognitive Sciences, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Pharmacol 613:146-54. 2009..Our results demonstrate a mechanism linking SDF-1alpha and IL-6, and provide additional support for the notion that SDF-1alpha plays a regulatory role in microglia activation...
- Phosphorylation of Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase in medullary and upper cervical cord neurons following noxious tooth pulp stimulationKohei Shimizu
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Nihon University, 1 8 13 Kandasurugadai, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Brain Res 1072:99-109. 2006....
- The MAPK signalling pathways and colorectal cancerJing Yuan Fang
Shanghai Second Medical University Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai 200001, China
Lancet Oncol 6:322-7. 2005..Future challenges for the assessment of these targeted agents in the clinic are also presented...
- Ras-associated protein-1 regulates extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation and migration in melanoma cells: two processes important to melanoma tumorigenesis and metastasisLing Gao
Division of Dermatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cancer Res 66:7880-8. 2006..Taken together, these results show that Rap1 is involved in the activation of MAPK pathway and integrin activation in human melanoma and suggest a potential role for Rap1 in melanoma tumorigenesis and metastasis...
- The duration, magnitude and compartmentalization of ERK MAP kinase activity: mechanisms for providing signaling specificityMiki Ebisuya
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
J Cell Sci 118:2997-3002. 2005..Signaling by various extracellular stimuli thus could be modulated by these regulators to give qualitative and quantitative differences in ERK activity, which are then interpreted by the cells as determinants for appropriate responses...
- JunB induced by constitutive CD30-extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling activates the CD30 promoter in anaplastic large cell lymphoma and reed-sternberg cells of Hodgkin lymphomaMariko Watanabe
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Cancer Res 65:7628-34. 2005..These results show a common mechanism of CD30 overexpression in ALCL and HL, although the outcome of CD30 signaling differs between NPM-ALK-positive ALCL and NPM-ALK-negative ALCL, cutaneous ALCL, and HL as we recently reported...
- Graded mitogen-activated protein kinase activity precedes switch-like c-Fos induction in mammalian cellsJeffrey P Mackeigan
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4676-82. 2005....
- Src tyrosine kinase inhibitor PP2 suppresses ERK1/2 activation and epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation by X-irradiationZhiping Li
Department of Radiation Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:363-8. 2006..These data suggest that IR-induced ERK1/2 activation involves EGFR through a Src-dependent pathway that is distinct from EGFR ligand activation...
- ERK is sequentially activated in neurons, microglia, and astrocytes by spinal nerve ligation and contributes to mechanical allodynia in this neuropathic pain modelZhi Ye Zhuang
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pain 114:149-59. 2005..The sequential activation of ERK in dorsal horn microglia and then in astrocytes might reflect distinct roles for these two subtypes of glia in the temporal evolution of neuropathic pain...
- Hypoxia/reoxygenation stimulates proliferation through PKC-dependent activation of ERK and Akt in mouse neural progenitor cellsSang Min Sung
Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan 602 739, South Korea
Neurochem Res 32:1932-9. 2007..These pathways may be responsible for the repair process during ischemia/reperfusion...
- Roles of the Raf/MEK/ERK pathway in cell growth, malignant transformation and drug resistanceJames A McCubrey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Leo Jenkins Cancer Center, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1263-84. 2007....
- Activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase in the anterior cingulate cortex contributes to the induction and expression of affective painHong Cao
Institute of Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Neurosci 29:3307-21. 2009..All together, our results demonstrate that ERK activation in the rACC is required for the induction and expression of pain-related negative affect...
- Demonstration of a genetic therapeutic index for tumors expressing oncogenic BRAF by the kinase inhibitor SB-590885Alastair J King
Department of Oncology, MMPD CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Cancer Res 66:11100-5. 2006....
- Beta-arrestins and cell signalingScott M DeWire
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 69:483-510. 2007..Here, we review the signaling capacities of these versatile adapter molecules and discuss the possible implications for cellular processes such as chemotaxis and apoptosis...
- Hemispheric lateralization of a molecular signal for pain modulation in the amygdalaYarimar Carrasquillo
Washington University Pain Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S, Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8054, St, Louis, MO, 63110, USA
Mol Pain 4:24. 2008..These findings demonstrate that modulation of pain by ERK signaling in the CeA is functionally lateralized to the right hemisphere, suggesting a dominant role of the right amygdala in pain processing...
- Pharmacological switch in Abeta-fiber stimulation-induced spinal transmission in mice with partial sciatic nerve injuryMisaki Matsumoto
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
Mol Pain 4:25. 2008....
- Prediction and validation of the distinct dynamics of transient and sustained ERK activationSatoru Sasagawa
Undergraduate Program for Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 7:365-73. 2005..Therefore, the Ras and Rap1 systems capture the temporal rate and concentration of growth factors, and encode these distinct physical properties into transient and sustained ERK activation, respectively...
- Regulatory phosphorylation of Bim: sorting out the ERK from the JNKR Ley
Cell Death Differ 12:1008-14. 2005
- ERK and JNK signaling pathways are involved in the regulation of activator protein 1 and cell death elicited by three isothiocyanates in human prostate cancer PC-3 cellsChangjiang Xu
Department of Pharmaceutics, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 160 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:437-45. 2006..Taken together, our results indicate that the activation of the ERK and JNK signaling pathways is important for transcriptional activity of AP-1 and is involved in the regulation of cell death elicited by ITCs in PC-3 cells...
- Sustained activation of M-Ras induced by nerve growth factor is essential for neuronal differentiation of PC12 cellsPeng Sun
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, and Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Yayoicho, Inageku, Chiba, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Genes Cells 11:1097-113. 2006..Therefore, M-Ras is essential for neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells by inducing sustained activation of ERK pathway...
- Isoproterenol inhibits angiotensin II-stimulated proliferation and reactive oxygen species production in vascular smooth muscle cells through heme oxygenase-1Jung Eun Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 32:1047-52. 2009..These findings suggest that isoproterenol, via induction of HO-1, inhibits Ang II-stimulated proliferation and ROS production in cultured VSMCs...
- Anti-angiogenic activities of hypericin in vivo: potential for ophthalmologic applicationsGad Lavie
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion Center, Sheba Medical Center, 52621, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Angiogenesis 8:35-42. 2005..MT1-MMP activity in human microvascular endothelial cells was also inhibited. The findings identify hypericin as a potentially useful agent in the treatment of ophthalmic neovascularization pathogeneses...
- Ki67 expression levels are a better marker of reduced melanoma growth following MEK inhibitor treatment than phospho-ERK levelsK S M Smalley
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104, USA
Br J Cancer 96:445-9. 2007..Here, we demonstrate that there is a poor correlation between pERK inhibition and the anti-proliferative effects of MEK inhibitors in melanoma cells. We suggest that Ki67 is a better biomarker for future clinical studies...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 modulates nociceptive plasticity via extracellular signal-regulated kinase-Kv4.2 signaling in spinal cord dorsal horn neuronsHui Juan Hu
Washington University Pain Center and Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 27:13181-91. 2007..2-containing potassium channels in dorsal horn neurons. This modulation may contribute to nociceptive plasticity and central sensitization associated with chronic inflammatory pain conditions...
- Binding of IFITM1 enhances the inhibiting effect of caveolin-1 on ERK activationYe Xu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 41:488-94. 2009..These results revealed that the interaction between IFITM1 and CAV-1 could enhance the inhibitory effect of CAV-1 on ERK activation...
- Targeting MEK is effective chemoprevention of hepatocellular carcinoma in TGF-alpha-transgenic miceSabrina C Wentz
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1044 W Walnut St R4 039, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:30-7. 2008..Control and treated HCC demonstrated similar proliferation rates, but apoptosis appeared increased with treatment. MEK targeting is effective HCC chemoprevention, perhaps by lowering the apoptotic threshold...
- Wnt proteins prevent apoptosis of both uncommitted osteoblast progenitors and differentiated osteoblasts by beta-catenin-dependent and -independent signaling cascades involving Src/ERK and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKTMaria Almeida
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and the Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41342-51. 2005....
- Requirements for estrogen receptor alpha membrane localization and functionAlbert J Evinger
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, CA 92717, USA
Steroids 70:361-3. 2005..This leads to downstream signaling through ERK and PI3 kinase, imparting cell growth and survival...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 enhances proliferation in pancreatic cancer cells through AKT and ERK dependent pathwaysXiaoming Shen
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
Pancreas 39:81-7. 2010..Our objective was to determine if the CXCR4 targets AKT and ERK mediate CXCR4-dependent PanIN and pancreatic cancer proliferation...
- Phosphorylation and functional inactivation of TSC2 by Erk implications for tuberous sclerosis and cancer pathogenesisLi Ma
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell 121:179-93. 2005..Our findings position the Ras/MAPK pathway upstream of the TSC complex and suggest that Erk may modulate mTOR signaling and contribute to disease progression through phosphorylation and inactivation of TSC2...
- Aromatase regulation of paternal behavior and aggressionBRIAN TRAINOR; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, this proposal examines how aromatase mediates the effects of testosterone and social behavior. ..
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS AND CEREBRAL HEMODYNAMICS AFTER BRAINWilliam Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to therapies for brain injured children. ..
- Plasminogen activators and cerebral ischemic injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MECHANISMS OF TRANSFORMATION OF HEMATOPOIETIC CELLSJAMES MC CUBREY; Fiscal Year: 2001..An understanding of how these signal transduction and apoptotic pathways impinge upon one another will further our comprehension of the consequences of abnormal oncogene activation and tumor progression. ..
- Ras/Raf & PI3K/Akt Induced Breast Cancer Drug ResistanceJAMES MC CUBREY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Throughthese studies,moreinformationwillbe availableto treatbreast andothercancerpatientswithcombinationsof drugs,whichinhibitsignaltransductionand anti-apoptoticpathwaysleadingtodrug resistance. ..
- Estrogen receptors, photoperiod, and aggressionBRIAN TRAINOR; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research should provide a novel and important framework to understand how the environment interacts with ER function to modulate behavior. ..
- 2007 Vascular Cell Biology Gordon Research ConferenceBradford Berk; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- mTOR Regulation of VSMC DifferentiationEva Rzucidlo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term objective is to determine the signaling pathways which mediate the VSMC intimal hyperplastic response, with the aim of identifying novel, cell-type specific targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Nitric oxide mimetic NSAIDs for treatment of Alzheimer's DiseaseGREGORY THATCHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will yield a drug candidate for which amyloid load will be measured in transgenic models in subsequent research, providing the impetus for moving this drug candidate from discovery to the clinic. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mast Cells: Role in the Pathophysiology of HeadacheDan Levy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results may help identify pharmacological targets that could lead to the development of novel analgesic drugs for the treatment of headaches and possibly other intractable pain syndromes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anti-Selectin Blocker for Liver Ischemic InjuryLUIS TOLEDO PEREYRA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Treatment with TCB-1269 will enhance the quality of life of millions of patients suffering from the large number of maladies associated with ischemia/reperfusion ischemic maladies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Cell Signaling and AdhesionJOE RAMOS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, this work will elucidate the potential role of PEA-15 in the pathogenesis of cancer and diabetes. ..
- Metalloproteinase regulation of ErbB signaling in skinStefan Stoll; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 2 determines whether and in which contexts ADAM10 is involved in the shedding of ErbB ligands in human KCs. ..
- Heat shock proteins and alcohol induced liver injuryPranoti Mandrekar; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Phosphoserine Dependant Assembly of Signaling complexesMichael Yaffe; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preclin. model for prevention of NSCLC in former smokersHILDEGARD SCHULLER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- GABA Receptor Subunit Plasticity in EpilepsyCAROLYN HOUSER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The studies could identify new types of GABAR plasticity that could contribute to seizure activity and might also suggest cell-specific targets for pharmacological treatment of epilepsy and related disorders. ..
- Transgenic Mouse Model to Address Heterogeneity in Autism Spectrum DisordersRANDY DEAN BLAKELY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on exciting preliminary evidence that mice expressing Ala56 SERT exhibit multiple behavioral and biochemical phenotypes, we propose a two-year project to extend our studies and dissect the impact of SERT hyperfunction in vivo. ..
- Cannabinoids and Neuroimmune InteractionsEdgar Alfonso Romero Sandoval; Fiscal Year: 2010..The development of new drug strategies to treat acute and chronic pain safely and effectively will result in an invaluable improvement for millions of patients. ..
- CD44/VARIANT CYTOSKELETON IN BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY YW BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The function of RhoBTB proteinsSTEPHEN PAUL SOLTOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies may reveal a new pathway involved in the development of cancer and advance our understanding of the basic biology of transformation. ..
- Flavopiridol / Bortezomib in Myeloma / B-Cell NeoplasmsSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008..PERFORMANCE SITE ========================================Section End=========================================== ..
- Mitochondrial translocation of p53 and its interaction with manganese superoxide Yunfeng Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, these studies will help to understand the apoptotic mechanisms during tumorigenesis, leading to a better design of apoptosis-aimed cancer prevention. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Central Autonomic Orchestration of Blood PressureRajanikanth Vadigepalli; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Cardiac RegenerationDINENDER SINGLA; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from the proposed projects will have long-term implications for future cell-based therapy to treat heart disease (s) using embryonic stem cells or potentially other donor cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Surface Modulation of EGFR-Mediated DifferentiationSuil Kim; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Epigenetic toxicity of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbonsBrad Upham; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Promotion of Nucleoside Analog Induced Apoptosis by HDIsSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis in Sepsis: Regulation by TNF & delta-PKCLaurie Kilpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2006..4: Assess the role of delta-PKC in regulating the assembly of TNFalpha anti-apoptotic signaling complexes and their association with the p60TNFR. ..
- ROLE OF HUMAN GST PI POLYMORPHISM IN DRUG RESISTANCEShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies, in the long term, may be valuable in identifying subjects that may be at a higher risk for developing GST-mediated resistance to some alkylating agents. ..
- BONE SIALOPROTEIN: EXPRESSION & ROLE IN MINERALIZATIONRenny Franceschi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such knowledge is essential for designing new strategies for bone regeneration to treat trauma and pathological conditions such as osteoporosis and periodontal disease. ..
- MOLECULAR MEDIATORS OF DIABETIC RENAL HYPERTROPHYJohn Kyriakis; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies, they hope, will expand our knowledge of signal transduction in the diabetic kidney and contribute to the development of novel treatments for diabetic nephropathy using signaling components as targets. ..
- MECHANISM OF ANTICARCINOGENIC ACTIVITY--ORGANOSULFIDESShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003..Insights gained from these studies should help in devising practical dietary recommendation for humans. ..
- SATELLITE CELLS AND MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY: ROLE OF IGF-IGregory Adams; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed experiments will elucidate the role of the IGF-1 signaling system in the hypertrophy process. ..
- BRAIN ISCHEMIA AND MAP KINASE ACTIVATIONClifton Callaway; Fiscal Year: 2003..The conduct of this project will provide extensive opportunities for collaboration with other basic scientists at the University of Pittsburgh, and promote the candidate's growth as an independent researcher. ..
- Developmental Differences in Brain Androgen SynthesisSarah London; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also indicate potential regulatory mechanisms for androgen synthesis in other species, including humans. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL SIGNAL INTEGRATION BY FETAL LUNG FIBROBLASMatthew Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..By determining how Shc 66 regulates the growth of fibroblast precursors in the fetal and preterm neonatal lung, new strategies may be developed to attenuate the pathological fibroblast proliferation of BPD...
- POTENTIATION OF TAXANE ACTIVITY BY MEK/MAPK INHIBITORSSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information could provide a rationale for using novel MEK/MAP kinase inhibitors with in vivo activity to enhance the anti-tumor activity of taxanes in hematological and ultimately non-hematological malignancies. ..
- Gene transfer to the kidney using lentiviral vectorsFrank Park; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular bases of addictive memoriesCristina Alberini; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) To determine the behavioral specificity of the requirement for protein synthesis in addiction. 3) To determine whether the requirement for protein synthesis is a general mechanism underlying addictive memories. ..
- Toxicological Relevance of Human GST P1-1 PolymorphismShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NNK, Beta-Adrenergic AA Release and Lung CancerHILDEGARD SCHULLER; Fiscal Year: 2005..2. To determine which products of the AA cascade are formed in untreated cells and in response to NNK, which of these products stimulate DNA synthesis, and what downstream effectors are activated by these products. ..
- NOVEL GST AND DETOXICATION OF DIOL EPOXIDESShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the long-term, this knowledge will guide us in developing strategies for prevention of PAH-induced cancers in humans. ..
- ERK/MAPK Activation and Pain HypersensitivityRu Rong Ji; Fiscal Year: 2004..These results should provide insights into the role of intracellular signal transduction cascades in the pathogenesis of pain. ..
- Relevance of fish oil derived PGE3 to lung cancerRobert Newman; Fiscal Year: 2004..To evaluate the relative efficacy of EPA, DHA and fish oil (containing both fatty acids) in prevention of tumor growth and its correlation to alteration of eicosanoid metabolism in a mouse model of human lung cancer. ..
- Typhoon 9410 Variable Mode ImagerJohn Kyriakis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A Neurogenomic Model for Dopamine Transporter RegulationRandy Blakely; Fiscal Year: 2002..elegans DAT (CeDAT) expression in cultured DA neurons and 2) to develop a system where a combination of transgenic and proteomic approaches can be applied to permit the evaluation of hypothesized and novel DAT regulators. ..
- Role of Prostaglandins & Phospholipase A in melanocytesGlynis Scott; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that PG and phospholipases stimulate HM dendricity, MS transfer &pigmentation through different mechanisms that act synergistically to modulate cutaneous pigmentation following UVR. ..
- OPIOID AND ALCOHOL REGULATED IMMUNE FUNCTIONDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GABA Neurons and EpilepsyCAROLYN HOUSER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies could provide new evidence for GABA neuron plasticity in epilepsy that, rather than reducing epileptiform activity, could contribute to the epilepsy process through aberrant inhibitory circuits. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dysregulation of AT, receptor in Transgenic RatsMICHELLE CLARK; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MAP KINASE REGULATION OF OSTEOBLAST FUNCTIONRenny Franceschi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identification of a new protein that binds Src and PKCSTEPHEN SOLTOFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..Future efforts will determine if this new protein alters cell morphology, tight junction formation, or other functions in salivary cells. ..
- Attenuation of p53 Response to PAHs by Tumor PromotersJAGAT MUKHERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MSM: CR Multiscale analysis of epithelial patterning: m*Stanislav Shvartsman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The project will bring together researchers in biology, engineering and mathematics in an interdisciplinary research program aimed at bringing about new understanding of EGFR system. ..
- Doxorubicin-Immunoconjugate Therapy of Non-Hodgkin's LymphomaRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Protein Prenyltransferases in Glucose-Stimulated Insulin SecretionAnjaneyulu Kowluru; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ECM Regulation by Estrogen in ARMDSharon Elliot; Fiscal Year: 2006..Conversely, we expect that estrogen's antioxidant action on the cell membrane will diminish MPO-induced blebbing and that activation of estrogen receptors will modify matrix molecule dysregulation. ..
- ROLE OF OPIATES IN ALCOHOL-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Biology of the NK cell cytolytic activity rhythmDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed series of studies should enhance our knowledge of the physiological mechanisms orchestrating NK cell circadian function. ..
- Fetal Alcohol Effects on Circadian clocks and POMCDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information should help to develop therapeutic strategies in managing sleep-wake disturbances and the resultant health consequences in FAE offspring. ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH TRAININGBradford Berk; Fiscal Year: 2004..The University of Rochester is a research-intensive institution with a long tradition and commitment to training investigators which should facilitate the success of this program in cardiovascular research. ..
- ESTROGEN MITOGENIC ACTION IN THE PITUITARYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such knowledge should be important in understanding prolactinoma because increased proliferation is an early step in cell transformation. ..
- LIPID/LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISM AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASESKAFAIT MALIK; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is also our intention to provide postdoctoral trainees some experience in grant writing. ..
- ROLE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHATASES IN INSULIN SECRETIONAnjaneyulu Kowluru; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Proteolytic Control of Early Events in MitosisJAMES FERRELL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Cycle Mechanisms of PTH/PTHrP Action in OsteoblastsNABANITA DATTA; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Exocyst in Synthesis, Cystogenesis and TubulogenesisJOSHUA LIPSCHUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of adenosine A3 receptor in suppressing prostate cancerVickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, these goals will form the specific aims of the current grant proposal. We believe that this study could uncover a novel method of treating prostate cancer metastasis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..