Genomes and Genes
proto oncogene proteins b raf
Summary: A raf kinase subclass found at high levels in neuronal tissue. The B-raf Kinases are MAP kinase kinase kinases that have specificity for MAP KINASE KINASE 1 and MAP KINASE KINASE 2.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- BRAF mutations in conjunctival melanomaHeather Gear
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2484-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the T1799A BRAF mutation found in cutaneous melanoma is also present in conjunctival melanoma...
- Mutations of the BRAF gene in human cancerHelen Davies
Cancer Genome Project, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 417:949-54. 2002..As BRAF is a serine/threonine kinase that is commonly activated by somatic point mutation in human cancer, it may provide new therapeutic opportunities in malignant melanoma...
- Distinct sets of genetic alterations in melanomaJohn A Curtin
Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0808, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2135-47. 2005..We hypothesized that the clinical heterogeneity is explained by genetically distinct types of melanoma with different susceptibility to ultraviolet light...
- CpG island methylator phenotype underlies sporadic microsatellite instability and is tightly associated with BRAF mutation in colorectal cancerDaniel J Weisenberger
Department of Surgery, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
Nat Genet 38:787-93. 2006..Sporadic cases of mismatch repair deficiency occur almost exclusively as a consequence of CIMP-associated methylation of MLH1 . We propose a robust new marker panel to classify CIMP+ tumors...
- Mechanism of activation of the RAF-ERK signaling pathway by oncogenic mutations of B-RAFPaul T C Wan
Section of Structural Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Cell 116:855-67. 2004..The high activity mutants signal to ERK by directly phosphorylating MEK, whereas the impaired activity mutants stimulate MEK by activating endogenous C-RAF, possibly via an allosteric or transphosphorylation mechanism...
- Hyperactive Ras in developmental disorders and cancerSuzanne Schubbert
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, 513 Parnassus Avenue, Room HSE 302, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:295-308. 2007..Here we will discuss the implications of germline mutations in the Ras-Raf-MEK-ERK pathway for understanding normal developmental processes and cancer pathogenesis...
- BRAFE600-associated senescence-like cell cycle arrest of human naeviChrysiis Michaloglou
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 436:720-4. 2005..Thus, both in vitro and in vivo, BRAF(V600E)-expressing melanocytes display classical hallmarks of senescence, suggesting that oncogene-induced senescence represents a genuine protective physiological process...
- BRAF mutation predicts sensitivity to MEK inhibitionDavid B Solit
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 439:358-62. 2006..These data suggest an exquisite dependency on MEK activity in BRAF mutant tumours, and offer a rational therapeutic strategy for this genetically defined tumour subtype...
- BRAF and RAS mutations in human lung cancer and melanomaMarcia S Brose
Department of Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Cancer Res 62:6997-7000. 2002..Although uncommon, BRAF mutations in human lung cancers may identify a subset of tumors sensitive to targeted therapy...
- Discovery of a selective inhibitor of oncogenic B-Raf kinase with potent antimelanoma activityJames Tsai
Plexxikon, Inc, 91 Bolivar Drive, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3041-6. 2008....
- CpG island methylator phenotype, microsatellite instability, BRAF mutation and clinical outcome in colon cancerShuji Ogino
Center for Molecular Oncologic Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Gut 58:90-6. 2009..The independent effect of CIMP, MSI and BRAF mutation on prognosis remains uncertain...
- BRAF mutation is associated with DNA methylation in serrated polyps and cancers of the colorectumT Kambara
Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital Research Foundation and Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane 4029, Australia
Gut 53:1137-44. 2004..However, the distribution of BRAF mutations in MSI-H cancers remains to be clarified with respect to precursor lesions and the CpG island methylator phenotype (CIMP)...
- Poor survival associated with the BRAF V600E mutation in microsatellite-stable colon cancersWade S Samowitz
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Cancer Res 65:6063-9. 2005....
- The RAF proteins take centre stageClaudia Wellbrock
Signal Transduction Team, Cancer Research UK Centre of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5:875-85. 2004....
- A dimerization-dependent mechanism drives RAF catalytic activationThanashan Rajakulendran
Centre for Systems Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Nature 461:542-5. 2009..Together, our data identify the side-to-side dimer interface of RAF as a potential therapeutic target for intervention in BRAF-dependent tumorigenesis...
- BRAF mutation in thyroid cancerM Xing
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St Suite 333 Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:245-62. 2005..This newly discovered BRAF mutation may prove to have an important impact on thyroid cancer in the clinic...
- BRAF mutations in thyroid tumors are restricted to papillary carcinomas and anaplastic or poorly differentiated carcinomas arising from papillary carcinomasMarina N Nikiforova
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5399-404. 2003..They are associated with distinct phenotypical and biological properties of papillary carcinomas and may participate in progression to poorly differentiated and anaplastic carcinomas...
- A new mouse model to explore the initiation, progression, and therapy of BRAFV600E-induced lung tumorsDavid Dankort
Cancer Research Institute, Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 21:379-84. 2007..Consistent with Ink4a/Arf and TP53 tumor suppressor function, BRaf(VE) expression combined with mutation of either locus led to cancer progression...
- Hypermethylator phenotype in sporadic colon cancer: study on a population-based series of 582 casesLudovic Barault
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Cancer Res 68:8541-6. 2008..Our results show the interest of defining three subgroups of patients according to their methylation status (No-CIMP/CIMP-Low/CIMP-High). Methylation is an independent prognostic factor in MSS colon cancer...
- Wild-type BRAF is required for response to panitumumab or cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancerFederica Di Nicolantonio
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, The Oncogenomics Center, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino, Medical School, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:5705-12. 2008..Double-hit therapies aimed at simultaneous inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor and BRAF warrant exploration in CRC patients carrying the V600E oncogenic mutation...
- Kinase-dead BRAF and oncogenic RAS cooperate to drive tumor progression through CRAFSonja J Heidorn
The Institute of Cancer Research, Signal Transduction Team, Section of Cell and Molecular Biology, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Cell 140:209-21. 2010....
- Elevated CRAF as a potential mechanism of acquired resistance to BRAF inhibition in melanomaClara Montagut
Center for Molecular Therapeutics, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 68:4853-61. 2008..Geldanamycin effectively promotes the degradation of CRAF, thereby revealing a potential therapeutic strategy to overcome resistance to RAF inhibition in a subset of BRAF mutant tumors...
- NRAS and BRAF mutations in melanoma tumours in relation to clinical characteristics: a study based on mutation screening by pyrosequencingEsther Edlundh-Rose
Department of Gene Technology, School of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, AlbaNova University Center, Stockholm, Sweden
Melanoma Res 16:471-8. 2006..7). In conclusion, the separate genotypes were associated with differences in several key clinical and pathological parameters, indicating differences in the biology of melanoma tumours with different proto-oncogene mutations...
- Genetic interaction between NRAS and BRAF mutations and PTEN/MMAC1 inactivation in melanomaHensin Tsao
Wellman Laboratories, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital Melanoma Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Invest Dermatol 122:337-41. 2004..These findings suggest the existence of possible cooperation between BRAF activation and PTEN loss in melanoma development...
- Mutant V599EB-Raf regulates growth and vascular development of malignant melanoma tumorsArati Sharma
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Cancer Res 65:2412-21. 2005..Thus, these studies identify the mechanistic underpinnings by which mutant (V599E)B-RAF promotes melanoma development and show the effectiveness of targeting this protein to inhibit melanoma tumor growth...
- BRAF mutation predicts a poorer clinical prognosis for papillary thyroid cancerMingzhao Xing
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 333, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6373-9. 2005..Use of BRAF mutation in papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) has the potential to improve risk stratification of this cancer...
- Metastatic potential of melanomas defined by specific gene expression profiles with no BRAF signatureKeith S Hoek
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Pigment Cell Res 19:290-302. 2006....
- Determinants of BRAF mutations in primary melanomasJanet L Maldonado
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1878-90. 2003..The high mutation frequency in melanomas arising on intermittently sun-exposed skin suggests a complex causative role of such exposure that mandates further evaluation...
- BRAF mutations characterize colon but not gastric cancer with mismatch repair deficiencyCarla Oliveira
Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia Molecular da Universidade do Porto IPATIMUP, Porto 4200 465, Portugal
Oncogene 22:9192-6. 2003..Accordingly, our results show evidences that BRAF mutations characterize colon but not gastric tumors with MMR deficiency and are not involved in the tumorigenesis of gastric cancer of the mutator phenotype pathway...
- BRAF and KRAS mutations in colorectal hyperplastic polyps and serrated adenomasTsun L Chan
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Cancer Res 63:4878-81. 2003..The high incidence of BRAF mutations in HPs and SAs is consistent with the notion that the group of colorectal cancers carrying BRAF mutations may harbor most that have progressed through the HP-SA-carcinoma pathway...
- Clinicopathologic significance of BRAF V600E mutation in papillary carcinomas of the thyroid: a meta-analysisJu Han Lee
Department of Pathology, Bioinformatics Interest Group, Korea University Ansan Hospital, Ansan, Republic of Korea
Cancer 110:38-46. 2007..To address this controversy, the frequency of the BRAF mutation and the associations between BRAF mutation and clinicopathologic parameters in PTC were evaluated by meta-analysis...
- Prognostic significance of defective mismatch repair and BRAF V600E in patients with colon cancerAmy J French
Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street Southwest, 920 Hilton Building, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:3408-15. 2008..Although the presence of dMMR seems to be a favorable prognostic marker, data suggest that these patients do not respond as well to adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Missense mutations of the BRAF gene in human lung adenocarcinomaKatsuhiko Naoki
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 62:7001-3. 2002..These specimens belong to the same adenocarcinoma subgroup as defined by clustering of gene expression data. BRAF may provide a target for anticancer chemotherapy in a subset of lung adenocarcinoma patients...
- BRAF screening as a low-cost effective strategy for simplifying HNPCC genetic testingE Domingo
Centre d Investigacions en Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular CIBBIM, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
J Med Genet 41:664-8. 2004....
- Comprehensive biostatistical analysis of CpG island methylator phenotype in colorectal cancer using a large population-based sampleKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3698. 2008..In stratified analyses, the relations of CIMP-high with poor differentiation, KRAS mutation and LINE-1 hypomethylation significantly differed according to MSI status...
- Wild-type and mutant B-RAF activate C-RAF through distinct mechanisms involving heterodimerizationMathew J Garnett
Signal Transduction Team, The Institute of Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK Centre of Cell and Molecular Biology, London
Mol Cell 20:963-9. 2005..Thus, we have identified a B-RAF-C-RAF-MEK-ERK cascade that signals not only in cancer but also in normal cells...
- Comparison of microsatellite instability, CpG island methylation phenotype, BRAF and KRAS status in serrated polyps and traditional adenomas indicates separate pathways to distinct colorectal carcinoma end pointsMichael J O'Brien
Department of Pathology, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1491-501. 2006....
- Mutation analysis of the BRAF, ARAF and RAF-1 genes in human colorectal adenocarcinomasKarin Fransen
Division of Cell Biology, Floor 9, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 25:527-33. 2004..Collectively, our results provide support for the idea that activation of the MAP kinase pathway, especially via BRAF and KRAS mutations, is of critical importance for the development of colorectal cancer...
- BRAF and KRAS Mutations in hyperplastic polyps and serrated adenomas of the colorectum: relationship to histology and CpG island methylation statusShi Yang
Department of Pathology, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1452-9. 2004..In contrast, the association of higher levels of CpG island methylation with more advanced histologic changes suggests that CpG island methylation plays a role in serrated polyp progression toward colorectal carcinoma...
- Clinical implication of hot spot BRAF mutation, V599E, in papillary thyroid cancersHiroyuki Namba
Department of Molecular Medicine, Tissue and Histopathology Section, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Sakamoto, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4393-7. 2003..033) and clinical stage (P = 0.049). Our results indicate that activating mutation of BRAF gene could be a potentially useful marker of prognosis of patients with advanced thyroid cancers...
- PIK3CA mutation is associated with poor prognosis among patients with curatively resected colon cancerShuji Ogino
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney St, Room JF 215C, Boston, MA 02115 USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1477-84. 2009..PIK3CA mutation and subsequent activation of the AKT pathway play an important role in colorectal carcinogenesis. However, little is known about the prognostic role of PIK3CA mutation in colon cancer...
- Germline KRAS and BRAF mutations in cardio-facio-cutaneous syndromeTetsuya Niihori
Department of Medical Genetics, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Nat Genet 38:294-6. 2006....
- A new BRAF gene mutation detected in a case of a solid variant of papillary thyroid carcinomaVitor Trovisco
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Hum Pathol 36:694-7. 2005..The genetic study of more cases of the solid variant of PTC is necessary to find whether there exists a significant association between the occurrence of BRAF(VK600-1E) and such PTC histotype...
- Braf(V600E) cooperates with Pten loss to induce metastatic melanomaDavid Dankort
Cancer Research Institute and Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Nat Genet 41:544-52. 2009..These mice, engineered with a common genetic profile to human melanoma, provide a system to study melanoma's cardinal feature of metastasis and for preclinical evaluation of agents designed to prevent or treat metastatic disease...
- Combinatorial activities of Akt and B-Raf/Erk signaling in a mouse model of androgen-independent prostate cancerHui Gao
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Cancer Institute of New Jersey, and Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 679 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14477-82. 2006..We propose that androgen independence emerges by means of epithelial-stromal competition, in which activation of Akt and Erk promotes AR activity in the prostate epithelium while counteracting antagonistic effects of the stroma...
- Association of smoking, CpG island methylator phenotype, and V600E BRAF mutations in colon cancerWade S Samowitz
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1731-8. 2006..We investigated whether the association between smoking and all colon cancers could be explained through induction of CIMP and/or BRAF mutations...
- Genetic and epigenetic changes in primary metastatic and nonmetastatic colorectal cancerE Miranda
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, University of Milan, Via Manzoni 56, Rozzano, Milano 20089, Italy
Br J Cancer 95:1101-7. 2006....
- Increased cyclin D1 expression can mediate BRAF inhibitor resistance in BRAF V600E-mutated melanomasKeiran S M Smalley
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2876-83. 2008....
- Toward a molecular classification of melanomaLeslie A Fecher
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1606-20. 2007..We eagerly anticipate rationally designed melanoma therapies based on such a classification scheme and the associated improvements in patient outcomes...
- BRAF oncogenic mutations correlate with progression rather than initiation of human melanomaJianli Dong
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer Res 63:3883-5. 2003....
- Human malignant melanoma: detection of BRAF- and c-kit-activating mutations by high-resolution amplicon melting analysisCarlynn Willmore-Payne
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84108, USA
Hum Pathol 36:486-93. 2005....
- High prevalence of BRAF gene mutation in papillary thyroid carcinomas and thyroid tumor cell linesXiulong Xu
Department of General Surgery, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cancer Res 63:4561-7. 2003..These observations suggest that mutated BRAF gene may cooperate with RET/PTC to induce the oncogenesis of PTC...
- The RET/PTC-RAS-BRAF linear signaling cascade mediates the motile and mitogenic phenotype of thyroid cancer cellsRosa Marina Melillo
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR G Salvatore, Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Clin Invest 115:1068-81. 2005..Thus, motile and mitogenic properties are intrinsic to transformed thyroid cells and are governed by an epistatic oncogenic signaling cascade...
- BRAF mutations are sufficient to promote nevi formation and cooperate with p53 in the genesis of melanomaE Elizabeth Patton
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Biol 15:249-54. 2005....
- BRAF V600E disrupts AZD6244-induced abrogation of negative feedback pathways between extracellular signal-regulated kinase and Raf proteinsBret B Friday
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 68:6145-53. 2008..These data suggest an approach to identifying cells that may be sensitive to AZD6244 and other MEK inhibitors...
- BRAFV600E mutation is associated with preferential sensitivity to mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase inhibition in thyroid cancer cell linesRebecca Leboeuf
Department of Medicine and Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2194-201. 2008..Although the signal output common to these oncoproteins is ERK, a recent report showed that only BRAF mutations consistently predicted responsiveness to MAPK kinase (MEK) inhibitors...
- Mutant B-RAF mediates resistance to anoikis via Bad and BimK Boisvert-Adamo
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Oncogene 27:3301-12. 2008..Depletion of Bim together with Bad has an additive effect on protecting B-RAF knockdown cells from anoikis. Together, our data show that Bad and Bim are major B-RAF responsive proteins regulating apoptosis in melanoma cells...
- BRAF mutations in papillary carcinomas of the thyroidToshihiko Fukushima
Department of Surgery, Fukushima Medical University, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Oncogene 22:6455-7. 2003..No mutations were found in KRAS or HRAS. Our results suggest that BRAF mutations may play a critical role in the carcinogenesis of papillary carcinoma of the thyroid...
- Oncogenes in melanomaDavid Polsky
Department of Dermatology, New York University Medical Center, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Oncogene 22:3087-91. 2003..We provide a general overview of the mechanisms of oncogene activation and the functions of oncogenes. Lastly, we review oncogenic events in melanoma...
- BRAF(V600E) mutation and outcome of patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma: a 15-year median follow-up studyRossella Elisei
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3943-9. 2008..In this study we verified the prognostic value of the BRAF(V600E) mutation in PTC patients with a long-term follow-up...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha blocks apoptosis in melanoma cells when BRAF signaling is inhibitedVanessa C Gray-Schopfer
Signal Transduction Team, Cancer Research UK Centre of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 67:122-9. 2007..These findings suggest that drugs that target the BRAF/MEK pathway could be combined with agents that target TNF-alpha and/or NF-kappaB signaling to provide exciting new therapeutic opportunities for the treatment of melanoma...
- PIK3CA mutation/PTEN expression status predicts response of colon cancer cells to the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor cetuximabMinaxi Jhawer
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Cancer Res 68:1953-61. 2008..A priori screening of colon tumors for PTEN expression status and PIK3CA and Ras/BRAF mutation status could help stratify patients likely to benefit from this therapy...
- Germline mutations in genes within the MAPK pathway cause cardio-facio-cutaneous syndromePablo Rodriguez-Viciana
Comprehensive Cancer Center and Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Science 311:1287-90. 2006..Our findings highlight the involvement of the MAPK pathway in human development and will provide a molecular diagnosis of CFC syndrome...
- Expression of endogenous oncogenic V600EB-raf induces proliferation and developmental defects in mice and transformation of primary fibroblastsKathryn Mercer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, UK
Cancer Res 65:11493-500. 2005..Thus, (V600E)B-Raf is able to induce several hallmarks of transformation in some primary mouse cells without evidence for the involvement of a cooperating oncogene or tumor suppressor gene...
- BRAF mutations are associated with some histological types of papillary thyroid carcinomaVitor Trovisco
IPATIMUP Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Pathol 202:247-51. 2004....
- Targeting the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway: physiological feedback and drug responseChristine A Pratilas
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3329-34. 2010....
- Uncoupling of the LKB1-AMPKalpha energy sensor pathway by growth factors and oncogenic BRAFRosaura Esteve-Puig
Animal Models and Cancer Laboratory, Medical Oncology Research Program, Vall d Hebron Research Institute VHIO, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e4771. 2009..Additionally, LKB1(Ser428) becomes phosphorylated in a RAS-Erk1/2-p90(RSK) pathway dependent manner. However, the connection between the RAS pathway and LKB1 is mostly unknown...
- BRAF mutations in metastatic melanoma: a possible association with clinical outcomeRajiv Kumar
Department of Biosciences, Karolinska Institute, Novum, 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 9:3362-8. 2003..Recently, activating mutations in the BRAF gene, were reported in a large proportion of melanomas. We have studied mutations in the BRAF gene and their association with clinical parameters...
- Guilty as charged: B-RAF is a human oncogeneMathew J Garnett
Signal Transduction Team, Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
Cancer Cell 6:313-9. 2004..Here we review the rapid progress made in our understanding of B-RAF as an oncogene and of its role in cancer...
- Cyclic AMP inhibits the proliferation of thyroid carcinoma cell lines through regulation of CDK4 phosphorylationAna Sofia Rocha
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Mol Biol Cell 19:4814-25. 2008....
- Phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of the oral, small-molecule mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) in patients with advanced cancersAlex A Adjei
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2139-46. 2008..To assess the tolerability, pharmacokinetics (PKs), and pharmacodynamics (PDs) of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK) 1/2 inhibitor AZD6244 (ARRY-142886) in patients with advanced cancer...
- Oncogenic BRAF regulates beta-Trcp expression and NF-kappaB activity in human melanoma cellsJ Liu
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6046, USA
Oncogene 26:1954-8. 2007..Taken together, these data support a model in which mutational activation of BRAF in human melanomas contributes to constitutive induction of NF-kappaB activity and to increased survival of melanoma cells...
- Targeting V600EB-Raf and Akt3 using nanoliposomal-small interfering RNA inhibits cutaneous melanocytic lesion developmentMelissa A Tran
Department of Pharmacology, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Cancer Res 68:7638-49. 2008..Thus, cationic nanoliposomes loaded with siRNA targeting (V600E)B-Raf and Akt3 provide an effective approach for targeted inhibition of early or invasive cutaneous melanomas...
- Oncogenic Braf induces melanocyte senescence and melanoma in miceNathalie Dhomen
Signal Transduction Team, Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Cancer Cell 15:294-303. 2009..Thus, we have developed a mouse model of melanoma driven by Braf(V600E) expressed at physiological levels that reflects the genetics and pathology of the human disease...
- Inactivation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway as a potential target-based therapy in ovarian serous tumors with KRAS or BRAF mutationsGudrun Pohl
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 65:1994-2000. 2005....
- Mutation of B-Raf in human choroidal melanoma cells mediates cell proliferation and transformation through the MEK/ERK pathwayArmelle Calipel
Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, INSERM U450, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 278:42409-18. 2003..Our results pinpoint this pathway as an important component in choroidal melanoma cell lines...
- Sorafenib in advanced melanoma: a Phase II randomised discontinuation trial analysisT Eisen
Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Surrey SMT 5PT, UK
Br J Cancer 95:581-6. 2006..i.d.). Ongoing trials in advanced melanoma are evaluating sorafenib combination therapies...
- High prevalence of BRAF mutations in thyroid cancer: genetic evidence for constitutive activation of the RET/PTC-RAS-BRAF signaling pathway in papillary thyroid carcinomaEdna T Kimura
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Cancer Res 63:1454-7. 2003..Because these signaling proteins function along the same pathway in thyroid cells, this represents a unique paradigm of human tumorigenesis through mutation of three signaling effectors lying in tandem...
- Molecular differences between sporadic serrated and conventional colorectal adenomasKazuo Konishi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:3082-90. 2004..The purpose is to compare the molecular characteristics of serrated adenomas (SAs) with those of conventional adenomas (CADs) and hyperplastic polyps (HPs)...
- Akt3 and mutant V600E B-Raf cooperate to promote early melanoma developmentMitchell Cheung
Department of Pharmacology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Cancer Res 68:3429-39. 2008....
- Activation of ERK1/2 occurs independently of KRAS or BRAF status in endometrial cancer and is associated with favorable prognosisYasunari Mizumoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, 13 1, Takaramachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:652-8. 2007..047). These findings suggest that ERK activation occurs in a KRAS- and BRAF-independent manner in endometrial cancer, and is associated with favorable prognosis...
- Absence of BRAF and NRAS mutations in uveal melanomaFrank Cruz
Oregon Health and Science University OHSU Cancer Institute, Department of Pathology, OHSU and Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Cancer Res 63:5761-6. 2003..No NRAS exon 1 mutations were detected in either type of melanoma. We conclude that UMs arise independent of oncogenic BRAF and NRAS mutations, an observation that may have implications for therapies targeted to the NRAS-BRAF pathway...
- High glucose stimulates synthesis of fibronectin via a novel protein kinase C, Rap1b, and B-Raf signaling pathwaySun Lin
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 277:41725-35. 2002..This effect appears to be PKC-dependent and PDGF-independent, but involves B-Raf, suggesting a novel PKC-Rap1b-B-Raf pathway responsible for HG-induced increased mesangial matrix synthesis, a hallmark of diabetic nephropathy...
- Influence of the BRAF V600E mutation on expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in papillary thyroid cancerYoung Suk Jo
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon 301 721, Korea
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3667-70. 2006..The BRAF mutation may influence the expression patterns of molecular markers that are related to the development and progression of thyroid cancer...
- Oncogenic AKAP9-BRAF fusion is a novel mechanism of MAPK pathway activation in thyroid cancerRaffaele Ciampi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Division of Endocrinology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0529, USA
J Clin Invest 115:94-101. 2005....
- The methylator phenotype in microsatellite stable colorectal cancers is characterized by a distinct gene expression profileM Ferracin
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Diagnostica, Universita di Ferrara, Via Luigi Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Pathol 214:594-602. 2008..Microarray analysis revealed that CIMP+ tumours are characterized by a unique expression profile, a result that confirms that CIMP+ tumours represent a truly distinct molecular class within MSS colorectal cancers...
- Promoter methylation of the mutated in colorectal cancer gene is a frequent early event in colorectal cancerM R J Kohonen-Corish
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Oncogene 26:4435-41. 2007..Furthermore, MCC methylation is significantly associated with a distinct spectrum of precursor lesions, which are suggested to give rise to cancers via the serrated neoplasia pathway...
- High prevalence of sessile serrated adenomas with BRAF mutations: a prospective study of patients undergoing colonoscopyKevin J Spring
Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Brisbane, Australia
Gastroenterology 131:1400-7. 2006..This prospective study examined the prevalence of sessile serrated adenomas and determined the incidence of BRAF and K-ras mutations in different types of polyps...
- Alternative mutations of BRAF, RET and NTRK1 are associated with similar but distinct gene expression patterns in papillary thyroid cancerMilo Frattini
Department of Pathology, Experimental Molecular Pathology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 23:7436-40. 2004..However, a supervised analysis of the obtained data identified a subset of genes differentially expressed in tumors carrying BRAF mutation or RTK rearrangement...
- PIK3CA mutation in colorectal cancer: relationship with genetic and epigenetic alterationsKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neoplasia 10:534-41. 2008..In addition, Pyrosequencing is useful in detecting PIK3CA mutation in archival paraffin tumor tissue. PIK3CA mutational data further emphasize heterogeneity of colorectal cancer at the molecular level...
- Oncogenic B-RAF negatively regulates the tumor suppressor LKB1 to promote melanoma cell proliferationBin Zheng
Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 33:237-47. 2009..Our findings provide a molecular linkage between the LKB1-AMPK and the RAF-MEK-ERK pathways and suggest that suppression of LKB1 function by B-RAF V600E plays an important role in B-RAF V600E-driven tumorigenesis...
- Analysis of the association between CIMP and BRAF in colorectal cancer by DNA methylation profilingToshinori Hinoue
USC Epigenome Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e8357. 2009..Our data will be useful for future investigations toward understanding CIMP in colorectal cancer and gaining insights into the role of aberrant DNA hypermethylation in colorectal tumorigenesis...
- PLX4032, a selective BRAF(V600E) kinase inhibitor, activates the ERK pathway and enhances cell migration and proliferation of BRAF melanoma cellsRuth Halaban
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 23:190-200. 2010..The results suggest that the drug can confer an advantage to BRAF(WT) primary and metastatic tumor cells in vivo and provide markers for monitoring clinical responses...
- Effective inhibition of cell growth and invasion of melanoma by combined suppression of BRAF (V599E) and Skp2 with lentiviral RNAiHidetoshi Sumimoto
Division of Cellular Signaling, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 118:472-6. 2006..Our results suggest that gene therapy against melanoma with the enhanced MAPK and ubiquitin-proteasomal pathways could be a specific and effective therapeutic strategy for cancers...
- V600E B-Raf requires the Hsp90 chaperone for stability and is degraded in response to Hsp90 inhibitorsO M Grbovic
Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry and Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:57-62. 2006..Hsp90 inhibition represents a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of melanoma...
- Lack of BRAF mutations in uveal melanomaDonata Rimoldi
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Cancer Res 63:5712-5. 2003....
- Conditional activation of RET/PTC3 and BRAFV600E in thyroid cells is associated with gene expression profiles that predict a preferential role of BRAF in extracellular matrix remodelingCleo Mesa
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3125 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Cancer Res 66:6521-9. 2006..The preferential induction of MMPs by BRAF could explain in part the more invasive behavior of thyroid cancers with BRAF mutations...
- Mutations of BRAF and KRAS precede the development of ovarian serous borderline tumorsChung Liang Ho
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 64:6915-8. 2004..Our findings provide cogent evidence that mutations of BRAF and KRAS occur in the epithelium of cystadenomas adjacent to SBTs and strongly suggest that they are very early events in tumorigenesis, preceding the development of SBT...
- BRAF mutations and RET/PTC rearrangements are alternative events in the etiopathogenesis of PTCPaula Soares
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, IPATIMUP, Rua Roberto Frias s n, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Oncogene 22:4578-80. 2003..BRAF(V599E) may represent an alternative pathway to oncogenic MAPK activation in PTCs without RET/PTC activation...
- Duplication of 7q34 in pediatric low-grade astrocytomas detected by high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism-based genotype arrays results in a novel BRAF fusion geneAngela J Sievert
Division of Oncology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Brain Pathol 19:449-58. 2009..Further studies are required to determine the role of this fusion gene in downstream MAPK signaling and its role in development of pediatric low-grade astrocytomas...
- Demonstration of a genetic therapeutic index for tumors expressing oncogenic BRAF by the kinase inhibitor SB-590885Alastair J King
Department of Oncology, MMPD CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Cancer Res 66:11100-5. 2006....
- SBIR 2009 TOPIC 255- TITLE: PYRIDINOPYRIMIDE ANALOGSWeibo Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed analogs will be synthesized and tested against B-Raf kinases and cancer cell lines. Desirable compounds will be moved quickly to preclinical and clinical studies. ..
- RAS/BRAF Melanoma Mutations: Precursors, Risk, PrognosisNancy Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study is also expected to lead to identification of new chemotherapeutic targets and more efficient testing of inhibitors for NRAS and BRAF signaling, which have recently been developed. ..
- Melanoma NRAS/BRAF Mutations: A Population-Based StudyNancy Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study is also expected to lead to identification of new hemotherapeutic targets and more efficient testing of inhibitors for NRAS and BRAF signaling, which have recently been developed. ..
- Pathogenesis of Ovarian Serous Borderline TumorsRobert J Kurman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will refine diagnostic and prognostic markers of advanced stage tumors. These results will be expected to have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients with this disease. ..
- MECHANISMS OF TRANSFORMATION OF HEMATOPOIETIC CELLSJAMES MC CUBREY; Fiscal Year: 2001..An understanding of how these signal transduction and apoptotic pathways impinge upon one another will further our comprehension of the consequences of abnormal oncogene activation and tumor progression. ..
- Ras/Raf & PI3K/Akt Induced Breast Cancer Drug ResistanceJAMES MC CUBREY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Throughthese studies,moreinformationwillbe availableto treatbreast andothercancerpatientswithcombinationsof drugs,whichinhibitsignaltransductionand anti-apoptoticpathwaysleadingtodrug resistance. ..
- Regulation of Mitochondrial Fission/Fusion by PP2A and PKA in NeuronsStefan Strack; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our studies may ultimately lead to better therapies for stroke and neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- 1st Costello Syndrome SymposiumKATHERINE RAUEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Extracellular matrix and protease markers of malignant thyroid neoplasmElectron Kebebew; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use these results to design a multicenter clinical trial evaluating the diagnostic and prognostic value of ECM1 and TMPRSS4 expression in patients with thyroid neoplasm. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MEK singaling in sarcoma growth and vascularization.NICHOLAS DUESBERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..i ..
- Validating microRNA Analysis in Human Postmortem BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Senescence and Longevity Modulating Genes, WRN and BLMJudith Campisi; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our studies will provide important insights into how WRN and BLM postpone the development of aging phenotypes and the development of cancer in humans. ..
- Role of WRN in Longevity AssuranceJudith Campisi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Combination Strategies for Angiogenesis InhibitionKeith Flaherty; Fiscal Year: 2008..He is a recognized leader in the field of investigational therapies, has a record of mentoring successful clinical researchers, and is committed to Dr. Flaherty's training. ..
- Regulatory subunits of PP2A in neuronal functionStefan Strack; Fiscal Year: 2011..These studies are significant in that they advance our understanding of the critical regulatory enzyme PP2A with the ultimate goal of better therapies for several neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF THE PTEN TUMOR SUPPRESSOR PROTEINLevi Garraway; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on this data we propose in specific aims 2 and 3: 2. To generate antibody reagents that selectively recognizes unphosphorylated PTEN. 3. To purify and identify proteins in the PTEN associated complex (PAC). ..
- MAP Kinase and AKT Signaling in Congestive Heart FailureANTHONY MUSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our findings will help to identify specific signaling mechanisms involved in the regulation of cardiac myocyte growth and metabolism. ..
- Genetics of Serrated NeoplasiaJoanne Young; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, we will explore the notion that the predisposition to form hyperplastic polyps may be inherited in families. ..
- Mutant mouse models of exocrine pancreatic cancerDAVID TUVESON; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information gained from this murine model should facilitate further understanding of human pancreatic cancer. ..
- G2 CHECKPOINT FUNCTION IN HUMAN FIBROBLASTSWilliam Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..following DNA replication? Does ATR sends a signal through BRCA1 to inhibit Plkl when chromatid catenations are sensed? Is defective decatenation checkpoint function associated with genetic instability in cancer? ..
- 14-3-3 PROTEIN FUNCTION IN CELL GROWTH AND MOTILITYANTHONY MUSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The expectation is that the results of these experiments will establish the importance of the 14-3-3 signaling molecules in cell growth regulation and development. ..
- S Checkpoint Function in Human FibroblastsWilliam Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..This project will define genetic components of the S checkpoint and elucidate signal transduction mechanisms that underlie S checkpoint response in diploid human fibroblasts. ..
- POSTRECEPTOR DYSREGULATION IN DEPRESSIONYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Development of Digital SNP Analysis in Cancer DetectionIe Ming Shih; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the encouraging results from this study will ensure the detection of AI in plasma a promising cancer research direction for further exploration. ..
- Effects of tumor lethal factor on Kaposi's SarcomaNICHOLAS DUESBERY; Fiscal Year: 2005..This approach can form the basis for the development of a Kaposi's sarcoma therapeutic for clinical applications. ..
- Overcoming DC defects in cancer patients by VEGF trapJeffrey Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thereby, the correlative studies described here may lead to the establishment of VEGF inhibition, VEGF Trap, specifically, as an approach to combine with and enhance cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Epigenetic Chromatin Changes as Melanoma MarkersRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 2006..Altogether, the results are likely to generate a novel marker(s) that can be used to assess propensity for malignant transformation, tumor progression and/or sensitivity to chemotherapeutic drugs that target chromatin conformation. ..
- A NEURAL TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR IN LUNG CANCER EVOLUTIONDouglas Ball; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies should provide novel insights in SCLC biology and a firm basis for determining whether hASH1, and hASHl-regulated growth mechanisms, should be intensively pursued as therapeutic targets for SCLC. ..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Suicide BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- RGS PROTEIN FUNCTION IN CARDIAC PHYSIOLOGYANTHONY MUSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..These experiments will help define the role of RGS proteins in the pathogenesis of cardiac hypertrophy and contractile dysfunction and may provide important information for the development of novel therapeutic agents. ..
- Profiles of Sucsceptibility to Toxicant StressWilliam Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..The UNC-CH toxicogenomics research program has the scientific expertise and organizational infrastructure to provide significant and substantial benefits to the Toxicogenomics Research Consortium. ..
- Prognostic Markers for Juvenile Pilocytic AstrocytomasKwong Kwok Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2003 Conference Pan-American Society Pigment Cell ReseaRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. To provide partial support to students and junior faculty to attend the meeting. They request funds for the 2003 meeting as well as for the 2 subsequent PASPCR annual meetings in years 2004 and 2006. ..
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- PROLIFERATION & MALIGNANT TRANSFORMATION OF MELANOCYTESRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our functional studies may provide a basis for the design of new therapeutical agents for the treatment of patients with metastatic melanomas. ..
- DIET AND SOMATIC MUTATIONS IN COLON CANCERMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. p53, K-ras, and microsatellite instability). Differences in colon and rectal tumors will be compared. Additionally data from rectal tumors will be combined with that from colon tumors to define disease pathways. ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Inhibition by Helicobacter PylorHassan Ashktorab; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will help to establish how bacteria can increase apoptosis possibly through generation of ROS and in specific circumstances this may alter one's risk of developing cancer. ..
- Paracrine IGF/GFBP Interactions In VivoJames Fagin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- METHYLATION PROFILING AND RISK OF COLORECTAL CANCERHassan Ashktorab; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will help in the detection and _rofiling of genetic changes in the pathway of CRC in AA. ..
- Inhibition of nf-kb signaling in melanoma therapyJeffrey Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..