Genomes and Genes
myosin light chain kinase
Summary: An enzyme that phosphorylates myosin light chains in the presence of ATP to yield myosin-light chain phosphate and ADP, and requires calcium and calmodulin. The 20-kDa light chain is phosphorylated more rapidly than any other acceptor, but light chains from other myosins and myosin itself can act as acceptors. The enzyme plays a central role in the regulation of smooth muscle contraction.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Inhibition of myosin light chain kinase by p21-activated kinaseL C Sanders
Departments of Immunology and Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 283:2083-5. 1999..dynamics are primarily modulated by interactions of actin and myosin II that are regulated by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK)-mediated phosphorylation of the regulatory myosin light chain (MLC)...
- Increased expression of myosin light chain kinase mRNA is related to metastasis in non-small cell lung cancerYoshihiro Minamiya
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita City, Japan
Tumour Biol 26:153-7. 2005..Myosin II is activated by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), which phosphorylates it on its regulatory light chain...
- Epithelial myosin light chain kinase activation induces mucosal interleukin-13 expression to alter tight junction ion selectivityChristopher R Weber
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12037-46. 2010..and interleukin (IL)-13, which are up-regulated in IBD, induce barrier defects that are associated with myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) activation and increased claudin-2 expression, respectively, in cultured intestinal epithelial ..
- Interferon-gamma and tumor necrosis factor-alpha synergize to induce intestinal epithelial barrier dysfunction by up-regulating myosin light chain kinase expressionFengjun Wang
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Ave, MC 1089, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Pathol 166:409-19. 2005..These TNF-alpha-induced events can be prevented by the clinically relevant drug sulfasalazine...
- Identification of cardiac-specific myosin light chain kinaseJason Y Chan
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610 0274, USA
Circ Res 102:571-80. 2008..Both overexpression and knockdown of cardiac MLCK in cultured cardiomyocytes revealed that cardiac MLCK is likely a new regulator of MLC2 phosphorylation, sarcomere organization, and cardiomyocyte contraction...
- Myosin light chain kinase mediates transcellular intravasation of breast cancer cells through the underlying endothelial cells: a three-dimensional FRET studySatya Khuon
Cell Imaging Facility, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Cell Sci 123:431-40. 2010..time-lapse fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) imaging to dissect how endothelial myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is modulated during tumor intravasation...
- Myosin, transgelin, and myosin light chain kinase: expression and function in asthmaRenaud Leguillette
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, 3626 St Urbain Street, Montreal, PQ, H2X 2P2 Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:194-204. 2009..A faster Vmax can also result from the expression of specific contractile proteins that promote faster cross-bridge cycling. This possibility has never been addressed in asthma...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms that mediate basal and tumour necrosis factor-alpha-induced regulation of myosin light chain kinase gene activityDongmei Ye
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine and Albuquerque Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Cell Mol Med 12:1331-46. 2008..Previous studies have shown that TNF-alpha increase in TJ permeability was regulated by an increase in myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) gene activity and protein expression...
- Myosin light chain kinase is responsible for high proliferative ability of breast cancer cells via anti-apoptosis involving p38 pathwayWen jing Cui
Department of Biochemistry, The Key Laboratory of Bioactive Materials, Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 31:725-32. 2010To investigate whether myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) contributed to the high proliferative ability of breast cancer cells.
- Myosin light chain kinase functions downstream of Ras/ERK to promote migration of urokinase-type plasminogen activator-stimulated cells in an integrin-selective mannerD H Nguyen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 146:149-64. 1999..b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) was also required for uPA-stimulated cellular migration, as determined in experiments with three ..
- Activation by Ca2+/calmodulin of an exogenous myosin light chain kinase in mouse arteriesH Raina
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Physiol 587:2599-612. 2009Activation of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) and other kinases was studied in the arteries of transgenic mice that express an optical fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) MLCK activity biosensor...
- Intestinal infection with Giardia spp. reduces epithelial barrier function in a myosin light chain kinase-dependent fashionKevin G E Scott
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gastroenterology 123:1179-90. 2002..The effects of giardiasis on epithelial permeability in vivo remain unknown, and the role of T cells and myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in altered intestinal barrier function is unclear...
- Myosin light chain kinase in microvascular endothelial barrier functionQiang Shen
Division of Research, Department of Surgery, University of California at Davis School of Medicine, 4625 2nd Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Cardiovasc Res 87:272-80. 2010..b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) plays an important role in maintaining the equilibrium by phosphorylating myosin light chain (MLC)..
- Inhibition of myosin light chain kinase reduces brain edema formation after traumatic brain injuryClara Luh
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Neurochem 112:1015-25. 2010....
- Activation of smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase by calmodulin. Role of LYS(30) and GLY(40)Jacquelyn E Van Lierop
Smooth Muscle Research Group and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Regulation of Vascular Contractility, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:6550-8. 2002Calmodulin (CaM)-dependent myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) plays a key role in activation of smooth muscle contraction. A soybean isoform of CaM, SCaM-4 (77% identical to human CaM) fails to activate MLCK, whereas SCaM-1 (90...
- Epithelial myosin light chain kinase expression and activity are upregulated in inflammatory bowel diseaseStephanie A Blair
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Lab Invest 86:191-201. 2006..In vitro studies show that cytokine-induced epithelial barrier dysfunction can be mediated by increased myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) expression and subsequent myosin II regulatory light chain (MLC) phosphorylation...
- Acute stress-induced hypersensitivity to colonic distension depends upon increase in paracellular permeability: role of myosin light chain kinaseAfifa Ait-Belgnaoui
Neuro Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, INRA, 180, chemin de Tournefeuille BP 03, 31931 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Pain 113:141-7. 2005..of epithelial cell contraction in the stress-induced increased permeability and hyperalgesia, using a myosin light chain kinase inhibitor (ML-7)...
- Myosin light chain kinase and myosin phosphorylation effect frequency-dependent potentiation of skeletal muscle contractionGang Zhi
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17519-24. 2005..phosphorylation in this physiological response by ablating Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent skeletal muscle myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) gene expression...
- Localization and activity of myosin light chain kinase isoforms during the cell cycleA Poperechnaya
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Cell Biol 151:697-708. 2000Phosphorylation on Ser 19 of the myosin II regulatory light chain by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) regulates actomyosin contractility in smooth muscle and vertebrate nonmuscle cells...
- A cardiac myosin light chain kinase regulates sarcomere assembly in the vertebrate heartOsamu Seguchi
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Invest 117:2812-24. 2007..cDNA expression analysis of failing human myocardia uncovered a novel protein kinase, cardiac-specific myosin light chain kinase (cardiac-MLCK), which acts on MLC2v...
- A fluorescent resonant energy transfer-based biosensor reveals transient and regional myosin light chain kinase activation in lamella and cleavage furrowsTeng Leong Chew
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, R H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center and Center for Genetic Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Cell Biol 156:543-53. 2002..resonance energy transfer we have produced a novel biosensor allowing simultaneous determination of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) localization and its [Ca2+]4/calmodulin-binding state in living cells...
- Role of myosin light chain kinase in intestinal epithelial barrier defects in a rat model of bowel obstructionChi Chin Wu
National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Gastroenterol 10:39. 2010..b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is actively involved in the contraction of epithelial perijunctional actinomyosin ring and ..
- Myosin light chain kinase is involved in lipopolysaccharide-induced disruption of colonic epithelial barrier and bacterial translocation in ratsRaphael Moriez
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Neuro Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, 180 chemin de Tournefeuille, BP 3, 31931 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Am J Pathol 167:1071-9. 2005..triggers BT, colonic inflammation, visceral pain, and sickness behavior and to evaluate the role of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in colonocyte cytoskeleton contraction...
- Inhibiting myosin light chain kinase induces apoptosis in vitro and in vivoFabeha Fazal
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 South Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:6259-66. 2005..precedes caspase activation when cells are stimulated with a proapoptotic agent or when myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is inhibited pharmacologically or by microinjecting an inhibitory antibody to MLCK...
- Ethanol-induced activation of myosin light chain kinase leads to dysfunction of tight junctions and blood-brain barrier compromiseJames Haorah
Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, Department of Pharmacology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:999-1009. 2005..BBB dysfunction is associated with disruption of tight junctions (TJ) in the brain endothelium. We propose that alcohol abuse may impair BBB permeability through TJ modification...
- Distinct roles of MLCK and ROCK in the regulation of membrane protrusions and focal adhesion dynamics during cell migration of fibroblastsGo Totsukawa
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Nelson Labs, Rm A323, 604 Allison Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA
J Cell Biol 164:427-39. 2004..b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) inhibition blocked MLC phosphorylation at the cell periphery, but not in the center...
- Myosin light chain kinase knockoutA V Somlyo
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 25:241-2. 2004
- Myosin light chain kinase is central to smooth muscle contraction and required for gastrointestinal motility in miceWei Qi He
Model Animal Research Center and MOE Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Gastroenterology 135:610-20. 2008..smooth muscle contraction with or without myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) phosphorylation by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK)...
- Melatonin prevents oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced increase of myosin light chain kinase activation and expression in HUVEC through ERK/MAPK signal transductionHua Qing Zhu
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Anhui Medical University, Ministry of Education and Anhui Province, Anhui, China
J Pineal Res 45:328-34. 2008..The purpose of this study was to test whether melatonin prevents ox-LDL-induced increase of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) activation and expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) through ..
- Myosin light chain kinase plays a role in the regulation of epithelial cell survivalLaureen E Connell
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
J Cell Sci 119:2269-81. 2006..In this study we investigated the role of acto-myosin contractility, and its main regulators, i.e. myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) and Rho-kinase (ROCK) in cell survival in normal and Ras-transformed MCF-10A epithelial cells...
- Phosphorylation of myosin light chain kinase by p21-activated kinase PAK2Z M Goeckeler
Departments of Pathology and Anesthesiology, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104 1028, USA
J Biol Chem 275:18366-74. 2000Phosphorylation of myosin II regulatory light chains (RLC) by Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is a critical step in the initiation of smooth muscle and non-muscle cell contraction...
- Novel interaction of cortactin with endothelial cell myosin light chain kinaseSteven M Dudek
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298:511-9. 2002..which involve increased levels of MLC phosphorylation catalyzed by Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent myosin light chain kinase (MLCK)...
- Myosin light chain kinase regulates synaptic plasticity and fear learning in the lateral amygdalaR Lamprecht
W M Keck Foundation Laboratory for Neurobiology, Center for Neural Science, New York University, 4 Washington Place, Room 809, New York, NY 10003, USA
Neuroscience 139:821-9. 2006..We therefore examined whether the cytoskeletal-regulatory protein, myosin light chain kinase, might contribute to fear learning in the rat lateral amygdala...
- The overall pattern of cardiac contraction depends on a spatial gradient of myosin regulatory light chain phosphorylationJ S Davis
Molecular Physiology Section, Cardiology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell 107:631-41. 2001..To demonstrate the importance of cardiac light chain phosphorylation, we cloned a myosin light chain kinase from a human heart and have identified a gain-in-function mutation in two individuals with cardiac ..
- Regulation of myosin II during cytokinesis in higher eukaryotesFumio Matsumura
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, 604 Allison Road, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA
Trends Cell Biol 15:371-7. 2005..I discuss proposed functions for MLCK, ROCK, citron kinase and myosin phosphatase during cytokinesis and consider the possibility of a link between these molecules and the signals transmitted by the mitotic spindle...
- Human blood-brain barrier disruption by retroviral-infected lymphocytes: role of myosin light chain kinase in endothelial tight-junction disorganizationPhilippe Vicente Afonso
Unité d Epidémiologie et Physiopathologie des Virus Oncogènes, Département de Virologie and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité de Recherche Associée 3015, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 179:2576-83. 2007..These changes could be prevented by inhibition of the NF-kappaB pathway or of myosin light chain kinase activity...
- Presynaptic release probability and readily releasable pool size are regulated by two independent mechanisms during posttetanic potentiation at the calyx of Held synapseJae Sung Lee
National Research Laboratory for Cell Physiology, Department of Physiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine and Neuroscience Research Institute, Seoul National University Medical Research Center, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Neurosci 28:7945-53. 2008..In contrast, myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) inhibitors and blebbistatin reduced the posttetanic increase in RRP size with no effect on the ..
- Proteomics analysis of serum protein profiling in pancreatic cancer patients by DIGE: up-regulation of mannose-binding lectin 2 and myosin light chain kinase 2Yefei Rong
Pancreatic Cancer Group, Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
BMC Gastroenterol 10:68. 2010..Good prognosis relies on an early diagnosis. The purpose of this study was to develop techniques for identifying cancer biomarkers in the serum of patients with pancreatic cancer...
- Real-time evaluation of myosin light chain kinase activation in smooth muscle tissues from a transgenic calmodulin-biosensor mouseEiji Isotani
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6279-84. 2004Ca(2+)/calmodulin (CaM)-dependent phosphorylation of myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) initiates smooth muscle contraction and regulates actomyosin-based cytoskeletal functions in nonmuscle cells...
- TNF induces caspase-dependent inflammation in renal endothelial cells through a Rho- and myosin light chain kinase-dependent mechanismXiaoyan Wu
Section of Nephrology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F316-26. 2009..These cell culture experiments support a role for caspase activation in TNF-induced inflammation in the renal endothelium, a key event in LPS-induced AKI...
- Antagonists of myosin light chain kinase and of myosin II inhibit specific events of egg activation in fertilized mouse eggsSara Matson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Biol Reprod 74:169-76. 2006..A well-established Ca(2+)/CAM-dependent enzyme is myosin light chain kinase (MYLK2), the downstream target of which is myosin II, an isoform of myosin known to be important in ..
- Phosphorylation of myosin regulatory light chain by myosin light chain kinase, and muscle contractionSeiji Takashima
Departments of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Circ J 73:208-13. 2009..Among these, I have focused on myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in this review...
- Regulation of myosin light chain kinase and telokin expression in smooth muscle tissuesB Paul Herring
Dept of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5120, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C817-27. 2006..The mylk1 gene encodes at least four protein products: two isoforms of the 220-kDa myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), a 130-kDa MLCK, and telokin...
- Myosin light chain kinase stimulates smooth muscle myosin ATPase activity by binding to the myosin heads without phosphorylating the myosin light chainYing Gao
Department of Pharmacology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:16-21. 2003b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is a multifunctional regulatory protein of smooth muscle contraction [IUBMB Life 51 (2001) 337, for review]...
- Further insights into calmodulin-myosin light chain kinase interaction from solution scattering and shape restorationWilliam T Heller
Bioscience Division, MS M 888, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
Biochemistry 42:10579-88. 2003..We have gained new insight into the interactions between the second-messenger protein calmodulin (CaM) and myosin light chain kinase from skeletal muscle (skMLCK) using small-angle solution scattering and shape restoration...
- Phospholipase C and myosin light chain kinase inhibition define a common step in actin regulation during cytokinesisRaymond Wong
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, TMDT Building, East Tower, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Cell Biol 8:15. 2007..However, the specificity of U73122 is unclear, as its active group closely resembles the non-specific alkylating agent N-ethylmaleimide (NEM). In addition, the pathway by which PIP2 regulates cytokinesis remains to be elucidated...
- Proteinase-activated receptor 1 activation induces epithelial apoptosis and increases intestinal permeabilityAlex C Chin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 1N4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11104-9. 2003..into signaling pathways showed that these effects were dependent on caspase-3, tyrosine kinase, and myosin light chain kinase. Conversely, the Src kinase inhibitor PP1 augmented zonula-occludens 1 injury and nuclear condensation ..
- Regulatory mechanism of Dictyostelium myosin light chain kinase AHiroshi Tokumitsu
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa Medical University, 1750 1 Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:42-50. 2004In this study, we examined the activation mechanism of Dictyostelium myosin light chain kinase A (MLCK-A) using constitutively active Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase as a surrogate MLCK-A kinase...
- Tumor necrosis factor-induced long myosin light chain kinase transcription is regulated by differentiation-dependent signaling events. Characterization of the human long myosin light chain kinase promoterW Vallen Graham
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 281:26205-15. 2006b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is expressed as long and short isoforms from unique transcriptional start sites within a single gene...
- Increased myosin light chain kinase expression in hypertension: Regulation by serum response factor via an insertion mutation in the promoterYoo Jeong Han
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4039-50. 2006..Therefore, we investigated the regulation of smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase (smMLCK) by using spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) as an experimental model...
- A variant of the myosin light chain kinase gene is associated with severe asthma in African AmericansCarlos Flores
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Genet Epidemiol 31:296-305. 2007..In addition to a multitude of factors contributing to its pathobiology, increased amounts of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), the central regulator of cellular contraction, have been found in airway smooth muscle from ..
- Ca(2+) binding and energy coupling in the calmodulin-myosin light chain kinase complexA Persechini
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 275:4199-204. 2000..cooperatively and 1 independently from the complex between (Ca(2+))4-calmodulin and skeletal muscle myosin light chain kinase or a peptide containing its core calmodulin-binding sequence...
- AMP-activated protein kinase phosphorylates and desensitizes smooth muscle myosin light chain kinaseSandrine Horman
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels
J Biol Chem 283:18505-12. 2008..contraction is initiated by a rise in intracellular calcium, leading to activation of smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) via calcium/calmodulin (CaM)...
- Myosin light chain kinase activation and calcium sensitization in smooth muscle in vivoYusuke Mizuno
Dept Physiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C358-64. 2008..CaM)-dependent phosphorylation of myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) in smooth muscle by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) and dephosphorylation by myosin light chain phosphatase (MLCP) are subject to modulatory cascades ..
- MLCK-A, an unconventional myosin light chain kinase from Dictyostelium, is activated by a cGMP-dependent pathwayL A Silveira
Department of Biochemistry, Beckman Center, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, CA 94305 5307, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:13000-5. 1998Dictyostelium myosin II is activated by phosphorylation of its regulatory light chain by myosin light chain kinase A (MLCK-A), an unconventional MLCK that is not regulated by Ca2+/calmodulin...
- Pentoxifylline modulates intestinal tight junction signaling after burn injury: effects on myosin light chain kinaseTodd W Costantini
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma, Surgical Critical Care, and Burns, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California 92103 8896, USA
J Trauma 66:17-24; discussion 24-5. 2009..b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), a tight junction protein involved in the regulation of barrier function, increases intestinal ..
- Myosin light chain kinase regulates capacitative ca(2+) entry in human monocytes/macrophagesQ K Tran
Departments of Internal Medicine III, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:509-15. 2001..We aimed to explore the role of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in Ca(2+) signaling in freshly isolated human monocytes/macrophages...
- Impairment of muscle function caused by mutations of phosphorylation sites in myosin regulatory light chainR Tohtong
Department of Molecular Genetics, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Nature 374:650-3. 1995Myosin regulatory light chain is phosphorylated by myosin light chain kinase at conserved serine and threonine residues in a number of species...
- Cytochalasin B modulation of Caco-2 tight junction barrier: role of myosin light chain kinaseT Y Ma
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, California State University, Long Beach 90822, California
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 279:G875-85. 2000..In this study, we examined the involvement of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in this process, using the filter-grown Caco-2 intestinal epithelial monolayers...
- Maximal stimulation-induced in situ myosin light chain kinase activity is upregulated in fetal compared with adult ovine carotid arteriesElisha R Injeti
Center for Perinatal Biology, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H2289-98. 2008..study tests the hypothesis that downregulation of thick filament reactivity is due to downregulation of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) activity in adult compared with fetal arteries...
- The angiotensin II type 1 receptor induces membrane blebbing by coupling to Rho A, Rho kinase, and myosin light chain kinaseChristina M Godin
J Allyn Taylor Centre for Cell Biology, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, 100 Perth Drive, London, ON, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 77:903-11. 2010..The inhibition of the downstream RhoA effectors Rho kinase (ROCK) and myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) effectively attenuated AT(1)R-mediated membrane blebbing...
- Phosphorylation of smooth myosin light chain kinase by smooth muscle Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent multifunctional protein kinaseM Ikebe
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
J Biol Chem 265:8975-8. 1990Smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase (MLC kinase) was phosphorylated by smooth muscle calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaM protein kinase II). When MLC kinase was free from calmodulin, two sites were phosphorylated...
- A genomic region encompassing a cluster of olfactory receptor genes and a myosin light chain kinase (MYLK) gene is duplicated on human chromosome regions 3q13-q21 and 3p13V Brand-Arpon
IGH, CNRS UPR 1142, 141 rue de la Cardonille, Montpellier Cedex 5, 34396, France
Genomics 56:98-110. 1999..A myosin light chain kinase pseudogene (HGMW-approved symbol MYLKP) lies at one end of the OR gene cluster...
- Phosphorylation-dependent power output of transgenic flies: an integrated studyM H Dickinson
Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Biophys J 73:3122-34. 1997..This integrated study uses site-directed mutagenesis to examine the relationship between removal of the myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) phosphorylation site, in vivo function of the flight system (flight tests, wing kinematics, ..
- Myosin light chain kinase-dependent microvascular hyperpermeability in thermal injuryQiaobing Huang
Department of Surgery, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Temple 76504, USA
Shock 20:363-8. 2003..affect the hyperpermeability response; however, blockage of myosin light chain phosphorylation with the myosin light chain kinase inhibitor ML-7 greatly attenuated the burn-induced increase in venular permeability in a dose-related ..
- Role of the short isoform of myosin light chain kinase in the contraction of cultured smooth muscle cells as examined by its down-regulationJianjun Bao
Department of Pharmacology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9556-61. 2002..cells derived from brain basilar artery, which express both 210-kDa long and 130-kDa short isoforms of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), were infected with an adenovirus vector carrying a 1...
- Myosin light chain kinase A is activated by cGMP-dependent and cGMP-independent pathwaysJonathan M Goldberg
Boston Biomedical Research Institute, 64 Grove Street, Watertown, MA 02472 2829, USA
FEBS Lett 580:2059-64. 2006..We show that myosin light chain kinase A (MLCK-A) is responsible for RLC phosphorylation during chemotaxis, and that MLCK-A itself is ..
- Myosin light chain kinase and acto-myosin contractility modulate activation of the ERK cascade downstream of oncogenic RasDavid M Helfman
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami School of Medicine, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:1069-80. 2005..e., myosin light chain kinase and Rho kinase, in oncogenic Ki-Ras-induced signaling...
- Myosin light chain kinase inhibitors induce retraction of mature oligodendrocyte processesMaría G Thomas
IIB Fundación Campomar, IIB FCEyN, University of Buenos Aires and IIBBA CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Neurochem Res 27:1305-12. 2002..Our results suggest that the adhesion of the myelinating processes to the substrate depends on MLC phosphorylation, thus likely implicating myosin IIA...
- Different molecular mechanisms for Rho family GTPase-dependent, Ca2+-independent contraction of smooth muscleJ E Van Eyk
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
J Biol Chem 273:23433-9. 1998..Alterations to myosin light chain kinase or phosphatase change the phosphorylation level of the 20-kDa myosin regulatory light chain (MRLC), ..
- ML-9, a myosin light chain kinase inhibitor, reduces intracellular Ca2+ concentration in guinea pig trachealisSatoru Ito
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 486:325-33. 2004We investigated the effects of ML-9 [1-(5-chloronaphthalene-1-sulfonyl)-1H-hexahydro-1,4-diazepine], a myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) inhibitor, on intracellular Ca2+ concentration ([Ca2+]i), contraction induced by high K+ and an ..
- Endothelial cell myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) regulates TNFalpha-induced NFkappaB activityRaj Wadgaonkar
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Cell Biochem 94:351-64. 2005..Together, these novel observations indicate that TNFalpha-induced cytoskeletal rearrangement driven by MLCK activity is necessary for TNFalpha-dependent NFkappaB activation and amplification of pro-survival signals...
- Myosin light chain kinase is necessary for tonic airway smooth muscle contractionWen Cheng Zhang
Model Animal Research Center of Nanjing University and MOE Key Lab of Model Animal for Disease Study, Nanjing 210061, China
J Biol Chem 285:5522-31. 2010Different interacting signaling modules involving Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent myosin light chain kinase, Ca(2+)-independent regulatory light chain phosphorylation, myosin phosphatase inhibition, and actin filament-based proteins are ..
- A differentiation-dependent splice variant of myosin light chain kinase, MLCK1, regulates epithelial tight junction permeabilityDaniel R Clayburgh
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 279:55506-13. 2004..These results demonstrate unique physiologically relevant patterns of expression and subcellular localization for long MLCK isoforms and show that MLCK1 is the isoform responsible for tight junction regulation in absorptive enterocytes...
- Isolation of cDNA for bovine stomach 155 kDa protein exhibiting myosin light chain kinase activityH Kobayashi
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Tokyo
J Biochem 112:786-91. 1992Two proteins with myosin light chain kinase activity and electrophoretic molecular weights of 155,000 and 130,000 were each isolated from bovine stomach smooth muscle [Kuwayama, H., Suzuki, M., Koga, R., & Ebashi, S. (1988) J...
- Drosophila stretchin-MLCK is a novel member of the Titin/Myosin light chain kinase familyM B Champagne
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 27710 0001, USA
J Mol Biol 300:759-77. 2000Members of the titin/myosin light chain kinase family play an essential role in the organization of the actin/myosin cytoskeleton, especially in sarcomere assembly and function...
- Cardiac myosin light chain kinase: a new player in the regulation of myosin light chain in the heartYoshihiro Ishikawa
Circ Res 102:516-8. 2008
- Ca2+-independent smooth muscle contraction. a novel function for integrin-linked kinaseJ T Deng
Smooth Muscle Research Group and Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Regulation of Vascular Contractility, Department of Biochemistry, University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:16365-73. 2001Smooth muscle contraction follows an increase in cytosolic Ca(2+) concentration, activation of myosin light chain kinase, and phosphorylation of the 20-kDa light chain of myosin at Ser(19)...
- Cytokinesis is not controlled by calmodulin or myosin light chain kinase in the Caenorhabditis elegans early embryoEllen L Batchelder
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1525 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
FEBS Lett 581:4337-41. 2007..The calmodulin effector myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) can also phosphorylate mRLC and is widely regarded as a candidate for redundant function with ..
- A role for long chain myosin light chain kinase (MLCK-210) in microvascular hyperpermeability during severe burnsRashell Reynoso
Division of Research, Department of Surgery, University of California at Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Shock 28:589-95. 2007..b>Myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) plays a key role in the control of MLC-phosphorylation status; thus, it is thought to modulate ..
- Relative affinity constants by electrospray ionization and Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry: calmodulin binding to peptide analogs of myosin light chain kinaseMarjaana Nousiainen
Department of Chemistry, University of Joensuu, FIN 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Biophys J 85:491-500. 2003..used to analyze the interactions between calmodulin (CaM) and the CaM-binding sequence of smooth-muscle myosin light chain kinase both in the presence and the absence of Ca(2+)...
- Identification and functional characterization of an aggregation domain in long myosin light chain kinaseWen Cheng Zhang
Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, China
FEBS J 275:2489-500. 2008The functions of long smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase (L-MLCK), a molecule with multiple domains, are poorly understood...
- Differential signalling by muscarinic receptors in smooth muscle: m2-mediated inactivation of myosin light chain kinase via Gi3, Cdc42/Rac1 and p21-activated kinase 1 pathway, and m3-mediated MLC20 (20 kDa regulatory light chain of myosin II) phosphorylatKarnam S Murthy
Departments of Physiology and Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biochem J 374:145-55. 2003..cell division cycle) and p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1), resulting in phosphorylation and inactivation of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK). Each step was inhibited by methoctramine and pertussis toxin...
- Preliminary research on myosin light chain kinase in rabbit liverB Ren
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230027, Anhui Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 7:868-71. 2001AIM: To study preliminarily the properties of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in rabbit liver...
- Dedicated myosin light chain kinases with diverse cellular functionsK E Kamm
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
J Biol Chem 276:4527-30. 2001
- Naturally extended CT . AG repeats increase H-DNA structures and promoter activity in the smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase geneYoo Jeong Han
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S Wolcott, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:863-72. 2008..In support of this, we found (CT)(22) . (AG)(22) repeats in the promoter of smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase (smMLCK), a key regulator of vascular smooth muscle function...
- Role of calmodulin and myosin light chain kinase in the activation of carbachol-activated cationic current in murine ileal myocytesByung Joo Kim
Center for Bio Artificial Muscle and Department of Physiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 85:1254-62. 2007We investigated the effect of calmodulin (CaM) and myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) on murine ileal myocytes using the whole-cell patch-clamp technique...
- A strategy to identify stable membrane-permeant peptide inhibitors of myosin light chain kinaseSian Eleri Owens
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Redwood Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Pharm Res 22:703-9. 2005A peptide inhibitor of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), termed membrane permeant inhibitor of myosin light chain kinase (PIK), has previously been demonstrated to correct paracellular barrier defects associated with in vitro cell models ..
- Quantitative distribution and colocalization of non-muscle myosin light chain kinase isoforms and cortactin in human lung endotheliumMary Brown
Department of Medicine, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Microvasc Res 80:75-88. 2010..in myosin light chain (MLC) phosphorylation, catalyzed by Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent non-muscle myosin light chain kinase variants (nmMLCK1- and -2), as well as association of nmMLCK with the actin-binding protein, cortactin...
- Arrest defective-1 controls tumor cell behavior by acetylating myosin light chain kinaseDong Hoon Shin
Department of Pharmacology, Ischemic Hypoxic Disease Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 4:e7451. 2009The enhancement of cell motility is a critical event during tumor cell spreading. Since myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) regulates cell behavior, it is regarded as a promising target in terms of preventing tumor invasion and metastasis...
- Microfilament-binding properties of N-terminal extension of the isoform of smooth muscle long myosin light chain kinaseChun Xiang Yang
Model Animal Research Center and National Key Lab of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210061, China
Cell Res 16:367-76. 2006..The ability of short myosin light chain kinase (S-MLCK) to bind F-actin is structurally attributed to the DFRXXL regions in its N-terminus...
- Intracellular interaction of myosin light chain kinase with macrophage migration inhibition factor (MIF) in endotheliumRaj Wadgaonkar
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:849-58. 2005The endothelial cell Ca2+/calmodulin (CaM)-dependent myosin light chain kinase isoform (EC MLCK) is a multifunctional contractile effector involved in vascular barrier regulation, leukocyte diapedesis, apoptosis, and angiogenesis...
- ATP augments von Willebrand factor-dependent shear-induced platelet aggregation through Ca2+-calmodulin and myosin light chain kinase activationCecile Oury
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 279:26266-73. 2004..We conclude that the P2X(1) ion channel induces MLC-mediated cytoskeletal rearrangements, thus contributing to SIPA and degranulation during VWF-triggered platelet activation...
- Use of DNA sequence and mutant analyses and antisense oligodeoxynucleotides to examine the molecular basis of nonmuscle myosin light chain kinase autoinhibition, calmodulin recognition, and activityM O Shoemaker
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
J Cell Biol 111:1107-25. 1990The first primary structure for a nonmuscle myosin light chain kinase (nmMLCK) has been determined by elucidation of the cDNA sequence encoding the protein kinase from chicken embryo fibroblasts, and insight into the molecular mechanism ..
- P2X1-mediated ERK2 activation amplifies the collagen-induced platelet secretion by enhancing myosin light chain kinase activationEmese Toth-Zsamboki
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 278:46661-7. 2003..Hence, the P2X1-ERK2-MLC axis contributes to collagen-induced platelet activation by enhancing platelet degranulation...
- Identification, phosphorylation, and dephosphorylation of a second site for myosin light chain kinase on the 20,000-dalton light chain of smooth muscle myosinM Ikebe
J Biol Chem 261:36-9. 1986At relatively high concentrations of myosin light chain kinase, a second site on the 20,000-dalton light chain of smooth muscle myosin is phosphorylated (Ikebe, M., and Hartshorne, D. J. (1985) J. Biol. Chem. 260, 10027-10031)...
- Pulmonary endothelial cell barrier enhancement by sphingosine 1-phosphate: roles for cortactin and myosin light chain kinaseSteven M Dudek
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 279:24692-700. 2004..We now describe functional roles for the actin-binding proteins cortactin and EC myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) in mediating this response...
- Myosin light chain kinase in endothelium: molecular cloning and regulationJ G Garcia
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Richard Roudebush Veterans Administration Center, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 16:489-94. 1997The phosphorylation of myosin light chains by myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) is a key event in agonist-mediated endothelial cell gap formation and vascular permeability...
- Target enzyme recognition by calmodulin: 2.4 A structure of a calmodulin-peptide complexW E Meador
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Science 257:1251-5. 1992..calmodulin (Ca(2+)-CaM) bound to a peptide analog of the CaM-binding region of chicken smooth muscle myosin light chain kinase has been determined and refined to a resolution of 2.4 angstroms (A)...
- Inhibition of the myosin light chain kinase prevents hypoxia-induced blood-brain barrier disruptionChristoph R W Kuhlmann
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Neurochem 102:501-7. 2007..Furthermore, ML-7 and apocynin blocked hypoxia-dependent phosphorylation of MLC. Our data demonstrate that hypoxia causes a breakdown of the BBB in vitro and in vivo involving ROS and the contractile machinery...
- Stress-induced disruption of colonic epithelial barrier: role of interferon-gamma and myosin light chain kinase in miceLaurent Ferrier
Neuro Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Toulouse, France
Gastroenterology 125:795-804. 2003..This study aimed to determine the mechanisms through which stress modulates the colonic epithelial barrier...
- TELOKIN GENE REGULATION IN SMOOTH MUSCLEBRIAN HERRING; Fiscal Year: 2005..The function of SRFs' interaction with these proteins will be elucidated. ..
- Synthetic smooth muscle cell-selective promotersBRIAN HERRING; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together these studies will provide a comprehensive analysis of the mechanisms regulating smooth muscle cell-selective gene expression in the genitourinary tract. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Function of the 130kDa MLCK in vasculature physiology and pathophysiologyBRIAN PAUL HERRING; Fiscal Year: 2010..The mylk1 gene encodes a 220kDa myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), a 130kDa MLCK, as well as the non-catalytic gene product telokin...
- P20-Mediated Suppression of Vascular ForceChristopher Rembold; Fiscal Year: 2004..Many current treatments target smooth muscle to reduce tone. It is possible that targeting the force suppression pathway (i.e. p20) might provide comparable benefits. ..
- NO-CGMP INHIBITION OF UROGENITAL SMOOTH MUSCLEChristopher Rembold; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Regulation of Apoptosis by DAPKPatricia Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Myosin II in Ischemic Acute Renal FailureTimothy Sutton; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mutant forms of MLCK and ROCK proteins will be co-expressed in MDCK cells to alter cellular signaling. ..
- HSP27 Association with Thin Filaments in Colonic MuscleKHALIL BITAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Motor Function and Regulation of Myosin VIIMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed project will clarify the function and regulation of myosin VIIa, thus providing important information in understanding of the mechanism underlying the human sensory disorders of deafness and blindness. ..
- Function of Small G-Protein Binding MyosinMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed project will clarify the function and regulation of myosin IX, a unique member of myosin super family, thus provide a new insight into the mechanism of actin based motility. ..
- Augmentation of Lymphangiogenesis by Increased Fluid Channeling in Mouse SkinJeremy Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Mammalian Class VI MyosinMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Obscurin and Obscurin-MLCK in myofibrillogenesisMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Characterizing obscurin's roles in new myofibril assembly and in sarcomere-sarcoplasma organization may identify new strategies to treat congestive heart failure and prevent myofibril damage during ischemia. ..
- Structural Biology of Cardiovascular SignalingAvril Somlyo; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Interferometric Nano-sensing for Biochemical AnalysisDarryl Bornhop; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal expands on these results, culminating a multiplexed OCIBD for homogeneous (free-solution) molecular interaction assays. ..
- The Regulation of VEGF-C by Interstitial FlowJeremy Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, we aim to determine whether an augmentation of fluid channel formation will increase interstitial flow and promote functional lymphangiogenesis in experimental lymphedema. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of receptor trafficking by myosin IIPatricia Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide fundamental new information about the role of the acto-myosin cytoskeleton in vesicular trafficking that will be important for developing therapeutic strategies for renal failure. ..
- Store Operated Calcium Entry: Lung Endothelial PermeabilityTroy Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Regulation of vascular smooth muscle calcium sensitivityPaul H Ratz; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Specific Aim of this study will be to test the hypothesis that ROK and PKCzeta both mediate KCI- induced Ca sensitization of FA, and that iPLA2 and PI3K are required as upstream activators of ROK and PKCzeta. ..
- INTRAFLAGELLAR TRANSPORT IN CHLAMYDOMONAS REINHARDTIIDOUGLAS COLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..An important aspect of Aim 4 will involve the creation of 900 or more motility mutants;currently we lack mutants in more than 1/2 of the IFT particle proteins. ..
- CA++ INHIBITION OF CAMP IN LUNG ENDOTHELIAL PERMEABILITYTroy Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is hoped completion of these studies will improve our understanding of mechanisms which regulate endothelial barrier properties so that effective therapies can be developed for treatment of non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ANESTHETIC ACTION ON SMOOTH MUSCLEJUDY SU; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further the understanding of signal pathways of CaMKII and PKC in smooth muscle will advance understanding mechanisms of agonist-activated force maintenance in smooth muscle, as well as cell motility and migration in non-muscle cells. ..
- Determinants of Pulmonary Endothelial Cell Function ConfTroy Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2004..At the conclusion of this meeting and as part of the published report, we will have identified areas of need for future investigation in lung vascular biology. ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF MAMMALIAN MYOSIN IMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF SMOOTH MUSCLE ACTOMYOSINMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- International Conference-Structural Mechanisms in MuscleAvril Somlyo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Approaches include single-molecule nanotechnology, synchrotron radiation and the genetic basis of disease, all of which will be exemplified in the topics discussed at the conference. ..
- PROTEIN KINASES ON SMOOTH MUSCLE REGULATIONMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific aim 2. To define the role of PKC and CaMPKII on Ca2+ signaling and contraction of smooth muscle cells. Specific aim 3. To define the protein targets phosphorylated by the PKC and CaMPKIIcascade in smooth muscle cells. ..
- Endothelial Cell Phenotypes in Health and DiseaseJOE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2006..This R13 application is a request for partial funding of the GRC on Endothelial Cell Phenotypes in Health and Disease in 2006. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LUNG VASCULAR BARRIER PRESERVATION BY PLATELET PRODUCTSJOE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM AND REGULATION OF ACTIN-BASED RETROGRADE FLOWJOHN HENSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..4. To study the inducible transformation of coelomocytes from a lamellipodial to a filopodial form. ..
- CGMP DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASE IN VASCULAR BIOLOGYHOWARD SURKS; Fiscal Year: 2003..of smooth muscle depend on the phosphorylation- dephosphorylation of myosin light chains by the myosin light chain kinase and myosin phosphatase (PP1M) respectively...
- REGULATION OF LUNG ENDOTHELIAL CONTRACTION/PERMEABILITYJOE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2002..contractile elements which contribute to this contractile process including a novel endothelial cell myosin light chain kinase (EC MLCK) isoform...
- CLONING OF A POTENTIAL REGULATOR OF THE DHAND FACTORMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- LOCAL CA2+ IN ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF ARTERIAL RESISTANCEWITHROW WIER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GAP JUNCTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS IN WOUND HEALINGH Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Lung Barrier Function by Endothelial Cell (EC) Myosin Light Chain KJOE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our studies have demonstrated that the gene encoding the multi-functional cytoskeletal protein, myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), contains coding polymorphisms which are highly associated with susceptibility to acute lung ..
- PROTEIN PHOSPHATASES IN ENDOTHELIAL CELL PERMEABILITYJOE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2001..protein kinase C (PKC) activation and myosin light chain (MLC20), phosphorylation catalyzed by a novel myosin light chain kinase. These events result in loss of endothelial cell monolayer resistance, paracellular gap formation and ..
- Neurogenic Calcium Signals in Small ArteriesWITHROW WIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanical Stretch and Vein Graft Intimal HyperplasiaJeremy Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aim II: Investigate the role of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-BB and related signaling molecules in mediating subsequent vascular cell proliferation. ..
- Function of a Novel Matrix Junction in Endothelial CellsJonathan Jones; Fiscal Year: 2005..In aim 3, we will analyze the function(s) of components of the VMA in angiogenesis in vivo. These studies will provide new insight into the role of integrin/matrix interactions in angiogenesis. ..
- Defects of Neurotransmission in Ischemia and ReperfusionALEXANDER MONGIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Regulatory Mechanisms of Secretory Phospholipases A2SUREN TATULIAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Collectively, our results will help develop new strategies for regulation of PLA2s, enzymes of profound biomedical importance. ..
- APPLIED GENOMICS IN CARDIOPULMONARY DISEASEJOE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- RISK FACTORS & BIOMARKERS OF OX STRESS IN GRAFT FAILUREJason Christie; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF DETRUSOR SMOOTH MUSCLE CONTRACTIONPAUL RATZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Collectively, these studies will provide new insights into the cellular mechanisms regulating DSM contractions. ..