- 2-5A-dependent RNase molecules dimerize during activation by 2-5A
Department of Cancer Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195
J Biol Chem 270:4133-7. 1995
..These results demonstrate that the catalytically active form of 2-5A-dependent RNase is a homodimer...
- Temsirolimus, an mTOR inhibitor, in combination with lower-dose clofarabine as salvage therapy for older patients with acute myeloid leukaemia: results of a phase II GIMEMA study (AML-1107)
Department of Haematology, Tor Vergata University Hospital, Roma, Italy Department of Haematology, St George s Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 156:205-12. 2012
..The acceptable safety profile and the predictive value of target inhibition encourage further investigation of this novel regimen...
- A membrane network of receptors and enzymes for adenine nucleotides and nucleosides
Institute of Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringerstrasse 13a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:325-34. 2009
Most cells express more than one receptor plus degrading enzymes for adenine nucleotides or nucleosides, and cellular responses to purines are rarely compatible with the actions of single receptors...
- Extracellular 2',3'-cAMP is a source of adenosine
Edwin K Jackson
Departments of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219, USA
J Biol Chem 284:33097-106. 2009
- European development of clofarabine as treatment for older patients with acute myeloid leukemia considered unsuitable for intensive chemotherapy
Alan K Burnett
Department of Haematology, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:2389-95. 2010
..We assessed the second-generation purine nucleoside analog, clofarabine, in two similar phase II studies in this group of patients...
- Intracellular regulation of human ClC-5 by adenine nucleotides
Istituto di Biofisica, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Genova, Italy
EMBO Rep 10:1111-6. 2009
..The residues Tyr 617 and Asp 727, but not Ser 618, are crucial for the potentiation. These results provide a mechanistic and structural framework for the interpretation of nucleotide regulation of a CLC transporter...
- A convenient and sensitive fluorescence resonance energy transfer assay for RNase L and 2',5' oligoadenylates
Chandar S Thakur
Department of Chemistry, Cleveland State University, OH, USA
Methods Mol Med 116:103-13. 2005
..The RNA probe used in the FRET assay was designed based on a region of respiratory syncytial genomic RNA. We demonstrate the utility of our FRET assay with several novel biostable analogs of 2-5A...
- Fluctuations in mitochondrial membrane potential in single isolated brain mitochondria: modulation by adenine nucleotides and Ca2+
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Biophys J 87:3585-93. 2004
..The effects of adenine nucleotides were abolished by blockade of the adenine nucleotide translocator with carboxyatractyloside, but were ..
- Soluble guanylate cyclase is allosterically inhibited by direct interaction with 2-substituted adenine nucleotides
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Eur J Biochem 269:2186-93. 2002
..Previous studies demonstrated that 2-substituted adenine nucleotides, including 2-methylthioATP (2MeSATP) and 2-chloroATP (2ClATP), allosterically inhibit guanylate cyclase C, ..
- Comparative hydrolysis of extracellular adenine nucleotides and adenosine in synaptic membranes from porcine brain cortex, hippocampus, cerebellum and medulla oblongata
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of General and Molecular Biology, N Copernicus University of Torun, Torun, Poland
Brain Res 1030:49-56. 2004
We have investigated the metabolism of extracellular adenine nucleotides and adenosine in porcine brain. The cortex synaptic plasma membranes hydrolyzed ATP to ADP, AMP and adenosine...
- A kinetic study of a ternary cycle between adenine nucleotides
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Escuela Politecnica Superior de Albacete, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Albacete, Spain
FEBS J 273:3598-613. 2006
..In the present paper, a kinetic study is made of the behavior of a moiety-conserved ternary cycle between the adenine nucleotides. The system contains the enzymes S-acetyl coenzyme A synthetase, adenylate kinase and pyruvate kinase, and ..
- A new regulatory principle for in vivo biochemistry: pleiotropic low affinity regulation by the adenine nucleotides--illustrated for the glycolytic enzymes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Femke I C Mensonides
Department of Molecular Cell Physiology, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1085, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 587:2860-7. 2013
..We determined systematically the extent to which the enzyme activities depend on the concentrations of the adenine nucleotides. We found that the effects of the adenine nucleotides on enzymes catalysing reactions in which they are not ..
- Phase II study of clofarabine monotherapy in previously untreated older adults with acute myeloid leukemia and unfavorable prognostic factors
Hagop M Kantarjian
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:549-55. 2010
..This phase II study assessed clofarabine monotherapy in older adults (>or= 60 years of age) with untreated acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and at least one unfavorable baseline prognostic factor...
- The 2',3'-cAMP-adenosine pathway
Edwin K Jackson
Dept of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 100 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F1160-7. 2011
- Trinitrophenyl derivatives bind differently from parent adenine nucleotides to Ca2+-ATPase in the absence of Ca2+
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1833-8. 2011
Trinitrophenyl derivatives of adenine nucleotides are widely used for probing ATP-binding sites...
- A comparison of the transportability, and its role in cytotoxicity, of clofarabine, cladribine, and fludarabine by recombinant human nucleoside transporters produced in three model expression systems
Karen M King
Department of Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 1Z2
Mol Pharmacol 69:346-53. 2006
..These results suggest that the nature and activity of the plasma membrane proteins capable of inward transport of nucleosides are important determinants of Cl-F-ara-A activity in human cells...
- A distinct sequence in the adenine nucleotide translocase from Artemia franciscana embryos is associated with insensitivity to bongkrekate and atypical effects of adenine nucleotides on Ca2+ uptake and sequestration
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
FEBS J 278:822-36. 2011
..Here, we report that adenine nucleotides decreased, whereas carboxyatractyloside increased, Ca(2+) uptake capacity in mitochondria isolated from ..
- Enzymes that hydrolyze adenine nucleotides in diabetes and associated pathologies
Gilberto Inácio Lunkes
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, 97105 900, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Thromb Res 109:189-94. 2003
..Probably, such alterations are involved in compensatory physiological responses in these diseases and are related to other important mechanisms of thromboregulation...
- Genetic analysis of Japanese patients with persistent hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia of infancy: nucleotide-binding fold-2 mutation impairs cooperative binding of adenine nucleotides to sulfonylurea receptor 1
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Diabetes 49:114-20. 2000
..The genetic etiology of PHHI appears to be heterogeneous. SUR1 mutations may account for no more than 20% of PHHI cases in Japanese patients. Mutations of Kir6.2 and glutamate dehydrogenase genes are likely to be even less common...
- Structural characterization of adenine nucleotides bound to Escherichia coli adenylate kinase. 2. 31P and 13C relaxation measurements in the presence of cobalt(II) and manganese(II)
Department of Physics, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 3273, USA
Biochemistry 39:3647-55. 2000
..These conformations differ significantly from the nucleotide conformations in crystals of AKe. AP(5)A and AKe.AMP.AMPPNP as determined by X-ray crystallography...
- Clofarabine in pediatric acute leukemia: current findings and issues
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614 3394, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:417-22. 2012
..In this article, we review the development of clofarabine, rationale and history of combination regimens, and their potential roles and toxicities in the treatment of pediatric ALL that are important to treating clinicians...
- Effect of ribose supplementation on resynthesis of adenine nucleotides after intense intermittent training in humans
Human Physiology, Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Institute for Excersize and Sport Science, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R182-8. 2004
The effect of oral ribose supplementation on the resynthesis of adenine nucleotides and performance after 1 wk of intense intermittent exercise was examined. Eight subjects performed a random double-blind crossover design...
- A CBS domain-containing pyrophosphatase of Moorella thermoacetica is regulated by adenine nucleotides
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, FIN 20014 Turku, Finland
Biochem J 408:327-33. 2007
..Our results suggest that soluble nucleotide-regulated PPases act as amplifiers of metabolism in bacteria by enhancing or suppressing ATP production and biosynthetic reactions at high and low [ATP]/([AMP]+[ADP]) ratios respectively...
- Clofarabine in leukemia
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Rev Hematol 3:15-22. 2010
..This article describes the development, pharmacology and clinical activity of clofarabine, as well as its emerging role in the treatment of acute leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome and solid tumors...
- Structural characterization of adenine nucleotides bound to Escherichia coli adenylate kinase. 1. Adenosine conformations by proton two-dimensional transferred nuclear Overhauser effect spectroscopy
Department of Physics, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis IUPUI, Indiana 46202 3273, USA
Biochemistry 39:3636-46. 2000
..The glycosidic torsion angles, chi, deduced for the adenine nucleotides in these complexes are 51 degrees, 37 degrees, 49 degrees, and 47 degrees, respectively, with an ..
- The 100-kDa 2',5'-oligoadenylate synthetase catalyzing preferentially the synthesis of dimeric pppA2'p5'A molecules is composed of three homologous domains
Unité de Virologie et Imunologie Cellulaire, ERS CNRS 572, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Biol Chem 274:1557-65. 1999
..These results confirm that the enzymatic activity of p100 is distinct compared with that of p40/p46 and p69/p71...
- Receptor-promoted exocytosis of airway epithelial mucin granules containing a spectrum of adenine nucleotides
Silvia M Kreda
Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 4029A Thurston Bowles Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7248, USA
J Physiol 588:2255-67. 2010
- Nuclear accumulation of G-actin in isolated rat hepatocytes by adenine nucleotides
Division of Toxicology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 240:697-700. 1997
..These observations suggest that nuclear accumulation of G-actin is mediated by adenosine receptors...
- Effect of adenine nucleotides on cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase enzyme products of arachidonic acid in human platelets
Y P Dragan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298
Biochem Pharmacol 39:27-32. 1990
..This suggests that the 12-lipoxygenase enzyme of platelets can be regulated by adenine nucleotides. We next determined the portion of the nucleotide molecule responsible for the enhanced 12-lipoxygenase ..
- Dynamics of energy charge and adenine nucleotides during uncoupling of catabolism and anabolism in Penicillium ochrochloron
University of Innsbruck, Institute of Microbiology, Technikerstrasse 25, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Mycol Res 113:1422-32. 2009
..A possible connection between the change in adenine nucleotide concentrations and the purine salvage pathway is discussed...
- A randomized study of clofarabine versus clofarabine plus low-dose cytarabine as front-line therapy for patients aged 60 years and older with acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 112:1638-45. 2008
..4 months vs 5.8 months; P = .1). Clofarabine plus low-dose cytarabine has a higher response rate than clofarabine alone with comparable toxicity. This trial is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as no. NCT00088218...
- Adenine nucleotides decrease the apparent Km of endogenous natriuretic peptide receptors for GTP
Laura K Antos
Dept of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Univ of Minnesota, 6 155 Jackson, 321 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1756-63. 2007
..We conclude that ATP is not required for the initial activation of NPRs but does increase activity over time by reducing the apparent K(m) for GTP...
- Results of a phase 1-2 study of clofarabine in combination with cytarabine (ara-C) in relapsed and refractory acute leukemias
Department of Leukemia, Box 428, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 105:940-7. 2005
..The combination of clofarabine with ara-C is safe and active. Cellular pharmacology data support the biochemical modulation strategy...
- RNase L inhibitor is induced during human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection and down regulates the 2-5A/RNase L pathway in human T cells
Institut de génétique moléculaire de Montpellier UMR 5535, CNRS Université de Montpellier II, 34293 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Virol 73:290-6. 1999
..These findings demonstrate that the level of RLI, via its modulation of RNase L activity, can severely impair HIV replication and suggest the involvement of RLI in the inhibition of the 2-5A/RNase L system observed during HIV infection...
- Modulation of murine dendritic cell function by adenine nucleotides and adenosine: involvement of the A(2B) receptor
Abduelhakem Ben Addi
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research, IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Gosselies, Belgium
Eur J Immunol 38:1610-20. 2008
..receptor; since there is no functional P2Y(11) gene in the murine genome, we investigated the action of adenine nucleotides on murine DC...
- Clofarabine, a novel nucleoside analog, is active in pediatric patients with advanced leukemia
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale St, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Blood 103:784-9. 2004
..Clofarabine is well tolerated and shows significant antileukemic activity in heavily pretreated children. Multicenter phase 2 trials in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) are ongoing...
- Phase 2 clinical and pharmacologic study of clofarabine in patients with refractory or relapsed acute leukemia
Department of Leukemia, Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 102:2379-86. 2003
..03). This increased only in responders (median, 1.8-fold; P =.008) after the second clofarabine infusion. In summary, clofarabine is active in acute leukemias and MDS; cellular pharmacokinetics may have prognostic significance...
- The antiinflammatory mechanism of methotrexate depends on extracellular conversion of adenine nucleotides to adenosine by ecto-5'-nucleotidase: findings in a study of ecto-5'-nucleotidase gene-deficient mice
M Carmen Montesinos
University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 56:1440-5. 2007
- Measurement of intracellular metabolites of primary metabolism and adenine nucleotides in chemostat cultivated Penicillium chrysogenum
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 67, 2628 BC Delft, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Bioeng 94:159-66. 2006
..Intracellular metabolites of glycolysis, TCA cycle, and adenine nucleotides were measured with isotope dilution mass spectrometry (IDMS) using a U-(13)C-labeled metabolite mix ..
- Southwest Oncology Group Study S0530: a phase 2 trial of clofarabine and cytarabine for relapsed or refractory acute lymphocytic leukaemia
Anjali S Advani
Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Br J Haematol 151:430-4. 2010
..Nucleoside transporter expression did not predict outcome. This regimen lacked sufficient activity to warrant further testing...
- Calcium-induced conversion of adenine nucleotides to inosine monophosphate in human red cells
Departamento de Fisiologia y Bioquimica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
J Physiol 407:557-67. 1988
..5. These results suggest that the irreversibility of calcium-induced ATP depletion results from irreversible trapping of the adenine nucleotide as IMP, and help explain the mechanism of E cell formation...
- Discrete but simultaneous release of adenine nucleotides and serotonin from mouse megakaryocytes as detected with patch- and carbon-fiber electrodes
Department of Neurophysiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C119-28. 2004
Using patch- and carbon-fiber electrodes, we studied release phenomena of adenine nucleotides and serotonin from megakaryocytes isolated from the bone marrow of the mouse...
- Effects of analogues of adenine nucleotides on increases in intracellular calcium mediated by P2T-purinoceptors on human blood platelets
D A Hall
Receptors and Cellular Regulation Research Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford
Br J Pharmacol 108:728-33. 1993
1. By use of a number of analogues of adenine nucleotides, the structure-activity relationships of the human platelet receptor for adenosine 5'-diphosphate (ADP) mediating increases in intracellular calcium were investigated, and ..
- Clofarabine: emerging role in leukemias
University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Leukemia Department, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 0428, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 18:1559-64. 2009
..An oral formulation of clofarabine is also currently under development...
- Platelet receptors for adenine nucleotides and thromboxane A2
Department of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 30:411-8. 2004
..This review focuses on the contribution of different nucleotide receptors and TP receptors to platelet function and their potential as antithrombotic agents...
- Activities of the enzymes that hydrolyze adenine nucleotides in platelets from multiple sclerosis patients
Roselia Maria Spanevello
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Basic Sciences for Health, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Neurol 257:24-30. 2010
..Our results suggest that the alterations in NTPDase, E-NPP, 5'-nucleotidase and ADA may have contributed to the alterations in platelet function in MS by altering the levels of nucleotides and nucleosides in the circulation...
- High-chloride concentrations abolish the binding of adenine nucleotides in the mitochondrial ADP/ATP carrier family
Eva Maria Krammer
Equipe de Dynamique des Assemblages Membranaires, UMR No 7565, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy, France
Biophys J 97:L25-7. 2009
..These results strongly suggest that the chloride concentration acts as an electrostatic lock for the mitochondrial AAC family, thereby preventing adenine nucleotides from reaching their dedicated binding sites.
- The effect of stress upon hydrolysis adenine nucleotides in blood serum of rats
Ana Elisa Böhmer
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grando do Sul, Ramiro Barcelos, 2600 Anexo, Lab 22, 90035 003 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 75:467-71. 2003
..In the present study, we investigated the effect of acute stress on the hydrolysis of adenine nucleotides in rat blood serum...
- Methanocarba modification of uracil and adenine nucleotides: high potency of Northern ring conformation at P2Y1, P2Y2, P2Y4, and P2Y11 but not P2Y6 receptors
Hak Sung Kim
Molecular Recognition Section, Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0810, USA
J Med Chem 45:208-18. 2002
..Our results suggest that new nucleotide agonists may be designed on the basis of the (N) conformation that favors selectivity for P2Y1, P2Y2, P2Y4, and P2Y11 receptors...
- Germline mutations in the ribonuclease L gene in families showing linkage with HPC1
Cancer Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 30:181-4. 2002
..Thus, germline mutations in RNASEL may be of diagnostic value, and the 2-5A pathway might provide opportunities for developing therapies for those with prostate cancer...
- Biochemical and functional characterization of recombinant Rhodnius prolixus platelet aggregation inhibitor 1 as a novel lipocalin with high affinity for adenosine diphosphate and other adenine nucleotides
Ivo M B Francischetti
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 4 Center Drive, Room 4 126, MSC 0425, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0425, USA
Biochemistry 41:3810-8. 2002
..In this report, we determine the binding constants and specificity of RPAI-1 for adenine nucleotides and its functional significance...
- Adenine nucleotides inhibit cytokine generation by human mast cells through a Gs-coupled receptor
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 173:7539-47. 2004
- Homo- and heteroexchange of adenine nucleotides and nucleosides in rat hippocampal slices by the nucleoside transport system
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 1450 Budapest POB 67, Hungary
Br J Pharmacol 139:623-33. 2003
..liquid chromatography analysis of the effluent showed that the tritium label represented the whole set of adenine nucleotides and nucleosides, and ATP significantly increased the outflow of [(3)H]ATP...
- Role of adenine nucleotides in insulin secretion from MIN6 pseudoislets
A C Hauge-Evans
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Group, Biomedical Sciences, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London Bridge, London SE1 1UL, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 191:167-76. 2002
..aqonists have been implicated in intercellular communication between beta-cells, so we investigated whether adenine nucleotides co-released with insulin are responsible for the enhanced secretory responses of pseudoislets...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacology study of clofarabine in patients with solid and hematologic cancers
Hagop M Kantarjian
Departments of Leukemia, Experimental Therapeutics, and Breast and Head and Neck, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1167-73. 2003
..To define the maximum-tolerated doses (MTDs) and dose-limiting toxicities (DLTs) of clofarabine, given as a 1-hour infusion daily for 5 days, in patients with solid tumors and with acute leukemia...
- Extracellular adenine nucleotides metabolism in astrocyte cultures from different brain regions
Marcia R Wink
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, UFRGS, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2600 Anexo, CEP 90035 003, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Neurochem Int 43:621-8. 2003
..A higher expression of ecto-5'-nucleotidase was identified by RT-PCR in cerebellum. The differences observed may indicate functional heterogeneity of nucleotides in the brain...
- Molecular basis for Kir6.2 channel inhibition by adenine nucleotides
UCLA Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Department of Physiology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90095, USA
Biophys J 84:266-76. 2003
..x, and the sulfonylurea receptor, SURx. Interaction of adenine nucleotides with Kir6.2 positively charged amino acids such as K185 and R201 on the C-terminus causes channel closure...
- Adenosine and adenine nucleotides as regulators of cerebral blood flow: roles of acidosis, cell swelling, and KATP channels
John W Phillis
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, 540 E Canfield, Detroit MI 48201, USA
Crit Rev Neurobiol 16:237-70. 2004
..The aim of this review is to describe developments in our understanding of the roles that adenosine and the adenine nucleotides play in cerebral blood flow control, with some comparisons to coronary blood flow...
- The effect of systemic hypoxia on interstitial and blood adenosine, AMP, ADP and ATP in dog skeletal muscle
F M Mo
Department of Physiology, and Institute of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Physiol 536:593-603. 2001
..effect of moderate systemic hypoxia on the arterial, venous and interstitial concentration of adenosine and adenine nucleotides in the neurally and vascularly isolated, constant-flow perfused gracilis muscles of anaesthetized dogs. 2...
- Plant succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase. Cloning, purification, localization in mitochondria, and regulation by adenine nucleotides
K B Busch
Department of Plant Sciences, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Plant Physiol 121:589-97. 1999
..Plant SSADH may be responsive to mitochondrial energy charge and reducing potential in controlling metabolism of gamma-aminobutyric acid...
- Phase II study of clofarabine in pediatric patients with refractory or relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1917-23. 2006
..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of clofarabine, a novel deoxyadenosine analog, in pediatric patients with refractory or relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Adenine nucleotides modulate epithelial wound healing in vitro
A U Dignass
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 28:554-61. 1998
b>Adenine nucleotides have been demonstrated to enhance structural and functional regeneration in experimental renal injury in rats. The mechanism of adenine nucleotide action have not been elucidated...
- An ion-pair reversed-phase HPLC method for determination of fresh tissue adenine nucleotides avoiding freeze-thaw degradation of ATP
Stephanie zur Nedden
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV47AL, UK
Anal Biochem 388:108-14. 2009
..can be obtained from high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) determination of tissue levels of adenine nucleotides (ATP, ADP, and AMP) and their interrelationship in the tissue energy charge (EC)...
- Clofarabine combinations as acute myeloid leukemia salvage therapy
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 113:2090-6. 2008
..Clofarabine is a nucleoside analog with activity in adult AML. Combinations with cytarabine in AML are feasible and effective. Idarubicin is another active AML drug, which has not yet been tested with clofarabine...
- Measurement of adenine nucleotides in plasma
Mark W Gorman
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7290, USA
Luminescence 18:173-81. 2003
..Measurement of ATP and haemoglobin from lysed erythrocytes revealed that haemolysis exerts a strong influence on plasma ATP concentration that must be taken into account...
- 2',5'-oligoadenylate synthetase from a lower invertebrate, the marine sponge Geodia cydonium, does not need dsRNA for its enzymatic activity
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Chemical Physics and Biophysics, Akadeemia tee 23, 12618, Tallinn, Estonia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1590:140-9. 2002
..By its product profile and kinetics of formation, the sponge 2-5A synthetase behaves like a specific isoform of enzymes of the 2-5A synthetase family...
- Inhibitory effects of adenine nucleotides and related substances on UDP-glucuronosyltransferase: structure-effect relationships and evidence for an allosteric mechanism
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1770:1557-66. 2007
..These results suggest that (1) a number of cellular nucleotides present within the endoplasmic reticulum regulate UGT function; and (2) these substances bind to a common allosteric site on UGT to reduce catalytic function...
- Epigenetic regulation of the binding activity of translation inhibitory proteins that bind the 3' untranslated region of beta-F1-ATPase mRNA by adenine nucleotides and the redox state
José M Izquierdo
Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, C S I C U A M, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Arch Biochem Biophys 433:481-6. 2005
..Interestingly, the availability of adenine nucleotides regulates in a concentration-dependent manner the binding activities of 3'beta FBPs...
- Opposite effects of uracil and adenine nucleotides on the survival of murine cardiomyocytes
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology of Purinergic Transmission, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 12:522-36. 2008
..Exposure of cardiomyocytes to adenine nucleotides (ATP, ADP or BzATP) induced apoptosis and necrosis, as determined by flow-cytometry...
- Biochemical characterization of the human RAD51 protein. III. Modulation of DNA binding by adenosine nucleotides
Genetics and Molecular Biology Program, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 277:14434-42. 2002
..These observations suggest that other factors may assist hRAD51 in order to mirror RecA recombinational function...
- Stimulation of mouse cultured sympathetic neurons by uracil but not adenine nucleotides
Pharmakologisches Institut, Universitat Freiburg, Hermann Herder Strasse 5, D 79104 Freiburg i Br, Germany
Neuroscience 103:227-36. 2001
..The absence of functional P2X receptors makes the mouse neurons suitable for further study of the uracil nucleotide-sensitive P2Y receptors...
- Oligomeric structure of Escherichia coli primary replicative helicase DnaB protein
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0653
J Biol Chem 269:31350-8. 1994
- HPC1/RNASEL mediates apoptosis of prostate cancer cells treated with 2',5'-oligoadenylates, topoisomerase I inhibitors, and tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, and Experimental Therapeutics Program, Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cancer Res 64:9144-51. 2004
..These findings indicate that RNase L integrates and amplifies apoptotic signals generated during treatment of prostate cancer cells with 2-5A, Topo I inhibitors, and TRAIL...
- Interferon action and apoptosis are defective in mice devoid of 2',5'-oligoadenylate-dependent RNase L
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
EMBO J 16:6355-63. 1997
..Another implication is that the 2-5A system is likely to contribute to the antiviral activity of interferon by inducing apoptosis of infected cells...
- Chemotaxis of rat mast cells toward adenine nucleotides
M A McCloskey
Department of Zoology and Genetics, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Immunol 163:970-7. 1999
..These findings suggest that adenine nucleotides liberated from parasite-infested tissue could participate in the recruitment of mast cells by intestinal ..
- Anion permeability and conduction of adenine nucleotides through a chloride channel in cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45, Yushima Bunkyo ku Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:2085-92. 1999
..To understand its function further, we examined the permeation of various anions and adenine nucleotides using the planar lipid bilayer-vesicle fusion technique...
- Adenine nucleotides inhibit recombinant N-type calcium channels via G protein-coupled mechanisms in HEK 293 cells; involvement of the P2Y13 receptor-type
Rudolf Boehm Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leipzig, Haertelstrasse 16 18, Leipzig D 04107, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 141:141-51. 2004
..6. Hence, it is tempting to speculate that P2Y(13) receptors may inhibit N-type Ca(2+) channels via the betagamma subunits of the activated G(i) protein...
- Purine salvage to adenine nucleotides in different skeletal muscle fiber types
J J Brault
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, and Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Appl Physiol 91:231-8. 2001
..In the absence of ribose supplementation, purine salvage rates are relatively low, especially compared with the AdN pool size in skeletal muscle...
- AMP does not induce torpor
Steven J Swoap
Department of Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, MA 01267, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R468-73. 2007
..The maximum rate of T(b) fall into hypothermia was significantly faster with injection of adenine nucleotides (AMP: -0.24 +/- 0.03; ADP: -0.24 +/- 0.02; ATP: -0.25 +/- 0...
- Adenylate-coupled ion movement. A mechanism for the control of nodule permeability to O2 diffusion
Department of Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
Plant Physiol 141:280-7. 2006
- Ecto-hydrolysis of adenine nucleotides in rat blood platelets are altered by ovariectomy
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Platelets 16:334-9. 2005
..The process of haemostasis can also be affected by adenine nucleotides and adenosine...
- In vitro adenine nucleotide catabolism in African catfish spermatozoa
Marek S Zietara
Gdansk University, Biological Station, 26 Ornitologów Street, PL 80 680 Gdańsk Sobieszewo, Poland
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 138:385-9. 2004
..One of the possible explanations for this phenomenon is that the spermatozoa actively catabolize adenine nucleotides. A relatively high rate of such catabolism could then contribute to the low ATP concentration and low ..
- In vitro effect of homocysteine on nucleotide hydrolysis by blood serum from adult rats
Ana Elisa Böhmer
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2600 Anexo, CEP 90035 003, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Chem Biol Interact 160:159-64. 2006
..to adenosine by soluble nucleotidases constitutes one of the systems for rapid inactivation of circulating adenine nucleotides. Thus, the main objective of this study was to evaluate if Hcy can participate in the modulation of the ..
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 inhibition slows mitochondrial adenine nucleotide transport and regulates voltage-dependent anion channel phosphorylation
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Circ Res 103:983-91. 2008
..Both proteomics and adenine nucleotide transport data suggest that GSK regulates VDAC and that VDAC may be an important regulatory site in ischemia/reperfusion injury...
- The ice worm, Mesenchytraeus solifugus, elevates adenylate levels at low physiological temperature
Michael J Napolitano
Biology Department, The State University of New Jersey, Rutgers, Camden, NJ 08102, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 137:227-35. 2004
..These results suggest that ice worms have evolved a compensatory mechanism by which gains in adenylate nucleotides off-set, at least in part, the inherent lethargy and death usually associated with cold temperature...
- Chronic treatment with lithium increases the ecto-nucleotidase activities in rat hippocampal synatosomes
Leandre Carmem Wilot
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, UFRGS, Rua Ramiro Barcellos 2600 Anexo, 90035 003, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Neurosci Lett 368:167-70. 2004
..In conclusion, the modulation of the ecto-nucleotidase pathway may be a new explanation for the potential neuroprotective lithium action in hippocampal lesions...
- AMP deamination delays muscle acidification during heavy exercise and hypoxia
Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, 30 387 Krakow, Poland
J Biol Chem 281:3057-66. 2006
..The resultant reduction of proton production by anaerobic glycolysis enables us to delay the termination of exercise because of fatigue and/or to diminish cell damage...
- The structure of human deoxycytidine kinase in complex with clofarabine reveals key interactions for prodrug activation
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 62:133-9. 2006
..The interactions between 2-Cl and its surrounding hydrophobic residues contribute to the high catalytic efficiency of dCK for clofarabine...
- Hyperthyroidism modifies ecto-nucleotidase activities in synaptosomes from hippocampus and cerebral cortex of rats in different phases of development
Alessandra Nejar Bruno
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Avenida Ramiro Barcellos 2600 ANEXO, 90035 003, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Int J Dev Neurosci 21:401-8. 2003
..Thus, hyperthyroidism affects the extracellular nucleotides balance and adenosine production, interfering in neurotransmitter release, development and others physiological processes in different systems...
- Interstitial purine metabolites in hearts with LV remodeling
Andrey V Gourine
Research Institute of Cardiology, Minsk, Republic of Belarus
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H677-84. 2004
..These results suggest that the decreased myocardial ATP level in hearts with post-MI LV remodeling may be caused by the chronic depletion of the total adenine nucleotide pool...
- Adenine nucleotide changes in the remnant liver: An early signal for regeneration after partial hepatectomy
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hepatology 48:898-908. 2008
..in adenosine diphosphate (ADP) and adenosine monophosphate (AMP), resulting in a marked decline in total adenine nucleotides (TAN). We found no evidence of mitochondrial damage or uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation...
- Adenine nucleotides in snail muscles as one of biomarkers of fluoride toxicity
Department of Biochemistry and Chemistry, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
J Environ Monit 7:631-4. 2005
..on the energy balance of the snail's foot was investigated based on measurements of concentrations of adenine nucleotides and their metabolism degradation products...
- Ovariectomy and estradiol replacement therapy alters the adenine nucleotide hydrolysis in rat blood serum
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Avenida Ramiro Barcellos, 2600 Anexo, 90035 003 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Thromb Res 114:275-81. 2004
..The process of haemostasis and thrombus formation can be also affected by adenine nucleotides and adenosine...
- Compartmentation of energy metabolism in atrial myocardium of patients undergoing cardiac surgery
Department of Pathophysiology, Human Genetics and Biology and Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Centre of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Mol Cell Biochem 270:49-61. 2005
..coupled to oxidative phosphorylation, the MM-CK is coupled to ATPases and there exists a direct transfer of adenine nucleotides between mitochondria and ATPases...
- Proline induces alterations on nucleotide hydrolysis in synaptosomes from cerebral cortex of rats
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2600 Anexo, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Brain Res 1149:210-5. 2007
..according to our results, it seems reasonable to postulate that proline administration alters the hydrolysis of ATP and probably affects the responses mediated by adenine nucleotides in the central nervous system of proline treated rats.
- Purine level regulation during energy depletion associated with graded excitatory stimulation in brain
P Nickolas Shepel
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 0W3, Canada
Neurol Res 27:139-48. 2005
..However, adenosine at high levels may reflect merely the results of obstructed energy metabolism...
- Hypoxic conformance of metabolism in primary rat hepatocytes: a model of hepatic hibernation
Ram M Subramanian
Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hepatology 45:455-64. 2007
..After reoxygenation, cells exposed to prolonged moderate hypoxia demonstrated a more rapid recovery of respiration compared to acute hypoxia/anoxia...
- Oxygen treatment restores energy status following experimental neonatal hypoxia-ischemia
John W Calvert
Department of Physiology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:165-73. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to determine whether oxygen treatment could attenuate the alterations in cerebral energy metabolism found in the brain following hypoxia-ischemia...
- Adenosine uptake-dependent C6 cell growth inhibition
Division of Pharmacology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 577:35-43. 2007
In C6 glioma cells, adenine nucleotides, especially AMP, and adenosine inhibited cell proliferation in time- and concentration-dependent manners...
- Nucleotide recognition by the cytoplasmic domain of the human chloride transporter ClC-5
Department of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Winterthurer Strasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:60-7. 2007
..Our results establish the structural and energetic basis for the interaction of ClC-5 with nucleotides and provide a framework for future investigations...
- Quantitating adenylate nucleotides in diverse organisms
Michael J Napolitano
Biology Department, 315 Penn Street, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Camden, NJ 08102, USA
J Biochem Biophys Methods 63:69-77. 2005
..g., alga, bacteria, fungi, plant)...